PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Br!an
06-24-2018, 03:52 AM
Welcome, Scott!

scotterpot
06-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Br!an.

scotterpot
06-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Jon, it's more in reference to a lavatory adventure/story in my far away youth days than anything else...

Jon
06-29-2018, 07:59 PM
Jon, it's more in reference to a lavatory adventure/story in my far away youth days than anything else...

Clearly. a story you must tell in in appropriate sub forum.

LetoAtreides
07-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Haven't posted here yet, so I guess I'll just say I mainly joined as a collector of limited edition books, mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and horror. My King collection is small but growing.

lotuz
07-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Haven't posted here yet, so I guess I'll just say I mainly joined as a collector of limited edition books, mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and horror. My King collection is small but growing.

Welcome!! I am in the same boat - a lover and collector of genre fiction, with a collection not focused on King, and I really like these boards. Beware though, these guys have a way of getting you hooked on King books - there are any number of books that would have passed my notice before I joined the forums but that I have instead added to my shelves...

EDIT: I see that you joined the month before I did! I should instead say "Welcome to the conversation" :)

Father Cody
07-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Welcome. Be sure to check out Calvin’s Corner for all the collector stuff. My King collection isn’t too vast compared to others here, but it’s also growing. So, what’s your favorite King collectible?

LetoAtreides
07-08-2018, 05:49 PM

Welcome. Be sure to check out Calvin’s Corner for all the collector stuff. My King collection isn’t too vast compared to others here, but it’s also growing. So, what’s your favorite King collectible?

Picked up a lettered IT this year, which is probably my best King piece.

peripheral
07-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Welcome everyone.. take a seat and settle in!

St. Troy
07-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Picked up a lettered IT this year...

BOOM - no fooling around.

Brian861
07-10-2018, 06:06 AM

Welcome and nice score!

Br!an
07-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Welcome, Leto!

Sai Sheb
07-11-2018, 05:17 AM
Welcome Leto....

Miguel_ND
07-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Hello all, I'm Miguel from Spain, I'm a SK fan from more 25 years, I collect books in spanish and french, but since a few month I'm interested in US/UK books (I'm learning english, sorry for my mistakes XD) I'm very impressed by all the information that there's in this site, I hope to learn more about SK universe!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read DT3, then I bought and read the rest

Who is your favorite character? Roland

What is your favorite book? DT1

How old are you? 42

Where are you from? Valencia (Spain), but I have been living 3 years in Haiti

do you have a nickname? My name Miguel (Michael in english)

how did you find this site? Googling collector's books

Brian861
07-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Welcome, Miguel!

Father Cody
07-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Welcome, Miguel!

Br!an
07-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Hola, Miguel. Bienvenido!

Sai Sheb
07-13-2018, 10:53 PM
Welcome Miguel you have chosen the right place to come (these guys are real nerds when it comes to SK:unsure:)
Brian, I never knew you spoke Italian...:biggrin:

Jon
07-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Welcome Miguel and ND!!!

It strikes me that I have missed welcoming Lotuz. Welcome ma'am/ sir!! ( I'm only a year late!)

Miguel_ND
07-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Many thanks guys!

Jerrika
07-20-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm new here. I was a member of Stephen's official forum. I just hated the fact that it was always closed weekends, holidays, and whenever the mods decided to take their vacations. Be gentle with me. I'm sensitive. :)

Merlin1958
07-20-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm new here. I was a member of Stephen's official forum. I just hated the fact that it was always closed weekends, holidays, and whenever the mods decided to take their vacations. Be gentle with me. I'm sensitive. :)

Welcome to the site!!! Have a look around there is loads of info, pics and fun threads to partake in!!! Where are you from? How'd you find us? If you need help don't be afraid to ask or PM!!!

Father Cody
07-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Welcome Jerrika!

Sai Sheb
07-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Welcome Jerrika, and don't worry we'll be gentle..:wink:

Br!an
07-21-2018, 04:39 AM
Welcome, Jerrika!

Brian861
07-21-2018, 05:03 PM

They, they......told us all that...... :cry: :scared:

Jon
07-21-2018, 06:33 PM

WELCOME!!!

And Jerrika, when Brian comes around with a box of crickets, a tub of Vicks Vaporub and those strange urges; just go to your happy place. It will be over quickly.

Jon
07-21-2018, 06:37 PM

Aww..it seems I missed your introduction.

WELCOME!!

edward
08-22-2018, 11:12 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I first read a friend's copy of The Gunslinger at university around 1989. I liked it, and with each succeeding Dark Tower read my addiction to reading Mr. King became intractable.

Who is your favorite character? Eddie. Fighting naked did it for me!

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass.

How old are you? I just turned 64.

Where are you from? Although I have lived a nomad's life, living in 11 states from Bangor, Maine to Washington, I consider New Mexico home.

do you have a nickname? Eddie

how did you find this site? The first time was maybe 10 years ago as a result of a friend mentioning it to me at work, and I have visited off and on, but now I'll have more time . . . .

Father Cody
08-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Welcome, Eddie! The Gunslinger is what started my addiction as well.

Brian861
08-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Welcome, Eddie! Eddie is also my favorite character and W&G is also one of my favorite books in the series. The other is The Drawing of the Three.

Cook
08-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome edward,
Are you a book collector as well?

edward
08-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Thank you, everyone, for the welcome. Yes, I am a collector, primarily of Stephen King's works.

Cook
08-22-2018, 11:31 AM
Thank you, everyone, for the welcome. Yes, I am a collector, primarily of Stephen King's works.

Very cool, please feel free to share collection pictures (we really hate that here) :coo3l:

mae
08-22-2018, 11:40 AM
As the resident non-collector staff member here, I'm obliged to say we're not all about collecting either. Which is cool. But still, there is a lot more to do here!

Cook
08-22-2018, 11:55 AM
As the resident non-collector staff member here, I'm obliged to say we're not all about collecting either. Which is cool. But still, there is a lot more to do here!

Really? Wait... we're not all about collecting.
When did that happen?

Girlystevedave
08-22-2018, 01:27 PM

[stands up]
Hi, I am Amanda and I am also a non-collector. I mean, I collect King books for reading, but not the collectible books because I am poor. :lol:

fernandito
08-22-2018, 01:29 PM

When did that happen?

Since the site went live in 07'

Girlystevedave
08-22-2018, 01:56 PM

When did that happen?

Foh-real doh. :cool:

Cook
08-22-2018, 04:01 PM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

lotuz
08-22-2018, 04:59 PM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

From the fact that all three non-collectors have 2007 join dates and 45,000 combined posts, I'm guessing no :orely:

Unless you're kidding :ninja:

It appears that this site is larger than the Calvin's Corner in which I lurk

Cook
08-22-2018, 05:14 PM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

From the fact that all three non-collectors have 2007 join dates and 45,000 combined posts, I'm guessing no :orely:

Of course I'm kidding..
Wow, tough crowd tonight. :confused1:

Merlin1958
08-22-2018, 05:15 PM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

:sharepopcorn:

Girlystevedave
08-22-2018, 06:21 PM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

Of course I'm kidding..

