PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

DTRAiN235
08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!

There WAS a lot of beer drank that evening. I don't keep in touch with Jesse as much as back then, but I will have to say that was a splendid evening!

Patrick
08-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh, hush now, Bill and Jean. :grouphug:

D, well, I hope Jesse is doing well.

Didn't we also talk with Maita on the phone that evening from the pub? (I have no recollection of her TDT screenname that others would recognize.)

There must be pics of that evening out there somewhere. I can't even remember what year that was. :doh:

Anyway, man, that was a good night - although I was pretty beat going to work the next day.

DTRAiN235
08-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh, hush now, Bill and Jean. :grouphug:

D, well, I hope Jesse is doing well.

Didn't we also talk with Maita on the phone that evening from the pub? (I have no recollection of her TDT screenname that others would recognize.)

There must be pics of that evening out there somewhere. I can't even remember what year that was. :doh:

Anyway, man, that was a good night - although I was pretty beat going to work the next day.

We did call her (miranoriel)!

You still keep in touch with her?

Patrick
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
She's around on Facebook. Problem is that I rarely go on FB.

Brice
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome Daryl! :)

stkmw02
09-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Welcome!!

TeaspoonLifeGirl
09-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

But what about the little launches that life always brings? What if I am one of those people...

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

I'd love to perhap' ask all kinds of existential questions, then, but that might be too deep to just start right up with, so I will wait for that moment, thanks...

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I was always a wanderer myself in the lands of the Dark Tower, but I did not know that until I a) began by reading S. King's works to begin with and b) decided that supernatural Westerns like the Gunslinger saga (now known to you all as the Dark Tower saga) were trig.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Charcter, charcter...I could guess charter and charcoal. Either might be somehow sensible, you tell me. Maybe you want to know who my favorite *c h a r a c t e r* is.
Dark Tower books: They are all lovely, somehow, each important and giving. But the gunslinger is only a catylyst, maybe, for more important folk. I am captivated personally by the good peoples of the lands of the Dark Tower the most, by the folken. I have met the folken in the lands of the Dark tower, journeying with Roland ever so quietly, only a cypher, not even seen to him. And yet, somehow, I am them.

What is your favorite book?

You task me far too hard with that question. All of them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
:giggle: A River. It's lake had the name Ithaca. Then it went between two cities, in my when, Mpls/St. Paul.

do you have a nickname?
Shee! What a question! Sometimes, it has been Lorzilla, and at others, the Lorinator. Now, it's Mommie.

:dance:

:Dances in the rice fields right with you, to dawn's coming:

Merlin1958
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

But what about the little launches that life always brings? What if I am one of those people...

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

I'd love to perhap' ask all kinds of existential questions, then, but that might be too deep to just start right up with, so I will wait for that moment, thanks...

I was always a wanderer myself in the lands of the Dark Tower, but I did not know that until I a) began by reading S. King's works to begin with and b) decided that supernatural Westerns like the Gunslinger saga (now known to you all as the Dark Tower saga) were trig.

Charcter, charcter...I could guess charter and charcoal. Either might be somehow sensible, you tell me. Maybe you want to know who my favorite *c h a r a c t e r* is.
Dark Tower books: They are all lovely, somehow, each important and giving. But the gunslinger is only a catylyst, maybe, for more important folk. I am captivated personally by the good peoples of the lands of the Dark Tower the most, by the folken. I have met the folken in the lands of the Dark tower, journeying with Roland ever so quietly, only a cypher, not even seen to him. And yet, somehow, I am them.

You task me far too hard with that question. All of them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
:giggle: A River. It's lake had the name Ithaca. Then it went between two cities, in my when, Mpls/St. Paul.

do you have a nickname?
Shee! What a question! Sometimes, it has been Lorzilla, and at others, the Lorinator. Now, it's Mommie.

:dance:

:Dances in the rice fields right with you, to dawn's coming:

OK!!! Welcome!!!

TeaspoonLifeGirl
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Jeez. Paying any attention, are you??? Make me all self-conscious, even...TY!

Brice
09-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Welcome! :)

stkmw02
09-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome!

Ben Staad
09-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Jack Mort
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Welcome!!! :biggrin:

Patrick
09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome to TDT.org, TeaspoonLifeGirl!

Merlin1958
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM

???????????????

Jonny Five
09-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Hello all. How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I was directed to the audiobooks by a coworker with the very SK-grand cast sounding name of Lucas Roth (ranchhand at the Rocking B). That's 4 years back, and I have been listening to them pretty much continuously since then. The Dark Tower seems to kindle the same wild excitement I felt when I first saw "The Valley of Gwangi" as a kid; cowboys+dinosaurs = cowboys+thinnys. Guns, magic and slo-trans engines. YES!

This question requires a 2-part response. Main Character - Oy, because he is in fact the true unsung hero of the Ka-Tet, ever being omitted by King in his description of the group's line-up during their adventures ("Jake, Callahan and Eddie crossed the rectory yard, leaving Roland to palaver with the Manni folk." Did Oy just stop being there?) The only times I get teary eyed in the Dark Tower are when George Guidall gives voice to Oy's pleads to 'Ake ("Go on. You mind me now." "Taaab." - jake leaves oy with the mannifolk in doorway cave, song of susannah) Supporting Character(s) - Gasher, Coral Thorin, Sheriff Avery (Herkimer; by the gods, what a name!), Sheb (there's a guy on youtube named Tom Brier sight-reading nyan cat on an upright that is Sheb to the life in my mind's eye; all he needs is some sweat.), Blaine the Mono, Wayne Overholser.

It's a tie between Wizards and Glass & Wolves of The Calla. I've never read any westerns, but any I read on my way to the clearing will ultimately be benchmarked against these two epics. both seem to stand on their own as completed cycles, rather than episodes in a series. If I couldn't convince someone to start at the beginning, I would direct them to these two. One could dislike The Dark Tower overall and still be drawn in by these two fables.

How old are you?
45, but time is slipping here.

Where are you from?
I was born in Honolulu, but I'll lay my guns in the ground of Fort Lauderdale Florida, if it do you fine.

do you have a nickname?
I actually heard someone say in reference to me "go ask The Five, he'll know where it is", but call me jonny, I beg.

Jonny Five
09-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Sheb.
http://youtu.be/dIivJwz5jL8 Start at 3:45, if it do ya fine.

RainInSpain
09-15-2012, 02:25 AM
Welcome to TDT.org, Jonny! Well met!

Merlin1958
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome!!!!

Black Foot Yankee
09-30-2012, 10:37 AM

Hmm. I can't recall. Sorry. I know I discovered DT long ago.

If I am forced to pick just one it would have to be Roland. I love them all really.

The Drawing Of The Three

How old are you?

46 (elderly)

Where are you from?

Miami, Florida

Ben Staad
09-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Welcome! Please have a Cafe Con Leche' for me.

Jean
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM
How old are you?

46 (elderly)
look, another Methuselah!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

jhanic
09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Black Foot Yankee, you're still a youngster to me! (I'm 67 now!)

Welcome!

John

Merlin1958
09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome, My brother!!!!

kingme
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM

I picked up my first copy of DT from a gas statio/food mart/ truck stop on a stretch of highway when I was 11.

Who was your favorite character?

The Main In Black. One evil ahole.

DT IV Wizaard and Glass. It introduced me to the series.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Originally I am from Alabamq. I now reside in North Carolina.

Do you have a nickname?

You can call me D.

Merlin1958
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Welcome, "D"!!!!

louguzzo
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
My name is louguzzo. Here is the rest:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read the back of Wizard and Glass at Walmart when the big paperback came out in '98 and decided to start at the beginning.

Who is your favorite charcter? Walter - I was a big Randy Flagg fan before I ever knew about DT.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass. Nostalgia, romance, love, and the discretion of superior beings in a world forever gone will never be captured as elegantly.

How old are you? 32 - Started along the Path of the Beam in my senior year of high school - it should be noted that I started The Gunslinger in April and finished Wizard and Glass in June (I actually got fired from my summer job for taking extended reading breaks plowing through WaG); springtime will forever remind me of the Dark Tower.

