PDA

View Full Version : Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98

Shannon
10-22-2011, 12:27 AM
I like that rumor a lot. I like him as a director, writer, and actor.

different_seasons
10-22-2011, 04:16 AM
different_seasons ... Send me the links for the caches you tried to find.

I already looked them up.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=45.2016667&lng=-69.46222219999999&dist=25&cFilter=9a79e6ce-3344-409c-bbe9-496530baf758

One was Drummonds Family Pond, almost there, thats creepy and see dear.

I'm trying again today at some different spots.

Rahfa
10-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Just heard a rumor that Ben Affleck( gone baby gone, THE TOWN) is directing THE STAND.

Watched THE TOWN last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Dunno what kind of job he'd do on The Stand, though.

Affleck's a phenomenal writer IMO & so far I think he's done a very good job at directing, so I imagine he'd do a great job. That being said, it could turn out like some other King movies where the movie itself is very entertaining but doesn't do the book justice.

I think THE TOWN showed he can direct action...the problem is even in a two movie series (like THE HOBBIT), I'm not sure everything gets adequately covered.

scstandpipe
10-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Just heard a rumor that Ben Affleck( gone baby gone, THE TOWN) is directing THE STAND.

Watched THE TOWN last week for the first time and really enjoyed it. Dunno what kind of job he'd do on The Stand, though.

Affleck's a phenomenal writer IMO & so far I think he's done a very good job at directing, so I imagine he'd do a great job. That being said, it could turn out like some other King movies where the movie itself is very entertaining but doesn't do the book justice.

I think THE TOWN showed he can direct action...the problem is even in a two movie series (like THE HOBBIT), I'm not sure everything gets adequately covered.

That's what's probably going to suck about it; I doubt the vast majority of the storyline will have its turn on screen. But, I guess this was expected, regardless of director, for the sake of time.

Rahfa
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm not even sure they're talking two movies....I guess I'm just assuming they are.

Shannon
10-22-2011, 01:29 PM
We always start with the caches closest to us if we're just looking to find them, but if we have time and want to go rock climbing or something, then I find some that are away from us.

The main thing is the GPS coordinates. Whenever you get to the coordinates it says, it's in about a ten square feet radius. Look for anything out of the ordinary, a pile of rocks (with the cache in the middle), look behind signs, look on the top and bottom of things. Most caches are either metal ammo cans or small film containers.

Did you look at the clues for the caches you tried to find? If we go out and can't find it, then we come back and look at all the comments that people left. We went out to find a "drive-through cache" ... looked EVERYWHERE, couldn't find it. Came back, and someone wrote that "I was driving, but my wife was able to grab it from the car without even getting out" so we knew kind of where it was after that. It ended up beind in a light pole, under a part of it that moved, lol. Ridiculous. Great hunt for that one.

Drummond's Family Pond: The clue says its under a rock. And people say they are switching items around (which we sometimes do, so bring a few small little cool items, nothing expensive or anything) one guy said he left a marble and took a bouncy ball, so I'm thinking it's in a metal ammo can.

Almost There: This one is in a blue cooler, it's on the trail (walk, don't drive, it's not that far, they say), it's "easy to find for my four year old", lol

That's Creepy: Close to the road, there are pictures on the page and one looks like it shows where it is (look for"View Gallery" near the top right of the page), HEY I see you left a message AND you found four caches, great! Including the Drummond's Good job! It's a lot more fun when you find them! lol When we don't find it we are super disappointed, but we use that as fuel for the next cache, lol.

See Dear: This one is in a quiet "wildlife watching spot", under the shade, a little bit of water running right now. There are two pics on this one too, but I don't see them as helping because all the snow and trees over there makes everything look the same, lol.

Glad you're getting into it! :)

John Blaze
10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
i've always wanted to go geocaching. One of the .netters told me all about it back in the day. Someone that lived in TX, i remember. Was it Boome, maybe?

LeftyWriter was a Texan geocacher. Him?

My sister and her family do this a lot and love it.

IDK, maybe. It was long ago...on a website far far away.

Ben Staad
10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I just finished putting DJ covers on twenty five of my SK books. For all the new collectors out there I highly recommend doing this. I found some very interesting things about my books doing this and it was actually fun...of course as I type this I feel a bit silly saying it was fun.

P.S. I also found out I have a giant security tag on the inside DJ of Liseys Story which I never knew was there. Now I need to read through the threads and see if there is anyway to remove this!

Brice
10-22-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1363-HOW-TO-Remove-Stickers-from-Books

Ben Staad
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1363-HOW-TO-Remove-Stickers-from-Books

Thanks Brice! Since this is a hard plastic security deal I think I need to start with the hair dryer technique.

Brice
10-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Or the suggestions in my first post in the thread. :P

Brice
10-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I just got the final issue of Antaeus (damn, that's a big magazine... More a book really) and four issues of midnight graffiti. I wonder if the bookseller who advertises the first state 'salem's lot will still sell it to me for $2500. :orely: maybe he'll give me a deal if i buy his lettered firestarter listed for $3500 too.

different_seasons
10-23-2011, 03:42 AM
We always start with the caches closest to us if we're just looking to find them, but if we have time and want to go rock climbing or something, then I find some that are away from us.

The main thing is the GPS coordinates. Whenever you get to the coordinates it says, it's in about a ten square feet radius. Look for anything out of the ordinary, a pile of rocks (with the cache in the middle), look behind signs, look on the top and bottom of things. Most caches are either metal ammo cans or small film containers.

Did you look at the clues for the caches you tried to find? If we go out and can't find it, then we come back and look at all the comments that people left. We went out to find a "drive-through cache" ... looked EVERYWHERE, couldn't find it. Came back, and someone wrote that "I was driving, but my wife was able to grab it from the car without even getting out" so we knew kind of where it was after that. It ended up beind in a light pole, under a part of it that moved, lol. Ridiculous. Great hunt for that one.

Drummond's Family Pond: The clue says its under a rock. And people say they are switching items around (which we sometimes do, so bring a few small little cool items, nothing expensive or anything) one guy said he left a marble and took a bouncy ball, so I'm thinking it's in a metal ammo can.

Almost There: This one is in a blue cooler, it's on the trail (walk, don't drive, it's not that far, they say), it's "easy to find for my four year old", lol

That's Creepy: Close to the road, there are pictures on the page and one looks like it shows where it is (look for"View Gallery" near the top right of the page), HEY I see you left a message AND you found four caches, great! Including the Drummond's Good job! It's a lot more fun when you find them! lol When we don't find it we are super disappointed, but we use that as fuel for the next cache, lol.

