PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Neunzehn
04-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Welcome Amber! :>
Very nice and lovely story about how you started reading the tower series! I like it. :)

Xile
04-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Welcome all.

TowerJunkie19
04-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Thank you Neunzehn :)

Brice
04-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Welcome everyone!

Jon
04-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Welcome, fellow Hoosier!

Garrell
04-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome, fellow Hoosier!

Same:)

TowerJunkie19
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Haha! I send my Hoosier love! :) (Even though I'm a Kentucky fan... lol) ;)

Garrell
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Bama fan here:) Roll Tide and SEC!!!

Xile
04-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Haha! I send my Hoosier love! :) (Even though I'm a Kentucky fan... lol) ;)

OMG, I love you too. ANTHONY DAVIS!

TowerJunkie19
04-20-2012, 05:36 AM
OMG, I love you too. ANTHONY DAVIS!

Gotta love that uni-brow! Haha!

Merlin1958
04-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Back on topic. Welcome all new-comers!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Cook
04-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Looks like it's been a long while since I've welcomed the newcomers... it's only been about 2 months :)
Welcome to the site:
Towerjunkie19
TLC - Welcome back
neunzehn
xile
ric#520

My apologies for being such a slacker.
Please don't give up on the site, it takes awile to get used too.
Don't forget to check out "Calvin's Corner in the Forum" & peruse the unbelievable amazing collections.

Zone88
04-30-2012, 07:56 AM
i think i'm a n00b..
because i thought i signed up here
when dt7 was released.. but forgot
which username/email i used to register..

... long time sk reader since '84
with pet semetary and the gunslinger
and i believe i've read all his books
and believe his penultimate one
11/22/63 is one of his finest

fernandito
04-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Welcome aboard, zone!

Cool av btw.

Zone88
04-30-2012, 08:00 AM
^
thank you!

Jean
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_bear_1.gif

Zone88
04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
^
spasiba.

(i don't speak russian..
picked up a few words from a girl i knew
and from colossus of the x-men =D )

Jean
04-30-2012, 08:30 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Merlin1958
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome All!!!!!!!!!!

Desmond Toren
05-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Hello all, another DT junkie here, probably read the series over 20 times now, looking to connect and chat with other fans.

becca69
05-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi :thumbsup:

Merlin1958
05-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Hello all, another DT junkie here, probably read the series over 20 times now, looking to connect and chat with other fans.

Hello and welcome to the site!!!! This thread will most likely be merged with the "Introduce Yourself" thread in the future.

:clap:

Brice
05-05-2012, 11:45 PM
...and it is now the future. Welcome!

pooloftears
05-06-2012, 11:42 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?
My lovely daughter tried to get me to read the series quite a few years back, suggesting I start with the second book instead of the first. About a month ago, she again encouraged me. So, I thought there must be something to this series for her to prod me twice. (I should say I was the one who introduced her to the writings of Stephen King.) It's been a month, and I just finished Song of Susannah, and will be starting on the last book today. I have to say I have enjoyed these books immensely, my favorite series by far. I will go back and read Gunslinger after finishing the last book, and have also purchased Wind through the Keyhole, which I plan to read last. I've no doubt I will read all of the books more than once. Thank goodness my daughter is persistent.

Who is your favorite character?
Hard to say, I like them all with a few exceptions. Not too fond of Callahan.

What is your favorite book?
So far, my favorite is the first one I read, The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?
Who's counting?

Where are you from?
Currently, Arizona.

Brice
05-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome! :)

pooloftears
05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Thankee sai!

Jean
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Not too fond of Callahan. .http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

Desmond Toren
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello all, another Tower junkie here, nice to see there are more of us!!!

My mother, a big SK fan, got me into reading and SK in general, in 1987 she handed both books 1 and 2, and told me i might like it, boy was she right!!!

Who is your favorite charcter?
Roland, old long, tall and ugly himself! if i had to choose a second it would be Eddie.

Its had to pick, but The Wastelands or Drawing of the Three would be it.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
born in Pittsburgh, PA, in an awesome little neiborhood called Point Breeze! Now living in Florida near Tampa.

do you have a nickname?
Funny, my nickname is The gunslinger, a friend of mine stared calling me that after seeing my book collection and my explaining the series to him and it just caught on, most of my friends dont know why or how i got the nickname but it stuck.

Merlin1958
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Welcome All!!!!!!!

Merlin1958!!! Nevermind the name as it is now. All shall become clear in time!!!

oil-man
05-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Greetings all, and thanks to wedealinlead for pointing the way...with his croocked finger! I'm new to posting, except over at Dan Simmons where I got banned once...do folks here ever get banned by the propriator?

Just finished reading The Wind Through The Keyhole...enjoyed it enough to start the DK series...then found out King revised The Gunslinger in 2003...wedealinlead says there's two schools of thought here: original DT vs Revised DT.

Sounds like fun.

mattgreenbean
05-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Been posting a couple months but skipped this step. So I'm making up for it now.

Google, that's how I discover everything.

For right now, I'll say Tom Cullen. Only because I often say, "M-O-O-N that spells _____."

Insomnia, it was my gateway.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Born in Bradenton, Fl grew up in Cape Coral, Fl now in Columbia, SC.

do you have a nickname?
They went away after college. Matt works just fine.

Bad Penny
05-21-2012, 04:49 PM
It's great to be on board :dance:

How did I discover The Dark Tower?

a) the book - I was gifted a Plume 1st edition waay back when (I was already a long time Stephen King fan at the time);
b) TDT.org - stumbled across an auction for a Glenn Chadbourne "The Crate" remarqued copy of CD's Shivers VI and was fortunate enough to win it.

Who is my favourite character?
Hmm, let me think about that for a nanosecond (maybe less) - ok, let's look left and say Pennywise together :belial:

What is my favourite book?

Hands down The Stand (the original edition)!!!

How old am I?

Sigh, just turned 50 last month (bugger!!!) :doh:

Where am I from?

Parramatta (Sydney) Australia.

Do I have a nickname?

Not so much, but Penny'll do just fine (or call me anything but late for breakfast) :nana:

Ben Staad
05-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the forum!

stkmw02
05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh, I missed this thread!

The books I discovered when I became obsessed with Stephen King. The website I found recently while hunting for birthday purchases.

Oy. No contest.

The Dream Eater is my favorite book of all time... but Insomnia; the very first King book I ever read will always be my favorite King book.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

Do you have a nickname?
My friends call me Krys, my students call me Mrs. T... I make pierogies and my husband pities the fool. ;)

Brice
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Greetings all, and thanks to wedealinlead for pointing the way...with his croocked finger! I'm new to posting, except over at Dan Simmons where I got banned once...do folks here ever get banned by the propriator?

It is very rare that any regular members are banned. It can happen, but generally it doesn't. On the rare occasions someone is banned the directors handle it...unless it's a spammer...I kill most of them these days. In fact I just got one now. :) We do not like to ban, really. It's a last resort...excepting those spammers.

Welcome everyone! :grouphug:

Merlin1958
05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome All!!!!

Be careful about being obnoxious regarding the Haven Fund raiser!!!! That can get you banned!!!! I recommend a "low key" approach to the subject!!! LOL LOL LOL J/K

"Inside" Joke. Ignore me!!! LOL

jhanic
05-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Don't worry, Bill

We ALWAYS ignore you.

John

Brice
05-22-2012, 03:54 AM
:lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've never ACTUALLY banned Bill. We might have talked about doing it...no more than a few thousand times....a day...every day... but never banned. :P

Ben Staad
05-22-2012, 04:24 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've never ACTUALLY banned Bill. We might have talked about doing it...no more than a few thousand times....a day...every day... but never banned. :P

LOL! I'm pretty sure that you can't ban "A Splendid One to Behold". I think it's written in the bi-laws somewhere between stating that all folks from Lettiland must read each and every post on the site and where it talks about how Jerome has the right to execute anyone that pisses him off. :)

Brice
05-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Uhhh...I missed that bit about Jerome executing people. Are you sure we want to have it in the welcome thread what REALLY happens to those we want to ban? :unsure:

Seriously though bans are almost unheard of around here.

