PDA

View Full Version : Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Merlin1958
03-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Bottom line, this is a New York Yankee thread, IMHO Nothing but, Yanks but that is just one man's opinion.

I agree, I just think that discussing certain teams in our division is fair play. Why shouldn't we be discussing how good we think the Red Sox will be this year? Do you guys think they are going to bounce back? I for one think their pitching is pretty suspect. I think guys like Porcello are going to struggle at Fenway.

Perhaps I mis-spoke a bit. I guess what I was trying to get across is that this thread is for "Yankee Fans" exclusively. IMHO Of course we should discuss the other teams in the division, just from a "Yankee" perspective. The "Field of Dreams" thread is for all things baseball. This is for the Yanks. Make sense or am I out of line? If so, please correct me I can be as wrong as the next guy at times.

Merlin1958
03-05-2015, 07:59 PM
A-Roid got a hit!!!

CRinVA
03-06-2015, 07:02 AM
A-Roid got a hit!!!

Yes he did, but it didn't look pretty getting there. His first two swings and misses were pretty ugly!

Merlin1958
03-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Yanks, looking good this spring!!!

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/113399714/brian-mccann-stephen-drew-dingers-lead-onslaught-behind-sharp-masahiro-tanaka-in-yankees-win

Mods, we need a thread title change, ASAP!!! LOL

CRinVA
03-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Tanaka looking great as well as Pinieda and Eovaldi. Sabathia only has one start and gave up a couple runs but his velocity was up. Id say it was a good outing.

Headley looking really good! Teixeira goes oppo field hr - that's a good sign! McCann crushed the ball! Ellsbury sidelined a week - hopefully only a week! Gregorius looking pretty dam good on Defence!

Still Servant
03-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Tanaka looking great as well as Pinieda and Eovaldi. Sabathia only has one start and gave up a couple runs but his velocity was up. Id say it was a good outing.

Headley looking really good! Teixeira goes oppo field hr - that's a good sign! McCann crushed the ball! Ellsbury sidelined a week - hopefully only a week! Gregorius looking pretty dam good on Defence!

I hate to be a downer, but the Ellsbury injury has me really worried. Obliques can be really tricky. They tend to linger all year.

It's good that Drew is starting to hit. He's going to be under a lot of pressure from the fans to hit, especially with Pirella and Refsnyder knocking on the door.

allasorte
03-28-2015, 07:43 AM

I hate to be a downer, but the Ellsbury injury has me really worried. Obliques can be really tricky. They tend to linger all year.

It's good that Drew is starting to hit. He's going to be under a lot of pressure from the fans to hit, especially with Pirella and Refsnyder knocking on the door.

I feel the Yankees have a lot of worries so I'm guessing I'm more of a downer. Elsbury was a question mark signing as he has had an injury history when they signed him. CC Sabathia is over 300 pounds again from what I have read. There are reports that Tanaka will eventually have to have tommy john regardless of his plasma shots. Tex is getting older. McCann I loved the signing, so hopefully he can step up this year. From what I hear Gigi the shortstop has amazing defensive skills, just not the hitting. Maybe he can learn on the go like Gardner did and become a good plus hitter? Pineda has that shoulder and hopefully it holds up. Not sure if they are going to rotate the closer like they have stated or not, but it nice to finally see one of the killer B's performing up to and exceeding expectations as an amazing setup guy/closer. I wish the Yankees well this year. It's a shame they didn't have the prospects to go after Hamels from Philly. Love this guy!
Go Yankees. Burn the Red Sox off the map.

Merlin1958
03-28-2015, 04:43 PM

I feel the Yankees have a lot of worries so I'm guessing I'm more of a downer. Elsbury was a question mark signing as he has had an injury history when they signed him. CC Sabathia is over 300 pounds again from what I have read. There are reports that Tanaka will eventually have to have tommy john regardless of his plasma shots. Tex is getting older. McCann I loved the signing, so hopefully he can step up this year. From what I hear Gigi the shortstop has amazing defensive skills, just not the hitting. Maybe he can learn on the go like Gardner did and become a good plus hitter? Pineda has that shoulder and hopefully it holds up. Not sure if they are going to rotate the closer like they have stated or not, but it nice to finally see one of the killer B's performing up to and exceeding expectations as an amazing setup guy/closer. I wish the Yankees well this year. It's a shame they didn't have the prospects to go after Hamels from Philly. Love this guy!

A man after my own heart. If the pitching holds up, they will compete. If not, look out!!! I knew there was something I liked about you!!! LOL

Jerome, we needa thread title change, pretty please????

mkb.redux
03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Was going to say... last year is done, and good riddance. Got a good feeling about this year, so either let's start a 2015 thread or get this one updated.

mtdman
03-28-2015, 08:06 PM
I went to Florida last week for the Tiger's spring training. We went to see them play the Yankees at Steinbrenner field in Tampa. It was a great time. I bought tickets off a scalper in the parking lot and ended up with front row seats in the right field. I was impressed with their stadium and surprised at all the Tigers fans there. It is just right down the road from Lakeland, Tigetown USA. The folks we sat next to had spring training season tix and go to all the games. The guy gave me his email so if we come down in the future he said he'd hook us up with tickets. The Yankees fans were all very nice and welcoming. My wife and I had a blast, and I even bought a t shirt.

Thought I'd share some pics for my old pal Merlin.

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees1.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees2.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees3.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees4.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees5.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees6.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees7.jpg

http://tjslawncare.com/yankees8.jpg

Merlin1958
03-29-2015, 07:10 AM
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Still Servant
03-29-2015, 06:56 PM

Ellsbury was healthy last year, the oblique is really the first injury bug he's had as a Yankee. C.C. being back up to 300 pounds is the best thing that can happen to him. He's pitched at that weight his whole career and just looks stronger with more weight. I'm not saying he's going to turn back into the same pitcher he was, I just think he's better off at that weight.

There's no reason to believe that Tanaka's arm is any better or worse than any other pitcher out there. Sure, TJ surgery is probably on the horizon for him, but that could be years from now. We just have to cross our fingers.

The Yankees have plenty of prospects to go after Hamels, it's just that they want all of them. They're asking for too much from everybody. Apparently they feel as if they're the only team that doesn't have to give up their best prospects for a starting pitcher. The Phillies were able to trade for Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt 3 years in a row without having to give up their #1 prospect. That's when all 3 were still frontline starters.

allasorte
03-29-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm in the Cleveland area and see so much garbage with their professional sports teams. I feel bad for them but it is like a nonstop nightmare for the city. The Drive, Jordan's shit over Ehlo, Lebron leaving and winning titles (he's back but hasn't won yet), and the Indians that thought they could hit people to death in the 90's but never got a real number 1 pitcher to put them over the top. My point is I get tired of people bashing the Yankees because they spend money.....to win. I wasn't happy with the second A-Rod signing at all, so the Yanks have made some mistakes financially and it has hurt them. But they have also done some great signings like Mussina and my favorite; Paul O'Neil to name a few.
I hate when Indians fans bitch about the Yankees. When they do, I give them a history lesson. George Steinbrenner wanted to buy the Indians but the city wouldn't allow it because of his gambling ties years previously. So he bought the Yankees and brought them back to their winning with his money and his business wits. Therefore the Indians could have been the Yankees, but Cleveland didn't want him. So guess what Indians fans bashing the high spending Yankees? That's right, screwed again. lol

Still Servant
03-31-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm in the Cleveland area and see so much garbage with their professional sports teams. I feel bad for them but it is like a nonstop nightmare for the city. The Drive, Jordan's shit over Ehlo, Lebron leaving and winning titles (he's back but hasn't won yet), and the Indians that thought they could hit people to death in the 90's but never got a real number 1 pitcher to put them over the top. My point is I get tired of people bashing the Yankees because they spend money.....to win. I wasn't happy with the second A-Rod signing at all, so the Yanks have made some mistakes financially and it has hurt them. But they have also done some great signings like Mussina and my favorite; Paul O'Neil to name a few.
I hate when Indians fans bitch about the Yankees. When they do, I give them a history lesson. George Steinbrenner wanted to buy the Indians but the city wouldn't allow it because of his gambling ties years previously. So he bought the Yankees and brought them back to their winning with his money and his business wits. Therefore the Indians could have been the Yankees, but Cleveland didn't want him. So guess what Indians fans bashing the high spending Yankees? That's right, screwed again. lol

The Yankees actually traded for Paul O'Neill. They traded Roberto Kelly for him. The common misconception among Yankees haters is that they just buy all their championships. The fact of the matter is that the Yankees built their championship teams in the 90's through savvy trades and an elite farm system. Bernie, Posada, Jeter, Rivera, and Pettitte were the backbone of those championship teams. Tino Martinez, O'Neill and David Cone were very important pieces acquired via trades. Many of the free agent signings the Yankees made were smaller, but turned out great like David Wells, who was later traded for Roger Clemens. They never went out and signed big name free agents, and when you go back and look, their payroll wasn't outrageous compared to the other teams. Yes, the Yankees had the luxury of paying the players that came up through their system and keeping them in New York, but that's life.

After the 2000 championship, the Yankees started to stray. They went out and signed high priced free agents like Jason Giambi, Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, Mike Mussina and many more. Most of them didn't work out, except for Mussina, who left without winning a championship.

