PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43

Jon
08-13-2017, 12:02 AM
*looks down shamefaced, kicking dirt*
Umm, hi? I'm Bethany.

Well well, Bethany. Welcome to the site. How did you come across the site? Did you join on your own accord or did you lose a bet? :cyclops:

My innocence was taken advantage of by some unsavory hooligans in a bowling alley.

I thought it was a vigorous horse ride. At least that's the rumor going around The Forge.

Jon
08-13-2017, 12:04 AM
Oh God I am a bad man..I apologize.

Brian861
08-13-2017, 10:57 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?
Actually I discovered the Dark Tower by the trailer of the film. Once I heard the Gunslinger's creed something inside me said: You have to read it!

Who is your favorite character?
I'm pretty sure my favorite character is Roland Deschain. Since the beginning of The Gunslinger, this character was interesting to me. Where did he come from? Which are his goals? There were lots of questions about that mysterious guy. However, these are the same questions we could ask ourselves in every single story we read. That's why Roland wasn't my favorite until I read The Waste Lands, where King showed us that he wasn't just a heartless man but someone who could truly love too.

What is your favorite book?
The Waste Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Zamora, Spain

do you have a nickname?
Not really

how did you find this site?
I was looking for a site where I could talk about the Dark Tower, and this was the first one I found. Moreover, I wanted an English forum because, on the one hand, it has more activity than any other Spanish forum and, on the second hand, I thought it could be a great opportunity to improve my writing.

Welcome, Yo!

Sai Sheb
08-14-2017, 06:14 AM
Oh God I am a bad man..I apologize.

Tell us something we don't know...:smile: you're just shy the rain Mac...

Frondz
08-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi all! I am new to this forum, and would love some help.
A little about me - currently living in western WA. Started collecting books about 7 years ago, and SK was my first endeavor.
The Dark Tower books are my favorites, and I recently happened upon a signed copy of The Gunslinger at a book store near me. I'd love to be directed to a thread where I could post a picture of the signature and get some feedback. It is dated 2/18/88. Wondering about its authenticity and if anyone knows of a signing or event he would have been present at on that particular date.

Thanks in advance!

Brian861
08-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Hi all! I am new to this forum, and would love some help.
A little about me - currently living in western WA. Started collecting books about 7 years ago, and SK was my first endeavor.
The Dark Tower books are my favorites, and I recently happened upon a signed copy of The Gunslinger at a book store near me. I'd love to be directed to a thread where I could post a picture of the signature and get some feedback. It is dated 2/18/88. Wondering about its authenticity and if anyone knows of a signing or event he would have been present at on that particular date.

Thanks in advance!

As stated in another thread; Welcome!

Merlin1958
08-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Welcome!!!! Beware the man in black!!! :clap:

blkmsk
08-25-2017, 04:45 PM
hi, new member - longtime King fan and reader, just finished book 7 of dark tower tonight. was looking for a real forum to discuss the story and other books, excited to be here

blkmsk
08-25-2017, 04:51 PM

was always aware of it, finally picked it up earlier this year

Walter / Roland tie, also Callahan

Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

USA

Randall Flagg
08-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Welcome.

Poke around a bit. I'm sure you will find things to your liking.

Once you have 5 posts, other cool things will be available.

Brian861
08-25-2017, 08:39 PM
hi, new member - longtime King fan and reader, just finished book 7 of dark tower tonight. was looking for a real forum to discuss the story and other books, excited to be here

Welcome! Come in, sit down, kick your shoes off, and stay a spell......

Girlystevedave
08-26-2017, 07:08 AM

Welcome!
You've found a great place to discuss the books. I hope you enjoy the site. :)

Also, I'm not sure if you've got to get your 5 posts before being able to post in these specific threads, but here is a great place to start if you're wanting to discuss the series. :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?20-The-Baronies

Jon
08-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Welcome folks!!!

peripheral
09-04-2017, 04:31 AM
Welcome newcomers!

Brian861
09-04-2017, 06:39 AM
I am new here too, looking forward to this site.

Welcome!

Br!an
09-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Welcome all!

HONKYTONKSMASH
09-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the Thunderdome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sai Sheb
09-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Welcome one and all!!

Jon
09-09-2017, 08:03 PM
WELCOME!!!!!!

Sent from my cheap ass android using the latest trendy app.

Tony Two-Cent
09-22-2017, 07:44 AM
Newbie here from Illinois. Huge fan of the Dark Tower series and Stephen King in general. Also a huge fan of Robert McCammon and collector of his books.

Brian861
09-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Newbie here from Illinois. Huge fan of the Dark Tower series and Stephen King in general. Also a huge fan of Robert McCammon and collector of his books.

Welcome! Which "Family" are you a part of? :)

Girlystevedave
09-22-2017, 08:41 AM

Welcome to the site! You've found a great place to discuss all things King AND McCammon. :thumbsup:

Jon
09-23-2017, 05:49 PM
WELCOME, TONY!!!!

(Bobby The Chin says hello.)

Marlie
09-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Hello all! I can't believe I'm just now finding this place! I was checking out info about the Sleeping Beauties book tour and landed here. Looks like a great group of people, and fortunately they all like what I like. 8)

My mom

Roland

The first one!

How old are you?

Thirty-kshvyfjjh

Where are you from?

Missouri

do you have a nickname?

Not one I've heard out loud.

Google!

mae
09-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Welcome, Marlie! You also win the cutest avatar contest.

Marlie
09-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Aww haha thanks! Even though it doesn't feel like fall here at 91 degrees, I gotta keep it festive. :)

Brian861
09-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Welcome, Marlie!

Marlie
09-24-2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks Brian! Your sig is spot on!

Brian861
09-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Thanks Brian! Your sig is spot on!

Thanks! A quote from one of our members here and a very high end collector. You should visit his collection thread. Click here: Book Collection: Anonymous (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17920-Book-Collection-Anonymous)

Girlystevedave
09-24-2017, 06:43 PM
Welcome, Marlie! It's always cool to meet new King fans. I hope you like this place.

Tony Two-Cent
09-25-2017, 07:27 AM
Question from a newbie:

I have been posting to this forum since September 13, approximately 8-10 posts so far, yet none of my posts show up except the one in this "Introduce Yourself" thread. I understand that posts from new users must be approved by an administrator, but does it usually take this long? Just curious.

Randall Flagg
09-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Question from a newbie:

I have been posting to this forum since September 13, approximately 8-10 posts so far, yet none of my posts show up except the one in this "Introduce Yourself" thread. I understand that posts from new users must be approved by an administrator, but does it usually take this long? Just curious.