Ben Staad
05-22-2012, 07:48 AM
LOL! I'm pretty sure that you can't ban "A Splendid One to Behold". I think it's written in the bi-laws somewhere between stating that all folks from Lettiland must read each and every post on the site and where it talks about how Jerome has the right to execute tickle anyone that pisses him off. :)

Uhhh...I missed that bit about Jerome executing tickling people. Are you sure we want to have it in the welcome thread what REALLY happens to those we want to ban? :unsure:

Seriously though bans are almost unheard of around here.

You are of course correct, Brice. I edited the previous messages...And to stay on topic.

Welcome to the forum everyone and feel free to actively participate in any conversation(s) that grab your attention.

Jean
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Seriously though bans are almost unheard of around here.Right. We do not ban. We bearmaul.

http://knmcreations.com/images/welcome-bear.jpg

Merlin1958
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Seriously though bans are almost unheard of around here.Right. We do not ban. We bearmaul.

http://knmcreations.com/images/welcome-bear.jpg

:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

Brice
05-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Well, yes the bears do have to eat. :)

Bad Penny
05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Nothing like a good old country bearing - I love this forum already :biggrin:

starnes_82
05-23-2012, 12:47 AM
i've been absent for almost a year now, but i'm back. i just picked up "the wind through the keyhole" sunday. my work schedule has been crazy so i haven't started on it yet., anyway nice to see everyone again.

starnes_82
05-23-2012, 12:49 AM
i have a quick question. do you guys do fan art, i mean accept fan art from members?

Brice
05-23-2012, 01:18 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?54-The-Art-Wall

Welcome back! :)

richie01
05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
already made a few posts but here goes...

only very recently, 2 yrs or so ago. i friend introduced me to the series and became hooked

need to think about that one...: )

The Great and Secret Show

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Leeds, England

do you have a nickname?

Richie

Brice
05-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Welcome! :D

Merlin1958
05-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome!!!

noal
05-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome richie01, a fellow Brit!

You won't find a more friendly forum on the internet!

Merlin1958
05-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Welcome richie01, a fellow Brit!

You won't find a more friendly forum on the internet!

You can say that again!!!

:lol1:

Brice
05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
That would mainly be because we go around recklessly and maliciously destroying any of them that even attempt to be as friendly as us. :unsure:

Merlin1958
05-26-2012, 05:47 PM
That would mainly be because we go around recklessly and maliciously destroying any of them that even attempt to be as friendly as us. :unsure:

Right!! Between the "Sicilian Mob", my NYC connections with the "Five Families" and "Doctor Dodge" we just go out and "Bollox" other fan sites!!!! LOL

Due to the rising costs for "Lime" we are accepting "donations"!!! LOL LOL LOL

Brice
05-26-2012, 05:53 PM

compton310
05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Well always been a fan of Mr King. I had to wait to purchased the complete saga before reading. Finally have it ALL. lol
Hands down! Roland, even thought every character is amazing have to love them all.
Has to be Wizard and Glass followed really close by Drawing of the three.
How old are you?
Im 25 years old. Love to read, but I'm a bad speller. english is my second language.
Where are you from?
Im originally from El Salvador central america, but live in Virginia now. But Compton California in my city.
do you have a nickname?
No nickname

stkmw02
05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome! I'm pretty new here also, but I can tell you it's a very welcoming and helpful group of people!

Cook
05-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Been about a month since I've welcomed any newcomers...
My apologies for being such a slacker.
Welcome to the site:

Desmond Toren
pooloftears
mattgreenbean
Bad Penny (BTW.. seriously nice collection)
stkmw02
richie01
compton310
Zone88, Welcome back
starnes_82, Welcome back

Don't forget to check out "Calvin's Corner in the Forum" & peruse the unbelievable amazing collections.

Merlin1958
05-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Welcome!!!

kirin
05-30-2012, 11:21 AM
welcome all new members and apologies to those on here who know me i havent been able to get on for some time

Jean
05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
at last!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2011/06/251571,xcitefun-welcome-back-2.gif

kirin
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
same here lifes been crazy new job new house new baby and now a fourth child on the way how you been jean ?

Merlin1958
05-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Welcome Back!!!!

:biggrin1:

Brice
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
welcome home :)

thegunslinger41
06-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Hey guys. Thought i'd go ahead and formally introduce myself. First of all, I am recently married to a gorgeous woman, and proud father of 2 boyz (a rat terrier, black/tan/white markings and looks like a pint sized german pinscher....and a fluffy sable sheltie). Currently, looking out the window and thanking the Lord Mexican Jesus that I already mowed and edged the lawn. It's already getting purdy unbearable here in hotter than hades Houston, Texas. The wife is out shopping so i was thinking today i'd spend some good hours playing Diablo III, the Demon Hunter character rocks! Will be nice once Autumm gets here and soccer/futbol starts up again.

I've always been a big reader since I grew up without a television. Bummer. I definitely like how SK allows ones imagination do alot of the work. So tired of novels and movies that are some dumbed down and simplified...get tired of cookie-cutter endings and crap. One of the best books i've read in the past few years if a book called SURVIVOR by CHUCK PALAHNUIK. It is a MUST-READ for you Dark Tower junkies!!!!!!!!!! A Must read!

Favorite stephen king book and characters are...
1) The gunsligner
2,3,4) Wizard and Glass, Eyes of the Dragon, The Talisman

Characters: Roland, Jack Sawyer...and the prince in eyes of the dragon.

As a young adult i spent most of my hot summer days at the library....ahhhh...Air Conditioning! Adult Fiction was still a little to mature for me but I managed to start reading John Saul.....then wandered over to Dean Koontz.......and well...Koontz, King....there were right there next to each other. King was definitely a harder read but it definitely had more substance and played well with my crazy ass imagination.

I've not met Mr. King yet but I really do want to meet him. I had a chance when he came to Dallas and when he was touring in Georgia, Lousianna....for 11/22/2963. Regardlesss, I have a full time job and just can't make those weekday trips. One of these days though I am going to have to call in sick for sure! My wife is already on board with waiting for HOURS in line if there is a book signing. Just thinking which book i'd have him sign. For sure THE GUNSLINGER....ugh..but there is also my copy of Carrie which I happened to stumble upon at a booksale and purchased for 50 Cents. OMG!!!! Currently i do have all of his books in hardcover,...all first editions. I really can't see myself having all of his limited/deluxes....just too much dinero involved...BUT! I do want to get my hands on a S/L dark tower series. Gotta make this purchase soon cause i'm sure the will be NO WAY IN HELL my wife would approve of this later...when we have kids, or when she needs a new car, or whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have purchased books from or sold SK books to some of the members on here. I have close to a 500+ rating on ebay.

Oh...i just thought of something else...HBO really needs to make a series based on Joe Hills HORNS book. The whole idea of someone out there that brings out the worst in someone is pretty compelling...throw in some nudity (as HBO is known for) and presto!

Ok...that's it for now folksies....this is one long ass post...and in conjuction with my hours of Diablo III playing, I am officially on the fastrack to carpal tunnel syndrome, yikes!

-Gabriel

PS Shannon! So jealous. I've enjoyed seeing all your pics of your acquisitions.

jhanic
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Welcome, Gabriel. I recognize you from The Collector's Forum!

John

Merlin1958
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the site, Gabriel!!!!! Visit regularly and post often!!!!!

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

thegunslinger41
06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Just so you guys know..i'm NOT that gabriel Diaz character that seems to be floating around.