It wasn't until 2009 that the Yankees truly "bought" a championship. They went out and signed Teixeira, C.C. and A.J Burnett. I will give Yankees detractors that year, but never anything else. If any Yankees hater starts to spout off, just give them a history lesson.

allasorte
03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
If I can remember all those guys Mike! I forgot about David Wells and Tito. I don't remember the years, but the Yanks had I believe the highest payroll and yet a pretty bad team. So when I hear buying championships, what about it not working either? I'm hoping CC's weight will bring him back to form as you are right about him playing better with the weight before, hope it works. Yanks back then also had a couple great role players. Who was the guy that sounded like he smoked 3 packs a day? Jim Leritz? Mike Stanley? I can't think of his name.

allasorte
03-31-2015, 12:12 PM
Jim Leyritz. I had to look it up. Great role play guy!

Still Servant
03-31-2015, 02:57 PM

Yeah, that sounds like Leyritz. He was a heck of a clutch hitter. His life after baseball has been somewhat troublesome, unfortunately.

I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and watching average Yankees teams. They had a ton of offense, but no pitching. I remember when Andy Hawkins threw a no hitter...and lost.

allasorte
03-31-2015, 03:12 PM

Yeah, that sounds like Leyritz. He was a heck of a clutch hitter. His life after baseball has been somewhat troublesome, unfortunately.

I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and watching average Yankees teams. They had a ton of offense, but no pitching. I remember when Andy Hawkins threw a no hitter...and lost.

I remember Melido Perez throwing a 7 inning no hitter against the Yanks. Funny stuff!

Merlin1958
04-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Thank you, my Director!!! You are a gentleman and a scholar and also.....

TMIDITW!!!!

Now the, Yankees better live up to the hassle of getting this done and go and "win" something!!!

mkb.redux
04-01-2015, 02:21 PM
OK.
So we can really start now?

Let's pay attention to Pedro when he says:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/83537/pedro-tenative-tanaka-will-get-hurt-this-year

I know, RSS. But the man was the best pitcher in the game for more than a couple of years.

I'm still waiting for the hitting to come; in the meantime, eyes on the Staff.

Merlin1958
04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
OK.
So we can really start now?

Let's pay attention to Pedro when he says:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/83537/pedro-tenative-tanaka-will-get-hurt-this-year

I know, RSS. But the man was the best pitcher in the game for more than a couple of years.

I'm still waiting for the hitting to come; in the meantime, eyes on the Staff.

The starting 5 will be the key, no doubt. I wouldn't put too much credibility in, Pedro he never could beat the Yanks anyway. They were his, "Daddy", for the most part.

Merlin1958
04-06-2015, 05:23 AM
Opening Day!!!!

Still Servant
04-06-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I was all excited to watch the Yankees opening day and when I tuned in to the YES network they aired a rerun of a game from last year.

Did this happen to anybody else?

CRinVA
04-07-2015, 05:59 AM
Unfortunately I watched the Game (most of it) on MLB.TV on my IPAD while I was at work! :-)

Tanaka looked great for two innings and then it all went to shit.

Gardner was one bright light on the team; He hit the ball hard twice - Bautista robbed him once but the second shot sailed into the seats.

One odd fact out fo the game - after one game A-Rod has the highest BA on the team; he went 1 for 2 with a Walk! :-)

Let's hope Pineida is in better form tonight!

Still Servant
04-07-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I was all excited to watch the Yankees opening day and when I tuned in to the YES network they aired a rerun of a game from last year.

Did this happen to anybody else?

I'm afraid my attempt at sarcasm didn't come through.

I was basically making fun of the Yankees saying that the first game of the year looked exactly like all of last season.

Nerak
04-11-2015, 03:59 AM
19 innings and couldn't pull out the win.....wow! Gotta love the Red Sox!!!!

Merlin1958
04-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Well, thank the Lord, we managed to pull out a nice win this evening. Bats came to life and will hopefully portend well for things to come. Tanaka, does not look like himself though. 156 games to go!!! :YYY:

CRinVA
04-13-2015, 05:07 AM
Every starter hit, every starter scored. Every pinch hitter except one hit as well!

A much needed win! Here's to many many more, starting in Baltimore tonight!

Nerak
04-13-2015, 05:37 AM
yeah, what a trouncing the Sox took last night. Buckholtz sucked ass last night. You got one win against us....let the games begin!

Still Servant
04-13-2015, 10:11 AM
The Yankees have a lot of problems, but if Buchholz pitches like he did last year, the Sox are going to struggle this year.

He looked terrible last night. His velocity is not what it was a few years ago and he has no control over his secondary pitches, often hanging curveballs up in the zone. He hardly ever throws a changeup, which means teams just sit on his fastball. A fastball that he struggles to locate as well.

I know Kelly looked good the other night, but he's never pitched more than 120 innings in a season. He's also not going to be pumping 99 mph heat every start. Should be interesting to see what Porcello does at Fenway tonight. They gave him a crazy contract that nobody is talking about. He will be making 20 million bucks this year. That's a lot of money for a #4 starter that has only posted a sub 4.00 ERA once in his career.

Merlin1958
04-13-2015, 10:44 AM
The Yankees have a lot of problems, but if Buchholz pitches like he did last year, the Sox are going to struggle this year.

He looked terrible last night. His velocity is not what it was a few years ago and he has no control over his secondary pitches, often hanging curveballs up in the zone. He hardly ever throws a changeup, which means teams just sit on his fastball. A fastball that he struggles to locate as well.

I know Kelly looked good the other night, but he's never pitched more than 120 innings in a season. He's also not going to be pumping 99 mph heat every start. Should be interesting to see what Porcello does at Fenway tonight. They gave him a crazy contract that nobody is talking about. He will be making 20 million bucks this year. That's a lot of money for a #4 starter that has only posted a sub 4.00 ERA once in his career.

Just FYI, but we do not discuss, Boston's merits/demerits herein!!! LOL J/K :YYY:

allasorte
04-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm sure the sports fanatics here use certain sites to read about their favorite teams. I know hockeybuzz is every made up nonsense rumor known to man on it, but the actual articles from reputable writers are there and that's what I'll read. TIOPS for the Pittsburgh fans is very good for hockey for me. I wanted to point out that "bleacher report" to me is a great daily updated site for professional sports. I love it for my teams as you can go to your team pages to read up quotes on your team's sports writers and so forth (for Yankees and other teams). You can unfortunately lose time reading great articles there. Nothing on the Red Sox, obviously, but all other teams that matter are there. I know there's information on the red sox, I'm just fooling around, but there shouldn't be!

CRinVA
04-14-2015, 07:57 AM
yeah, what a trouncing the Sox took last night. Buckholtz sucked ass last night. You got one win against us....let the games begin!

Why hello Karen! Been lurking! :-)

:YYY: :YYY: :YYY:

CRinVA
04-14-2015, 08:05 AM
So a good start in Baltimore! A Pinch HIt Grand Salami (from a guy that has not been producing offensively in some time) is a welcome sight!

I read on Bleacher Report about the O's fan that stood and turned his back on A-Rod - wasn't going to watch his at-bats!

How hypocritical (Sosa, Palmeira, Cruz, ... ... ... )!!!!

How stupid - doesn't he know what a line drive to the back of the head would do?????

How rude? There were fans behind him that got a crappy blocked view of the game while A-Rod was at bat.

Last but not least - I am not an A-Rod fan, however, he paid the ultimate price and is back and is producing. I am sure he is drug tested more than any player out there, 'cept maybe Big Papi who said he was the most tested player - but I'm not getting into him as this is a Yankee thread! :-) There are criminals that go to jail/prison and serve time for crimes committed and some that get out turn over a new leaf - sure some don't - but last time I checked in the good old US of A one is innocent until proven guilty!

I for one am enjoying his at bats as much as any other Yankee!

CC on the mound tonight and my hopes are still high until proven otherwise!

allasorte
04-14-2015, 09:53 AM
For 10 mil plus a season to play sports.....I'd do HGH and I'm sure most people would. I was upset the Yanks resigned A-Rod as I didn't like his attitude and the way he carried himself as a Yankee. But I hope he does well and finishes his career on a high note.
Pineda, regardless of the 5 ER's he gave up had 9K's. Great job and I hope he is finally past his shoulder problem.

Still Servant
04-14-2015, 05:10 PM
The thing I'm growing tired of is that every time Tanaka takes the mound we have to talk about his elbow, his velocity and whether or not he is hurt. For that reason alone, he should have had the surgery. I'm on the record in this very thread as saying I would have done it the next day. He'd be close to coming back by now if he had it last year. Elbow injuries don't get better, they just get worse.

That being said, nobody harps on the fact that Pineda hardly throws harder than 92 now. He used to throw 98. I'm not saying I'm worried, I'm just saying that pitchers can get guys out without a big fastball and it doesn't mean their arm is hurt.

CRinVA
04-15-2015, 05:34 AM
The thing I'm growing tired of is that every time Tanaka takes the mound we have to talk about his elbow, his velocity and whether or not he is hurt. For that reason alone, he should have had the surgery. I'm on the record in this very thread as saying I would have done it the next day. He'd be close to coming back by now if he had it last year. Elbow injuries don't get better, they just get worse.

That being said, nobody harps on the fact that Pineda hardly throws harder than 92 now. He used to throw 98. I'm not saying I'm worried, I'm just saying that pitchers can get guys out without a big fastball and it doesn't mean their arm is hurt.