I can’t speak for the others, but I didn’t take your posts as an offense or anything. I just wanted to agree with what Mae said about not all of us being collectors so that any new non-collector members knew that there was still tons to enjoy around the site outside of collecting. That’s the great thing about this place. :)

Sai Sheb
08-23-2018, 12:25 AM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

Of course I'm kidding..

I can’t speak for the others, but I didn’t take your posts as an offense or anything. I just wanted to agree with what Mae said about not all of us being collectors so that any new non-collector members knew that there was still tons to enjoy around the site outside of collecting. That’s the great thing about this place. :)

Well shave my legs, call me grandma and spank me with a dead fish. I never knew...
Hey Eddie, welcome to the mad house..

Merlin1958
08-23-2018, 01:07 AM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

Of course I'm kidding..

Well shave my legs, call me grandma and spank me with a dead fish. I never knew...

Just a little kinky eh, Sheb? lol lol lol

Sai Sheb
08-23-2018, 02:01 AM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

Of course I'm kidding..

Thought that were tame! Should come round and see what I could do with Vaseline a feather duster and a chinchilla...

Merlin1958
08-23-2018, 02:38 AM

When did that happen?

You're kidding, right?

Of course I'm kidding..

Thought that were tame! Should come round and see what I could do with Vaseline a feather duster and a chinchilla...

LOL LOL Yeah, but that last one was a little redundant. How about Vaseline, a feather and a clown outfit? lol Gotta think "outside the box" lol

Br!an
08-23-2018, 04:20 AM
Welcome, Eddie!

Sai Sheb
08-23-2018, 05:37 AM
Merlin can join my gang any day...

Brian861
08-23-2018, 07:10 PM

You had me at dead fish.......

theegypt
08-23-2018, 07:18 PM
I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy books and am a collector of those genres as well. I joined this forum because it seems to be the biggest and most active of its kind. Although I have read a few King books I have been focusing on other authors of late. Since this site is titled "thedarktower" I think it's only fitting that I check out that series. Since I am mainly an audiobook guy, I just put a hold on the The Gunslinger audiobook with my library. I am currently 3rd in line and looking forward to getting started!

Father Cody
08-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum, Egypt. Seems Fantasy, SF, and Horror fans are all peas of the same pod. I haven’t gotten into Fantasy yet but I plan to real soon. Which King books were the ones you read?

Sai Sheb
08-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Welcome Egypt hope you have a good time here!!!
Just be careful of Fr Cody when he talks about fantasies.. lol

Girlystevedave
08-24-2018, 10:14 AM
I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy books and am a collector of those genres as well. I joined this forum because it seems to be the biggest and most active of its kind. Although I have read a few King books I have been focusing on other authors of late. Since this site is titled "thedarktower" I think it's only fitting that I check out that series. Since I am mainly an audiobook guy, I just put a hold on the The Gunslinger audiobook with my library. I am currently 3rd in line and looking forward to getting started!

Welcome to the site!
But beware of Dark Tower spoilers as you make your first journey. :)

edward
08-24-2018, 11:52 AM
Thank you all for the welcome! I did not mention that I am an avid reader of Stephen King, just that I was a collector. I should have, but I only collect authors I love to read and in some part of my mind I think I just kind of assumed everyone reads what they collect. Maybe not the S/Ls, but the author. Upon further reflection, maybe not.

Father Cody
08-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Just be careful of Fr Cody when he talks about fantasies.. lol

Who me? [emoji56] :wtf: :lol:

theegypt
08-24-2018, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Egypt. Seems Fantasy, SF, and Horror fans are all peas of the same pod. I haven’t gotten into Fantasy yet but I plan to real soon. Which King books were the ones you read?

I have read Gerald's Game (which I didn't really like) and The Talisman (which I did like).

peripheral
08-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Welcome everyone! Get comfy.. take your shoes off.

Father Cody
08-24-2018, 04:33 PM

I have read Gerald's Game (which I didn't really like) and The Talisman (which I did like).

Be sure to check out Calvin’s Corner for the collector-related threads. It’s not all King-related.

Brian861
08-24-2018, 08:42 PM

Welcome! Also a huge audiobook guy myself.

Br!an
08-25-2018, 01:23 PM

Welcome!

The Talisman ties in to The Dark Tower.

You should try The Eyes of the Dragon. That's fantasy and ties in to The Dark Tower too.

I think I have a BCE I could send you. :orely:

Father Cody
08-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Welcome!

The Talisman ties in to The Dark Tower.

You should try The Eyes of the Dragon. That's fantasy and ties in to The Dark Tower too.

I think I have a BCE I could send you. :orely:

Thanks for the generous offer, Brian! I have a couple readers from upgrading copies. [emoji109]

theegypt
08-26-2018, 06:41 PM
thanks for the suggestion, I have added it to the list!

Earl of Popkin
08-27-2018, 07:17 AM
Not sure what finally compelled me to post as I’ve lurked for years, but wanted to say thanks at the very least for the number of times I’ve benefitted from the King Council of Collectors that are so gracious with their info here. You guys rock.
Side note: Chris Rock really missed an opportunity by not naming one of his children Castle

Father Cody
08-27-2018, 07:32 AM
Howdy, Earl of Popkin.

Earl of Popkin
08-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Greetings Padre and thanks for the welcome - you’re one of many I should be thanking personally for the years of insight

Brian861
08-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Not sure what finally compelled me to post as I’ve lurked for years, but wanted to say thanks at the very least for the number of times I’ve benefitted from the King Council of Collectors that are so gracious with their info here. You guys rock.
Side note: Chris Rock really missed an opportunity by not naming one of his children Castle

Welcome officially, Earl!

Br!an
08-28-2018, 05:20 AM
Welcome, EOP!

Sai Sheb
08-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Welcome Earl... glad you took the plunge

Earl of Popkin
08-28-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the welcomes -- have always loved this place

edward
08-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Welcome, Earl! The resources here are unending indeed and the assistance invaluable.

Ben Staad
08-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Welcome, Earl!

theegypt
09-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Welcome aboard Earl!

The Bunslinger
09-03-2018, 02:32 AM
Hello, I’m Craig. I’ve loved reading SK since finding a copy of Different Seasons in a second hand book shop when I was about 16, over 30 years ago. I was lucky enough to be at Battersea Park when he came to the U.K for Lisey’s Story.

Father Cody
09-03-2018, 02:37 AM
Hey, Craig. Welcome!

Ben Staad
09-03-2018, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the site.

Hello, I’m Craig. I’ve loved reading SK since finding a copy of Different Seasons in a second hand book shop when I was about 16, over 30 years ago. I was lucky enough to be at Battersea Park when he came to the U.K for Lisey’s Story.

Sai Sheb
09-03-2018, 05:39 AM

Hi Craig. Love different seasons... and battersea park!
Welcome to the site.

Br!an
09-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Welcome, Craig!

Brian861
09-04-2018, 04:13 PM

Welcome!