Merlin1958
06-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Just so you guys know..i'm NOT that gabriel Diaz character that seems to be floating around.

OK

Brice
06-02-2012, 06:20 PM

I didn't think you were, though I'm glad that it's been addressed. Hopefully you stick around and don't take it badly, but at least a few members here got burned in transactions with that guy. Sad cause he was known to post on a couple DT boards for years.

Welcome to the site! Stay with us! :)

Garrell
06-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome Gab, Diablo III rox, btw:)

Ben Staad
06-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Big Welcome to the forum, Gabriel! I'm glad I now have someone else here who likes EOTD as much as me...I think we are in the minority.

carbinworld
06-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Hello all, I'm Steve, I thought I might as well introduce myself. I've only been a member a very short time here, however in that time I have received what I would consider invaluable help ascertaining the legitimacy of signatures on Ebay auctions. Prior to that I only owned one legitimate signature (S/L Insomnia purchased from Zeising years ago.) I'm hoping to find some signed Trade Editions, as S/L's are kinda out-of-my budget right now, particularly looking to obtain FDNS :)

Ben Staad
06-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Welcome Steve! There are a number of flatsigned SK signature experts on this site who are all very humble and helpful. Good luck with your search.

Brice
06-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome Steve! Ben is right, of course! We have probably the best group of SK sig experts* anywhere.

*I am not one of them. If I say a sig is real;it's fake...and vice versa. LOL

carbinworld
06-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks guys (and Brice, I'll keep that in mind :) )

Merlin1958
06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Hello all, I'm Steve, I thought I might as well introduce myself. I've only been a member a very short time here, however in that time I have received what I would consider invaluable help ascertaining the legitimacy of signatures on Ebay auctions. Prior to that I only owned one legitimate signature (S/L Insomnia purchased from Zeising years ago.) I'm hoping to find some signed Trade Editions, as S/L's are kinda out-of-my budget right now, particularly looking to obtain FDNS :)

Welcome!!! You're just in time to get all pumped up for next year's Haven Fund Raiser!!!!! We need to beat the $11,000.00 we raised this year!!!! :clap:

Matt
06-08-2012, 07:45 AM
That is amazing amount of money for a good cause. I am so proud of the community here...I think helping this way really matters.

Luis
06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Here I Am, i would blow a horn if i had remembered to pick one...
I can't remember how i came across the dark tower and roland's ka-tet, guess that it was Ka -digo gracias-, but now after a ten-hour run of reading and having followed him, the one that reached the upper floor of the Tower, in his journey and back again -f*** you Stephen "Here time only flows in one direction" King-, i'm proud to admit: I'M A TOWER JUNKIE
And here i am, looking for another colocón. Maybe I can find it here, found the page in Dark Tower site.

I just turned 18 here in Argentina, and the The Dark Tower final episode was one of the best presents I could wish for, especially cause the importations of the book were stopped and it was an arduos job getting it.

Lobos of the Calla I think is my favourite book, the ka-tet was strong and all begins to end in the last pages, ¿o el final comienza?. Childe Roland will always be my favourite character.

I hope that you will welcome me, in spite of my slow english and the practice of writing a word or two also in spanish. Some of the notas del traductor -translater's note- in my copies of the books tells me that sai King does it to.

I can't wait to start again -the man in black is fleeing again and our beloved gunslinger follows him through the desert once more.

Edit: I'm getting all goosebumps as I feel the strongest sense of dejá vu while writing this presentation.

Brice
06-11-2012, 12:11 AM
It's great to have you join us, Luis! Welcome! :D

Hbgunslinger
06-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the site Luis

Jean
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Lobos of the Calla I think is my favourite book
YES!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeWolf.jpg

zerodinh
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
It's a long story, but, at the end of the 80's I had stopped reading Sci Fi and started reading horror, well at least one horror writer in peticular, that's right Clive Barker. After going through everything he had and wanting more someone asked me, "why don't you read Steven King?" to which I answered,"I've already seen all his movies." Well regardless I started reading King and was hooked. I traded in all my sci fi books at the local used book store and got everything they had by Steven King including 3 books (well 4 including Eyes of the Dragon) about a Tower. But those books would sit for a while yet. I had to know all about Castle Rock and Derry. Then one day in 1996, I was working Grave Yard and needed a book to read, so I went to my Steven King collection and picked up The Gunslinger and remembered back to when I had just read a few King books (Night Shift and The Stand) and someone had said to me "You should read the Dark Tower books." He seemed to really be into this gothic western. He praised it like it was the "BEST SH@# EVER"! but he I wasn't sold, didn't sound like something I would like. But now I had read alot of King and I felt his sh@# was the best and since I had been wrong about King's work in the first place I could be wrong about this western I was for some reason staying away from. Well I had to read it sooner or later, so I read it, and at first I was still unsure of how I felt, almost wanted to stop and start something eles, but i stayes with it and was through it prety quick, and as with most i'm guessing, the end blew my mind and I had to have more, luckily I had the Drawing of Three (still my favorite) and then Wastelands... I went through all 3 so quick I didn't know what to do... luckily the next year Wizard and Glass came out. And I've been a Tower Junkie ever since.
This is hard, early on I would have said Roland, but then it became Eddie. although at the moment maybe just because it is still fresh I really like Tim from WTTK.
Drawing of Three, but as since it is all one story it is hard not to consider the whole thing my favorite.
How old are you?
old
Where are you from?
Cali originaly but Vegas has been home for awhile
do you have a nickname?
um... zero

Brice
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
welcome! :)

Ben Staad
06-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the site zero!

Merlin1958
06-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Welcome!!! :rock:

stkmw02
06-14-2012, 02:04 PM

pipal7
06-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I am a man who has been to The Tower and back. I have gazed into the center of The Rose and beheld the many worlds that exist both alongside and within our very own. Of those worlds I have traveled to several.

I have been to Mid-World, ridden and fought alongside Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven. I have faced off against both demons and monsters alike, and lived to tell the tales. I have faced my greatest fears and stared down The Grim Reaper, leaving him to tend to the dead. I have seen The Prim. I have been to both The Great Clearing and The Void and managed to return. I have seen The Great Tree of Knowledge and have spoken with Gan. What I learned there pushed me to the brink of madness and, yet, I still maintain most of my sanity.

I have danced to The Song of the Thinnies, I have danced to The Ves-ka Gan, I have danced The Commala, I have sung The Skin-Man's Song.

I have seen the horrors of Todash, first hand, and became lost in that dark place. Wandering in the vast emptiness for what seemed like an eternity. Until I was saved by a bright, shining light from the heart of another, on the outside of that cruel place.

I have lived several lives before this one, and have had dinah more lovers than that. I was once called Eddie Dean. Before that, Cuthbert Allgood, and much longer ago than that, Arthur Eld. I am now known, to some, as Joseph Pipal of Wolf Point, son of Lee. Prisoner to none.

I have found The Path of The Beam and follow it still, for ten long years I have.

Of ka-tets I've been many, of these ka-tets I have been Dihn to a few... Of all of these ka-tets... They have all ended in ka-shume...

I have achieved the seventh level khef-adept status and I go by many names. If you listen closely you can hear the wind spread tales of the deeds, both good and bad, of those monikers. Some call me a savior, others call me the harbinger of doom... Most, however, call me Kas-ka Gan, and leave me to roam.

Once, a lifetime ago and for several years, I had forgotten the face of my father. Now I remember, not only, the face of my father, but also that of my own.

My body exists in this "physical realm", this "shroud" that we all like to call "Reality", but where you all see in three dimensions, I see in five. I see the pattern of The Universe or, Multiverse, rather.

I told the tale of "The Dark Tower" before I had even heard of this "Stephen King" sai.

