PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

king fan
12-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Hey, i'm brand new here! Looks like a great site. Hello everyone.

RainInSpain
12-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Welcome, Moogs and king fan!

Jean
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

alinda
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome home , its how you will roll.

Char_dHin
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Long day..pleasent nites. constant reader here. New to yer site, I say true, I say thankee. I hope we will be well met as I follow the path........

Jean
12-07-2010, 03:32 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_bear_1.gif

Lono
12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?
Odd, but now that i think of it, i cant remember....its like ive always known about it......or im finally losing it...

Who is your favorite character?
Roland or Cuthbert

What is your favorite book?
The wastelands. I could re-read that book forever

How old are you?

Where are you from?
New Jersey - somewhere among the refineries

Do you have a nickname?
Lono

Brice
12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Welcome everyone!

kluker
12-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Welcome all!

Jean
12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

HorribleEyes
12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
How did I discover the series?

I'm a big "LOST" fan, and once the show was over, I was at a loss! I started reading the books mentioned in the show, which was quite interesting. I LOVED "The Stand," and was informed by fellow "LOST" fans that the "DT" series is what really influenced the show. I read "Gunslinger" and almost swore off the series(that was NOT my favorite)but I was told to persevere, it would be worth it...glad I did. ;-)

Favorite Character?

Probably Eddie...I just find him oddly easy to identify with. Which makes me wonder things about myself!

Favorite Book?

I really enjoyed "Wolves of the Calla." There is something about witnessing the ka-tet perform their first official "mission" as gunslingers I really liked. And all the subplots and mysteries...great book!

Age?

Home?

Mmm...how about "the northwest U.S."?

Nickname?

Mama...there are days I forget I actually have a real name...;-)

Jean
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-rose.gif

Ben Staad
12-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi I'm new and hear is some info:

Google searching for CD feedback.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Roland.

Eyes of the Dragon.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Pennsylvania transplant living in Florida

do you have a nickname?

No

haunted.lunchbox
12-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Welcome. Favorite book Eye of the Dragon? Interesting. You will have plenty of opportunity to debate this.

getabettereraser
12-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Discovery: The school llbrary had the first 3 or four books.
Favourite characters: Roland and the Crimson King (Draw: Pun intended)
Favourite Book: DT3 The wastelands
Nickname: zion83n6

Jean
12-18-2010, 05:56 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

alinda
12-18-2010, 06:12 AM
http://esigns.com/stock%20pics/welcome-home-YELLOW.jpg

blavigne
12-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Welcome everyone. I am new here myself. It's good to see other "newbies" joining up! I look forward to talking to you all :grouphug:

Séamus
12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Alo all, new guy here :)

I walked into a book shop one day with my sister and noticed The Dark Tower series sitting there.
I picked up The Gunslinger and read the first page.
I didn't have the money that day to pick it up but was happy when my sister bought me it for my birthday a couple of weeks later.

Right now I’m split between Roland and Eddie

Having just started Wizard and Glass I’d say it’s The Waste Lands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Belfast Ireland

Do you have a nickname?

Yup but not one that someone not from my country would say right :P

alinda
12-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi is init pronounced Shamus??? Welcome :huglove:

Séamus
12-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Yup thanks!
That's how you say it :D

Jean
12-18-2010, 11:50 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

alinda
12-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Seamus, yours is a lovely old Irish name. I have some irish family, and my sirname is currently irish as well.
Anyway I am very pleased to make your aquaintence. I am delighted that you have found us.

blavigne
12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Seamus
I LOVE your accent..............LOL OK I so the message board doesn't really have audio, but I do have a very active imagination!! :)

Sai_Boots
12-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Hile! Long days and pleasant nights, and life for your crop.

my name is Boots. I play music for a living. I found about The Dark Tower when a friend who loved King as much as i did aksed if i had read it. I had never heard of it, although i had already read quite a few of King's best. He found it very peculiar that i hadnt read the tower and knew i'd love it. he loaded me The Gunslinger. It wasn't until part two of the tower until i began getting really intrigued - i found The Gunslinger to be sort of a "hiccup" to the story.

It's not a matter of which character i relate to or love the most, but which idea - and that would be "Ka". King coulda wrote an entire series about Farson and Ka and i would hang on every word. Ka, like the wind, is like Time - a face on the water.. If you forced me to pick a character i'd say King himself, since he technically is in the book.. If you would like to debate that's an unfair answer, then i would have to say the old man that helps Roland in that shootout at the store. I have forgotten the face of my father by forgetting his name at this time. Maybe it was MacCullen or something like that. Anyway, his name wasnt mentioned by roland once he reached the tower, but he was not forgotten by me. Roland would have been fucked if it wasnt for him..

My favorite book is probably the wastelands. other king i love is Hearts in Atlantis, The Green Mile, and Desperation

i'm 27 years old and i am reading the Tower series again. i didnt use this forum my first go around, but i'll be lurkin about this time around. and who knows, if any of you cullies like my style, i may banter here and there :huglove:

i live in Lexington KY

my nicknames is Boots, but you may address me as Sai Boots, if it'd please ya.

Patroclus
12-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Hello All,
just stumbled across this site as I was looking at the latest news about the DT Movie.
thought I would check in and see what's happening.

I stumbled across the second book "The Drawing of the Three" in the nineties and thought OMG a King book I haven't read? what is wrong with me. I hadn't noticed at that point the roman numeral and was not attached to the internet at that point. I tried to read it... really tried... but was so lost I gave up. skip forward to years later I find "The Gunslinger" Ahh-Haa... I never looked back I ran through the books and had to wait for #7

I Loved "The Wolves of the Calla" cause of the tie-ins There is Randall Flagg and there is Father Callahan I was soo happy to see Father Callahan cause even in "Stephen King's" universe the ones with a moment of weakness are not completely F-ed :cool:

How old are you?

45 - old enough to know better

Where are you from?

Phoenix, AZ

do you have a nickname?

You can Call... me... Al :dance:

blavigne
12-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Happy Holidays Al :)

mia/susannah
12-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Well :) Most of you know me, I have been a member for a while, but have not been here for a long time, But I have missed all of yous

kluker
12-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Welcome back then :)

alinda
12-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Welcome home Milissa:excited:We've missed you something fierce!

Hammer
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? by accident found it in the library

Who is your favorite charcter?may be cliche but i enjoyed them all equaly

What is your favorite book? was the stand but the DT series is now

How old are you? 44

Where are you from? michigan

blavigne
12-27-2010, 01:52 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? by accident found it in the library

Who is your favorite charcter?may be cliche but i enjoyed them all equaly

What is your favorite book? was the stand but the DT series is now

How old are you? 44

Where are you from? michigan

Welcome from your fellow Michigander! :)

Calvin
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello friends. My name is Calvin. I am old, and have been into TDT for what seems like longer than the world has ever since heard of a thing. Sometime in the next couple of months, I will have a present for the folks here at this fine forum. In the meantime, I look forward to the enriching experience that is being a member of your ka-tet.

kluker
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Hello Calvin welcome!

IrishEyes
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I usually dislike introductions because I'm shy but since you asked so politely I will abide happily.

I had never read the books but loved all others Mr. King wrote. My boyfriend at that time, now my husband, gave me his well-worn copy of The Gunslinger and I devoured it.

I like them all. None of them would be who/what they are without each other!!

I'm not sure if this means my favorite in the series or just in general. My favorite in the series is The Gunslinger.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
The huge town of Sikeston, Missouri.

do you have a nickname?
Nothing I could (or would) repeat to my Mother. :blush:
But, ya'll can call me by my given name, Amy.

kluker
01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Welcome Amy! :clap:

IrishEyes
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Thank you! Was up far too late reading threads... :beat:

kluker
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
That is a joy to do, but you regret it in the morning :lol:

fernandito
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Welcome Amy, nice to have you on board :)

IrishEyes
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Thank you feverishparade!

And yes kluker, I regret many things in the morning...

keyframe
01-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Hello again and welcome to all the newest. I've started my 3rd read of the series after getting Full Dark... for xmas. Just wanted to say hi since i've been lurking around for a few days now.

Welcome Amy, i spent some time in Sikeston about 12 years ago and really enjoyed it there. Met some nice people and ate some throwed rolls.:cowboy:

DeShane
01-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Hello I'm new to The Dark Tower I've Just started book 5 and completely addicted, i've cheated abit and listened them via audiobook.
so far I have enjoyed The Wizard and Glass best as I loved hearing about Roland as a boy.

I got into Stephen King after reading Under The Dome which i thought was Fantastic but Dark Tower is Amazing,
Ive just started to buy the books and so far have copies of the first two which are meant to be UK first publishcation.

DeShane
01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Sorry about my spelling, whoops!

Matt
Chester, England

RainInSpain
01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Hello, Matt! Welcome to TDT.org :)

Josh
01-07-2011, 06:40 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the Dark Tower and Stephen King for that matter. I've seen his movies and tv mini-series but I've never read any of his books. I have been most pleasantly surprised. I just started the Dark Tower Series this past weekend and I'm finishing The Drawing of the Three today. I was instantly hooked and have been buying the books and graphic novels and everything else I can get my hands on. Ok, onto the questions:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? A co-worker skipped lunch everyday while he finished reading The Dark Tower a few years ago and tried to convince me to read it. I never did, but received a gift card for Christmas this year and wandered around the bookstore and it found me.