Should not have taken that long. I believe it's fixed now.

J

Tony Two-Cent
09-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Question from a newbie:

Should not have taken that long. I believe it's fixed now.

J

It is fixed now. THANK YOU!

Starkraven7
09-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Hi Ya'll, I've loved and learned from this website for years and finally decided to jump in.

I started reading them on day 1 of publication and, while I enjoy the series, I love his stand-alone novels and short stories more.

Dark Tower - Randall
Other stories - Wireman from Duma Key

Joyland

How old are you?
Age is just a number and mine's unlisted.

Where are you from?
Originally a cheesehead - now live in Florida

do you have a nickname?
Syl

I've been enjoying it for years as an Outsider. Found it looking for book tour in 2016.

Starkraven7
09-26-2017, 12:39 PM
Make that 2012 - I can't even blame autocorrect. #sad

Girlystevedave
09-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join. :thumbsup:

Starkraven7
09-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Thanks!! :)

mae
09-26-2017, 02:22 PM
All these ladies joining is great! Need more girl power up in this dude-heavy establishment.

Brian861
09-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Welcome from behind the shadows, Syl!

Girlystevedave
09-27-2017, 04:57 AM
All these ladies joining is great! Need more girl power up in this dude-heavy establishment.

"dude-heavy establishment". :lol:

mae
09-27-2017, 05:24 AM
Well, it is! I'm sure RF has the actual stats.

Girlystevedave
09-27-2017, 06:11 AM
No, I'm sure you're right. I just liked your wording. :thumbsup:

Brian861
09-27-2017, 08:37 AM

"dude-heavy establishment". :lol:

AKA Sausage Party.

Jon
09-30-2017, 07:04 PM
"Heavy dude establishment?"

Jon
09-30-2017, 07:05 PM
WELCOME FOLKS!!!

Br!an
10-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Welcome Tony, Marlie & Sr7!

Sai Sheb
10-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Welcome newbies to Pablo's"dude heavy establishment"... Now it just sounds wrong

Zidan
10-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Hello all,

Longtime fan of the forum, which has been helpful for all sorts of things including researching/validating 1st editions, but I finally decided to sign up and participate as an active member. I was born and raised in Egypt, where I was introduced to Stephen King's work at a flea market in Cairo where I picked up the shabby copies of the Gunslinger and Salem's Lot. While the Gunslinger didn't get my juices flowing at age 14, Salem's Lot certainly did. It enthralled me and I have been a King fan ever since. While I've read over 50 of King's works, I stayed away from The Dark Tower series until 2017 when I read it at age 26 in Canada. What an idiotic mistake to wait 12 years to read this. Phenomenal series.

My enjoyment for The Dark Tower series piqued my interest in collecting King books, particularly 1st editions, limited books, and even from the Stephen King 'Red Leather' Library. This site has been instrumental in developing my enjoyment for this newfound hobby and I look forward to learning more over time.

Brian861
10-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Welcome officially, Zidan!

Zidan
10-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Thank you, Brian! Glad to be here.

Zidan
10-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Thank you, Brian! Glad to be here.

Girlystevedave
10-06-2017, 01:50 PM
. While I've read over 50 of King's works, I stayed away from The Dark Tower series until 2017 when I read it at age 26 in Canada. What an idiotic mistake to wait 12 years to read this. Phenomenal series.

Don't feel too idiotic for it. I did the same thing. I read King obsessively for about 12-13 years before finally giving into The Dark Tower. I was so overwhelmed over the prospect of starting King's magnum opus that I put it off as long as possible. I even picked up The Gunslinger on two separate occasions and put it back down because I couldn't get into it. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the King series that was supposed to be the best thing ever from his collection. But, luckily, third time's a charm because when I picked up The Gunslinger again, I was absolutely hooked and it changed everything for me.

Also, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy exploring everything and discussing everything King. :)

Brian861
10-06-2017, 02:15 PM
. While I've read over 50 of King's works, I stayed away from The Dark Tower series until 2017 when I read it at age 26 in Canada. What an idiotic mistake to wait 12 years to read this. Phenomenal series.

Don't feel too idiotic for it. I did the same thing. I read King obsessively for about 12-13 years before finally giving into The Dark Tower. I was so overwhelmed over the prospect of starting King's magnum opus that I put it off as long as possible. I even picked up The Gunslinger on two separate occasions and put it back down because I couldn't get into it. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the King series that was supposed to be the best thing ever from his collection. But, luckily, third time's a charm because when I picked up The Gunslinger again, I was absolutely hooked and it changed everything for me.

Also, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy exploring everything and discussing everything King. :)

Although I finished the journey years ago; TDT series has never been a fav of mine. Book 2 & 4 were the high points for me. I really enjoyed the return of Father Callahan.

Zidan
10-07-2017, 08:28 AM

My issue was more that I stubbornly refused accept that a series that I saw at the time as basically The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly meets Lord of the Rings would be worth my time or would match the intensity of Salem's Lot, IT, The Shining, The Stand, or even Desperation. It is one of the rare occasions when you're actually happy to have been so wrong all these years.

Thank you for the kind welcome :) Glad to be here.

Zidan
10-07-2017, 08:28 AM

My issue was more that I stubbornly refused accept that a series that I saw at the time as basically The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly meets Lord of the Rings would be worth my time or would match the intensity of Salem's Lot, IT, The Shining, The Stand, or even Desperation. It is one of the rare occasions when you're actually happy to have been so wrong all these years.

Thank you for the kind welcome :) Glad to be here.

Girlystevedave
10-07-2017, 10:01 AM
I agree wholly. I also couldn't fathom how I was going to enjoy such a series as much as I enjoyed Desperation or The Talisman or all those other King books that stole my heart.
I was so stupid. :lol:

Edit: Also, it's very cool that you named Desperation. That is one of my all-time favorite King books. :thumbsup:

Jon
10-07-2017, 07:21 PM
WELCOME FOLKS!!!!!

redman
10-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Hi my name is Marcus and I am from Kansas City. I am a huge King fan and have been reading and listening to his books for 20 years or so. I remember the 1st book I read was Misery and it captured me. I signed up here a while back but I just lurked but I thought I should introduce myself

Zidan
10-10-2017, 08:01 AM
I agree wholly. I also couldn't fathom how I was going to enjoy such a series as much as I enjoyed Desperation or The Talisman or all those other King books that stole my heart.
I was so stupid. :lol:

Edit: Also, it's very cool that you named Desperation. That is one of my all-time favorite King books. :thumbsup:

Desperation would have likely been an all-time fav (for me) had the ending not been so disappointing. 75% of Desperation was phenomenal. That final 25% though...

