PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43

Jon
03-31-2016, 08:19 PM

I'd say my collection is really small-time, but I love it nonetheless.

- Andrew

This collection you speak of...is it coins...stamps...Squirrel placentas...?

If it IS placentas...I have a zebra placenta from Kenya...I can send you a pic...

Welcome BTW

Sai Sheb
04-01-2016, 01:08 AM
I know someone who had a collection of animal penis's....

Brian861
04-01-2016, 01:15 AM
I know someone who had a collection of animal penis's....

Sheb, you disturb me dear, Sir :scared:. And I think it would have been better to have "known" said person rather than to know them lol.

Sai Sheb
04-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Brian, I agree! But life is strange and strange people make it interesting!

Brian861
04-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Brian, I agree! But life is strange and strange people make it interesting!

Can't argue that logic :).

ym2000
04-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I actually just started reading Stephen King after The Shining, so that journey is still ahead

Who is your favorite character? Jon Snow?

What is your favorite book? I grew up obsessing with Jules Verne, Dumas, Sabatini, Haggard - and now I am a huge GRRM fan along with Zafon and Perez-Reverte

How old are you? 42

Where are you from? Portland Maine. And its only 2 hours away from King's house. :) but originally from Ukraine

do you have a nickname? jagermeister. As my real name kind of sounds like that

how did you find this site? Google, while doing research on collecting books

Br!an
04-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Welcome Jagermeister!

Trust me. I do this all the time.

ym2000
04-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Welcome Jagermeister!

Trust me. I do this all the time.
Thank you!!!

Br!an
04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
And that was five. Now you can PM and start threads and whatnot.

ValHallAwaits
04-04-2016, 06:41 PM
The big pieces I was waiting on arrived. https://imgur.com/a/fGIMX

Like I said, it's a smaller collection size-wise but I have a narrow focus. Haha.

Currently in the market for a 1st UK Red Rising which isn't all torn to crap.

jhanic
04-05-2016, 03:28 AM
Welcome, all!

John

peripheral
04-05-2016, 04:14 AM
The big pieces I was waiting on arrived. https://imgur.com/a/fGIMX

Like I said, it's a smaller collection size-wise but I have a narrow focus. Haha.

Currently in the market for a 1st UK Red Rising which isn't all torn to crap.

Looks like a solid collection to me - nice set of HC fantasy 1sts, but any Stephen King stuff hiding out?

ValHallAwaits
04-05-2016, 05:14 AM
Looks like a solid collection to me - nice set of HC fantasy 1sts, but any Stephen King stuff hiding out?

Nah, nothing beyond a couple thrifted things like a 1st Tommyknockers and some reading copies. I used to be much more of a King fan than I am these days but I've really fallen out of love with his writing. Ironically, the DT series is what really soured me on him.

Sai Sheb
04-05-2016, 05:39 AM
Valhall, that's a courageous statement! Did you fall out of love with his early stuff also? I mean the writing style is somewhat different!
And, welcome to the site my friend...

ValHallAwaits
04-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Valhall, that's a courageous statement! Did you fall out of love with his early stuff also? I mean the writing style is somewhat different!

Thankee Sai.

I still enjoy some of the earlier books and can still appreciate the quality of the writing. I may be completely off-base but I've come to feel that his writing began to suffer when he cut back on his use of psychadelics (haha). Feel free to correct me on the timeline if I'm wrong. I hated UtD, 11/22/63, and all the books after Wizard and Glass in the DT series.

I can still go back and enjoy The Shining but I prefer Kubrick's version. Misery and It are still something I could read. I enjoyed On Writing. I wouldn't dream of blowing smoke and saying I've ever gotten into King past his entry level works.

Sai Sheb
04-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Fair enough!! And your right about his style change after his lifestyle change...

ym2000
04-05-2016, 09:48 AM
And that was five. Now you can PM and start threads and whatnot.

Feels good! Thank you!

Girlystevedave
04-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Welcome new members!

Also, any time new members come on board, I feel like the jack-in-the-box from Toy Story 3 when Woody and the gang first meet all the other toys at the day care. "Yay, new toys!" :)

Brian861
04-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Welcome new members!

Also, any time new members come on board, I feel like the jack-in-the-box from Toy Story 3 when Woody and the gang first meet all the other toys at the day care. "Yay, new toys!" :)

:rofl:

peripheral
04-06-2016, 04:21 AM

Thankee Sai.

I still enjoy some of the earlier books and can still appreciate the quality of the writing. I may be completely off-base but I've come to feel that his writing began to suffer when he cut back on his use of psychadelics (haha). Feel free to correct me on the timeline if I'm wrong. I hated UtD, 11/22/63, and all the books after Wizard and Glass in the DT series.

I can still go back and enjoy The Shining but I prefer Kubrick's version. Misery and It are still something I could read. I enjoyed On Writing. I wouldn't dream of blowing smoke and saying I've ever gotten into King past his entry level works.

Well, welcome anyway! :) I agree, SK has been inconsistent in his later years and I think Doctor Sleep is one of his worst novels to date (ducking before I get someone toss a virtual copy straight at my head!) But, having said that, I think Revival is one of his greatest works with genuine Lovecraftian horror. If you're ever tempted to dip back into later stuff, I'd suggest Revival or maybe Duma Key.

Brian861
04-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Hated Revival, loved Doctor Sleep. Duma Key is simply awesome. The best of the three listed IMO. I'm also digging the Hodge trilogy so far as well.

ke7285
04-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Welcome all new members!!!

Jon
04-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Welcome new members!

Toys, members,gang, Woody...there's just something sexual that post.

Oh and Jagermeister is ALWAYS welcome!!

togepi90
04-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Hi there! I'm new here too! Anyway, welcome to the forums! :-)

Girlystevedave
04-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Welcome new members!

Toys, members,gang, Woody...there's just something sexual that post.

Let's calm down, Jon. Trust me, if there was a sexual innuendo in that post, I would have found it immediately. :lol:

I first thought you were welcoming yourself to the board. :lol:

Either way, welcome! :)

Brian861
04-08-2016, 11:11 AM

Welcome!

Jon
04-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Welcome togepi90!!

Ailm
04-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Hello All Dark Tower fans.

Nice to be a part of this community.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
By mistake, I picked up a very cheap copy of 'The Gunslinger' when I was about 13 in a charity shop.