In one of these world's that I traversed that great series of novels was written by a man named Esteban Yeoman. One of my many sobriquets through out my journeys.
Of course I've shed blood, but never in vain. I can see the forces that surround us, some of which are causing the pain. The Pain of the Multiverse, the pain that strikes right down to the heart of our very own Earth. I speak of the dark forces, the minions of The Prim, soldiers of The Void. These beings must be stopped, balance must be restored to end the suffering of The Multiverse, the suffering that exists within each of us. For, you see, we are all, each and every one of us a multiverse ourselves.

Although I have called out that epic rallying cry, "Gunslingers to me!" hundreds of thousands of times in my quests and have often been called such... A Gunslinger, I am not... However, my mission be all the same.

Though the heart of a Gunslinger beats in this chest I have not been trained as such, the training I’ve received is slightly different... I’m what you’d call a Demonslaer, or Slayer of Demons in your tongue.

My weapons are not that of powder and lead, or the loud, thundering crash of a bullet breaking the thread, but my wits and my bah, and my bow and my blade, and the acoustic guitar that I carry with me when I go on my way. For I have also been trained in the art of The Rhythm Keepers, guardians and keepers of The Rhythm of The Multiverse...

Hear me well fellow travelers and constant readers alike, music is mathematics and mathematics is music. I have played The Song of Chassit, or nine-teen as you might call it, and created a magical spell so powerful that I slain The Ethereal Serpentine of the Eighth Dimension, without so much as a single shot of my bah.

There is magic, as well as power, in numbers, just as there is magic and power in music. Read carefully, for this must not be taken lightly. Music makes magic, yet music is born from magic. When you truly understand that and kennit just exactly how it works, then you are ready for the next step. For you see, music and mathematics go hand in hand and are both considered “The Language of the Universe” they are both things that can always be understood and made sense of, no matter what, and they both follow the pattern of The Multiverse.

Although The Multiverse is made up of delah universes, they are all still part of one single being, they are all connected, just like we are all connected on some higher level of being... Do ya kennit?

Now that you know a little, very little mind you, about me and my travels through space and time, and now that you know a little of my exploits and adventures, and now that you know that a Gunslinger I am not, but a Demonslaer I be... Tell me, be ye ka-me or ka-mai, and tell me who you are, where you have been, what you have done, battles fought, battles lost, fallen ka-mates, ka-mates that have stuck around through two or maybe several different ka-tets alongside you, or maybe a ka-tet that’s been to hell and back and has never felt that dreadful sting of ka-shume...

However, most importantly, answer me this, “Do ye fight for The White, for Gan and The Devine Being, for The Rose and The Tower? Or be ye one of The Good Man, Farson’s, men and fight for The Crimson King, for the destruction of The Tower and The Rose? Be ye a minion of The Prim, a soldier of The Void, a seeker of... Discordia?”
Think carefully, palaver over my story and my questions for a spell if need be... But, I will tell you this, chose your answer wisely, for you never know where one of us will be.

Now, to the conclusion I have come, and I promise I won’t keep you long. Not all forces be evil, not all worlds be dying. Some are there helping, others still thriving. We live in a world filled with conflict and pain, but there is a way out that we can attain. Stand up for what’s right, for what your heart knows to be good, never let them cut you down like fresh firewood. If we all ban together a mighty force we could be, but many’ve been blinded by the lies of this reality. For, the evil forces, hear me, know what would happen if the truth we all see, they’d know that we could not be stopped, that they’d be too weak, and the power in numbers of which I did speak. If we all could come together in peace and harmony, and love one another, the way it should be. The numbers we’d make, the music we’d create, we would become one giant ka-tet, all sharing one destiny, to overcome all of our differences set forth by powers that be. We would become the most powerful magic that there would ever be, we all, together as one, could lift the shroud and finally see the true reality. We could stop the corruption that plagues everything even that which we cannot see, balance would be restored to all that’s ever been, hear me well, “GUNSLINGERS TO ME!!!”

Alas, until that day comes, remember these words keep them close to you, never forget what you know to be true. Never forget the face of your father, but always remember your brothers’, sisters’, and mother’s, of your sons’ and of your daughters’. Remember those who were close to you, but more importantly, “To thine own self be true.” And with these words I shall end my tale of demons and magic, of battles and of sipping graf cider ale. The Gunslinger Litany, when spoke true and proud turns into a spell, fit for the crown. It fills you with the fiery valor of the line of the Eld, of Arthur who forged those guns of his own blade he did meld the steel and iron and sandalwood grips, these be the guns that, to this very day, still hang, from Roland’s hips.

Hear me well, fellow traveler’s and constant readers alike, and never forget!

The Gunslinger Litany:

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Side note: If you've made it this far, I would just like to tell you how I "discovered" The Dark Tower Series, in as few words as possible... This'll be difficult and you might think I'm making this up, but every word of it is TRUE...
Back in '03-'04 I was telling a friend of mine about a story, either novel or movie, idea that I'd had for as long as I can remember about a post apocalyptic world, much like Mid-World, with sort of a western motif along with some sci-fi/fantasy thrown in. In this world guns did not exist, for the most part that is. Only a few chosen and trained people were allowed to carry guns and, get this, were called Gunslinger's, they were basically just like the Gunslinger's of Mid-World, Knight's in other words. In this story the world was called Evermore it had also "moved on" and there were other worlds that existed along side it, because I also had the same idea that The Man in Black explains to Roland when they palaver at the end of The Gunslinger: Our universe works the same way that atoms and molecules work, and maybe our universe exists alongside countless others and is just a building block to something bigger, later I learned about Quantum Theory. In my story there were also ways of traveling between these worlds, one of which was with the help of psychedelic plants and mushrooms, also doorways, certain caverns, magic spell, etc. My hero's name was Atticus Whitecloud, son of William, he too was on a quest to the "Tower", although it wasn't a tower in my story, it was a living being. I never really decided what it was exactly, I always thought a wolf, or maybe even a shape-shifter. Anyway, after I had told my friend this idea that I had he asked, "Have you ever heard of 'The Dark Tower Series'?" at the time I never had so I said, "No. What's that?" to which he replied, "It's basically exactly what you were just telling me. It's a series of books by Stephen King, you should check it out." The next day I went to the high school library and picked up a copy of The Gunslinger and was hooked instantly. Another crazy thing, with all honesty, as soon as I started reading it I knew how the series was going to end. That's how I discovered The Dark Tower Series, I'll set my watch and warrant on it.

Brice
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
welcome

stkmw02
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Welcome!

Merlin1958
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Umm Welcome!!!

XerxesRex
06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Hail Gunslingers!

I go by the handle Xerxes Rex. My discovery of the series dates back to 1989 in the book section of Wal-Mart. I purchased two things that day; A gold disc compact disc of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. What can I say, it was an epic day. For years I've amused myself conversing with fellow enthusiasts in as much High Speech as I can muster.

Recently I started playing a game on my phone called High Noon, and joined a related board after a long hiatus from board activities. Like anywhere I found fellow Dark Tower Junkies and struck up a conversation which lead to the birth of the High Noon Clan Ka-Tet, a revolver and reloader only organization.

I've yet to re-immerse in The Wind Through the Keyhole so forgive me if I stay away from those threads. It's good to be here and I look forward to seeing what the forums have to offer.

http://www.hammerfold.com/HN/ktsig.png (https://forums.happylatte.com/threads/%D2%9C%C3%A5-%C5%A7%C3%A9%C8%9B%E2%87%84-clan-recruitment.3051/)

XerxesRex
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
I Stumbled across Book 1 in 1989 at Wal-Mart. I bought it and a Gold Edition CD of Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon. It was an epic day.

Roland Deschain for his honor and single-mindedness, but more for his last vestige representation of a better time, long passed.

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
South Carolina

Do you have a nickname?
XerxesRex

Thinking King was going to die from that van incident prior to finishing it was the second most agonizing literary related moment in my life. Only surpassed by the passing of Robert Jordan, before the completion of his Wheel of Time series.

stkmw02
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Welcome!!