Agreed! Pettite and Mussina became quite the finesse pitchers late in their respective illustrious careers!

Merlin1958
04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Say what you may, but A-Rod be the man this evening!!!

allasorte
04-18-2015, 03:36 AM
I can't believe how good A-rod has been. All the adversity, all the hate, and the age, and yet he has been leading this team. I hope he can stay healthy and help the Yanks. Whether you like him or not, you have to give him his due and props.
I read on CBS that the Yankees were looking at some Braves 2nd prospect. His name I can't remember off hand, but he is batting .214. Why are they looking at a guy like this?
Also, I thought Miller was going to be the 8th inning guy? Hey, 3 saves is great, but I was hoping Betances was going to be the closer?

allasorte
04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Great night tonight for sports....for me. The Penguins beat the Rangers and tied the series!!!!! Never saw that coming with all their injuries. On a Yankee note, man, Young has done a really nice job thus far for the Yanks. Glad to see. Also, Tanaka had a really great game tonight. A 2 hitter and 8 K's in 7 innings. Hope he holds up and that elbow is strong. They really need him. Great night for sports!

Still Servant
04-19-2015, 06:11 AM
I read on CBS that the Yankees were looking at some Braves 2nd prospect. His name I can't remember off hand, but he is batting .214. Why are they looking at a guy like this?

A: He's a prospect.
B: We are all of 10 games into the minor league season. Averages can fluctuate fairly quickly early in any season.
C: I doubt the Braves will trade him.

Merlin1958
04-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Sweep!!! :YYY:

CRinVA
04-20-2015, 05:30 AM
So the Yankees go from the cellar to 1 game out by sweeping the Rays! It was great seeing Tanaka in control. And A-Rod - say what you will but the man currently holds the longest HR in MLB this season with a 471 ft blast; one of two in game two with the Rays. He also leads the Yankees in HRs, Runs scored and RBIs! Also wanted to note, when was the last time Brian McCann ever got a triple. The man is slower than molasses, slower than Big Papi or Mark Teixeira, slower than a snail or a sloth or a slug for than matter!

Onward to Detroit tonight! Time for CC to come alive now!

:YYY:

Merlin1958
04-20-2015, 06:06 AM
So the Yankees go from the cellar to 1 game out by sweeping the Rays! It was great seeing Tanaka in control. And A-Rod - say what you will but the man currently holds the longest HR in MLB this season with a 471 ft blast; one of two in game two with the Rays. He also leads the Yankees in HRs, Runs scored and RBIs! Also wanted to note, when was the last time Brian McCann ever got a triple. The man is slower than molasses, slower than Big Papi or Mark Teixeira, slower than a snail or a sloth or a slug for than matter!

Yes!! We need him to join the hit parade!!!

CRinVA
04-20-2015, 10:19 AM

Perhaps it would be better if CC joined the No-Hit Parade! :-)

Merlin1958
04-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Perhaps it would be better if CC joined the No-Hit Parade! :-)

Ah yes, my bad!!! LOL

Still Servant
04-20-2015, 01:26 PM
This series won't be easy.

Merlin1958
04-20-2015, 03:20 PM
This series won't be easy.

Got a feeling that this year, few will be. If we can pitch and defend, with some timely hitting, we can compete.

mtdman
04-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Went to see the Tigers host the Yankees tonight. CC was dealing for most of the game, I've always liked him. They should have taken him out when the Tigers started hitting in the 7th. The Yankees are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch the Tigers play (and beat). Cold and rainy night at the old ball park though.

Still Servant
04-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Went to see the Tigers host the Yankees tonight. CC was dealing for most of the game, I've always liked him. They should have taken him out when the Tigers started hitting in the 7th. The Yankees are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams to watch the Tigers play (and beat). Cold and rainy night at the old ball park though.

Well, they should be, you've had our number, especially when the Yankees were good and you guys were beating us in the playoffs.

Like I've said before, you guys are going to have to seal the deal one of these years though. My uncle is a Tigers fan, as is one of my best friends. They talk a lot, but I tell them I don't want to hear it until they actually win something.

Still Servant
04-21-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm shocked how well Drew is hitting right now. I'm starting to think that if Didi doesn't start to hit, we might see Drew play a little more SS when Pirela (finally) comes back.

Merlin1958
04-21-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm shocked how well Drew is hitting right now. I'm starting to think that if Didi doesn't start to hit, we might see Drew play a little more SS when Pirela (finally) comes back.

Flash, said as much during the broadcast.

Still Servant
04-22-2015, 04:05 PM

I was unable to watch the game. I was following on Gamecast though. It doesn't surprise me he mentioned that though. I'm sure the Yankees brass are thinking the same thing.

Merlin1958
04-22-2015, 04:12 PM

I was unable to watch the game. I was following on Gamecast though. It doesn't surprise me he mentioned that though. I'm sure the Yankees brass are thinking the same thing.

I didn't mean to imply anything. I just thought it was cool that you were thinking the same as the Yankee brass at the same time. We're up 6-4 in the 2nd. This could be a real hit fest.

Still Servant
04-22-2015, 04:20 PM

I didn't mean to imply anything. I just thought it was cool that you were thinking the same as the Yankee brass at the same time. We're up 6-4 in the 2nd. This could be a real hit fest.

I didn't think you were implying anything, I just wanted to clear up that I didn't realize he said that because I was unable to watch it live.

You have to love this team though. They get 3 hits off Kyle Lobstein who doesn't throw harder than 86 and the next night they score 6 runs in the first inning against David Price, who is one of the best pitchers in the league. They really do hit Price for some reason.

Merlin1958
04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, they always have for some reason. Especially, Jeet.

Edit: 10-4 in the 5th!!!!! They really need this one for a chance to win the series.

Still Servant
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Price-is-wrong.jpg

Merlin1958
04-23-2015, 11:30 AM
1 - 1, bottom of the 7th, one out!!!

:YYY::YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
04-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Tanaka-them out!!!! Yanks take series vs Tigers go to 9-7!!!! Next up: The Muts!!!

Still Servant
04-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Tanaka-them out!!!! Yanks take series vs Tigers go to 9-7!!!! Next up: The Muts!!!

This Mets series should be interesting. The Mets are playing great right now, but they've yet to play a game outside of their division, which could be a reason for their hot start. They are also do to drop a few games, let's hope it's this week.

Merlin1958
04-23-2015, 03:57 PM

This Mets series should be interesting. The Mets are playing great right now, but they've yet to play a game outside of their division, which could be a reason for their hot start. They are also do to drop a few games, let's hope it's this week.

I hear that!!!

Merlin1958
04-24-2015, 03:46 PM
2-0 Yanks, top of the third!!!

Edit: 3-0, bottom of the third. Ellsbury just went yard.

Merlin1958
04-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Alright folks, here we go with another crucial series (They're all gonna be "crucial" this year, ain't they? LOL)!!! Let's go, Adam Warren!!!

Merlin1958
04-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Well, alright!!! Another stellar performance by the boys from the, Bronx!!!

CRinVA
04-29-2015, 05:59 AM
Since 4/17 Yankees have best record in MLB! Now they are 10 - 2 for last 12 games! Looking for a TB Sweep this afternoon! Then off to Fenway on Friday!

Its too bad they just lost Tanaka for probably 30 days. I suspect he will have TJ surgery in the near future! IN the meantime others stepping to the plate and the offense doing its job. How about Teixeira on a roll - he is always bad in April but was the last AL Player of the Week! And Gardner hitting over .300!

:YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY:

Merlin1958
04-29-2015, 04:30 PM
"Two out of three ain't bad"!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyC8T8DBMbA

Still Servant
04-29-2015, 06:55 PM
It's not bad, but you have to win those games at home.

CRinVA
04-30-2015, 04:29 AM
Of course you have to win the games at home, but there is no team in MLB that wins EVERY home game, ever!

Win your series and occasionally sweep up and you'll be in the Post Season!

Still sitting atop AL East!

Still Servant
04-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Of course you have to win the games at home, but there is no team in MLB that wins EVERY home game, ever!

Win your series and occasionally sweep up and you'll be in the Post Season!

Still sitting atop AL East!

I totally get that, but that's not what I mean.

When I said "those" games I meant extra innings games at home. The home team has such an advantage in extra innings home games and it's a shame to squander that opportunity.

I'm not sure about the stats, but the home team wins extra innings game more often than not.

CRinVA
05-01-2015, 05:20 AM
OK I see your point now! Yep they squandered away chances to take that game!

Merlin1958
05-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Boston Sucks!!!

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 09:32 AM
How about that, A-Rod!!! No. 660 and the game winning pinch hit!!!

We go for #2 shortly!!!

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 10:23 AM
1 - 0 Yanks, top of the third!!!

Why do they call it the "World Series" when it is usually played in da Bronx?????

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 10:58 AM
3 -1 Yanks, bottom of the 5th!!!

Still Servant
05-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Boston Sucks!!!

Actually, Boston is a beautiful city, but, yeah, they suck.

Merlin1958
05-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Boston Sucks!!!

Actually, Boston is a beautiful city, but, yeah, they suck.

Yes, it is, but...

How, Sweep it is!!!!

CRinVA
05-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Too close for comfort - bases loaded with Big Papi at the plate! One swing could have set an awful walk off against the Yankees!

But Miller comes through and the Brooms come out!

