tippy4
08-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Opening bid of $500.

Randall Flagg
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Congratulations.

tippy4
08-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jerome.....I don't know if the buyer is a member here or not as I do not recognize the name.

e_taylor
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
The remarque that ended today (stork-thing) is sold to a buyer I do not know.

Next up....Eddie & Susannah (later this week).

He's a member over at the Haunt - you shouldn't have any problems with the sale.

Rahfa
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
That's good news...I think that one 'deserved' to sell at $500, given the unique, yes, but not exactly fan-favorite stork subject matter, but I'm also glad that somebody unrelated to the usual suspects here stepped up to get it.

I think Eddie/Susannah will go for something decent...$650? $700?

I will see what Blaine looks like...if there's one with a chance for me to bid, it's that one.

tippy4
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
The remarque that ended today (stork-thing) is sold to a buyer I do not know.

Next up....Eddie & Susannah (later this week).

He's a member over at the Haunt - you shouldn't have any problems with the sale.

Oh I was not implying that I had concerns about the sale....just pointing out that he was not one of the usual suspects (as Rahfa called them above).

I asked where he had heard about the remarques, and he told me he first through Lilja, and then through Horror Mall (thanks for that Eric).

tippy4
08-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Still do not have the latest two remarques....I would think no later than tomorrow.

Patrick
08-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Congrats you and Ned on the stork-thing sale, and the buyer on the purchase. I really liked that one.

F1racefan
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Any idea of the value of one of the 2000 DT III Wastelands Portfolios signed by Dameron?

Randall Flagg
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Any idea of the value of one of the 2000 DT III Wastelands Portfolios signed by Dameron?
About $30 as it is still available from Donald M. Grant books.
Link (https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-portfolios.html)

F1racefan
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
About $30 as it is still available from Donald M. Grant books.
Link (https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-portfolios.html)

Thanks!:rock: Those are pretty cool and saw some on Ebay for $99. I think I will get a set.

Ricky
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Do yourself a favor and get one! One of my favorite SK purchases for sure. :)

tippy4
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
The next two remarques are here...and they're REALLY good!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2688/picture154q.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/picture154q.jpg/)

e_taylor
08-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Awesome!

Only the picture of the book itself is showing up in the listing right now though - no remarque photo.

EDIT - now I see the note in the listing, my bad!

tippy4
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Auction now has images.

This one will go up for sale after Eddie & Susannah.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3114/picture157q.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/i/picture157q.jpg/)

I am really impressed with both of these.

I just might be placing a bid on one of them myself!

tippy4
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
And they even have red eyes....

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3272/billandtill.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/i/billandtill.jpg/)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/377/billandtill2.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/i/billandtill2.jpg/)

Rahfa
08-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Seems like they're getting a little more elaborate as time goes on...

wizardsrainbow
08-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Very nice indeed! And as I am going to Maine on Monday, I will tell everyone that I have my snipe in place on the Eddie & Susannah one, cause I really want that one.

I got my preliminary drawings from Ned yesterday and a very nice testimonial which I will post hopefully before I leave in a couple days.

Patrick
08-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Those are great, tippy. Nice work yet again, Ned!

Wiz, looking forward to your story upon your return.

Fsmdr
08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Hmm...

I really like the last pictures. Btw...you can't bid on your own auction,Rick. Because I might just bid on it. :P

wizardsrainbow
08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Ah well, who needs sleep these days. Everyone else is in bed, so I might as well post these pics and story.

Ari posted some pics that Ned Dameron sent him of some preliminary work Ned did for Dark Tower III The Waste Lands. I was interested in purchasing the Roland and Susannah prelims, so I called Ned and we agreed on a sale price. Well, I sent a check and letter out last Friday and I don't think he had received it yet before he sent the goods to me FedEx on Monday. When I spoke to Ned, he yold me that these Roland prelims were based on Clint Eastwood and is infamous smirk/smile which Ned was trying to capyure. Donald Grant didn't much like the look, so Ned ended up redesigning Roland after seeing Chuck Connors in a movie. The Susannah sketches were in fact a prelim of the painting that actually made it into the book "Hold me still, Roland." Ned told me that Susannah was based on a Silver Springs schoolgirl that Ned saw getting on his bus one day. He was taken with her face and hairstyle, so he used it as his model of Susannah.

The sletches came encased in two pieces of thick foam core taped together. The sketches are taped securely inside and each sketch is covered in transparent parchment paper, which I have yet to remove (and I do not plan to at present). So you will have to be satisfied with my pics that are covered. Ned also sent me a letter/testimonial which I have included. I covered up his phone number, as he is kind of a private man and to respect that. So here are several pictures"

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Dameron_prelims_testimonial.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Wastelands_Prelims.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Susannah_Prelims.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Roland_Prelims.jpg

Patrick
08-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Great story, David, thanks for sharing. Congrats on adding these preliminary drawings to your collection.

jhanic
08-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Wow!

John

Ari_Racing
08-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Congratulations, David! :)

Ricky
08-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Ned told me that Susannah was based on a Silver Springs schoolgirl that Ned saw getting on his bus one day.

I found it interesting that all the work for DTIII was done in Silver Spring and Jake was modeled after one of his artist friend's son from Takoma Park. All very quite interesting, I thought.

Too bad he doesn't live here in MD anymore.

Anyway, as usual, I'm jealous of your new items. :P

Cutter
08-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for sharing and the story David, congrats!

tippy4
08-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Hmm...

I really like the last pictures. Btw...you can't bid on your own auction, Rick. Because I might just bid on it. :P

Yes, but I might just have someone bid for me :unsure:

Bill & Till are calling my name.......

Rahfa
08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't it be legitimate to commission an "artists edition" outside of the 21? For you persoanlly?

I get that you want to do that, and it does water down the 21 copies...but it's no different than the PC copies of unknown numbers that any publisher churns out...so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

In that vein, did you give any thought to seeing if King would sign one edition as version of a "lettered edition?" Or did you rule that idea out completely?

tippy4
08-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Wouldn't it be legitimate to commission an "artists edition" outside of the 21? For you persoanlly?

I get that you want to do that, and it does water down the 21 copies...but it's no different than the PC copies of unknown numbers that any publisher churns out...so I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I like the idea of owning one of the "21". Personally, I don't really like owning "PC" copies. I don't really have a reason why...I just don't.

I bought one of the DT7 remarques direct from MW, but sold it, and years later I am still kicking myself for it. Now I have a chance to get replace it. I figure, if Ned was selling these himself, I would be buying one, so the fact that I am selling them for him should not really make a difference.