See Dear: This one is in a quiet "wildlife watching spot", under the shade, a little bit of water running right now. There are two pics on this one too, but I don't see them as helping because all the snow and trees over there makes everything look the same, lol.

Glad you're getting into it! :)

My kid and I went back out yesterday and found 4/7, including the Drummond pond one. Thanks, for the info, alot of that stuff I didn't know. The lady that maintains the Thats Creepy one messaged me that it was a spider inside the guardrail that had directions to the cache in a nearby hollow tree. It was my first time out and I thought it was going to be easy!

Are you on that website? I'm emphacia.

Shannon
10-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Brice, where are you seeing these items? lol

Brice
10-23-2011, 08:09 AM
I saw them in an advertisement in the sk issue of midnight graffiti (rainy season) . I believe you have that.

Shannon
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Brice: lol got it, I thought you meant the person that sold you the Antaeus and Midnight Graffiti also had those items for sale, lol.

different_seasons: I'm on the site as Ambannon (Amber and Shannon, lol). Geocaching is a lot of fun but there are some hardcore ones. I saw one where the clues were something like "It's in the middle of this lake, dive down 75 feet and go into the underwater cave ..." Insane.

Brice
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
LOL Shannon, i love you guys, but do you think if i found both of those items for about 6 grand that I'd be telling y'all before buying them? Hell, I'd be on a plane en route to their house immediately.

Shannon
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
lol, I figured as much. :)

biomieg
10-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Blehh. I'm waiting for a package from Betts Books and of course it has ended up in customs limbo... it arrived in The Netherlands four days ago but it will probably take another 4 weeks before I'll get it (I'm serious!).

Update: the package went through customs really quickly! Unfortunately, it was then sent to my old address (I moved to a different city over a year ago). After a failed delivery attempt, it was immediately returned to sender. So it should be somewhere over the ocean right now, flying back to David. I hope it gets back to him in one piece and then it can cross the Atlantic for the third time, hopefully to the right address. Third time's the charm, right?

*For the record, I don't blame David. It's an unfortunate mix-up, sh*t happens.

Tito_Villa
10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

biomieg
10-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Oh yes.

Randall Flagg
10-24-2011, 06:45 AM
What a disaster. I suppose as long as it survives undamaged it will all be fine.

Shannon
10-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't know where else to put this, but check out my new additions to my Stephen King Spreadsheet, COVER PHOTOS! I'm pretty excited about this extremely time-consuming new column. The little bit I've done so far looks great. Check it out:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9275/testoc.png

Merlin1958
10-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Don't know where else to put this, but check out my new additions to my Stephen King Spreadsheet, COVER PHOTOS! I'm pretty excited about this extremely time-consuming new column. The little bit I've done so far looks great. Check it out:

Congratulations, Shannon!!! You are officially more "anal" than I!!!! Knowing my level of OCD that'sreally saying something!!! LOL

:clap::clap::clap:

biomieg
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Looks nice (I also have an OCD-influenced 'database' of my collection). I don't understand the 'order' column though. What is the reasoning behind the entries in that column (i.e., why are the DT books assigned labels like 'Dark Tower Border 1')?

Brice
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Wow, that's great. I wish i knew how to do that sort of thing. When i want to know what i've got i have to look half the time.

DoctorDodge
10-25-2011, 02:45 AM

Impressive, Shannon, most impressive! Makes me think that perhaps I should do my own spreadsheet to cover what I've got in my own little collection.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-25-2011, 04:18 AM
When i want to know what i've got i have to look half the time.

What do you do for the other half?

Shannon
10-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Thanks guys, I like the way it looks a lot, but it's gonna take a lot of work inserting all those pics. :)

bio: The spreadsheet tab I started with is my "Other Books", reissue collections and such. And when I want to see things in the correct order, I sort by it: Holdorf 1, Holdorf 2, etc. The Dark Tower Border ones are the paperbacks with the picture in the center and then a border around it, like in the pictures. I haven't given it a name yet, so right now I just name it DT border, lol.

The ORDER tab for US First Editions and Signed Limited are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, and they go in order, so it's easy to sort.

biomieg
10-25-2011, 06:18 AM
That makes sense! It was the 'border' designation that threw me off.

By the way, the pics look great but they are a huge PITA when you want to rearrange the rows in the spreadsheet. I actually had a very similar Excel sheet a couple of years ago, with book cover pics and information. But everytime I inserted/deleted a row or sorted the rows in a different way it got all messed up because the pics stayed in the same spot while all the rest changed around... I pasted each pic in a cell but apparently they are floating on the worksheet rather than actually being part of the cell underneath. So be very careful.

The only workaround I know of for earlier versions of Excel is inserting the picture in a comment balloon, but then it will only be visible when you hover over the cell. In your newer version you may be able to change the picture property such that it moves with the cell, but I haven't tried that (but maybe you did and I'm providing redundant information here).

Shannon
10-25-2011, 03:25 PM
The pics floating around the spreadsheet was a pain in the ass when I first put them in, but then I found a way to keep them in the spot, no matter how I sort.

Brice
10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
When i want to know what i've got i have to look half the time.

What do you do for the other half?

:lol:
Those are the times when my few remaining brain cells can remember.

Shannon
10-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Yay, 1,000+ posts! I am a Demon Of The Prim! Nice.

George at C-Springs
10-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Placed an offer on a house today, after weeks of looking for the right place ... found this one after it was on the market one day, we were the first and only ones to see it. The area it's in is called "Point of the Rocks". 4 br/4 ba, 3 car garage (will use one for storage/workspace), about 2900 sq ft, nice kitchen, couple of fireplaces (living room and master bedroom), full views of Pike's Peak and the front range, sits on a .39 acre lot with a bunch of great Colorado "red rock" style boulders in the "backyard" (it's freakin' huge) which my son will just love to play on. Won't need any work immediately, should be able to just move right in. Future projects will include removal/replacement of some butt-ugly wallpaper, nice hardwoods instead of carpet in living/dining room, a deck (or two) and some landscaping in the backyard to show off the boulders (it's all brush now), and a swingset for the kids. Will find out by 8 PM tomorrow night whether or not the seller accepts the offer ... fingers crossed.