Brian861
10-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Desperation would have likely been an all-time fav had the ending not been so disappointing. 75% of Desperation was phenomenal. That final 25% though...

Ugh.

Brian861
10-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Hi my name is Marcus and I am from Kansas City. I am a huge King fan and have been reading and listening to his books for 20 years or so. I remember the 1st book I read was Misery and it captured me. I signed up here a while back but I just lurked but I thought I should introduce myself

Welcome fellow flatlander!

redman
10-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Thanks

peripheral
10-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Welcome all newcomers... Go deep.

Girlystevedave
10-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Welcome all newcomers... Go deep.

[resists that what she said joke]

Girlystevedave
10-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Welcome! Stop lurking and start posting. :lol:

LelandGaunt
10-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Hello all. New guy here. I’ve seen several folks talk about this forum on various King collecting pages on FB and thought I’d check it out.

redman
10-11-2017, 07:54 PM

Welcome! Stop lurking and start posting. [emoji38]I plan to

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Girlystevedave
10-12-2017, 05:06 AM
Hello all. New guy here. I’ve seen several folks talk about this forum on various King collecting pages on FB and thought I’d check it out.

Glad you decided to check it out. Welcome!

Welcome! Stop lurking and start posting. [emoji38]I plan to

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

Brian861
10-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Welcome, Leland!

Jon
10-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Welcome!!!

Sai Sheb
10-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Welcome one and all! Great to see so many king fans!!

writersblock
10-17-2017, 04:31 AM
Hi there my name is John and I am from Scotland. Been a King fan forever and currently rereading all of his books and short stories (just 'cause) - and I have started a podcast with a friend. We have recorded episode one and it's on soundcloud and was a ton o' fun,

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

webstar1000
10-17-2017, 04:36 AM
Hi there my name is John and I am from Scotland. Been a King fan forever and currently rereading all of his books and short stories (just 'cause) - and I have started a podcast with a friend. We have recorded episode one and it's on soundcloud and was a ton o' fun,

Welcome!!!

peripheral
10-17-2017, 04:37 AM
Welcome Leland and writersblock, you are well met...

Brian861
10-17-2017, 05:40 AM
Welcome, John!

writersblock
10-17-2017, 05:57 AM
Thanks everyone. Appreciate your warm welcomes.

Girlystevedave
10-17-2017, 09:06 AM

Very cool! Welcome to the site.

pmkane
10-19-2017, 09:07 AM
This is my first time posting and I am very much looking forward to going through all the threads . . . long time collector with a modest, but special collection of Stephen King books. I am also a photographer, so expect some shots of my collection soon . . .

-pmk

pmkane
10-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Found this site by watching Suntup Edition's video tour of Bob Jackson's amazing collection!

Totally got me jazzed up!

-pmk

peripheral
10-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Welcome all...
and pmkane, let me know when you’re coming to Australia. I’m garbage at taking photographs of my collection...

Jon
10-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Welcome folken!!

Root
11-01-2017, 04:39 AM
Hile friends,

I'm Root, and I just found this place. I'm a long fan of SK and the DT series and figured I'd make an account.

I first started reading King in middle school, or maybe it was the first year of high school, time is funny now. I read a few of his books before stumbling across The Eyes of the Dragon which changed everything for me.

I then read the first two Dark Tower books in succession. Binge reading if you will. The Wastelands came out my senior year of high school, as I still own the hard-cover I bought my self as a graduation present. I guess you could say I grew up with The Dark Tower. I imagine it must be exciting to read all of the series in succession for the first time.

Long days a present nights

Brian861
11-01-2017, 06:24 AM
Welcome, Root!

talisman
11-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I started reading King with Cycle of the Werewolf, which I found in my middle school library in the early 90's. I then started reading every book he had, and was left pretty empty when I finished The Waselands since none of the other books were out yet. lol

Who is your favorite character? Dark Tower? Oy. King in general? Travelin' Jack.

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands on the last read through if we're talking Tower, The Talisman if we're talking King in General, as should be evident by the screenname I've been using since the early 90's.

How old are you? Just turned 41.

Where are you from? I live in Texas in the Coastal Bend, but I'm not one of those assholes...

do you have a nickname? Nothing printable. lol

how did you find this site? A DT Facebook group mentioned it.

Looking forward to poking around.

:dance:[/QUOTE]

Brian861
11-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Welcome!

Sai Sheb
11-02-2017, 02:59 AM
Welcome everyone! Its great to see so many newcomers...
And talisman, most words are ok here... but be careful poking around, it might hurt...:emot-roflolmao:

Jon
11-04-2017, 09:22 PM
WELCOME FOLKS!!!

Girlystevedave
11-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Hile friends,

I'm Root, and I just found this place. I'm a long fan of SK and the DT series and figured I'd make an account.

I first started reading King in middle school, or maybe it was the first year of high school, time is funny now. I read a few of his books before stumbling across The Eyes of the Dragon which changed everything for me.

I then read the first two Dark Tower books in succession. Binge reading if you will. The Wastelands came out my senior year of high school, as I still own the hard-cover I bought my self as a graduation present. I guess you could say I grew up with The Dark Tower. I imagine it must be exciting to read all of the series in succession for the first time.

Long days a present nights

Welcome to the site, Root.

I'd say it's pretty awesome that your graduation present to yourself was a hardback copy of The Wastelands.
And being someone who was lucky enought to not start the series until all books were out, it was exciting to read them all at once. :lol: I've thought a lot about how hard it must have been having to wait for each book to come out. It had to have been torture.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Girlystevedave
11-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Hello everyone.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I started reading King with Cycle of the Werewolf, which I found in my middle school library in the early 90's. I then started reading every book he had, and was left pretty empty when I finished The Waselands since none of the other books were out yet. lol

Who is your favorite character? Dark Tower? Oy. King in general? Travelin' Jack.

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands on the last read through if we're talking Tower, The Talisman if we're talking King in General, as should be evident by the screenname I've been using since the early 90's.

How old are you? Just turned 41.

Where are you from? I live in Texas in the Coastal Bend, but I'm not one of those assholes...

do you have a nickname? Nothing printable. lol

how did you find this site? A DT Facebook group mentioned it.

Looking forward to poking around.

