PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band!

theyspunaweb
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
wahh I'm crazy for rock band right now. I love singing, so this game is a more fun way to karaoke and play along with it and all that good stuff for parties.
So originally, I had a wii. And I thought I'd get RB for it. But then I saw RB1 pack for 60$ for my old PS2, the whole pack with drums guitar mic and game! So I got that. I found out later that you can't download tunes for PS2 and can't download most of the tunes on the wii versions either! Very annoying since it goes online...so what do I do?

I went out and I purchase a PS3 last night. and all of the PS2 equipment (except the game) works in it! I saved a lot of money on the bundle kit that usually sells for 189, but spent 400$ on a PS3 haha. No I just need to go back to game stop, and return my PS2 RB1 disk. And get it again...maybe from BB. Cause I bought the RB2 disk for the PS3. And I've been buying tracks online that I wanted....yeahhhhh

I'm so ready to crank it up and have every song on there haha. I can't believe I spent so much and that so many of the platforms won't let you access everything.

idk, my bff jill?
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I kill in Rock Band.

On Easy/No Fail Mode.
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/POW-lah/Pictures/CSI.jpg

theyspunaweb
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
haha I haven't tried no fail. Medium is the hardest that I can pull off so far, but that's after intense easy playing I am finally learning something/getting perfects.

idk, my bff jill?
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Hehe. I was just kidding. http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/POW-lah/Smileys/thicon_sweatdrop.gif
I play bass guitar on Medium and Drums on Expert.
I've never tried singing, though.
You must be very good. :)

Still Servant
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Are there more women like you out there and where can I find them?

We just downloaded a bunch of No Doubt songs. I've always loved them. Don't Speak is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's so much fun to play too.

college_ewok
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Spider webs is an awesome bass song, I can play it on expert.

ClicheGuevara
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Love the Rock Band. . should probably use that time playing my real guitar though. . .lol

theyspunaweb
02-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh when I said I play medium I meant on guitar/drums. Woops.
I can sing on hard and I spose expert (but I won't get 100%) if I know the song well. I have to play medium on mic if I don't know the song....the words are so tiny!

Still Servant! How funny/nice of you! I really am passionate about music, this game is so right up my alley since I never did really learn the guitar like I wanted when I was younger to become a real singing star...haha. I have a lot of friends that like to play, girls too, but I only know other boys who sing. And they usually hog the mic when I'm there!

I'm busy downloading songs and yeah, Spiderwebs+No Doubt is on there just cause of nostolgia/it being a girl song to sing :)

valtr0n
02-10-2009, 04:18 AM
We should start a TDT.com Rock Band group. I can do bass/guitar on Expert (except for just one or two songs.)

Theyspunaweb, add me to your PS3, username valtr0n. We'll play sometime. :)

theyspunaweb
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
ok...I've never done online play in my life ever! that is kind of exciting! I think that would be easy enough for me to do/comprehend, you might have to explain it to me though. my online (PSN i think it's called? maybe not) is BebeLabree.

valtr0n
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Alright, I'll add you.

You know you can rent the RB1 PS3 disc and pay $5 on the PS Store to add all the songs except for a few from the RB1 disc into your RB2 library?

theyspunaweb
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
that's what I'm going to try to do (I've been doing my research) my friend works at blockbuster and is going to see if she can get it for me if she has it, so then all I'll do is pay the transfer fee! It'd be really sad to buy the whole thing again...I will def. try to find a place to rent it :) I'm at work now till later, I'll probably play it then! :)

turtlex
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Woowhoo... I love RockBand and RockBand2.

My band on RB2 is "Gunslingers of Gilead" !

I'm best at guitar, but actually do okay with drums.

SigTauGimp
02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
I was waaaayy into Guitar Hero I(The first), so I've loved most musical games since...I really loves me some Rock Band I and II. I play expert on anything except vocals...I'm not much of a singer. =/

No PS3 for me, though...I have all my music games on PS2, and have only recently purchased an X-Box 360.

But if I'm ever over at a friend's rocking out on a PS3, I'll look you crazy kids up. :grouphug:

Still Servant
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
I can't wait for the Beatles Rockband game.

I'm dreaming of playing While My Guitar Gently weeps.

theBeamisHome
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
i LURVES Rockband! i play the guitar on Hard... if i play on medium i can get damn near perfect so it's not enough of a challenge anymore. i also sing on hard and i can play the drums on medium.. but i have a 360...

theBeamisHome
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Rockband also caused me to download some super awesome rock songs that i didn't know about before. Don't Fear the Reaper is my favorite.

theyspunaweb
02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
yeah! blue oyster cult!

It has had the same effect on me.

turtlex
03-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Beatles Edition of Rock Band... Out in September!

Includes instruments modelled after those used by John, Paul, George and Ringo!

I.Am.So.There!

valtr0n
03-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Did you see the price for the Beatles Rock Band game that comes with the instruments? $250!

turtlex
03-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Wow!

No I hadn't seen any prices, but I'm not really surprised.

I already have so many guitars and drum sets ( three guitars, two drum sets ) that I don't think I'll be getting the instruments... though they could be cool.

I think I paid $189 for Rock Band 2 with Instruments. I guess the extra dough goes right to the Beatles.... cause they need the cash!

theyspunaweb
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I haven't seen the beatles one...my boyfriend will go crazy. But it's MY rockband haha.

I bought the rock band set for RB1 for my PS2. for 99$. evreything worked but the game for my PS3 when I bought it so all around a good investment I think.