Shannon
10-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Good luck, it sounds great, and what's more important, is that YOU think it's great, which is pretty obvious by your description of the house. Hope everything goes smoothly! :)

biomieg
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm always curious what a house like that actually costs in the US. Here in The Netherlands it would probably be between €400,000 and €750,000, depending on the location! Of course we're a small and overpopulated country.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-26-2011, 03:45 AM
We in the UK have the smallest houses in Europe. The cost of a 'normal' size house in the USA would be several million £s here, for the same square footage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8201900.stm

George at C-Springs
10-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Housing prices are awful in Europe, it was the same way in Italy and Germany where we were looking at €300K-500K just for a 2 or 3 br. Well, things are definitely cheaper here, at least in this area of Colorado ... the asking price is $250,000, we're offering $245,000 and they pickup closing costs (about $5,500). It's a pretty good price considering location and amount of land, which is unusual for the "middle of town". I know the same money wouldn't even get you an apartment in other places, but that's why we didn't move there!

biomieg
10-26-2011, 05:07 AM
That's what I thought and I'm very happy you found this place at a very good price (IMO). I hope it all works out!

Merlin1958
10-26-2011, 10:32 AM
IDK about you guys, but that "chewing Pumpkin" at the top of the Forum page is starting to seriously freak me out!!!!

:lol1:

jemaher
10-27-2011, 10:52 AM
totally

herbertwest
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Going to spend 3 days in Amsterdam, for the 4 years anniversary of being with my scottish gf :-)

Shannon
10-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the four years! And even MORE congrats on Amsterdam! lol

biomieg
10-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Amsterdam is a great and beautiful city as long as you don't go to the tourist-y part.

Ari_Racing
10-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey all.

As many of you know, since last year (today is one year exactly), I started with a couple of associates a videogames company. We won one government contest to have an office and we're getting close the renewal date. And, in order to do that, we must achieve some requirements. One of those is to have a preliminary approval of a local funding, and one of the steps asks about how many Facebook fans and Twitter followers do we have.

So, if you people use any of these platforms and can lend a hand becoming a fan in Facebook and following us in Twitter, that'd be a great help!

These are the links:

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GoldMine-Studio/170220413006510
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MonoLoco-The-Game-By-GoldMine-Studio/293960890621359

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/MonoLocoGame
http://twitter.com/#!/GoldMineStudio

Thanks to all! :)

blavigne
10-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey all.

As many of you know, since last year (today is one year exactly), I started with a couple of associates a videogames company. We won one government contest to have an office and we're getting close the renewal date. And, in order to do that, we must achieve some requirements. One of those is to have a preliminary approval of a local funding, and one of the steps asks about how many Facebook fans and Twitter followers do we have.

So, if you people use any of these platforms and can lend a hand becoming a fan in Facebook and following us in Twitter, that'd be a great help!

These are the links:

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MonoLoco-The-Game-By-GoldMine-Studio/293960890621359

Twitter:

don't have a twitter but you have been liked twice :)

Jean
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM
bears have liked both facebook pages

Shannon
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Same here.

Merlin1958
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
And here. Alas no twitter though

Brice
10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I have a twitter, but i don't use it. I don't even know my log in info. I've liked both facebook pages though.

Ari_Racing
10-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks to all!! This is really helpful for me! :)

Clacke
10-31-2011, 12:25 AM
I don't do Facebook but I've followed both on Twitter. Good luck with it!

By the way, is anybody else having problems accessing The Collector's website? I keep getting directed to a domain registry site.

EDIT: It's back up and running!

Robert Fulman
10-31-2011, 04:54 AM
I'm going to leave most of the details out of this story, because most people would doubt that they could possibly be true (and they probably also demonstrate that I am incredibly naive/trusting). Anyway, in August I paid $150 for some Stephen King items. Because I had done business with the seller in the past with no problems, I PayPalled the money as a gift so that the seller wouldn't have to pay any fees. That was over two months ago, and I haven't received my items. After a couple weeks, I e-mailed the seller about the items, which I hadn't received. They said they had been sent (insured but not tracked), and that they would get back to me with details about replacements. Since then, I have sent a few more emails, and even a PM on this site, but I have received no response.

Because I tried to be a nice guy and "gifted" the money, Paypal can't help me out. I don't really need the $150 that bad, and I certainly don't need any more SK junk cluttering my house. I'm not trying to guilt or shame the seller into "making this right", and I have no interest in "outing" the seller. I'm just disappointed that this is how things turned out, and it seems like this is the only closure I'm going to get on this issue.

The Library Policeman
10-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Both Facebook pages "liked" Ari.

Robert, that stinks. Sorry to hear that. Sounds as if you have dealt with a bad apple.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-31-2011, 05:19 AM
That sucks. I didn't know the buyer wasn't protected with the gift option.

Mulleins

Brice
10-31-2011, 06:00 AM
I would guess from paypal's pov that since it was a gift nothing was purchased.

AKC
10-31-2011, 07:04 AM
I would guess from paypal's pov that since it was a gift nothing was purchased.

Also note that Paypal has begun charging 3% to the Sender of any and all "gift" payments.......

You do have the option of the recipient of the "gift" to get charged the 3% but, either way, somebody is paying it....

AKC

Room 217 Caretaker
10-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Excellent point Brice. It's a $ gift, not an item.

jemaher
10-31-2011, 08:02 AM
It is weird to me that so many people have had trouble with paypal. I have used it a lot to buy ebay and other items and have not had any difficulty. The only time i ever got stiffed was my dumb fault.

Tito_Villa
10-31-2011, 08:04 AM
So it is less than a week until my flight to Boston, staying there for 2 nights, then to Portland and Bar Harbour before traveling into the White Mountains. Does anyone have any suggestions of anywhere on the way i can't miss visiting?

Robert Fulman
10-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Just to be clear, my problem isn't with Paypal. I understood what I was doing when I gifted the money. I just miscalculated the risk that my stuff would never arrive.

Shannon
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Let me get this straight ... you made a deal with someone on this forum ... you sent them $150 ... you didn't get your items AND this person has been super slow/dodging your emails/PMs ... it's been two months ... and you DON'T want to out this person?

You are a much better person than I. If someone screws me, ESPECIALLY from this forum, I'm telling everyone.

Now, your items COULD have been lost/misplaced by the mail system. It's unlikely, but it's possible. But for the person to be so damn unhelpful and absent, it sends up red flags.

God
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Out them.

Brice
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, i'm not putting pressure on or nothing. I can understand not wanting to out them, but not outing them is almost letting someone else get screwed.

Robert Fulman
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Out them.Judge not, lest not... Oh, wait.

Merlin1958
10-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Well, i'm not putting pressure on or nothing. I can understand not wanting to out them, but not outing them is almost letting someone else get screwed.

Well put, Brice!!!