I too recall the agony of King's accident, and now I realize how young I was then! I recently had a "literary" depression as a result of the passing of Maurice Sendak and Ray Bradbury.

Brice
06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
All of those are the ones that have affected me the most too, Krystle. If King's time comes before my own I'll take days off work because of it.

Welcome XerxesRex! :)

Merlin1958
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
What happened to "Pipal7"???

XerxesRex
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Welcome!!

I too recall the agony of King's accident, and now I realize how young I was then! I recently had a "literary" depression as a result of the passing of Maurice Sendak and Ray Bradbury.

Well met Sai stkmw02!

XerxesRex
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
All of those are the ones that have affected me the most too, Krystle. If King's time comes before my own I'll take days off work because of it.

Welcome XerxesRex! :)

Well met Sai Brice.

stkmw02
06-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I guess we're not hardcore enough for Pip... or perhaps he's lurking?

Brice
06-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes, we have many lurkers around here.

Indeed we are well met Xerxes.

Jean
06-22-2012, 03:54 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_bear_1.gif

XerxesRex
06-23-2012, 08:34 PM

Well met Jean!

mrneg
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I purchased a few SK paperbacks, in the late 80's, The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three were among them.

Oy, funny and lovable like the family dog with a don't mess with me or mine attitude.

It has been a while since I read the first four, I would have to say "Wind through the Keyhole". It was the reason why I finished the series.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Northern California

Do you have a nickname?

No

Ben Staad
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Welcome mrneg!

Merlin1958
06-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome!!!

stkmw02
06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Welcome!!

jasonh
06-26-2012, 09:56 AM

I read the Gunslinger in the early 90's, but at the time didn't follow-up with the other books in the series - the ones that were available at that time! Then about three years ago I picked up a copy of The Eyes Of The Dragon in a secondhand shop, and reading it re-kindled my interest in the DT. It prompted me to read the Gunslinger again - revised version this time - and since then I've moved through the rest of the books. This included an 18 month "break" at the start of "Song of Susannah", which took me a long time to get into. I nearly gave up on the whole series, but was glad when it picked up.

I'm now stand about 20 pages from the end of book 7, which I am planning to finish it tonight!

Roland (obvious I know), or Flagg (in his various guises).

The Wastelands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Kent - England

Do you have a nickname?

No

Ben Staad
06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the site jasonh!

Jean
06-26-2012, 10:14 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearBt.jpg

.44SLINGER
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
My brother was reading the dark tower a few years ago and i had always found it interesting. he would always tell me what he had read that
day. About two months ago i read the gunslinger born comic book and was hooked from there and im a couple hundred pages into the
wastelands now. At work its pretty much all im thinking about.
My favorite character is Roland due to being a tower junkie, he reminds me of the man with no name and only has one objective.
I dont know my favorite book yet ;(
Im 21 years old
Born in Bakersfield, ca
Living in Morro Bay, ca
the only nickname i've ever held onto is marcus welby MD

fernandito
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Welcome, one and all !

stkmw02
06-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome!!

Merlin1958
06-26-2012, 04:24 PM
WELCOME ALL!!!!!

Merlin1958
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
WELCOME ALL!!!!!

Ditto, This is a test!!

Brice
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM
:unsure: A test of what?

Merlin1958
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM
:unsure: A test of what?

Just kidding!!! Damn, "Boston" person!!! You didn't pass!!! LOL

:YYY:

Cook
07-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Welcome to:
Carbinworld, jasonh & .44SLINGER

This site is really great, please stay awhile
Make sure to get to Calvin's Corner via the forum.

Geert Coolen
07-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Everybody,

After just have discovered this wonderful site I had to become a community member. Now it is time for my introduction:

HOW DUD YOU DISCOVER THE DARK TOWER? A few years ago a friend of mine give me a copy of The Gunslinger the rest started from there.

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER? Like many that has to be Roland

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? WIZARD & Glass

HOW OLD ARE YOU? I am 36 years old

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? I am from a town called Amstelveen in the The Netherlands (close to Amsterdam)

DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME? Nope

Jean
07-08-2012, 11:18 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

stkmw02
07-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Welcome, Geert!!

eeZee
07-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi! I'm Eddie Z. I'm looking at three books from The Dark Tower right now but I haven't started reading them. They were given to me because I told someone I wanted to write a book that apparently would have ended up being a total rip-off of DT. Stranger circumstances, still, have brought me here today.

So, hi.

Ben Staad
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi! I'm Eddie Z. I'm looking at three books from The Dark Tower right now but I haven't started reading them. They were given to me because I told someone I wanted to write a book that apparently would have ended up being a total rip-off of DT. Stranger circumstances, still, have brought me here today.

So, hi.

Hello and welcome!

Robert Fulman
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

So, hi.
That books sounds like it would be totally awesome.

stkmw02
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome, eeZee!! Another new member, Pip I think it was, also almost wrote the Dark Tower before reading it. Strange circumstances, indeed!

Merlin1958
07-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Welcome all new Members!!!

eeZee
07-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks guys! The salutations here are much less tits-or-gtfo-ish than I'm used to on internet forums so this will take some adjustment. :)

Brice
07-09-2012, 05:17 AM
The salutations here are much less tits-or-gtfo-ish than I'm used to

Sorry to disappoint. :(

:P

Welcome!

stkmw02
07-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks guys! The salutations here are much less tits-or-gtfo-ish than I'm used to on internet forums so this will take some adjustment. :)

Give it time. :lol:

Brice
07-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Nah, we hardly ever tell anyone to gtfo. :nope:

Jean
07-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Nah, we hardly ever tell anyone to gtfo. :nope:this is the main reason why we're both tolerated here, Brice...

Merlin1958
07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Nah, we hardly ever tell anyone to gtfo. :nope:this is the main reason why we're both tolerated here, Brice...

Well that, and the freaking "cutesy" pics of "Bears"!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Also, "Jean" is a really cool guy, but "Brice" seems cool and all, but is "Sicilian" so keep an eye on that guy!! And over your shoulder as well!!!! LOL LOL

Brice
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
It's not me you wanna' keep your eye on. :)

Those long distance phone calls up north, maybe...but, not me.

Besides I'm only half Sicilian. The other half is Irish mostly.

XerxesRex
07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Welcome All!

Merlin1958
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome All!

Says the guy with 23 posts!!! LOL Just Kidding, dude!!!! This is a rough crowd!! LOL LOL LOL

stkmw02
07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Don't judge just cause you passed the 8,000 mark... you're still a "newbie" compared to Brice's 20,000. :lol:

fernandito
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
8,000 posts? That's adorable :P

Merlin1958
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM

LOL Touche'!!! Somehow I feel older!!! LOL

I was "Director for a day" though!!! LOL LOL LOL

And the world somehow did not end!!! LOL

Brice
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM

!2,000 is pretty cute too. :P

Library Girl: Almost everyone is. :rofl:

Crazier still; I've had absences of several months duration.

Lauterer
07-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi all from Germany! Till today i have been reading this forum since April this year, but now i get louder. Usually i spend my money to silver and gold coins and collect several countries. So i already was a collector since years and know about several techniques of collecting and also the psychological problems.
Inspired by stockerlone from the german SK-forum i started my book-collector-carrier this year. Its a very wide and awsome expensive field indeed and i concentrate to spend my little money to SK-books of course and to Joe Hill... My first "big caught" was the signed TWTTK-UK-version.

I hope i can learn a lot of things from this forum! Thanks all!

jhanic
07-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Welcome Lauterer and post often!

John

Brice
07-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Welcome lauterer! :)

Look for Calvin's Corner for the collectable section of this site.

BigSchu22
07-11-2012, 06:08 AM
It's not me you wanna' keep your eye on. :)

Those long distance phone calls up north, maybe...but, not me.