Who is your favorite character?
Difficult choice, other than Roland possibly Suzan... Though some of the bad characters are great as well.

What is your favorite book?

Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Twenty Five.

Where are you from?

Southampton, UK.

do you have a nickname?

Only my last name.

how did you find this site?

I looked for it:)

Brian861
04-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Welcome, Ailm!

peripheral
04-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Welcome Ailm, you'll love it around here...

Br!an
04-13-2016, 01:43 PM
"I looked for it."

Eureka!

Welcome! We have a few members from the foggy side of the pond.

jhanic
04-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Welcome, Ailm! Please post often!

John

Brian861
04-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Out of curiosity, Ailm, are you looking to collect or just a fan of SK? If a collector or new to collecting, what direction is/does your collection focus on?

Sai Sheb
04-13-2016, 11:03 PM
We come my friend from Southampton! Glad you could join us!

SolomonsGal
04-19-2016, 04:55 AM
hi! I'm Solomon's Gal.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? After a friend turned me onto King, I started researching more of his books. Being a huge LOTR fan, The Dark Tower called me. I'm so glad it did! I'm about 150 pages into The Wolves of the Calla (I read The Wind Through the Keyhole first) and I think my literature life has changed. :-) I'm mind blown.

Who is your favorite character? Both Roland and Jake, and the lobstrocities!!!!!

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass so far.... it might be the best book I've ever read, and I've read A LOT!

How old are you? 33

Where are you from? Boston area

do you have a nickname?

how did you find this site? Google search!!!!

Sai Sheb
04-19-2016, 06:39 AM
Welcome Solomon's gal! We'll help you feel right at home...

zelig
04-19-2016, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the site!

Br!an
04-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Solomon is a lucky (not to mention wise) guy! Welcome!

Jon
04-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Welcome new folks....sorry for they delay in the welcome. I am currently vacationing in Texas on the gulf coast and am kinda busy.

jsobanski
04-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Hello, new member here. After lurking for a while I figured I'd create an account and introduce myself.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My dad has always been a Stephen King fan and finally convinced me to read the series when I was about 13 and I never looked back.

Who is your favorite character? That's too tough to choose.

What is your favorite book? Overall, IT. I read that way too young and it was and is my favorite book of all time.

How old are you? 33

Where are you from? Minnesota.

do you have a nickname? None, my name doesn't lend itself to nicknames.

how did you find this site? Google searching for information on the 25th anniversary edition of IT.

peripheral
04-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Welcome Solomon's Girl and jsobanski! And jsobanski, you have a cool dad...

Brian861
04-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Welcome, guys!

Jon
04-24-2016, 09:50 PM
Welcome, JSO!!!

Brice
04-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Welcome! :)

brethren
04-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Hile, all...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Was a SK fan from an early age, just read everything he put out there. First read The Gunslinger in high school, around 1986, and Drawing of the Three the following year in College. That got me pretty well hooked.

Who is your favorite character? Couldn't help but be a huge Eddie fan right from the start. From the old days, Cuthbert is my kind of guy.

What is your favorite book? The first four are all so damn good, but I'll go with the Wastelands.

How old are you? 47 (Old!)

Where are you from? Milwaukee, WI

do you have a nickname? Nope.

how did you find this site? Searching the web. I'm currently trying to track down all of the DT comics, and this site came up in many searches.

Figured this place will probably start to get a little crazier with the movie coming out, so I thought now was the time to register. Looking forward to more movie developments, good or bad, should make for some great conversation.

racerx45
04-29-2016, 02:42 PM
Welcome brethren

peripheral
04-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Welcome Bretheren! You'll find everything you ever need to know about SK within these (virtual) walls.

ke7285
04-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Welcome to all the newcomer's, best SK site on the web!

Brian861
04-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Hile, all...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Was a SK fan from an early age, just read everything he put out there. First read The Gunslinger in high school, around 1986, and Drawing of the Three the following year in College. That got me pretty well hooked.

Who is your favorite character? Couldn't help but be a huge Eddie fan right from the start. From the old days, Cuthbert is my kind of guy.

What is your favorite book? The first four are all so damn good, but I'll go with the Wastelands.

How old are you? 47 (Old!)

Where are you from? Milwaukee, WI

do you have a nickname? Nope.

how did you find this site? Searching the web. I'm currently trying to track down all of the DT comics, and this site came up in many searches.

Figured this place will probably start to get a little crazier with the movie coming out, so I thought now was the time to register. Looking forward to more movie developments, good or bad, should make for some great conversation.

Welcome, brethren. Have you thought about purchasing the DT comics omnibus' or are you looking to collect them individually?

SolomonsGal
04-30-2016, 05:28 AM
looking forward to the palavers!

SolomonsGal
04-30-2016, 05:28 AM
i am going to post a few more times to get to number five.

SolomonsGal
04-30-2016, 05:29 AM
I feel funny being a newbie amongst all you DT old-timers, but I am SO glad I am part of the DT world now. It really has changed my literature life.

Br!an
04-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Welcome!

i am going to post a few more times to get to number five.

You made it! :clap:

zelig
04-30-2016, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the site! And we were all newbies once. You'll be acclimated in no time.

brethren
04-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Welcome, brethren. Have you thought about purchasing the DT comics omnibus' or are you looking to collect them individually?

Individually - I've got about 15 left to go now, so I'm close.

Sai Sheb
04-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Welcome one and all!!! Let the begin..

Brian861
04-30-2016, 09:13 PM

Individually - I've got about 15 left to go now, so I'm close.
:thumbsup:

LokiJake
05-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm 39 and live in Northern California a little east of San Francisco area. I discovered the dark tower series before Wizard and Glass was out and one of those series i re-read when i can find some free time. I've been wanting to put together a Dark Tower book collection for awhile and have put together in my home office over the last two weeks. I now enjoy working around the dark tower when not traveling.

Eddie is my favorite character

Br!an
05-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Welcome Jake.

fernandito
05-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Welcome all newcomers.

Brian861
05-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Welcome, Jake! Eddie too is my favorite :) And of course Culbert before the world moved on....

Jon
05-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Brethren, Loki...WELCOME!!!!

Evilabby
05-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Abby. Obviously a Tower fanatic, decided to join this forum today to be able to meet and chat with other Tower and King lovers.

I have read the entire series twice now. I have also read the Tower comics omnibus. I am in love with the series, characters and the connections to all of King's other works. My fave book is probably The Wastelands. As for fave character I love them all in many ways.

