PDA

View Full Version : Our Annual Haven Foundation Fundraiser--Past, Present, Future

Matt
01-05-2009, 10:21 AM
We have a lot of new members all the time so I decided to create a thread to explain our Haven Foundation Fundraiser. Since everyone who visits the site can read this forum, it might help to answer standard questions about what we're doing.

The Past

TheDarkTower.com was launched on May 19th, 2007. Early in 2008 when we began thinking of how to celebrate our year on the internet the idea to try and "give back" to Stephen King through his cause rose to the top at once.

So we launched an idea to raise as much money as possible for The Haven Foundation (http://www.thehavenfdn.org/). Stephen King started the charity to help freelance artists like Frank Muller who suffered a terrible accident and could no longer perform recorded books. Frank was perhaps the best in the business in my personal opinion. Raising money for this cause is very near and dear to me because I am a huge fan of recorded books and freelance artists as a whole. I'm sure I speak for the entire staff when I say raising money for this cause is something that makes a person feel real good. :thumbsup:

TheDarkTower.com donates 100% of the money we collect to Haven including things like shipping costs and Paypal fees. :grouphug:

Last year, we began set our goal at $1000.00 to start and smashed it early on. Our total donation of behalf of this site was $3307.00...a number that made this community stand up and cheer when the cashiers check was mailed out and received by The Haven Foundation. There is a list of everyone that contributed on our home page (http://www.thedarktower.org)--some very big names there and we're getting them all back (plus a few more) this year.

We had games, auctions, merchandise and our climactic Giveaway at the end where everyone who participated had a chance at some great collectibles. You can see video of the drawings and what prizes were given away here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=6584).

It was a wonderful experience and we're already in full swing this year.

The Present:

As you can see by our donation bar on our main forum page (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/index.php), we are already knee deep in our goal for this year. We would like to go bigger and better (like we know we can) so the goal is set at $5000.00 and it would be phenomenal if our community could come up with it over the next five months.

Fundraiser ends 5/19/09

So here is a very quick link list to all the things we have going on for our Fund Raiser this year. This post will be updated as things progress.

Donations (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=6455)--please see this link to make a paypal, check or money order donation

A mere $10.00 donation gets you an entry into our main giveaway and grand prize drawing
Every $10.00 after that is an entry in to the main giveaway
Only one entry per member for the Grand Prize drawing

!!Coming Soon!!--our list of 25 highly collectible items for the big Giveaway--we'll be paryting with more video's and an even cooler set up. :rock:
Auctions (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/DTbay.php)--watch our banner and this forum for auctions on great collectibles at very reasonable prices

Members who donated the items get sale equivalent in entries
Buyer will receive one entry per auction purchase

The DT.com Store (http://www.cafepress.com/growbag)--Very good deals on original fan art and TDT.com merchandise. 100% of the very reasonable mark up goes to The Haven Foundation
All kinds of fun games so everyone has a chance at a giveaway entry. Totally free to join and enjoy

For those who are already participating you may find information about how to find out how many entries you have here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=6481).

The staff at TheDarkTower.com believes the best thing we can do as a community is motivate eachother to give back to those in need. As a group, we can make wonderful things happen.

The Future

TheDarkTower.com will be holding this fundraiser annually for as long as it exists. I believe it gives a half year (roughly) to be purpose driven towards a goal and that makes our community even more unified, more popular and stronger everytime we reach for what else we can do.

Hopefully this helps, I'm on vacation and had meant to do it for a while :rose:

gsvec
01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Great recap, Matt - and thank you as always! :couple:

sarah
01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for breaking it all down. :D

Matt
01-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks you guys. Hopefully it will be helpful for anyone looking for information all in one place. :cowboy:

Patrick
01-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Great summary, Matt. This site, thanks to its wonderful members, rocks.

Matt
01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
It really does :wub:

Ms. Mod on the SKMB is going to allow me to pin a thread over there about this. She is very impressed with the results of our fundraisers and wants to lend a hand as much as possible.

(I really ask a lot of her)

Matt
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
You guys would not believe the donations we are getting for 2009. The rest of the auctions and giveaway are going to be Amazing!!