Who is your favorite charcter? Really early in the story, but I like Eddie so far.

What is your favorite book? Again, very early, but I like The Drawing of the Three the best.

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? Kentucky

do you have a nickname? Sure don't

kluker
01-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Welcome Josh!
Drawing of three is one of my favorites as well

strungoutboy21
01-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Hello my name is Justin and I discovered this site while looking at Dark Tower tattoos. I am currently about halfway through Wolves of the Calla right now. I started reading the Dark Tower when I got a kindle and now I have read the first four books in two months.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I've always been a Stephen King fan and finished reading some of his short story books and wanted to get into something epic and challenging.

Who is your favorite charcter? My favorite character is Roland, duhh. Well if it weren't for him it would be Eddie for his humor.

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands so far.

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? San Diego

do you have a nickname? Stephen, JB, whatever...

John Blaze
01-08-2011, 02:46 AM
welcome all!

and Strung, I also go by JB on here, so it might get a tad confusin, so I think I'll call you either Stephen or Strung. :) I hope that's fine with you.

SloTrans
01-08-2011, 11:46 PM
ow did you discover the Dark Tower?

My brother in law suggested I read the Gunslinger. It's all Ka from there...

Old long, tall and ugly. Though Oy is a close second.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?

California

do you have a nickname?

no, but I have a twinner. somehwere.

Good to be here, I just finished book 7 and am going thru withdrawals...*twitch, twitch*

-Slo

blavigne
01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Good to be here, I just finished book 7 and am going thru withdrawals...*twitch, twitch*Slo

Welcome!! :) I know Roland doesn't get out of your head!! :)

Jon
01-09-2011, 01:40 PM
WELCOME!!

Jean
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

Serpent Raptor
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Hello, I've not long finished reading the DT series, and have been scouring the net trying to get my fix of it even though the books are over, lol. Hope I can take part in some cool discussions about it with likeminded fans.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Well, I was pushed in front of a car and awoke in a strange desert land...er, I mean I saw it in the library, and being a big King fan I decided to read it.

Who is your favorite charcter? Jake Chambers/ Walter O Dim

What is your favorite book? The Wastelands/ The Dark Tower

How old are you? I'm 21, but I look 15, and feel really old, in my mind, but young in my heart. Confusing? Yeah, it is to me as well.

Where are you from? Malvern, Worcestershire

Do you have a nickname? Yeah, Serpent Raptor--or just Serpent, or just Raptor, or DJ/MC Raptor. It differs with different people I know. I'm like Flagg that way, lol (and I had these nicknames way back in school before reading the books, so its kind of uncanny).

SR

kluker
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome Serpent Raptor hope you enjoy the site as much as I have

Rice Dancer
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm mostly planning on lurking, but hi. I've been a fan of the books many years, and of course the plan for the films is reigniting interest.

Merlin1958
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the site!!!!!

Be sure to participate in the Haven Fund Raiser. Lots of good stuff!!!! Post often and once you get to 5 posts, new priviledges open up to you!!!!

Rice Dancer
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice, posted 5 but not sure what my prize is.

Merlin1958
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Well lets see, if memory serves you can now get PM's and make a signature and add an avatar.

OchrisO
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Ans post in forums that weren't open to posting before, I think.

Yeah Sure Whatever
01-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi!

blavigne
01-13-2011, 05:35 AM

Welcome!! You win the fair day goose :) No really it's what Merlin said..........good to meet other newbies!! Again welcome :)

John Blaze
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome newcomers!

evilash
01-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi
I have been visiting this site for a few years now and recently (approx 6 months ago) joined. This is my first post (finally) and am happy to officially be here. I feel like I already know many of you as I have been voyeuristically reading the comments/discussions for a long time now. I never joined before now as I never felt like I really had anything to say. I really don't have anything to say now either except hello to all of you and I hope to be here for a long time to come.

Letti
01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the site, evilash. :rose: We do hope we can have you here till the world moves on. :)

Rice Dancer
01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was already a SK fan.

Who is your favorite character? Wolf (Talisman)

What is your favorite book? Next question

How old are you? On my profile

Where are you from? United States

do you have a nickname? nope

Roland of Gilead 33
01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
hello,

How did you discover "The Dark Tower" well i grew up on SK & my brother did as well. he, growing up would buy either his paperbacks or his hardbacks every now & than

when we were growing up. & i grew up watching SK movies as well. anyways after 'The Drawing of the three" came out & "The Gunslinger" came out in (1989) in

paperback & Trade paperback. & since i was to young to read any of the SK books. i had to BEG my brother who is older & my rents to let me read at least SOME of his

work. what got me interested in "The Dark Tower" though was the covers & the art

work in the trade paperbacks that my brother had. i used to sneak into his room when he was at work & read some of the 1st "DT" book.

the paperback anyways. than he finally let me read it & i loved it. he at some point let me read the 2nd one & i loved that as well. it wasn't until i was in my mid teens that i

finally got around to read 'The Waste Lands" by than my family didn't care if i read SK. sorry for the long answer but that's how i got into the "DT" series.

Who is your favorite Character ? i dunno yet because i haven't read the entire series yet. he he.

What is your favorite book? i've only read the 1st three books but so far that would be "The Drawing Of The Three" i have nothing but good memories reading it many times while i was growing up.

how old am i? i'm 32 years old. but people say i also look young for my age as well. & i've been told that i look 18. so my hope is that when i'm 60 for example i'll look say 40! he he.

do i have a nickname? yes i do, that would actually be Stimpy my aunt gave it to me cause i loved the cartoon while growing up. i don't think i need to name which Cartoon

it is do i? he he. anyways, the name kinda stuck. & the reason i didn't use it here is as a screen name is cause i wanted to have a screen name that had to do with the

"DT" books. :) anyways you can either call me Stimpy or just Don either one i don't mind.

John Blaze
01-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Welcome Roland. What you described is insanity. I would love for my children to read anything they please when they get older. Begging to read sounds crazy! I'm glad you won out in the end and I hope you enjoy the read as much as I did. :D

Jean
01-15-2011, 09:46 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg?t=1295113538

Roland of Gilead 33
01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
TRUE that can sound crazy to most people, there's no doubt about that. but you see in my family we are almost all readers. my dad not so much. unless it's a horse mag. or a car mag. that's reading for him. both my grandmothers LOVED to read. one of them

has since passed away back in (1994) unfortuanlly. anyways. my mom LOVES to read, my brother when he has time LOVES to read so does my sister-in-law my 3 year old niece

she's a smart one. he he. anyways i grew up reading is my point. i guess you could call me a book worm. though i don't read as much as i used to i still love to do so. when i was in school bully's at least bully's to me anyways would try to make me lose my

place. so after awhile i learned to pay attention to what page i was on. & when they would give me my book back they'd get pissed cause my place wasn't lost.

he he. anyways, i also was a source on spelling as well. people in school would ask me how to spell this or that. & most of the time i was able to do that for them. & i loved that. so to me begging to read any author was normal for me. i mean hell i read "The

Long Walk" in i think 2 & a half days? i started it on a friday nite, & by i think sunday i

was one with it. i've read in the past "The Tommyknockers' when there was no school or work. for hours on end. i would read for like say sometimes up to 6 hrs. or so & i

only would stop when i would get a migrane. which was for me normal. so i've read 'The TommyKnockers in the past in like a week or so. i read the last "Twilght" book which i read as a challenge actually

my mom said that i wouldn't like it. so i took that up as a challenge & read the series. mostly out of curiosity to be honest. it was decent actually. but NOT as good as most people say it is. i read the last one which is like 700 or 800 pages in like a week & a

half i think it was? or it may have just been a week. it was during the summer so my tv shows that i like to watch were all done. i would have been done sooner but i had to go to work unfortunally.

that's why to me that was normal. is there anyone else here that's like that? anyways i'm sorry for the War & Peace as i call it explanation but i thought you'd like to know why that is normal for me.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-15-2011, 09:25 PM
by the way thank you for the kind welcome. & what's wrong with being crazy as i always say? :) just as long as it's the good crazy & NOT the bad crazy. i'm the good crazy. he he. & what's wrong with a little insanity every now & than? he he :)

John Blaze
01-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I was implying no criticism, RoG, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way. Again, welcome. Hope you see you around in the forum.

Jean
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
by the way thank you for the kind welcome. & what's wrong with being crazy as i always say? :) just as long as it's the good crazy & NOT the bad crazy. i'm the good crazy. he he. & what's wrong with a little insanity every now & than? he he :) oh, absolutely. We all float down here.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-16-2011, 03:04 PM
no i didn't take it the wrong way. anyone else i would meet in real life if i told them that would have said the same thing. & i would have told them why as well.

John Blaze
01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
:)

Merlin1958
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
by the way thank you for the kind welcome. & what's wrong with being crazy as i always say? :) just as long as it's the good crazy & NOT the bad crazy. i'm the good crazy. he he. & what's wrong with a little insanity every now & than? he he :)

It's INSANE!!!!!!!! LOL LOL

:dance:

Roland of Gilead 33
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
who isn't insane on some level anyways? :)

Barlowe
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi there!