Rahfa
10-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Let me get this straight ... you made a deal with someone on this forum ... you sent them $150 ... you didn't get your items AND this person has been super slow/dodging your emails/PMs ... it's been two months ... and you DON'T want to out this person?

You are a much better person than I. If someone screws me, ESPECIALLY from this forum, I'm telling everyone.

Now, your items COULD have been lost/misplaced by the mail system. It's unlikely, but it's possible. But for the person to be so damn unhelpful and absent, it sends up red flags.

Totally agree....

The whole point of buying-selling on this forum (which I haven't really done) is because of the trust.

It's not a question of "out them," it's a matter of protecting everybody else. The person took advantage of a FREE selling site and then didn't stand by their product.

They either pay you $150 (and that's the way it is - if it was lost, it's their fault, not yours) or you blab their name to the rooftops.

Seriously - it's not about being 'polite,' but protecting the next potential customer.

The Library Policeman
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^

Ben Staad
10-31-2011, 05:57 PM

Totally agree....

The whole point of buying-selling on this forum (which I haven't really done) is because of the trust.

It's not a question of "out them," it's a matter of protecting everybody else. The person took advantage of a FREE selling site and then didn't stand by their product.

They either pay you $150 (and that's the way it is - if it was lost, it's their fault, not yours) or you blab their name to the rooftops.

Seriously - it's not about being 'polite,' but protecting the next potential customer.

I agree. I'm not a big time collector like you folks and $150 is a helluva lot of money to me.

Patrick
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Glad things are going well for you both in your lives, herbertwest and Ari!

Robert Fulman, sorry to hear things are going badly with that transaction. Personally I've used the gift option on Paypal multiple times in transactions with members here. I know it's conceivable to get screwed but these are members I've known for years on TDT (in its various incarnations) and now consider to be friends.

There are others here who I don't know as well but would consider using the gift option to save them a few bucks. If you feel that things are not on the road to satisfactory resolution soon, I hope that you will let us know, so that others can proceed with caution. Ultimately though, I'd prefer to see you made whole on your transaction.

Patrick
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
So it is less than a week until my flight to Boston, staying there for 2 nights, then to Portland and Bar Harbour before traveling into the White Mountains. Does anyone have any suggestions of anywhere on the way i can't miss visiting?
California.

Tito_Villa
11-01-2011, 01:52 AM
California.

But is Mr King there :)

herbertwest
11-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey all.

These are the links:

Facebook:

Twitter:

done :-)

______

Amsterdam was brilliant! Very quiet, and very different from anywhere i' ve been before.
The MOST surprising thing was how much bikes there were. Way more than people!

Ari_Racing
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks!!!

This guy eats Chuck Norris' clones every morning for breakfast:

http://f.asset.soup.io/asset/2488/2895_4cfc.gif

jemaher
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
now thats a very cool special effect

John Blaze
11-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Liked both pages, Ari, good luck

George at C-Springs
11-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Tito - If you're a WWII or naval buff, you need to visit Battleship Cove down in Fall River, about an hour or so south of Boston. They have the battleship USS Massachusetts (fired the first and last shots of WWII), the destroyer USS Joseph P. Kennedy Jr (played critical part in the Cuban missile crisis, battle in Korea, and was part of the Mercury and Gemini space programs), submarine USS Lionfish, couple of PT boats (only ones left in the world), the Russian missile corvette Hiddensee (only one on display in the world), and a WWII Landing Craft. You can go on and in all of the boats (except the PTs). Nearby there's also a Maritime Museum. It's all worth a daytrip if you're interested in this kind of thing; website is http://www.battleshipcove.com/

Shannon
11-02-2011, 04:46 PM
lol what is that from? That's great!

George at C-Springs
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Well, it's official ... the sellers accepted our offer tonight and we're going to be homeowners! Yay! Funny thing is, it's not on the home I talked about in my previous post (with the boulders). Those guys countered our offer (which really pissed us off), which made us reconsider, so we decided not to go for it. Two days later we found this new place just 3 blocks from the other one and it's much nicer, in a better area, it's bigger (2900 sq ft, 4 bdrm / 4 ba), already updated (new roof, new windows, new kitchen, new deck), and we got it for $2.5K less. About the only things I want to do before moving in is to replace some parquet with hardwood and paint a couple of rooms. The timing all worked out great; tomorrow's my wife's birthday (nice present) and after we close on November 30th we'll go the next day to open presents for my son's birthday on December 1st. Yay!

Shannon - That's classic Saturday Night Live, Celebrity Jeopardy ... Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek and Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery. How can Shannon'sMovies not know that! Shocked! Shocked I am!!!

DoctorDodge
11-03-2011, 12:58 AM

Shannon - That's classic Saturday Night Live, Celebrity Jeopardy ... Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek and Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery. How can Shannon'sMovies not know that! Shocked! Shocked I am!!!

To be fair, I didn't know either, at first. Then again, i'm a Brit, where we had the relatively shortlived Friday Night Live, so that's not so bad.

jhanic
11-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Congratulations, George!

John

Ari_Racing
11-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Congratulations, George!

biomieg
11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Awesome news, George!

Shannon
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Noooooo, I was talking about Ari's .gif in post #4824. Sorry ... Must. Learn. To. Clarify. lol

ShannonsMovies not knowing a classic SNL skit? Ha! :)

Great news on the house, Georgie! :)

Merlin1958
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Congrats on the New Home George!!!!!

On another note, check out this thread!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13777-Occupy-TDT.Org!!!!!!

Ari_Racing
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
<--------Anxious and nervous!!!

The Dollar Baby Film Festival I organized starts tomorrow. :)

CRinVA
11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Can't wait to hear how it goes! Buena Suerte mi Amigo!

John Blaze
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Ojala y todo salga bien, Ari! Felicidades!

Ari_Racing
11-04-2011, 08:39 PM
¡Gracias, mis amigos! :) I hope it goes fine as well!

herbertwest
11-05-2011, 04:59 AM
I am confident it will be fine !