Mushabon
09-06-2018, 05:07 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?
Well, interesting story... My husband's father began reading it and absolutely loved it until he passed away. Sadly he never got to finish that journey to the Tower... Considering both of us were already big King fans my husband ended up acquiring his father's collection of King's books. He took it upon himself to finish the one journey his father never got to. After finishing the series it played pretty heavy on his emotions (a big deal for someone who is about as emotional as a rock). I got to see how much of an impact it had on him on so many different levels. SO, it wasn't long before my husband passed the journey on to me. Now we're both massive Tower junkies and we already have set aside the series for our son to read when he's older. I guess it's become a weird family tradition it seems!

Who is your favorite character?
How dare you ask me to choo--- okay it's Eddie Dean. It's Eddie. Yeah. Who am I kiddin...

What is your favorite book?
Probably The Drawing of Three and Wizard and Glass if I had to choose.

How old are you?
About 7 in crow years... that came out stranger than intended....

Where are you from?
Grew up in a little bitty town smack dab in between Rochester and Buffalo NY. Currently I am living in NW Georgia.

Do you have a nickname?
Mush, Mushabon, Corvid Queen, Witch of the 7 Winds, Lady of the Fog, Grand Mistress of the Universe... I may have made some of those up...

How did you find this site?
Honestly, I kind of ended up here? I don't even remember how I found it... hmmm.

Anyway, Hello Hello and Hiya everyone!

mae
09-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Welcome, Mush. That was a touching story and very cool!

Father Cody
09-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Welcome, Mush! Is that pronounced like it’s spelled? I keep wanting to read it as “Moosh” for some reason. Touching story. My favorite character is also Eddie and DOTT is also my favorite book (tied with Gunslinger).

Mushabon
09-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Welcome, Mush! Is that pronounced like it’s spelled? I keep wanting to read it as “Moosh” for some reason. Touching story. My favorite character is also Eddie and DOTT is also my favorite book (tied with Gunslinger).

I say it like "rush", so phonetically I guess? Pronounce it as you like tho, everyone else does :wink:

Brian861
09-06-2018, 09:38 PM

I say it like "rush", so phonetically I guess? Pronounce it as you like tho, everyone else does :wink:

Welcome, Mush and right now with the fav books and character! Those are mine as well in the series.

Mushabon
09-07-2018, 06:08 AM
You all are so welcoming! Thanks guys! Looking forward to lurking around here :D

Father Cody
09-07-2018, 11:16 AM
You all are so welcoming! Thanks guys! Looking forward to lurking around here :D

Have fun! If you’re into collecting, be sure to check out Calvin’s Corner and the “My Stephen King Collection” threads. A lot of fun and anything you can think of in terms of collecting info.

Mushabon
09-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Welcoming AND temptful?? I like it!

Sai Sheb
09-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Sorry im late to the party...
Welcome Mush. Thanks for sharing your story...

Girlystevedave
09-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Welcome to the site, Mushabon.
I always love hearing about everyone's different stories that led them to the tower in the first place, and yours is one of the greatest I've ever heard. And the fact that it's a family tradition to be passed down to your son is even more amazing.

Br!an
09-08-2018, 06:43 AM
Welcome, Grand Mistress!

Mushabon
09-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Thank you loyal subject <3

Jon
09-08-2018, 04:22 PM
WELCOME.Mushabon, CRAIG and Edward.

Much love from the soggy Hoosier state.

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Hi
Total newbie just joined up. Love this idea.

How did I discover the Dark Tower?
I actually only started reading it recently. I have been a Stephen King fan for 21 years but didn’t think I would like the series. Safe to say I was mistaken. Lol.

Who is my favourite character?
Roland if I had to pick but I am a bit attached to all of them.

What is my favourite book?
The Wastelands

How old am I?

Where am I from?
Sunny Queensland in Australia.

Do I have a nickname?
Probably a few

How did I find this place?
A forum thread link was posted in a Facebook group I am in.

Father Cody
09-12-2018, 02:41 AM
Welcome, Rose! You’ve found a great site. Good people and a ton of info about Stephen King (obviously). Are you a collector as well?

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Father Cody I most definitely am. Started when I was 13, lost all of my originals in a house fire 4 years ago but the positive from that little disaster was that we remodeled a little and I have a library now so my new collection has ample
Shelf space 👌🏻 I collect the books, movies (they are mostly terrible but who can resist) and anything else king or horror related that takes my fancy

Father Cody
09-12-2018, 02:56 AM
Father Cody I most definitely am. Started when I was 13, lost all of my originals in a house fire 4 years ago but the positive from that little disaster was that we remodeled a little and I have a library now so my new collection has ample
Shelf space [emoji1305] I collect the books, movies (they are mostly terrible but who can resist) and anything else king or horror related that takes my fancy

Oh that’s horrible.... glad to hear you spun it into a positive. [emoji106]

There’s a sub-forum (I think that’s what it’s called) here called Calvin’s Corner. All collecting related. There’s even a section where we all create our “collection thread” and post pictures of our collections. It’s a lot of fun. You should start one and show us what you got.

Oh and if you primarily access the site from your phone, there’s an app called Tapatalk that makes it much easier to navigate on a small screen.

See you around the threads!

-Adam

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Awesome. I am on my phone so I think the app would be very helpful. Then I will get into uploading some Shellie’s to the allocated spot. Thank you for the tips.

mae
09-12-2018, 04:54 AM
Another fan of Rose Madder, perhaps? There's not too many of us...

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-12-2018, 05:26 AM
It was the book that started it all for me. Gifted to me from my Gran when I was 13 and I have been hooked ever since.

mae
09-12-2018, 05:30 AM
It was the book that started it all for me. Gifted to me from my Gran when I was 13 and I have been hooked ever since.

Your Gran's obviously awesome! Rose Madder was my second after Pet Sematary and it sealed the deal. I love that book so much, I only read it once when I was 15 or so yet I still vividly recall so much of it.

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-12-2018, 05:34 AM

Your Gran's obviously awesome! Rose Madder was my second after Pet Sematary and it sealed the deal. I love that book so much, I only read it once when I was 15 or so yet I still vividly recall so much of it.

She was kick-ass and from the age of 7 was the person who encouraged and nurtured my love of reading. She would see when I was getting bored and give me something that she knew would challenge me and make me think. Hemingway at 9, Watership Down a year or so later and then once she started the King obsession we had an unbreakable bond. I have 53 cousins but I was the only grandchild she would ever let stay at her house and we would stay up all night watching horror classics like the Blob and Hitchcock.

mae
09-12-2018, 05:42 AM
That sounds wonderful. You'll feel right at home here, I think. It's not just King or books or collecting, we talk about all sorts of stuff. Check out The Oracle for breaking King news and Starkblast for all random off-topic stuff. Then there's The Gem for movies... Just so much stuff :panic:

Mushabon
09-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Welcome welcome hello and hiya Rose!:crow burp:

Brian861
09-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Welcome, Rose!

Girlystevedave
09-12-2018, 07:01 PM

She was kick-ass and from the age of 7 was the person who encouraged and nurtured my love of reading. She would see when I was getting bored and give me something that she knew would challenge me and make me think. Hemingway at 9, Watership Down a year or so later and then once she started the King obsession we had an unbreakable bond. I have 53 cousins but I was the only grandchild she would ever let stay at her house and we would stay up all night watching horror classics like the Blob and Hitchcock.