In that vein, did you give any thought to seeing if King would sign one edition as version of a "lettered edition?" Or did you rule that idea out completely?

I kind of ruled out the idea as I don't think King would do it.

However, I am kicking around the idea of asking Ned to do one for next years Haven Foundation Fundraiser, and then contacting King's assistant to see if she can get King to sign it.

Maybe in a plume paperback or the Viking hardcover re-issue (I don't remember if Ned's illustrations were in the re-issue), so it does not "water down" the 21.

Randall Flagg
08-16-2009, 05:50 AM
However, I am kicking around the idea of asking Ned to do one for next years Haven Foundation Fundraiser, and then contacting King's assistant to see if she can get King to sign it.

Maybe in a plume paperback or the Viking hardcover re-issue (I don't remember if Ned's illustrations were in the re-issue), so it does not "water down" the 21.
Ned's art is inside the Viking re-issue. All but the cover, which is by Steve Stone. (Which reminds me to edit the Catalog to state that).

tippy4
08-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I am kicking around the idea of asking Ned to do one for next years Haven Foundation Fundraiser, and then contacting King's assistant to see if she can get King to sign it.

Ned's art is inside the Viking re-issue.
Thanks Jerome.

Sounds like the Viking re-issue will be the way to go.

Hopefully Ned and Steve will be agreeable to doing this.

Nerak
08-17-2009, 05:57 AM
That would be cool!

tippy4
08-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Tomas from stephenkingcollector is putting together a Dameron Remarque page much like he did with the Whelan Remarques.

David/Bob, if you could send him a good picture of the ones you bought, I would appreciate it. He says the larger the better. I sent him pics that were 8.5x11 and he said that was great.

Patrick
08-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I am kicking around the idea of asking Ned to do one for next years Haven Foundation Fundraiser, and then contacting King's assistant to see if she can get King to sign it.

Ned's art is inside the Viking re-issue.
Thanks Jerome.

Sounds like the Viking re-issue will be the way to go.

Hopefully Ned and Steve will be agreeable to doing this.
Wow, that would be fantastic!

(The hardcover would definitely be the way to go.)

Randall Flagg
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Tomas from stephenkingcollector is putting together a Dameron Remarque page much like he did with the Whelan Remarques.

David/Bob, if you could send him a good picture of the ones you bought, I would appreciate it. He says the larger the better. I sent him pics that were 8.5x11 and he said that was great.
Perhaps you should take high definition pictures before you sell them.:P

tippy4
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
In case you guys did not see the newsletter, Tomas @ stephenkingcollector.com has created a Dameron remarque page on his website.

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/dameron.html

Check it out!

Rahfa
08-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Was it a repeat winner of the Eddie/Susannah remarque?

e_taylor
08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Seeing as Wiz had a snipe and there was only one bid.... I'm going to say he is again the lucky winner.

Rahfa
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Haha...I forgot Wiz had said that about a snipe...cornering the market again!

wizardsrainbow
08-21-2009, 03:04 AM
:thumbsup: Guilty as charged! Nice I can be away on vacation and a snipe takes care of things for me. I was REALLY surprised to see that I was the only bidder. So, Bob and I alone bid on the Gunslinger, all the rest have been taken at one bid, and Bob and I own 3 of the 4 that have been sold.

While I like Bill and Till very much, I will not be bidding.

Sir_Boomme
08-21-2009, 07:00 AM
i'm biding my time.....

would it be possible to put a new link up here for each new auction?
for the lazy people who don't like to hunt?.... or the very busy people that are short on time?

i'm actually a subset of both those peoples.

Rahfa
08-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Just click on the Ebay link in Tippy's profile...basically where the US flag is in yours...it will show his active auctions.

tippy4
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Yup! Just click my ebay logo on the left.

Gasher should be up for auction in about two weeks.

Neds says it turned out really well!

If you have not checked out The Collector's page on these, you really should.

Stephen King Collector Dameron Remarque Page (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/dameron.html)

Click on the smaller pictures and it will enlarge them.

You can really see a lot of detail...you can even see Bill & Till's red eyes.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-24-2009, 02:15 AM
:thumbsup: Guilty as charged! Nice I can be away on vacation and a snipe takes care of things for me. I was REALLY surprised to see that I was the only bidder. So, Bob and I alone bid on the Gunslinger, all the rest have been taken at one bid, and Bob and I own 3 of the 4 that have been sold.

While I like Bill and Till very much, I will not be bidding.

Hopefully one more will be home to here. I'm not going to keep it a secret, I'm going after Bill and Till. :)

:couple: Wish me luck.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Patrick
08-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Good luck, Ralph!

tippy4
08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
BUMP

Bill & Till auction ends tomorrow.

Good luck to all!

wizardsrainbow
08-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Ending soon? Wizard sits on his hands for this one. <Cries>

Room 217 Caretaker
08-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Ending soon? Wizard sits on his hands for this one. <Cries>

I'm going for this one. If I win it, stay tuned for a list of books for sale in the other thread :wtf:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Ari_Racing
08-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Good luck, Mulleins! :)

tippy4
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Congrats Ralph.

I really like this one and was seriously considering bidding on it.

But you had told me you wanted it, and I know you missed out on OY as well.

Congrats again, it is really a nice piece.....my favorite to date.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Congrats Ralph.

I really like this one and was seriously considering bidding on it.

But you had told me you wanted it, and I know you missed out on OY as well.

Congrats again, it is really a nice piece.....my favorite to date.

Thanks Rick

:nana::nana::dance::dance::D

I'm very tickled.

Stay tuned to Collectible Classifieds Thread. I was serious about a clean out my closet sale. Posting a list tonight. 5% of all sales goes to Nerak's Breast Cancer Fundraiser and 5% of all sales goes to Foundation Fundraiser.

Stay tuned

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

jhanic
08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Congratulations, Ralph. I'm glad you got it!

John

Patrick
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Congrats, Ralph!

biomieg
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Ralph! A great acquisition!

Ari_Racing
08-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Congratulations, Ralph! :)

carlosdetweiller
08-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Congratulations, Ralph. I think that is the best one so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the others that are yet to come.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Thank you. I'm amazed of the detail just in the picture. Can't wait to see this up close.

Ralph Mulleins
Cumberland VA

wizardsrainbow
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey Ralph! Congrats on your win. Glad you got it for just the opening bid! Sweeeet.

tippy4
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
It is sooo nice!

