PDA

View Full Version : The murderer is not careful enough

Letti
01-04-2009, 01:03 PM
The murderer is not careful enough

The cleaning lady was doing her normal morning duty when she entered the room of Lady Emma. She was shocked the see that Lady Emma was killed and a big knife was in her heart. The view was a true terror. The cleaning lady started to cry out immediately and the whole stuff of the hotel ran to that very room because of the hysterical screaming.
They didn't hesitate to call the police and some minutes later Mr. Clue - the famous detective - arrived with his colleagues.
They were just about to start the work when someone knocked on the door.
- Come in - said the detective.
A very innocent-faced young man appeared at the door.
- Come in - repeated the detective with some anger in his voice because he found the young boy really suspicious with his confused face.
The man started to slip out of the room.
- I guess I missed the floor. - he said with a trembling voice - I live on the second floor in room 13.
- Yeah, this is the first floor, room 13 - nodded the manager of the hotel. - The gentleman is telling the truth. He is living one floor above. All the corridors and floors are the same it's not hard to mix them up.
Mr. Clue stepped to the man very quickly and grabbed his hand.
- You are under arrest.

Why did Mr. Clue think the boy was the murderer?

razz
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I think i may know the answer, shoudl we pm it?

Sam
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM
He could not have mistaken the first floor for his floor since he would have needed to use either stairs of an elevator to get to his room.

If there is anything else, I'm missing it. But then, I was never the most intuitive investigator either.

razz
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
in that case, I guess I'll just post my idea:
if he thought it was his room, he wouldn't have knocked

John_and_Yoko
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
How did he get in in the first place?

How'd he have a key, in other words?

razz
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
He could not have mistaken the first floor for his floor since he would have needed to use either stairs of an elevator to get to his room.

If there is anything else, I'm missing it. But then, I was never the most intuitive investigator either.
well it could be altogether possible he was going down stairs and missed the landing (didn't see the floor number) or accidentally pushed the wrong elevator button and not noticed.

well since The detective said "come in", can't we assume the door was unlocked?

John_and_Yoko
01-04-2009, 04:39 PM

There's a lot of information not given in this story....

Anyway, the detective could have been trying to trick the person in case it WAS the killer....

Seriously, though, it doesn't say.

Brice
01-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I think the answer is: why would he knock if he thought he was at his own door?

Sam
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
That's a good one Razz and Brice. My answer to Razz's idea of him missing the landing or something like that is, I made an assumption that he came from outside. Also, I think the first floor of the stairway would be obvious and no one "misses the floor" in an elevator, you hit the wrong button.

The fact that he knocked on the door was lost on me. Good pick-up guys.

Brice
01-04-2009, 05:08 PM

There's a lot of information not given in this story....

Anyway, the detective could have been trying to trick the person in case it WAS the killer....

Seriously, though, it doesn't say.

I think all necessary information was given.

That's a good one Razz and Brice. My answer to Razz's idea of him missing the landing or something like that is, I made an assumption that he came from outside. Also, I think the first floor of the stairway would be obvious and no one "misses the floor" in an elevator, you hit the wrong button.

The fact that he knocked on the door was lost on me. Good pick-up guys.

It was lost on me the first few times I read it.

Letti
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I think the answer is: why would he knock if he thought he was at his own door?

in that case, I guess I'll just post my idea:
if he thought it was his room, he wouldn't have knocked

You both are right. :rose:

Anyway... if the manager of the hotel said the floors could be mixed up I think it's possible. But it doesn't give an answer why the man knocked on the door.

Letti
01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Well done

razz
01-05-2009, 03:16 AM
thankee :)