Your grandmother sounds...amazing. Man, nurturing a child's love for reading is the gift that just keeps on giving.
Also, welcome to the site. You've found a great place to discuss all things King. :)

Sai Sheb
09-13-2018, 12:27 AM
Welcome rose.

Jon
09-15-2018, 04:53 PM
WELCOME ROSE!!!

Damn.. Now how shall I tell her from Lost Roseand Bed of Roses.

Br!an
09-16-2018, 04:27 AM
Welcome, Rose. :rose:

Sai Sheb
09-17-2018, 02:17 AM
WELCOME ROSE!!!

Ones on mushrooms, one can't be found and the other is asleep... obviously

Rose_Mad-Hatter
09-17-2018, 02:18 AM
WELCOME ROSE!!!

I was going to say you can just think of me as mad but, the one on mushrooms sounds more fun. Lol.

Br!an
09-19-2018, 10:46 AM

Started reading King in high school with the Dark Half. Loved it and just went down the list of books.

Roland, hands down.

The Wizards and Glass for the series. a few of his others are at the top all together.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vermont

do you have a nickname?

a couple.

how did you find this site?

random search.

Welcome back!

Father Cody
09-21-2018, 04:37 AM

Started reading King in high school with the Dark Half. Loved it and just went down the list of books.

Roland, hands down.

The Wizards and Glass for the series. a few of his others are at the top all together.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vermont

do you have a nickname?

a couple.

random search.

Welcome back!

Welcome! You know I always say Eddie Dean is my favorite character but when I think about it I wonder how any of them can be better than Roland. Perhaps I’ve just taken him for granted. It’s as if he is The Dark Tower series itself and not just a character.

rcharb2001
09-21-2018, 06:07 AM
Eddie, Jake and Susanna have great character growth, but, i feel when all is said and done, Roland grows the most as a character. Especially with the comics having fleshed him out even more.

Jon
09-21-2018, 06:16 PM
WELCOME ROSE!!!

Coincidentally I am on mushrooms at the moment. But alas; I have no hat.

Captkirky
09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone! <3

Br!an
09-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard, Capt.

Captkirky
09-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Welcome aboard, Capt.

Thanks Br!an! Sadly I havent read Dark Tower yet but I love me some King and Horror in general. That discussion on Nocturnal Readers Box brought me to finally sign up.

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Welcome Captain. At least something good came out of the nrb thing then!

Captkirky
09-25-2018, 07:38 PM

Hey Father Cody and thanks! Yea, that whole situation is a complete mess. I luckily cancelled my sub right before all this shit went down but paid attention to the downfall through the newsletters and Facebook postings. Im assuming you guys saw the latest email? They "accidentally" had some charges made... :angry:

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 07:39 PM

Hey Father Cody and thanks! Yea, that whole situation is a complete mess. I luckily cancelled my sub right before all this shit went down but paid attention to the downfall through the newsletters and Facebook postings. Im assuming you guys saw the latest email? They "accidentally" had some charges made... :angry:

I didn’t see the latest email but I heard about someone who canceled a year ago that just got charged the other day. What a shit show.

-Adam

Captkirky
09-25-2018, 07:42 PM
I immediately checked my account to make sure I didnt have anything suspect, but Im good. Totally bullshit. I can post the newsletter in the forum when I have get access :D

Brian861
09-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone! <3

Welcome, Capt!

Sai Sheb
09-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Welcome capt.

Br!an
09-26-2018, 04:07 AM
I immediately checked my account to make sure I didnt have anything suspect, but Im good. Totally bullshit. I can post the newsletter in the forum when I have get access :D

Thanks, I just posted it.

mae
09-26-2018, 04:55 AM
Welcome and make sure to look in all the sections of the forum. There are lots of things here.

rcharb2001
09-26-2018, 06:11 AM
i had originally joined looking to see if anyone knew of any RPG's for Dark Tower. I ended up spending the last 2 years writing one from scratch.

Captkirky
09-26-2018, 06:25 AM

Welcome and make sure to look in all the sections of the forum. There are lots of things here.

I still dont see anything besides Introduce Yourself and For New Members... :(
Am I doing something wrong?

Br!an
09-26-2018, 08:25 AM

Once you've posted five times, you are supposed to gain full member access. You now six posts. Some posts take longer to clear through moderation.

You should be good to go now though. I see you can receive PMs and have a profile.

Captkirky
09-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone! <3

Welcome, Capt!

Welcome capt.

Thanks guys! Great to be here if I can get it to work! :D

Captkirky
09-26-2018, 08:39 AM

Once you've posted five times, you are supposed to gain full member access. You now six posts. Some posts take longer to clear through moderation.

You should be good to go now though. I see you can receive PMs and have a profile.

I dunno what to do! Im still not seeing anything else... :(

rcharb2001
09-26-2018, 09:22 AM

So i just sent a PM to you (I think). i clicked on your user name and selected the PM option. I'm new here too so i don't know if that actually worked or not.

Br!an
09-26-2018, 09:28 AM

What are you seeing? Are you saying you can't see any of the forums? Even non-members can browse the forums.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/index.php

Captkirky
09-26-2018, 09:33 AM

What are you seeing? Are you saying you can't see any of the forums? Even non-members can browse the forums.

Ooooooo ok. I was still on Thedarktower.org page... Shit there is alot lol

Father Cody
09-26-2018, 10:38 AM

You have no idea :biggrin:

Br!an
09-26-2018, 10:44 AM

You have no idea :biggrin:

Calvin's Corner is the book collector section. Some members never leave the Corner.

There is plenty more than that though. I encourage you to listen to Mae's advice and look through all of the forums.

I have no doubt that you'll find plenty of interest.

Captkirky
09-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Slowly but surely. Thanks Father Cody and Br!an.

Jon
09-29-2018, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone! <3

WELCOME CAPPYKIRKY!!!

Let me know if you find any intelligent life.

mekze1981
10-01-2018, 08:09 AM
Hi brand new to this forum! Have been a constant reader since I could read! I have a question for everyone, I married into a King loving family and, I am looking for something awesome for my mother in law does anyone know where I can send a letter to Mr.King and maybe have it sent back with his best wishes or something of the sort? Thanks in advance!

Brian861
10-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Hi brand new to this forum! Have been a constant reader since I could read! I have a question for everyone, I married into a King loving family and, I am looking for something awesome for my mother in law does anyone know where I can send a letter to Mr.King and maybe have it sent back with his best wishes or something of the sort? Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

Father Cody
10-02-2018, 12:17 AM

Welcome! Years ago King stopped fulfilling such requests unfortunately. It was before I got into collecting but apparently you used to be able to send him books and he’d sign and send them back. I believe now all mail is intercepted by his agent and signature requests get screened. Have you considered a signed book as a gift?

Sai Sheb
10-02-2018, 03:51 AM
Hi everyone! <3

WELCOME CAPPYKIRKY!!!

As of late thats in very short supply...

Jon
10-06-2018, 05:17 PM

Welcome!!

Jon
10-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone! <3

WELCOME CAPPYKIRKY!!!

As of late thats in very short supply...

Well we certainly need a wizard!