So Teixeira is either an out or a HR - as long as he keeps up the RBI pace I have no problem with it.

Ellsbury and Gardner becoming a terrific one - two punch!

16 - 9 - now 3 games in front of Baltimore and Tampa Bay and four ahead of Boston!
:YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY:

Merlin1958
05-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Tex, is on fire!!!! :onfire: HR No. 10, a two run shot vs. Toronto for a 5-0 lead!!!!

:YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
And we win!!!! 17-10!!!!! First place!!!

CRinVA
05-06-2015, 04:40 AM
A win is a win is a win, but why oh my do the Yankees have to put me on pins and needles!!! Never ever should a team have to rely on their closer after being up 6 - 0!

A good game though, as Ellsbury remains on fire, hitting over .400 in last 16 games and over .500 in the month of May! Oh, he also is 3rd in the league in SBs with 11!

Gardner hitting behind Ellsbury provides a nice 1 - 2 punch! Gardy hitting .309 through last night's game - much higher than any previous year!

Teixeira is extra bases or nothing! 10 HRs and 22 RBI's is nothing to shake a stick at! That's 3rd in the league in HRs and 5th in RBIs

Betances and Miller both have 0.0 ERA after 15.1 and 13.2 innings pitched, respectively - Betances has 26 Ks and Miller 23Ks. For a closer Miller is awesome with 11 saves and holding opponent batters to a 0.067 BA!

:YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY: :YYY:

allasorte
05-06-2015, 04:45 AM
Pineda, after 2 years of dealing with his shoulder thus far has been great. It's nice to see a young guy doing well for the Yanks. It's been a nice early start for this team.

Merlin1958
05-08-2015, 04:54 PM
5 - 2 in the fifth!!!! C'mon no. 19!!!!

Still Servant
05-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Damn! Pineda was dealing. One of the best Yankees pitching performances I've seen in a while.

Merlin1958
05-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Damn! Pineda was dealing. One of the best Yankees pitching performances I've seen in a while.

You can say that again!! It almost wasn't fair!!! I know he got 16, but what was the staff total for the day?

Edit: Betances had two so, 18 total for the day!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-10-2015, 09:29 PM
I love the sports commentary on this video....

"Swing and a miss! Upstairs at the fast ball!".... LOL! :D

"Michael Pineda, absolutely FILTHY!".... LOL! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ_tGL7yEQ

Final line for Michael Pineda: seven IP, six H, one R, no BB, sixteen Ks. It's the first 16+K, 0-BB game since Johan Santana in August 2007. :rock:

Bye, Bye Orioles!!! LOL! LOL! :rofl:

:YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY: :YYY:

Merlin1958
05-11-2015, 04:35 PM
4-1, Yanks in the 5th!!! :YYY:

Edit: 8-1 Yanks in the sixth!!! Maybe, C.C. will finally get one in the "win" column!!!

CRinVA
05-12-2015, 11:17 AM
CC Wins and the Yankees have jumped to #4 of 32 in the MLB Power Rankings!!!!

CRinVA
05-12-2015, 11:25 AM
In honor of Yogi Berra's 90th Birthday here is a list of some of his better Yogi-isms!
Gotta love the man! Hell he has a ring for every finger!

Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical
You can observe a lot just by watching.
When you come to a fork in the road, …take it.
We made too many wrong mistakes.
You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t go to yours.
The future ain’t what it sued to be.
It’s déjà vu all over again.
I didn’t really say everything I said.
It ain’t over til it’s over.

Still Servant
05-12-2015, 01:49 PM
4-1, Yanks in the 5th!!! :YYY:

Edit: 8-1 Yanks in the sixth!!! Maybe, C.C. will finally get one in the "win" column!!!

Merlin, I'm not usually that guy, but you've got to get rid of that 's in Yankees in your signature. It's bugging me. :lol:

I love Yogi's quotes. I bought my dad a book of Yogisms a while back and it's actually a fantastic read.

T-Dogz, I had no idea there were baseball fans in England. That's awesome!

Merlin1958
05-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Support, Yogi!!!!!!

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/123743936/fans-can-back-medal-of-freedom-for-yogi

Merlin1958
05-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Are our Yanks going to rebound?

allasorte
05-26-2015, 05:11 PM

It's a long season, but C.C. hasn't looked very good and Pineda has had a couple bad outings. Maybe some youthful call-ups are in order?

Merlin1958
05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Don't look now, but we just swept the, Royals and Pineda was strong. The pitching will be the key to the season.

Still Servant
05-27-2015, 06:10 PM

Well, it looks like it.

Let's put it this way. You're never as good as you look and you're never as bad as you look. They aren't as good as they were when they were on that hot streak, and they aren't as bad as they looked during that losing streak. They are somewhere in the middle, which might be good enough to win the AL East.

They need to fix the back end of the rotation. The bullpen need to restabilze. I think Lindgren could be a big part of that. They need to figure out what they are going to do up the middle. You can't go much longer with Didi and Drew. I think it's time for Refsnyder. Back in 2005 the Yankees had a flaundering team. They called up a young second base prospect and a young pitching prospect. Cano and Wang revitalized them and propelled them to the ALDS.

Merlin1958
05-27-2015, 06:14 PM

Well, it looks like it.

Let's put it this way. You're never as good as you look and you're never as bad as you look. They aren't as good as they were when they were on that hot streak, and they aren't as bad as they looked during that losing streak. They are somewhere in the middle, which might be good enough to win the AL East.

They need to fix the back end of the rotation. The bullpen need to restabilze. I think Lindgren could be a big part of that. They need to figure out what they are going to do up the middle. You can't go much longer with Didi and Drew. I think it's time for Refsnyder. Back in 2005 the Yankees had a flaundering team. They called up a young second base prospect and a young pitching prospect. Cano and Wang revitalized them and propelled them to the ALDS.

Very accurate assessment. Nova is till on the horizon and Tanaka should be back soon.

CRinVA
05-28-2015, 06:59 AM
I totally agree on Lindgren and why not give Refsnyder a chance. The love affair with "persistently on the Interstate" BA in the 100s! Stephen Drew!

Looking forward to Pinieda getting even better and can't wait to get Nova back! Tanaka too - so far strong in rehab!

And how about Mark Teixeira - just keep it up! McCann needs to join that bandwagon. Need Ellsbury back for the Ellsbury-Gardner punch!

Still Servant
05-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Severino just got called up to AAA.

Also, Carpenter's days are numbered.

Merlin1958
05-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Sometimes baseball can just make you want to jump off a bridge. How the F*ck do we go from sweeping the Royals to dropping three of four to the lowly A's? :angry:

CRinVA
06-02-2015, 04:18 AM
Such a weird season - the Yankees sweep the best team in MLB and then are nearly swept by a sub par team! Then they turn to face one of the premier Aces in MLB King Felix - only to thrash him! What a great surprise to have Tex hot and for his Grand Salami last night! Somehow the Yankees are still sitting atop American League East!!!!!!

Merlin1958
06-02-2015, 05:28 AM
Stranger than fiction!!!

Merlin1958
06-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Let's go, C.C.!!!! :YYY::YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
06-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Don't look now, but the Yanks have a 4 game win streak going. Getting, Tanaka back in such good form bodes well for the Bombers. :YYY:

allasorte
06-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Don't look now, but the Yanks have a 4 game win streak going. Getting, Tanaka back in such good form bodes well for the Bombers. :YYY:

I've always been a huge fan of teams with pitchers. Such as when Atlanta had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and what great pitching will do for your team. Not comparing these HOF's to the current Yanks, but I do love Tanaka, Pineda, C.C.

Still Servant
06-07-2015, 10:57 AM

I've always been a huge fan of teams with pitchers. Such as when Atlanta had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and what great pitching will do for your team. Not comparing these HOF's to the current Yanks, but I do love Tanaka, Pineda, C.C.

Which is why the fact that they only won 1 World Championship with that starting rotation is a tad bit of a disappointment.

Merlin1958
06-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Which is why the fact that they only won 1 World Championship with that starting rotation is a tad bit of a disappointment.

Look at. Baltimore in '69, 4 20 game winners if I recall and I think before that 3 20 game winners in Cleveland. It's kinda weird. Neither team won the Series.

Bonus pts if you can name the pitchers. No googling!!! LOL No cheating. I think I have the answers below.

McNally, Palmer, Cuellar, Dobson for Baltimore - Wynn, Lemon and Feller for Cleveland

Merlin1958
06-07-2015, 11:34 AM
6 in a row!!!

Still Servant
06-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I hesitate to get too excited. As soon as we do, they fall in the toilet.

Merlin1958
06-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Good point.

mkb.redux
06-07-2015, 02:43 PM
I don't care... I'll be happy anyway, right here and now.

Still Servant
06-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Oh, I'm happy. Elated actually. Just reserved as well.

CRinVA
06-09-2015, 05:13 AM
Washington Nationals tonight in New York! Tanaka takes on Max Scherzer!

After a two game set off to Baltimore! I have tickets for the Sunday game in Baltimore (90 minute drive) where CC takes on Gonzalez;

Incidentally I have tickets Saturday for the Potomac Nationals (Washington Nationals High Single A Team)! Their park is ten minuets from my home and I typically see about ten games every season. Due to their proximity to Washington Nationals, the big league starts often rehab at Single A. I have seen Harper, Zimmerman, Rendon, Ramos, perform at the P-Nats stadium.