Matt
01-21-2009, 07:45 AM
A package arrived from one of the members on the SKMB. You guys are going to LOVE this. :excited:

Matt
01-21-2009, 08:40 AM
I'd also like to give a board shout out to Mike Perkins who was kind of enough to contact me concerning our Fund Raiser. :rock:

Mike does the artwork for the new Marvel Series...The Stand.

turtlex
01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh, that's so cool to hear.
He's an AWESOME artist!
It's wonderful to know he's a good guy, as well.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/609/medium/CaptTripsHC_PerkinsGatefoldVariantCover.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/609/CaptTrips3PerkinsVariant.jpg

Matt
01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
He has something very special planned for us. :ninja:

turtlex
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Oh, be still my comic collectors heart !

Hannah
01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
i'd like to resign my position as director so I can participate in the giveaway. as soon as it's over i will rescind my resignation.

:P

Matt
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
SHIT!!

I didn't know we could do that. :lol:

Daghain
01-21-2009, 11:35 AM
You can't. :P

Brice
01-22-2009, 05:48 AM
The directors are all gonna' demote each other. :rofl:

Merlin1958
01-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Brice,

I have to tell ya I love that quote Re your Certificate. Its a classic. Keep doing that voodoo, that you do, so well!!!! lol :cool::cool:

Matt
01-27-2009, 08:47 AM
All of this weeks auctions are now open. :rock:

Matt
01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
And they are already HOT, HOT, HOT!! :lol:

Merlin1958
01-27-2009, 10:48 AM
And they are already HOT, HOT, HOT!! :lol:

Placed a bid on the Jae Lee item!! (Ok, I admit it just posted for the 100th post) lol But still looks like a nice item!!

Matt
01-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the bid, it really is a cool item.

We had Jae Lee visit us in Vegas when we had our gathering, great guy :thumbsup:

Matt
02-05-2009, 05:22 AM
I have over 100.00 in donations I still need to add to the donation bar and 4 new auctions to put up....oh, and work. :lol:

I promise it will all happen today!

alinda
02-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks Matt, I sent what I could, who knows maybe I'll win the sweepstakes before the big day!! :wtf: After that we'll all think we won the big prize, cuz the "party" will be awesome":huglove:

turtlex
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
:nana: waiting on the new auctions :nana: waiting on the new auctions :nana:

Matt
02-05-2009, 09:49 AM
:lol:

I have them scheduled for tomorrow but thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and start them today. :thumbsup:

Matt
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I am going to have to ramp the auctions so expect to see a new set of auction opportunities up tomorrow. :clap:

turtlex
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
It's like an late Christmas / early Hannukah thing!

Way coooooooool !

Matt
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
:rock:

It's really cool. Not only that, but Dora is informing me two more boxes were delivered today :clap:

Matt
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
One of our next auctions will be for only 18 or over :ninja:

Matt
02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
The new auctions may start a little early as I will be out of town this weekend.

Me and my sweetie are going to Ouray to stay in a mountain condo for Valentines. :wub:

alinda
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
OOOOOH, have fun you two ;) :huglove:

Matt
02-13-2009, 07:27 AM
We sure will. The hot pots should be fun since it snowed like...2 feet here last night. :lol:

Auctions are going up today since I'm leaving town.

Matt
02-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Figured I'd post a pic of the pile of boxes I have collected. :lol:

The wonderful items that were inside are being stored in their own safe place.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/clutter.jpg

Matt
02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
My apologies on everyone waiting for their package. Going away last weekend really threw me off. :doh:

I will be completely caught up and everything mailed by the end of this week.

Merlin1958
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
My apologies on everyone waiting for their package. Going away last weekend really threw me off. :doh:

I will be completely caught up and everything mailed by the end of this week.

Ummmm.... Could you forward that UK Dead Zone in my package? lol lol

I gotta have that!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Matt
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Good luck Merlin!

I just wanted everyone to know we are up to 21 giveaway items out of 25. Once I have them all locked down I will announce them.