GTG
10-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks

GTG
10-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Must be something I am missing. I made about 7 posts and only shows that I made 4. Odd

Br!an
10-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Must be something I am missing. I made about 7 posts and only shows that I made 4. Odd

It depends on which forums you post in. Some are not monitored while others are.

You are showing five cleared posts now.

You should have full member privileges now/soon.

Sai Sheb
10-14-2018, 03:23 AM
Hi from Wales UK ( the little place next to England ). I joined because i have about 25 King books and i don`t really know where to start. My plan was to list the collection and ask members for a sort of recommended reading order. Plus if there are any i should get to add to the experience ( i have access to many from the library or could purchase ) Thanks

Welcome, are you the only gay in the village?

GTG
10-14-2018, 04:33 AM

Welcome, are you the only gay in the village?

Almost the only Welsh person in the Village.

We seem to have vanished and been replaced by old English people who came here to retire.

Sai Sheb
10-14-2018, 10:35 AM
:lol1:

Father Cody
10-14-2018, 10:54 AM

Welcome GTG! I think the safest bet is to simply start from the beginning. Here’s a list of King’s works in order of publication. That’s how I’m making my way through it all because I don’t want to miss out on any connections between his multitude of stories. Apparently there are a lot of connections, too.

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/stephen-king-books-in-chronological-order-for-stephen-king-revisited-reading-lists/

Brian861
10-14-2018, 11:34 AM

Welcome!

Merlin1958
10-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!

Sam_Houston
10-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.

Father Cody
10-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Howdy from Texas. I've been reading King since I was in Junior High, and started collecting first editions when I realized most of the King books I had were already first editions.

Welcome! The Calvin’s Corner sub-forum has all the collecting stuff. Check it out!

MikeDuke
10-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Glad to have you here. Now startup a thread so we can see all your first editions. The pics don't take themselves you know :)

Brian861
10-19-2018, 12:15 PM

Welcome!

Jon
10-20-2018, 07:21 PM
Welcome new folks!!

peripheral
10-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Welcome everyone!!

Recouper
10-29-2018, 01:20 AM
Hello. I've just started reading The Gunslinger. He's telling Brown about Tull.. yup right at the start.
I was friends with Chtorrwar19 IRL and that's how I found this place about 10 or 11 months ago now. I have only just now raised the courage to pick up a Steven King book, I'm very affected by accounts of violence or sadness. I tend to kind of live what I read and watch.
But it is because of Chtorrwar19 and her sense of wonder in the fantastic-ness of the worlds and characters in Steven King's stories and her obvious high estimation of his writing that it has been playing in my mind for quite some time now and I've finally gathered the courage to start. I could have listened to her talking about the stories indefinitely, I was just so captivated. And so, I have bought the book, I've turned to the start and I have read "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
I'm a little apprehensive about it... I generally really, really feel like I want people to be OK as I go through the story.. but it is Steven King, so.. yeah.
I only really know of four characters so far; The Gunslinger, the Sorcerer (man in black), Bown and Zoltan, the bird. So it's a little early for me to be picking favourites.
So, obvioulsy, I'm also living in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm 39, but I've matured in an odd sort of way and have been pretty naive about certain, unpleasant realities of life. It's actually due to my recent, rude awakening to that fact that I feel like I actually should look into darker concepts and now may be the time for me to face Steven King.
I asked Chtorrwar19 what her favorite Steven King book is, thinking I might take a look, and she said IT... so, I decided not to start there.
I don't have a nickname, but it would be so great if somebody were to bestow one upon me one day.
As a side, I was amazed by the number of Steven King comics, I had no idea that there were any and there are a lot.
I'm looking forward (with apprehension) to the immersion. :unsure:

Br!an
10-29-2018, 07:24 AM
Welcome!

MikeDuke
10-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Welcome Recouper. Don't worry, in a month you will fit right in. Just go at your own pace and you will be fine. And don't be apprehensive. Be excited that you took the first step.

Brian861
10-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Welcome!

cesario
11-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Hello there!!! Just want to say i'm a big fan of the Dark Tower

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read the Gunslinger back when i was a teenager, since then discovered the Jae Lee comics and heard the audiobooks.

Who is your favorite character? My favorite character is Roland of course.

What is your favorite book? The Dark Tower> is my favorite book. The part when Roland gets his guns is fixed in my memory.

How old are you? I think i'm 48 years old.

Where are you from? I was born in Honduras!!!!

do you have a nickname? not any good ones .

how did you find this site? I found this site because I'm trying to find out more about an artwork that comes in The Little Sisters of Eluria novella.

cesario
11-08-2018, 10:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TIhtftF.png

I couldn't find much on the internet.
I think the artist is Erik Wilson

Father Cody
11-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!

Brian861
11-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Welcome, Cesario!

Jon
11-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Welcome, Recouper and Cesario!

Br!an
11-11-2018, 07:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/TIhtftF.png

I couldn't find much on the internet.
I think the artist is Erik Wilson

Welcome, Cesario!

What version of the book is that image from?

cesario
11-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Hey!!1
The image when i saw it was on a hardcover of Legends: Masters of Modern Fantasy. An anthology where Stephen King came out with The Little Sisters of Eluria of the Dark Tower universe.
I believe the images were commissioned by SK.
I was just very intrigued by the image, I thought it was pretty cool.

Br!an
11-13-2018, 03:53 AM
You're correct. The book credits Erik Wilson.

Kraken
12-27-2018, 05:23 AM
Hi All,
I’ve been hanging around the forum for a while (mainly other Uthers thread)
I thought I should actually read a Stephen King books before joining as you guys are so persuasive.
Well let’s say I picked up Salem’s Lot (always partial to a good vampire story - no not twilight YES I am legend)
Anyway after going through Salem’s I think I’ve pretty much now got the bug.
After Salem’s I read on writing and just finished The Shining.
Now I’m going to have to find all the first editions. Question is UK or US.
Probably UK as they are more than likely easier to come by but saying that finding them in fine condition will be the challenge. Or maybe both and see where I am later down the road :lol1:
Here’s to happy hunting.

Br!an
12-27-2018, 06:19 AM
Release the Kraken!

Welcome!

Brian861
12-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Hi All,
I’ve been hanging around the forum for a while (mainly other Uthers thread)
I thought I should actually read a Stephen King books before joining as you guys are so persuasive.
Well let’s say I picked up Salem’s Lot (always partial to a good vampire story - no not twilight YES I am legend)
Anyway after going through Salem’s I think I’ve pretty much now got the bug.
After Salem’s I read on writing and just finished The Shining.
Now I’m going to have to find all the first editions. Question is UK or US.
Probably UK as they are more than likely easier to come by but saying that finding them in fine condition will be the challenge. Or maybe both and see where I am later down the road :lol1:
Here’s to happy hunting.

Welcome! Here are few threads to follow while hunting stuff down:

Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?226-Intriguing-Stephen-King-King-Related-Dark-Tower-Auctions-Sales/page988)

Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds-Primarily-for-Stephen-King-Items/page440)

King Books/Items Wanted (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?966-King-Books-Items-Wanted/page272)

Kraken
12-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Thanks Brian’s much appreciated

Jon
12-31-2018, 02:00 PM
The Kraken has been released!!!