Where are you from? Western Nebraska

do you have a nickname? louguzzo is not my real name, so I guess that's close enough...

Randall Flagg
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the site....poke around; I am sure you will be thrilled.

Merlin1958
10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the site....poke around; I am sure you will be thrilled.

What he said!!!

:rock:

Chantarelle
10-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi all, I've lurked here on and off for quite a while now, but as I'm doing another re-read of the series, I'd like to be a bit more active, so here goes:

I honestly don't remember. I know it was sometime after the release of TWL and before WaG because I seriously thought the wait for IV would kill me!!

I finally made a decision on this a little while ago. Eddie is my favourite, but I love Jake the most.

Drawing of the Three. Hands down favourite book of all time

How old are you?
I'm a lady, so I don't think you're supposed to ask me that. Ok, ok, I'm 35 in a few days.

Where are you from?
Brisbane, Australia.

Do you have a nickname?
None that I'm going to share.

And if I can be bold enough to add another question, I'd like to answer how many / which copies of the books I own:

I've never been much of a book collector and have always believed the pleasure should be in the reading and not to get all OCD Cal Toweresque about it. So I was pretty pleased when I bought the whole paperback series for around $40.00. But recently I finally gave in and bought hard cover first printings on Ebay. Along with buying the kindle version, because I just have to have this portable, I now own 3 different sets. It's not as impressive as some of the collections I've seen on this site, but it was quite a splurge for me and I felt the need to share :-)

Jean
10-06-2012, 02:44 AM
http://www.rossingleton.com/Ppkt%20Welcome%20Board%20Roses.jpg

Cook
10-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Jean,
excellent plaque??? what exactly is this? made from pewter, plaster, foam ?
Do you happen to know if these are available elsewhere?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg

Bad Penny
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Always great to have another Aussie on board Chanterelle :dance:

Shannon
10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome. Hopefully you stick around for more than fifteen posts. :)

Jean
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Jean,
excellent plaque??? what exactly is this? made from pewter, plaster, foam ?
Do you happen to know if these are available elsewhere?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg
no, alas, I don't know! I came across the picture ages ago, and stored it in photobucket, have no idea now where it originated from

junkhead19
10-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I discovered the Dark Tower series about 5 months ago. I had always heard of them and I always loved Steven King but never invested the time I knew it would take to read them all until recently.

Favorite character would have to be Jake. He reminds me so much of how I was at his age.

My favorite Dark Tower book is a tie with The Dark Tower and Wizard and Glass.

Im 22 years old.

From Syracuse NY

My nick name is Doughy but I Prefer my real name Joseph.

jhanic
10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome, Joseph! Stick around and post often!

John

Merlin1958
10-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Welcome, Friend!!!

Jean
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

Merlin1958
10-11-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

Damn if you don't find the most awesome "Welcome's", Jean!!!!

:clap:

Jean
10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
: modestly bows :

bumhug66
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I was a fan of Stephen King having read loads of his books but it was my husband that introduced me to the tower during our courtship. I fell in love with mid world and i have never left since as i make a point of reading them at least once a year.

Who is your favorite character?
Jake and Oy. It's their beautiful friendship and loyalty to one another that draws me to them.

wizard and glass as you get to understand why Roland is how he is.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Central Scotland, UK

do you have a nickname?
Bubbles :)

Merlin1958
10-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I was a fan of Stephen King having read loads of his books but it was my husband that introduced me to the tower during our courtship. I fell in love with mid world and i have never left since as i make a point of reading them at least once a year.

Jake and Oy. It's their beautiful friendship and loyalty to one another that draws me to them.

wizard and glass as you get to understand why Roland is how he is.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Central Scotland, UK

do you have a nickname?
Bubbles :)

Welcome, my brotha from another mother!!!!

mattgreenbean
10-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome Bubbles!

MommyBumbler
10-26-2012, 05:56 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I love Stephen King. When I lived in MO, my fiance's boss recommend I read it... so I did.... a lot :)

Who is your favorite charcter? Besides Oy? Roland and Susannah

What is your favorite book? of the series.... all but Wastelands. I could. and have, read them over and over.

How old are you? 32

Where are you from? Originally from NJ. Currently PA

do you have a nickname? plenty of them. but MOMMY is my favorite :)

Randall Flagg
10-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the site.

Merlin1958
10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Welcome, Mommy!!!!!

stkmw02
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome!!

Jean
10-27-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.goodlightscraps.com/content/welcome-images/welcome-68.gif

sgc1999
10-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Huge Welcome:dance:

The Dark Man
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
hello my name is Randel Flagg.:) Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

Jean
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YQkPvT4kBrY/TDCur82nNFI/AAAAAAAAABA/auWD8uOXS4Q/s1600/Welcome+Dark+Sepulchre+sign.jpg

Merlin1958
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
hello my name is Randel Flagg.:) Just Kidding my name Is Christopher Brooks Donovan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well I had a friend whom told me about the series. picked it up and didnt put it down. THANK ELI!!!

Who is your favorite charcter? I'd have to say Roland, but the one who really made it "to my favorite character was Oy.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower 7 hands down

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Long Island, N.Y.

do you have a nickname? Dark Mage Flagg

Welcome to the site!!!

stkmw02
11-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Welcome!!

AndyM
11-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Hello all -

New member here, though I may be familiar to some in the larger geek community as I've got credits in books, comics, DVDs, and more. Check out my webpage to see...
www.andymangels.com

Longtime horror fan, and have been reading Stephen King since around 1980. Don't remember what was first, though probably Carrie.

Read "The Monkey" somewhen prior to Skeleton Crew and had nightmares about it for decades. Still hate the damned cymbal monkeys.

Watched The Shining on video in about 1983-84 alone in an apartment I was apartment-sitting and was terrified. Much preferred Firestarter, which I watched dozens of times.

Favorite King books are probably Firestarter, Cell, and The Stand.

Favorite King media projects are Firestarter, Needful Things, and The Stand. Loved the soundtracks to all three as well. As with King, music is an important part of the equation for me.

Originally from small town in Montana (Bigfork), but escaped from there and have lived in Portland, OR for 28 years now.

Known for my prodiguious Wonder Woman collection, I also have a lot of King material, mostly related to media. Looking to buy/trade for press kits and scripts that I don't already own.

EDIT: Speaking of which, there are sections for the books and comics on here, but nothing much for the collecting of the movie/tv memorabilia... This section doesn't appear to be very busy or really for collecting...
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?135-The-King-Film-amp-Television-Catalog

Is there another section that would be more appropriate to post things about movie and TV King material?

Jean
11-07-2012, 05:17 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TJM7uzubPIg/TOqeUSXL5yI/AAAAAAAAAAY/6ceJoLk18qc/s1600/welcome_red_carpet2.jpg

tomegunslingers
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Been a big SK fan and was always daunted by the Tower series (alot to tackle) but finally succumbed and LOVED it! I am now starting the comics...

the easy answer is Rollie but besides him, I would say Andy the messenger robot was suuuper interesting! (would love to hear his backstory!)

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
San Francisco Bay Area.

fernandito
11-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Welcome, one and all!

Randall Flagg
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Been a big SK fan and was always daunted by the Tower series (alot to tackle) but finally succumbed and LOVED it! I am now starting the comics...

the easy answer is Rollie but besides him, I would say Andy the messenger robot was suuuper interesting! (would love to hear his backstory!)

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
San Francisco Bay Area.

Welcome, I too am from the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay).

Randall Flagg
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Hello all -

New member here, though I may be familiar to some in the larger geek community as I've got credits in books, comics, DVDs, and more. Check out my webpage to see...
www.andymangels.com

Longtime horror fan, and have been reading Stephen King since around 1980. Don't remember what was first, though probably Carrie.

Read "The Monkey" somewhen prior to Skeleton Crew and had nightmares about it for decades. Still hate the damned cymbal monkeys.

Watched The Shining on video in about 1983-84 alone in an apartment I was apartment-sitting and was terrified. Much preferred Firestarter, which I watched dozens of times.