Besides I'm only half Sicilian. The other half is Irish mostly.

Hey, I'm 1/4 Sicilian and a bit of Irish as well. ;) Who isn't a little Irish in the US though?

stkmw02
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Welcome, Lauterer!!

Merlin1958
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Welcome all!!!

IWasSentWest
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
hello all...it's been a while....figured i'd reintroduce myself for those who don't remember me, since it's been damn near 2-3 years.

i am westie, and i am an alcoholic

....wait, wrong group talk. hehe

Randall Flagg
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Welcome back. Good to hear from you.

stkmw02
07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Nice to meet you!

IWasSentWest
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
i'm from the old guard. all these new faces! i must re-establish myself

Merlin1958
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM

I remember you. buddy. buddy!! Welcome back!!!

Jean
07-13-2012, 01:47 AM
hello all...it's been a while....figured i'd reintroduce myself for those who don't remember me, since it's been damn near 2-3 years.

i am westie, and i am an alcoholic

....wait, wrong group talk. hehe

SentWest is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif

Brice
07-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Welcome home!

Ben Staad
07-13-2012, 04:25 AM

Don't look to hard at my face...you may go blind!!! Welcome back to the forum. :redface1:

fernandito
07-13-2012, 07:05 AM

I knew you'd come crawling back :P

Good to have you back man !

IWasSentWest
07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Loving the warm welcome guys/gals

LeChuck
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Hello, I'm new.

I'm 23 and from London.

I finished the DT books last Monday. I loved/hated every minute of it. And this brought me to this wonderful little forum.

skyofcrack
07-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello, I'm new.

I'm 23 and from London.

I finished the DT books last Monday. I loved/hated every minute of it. And this brought me to this wonderful little forum.

Welcome! I envy you as I have yet to finish the DT series. I stopped on 4 a long time ago and haven't read much since. Life got in the way, you know.

Enjoy and have fun here!

Merlin1958
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Welcome!!!

stkmw02
07-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome, LeChuck!

kirin
07-17-2012, 02:11 PM
WELCOME !!!

Jean
07-17-2012, 09:21 PM
WELCOME !!!welcome yourself

I don't see you often these days. Hope you'll stay longer this time.

Captain Hollister
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi all!

Been hiding in the shadows for a few weeks so thought it time to overcome my technophobia and introduce myself.

Back in the late nineties I was working my way through Kings works when I came across The Gunslinger, I must have read DTI-IV 4 or 5 times before the series was completed.

Eddie or Roland

The Drawing Of The Three closely followed by Wizard And Glass and The Waste Lands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Suffolk in the UK

Do you have a nickname?

No imaginative ones just Dan or Danny.

stkmw02
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Welcome, Dan!!

Brice
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Roast
07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Long days and pleasant nights, ye gunslingers of olde!
It's beautiful to be back - for those who might remember/ are bonded by facebook ties, there was a time that I scoured these boards as AlishaRiley - for those who don't, I'll begin at the beginning and introduce myself. :smile_002:

I'd treated my peepers to Pet Semetary as a wee lassie, then discovered Carrie, The Shining and It - some years later (the tender age of 18, if my memory serves me well) I was given WOTC as a gift. I'd heard, vaguely of TDT through a band that I was pretty much in love with at the time, whose concepts had been hugely inspired by the series (Coheed and Cambria, they be), but had never gotten around to delving deeply enough to investigate it any further than that. So...I received Wolves, out of the blue, and began my little adventure from the awkward stage of 5 books in...which was...silly, but patience wasn't a virtue I was well acquainted with back then. :rolleyes2: I fell in love, of course, and decided to do a U-turn and gobble up the series from the beginning; desperately trying to erase my memory to avoid spoilers (which rarely works, although illusion is a grand thing. Indeed). And...yes...that was that. Hooked. Lined. Sunk. Living in Mid-World from thenceforth.

Who is your favourite character?
Arg. The dreaded question. For a long time, I'd have said Eddie; although if I can jumble up the question slightly, and personify the relationship between Roland and Jake...I'd like to do do that. I also had a real thing for Rhea. Creepy old hags just seem to do it for me.

What is your favourite book?
Emotionally speaking, the tie that I feel with Wolves is strongest; although for pure literary pleasure it'd have to be The Drawing of the Three. The digestion of that was...special.

How old are you?
(That was easy.)

Where are you from?
Liverpool, England, etc.

Do you have a nickname?
Yar. Roast, Lili, various abbreviations of Alisha, anything else that seems momentarily fitting.

And...that's that.
Nice to meet you. :)

stkmw02
07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Welcome back, and nice to meet you!!

unclelouie
07-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello, all.. I am new here. So I guess Ill just get to the questions....

A friend of mine gave me a copy of the Gunslinger a while back. Said "it sucked". I thought the cover looked cool, so I took it and gave it a try. This friend wasn't a SK fan, really.. but I was... have been since the early 90s. I might well have been the only kid in my 6th grade class who owned "The Bachman Books"...

Bear in mind, I have only read the first 3 books (Gunslinger, Drawing, and Wastelands). But so far, I'd say Eddie Dean is the most entertaining. He's such a wise ass, and his random comments make me chuckle when I read them. He is such a great foil to Roland's character. His replies to Roland's comments and his interactions with Mid World denizens are priceless at times. I also like Oy. Don't ask me why, but I think Oy is awesome... I can just picture him growling, "Ake".

So far, I'd say the Wastelands. I loved the Drawing of Three. Gunslinger was kinda slow (but highly necessary to set the stage for the story). I love our ka-tet of Roland, Jake, Eddie, Suze, and Oy. How old are you?

Where are you from?
The South

do you have a nickname?
Nope.

Oh, and somehow the age question didn't paste.... Im in my mid.... 30s....

stkmw02
07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
welcome, unclelouie!

Merlin1958
07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome!!!

Brice
07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Welcome unclelouie!

And Alisha, welcome home! :excited: :excited: :excited:

:huglove:

Jean
07-21-2012, 03:46 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welmoose-bear-lg.jpg

unclelouie
07-22-2012, 09:39 AM
So I recently just finished The Waste Lands, and am now waiting on my copy of Wizard and Glass to arrive from Amazon (ordered it last week). It's probably going to arrive in a couple of days, but I am going mad here with suspense.

I know many read the books as they were released, and had wait many years to complete the story. I don't know how you managed it!

Hmmm, actually, Im not sure why I waited til my mid 30s to finally read the DT series... I've been reading SK since the early 90s. Oh well.. better late than never.

Bethany
07-22-2012, 09:50 AM
We waited. And, at least us old timers, we hung out on the original tdt.net and speculated about what would happened and forged life long friendships with like minded people all over the world. :D

Bev Vincent
07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Hell, there wasn't even a real internet back in my day. The best we had (and, at it's best, it was very good), was alt.books.stephen-king on USENET -- but even then, many of us had been waiting for installments for a decade or more.

jhanic
07-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I almost threw my copy of The Waste Lands against the wall when it ended as it did. I was really frustrated! The wait for Wizard and Glass seemed endless.

John

pathoftheturtle
07-22-2012, 10:28 AM
I just put it out of mind my and didn't think about it... more than once or twice each and every week. :(

RainInSpain
07-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I pretended to forget about the DT books and go on with life as usual. Alas, it worked only once: between books 1 and 2.

Oh, and I had "twice the fun" waiting: first I had to wait for books to be written and published, and then on top of that to find someone to bring me a copy across (sometimes multiple) border(s).

Jean
07-22-2012, 11:30 AM
I almost threw my copy of The Waste Lands against the wall when it ended as it did. I was really frustrated! The wait for Wizard and Glass seemed endless.