The crow was my idea...Ned was going to draw a vulture, but I thought that was too grim...like it was waiting around for them to die! :P

turtlex
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
The added color makes all the difference, truly. Great piece.

tippy4
09-05-2009, 01:57 PM
:excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited:

I just got a box from Ned Dameron.......

You will pardon my language, but this one is un-f***ing-believable!

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2453/picture167s.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/picture167s.jpg/)

jhanic
09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
WOW!!

John

tippy4
09-05-2009, 02:34 PM
and......

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1911/picture168m.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/picture168m.jpg/)

Ari_Racing
09-05-2009, 02:40 PM
My God!!!!

INcredible remarques!!

Nerak
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
:thumbsup:

Cloysterpete
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
crikey! if those stay at $500 i'll be shocked. That first one is especially awesome!!!.

Randall Flagg
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Great Gasher art!!

e_taylor
09-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I can't imagine a scenario in which Terry doesn't jump on the Gasher to match his painting.

Sir_Boomme
09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
I can't imagine a scenario in which Terry doesn't jump on the Gasher to match his painting.

:evil:

Patrick
09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Holy cow! Those are fantastic. The Gasher remarque is amazing.

Room 217 Caretaker
09-06-2009, 04:44 AM
I can speak from experience here. The artwork is amazing up close and personal.

Bill & Till arrived safely and sits in a new happy home.

Good luck to those going after the other remarques.

Ned is truly an outstanding artist.

Ralph Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Nerak
09-06-2009, 04:51 AM

:evil:

:harrier: <--Gasher!

tippy4
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
You know, when Ned and I were working out the list of subjects for the remarques, I puposely left Gasher off of the list. Ever since I saw the original Dameron illustration, I was just grossed-out by him. I disliked him so much I did not want to see another picture of him.

Well, as the project began, we had a hard time coming up with 21 ideas (in truth we still do not have all 21 nailed down), so I said to Ned, "I think you should do a Gasher, but illustrate the scene in which Roland and Company first meet him....on the bridge to Lud". I am glad I did.

I am soooooo impressed with this remarque. I love the detail.....the city in the background..... the bridge.....the way he is pointing at the "grenado".

I am going to put the flying monsters (#VI) up for auction first, and then Gasher (#VII).

As of today, 1/3 of the remarques have been completed.

Talked to Ned yesterday, and the next four will be......

Shardik
Jake (a variation on the cover illo)
Roland shooting the mechanical bat
Shardik's helper robots

That leaves 10 to do still. Here is what we have planned/on the "idea-board"....

Blaine
The Gunslinger statue in Lud
Richard Fannin
Roland Carrying Susannah on his back
The Ka-tet around a campfire
The Crashed Focke Wulf
The Rose
The Dark Tower
?
?

Might have to do one of the Tick Tock Man as we are short on ideas (I kind of wanted to have the only TTM......but things change when you are out of ideas). Either Jake shooting him, or maybe Jake standing before him.....I dunno.

Rahfa
09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I continue to be grossed out by Gasher...haha...I'm really impressed by the skyline and bridge element.

The flying monsters are fun too!

I'm glad there's some positive control over these images, so they won't become the Lost Ark of the Whelan LSOE remarques...haha...

tippy4
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I am fairly certaion the Whelan LSOE remarques are a myth...not unlike Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Sure, some people claim to have seen them.....but they're usually crackpots.

:P

Just kidding David and Karen :huglove:

herbertwest
09-06-2009, 12:14 PM
really impressive remarques !

Patrick
09-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the update, tippy!

(And for the laugh, Rahfa.)

wizardsrainbow
09-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Hoo Boy! That Gasher is intense! Terry, PM your thoughts on Gasher please. I don't want to step on your toes here, but if you are not in the running, well....

As far as the Whelan LSOE remarques, what I can only guess is that when Michael told me he did 40-50, I am guessing that a very high percentage were actually Ka or "eye" symbols, not full fledged remarques. He may have somehow misinterpreted my question(s) although I though I was crystal clear in my asking. I haven't spoken to him in a couple months as he is deeply immersed in a couple of projects, but I talked to Audrey a couple days ago and I hope to see them in mid to late September.

tippy4
09-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Was wondering when we would be hearing from you David! I figured your "spidey-sense" must be tingling by now!

The Gasher remarque almost has a 3-D affect to it. Clearly Gasher is the focal point of the piece, and he has lot lot of bright and varied colors. The bridge and the city are done in drab monochromatic colors.

I know nothing about art, but this piece really blows me away.

Sir_Boomme
09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
yeah... i'm in the running.... but FYI, i'm always in the running in the very last minute.
be aware and expect a last second snipe bid from me. i usually put in one and only one bid in... my max bid...at the last second i can. don't expect me to show up :ninja: until then.

Nerak
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I am fairly certaion the Whelan LSOE remarques are a myth...not unlike Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Sure, some people claim to have seen them.....but they're usually crackpots.

:P

Just kidding David and Karen :huglove:

Wait, are you teling me that Nassie isn't real??????????? :beat:

tippy4
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
The auction for the "misshapen flying things" remarque is scheduled to start on Tuesday 09/07/09 at 11 AM PST. Click my ebay link to the left to see the auction (visible only after the action starts).

Gasher goes up for sale one week later.

Matt
09-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I am really glad this is going so well Tippy. I hate to ask but I hope you would refrain from asking King to sign a book for the fundraiser. I like to reserve that privilege and I don't want him to be overwhelmed with requests. He specifically signs the Grand Prize as tradition for our fund raiser. :couple:

Obvioulsy other King sigs are given away but just not one that was done specifically for it and I would hate for him to think the site was asking too much.

I would absolutely love it if one of these was donated though, it would be an amazing prize.

tippy4
09-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Your fundraiser Matt, so I will definitely abide by your request.

Matt
09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks! :D

So any chance on the fundraiser getting one though? :lol:

wizardsrainbow
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Terry-

I am sure your snipe would be higher than I would be willing to go. I think this one will attract several bids...shocked if it does not.

tippy4
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
The flying monsters remarque auction is now live.

Click my ebay link to the left to check it out.....

wizardsrainbow
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Good luck. Hope someone here gets it.

tippy4
09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Bump!

The "misshapen flying things" remarque#6 ends tomorrow.

You know Wiz, it occurs to me that you own #2 and #4.

I see a pattern.

#6 is calling your name. :P

tippy4
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Remarque # VII (Gasher) is now up for auction.

Click my ebay link on the left to see my items.