For anyone with cool collectibles they would like to donate, there is still time to get in and I would really appreciate anything you can do.

Matt
03-10-2009, 07:26 AM
To follow up on that last post, we are very close to getting this done.

I cannot stress enough to the members here how important it is to send your $10.00 in and get an entry for this giveaway list. It is an amazing opportunity to own some really cool collectibles and at least one that cannot be had anywhere else.

Mail me a check-cash, whatever you have to do but be a part of this! You will literally kick yourself if you don't. :grouphug:

Brice
03-10-2009, 07:30 AM
literally??? :cyclops:

:P

Matt
03-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Literally, it may be a little kick or a big kick. But a kick there will be.

Brice
03-10-2009, 07:41 AM
:lol:

mia/susannah
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I am happy to be able to participate this year. I am so looking forward to receiving The Shining soon. I hope I can win the Desperation that I bid on as well. Thanks to everyone who is participating and Matt for arranging.:huglove:

Matt
03-10-2009, 09:03 AM
It's in the mail right now Mia--I hope you get it soon too.

Very fine book.

mia/susannah
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Thank you Matt. I went ot the Dark TOwer Store and they don't take paypal. :pullhair:
I don't have a credit card so I couldn't order my mug so I did the next best thing, donated 10.00 to the foundation. :huglove:

Matt
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Our fund raiser just officially went over the total raised for last year. :rock:

It's a huge accomplishment for us and I really appreciate everyone who has gotten involved or will do so before it's over.

turtlex
03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Congratulations, Matt.

This is totally awesome!

Daghain
03-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Aaron
03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Very cool! Thanks so much, everyone, for all of your great participation. I am fully confident that we will not only meet, but exceed our new goal. And the giveaway is going to be kick ass.:rock:

Matt
03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah it is! :nana:

And just so everyone knows, it looks like we will be able to publish the giveaway list sometime today. If all goes well. :borg:

Look for a thread in this forum

turtlex
03-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Today?!?
Today?!?
Today?!?

Whoowhoo !! :rock: :rock:

Daghain
03-23-2009, 08:53 AM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
03-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have secured permission from Jerry Broz (GM) to film our giveaway this year at....

The Stanley Hotel :rock:

Look for more information on the drawing coming soon.

Brice
03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have secured permission from Jerry Broz (GM) to film our giveaway this year at....

Awesome! :thumbsup:

So will it be room 217 or room 237? :lol:

Matt
03-26-2009, 08:45 AM
We thought 217 was the special one so I will see what is available.

However, if staying in there means we'll all be stuffed into one bed or something...we may not be able to pull if off. :lol:

We plan to film the giveaway videos on the grounds, lobby, hallways...that kind of thing.

Brice
03-26-2009, 08:47 AM
We thought 217 was the special one so I will see what is available.

However, if staying in there means we'll all be stuffed into one bed or something...we may not be able to pull if off. :lol:

We plan to film the giveaway videos on the grounds, lobby, hallways...that kind of thing.

217 in the novel

237 in the film

...and you know y'all would totally share the bed. :lol:

Really this sounds great.

Matt
03-26-2009, 08:53 AM
217 for sure then!!

Brice
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
:clap:

Daghain
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm totally coming up for a drink. :)

Matt
03-27-2009, 04:42 PM
:D

I have to get totally warm and fuzzy here for a minute. I received a box back from Glen Chadbourne today and I'm going to post pics of his seriously generous contribution to our fund raiser.

However, that's not what this is about. It's about the idea that we have come together to raise money for Freelance Artists and it is those very Artists that have overwhelming come out to support the cause. The craft obviously creates a deep and giving community.

I would like to convey my deepest gratitude for all the Artists that have come out in support of our fund raiser this year, we all owe them an even stronger conviction towards the cause.

:grouphug:

turtlex
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Matt - this whole fundraiser is a big, huge WARM and FUZZY !

Patrick
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM

Oh man, how cool is that?!

Matt
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
We're pretty excited about it for sure. I've never been there.

We are in the home stretch now you guys. If you have not donated to the fund raiser already, please consider doing so. It's a win/win situation for everyone involved.