Congratulations on your house George !

olverts
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Just finished watching an episode of the TV-serie "Sons Of Anarchy" where Stephen King did a guest appearance .
He sure does know how to act creepy :)

Room 217 Caretaker
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
My Granddaughter having fun with her Aflac Duck......worth watching (make sure your sound is up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLqqyyy_QQ

Mulleins

Merlin1958
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
My Granddaughter having fun with her Aflac Duck......worth watching (make sure your sound is up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLqqyyy_QQ

Mulleins

Too cute for words!!!! She's precious!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Robert Fulman
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
How about mine, now?

http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=1K2bWMkHxlI

(to clarify, no cute kids in my video)

Brice
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Oh, she is just adorable, Ralph. :D

Fsmdr
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
She is a precious one, Ralph. :thumbsup:

George at C-Springs
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Had the house inspection completed yesterday ($355 down the hole) and it went pretty well. No high-ticket or significant safety items found, but of course a bunch of smaller things (the house was built in 1986 so that was expected). Biggest ones for me, which I'll kick back to to the seller and hope that he will cover, are a new hot-water heater that was installed without a permit/inspection (he'll just need to have the permit issued and then the install inspected), water pressure too high (120 PSI vs 80 PSI max), dryer exhaust vented to a crawl space rather than outside (what were they thinking?), and the main breaker panel is under-amped (should be 200A, is only 100A). All in all though it went pretty well. Found out there was a huge storage above the garage which I didn't know about and that the deck has a permanent gas line for a BBQ grill, both nice surprises. The seller also offered to give us a big TV and nice entertainment center for the kids playroom that he wouldn't be using, as well as a small flatscreen mounted in the kitchen. Really nice guy, pro golfer, he and his wife are moving to a smaller townhome because the kids are grown and out of the house; closing day is 18 years to the day that they closed on it themselves! Next step is the VA appraisal, which will hopefully be in the ballpark.

ChristineB
11-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I want to be able to put my Texas flag in the country spot on my profile. :)

jhanic
11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Congratulations, George. It sounds really nice!

John

Randall Flagg
11-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Texas isn't a country.:tongue1:

The Library Policeman
11-07-2011, 10:51 AM

It's bigger than Scotland!

ChristineB
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM

BLASPHAMEY!!!!!!

It's my country. :P

Patrick
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Congrats on the new house, George. Hope the appraisal comes out where you need it to be.

Ralph, cute granddaughter. Now show us the video where you give her unsupervised playtime in The Closet.

Merlin1958
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Only things in Texas are Steers and Queers!!!! LOL

:tongue1:

Patrick
11-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Sergeant Foley is a member here?

oy-the-brave
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM

Man you really are a jerk

jemaher
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Moo...

Merlin1958
11-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Man you really are a jerk

Thanks!!! I love you too!!!!

jemaher
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
feel the love!!!!

Ben Staad
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Barnes & Nobles can suck it! I pre-ordered two copies of 11/22/63 with hopes that I would have them today and take them to the Sarasota signing on Monday. I knew this was cutting it close so I called them...per B&N the books would ship on the 8th which with expediated shipping would put it into my hands anywhere between the 9th and 14th. Well guess what!? The book did not even ship until today the 10th! I now will have two reader copies of this book which isn't a bad thing (I hope) but now I will have to pay for two full price copies to take with me to Sarasota.

I'm sick of companies that cannot provide accurate and honest information! :angry_002:

Merlin1958
11-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Barnes & Nobles can suck it! I pre-ordered two copies of 11/22/63 with hopes that I would have them today and take them to the Sarasota signing on Monday. I knew this was cutting it close so I called them...per B&N the books would ship on the 8th which with expediated shipping would put it into my hands anywhere between the 9th and 14th. Well guess what!? The book did not even ship until today the 10th! I now will have two reader copies of this book which isn't a bad thing (I hope) but now I will have to pay for two full price copies to take with me to Sarasota.

I'm sick of companies that cannot provide accurate and honest information! :angry_002:

YEAH!!!!! What he said^^^

Shannon
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
You can always sell me a copy. :)

Merlin1958
11-10-2011, 05:03 PM
You can always sell me a copy. :)

Well, you do, and I quote "Want everything"!!!! LOL J/K My man!!!

Shannon
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I do want everything. But, I've come to realize it is going to take a little bit longer than a year to achieve that goal. ;)

Merlin1958
11-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I do want everything. But, I've come to realize it is going to take a little bit longer than a year to achieve that goal. ;)

I know. Sucks, right? Wish I was related to Steve Jobs!!! LOL

Lost an Uncle, but gained an SK Collection, bar none!!!! LOL

Merlin1958
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
For all of those out there agonizing over what to give their significant other this holiday season. I offer you this suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgutYqbvRE

Shannon
11-10-2011, 06:21 PM
lol. My two favorite Lonely Island songs/videos:

Jack Sparrow (featuring Michael Bolton) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY&feature=relmfu)

I Just Had Sex (featuring Akon) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&feature=relmfu)

Merlin1958
11-10-2011, 06:37 PM
lol. My two favorite Lonely Island songs/videos:

Jack Sparrow (featuring Michael Bolton) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY&feature=relmfu)

I Just Had Sex (featuring Akon) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&feature=relmfu)

LOL Good One's, but you forgot.......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg&ob=av2e

And of course the classic.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

Shannon
11-10-2011, 10:19 PM
There's so many awesome Lonely Island videos/songs available ... Jizz In My Pants, the Natalie Portman Rap (so hot! lol), Motherlover, Sax Man, Threw It On The Ground, Like A Boss, Shy Ronnie, The Creep, Boombox ... Just found this one I hadn't seen before:

We're Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24fVEJyQKM)

Ben Staad
11-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I just wanted to point out that R.F. is the man!!!! Let's all give him a big round of applause and one of these :emot-cthulhu:

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I am surprised you didn't ask for a ZZ Top smiliey.

Ben Staad
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM

LOL! I don't think the forum could handle Billy and the boys. :emot-flame:

Merlin1958
11-12-2011, 04:24 PM

LOL! I don't think the forum could handle Billy and the boys. :emot-flame:

:biggrin1:

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.google.com/onceuponatime/tisp/

Sir_Boomme
11-12-2011, 06:41 PM
got another truck today a nice 2006 ford F150 4 door crew cab - sweet lookin' - waiting for the dealership to put on new knobby's and will pick it up tuesday.

my house is getting crowded...
V8 Fiero
2008 Miata
97 Dodge Ram truck
Harley Electra Glide with touring package and side car
5x8 enclosed DJ trailor
21 foot mastercraft ski boat
and now, the Ford crew cab

hmmmm... out of space... looks like I need to sale the dodge ram maybe

wouldn't be so bad... except it's just me....so I ccan only drive one at a time.... but have to pay for insurance on all of them
I think insurance should cover the driver (based on the most expensive vehicle own) instead of the individual vehicles

Shannon
11-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Very interesting reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google's_hoaxes

AKC
11-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Another Stephen King Sunday Marathon on AMC!

Watching Christine! Bad ass car......

Kubrick's Shining coming on in a little bit (on IFC). I'll watch at least long enough to listen to the Tuba play in the beginning.