My name is Mikkel, and just to point out the obvious, I'm an avid fan of The Dark Tower. Where possible, I bought my Dark Tower books in hardcover (What can I say, I love my hardcover books), and if you've ever been to certain parts of Copenhagen, you may very well have seen me walking the streets while reading :P

Hoping to get some stimulating TDT discussions with you people :)

-Barlowe

Randall Flagg
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome.

bettinas.ashes
01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
A friend of mine suggested that I started reading the Dark Tower series, as she herself was a big fan. I did, and was instantly hooked.
I started reading the Gunslinger in November 2009, and ended up having read them all by February 2010. I did get somewhat obsessed to my husbands complete lack of understanding. I have just finished reading the series again, and are always looking for connections to other SK books.

Old long, tall and ugly I think, or perhaps Jake. I love all of them, so it is somewhat hard to pick only one.

Probably the Dark Tower. I did (of course) enjoy all the books, but this the last part of the series explained so many things, and then it was good to see what happened at the end.
I think some was probably a bit disappointed by the end, but I actually thought it was quite good.

How old are you?
I just turned 26 recently, and still can't believe that I am now in the last half of my twenties. Not complaining, just not understanding what happened to all the other years.

Where are you from? From Denmark, but living in Australia, and have done so for nearly 3 years.

Do you have a nickname?
Yes, Tina or Red.

kluker
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome Tina!

bettinas.ashes
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Thank you!
There is so much stuff to read up on here, if only I didn't have to work...

kluker
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Good luck I'm a sahm and still haven't read eveythinf on here,
Hope you enjoy and make some good friends

bettinas.ashes
01-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Thankee.

Everyone seems very nice, so that's a good start.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a sahm?

kluker
01-19-2011, 09:11 AM
stay at home mom

Myste
01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I better introduce myself again, because I have been away almost a year! O.o
Sorry about that, I will get a hold of myself (FB have swallowed all of my forumtime) :arg:
So put it shortly; I'm Myste... hailing from Finland and I'm a King addict!
Looking forward to see you all again (and welcome the new one's whom I haven't been here to welcome)

Erin
01-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Welcome back! I absolutely love you Finns. I spent 2 weeks in Finland a few years back and had the time of my life. It's a wonderful country.

Erin
01-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Hahaha! I just looked at your profile and realized it was you, Janne. But welcome back, anyways. :D

Myste
01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Thank you! And thanks for your compliments. It's very nice to hear smth like that! :)

bettinas.ashes
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
stay at home mom

Oh, that makes sense now. Thank you.

Jean
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

Merlin1958
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM

I say Welcome to all too. Although, after Jeans' pic that's like trying to follow the Beatles at a Rock Concert!!! LOL

:o:lol::lol::lol::o

Jean
01-21-2011, 05:51 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

olverts
01-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi !

I´m new to this site , so im gonna introduce myself
My name is Hannes
I guess David might recognize me , have bought a lot of books lately from Betts :)

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Cant really remember , I bought a lot of books when i first discovered Stephen King , I guess The Gunslinger was one of them (The swedish edition)

Who is your favorite character? Roland

What is your favorite book? I have to say The Stand

How old are you? 29

Where are you from? Sweden

do you have a nickname? No nickname

RainInSpain
01-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello, olverts! Welcome!

Where in Sweden are you from? Back in 1995, I spent a semester at Uppsala Universitet, and have fondest memories of my Swedish classmates and teaching staff. :)

Jean
01-21-2011, 07:25 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

olverts
01-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome

I´m from Lulea , way up north :)
Not that far from the Russian border
My mothers husband is from Uppsala btw

RainInSpain
01-21-2011, 08:04 AM
The world is a small place :)

olverts
01-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Indeed it is :)

Jon
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Welcome!!!!!

SpaceMaN
01-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Jon! Welcome!

ladykatherine
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello everyone!!
I figured since it's been so long, I thought I'd drop on here as a fun way to get back in the swing of things. My name is Katie and I've actually been a member for a while now, although I *did* manage to lock myself out (long story). These last few years have been busy and atrocious in ways I couldn't describe. But now I'm back, and hopefully to stay! :3 Still in school though; that much hasn't changed, ha!

Letti
02-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Welcome back ladykatherine! We do remember you. :rose:

Jean
02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
of course we do

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif

bmad1965
02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi all, new to this forum, nice to meet other fans

kluker
02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Hello welcome!

michaelgunslinger
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
hello
I'm Mike and new awesome to see a group dedicated to such an amazing experience as these books

Jean
02-05-2011, 01:07 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome650-7horse.jpg

Jane19
02-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Hi, I'm Jane from Italy! I found this forum searching DT tattoos *.* ... i've got one and i'm going to do the second.. and i will post the photos soon!
I start reading S.K. when i was 6 y.o. and a friend of my father gave me "Night Shift". What a book for a baby!!??? i don't know but i read it in a couple of day and i couldn't stop to read S.K. books anymore.

(i think my english is totally bad so...if somebody will correct my faults i will edit my post!!!) :innocent:

Jean
02-10-2011, 04:39 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-1.jpg

ELazansky
02-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Hi, I'm Jane from Italy! I found this forum searching DT tattoos *.* ... i've got one and i'm going to do the second.. and i will post the photos soon!
I start reading S.K. when i was 6 y.o. and a friend of my father gave me "Night Shift". What a book for a baby!!??? i don't know but i read it in a couple of day and i couldn't stop to read S.K. books anymore.

(i think my english is totally bad so...if somebody will correct my faults i will edit my post!!!) :innocent:

Your English is way better than my Italian :-)

Welcome to the forums!

John Blaze
02-11-2011, 02:52 AM
What Elazansky said. :) Welcome.

And Welcome MICHAEL!

Serenade
02-19-2011, 05:15 PM
*wave* Hey fellow travelers on the path of the beam! I'm tom and I happen to adore all things in the realm of the DT which is obviously why I am here. I love random ponderings upon the world and whatever may reside in between. Just making this quick as it is probably boring to read, so I hope to see many of you around :D

kluker
02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Welcome!

RolandsTower
02-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey Everyone! I just joined up and am excited about being a part of this site!

I am a huge SK fan and read The Gunslinger years back, and enjoyed it but did not have the motivation to continue on at that time (I was probably around 15 years old). Recently I have rekindled my desire to reach the Dark Tower, and have been getting through the series, the books take up all my free time currently!

Well, Roland is the obvious choice, but after Roland it would probably be Jake. He just always seemed like a really complex character to me, from the beggening, and I always find myself rooting for him, although, I guess I could say that about the whole ka-tet.

I am midway through Wizard and Glass right now so I can't say for sure yet, but as of right now I think I would say that it is my favorite in the series so far. I also love Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy and Stephen King (Richard Bachman)'s The Long Walk.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
I grew up in Illinois and then moved to Michigan for college, which is where I am still currently living.

do you have a nickname?
Not really. Various people in my life will call me different things, but I don't think any really stick for that long.

Jean
02-20-2011, 11:35 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBullRider.jpg

Robert Fulman
02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi, everybody. I read the Dark Tower series for the first time (I'm currently re-reading) in 2007, and I was instantly very upset that I had waited as long as I did. As a matter of fact, when I first purchased "Everything's Eventual", I skipped "The Little Sisters of Eluria" because I was so completely uninterested in Roland and his wacky adventures. Anyway, TDT is now my favorite set of books, and I have begun to think about collecting, although all I currently have is one of the old Fantasy & Science Fiction issues (with the Slow Mutants) as well as a second edition (1984) Gunslinger in awful condition (makes a nice cautionary tale, though).

pathoftheturtle
02-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi. Glad to have you. :)

Salutations to all you travelers.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/cht.gif

xaviermuskie
02-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi all, thanks to everyone for such a great site about my favorite series of books.

I was given The Gunslinger back in middle school when my aunt handed down a 20-25 book collection of King's works. I actually had to wait between 6-7 years between book 3 and 4 of the series!

Hard to pick, but I'd have to say either Jake or Oy.

Wizard and Glass has to be my favorite. Whenever I read any of the books I always follow it up with that one. It always seems to put Roland's actions into a new context for me.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Alexandria, KY

Serenade
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the welcomes and welcome to any newcomers :-)

Merlin1958
02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome all!!!!!!!! Post often!!!!! Participate in the discussions!!!!!

Glad to have you all here in our community!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brice
02-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Welcome everyone! :)

Norman1974
02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I discovered The Gunslinger during a 9th grade english class with Mr. Teichrob. He brought in a box of books he had at home for a reading assignment. Fell in love with everything about it, wrote a kick ass report, passed and continued my journey to the Dark Tower. 17 years it took. Started again in November 2010, book 5 at end of February. My older daughter will be handed book one next year (only 12).
Roland is the man, hands down my favorite.
Not entirely sure which is my favorite book yet but I will once I'm done the books again....Wizard and Glass is cool though.
I'm 37 years young! but get sore from long palavers and hikes with my ka-tet (a german shepard-Eddie and chihuaha-Jake) haven't gotten my Susannah Dean yet.
From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at the heart of the continent! I would think that the dark tower is somewhere close by but I haven't come across it in my walks.
My wife has some choice nicknames for me, so do my daughters, but Norm, son of Fred, is cool with me.

blavigne
02-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Welcome! This is a great site. Many awesome friends to be had. :)

Faddah Callahan
02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Last week, I was dressed in a long charcoal overcoat and a black cowboy hat, which is my typical rain gear. Someone told me I looked like the Gunslinger. I was...fairly flattered. It's been a couple of years since I've read any of the books (holy crap, that's honestly true), but I've been meaning to stop by here for a while (I've been here five minutes, and I already recognize some of the names). I guess if being associated with Roland Deschain in person is what it takes, then that's what it takes...