Other than The Dark Tower I also collect King books. There are few I haven't read at this point but many I want to add to my collection.
Can't wait to meet others!

zelig
05-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Welcome Abby! I like the sound of your occupation.

Evilabby
05-17-2016, 06:56 PM

Haha! Thanks. I always thought it sounded better than bartender. :smile:

peripheral
05-17-2016, 07:27 PM

Welcome Abby - I'm sure you will love it around here.

patzgcrux
05-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Patrick. I'm a long time casual Stephen King fan and have recently become more and more serious in regards to reading his vast published works. I did complete reading/listening to the TDT series and like most felt let down by the ending. Anyway I'm trying to re-read my favorite King books and have slowly been tackling more of his stories/novels. I also started a modest collection of his books. I hope to procure more down the road so I need assistance in this. I hope to find help in this site.

-In a used book store when I was 12, the artwork captivated me and I've seen some of his early movie adaptations (Cujo etc.).

- Eddie Dean hands down.

- 11/22/63 (of the ones that I've read)

How old are you?

- I'm 38, born the year The Stand came out (on my reading list to finish)

Where are you from?

- Bay Area, Northern California

do you have a nickname?

- Patz

- I was browsing for info regarding SK's limited editions. This site was one of the top hits.

Brian861
05-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Welcome Abby and Patz! Never can have enough bartenders in the room :). Patz, you've come to the right place with your search for all things King. This is the end all be all of King sites/forums IMO. Most of the elders are unstumpable when it comes to King. If they don't have the answers; it doesn't exist, yet...

picontin
05-18-2016, 12:10 AM
Welcome all!!
Be free to post your collection.

Sai Sheb
05-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Welcome sai barwench and sai patz, you are well met!

Br!an
05-18-2016, 03:22 AM
Welcome Abby & Patz!

sharki69
05-18-2016, 04:25 AM
Welcome Patrick . Good to see you here :)

Kingfan24
05-18-2016, 07:02 AM

A fellow Cincinnatian! I thought I was the only one :clap: welcome!

RissaServo
05-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Greetings and long palavers :-)

Just found this forum today. I am a long time SK fan (about 33 years, read about 60% of his books approximately) but the infamous Tower always stumped me! On my 19th birthday (which happens to be 19 July lol) my mom got me The Drawing of the Three not realizing it was part of a series. I tried quite a few times to read The Gunslinger but for some reason the first 50 pages or so stumped me. I was always determined I'd get it one day though!

A couple of weeks ago I had two audible credits and decided to give the audiobook a go and also got The Drawing of the Three in anticipation of a breakthrough. Eureka!! I finally fell into place. Now I can't begin to imagine my life before the Tower and I am only not quite a third into The Waste Lands.

IT was always my favorite of all SK's book (and possibly of always) and The Dark Tower goes even so far beyond that. I've never had a reading experience like this. It's just unreal!

Sorry for the long palaver but time moves kinda funny out here. Looking forward to checking out your tribe here.

I am off to lunch now for a tooter fish sandwich. :-)

Ps: I am also a lover of Star Wars, all things mst3k and rifftrax, Pink Floyd, new lover of Frank Zappa (it's been a helluva year for new stuff!), and podcasts specifically Frogpants productions (The Morning Stream, Filmsack & Current Geek!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(And edited cos I always mess up writing from said phone ;-))

jonp
05-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum RissaServa. Hope you stay around for a long time.

I also found The Gunslinger a bit hard going but from The Drawing of the Three onwards a great read. I also love the Stars Wars films.

One of my favourites is also IT but The Stand (Uncut) is my all time fav.

Jon

fernandito
05-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Welcome, one and all!

Roland-Deschain
05-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Hello, all! Hopefully my forum name, which will probably be considered cliche around here, won't force any assumptions on me...I've been using it for many years, say thankya.

A friend in junior high turned me on to it. This was a couple of years before Wizard and Glass came out.

Roland.

It's a tie between Wizard and Glass and The Dark Tower. Close seconds outside of The Dark Tower are Salem's Lot, Jurassic Park, Sphere, and A Time to Kill.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Born in Seattle, WA. Currently live near it in Bothell, WA. I've also lived around the country some.

Do you have a nickname?
Not a nickname per se, but everyone that knows me knows I'm a grammar Nazi. ;)

How did you find this site?
Google, when searching for a specific Cort quote.

Long days and pleasant nights, sais! I can't believe I haven't joined a single Dark Tower forum before, since I'm an IT nerd by trade and have been on various web forums for many years. I hope nobody rolls their eyes at my username around here, but most people don't know it on civilian forums. I can show proof that I've been using it for a long time; a Hotmail account with email in it going back to 2007, and a Seahawks forum account that showed 2009, though that was when the site was recreated and I was posting for years under the same handle prior to that. I swear!

I'm glad they're finally making a film for this series, though I'm trying to keep my hopes in check. An HBO series would have been a much better play, I think.

patzgcrux
05-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Glad to be here, thank you again 😉

peripheral
05-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Welcome All!

Evilabby
05-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Yes!! There are so few if us in the area!

Evilabby
05-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I do ask everyone be patient with me as I have not used a forum in years! I also did not see the questionnaire. I think I answered most the questions upon my introduction.... But..

I'm 33.

Fave books are probably (other than the DT) King wise, The Talisman, Black House and Insomnia. However these are always changing. I also enjoy the works of other horror authors like Laymon and Keene.

Currently reading Bag of Bones

Found the forum while reading DT connections and googling images for reference to what will be my DT tattoo sleeve.

I'm also working on a cosplay Pennywise. Isn't it a great time to be a book junkie!

Jon
05-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Welcome, Rissa, Patrick, Abby and the hyphenated Deschain guy!

Let me apologize, in advance, for my behavior.

Jenn_Ex
05-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi and hello! I'd heard about this forum before but was a little intimidated - a whole! other! new! internet! community! - but I met some nice folks tonight at the Joe Hill reading/signing in DC and figured I'd give it a go.

I first discovered the DT books at the library - I was 16 when the mass market paperback of The Gunslinger was released, and the final book was published when I was 32. Meaning up to that point half of my entire life had been spent waiting on this story!

My favorite DT character is Eddie, and my favorite of the series seems to shift between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla.

Favorite non-King book is a tough call, but today I'll say Infinite Jest.