Favorite King media projects are Firestarter, Needful Things, and The Stand. Loved the soundtracks to all three as well. As with King, music is an important part of the equation for me.

Originally from small town in Montana (Bigfork), but escaped from there and have lived in Portland, OR for 28 years now.

Known for my prodiguious Wonder Woman collection, I also have a lot of King material, mostly related to media. Looking to buy/trade for press kits and scripts that I don't already own.

EDIT: Speaking of which, there are sections for the books and comics on here, but nothing much for the collecting of the movie/tv memorabilia... This section doesn't appear to be very busy or really for collecting...
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?135-The-King-Film-amp-Television-Catalog

Is there another section that would be more appropriate to post things about movie and TV King material?

Movies are discussed in The Gem Theater:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?27-The-Gem-Theater

TV shows are discussed in Fedic Station:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?24-Fedic-Station

Actual collection of King books are in Calvin's Corner. Calvin's Corner has an area where you can create a collection thread, or you can post King promotional items etc. Poke around there. If you need more help, just post another question. Welcome to the site.

Calvin's Corner:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?9-Calvin-s-Corner

stkmw02
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Welcome!!

Merlin1958
11-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Welcome!!!!!

Odetta
11-10-2012, 05:09 PM
*toasts new people*

AndyM
11-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Randall -
Thanks for your answer. I guess I'll have to split up discussions. ;>
Will take some shots too, to post in Calvin's Corner.

Cook
11-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Welcome fellow "geeker" from the Great Northwest

Hello all -

www.andymangels.com

Welcome fellow "geeker" from the Great Northwest

Amelie de Sade
11-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I could have sworn I was registered here ages ago; I suppose I've been lurking as a guest since 2008 or so.

I have an issue... I'm a pusher. Not like Jack Mort, more like a drug dealer, except the goods I push are found in The Dark Tower series. To date, I've purchased & gifted fourteen of the original series of seven, and cajoled, whined, nagged and prodded my victims, er... gift recipients, through the entire series. I find myself interrogating my hapless friends and family about characters, the whats and whys of situations, connections to other works... but I'm sure plenty of you know how it goes. Right? It's not just me, is it? I mean, I could stop any time I wanted...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My late father ended up with a copy of The Gunslinger in a bag of paperback westerns a friend gave him. He read it, said "Stephen King ain't so bad after all," and gave it to me. At that point, only the first three novels had been published and we read them over and over and over until Wizard & Glass. So I guess you could say I didn't discover The Dark Tower, I was led to it.

Who is your favorite character? Jake, without a doubt, and that's most likely because I was about Jake's age when I first read The Gunslinger. That and he's become quite the ass-kicker through the series.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla, I think. It varies each time I re-read them. It was The Gunslinger last time.

How old are you? 30ish

Where are you from? Fredericksburg, Virginia

Do you have a nickname? Several, though Bunneh (that's Bunny, for those of you that don't speak lol) is my favorite.

pathoftheturtle
11-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi. Thanks for posting. Hope to hear from you more. :)

Merlin1958
11-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi. Thanks for posting. Hope to hear from you more. :)

Ditto!! Welcome to the site!!!!!

Amelie de Sade
11-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi, and thanks. Define "often," as I have the tendency to be quite loquacious.

pathoftheturtle
11-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi, and thanks. Define "often," as I have the tendency to be quite loquacious.
Really? If that is so strong a tendency of yours, why then were you...

... lurking as a guest since 2008 or so...
???

Amelie de Sade
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Really? If that is so strong a tendency of yours, why then were you...

... lurking as a guest since 2008 or so...

I felt I had nothing relevant to offer. My opinion of my opinions has changed.

pathoftheturtle
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Good! You seem very bright. I'm sure you will find your input welcomed just as often as you elect to voice it.

Merlin1958
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Good! You seem very bright. I'm sure you will find your input welcomed just as often as you elect to voice it.

And we're off!!! LOL Great job, Path. Subtle yet to the point. I like that. You are a Master Debater!! LOL J/K LOL

HailEMC
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, My name is Eric. I first tried to read The Gunslinger as a Freshman in highschool, but found it much too dry. i picked it up a year again and loved it! I'm just starting to read the wolves of the calla, so please no spoilers!

Randall Flagg
12-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Merlin1958
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, My name is Eric. I first tried to read The Gunslinger as a Freshman in highschool, but found it much too dry. i picked it up a year again and loved it! I'm just starting to read the wolves of the calla, so please no spoilers!

WELCOME!!!!

HailEMC
12-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Haha it seems i've missed the boat by a few years, i cant keep up with all these posts!

pathoftheturtle
12-12-2012, 07:11 AM
I know the feeling. :lol:
But we're pretty casual. No need to overstudy.
You might want to stick to "The Baronies" until you've gotten through all spoilers, (www.thedarktower.org/forumdisplay.php?34-Wolves-of-the-Calla (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?34-Wolves-of-the-Calla)) plus check out Tower Connections (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?15-Tower-Connections) and our Towerpedia! (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?116-Towerpedia!). Have you already read major connecting works such as The Stand?
Also feel free to take advantage of threads like The Dark Tower Q&A - Ask a question, get an answer! (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1229-The-Dark-Tower-Q-amp-A-Ask-a-question-get-an-answer!-*spoilers*) -- even if you don't read the whole thing before posting, for fear of *spoilers*.
Welcome again to these forums, and enjoy your reading journey! :)

Cass
12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi!!! I hope I have fun around here and meet a lot of awesome people!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? By reading some of his books first, then I started wondering about the whole Dark Tower books thing.

Who is your favorite charcter? I must say that it really depends, but I love Cuthbert and Walter! Everytime Walter appears I think "things got serious"

What is your favorite book? I'd say the first one. It IS full of questions and no answers, but it has the amount of action I love and questions I need.

How old are you? 21

Where are you from? Argentina

do you have a nickname? Just Cass.

jhanic
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome, Cass! Please feel free to contribute frequently!

John

Jean
12-22-2012, 02:15 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gif

Merlin1958
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Welcome!!!

pathoftheturtle
12-22-2012, 09:53 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gifWow, that looks somehow real gothic.

stkmw02
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Welcome!

Merlin1958
12-22-2012, 05:18 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gif

Welcome!

??? That's all you got, Krystle? Jean puts up a neon welcome sign and the best you can do is "Welcome"? Next time put some "feeling" into it!! LOL LOL LOL

First impressions are important!!! LOL

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9695/welcomewh.png

stkmw02
12-22-2012, 06:31 PM
My welcome comes with a heartfelt love that doesn't require flashy clipart. ;)

(And, you know, I'm lazy. :lol: )

Merlin1958
12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
My welcome comes with a heartfelt love that doesn't require flashy clipart. ;)

(And, you know, I'm lazy. :lol: )

Oh C'mon, MOM!!! If I can do it so can you!!!! LOL LOL LOL

theyspunaweb
12-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Hello all! Do you remember me? Do I remember you? I just randomly remembered this entire forum... I used to be quite active I believe. It's time I re-read The Dark Tower series, and said hello to old friends.

pathoftheturtle
12-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello. Nice to see you again. :)

Jean
12-28-2012, 11:11 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/weocome_back01.gif

cit74
12-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Hello all - Nice to meet you all.
My name is Chad - I am fairly a late bloomer - in that at age 38 - I finally have time again to sit back and read and start collecting some books again aside from my constant reading in my teens (all of those SK, Koontz, Crichton and Straub books - are stored away in a tough to get to bookshelf that my son will find in a few years).
I was never a big Dark Tower fan (sorry) - but came across the forum when talking with people about buying some books -
my favorite has always been the first SK book of his I read - The Stand - although my interests run the gamut from graphic novels (or as my wife affectionately calls comics) to who knows what (hopefully when I have a few days off I can take some photos and post them under my collection).
And I am out on the Left Coast - midway between SF and Sacramento...but displaced from my city of origin - philadelphia (but as an avid sports fan its okay to be away from philly this past year - given how my teams have performed and the fact that there is still no hockey).

Randall Flagg
01-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Welcome to the site.