Welcome!!!

Jean
01-13-2019, 11:21 PM
heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! bears are back!!!!!!!!!! hourray!!!!!!!! thank you Jerome, thank you Brice thousand times!! due to a fatal twist of fate there's been a glitch of either the bears' memory, or the internet, or the fabrics of the existence itself, and bears have been unable to log in for months, and now they are baaaaaack!!!!!! :heart: :rock:

mae
01-14-2019, 04:03 AM
heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! bears are back!!!!!!!!!! hourray!!!!!!!! thank you Jerome, thank you Brice thousand times!! due to a fatal twist of fate there's been a glitch of either the bears' memory, or the internet, or the fabrics of the existence itself, and bears have been unable to log in for months, and now they are baaaaaack!!!!!! :heart: :rock:

:biggrin1:

jhanic
01-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Welcome back!

John

Brian861
01-14-2019, 04:19 PM
Welcome back!

Merlin1958
01-14-2019, 06:01 PM

You fresh outta the Gulag, Jean??? lol Welcome back to the forum, my man!!!!

Jean
01-14-2019, 10:29 PM
thank you friends!
Bill - no, not quite that place http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif.html), but life hasn't been very kind to bears indeed, alas

Merlin1958
01-14-2019, 11:02 PM
thank you friends!
Bill - no, not quite that place http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif.html), but life hasn't been very kind to bears indeed, alas

Sorry to hear, but here's to the Sun shining on your ass tomorrow, eh? lol Hang in there and good to see you back, old friend!!!!

LordOfDiscordia
01-16-2019, 05:11 PM
My friend was a fan of Stephen King, learned about the series after falling in love with IT novel
Roland Deschain.
The Dark Tower(book 7)
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Arizona
do you have a nickname?
Nope
I found this website when I was looking for more information on the guardians.

Brian861
01-16-2019, 11:34 PM
Welcome!

racerx45
01-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Welcome!

Jean
01-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear, but here's to the Sun shining on your ass tomorrow, eh? lol Hang in there and good to see you back, old friend!!!!http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bearheart.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bearheart.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bearheart.gif.html)

How old are you?
19good number http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif.html)
(also, makes you as old as the current century)

https://freecraftz.com/images/welcome-bear/our-little-cabin-07-375.jpg

Red_Balloon
01-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Hello peeps. I'm new to the forum. I like Stephen King, just read The Shining... Didn't realise how different it was to the film. What an awesome read!

T-Dogz_AK47
01-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Hello peeps. I'm new to the forum. I like Stephen King, just read The Shining... Didn't realise how different it was to the film. What an awesome read!

Welcome to the forum! The Shining is indeed an awesome read! :thumbsup:

Brian861
01-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Welcome!

Jon
01-20-2019, 12:52 AM
Welcome new folks!!!

Welcome Bears fresh out of hibernation!!

Br!an
01-20-2019, 04:12 AM
Welcome, Discordia and R_B!

peripheral
01-20-2019, 04:18 AM
Welcome Discordia and Red Balloon... The bugle sounds as the charge begins...

John Invictus Phoenix
01-20-2019, 07:30 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been a huge Stephen King fan for years. My first book by Stephen was The Shining and he is to date the author whose books I've read the most.

I finished the last book of series yesterday. I deliberately finished the book on the 19/01/2019 all 9 p.m. just for fun (and I secretly was hoping that a portal might open up and that Roland might take me to his world... he didn't if you're wondering).

I simply follow Stephen's work and it was inevitable that I read it, since he claimed that it was his Opus Magnus.

I would have to say it was Eddie because of his sense of humour.

I have over a dozen of them but The Gunslinger is its King (pun intended).

How old are you?
In earth years its hard to tell...

Where are you from?
A version of Earth which I don't think I belong to :p

do you have a nickname?
Johnny or Jonathan... depends on who you talk to.

I was searching for The Dark Tower.

Brian861
01-20-2019, 11:07 AM
Welcome, Johnny! Always great to add another Team Eddie member to the mix :)

Br!an
01-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Welcome, John. You are the first member from Portugal that I am aware of. :orely:

John Invictus Phoenix
01-21-2019, 11:51 AM
well, I do enjoy being one of a kind

Merlin1958
01-21-2019, 05:51 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been a huge Stephen King fan for years. My first book by Stephen was The Shining and he is to date the author whose books I've read the most.

I finished the last book of series yesterday. I deliberately finished the book on the 19/01/2019 all 9 p.m. just for fun (and I secretly was hoping that a portal might open up and that Roland might take me to his world... he didn't if you're wondering).

I simply follow Stephen's work and it was inevitable that I read it, since he claimed that it was his Opus Magnus.

I would have to say it was Eddie because of his sense of humour.

I have over a dozen of them but The Gunslinger is its King (pun intended).

How old are you?
In earth years its hard to tell...

Where are you from?
A version of Earth which I don't think I belong to :p

do you have a nickname?
Johnny or Jonathan... depends on who you talk to.

I was searching for The Dark Tower.

Welcome to the site!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ABIIZV3vA

Long_Rat
01-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just joined after hearing about this place for ages! Super excited to lurk on everyone's awesome collections! I've been reading King since I was 12 and started collecting at 18. I'm 28 now and I've decided to get a little more serious and go after some of the more limited and foreign editions. I run an Instagram account dedicated to King as well which has been a super fun hobby. Cheers everyone!

peripheral
01-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just joined after hearing about this place for ages! Super excited to lurk on everyone's awesome collections! I've been reading King since I was 12 and started collecting at 18. I'm 28 now and I've decided to get a little more serious and go after some of the more limited and foreign editions. I run an Instagram account dedicated to King as well which has been a super fun hobby. Cheers everyone!

Welcome Long_Rat, you made it! Go broad, go deep... you're going to like it here. And I can vouch for her - she has a kickass foreign collection. Looking forward to your Collection Thread...

Long_Rat
01-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the welcome! and I'll do my best...once I figure out how all of this works! :)

Brian861
01-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Welcome, Rat!

MikeDuke
01-22-2019, 08:14 AM
Welcome to all the new faces. Sit, and stay awhile. It's a great place to learn and share.

mae
01-22-2019, 08:15 AM
Yup. Welcome, newbies! Please explore!

Jon
01-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the welcome! and I'll do my best...once I figure out how all of this works! :)

Your username sent me on an 80's hair metal binge.

Now EVERYONE has to suffer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG1XNEfSiGk

fernandito
01-23-2019, 05:28 AM
Welcome, all new members.

Jason19
01-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Hello everyone!

I read The Talisman in 1985 (give or take) and wasn’t ready for it to end so I jumped into the Gunslinger.

I loved so many characters for so many reasons. Roland. My connection with Roland is very personal. I love backpacking, being on the trail. This is the greatest trail story ever told. There is so much more I could say on this but it’s not the time.
Toss up between Wolves of the Calla and Wizard and Glass
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Illinois
do you have a nickname?
Country
I had just finished the series on audiobook (for the 3rd time) and, in my post series recovery, was looking for more info on the adaptation for tv by Amazon.