I'm 44 years old and I've lived my whole life somewhere between DC and Baltimore, though I've been fortunate enough to travel a good bit, I've just never moved home base very far.

A nickname? My name is Jen and my username concatenates that and part of my domain name into a stupid pun on my generational title. Hooray! (My username is actually what I used for an OKCupid profile when I bothered with such a thing...)

Anyway: hi!

Brian861
05-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Welcome, Jen. Love the handle being a fellow Gen-X myself :).

Jon
05-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Welcome Jenn... yet another Gen-X member... but an old one, here.

Br!an
05-20-2016, 03:41 AM
Welcome Rissa, Roland and Jen!

zelig
05-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Welcome all!

Girlystevedave
05-20-2016, 07:21 AM
So many new members! Welcome everyone! :clap:

JAK_Wei
05-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone! I just joined, this seems like a nice place!

At a book fair while browsing for horror novels. They only had the 2nd and 3rd books so I didn't end up reading the series until much later.

Susannah Dean

Other than the Dark Tower books I guess it's Needful Things, might be an odd choice but I really liked that one.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Malaysia

do you have a nickname?
The first half of my usename Jak will do.

Search for it on Google, glad I found it.

I'm also working on a uni project based on Stephen King's books, I will post it when I am able to make a new thread. Nice to meet you all :D

Brian861
05-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Welcome, Jak!

jonp
05-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Welcome Jak. I agreed Needful Things ia a great book, I really enjoyed it. Look forward to reading your uni project!

peripheral
05-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Welcome Jak! And me too - Needful things is fantastic, but I haven't read it for at least 20 years. Time for a re-read I think. And yes, let's hear about the Uni project!

Sai Sheb
05-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Welcome JAK, totally agree with needful things and may I ask why Susannah?... oh yeah and welcome...

Brian861
05-22-2016, 11:38 PM
I 2nd all the likes for Needful Things. Great book in which my mom sent to me while I was training to serve this great nation. It's all beat to hell now but still have it. Upgraded to a collectable copy of course :).

patzgcrux
05-23-2016, 06:54 AM
Welcome all, this place is a great site for SK fans and collectors!

fernandito
05-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Welcome all new gunslingers.

Gil
05-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Hello, i'd heard about this forum from other book collectors. I'm a collector from Germany and
collect all Editions of George R R Martin's book "A Game of Thrones" in any published Languages and some original sketches from the Subterranean Press Limited Editions.
From a friend of mine i'd heard about the Dark Tower. I'll start reading it soon.

mae
05-26-2016, 09:20 AM
I'm wondering if any newcomers are here because of the movie yet. Too soon?

picontin
05-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Welcome all!

St. Troy
05-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Hello.

I'm not totally new but close enough I guess. I registered for this site almost a month ago and in that time have read (completely) some threads (Cemetery Dance, Subterranean Press, PS Publishing, maybe 1 or 2 others), which has taken some time.

I'm not quite a collector (although my wife probably would say I am, since I like to buy new editions of books I already have), but I've been reading King for around 35 years and generally have a fondness for books as physical objects (bring on the slipcases and traycases, the illustrations, the heavy paper, leather, goatskin, ribbon, cloth, silk - you name it) and going to my first book fair a year ago (and two more since then) awoke the raging bibliophile within me.

Although I've never had the need to hunt down King special editions, Cemetery Dance's Doubleday Set has gotten my attention. I joined the Cemetery Dance forum maybe 3 weeks before coming here; then, after noticing that Google search results for questions about King and horror publishers usually brought me to TDT, I figured I'd cut out the middle man. It has been mighty informative and entertaining (but I wish someone would just come out and say why King won't work with Centipede Press again! Was it really just because Jerad asked too many times for permission to do SL? Which, by the way, everybody loves (including SK, if we take his handwritten note literally). I've heard hints that there's more to the story, but it seems like it's all hints. Bah! Maybe the truth is too sensitive and/or the only ones who know must remain silent out of loyalty to those from whom they learned it (which is fine, if so), but the curiosity is driving me nuts on this one :panic:).

Anyway, despite pretty much being outside the collector world, I had previously heard of CD's 25th anniversary edition of It (still my favorite stand-alone book by anyone, pending a re-read (it has been many years since reading this, and lately my re-reads don't go that well (let's not discuss The Talisman))), obtaining a copy of which has become a chief goal in my life (a GE will be fine, but if the lottery comes through, I will be letter-hunting). In addition to that, a Centipede Salem's Lot would also be nice. And a Ziesing Insomnia GE (a more attainable goal, too).

Not sure I have a favorite DT character...

47, live near Boston (USA). I'm a big-time Celtics and Patriots fan (free Tom Brady! because millionaires with supermodel wives need my help), smaller-time Red Sox (yes, it should be "Socks," but I can't do anything about it) and Bruins fan. And I tend to be impatient with people whose musical taste differs from mine (which is just about everybody :pullhair:). I also quite like jokes that only I get (sample: "Simon, you're better than ever") - although maybe this should just be called "talking to myself."

Moving on - as a King fan, he remains my favorite author, although I stopped buying new releases on day one years ago and have my peeves (not to criticize or troll, just to lay out my viewpoint since this is an "intro" post): spoilers (Duma Key could've been titled "Answer Key," for example), things that seem random (19, a riddle-driven train), etc. But I'm not saying he's bad (he's quite the opposite) or that he's lost it (he's still quite strong) or that he "jumped the shark after _____" (he's covered different topics and themes but never stopped being worthwhile), I'm (again) just telling you about me.

I think that's it. I hope to avoid being sufficiently abrasive to get banned (fair notice - I was "permanently" banned on another forum (not book-related), but managed to beg my way back on months later, and I'm still welcome there :dance:), and continue to learn from all of you. People here seem to be pretty generous with information/answers etc.; all of you, pat yourselves on the back.

Good God this is a long post...

Brian861
05-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Welcome, Gil!

Br!an
05-26-2016, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the ka-tet and the palaver!

You don't have to be a collector to enjoy this site. Being interested in Stephen King enough.

Jon
05-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome folks!

SolomonsGal
05-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Finally finished the series! Wow!

Loved it all! Just amazing!

I began Insomnia last night, while DT is still fresh in my mind.

cryptkeeper
05-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this Forum, and I mostly lurk. I have been reading SK's books since 1982 (when I was still a teenager). I recently discovered and have begun purchasing the limited edition King titles published by Cemetery Dance and PS Publishing, which I think are stunning.

peripheral
05-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Welcome to all of the newest folk.

Stay a while. Stayyyy... FOREVER!

Sai Sheb
05-28-2016, 09:36 PM
You are all well met, hope you all enjoy this forum as much as I have since I've been here...

Brian861
05-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this Forum, and I mostly lurk. I have been reading SK's books since 1982 (when I was still a teenager). I recently discovered and have begun purchasing the limited edition King titles published by Cemetery Dance and PS Publishing, which I think are stunning.

Welcome, CK!

Br!an
05-29-2016, 05:35 AM
Welcome cryptkeeper. Go ahead and post in this thread three more times so that I can PM you. You made an offer on one of my auctions, and I can do better for you here.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Here's post number three.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 05:53 AM
I love the CD versions of Salem's Lot.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 05:54 AM
I can't wait for CD to publish The Stand.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 06:05 AM
I have six posts now, but I don't think I'm getting PMs yet.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 06:10 AM

Google, and the Stephen King Collector Forum

There are so many.

"It" and "The Stand"

How old are you?

Almost 53

Where are you from?

West Islip, NY

do you have a nickname?

I'm using it.

Google and The Stephen King Collector Forum

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 06:19 AM
Welcome cryptkeeper. Go ahead and post in this thread three more times so that I can PM you. You made an offer on one of my auctions, and I can do better for you here.

Small Internet, so I did. That's great. I'll wait until I'm able to receive PMs.

Br!an
05-29-2016, 06:37 AM
PM sent.

frik
05-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Hello.

Good God this is a long post...

Excellent post!! :)

sk

Girlystevedave
06-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Finally finished the series! Wow!

Loved it all! Just amazing!

I began Insomnia last night, while DT is still fresh in my mind.

Welcome to the site! There's tons of places around here to discuss the series while it's fresh in your mind. :)

Jon
06-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Class move, Brian. Unfortunately I must spread some love around before I can give you rep points.

Welcome Crypt!!

Glam Princess
07-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I am ready to be back here. Lots of great people.

Randall Flagg
07-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Welcome back. The door is always unlocked, the coffee hot, and the beer cold.

Glam Princess
07-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Welcome back. The door is always unlocked, the coffee hot, and the beer cold.

If there's whiskey I'll never leave!

Girlystevedave
07-10-2016, 07:52 PM
[passes Glam Princess a bottle] Welcome back. :D

Patrick
07-14-2016, 11:59 AM
KRIS!!! Great to see you back after so long!

Welcome to all the new members as well. Happy to have you here!

Jon
07-14-2016, 08:42 PM

Good to see you, Chris.

fernandito
07-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Welcome to all members, both new and old.

falkan
07-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone. I used to frequent another Dark Tower forum years ago. I believe that was thedarktower.net. It looks like I see some familiar names here- from back in the day- on this site. Started re-reading the DT series again recently and stumbled across this site.

Started reading Stephen King books when my mother gave me The Eyes of the Dragon (she wanted me to read more). Read some more after that and one of them was The Gunslinger. That was right around the time Waste Lands came out. Loved it and quickly read books 2 and 3.

Roland.

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Florida

Do you have a nickname?
Andy

Good ol' Google

Brian861
07-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Still a greenhorn myself around these parts but welcome back of sorts, Andy!

Br!an
07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Welcome all! Glad to see another Floridian!

Girlystevedave
07-21-2016, 04:57 AM
Welcome back, Andy. Pull up a chair and stick around this time. :)

Jon
07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
. I used to frequent another Dark Tower forum years ago. I believe that was thedarktower.net.

I'm so sorry...but WELCOME.

There are some of the same folks...you may have know me as Walter O'dim.

Jefe The Last Gunslinger
07-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Hello! You can call me Jefe or Jeff, it doesn't matter too much either way (although I am partial to the nickname). I'm really excited to have joined this place. The Dark Tower books are my favorite series of books, but I also dig King in general. It will be fun to frolic with fellow Kingites, as well as keep tabs on the Dark Tower movie updates. :D

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the party :thumbsup:

peripheral
07-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Welcome all!

ZombieElvis
07-25-2016, 06:10 PM
~ if you mean the website, i have been using this site for many years to help me identify rare king books, but i never formally joined until recently, and if you mean the books, i got the first book in 1984, and i have been reading them as they come out ever since.

~ trashcan man
~ Different seasons
How old are you?
~ 03/19/70 as of right now i am 46
Where are you from?
born in Newton Mass. im a masshole
do you have a nickname?
~ online i use the handle ZombieElvis but nobody calls me that irl
~ i dont remember. but Shachar Crouvi kept telling me to join, so here i am!

ok so im the new guy, ive been collecting and reading king since i learned how to read, i started reading king with NIGHT SHIFT because i was 9 or 10 years old, at that age short stories are better, but after DIFFERENT SEASONS i picked up the pace and got caught up. My father worked in publishing and both me and my older brother read every King book as they came out, actually, BEFORE they came out, dad would get the galley proofs for us, we both read all the 80's and 90's King books by reading the ARC months before the actual book was published, i still have all those ARCs too
i would like to share my galley collection in here, but my membership is restricted i cant post images yet?
looking forward to spending some time in the TOWER!
~Hans

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-25-2016, 06:13 PM
I think you have to make 5 posts before you can do all that. (Send messages etc) Welcome to the site!

ZombieElvis
07-25-2016, 06:17 PM
thanks! i dont know what to post without images. but i will try

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-25-2016, 06:18 PM
Well there's two posts right there haha

zelig
07-25-2016, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the site. I'm looking forward to seeing your proof collection.

ZombieElvis
07-25-2016, 06:24 PM
i had a great start collecting them at an early age, and i have recently increased my collecting to the point i have 30 King Galleys. mostly Viking and Scribner, would like to get my hands on those tall doubleday galleys of course

ZombieElvis
07-25-2016, 06:27 PM
in order to decrease th volume of books, i started drawing cartoons inside all my King paperbacks, and gave them all away, but first i took digital pictures and posted them on facebook. the plan was to get King to see my cartoons inside his books someday. i figured it would take a few years if i did enough of them. turns out it took only a few months when King tweeted one of my cartoons, sent to him by director Josh Boone. it was my peanuts cartoon inside a paperback SALEMS LOT with charley brown saying GOOD GRIEF and Linus floating outside the window scratching to get in.

ZombieElvis
07-25-2016, 06:28 PM
i need one more post, yeah?

Brian861
07-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Welcome, guys!

Shannon
07-26-2016, 03:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQtYnUQUcAAKFMt.jpg

Jon
07-28-2016, 11:57 PM
Welcome, Jeff and Zombie!!!

May Satan guide your path here.

Sail Hatan!

Sai Sheb
07-29-2016, 04:30 AM
Hail Satan and all who sail in her!!! Oh yeah, welcome guy's

peripheral
07-29-2016, 04:40 AM
Welcome to the DT, Hans. I've seen some of your proofs over at the FB collecting site - look forward to them having a home here.

Antoni

shammy62
07-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Have yall seen these?????
http://sombragroup.com/
http://northcentralpositronicsltd.com/

shammy62
07-30-2016, 10:14 PM
Have yall seen these?????

shammy62
07-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Hello I started reading the dark tower when it first came out I love it seven times i have gone to the tower. Have yall seen these?????

shammy62
07-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Sorry newbie here did not realize I had posted so many times.I will get this right I cry your pardon!!!

Brujon
08-02-2016, 11:08 AM
hola, friends. It's alkanto/Pond. I completely forgot my old account info and the email I had used is no longer in use ... so I made a new account. Hello again!

picontin
08-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Welcome!

Br!an
08-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the site, everyone!

Brian861
08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
hola, friends. It's alkanto/Pond. I completely forgot my old account info and the email I had used is no longer in use ... so I made a new account. Hello again!

Welcome back!

Sai Sheb
08-03-2016, 06:26 AM
Hole jefe!

ZombieElvis
08-03-2016, 10:31 PM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12642751_1665994413645307_9049413534591467153_n.jp g?oh=17fa3227478d75b118d552fca87202f8&oe=585C8EC1
hard to tell if this worked until after i post it, anyway this is a cartoon i did inside a paperback copy of Carrie, this is a test . brand new member

Girlystevedave
08-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Hello I started reading the dark tower when it first came out I love it seven times i have gone to the tower.

Welcome to the site, shammy! :)

Welcome back! :D

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12642751_1665994413645307_9049413534591467153_n.jp g?oh=17fa3227478d75b118d552fca87202f8&oe=585C8EC1
hard to tell if this worked until after i post it, anyway this is a cartoon i did inside a paperback copy of Carrie, this is a test . brand new member

So awesome.
Also, should we be worried that your favorite character is Trashcan Man? :lol: :orely:
But seriously, welcome to the site.

zelig
08-04-2016, 06:11 AM
Welcome to the site all. And those drawings in the paperbacks are cool. Would like to see more.

Jon
08-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Hey...Welcome folks!

Brujon
08-05-2016, 01:12 PM
thanks guys! It's nice to be back. I'll make a few more posts and be back to normal soon, here

Jon
08-11-2016, 08:24 PM
thanks guys! It's nice to be back. I'll make a few more posts and be back to normal soon, here

Hey young man!!!... we will have NONE of that!! Normalcy is frowned upon here!!

WELCOME!!!

Disavowed
08-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Greetings and salutations. I am a relatively new member (have mostly lurked), but I've had growing ... urges to be able to pm. I am, therefore, saying hello in a naked effort to increase my post count. I hope you are all well, and thanks to the folks who maintain this amazing community. Ciao for now.

Disavowed
08-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Do posts here count toward the 5 post minimum? I am asking and posting this as an experiment, as it appears I have reached 4 posts. I suppose I shall find out shortly. And hello again, and apologies to anyone that receives notifications as a result of posts such as this one.

peripheral
08-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Do posts here count toward the 5 post minimum? I am asking and posting this as an experiment, as it appears I have reached 4 posts. I suppose I shall find out shortly. And hello again, and apologies to anyone that receives notifications as a result of posts such as this one.

Yes it does, and welcome Disavowed

Brian861
08-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Welcome!

wonderings
08-23-2016, 05:38 AM
I think I have been a lurker here before, I used to read up on a dark tower forum but cannot remember if this is the one or not. Anyways, I fell in love as many did with opening line of the Gunslinger. I quickly read through every book that was out, at that time Wizard and Glass was the last. I honestly never thought he would finish the series, it just seemed to big of a story to ever really be finished... and guess in a way I was partly right... no spoilers! I remember doing a book report in high school on the first 4 books, the teacher was pretty impressed that instead of a report on one book I did all 4. The series quickly moved up in my favourites to sit beside The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings and a childhood favourite The Chronicles of Narnia. While not a fan of all Stephen Kings books, I do think he is one the best, if not thee best modern writer we have. The Stand another favourite is right up there with my favourite books. I am looking forward to the movies, but honestly do not have high hopes for them, they are to big and hollywood dumbs everything down thinking stories need adjustments or changes. They loved by so many, why do they think it needs to be changed?? Anyways, enough of my babbling!

Brian861
08-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Welcome.

Jon
08-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Welcome!!

jterp5
08-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Hi, I'm new around here

jterp5
And this is post #4

jterp5
And #5

Br!an
08-30-2016, 06:25 AM
Welcome!

Ebdim9th
09-17-2016, 02:04 PM
I have arrived! (From the SKMB that's a man's chord "E flat diminished Ninth) This one's mainly because of Anya and the bunnies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjohhUyfCeY

zelig
09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
:clap:

Ebdim9th
09-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Hallooo there zelig! I can toi too :nana: (how Low can I go?)

ke7285
09-18-2016, 07:12 AM
Hello to all the newcomer's! enjoy!

Ebdim9th
09-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Cheers ke7285!

Jon
09-21-2016, 01:20 AM
WELCOME !

Br!an
09-21-2016, 04:08 AM
Welcome!

Ebdim9th
09-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Greetinz Jon and Br!an ....

peripheral
09-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Welcome all!

Sai Sheb
09-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the mad house! Enjoy.

Kahleesie
09-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Hi my names Zoe my mother in-law brought a Stephen King book home from the op shop for Mr and it was the song of Susannah since Stephen King is 1 of my top 2 favorite authors I read it loved it found the rest and have read and re-read again and again!
Favorite book it depends on the day 😂 today it's the gunslinger.
Favorite character would have to be Jake or oy I love how brave Jake is in the gunslinger even though he's terrified he's still brave.
I'm 24 and live in Brisbane Australia :)

Randall Flagg
09-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the site.

peripheral
09-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Welcome Zoe, great to see another Aussie around here. If you love King, you're in the right place.

Sai Sheb
09-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Welcome Zoe my colonial cousin!!! Enjoy your time here..

BrandoRex
09-26-2016, 12:27 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was in summer school in Florida and the summer's where hot but the classroom was freezing. Too cold to sleep in and too bored to pay attention, I brought a book that my mom was reading. At first, it was boring, but it got better and soon enough I was lost in the book.

Who is your favorite character? Roland. My second favorite is Oy.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass, probably because I had waited so long for it and it connected with me in many ways

How old are you? 41.

Where are you from? Florida/Alabama is where I grew up. I live in Alaska now.

do you have a nickname? Brando.

how did you find this site? Random googling.

fernandito
09-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Welcome, one and all!

Machine's Way
09-29-2016, 05:33 AM
Greetings everyone, I am a long time poster on the SKMB under the same name and figured it was time to get on this forum as well. Huge fan of anything SK, books, movies (most), comics as well as odd collectibles. I have traveled as far as Maine for a book signing event and I have had the good fortune to have met Sai King a few times and shake his hand and tell him thanks for all his good work. Looking forward to sharing my opinions on this site as well.

mae
09-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Welcome! Always great to have new peeps join us here, especially with the hype around the Dark Tower now getting bigger. Enjoy your stay, feel free to explore. This is the best forum on the Internet.

Sai Sheb
09-29-2016, 12:09 PM
This is the best forum on the Internet. Pablo I couldn't have put it better...

peripheral
09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Welcome Brandorex and Machine's Way (love that handle). You're gonna love getting lost round here ...

Ebdim9th
09-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Hey, Machine's Way! Long time no see ....

Randall Flagg
09-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Welcome! Always great to have new peeps join us here, especially with the hype around the Dark Tower now getting bigger. Enjoy your stay, feel free to explore. This is the best forum on the Internet.
Mostly because we are humble...:rose:

Jon
09-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Three new faces. Wonderful!

WELCOME... stick around.

Brice
09-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Welcome new friends!

Johnwarnock
10-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Hello... first timer here with forum's so take it easy on me ☺.. gotta say my favourite is Darktower.. followed by IT.. then the stand. I live in the UK (seaside resort called cleethorpes) love motorcycles. moto gp.. beachcombing collecting seaglass..fossils..Whitby jet ect... driftwood. I work as lorry (truck)driver for my local council 7 day's then get 7 day's off to work in our workshop/ gallery Coastal.

peripheral
10-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Welcome to the best King site on the internet John!

Sai Sheb
10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Welcome John, I know Cleethorpes well, lovely place next to Grimsby. I'm from Pontefract myself (originally) it's a great forum and I hope you have as much fun here as I have!

Jon
10-14-2016, 03:37 PM
WELCOME, JOHN!!

rcharb2001
10-17-2016, 09:26 AM

Started reading King in high school with the Dark Half. Loved it and just went down the list of books.

Roland, hands down.

The Wizards and Glass for the series. a few of his others are at the top all together.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Vermont

do you have a nickname?

a couple.

random search.

blunthead
10-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Hello... first timer here with forum's so take it easy on me ☺.. gotta say my favourite is Darktower.. followed by IT.. then the stand. I live in the UK (seaside resort called cleethorpes) love motorcycles. moto gp.. beachcombing collecting seaglass..fossils..Whitby jet ect... driftwood. I work as lorry (truck)driver for my local council 7 day's then get 7 day's off to work in our workshop/ gallery Coastal.
Welcome!

Br!an
10-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Welcome John & rc!

Jon
10-22-2016, 02:48 AM
WELCOME, 2001 !!

Japre8
11-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Hi, just finished the main series for my first time (about to start the 8th book). I really enjoyed it but don't have anyone around to talk about it with. Been lurking on this site a few days and decided to register. I started the DT series after finishing a Dance with Dragons (while waiting for WoW) and found it an excellent read. Previously have read By SK: It, The Stand, The Shining, Dr Sleep, and Tommyknockers. On my read list for SK: salems lot, insomnia, pet cemetery, EOTD, Duma Key, and then just start down the list.

peripheral
11-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Welcome RC and Japre!

Girlystevedave
11-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi, just finished the main series for my first time (about to start the 8th book). I really enjoyed it but don't have anyone around to talk about it with. Been lurking on this site a few days and decided to register. I started the DT series after finishing a Dance with Dragons (while waiting for WoW) and found it an excellent read. Previously have read By SK: It, The Stand, The Shining, Dr Sleep, and Tommyknockers. On my read list for SK: salems lot, insomnia, pet cemetery, EOTD, Duma Key, and then just start down the list.

Welcome! It's not fun finishing such a great series and not having anyone to discuss it with. There are so many places around the site to discuss all things Dark Tower. Hope you enjoy it. :)

ke7285
11-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers!

Japre8
11-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I agree! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Merlin1958
11-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Welcome, folks!!!!

Japre8
11-06-2016, 09:14 PM
A friend recommended this series while I wait for the Song of Ice and Fire series to continue. Plus I have read several other SK books prior to taking on the DT

Theres a lot to choose, but I'll stick with Roland

Hard to chose, but I would say Wizards and Glass or The Darktower

How old are you?

Where are you from?
San Antonio, TX (USA)

do you have a nickname?
No

google

Sai Sheb
11-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Welcome one and welcome all!

Geminii23
11-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone! I registered awhile ago, but apparently never introduced myself.

I was an avid SK fan when I was young. Was a member of the Double Day book club way back when. I think I first read Gunslinger when I was a freshman in High School. Paperback.

Roland

Drawing of the Three

How old are you?
40 ... all downhill from here

Where are you from?
Originally Chicago... then Los Angeles... now living in Virginia

Do you have a nickname?
No

StephenKing.com

I'll try to post some pictures of my SK collection but here is a pic of my newest prized possessions ... thank you to Betts for helping me get the last one I needed!

http://www.geminiifilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IMG_2093-1200.jpg

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the place to be!

miscali
11-10-2016, 04:00 AM
Hello I am new to the dark tower world. Am currently on wizard and glass. Finished wastelands in 2 days.
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I discovered the dark tower through a Facebook page of Stephen King lovers

Who is your favorite character? As I am new I don't have a favorite character yet...but I am leaning toward Jake

What is your favorite book? Also no favorite just yet as I haven't finished the series but so far I enjoyed wastelands the most

How old are you? I'm 34 years old. Will be 35 in December

Where are you from? I am from the bluegrass state (Kentucky) in the great U.S.A

do you have a nickname? Everyone calls me mis

how did you find this site? Found this awesome site googling the rules of Watch Me

Jon
11-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Welcome new folks!!

Twoguysdarktower
12-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to be on the forum. We are two friends who are both big Stephen King fans. Jay Russo is on his fourth read of The Dark Tower series. Sean McGurr read the first three books over 20 years ago. Together, we are rereading the series and producing a podcast about our reads. You can find us on most podcast services as Two Guys to the Dark Tower Came. We can also be found on Twitter: @2guysdarktower

Randall Flagg
12-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the board.

fernandito
12-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Welcome all.

Br!an
12-09-2016, 04:58 AM
Welcome everyone.

peripheral
12-09-2016, 05:07 AM
Welcome, newcomers, to King Country...

SolomonsGal
12-09-2016, 06:09 AM
Hello everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to be on the forum. We are two friends who are both big Stephen King fans. Jay Russo is on his fourth read of The Dark Tower series. Sean McGurr read the first three books over 20 years ago. Together, we are rereading the series and producing a podcast about our reads. You can find us on most podcast services as Two Guys to the Dark Tower Came. We can also be found on Twitter: @2guysdarktower

Fantastic!!! I'm currently in my first rereading of the series! Can't wait to listen to the podcasts while I'm on this second time around journey!!!

Jenny

Merlin1958
12-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Welcome folks!!!!!

Hexelis
12-14-2016, 02:18 AM
Hi, longtime fan of the Dark Tower and Stephen King in general.

My dad was reading it when I was a kid, he kept talking about it and sounded so cool. He used to leave the book sit by his chair, so I started reading it in the mornings before school. It was the first novel I ever read and the first SK book I ever read. Hooked ever since.
Roland and Eddie.
The Gunslinger and Wolves of the Calla
How old are you?
Where are you from?
West Virginia.
Looking for role playing stuff in the rabbit hole of the the internet.

Randall Flagg
12-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the site. We don't have a ton of RP stuff, but poke around. I'm sure you'll find some interesting things.

Sai Sheb
12-14-2016, 03:40 PM
Howdy little trail hands... hope you enjoy the best site on the web...

Jon
12-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Welcome!!!!

It could be Hell or rainbows.

Narshifa
01-01-2017, 03:30 AM
Hi All,
Narshifa here from the foreign land of Malaysia =)
I don't have many friends around here who share the same interest in SK especially DT as me.
So I'm looking forward to make many new ka-tets here hehe..
Pardon me if my english is poor since I'm not native.
Anyway may we be well met ;)

picontin
01-01-2017, 03:35 AM
Welcome all!
Please be free to post pics from your collection....

Br!an
01-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Welcome friends!

Sai Sheb
01-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Welcome all, you are all well met, and happy new year to you

peripheral
01-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Welcome to TDT everyone...

ke7285
01-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers!

R. Stewart
01-06-2017, 11:50 AM
I read "The Gunslinger" back when it first came out, and am now planning on finally starting from scratch and reading the whole series. I became interested in doing this as part of the #DTproject17 - a group of Constant Readers who have gathered on Twitter.

Favourite Character? It's early, but maybe the hungry dog, who played an important role in "The Little Sisters of Eulria"?
Favourite Book? I really enjoyed both "Boy's Life" and "Swan Song" by Robert R. McCammon. Favourite SK book? 11/22/63
Nickname: None, yet.
Found this site by way of Google.

Br!an
01-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Welcome RS!

R. Stewart
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Thanks - I can see this site being a great resource...especially once I've read the DT series!

Br!an
01-06-2017, 04:59 PM
It's a great site for King info generally. Also for many other authors.

The community is second to none.

Jon
01-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Welcome Narshifa and R. Stewart!!

eddietrooper
01-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Hi! I'm a constant reader from Spain. I am also a musician and I will show you some Dark Tower related projects I am working on. This is a great forum, I am glad to be here.

Merlin1958
01-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Welcome Friends!!!

Sai Sheb
01-10-2017, 12:58 AM
Hi! I'm a constant reader from Spain. I am also a musician and I will show you some Dark Tower related projects I am working on. This is a great forum, I am glad to be here.

Hola jefe, welcome to the mad House, it's like benidorm just with less flesh and more big words....

Br!an
01-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Welcome, ET!

Bond007
01-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Hi all ,
I actually joined way back in 2014 and introduced myself then . Been so busy havnt really had a chance to come back on this forum , which by the way I think is awesome. I literally have no one to talk about Stephen King ; and the mrs is just not interested at all lol. I've collected Stephen King books for a few years and sold a few on eBay and stuff . I think I may have sold to a few people on here aswell too, stroppy goblin only name that rings a bell.
Anyways , it's good to meet you all.
Favourite King book as of now- still pet semetery
Best book I own - gunslinger first

Sai Sheb
01-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Bond I agree pet cemetery is my favourite also... welcome back!

Br!an
01-11-2017, 06:33 AM
Welcome back, 007!

Bond007
01-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome

Randall Flagg
01-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome
Bond?
James Bond?

Bond007
01-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Flagg....
Haha I'm not a huge fan or anything just an unshakable nickname !

Little_Monster_Gage
01-19-2017, 01:07 AM
How did you discover The Dark Tower?
I got the paperback editions for Christmas one year and I only read The Gunslinger and then somebody borrowed the next two from me before I could read them and I never got them back. So I decided I'd help out my used book dealer in Jersey and bought the hardcovers of the complete Dark Tower series (it wasn't cheap but he gave me a great deal because I'm one of his regulars and he knew I was eyeing that series for quite sometime until I had enough money to buy it).

Favorite Character
I haven't read the complete series yet, so I can't really pick one yet.

Favorite Book
Well I just finished reading Pet Semetary; it almost made me cry because of the way Mr. King describes the grief process in such a morbid but beautiful way.

How old are you?
26 (turning 27 in about a month in a half).

Where are you from?
Well from Tuesday to Saturday I reside in Adamstown, PA (it's about 10 minutes South of Reading, PA. On Sunday and Monday I go back to Burlington, NJ to visit my parents and friends.

Nicknames
Movie guy, J.J., & Johnny. Feel free to use any of them if you want to.