:dance:

Ah! As I said in another post, I can't imagine having to wait between each Dark Tower book. I'm sure "empty" doesn't even begin to describe the feelings that came from the wait. :lol:

Please do tell who "those assholes" are in Texas. haha

Welcome to the site! And I'm sure that once you're comfortable, you'll find that your nickname is printable around here. haha

Girlystevedave
11-08-2017, 07:55 AM
And talisman, most words are ok here... but be careful poking around, it might hurt...:emot-roflolmao:

I'm not even gonna call that "That's what she said" because it's too easy. :P

Sai Sheb
11-09-2017, 01:46 PM

I'm not even gonna call that "That's what she said" because it's too easy. :P

Please do...

Girlystevedave
11-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Haha. It's not the same if you tell me to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTb0o2XAyg

Jon
11-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Hey yeah...welcome folks...no poking required. Ignore the creepy chicks.

Sai Sheb
11-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Haha. It's not the same if you tell me to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTb0o2XAyg

Strangely enough, thats what she said...

Girlystevedave
11-10-2017, 09:09 PM
:lol:

JoeHillFan
11-13-2017, 05:19 AM
Andy from England, 34. Been collecting Joe Hll for many years, now it's time to break the wallet and collect his father too!

becca69
11-13-2017, 05:39 AM
Welcome Andy.

fernandito
11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Welcome, one and all.

Brian861
11-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Andy from England, 34. Been collecting Joe Hll for many years, now it's time to break the wallet and collect his father too!

Welcome, Andy! Great to have another Hill fan aboard!

Jon
11-18-2017, 08:34 PM
WELCOME ALL!!!

Sai Sheb
11-19-2017, 01:51 AM
Welcome Andy glad to have you here!

lotuz
11-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Hi all!

Tim here, 33. I have always been an avid reader, and first discovered SK when I was 10 and my older brother left a paperback copy of The Shining out. It was the one with the cover that Paul Suntup decided to print here:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/the-shining-1st-paperback-edition-print?variant=811699961866

so I have ordered two of those prints as gifts - one to myself and one for my brother.

I started collecting about 5 years ago, slowly at first, but now I'm completely hooked. I'm a completist by nature so I don't think I can ever start seriously collecting SK because there's simply too much! But I do like first editions, proofs, and limiteds of my favorite of his works.

In general, I collect books by my favorite authors (SK, Tim Powers, Gore Vidal, Richard Laymon, and others), first editions and limited editions of any books I enjoyed reading, and I have a particular soft spot for books that are beautifully or unusually bound, regardless of content.

My biggest collection is Centipede Press, which hits the sweet spot of limited editions of books I enjoyed reading and books that are nicely bound. As a completist, CP is interesting because in the early days there were often several states of the limited editions and it's interesting to see how they evolved. One day I might be able to complete the full collection and I am in the process of making peace with the fact that they won't all have matching numbers :frown2:.

I've stumbled across these boards several times in the past when searching for Cemetery Dance, Sub Press, and Centipede Press info, and have lurked for awhile. I was hesitant to make an account because I'm not a full fledged SK collector, but there simply aren't that many outlets for book collectors in general to talk about collecting and to compare notes, and this seems like a welcoming and generous community even if SK is not the focus of one's collection.

I'm very glad I finally signed up!

Randall Flagg
11-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the boards.

InsufficientData
11-22-2017, 02:47 PM
My parents had a copy of Wizard and Glass, which they kept on their shelf, after attempting to read it, I discovered that it was part of a series. At the time I didn't have the internet so I couldn't just buy it; I roamed charity shops hoping to find a copy of The Gunslinger, but I found nothing aside from The Wastelands (but I felt I couldn't start there either). Eventually I saved enough money to purchase the revised version from Waterstones, thus began my journey.

Who is your favourite character?
I would say The Man In Black, or Randell Flagg, if you will.

What is your favourite book?
My favourite book from the series is The Wastelands. My favourite book in general? Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show, though I'm re-reading a lot of my King books (including The Dark Tower books) so that may get thrown off of it's pedestal at some point.

How old are you?
Young, 18.

Where are you from?
England.

Do you have a nickname?
Data, because I'm full of useless information.

How did you find this site?
I looked up The Dark Tower, and there this website was.

I'm currently sorting out my account, so my apologies if something looks 'off'.

Randall Flagg
11-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the site!

InsufficientData
11-22-2017, 03:03 PM
Thankee-sai.

Brian861
11-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Welcome, folks! It's so much more than just a SK site. Little something for everyone.

St. Troy
11-23-2017, 09:56 AM
My favourite book in general? Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show...

A fine choice.

peripheral
11-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Welcome Root, Talisman, lotuz and InsufficientData (and anyone else I’ve missed). A wave of newcomers! Excellente...

InsufficientData
11-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Peripheral, I can't help but notice that your profile pic is an art piece by Matthew Barney for his cremaster series.

Jon
11-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Welcome, folks! It's so much more than just a SK site. Little something for everyone.

Even cannibals!!!

Welcome folks!!

Brian861
11-25-2017, 09:40 PM

Even cannibals!!!

Welcome folks!!

Especially cannibals.

Sai Sheb
11-27-2017, 01:45 PM
I knew a joke about cannibal Russian roulette...
Ouch!

Jon
12-02-2017, 08:07 PM
You and your porn...lol

dgraham42
12-07-2017, 05:23 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend that worked i a bookstore recommended it right around the time The Wastelands came out.

Who is your favorite character? Tough one, maybe Father Callahan?

What is your favorite book? Wastelands or Wizard & Glass

How old are you? 43

Where are you from? NJ originally, now VT

do you have a nickname? Nope

how did you find this site? Known about it for a long time, but registered because a member reached out to me via an ebay auction and now I'm trying to get in touch with them here.

Brian861
12-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Welcome!

Swenny
12-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone. Super new to this, but none of my friends read King, or any books really. I'm loving the info on all the collectible books out there.

peripheral
12-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Peripheral, I can't help but notice that your profile pic is an art piece by Matthew Barney for his cremaster series.

That it is, InsufficientData... I was glad your noticing was unable to be helped. Are you a Barney fan also?

peripheral
12-08-2017, 08:28 PM
WELCOME dgraham42 (hope you find who you're after) and Swenny, you'll find everything on King collecting here (and if it's not here, it's not anywhere).

Swenny
12-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Yeah, it's nice to find a resource like this. I have trouble trusting eBay when it comes to certain things.

Brian861
12-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone. Super new to this, but none of my friends read King, or any books really. I'm loving the info on all the collectible books out there.

Welcome!

Jon
12-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Welcome folks!!!

Br!an
12-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Welcome!

Sai Sheb
12-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Welcome, welcome and merry christmas! Lets hope Santa comes down your chimney...