Sir_Boomme
09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
:ninja: tis on my watch list

Patrick
09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Sweet Gasher! This auction ought to be interesting.

tippy, did the flying monsters sell, or will that go back up for sale later?

tippy4
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
It was the first one not to sell, and it will be re-listed once all 21 have been offered.

tippy4
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Tomas over at Stephen King Collector (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com) has just posted Gasher on the Dameron Remarque Page (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/dameron.html).

Check it out, and make sure you click on the thumbnails to see the enlarged pictures.

tippy4
10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
BUMP

One day to go n the Gasher remarque.

wizardsrainbow
10-01-2009, 08:24 AM
BUMP

Yup, that's my bid in there now (and it is for MORE than $500).

Sir_Boomme
10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
BUMP

Yup, that's my bid in there now (and it is for MORE than $500).

how much more? :ninja: ha ha

tippy4
10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
As of this minute, there have been exactly 200 page views with 25 people who have added it to their "watch list".

This is going to be interesting.......

jhanic
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm one of the 25. I don't plan on bidding (I've spent too much recently) but I AM curious about how much it's going to go for.

Best of luck, Wizard!

John

Rahfa
10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm rooting for Terry on this one...haha...it is a great one, def. the best one so far....worth a bidding war between forum friends...haha..

What's coming after this one? Are you keeping it a secret till the auction ends or is the next one not completed yet?

wizardsrainbow
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm rooting for Terry too! My bid will be eclipsed. Shocked if it is not.

boq
10-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow! Only became aware of these Dameron pieces yesterday. Those are some beautiful pieces of work... well done to all you guy's who've purchased one (or two ;) ).
I am also one of Gasher's 25 watchers:ninja:

Tippy 4 - where's the best place to find information on this little project?
I know Ned won't be taking "requests", but who's been suggesting and deciding on the remarque subjects?

Randall Flagg
10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
where's the best place to find information on this little project?
I know Ned won't be taking "requests", but who's been suggesting and deciding on the remarque subjects?
This thread contains the information. Tippy has described it well. Start on page 1 and check the evolution of the project.
It certainly is remarkable.:excited:

Eric719691
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Just wondering how long these auctions will l go out to. I am leaving for sea early next week and will only be inport for 4 days before Christmas. Will the last couple still be available until that point or am I going to miss out on these completely?

Randall Flagg
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Just wondering how long these auctions will l go out to. I am leaving for sea early next week and will only be inport for 4 days before Christmas. Will the last couple still be available until that point or am I going to miss out on these completely?
The best answer will come from the source.:rose:
.............Tippy4?
Where are you?:orely:

boq
10-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks Randall:)
Haven't been around in a while and it's taking a little time to catch up with all the news.
I keep picturing a remarque of the mutant bees from The Waste Lands.
Gotta go to work now...:doh:

tippy4
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm rooting for Terry on this one...haha...it is a great one, def. the best one so far....worth a bidding war between forum friends...haha..

What's coming after this one? Are you keeping it a secret till the auction ends or is the next one not completed yet?

Spoke to Ned earlier int he week, and he has one done, and is working on another.

The one that is done is Roland shooting the mechanical bat out of the air.

He is working on Shardik.

I think he said he would wait until Shardik was done, and then send them both to me.

tippy4
10-02-2009, 08:08 AM

There are going to be 21 of these offered at a rate of 2-3 per month.

The one currently on auction is #7, so we have fourteen to go. I would guess that they will have all been listed by February 2010.

Wow! Only became aware of these Dameron pieces yesterday. Those are some beautiful pieces of work... well done to all you guy's who've purchased one (or two ;) ).

Ned and I have been working together on the subject matter.

7 have been done....here is what is currently on the "idea board".....
Roland shooting the mechanical bat DONE
Shardik IN PROCESS
Shardik's helper robots
Blaine
Richard Fannin
The Crashed Focke Wulf
The Rose
The Dark Tower
?
?

boq
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I like the sound of the Ka-tet around a campfire. Thinking about it, I don't think there are many illustrations of the entire Ka-tet together in any of the volumes. There's the one in VII by Michael Whelan with them gathered together around Suzie's Cruisin' Trike. Any others?
Shardik's helpers and Roland shooting the bat sound great too. I always had a soft spot for those little robot guys.

Now I'm picturing the ice sculpture in Blaine. Or Suze at the barrier in The Cradle of Lud working out Blaine's riddle. Or the part where a ramp to the lower levels reveals itself in the Cradle and Roland, Jake and Oy are reunited with Eddie and Suze.

Rahfa
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm about to start re-reading the entire series (I re-read the original Stand and had forgotten just how good old-school SK was), so when I get to DT III, maybe I'll have some good ideas...

I can assure I'd be extrememly motivated to bid on a remarque I had some background in creating...haha...

Randall Flagg
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I am confused as to why Ned would repeat images that were either done by himself, or others. Certainly they will be a one of a kind piece, but The Waste Lands has some very interesting images that Ned could create a one of a kind remarque from.
The crashed Folke Wolf (why not an angle showing either Roland or the entire Ka-Tet gazing at the plane?) strikes me as a fabulous possibility.
I could be wrong but potential buyers seem to be more interested in remarques that clearly show one, some, or all of the Ka-Tet, (or an image of a character-Gasher, Fannin, The Tick Tock Man etc.), rather than an image with the "monsters".
I still love the project, and wish I had the necessary $500-$2,000+ to buy one.

Gunkslinger
10-02-2009, 04:21 PM
So who won the auction?????

Rahfa
10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I am confused as to why Ned would repeat images that were either done by himself, or others. Certainly they will be a one of a kind piece, but The Waste Lands has some very interesting images that Ned could create a one of a kind remarque from.
The crashed Folke Wolf (why not an angle showing either Roland or the entire Ka-Tet gazing at the plane?) strikes me as a fabulous possibility.
I could be wrong but potential buyers seem to be more interested in remarques that clearly show one, some, or all of the Ka-Tet, (or an image of a character-Gasher, Fannin, The Tick Tock Man etc.), rather than an image with the "monsters".

I agree with that...an alternate view of the same piece is okay, but there's a lot of imagery that hasn't been even slightly touched on.

jhanic
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a feeling that our Sir_Boomme won it. Terry, am I right?

John

Eric719691
10-02-2009, 05:45 PM

There are going to be 21 of these offered at a rate of 2-3 per month.

The one currently on auction is #7, so we have fourteen to go. I would guess that they will have all been listed by February 2010.