FREAKY!!!

AKC

Merlin1958
11-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Another Stephen King Sunday Marathon on AMC!

Watching Christine! Bad ass car......

Kubrick's Shining coming on in a little bit (on IFC). I'll watch at least long enough to listen to the Tuba play in the beginning.

FREAKY!!!

AKC

I have "Christine's Autograph" (a tire print from the actual car) with a promise to never, ever ne run over by her!!! LOL

AKC
11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Looks like there is a Virus going around disguised as an email from the United States Postal Service about "lost or rerouted packages".......

https://www.usps.com/

BE CAREFUL!

AKC

Ben Staad
11-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I looked for the last hour and couldn't find it(discussion about "The Little Green God of Agony"...Has anyone else noticed that Children of the Corn references "a strange green God..." which I wonder formed or created the idea for the Little Green God of Agony. Just a thought and please move this to the correct thread if it can be found.

jhanic
11-15-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm a bit surprised at how many "new" members have started posting here since the S&S screwup. I love it!

John

Merlin1958
11-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm a bit surprised at how many "new" members have started posting here since the S&S screwup. I love it!

John

Yeah, I noticed too. Silver lining? LOL

Shannon
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Nothing like a little anger and frustration to bring people together. :)

WeDealInLead
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
For lovers of books and breasts:
http://coedtoplesspulpfiction.wordpress.com/

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

different_seasons
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Thank you sir may I have another?

Merlin1958
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Let's hear it for AKC!!!!!! Not only did I get a very reasonable deal for a couple of new additions, but the guy went above and beyond to send a dozen NYC Bagel's all the way to Arizona!!!!!

To be fair, there was a few awkward attempt's, but the man stuck to his guns and delivered!!!! How's that for a seller who goes the "Extra Mile"?

Many, Many Thanks!!!!! And before you ask, they are all gone!!!! The family descended upon them like rabid vulture's!!!!! LOL

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Brice
11-18-2011, 05:08 PM
You are nicer than me. The family would have thought oh, it's just another book and when they were gone...

Merlin1958
11-18-2011, 05:13 PM
From "The Godfather" ........"I have a weakness for my children as you can see they talk when they should listen" LOL LOL

Brice
11-18-2011, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup:

I want a bagel.

Merlin1958
11-18-2011, 05:26 PM
:thumbsup:

I want a bagel.

:FU:

LOL I just LOVE opportunities to utilize that "Smiley"!!!!! Thanks, Brice!!!!! LOL

Brice
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
<_<

Merlin1958
11-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry, Brice, but No bagel's for you!!!!! (The Soup Nazi) LOL

Ben Staad
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I may or may not completely hate the USPS! We will wait and see!

Ricky
11-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I just watched a video from the Sarasota signing. There was a lady that King was talking to even after he signed his book, and the guy next in line didn't even get to say anything to him. I felt kind of bad for him. :lol:

George at C-Springs
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
For lovers of books and breasts:
http://coedtoplesspulpfiction.wordpress.com/

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

My favorite quote from the site (yes, I actually read a bit of it) ... "Remember, books need covers, breasts don't".

Scott Landon
11-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Free book-

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13879-Christmas-giveaway&p=653256#post653256

Room 217 Caretaker
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Free book-

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13879-Christmas-giveaway&p=653256#post653256

Very nice of you. I already have a copy so I will leave the lottery spot for someone that needs a copy.

Good luck everyone

Mulleins

Shannon
11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I like turtles.

Brice
11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, THAT was random. :lol:

Merlin1958
11-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I like turtles.

That's nice, but you have no idea what they say about you behind your back!!!

:smile_002:

Shannon
11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh, come on! You guys haven't seen the I Like Turtles video!?

Prepare for awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Merlin1958
11-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh, come on! You guys haven't seen the I Like Turtles video!?

Prepare for awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Oh, Yeah I saw this kid on Tosh.O!!! LOL

Ricky
11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Jerome for the 11/22/63 promotional booklet. Arrived today, safe and sound.

George at C-Springs
11-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Same here, mine arrived today as well ... thx RF!

Patrick
11-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd like to thank Tom for the same.

Tito_Villa
11-22-2011, 05:04 AM
No problem Patrick, i'm glad to help out when i can!

thegreattim
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey guys, long time no chat. It's been like five months since I've been on the boards... stupid life getting in the way, haha. Just wanted to drop in and say that I will hopefully be around a bit more, as well as updating my collection thread in the near future. I also was one of the lucky ones to win the 11/22 S/L lottery. Hope to receive my book soon!

Ben Staad
11-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey guys, long time no chat. It's been like five months since I've been on the boards... stupid life getting in the way, haha. Just wanted to drop in and say that I will hopefully be around a bit more, as well as updating my collection thread in the near future. I also was one of the lucky ones to win the 11/22 S/L lottery. Hope to receive my book soon!

"Run Away!" and welcome back tim!

thegreattim
11-22-2011, 09:57 AM

"Run Away!" and welcome back tim!

Thanks, haha! Hope everyone here is doing well, fiasco(s) and all.

different_seasons
11-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Damn, snow.

Patrick
11-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Welcome back, Tim!

Aaron, what's up?

different_seasons
11-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Welcome back, Tim!

Aaron, what's up?

Nothing much! Last of the Christmas shopping is done, it's snowing and I'm going to bake cookies today. That usually involves studying the build schematics for hours before attempting the build. Going to try for the peanut butter cookies with Hersheys Kisses on them. Then I may ravage my wife if I can get the boys to play outside for a while.

John Blaze
11-23-2011, 06:32 AM
:lol: sounds like a plan.

WeDealInLead
11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Welcome back, Tim!

Aaron, what's up?

. Then I may ravage my wife if I can get the boys to play outside for a while.

High five!

herbertwest
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
This week end i was contacted by someone working in a major newspaper, asking if i could write an article about Stephen King.
A shortened and edited version of "5 reasons to love Stephen King", is now on the homepage of the newspaper. I'll put an english version online within the next few days.

:-)

jhanic
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to reading it.

John

Patrick
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Hope your day is working out exactly as you planned, d_s!

HW, I'm with John - that sounds interesting.

herbertwest
11-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to reading it.

John

They edited it (for putting it online), and i think it makes it a bit more difficult to read.. but i'll translate to english the whole version.

===

ANY GERMANS here?
My gf is taking window display pictures for a german company that supposedly have a magazine.. i was wondering if it actually exists as a mag, and maybe if it could be possible for someone to send an issue? It is called "DMAG" (website : http://www.dmag.de/dmag/ )

ChristineB
11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING all!!