Brian861
12-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Welcome, welcome and merry christmas! Lets hope Santa comes down your chimney...

And not up your chute :lol:

FlyerPhan0826
12-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Hey all,

Been lurking the site for quite a while and finally decided to sign up.

I've just started collecting books this past year and have focused the start of my collection with King. This site has been a great resource even for a lurker like me... Including an introduction to Jeff who I received a slipcase from for a S/L Ready Player One.

I'm typically not much of a poster but am amazed at what a great community this seems to be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Brian861
12-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Hey all,

Been lurking the site for quite a while and finally decided to sign up.

I've just started collecting books this past year and have focused the start of my collection with King. This site has been a great resource even for a lurker like me... Including an introduction to Jeff who I received a slipcase from for a S/L Ready Player One.

I'm typically not much of a poster but am amazed at what a great community this seems to be!

Welcome!

Jon
12-16-2017, 09:21 PM
WELCOME FOLKS!!!

I recommend a condom in your chimney and your chute!!

tbone
02-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Hi, I just joined the thread. Found the site through The Stephen King Collector site. I've been collecting King material since the early 80's. It all started when I wanted to obtain a copy of the Gunslinger to read only to discover its limited publishing run. I ended up buying a set of Talisman S/L, Gunslinger, COTW and Thinner (2 of each) to gain access to the Gunslinger. Been collecting in a haphazard manner ever since. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm moving next year after 20 years in the same place and am looking to divest my collection rather than move it, so you might see me respond to items wanted posts. Not quite ready to list everything for sale.

Randall Flagg
02-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the site.

Brian861
02-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Welcome, tbone!

Father Cody
02-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Hello

Might as well be honest. I saw the trailer for the movie back around June or July 2017 and wanted to read the books before the movie. So, I downloaded The Gunslinger on a Kindle and haven't turned back since.

Eddie Dean or Cuthbert Allgood. I've only read up to Wizard & Glass so far so I'm not sure if these two will remain as my favorites.

Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Currently living in Texas

do you have a nickname?
No

Google I think

Girlystevedave
02-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the site!
I'm so jealous that you're reading for the first time around. You've found a great place to discuss everything as you go, but beware of spoilers. :)

Oreo713
02-15-2018, 12:22 PM
I am so computer illiterate.....how do I add an avatar?

Girlystevedave
02-15-2018, 12:35 PM

Go to Settings at the top right corner of the screen, then scroll down to Edit Avatar on left-side panel. You can then upload a photo or enter a url to your pic. :)

Oreo713
02-15-2018, 01:55 PM

Go to Settings at the top right corner of the screen, then scroll down to Edit Avatar on left-side panel. You can then upload a photo or enter a url to your pic. :)

Thank you! I will definitely give that a try tonight!

Merlin1958
02-15-2018, 08:51 PM
Welcome All!!!!!!!!

Brian861
02-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Hello

Eddie Dean or Cuthbert Allgood. I've only read up to Wizard & Glass so far so I'm not sure if these two will remain as my favorites.

Eddie all the way!

Drawing of the Three

Yes! Followed by Wizard and Glass.

+avatar :)

Oreo713
02-16-2018, 09:33 AM

Now I really feel like an illiterate...how do I go about finding an avatar?

peripheral
02-16-2018, 11:34 AM
Lots of new members... Welcome, Everyone. If you’re interested in collecting Stephen King, there is no better digs on the planet...

Father Cody
02-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers!

Girlystevedave
02-16-2018, 12:12 PM

You can do a google image search for a picture you'd like, then copy the url (image address).

Oreo713
02-16-2018, 12:59 PM

You can do a google image search for a picture you'd like, then copy the url (image address).

Thanks again. Now I just have to figure out what I'd like as my avatar!!

amd013
02-16-2018, 02:30 PM
How about a double stuffed Oreo?

Randall Flagg
02-16-2018, 03:06 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1518822357-oreotastic.jpg

Merlin1958
02-16-2018, 03:06 PM
New members!!!!!!!!

Be sure to stop and check in with the site's Annual Fundraiser!!!! Lots of fun and very unique and original King collectible items will be offered at auction to benefit the cause. Plus, $10 donations get you an entry (you can amass up to 20 entries with multiple donations) into the Grand prize Drawing for a book personally signed by, Stephen King!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21334-2018-Dt.Org-Fundraiser-Benefitting-Bangor-Public-Library-and-Others

TravelinJack
02-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Welcome all newcomers! Enjoy the site, information, and good people. Fun times.

Oreo713
02-16-2018, 07:29 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1518822357-oreotastic.jpg

That's absolutely hysterical!!! Thanks Jerome! (It is Jerome, yes?)

Sai Sheb
02-17-2018, 02:25 AM
Welcome one and all...

Jon
02-17-2018, 06:15 PM
WELCOME!!!

To all new members and confections.

Emmanuelle
02-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Hello !

My name is Emmanuelle and I'm new here...

I discovered this forum on a French Fan Site.

My favourite character is Annie Wilkes :)

It

How old are you?
I'm 38 years old

Where are you from?
From Paris, in France

do you have a nickname?
Emma

I discovered this forum on a French Fan Site.

Brian861
02-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Welcome, Emma!

mae
02-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Welcome to all the newbies! Come, reap!

Father Cody
02-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the site!
I'm so jealous that you're reading for the first time around. You've found a great place to discuss everything as you go, but beware of spoilers. :)

Forgot to quote you in my reply! Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers. Have you read all of his books already?

Girlystevedave
02-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the site!

Forgot to quote you in my reply! Thanks for the welcome and the tip about spoilers. Have you read all of his books already?

Yes to all of the Dark Tower books, but no to all of King's other books. I've read almost everything, but still have a few on my to-read list. :)
What about you? Is The Dark Tower your first King read?

Br!an
02-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Welcome tbone, adammoro, Emmanuelle, (I've seen your movies.:evil:)

Father Cody
02-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the site!

Yes to all of the Dark Tower books, but no to all of King's other books. I've read almost everything, but still have a few on my to-read list. :)

Admittedly, I've only just started reading for pleasure about six or seven months ago. I saw the DT movie trailer and had been wanting to get into reading for a while at that time so I thought why not start with that. I read Gunslinger and was hooked. Honestly, the ending blew my mind. I powered through until I finished Wizard and Glass and realized I'm missing out on all the connections from his other novels and stories. I decided then I'd read his work in chronological order and ordered a copy of Carrie. I'm now about a quarter of the way through The Stand and still kicking myself for not picking up this hobby much earlier in my life. Yet, the bright side, as you said, is I have SO much left of this amazing author's work to read!