Jean
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
I very

very

very

much appreciate your avatar, Faddah

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

Faddah Callahan
02-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Well, our avatars kind of compliment each other, don't they? Heh.

Jean
02-25-2011, 11:02 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

are you the same Faddah that I remember from .net? I mean, the one who started the thread "Is Roland a Robot", and played riddles?

Faddah Callahan
02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I am the Faddah from an earlier forum who played Eddie Riddles...can't say I recall the "Is Roland a Robot" thread, but it sounds like something I'd do. I do believe that you are familiar to me too sir.

Jean
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Eddie Riddles, right!! I don't think we have a similar thread here, but we sure have a Riddles forum (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?85-The-Road-to-Fair-Day)

::hint hint::

Faddah Callahan
02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Ha-ha, I'll see what I can do...is Walter O'Dimm around, the old riddles section keeper?

Jean
02-25-2011, 11:12 AM
well, he ain't no keeper now, being much too busy with the so-called real life and its problems, but he sure is around! He who hides under the unpretentious name of Jon is in fact the great and mighty Walter-that-was.

pathoftheturtle
02-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh, yes! Hello, Faddah. Welcome back. :D

Jon
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Faddah!!!!!!!!!

On a personal note, I have missed the hell out of you... now get to Riddles and write one! (Road to the fair day goose.)

Jean
02-25-2011, 11:29 AM
see, Faddah? you have summoned him

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

Jon
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Who has awakened me!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/monster1.jpg

dyffryn
02-26-2011, 02:56 AM
My cousin got me to read them five years ago. I was hooked.

Probably Eddie.

Wastelands. Favorite scene is probably going into Lud.

How old are you, where are you from?
24, from Akron, Ohio.

Jon
02-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Welcome!!!!

Jean
02-28-2011, 07:03 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

buffalo_back
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Been a lurker for a while now, but I have finally decided to come out of hiding.

My roommate in college actually turned me on to the series. Before that I had been a fan of King, but didn't think the series would interest me. He finally talked me into it and I am very glad he did.

The Drawing of the Three is actually my favorite. Can't quite explain why, it just is.

I'm 25 and I live in Northeast Tennessee

Some of my close friends still call me by my College nickname, Buffalo Bill. This is due to the fact that my voice is quite deep and I can do a dead on impression of Ted Levine from Silence of the Lambs( VOICE ONLY, I tend to draw the line at tailoring with Lane Bryant models).

Ben Staad
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Been a lurker for a while now, but I have finally decided to come out of hiding.

My roommate in college actually turned me on to the series. Before that I had been a fan of King, but didn't think the series would interest me. He finally talked me into it and I am very glad he did.

The Drawing of the Three is actually my favorite. Can't quite explain why, it just is.

I'm 25 and I live in Northeast Tennessee

Some of my close friends still call me by my College nickname, Buffalo Bill. This is due to the fact that my voice is quite deep and I can do a dead on impression of Ted Levine from Silence of the Lambs( VOICE ONLY, I tend to draw the line at tailoring with Lane Bryant models).

Welcome to the forum...and now I know who I am not moving furniture with (j/k)!

Liquidchick
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi, I'm new.
I've been a Stephen King fan since I was a pre-teen, but I've only just read the Dark Tower Series. I put it off because I'm not normally big on fantasy (with exceptions, of course), but boy am I glad I finally read it. I don't know if I can choose a favorite book from the series. My favorite is probably the Wolves of Calla, but that's a hard choice.

Merlin1958
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the Boards!!!!!!! Post often, your input is invaluable!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CRinVA
03-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Welcome abouard liquidchik - I grew up about 50 miles north of Albany but moved away in the mid 70's. I still go back every year though!

Brice
03-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome new friends! ... And welcome home Faddah!

Belated
03-06-2011, 03:44 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?: always been a SK fan, decided to try it this year and read all the books in the space of two weeks. :)

Who is your favorite charcter? Cuthbert, by far.

What is your favorite book? The Drawing of the Three or The Dark Tower.

How old are you? 16.

Where are you from? Australia.

do you have a nickname? Belated is just fine. :)

Belated
03-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Also, hello/welcome to anyone else? :P

Randall Flagg
03-06-2011, 06:21 AM
A belated welcome to Belated.

Jon
03-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome!!!

sullivan19
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Hello, I'd like to reintroduce myself if that is okay? I fluttered in and out of this site when it was first created, after the old tdt.net. Some people may remember me and I remember a few of those names at the bottom of the screen! After a few years of reading very little fiction and a lot of personal issues, the call the Tower came to me recently. I'm reading the series for a third time and am engrossed even more than before. This time around I'm reading with Complete Concordance in the other hand, reason being I'm trying to creat my own personal maps of Mid-World and the lands within. I do hope to get involved with plenty of DT/SK discussion, although I'm more of a reader than debater these days! Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

And this is my 19th post!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I'd read The Stand and Insomnia before finding the Gunslinger on the shelves around 01/02. I got into Stephen King through just seeing books like Skeleton Crew, The Stand and Cujo laying around my parent's house.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland, Eddie and the many forms of Walter Paddick are favourite characters.

What is your favorite book? Hmmm, after recently reading Wizard and Glass and The Waste Lands in short succession, I'll go with these two!

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? London, England

do you have a nickname? Not really, but I do get called all manner of things!

Jean
03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
sullivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at last! now, that's good news

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

sullivan19
03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Hello Jean!!! I hope you are well!

What a fantastic place this has become!

Cook
03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Hello,
New to the Palaver, I'm very lost with the site, probably due to my age, or the sins of my youth are catching up with me.
Please be patient with me as I learn to navigate the palaver site,
I've been reading king for a little under 20, & I thought I was a decent collector until I viewed Randall Flagg's collection. (seriously cool)
I'd say I've read (actually read) honestly 85% of king's work, I'm a little behind on a few old classics.
Anyway... Just trying to find a few "King" friends.
Thanks
-Cook

Ben Staad
03-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome Sullivan and Cook...You will find many great people and discussions on the site! :clap:

Weirdmonger
03-20-2011, 09:43 AM
hello, I am Des Lewis and has recently started reading THE DARK TOWER books for the first time - at the age of 63.
I have also started an on-going review of them - in my normal real-time reviewing style. This is as far as I have reached so far:
The Gunslinger (http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/the-dark-tower-the-gunslinger/)
The Drawing of the Three (http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/the-dark-tower-the-drawing-of-the-three/)
The Waste Lands (http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/the-dark-tower-the-waste-lands/)
Wizard and Glass (http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/the-dark-tower-wizard-and-glass/) - as yet unfinished

Yours, des (df lewis)

Merlin1958
03-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey all!!!!!! We are currently having our annual Haven Fund raiser!!! If you can, pop $5 or $10 in for the cause!!!! Its a good one!!!!!!!

Regardless, Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weirdmonger
03-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi, I'm DF Lewis, I'm currently real-time reviewing THE DARK TOWER books in detail on my blog.
I've never read these books before (although I have read most of SK's work otherwise since the days of Carrie).
des

Anthony Deschain
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello, i am new to this site, but not to the wonderful works of sai king. I was first introduced to the dark tower in high school. My friends at the time said, "Yo Read these books they will change your life" i responded by saying piss off, not believing them for they had tricked me in the past.
I feel the character i liked the best, would have to be eddie, i can relate to him big big may it do ya fine! Now for my favorite book, a tie between the drawing of the three and the dark tower ( i unlike alot of people i spoke with, love the ending, the fact that he got the horn of the eld and can finally bring and end to the ENDLESS amount of traveling hes done over and over again. The thought of Roland Of Gilead, the last gunslinger of his world and all words, Blowing his head off at the top floor of his precious tower, oh discordia.) I am 19 years old, but don't let that discourage your image of me, for the small time ive been alive, i have learnd a lot, seen a lot, and done a lot. I am from Detroit Michigan, but also dont let that discourage you if ka will say so let it be so. My Nick name is tony, i have had it ever since 3rd grade. Well thats me i hope i become more acquainted with all of you, may it do ya fine.

Jon
03-21-2011, 01:19 PM
WELCOME

blavigne
03-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Hello, i am new to this site, but not to the wonderful works of sai king. I was first introduced to the dark tower in high school. My friends at the time said, "Yo Read these books they will change your life" i responded by saying piss off, not believing them for they had tricked me in the past.
I feel the character i liked the best, would have to be eddie, i can relate to him big big may it do ya fine! Now for my favorite book, a tie between the drawing of the three and the dark tower ( i unlike alot of people i spoke with, love the ending, the fact that he got the horn of the eld and can finally bring and end to the ENDLESS amount of traveling hes done over and over again. The thought of Roland Of Gilead, the last gunslinger of his world and all words, Blowing his head off at the top floor of his precious tower, oh discordia.) I am 19 years old, but don't let that discourage your image of me, for the small time ive been alive, i have learnd a lot, seen a lot, and done a lot. I am from Detroit Michigan, but also dont let that discourage you if ka will say so let it be so. My Nick name is tony, i have had it ever since 3rd grade. Well thats me i hope i become more acquainted with all of you, may it do ya fine.

I live north of Detroit but spend a lot of time there on business. As everyone sees on the news there is a lot of work to be done in Detroit and all of Michigan. What they don't show on the news, unfortunately, are all the good things already happening!! I think Michigan is a beautiful state! However, this place is honestly the best in the universe.................Welcome!

Anthony Deschain
03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank you blavaigne thos kind words make me feel very welcome :)

Jimimck
03-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Hello,
New to the Palaver, I'm very lost with the site, probably due to my age, or the sins of my youth are catching up with me.
Please be patient with me as I learn to navigate the palaver site,
I've been reading king for a little under 20, & I thought I was a decent collector until I viewed Randall Flagg's collection. (seriously cool)
I'd say I've read (actually read) honestly 85% of king's work, I'm a little behind on a few old classics.
Anyway... Just trying to find a few "King" friends.
Thanks
-Cook

Welcome Cook,
I know what you mean with navigating around the site. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but figured out it wasn't too bad when i discovered subscribing to a thread. Until then, i was having trouble finding where I'd posted lol.

Anyway, you'll figure it out soon enough, and if not, plenty of help around this place.

Cheers
James

Letti
03-23-2011, 01:13 AM

I guess you are greatful to them now. :)

Welcome to the site you all!

Jon
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
WELCOME ALL!!!!

harrison ryan
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Another new guy here. Hello to all my fellow Kingian Constant Readers. My first encounter with the work of King was The Stand Revised and Expanded Edition, which I read when I was about thirteen or fourteen and fresh off other classics of fantasy literature like the Chronicles of Narnia and--subsequently--The Lord of the Rings. After that first reading of The Stand, I was hooked. There was an unobtrusiveness to the writing style and a narrative propulsion in the work that made those 1100 some-odd pages fly by, that immersed me so thoroughly in the work that my physical self vanished in a way I've found myself striving to recapture in later years of reading. Something in that dark dream of a depopulated American landscape spoke to me clearly--it was not so much a more palpable but more plausible alternate reality than those other worlds I'd read of previously. It fired my imagination and got me writing, poured fuel on the fire of my endeavors in visual art. I began to read all of his work, starting with 'Salem's Lot. The rest of the chronology escapes me, but in retrospect there was very little reason to the haphazard way in which I made my way through the rest of King's catalog. Mostly I think I just went with whatever cover art intrigued me, whichever back cover blurb was enticing enough to cement my next decision. I read little else in that time, and always the reading decisions were between King novels. Oh, to be spoiled for choice between unread Kings!
In subsequent years I've read nearly everything, much of it multiple times. I've sought out unpublished work, ebooks, EW magazine articles, anthology collections, whatever it took to get my hands on the newest bit of writing by my favorite author. My love of books and reading has shaped my life and my choice of profession, and I owe a substantial portion of that love to Stephen King. I'm sure many of you can relate. So, "Hello!" from one Constant Reader to many others, and I wish you Long Days and--well, you know the rest.

Merlin1958
03-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browse around and post often!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Erin
03-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Another new guy here. Hello to all my fellow Kingian Constant Readers. My first encounter with the work of King was The Stand Revised and Expanded Edition, which I read when I was about thirteen or fourteen and fresh off other classics of fantasy literature like the Chronicles of Narnia and--subsequently--The Lord of the Rings. After that first reading of The Stand, I was hooked. There was an unobtrusiveness to the writing style and a narrative propulsion in the work that made those 1100 some-odd pages fly by, that immersed me so thoroughly in the work that my physical self vanished in a way I've found myself striving to recapture in later years of reading. Something in that dark dream of a depopulated American landscape spoke to me clearly--it was not so much a more palpable but more plausible alternate reality than those other worlds I'd read of previously. It fired my imagination and got me writing, poured fuel on the fire of my endeavors in visual art. I began to read all of his work, starting with 'Salem's Lot. The rest of the chronology escapes me, but in retrospect there was very little reason to the haphazard way in which I made my way through the rest of King's catalog. Mostly I think I just went with whatever cover art intrigued me, whichever back cover blurb was enticing enough to cement my next decision. I read little else in that time, and always the reading decisions were between King novels. Oh, to be spoiled for choice between unread Kings!
In subsequent years I've read nearly everything, much of it multiple times. I've sought out unpublished work, ebooks, EW magazine articles, anthology collections, whatever it took to get my hands on the newest bit of writing by my favorite author. My love of books and reading has shaped my life and my choice of profession, and I owe a substantial portion of that love to Stephen King. I'm sure many of you can relate. So, "Hello!" from one Constant Reader to many others, and I wish you Long Days and--well, you know the rest.

Welcome! I know I just said it two seconds ago in another thread, but I'm from Richmond, KY! I'm excited to see another KY Dark Tower fan. In my experience I haven't seen too many of them. :D

Also, I was in Lexington yesterday and got caught out in that weird hail storm. What the heck? It was 76 degrees last weekend. Boooooo.

harrison ryan
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Welcome! I know I just said it two seconds ago in another thread, but I'm from Richmond, KY! I'm excited to see another KY Dark Tower fan. In my experience I haven't seen too many of them. :D

Also, I was in Lexington yesterday and got caught out in that weird hail storm. What the heck? It was 76 degrees last weekend. Boooooo.

Yeah, I had to turn on my wipers to knock the snow off my windshield this morning on the way to work. That brief warm period was just a tease, a kind of cruel temptation of warmth and Spring.
How about them Cats? Don't really follow sports, but it's cool.

LordOfTheGun
03-30-2011, 11:44 AM
From out of the shadows, and the mist, I have returned

LordOfTheGun
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
man, it has been a long time. how is everyone? I have been 1 busy man. working way too hard, going to canada next week. Can't wait for the movies. :)

Shannon
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello all. My name is Shannon. More later, but firstly ... why are my messages not posting and/or the "moderators" not accepting them? And why can't I message people to ask about this? I would like to be a part of the forum, but I seem to be hitting a dead end I doubt this message will even work. Testing testing, one two three ...

Shannon

P.S. Yay it worked! Now why won't it let me write on the other forums ... Hmmmm, gonna try again in the Pride And Joy thread. OK, bye!

harrison ryan
03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello all. My name is Shannon. More later, but firstly ... why are my messages not posting and/or the "moderators" not accepting them? And why can't I message people to ask about this? I would like to be a part of the forum, but I seem to be hitting a dead end I doubt this message will even work. Testing testing, one two three ...

Shannon

P.S. Yay it worked! Now why won't it let me write on the other forums ... Hmmmm, gonna try again in the Pride And Joy thread. OK, bye!

My guess is your name may have been flagged by the forum's anti-spam system. And you can't private message someone until you have five posts. Now that an admin has approved your message and it posted, you probably won't run into any more problems. I'm new myself, but this is what I gathered from reading the forum rules.

Shannon
03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks brotha! :)

Jean
03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Shannon
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
OK, and now for my fifth post, I shall properly introduce myself.

My name is Shannon, 26 year old white male. Born in New York, grew up in North Carolina, currently stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been in the military for about six years, been in Las Vegas for two. I love it here. I am a 24 hour a day person, I need a 24 hour a day city. :)

I work with bombs for the Air Force. Build them, store them, deliver them to the flightline, load them onto planes. Sounds slightly interesting, it is not. It is mindless, repetitive work, and I hate it. But I love the benefits. Perfect example: my left kidney decided to die on me three years ago and they had to take it out. Between tests, hospital visits, surgery, medicine, all that, it would have cost over fifteen thousand dollars. I didn't have to pay one cent of that. THAT'S why I "shut up and color" at my job. You can't beat safety and security like that, you know? And one day, if and when I have a wife and kids, they'll be taken care of also. And that's just one of the benefits ... But so on and so on, onto the good stuff!

In addition to my military job, I also buy and sell things locally, using the internet, Craigslist mostly. I primarily deal with DVDs and Blu-Rays, but I sometimes do books, comic books, trading cards, movie posters, action figures, toys, board games, electronics, some artwork ... Anything that will make me a dollar, I'm on it. :)

I just started my Stephen King collection, I'm kind of OCD about keeping lists about everything. I'm currently in the middle of compiling a SK bibliography. I know there are "complete" bibliographies out there, but there always seems to be something a little "incomplete" about them, no? But anyway, as soon as I'm done, if I'm ever done, lol, I'm sure I'll be pimping it out to everyone that wants it. It's so damn detailed, it's ridiculous. If you could put every piece of information you ever found online about Stephen King's books, short stories, anthologies, essays, everything, and put it into one excel spreadsheet, you would almost have what I am doing. :)

Like I said, I just started my collection, and my goal at the moment is to collect every first edition main book of his, as well as every S/L, as well as the first appearance of every short story and nonfiction he's done. Once that's done I'm sure I'll move onto Artist Editions and Foreign Copies and ARCs and so on. But I need to start with this, or else I'll just collect everything with no clear direction, you know?

Anyway, hello. I'm online almost 24/7 (I have to pretend I'm working while at work, but I'm still here online, lol) so I'll talk with you all a lot. :)

Until then,
Shannon

Jimimck
03-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Hey Shannon, welcome to the site.
I'm based in new Zealand, and only really started collecting the more special type king books last year, but have been purchasing US & Uk first editions for a while now. Its great fun hunting them out, and within no time, you'll have heaps of cool new items to shre with the group here.

Yak soon
James

Jon
03-31-2011, 11:55 AM
WELCOME

harrison ryan
03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Good luck in your collecting endeavors, Shannon! I do hope you collect for personal satisfaction and a love of Stephen King's work, and not just to turn a profit (although there's nothing wrong with that!).

Shannon
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Good luck in your collecting endeavors, Shannon! I do hope you collect for personal satisfaction and a love of Stephen King's work, and not just to turn a profit (although there's nothing wrong with that!).

I tell everyone that everything I own is for sale, with the exception of two things: My Stephen King Collection, and My McFarlane Toys Collection, lol

Although, I have to tell you, it did intrigue me a bit when I bought Legacies S/L for $250 one day and then saw copies of it on Ebay selling for $400 the next week ... But even if I did that, it would be to buy more Stephen King books, lol

harrison ryan
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM

I tell everyone that everything I own is for sale, with the exception of two things: My Stephen King Collection, and My McFarlane Toys Collection, lol

Although, I have to tell you, it did intrigue me a bit when I bought Legacies S/L for $250 one day and then saw copies of it on Ebay selling for $400 the next week ... But even if I did that, it would be to buy more Stephen King books, lol

Cool. I look forward to seeing what you get as your collection grows. I'm trying to resist the urge to collect all the 1st/1st's myself, because once I start the dreaded completist streak in me will hit and that will be all she wrote. Plus, I'm too poor. So for now, I'm trying to stick to a more vicarious form of satisfaction by checking out the collections of others...

Hannah
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
OK, and now for my fifth post, I shall properly introduce myself.

My name is Shannon, 26 year old white male. Born in New York, grew up in North Carolina, currently stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been in the military for about six years, been in Las Vegas for two. I love it here. I am a 24 hour a day person, I need a 24 hour a day city. :)

I work with bombs for the Air Force. Build them, store them, deliver them to the flightline, load them onto planes. Sounds slightly interesting, it is not. It is mindless, repetitive work, and I hate it. But I love the benefits. Perfect example: my left kidney decided to die on me three years ago and they had to take it out. Between tests, hospital visits, surgery, medicine, all that, it would have cost over fifteen thousand dollars. I didn't have to pay one cent of that. THAT'S why I "shut up and color" at my job. You can't beat safety and security like that, you know? And one day, if and when I have a wife and kids, they'll be taken care of also. And that's just one of the benefits ... But so on and so on, onto the good stuff!

In addition to my military job, I also buy and sell things locally, using the internet, Craigslist mostly. I primarily deal with DVDs and Blu-Rays, but I sometimes do books, comic books, trading cards, movie posters, action figures, toys, board games, electronics, some artwork ... Anything that will make me a dollar, I'm on it. :)

I just started my Stephen King collection, I'm kind of OCD about keeping lists about everything. I'm currently in the middle of compiling a SK bibliography. I know there are "complete" bibliographies out there, but there always seems to be something a little "incomplete" about them, no? But anyway, as soon as I'm done, if I'm ever done, lol, I'm sure I'll be pimping it out to everyone that wants it. It's so damn detailed, it's ridiculous. If you could put every piece of information you ever found online about Stephen King's books, short stories, anthologies, essays, everything, and put it into one excel spreadsheet, you would almost have what I am doing. :)

Like I said, I just started my collection, and my goal at the moment is to collect every first edition main book of his, as well as every S/L, as well as the first appearance of every short story and nonfiction he's done. Once that's done I'm sure I'll move onto Artist Editions and Foreign Copies and ARCs and so on. But I need to start with this, or else I'll just collect everything with no clear direction, you know?

Anyway, hello. I'm online almost 24/7 (I have to pretend I'm working while at work, but I'm still here online, lol) so I'll talk with you all a lot. :)

Until then,
Shannon

Welcome to the site! It's always nice to meet another kind of OCD person who likes to keep lists. I'm that way myself. :D

Shannon
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Ahhh, who woulda thunk that when I joined TDT.org, I woulda found my soulmate?

Stephen King fan AND slightly OCD? Heaven. :)

Jezminda
04-03-2011, 05:13 AM
I've been an avid King reader for years, since I first read The Dead Zone. Thought it was time to embark on the Tower series.

I'm only on the 3rd, so thus far I think it'd have to be Susanna.

Of the series I;ve read, The Wastelands.
Aside from The Dark Tower, it'd have to be Dolores Clairborne.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Lincoln, UK.

do you have a nickname?
Nope, not that I get called to my face anyway :)

Randall Flagg
04-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the site.

beam*seeker
04-05-2011, 08:54 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was right in Barnes & Noble and when I saw that the series was "finished" I finally allowed myself to start and read thru the entire 7 book series. Of course I ran out between Drawing of the Three and the Wastelands to buy the 3rd installment since it was such a cliffhanger and after than I bought 2 at a time so I wouldn't be left hanging--say thankyou

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland (followed closely by Eddie and Cuthbert) for the DT series, for the entire King mythology I am fairly partial to Dolores Clairborne

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass (for the DT series) I also like DreamCatcher, Tommyknockers, and The Lord of the Rings as well as quite a few Lovecraft stories, The Call of Cthuthlu being a fave selection

How old are you? I plead the 5th on this one

Where are you from? Texas originally but I have been transplanted to Colorado for the past ten years, maybe in 10 more they will consider me an official almost native

do you have a nickname? I actually go by a diminutive form of my middle name, so all my life I have been known by that, not sure that counts or if I want to share it since it could potentially out me IRL but I was briefly called Sprout at one time in my apprenticeship

stone, rose, unfound door
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I discovered it when I was 13. I'd already read a few King books and I took the Gunslinger at random. I read the first sentence and I was hooked :)

Cuthbert.

SoS

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Paris, France

do you have a nickname?
Seg. But on .net & .com, I'm Jean's little gem ;)

Jean
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Little Gem!!! it's wonderful to see you back here

http://www.palagems.com/Images/gem_news/featured_garnet_57_12.jpg http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

stone, rose, unfound door
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
It's been a long long time :D Glad to be back too!

fernandito
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Beam Seeker, pleasure to have you here !

Deedee
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone!!!!! some of you may remind me as Diani of Gilead, I used to be a member a long time ago. I came back thanks to Jean and I am so excited! I have met so many wonderful people thanks to the Dark Tower. I have kept contact with many of them via facebook. I hope I get to meet more an more wonderful people this time around.
Yay let's have fun!!!! :nana:

SpaceMaN
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Deedee!

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jean
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Diani!!!!!!!!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Messages/whiterose_welcome.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/bear_heart.gif

Deedee
04-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Omg Spaceman!! How r you? Jean love :)

SpaceMaN
04-10-2011, 05:33 AM
I am doing well. Not spectacular, but well.

soloman63
04-10-2011, 05:43 AM
When I first read "The Dark Tower" back in the '70,s, my immediate thought was that it has to be made into a movie, but who to play Roland? After much consideration, I finally settled on Clint Eastwood, the "spaghetti-western / Dirty Harry" star. However, now he'd only be able to play Roland's grandfather (if such a character existed). Now, to discover that the Dark Tower will be a three movie deal with a limited TV series between movies AND to have Ron Howard directing with Javier Bardem (the psycho killer from "No Country For Old Men") as Roland, is like having a dream come true. I can now die a happy man, but not until I've seen all the movies/TV series and bought the DVD"s.

Cook
04-10-2011, 06:12 AM
When I first read "The Dark Tower" back in the '70,s, my immediate thought was that it has to be made into a movie, but who to play Roland? After much consideration, I finally settled on Clint Eastwood, the "spaghetti-western / Dirty Harry" star. However, now he'd only be able to play Roland's grandfather (if such a character existed). Now, to discover that the Dark Tower will be a three movie deal with a limited TV series between movies AND to have Ron Howard directing with Javier Bardem (the psycho killer from "No Country For Old Men") as Roland, is like having a dream come true. I can now die a happy man, but not until I've seen all the movies/TV series and bought the DVD"s.

Welcome Soloman63,
Nice to have you on board, I'm new to the site myself.
It's pretty fun & informative, when I can find the time.
P.S. did you mean the 80's?

soloman63
04-10-2011, 06:23 AM
I've been a fan of Steven King since reading "Carrie" for which he received an advance of $400,000 and started him on the road to fame and fortune. When The Dark Tower first appeared in the 70's, I remember reading it and being captivated by the main character, Roland. Some time back, I bought the final book in the series and, after starting to read it, put it aside and ordered the first six from Amazon.com. Reading the first one again was like coming home after being away on a long journey and finding a long-lost friend had returned. As I progressed through each book and shared in Roland's journey, the ending of the story in book VII surprised me at first, but realized that it was the only logical conclusion. To pick one as my favourite is, for me, impossible so I'll pick all of them. Many people find it interesting that a man in his 60's would be a fan of this type of fiction, but I think it's because there's a bit of Roland in all of us who followed him on his epic journey. Maybe being a former long-haul trucker from (and still living in) St. Catharines, Ontario had a certain influence on me or maybe it's because I've always been a avid reader. My CB handle was (and still is) "The Nightowl". Reason? Because I like to fly at night & don't give a "hoot"!!

soloman63
04-10-2011, 06:47 AM
To all who responded, thanks for the correction on the decade; it was in the '80,s (1982 to be exact) when I read The Dark Tower for the first time. When you get to be "old" (LOL) like me, you get confused easily.

dreimer1217
04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Greetings all. :) New here to this forum, but have been a fan of King's work since my mother allowed me to read The Shining at the age of 10 to just shut me up. I couldn't read his books fast enough after that, and that is still true to this day. The Dark Tower series, however, held my attention and adoration much more so than the other books. And to be real honest, when I FINALLY got to the end of the story, after 22 years of him publishing those books occasionally, I was shocked and angry at the end. At first. When I thought about it later, I realized that it really was the perfect ending for this story. It made sense. It's not what I wanted, but it made sense (and really, if I could get what I wanted, then I'd be able to write these books!!! LOL).

Any way, name is Dana, female, live in the southern US, in my 40's, friendly and don't bite. :) Glad to be here.

Jon
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
WELCOME!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jonbug/Welcome.jpg

Bryn Lucas
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I had heard it being discussed on the radio. Picked The Gunslinger up in a shop and read the first pages.....hooked

The Man in Black. Love the fact he is all over SK books. Just disappointed in his demise!

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Essex UK

do you have a nickname?
Not one i can put on a family friendly forum :evil:

beam*seeker
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
And I LOL'd that you were disappointed in the Man in Black's demise, I thought it quite fitting Bryn Lucas

Jean
04-13-2011, 07:34 AM

blitzen
04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Hello! I've been lurking for a couple of months. Maybe longer, I cant remember if i lurked before i actually joined or not :ninja:. anyway, i figured it was time to show my face.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My mom bought me the first three when i was younger. i think i was under 14, but i cant really remember. Either way, i had to wait for Wizard and Glass and thought I'd die before it came out.

Who is your favorite character? Oy! and Jake. and Callahan.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla

How old are you? 29

Where are you from? Texas

do you have a nickname? blitzen i suppose

Random stuff:
Least favorite dark tower book: Wizard and Glass. Everyone seems to love it, but i only like the beginning and end. The story of Susan and all that shouldve been a separate book in my opinion. (it was, and still is on re-reads) hard to switch gears from Topeka then back to Topeka. I liked both stories, it was just that they didn't (for lack of a better word) merge right. I didn't want to read the back story, i was totally caught up in them being in Topeka, then I got in to the back story and didn't want to switch back. it felt jarring.

Other random fact: I suck at capitalizing letters, I try and remember so as not to annoy people, but i mostly ignore it. I suck at spelling, but spell check is awesome. so no worries there.

MasterFFrost
04-18-2011, 12:29 AM

As long as I can remember, my mom's favorite author was Stephen King. So when I started to read for pleasure instead of just school, even though I never actually read the school books, King was my first choice. I started "simply" with the Tommyknockers. I remembered seeing the tv movie series and being really scared, so I fugred why not start there. After getting to be a huge King fan, I took on the Dark Tower. Changed my life.

The gunslingers of course. No one stood out more than the other. They were like my best friends while I read the book. Even started saying Thankee Sai.

Wizard and Glass. Thought he Drawing of the Three was a close second. Meeting the characters was great, but learning some history about Roland and his former Ka tet was great. Also learning a liottle about the wizard's rainbow was pretty cool.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Charleston, SC currently. St. Louis, Mo originally.

do you have a nickname?

SCUBA Steve and Red

Jean
04-18-2011, 02:08 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

srebmahc781ekaj
04-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I come in peace ... No really, I do. I swear. Just wanted to read thoughts and news regarding the movies/tv show. To those who don't care for me, I'll keep to myself. For those of you who do, hello. Sorry for any past troubles, I'm here for the tower, not heat.

beam*seeker
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
^^^^ I am good with all that and welcome, but can you tell me how to pronounce your forum name???

srebmahc781ekaj
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
^^^^ I am good with all that and welcome, but can you tell me how to pronounce your forum name???
Richard ... obviously.

Eddie-Dean
04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi,

i couldn't see where to post a quick hello, so here I am!

Started reading the Dark Tower books around 7 years ago and was lucky most of the books were out so didn't have a wait between books like the vetern beam followers.

2 years agao I got half way through the last book, but put it down (maybe I didn't want the journey to finish!?). Anyway finished the last book yesterday and have mixed feelings of the ending, but excited of the news of:
- alternative ending - new book - 3 movies and TV series!

I book the first 7 Marvel comics as well, but have not read.

I just hope and pray the TV series does it justice and does not get cancelled! Has the potential to be epic as long as someone of the quality of HBO (Boardwalk Empire, Soprano's, Wire..et) pick it up!

Hello from England, theres a door here as well!

beam*seeker
04-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Eddie, here's me raising a virtual cup of hot cocoa to you, mitt shlagg

Jean
04-19-2011, 07:22 AM
welcome Eddie!

this thread will be merged where it belongs http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

SirRipo
04-19-2011, 10:29 PM
An English teacher's recommendation in the 10th grade.

Eddie.

Wizard and Glass or Song of Susannah

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Green Bay, WI, US

do you have a nickname?
Ripo, for a kind of dumb reason XD

As an aside, a friend and I are trying to figure out how the Beams would lie on our map (where they would lie in our world). Part of the confusion comes from the fact that it's implied that Mid-world/End-world is flat. So would the beams lie tangential to our world? Or would they wrap around the globe?

hwvw23
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi guys and gals!!

I've had trouble with the account I had registered here, but I guess I haven't posted much anyway, so I think I should change that! My name is Hans by the way. :)

So, first, to answer the questions everyone else does:

A friend of mine, who also made me discover Stephen King's books in generally, has bought Hardcover editions of DT 1-3, and he wondered if I'd like to buy the Paperbacks from him. Luckily i did. Since then, I became addicted to DT, registered at the largest german Stephen King Fansite, (as "Roland of Gilead") a short while after I became Moderator in their Forum. That was sometime about 2002 I think. Well, that's the story.

Roland.

Tough. I'd say The Waste Lands. (close followed by Drawing of the three)

How old are you?

To old to remember my age. :D
Nah, I'm 28 so far.

Where are you from?
Germany, near Cologne.

do you have a nickname?
Yeah, apart from a few swearwords I hear they use to call me "Big William" (second name plus I'm not tiny)

Further questions, feel free to ask.

PS: That lady in my Avatar is Katie Melua, A musican I like. That fella next to her there is myself.

Cook
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi hwvw23,
Nice to meet you.
Hope you have fun, this is a interesting site.

Ric
04-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the ka-tet! Hope you stay awhile!

Jean
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gif

Sandy-sai
04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello, greetings, and I hope we are well met :) My name's Sandy.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found a battered copy of The Wizard & Glass in my local Library sometime in the summer of 1999. Not realising it was part if a series, but loving every book previously read by King, I read on. Even though I was a wee bit confused, I was hooked! It wasn't until I found The Gunslinger in a second hand shop some months later, that it all made sense. I was obsessed from there!

Who is your favorite character? This is a toughie! I think not only does it depend on the book I'm reading, it also depends on the mood I am in at the time. At the moment, I'm reading The Waste Lands, so it is Jake. Outside of the Ka-tet, it would be Susan-sai.

What is your favorite book? Wizard & Glass! The first book I read, and still holds a place in my heart.

How old are you? A woman never discloses this....but I'm 29 ;)

Where are you from? Small country in the UK, called Wales.

Do you have a nickname? Not really :(

Anyhoo, I wish you all long days and pleasant nights. And may you all find luck on the path of the beam ;)

Cook
04-24-2011, 11:03 AM

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found a battered copy of The Wizard & Glass in my local Library sometime in the summer of 1999. Not realising it was part if a series, but loving every book previously read by King, I read on. Even though I was a wee bit confused, I was hooked! It wasn't until I found The Gunslinger in a second hand shop some months later, that it all made sense. I was obsessed from there!

Who is your favorite character? This is a toughie! I think not only does it depend on the book I'm reading, it also depends on the mood I am in at the time. At the moment, I'm reading The Waste Lands, so it is Jake. Outside of the Ka-tet, it would be Susan-sai.

What is your favorite book? Wizard & Glass! The first book I read, and still holds a place in my heart.

How old are you? A woman never discloses this....but I'm 29 ;)

Anyhoo, I wish you all long days and pleasant nights. And may you all find luck on the path of the beam ;)

Very nice to meet you Sandi-Sai,
I'm new here myself (couple months)
Really fun site, hope you like your visits.

Sandy-sai
04-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Thanks Cook, for the kind welcome. I look forward to many hours of chatting about a subject very close to my heart :)

xx

Brice
04-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Welcome everyone!

I come in peace ... No really, I do. I swear. Just wanted to read thoughts and news regarding the movies/tv show. To those who don't care for me, I'll keep to myself. For those of you who do, hello. Sorry for any past troubles, I'm here for the tower, not heat.

Hmm...without you saying who you were we don't know if we liked you or not. LOL Anyhow, the past is just that for a reason.

beam*seeker
04-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Richard ... obviously. Well, glad you cleared it up, I thought you pronounced it "Bob" like the fellow in MIB II. Anyhoo, Welcome!

do you have a nickname?
Ripo, for a kind of dumb reason XD

As an aside, a friend and I are trying to figure out how the Beams would lie on our map (where they would lie in our world). Part of the confusion comes from the fact that it's implied that Mid-world/End-world is flat. So would the beams lie tangential to our world? Or would they wrap around the globe? Beams exist as roses in our world, not beams, so they grow towards the sunlight I think. I could be wrong about that tho'

And now you have us curious about the origin of your nick name.

Welcome!

Hi guys and gals!!

PS: That lady in my Avatar is Katie Melua, A musican I like. That fella next to her there is myself. HI Hans!

Anyhoo, I wish you all long days and pleasant nights. And may you all find luck on the path of the beam ;) And long days and pleasant nights to you as well Susan-sai

Stockerlone
04-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi guys and gals!!

I've had trouble with the account I had registered here, but I guess I haven't posted much anyway, so I think I should change that! My name is Hans by the way. :)

So, first, to answer the questions everyone else does:

A friend of mine, who also made me discover Stephen King's books in generally, has bought Hardcover editions of DT 1-3, and he wondered if I'd like to buy the Paperbacks from him. Luckily i did. Since then, I became addicted to DT, registered at the largest german Stephen King Fansite, (as "Roland of Gilead") a short while after I became Moderator in their Forum. That was sometime about 2002 I think. Well, that's the story.

Roland.

Tough. I'd say The Waste Lands. (close followed by Drawing of the three)

How old are you?

To old to remember my age. :D
Nah, I'm 28 so far.

Where are you from?
Germany, near Cologne.

do you have a nickname?
Yeah, apart from a few swearwords I hear they use to call me "Big William" (second name plus I'm not tiny)

Further questions, feel free to ask.

PS: That lady in my Avatar is Katie Melua, A musican I like. That fella next to her there is myself.

Hi,

schön dich HIER zu SEHEN :excited:

hwvw23
04-26-2011, 10:04 AM
thanks for the warm welcome everyone, (nice to see you too, Stocker! ;))

TooterFish
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Hile, fellow Dark Tower follwers. :D

Nice to find a forum on the DT. Finishing up on the last book now. Well...

How did I discover the Dark Tower?

--naturally. I have been reading King since middle school, and once King completed all of the series, I finally found the time (while my husband is deployed) and started reading. I started in March and in two months I am on the last one. :)

Fav Character? Tie between Roland and Jake

Fav Book? The Drawing of the Three....of King's works, IT

Age 33 Born Winchester, Virginia Nickname: many.... :D

Glad to have found you guys! Long Days and Pleasant Nights. :) My profile pic is of my 1st Dark Tower tattoo. I would like to get a sleeve done paying hommage to the DT....

Jon
04-28-2011, 04:24 AM
WELCOME!!!

Cook
04-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Hile, fellow Dark Tower follwers. :D

Nice to find a forum on the DT. Finishing up on the last book now. Well...

How did I discover the Dark Tower?

--naturally. I have been reading King since middle school, and once King completed all of the series, I finally found the time (while my husband is deployed) and started reading. I started in March and in two months I am on the last one. :)

Fav Character? Tie between Roland and Jake

Fav Book? The Drawing of the Three....of King's works, IT

Age 33 Born Winchester, Virginia Nickname: many.... :D

Glad to have found you guys! Long Days and Pleasant Nights. :) My profile pic is of my 1st Dark Tower tattoo. I would like to get a sleeve done paying hommage to the DT....

Tooterfish,

Welcome to the show!! Please pull up a chair and sit for a while :)

TooterFish
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
thanks for the welcome! Nice pic Cook, isnt that one of the posters than hung in Andy's cell in The Shawshank Redemption? :)

fernandito
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Greetings, TooterFish !

Cook
04-28-2011, 05:16 PM
thanks for the welcome! Nice pic Cook, isnt that one of the posters than hung in Andy's cell in The Shawshank Redemption? :)

Why yes it is indeed, thanks for noticing. (you are the 1st to mention)
This picture has always made me smile.

harrison ryan
04-28-2011, 05:21 PM

Why yes it is indeed, thanks for noticing. (you are the 1st to mention)
This picture has always made me smile.

She is the title character, after all.

kluker
04-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Greetings to all new comers!

LadyHitchhiker
04-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Greetings and salutations! Hope you enjoy your new home!

TooterFish
05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Yay! I figured it was Cook...and yes lol, that is the title lady in the Shawshank story.

I have just finished the last book of The Dark Tower. Wow. I can't even put into words what all I am thinking/feeling. I am sad, but far from dissappointed. To sum it all up, if Roland has hope, then someone like me can have it too. And I say thankya

Cook
05-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Yay! I figured it was Cook...and yes lol, that is the title lady in the Shawshank story.

I have just finished the last book of The Dark Tower. Wow. I can't even put into words what all I am thinking/feeling. I am sad, but far from dissappointed. To sum it all up, if Roland has hope, then someone like me can have it too. And I say thankya

Not quite the last book.
King has a pre/mid/sequel whatever it's called, coming out next year.

Oy!Oy!
05-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Hello everyone! I chose the name Oy!Oy! cause I loved that perky character!I'm new here and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.Dont have an avatar yet.Just heard of this site from the SK site today. So far this looks like a great place to be! I am married to a wonderful man and have two grown children (sons-one of whom is married) and three adorable grandchildren:11 & 8 yr.old boys and our lil 9month old princess. We're working real hard to spoil her rotten!lol. Thanks for allowing me into your site and I appreciate the opportunity to chat with you about the Dark Towers series! Course I love many of--ok most of SK's books but the DT's hold a special place in my readers heart!
Long days pleasant nights!

Jean
05-05-2011, 12:04 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

Cook
05-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Hello everyone! I chose the name Oy!Oy! cause I loved that perky character!I'm new here and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.Dont have an avatar yet.Just heard of this site from the SK site today. So far this looks like a great place to be! I am married to a wonderful man and have two grown children (sons-one of whom is married) and three adorable grandchildren:11 & 8 yr.old boys and our lil 9month old princess. We're working real hard to spoil her rotten!lol. Thanks for allowing me into your site and I appreciate the opportunity to chat with you about the Dark Towers series! Course I love many of--ok most of SK's books but the DT's hold a special place in my readers heart!
Long days pleasant nights!

Oy!Oy!

“Welcome ever smiles..... And farewell goes out sighing.”

Very nice to meet you

The Gasherman
05-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.

Merlin1958
05-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello my wery pert adventurers!

So many great characters, but Eddie and Gasher are my favorites.

My favorite book is The Wastelands. The stretch of the tale from the Send crossing to Blaine's doom is probably the most interesting stuff I have ever read. Although I was rightly peeved at the ending with no continuation in sight.

The South Florida Swamplands, but currently reside in Plano, TX.

Satchel

I got into the DT series when my friend Justin loaned me the first three books in 94.

Well met and Welcome Gasherman!!!!!

Cook
05-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Gasherman,

As they say in Texas; "We've howdied but we ain't shook yet"
Welcome to the Tower!

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Cook? Are the one who poisoned the children? LOL

Cook
05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Cook? Are the one who poisoned the children? LOL

I'm laughing, but maybe I should be scared?
Your gonna have to help me on this one... I'm so confused, is there something I missed? :)

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Have you not gotten that far in the dark tower series that you wouldn't get the reference?

Don't be scared. It's just a joke.

Besides. I'm mostly harmless.

Cook
05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Looks like now is the time for a reread, it has been awhile.
Thanks.. Nice to meet you.

bango steve
05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello! I've been trying for a while to get my posts to go through, looks like it might work this time...and sucess!

bango steve
05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
...and sucess!

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I'd hate to put any spoilers in here, Cook... but when you DO re-read it, perhaps you will laugh at the joke...

The Road Virus
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

My best friend/ next door neighbor introduced me to them when we were 12, Eddie or Roland, WAG or DotT, 20 (birthday at the end of the month, finally) from Chicago, TRV or D

Cook
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd hate to put any spoilers in here, Cook... but when you DO re-read it, perhaps you will laugh at the joke...

Now I can't wait, believe me the mind (memory) really is the first thing... What was I saying?

TooterFish
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Got the DT Concordance the other day..its actually pretty awesome! I recommend it. :) And yes, Cook, I am looking forward to SKs new DT book. :D (I have been a SK library member since 2000)