Not sure why it took me this long to find you all here. I was resorting to throwing out phrases in conversation such as “long days, pleasant nights” or “if it do ya” or “by my watch and warrant” just to see if I could get someone to light up and acknowledge the reference. Lol

fernandito
01-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Not sure why it took me this long to find you all here. I was resorting to throwing out phrases in conversation such as “long days, pleasant nights” or “if it do ya” or “by my watch and warrant” just to see if I could get someone to light up and acknowledge the reference. Lol

Well you're among friends here my G. I used 'mayhap' in a company meeting a few weeks ago. No bullshit.

Welcome.

Brian861
01-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Welcome, Country!

Girlystevedave
01-30-2019, 12:28 PM

This is one of the best things I've ever heard. :lol:
And I don't blame you at all for trying. When I was first reading the series, I can remember that feeling I had of wishing that I'd stumble upon a door one day that would open to another world. haha

Also, welcome to the site! I hope you like it here.

Girlystevedave
01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the site! I've never been a serious collector, but am always excited to see a new King fan join. :thumbsup:

Welcome! And it's important to be in the company of people who get your DT references. There'll be plenty of that around here. :lol:

Girlystevedave
01-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Welcome Long_Rat, you made it! Go broad, go deep... you're going to like it here. And I can vouch for her - she has a kickass foreign collection. Looking forward to your Collection Thread...

Is no one going to make a That's What She Said joke here?! :lol:

I've gotta call it...
That's what she said!

SenorEdmonds
02-01-2019, 08:11 PM
How old are you? 35
How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend

Who is your favorite character? Charlie (from firestarter)

What is your favorite book? The Long Walk

Where are you from?Portland, Tx

Earl of Popkin
02-01-2019, 08:39 PM
How old are you? 35

Welcome senor - I also love The Long Walk!!

Brian861
02-01-2019, 10:13 PM
How old are you? 35

Welcome! Both great books.

Jon
02-02-2019, 10:03 PM
WELCOME JASON AND SENOR!

WindsOfKa
02-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Long days and pleasant nights to you all.

In the midst of a Stephen King kick that began in middle school, I stumbled upon a copy of Wizard and Glass. Was instantly drawn to the characters, language, and setting. After reading a few pages I went back to start with The Gunslinger and read through the first four books. Somehow the remainder got placed on the backburner, but I revisited them recently in audiobook form and completed the cycle.

Gotta go with ol' long, tall, and ugly himself - such a phenomenal character with an incredible backstory. Cuthbert is up there as well, with his magnificent and endless wit.

The Gunslinger, closely followed by Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Oakland, California

do you have a nickname?
Eddy

Searching the internetz. Wanted to find a community to geek out with on the series, and am happy to have found one!

Randall Flagg
02-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Welcome fellow SF Bay Area person (I'm in Antioch).

Brian861
02-10-2019, 12:28 AM
Welcome, Eddy!

Jon
02-10-2019, 01:37 AM
WELCOME WINDS!!!

SenorEdmonds
02-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Thanks. Happy to be here.

Garrell
02-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Welcome all

MikeDuke
02-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Welcome to all the new faces.

Sharo
02-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Hope everybody's doing well tonight! Currently rereading Wolves of the Calla and writing a ton, drawing a little. I'm glad to know there's still an active Dark Tower community online!

My name is Sharo and I've been here before. :)

Brian861
02-20-2019, 01:44 AM
Hope everybody's doing well tonight! Currently rereading Wolves of the Calla and writing a ton, drawing a little. I'm glad to know there's still an active Dark Tower community online!

Welcome back!

Sharo
02-20-2019, 06:16 AM

Welcome back!

Thank you!

Girlystevedave
02-20-2019, 12:18 PM

Welcome back, Sharo. Glad to see the tower still calls your name. :thumbsup:

Sharo
02-20-2019, 04:35 PM

Welcome back, Sharo. Glad to see the tower still calls your name. :thumbsup:

But of course! The Tower doesn't sleep, she just goes on decade-long depression hiatuses. ;) I'm looking forward to getting some book recs too, I haven't read any new King novels since Lisey's Story and Wind Through the Keyhole.

Randall Flagg
02-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Duma Key

Sharo
02-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Duma Key

You know, that's the second time this week that book's been recommended to me, so I'm going to HAVE to read it once I'm done with my Dark Tower re-read!

Brian861
02-21-2019, 02:17 AM
Duma Key

You know, that's the second time this week that book's been recommended to me, so I'm going to HAVE to read it once I'm done with my Dark Tower re-read!

Awesome book. One of the best modern King novels if you will.

Jon
02-24-2019, 03:24 PM

Didn't learn your lesson eh?

Sharo
02-25-2019, 06:13 AM

Didn't learn your lesson eh?

You know what they say about absence and the heart, lmao! To be completely fair, I wasn't here long, and it was a bit over a decade back, haha. ;)

sgtfury1984
02-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Good evening folks. My name is Wayne, but I have gone by sgtfury1984 online for years. For some reason the gamer tag or username Roland Deschain is always taken. Imagine that! Lol.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I originally heard about the series back during my school days. A friend who mentioned reading it passed away in an accident shortly after and for many years I wasn’t willing to dive in. He and I would always swap copies of SK paperbacks. Eventually I became aware of the connections throughout the SK universe and when my first child was born I made my first trip to the DT during those many sleepless nights to honor my friend.

Who is your favorite character? Roland. As a career military man I was always drawn to him and the weight he carries.

What is your favorite book? Outside of the DT series my favorite book is The Stand, which is connected. I read it many times before picking up The Gunslinger. Also as a career military man unfortunately I can see Uncle Sam screwing up like this.

How old are you? I’m 34 and quickly approaching a decent view near the top of this hill. Time is a funny thing. It really sped up on us after starting a family. Right now I’m holding tight and enjoying the ride. I retired young, so there’s a decent amount of time to enjoy reading, hobbies, and most important my children.

Where are you from? Raised in Eastern Kentucky in the middle of nowhere. As a young reader I was given a bag of paperbacks and read Pet Sematary followed by David Morrell’s Testament. I haven’t been right since! That was some heavy material for my age at the time. We currently reside in the mountains of North Cackalacky.

Do you have a nickname? A lot of folks call me Sarge within various forums and gaming communities.

How did you find this site? After a handful of brief Twitter interactions I asked Bev Vincent about advice for obtaining a legitimate signed book for my collection. I nearly purchased a forgery. That conversation led here, and there’s a nice addition to my bookshelf arriving soon from another member! I’m a lurker by nature... but as I make my 2019 trip to the DT I look forward to settling in here and occasionally chatting with other readers.

Thank you.

picon3
02-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Hello All,
I am a long time collector of Stephen King's work dating back to my very first book I bought with my own money, Pet Sematary in late 1983. That book is one of his best and I just listened to it on audiobook (unabridged) again. What was interesting at the time in 1983 was there was a listing for a book in the previous works by the author list that I had never heard of, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I managed to find a copy at my local library (an original Grant version at the time as there were no reprints with all the usual library stamps) but it really transported me into a different world. And the rest is history. I did all the usual King things. Wrote to him and had books signed through the mail (that was amazing), flew to Bangor for the private signing at Bett's books when Stu was there in 1998. I kinda' ran out of gas with book collecting in 2010, but recently started pulling them out again.
That's the story so far. Glad to be on board. Paul~

fernandito
02-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Welcome, one and all.