If you have already donated, please consider doing so again. :grouphug:

Matt
04-05-2009, 08:15 AM
If we were to include all the money in the pipeline right now, our Haven Fundraiser would be at about $4500.00

So very close to our goal, what an amazing turn out this year. :rock::grouphug::rock:

Matt
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I have some good news and some bad news. :cowboy:

The good news is my daughter Dawn and Sweet Lily grand baby are coming to visit us for our middle daughters graduation from HS. We're all so excited to see them we could just bust!

The bad news is because they are coming, we will not be able to spend Giveaway Weekend at The Stanley up at Estes Park. So the filming of the giveaway will not be there (this year :ninja:)

However, Aaron and Hannah are going to drive over to visit us and we have a really amazing plan for the giveaway videos. Plus the obligatory drunken party to be webcast to whomever is interested.

This will all be the weekend of May 16th so just over a month away. :clap:

And I'm hoping we can all remember that the genesis of our Fund Raiser is to celebrate this site's anniversary every year. On Wednesday, May 19th--we will have officially been in operation for 2 years.

Patrick
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Bummer about having to delay The Stanley Hotel adventure, but the positives on the family side far outweigh it. :thumbsup:

gsvec
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
OMG! I just realized that I have a commitment on 5/16 that I can't get out of!! :arg: Matt, are you guys gonna post the videos like last year? I'm soooooo bummed!! :angry:

Matt
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Yep!

All you will miss is the live party Gretchen---we have something really special planned for the video's. I hope they will be really funny.

dotKay
04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Yep!

All you will miss is the live party Gretchen---we have something really special planned for the video's. I hope they will be really funny.

As in "I can watch a live streaming"?

gsvec
04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Yep!

But I don't wanna miss any of it! **pouts** But I can't wait for the videos now!

Matt
04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Yep!

As in "I can watch a live streaming"?

That is correct. :rock:

I'm going to post a link to the thing when we get closer.

turtlex
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
dotKay - Last year we spent the whole time in tears from all the laughing. You'll love it.

dotKay
04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
omg omg omg i can't wait!!!

5/16 is my mother's birthday, but... i'm sorry mum... i've got an internet party to attend to xD

btw, 5/18 is MY bday, so we (the forum and i) can celebrate together *.*

turtlex
04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Honestly, it really is a TDT community event and celebration. Lots of fun, for sure.

Matt
04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
We really did have a great time last year, and it's a perfect way to get everyone together and celebrate the site's anniversary.

Which is actually the 19th. :pirate:

Matt
04-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Another announcement:

I am going to leave the text above the donation bar that says..."Ends May 19th 2009"

Even though it officially ends a few days earlier, the site celebration for the fundraiser and our anniversary will easily carry through the next week. :dance:

Matt
04-23-2009, 07:47 AM
This was a comment from Ms. Mod over at the SKMB in the pinned thread dedicated to our fund raiser.

On behalf of The Haven Foundation, many many thanks to Matticus and all who have donated so far to help provide grants for those in need.

Patrick
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM
That's a nice acknowledgement. Thanks, Ms. Mod!

Erin
05-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm so glad to see the fundraiser is going on again this year and that it's doing so well! Yay .com! :D

Matt
05-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Erin!! :wub:

It's so great to see you, thanks for the donation!!

That's so wonderful of you to do.

Matt
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
It would be impossible for me to acknowledge all of the little things people have done for me during our Fund Raiser this year. But I must take a second and mention wizardsrainbow.

It's not just the help on the Grand Prize, but so much more. He has brokered some amazing things for us. I know many people on this site have dealt with this truly wonderful and giving person. I personally consider it an honor just to know him and count him as a friend.

Thanks David.

turtlex
05-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Sincerely, David is one of my heroes ( he probably doesn't know it, and won't acknowledge it, but it's true ). He's a great guy and has been just the kindest person to me personally. I'm not surrpised by Matt words, not at all.

e_taylor
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
David's the man - no surprises here about how much hes done!

Matt
05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
For sure!