ChristineB
01-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Welcome All!

Chad, I didn't start collecting SK until I was 40 so don't feel like you are behind at all. :)

pathoftheturtle
01-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I didn't start collecting SK until I was 40 <-- **Mind Blown**

Merlin1958
01-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome All!

Chad, I didn't start collecting SK until I was 40 so don't feel like you are behind at all. :)

I didn't start actually "Collecting" King books until I was 43 though, I have been an avid fan since "Carrie" So don't feel bad!!!

Patrick
01-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Happy New Year and welcome to TDT.org, Eric, Cass, Chad, and all the other new members! (and welcome back, theyspunaweb!)

kerzol
01-08-2013, 03:52 AM
hi everybody :) I recently finished DT and, under the influence I've searched the net for more information about the series and found you guys, happy to be here :)

jhanic
01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Welcome! Please feel free to post often!

John

Merlin1958
01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
WELCOME!!!

Oh, and donate to the Haven Fund!!!! LOL

ChristineB
01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
hi everybody :) I recently finished DT and, under the influence I've searched the net for more information about the series and found you guys, happy to be here :)

Welcome Kerzol!!

This is a great place with a bunch of great people that contribute often, jump right in, we are glad to have you here.

greenhorn1
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone. A new member here. These days art collecting is my primary hobby (primarily lowbrow/pop surrealism type stuff but I've got some fantasy art and a few Dark Tower pieces as well) but prior to that I had an interest in limited edition king stuff although at this point most of the small collection I had has been sold off to fund my art addiction. My favorite king stories are The Long Walk, DT series (especially IV), and The Mist.

sgc1999
01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
welcome all,
Im pretty new myself so welcome to me too:)

jhanic
01-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi Greenhorn1! Welcome!

John

ChristineB
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Greenhorn1, Welcome to The Dark Tower!

This thread might be interesting to you, I know I would like to see some of your DT related artwork there. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?219-The-Masters-Originals-Collectible-Book-Art/page20

Merlin1958
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Welcome, Greenhorn!!!!

You mentioned "Palavercon" in one of your posts. Were you a member of the old TDT.Net?

fernandito
01-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome, one and all!

greenhorn1
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome, Greenhorn!!!!

You mentioned "Palavercon" in one of your posts. Were you a member of the old TDT.Net?

Yes I was. Probably not a very frequent contributor but I did visit on occasion.

erxbooks
01-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi

I am a long time book collector and Dark Tower fanatic. I first read the Gunslinger in the Eighties when it came out as a TPB and was hooked. I now have a matching set of 1-7 (#259). I also collect Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard, Neil Gaiman and other authors. I am looking forward to exploring this site

jhanic
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Welcome, erxbooks! Please feel free to post often!

John

ChristineB
01-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome erxbooks!!!

Merlin1958
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi

I am a long time book collector and Dark Tower fanatic. I first read the Gunslinger in the Eighties when it came out as a TPB and was hooked. I now have a matching set of 1-7 (#259). I also collect Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard, Neil Gaiman and other authors. I am looking forward to exploring this site

WELCOME!!!!!! Full member priviledges open up to you upon 5 posts!!!!

Have Fun!!!!

RC65
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
I kind of misplaced my introduction in response to a thread in Calvin's Corner, so thought I'd remedy that by reposting it here, in the correct and appropriate spot...

I've been a King fan since the mid/late-'70s, but fell away from being a Constant Reader sometime around the mid-'90s after a few too many disappointments, then waded back in for a short while with THE GREEN MILE and BAG OF BONES...then had my interest in King's work fully ignited again with UNDER THE DOME and, especially, 11/22/63 (got the signed limiteds of both of those, in fact). They both brought back that familiar buzz I used to get Back in the Day reading King's now classic work. I'm really looking forward to DR. SLEEP and JOYLAND, and it's great to once again look forward to King's work...it's a feeling I missed for far too long.

Rapsu
01-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Ihad been reading sai King for a moment already, even if I was young.

do you really need to ask? :)

Wizard and Glass. It has the best story within itself, even if it is the most-gone-through-one. As a text, gunslinger is the best text sai King ever wrote, and I guess, after he quit drinking, it will not ever get to that level anymore... :(

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Finland

do you have a nickname?

Rapsu

Randall Flagg
01-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Welcome RC and Rapsu.

stkmw02
01-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome!! Make yourselves at home!!

SaiHudson
01-18-2013, 02:14 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My Ex-Husband

Who is your favorite charcter? Jake

What is your favorite book? The Gunslinger

How old are you? 24

Where are you from? Norfolk VA

do you have a nickname? Kate, Fake GF, Shorty, Spazzy

Hi hi i'm back again.

ChristineB
01-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Welcome RC, Rapsu, and SaiHudson!!!

Merlin1958
01-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Welcome RC and Rapsu.

^ What he said!!!!

Merlin1958
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Pardon me for "Hi-jacking" the thread for a moment, but if any of you newcomers are looking to supplement your collections (cheap) and help a great cause well, check this out!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17025-2013-Haven-Foundation-Fundraiser-Sale!&p=749111#post749111

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming, Thank you for this PSA!!! LOL

Brice
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My Ex-Husband

Who is your favorite charcter? Jake

What is your favorite book? The Gunslinger

How old are you? 24

Where are you from? Norfolk VA

do you have a nickname? Kate, Fake GF, Shorty, Spazzy

Hi hi i'm back again.

I lived in the Hampton Roads area (all over) for about a dozen years.

Welcome! :)

fernandito
01-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard all new members.

noal
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Welcome everyone, you'll be hard pressed to find a more friendly site on the whole interweb!

Merlin1958
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Welcome everyone, you'll be hard pressed to find a more friendly site on the whole interweb!

Well said, my friend!!!

Stebbins
01-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Allow me to re-introduce myself:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Next door neighbor introduced me to it at twelve

Who is your favorite charcter? Eddie/Roland

What is your favorite book? II, IV, and VII

How old are you? 22

Where are you from? New Lenox IL

do you have a nickname? D; David France; Spliff

Hi again everyone. I could not remember the password to access my old account, The Road Virus, so I created this one. I was also Penneywise (not a typo this time- cut me some slack though, I made it when I was twelve) on TDT.net. Kind of bummed to start over in post count but I guess it just means I'll have to starting swinging by more often. Plus, now I have my favorite character as a username :harrier:

ChristineB
01-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Welcome back David!!

Jean
01-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Virus, ole mahfah, welcome back!!

wait a second before you restart flooding the boards: there may be a multiple accounts controversy, I'll ask those wiser than me what should be done

Brice
01-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Imo if he continues to not use the old account there are no multiple accounts. :)

Stebbins
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Thank you very much Christine and Jean!

Much obliged Jean. I figured that might be the case. However, I e-mailed for help about resetting TRV password and did not receive a reply (though I could have been more patient). I will comply with whatever they see fit. Preferably, I would like to keep this account now that I went through the process of setting it up (merging my post count would be icing on the cake. But I am not that greedy to care much about it).

Brilliant point Brice :smile:

Brice
01-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Welcome back! :D

I don't think merging post counts is likely, but well then here post counts aren't accurate. I mean if mine showed my off topic posts too it would just be ridiculous. Oh, wait! It still is. :lol: I just took a couple months off and I still think it's the highest.

Stebbins
01-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks bud :dance:

Lol, well I had to try at least. Your count is quite impressive sir!

Brice
01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
impressive or obsessive...one of the two LOL

I'm glad to help when I can.

Stebbins
01-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Haha, sometimes they're one in the same.

One last question then: How do I edit my signature? Mine was the same forever as TRV and I can't find the place to make one now.

ChristineB
01-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Stebbins, it's in settings under edit signature, on the left side of the screen.

Coulrophobia
01-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am joining this wonderful website to learn, and get help rebuilding my "IT" collection. All of my collection including the recent 25th anniversary release was destroyed in the recent storms. While I have used eBay for a few items in the past I am afraid of going after the bigger ticket items without some backup. I want to thank you all in advance for the help you might provide in my journey to rebuild my collection.