John

I just put it out of mind my and didn't think about it... more than once or twice each and every week. :(

Oh, and I had "twice the fun" waiting: first I had to wait for books to be written and published, and then on top of that to find someone to bring me a copy across (sometimes multiple) border(s).

all of the above

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I just waited until the next one was released, read the previous one(s) again and then the new one. I did that up until WOTC (which I disliked very much, OK, I hated it), and after that just read them as they were released, hating all the rest of them.

skyofcrack
07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I love a good cliffhanger ending. Didn't bother me a bit. Just made me want to read it again.

Randall Flagg
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
BTW, this thread will be merged shortly.

Brice
07-22-2012, 05:15 PM
I pretended that all the stuff that wasn't as awesome as the DT series (nearly everything) was distracting me; it wasn't. The waits fuckin' killed me.

Merlin1958
07-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Hell, there wasn't even a real internet back in my day. The best we had (and, at it's best, it was very good), was alt.books.stephen-king on USENET -- but even then, many of us had been waiting for installments for a decade or more.

I hear ya, Bev!!!! I started the series in like 1983. One thing that did help was identifying DT related material before he started indicating and then well after he indicated it, it was easier to choose what to read first, as I recall!!!

Brice
07-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Oh, I liked not knowing what was DT related and running across surprises. :)

Merlin1958
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
BTW, this thread will be merged shortly.

"Der Uber-Fuhrer" has spoken!!! LOL Hile "Uber-Fuhrer"

Let's all "Goose-step" onto the next thread!!!! Mach Schnell!!!!

Ve Haf Vays uf dealing vif Defectors!!!

:emot-flame:

Much as the A's did to the Yanks these last 4 games!!!! :(

Ricky
07-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Hile Bender!

RegularGuy
07-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Hello Fellow Fans,

How Did you discover the dark tower?
I was introduced to the dark tower series by a high school acquaintance, but never really payed to much into it, it wasn't until a few years later a good friend of mine suggested it to me and i gave it another try. I'm currently in the process of finishing it and enjoying every minute of it.

I would definitely have to say I mostly enjoy listen to Callihian, (though my spelling is not one of my strong points) I love hearing his back story and the banter between him and fellow characters amusing me.

Well i just recently got into reading, I was never much one to stay intrigued into a book growing up so my list of books that i've read is pretty short but growing. that in mind, i would say The tailsmen so far has been my favorite read.

How Old are you? And where are you from?
I'm currently 28 years old, and from Massachusetts.

Do you have a nickname?
In high school people called me by my last name, but i don't consider that a nickname, or rather a creative one to say the least.

Brice
07-24-2012, 08:38 AM

stkmw02
07-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome, RegularGuy!

Merlin1958
07-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Welcome, Regularguy!!!!

As a "Old School" kinda guy guy, I would say anytime you "get into reading" is a good time!!! Welcome to the club!!!!

Reading is FUN-damental!!!

DoctorDodge
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Long days and pleasant nights, ye gunslingers of olde!
It's beautiful to be back - for those who might remember/ are bonded by facebook ties, there was a time that I scoured these boards as AlishaRiley - for those who don't, I'll begin at the beginning and introduce myself. :smile_002:

I'd treated my peepers to Pet Semetary as a wee lassie, then discovered Carrie, The Shining and It - some years later (the tender age of 18, if my memory serves me well) I was given WOTC as a gift. I'd heard, vaguely of TDT through a band that I was pretty much in love with at the time, whose concepts had been hugely inspired by the series (Coheed and Cambria, they be), but had never gotten around to delving deeply enough to investigate it any further than that. So...I received Wolves, out of the blue, and began my little adventure from the awkward stage of 5 books in...which was...silly, but patience wasn't a virtue I was well acquainted with back then. :rolleyes2: I fell in love, of course, and decided to do a U-turn and gobble up the series from the beginning; desperately trying to erase my memory to avoid spoilers (which rarely works, although illusion is a grand thing. Indeed). And...yes...that was that. Hooked. Lined. Sunk. Living in Mid-World from thenceforth.

Who is your favourite character?
Arg. The dreaded question. For a long time, I'd have said Eddie; although if I can jumble up the question slightly, and personify the relationship between Roland and Jake...I'd like to do do that. I also had a real thing for Rhea. Creepy old hags just seem to do it for me.

What is your favourite book?
Emotionally speaking, the tie that I feel with Wolves is strongest; although for pure literary pleasure it'd have to be The Drawing of the Three. The digestion of that was...special.

How old are you?
(That was easy.)

Where are you from?
Liverpool, England, etc.

Do you have a nickname?
Yar. Roast, Lili, various abbreviations of Alisha, anything else that seems momentarily fitting.

And...that's that.
Nice to meet you. :)

Ok, I missed this earlier, but I just needed to say WELCOME BACK ALISHA! Been far too long since you were last here, my Liverpudlian friend! :D

And welcome everyone else, too!

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Hello Fellow Fans,

How did you discover the dark tower?
I read the Plume paperback when it first came out. I guess I was fifteen or so? I had read Tommyknockers, The Long Walk (my favorite short King piece) and The Stand (my favorite single long book).

Oh Jake for sure. He's the kid I identify with the most. I was like him, it seems sometimes, when I was growing up. Now, even, it's like he's searching for a father, searching for himself. A kid almost literally between life and death, childhood and adulthood, etc.

Oh boy. Of The Dark Tower it's a tie between Gunslinger (the original version!!) and The Drawing of The Three.

How old are you? And where are you from?
I'm 38 and I'm from Connecticut originally.

Do you have a nickname?
Nope. My students call me Mr. -- or my first name. If I had a nickname though, it would be something like Doctor Amazing and his Incredible Band of Empire Strikes Back Devotees?

NB I introduced myself in another thread but I thought I'd come here to cover my bases! Everyone seems just great on these forums! Thanks for having a new member!

Randall Flagg
07-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome aboard. Have fun and if you need assistance, please ask.

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I never thought I would say this, but Thanks Randall Flagg! :)

Randall Flagg
07-29-2012, 02:48 PM
I never thought I would say this, but Thanks Randall Flagg! :)
We are kindred spirits....

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 03:01 PM
GahhhhN I just got a shudderin'!

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Thanks Merlin! I'm originally from Connecticut. Converted Yankees to STL fan - but only because my students would beat me up otherwise.

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Thanks Merlin! I'm originally from Connecticut. Converted Yankees to STL fan - but only because my students would beat me up otherwise.

Buy a Taser and come back to the "Evil Empire"!!! LOL LOL

stkmw02
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome, jack!

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! I don't think a Taser is going to be enough!!

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome, jack!

Thanks stkmw02!! Or do I call you library girl?? I'm loving this site so far!!

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a shitload of Mace and a really big stick?

:shoot:

So, what subject do you teach?

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...that'd have to be a big Twinkie...

Movie quote guess?

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie quote guess?

"Ghostbuster's" of course!!!

Brice
07-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Jack Mort has joined forces with Randall Flagg! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Well, apparently one of our "Baseball Challenged Fandom" Mod's has seen the error of his/her ways and re-opened this thread!!!!

If only everyone could be a Yankee fan!!!! The world would make far more sense!!! LOL LOL

:clap::clap::clap:

Brice
07-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, I closed it due to Yankees discussion. :P

Or I fucked up. LOL

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 04:48 PM

Or I fucked up. LOL

LOL LOL Well, I can almost see your point in that BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!! LOL LOL

Brice
07-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Or I fucked up. LOL

The proper bribe would almost certainly convince Jerome to "fix" your AV to your last one. :P

Merlin1958
07-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Or I fucked up. LOL

The proper bribe would almost certainly convince Jerome to "fix" your AV to your last one. :P

OK, I concede!!!! Damn you, Brice!!! LOL LOL

Brice
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
LOL

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 08:52 PM

Or have we always been in league with one another...? Damn...what's the emoticon for I'm Satan? :)

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie quote guess?

"Ghostbuster's" of course!!!

Haha! Well-played Merlin! Great movie.

Brice
07-29-2012, 09:10 PM

Or have we always been in league with one another...? Damn...what's the emoticon for I'm Satan? :)

:belial:

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 09:14 PM

:belial:

Thank you! I must admit that's about the best thing I've seen all week - and I'm including Cannonball Run!

Brice
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Of course I am a kindred spirit Satan...in evil. :emot-cthulhu:

Jack Mort
07-29-2012, 09:28 PM

Hahaha! Cthulhu! Well THAT just made my day.

Jean
07-30-2012, 01:25 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg

BROWNINGS CHILDE
07-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Is there anyway one of the mods/director could change Merlin's name to RedSoxLover for a day or two.....you know...just to fuck with him.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
07-30-2012, 02:01 AM
j/k
We all know he's really a Ranger's fan:evil:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
07-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Oh and welcome to the party Jack, make yourself comfy....

There is no going back now.

Jack Mort
07-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Oh and welcome to the party Jack, make yourself comfy....

There is no going back now.

Thanks BC! And yes - Sloth loves Chunk!!!

Jack Mort
07-30-2012, 04:53 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg

That is great! I'm pretty sure that when the latent and manifest content of my dreams are in perfect alignment, I'll have that sign in my living room.

Brice
07-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Cthulhu and I are kindred spirits. Someday he may be as evil as I am. :emot-cthulhu:

Is there anyway one of the mods/director could change Merlin's name to RedSoxLover for a day or two.....you know...just to fuck with him.

Wait some months...for a big enough haven donation the fundraising whore might agree to it himself. Hell, he might even post too. LOL

Merlin1958
07-30-2012, 05:55 PM

Cthulhu and I are kindred spirits. Someday he may be as evil as I am. :emot-cthulhu:

Wait some months...for a big enough haven donation the fundraising whore might agree to it himself. Hell, he might even post too. LOL

NEVER!!!!! Not even for a Million dollar donation!!!!! Only George (R.I.P.) himself could convince me otherwise!!!! LOL Even a "Whore" has to have standards!!! LOL

Beside's, I've already been a victim of baseball fan terrorism, if only briefly!

Brice
07-31-2012, 06:22 AM
LOL

JimmyRiddles
07-31-2012, 07:33 AM
In an opportunity shop, about two years ago. I picked up Wizard and Glass, was somewhat confused but intrigued, so back tracked and I am now hooked!

As weird as it sounds I like Aaron Deepneau, he reminds me of someone close to me.
Although core characters Roland.

Probably Wizard and Glass, although as you all know they are hard to separate.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Melbourne, Australia

do you have a nickname?
I was called Cookie as a young boy, but nothing really now.

P.S. I'm excited to be here! Outside of some random baseball talk (mystifying to me) it seems like a lot of fun!

P.P.S. I know nothing about baseball outside of the generalizations of it being boring and incredibly long, as it's not big here in Oz, and I have never had a free 48 hours to watch a game... :biggrin:

Jack Mort
07-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi Jimmy! Welcome! I just came here a few days ago myself!

Bcook128
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM

I've known about The Dark Tower for a long time now, and have been a huge fan of Stephen King for years. For some reason I put off starting TDT, perhaps the fact that it's a pretty large investment (allocation of funds as well as allocation of time) had something to do with it. About 2 months ago I bit the bullet, bought an iPad and immediately populated my iBooks library with the entire Dark Tower series, save The Wind Through the Keyhole. I read the entire series back to back...took a while, but I couldn't put it down. I have to say, I sympathize with those who read them as they were published...I could hardly wait to turn a page much less wait YEARS to continue the journey.

Roland for sure. It was a rocky start with him, but by The Wastelands, he was definitely my favorite. I would almost go so far to say that I feel towards Roland what Callahan felt for Lupe...ummm, except there's nothing physical....and I don't really want to kiss Roland...and I wouldn't say I'm in love with him...OKAY so maybe it's NOTHING like Callahan's feelings for Lupe! Roland is just awesome. What other character in ANY story could all but kill a guy with a hawk, take out an entire town single-handed, AND hypnotize people with a bullet?!?

I don't really have a favorite book, but I have favorite parts of the books collectively. Since I read them back to back, I kind of view it all as one really long book.

How old are you?

I am 31.

Where are you from?

I am from South Arkansas...and contrary to popular misconception, it is not like The Borderlands...we have electricity, running water, and even television!!!

Do you have a nickname?

Not really.

Jean
08-02-2012, 12:23 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

DoctorDodge
08-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Welcome, welcome!
http://images.wikia.com/lifeonmars/images/9/94/Nelson.jpg

(Hmmm, now I fancy a pint!)

Jean
08-02-2012, 02:53 AM
I kind of view it all as one really long book.
Yes.

Merlin1958
08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Welcome All!!!!!!!

Jack Mort
08-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Ah!!! Sorry I just came across this and HAD to respond: USENET!!!! My god I remember when someone told me what email was. I nearly lost my mind!

Merlin1958
08-05-2012, 07:24 PM
WELCOME, FOLKS!!!!!

Matt19
08-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone! I discovered the dark tower in a charity shop a couple of years ago. By the time I got to the second book I was hooked. Can't really say I have a favourite character, none of them are that likable really, but at a push I guess it would have to be Jake. My favourite book is wizard and glass. I'm 37, from Derby in the UK. And don't have any nick names that people say to my face!

Jack Mort
08-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi Matt! Glad to have you here!
:thumbsup:
Nick

Brice
08-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Hi everyone! I discovered the dark tower in a charity shop a couple of years ago. By the time I got to the second book I was hooked. Can't really say I have a favourite character, none of them are that likable really, but at a push I guess it would have to be Jake. My favourite book is wizard and glass. I'm 37, from Derby in the UK. And don't have any nick names that people say to my face!

Oh, we'll be happy to say your nicknames to your face.

:unsure:

J/K :lol:

Welcome to the site, Matt!

BabyBlue
08-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I found The Gunslinger when I was 13. Been hooked ever since...

Oy! or Jake.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Vancouver, WA

do you have a nickname?
Dani Yella

Ben Staad
08-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the forum Matt and BabyBlue!

Jack Mort
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I found The Gunslinger when I was 13. Been hooked ever since...

Oy! or Jake.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Vancouver, WA

do you have a nickname?
Dani Yella

Dani Yella, great to have you here! I love Wizard and Glass too. Hope you get to look around the site and enjoy!

DTRAiN235
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I was just kicking it with a friend one day and he lent me Bag of Bones. After I read it, I told him how much I loved it. He then lent me the Gunslinger and said, "You are ready for this then." The rest is history

Jake and Oy

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
about to turn 38

Where are you from?
Sacramento

do you have a nickname?
D, Dtrain....or just my real name Daryl

Merlin1958
08-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I was just kicking it with a friend one day and he lent me Bag of Bones. After I read it, I told him how much I loved it. He then lent me the Gunslinger and said, "You are ready for this then." The rest is history

Jake and Oy

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
about to turn 38

Where are you from?
Sacramento

do you have a nickname?
D, Dtrain....or just my real name Daryl

WELCOME!!! DTRAIN!!!!!

Jean
08-29-2012, 01:14 AM
wow, DTRAiN!!!

:waves paw:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Jack Mort
08-29-2012, 04:22 AM
I'll add my welcome, here! DTRAIN good to have you!! :)

DTRAiN235
08-29-2012, 08:19 AM
hello back to all!

:waves back:

Patrick
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!

Merlin1958
08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I've met DTRAiN live in person a few years ago. It's a bit hazy now, probably on account of the quantity of beer that was involved. How the hell are you, man?

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS! Please make yourselves comfortable and join in the discussions!

Watta Director!!!! Am I right, folks?????

:smile_002:

Jean
08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
hear, hear!