Merlin1958
06-20-2015, 05:02 PM
9-0 in the 4th!!! La de da!! A-Rod is having a blast!! :YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
06-20-2015, 06:27 PM
!3-3 Yanks. Mel got a plaque in monument park!!!!

Still Servant
06-22-2015, 06:23 PM
"Aces" can't pitch like this.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-23-2015, 05:21 AM
*ahem*

We're coming for you.

Love always,

Toronto Blue Jays

Still Servant
06-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Blue Jays are playing great ball right now. Kind of reminds me of last year when they were setting the league on fire before flaming out.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Blue Jays are playing great ball right now. Kind of reminds me of last year when they were setting the league on fire before flaming out.

Absolutely, and there's a chance it all goes to hell in a hand basket. But I don't think so. I suspect we'll make a play for a closer, a starter, or both and things will get MIGHTY interesting. But rivalries are fun, this should be good.

Still Servant
06-23-2015, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Yankees. Their pitching is just too inconsistent. C.C. is done. He's just not able to adjust without his premium stuff. I truly believe Tanaka is babying his elbow and Pineda just doesn't seem to be able to have the focus of an ace. That or he doesn't have that competitive edge of pitchers like Andy Pettitte.

If I were you I'd worry more about the Rays.

Merlin1958
06-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Nova, looked good today over 6.2 innings. Maybe there is hope!!!

Merlin1958
06-25-2015, 03:29 PM
Okay, let's see how we fare vs. The Astro's!!!

Still Servant
06-25-2015, 03:49 PM

Nova looked fantastic and the bats are still hot. Anybody who has watched the Yankees can probably predict how this is going to go. The starters will pull it together and pitch really well a few times around the rotation, but the bats will go cold. They will lose a bunch of games 3-2.

The Astros series should be fun. They have a lot of young players. Wait until you see this Correa kid.

Still Servant
06-30-2015, 08:29 PM

Anybody who has watched the Yankees can probably predict how this is going to go. The starters will pull it together and pitch really well a few times around the rotation, but the bats will go cold. They will lose a bunch of games 3-2.

I hate being right.

CRinVA
07-13-2015, 06:13 AM
So who'd a thought the Yankees would be sitting atop the AL East at the All*Star break!!!!

Merlin, gotta tell you a quick Yankees tale. The other day we were babysitting our 5 yr old grandson. I was watching a Yankee game on TV. Tommy disappeared for a minute and when he came back he was wearing his Yankees Cap and had mine for me to wear! Love this kid. Even though his Dad (my son-in-law) keeps trying to sway him to either Detroit or the Marlins!

Glad to see Gardy in the All*Star game! Gladder to see him hovering above .300!

And Refsnyder - they should make him the regular 2nd baseman and send Drew packing!!!!!

Merlin1958
07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
So who'd a thought the Yankees would be sitting atop the AL East at the All*Star break!!!!

Merlin, gotta tell you a quick Yankees tale. The other day we were babysitting our 5 yr old grandson. I was watching a Yankee game on TV. Tommy disappeared for a minute and when he came back he was wearing his Yankees Cap and had mine for me to wear! Love this kid. Even though his Dad (my son-in-law) keeps trying to sway him to either Detroit or the Marlins!

Glad to see Gardy in the All*Star game! Gladder to see him hovering above .300!

And Refsnyder - they should make him the regular 2nd baseman and send Drew packing!!!!!

Great story, Bob!!! I agree, give the boy a shot!!!!

Still Servant
07-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Refsnyder has been a long time coming. Drew will stick around for his ability to play SS and his glove. That's about it.

One worry I have is the fact that they may have called Refsnyder up to showcase him for a trade. I have a bad feeling they are going to do something stupid and bring in some average pitcher for one (or more) of these prospects

Merlin1958
07-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Fresh off the ASG, another win!!!!

CRinVA
07-23-2015, 05:36 AM
The Yankees keep finding ways to win! 11 - 4 in July thus far!

Merlin1958
07-31-2015, 11:51 PM
QUOTE=CRinVA;935439]The Yankees keep finding ways to win! 11 - 4 in July thus far!

:YYY:[/QUOTE]

All over the Sox!!!! :YYY:[

allasorte
08-01-2015, 05:18 AM
QUOTE=CRinVA;935439]The Yankees keep finding ways to win! 11 - 4 in July thus far!

All over the Sox!!!! :YYY:[[/QUOTE]

Glad you are back and OK. I sent you a letter to the address RF gave us, but I'm guessing you won't get it. Anyway, glad you are better!

Still Servant
08-01-2015, 06:38 AM

All over the Sox!!!! :YYY:[/QUOTE]

Good to have you back! The Yankees won some of those games for you.

Merlin1958
08-03-2015, 08:58 PM

All over the Sox!!!! :YYY:

Good to have you back! The Yankees won some of those games for you.[/QUOTE]

LOL And Tex, a few for the boys from Da Bronx!!! LOL

Sad story, one of the three doctors involved in the procedures and techniques employed recently to keep me above ground is a HUGE Yanks fan. So much so that he had memorabilia that included Maris/Mantle '61 signed balls, a '27 ball, a "Eddie Ford" signed ball and a Mo plaque among many other collectibles.

Sadly, the cretins must have had his home in their sights for quite some time and they broke into his house and stole only the BB collectible items the same weekend he ws busy saving my life. Now, of course I am fully aware that most of those things just cannot be replaced, but I'd like to try to help restart his collection for him so, if any one out there wants to sell an item, I can send check payments, do not deliver until PIF and you all know my rep. I'd really like to be able to do this for this reslly nice guy who incidently, saved my life!!! Now, I could jump on STEINER, but I thought it might be better to go for the more personl touch.

If you have any thoughts, feel free!!!

Still Servant
08-04-2015, 05:38 PM
That's a crazy story! I wish I could help, but I don't have any memorabilia of that caliber. It's sad people have to take what isn't theirs.

Merlin1958
08-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Boston Sucks!!!!

8-3, Yanks in the 7th!!!!

Merlin1958
08-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Huge series this weekend guys. Let's get out there and support the boys from Da Bronx!!!!!

Merlin1958
08-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Boo-Ya!!!!

Yanks, draw first blood!!!!

Mattrick
08-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Man, Tulo's at-bat against Miller....15 pitches...was nail biting. Gibbons really should have pulled Price after he gave up that first hit.

We'll win the world series before we ever get that 12 straight win and the break the record we've tied three times in three years lol

Merlin1958
08-15-2015, 07:19 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/standings/

Can anyone say, Sweep?

Merlin1958
08-18-2015, 06:00 PM
A-Rod with a Grand Salami in the bottom of the 7th. Yanks up 5-4!!!!!! :YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY:

Edit: Final 8-4 Yanks!!!!!

Merlin1958
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Can you say.....

Sweep????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

T-Dogz_AK47
08-19-2015, 10:09 PM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/Mobile%20Uploads/f15a087b-0817-400b-bec2-a970d1df51be_zpsbhlonbnn.jpg

LOL! :nana:

CRinVA
08-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Thank God Cashman has not used his stellar minor leaguers to pick up some fading star! Greg Bird is the real deal. Yesterday was his game. Two 2-run shots for 4 RBIs. Only runs scored in the game but enough for the win! After 5 games and 18 ABs (yes small sample - I know) he's batting .333. And has an OPS of 1.091 - that is nearly league leading!

Some other interesting stats this year! Skip if you're not a Yankee fan!

McCann, Brian - on the 17th - had 5 RBIs, 1 HR, I DBL, Set up the winning run and had 3 put outs at 2nd base (caught stealing)
Beltran, Carlos - last 30 games BA .295 with 6 HRs
Headley, Chase - last 30 games BA .340 with 19 RBIs
Gregorious, Didi - last 30 games BA .301
5 pitchers with 100+ Ks (Tanaka, Pineda, Sabathia, Eovaldi and Betances
Betances has 101 Ks in only 64 innings
Betances holding opponents to .125 BA and has WHIP of 0.83
Miller holding opponents to .148 BA and has WHIP of 0.85

As a team Yankees are:

#2 in Batting Average
#3 in Home Runs (only 3 behind MLB leader Houston Astros)
#2 in Runs Batted In
#2 in #4 in Strikeouts by their pitchers
#5 in Saves

Not too shabby out of 30 MLB teams!!

Still Servant
08-20-2015, 03:32 PM
I think Bird is the real deal. He's been underrated in the prospect world for quite some time now, which doesn't usually happen for a Yankees prospect.

However, and I know I don't have to tell you this, we have to be careful because we've been burned before. Now, Bird is a much better prospect than this scrub ever was, but strange things happen.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Baseball/78134/78134-5Fr.jpg

Merlin1958
08-20-2015, 03:35 PM
I think Bird is the real deal. He's been underrated in the prospect world for quite some time now, which doesn't usually happen for a Yankees prospect.

However, and I know I don't have to tell you this, we have to be careful because we've been burned before. Now, Bird is a much better prospect than this scrub ever was, but strange things happen.

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Baseball/78134/78134-5Fr.jpg

Kay, was making comparisons to Shelly Duncan during yesterdays broadcast. I don't see it, but he did.

Merlin1958
08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Down 0-2 in the third. Why do we seem to be having so much trouble with these guys? LOL

Merlin1958
08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
A-Rod goes deep again for #26!!!