How did you discover "IT"? My ex was really the Stephen King fan, and when I went to purchase "IT" the day it was released for her I also bought a copy for myself. Ever since then I have slowly collected anything related to "IT"

Who is your favorite character? Pennywise

What is your favorite book? "IT"

How old are you? 46

Where are you from? NJ

do you have a nickname? Herm

Merlin1958
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am joining this wonderful website to learn, and get help rebuilding my "IT" collection. All of my collection including the recent 25th anniversary release was destroyed in the recent storms. While I have used eBay for a few items in the past I am afraid of going after the bigger ticket items without some backup. I want to thank you all in advance for the help you might provide in my journey to rebuild my collection.

How did you discover "IT"? My ex was really the Stephen King fan, and when I went to purchase "IT" the day it was released for her I also bought a copy for myself. Ever since then I have slowly collected anything related to "IT"

Who is your favorite character? Pennywise

What is your favorite book? "IT"

How old are you? 46

Where are you from? NJ

do you have a nickname? Herm

WELCOME!!!!!!!

Stebbins
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome! Nice to have you here.

I am very sorry to hear about your collection. I discovered "It" through the movie actually. I borrowed my Aunt's first edition and tried to read it as a kid, and didn't complete the task till a couple years ago, but couldn't read past the first chapter. However, the movie scared me when I was 11 and made me not want to go in the shower for a summer from that one scene with Eddie haha. The movie is laughable now (and parts were even back then), but I still love it.

Glad to have another SK fan here Herm!

pathoftheturtle
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
It is still my very favorite SK novel. Except perhaps for The Waste Lands. Have you tried the Dark Tower series, Coulrophobia? Or, for that matter, have you read The Stand?

pathoftheturtle
01-29-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2f51n6EAI

Coulrophobia
01-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I thank you all for the Welcome. I purchased the duel VHS when it was released, and I watched that on Halloween every year since. There was one glitch one year when my son was old enough to realize he did not like evil clowns and tossed my copy of the movie. I will admit I have only ever read the novel "IT", but I have listened to almost all the rest on audiobook at least once (I am a fan of Old Time Radio horror). The first audiobook I owned was 6 audio cassettes of Stephen King's stories from his anthology NIGHT SHIFT it was at that time an exclusive through Waldentapes/Waldenbooks. That Pennywise video is like catching a glimpse if Sheldon Copper was Pennywise. lol

pathoftheturtle
01-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Well, the background trivia, of course, is that "Robot Chicken" actor/producer Seth Green once played young Richie.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/rt-sg_zps76da3600.jpg

Stebbins
01-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Well, the background trivia, of course, is that "Robot Chicken" actor/producer Seth Green once played young Richie.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/rt-sg_zps76da3600.jpg

One of the many reasons I love the flick!

Also, I would never guess that Pennywise is the same guy who played the head hotel prick in Home Alone.

*Edit: That's Home Alone 2; Lost in New York. Which was by far my favorite one (which is why I refer to it just as HA)

pathoftheturtle
01-30-2013, 06:32 AM
... guy who played the head hotel prick in Home Alone. ...:facepalm: Plus a few other roles, you know, over the decades... lol

One time when we were watching Clue, I mentioned how much I've always liked Tim Curry, and my friend said "Do what?! I don't know who that guy is, but he don't look like Jim Carrey!" :facepalm:

jhanic
01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Welcome David and Herm. Please feel free to post often!

John

Coulrophobia
01-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much I look forward to learning, and collecting. Have a great day.

ajw2910
02-06-2013, 09:33 AM

My memory sucks, but I recall getting catalogs from Donald M Grant and a place called The Time Tunnel (maybe in Jersey?) and buying a 1st edition DTII. I think this was in 1985. After I bought that from Grant, they told me they still had 1st editions of the DTI that they were selling for $100. Well, at the time, I thought there is no way I am ever spending $100 on a book. Yeah, right. Since then I have accumulated S/L of many King books and paid well over $100 for all of them. But, it's a great hobby and I love my collection.

I always liked Roland, but am a big Eddie fan as well. He is definitely a close second.

Can't really pick just one. All the Dark Tower are favorites. My recent favorite is 11/22/63.

How old are you?

Turning 46 in about a month.

Where are you from?

Cuba, New York

Do you have a nickname?

Nope, not really. Name is Anthony and I go by Tony.

Jean
02-06-2013, 09:35 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome650-7horse.jpg

Merlin1958
02-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Welcome!!!!

sgc1999
02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
... guy who played the head hotel prick in Home Alone. ...:facepalm: Plus a few other roles, you know, over the decades... lol

One time when we were watching Clue, I mentioned how much I've always liked Tim Curry, and my friend said "Do what?! I don't know who that guy is, but he don't look like Jim Carrey!" :facepalm:

and don't forget the classic movie....ANNIE that he played the bad guy in. He did a great job with that role!

jhanic
02-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome, Tony! Please post often.

Don't forget to check out the Calvin's Corner threads and post pictures of your collection. We'd love to see it!

John

ajw2910
02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. I will try to get pics of my collection posted. I am not the most internet savvy person, so it may take a bit. What's the best way to get my pics on here?

Tony

jhanic
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9233-Posting-pictures-links-etc.

This should help a lot.

John

sgc1999
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I will try to get pics of my collection posted. I am not the most internet savvy person, so it may take a bit. What's the best way to get my pics on here?

Tony

Hi Tony,
welcome to the site. I hope this link will be of help:)
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9233-Posting-pictures-links-etc.&highlight=posting+pics

sgc1999
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
lol, you beat me to it:)

ajw2910
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
So, am I reading that correctly that I don't have to have my pics on Photobucket or another website and I can post directly to this site if I have a gallery set up for me by one of the moderators?

Merlin1958
02-08-2013, 10:26 AM
So, am I reading that correctly that I don't have to have my pics on Photobucket or another website and I can post directly to this site if I have a gallery set up for me by one of the moderators?

Yes. However, I believe you need 5 posts first.

ChristineB
02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Welcome Tony!!! Looking forward to chatting and seeing your collection.

Lookwhoitis
02-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Greetings friends,

Long time King reader here. Found these boards by a desire to start shopping for S/N LE's of my favorite series of books of all time: The Dark Tower. I stumbled upon this site after traipsing through the Collector's boards and decided to sign up and throw my hat in the ring.

I first read Stephen King as an entirely too young precocious bookworm. Cant remember which was my first but I am thinking it may have been Cujo. I was 11 when that book was published. Not sure if I read it immediately when it came out, but it wasnt long after, because I instantly became a King Acolyte. The 80's were good to me. Pet Sematary, The Bachman Books, IT, Christine, Thinner... never again was it so fun being so scared. I read heavily at a young age: Tolkien, Howard, Heinlein, Asimov, PJF... but when I found Stephen King he became my favorite author. There was just something about the way that he told the story. How he peppered his books with thoughts, sayings, actions and feelings that were UNIVERSAL, even to my young mind before it started to think about Literary Theory, symbolism, allusions and such. He just told a hell of a story.

I think I found The Dark Tower after I had read Eyes of the Dragon. That story blew my mind. It was my first experience with a King book that was non- Horror. At that time, I didn't know he wrote in other genre styles. I quickly did some research and sought out the Gunslinger. I enjoyed the first book but it was when I got ahold of and devoured the Drawing of the Three that it really grabbed me and became a Dark Tower fan for life. The Wastelands came and went. I ate it up. My little sister gave me a birthday gift one year. A Donald Grant Trade edition of Wizard & Glass that she had bought at her part time job at Borders bookstore. It was my first exposure to any type of Small Press luxury Limited Edition. Even though it wasn't one of the coveted S&N LE's (I mean who could afford one of those in 97 on a bookstore wage?) I thought it was cool as hell. Little did I know that I would be chasing those dang Grant editions (and spending way too much money)years later. I loved it. I still think it is one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten.

Then I walked into a desert of my own making...

I still to this very day... all of these years later have not finished reading the Dark Tower series. I guess I got caught up with other things. Movies, Film school, Music, Partying, concerts, guitar, chasing women, Life. I kind of fell off the wagon along the way.

