PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting paid by the hour and getting older by the minute

Gunkslinger
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
This was the first riddle I wrote on TDT.net. Some of the old-timers, i.e Jon, might remeber it. I figured to give it a whirl here. I wish I could retrieve some of the riddles I wrote back in the day.:doh:

Alone, I fall silent.

I hold fast the generations.

I can be seen in the windows of your soul.

What am I?

alinda
01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
tears ?

B Rag
01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Tree!

Though I'm not sure how the third clue would work..

Gunkslinger
01-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Tree!

Though I'm not sure how the third clue would work..

You speak true a treed goose for you.

The third clue is the "Purkinje tree" a pattern of blood vessels in the retina of the eye. Look at a blank wall in a dark room and shine a penlight upward at your eye and you'll see the dendritic braches of a tree. For further information:

http://francesblogg.blogspot.com/2005/10/purkinje-tree.html

Well done!

B Rag
01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks! And thanks for the new info about eyes. :rock:

Jon
01-12-2009, 08:51 AM
This was the first riddle I wrote on TDT.net. Some of the old-timers, i.e Jon, might remeber it. I figured to give it a whirl here. I wish I could retrieve some of the riddles I wrote back in the day.:doh:

Alone, I fall silent.

What am I?

I thought I e-mailed them to you. It was a pain in the ass. I can think of only a handful of folks I would do that for. (you being one, Mike.)

I'll see if I was using my Gmail account to send it, if so...I should have a copy.

Gunkslinger
01-12-2009, 11:23 AM

Alone, I fall silent.

What am I?

I thought I e-mailed them to you. It was a pain in the ass. I can think of only a handful of folks I would do that for. (you being one, Mike.)

I'll see if I was using my Gmail account to send it, if so...I should have a copy.

Yes, you did Jon. I saved it on my old computer's hard drive and it later bit the dust. I lost all my files. :doh:

My body's hard drive also has a bit of a problem retrieving saved files. Haha!

Maturins_Daughter
01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Now Gunky...you know better than to talk about your body's hard drive around us susceptible women :excited:

:P

Gunkslinger
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Now Gunky...you know better than to talk about your body's hard drive around us susceptible women :excited:

:P

Someone's mind is in the gutter.:P

Jon
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM
OOps I forgot to look. I'll get to it soon. This is why I let Gmail have all my files. An almost perfect backup.

I am concerend That I used a Hotmail account to send it though. I'll get back to you soon on this.