Still Servant
08-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Down 0-2 in the third. Why do we seem to be having so much trouble with these guys? LOL

For some reason the Yankees struggle against soft tossers.

As for Kay's Duncan comp, I don't see that at all. He couldn't be farther off on that one. The Maas comp is way better. A sweet swinging left handed first baseman. Kinda a no brainer. Bird is a better prospect than Maas, Duncan and Shane Spencer combined ever were.

Merlin1958
08-20-2015, 05:52 PM

For some reason the Yankees struggle against soft tossers.

As for Kay's Duncan comp, I don't see that at all. He couldn't be farther off on that one. The Maas comp is way better. A sweet swinging left handed first baseman. Kinda a no brainer. Bird is a better prospect than Maas, Duncan and Shane Spencer combined ever were.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Three freaking hits tonight so far!!!!

Yes, I didn't see the comparison either except maybe for the time of year thing. You were much more spot on with, Maas

Merlin1958
08-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Finally we win one versus these guys!!! Let's hope for a split tomorrow!!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-23-2015, 04:36 AM
A brilliant 6 - 2 win for the Yankees over the Cleveland Indians!!!

:YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY:

One of the awesome home runs produced by Brett Gardner during the game. Go fetch that!!! LOL! LOL!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/3d7e0ab2-d3a5-4217-a2ec-443ea4aee6ee_zps9qqoxjqa.jpg

I love this photo. Roberto Perez looks decidedly biscuit arsed when Brett Gardner hits his second two-run home run
in the first inning and is greeted at the home plate by Jacoby Ellsbury. HAHAHAHA OWNED!!!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/82215yanks_zpsqbodevgb.jpg

A recap of the action and retirement honour for Jorge Posada....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkdFu6wOWQ

:YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
08-24-2015, 07:23 PM
What an awesome "Walk-off" win this evening!!!! Blast away, Beltran!!!!! Awesome pitching performance against a top flight team. Where was this during the Cleveland debacle? LOL

allasorte
08-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Rumors flying that with CC going on the DL he might be done for the season. No idea if that counts also towards the playoffs. Do the Yanks have enough pitching? We will see.

Still Servant
08-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Rumors flying that with CC going on the DL he might be done for the season. No idea if that counts also towards the playoffs. Do the Yanks have enough pitching? We will see.

Actually, they are better off without him. He's been a drag on the whole pitching staff for a few years now. The Yankees have had their hands tied. They couldn't take him out of the rotation because of who he is and how much he's getting paid. This is a blessing in disguise. My take: his career is done.

Merlin1958
08-25-2015, 03:54 PM
They wouldn't need him in the post season anyway. Usually, the team will shorten to a 3 man rotation for the short series with a #4 starter being an occasional necessity. They have (hopefully) Tanaka, Pineda and Nova and if they are smart, Severino to do that job along with a stout bullpen.

Edit: They have as much acknowledged the above scenario in their handling of, Pineda and the call up of Severino.

allasorte
08-25-2015, 05:42 PM

Actually, they are better off without him. He's been a drag on the whole pitching staff for a few years now. The Yankees have had their hands tied. They couldn't take him out of the rotation because of who he is and how much he's getting paid. This is a blessing in disguise. My take: his career is done.

I've seen the stats and the decline, but it would simply be nice if he could of perhaps turned it around. Such as a resurgence like many others have done late in the season. I know exactly what you are saying though. I'm hoping with him out, someone younger can step up.

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 03:27 AM
Geez... those Jays eh?

allasorte
08-26-2015, 04:19 AM
Geez... those Jays eh?

They are on fire and so dangerous with those bats.

CRinVA
08-26-2015, 05:05 AM
ahem....

This is a Yankees thread! :-)

One birght spot in last night's debacle of a loss! Stephen Drew can pitch! LOL

Merlin1958
08-26-2015, 03:46 PM
.....And, Pineda didn't look sharp today as well. Hopefully, he'll get the kinks worked out over the next couple of starts.

Now comes the Braves!!!! Let's see if we can't shake this series off and get back on track!!!

Still Servant
08-26-2015, 05:13 PM
ahem....

I think you mean Brendan Ryan. Ironically, he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.

CRinVA
08-27-2015, 06:51 AM
ahem....

I think you mean Brendan Ryan. Ironically, he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.

Duh you're right! Not sure why I interchange these too so often! Maybe the shaved off 'stache threw me! LOL

Still Servant
08-27-2015, 04:34 PM
ahem....

Duh you're right! Not sure why I interchange these too so often! Maybe the shaved off 'stache threw me! LOL

No, it's the fact that neither can hit a lick.

Also, I hate to say it, but they have to sweep the Braves.

Merlin1958
08-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Well, we're up 1-0 with, Severino pitching in the 5th. That's all that phenom should need for a win!!!!

Merlin1958
08-29-2015, 05:03 PM
2 to zip in the 7th. We need this one and tomorrows game as well.

:YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
08-29-2015, 05:35 PM
3-1 bottom of the 8th!!!

Merlin1958
08-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Put this one in the "win" column!!!

The kid, Severino looks like the real deal. What a great call-up from the farm. They should be tough in the post season with him in the rotation if he can stand up to the pressure. Anybody have any thoughts for the 3 man rotation come October?

Still Servant
08-30-2015, 04:28 PM

The kid, Severino looks like the real deal. What a great call-up from the farm. They should be tough in the post season with him in the rotation if he can stand up to the pressure. Anybody have any thoughts for the 3 man rotation come October?

I hate to think that far ahead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go with 4 in the postseason. The top 4 would be Tanaka, Pineda, Severino and Eovaldi.

Also, they are a weird team. Some weeks they look like they've never swung a bat before and then other weeks they are putting up 3 touchdowns.

Merlin1958
08-30-2015, 04:35 PM
I'll take a sweep anyday!!! LOL 20-6!!!!!

CRinVA
08-31-2015, 05:56 AM
ahem....

No, it's the fact that neither can hit a lick.

Also, I hate to say it, but they have to sweep the Braves.

OK Consider it done! :-)

CRinVA
08-31-2015, 05:57 AM

Hey Bill going out on a limb here - Tanaka, Severino, Eovaldi!

Merlin1958
09-01-2015, 12:59 PM

Hey Bill going out on a limb here - Tanaka, Severino, Eovaldi!

Yeah, still hard to count, Pineda out.

We need a win tonight!!!!

Merlin1958
09-01-2015, 04:59 PM
2-1 top of the 7th!!! Toronto is tied with Clev. in the 7th as well.

Edit: Boo - Ya!!! Series even!!! Too bad the Jays won also.

Merlin1958
09-02-2015, 12:47 PM
For anyone not watching, 6-1 Yanks in the top of the 2nd. Bird and Murphy have two run shots.

Boston Sucks!!!!

Still Servant
09-02-2015, 06:02 PM
It drives me crazy when you have to use Betances and Miller in a game like that. Either way, a win is a win.

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Our boys in Da Bronx are currently 74-58 overall, with a big three games series coming up this weekend. Best guess, how many wins do they need to grab the division title? The way Toronto is going I'd say pretty damn near 100. What do you guys think?

Whom ever guesses the actual total or is close to it gets an entry into the 2016 HF Grand Prize on me.

Still Servant
09-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Winner of this division is going to need at least 95 wins. I would say 98 to feel comfortable.

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Winner of this division is going to need at least 95 wins. I would say 98 to feel comfortable.

That's pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Merlin1958
09-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Solid outing and win for, Severino this evening!!! Now, if they will just win tomorrow for my birthday!!! LOL LOL

Merlin1958
09-06-2015, 11:11 AM
:YYY: Holy Cow!!!!! McCann & A-Rod pull the Yanks fat out of the fire!!!!!

Merlin1958
09-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Bases loaded, nobody out, bottom of the 8th, 5-4.. Can we break it open?

Merlin1958
09-06-2015, 12:06 PM
And, Didi singles, 6-4!!!!

:YYY::YYY:

Merlin1958
09-06-2015, 12:11 PM
And, Miller in to close it out....

Merlin1958
09-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Bird is the Word!!!

8-6!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

allasorte
09-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Found this really interesting coming from a young guy. Great move! Could you ask for more?!

NEW YORK (AP) Greg Bird watched Baltimore manager Buck Showalter take the ball from Jorge Rondon and signal to the bullpen for the left-hander.

While Brian Matusz trotted in with two on, no outs and the score 5-all, Bird darted into the video room behind the Yankees dugout and asked for video coordinator Anthony Flynn and baseball operations assistant Brett Weber to show him a fastball and slider from the reliever.

Bird wanted to see ''just kind of I guess what it's sort of going to look like,'' he explained. ''Scouting reports don't necessarily do it justice. I'm big on seeing and feeling what it's like in the box.''

Less than 2 1/2 minutes later, Bird was in the batter's box. Three pitches later, he was the Yankees' Big Bird, hitting a three-run homer that bounced off the back of New York's bullpen in right-center.

Merlin1958
09-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Great post. Many thanks for sharing!!!

Still Servant
09-07-2015, 05:19 PM
What has impressed me most about Bird is his ability to hit left handed pitching. I like what I see so far. He's a little vulnerable to the high fastball up and in, but he will learn to lay off it. He's already very patient.

Some bad news though, Yanks shut down Eovaldi with elbow inflammation for two weeks.