I guess I loved the story so much that I never wanted it to end. That feeling you sometimes get when you are 10-20 pages away from the end of a book where you have been loving it so much… eating it up, until you suddenly try to SLOW DOWN reading because you don’t want it to be over, while the same time you are spurred to read at a breakneck pace to see what happens. But finding out how it all turns out comes with a price. The book is over. The story is done. What am I going to read tomorrow? What will I look forward to? And it is still too fresh to re-read and get the same fix, even though you want to do so immediately. Maybe in a year, perhaps two.

It reminds me of a scene in a favorite film of mine. I’m not that big a fan of Tom Cruise, but I loved him in Cameron Crowe’s Vanilla Sky. There is a scene where he is in bed with Penelope Cruz and he calls himself a “Pleasure Delayer.” One who holds off on the actuation of pleasure or happiness to dwell on the feeling you get when it is about to happen. That anticipation… the feeling of something good to come is almost better than the good itself, and definitely better than when the good has gone. I guess I’m kind of that way with the Dark Tower.

I bought the books. I’ve been an ebay fiend for years. Popped my cherry with DG by ordering the Artist Edition of Wolves of the Calla. Snagged the box set. Even met Michael Whelan at a talk he gave and busted out my 3rd print Gunslinger from the shrinkwrap to have him sign it. Scored a S/N LE of LSoE from ebay and got it registered and bought The Wind through the Keyhole to match.

I’ve even started the series over again more than once, but I’ve never completed it. Never even have gotten past my original stopping point. But the time is now. The quest renewed. Not only am I gunning for a full S/N LE Set. (A tall order, I ken… I may never even be able to afford a # I), but I am going to read the damn things.

All the way through.

I-VII and then the two after em.

Fie on all those fokkers who didn’t like the ending. The road goes on for me.

I am on the path of the beam. My quest is renewed. Did it ever really end?

KA is a wheel.

Walk with me…

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed…”

Lookwhoitis
02-08-2013, 11:40 PM
All right, so for all of those who went WALL OF TEXT **Smacks head**

(i'm sure there weren't many because this is a board of FANatics, afficianadoes, philosophers, and dreamcatchers, I ken...)

here is an answer to one of the regular questions.

I go by the nickname/handle lookwhoitis on the interwebs. I picked that name when signing up for an account on the Microsoft gaming zone many years ago to play the game Age of Empires. I spent many hours on that game and its sequels over the years.

At the time I wanted a name that was fun, quirky and creative. It worked. every time I showed up i heard LOOK WHO IT IS! I started getting a tickly feeling when i heard the phrase in movies. It made me feel special. My peers started crying it out whenever they saw me or even upon seeing anyone that was worth recognizing. A hot girl. A celebrity. A sports star. It became kind of a catchphrase and still is.

I have used the handle on every boards, internet presence, videogame, ect. ever since. If someone has already purloined my name, i just throw an underscore in there.

So there it is. My nickname...

(shoulda picked Gunslinger! :shoot: )

Ben Staad
02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Lookwhoitis! Please look around, post often, and enjoy the members. There are some very nice folks here plus it is the best site for information on SK collecting.

Stebbins
02-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Based on the ending of your first post, I take it you have read all the DT books now. I got a giggle out of the not wanting it to end part.

Anyways, don't be a stranger!

Lookwhoitis
02-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Based on the ending of your first post, I take it you have read all the DT books now. I got a giggle out of the not wanting it to end part.

Nope, I am right where I 've always been. Complete through Wizard & Glass.

Blasting off soon on the complete re-read>first read. It's time.

ChristineB
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome Lookwhoitis!! We are happy to have you here.

Stebbins
02-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome, Lookwhoitis!

Nope, I am right where I 've always been. Complete through Wizard & Glass.

Blasting off soon on the complete re-read>first read. It's time.

Ahhh, my apologies about the misunderstanding. Starting fresh with DT I is definitely the way to go IMO. Also, DT II is what really drew me into the series and remains tied for my favorite (along with IV and VII).

Agent Jones
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey... so. It's been a little while since I read the whole of the Tower books, but a coworker just finished Book 7 and it got me all nostalgic, so... here I am. Hi.

Jean
02-14-2013, 01:18 AM
LemurSharon?! tell me it's you!!!

http://cardsbysandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/srd_welcome-home-gate.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Rose_of_Sharon.jpg

ChristineB
02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome Agent Jones!! Glad to have you here.

sgc1999
02-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Welcome :rock:

Booknutt
02-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi! Newbie here! I joined at the suggestion of another member who bought some books from me on eBay. I joined mainly to hang out in the collecting forums. So if y'all need me ill be obverse there.

Agent Jones
02-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Eheheh yeah, it's me. Life went... extremely crazy since the last time I was here. But I'm back! You just can't keep the Tower out of your blood once it's in there, I guess!

pathoftheturtle
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
True, that. Nice to see you again. :D

Agent Jones
02-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Same to you. :)

jhanic
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome both Agent Jones and Booknutt! Please feel free to post often!

John

Merlin1958
02-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome!!!!

ChristineB
02-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Welcome Booknutt, nice to have you here, look forward to chatting with you.

Stebbins
02-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Welcome guys!

marcdelve
02-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Hiya!

A friend visited his Godfather in the United States and was given the first 3 books to read. When he returned he passed them on.

This is hard... Callahan a world jumping, vampire hunting priest. Enough said

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii635/marcdelve/IMG_2651.jpg

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

26 years of age

Where are you from?

North East of England

do you have a nickname?

Nope call me Marc

Have you got any Tattoo's?

Covered...(why i added this question) I have 3 very large ones covering my body related to the Dark Tower. Roland passing through a door, Shardik the bear and a Maturin the turtle

What do you do?

I work for a huge retailer in England called Tesco. I work as non-food manager.

Children?

2 boys. Wilson Harry 5 years old and Dexter Blaine 1 years old (Blaine i know, Don't tell the wife its related)

Nice to meet you all hope this forum entertains me :) Looking forward to speaking to you all!

ChristineB
02-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Why am I not seeing the new posts in this thread?

pathoftheturtle
02-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I want to see the other new posts in this thread, too! what's up wit dat?

Stebbins
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah I noticed this too earlier-- strange.

Merlin1958
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Welcome!!!!

SarahYork3D
02-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Greetings fellow DT fans :D

Friend recommended the books whilst I was in high school

Who is your favourite character?
Roland! He's badass :D Also Flagg and his many forms

I enjoy reading The Drawing of The Three most

How old are you?

Where are you from?
UK

I came on the forums as I am developing a Dark Tower game as part of a university project which is being created in the Unity engine. I have to get feedback for it and thought who better to give me feedback than some DT fans :D

The game is set in Stephen King's dogan, check out these screenshots of the work done so far and let me know what you think plus any suggestions would be awesome. Feel free to ask any questions about the story etc aswell :)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/856824_10151463598754887_387469533_o.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/859698_10151463598769887_674133534_o.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/859749_10151463598779887_1843869618_o.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/857947_10151463598814887_1710114792_o.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/861477_10151463598829887_842539872_o.jpg

pathoftheturtle
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I have no tattoos... but copying that one is tempting. Nice to meetcha, welcome to the site! :)

Randall Flagg
02-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Why am I not seeing the new posts in this thread?
Our spam software Moderates posts by members with less than 5 posts who have a hyperlink and/or image in their post.

Stebbins
02-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Marc, awesome tatts and story. Sarah, hell yeahhh rockin' The Drawing of the Three. It's what married me to DT

Merlin1958
02-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Greetings fellow DT fans :D

Friend recommended the books whilst I was in high school

Roland! He's badass :D Also Flagg and his many forms

I enjoy reading The Drawing of The Three most

How old are you?