Ned and I have been working together on the subject matter.

7 have been done....here is what is currently on the "idea board".....
Roland shooting the mechanical bat DONE
Shardik IN PROCESS
Shardik's helper robots
Blaine
Richard Fannin
The Crashed Focke Wulf
The Rose
The Dark Tower
?
?

tippy4, thanks for the information. At least I will have the chance to bid on a few of these once I return.

wizardsrainbow
10-02-2009, 06:33 PM

John

I was the bidder at $725. I cannot believe there was only one other bid. One? Come on people! Hope it was Terry....really hope so.

Patrick
10-02-2009, 10:57 PM

John

I was the bidder at $725. I cannot believe there was only one other bid. One? Come on people! Hope it was Terry....really hope so.
It had to be. He said he would place a single bid near the end of the auction. I wonder how high he was willing to go...

I may be going out on a limb here, but:

Congratulations, Terry! :thumbsup:

biomieg
10-03-2009, 02:25 AM

John

It had to be. He said he would place a single bid near the end of the auction. I wonder how high he was willing to go...

I may be going out on a limb here, but:

Congratulations, Terry! :thumbsup:

I think it was Terry. I was watching the auction just for fun ;) By the way, I had expected both Wiz and Sir_Boomme to go for last-second bids (snipes) but I think both bids were on there for some time already... so no fireworks in the last seconds (which I - admittedly - kind of expected and hoped for)!

wizardsrainbow
10-03-2009, 03:25 AM
And I was not going to bid at all, just stand aside and let others have a go at a fabulous remarque. BUT, if I had not bid, it would have gone on 1 bid, 1 bid at the minimum $500! That's insane. Goes to show, I don't care if 1,000 people are watching, it's who bids if at all.

I feel bad for Ned and Tippy that these are not getting more "respect." Sure, they are selling (6 of 7 so far), but at lower prices than I expected.

Matt
10-03-2009, 04:49 AM
I sure as hell wish I could own one but they are simply too rich for my blood even at the minimum. :cry:

Brice
10-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Yeah, right now I ain't got the money to spend on them. I'd love to though.

e_taylor
10-03-2009, 05:37 AM
I feel bad for Ned and Tippy that these are not getting more "respect." Sure, they are selling (6 of 7 so far), but at lower prices than I expected.

I think part of the problem might be the auction format and eBay in general. Not everyone has $500 of disposable income, and may be willing to pay say $800 for one of these, but won't have time to save for it because its a one week auction. I have no doubt all 21 will sell in this venue, but the average price will probably be only between the $500 list price and $550.

If there was a simple website devoted to the project, where all the remarques were listed at $1K (not unreasonable for some with beloved characters) and then the site was promoted in an auction on eBay, and posts on a while bunch of message boards; I think they'd be selling at the $1K without problem.

Just my 2 cents, and certainly not a knock on Rick and Ned - in the forum they've been operating in I think they've done quite well. And, we should keep in mind that if they weren't okay with potentially only $500 per remarque, then the minimum bid would be higher.

Rahfa
10-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I agree with above...if you leave it to the vagaries of ebay, you take what you get. But it also doesn't require the investment in a seperate website and marketing.

There's no problem with $500...they aren't signed by SK, art is a very niche market, and like I've said before, if you're buying as a potential investment for the future, than $500 gives you some flexibilitly to resell at $600-$700 a couple years down the road. And the Gasher one was probably the best so far.

However...since there are only three people who've stepped up to by one, it does show how limited the market is. But that's the way it is.

This will sound kind of odd - and Tippy might not like the concept - but if Wiz bid on none of them, and a few went unsold through the first cycle of auctions, I don't think that would be a bad thing for the project...people would see them twice, remember how cool they are, then maybe bid when they had a second chance.

If the bidding had begun at $300, and finished at $500, we'd all be talking about how there was a lot of interest...but because it began and ended at about the same price, it seems sort of flat...but in a tough economy, there have been, what? $2500 worth of sales? That's not bad at all.

Sir_Boomme
10-03-2009, 07:03 AM
hey guys.... sorry for not posting earlier, between my regular job and DJing a school dance.... i worked straight through from 3 am yesterday mornng until 12 midnight last night. that's why i put my bid in early rather than a snipe. because of having to bid early, i didn't figure i was going to win this one.... but yeehaa i did. not saying exactly.... but my bid was above a thousand.

good thing about it... i made enough money yesterday to more than pay for it.
gotta work all weekend too...good thing i still get paid hourly and get overtime pay.

right now, gonna sit on my electric back message cushion and put a cold wet towel on my burnng eyes..... and get me a cup of strong coffee.

tippy4
10-03-2009, 08:09 AM
BUT, if I had not bid, it would have gone on 1 bid, 1 bid at the minimum $500! That's insane. Goes to show, I don't care if 1,000 people are watching, it's who bids if at all.

Had you not bid, it would not have sold for $500. I know this because I requested this remarque as a birthday present from my wife. However, when she went to bid, the two bids had already been placed and the current bid price exceeded what she was willing to pay.

It is very possible that there were others in this same boat....prepared to place a bid for $550 or $600 at the last minute....but when they went to place their bid it was over their budget.

Congrats Terry....you won a really nice piece!

Nerak
10-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats Terry! It's a beautiful piece!!!

jhanic
10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Congratulations, Terry. I'm glad you got it to go with the Gasher painting you already have!

John

Randall Flagg
10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Glad it is in "the family". Congrats to Terry and Tippy4.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-03-2009, 10:52 AM

I agree with that...an alternate view of the same piece is okay, but there's a lot of imagery that hasn't been even slightly touched on.

I agree on the comment "there's a lot of imagery that hasn't been even slightly touched on".

Have you ever seen these twins in a painting or portfolio? I haven't. Ned captured my imagination in a way it's hard to understand. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember ever seeing them until now.

Am I wrong?

It also seems to me something not yet seen makes it unique. Just me thinking

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/medium/Twins.PNG

mulleins
Cumberland VA

Gunkslinger
10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I find it curious that the market for these remarques have been wholly within this community.

There doesn't seem to be a demand for them outside of this group.

I'm interested to see how the other auctions play.

tippy4
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I am not surprised by this at all (although the stork-thing remarque did not sell to somone on these boards as far as I know).

1. This site is a "gathering place" for King/Dark Tower collectors.

2. The project has been mostly promoted on this site.

Likewise, 70% of the "19" Whelan DT7 remarques are owned by members here.