I am thankful for this website and it's wonderful members. :clap:

jhanic
11-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Same from me!

John

Ari_Racing
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

Sir_Boomme
11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

ha ha.... I'm guessing you aren't having turkey today though ;)

but happy non- thanksgiving day to you ari...

Ari_Racing
11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
LOL I had chicken. Nothing fancy. But still...it's an important date for my DT friends :)

Merlin1958
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Interesting dinner conversation today. Found out that I will be changing my parental status and adding "Grand" to my title!!!!!!!!!

Won't know gender until 1/12 and arrival date is set for 6/5/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Ari_Racing
11-24-2011, 06:53 PM
HEY!!!! What a good news! :)

Congratulations, Grampa! I think now you need to start selling your books to buy presents for your future grandchildren. I'm positive you can start getting some stuff for..mmm. 10 dls? I'd pay that for your signed copy of 11-22-63 :P

Way to go! Congratulations again!

Room 217 Caretaker
11-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Great news

Welcome to the Grandfather club

Mulleins

Ben Staad
11-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Interesting dinner conversation today. Found out that I will be changing my parental status and adding "Grand" to my title!!!!!!!!!

Won't know gender until 1/12 and arrival date is set for 6/5/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Congrats! :clap:

Merlin1958
11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks, all. I'm thinking I'm gonna got with "G-Pop"!! LOL LOL

What ya think?

:rock:

The future "Derek Jeter" is in the hopper!!!!!

Ben Staad
11-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks, all. I'm thinking I'm gonna got with "G-Pop"!! LOL LOL

What ya think?

:rock:

The future "Derek Jeter" is in the hopper!!!!!

I think my southern wife uses P-Pop.

Merlin1958
11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
That's a good one, too!!!

:excited:

biomieg
11-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Awesome news, G-Pop!

Brice
11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Congratulations, my friend! :D

jhanic
11-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Congratulations on joining the club, G-Pop. I'm "old man" to my 15-year-old grandson right now.

John

ChristineB
11-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Congrats Merlin, I am partial to Grampa, but that is what I called my wonderful ones so.. :)

Dolso
11-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Congrats, Bill!! Grand-kids are wonderful!!!

I'm "Poppa Dick" to my grand-daughter (grand-son not old enough to talk) but then she has great-grands still around to so to keep everyone straight it's"Poppa Dick", "Poppa Danny", "Nanna Kay", "Nanna Dorothy" etc.

"Gramps" works too - that's what I called mine....... you could always be "Big Bad Bill" or "B-Pop".........

Congrats again!!!

biomieg
11-25-2011, 07:13 PM
I have been lying awake with a massive toothache for about an hour now (it's 4.13 AM here). Thank God for my iPhone and Calvin's Corner! And aspirin. It's finally starting to work. Sleep well, everyone.

Shannon
11-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Good night/morning BioMichaël!

Patrick
11-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

Congrats on your upcoming grandparenthood, Bill!

Shannon: Shhhhhhh! He just fell asleep.

herbertwest
11-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Blog : 5 reasons to read & love Stephen King (http://aboutstephenking.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/5-reasons-to-read-and-love-stephen-king/) : http://bit.ly/uS8aHO

willie3
11-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Blog : 5 reasons to read & love Stephen King (http://aboutstephenking.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/5-reasons-to-read-and-love-stephen-king/) : http://bit.ly/uS8aHO

Very good article.
Thanks for sharing.

Karl

different_seasons
11-26-2011, 08:18 AM
This is my 11 year old dog, Babe. She is on her way to the vet right now and it will probably be her last ride. I think she had a stroke, or something like it. She used to love this ornament for some reason and would remember it every year. We used to hang it so she could lay under it. I'm crying dammit.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_0634.jpg

jhanic
11-26-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. If she's as bad as you intimate, perhaps it's for the better. Tough, though.

John

Ben Staad
11-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about Babe, Aaron.

different_seasons
11-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks fellas, on a different note, after we moved into this house (and had the dog) I found a vaccination certificate for another dog of the same breed also named Babe. I know it's a common dog name but it was pretty cool knowing another dog of the same name lived here before us.

ChristineB
11-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Babe will be missed but will be waiting for you at the end of the path.

Patrick
11-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear about Babe, Aaron. :(

AKC
11-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Rest well Babe.

Godspeed.......

Shannon
11-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, friend. My girlfriend's parents dog Zeus died on Thanksgiving. Old age. 15 years old, whew! They were all pretty sad about it, which, in turn, made me sad. :(

CRinVA
11-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Congrats Grandpa. It's themost awesome club to be a member of. My grandson Tommy is just 18 mos old and we love hearing him say Grandpa, Grandma, Unca Brett, Uncca Bryn, Aunt Kara. Mommy, Poppa (his other grand dad) and Nana (his other grandmother). And that's just the names. All the other words too but our fave is ai-pane (airplane of course).

Brice
11-26-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that about your doggie, Aaron.

oy-the-brave
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Aaron sorry for your loss, i know how hard it is I lost my 12 year old whippet Cheetah and my parrot Cujo (who I had for 30 years) this year.

Ari_Racing
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry for your lose, Aaron. :(

Shannon
11-27-2011, 12:24 AM
11/27/2011 - I will be adding 159 new entries to the King's Short Works section today. If the server crashes because of awesomeness, I apologize in advance. ;)

Shannon
11-27-2011, 12:29 AM
DAMN. IT. After adding tons and tons of images to my Stephen King spreadsheet, I realized that, when I sort, the images don't sort with the rows and columns. Well, that was a big waste of time. Now, I am forced to go with my second option. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it frees up a lot of space by having the image only appearing when I hover over the cell containing the title. Not bad, I think ...

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4494/testezz.png

Shannon
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Before I dive headfirst into a lot of King's Short Works entries, I had to ask ... Does/Has anyone here played Plants Vs. Zombies? I'm playing a downloaded version for the computer right now, and I think it is the bee's knees. So much fun. :)

Pasiuk57
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
plants vs zombies is lots of fun and addictive-not like angry birds but addictive

Ben Staad
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Back to working for the man tomorrow. Hopefully I haven't forgotten how to be professional! :emot-cthulhu:

Shannon
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Spartacus: Vengeance (season 3) Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObQ_VCGu6w)

FUCKING EPIC. I cannot wait.

George at C-Springs
11-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Two days to closing on the house! Fucking epic! I cannot wait! :rock:

ChristineB
11-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Congrats George!!