Where are you from?
UK

I came on the forums as I am developing a Dark Tower game as part of a university project which is being created in the Unity engine. I have to get feedback for it and thought who better to give me feedback than some DT fans :D

The game is set in Stephen King's dogan, check out these screenshots of the work done so far and let me know what you think plus any suggestions would be awesome. Feel free to ask any questions about the story etc aswell :)

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/856824_10151463598754887_387469533_o.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/859698_10151463598769887_674133534_o.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/859749_10151463598779887_1843869618_o.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/857947_10151463598814887_1710114792_o.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/861477_10151463598829887_842539872_o.jpg

First, Welcome to the site!!!! Second, you'd probably do better with this subject in a dedicated thread after you have the required 5 posts. Thirdly, FWIW I always pictured the "Dogan's" as a little more "Hi-Tech" than stone walls. JMHO

ChristineB
02-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Welcome Marc!! Very NICE tat!

Welcome Sarah!!! The game looks interesting, but I have to agree with Merlin here, looks more like a WWII bomb shelter (reminds me more of what I pictured under the Dixie Pig) then the pictures in my head of a smooth walled Dogan. But, that's just my interpretation.

Merlin1958
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
New members? Do not miss out on this!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17038-Occupy-TDT.Org

Be there, or be square!!!!

bmcmolo
03-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Greetings and felicitations, fellow travelers,

I was a huge King fan years ago then took a leave of absence. Returned to the fold last year with the mission to give the man’s work a proper overview. Almost succeeded in my personal quest to read everything King’s written in 2012 but needed January 2013 to finish.

Tough one – love Roland, Eddie, Oy, even loved Andy the Messenger Robot. (Not to mention Daria from Wind Thru the Keyhole. And of course Blaine the Mono.)

Of the Dark Towers: Wizard and Glass. Of the Kingverse in general: Duma Key.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Born in New England, grew up in Germany, live in Chicago now.

do you have a nickname?

“B McMolo” is my nickname/ username. Real name is Bryan. You killed my father; prepare to die.

Have you got any Tattoos?

Nope.

What do you do?

I work for Lurie Children’s Hospital as a Quality Information Coordinator. Also a husband/ Dad and in what spare time there is, blog and write my own stuff.

Nice to meet you. Look forward to reading y’all’s posts and making my way through existing threads.

ChristineB
03-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Welcome bmcmolo! Well met!

Jean
03-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Of the Kingverse in general: Duma Key.http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

mattgreenbean
03-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Mcmolo, so you read all his novels in one year? I must be the slowest reader here!

jhanic
03-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Welcome! Please post often!

(Your choice of favorite characters is interesting--lots of "intelligent" machines!)

John

Jean
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.

Merlin1958
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.

Very good point, Jean!!!

Also, all you new members be sure to check out the "Occupy Event" this Sat. Prizes, games and lots of fun!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17182-OFFICIAL-Occupy-Dt.Org-prizes-rules-clarifications-hints-etc.

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/8075/1362861281occupywallstr.png

Jean
03-13-2013, 11:55 PM
hear, hear!

Stebbins
03-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Ka-tet,

My biggest apologizes for missing our big day. I just got home from the hospital a couple hours ago. I have 6 weeks of therapy but I will be fine. I plan to be back here periodically over the coming weeks and be back up to my normal posting in no time.

Jean
03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
oh shit

so, that's where you've been, my blue-eyed son

Much goodmind to you, hope you won't disapper mysteriously again!

Stebbins
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, Bears. It was quite unexpected. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't plan on it happening again :D

Merlin1958
03-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes, Bears. It was quite unexpected. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't plan on it happening again :D

Truly hope you are well or, on the mend!!!

bmcmolo
03-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Mcmolo, so you read all his novels in one year? I must be the slowest reader here!

And all the stories and novellas, too! I kind of went overboard. My hour-commute each way definitely helped me speed along. It was all for a series of blogs that I now miss doing. The day I got on the train without a King-book for the first time in 9 months was quite disorienting.

bmcmolo
03-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Welcome! Please post often!

(Your choice of favorite characters is interesting--lots of "intelligent" machines!)

John

I missed that, but you're right! I wonder what that reveals about me, haha.

bmcmolo
03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
interesting indeed

Will do. Looking forward to it. I keep meaning to carve out some time and make my way through them... I should move it up the to-do list.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Ben Staad
03-18-2013, 09:50 AM
interesting indeed

Will do. Looking forward to it. I keep meaning to carve out some time and make my way through them... I should move it up the to-do list.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

jertoncvv
03-19-2013, 12:04 AM

Listening an album called "Touched by the Crimson King", by Demons & Wizards. It's kinda conceptual with some tracks inspired on The Dark Tower.

Since I've just finished the first book, I think I have to say Roland.

The only one I already finished, The Gunslinger, probably the best book I've ever read.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Brazil

do you have a nickname?

No.

Have you got any Tattoos?

I've got a Saint George and the Dragon on my left arm, a mermaid holding a mermaid baby (my wife and baby) on my leg, a Bad Religion's Suffer album cover art and a sentence on my feet that says: "Wherever you are, I'll always be by your side" (I suppose it's the right translation to the sentence, tattooed in Portuguese)

What do you do?

I'm a Merchant Marine Officer. (I'm a ship pilot)

I'm just in the begin of the path, but already very impressed. This book definitely blew up my mind!

jhanic
03-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Welcome, jertoncvv! Please feel free to post often.

By the way, the Dark Tower books get better and better!

John

fernandito
03-19-2013, 02:32 PM

The only one I already finished, The Gunslinger, probably the best book I've ever read.
I can tell we're going to get along just fine :D

ChristineB
03-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Welcome Jertoncvv!!! Well met, and hope to see you around often.

Odetta
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Welcome!

Darkthoughts
03-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Long days and pleasant nights!

cliftoncarver
03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Hello all. I have always been haunted by the dark tower. I finally had to write a song about it. I figure you guys might enjoy....

[URL="http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftoncarver/song/10604637-the-number-19"]

http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftoncarver/song/10604637-the-number-19

cliftoncarver
03-31-2013, 11:44 AM

cliftoncarver
03-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello all-I started reading these books back when I was 15. I am 36 now. I have always been haunted by Roland. I finally wrote a song about it when I was living in the middle of nowhere Japan. I figure you all might like it---most people hate it.

Stebbins
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Truly hope you are well or, on the mend!!!

On the mend, but getting there. Thanks Merlin my friend.

Welcome jertoncvv, glad to have you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the path (and post often)!

pixie-egg
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd best start here.

I spent many weeks/months/years hating it as all I saw of my hubby was a DT book in his face. Thought I'd check it out and got hooked.

Is it clique to say Roland? From start to finish I loved him.

Favourite book?
Drawing of the Three, hands down.

How old?

Where from?
UK - Yorkshire.

Nickname?
Mumsiv.

Tattoos?
Not enough! I have a couple of tiny ones i did myself on my wrist, a shite tribal i got when i was 15 and regret it now for many reasons, i have a stickman version of hubby playing his didg and later added the boy and lastly a crimson 19. More planned for the future though. Also many piercings and stretched lobes.

What do you do?
Since I gave up work when I had the boy I am now struggling to get back into it. Filling my time (now he's at school) with study towards a BSc in Natural Sciences.

Merlin1958
04-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd best start here.

I spent many weeks/months/years hating it as all I saw of my hubby was a DT book in his face. Thought I'd check it out and got hooked.

Is it clique to say Roland? From start to finish I loved him.

Favourite book?

How old?

Where from?
UK - Yorkshire.

Nickname?
Mumsiv.

Tattoos?
Not enough! I have a couple of tiny ones i did myself on my wrist, a shite tribal i got when i was 15 and regret it now for many reasons, i have a stickman version of hubby playing his didg and later added the boy and lastly a crimson 19. More planned for the future though. Also many piercings and stretched lobes.

What do you do?
Since I gave up work when I had the boy I am now struggling to get back into it. Filling my time (now he's at school) with study towards a BSc in Natural Sciences.

Welcome!!!!!

jhanic
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome pixie-egg! Please feel free to post often!

John

Jean
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-Inner.jpg

Stebbins
04-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Favourite book?

I like you already :) Welcome!