Merlin1958
09-07-2015, 05:20 PM
What has impressed me most about Bird is his ability to hit left handed pitching. I like what I see so far. He's a little vulnerable to the high fastball up and in, but he will learn to lay off it. He's already very patient.

Some bad news though, Yanks shut down Eovaldi with elbow inflammation for two weeks.

Yes, but hopefully, C.C.can fill in for now. Tough loss though.

allasorte
09-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Great post. Many thanks for sharing!!!

I saw it on cbs and thought it was really interesting if no one read the article. I love seeing young guys stepping up for the Yanks and taking their job and playing time seriously. Like S.S. posted, that sucks about Eovaldi and hopefully it's just a precaution. Nice play tonight!

Still Servant
09-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Oh, boy. That's a tough one. Gausman has great stuff, but he shouldn't shut you down. You can't be losing close games like this at home this time of year.

I'm really worried about some of the mounting injuries. Now Gardner is banged up. I understand that the Yankees are a home run hitting team, but you can't always wait for a two run bomb. Sometimes you need to manufacture a run. Steal a base, hit & run, etc.

My biggest disappointment this year is how they've turned into a one dimensional team. I'm shocked at the lack of base stealing, especially from Gardner. 18 stole bases is unacceptable. There's more than enough speed in this lineup from multiple guys to be stealing bases from time to time. Hell, Paul O'Neill stole 22 bases (a career high) in the last year of his career at the age of 38. There's no excuse. Anyway, mini rant over.

Merlin1958
09-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Rain out, what a gyp!!! Double header sucks too!!

allasorte
09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Bad news everyone. Mark Teixeira has a fracture in his leg. Out for season. Greg Bird will take his place.

Merlin1958
09-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Bad news everyone. Mark Teixeira has a fracture in his leg. Out for season. Greg Bird will take his place.

Geez, if it wasn't for bad luck, Tex would have no luck at all!!!

Merlin1958
09-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Severino, is having a bit of trouble early on. Hope he can rebound. This is a HUGE series for the Bombers!!!

Still Servant
09-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Severino was due for a bad start. Sucks it had to happen in the biggest series of the year.

Merlin1958
09-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Severino was due for a bad start. Sucks it had to happen in the biggest series of the year.

Tell me about it!! With a freaking double header tomorrow they really could have used a win tonight. Shit!!!

Mattrick
09-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Double-header tomorrow guys!

Merlin1958
09-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Double-header tomorrow guys!

:Ball Kick: I mean that in the best way possible. :wtf:

Mattrick
09-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Tight game one. What if this game goes to 14 or something? Damn.

Still Servant
09-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Forget about the East. Start preparing for the Wild Card.

Also, I was at a double header at Yankees Stadium where the first game went 18 innings. The second game didn't end until 2 am. There was nobody there at the end of the game.

The most interesting thing for me going forward is whether or not the Jays can keep it up offensively. The Yankees have had some years where they blast people in the regular season and then their bats go quiet in the playoffs. It should also be interesting to see if Mr. Glass is hurt after that collision.

Mattrick
09-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I missed the collision.

So happy so see Stroman back.

Looks like they'll probably call this one after 5.

Still Servant
09-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Cracked shoulder blade for Tulo. I knew it was impossible for him to stay healthy for a full season.

Merlin1958
09-12-2015, 05:44 PM
:pullhair: Fucking, fuck, shit fuck, fuck-fuck[, bloody fucking-fuck!!!!!!! :pullhair:

Leave me be, Mattrick so I don't post something I'll later regret. Go and have a well earned rejoice in the "Blue Jay" thread and let me stew in solitude!!! Neither you or your team deserve the thoughts I am thinking right now!!! Fucking fuck-fuck!!!! :pullhair:

Mattrick
09-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Cracked shoulder blade for Tulo. I knew it was impossible for him to stay healthy for a full season.

It's a shame. He hasn't been super dynamic on offense, and with Martin getting his bat back, we'll miss his defense more than his offense. Hopefully, it's something he can come back from come playoff time. We won't know until tomorrow.

Bill,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_oBXzLNmw

Merlin1958
09-15-2015, 03:40 PM
A-Rod blasts #32!!! Man, this guy is having just an amazing year!!! Well we get our butts kicked by, Toronto and now have 2 in a row hoping for 3. Baseball can be nuts!!

Still Servant
09-15-2015, 03:50 PM
I loved seeing how pumped up Heathcott was after that home run yesterday. He plays with a lot of fire.

Merlin1958
09-15-2015, 03:56 PM
I loved seeing how pumped up Heathcott was after that home run yesterday. He plays with a lot of fire.

Yeah, he does. Also was nice to see, C.C. contributing for a change. The team has the components and grit. With the right timing they could make some noise in the post season if the stars align properly. The pitching is certainly there, IMHO

Merlin1958
09-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Yanks give Tampa the Bird!!!!

Merlin1958
09-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Severino, was back in form!! 2 out of 3 from the Rays!! Shame we missed the chance to gain ground yesterday.

Merlin1958
09-21-2015, 11:37 AM
HUGE series starts tonight!!! Where for art the faithful?

Still Servant
09-21-2015, 07:38 PM
They just couldn't get that clutch hit. Once Cecil came in they could have tied it up or went ahead. Instead, he struck out the side. Unproductive outs kills this team game in, game out.

Still Servant
09-22-2015, 06:32 PM
WOW!! Bird just hit a massive (in terms of scope) home run.

Still Servant
09-22-2015, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OXVPgu6urw

allasorte
09-23-2015, 03:21 AM
Yogi Berra passed last night at 90 years old :(.

CRinVA
09-23-2015, 05:19 AM
:cry:

Merlin1958
09-23-2015, 06:54 AM
R.I.P. Yogi!!!!

Merlin1958
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
A truly sad day in the Bronx!!!

Still Servant
09-23-2015, 10:22 PM
A sad day for baseball all over the country.

Merlin1958
10-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Boys? Can we please punch our fucking post season ticket tonight? Geez, they drop 3 to the Sux??? OMFG!!!

Still Servant
10-01-2015, 04:20 PM
This team has me banging my head against the wall this past month.

Merlin1958
10-01-2015, 04:49 PM
This team has me banging my head against the wall this past month.

Same here. They have continued, for the most part, to have strong pitching, but the bats are just crazy!!! I hope they find them and a groove before the playoff's start or it will be another early exit.

Merlin1958
10-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Beltran, Bird & Refsnyder all go yard!! Still, they are going to need to build runs with some timely hitting for the playoff's.

CRinVA
10-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Wow I was without internet for a few days (at a wedding at a Mountain Resort in way Upstate New York - Thirteenth Lake) and come home to the last game of the season. Geesh the Yankees lose 7 of last 8 and only get home field as the #1 Wild Card because Arizona beat Houston!

Things better change staring tomorrow! Tanaka better bring his A Game! Gardner and Ellsbury need to get back to form! I could go on but then I might have to list the 25 man roster!

Mattrick
10-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Good luck guys.

Still Servant
10-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Wow I was without internet for a few days (at a wedding at a Mountain Resort in way Upstate New York - Thirteenth Lake) and come home to the last game of the season. Geesh the Yankees lose 7 of last 8 and only get home field as the #1 Wild Card because Arizona beat Houston!

Things better change staring tomorrow! Tanaka better bring his A Game! Gardner and Ellsbury need to get back to form! I could go on but then I might have to list the 25 man roster!

Oh, it gets worse. I'm sure you've heard by now, but C.C. Sabathia checked himself into a rehab facility for alcohol abuse and will miss the playoffs. I have to say, this has got to be one of the more strange years I can remember.

I'm not sure what else can go wrong.

thegunslinger41
10-05-2015, 11:26 AM
HELLO BOYYYEEEEZZZZZ!!!

Will be interesting how the Yankees fare against my hometown team Houston Astros. The Astros limped into the postseason, but their offense started to pick things up the last few weeks. They do boast a stellar pitching staff. Maybe the 'Stros will make a run this year.

Go Stros!

Merlin1958
10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Well, we kinda limped in!! Let's see if we can turn it around and make some noise!!! :YYY::YYY::YYY:

Somebody get, C.C. a drink!!! LOL

Merlin1958
10-06-2015, 03:36 PM
:YYY: This is it, boys. The whole season rests on one game!!! :YYY:

Still Servant
10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Move along. Nothing to see here.

Bev Vincent
10-07-2015, 02:27 AM
Buh-Bye
-- Sincerely,
The Houston Astros

allasorte
10-07-2015, 04:35 AM
Can't win them all. Nice to see the Yankees with their problems make the playoffs. Their bats fluttered at the end of the season and had no momentum going in the playoffs. Unfortunately it happens. I feel they have too many older guys and need some young blood to rejuvenate their team, especially hitters. Too many guys slumping at the worst time. I think Kansas City comes out of the AL and the NL is a toss up between Los Angeles and St. Louis. See what happens. Hey, at least hockey starts Thursday for me! It was a fun season and hopefully the Yankees make the right adjustments for next year.

Still Servant
10-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Can't win them all. Nice to see the Yankees with their problems make the playoffs. Their bats fluttered at the end of the season and had no momentum going in the playoffs. Unfortunately it happens. I feel they have too many older guys and need some young blood to rejuvenate their team, especially hitters. Too many guys slumping at the worst time. I think Kansas City comes out of the AL and the NL is a toss up between Los Angeles and St. Louis. See what happens. Hey, at least hockey starts Thursday for me! It was a fun season and hopefully the Yankees make the right adjustments for next year.