Brian861
03-01-2019, 01:10 AM
Welcome, guys!

Garrell
03-01-2019, 04:28 AM
Welcome all

Girlystevedave
03-01-2019, 09:27 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I originally heard about the series back during my school days. A friend who mentioned reading it passed away in an accident shortly after and for many years I wasn’t willing to dive in. He and I would always swap copies of SK paperbacks. Eventually I became aware of the connections throughout the SK universe and when my first child was born I made my first trip to the DT during those many sleepless nights to honor my friend.

I'm sorry about your friend, but that is a very cool story of how you "honored" him. It's also gotta be pretty neat for you to have the experience of reading it sort of wrapped up with the birth of your child.

Welcome to the site. :)

Hello All,
What was interesting at the time in 1983 was there was a listing for a book in the previous works by the author list that I had never heard of, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I managed to find a copy at my local library (an original Grant version at the time as there were no reprints with all the usual library stamps) but it really transported me into a different world.
That's the story so far. Glad to be on board. Paul~

Man, no kidding about the different world comment. haha

We're glad to have you on board. I hope you like it around here.

MikeDuke
03-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Welcome everybody. for people who came back, welcome back. For the new faces, glad you stopped in and hope you sit for a spell.

picon3
03-01-2019, 02:55 PM
So here's the next part of my DT story. So I read the copy that I found in the library, thought it was great, but then didn't see anything in follow up for years. So one day, I'm reading Comics Buyers Guide and I see an ad for an upcoming sale for what appeared to be the signed/limited editions (#238/500) of DT 2 and 3. This would have been about 1991 or so. So I was the winner (I think I paid $125 each for them). Then I get a call from the guy I bought them from that he has a DT 1 (1st) and would I be interested in buying it. Of course I said, so now I had at least a partial set of S/L with a very nice copy of DT 1 (I ordered a replacement dustjacket directly from Grant about this time; this was back in the day when they had them. I might have paid $10 for it). More to follow. Paul~

MikeDuke
03-01-2019, 03:40 PM
That's awesome. A great DT story. If you could find the rest, you would be rare company by having a complete set. Looking forward to the rest of your story.

peripheral
03-02-2019, 05:19 AM
Welcome to all the new members..!

picon3
03-02-2019, 06:03 PM
So here's the next part of my DT story. So I read the copy that I found in the library, thought it was great, but then didn't see anything in follow up for years. So one day, I'm reading Comics Buyers Guide and I see an ad for an upcoming sale for what appeared to be the signed/limited editions (#238/500) of DT 2 and 3. This would have been about 1991 or so. So I was the winner (I think I paid $125 each for them). Then I get a call from the guy I bought them from that he has a DT 1 (1st) and would I be interested in buying it. Of course I said, so now I had at least a partial set of S/L with a very nice copy of DT 1 (I ordered a replacement dustjacket directly from Grant about this time; this was back in the day when they had them. I might have paid $10 for it). More to follow. Paul~

So time goes by and I see that Grant is distributing The Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass through channels like Barnes and Noble which is where I bought my copy (1st Grant Trade Edition) in 1997. So now I had Dark Tower: The Gunslinger and Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass in 1st edition trade hardcover (both published by Donald Grant) with the two signed limited editions (#238/500) in between. So on my trip to Bett's in 1998 for the Bag of Bones signing at his store, I decided to sell the two signed/limiteds and pick up the two trade editions so I would have a matched set (all first edition trades). At that point, I had given up on ever finding the matching DT 1 (#238/500) and at the time I got a great deal from Stu Tinker (I had picked up a copy of Rage in a used bookstore in Portland on my way to Bangor; flawless first edition; I think I paid $1 for it). More to follow. Paul~

Erickaspicer
03-03-2019, 04:49 PM
I began reading King at 8 yrs old. My first was christine. But I didnt get dark tower until i was on bedrest with my second child. I needed books. My mom brought them to me.
Roland.
The Gunslinger
How old are you?
46 last Feb 18th
Where are you from?
Small town southern illinois
do you have a nickname?
Spice and ricci
I am a member of the stephen king first editions group on ebay. This was recommended for us

Jon
03-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Hey...3 new folks!

WELCOME!!

picon3
03-04-2019, 12:11 PM

So time goes by and I see that Grant is distributing The Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass through channels like Barnes and Noble which is where I bought my copy (1st Grant Trade Edition) in 1997. So now I had Dark Tower: The Gunslinger and Dark Tower 4: Wizards and Glass in 1st edition trade hardcover (both published by Donald Grant) with the two signed limited editions (#238/500) in between. So on my trip to Bett's in 1998 for the Bag of Bones signing at his store, I decided to sell the two signed/limiteds and pick up the two trade editions so I would have a matched set (all first edition trades). At that point, I had given up on ever finding the matching DT 1 (#238/500) and at the time I got a great deal from Stu Tinker (I had picked up a copy of Rage in a used bookstore in Portland on my way to Bangor; flawless first edition; I think I paid $1 for it). More to follow. Paul~ At some point after his near fatal accident with a mini-van, King announced that he was going to finish the Dark Tower. I bought #5, #6, and #7 as the artists editions directly from Grant. Then there was the revised Little Sisters of Eluria and the Wind Through the Keyhole which I also bought directly from Grant leaving me with a set of Dark Towers (all first editions) with the first four volumes signed by both Stephen and the artist and #5, #6, and #7 all signed by the artists along with Little Sisters of Eluria and Wind Through the Keyhole. And that is my story of how I pulled together my Dark Tower set. BTW, I have to say, I loved how #7 ends. Couldn't have been better. Paul~

Brian861
03-04-2019, 12:44 PM
I began reading King at 8 yrs old. My first was christine. But I didnt get dark tower until i was on bedrest with my second child. I needed books. My mom brought them to me.
Roland.
The Gunslinger
How old are you?
46 last Feb 18th
Where are you from?
Small town southern illinois
do you have a nickname?
Spice and ricci
I am a member of the stephen king first editions group on ebay. This was recommended for us

Welcome!

khaos
03-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Hi I'm Ken. I go by khaos when I can and khaos13 when someone pilfers my name. I'm a massive reader with King being my favorite. It is my favorite King book. I've read the Dark Tower through once and up to 4 in a previous read. I don't remember what distracted me that time, probably school or parenting. I dedicate a lot more time to reading now, it's my meditation. I don't know how I found this site but I've been using US and UK first edition page for several years.

Merlin1958
03-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Hi I'm Ken. I go by khaos when I can and khaos13 when someone pilfers my name. I'm a massive reader with King being my favorite. It is my favorite King book. I've read the Dark Tower through once and up to 4 in a previous read. I don't remember what distracted me that time, probably school or parenting. I dedicate a lot more time to reading now, it's my meditation. I don't know how I found this site but I've been using US and UK first edition page for several years.

Welcome!!!!!