ChristineB
04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome Pixe, nice to have more females on the boards, once you have 5 posts we would love to see your tats.

scoutandbatsy
04-13-2013, 02:52 AM
hi I first started reading the gunslinger 10years ago, I am a Stephen king fan anyway and have been for many years and I came across the gunslinger in my local library and enjoyed it so much I was hooked.

jhanic
04-13-2013, 04:20 AM
Welcome, scoutandbatsy!

John

Stebbins
04-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Welcome scoutandbatsy!

Good to have you and please make yourself at home :)

ChristineB
04-13-2013, 09:37 AM
hi I first started reading the gunslinger 10years ago, I am a Stephen king fan anyway and have been for many years and I came across the gunslinger in my local library and enjoyed it so much I was hooked.

Welcome to the best Dark Tower forums on the web. Look forward to hearing more from you.

fearless-freak
04-14-2013, 07:38 AM
hile fellow beam travelers, this is my third journey to the tower hopefully this time i'll be able to finish it

ChristineB
04-14-2013, 07:47 AM
hile fellow beam travelers, this is my third journey to the tower hopefully this time i'll be able to finish it

Welcome Fearless! Glad to have you here, feel free to jump into the conversations.

jhanic
04-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome, Fearless! How far are you in the series?

John

fearless-freak
04-14-2013, 09:01 AM
i have reached the tower at long last

jhanic
04-14-2013, 09:04 AM
:thumbsup:

John

Ben Staad
04-14-2013, 09:07 AM

Congrats and welcome!

Stebbins
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM

Nice to have you here fearless-freak!

dwilkows
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I've been a Stephen King fan for years before the Dark Tower series began.

Who is your favorite charcter? It's all about Roland, right? But I kind of like Jake too. Although I think King has difficulty with child characters.

What is your favorite book? I haven't read the 7th book yet and am re-reading the first six before I do. So far I'd say it's The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you? Quite

Where are you from? Willmar, Minnesota

Do you have a nickname? Yes

Shannon
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Hello dwilkows. Welcome. :)

ChristineB
04-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Welcome dwillkows, have a seat, take a drink and make yourself at home.

Country
04-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Was later getting to this series, I was 21 I believe when I read The Gunslinger. For some reason I got sidetracked
and never followed up. I then came back to the series after the last couple books were published. I'm currently
reading the third book of the series. I'm not sure there is anything except this series and Eyes of the Dragon by King,
that I have not read. I'm also sure some King fans would read this and be like "Dude...you haven't read the
Dark Tower series yet?" Hey, I'm getting there. :) I love stories that can take things from this world and put
a spin or emphasis on them in another, so suffice to say I'm really, really enjoying it so far! First King book I
read was The Dead Zone when I was 15.

A toss-up, and I'm only barely halfway through the journey but I'd have to say I like Eddie. We can all identify with
people we know that seem like him. I like how the new world is kind of giving him a fresh start of sorts...even if
his final desintation may still be the same. I'm excited to see where his journey goes and how his character
and old habits are challenged.

What is your favorite book? Well in the series, I liked #2 a LOT, but again I'm just halfway through the third
one. Overall from SK, Christine, The Dead Zone, and The Stand are all faves I return to now and again. I believe
the only King book I was really disappointed in was 'It came from a Buick 8'. Non-supernatural based ones from his
catalog such as Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and The Body are also timeless treasures in story telling.
I also really liked The Long Walk and others he did under the Bachman name.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

The Pacific Northwest

do you have a nickname?

Country (given to me by my city friends in the workplace years ago) because I hail from a rural area whose vast,
beautiful landscape could still be the setting for any Western film.

Add note: I'm looking forward to corresponding with people here about the Dark Tower and King's stories
in general.

jhanic
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome both dwilkows and Country!

Please feel free to post often!

John

Merlin1958
04-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the site, folks!!!

Stebbins
04-25-2013, 05:01 AM
Welcome you two! Make yourselves at home.

ChristineB
04-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Welcome Country!!

Don't feel bad about not getting to TDT until now, it took me many years to finally get through the series and that wasn't until I was over 40 and had been reading King for 20 of them. :)

Country
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Thank you Christine, and everyone!

Luciddreamer
05-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone!

Firstly it's about time that I joined a Dark Tower forum. It was by a complete accident that I discovered The Dark Tower series. And what a discovery it was. My wife always complains that I never buy her anything, so whilst at a book shop early last year I was visually intrigued by this new book by Stephen King called The Wind through the keyhole. I had no idea what it was about, only that the cover looked great. So I purchased the book and gave it to my wife. Now my wife is very particular when it comes to books, she is a big reader and will read everything. But she will only read a book when she chooses to read it. So this book that I so thoughtfully bought her was left lying around for a couple of weeks unread. That's when I picked it up and decided to give it a go myself. And what a decision that was. I was encapsulated from the off. The wind through the keyhole was a great way to begin my journey to the tower( though I know it was in the middle ). The whole series is just one big emotional roller coaster and I swallowed up every book. My favourite book has to be Wizard & Glass. What an incredible book!!!
I genuinely feel like I'm emotionally connected to everything that is the dark tower. I am also in hope that it will one day be put on the big screen like so many of king's other books. I know it would be a huge project, but this is King's crowning glory and it has to be shared with everyone!!

Randall Flagg
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Welcome to the site. Spend some time checking out the entire site.

Stebbins
05-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Love the name, Lucid. Welcome!

ChristineB
05-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Welcome Lucid!! I'm with Stebbins here, great name!!

A couple things you should know if you didn't notice them already, you can't post pics or links until you have 5 posts.

I think TWTTK is a great place to start the story really, since it's mostly back story anyway. I hope your wife gets around to reading it someday. :)

jhanic
05-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Welcome, Luciddreamer! Please feel free to post often!

John

Mykul
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? SK fan since reading Christine in High School

Who is your favorite character? Cort.

What is your favorite book? Originally I hated Wizard and Glass. (I was in a hurry to finish) Now I love the story.

How old are you? 37

Where are you from? San Tan Valley, AZ

Do you have a nickname? Mykul

Jimimck
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the site boys and girls!

Best tip I can give you? Get involved and post heaps. The community here is full of amazing people with such a HUGE knowledge base about King and everything related. You'll stumble across so much cool info and people here, you won't want to log off to your real life.

Share opinions, don't be afraid to differ with someone else, and have some fun.

Oh, and if you like the opportunity to pick up something special for your collection, keep an eye on the Classifieds thread.

Look forward to hearing from you!

jhanic
05-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Jimimck said it all! Welcome!

John

ChristineB
05-06-2013, 07:30 AM
What Jimmick said. Welcome Mykul, have a seat and join the conversations.

Merlin1958
05-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone!

Firstly it's about time that I joined a Dark Tower forum. It was by a complete accident that I discovered The Dark Tower series. And what a discovery it was. My wife always complains that I never buy her anything, so whilst at a book shop early last year I was visually intrigued by this new book by Stephen King called The Wind through the keyhole. I had no idea what it was about, only that the cover looked great. So I purchased the book and gave it to my wife. Now my wife is very particular when it comes to books, she is a big reader and will read everything. But she will only read a book when she chooses to read it. So this book that I so thoughtfully bought her was left lying around for a couple of weeks unread. That's when I picked it up and decided to give it a go myself. And what a decision that was. I was encapsulated from the off. The wind through the keyhole was a great way to begin my journey to the tower( though I know it was in the middle ). The whole series is just one big emotional roller coaster and I swallowed up every book. My favourite book has to be Wizard & Glass. What an incredible book!!!
I genuinely feel like I'm emotionally connected to everything that is the dark tower. I am also in hope that it will one day be put on the big screen like so many of king's other books. I know it would be a huge project, but this is King's crowning glory and it has to be shared with everyone!!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? SK fan since reading Christine in High School

Who is your favorite character? Cort.

What is your favorite book? Originally I hated Wizard and Glass. (I was in a hurry to finish) Now I love the story.

How old are you? 37

Where are you from? San Tan Valley, AZ

Do you have a nickname? Mykul

WELCOME!!!!!

Jean
05-10-2013, 05:35 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welmoose-bear-lg.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/welmoose-bear-lg.jpg.html)