Monetary donations will cut off tomorrow you guys. Check the other thread for the image of the Grand Prize, it's amazing. Please get in on this. It only takes $10.00 to get an entry. :thumbsup:

Matt
05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
I wanted to take a moment here and thank a very good friend of this site.

oy-the-brave has been instrumental this year not only in collectible book donations but also flat monetary ones. I cannot imagine how this thing could have come off the way it did without him.

I have had the opportunity to meet Dave on two occasions. Once in DC at the Three Kings signing and the second time was in Vegas at our gathering. Each meeting has been wonderful and I feel good to know him as a friend. A very generous and beautiful human being.

Thanks for your help Dave. :couple:

turtlex
05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
:clap: Dave :clap: Thank you.

alinda
05-16-2009, 11:20 AM
:excited:Thanks Dave, and everyone who contributed again this year :grouphug:
Y'all are seriously a wonderful group of people , well done my friends! :D

Matt
05-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Look for statistics and a final number on the Fund Raiser in the days to come, we still have a few bucks out.

This forum will continue for a while as we track the movements of the Grand Prize, it is just about to be sent overseas to Robin and then we'll have it back.

Last night was amazing, the last 5 1/2 months have been PHENOMENAL. This site and it's mission are some of the best I do. Thanks to all of you for making this year a success.

alinda
05-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Thank YOU !:grouphug:

candy
05-17-2009, 08:02 AM
thank you matt for all you have done also

Heather19
05-17-2009, 08:36 AM
I just want to send a Thank You out to the directors and everyone else that was involved.
I know it must have been a lot of work. Great job you guys :grouphug:

Ari_Racing
05-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Awesome job!! I salute you!

e_taylor
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Great job everyone!!

Woofer
05-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Thank you directors and special contributors!

*Matt
*Dora
*Hannah
*Aaron
*David
*Everyone else (whose names elude me with only 1/2 cup of coffee in my belly)

Darkthoughts
05-18-2009, 05:30 AM
:rock::thumbsup::grouphug:

You really went above and beyond this year - thanks guys :wub:

Matt
05-18-2009, 06:33 AM
It was a really wonderful time and very fulfilling. Thanks for all the great support you guys. The weekend was a whirlwind but looking for all kinds of stats on this years fund raiser coming soon.

We will also be tracking the Grand Prize of course. :rock:

Matt
05-18-2009, 09:03 AM
The final number has been posted

I'm going to milk the database for every stat I can but the big one is TheDarkTower.com will donate...

$6115.00 to Haven for our Fund Raiser this year. :clap::nana::rose::thumbsup:

That is 122.3% over the goal.

Our total donated to Haven over two years is $9422.00

An amazing feat by any standard. We have to out due ourselves again next year so I'm going to take a short break and get right back to it.

Love you all!

Matt

Erin
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow! That's freaking incredible!

Daghain
05-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Awesome!

Matt
05-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Also--because this is the true end of the fundraiser today...watch for the donation bar to come down tomorrow.

Matt
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Prizes and the last auctions will all be mailed out this weekend.

What a great day for the site. :dance:

alinda
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Simply amazing !:thumbsup:

Matt
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
The next wave of boxes is going out today. I just got paid. :rock:

turtlex
05-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Matt - I would be happy to help with shipping costs, etc. Truly.

Matt
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh Pam, you are so very sweet.

I had no idea we would have so many international winners. That dang Black House/Tailsman gift set weighs like...30 pounds.

I am open to donations on shipping...so I am. But you already have so much!

:huglove:

Matt

turtlex
05-29-2009, 10:41 AM
The Haven Funds PayPal account info is okay for a donation to help with shipping?

Matt
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I thought about this at lunch and I really hate to ask, it was just so BIG this time. :lol:

That account would be fine Pam, but please don't feel like you have to.

Much love,
Matt

turtlex
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I know I don't have to Matt, but I'd like to.

I'll send something along.

:couple:

Matt
05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
You are a sweet and beautiful person.

and by the way, your comics and book went out today. :couple:

turtlex
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Nah.

Just very proud of this place.

Matt
05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey!