Father Cody
02-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Welcome tbone, adammoro, Emmanuelle, (I've seen your movies.:evil:)

Thanks, glad to be here, Brian!

Girlystevedave
02-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the site!

Admittedly, I've only just started reading for pleasure about six or seven months ago. I saw the DT movie trailer and had been wanting to get into reading for a while at that time so I thought why not start with that. I read Gunslinger and was hooked. Honestly, the ending blew my mind. I powered through until I finished Wizard and Glass and realized I'm missing out on all the connections from his other novels and stories. I decided then I'd read his work in chronological order and ordered a copy of Carrie. I'm now about a quarter of the way through The Stand and still kicking myself for not picking up this hobby much earlier in my life. Yet, the bright side, as you said, is I have SO much left of this amazing author's work to read!

Man, how exciting that you have his entire catalog to explore. You are in for so many great adventures. :thumbsup:
So, as far as Dark Tower goes, have you paused at Wizard and Glass for now so you can read his other works?

Girlystevedave
02-21-2018, 06:08 AM
Hello !

My name is Emmanuelle and I'm new here...

Welcome to the site! :)

Sai Sheb
02-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Nice too have so many SK followers joining even if the DT film was shit ...
Welcome everyone enjoy yourselves...

Brian861
02-21-2018, 04:44 PM

:rofl: Sai. Always lover your avatars :lol:

Sai Sheb
02-21-2018, 11:09 PM

Thanks! Got to try your best, someone told me there were women round here... I'm trying too impress!

Girlystevedave
02-22-2018, 05:59 AM
Thanks! Got to try your best, someone told me there were women round here... I'm trying too impress!

:lol:

Brian861
02-22-2018, 08:05 AM

:thumbsup:

Oreo713
02-22-2018, 09:11 AM

OK I tried. It didn't work. I give up!!!!

Girlystevedave
02-22-2018, 09:27 AM

Did it say the file size was too large when you tried to use it?

Br!an
02-22-2018, 12:39 PM

I can walk you through it. Did you find a picture you like?

Sai Sheb
02-22-2018, 02:23 PM

I do it on my phone. Take a photo or screen shot, go into change avitar settings and pick your chosen picture... done

Jon
02-24-2018, 07:27 PM
Welcome folks!!

matt_1308
03-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Long time reader/collector/ purveyor of secret handshakes and illumanati membership so the Dark tower called to me and naturally I followed the path of the beam and arrived at a bookstore with a single rose in it's back garden picked up a book on the shelf named Gunslinger and my life was never the same again.

Roland with Jake chambers not too far behind.

in the DT series Drawing of the three. By SK hmmm that's like asking if you like all your kids equally (I don't have kids so EOTD)
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Australia
do you have a nickname?
Yes but I don't kiss on the first date so you will have to get to know me better.
It's all the High priests and Priestess talk about at High tea oh and an existing member I buy books from might have mentioned it in passing.

peripheral
03-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Welcome, all newcomers, to la King collezionista Famiglia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7S0uAph_fo

And especially to you, Matt. There's not too many of us Aussies on here, so remember - "Never rat on your friends, and don't give away to many of our secrets"... ;)

matt_1308
03-09-2018, 11:51 PM
Thanks peripheral for the warm welcome we will have to do something about the lack of Aussies on here at some point in time and as for you're advice of course that's a given an ehhhhh forgettaaaa but it !!

Br!an
03-10-2018, 06:41 AM
Welcome, Matt. :evil:

Girlystevedave
03-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Long time reader/collector/purveyor of secret handshakes and illumanati membership

Well, they're not so secret now, are they? :lol:

picked up a book on the shelf named Gunslinger and my life was never the same again.

Man, such a life-changing series for sure.

Brian861
03-10-2018, 04:16 PM
What is your favorite book? in the DT series Drawing of the three.

We're going to get along famously :thumbsup:

matt_1308
03-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Thanks Br!an am feeling the love so far

matt_1308
03-10-2018, 06:25 PM
@ Brian861 was a great series but Drawing of the Three is a big stand out for me... don't even get me started :)

@ Girlystevedave Well, they're not so secret now, are they? .... There is a Public secret handshake and then a secret secret handshake but I can't talk about that one until I have clocked up 5000 posts here :P

@ anyone who is listening .......... Is Brian a popular name here...... asking for a friend.

Jon
03-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Yeah a few Brians here. You can search the members list here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/memberlist.php).

WELCOME!!

Oh wait... you are an Aussie...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4796/40747205981_2dacd78778_b.jpg

JoeP
03-17-2018, 03:19 AM
Read every King book except the Dark Tower series. Read one 30 years ago, stared a second but I did not like it. Trying again. Reading the Gunslinger. I believe I read one of the others and not the Gunslinger so when I started the second it made no sense and tossed it aside. Wanted to avoid thinking King was losing his stuff.

TravelinJack
03-17-2018, 03:53 AM
Welcome! Enjoy your DT voyage.

Girlystevedave
03-17-2018, 05:16 AM
@ Girlystevedave Well, they're not so secret now, are they? .... There is a Public secret handshake and then a secret secret handshake but I can't talk about that one until I have clocked up 5000 posts here :P

Haha. And then I'm guessing there's a secret secret secret handshake that doesn't even "exist", huh? :lol:

Brian861
03-17-2018, 06:23 AM
Read every King book except the Dark Tower series. Read one 30 years ago, stared a second but I did not like it. Trying again. Reading the Gunslinger. I believe I read one of the others and not the Gunslinger so when I started the second it made no sense and tossed it aside. Wanted to avoid thinking King was losing his stuff.

Welcome!

Jon
03-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Welcome, Joe!!

Father Cody
03-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the site!

Man, how exciting that you have his entire catalog to explore. You are in for so many great adventures. :thumbsup:
So, as far as Dark Tower goes, have you paused at Wizard and Glass for now so you can read his other works?

Sorry for taking so long to reply. It’s been so long since I’ve used a forum that I’ve forgotten how to keep up. Add that to the ever growing list of how Facebook has ruined my life! :doh:

I’m very excited about the adventures ahead. The beautiful thing is that with the internet being the wealth of info it is nowadays, I can find an answer to almost any question about any book I may have. Also, there’s always a picture I can find that’ll help me visualize something if needed. It’s great!