According to the "Remarkable Remaques" thread.....

#1 Wizard
#2 Wizard
#3 ??
#4 Pasiuk57
#5 Wizard
#6 Wizard
#7 Wizard
#8 Wizard
#9 ??
#10 Wizard
#11 Wizard
#12 Wizard
#13 AirTraffic
#14 ??
#15 Oy-the-brave
#16 ??
#17 King of Sunset Town (TDT.net)
#18 Wizard
#19 ??
#20 Carlosdetweiller
#21 Wizard
#22 ??
#23 ??

Matt
10-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Very true which is exactly what I wanted for the place when it was born. It is this kind of promotion and networking that keeps our site very much alive.

I'm really glad it is going so well Tippy.

Fsmdr
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I agree as well that most of the remarque collectors are right here. Although it has received more attention in the last year. There's been many offerings since Whelan remarqued the Dark Tower Books; the Colorado Kid set, The Song Of Susannah books, The Waste Lands books and now the Desperation books, to name a few.

I for one loves the remarques. A little piece of original art in a book.

Rahfa
10-03-2009, 03:06 PM
If a seller can make $10K gross sales - which would be the minimum sales for all 21 Dameron remarques - in a lousy collecting market, and not spend any money on overhead or advertising beyond listing fees, etc., they're doing fine.

Patrick
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
If a seller can make $10K gross sales - which would be the minimum sales for all 21 Dameron remarques - in a lousy collecting market, and not spend any money on overhead or advertising beyond listing fees, etc., they're doing fine.I would think the other primary costs in these offerings would be all those pristine 1st edition books, dustjackets and whatever value you place on your time (both the artist and the person doing the rest of the legwork).

Rahfa
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Well...yeah, there's that...haha...but I don't put any value on the time - that's a given. You don't earn money standing around.

Patrick
10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
True. It's more of an opportunity cost kind of thing (time that could have been spent with the kids, the significant other, the online gambling, etc.)

tippy4
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Well...yeah, there's that...haha...but I don't put any value on the time - that's a given. You don't earn money standing around.

Time is money...and for an artist who has other projects going on at the same time, you have to factor that in.

True. It's more of an opportunity cost kind of thing (time that could have been spent with the kids, the significant other, the online gambling, etc.)

CRINGE. I just had a flashback to my ECON 101 days!

Patrick
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM
:rofl:

Rahfa
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM

Time is money...and for an artist who has other projects going on at the same time, you have to factor that in.

Right, of course...but it's not a cost you're actually laying out....the books themselves are the only true physical cost...the time and effort spent are just that - time and effort, not reaching into your pocket for cash.

tippy4
10-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Earlier this week I received the limitation cards from Ned that will be included with the remarqued books. They were sized so they would fit inside of the book.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/193/picture187v.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/i/picture187v.jpg/)

I will be mailing these cards out to those who have already purchased remarqued books.

Nerak
10-10-2009, 10:45 AM
NICE!

Sir_Boomme
10-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Earlier this week I received the limitation cards from Ned that will be included with the remarqued books.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/193/picture187v.jpg (http://img82.imageshack.us/i/picture187v.jpg/)

I will be mailing these cards out to those who have already purchased remarqued books.

oooooh... that means me!
saweeeeeeeeet!
<= :rock: happy dancin'

Ari_Racing
10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeap. Very nice!

tippy4
10-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Look what I got today......

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9751/picture195h.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/i/picture195h.jpg/)

Ari_Racing
10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
HOLY SHIT!

Fsmdr
10-10-2009, 01:27 PM
That is one gorgeous remarque, Rick!. Truly impressive. Love the cards too. Very nice touch.

tippy4
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
And.....

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/752/picture193.jpg (http://img61.imageshack.us/i/picture193.jpg/)

Click this link (http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6921/picture194g.jpg) to see a close-up of the mechanical bat.

gsvec
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
WOW.

turtlex
10-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Holy smokes that Shardik is amazing!

Sam
10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
:drool: Wants the precious!!

Randall Flagg
10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Never did enjoy the bear with a rotating dish atop. King described what seemed to be futuristic, but even at the time of publication was silly.

tippy4
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah...I know what you mean....that thing would have been knocked off years ago with it living in a forest.

Patrick
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Dish Network aside, that remarque is fantastic!

The other one is great too, of course.

Rick, did Ned sign each limitation card individually? Those are very nice cards. Great touch.

tippy4
10-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Yup....each is hand signed and numbered by Ned.

Rahfa
10-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Never did enjoy the bear with a rotating dish atop. King described what seemed to be futuristic, but even at the time of publication was silly.

Agreed...good job of putting the emphasis on the forest, etc., and a little less on the goofy dome.

I like how Dameron is starting to use the entire two-page spread.

tippy4
10-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I do too....

Shardik (#VIII) goes on auction tomorrow at 11:00 am PST (10 day auction).

Ned is currently working on the remarque of the 60' Gunslinger Statue that sits atop the Cradle of Lud.

Sam
10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Tippy, if you still need ideas for the remarques, I just thought of one: The Cradle of Lud or just the city itself (though that was well represented in the Gasher picture). Cort riddling for the goose is another idea that just occured to me.

Sam
10-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I am definitely going to bid on the Shardik. Don't know if I'll win it, but I will definitely be bidding on it.

Anybody interested in some books for sale?

wizardsrainbow
10-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Oh boy, I do like those two remarques, and the authentication card by Ned is great too.

Sam
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
They are great aren't they.

Dr. Dawg
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I think that Shardik is my favorite so far...

Sam
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Ok, it's up. So who's bidding on it?

wizardsrainbow
10-13-2009, 06:02 AM

I am for sure.

Sam
10-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Back off Dave.:shoot:
:)

tippy4
10-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I think that David and Sam are not going to be the only bidders on this one......it is just so damn good!

My favorite so far!

p.s. David, I sent out your limitation card today. Everyone else's will go out this week too.

Sam
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I do believe my pittance of a bid will be blown out of the water.:arg:

We shall see though, and may the highest bid win.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
and may the highest bid win.

Bet it does :)

Sam
10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
and may the highest bid win.

Bet it does :)

I'm certain of it.

Brice
10-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Yes, I'd say that's pretty likely. :lol:

Nerak
10-16-2009, 05:21 AM
HOLY CRAP! That's wicked!!!

tippy4
10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Just a reminder, that the auction for Shardik ends tomorrow.

Click my ebay link to the left.....

