PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan!

Gunkslinger
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Off topic, but I reckon a few of us can appreciate the man.:clap::cowboy:

Gunkslinger
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I just had to give him some props today, being it his birthday today.

Jon
02-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Yes Mike. One of the best Presidents of my lifetime!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-07-2009, 12:54 AM
A few good Reagan Quotes might be in order: The man had a way with words

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.

Facts are stubborn things.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them.

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.

I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.

I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.

Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.

Today, if you invent a better mousetrap, the government comes along with a better mouse.

Trust, but verify.

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.

Hoot
02-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I wasn't alive in the Reagan era, so I don't have strong feelings for Mr. Ronald, but one of my [history] teacher's husband was Reagan's adviser and they attended the inauguration ball. =D

Judging from the quotes, I rather like the man.

Jon
02-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes Mike. One of the best Presidents of my lifetime!

I left a hole there because I didn't not know Johnson.