Yep, I finished Wizard & Glass a few months ago and then read Carrie. I’ve been reading a couple books by other authors in between each SK book and I’m just about to finish the mind blowingly amazing piece of literary fiction that is The Stand. So, still got a ways to go before I resume DT, but I’m not complaining. Just wish I was a little bit quicker of a reader, but there’s a bright side to that being I’ll never get to a point in my life where I don’t have something great to read.

Sai Sheb
03-17-2018, 11:57 PM
Welcome one and all... take a look around, relax and enjoy..

Father Cody
03-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Welcome one and all... take a look around, relax and enjoy..

Thanks Sai Sheb. Starting to get the hang of it finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sai Sheb
03-18-2018, 12:03 PM
All good things....

drthene19
03-19-2018, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone,
I haven't been to the forum since the .net days but was looking into the community after a lively discussion about The Tower at work.
I discovered The Dark Tower in middle school by pure accident (Ka?) and falling into the world saved me from a lot of sad and lonely teenage nights
Favorite Character: Eddie. He had a gun fight naked. Enough said.
Favorite Book: Wolves of Calls
Age 34.
Excited to be here.

Sai Sheb
03-20-2018, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone,
I haven't been to the forum since the .net days but was looking into the community after a lively discussion about The Tower at work.
I discovered The Dark Tower in middle school by pure accident (Ka?) and falling into the world saved me from a lot of sad and lonely teenage nights
Age 34.
Excited to be here.

:smile_002: he said "naked"...:emot-roflolmao:

BadWolfGirl
04-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Long days and pleasant nights!

I've recently re-read the Dark Tower series; I read the first three books in the 90s and then the rest as they were released. I've decided to create a Dark Tower adventure campaign for our RPG group and will be scouring the board for obscure bits of lore I can incorporate!

Favorite character(s): Jake and Oy
Favorite DT book: The Wastelands, although Wolves of the Calla is a very close second
Age: "Old enough to vote and not old enough for Social Security" ;)

Girlystevedave
04-13-2018, 04:44 AM
Hello everyone,
Age 34.
Excited to be here.

Welcome to the site. The tower always draws you back in. :)

Girlystevedave
04-13-2018, 04:45 AM

I've recently re-read the Dark Tower series; I read the first three books in the 90s and then the rest as they were released. I've decided to create a Dark Tower adventure campaign for our RPG group and will be scouring the board for obscure bits of lore I can incorporate!

Favorite DT book: The Wastelands, although Wolves of the Calla is a very close second

Welcome!
And can you explain what you mean by "Dark Tower adventure campaign"? :)

Father Cody
04-13-2018, 05:34 AM
Hello everyone,
Age 34.
Excited to be here.

I think I introduced myself to you in another thread but if not, welcome to this awesome community!

Father Cody
04-13-2018, 05:37 AM

Welcome! I’m also interested in this adventure campaign you mentioned. What’s an RPG group? I know that acronym in the video game world but not in this context.

BadWolfGirl
04-13-2018, 08:48 AM
Welcome! I’m also interested in this adventure campaign you mentioned. What’s an RPG group? I know that acronym in the video game world but not in this context.

RPG = Role Playing Game. The tabletop kind. Old school, like D&D, except that tabletop RPGs have experienced a resurgence in the last few years. There are licensed tabletop RPGs for Sci Fi everything from Star Wars to Firefly to Doctor Who, and also lots of newly-released custom RPG settings - not licensed, just based on the universes the creators dreamt up. For example, Deadlands is a post-apocalyptic Western horror setting similar in ways to the Dark Tower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

Adventure/campaign typically refers to the books that accompany the RPG rules that allow DM's to "run" the group of generated characters through a story. Of course, no one's done an RPG system for Dark Tower, so I'd need to use an existing set of rules that's adaptable to different settings, then write my own story for the PCs to adventure in :)

Deadlands would be obvious, but I'm not a fan of all the game mechanics. One rule set I'm thinking of adapting is called "The Strange" http://thestrangerpg.com/ Another is Cypher: http://cypher-system.com/what-is-the-cypher-system/

Clear as mud yet? :)

Sai Sheb
04-14-2018, 12:10 AM
So do we get to wear rubber masks while playing?
Only joking! (Or am I) welcome aboard the good ship lollipop Badwolfgirl...

Jon
04-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone,
Age 34.
Excited to be here.

Welcome! What screen name did you go by at TDT.Net?

Jon
04-15-2018, 02:39 PM

RPG = Role Playing Game. The tabletop kind. Old school, like D&D, except that tabletop RPGs have experienced a resurgence in the last few years. There are licensed tabletop RPGs for Sci Fi everything from Star Wars to Firefly to Doctor Who, and also lots of newly-released custom RPG settings - not licensed, just based on the universes the creators dreamt up. For example, Deadlands is a post-apocalyptic Western horror setting similar in ways to the Dark Tower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

Adventure/campaign typically refers to the books that accompany the RPG rules that allow DM's to "run" the group of generated characters through a story. Of course, no one's done an RPG system for Dark Tower, so I'd need to use an existing set of rules that's adaptable to different settings, then write my own story for the PCs to adventure in :)

Deadlands would be obvious, but I'm not a fan of all the game mechanics. One rule set I'm thinking of adapting is called "The Strange" http://thestrangerpg.com/ Another is Cypher: http://cypher-system.com/what-is-the-cypher-system/

Clear as mud yet? :)

So you don't deal in Rocket Propelled Grenades?

Welcome anyway!

Brice
04-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Hi! :) I'm sorta like a new member. It's certainly been awhile at least.

Brian861
04-15-2018, 03:16 PM

Has been a minute or two. Welcome back, Brice!

Brice
04-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Thank you Brian!

Brian861
04-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Thank you Brian!

Welcome!

hawkesk
04-16-2018, 01:26 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Always been a follower since Cujo, the first Dark Tower book grabbed me: "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." I read an interview where he said it was his best opening line EVER, and I tend to agree!

Who is your favorite character? The Ka-tet, including Oy.

What is your favorite book? They are all one as far as I'm concerned.

How old are you? MYOB.

Where are you from? Currently living in Jomtien, Thailand.

Do you have a nickname? "Butch" to family and friends. (Which are you?) :)

How did you find this site? Google search

hawkesk
04-16-2018, 01:29 AM
I am looking for the novel where King described two matrons sharing cookies and tea in the afternoon, sun shining into their nook. It is one of the most vivid memories I've ever received from a writer, and I'd like to revisit.

Brian861
04-16-2018, 04:23 AM
Welcome, Butch!

stroppygoblin
04-16-2018, 04:51 AM
I am looking for the novel where King described two matrons sharing cookies and tea in the afternoon, sun shining into their nook. It is one of the most vivid memories I've ever received from a writer, and I'd like to revisit.

