PDA

View Full Version : When you play “The Barber of Seville” backwards, can you hear satanic messages?

Whitey Appleseed
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Subtitle: Or is Andy a Major League Manager in another world?

Late in The Wolves of the Calla, “Eddie and Tian Jaffords went looking for Andy and came upon him standing by himself at the wide and dusty junction of East and River Roads, singing at the top of his…”

This section is a real hoot, almost Eddie talking to the writer, SK...you have to read it again to appreciate it, but Eddie cuts off the narration and begins talking..."Nope"...not lungs...
So begins section 10 of Chapter VI: Before the Storm in Part Three: The Wolves, may it do ya…page 821 in my copy. Eddie and Tian are talking about boxes, an intriguing word, considering what’s coming for Andy.

“They were in plain view of Andy, but the robot ignored them completely, singing what sounded like opera in a language Eddie couldn’t understand. Every now and then Andy held his arms up or crossed them, the gestures seemingly part of the song he was singing.”

Eddie and Tian continue their discussion of boxes. Meanwhile, Andy is playing traffic cop at the intersection…or is he signaling, help me out with the characters to come…Algul Siento? The place?… I saw the…Orange Bowwl, I guess and the coaching staff of Oklahoma during the recent Gator-Sooner fooltball game…(Go Gators!…happened to be in the O’Connell Center during a visit by ex-president Ford and some wise acre was asking Ford what the UsofA should do about the containment of Menachem Begin while some other hapless man was having a fit across the floor and twenty aisles up and the Secret Service detail seemed bored, Ford even more so…should have used that one for the Entertainment experience…but Rachel Scott was the name this chick used when she didn’t want to be bothered by suitors…how was I s’posed to know it was also the name of a young lady shot dead? Google, my boy, google…today, Callahan would be entering cyber cafes instead of librarys…yeah, so I felt like an ass. Say true. Need body language, I guess, rubbing at left temple, talking like Shirley Temple…I feel pretty, O! so pretty!)

Tangents…saw the coaching staff doing the hustle. What can you say? So Andy is acting like a major league manager, or as memory serves, a sidelines coach, two of them—to confuse the opposing team—are on the sidelines crossing arms, hustling their balls, giving us a New Age cheer, a variation on the fabled Bronx Cheer—and I wonder who was watching…you know, all those mini-camcorders hidden around the Calla, Andy, singing Vivaldi, for all I know, some kind of hidden code…the pearl is in the liver!

So what say? Think there’s anything to it? Can one hear satanic messages when one spins “The Barber of Seville” backwards? River Road…h’mmm…from Michigan, but there is a River Rouge associated with the Detroit area…Tigers….Sparky Anderson…hoot, snicker…well, Andy does sparkle, nessy pa? Oh how he sparkles! Oh how he shines! The lights in his eyes are now hard to find!

And guldarnit, now Rosalita has to get a new outhouse…and maybe that’s why there’s a three-hour delay in Susannah’s switches?

razz
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry, but what?

BillyxRansom
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry, but what?

Gonna have to second this sentiment.

flaggwalkstheline
01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Fairly incomprehensible
I like it:clap:

obscurejude
01-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry, but what?

Gonna have to second this sentiment.

Third.

sarah
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm closing this thread and moving it to The Clearing. Whitey Appleseed, you can PM me if you'd like me to reopen it.

Thanks, maerlyn