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9751/picture195h.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/i/picture195h.jpg/)

Patrick
10-20-2009, 07:59 PM
:drool: Truly a work of art.

tippy4
10-21-2009, 05:08 AM
Agreed.....my favorite to date (but I say that just about every time I get a new one)!

This is exactly what I thought of when I read the book. An enraged bear coming at Eddie. Throwing trees out of the way to get at him.

I really like how Shardik is coming at you.

tippy4
10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Well, this one is a record!

It got more bids than the previous six combined.

Final price....$810.

Congrats to the winner!

Fsmdr
10-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I think I know who the buyer is...:orely:

No, it's not me. Congrats to Rick and the buyer.

Patrick
10-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Congrats, Ned, Rick and the unknown buyer. Is that the highest sales price so far?

tippy4
10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Yup. This one has the record high price.

Also, there were six diferent bidders on this one, including one bidder from the UK.

Rahfa
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice....so weak market or not, there are still buyers for unique, interesting items that bring something new to the table.

Patrick
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
It's the first one that I bid on. (Not that I won, dang it.)

tippy4
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I thought that was you!

Next one goes on auction Friday morning!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-22-2009, 04:18 AM

I am for sure.

Congratulations David. (I wonder if you know you have won it yet?)

wizardsrainbow
10-22-2009, 06:52 AM
I do know, but not until this morning though when I checked my e-mail and say the invoice from Rick. I was on the road yesterday when the auction ended and got home too late last night and was too tired to check until this morning. My snipe was in at $823, so I squeeked this one out. I am likely to sit the next few out though. With no job, I've spent far too much lately.

turtlex
10-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Hey, congratulations, David. It's an awesome remarque. Just so impressive.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I do know, but not until this morning though when I checked my e-mail and say the invoice from Rick. I was on the road yesterday when the auction ended and got home too late last night and was too tired to check until this morning. My snipe was in at $823, so I squeeked this one out. I am likely to sit the next few out though. With no job, I've spent far too much lately.

Congrats David

:clap: Yard Sale at Davids house this weekend

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Nerak
10-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I'll be at THAT yard sale! :drool:

turtlex
10-22-2009, 07:28 AM

Congrats David

:clap: Yard Sale at Davids house this weekend

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I'll be at THAT yard sale! :drool:

Road Trip !!

tippy4
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Ned says thank you David, and I let him know you were the winner on Karen's fundraiser as well.

wizardsrainbow
10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Ned says thank you David, and I let him know you were the winner on Karen's fundraiser as well.

Thanks a lot!

Patrick
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Congrats, Dave!

So does anyone care to post a list of the auctions thus far? Their winners (if known) and final price, that sort of stuff.

tippy4
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
My snipe was in at $823, so I squeeked this one out. I am likely to sit the next few out though. With no job, I've spent far too much lately.

Oh man, I am not going to tell the underbidder that! He is the guy from the UK I mentioned above, and he has been emailing me about these remarques, and he REALLY wanted Shardik.

I let him know that David would be sitting out the next few, so he might get one yet!:P

So does anyone care to post a list of the auctions thus far? Their winners (if known) and final price, that sort of stuff.

It occurs to me that David owns all of the even-numbered remarques that have sold.

I. The Gunslinger (Bob)
II. Oy (David)
III. Stork Thing (non DTCOM member)
IV. Eddie & Susannah (David)
V. Bill & Till (Ralph)
VI. Flying Things (unsold)
VII. Gasher (Terry)
VIII. Shardik (David)

Now, I know this makes no sense, but the next one up will be numbered XVII.

Patrick
10-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Looks like David better buy VI to keep his pattern intact!

Rick, is the next one XVII because he skipped to the back of the book and wants to keep the earlier numbers free? Or is it simply random?

tippy4
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
He accidentally numbered it VII, and there already was a VII.

So a quick fix was to add a "X" and make it XVII.

jhanic
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
:thumbsup:

Makes sense!

John

tippy4
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Just a bump....

The current remarqued DT3 ends Monday morning.

Roland Shooting The Mechanical Bat (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290362317214)

boq
11-01-2009, 01:21 AM
That's so strange!

I've been waiting to see when you'd get around to listing this one. In my own ebay summary the Shardik remarqued book auction is listed as ended, so I've been using the 'tippy4' link to take me to the 'eBay My World: tippy4' page, then clicking on the 'Items for sale' link, which informs me 'Your search returned 0 items'.
:(
It's still doing this right now, even though when I click on the link you've provided above the auction suddenly exists.
Am I doing something fundamentally wrong with eBay?

Anyway, although I'm very fond of this remarque it's not the one I really want... I'm holding out for the 'around the campfire' one or something involving more of the ka-tet, rather than just Roland on his own, and am hoping you'll allow my bid from the UK.

Thanks in advance for any eBay advice.

Hmmm... maybe it's because I'm using eBay UK?

boq
11-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Just checked... yep; eBay.co.uk says you've nothing for sale even though I've directly accessed your 'eBay My World' page.
I live and learn.
Anyway, continued best of luck with your auctions tippy:)

tippy4
11-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks bog, and yes, I will be happy to take your bid from the UK as long as you cover the shipping.

The next four are going to be.....

The Gunslinger Statue atop The Cradle of Lud (should be done in a day or two)
Shardik's Helper Robots
Jake and The House Monster
The Dark Tower

Ari_Racing
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Well...Jake and the House monster is a scene I'm looking forward to see. Plaster Man is one of my favorite DT illustrations ever and I'm really anxious to see Ned's new remarque. :)

wizardsrainbow
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
OK, who got Roland and the bat? I bid $544 at the last minute and was edged out. Congrats to the winner. I am a sucker for Roland and Bob beat me on the first remarque!

Sam
11-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I won the auction David.

I would consider a trade if you're interested. Roland and the Bat for the Shardik? :P

wizardsrainbow
11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I won the auction David.

I would consider a trade if you're interested. Roland and the Bat for the Shardik? :P

Hey Sam!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so pleased you got it. A real treasure!

Ari_Racing
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Congratulations, Sam!! :)

tippy4
11-02-2009, 05:40 PM
OK, who got Roland and the bat? I bid $544.44 at the last minute and was edged out. Congrats to the winner. I am a sucker for Roland and Bob beat me on the first remarque!

Edged out is right.....you were $5.67 away from stealing this one David. :doh:

Sam
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Um, David, psst, I wasn't really joking about that trade thing. I'd certainly trade you the one for the other... if you want to that is.

gsvec
11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Congrats on your new acquisition, Sam! :D

Patrick
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Congrats, Sam!