True, they do have some older players, but it's hard to ignore the fact that they did infuse the team with younger players. Honestly, the Yankees are in what I would call a covert rebuilding process. Even with that, they were able to be leaders in the AL East most of the year and then make the playoffs.

Bird looks like he has talent. Severino got called up and looks like he can be a nice part of the rotation and Refsnyder is the second baseman of the present and future. Although I will say that it was odd how they called up Refsnyder for 2 games against the Sox and it looked like he was the second baseman and then he was send down almost immediately. I still stand by my theory that the Yankees were showcasing him for a trade. It's the only thing that makes sense. Also, Didi ended up having a nice year. All those guys and they still have Judge on the horizon.

allasorte
10-08-2015, 05:24 PM
I liked that they were infusing some younger guys into the line-up. I'm more concerned with overpaid guys on the decline. CC is killing the Yanks for what he costs. I never liked the free agent signings of Ellsbury and Beltran. Yes, I love Didi this year. I'm hoping Bird continues to be successful. Here's hoping they make some nice pitching additions.

Still Servant
10-09-2015, 06:32 AM
I liked that they were infusing some younger guys into the line-up. I'm more concerned with overpaid guys on the decline. CC is killing the Yanks for what he costs. I never liked the free agent signings of Ellsbury and Beltran. Yes, I love Didi this year. I'm hoping Bird continues to be successful. Here's hoping they make some nice pitching additions.

I hated giving Beltran 3 years and we all know his 2014 was terrible, but he was the best hitter on the 2015 team. It's crazy to say that.

Still Servant
10-20-2015, 04:09 PM
I know this isn't Yankees related, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up in the Blue Jays thread, but that trade for Dickey looks especially terrible right now.

That being said, the day that trade went down, I thought it was awful for the Jays. You just don't trade a top catching prospect in d'Arnaud and a top flight pitching prospect like Syndergaard for a 38-year-old knuckleball pitcher. I don't care if he's coming off of a Cy Young or not.

Merlin1958
10-20-2015, 04:19 PM
I know this isn't Yankees related, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up in the Blue Jays thread, but that trade for Dickey looks especially terrible right now.

That being said, the day that trade went down, I thought it was awful for the Jays. You just don't trade a top catching prospect in d'Arnaud and a top flight pitching prospect like Syndergaard for a 38-year-old knuckleball pitcher. I don't care if he's coming off of a Cy Young or not.

Perhaps, it is best to post this kind of thing in the "All things Baseball thread". Not that I disagree, it was a horrible trade in retrospect, but I have refrained from commenting in the "Blue Jays" thread out of respect. Even though they are currently looking very much like recent "Yankee" teams. I do not wish them any ill will, but changes need to be made in MLB franchises going forward. I do believe the Yanks have realized that and are committed to youth and the farm in the future. It may take some time, but they will be on the right track again. Of that I am relatively certain.

K.C. and The Mets seem to have it "going on" so far though, I do hope for the, Cubs just out of sympathy to their plight!!!

allasorte
10-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Would the Yankee fans be pissed about the Mets making it? I guessed Kansas City, but I disregarded the hot Mets and their stud young arms.

Still Servant
10-21-2015, 01:17 PM
I called the Mets in the WS a while ago and my dad thought I was crazy. I don't want to see them win, but it won't upset me.

They better win in all honesty. Although they have great arms, we saw how they were playing in the middle of the year with that offense before they went out and got Kelly Johnson, Cespedes, and Uribe and I have a feeling they are going to lose Cespedes after the season and Murphy.

Murphy, by the way, has been playing out of his mind.

Merlin1958
10-23-2015, 09:05 PM
http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/155285848/andrew-miller-could-win-reliever-of-the-year

Merlin1958
10-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Andrew Miller.....

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/155799480/mark-melancon-andrew-miller-are-top-relievers

Great game last night. Looking forward to the pitching battle tonight. This should be a very intense series.

CRinVA
11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Hey Bill what did you think about A-Rod's debut as a baseball analyst for Fox and the World Series?

And not yankee related but, how about R. Mondesi making his MLB Debut for KC in a World Series Game as a Pinch Hitter. Even though he struck out, what a memory! Hardly wasn't face haveing him PH against a 100 MPH fireballer!

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Hey Bill what did you think about A-Rod's debut as a baseball analyst for Fox and the World Series?

And not yankee related but, how about R. Mondesi making his MLB Debut for KC in a World Series Game as a Pinch Hitter. Even though he struck out, what a memory! Hardly wasn't face haveing him PH against a 100 MPH fireballer!

A-Rod should stick to playing!!! LOL

Still Servant
11-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I want the Yankees to adapt the Royals' offensive approach, which is how they used to play when they were winning championships in the 90's.

It's clearly more conducive to winning.

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I want the Yankees to adapt the Royals' offensive approach, which is how they used to play when they were winning championships in the 90's.

I agree and they appear to be going in that direction, save for a few contractual issues. I'm very happy to them commit to the farm system. Severino, Bird, Refsnyder are all viable. They just need to find a way to play them all. Especially, the Bird-Man!! Sanchez is doing well in the AFL, too. Maybe his time has come to back-up, McCann?

Congrats to the Royals!!!

Time to change the thread title again!!! LOL

Still Servant
11-02-2015, 06:11 PM

I agree and they appear to be going in that direction, save for a few contractual issues. I'm very happy to them commit to the farm system. Severino, Bird, Refsnyder are all viable. They just need to find a way to play them all. Especially, the Bird-Man!! Sanchez is doing well in the AFL, too. Maybe his time has come to back-up, McCann?

Agreed, but I'm not just talking about a youth movement. I'm talking about working counts, making contact, fouling balls off, taking the ball up the middle, going the other way, station-to-station, stealing bases.

2015 Yankees = 3 run homer and that's it.

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Agreed, but I'm not just talking about a youth movement. I'm talking about working counts, making contact, fouling balls off, taking the ball up the middle, going the other way, station-to-station, stealing bases.

2015 Yankees = 3 run homer and that's it.

I know just what you mean and I think the youth movement may somewhat reflect that strategy. At least to a degree. I don't think they were hoping for the HR out put they ended up with. Certainly the Pitching is moving in the right direction, good starter's, deep bull pen that shortens games. To be honest, I think they never should have parted ways with, Kevin Long!!! The fact that professional ball players (not only Yanks) can't seem to figure out the "shift" drives me nuts!!! I mean all this "Moneyball" philosophy and what not and you can't figure out it's easier to go the other way? That would put an end to that crap and fast!! I realize some may not be able to adjust, but everyone? LOL

allasorte
11-11-2015, 07:47 PM
The big trade news in Major League Baseball on Wednesday was the Yankees acquiring outfielder Aaron Hicks in exchange for catcher John Ryan Murphy, who goes to the Twins. Might the next domino to fall be a Brett Gardner trade?
Wonder what they can get for Gardner? I like him though he tailed off the second half. Seems like they are attempting to get younger. And I am not interested in trading Miller unless the get Kimbrel. A lot of nice starting pitchers out there if they are interested.

allasorte
11-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Authorities say an overdose is possible in the death of former Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson. I heard he was in a coma, and now he passed. What a shame.

Still Servant
11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
The big trade news in Major League Baseball on Wednesday was the Yankees acquiring outfielder Aaron Hicks in exchange for catcher John Ryan Murphy, who goes to the Twins. Might the next domino to fall be a Brett Gardner trade?
Wonder what they can get for Gardner? I like him though he tailed off the second half. Seems like they are attempting to get younger. And I am not interested in trading Miller unless the get Kimbrel. A lot of nice starting pitchers out there if they are interested.

It's possible this could mean Gardner is going to be traded. I would say that if the plan is to replace him with Hicks, then it's a big risk. Hicks was an elite prospect for the Twins that just hasn't put it together at the Major League level. He reminds me very much of Bernie Williams in some sense. He's a switch hitter, and like Bernie, might just take longer to develop. I feel the Yankees are trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Hicks, but I doubt the Yankees are planning on using him as a starter.

As for Murphy, it's tough to see him go because I think he did a great job as a backup catcher. It's kind of funny, but my dad and I were just discussing this morning on whether or not they will try to move Murphy with the way Sanchez is playing in the Arizona Fall League. I'm not sure if the two are connected, but Sanchez looks like he may have turned the corner. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot more for him to prove in the minors.

Merlin1958
12-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Great News!!!!!

The Yanks acquired, Starlin Castro from the Cubs in a trade!!! So 2nd base appears to be settled!!!!

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/article/159171944/yankees-trade-for-cubs-starlin-castro

Also, Site staff, time to change the thread title for 2016, please??? Your assistance is greatly appreciated as always!!!! Thank you in advance very much!!!

Still Servant
12-08-2015, 09:48 PM
I think this is a potentially great trade.

CRinVA
12-09-2015, 08:45 AM
I think the Castro trade is a definitely step in the right direction. It does leave Rob Refsnyder in a quandary though! Trade Bait???

I see Yankees have tried to snag Florida flamethrower, but the price may be too high and now I see them looking at a deal for a Houston 23 yr old flamethrower!

I still think Gardner and Nova are going to lose their pin stripes before Spring Training!