Nice work on the SK Short Works Wiki Shannon, ty very much for this. :clap:

biomieg
11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Just came back from the dentist and I'm looking at either an apicoectomy or an extraction in a couple of days.

Fucking epic.

I cannot wait.

Patrick
11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Worked out a deal with another member/collector to obtain some matching number DT S/L books that I've been wanting for years. Fucking epic. I cannot wait!

Cloysterpete
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Plants Vs Zombies is great, played it on iPad, been waiting for a sequel for what seems like ten years. It's best played with touch devices though, your fingers are tapping all over the place collecting your sunflowers lol.

willie3
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Plants Vs Zombies is great, played it on iPad, been waiting for a sequel for what seems like ten years. It's best played with touch devices though, your fingers are tapping all over the place collecting your sunflowers lol.

Sounds fucking epic, glad it was worth the wait.

Karl

ChristineB
11-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Congrats Patrick!

Ricky
11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I think we're having porkchops for dinner. Fucking epic. I cannot wait!

Randall Flagg
11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Buttermilk batter fried chicken for dinner.

willie3
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Ahh, Jerome this old Georgia boy is drooling!

Fried chicken is the most important of the 4 food groups...

1) Fried Chicken
2) Buttermilk Biscuits
3) Gravy
4) Sweet Tea

Karl

Merlin1958
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Fucking Epic!!!

ChristineB
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Turkey Enchiladas here, these are so wonderful, the inside is made with salsa and cream chesse with the left over turkey ( I usually use chicken), mmmm good. :)

ChristineB
11-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Ahh, Jerome this old Georgia boy is drooling!

Fried chicken is the most important of the 4 food groups...

1) Fried Chicken
2) Buttermilk Biscuits
3) Gravy
4) Sweet Tea

Karl

5) Mashed Potatoes

Yes there are 5 food groups in the south. :)

Merlin1958
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Turkey Sandwhiches here from left-over "Ruth Chris's" Thanksgiving!!!! Man they had an awesome gravy!!!!

The Library Policeman
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
FUCKING EPIC!!! LITERALLY.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/kingpix/stand.jpg

jhanic
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Very nice! Congratulations!

John

The Library Policeman
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Very nice! Congratulations!

John

Had this a while John. Was just joining in with the "epic" theme the thread had taken on recently.

Well, they do say If you have to explain a joke.............................................

:ninja:

Patrick
11-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks, Christine, it has been a long wait and has taken the assistance of a couple different member/collectors along the way. Won't be a complete matching set yet but almost there. I'll post details when they're in my hot little hands.

Turkey Enchiladas here, these are so wonderful, the inside is made with salsa and cream chesse with the left over turkey ( I usually use chicken), mmmm good. :)
Mexican is my favorite food group. Fucking epic! I cannot wait!... to be invited to your house for dinner.

Shannon
11-28-2011, 07:00 PM
lol thanks for the laughs after a long day of stupidness. :)

NOT fucking epic.

Patrick
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Fucking epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUf8reRSImk

Shannon
11-29-2011, 12:15 AM
There are now 238 entries in the King's Short Works section. My fingers hurt. Hopefully it won't be another few months before I add some more, lol.

Patrick
11-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Very impressive, Shannon! Great job!

biomieg
11-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Good work! I plan to finally finish the proof entries this week (but that's a lot less work).

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-29-2011, 06:09 AM
There are now 238 entries in the King's Short Works section. My fingers hurt. Hopefully it won't be another few months before I add some more, lol.

You could have put on a link to the actual Pop of King articles online. You're not doing anything else right now are you? :)

ChristineB
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Patrick, you are welcome anytime, just knock. :)

Don't worry about the Great Dane that may remind you of Cujo when you do knock, she likes to scare the whits out of people that come to the door.

Merlin1958
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
LOL That was great, Patrick!!!!

Randall Flagg
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Yesterday I saw the movie Jack and Jill. Terrible, not funny at all. 1/6 beers.

DoctorDodge
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
A whole beer? Wow, that's higher than my expectations, at least! :P

Randall Flagg
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Only 1 out of six beers.

Merlin1958
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Only 1 out of six beers.

You should have gone to see "The Immortals". Now that was Fucking Epic!!!!

DoctorDodge
11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Only 1 out of six beers.

Exactly: Jack and Jill looked absolutely god awful from the poster alone, never mind the trailer! The whole film? Don't think I could be able to sit through that!

carlosdetweiller
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Only 1 out of six beers.

Exactly: Jack and Jill looked absolutely god awful from the poster alone, never mind the trailer! The whole film? Don't think I could be able to sit through that!

It must have been Mrs. Flagg's idea to go see that one.

Shannon
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
MRT, I was thinking about doing that, but decided against it. I would rather the info on the pages be self-contained rather than link to an outside source. Maybe when I do an index of everything I'll include a link to the website next to the name of the short work.

Brice
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey shannon, i think you did wonderful work on the catalog. Oh, i accidentally deleted it all. Do you think you could repost it? :)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey shannon, i think you did wonderful work on the catalog. Oh, i accidentally deleted it all. Do you think you could repost it? :)

It would have been brilliant if we could have hidden all the entries for a day. So evil.

Brice
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
:lol: i think he might cry if we did that.

Shannon
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
lol, thanks and HA so evil. Wouldn't cry though, I'd find my way to Lettiland and cut me up some Bricesteaks.

AKC
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
How do I change my name above my Avatar?

I think it's time, now that everybody knows me as "AKC", that I make the change officially.....

AvidKingCollector

Randall Flagg
11-30-2011, 05:25 PM
How do I change my name above my Avatar?

I think it's time, now that everybody knows me as "AKC", that I make the change officially.....

AvidKingCollector
You can't change it, no more than you can change your screen name. Only I (and Patrick, Hannah, Michael and God) can do that. At one time "Gold Members" could change their user title by earning Beam Bucks, but we don't do that anymore.
You can request a one-time name change.

AKC
11-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I am requesting a One-Time Screen Name Change.....

Formally: avidkingcollector

Now: AKC

Thanks to SHANNON for giving me this name several, several months ago.....

AKC

Randall Flagg
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I am requesting a One-Time Screen Name Change.....

Formally: avidkingcollector

Now: AKC

Thanks to SHANNON for giving me this name several, several months ago.....

AKC
Make an official request in the
One time name change--titles are by post count (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?907-One-time-name-change-titles-are-by-post-count)
thread and your wish will be granted.

Patrick
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Much like the investments I made in my VCR and digital clock radio, TDT.org provides me many technical functions that I have no real idea how to access.