Sam
11-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Y'all, thanks. I was REALLY surprised to win this one. I hadn't even planned on bidding, but couldn't stand to see another of these go without any action. I probably shouldn't have bid on it anyway (long story that I'm not going into here), but I did. The work itself is really well done and I look forward to adding it to my collection.

This is now the most expensive part of my collection believe it or not. Not the jewel, but really close to it.

Fsmdr
11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice purchase, Sam. It's a really lovely remarque. I'm curious since you mentioned it, what your 'crown jewel' is?.

Sam
11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
My signed Just After Sunset. It's just a flatsigned 1st edition, but the event where it was signed was the first (and so far only) time I got to actually meet and speak with Sai King. That was a life long dream of mine that was finally realized. The book is my memento along with a photo that my wife and I have of us with him. That's what makes it my Crown Jewel.

Fsmdr
11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
My signed Just After Sunset. It's just a flatsigned 1st edition, but the event where it was signed was the first (and so far only) time I got to actually meet and speak with Sai King. That was a life long dream of mine that was finally realized. The book is my memento along with a photo that my wife and I have of us with him. That's what makes it my Crown Jewel.

Makes a lot of sense, Sam. It would be mine too if that's the case.

tippy4
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Got a new remarque from Ned today.....

The Gunslinger Statue on the Cradle of Lud.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7353/picture209d.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/picture209d.jpg/)

turtlex
11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh, that's is beautiful !!!

Rahfa
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Great one! Keeps getting better!

tippy4
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Reminds me a little of the final scene in Planet of the Apes where Charlton Heston finds the Statue of Liberty.

Damn you all to Hell!

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3532/300pxstatueoflibertyinp.jpg (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/300pxstatueoflibertyinp.jpg/)

Randall Flagg
11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Perhaps the most stunning of all.
David, I hope 1K plus is in your budget.:ninja:

Sam
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
It looks like an Olympic runner right after winning the final, hard fought race just before they hit their knees.

Very nice work!!!

Patrick
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Love it!

tippy, you better spoilerize your post so you don't ruin that movie for the kids. :P

Ari_Racing
11-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Well...it makes me remember of the videogame God of War 2 :)

wizardsrainbow
11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Ned keeps impressing me EVERY time! That one is very nice. It looks like the Gunslinger is perched on top of Grand Central Station. That is an eerily accurate depiction as you look at Grand Central from Park Avenue at about 40th Street.

tippy4
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
The Gunslinger Statue Remarque (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Dark-Tower-Waste-Lands-with-Remarque_W0QQitemZ290367853981QQcmdZViewItemQQptZA ntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item439b45d59d) is now on auction.

wizardsrainbow
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Uhm, I just realized that this Roland looks a lot like Collie the State Trooper in Desperation. Now I can't get that out of my mind. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Randall Flagg
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
It is a gorgeous piece. I'm already envious of the buyer (David..?):)

tippy4
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Tomas over at Stephen King Collector has updated the Dameron Remarque Page (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/galleries/dameron.html).

Mosey on over and check it out.

Sam
11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Uhm, I just realized that this Roland looks a lot like Collie the State Trooper in Desperation. Now I can't get that out of my mind. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Odd that you say that David, since that isn't Roland depicted in the statue. It's just a Gunslinger, much like a statue of a knight in armor isn't of a specific knight but is just a knight.

tippy4
11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
The Gunslinger Statue Remarque sold today.

$554.

Three bids.

Next up, Shardik's Robots.

Sam
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
So who won it??

tippy4
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't think she is a member of these boards. She contacted me right as The Gunslinger & The Bat Remarque auction was ending and had a lot of questions about them...so she either learned of them via ebay, The Collector, or Liljas Library.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think she is a member of these boards.

She cannot be a member here as she dared to outbid our David!

tippy4
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Actually, she bid first...David tried to outbid her!

Patrick
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Rick, anyone who beats David at a remarque auction must be a serious collector. I hope you take this opportunity to recruit her for TDT.com. ;)

Sam
11-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow. I do believe Patrick just called me a "serious collector". :blush:

Patrick
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Damn straight, mister! :cowboy:

wizardsrainbow
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah, got outbid, but that's ok. It wasn't one of my favorites.

Sam
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Any ideas on when the next one will go up Rick?

Oh, and when will we see some more remarque pics?

tippy4
11-18-2009, 09:58 PM
"Shardik's Robots" in in transit to me now.....

tippy4
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Got a box from Ned today :excited::excited::excited:

Shardik's Robots

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3844/picture226r.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/i/picture226r.jpg/)

Click THIS LINK (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5598/picture226f.jpg) to see a super sized image.

tippy4
11-24-2009, 05:10 PM
The Plaster Man

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5255/picture227m.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/picture227m.jpg/)

Click THIS LINK (http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3697/picture227g.jpg) to see a super sized image.

Dr. Dawg
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
The Plaster Man is amazing... if only I had a few hundred dollars to spare!

tippy4
11-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't stop coming back to this thread to look at these two remarques.

I really like both of these!

Ned is currently working on #XII The Dark Tower.

Ari_Racing
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
The plaster man is the best one so far! :)

Sam
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
The Plaster Man is really good. Remember guys, Christmas is coming up. Talk to your wives and girlfriends.

Rahfa
11-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Plaster Man IS really good...but it's sort of a re-do of the cover...I would have liked to see a different take on it. Can't argue with the quality, though....

Helper Robots is a lot of fun, though...good way to bring to life some minor characters.

gsvec
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
The Plaster Man is really good. Remember guys, Christmas is coming up. Talk to your wives and girlfriends.
Or husbands and boyfriends . . . or parents or siblings . . . or really good friends! :P

Sam
11-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Gretchen,I love my friends. I love some more than others. But I don't love any of them THAT much.:P

gsvec
11-24-2009, 08:47 PM
But do they love YOU that much maybe? :huglove:

Sam
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure the answer's "No" on that one.:lol:

tippy4
11-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Plaster Man IS really good...but it's sort of a re-do of the cover...I would have liked to see a different take on it. Can't argue with the quality, though....

I like this drawing better than the original cover.

The cover illusitration has always been one of my least favorites in the Waste Lands....it seemed like it was going for an M.C. Ecsher effect....but I just did not care for it too much.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Talk to your wives and girlfriends.

But NOT at the same time!

Tito_Villa
11-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Just wow, but i still think im going to wait to see what the Dark Tower remarque looks like!