I would guess at "The Little Sisters of Eluria" as this is the only book I can think of that has matron's in it. However there is no reference to Tea or cookies in any of the book text. and 'nook' is only referenced in one passage that includes Roland and Sister Jenna:

“Besides,' she said as they lay back against the embankment of the little nook they had found, 'they'll not follow. Those that are left - Michela, Louise, Tamra - will be packing up to move on. They know to leave when the time comes; that's why the Sisters have survived as long as they have. ”

Randall Flagg
04-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Lisey's Story has quite a few mentions of a memory nook, including with Lisey and Amanda having a discussion in the nook.

Father Cody
04-16-2018, 06:44 AM
What is your favorite book? They are all one as far as I'm concerned.

Never thought of it that way but it makes sense. Welcome to TDT!

Sai Sheb
04-16-2018, 07:31 AM

Sounds like tLSoE but reminds me of when lisey ans her sis are sat outside in the sun... there were nurses in The Stand...
Anyway! Welcome butch...

Girlystevedave
04-16-2018, 12:08 PM

Welcome, Brice! Make yourself at home. Don't be a stranger. ;)

Brice
04-16-2018, 01:31 PM

Welcome, Brice! Make yourself at home. Don't be a stranger. ;)

:wub:

hawkesk
04-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Thanks!

Brice
04-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Welcome hawkesk!

Merlin1958
04-17-2018, 07:35 PM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Now he's here, then he's not!!!! lol lol

Welcome back, Brice for like the tenth time!!!!! Can I just make this a standing "Welcome Back" to be brought back time and again when appropriate? lol Just breaking your balls you Boston loving baked bean bastard!!!! lol lol

Brice
04-17-2018, 10:03 PM
:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

Yes, I probably need my own dedicated welcome back thread, but somehow I don't think Jerome would like that.

Girlystevedave
04-18-2018, 05:16 AM
Or we can report "Brice sightings" around the board.

"Details are sketchy, but witnesses report seeing a Brice post in the Rock n Roll Music Video thread earlier today."

robingrantham11
04-19-2018, 03:36 AM
Hello Everyone, I'm Robin from Crawley, England, Nice to meet you all.

Father Cody
04-19-2018, 03:48 AM

Welcome, Robin! What’s your favorite Dark Tower book?

Brian861
04-19-2018, 04:07 AM

Welcome, Robin!

Girlystevedave
04-19-2018, 07:13 AM

Girlystevedave
04-19-2018, 07:14 AM

Woah woah woah. You can't just go changing your name and confusing people [coughs/me/coughs] like that. :lol:

Father Cody
04-19-2018, 07:20 AM

Woah woah woah. You can't just go changing your name and confusing people [coughs/me/coughs] like that. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn’t resist. Felt like I was half in, half out of the party.

Girlystevedave
04-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Haha. I understand. I was gonna say: "Well, now you're all in", but realized that was a horrible set-up for a That's What She Said joke, so I'll just say: Welcome? :lol:

Sai Sheb
04-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Welcome Robin.

Jon
04-21-2018, 06:11 PM
WELCOME Butch and Robin.

Damn this whiskey! I thought I saw Brice and Elvis coming out of a 7/11 in Michigan!!

Bo Cuthbert
05-10-2018, 07:14 PM

I was reading The Stand and started researching King. I thought this series to be more in my wheelhouse, so I dropped The Stand and picked up the Gunslinger. Still never finished The Stand!

Cuthbert Allgood. Honorable mention is Eddie.

Wizard & Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Midwest, USA.

do you have a nickname?

Bo.

Googling Dark Tower quotes.

Father Cody
05-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Welcome Bo! You picked the right site on google. :thumbsup:

mae
05-10-2018, 07:21 PM

Yup, probably goes:

#1 Google
#2 YouTube
#3 TheDarkTower.org

Bo Cuthbert
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM

Yup, probably goes:

#1 Google
#2 YouTube
#3 TheDarkTower.org

Something like that! What are the most active sections around here?

Father Cody
05-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Yup, probably goes:

#1 Google
#2 YouTube
#3 TheDarkTower.org

Something like that! What are the most active sections around here?

Mae, I think that was how it went for me the first time haha.

Bo, are you a collector? If so, check out Calvin’s Corner and all the “Book Collection” threads. Tons of fun there.

Brian861
05-11-2018, 04:03 AM
Welcome, Bo!

peripheral
05-11-2018, 04:17 AM
Welcome to all the newcomers... If you're into King and collecting, I'm sure you'll like it around here.

mae
05-11-2018, 04:35 AM
Don't forget to check The Oracle for all the breaking King news and stuff.

Jon
05-12-2018, 08:05 PM
WELCOME BO!!!

Sai Sheb
05-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Welcome Bo... and you really should finnish The Stand.. its great..

Br!an
05-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Welcome, Bo!

scotterpot
06-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Read other King books throughout high school and finally decided to give it a try after The Wastelands was published.

Undecided.

Wizard & Glass from DT, It overall

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Middle of the U.S.A.

Do you have a nickname?

Scotterpot

How did you find this site?

When I started more serious collecting recently. Been a guest for a while on the site but thought I'd jump in all the way.

Father Cody
06-13-2018, 07:24 AM
Nice to meet you, Scotterpot. What’s your favorite King collectible that you own?

scotterpot
06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Hi Father Cody,

Nice to meet you as well.

I'm starting out small, so currently own only about 15 artist/gift editions (in addition to almost all U.S. 1st/1st). No one personal favorite of these over the others, as of yet. Maybe as I move upwards in price point...

Sai Sheb
06-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Welcome scotterpot nice to have you here!

Father Cody
06-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Sounds like you’re off to a great start! I have a few first editions to go yet, too.

-Adam

scotterpot
06-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Sai. Appreciate it.

scotterpot
06-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Adam. I'm sure we will both get there slowly but surely.

Brian861
06-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Welcome!

scotterpot
06-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks, Brian.

Jon
06-16-2018, 11:24 PM
WELCOME Mr. Pot!!!...Ms. Pot!!

scotterpot
06-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Thanks, Jon. Good to be here.

Scott

Merlin1958
06-18-2018, 01:37 PM

Scott

You're going to want to tread lightly with, Jon. He's a n'ere do well and can be a bit of a cretin under the proper conditions!!! lol lol

Hey, Jon what's shaking, Bud? lol lol

Jon
06-23-2018, 10:57 PM

Scott

So...Scott pot?

Disregard Bill's words. I swear that sheep was 18!!