Take a compliment. :couple:

I know from experience that you are one of the sweetest people that has ever been here. Anything is great!

turtlex
05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
( yeah, not very good at the compliment taking, but thank you )

Just sent something. Wish it could be more. Hope it helps.

Matt
05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Neither is Dora Pam, I have to beat her over the head with them.

The amount is wonderful and so are you, in every way that I can think of or matters.

:huglove: <---again because I like to do it

turtlex
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
:blush:

sarajean
05-29-2009, 12:32 PM
can i jump on the pam-love train?

:wub:

biomieg
05-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi guys, I'm very happy that the fundraiser was such a success and that I, forum apprentice, could be part of it :D but I noticed that my name isn't on the 'Donation Wall' on the front page. Does this mean that I wasn't included in the giveaway lottery either? :cry:

Brice
05-30-2009, 02:37 AM
I really doubt that. It was likely just an oversight when doing the wall. I'll make sure the directors see this though.

Matt
05-30-2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks for alerting me to this Brice. Everyone that gave was in the drawing, me and dotKay have been doing our best to make sure all the names get on there, this was an oversight that will be fixed ASAP. :nana:

biomieg
05-30-2009, 05:27 AM
:D hey guys, thanks for the confirmation! And please, know that I wasn't just in it for the giveaway!!!

Matt
05-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Not at all. It's my mission to make sure every single person involved is on that wall.

The data we have includes a record for each instance a person gave so putting the list together at the end is a bit of a challenge. Mostly it's because of Excel, we have a massive spread sheet for it that works great but it's "reporting" capabilities are lacking. I'm moving the whole thing to MS Access next year, it rocks. :rock:

Anyway, Hannah and I were very serious about making sure each and every name was in the giveaway, we cut little paper for hours. It's just the message transfer between me and dotKay that has the wall a bit off. (my fault).

I'm glad you mentioned it though, I really like as many names as possible on there. :couple:

herbertwest
05-30-2009, 09:21 AM
my nickname or my name isnt on the giveaway wall... i know that what i sent have been lost, but... :s

Matt
05-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I'll make sure it gets in there

:couple:

herbertwest
05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
it's really not a big deal though :s
:thumbsup:

Matt
05-31-2009, 07:58 AM
No problem my friend, I appreciate the thought and effort.

In other news...I got the check! This is being mailed out with a letter from all of us here about how much we appreciate Haven and what they do. :clap:

We took several photo's, Dora liked this one the best.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/check.jpg

sarajean
05-31-2009, 08:08 AM
:clap:

that's so cool.

turtlex
05-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Awesome, Matt, just awesome!

Matt
05-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks you guys. :wub:

Hi guys, I'm very happy that the fundraiser was such a success and that I, forum apprentice, could be part of it :D but I noticed that my name isn't on the 'Donation Wall' on the front page. Does this mean that I wasn't included in the giveaway lottery either? :cry:

Your name was actually on there all along, you had voted "real name" in the poll. I had you down as Michael Van Den Berg--hope that's right! :couple:

my nickname or my name isnt on the giveaway wall... i know that what i sent have been lost, but... :s

Got you in there man.

I'd also like to thank dotKay for all the hard work on this wall, I've been sending update message every day this week. Really great work.

Lily-sai
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
*sigh* Now that's a sight for sore eyes. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy. So glad to know that we're helping in our own way. Epic awesomeness, Matt! <3

biomieg
05-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Your name was actually on there all along, you had voted "real name" in the poll. I had you down as Michael Van Den Berg--hope that's right! :couple:

... oops! Did I really not see that? :beat: :scared: :couple:

Thanks Matt, it's perfect!

herbertwest
06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
thanks!

Nice check :-)

herbertwest
06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
thanks!

Nice check :-)

gsvec
06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Love the new av, Matt! And I just sent a little something via PayPal to havenfunds@thedarktower.org to help with shipping. :grouphug:

Matt
06-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Gretchen! You are so sweet, thanks for that. :couple:

I sent out another huge wave of boxes yesterday so hopefully people will start getting them soon.

Thank you letters and the check are out today. :rock: