PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Girlystevedave
06-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Hey, Jamie. Nice to meet you and welcome to the site!

Also, cool av, by the way. :)

Jamie Vultrille
06-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Nice meeting you too. I painted the avatar in Photoshop BTW. I'll be posting some DT art in the gallery section so feel free to drop by.:cool:

Girlystevedave
06-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Wow, awesome job! I will most definitely check out some more of your DT art when you post it. :thumbsup:

Merlin1958
06-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Welcome, Jamie V!!! If you have some artistic talent maybe you will consider the face time you will get helping out next year with the "Haven Fund Raiser". We have a few artists here who contribute successfully and a recent one even won the Grand Prize!!! Have a look around....

Br!an
06-10-2015, 04:30 PM
I thought you were retired?

Or did you just move on to Haven Fund Pimp?

Jon
06-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes...Welcome!

Merlin1958
06-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I thought you were retired?

Or did you just move on to Haven Fund Pimp?

I'm retired as the "Whore". From here on in I work mostly behind the scenes as and quietly as possible. Shhuuuuusssshhhhh!!!! :cool:

wordslingers
06-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Wow, okay, I made an account here back in 2012 and I can't remember if I stopped being shy long enough to introduce myself... either way, I recently picked up the new run of comics which made me pick up Drawing of the Three again... and I'm nearly done with Waste Lands now, so I guess my DT reread is finally happening! My name's charlie and I'm glad to have remembered this place, and to see it's still active and thriving :D

Girlystevedave
06-11-2015, 04:44 AM
Well, welcome back, Charlie. :)

Girlystevedave
06-11-2015, 04:45 AM
Welcome, Jamie V!!! If you have some artistic talent maybe you will consider the face time you will get helping out next year with the "Haven Fund Raiser". We have a few artists here who contribute successfully and a recent one even won the Grand Prize!!! Have a look around....

Jeez, calm down, the guy just joined the site and you're already trying to put him to work. :lol: :P

Merlin1958
06-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Jeez, calm down, the guy just joined the site and you're already trying to put him to work. :lol: :P

Sorry!!! :doh:

wordslingers
06-12-2015, 05:14 AM
Well, welcome back, Charlie. :)

Thanks! honestly I'm thrilled to find a DT community that's active! It'll just take me a while to get used to browsing forums again, which I haven't done in a good decade or so. Nice to meet you all :D

Jon
06-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Welcome again, Charlie!!

Daggers
06-14-2015, 03:19 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?

My dad was given the first two books as a present and I just picked up the Gunslinger one day and was captured.
Who is your favorite character?

There's so many, but I'll have to plump for Jake.

What is your favorite book?

Without a doubt, Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
North Wales, UK

do you have a nickname?

Daggers

Merlin1958
06-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Welcome, Daggers!!!

jhanic
06-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Welcome Daggers!

John

Daggers
06-15-2015, 01:45 AM
Cheers guy's.

TCCBodhi
06-15-2015, 06:48 AM
My mom let me start reading Pet Sematary, Cujo, Christine and the like in the the early eighties when I was 12-13. When she saw that I idolized the books, she must have signed up for the Castle Rock Newsletter, where she saw the ad for DT2 that she bought the Trade Hardcover for and put in for the early DT lotteries.

My favorite character is clown prince Eddie, since that is where I started reading the Saga and Roland sure wasn't in any shape to be memorable.

Favorite DT book is (today anyway) Wolves Of The Calla.

I'm 44, well-near halfway to 90.

I grew up (ages 0-17) in rural Iowa, 17-30 in Arizona (Phoenix mostly as a teacher, but my Arizona "home" where I went to University is Flagstaff. ages 30-44 in Dallas, Texas where I worked into 2014 at a phone support center for a large company.

Bodhi or TCCBodhi

My dad was given the first two books as a present and I just picked up the Gunslinger one day and was captured.
There's so many, but I'll have to plump for Jake.

Without a doubt, Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
North Wales, UK

do you have a nickname?

Daggers

Merlin1958
06-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Huh, I lived most of my life in NY, but I went to TCU, in Ft. Worth (worked in "The best little whorehouse" when they moved it to Dallas and made it a restaurant) and I currently live in AZ, in the valley, since 2005.

Xerrand
06-18-2015, 04:50 AM

My Girlfriend was a huge DT fan and tried to get me into it for years, I was already a fairly big King fan but I never tried them books before. Thank God she finally convinced me, because I would have seriously missed out on a truly amazing story.

Roland - hands down. I love all the main Ka-tet characters though, you really feel like you know them personally by the end.

Probably The Wastelands, though I have a real Love/hate thing going on with book 7(It still gets me emotional though I've read it four times)

How old are you?
Where are you from?
Ireland

do you have a nickname?

Nope

how did you find this site?

Random internet browsing.

Girlystevedave
06-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Welcome to the site, Xerrand!

(And book 7 definitely beats the crap out of your emotions. :lol: )

jhanic
06-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Welcome, Xerrand! Please feel free to post often!

John

racerx45
06-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Welcome, Xerrand. Glad to hear you found the books and this site.

Merlin1958
06-18-2015, 12:40 PM
New collectors may want to visit this thread....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19213-Haven-Fund-Whore-retirement-grab-bag!!!!

Jon
06-18-2015, 06:02 PM
They take old collectors too!!

It seems a whole new crop since I was here last.

WELCOME FOLKS!!

bobledrew
06-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Hello: I'm a SK aficionado, but by no means a "collector." Here to learn and exchange ideas with folks, and to indulge in some judicious self-promotion -- I'm the creator of The Kingcast, a podcast about everything King. Look forward to meeting some of you virtually.

Girlystevedave
06-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the site!

Xerrand
06-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the site bobbledrew

jhanic
06-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Welcome, bobbledrew! I read your post over on the SKMB.

John

Merlin1958
06-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome All!!!

Jon
06-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Hello: I'm a SK aficionado, but by no means a "collector." Here to learn and exchange ideas with folks, and to indulge in some judicious self-promotion -- I'm the creator of The Kingcast, a podcast about everything King. Look forward to meeting some of you virtually.

Welcome!

Tell us more about the Podcast!

Girlystevedave
06-25-2015, 07:49 PM
I have to ask: Is it Bob Ledrew or Boble Drew?

Tallulah
06-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi there!
Hope you dont mind a newbie from the UK! Im new to forums and stuff and am trying to find my way around! I may not be very good with technology but my growing obsession with the DT series is spurring me on! Please tell me Im normal - I carry my tablet everywhere with me (no, I didnt want a tablet - its modern! And yes, I much prefer the feel and excitement of a real book! But this way I can keep the whole SK collection with me at all times whilst my "real" books are safe at home) I am deeply involved in Wolves of the Calla and am snatching every moment with it that I can - its all I can think about!!! Its starting to affect my life! So I stumbled over this forum and it seems to be full of "normal" people too, so hope you dont mond if I join you for the ride? :-)

Merlin1958
06-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Welcome!!!!

jhanic
06-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Welcome, Tallulah! If you were really "normal" you wouldn't be here. I prefer to think of us here as better than normal!

John

fernandito
06-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Welcome, one and all.

ke7285
06-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Welcome to all the new people to the forum's. Tallukah Wolve's of the Calla is very good I couldn't put the book down first time I read it. Is the picture your horse? We have a couple horse's.

Kevin

Br!an
06-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Most of us consider Brits normal. :evil:

Welcome to the site!

Tallulah
06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Hey thanks guys!! And John you are so right, we are better than normal! And I have just realised that I have bypassed the normal introductions! Lol!
Here goes :
I discovered the DT series as I have always loved horror/suspense/horror/ murder and did I mention horror genres? SK was always my favourite from when I was a teenager (a lifetime ago!)and when I was given a hardbacked copy of Dr Sleep as a present I got to thinking that I couldnt remember which books I had or hadnt.read over the years. So I started at the beginning and decided to read every SK book in the chronological order that they were written....... when the Gunslinger came along, i then went off on a tangent and decided to read the whole DT series straight through as I had never read any of them before. And here I am, totally obsessed with a rugged gunslinger called Roland and am ploughing my way through the wolves like my life depends on it!!

Favourite character is Roland because he is so, well, Rolandy if that makes sense?!?! Oy is fab too as he is a dude!!

Favourite book is hard, as each one gets better and better!

Im 40 :-(

From England

Nickname...... have lots, most start with the word "crazy"
Lets just say, my friends say I may not be normal, but Im harmless! Lol!!!!
Thanks again for making me welcome!

Tallulah
06-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Thanks Brian! Someone else who votes normal! Yay!!
And yes, Kevin, the pic is of Toby, one of my fab herd! They are my other obsession. Here in the uk its considered bad luck to change a horses given name, or he would be called Roland by now!! Lol!!!! Great to hear you have horses too! I could.talk about them all day too! Shame theres not a thread for them too!!

Girlystevedave
06-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Tallulah, welcome to the site. "Newbies", as you put it, are always welcome around here. I'm so excited for you to be experiencing the series for the first time around. I hope you find your way around here pretty easily since there are so many threads to discuss the series (beware of ones marked with spoilers, so you don't accidentally stumble upon something to spoil the story).
Again, welcome! :)

Girlystevedave
06-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks Brian! Someone else who votes normal! Yay!!
And yes, Kevin, the pic is of Toby, one of my fab herd! They are my other obsession. Here in the uk its considered bad luck to change a horses given name, or he would be called Roland by now!! Lol!!!! Great to hear you have horses too! I could.talk about them all day too! Shame theres not a thread for them too!!

There IS a thread for pictures of kids and PETS though. ;)

Tallulah
06-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Thank you! Im so into these books that not only cant I wait to find out what happens, but I know that once I have finished the series, raher than going back to my original plan of SK in chronological order I will be re-reading this series over again!!!!! If I said that reading these books has led me into another world, it would be like "yeah - duh, thats the idea!!" But if I said I feel like Ive stumbled over a well-kept secret, would that make sense??
And thank you - will check out the pets thread tomorrow (its 3.15am here, cant sleep, yep, Im reading wolves again!!)
Thanks everyone for making me so welcome!!

Girlystevedave
06-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Yes, "stumbling across a well kept secret" makes sense. The Dark Tower series was, quite frankly, a life-changer for me. And it will totally thwart your plans for reading anything else after- it's hard to move past it once you fall in love with something as great as this series. No, go sleep! Or, better yet- plan to sleep, but end up spending the next few hours meant for sleep turning page after page of the book because it's just so hard to stop! :lol:

Girlystevedave
06-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Also, I think that finding this site is like finding a well kept secret too- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend. :)

Tallulah
06-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Also, I think that finding this site is like finding a well kept secret too- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend. :)

Its great to feel so welcome by people who understand how I feel!! How this series has affected me is a bit weird and hard to explain but you guys get it! Its fab!! :-)

Jon
07-01-2015, 11:20 PM
- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend. :)

...and some who will make you feel like an old friend!

(Og God!1 That was so sappy!! I think... I think I am going to ... call Ralf!! http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/smile%20puke_2.gif

Tallulah
07-01-2015, 11:35 PM
- there are some great people around here that will do nothing except welcome you like a new friend. :)

...and some who will make you feel like an old friend!

(Og God!1 That was so sappy!! I think... I think I am going to ... call Ralf!! http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/smile%20puke_2.gif

LOL!!!! You are almost right there! If nothing else I feel "old" this morning (yes, I know, compared to a many of you guys on here i am probably very old! Lol!) But i feel especially old as i was awake til just after 3am finishing wolves (omg what an amazing ending! I was shrieking like a loon and I scared the real Tallulah (my cat) as I just thought the epilogue/doorway cave was pure genius!) I obviously wont give anything away apart from to say that it was so amazing that the cat was hiding behind the sofa and the dog was just shaking her head in disgust! Lol!! So, after the lack of sleep I certainly feel old and Im sure I must look like rhea of the coos this morning! Lol!! Just about to start song of susannah now! Bring it on!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone for making me so welcome, Im in 7th heaven here!!
:-)

Jon
07-02-2015, 12:53 AM
My friend..I recommend a sheep...more fun on cold nights!!

Tallulah
07-02-2015, 01:03 AM

Right.........
off to find meself a field with some bored looking sheep.............
Pmsl!!!!!!!!!:emot-roflolmao:

stroppygoblin
07-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Most of us consider Brits normal. :evil:

Welcome to the site!

should that be that you consider MOST of the Brits normal? :)

Welcome Tallulah - good to see the UK contingent growing :grouphug:

Tallulah
07-02-2015, 01:53 AM
Thanks stroppygoblin!! And yep, def normal!
:-)

André Linoge
07-12-2015, 01:18 PM
New member here. Attended the Finders Keepers signing in Bridgton today, and decided to join the tdt.org clan.

Picked up a copy of the Gunslinger while I was at Borders with my family- age 14.

So many...though I've always been partial to Roland and Oy.

Has to be DTI. I fell in love with the series after the first few pages of that book. It's still pretty magical to me, even years later.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Maine

do you have a nickname?

"Joe" is just fine.

Researching the Finders Keepers signing, and meeting Randall Flagg there in person (sorry, still learning names).

Dan
07-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Welcome, Joe! You will find a nice community here.

André Linoge
07-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Dan! Seems like a great site. I'm surprised it took me so long to find you all, haha

jhanic
07-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Welcome, Joe! Please feel free to post often!

John

moreotter
07-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Hello, everyone! I've spent the past few days quietly perving everyones collections on the forum, and it's been absolutely delightful as I've battled a summer cold. I figured I'd introduce myself so I'd feel slightly less creepy.

I was a King fan in general, but had to be talked into giving DT a try since I didn't normally read "fantasy." Once "WOtC" was announced I figured it was time to dive in, and I'm so glad I did.

Toss-up between Roland and Jake.

I refuse to choose.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Currently Las Vegas

Do you have a nickname?
Steph works :)

How did you find this site?
I love looking at book collections of others, and this place is a freakin' jackpot.

jhanic
07-13-2015, 03:47 AM
Welcome, Steph! Please become an active member!

John

Daggers
07-13-2015, 07:06 AM

Plenty of them in Wales, I could introduce you? :cool_002:

Daggers
07-13-2015, 07:13 AM
Love WOTC, welcome Tallulah, us Brits are all totally normal I was thinking of investing in a kindle to carry my DT and Sk collection around.
Do you know if the books are available to download and where did you get your digital versions from?

Ta for now.

Seasick Pirate
07-13-2015, 07:18 AM
Hey all, I finally finished reading the entire series a little more than a month ago. I still have pars stuck in my head like an old song, and will re-read entire sections a a time. Glad to see so many others still share an interest with these books!

My mother was a huge Stephen King fan. When she got an illustrated copy of The Gunslinger, I ended up carrying it around for a long time, only looking at the illustrations. Throughout the years (usually when a new book was published) I'd try reading The Gunslinger[/] but never getting too far into it. I guess it was never the right time for me.

Fast forward a couple decades, and I decided to try again. This time I blasted through the first book, and jumped right into the next, until the series was done. And I loved the journey the whole time.

Of course, Roland was appealing as the stoic hero. But I found Eddie the be relatable (despite not actually having much in common), and I found myself rooting for him at mos times.

[i]The Drawing of the Three. This is when I knew there were other worlds than these.

How old are you?

30-something.

Where are you from?

(Originally) New Hampshire.

do you have a nickname?

Not really.

I've been wanting a Dark Tower-related tattoo since finishing the series. I went looking around to see if anyone else wanted to permanently mark their body after reading these books too. Makes me feel better I'm not the only one!

TCastle
07-13-2015, 07:21 AM
I am 26 and from New Hampshire and heard about this site from some people at the book signing for Finders Keepers on July 12. They handed out some cards with the website info on it. Obviously I couldnt wait to get home and check it out. Im sure this will become a new addiction for me.

racerx45
07-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the Site

TCastle
07-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Thanks! :)

TCastle
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM
“So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.”
― Roald Dahl

who needs the tv anyway when there are just so many good books out there :D

killjoy72
07-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Seems we've got quite a few new members joining from the latest signing. Pretty cool!
WELCOME ALL!!

TCastle
07-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Met some nice people form this site and they handed out cards with the sites info on it :thumbsup:

fernandito
07-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Welcome, all new members!

jhanic
07-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Welcome everyone!

John

09stacyl
07-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Hello, I'm a new member. Another Brit for the collection! I've been reading TDT for about 4 weeks continuously and I'm nearly at the end of book VII. I found this site on Friday night, I was absolutely in bits because I'd read about Jake's *spoilers* (dunno if you do that here but better safe than sorry) horrible end. I had also been gutted on Thursday night because of Eddie! I honestly felt like I'd been through the ringer last week. Up and down because on Saturday I read about Roland getting to the Tet HQ and was actually weeping with joy! (Which is not like me at all!)don't know anyone who has read any of these books so I was looking for at least someone who wouldn't think I was so weird getting so upset over imaginary people. After spending so much time reading this story I'm so invested in these characters it was like losing family. So cheers for existing! I have been hearing about TDT for years and have been wanting to read them but it kinda seemed like a big project so kept putting it off.I don't think I can even say who my favourite character is, it's too difficult! My favourite book is The Drawing of the Three. I'm 37 but turn 38 on Saturday (18th July) I'm from Salford have no nickname and have already told you that I found this site while looking for tea and sympathy after the loss of 'our Jake'. Anyway that's me!

Merlin1958
07-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Welcome all!!!!!

jhanic
07-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Welcome Stacy! The characters in The Dark Tower are not imaginative--they're real to just about everyone here!

John

Br!an
07-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Oy!

09stacyl
07-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Cheers for the welcome and of course they're real people, otherwise I may really be going bonkers!

spacewalker
07-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Long days and pleasant nights, all.

I've decided to no longer be a silent participant within this fandom and celebration of all things related to the Dark Tower (and what's not, really?). My name is Nicole, and I'll allow the answers to the posted introductory questions speak more for myself than any paragraph I might spin:

My mother disliked the amount of time I spent reading Anne Rice and other vampire related fiction, so she purchased a copy of The Gunslinger in an attempt to divert my obsession. Silly thing merely gave me something else to adore. (This was, I wot, when I was thirteen or fourteen.)

In a pinch, I'd say Roland. Cuthbert is a very close second, however. (Talk about different character types.)

The Vampire Lestat

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Indiana, though I call New Orleans home and never intend to leave.

Do you have a nickname?
Nicki

“Ka was like a wheel, its one purpose to turn, and in the end it always came back to the place where it had started.” (From The Waste Lands)

Many-a many-ago I was registered on this site. I'm thinking circa 2007 or so (I'm guessing based on remembrance of internet performance). I don't remember my old username or if I was ever particularly friendly with any specific individuals. I was young and the world has moved on. I'm back now, and thrilled to be.

Thank ye all for reading this. We're well met, I hope?

Girlystevedave
07-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Welcome (back) to the site, spacewalker. :)

jhanic
07-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Welcome, Nicki! Looking forward to your contributions.

John

zelig
07-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Welcome new members!

Xerrand
07-16-2015, 03:04 AM
Welcome all new members, enjoy posting!

ke7285
07-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Welcome all newcomer's alot info and good people from all over the world.

Jon
07-16-2015, 07:19 PM
FRESH MEAT

Welcome new folks!

Hurting you is the last thing I want to do, but it's still on my list

j-buck
07-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Hi everybody. The first thing I should say is that unlike the vast majority of you, I am still reading this series. I just finished Wolves of the Calla and will start Song of Susannah later. So there will definitely be a lot of threads I won't be entering.

I am undergoing a massive quest to read all of the Stephen King books in order, unless I'm reading a series. Then I finish the series before going back and reading the books in publication order. I had gotten to The Gunslinger, and as I'm usually not a fan of fantasy, really out-there novels, I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy this series. And while I found the first three books to be fine, it wasn't until Wizard and Glass that I got completely immersed in the series. I was worried that the following book wouldn't be as good, but Wolves of the Calla was about as excellent as Wizard. The Wind Through the Keyhole was good as well. In that book, I was afraid I wasn't going to like the Time story; fortunately, those fears went unfounded. I can only hope that Song of Susannah is just as amazing as the last few have been.

Roland, probably. There's a sort of, well...other-worldliness to him, which fits because he's...from another world. In the first two books, he seemed like this not-quite-human character who just lived to shoot things, but he's gained an impressive amount of depth since then. I also like Eddie; he usually provides the humor in these books.

So far, probably Wizard and Glass, although Wolves of the Calla definitely comes in a close second.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

I alternate residences between Missouri and Kansas.

do you have a nickname?

I go by my initials.

Heh, I was trying to find a reason for why King used the word "palaver" so often. I didn't find that, but I did find this!

Girlystevedave
07-17-2015, 04:47 AM
Welcome to the site, j-buck!

killjoy72
07-17-2015, 04:55 AM
Welcome!

jhanic
07-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Welcome! Enjoy the DT series!

John

Jon
07-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Welcome, Buck. I envy you your journey through DT.

bluewhaleotter
07-17-2015, 07:53 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I have always loved Stephen King movies and have seen them all up to date. I have always collected some of his books yet now I started to collect them all. Then I discovered The Dark Tower! I have been looking for them all and have finally found them. I will now start to read them from the first one book.

Who is your favorite character? Not sure as will start to read tonight.

What is your favorite book? Not sure yet. Still to discover.

How old are you? I am in my 60's.

Where are you from? Ontario, Canada.

do you have a nickname? bluewhaleotter

how did you find this site? I had bought a Dark Tower book with no cover and so I wanted to know what the cover looked like, and from that search, I came here.

I have started a Stephen King Facebook along with a Twitter. Facebook: Stephen King Swapand Greet Twitter: stephenkingrage

jhanic
07-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Welcome, bluewhaleotter! You are in for the ride of your life. (By the way, a lot of people have troubles starting with The Gunslinger. If you do, skip it and go to the second book, then go back to the first.)

John

ke7285
07-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Welcome J-buck and bluewhaleotter, the series really takes off with Wizard and Glass. Aat least you have the luxury of all 7 books in hand, some of had them spread out over 20 years.

fernandito
07-17-2015, 01:41 PM
If you skip The Gunslinger, aka the best book in the series, don't talk to me.

:tongue1:

Merlin1958
07-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Welcome All!!!

j-buck
07-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Hey moderators, I tried to ask a question in the question thread about 16 hours ago, and it was never approved. You think you might be able to do that for me? I would ask you personally, but it won't let me do that since I don't have the required amount of posts, which I'll never get if they're never approved, creating a vicious cycle. (I tried posting it again just in case something was wrong, so don't bother with that second post)

Merlin1958
07-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Hey moderators, I tried to ask a question in the question thread about 16 hours ago, and it was never approved. You think you might be able to do that for me? I would ask you personally, but it won't let me do that since I don't have the required amount of posts, which I'll never get if they're never approved, creating a vicious cycle. (I tried posting it again just in case something was wrong, so don't bother with that second post)

Don't fret. You need five posts before member privileges are available to you. Until then, posts are "moderatered" to prevent spam. The posts will clear and when you have five you'll be good to go. Hang in there!!!

Randall Flagg
07-20-2015, 12:11 PM
You should be good to go.
Welcome to the site.

Xerrand
07-21-2015, 07:23 AM

Welcome to the site, I love how you said "vicious" cycle :lol:

Jon
07-23-2015, 07:15 PM

"Questions are a burden and answers are a prison to oneself."

Xerrand
07-24-2015, 03:57 AM
^ The deepest guy in the world! :lol:

Br!an
07-24-2015, 02:27 PM
He's the deepest guy in several worlds.

Jon
07-30-2015, 08:00 PM
I am but a "prisoner."

CamillaComeKah
08-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Long days and pleasant nights to all. May we be well met along the beam. Also I realize my username spells Camalla wrong. I must cry your pardon. I haven't forgotten the face of my father. The fault lies with autocorrect. Alas Kah has granted me this username and I may not change it. Can't wait to geek out with all fellow gunslingers. Stand and be true for we do not kill with our hands but with our hearts. So we do.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Long days and pleasant nights to all. May we be well met along the beam. Also I realize my username spells Camalla wrong. I must cry your pardon. I haven't forgotten the face of my father. The fault lies with autocorrect. Alas Kah has granted me this username and I may not change it. Can't wait to geek out with all fellow gunslingers. Stand and be true for we do not kill with our hands but with our hearts. So we do.

Welcome to the forum, my friend! :smile:

jhanic
08-06-2015, 04:16 AM
Welcome!

John

Girlystevedave
08-06-2015, 05:49 AM

You've found the best place to geek out with fellow gunslingers. :lol:

Welcome to the site!

Jon
08-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Hey...Welcome!!

fernandito
08-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Welcome, all new members!

Girlystevedave
08-11-2015, 06:40 AM

Woah woah woah. Slow down, my friend. Don't wanna divulge too much personal information on the web. :lol:

Jon
08-13-2015, 11:49 PM

Yes...We MUST have a talk about boundaries! That...girl is right.

tiny
08-19-2015, 07:25 AM
hey ! its my first day here, my first ppoost, but many of you know me from the SKMB \with Ms. Mod and what not

zelig
08-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Welcome! Great to have you.

Girlystevedave
08-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Welcome, Tiny!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

jhanic
08-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Hey, Tiny! How you doin'?

John

Zaphod
08-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Hello all, I'm a long-time member of the A Song of Ice and Fire forum and a serious book collector. A member from here named Becca69 posted on the asoiaf forum and mentioned The Dark Tower so I thought I'd take a look, it seems like a great place to discuss books with other collectors so I joined up.

stroppygoblin
08-20-2015, 02:50 AM
Welcome Zaphod! feel free to explore the site. Check out the collection threads (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?111-Collections) There are are some extremely serious book collectors here :) and we look forward to seeing your collection too!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-20-2015, 04:19 AM
Welcome to the forum, Zaphod! :thumbsup:

Zaphod
08-20-2015, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Welcome Zaphod! feel free to explore the site. Check out the collection threads (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?111-Collections) There are are some extremely serious book collectors here :) and we look forward to seeing your collection too!

Thanks for the link, I can see myself spending several hours there drooling over the collections. I'm renovating my house at the moment and a lot of my books are in boxes or on bookcases behind stacks of other furniture. The plan is to dedicate a room for use as a library so I can finally have everything sorted and shelved properly, at that point I may well start up my own thread in that forum.

jhanic
08-20-2015, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the link, I can see myself spending several hours there drooling over the collections. I'm renovating my house at the moment and a lot of my books are in boxes or on bookcases behind stacks of other furniture. The plan is to dedicate a room for use as a library so I can finally have everything sorted and shelved properly, at that point I may well start up my own thread in that forum.

Looking forward to seeing what you have!

John

zelig
08-20-2015, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the site Zaphod! You are going to love it here.

Jon
08-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Tiny and Zap!

Welcome!!!

Merlin1958
08-20-2015, 06:55 PM

Are you any relation to "The" Beeblebrox? LOL Welcome to the site!!!! Have a look around and enjoy!!!

KMiller
08-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Ok. New to the site. Was browsing some of the info the last few weeks and decided to join in the fun. I would say my modest collection started with getting a signed copy of "Bag of Bones" at a reading/signing event at the Chicago Library (and as the only time I met King in person is one of my prized possessions). But shortly thereafter ran across the three book bundle of the first three Dark Tower books in a slipcase from Grant. It was $100 and out of my budget at the time but I had to have it. I find the forum a wealth of information and love looking at all of the collections!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the site, KMiller! :smile:

zelig
08-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Yes, welcome! Great to have you here!

Jon
08-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Welcome, KMiller!

There is more to this place than collections. Look about!

racerx45
08-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Welcome KMiller

jhanic
08-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Welcome, KMiller! Remember that we ALL started with "modest" collections. Please feel free to post often!

John

Merlin1958
08-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Welcome!!!

KMiller
08-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I love the list of signed limiteds. I didn't know there were so many I didn't have. What a wealth of information.

fernandito
08-31-2015, 08:27 AM
Welcome, all new members.

Jon
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM

That reminds me; my niece has a new boyfriend!

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 06:01 PM

That reminds me; my niece has a new boyfriend!

???? I s that a good thing or is he now dodging a beating? LOL

Jon
09-03-2015, 09:44 PM
No...she has a new member.

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 09:50 PM
No...she has a new member.

:doh:

Kaye
09-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I have been a SK fan for many years. I have 1st printings that I've purchased all along. My favorite is the DT series. I read each as they came out. Just before a release I would read the series over from the beginning and get to the next just in time.
I love reading the posts from you guys.

Randall Flagg
09-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the site. Look around and enjoy.

zelig
09-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the site!

T-Dogz_AK47
09-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the site, Kaye!! :smile:

Merlin1958
09-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the site, Kaye!!

jhanic
09-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Welcome, Kaye! Please feel free to post often.

John

ke7285
09-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the all the member's!! A lot of information can be found here and if you can't find it I'm sure if you ask someone will find the answer.

Kevin

Girlystevedave
09-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I have been a SK fan for many years. I have 1st printings that I've purchased all along. My favorite is the DT series. I read each as they came out. Just before a release I would read the series over from the beginning and get to the next just in time.
I love reading the posts from you guys.

Welcome to the site! Please jump in and post often. :)

Kaye
09-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Thank you all for the welcome. I love the collections!

Kaye
09-06-2015, 11:07 AM
http://C:\Users\Kaye\Pictures\OY!

firemonkey66
09-07-2015, 07:07 PM
I look on the Collector site frequently for values and such and while poking through the forums, I followed a link here and decided I would sign up. I've been a SK fan since I was a kid, but have just in the last few years become interested in obtaining collectible grade books to replace my collection of torn up paperbacks. Looks like there is a lot of info on this site; should have joined a long time ago.

My favorite SK book is The Tommyknockers, more for nostalgia than anything else.

tanzia328
09-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Omgosh...your pic. Its the print I have that I was looking for more info on. I bought a large copy a long time agonat the NY Comic Con. My copy is #230.

tanzia328
09-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Opps..new at this. Should have mentiones it was zelig's avotar I was referring too.

zelig
09-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the site firemonkey66. You will love it here.

Opps..new at this. Should have mentiones it was zelig's avotar I was referring too.

Welcome to the site tanzia328. That picture in my avatar is one of my favorite Whelan paintings. I also have a copy of the limited print. Haven't framed it yet though.

Look around guys. Lots to see. Welcome again.

jhanic
09-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Welcome, all!

John

Br!an
09-08-2015, 05:57 AM
:thumbsup:

T-Dogz_AK47
09-08-2015, 07:14 AM
A big welcome to our new members. :thumbsup:

Merlin1958
09-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Welcome All

Kolia
09-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Hello everyone,

My name's Nicolas, I'm a new member :) As you may have seen on my profile, english is not my native language since I am French, so please be kind if I make any mistakes :p Are there any other Frenchies over there ? :D This being said, I am very happy to join this forum !

I've been a fan of SK books and novels for as far as I can remember (I began when I was a child), but the DT serie is by far the one I prefer, even though I also liked Pet Sematary, Insomnia and so on...

I found this forum because I was searching for artworks about the Dark Tower universe. The other reason I created an account is because I found the work of one of the members, Rachel Readman, and I would like to get more information on her work and possibilities to purchase this wonderful Crimson King sculpture she's shown on her thread !

To finish, like we say in France, à bientôt !

jhanic
09-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Welcome, Kolia! There are quite a few Frenchmen here. Please feel free to post often!

John

Kolia
09-13-2015, 03:56 AM
Thank you jhanic :) Nice to meet you, and I hope to meet these Frenchmen from time to time ! ;)

T-Dogz_AK47
09-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Welcome to the site, Kolia! :smile:

zelig
09-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the site Nicolas!

Merlin1958
09-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Welcome, Kolia!!! "herbertwest" is I believe a member here from, France. Enjoy the site, post often!!!

Br!an
09-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Welcome!

herbertwest is from Paris. This is his website: http://club-stephenking.fr/

Girlystevedave
09-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Welcome, Kolia!
I hope you enjoy the site. :)

Pieter
09-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi constant readers,

I'm new on this forum. My name is Pieter, and I'm a 24 year old dental laboratory technician from the Netherlands. Been reading King ever since I was big enough to climb into my dads bookshelve. Started with a tiny book:

http://client.atequa.net/eric/boekensite_net/www/Covers/169.jpg

and after that I was hooked. Pet Samatary is my all time favourite King book, though I've only read 20 of his books so far. Also love his short storys. Fav movies are Stand by Me and Kubrick's The Shining.

Since I noticed there are special limiteds I've been collecting King books. Love watching al your bookcollections on this site.

Houdoe.

webstar1000
09-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Hi constant readers,

I'm new on this forum. My name is Pieter, and I'm a 24 year old dental laboratory technician from the Netherlands. Been reading King ever since I was big enough to climb into my dads bookshelve. Started with a tiny book:

and after that I was hooked. Pet Samatary is my all time favourite King book, though I've only read 20 of his books so far. Also love his short storys. Fav movies are Stand by Me and Kubrick's The Shining.

Since I noticed there are special limiteds I've been collecting King books. Love watching al your bookcollections on this site.

Houdoe.

You need to start the Gunslinger and go through that series... you will not regret it! WELCOME!!

zelig
09-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the site Pieter!

Merlin1958
09-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Welcome!!!

jhanic
09-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Welcome, Pieter! Please feel free to post often!

John

Pieter
09-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Hi constant readers,

Houdoe.

You need to start the Gunslinger and go through that series... you will not regret it! WELCOME!!

Im reading Misery at the moment. Fantastic book. After that I will start with The Dark Tower series.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

biomieg
09-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Hoi Pieter, je zult je hier niet vervelen :) welkom!

My first King book was also one of those black paperbacks. I'm getting a bit nostalgic at my old age!

Niels
09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Welcome Pieter! Don't spend too much time here; it will feel like an addiction!

Pieter
09-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Welcome Pieter! Don't spend too much time here; it will feel like an addiction!

Too late ..

Br!an
09-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Welcome!

Misery is a good one. I read it before they made the movie. When the movie came out it was almost exactly what I'd imagined.

BTW there is a Broadway production in the works. http://www.miserybroadway.com/

The Dark Tower is fabulous. I'm a fan of SF/Fantasy so it's perfect for me.

Long Tall and Ugly
09-22-2015, 06:20 AM

I came upon the first volume in my local book shop back in about 1983.

Roland.

Of the Dark Tower series: The Gunslinger

In general: Bleak House

How old are you?

Where are you from?

England

do you have a nickname?

Tallman

Just searching for a Dark Tower forum

stroppygoblin
09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
An Englishman abroad! Welcome sir!

zelig
09-22-2015, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the site!

Long Tall and Ugly
09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
How did you wangle the Cross of St George rather than the Union Flag in your profile?

Long Tall and Ugly
09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Thank ya

jhanic
09-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Welcome, Long, Tall and Ugly! This is the best SK site on the web!

John

Long Tall and Ugly
09-22-2015, 10:07 AM
OK, I look forward to getting involved. Thanks.

Merlin1958
09-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Welcome!!!!

Girlystevedave
09-23-2015, 04:45 AM
Welcome, new members! I hope you guys enjoy it around here. :)

Brice
09-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Hi, my name's Brice. Not new, but it's been quite some time. I hope you lovely people are doing well. Still no regular internet, but just wanted y'all to know I fucking love ya'!

Girlystevedave
09-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Brice! :wub:

We love you! Don't leave! [clings on for dear life]

Brice
09-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Love you Amanda!:rose: Unfortunately I have no internet at home. I got a free hour today and I might be able to from the library sometimes. It's internet isn't reliable though and my phone won't let me log in.

Girlystevedave
09-23-2015, 09:50 AM
I understand, Brice. At least you haven't forgotten about us.

We have not forgotten about you. :couple:

Brice
09-23-2015, 09:53 AM
:huglove: I am able to get to facebook regularly. Also my # is 330-932-9494 if anyone is ever inclined to use it. :)

Girlystevedave
09-23-2015, 09:57 AM
1. I do see you on facebook sometimes, but there's a bit more excitement to seeing you on here, if that makes sense. :lol:

2. [starts stalking Brice] For serious though, I forgot that I used to have your number, right? Right? :cyclops:

Brice
09-23-2015, 10:03 AM
2. You can stalk me anytime. :wub: Unfortunately I only have a few more minutes. 1. I totally understand and feel free to use that number. Text or call anytime.

Brice
09-23-2015, 10:04 AM
...and yes, I believe you did have my number...though this is a newer one.

jhanic
09-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Good to hear from you again, Brice.

John

Merlin1958
09-23-2015, 12:17 PM
:huglove: I am able to get to facebook regularly. Also my # is 330-932-9494 if anyone is ever inclined to use it. :)

So good to see you, Bricey!!!

stroppygoblin
09-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Hey was that a fleeting Brice shaped shadow I just missed? Welcome back!

Niels
09-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Tried Tapatalk!? [emoji3]

Love you Amanda!:rose: Unfortunately I have no internet at home. I got a free hour today and I might be able to from the library sometimes. It's internet isn't reliable though and my phone won't let me log in.

ladysai
09-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Hey was that a fleeting Brice shaped shadow I just missed?

It was!!!

How fantastic to see you around, Brice! :D

peripheral
09-24-2015, 04:15 AM
Hi everyone, I've been enjoying this site from the shadows for months now, and thought it was about time to introduce myself. It's been a wonderful resource for me with collecting King. I'm 38-years-old, from Australia. I started reading King when he published Misery and then devoured everything and have been committed ever since. I started collecting modestly in my early 20's, just US and UK first editions, and then took a break basically until theI saw the Cemetery Dance release of IT, which blew me away, and I started thinking of collecting again. The arrival of a few kids has finally prompted me to reclaim my youth again and I've started devoting a fair bit of time back to collecting, and I'm loving it. And this site has been an awesome help.

So...

I always knew it was there but I didn't want read it until I had time to do it all at once. So, last Aussie summer, I had some minor home renovations to do. I got the audio books, threw them on my iPod, and listened to it every day until it was done. Got me through those days.

Who is your favorite charcter?
Roland

Of the DT series, The Gunslinger. But of SK generally, I prefer his traditional horror. The Stand, Salem's Lot, Misery, Needful Things.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Melbourne, Australia

Do you have a nickname?
Yes, but it's a long story.

Searching the net for info on collectibles.

So, fellow book geeks, thanks for the site, and thanks for having me.

Cheers

zelig
09-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the site and well done on coming out of the shadows!

jhanic
09-24-2015, 04:31 AM
Welcome to the site, "long story" :smile:

John

stroppygoblin
09-24-2015, 04:55 AM
How did you wangle the Cross of St George rather than the Union Flag in your profile?

in your profile, set your country to be 'England' rather than 'Great Britain'

Girlystevedave
09-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Welcome, peripheral. Glad you decided to come out of the shadows and enjoy the site. :thumbsup:

Brice
09-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Good to hear from you again, Brice.

John Thanks John! I miss being here regularly.

Brice
09-24-2015, 02:38 PM

So good to see you, Bricey!!! Always great to see you Bill. Miss you!

Brice
09-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Hey was that a fleeting Brice shaped shadow I just missed? Welcome back! Thank you! Unfortunately not fully back. Good to see you again though.

Tried Tapatalk!? [emoji3] What is tapatalk?

Hey was that a fleeting Brice shaped shadow I just missed?

It was!!!

How fantastic to see you around, Brice! :D
It is fantastic to see you lovely ladysai! I've actually lost track of how long we've known each other now. It seems like ages. Miss you! :wub:

Brice
09-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Welcome peripheral! I think I saw you out of the corner of my eye. Seriously glad you're enjoying the site. :)

Jon
09-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Welcome new folken!

...and who is this "Brice" dude?

Br!an
09-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Welcome new folken!

There's a whole chapter about him in the Necronomicon.

peripheral
09-25-2015, 04:10 AM
Welcome peripheral! I think I saw you out of the corner of my eye. Seriously glad you're enjoying the site. :)

Cheers, nice to be here.

peripheral
09-25-2015, 04:14 AM
Welcome to the site, "long story" :smile:

John

:smile:

garin
09-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Garin
Fav book the drawing of the 3
Fav character oy

jhanic
09-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Welcome, Garin! Please feel free to post often!

John

Jon
09-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Feel often too!

And WELCOME!!!!

Merlin1958
09-29-2015, 04:44 PM

in your profile, set your country to be 'England' rather than 'Great Britain'

That's good advice, but be sure to root for the "All-Blacks"!!!! LOL

Welcome to the site!!! Enjoy!!!

tiny
10-06-2015, 11:43 AM
hello,people, im kindda sortta new here, please direct me to the area where I can discuss
the "casting" of the Dark Tower movie. I cant find anything yet ! lol.
the movie that (once again) is DUE to be made by the bad-robot people !
please and thank-ye

Girlystevedave
10-06-2015, 11:51 AM
I think there may be more than one thread out there discussing the movie.
But this is probably the one you want for discussing the casting.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?10822-the-DT-movie-thread

Br!an
10-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I didn't know about that one. :orely:

I do know about this one... The-Dark-Tower-series-filmed-adaptation (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?10517-The-Dark-Tower-series-filmed-adaptation)

tiny
10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
thank you kind sir

zelig
10-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the site! Enjoy.

Merlin1958
10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!

jhanic
10-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Welcome, Tiny! Good to see you over here now!

John

Jon
10-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Welcome, tiny!!

goheat
10-09-2015, 05:15 AM
A belated WELCOME to the wonderful Dark Tower.org site, Tiny!

Brice
10-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Welcome new folken!

I believe we may have crossed paths somewhere somewhen. :)

Welcome new folken!

There's a whole chapter about him in the Necronomicon.
Indeed brother! Hope all are still well. Welcome new friends.

Girlystevedave
10-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the site, Brice. :P

Brice
10-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the site, Brice. :P
Thank you I may have to stalk you around the site until I get a feel for the place and where everything is. I predict the aforementioned stalking could take years. :wub:

Girlystevedave
10-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Oh, promises promises. :huglove:

Brice
10-17-2015, 12:11 PM
:huglove:

ladysai
10-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Hey was that a fleeting Brice shaped shadow I just missed? Welcome back! Thank you! Unfortunately not fully back. Good to see you again though.

Tried Tapatalk!? [emoji3] What is tapatalk?

It is fantastic to see you lovely ladysai! I've actually lost track of how long we've known each other now. It seems like ages. Miss you! :wub:

It has been ages!
Quite the long strange trip, eh?

Miss you, too!
*huggles*

DanaR
10-19-2015, 03:52 PM

I've been a King fan for a looong time, I saw it listed in one of his other books and went from there. I think the first time I read about the Tower was when The Gunslinger was first published as a paperback.

Oy. :)

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Columbia, MO

do you have a nickname?

Nope.

I'm a book collector, particularly Stephen King. I had to stop for a few years due to health issues, but recently found renewed interest. While Googling for information about King's S/L, I found this site.

zelig
10-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the site DanaR. Or should I say, welcome to the madness. I think you will love it here. And my favorite DT is also Drawing of the Three.

jhanic
10-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Welcome, DanaR!! You've found the best Stephen King site on the web!

John

Jon
10-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Welcome, Ma'am!

Br!an
10-20-2015, 05:17 AM
:grouphug:

Merlin1958
10-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Welcome!!!!

goheat
10-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the site, DanaR! Enjoy!

DanaR
10-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the site DanaR. Or should I say, welcome to the madness. I think you will love it here. And my favorite DT is also Drawing of the Three.

Thank you, Zelig. To be honest, it's been awhile since I've read the complete series - if I ever have time to sit down and read it again, I may discover I like another DT better.

DanaR
10-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the site, DanaR! Enjoy!

Thank you! :)

DanaR
10-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Welcome!!!!

Thanks!

DanaR
10-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Thank you, John. I'm now busy catching up on King news after having dropped out for a few years.

DanaR
10-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Welcome, Ma'am!

Thank you, Sir!

sharki69
10-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Hello DanaR and welcome to the TDT community. This day will change your life :)

DanaR
10-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Hello DanaR and welcome to the TDT community. This day will change your life :)

Thank you, I'm loving the warm welcome I'm getting. :)

rockthecasbah
10-24-2015, 08:28 PM
I discovered TDT just after The Wastelands was published. Of course then I had to wait over a decade for the conclusion. I was upset over VII and the ending and didn't read King for several years. I've recently completed the 8 volume series in a reread that started a few months back. After a few years away, the reread was refreshing and I'm not upset over VII any longer. My favorites from the series are 4.5 and 5. Those of you who are just now discovering TDT don't realize how fortunate you are to have the entire series at the ready.

Jon
10-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi...GREAT SN!!!! RTCB!!! I LOVE the song!!! There is a thread about how long we all waited... but it shows one's age. LOL No problem..plenty of us old folks here! Many of us upset too and rediscovering or rediscovered.

WELCOME!!!!!

jhanic
10-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Welcome, Rockthecasbah! I like 4 and 4.5 the best, but I do like them all.

John

zelig
10-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the site Rock. When I read TDT, all books had already been published so I read them all at once. Love the books and I didn't mind the ending. Now I know why your forum name sounded familiar. There's a new movie coming out with Bill Murray call Rock the Casbah.

Merlin1958
10-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Welcome!!!

rockthecasbah
10-25-2015, 11:05 PM
When I read TDT, all books had already been published so I read them all at once. Love the books and I didn't mind the ending.

That's because you didn't have to wait 20 years for the ending. :)

Jon
10-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Welcome, Rockthecasbah! I like 4 and 4.5 the best, but I do like them all.

John

A nod to 4.5. Interesting.

rockthecasbah
10-26-2015, 09:36 AM

My fondness for 4.5 is based on the story within a story within a story. We also get introduced to further characters such as Bix and are left wondering if he made it through the starkblast.

BTW, I've made a couple of posts elsewhere that needed 'approval' but several days later they still aren't 'approved' thus I'm stuck in here commenting.

Merlin1958
10-26-2015, 11:12 AM

My fondness for 4.5 is based on the story within a story within a story. We also get introduced to further characters such as Bix and are left wondering if he made it through the starkblast.

BTW, I've made a couple of posts elsewhere that needed 'approval' but several days later they still aren't 'approved' thus I'm stuck in here commenting.

It's a spam prevention thing. Once you get to 5 posts you'll be good to go!!

Jon
10-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Just two more.

Come, palaver.

Br!an
10-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Welcome!

jhanic
10-27-2015, 03:37 AM
Welcome, Vee! Please feel free to post often!

John

zelig
10-27-2015, 07:12 AM
Welcome Vee. Great to have you here.