PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory of Michael Andrew Bender 6/25/87-1/12/09

Matt
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Last week I began talking with one of our members about some donations they would like to make to our Haven Fund Raiser.

During the course of our discussion, he mentioned to me that his nephew Michael had died recently and was a Dark Tower fan. Once I heard the story I knew a way to memorialize this young man would be to not only add him to our donation wall but to also create this thread as the substantial donation is being made to our site in his name.

I just wanted to draw attention to how something like this can touch people and to have a moment where we can celebrate the life of a young man we did not know who now stands in the clearing.

Rest in Peace Michael :rose:

I will leave it up to the member if they would like to disclose themselves in here but I hope everyone will leave a bit of thanks for the amazing generosity extended to our fund raiser and freelance artists by proxy.

sarah
01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
It is so sad to hear that Michael was so young. Thank you Matt for starting this thread and making the site aware.

Rest in Peace Michael. :rose:

turtlex
01-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Matt.

Rest in Peace, Michael. :rose:

Daghain
01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Very sad indeed. :(

Donating to the fundraiser in his name is an awesome idea, though. Maybe some good can come out of this tragedy.

alinda
01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
:rose:Rest in Peace Michael, I did not know you in this life, but I honor your memory, and am grateful to your family for their generous and kind donation in your name to this worthy cause.:rose:

Hannah
01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
This is a wonderful, sweet thing to do.

Rest in Peace, Michael. :rose:

Patrick
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
So sad to hear this. I hope you are able to find some bit of comfort in warm memories.

This donation is a very kind form of remembrance. Thank you to his family.

gsvec
01-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I love how we pay it forward. :rose: You're missed, Michael, but you'll live on here at TDT.com.

EXPLORER
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
:rose:Rest in Peace Michael, I did not know you in this life, but I honor your memory, and am grateful to your family for their generous and kind donation in your name to this worthy cause.:rose:

and as the Family celebrates Michaels' life and all honor his memory,
might I suggest.......
We each think to; EMBRACE A LOVED ONE AND GIVE THANKS

Sam
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

herbertwest
01-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Rest in Peace, Michael :rose:

lophophoras
01-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Gosh he was young. RIP Michael.

My condolences go out to his family.

Merlin1958
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd just like to extend my heart-felt thanks and sincere best wishes to all you folks for helping to keep Mikey's memory alive.

Your willingness to jump in, feet first, with thoughts and prayers for someone you do not know is very rare. You are all very special folks. Thank you all!!!

And place some auction bids!!! I would love to see us exceed Matt's expectations and I plan to do all I can to achieve that goal!!! As someone mentioned earlier Perhaps we can find a silver lining to this tradgedy.

Matt
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
I hope we can.

And the thread was my pleasure, I really appreciate the very generous donations. :couple:

Merlin1958
02-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I hope we can.

And the thread was my pleasure, I really appreciate the very generous donations. :couple:

And more donations are coming!!! You'll be in a pickle for the giveaways and auctions I hope!!! lol

I miss the Kid!!!:grouphug:

Merlin1958
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Whether you care or not, No pre-conceptions, a DT fan died at an extremely young age. (21) If it is within your means or your heart, the family of this departed soul is requesting that you do all you can do to help the Haven Foundation fund raising drive.

Be it a collectible book or cash all is welcome!!!! We the family of Michael are looking to this to help us through the dark times so Anything you can do do is more than greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

He was a Good Kid....and may he rest in peace!!!:rose::rose::rose:

alinda
02-03-2009, 03:50 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, rest in peace Michael.
We here at TDT.com will give all we have to this wonderful charity
again this year.(((((HUGS))))) It is such a worthy cause.:couple:

Matt
02-03-2009, 07:35 AM
It is a wonderful thing you are doing sir, using charity as a way to deal with grief is always a great way to go.

This site and all of our members really appreciate the effort you are making on behalf of the fundraiser and we're honored to celebrate the life of your nephew in the process.

I am going to merge this thread with the existing memorial thread so people can find information all in one place.

alinda
02-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Thank you Matt, for all you do.:huglove:It is a wonder that we can have
such a fine young ones memory be honored with our HH donations this year.:grouphug:

weathervane7
02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi; My 1st post here:doh:

I happen to know Michael's Family personally & my donation is on the way. May you rest in peace Michael:rose:

My condolences to your family as I've expressed in person:(

Matt
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Weathervane, it is so great to meet you. Bill said you were gracious enough to send something over and we really appreciate it.

weathervane7
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Matt;

A pleasure to meet you as well:excited:

I'm lost here:dance: I probably know most of you through Ebay:clap:

Any how, hope it helps & I will try to get here once in awhile. Shipped Priority from sunny AZ8)

J

Merlin1958
02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Matt;

A pleasure to meet you as well:excited:

I'm lost here:dance: I probably know most of you through Ebay:clap:

Any how, hope it helps & I will try to get here once in awhile. Shipped Priority from sunny AZ8)

J

She's Da Bomb!!! A great lady and she has a zoo!!!! lol lol

As well as a Bitching S. King collection for her AND her daughter!!

gsvec
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the boards, weathervane! If you need a geography lesson on here, just let me know. :) Check out Calvin's Corner under Manhattan Restaurants of the Mind - it's where all the collector-type stuff. Here's a link for ya - Calvin's Corner (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=9) - lots of threads to peruse!

And thanks again for your donation - excellent reason for your first post! :D

weathervane7
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Haaa Haa Mr Bill;

I ought to post my Pot Belly Pig rescue::rock:

Now she's Da Bomb:cool:

J

weathervane7
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey I know you too gvsec:rock:

J

Merlin1958
02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Haaa Haa Mr Bill;

I ought to post my Pot Belly Pig rescue::rock:

Now she's Da Bomb:cool:

J

LOL You know I gotta come by and check that out right? Where are you? on the otherside of the world? lol lol I'll bring the coffee you name the time!!!

weathervane7
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL; 20 minutes east of you on the freeway Mr Bill:)

Let me see, betwwen a Zoo that needs taken care of with lots of care & tons of cleaning all the time & a retired Hubby & oh Ebay of course, I'll have to figure out a time. LOL I go 100 mph all the time & I'm supposed to be retired. LOL:cool: We'll do it one 0f these days. LOL, Hubby just said lets go eat & so it goes with being retired. LOL

BTW; Gsvec; Thanks for the tutor offer. I'll try to get here once in awhile but as I said to Mr Bill, not much time. You are very nice 8)

Candice Dionysus
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Rest in Peace, Michael.

May we meet in the clearing when my journey is over. :rose:

Matt
02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I just got another stunning donation box in memory of Michael.

I am routinely staggered by the depth of generosity I have seen this year from all quarters. :grouphug:

Merlin1958
03-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I just got another stunning donation box in memory of Michael.

I am routinely staggered by the depth of generosity I have seen this year from all quarters. :grouphug:

Mind me asking who it was from, Matt? I'd like to personally thank them on behalf of the family. Was it "Rusher" (Shannon)?

Matt
03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
That was a while ago but you are correct.

Merlin1958
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
That was a while ago but you are correct.

Sorry, thought the date was 26th not the 6th. hey it was late!

Merlin1958
05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
:huglove: