PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

alinda
08-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Welcome to you :couple: i am sure that you will love this site as much as we do ...come on in! :D

Brice
08-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Welcome, new friends! :)

Jon
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
WELCOME!!

Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum?
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My Mom introduced me to it back in 2000, now I'm doing a re-read =)

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland Deschain & Jake Chambers

What is your favorite book? The first: The Gunslinger (not the revised version >__<)

How old are you? Not too old, but not too young

Where are you from? Far away

Hope to see everyone around in the forum! :)

Matt
08-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice to meet you, welcome to the site. I love the avatar. :thumbsup:

Jon
08-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Welcome!

George at C-Springs
08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Howdy all. I've been lurking here and over at StephenKingCollector for a long time, finally got off my duff and registered. I've been reading King since I was a kid (my first book was my Mom's copy of The Dead Zone, roundabouts 1980 I would guess) but didn't start serious collecting until recently. I'm working on a collection of Proofs/ARCs (have a whopping 17 at the moment) and I love Remarques so am doing that also. I just picked up a set of DT 2-7 proofs this weekend; I have a nice remarque of Low Men in Yellow Coats by Vincent Chong (it's technically from Stephen King Goes to the Movies); and a Little Sisters of Eluria PC of the s/l 1250 with a Whelan crimson king eye doodle above his signature. I've bid on a few of the Ned Dameron Waste Lands remarques, but no success so far (shallow pockets). So, on to the mandatory questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I bought paperback copies of DT 1 & 2 at the Stars and Stripes bookstore at Clark Air Base, Philippines in December 1989. I know this because for the past 25 years or so, every book that I've bought I've written inside where and when I bought it, signed it, and then as I read the book anything interesting that was going on I also wrote in there on those nice blank white pages at the beginning and end ... kind of like a diary, but in books. You could take them all, arrange them by date read, and know my life. Got the idea from my Grandfather (he died in 1969) after finding one of his books with his signature and notes. Before you grimace too deeply, no I don't do it with the good stuff ... only in the reading copies. Figure it'll be something cool for my kids years from now.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Don't laugh, but Bango Skank ... I picture him as some world-hopping, time-travelling tourist from before the Prim, perhaps he was one of the Great Old Ones. Maybe he was really Gan? I eagerly await the day that his character is explored.

What is your favorite book?

Any one that I don't have to wait 6 or 7 years for the next one in the series!

How old are you? 44

Where are you from?

Originally Fall River, Massachusetts but entered the Air Force at 18 and since then have lived in Mississippi, Florida, Philippines, Arizona, Italy, Alaska, Honduras, and Germany with big side trips to Panama, Colombia, Spain, Saudi Arabia, and a ton of other places in between (I think I've hit 45 states and 25countries). After all that, Massachusetts isn't really home ... hopefully it'll be Italy and/or Florida in the end.

Do you have a nickname?

I have been Jorge' (pronounced Horhay, George in spanish) for as long as I can remember. Don't have a latino bone in my body, but that's what it is and it stuck after spending so much time in the southern latitudes.

Matt
08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the site Jorge, it is great to meet you. I think that is a cool idea about when you read books. My kids would love to have that kind of stuff when I was gone.

Not on the good ones of course. :ninja:

Jean
08-23-2010, 10:31 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_bear_1.gif

BROWNINGS CHILDE
08-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Welcome Jorge!

Brice
08-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Welcome! :)

ILoveOy
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Hello everyone, dont quite know how to start this, so I'll just stick with the questionaire.

Right around "The Drawing of the Three" I was working at Wal-Mart late at night... I got bored and started looking through the pathetic book section. Luckily "Wizard and Glass" was about to come out, so they re-released all the paperbacks, or Walmart just decided it would be a great time to start carrying them again. I was hooked. Can't tell you how mad I was to wait years for "The Wolves of the Calla"

Good, sweet, loyal Oy! His tears are my tears.

The last one.... no..no... "The Drawing of the Three" I liked meeting my peeps... no..no.. "Wizard and Glass" Roland's back story rocks.

How old are you?
Too old to be hanging out on fan sites.

Where are you from?
Good ole sunny southern CA

do you have a nickname?
Coyote, but Oy will do

Jon
08-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Welcome!!!

Matt
08-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey there Oy, great to meet you.

Have fun on the site. :clap:

DT1999
08-27-2010, 07:40 AM

My dad read them all as they came out so I've always had access to them. A friend is also a big fan of the series and my brother had started it as well.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland

Hard to choose but it would have to be Wizard & Glass or The Dark Tower

How old are you?

Where are you from?

VA

Matt
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey DT. Welcome to the site. I love hearing how the story is being passed down to the next generation. I couldn't get any of my kids into it. <_<

Jean
08-27-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

primroseburrows
08-28-2010, 06:18 AM
I just finished The Gunslinger and am about 100 pages into The Drawing of the Three.

Wow, welcome!. To say I envy you is a vast understatement.

DT1999
08-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I just finished The Gunslinger and am about 100 pages into The Drawing of the Three.

Wow, welcome!. To say I envy you is a vast understatement.

Me too...

alinda
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Gosh, I remember my first read of DoTT , Welcome to the site, and
I too think thats an envyable place to be.

Jon
08-29-2010, 10:03 AM
WELCOME!!!!

Sandalwood79
08-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone,

My name's Keaton. I ran across this site while doing routine research into The Dark Tower series, which I have once again picked up after a few years have passed upon concluding my own little quest for the tower. Ironically (ka?) I was 19 when I first began reading The Gunslinger, and it occupied a great deal of mine time way back when.

I had been re-reading The Stand, which I also had not read for some time, and found myself always thinking back on The Tower, and decided, 'oh hell, time to break into those spines again.'

Regrettably, I no longer had my old copies of The Gunslinger or Drawing of the III, so I started on Wastelands, figuring 'hell, I'll just read the other two once I get done with book VII. I mean, The Gunslinger is practically the next book after that (minus the Horn). Ka is a wheel, do ya kennit?', and as I write this, not a week after starting Wastelands, I am now 200 pages into Wizard & Glass. I'm very pleased to be back in these ever-turning levels of the Tower, and am glad I've waited at least this long to return; there's a familiarity as I read them again (like deja-vu'), but just out of memory enough to still be surprising and like-new.

So, already I've elaborated quite thickly, so I'll get to the questions :)

How did you discover The Dark Tower?

-Among a tight-knit circle of friends in my youth, with variant backgrounds, ages and lives there was another smaller inner-circle of compatriots who were avid fans of the book. My Dad had an ancient issue of The Gunslinger, begrudgingly forcing Roland to begin his quest anew once more, just for me.

-Roland, unquestioningly. I think the reasons why are self-evident :) But a second favorite would be Cuthbert.

-Don Quixote or The Once and Future King. I am fond of tales regarding Knights and chivalry (both imaginary, and ernest), and thus it is no surprise that I would be so fond, likewise, of The Dark Tower. I did read The Dark Tower first, however, and may owe much of my adoration to the first two books because of Mr. King. But I suppose the question is meant to be which of the DT books I like best, and I would have to say Wizard & Glass (or) The Dark Tower, although in all honesty I think Jake discovering The Rose amid the garbage in the abandoned lot in New York from Waste Lands is among one of the very best written literary passages I have ever read.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

-Born and raised in Arizona.

Well, I think I've taken up enough space. I look forward to reading some of the threads and getting to the bottom of some of my long-time questions regarding the epic in it's entirety, and making some posts from time to time.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that I have never been a 'member' of any web forum ever before, so (Bear) with me as all of this is quite new to me :) Pleasure to be here!

-ksZ

Matt
08-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey Sandalwood, great to meet you. Very nice intro as we love to hear all kinds of stories about how people found us and The Dark Tower.

You have officially found the path of the beam. I put spoiler tags around a bit of your post that gave away the end, some people visit here on their first read.

Again, great to meet you.

Jean
08-30-2010, 12:18 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Sandalwood79
08-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks Matt! Good to be here :)

Thanks for adding the spoiler tag to my post. Is there a way I can do this myself so I don't give anything away to first-timers?

Matt
08-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Yep, there should be a "radiological" sign in your tool bar. Highlight the text and click that.

It puts [spoiler] tags on both sides of the text. :thumbsup:

RainInSpain
08-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Hi Sandalwood - great to see another person whose DT adventures began at 19 y.o. (My story is a couple pages up.)
Yes, it's definitely ka at work :)

snakebit
09-01-2010, 10:33 PM

I started to read steven king books started with Eyes of the dragon, then the talisman a friend of mine was reading the DT and I picked it up from there

wow! thats hard to choose. I like so many characters both good and bad. if I had to choose one I would say Eddie

from the dark tower serries I would say drawing of the three. all time favorite king book I would say needfull things

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Boston, Ma

Jean
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome1.gif

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Welcome new DT Junkies!

ChristafanofKing
09-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Hello,
This is my first post, I found the site yesterday. I am on my second reading of the DT series currently on book 7 so it looks like I am heading into the final stretch.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? When I was 12 I spent the summer with my real father and my stepmom, my room was normally the "library" and next to my bed was a bookshelf bursting with everything Stephen King. This was 1985, I don't remember seeing Dark Tower but I did snatch up Cujo and that is where my (slightly one-sided) relationship with Sai King began. From that moment I gobbled up everything he put out. I did not love the Gunslinger the first time I read it but as a faithful fan I consumed each new book in the series. To this day I still dream of Thunderclap on bad days so I thought it was time to re-visit the series.

Who is your favorite charcter? I have to go with Eddie Dean on this one.

What is your favorite book? Tough call....probably Wolves of the Calla

How old are you? 37

Where are you from? Navy brat from everywhere, lived in 13 states, 17 different schools growing up and four different countries (U.S., Scotland, England and Italy)

do you have a nickname? Not that I'll tell strangers ;)

Woofer
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Woof! Welcome to our humble abode.

Jean
09-03-2010, 04:04 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome178868103.jpg

Matt
09-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Hey Christa, welcome to the site.

Hopefully we won't be strangers long and can get that nickname. :lol:

Jon
09-04-2010, 08:45 AM
WELCOME!!!!

starla
09-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Becca and I'm from Texas, about an hour north of Austin. I'm a graphic designer by trade (just started my own freelance business!) and a huge DT fan.

I've read the first 4 books countless times, the 5th probably 3 times, the 6th twice, and last night I just finished the 7th for the first time. I waited so long I think because I couldn't bear the thought of it ending, but I finally had to know how it all turned out. I avoided spoilers for the last book and am glad! I was disconsolate last night but I'm recovering now! Haha...

Anyway, so glad to have a place to discuss the books and read so many amazing opinions and insights! I love this place already! :)

fernandito
09-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Starla ! Welcome to the site :)

Jean
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

MikeDuke
09-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Hello everybody. New member here. I am just starting the Dark Tower series for the first time. So far I like LSOE very much. Can't wait to see where the adventure takes me.

turtlex
09-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the site, Mike!

Since you're new to the stories, be careful of SPOILERS as you find your way around!

MikeDuke
09-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Yea, I am watching where I am going. Trying not get ahead of the story. Just have about 4,000 pages to go until I am completley done:panic:. But I will enjoy the trip.

turtlex
09-09-2010, 07:18 AM
It's a story worth the trip ! :grouphug: Welcome.

Jean
09-09-2010, 07:18 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

MikeDuke
09-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for rolling out the carpet for me Jean. I already feel at home.

ChildeRoland
09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Long days and pleasant nights all. Glad to join this palaver.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My path on the beam started in third grade I recieved IT as a gift from my sister. My mother not knowing what it contained allowed me to be seduced. Shortly after christmas we were heading from Michigan to Iowa. Mother stopped at an oasis and suggested i pick up a new book I chose The Waste Lands. I started there boy a mistake on my part. After that i chose to start from the begining.

Who is your favorite charcter? Susan Delgado Her humanity intrigues me.

What is your favorite book? Wizard n Glass

How old are you?
Where are you from?
Indiana

do you have a nickname? Billy

Jean
09-10-2010, 12:26 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-2.jpg

alinda
09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
That's awesome Jean,

Welcome Billy to the best darned site anywhere. :grouphug:

Matt
09-10-2010, 04:47 AM
There are some strong feelings about Susan going both ways on the site Billy.

Great to meet you, welcome. :cowboy:

SynysterSaint
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
To everyone who has joined in my nearly two month stint from the site, Welcome!

Jon
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
WELCOME!

loneharrier83
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I love stephen king always have i just stumbled onto it

it'd have to be between roland and jake
the wizard and the glass. It kinda explains y roland is how he is

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Milwaukee,Wisconsin born and raised

do you have a nickname T6

Jean
09-13-2010, 01:58 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeWolf.jpg

alinda
09-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Welcome loneharrier :harrier:

santuris
09-20-2010, 04:51 AM

..been reading a lot of SKīs books when I was younger..then, just lately, had some interest in fantasy again. And thus it happened..

Hard to say. Might be due to the fact that I just finished the last book yesterday, but I thought the idea of Dandelo was pretty neat..a demon living of the emotions of other people..sucking them up.

But thatīs more technical "liking" I guess..I like the idea of the character..and I guess, this episode could have been a bit longer..anyway, Iīm getting lost.

Favorite character: Cuthbert Allgood... the most sympathetic of them all. For me, that is.. ^^

Wizard & Glass

How old are you?

28 years

Where are you from?
Germany

do you have a nickname?

quite many. lets say "el"

Jean
09-20-2010, 05:09 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-1.jpg

Brice
09-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Welcome! :)

indytiger44
09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone! I just found this site and love it! Let me take a crack at this.

I had a friend recommend The Gunslinger to me and after that I was hooked. I read all of them within the next few months.

By far my favorite is Roland.

In the series: Wizard and Glass. I know that might not be everyone else's favorite but I liked the flashback into Roland's younger days.
In all of King's: Under the Dome is amazing!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Baton Rouge, LA

do you have a nickname?
Several...most not appropriate for a forum :innocent:

DoctorDodge
09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
do you have a nickname?
Several...most not appropriate for a forum :innocent:

You'd be pretty surprised on here, indy. Although this board has rules, a ban on swearing is not one of them! :D Welcome to the board, btw!

Matt
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey indytiger, great to meet you.

And what DD said there is right, we pretty much go with natural King dialogue around here.

My wife has some nicknames for me that I wouldn't mention here only because it would be way TMI. :lol:

johnnyonthespot1
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Hello, everyone! I have been checking out this website for the past few months and I must say that I am so happy to have discovered it!

I started reading the Dark Tower series this summer and have made it through the first four books. I am just now beginning Wolves of the Calla and can't wait to see how the tale is going to unfold.

Here we go... an answer to your riddles:

I honestly don't remember. I think I heard about it a long time ago and it kind of stuck in my mind. I thought, "Hmmm... that sounds interesting. I should read it someday." Every summer for the past few years I have re-read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series, but this time I figured I'd give a different series a chance, so I decided to get into the world of the Dark Tower.

Obviously Roland is great, but I really love Sheemie! I read the first three comic series while reading Wizard and Glass, and thought he was just the coolest character ever. I nearly died from laughter when Rhea asked Sheemie to come into her hut so she could "lick his mushroom" and Sheemie replied, "fell off, it did, just the other day!" So funny.

From the Dark Tower series, I would have to say Wizard and Glass, followed close behind by The Drawing of the Three. I am just now starting Wolves of the Calla, so my favorite may change by the time I finish the whole series.

Outside of the Dark Tower series, my favorite books are probably One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

How old are you?
I am 30 years old.

Where are you from?
I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC. Went to college in Chapel Hill, NC. I am now a teacher in Ahoskie, NC. If I keep on moving east, I might end up in the Atlantic Ocean soon!

do you have a nickname?
Some of my friends call me J-Cube or John-Boy.

Matt
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey J-Cube--welcome to the site.

Watch out for spoilers on the rest of your books as you travel along the path of the beam

Jean
09-20-2010, 11:09 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

My wife has some nicknames for me that I wouldn't mention here only because it would be way TMI. :lol:
Do tell the bears, Matt. You can always spoiler-tag them as unsafe for work.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome everyone!

John Blaze
09-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Welcome all!

Brice
09-21-2010, 04:23 AM

Do tell the bears, Matt. You can always spoiler-tag them as unsafe for work.

Get out your brillo pad and some ajax so you can scrub your brain clean when he's done.

Johnny, it's nice to have another North Carolinian. Where is Ahoskie?

indytiger-Short of abusive language/discriminitory speech verbally pretty much anything goes here. Nothing really is TMI unless you want it to be.

JustSomeone
09-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm Pike. Thanks for having a rad site.

I've known about it for years but hadn't read it.

Oy

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?
Pike, I guess.

Letti
09-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the board, Pike. rose: Long days and pleasant nights.

Mrs.Roland.Of.Gilead
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi,

I just signed up...and so far im a little confused about the site. I LOVE Stephen King and all his work, but i think the Dark Tower has to be the best EVER. I've been looking for a forum on the DT forever, hope i have finally found a good place!! :)

Book club when i was in high school. I saw the book (DT 1- Gunslinger) was by Stephen King so i knew it would be a good read. I read it, loved it, and introduced all my friends to it and they fell in love too!!

By my username, i think its obvious!! lol. but in close 2nd and tied are Jake and Eddie.

Please don't make me choose!! I love them all!!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Evansville, Indiana

do you have a nickname?
Quite a few

Matt
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Great to meet you Mrs. Roland.

We are actually in the middle of transition now but the site will be strong forever.

Glad you found us and I look forward to reading your posts. :nana:

Jean
09-29-2010, 11:45 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

Seneschal
09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
hello all...my real name is doug and i have read thru this forum on and off for a while now, dipping back in when i go on one of my rereading kicks (i am on one now).

How did you discover the Dark Tower? i was always a king fan. one day i skipped a college class and ended up in barnes and noble. i had heard mention of the dark tower before but didnt know anyone who read it. i picked it up and sat in the store and started reading The Gunslinger. read half the book on the spot and the rest is history. i tore through the first 5 books in roughly 6 weeks.

Who is your favorite charcter? tough one. either roland, jake, or the lobstrosities. mostly because i wanted to catch, kill, and eat one.

What is your favorite book? wizard and glass. masterpiece.

How old are you? 30 and counting

Where are you from? toms river, NJ. you either know that town for winning the Little League World Series, the absurd amount of camry hijackings in the mid 90s, or as a cancer cluster. go TR!

do you have a nickname? doug e fresh, obviously.

Matt
09-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey doug e fresh, that's a fun nickname!

Welcome to the site. Great to meet you along the path of the beam.

Jinny Dickens
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, although I've become the SK fan since I was 16, I was literally forced to read The Dark Tower by the guy I liked, in my 21, this year. I wanted to read it after many of his other books. So far, my favorite is The drawing of the three.
I am from Serbia, so I'm begging you, ignore my bad English. :doh:
Greetings to you all! :excited:

alkanto
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome, Jinny! :dance:

Matt
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the site Jinny. Great to meet you.

Jean
09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welmoose-bear-lg.jpg

Jinny Dickens
10-01-2010, 03:21 AM
God, I love you all!!! :grouphug:

Jean
10-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Love us, Jinny, we deserve it! :rose: :rose: :rose:

bears already love you too... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

Seneschal
10-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Hey doug e fresh, that's a fun nickname!

Welcome to the site. Great to meet you along the path of the beam.

thank you, long days and pleasant nights

Nite Vizhun
10-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi All, I just stumbled upon this site yesterday. I've been rereading the series these past couple weeks (near the end of Wizard & Glass now), and I happened to be at the store when I stumbled upon a turtle-shaped car air freshener. I decided to buy it and hang it in my car. When my daughter saw it, she asked me if it had a name. I said "skoldpadda." After that I wanted to learn more about the word skoldpadda, so I googled it, and this site was the second hit. The rest, as they say, is ka.

Onto the questions:

Completely by accident. When I was a kid, I read Carrie. It freaked me out. Then I read Pet Sematary. That really creeped me out, so I stopped reading Stephen King. Then, about 15 years later, I decided to pick up a couple of his books. I blindly chose Eyes of the Dragon and The Gunslinger. I read Dragon first and loved it. But then I read The Gunslinger and was bowled over. I rushed to get The Drawing of the Three, and proceeded to read every Dark Tower book published at the time (up to Wizard & Glass) and every other book with tie-ins.

Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven

Probably The Waste Lands, but Drawing of the Three and Wolves of the Calla are close behind.

How old are you?
40. :angry:

Where are you from?
North Shore of Massachusetts, about a half hour north of Boston.

do you have a nickname?
People usually call me Nite with this handle. I came up with it in the late 90's when I joined "The Bronze", a Buffy the Vampire Slayer site. Nite Vizhun = Night Vision. *shrug

Jean
10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
How old are you?
40. :angry:
yeah, I agree, quite immature... this age lacks substance, I still remember my 40 - although vaguely... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Matt
10-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Great to meet you Nite. What a great way to find us, I had no idea that word was bringing people here.

All things serve the beam. :rock:

alinda
10-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Welcome !There are so many new commers may I group welcome you all as we group hug ? :grouphug:

Jon
10-06-2010, 01:10 PM
WELCOME to us all!!!!!!

John Blaze
10-06-2010, 01:23 PM
WELCOME ALL!

kluker
10-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Have no Idea if i've done this yet..

My husband wouldn't stop pestering me to read Gunslinger..so I caved and been hooked.

Jake and Oy

Wizarding Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Billings MT

do you have a nickname?
Sure do. Momma, Sissy, Dork and many others

John Blaze
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome back, Katie. Is Will a member? If not, get his ass in here!

kluker
10-06-2010, 05:57 PM
He isn't don't know if I can't get him in or not but i'll try

John Blaze
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Do. any DT fan needs to be in here.

I remember when I first read The Gunslinger, I walked around "shadow drawing" on everyone I worked with and knew. :lol: I'm such a nerdy fanboy.

maerlyns_rainbow
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Maerlyns_Rainbow is my name. I am not new to the site, I was a pretty active member several years ago. But college started and things got busy, if ya ken it. I recently starting re-reading TDT again for the third time and so of course I typed it into google and once again found this wonderful website. I am a stay at home mom now so I have easy access to a computer once again and thought it would be awesome to see how all my old friends are doing.

So...how is everyone?

John Blaze
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome back, Rachel. I used to be JohnBlaze at .net. (until 2 days ago, I used to be JB here too!)

Stick around, it's a fun and friendly place to be.

Jean
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

maerlyns_rainbow
10-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Say thankee! It's gonna be good to be back, me thinks.

fernandito
10-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Hey Rachel, good to see another Redton-ite back :couple:

Brice
10-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Welcome back, Rachel! :)

maerlyns_rainbow
10-07-2010, 05:17 AM

Oh, what a wonderful place it was...I miss the old crew. :(

So now I am here, to force you all to be my friends. bwahahahahaha

GunslingerGreg
10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Hello,

I am very glad I came across this website, as I Love the Dark Tower series and also the Comic Book series is amazing!

Comic Books
Three-Way Tie, Roland (Bad @$$)/Oye/Blaine the Mono
I just started "The Wolves of Calla", but so far "The Wastelands"
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Lansing, Michigan
do you have a nickname?
Most call me Greg, two call me Dad

Brice
10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Welcome Greg! :)

You cannot force us. You are stuck with us. :grouphug:

I do miss Redton too.

maerlyns_rainbow
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Welcome Greg! :)

You cannot force us. You are stuck with us. :grouphug:

I do miss Redton too.

Yay, hugs! :grouphug:

mistermcgaughey
10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I just finished the series today and there's no doubt that these books will join LOTR and Pillars of the Earth on my yearly read-again list. Pumped to have found this site and want to be a part of its community. Say woot and thank ya, sai.

My brother-in-law made mention of it a few years ago and it always intrigued me until I made the dive and started reading a few months ago.

For all his flaws and sharp edges, it's got to be Roland Deschain.

The Gunslinger. It feels so different from the others and although King grew as a writer by leaps and bounds as he went along, I still love the utter arrogance and wide open-ness that bleeds through the pages of the first installment.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Natchez, Mississippi

do you have a nickname?
I do. It's Magoo. (Charming, I know.)

John Blaze
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome, Mister!

Your brother in law kicks ass, thank him.

Jean
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM

Willowtree
10-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi,just joined,am a huge King fan,have read just about everything he has ever written,and I am happy to find a community of people with whom i can discuss my literary love with!:couple:

Just as part of reading all of King's literary output!
Hmmm..Oy!Would love to have a pet like the..no offense to my 2 awesome kitties!
Out of the Tower series? Hard to decide..if I was forced to pick, I would have to say The Wastelands.
How old are you? Heh heh...

Where are you from?
Edmonton area
do you have a nickname?

Jean
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic.jpg

Twiz
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? King Fan.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland or Eddie

What is your favorite book? Truthfully love every one of them.

How old are you? 38

Where are you from? VT

do you have a nickname?

Jean
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

John Blaze
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
welcome ALL! This place kicks ass.

Jon
10-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Welcome!

Susan Delgado
10-16-2010, 11:20 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? dad was translating it to hungarian and chewed my ear as long as i didnt started to read it

Who is your favorite charcter? couldnt pick one. Roland. and dont hate me but i felt quite sympathetic toward Cordelia

What is your favorite book? wag

How old are you? i forgive you for asking if you forgive me for not replying

Where are you from? Hungary

do you have a nickname? Sue, Suz

Brice
10-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh! I am certain of who you are now. I've missed you lots. :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

<-----Brice

Susan Delgado
10-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh! I am certain of who you are now. I've missed you lots. :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

<-----Brice

Brice, yay!! sorry disregard my pm

Brice
10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I disregard nothing. It is if nothing else an excuse to talk with you after so long. :wub:

Susan Delgado
10-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I disregard nothing. It is if nothing else an excuse to talk with you after so long. :wub:

haha i missed lurking in threads & checking out new posts every minute. altho i should be writing like right this minute <_<

Brice
10-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Well, this is sorta' writing, right? :orely:

:nope: No lurking for you. :nope:

John Blaze
10-16-2010, 01:23 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? dad was translating it to hungarian and chewed my ear as long as i didnt started to read it

Who is your favorite charcter? couldnt pick one. Roland. and dont hate me but i felt quite sympathetic toward Cordelia

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!

<<< JB

I'm wearing a halloween costume right now, but I recently changed my username to Jon Snow. Still Blaze though. I'm glad you're joining us. :D

Susan Delgado
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!

<<< JB

I'm wearing a halloween costume right now, but I recently changed my username to Jon Snow. Still Blaze though. I'm glad you're joining us. :D

John!!! yaaay party time!!! (slow reaction time, ok?)

John Blaze
10-16-2010, 01:59 PM

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!

<<< JB

John!!! yaaay party time!!! (slow reaction time, ok?):rock:

Good to have you around!

haunted.lunchbox
10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
I started reading Stephen King sometime before the age of 10 because I wanted to be like my older sister. I read It, but had a very hard time understanding much of the concepts because of how young I was, so I reread it later. I would then read other books, but I was really intimidated by The Dark Tower, probably because I was so young when I started reading them that I didn't think I could read such a long series. I read all the books on my second deployment about 6 years ago.

Pere Donald Callahan- LOVED HIM!

The last book, The Dark Tower (2004). With all his books considered, I liked The Stand, and The Long Walk

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Syracuse, NY

do you have a nickname?
No.

alkanto
10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Welcome, Haunted.lunchbox! :thumbsup:

I read my first book around the same age...now I'm twisted for life :lol:
Hope you have fun here!

haunted.lunchbox
10-19-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm kind of new to forums... to tell you the truth I came here out of desperation (hehe) because it has been driving me mad that not much is coming out in regards to The Dark Tower movie/series. I really feel haunted.

alkanto
10-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Oh, I think more will come out in time. I mean...how long have we been waiting for Hobbit movie news?

In the meantime, there's tons to do! Just be warned...in about 2 weeks all of our usernames will be changing. We are currently 'wearing' Halloween costumes....it's confusing for even the veteran members :lol:

John Blaze
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome, everyone!

Haunted.luncbox, your name is interesting, I'm curious about it.

pathoftheturtle
10-19-2010, 03:11 PM
I like it. Who needs a nickname with a snappy username like that? Welcome!

haunted.lunchbox
10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Thank you He-Man and Path of the Turtle. I don't like to have numbers in my name so I try to pair together unique combinations. I chose Haunted Lunchbox because I had a little daydream about the haunting of a lunchbox when I was packing for a picnic once.

John Blaze
10-19-2010, 05:10 PM
that sounds cool. I hope you open a thread for short stories and such. We have an area for that. I'd like to read yours. :)

Patrick
10-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome Haunted.Lunchbox! I thought your name was based on some obscure Stephen King short story or something. It's that cool!

Welcome to Susan Delgado and all the other new members!

Please make yourselves at home and join in any discussion.

- Patrick (under the Halloween costume)

haunted.lunchbox
10-21-2010, 09:09 AM
that sounds cool. I hope you open a thread for short stories and such. We have an area for that. I'd like to read yours. :)

Thank you, but I'll leave the writing to those much better at it:nope:.

John Blaze
10-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Aw come on, can't be as bad as mine, :lol:

alkanto
10-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Thank you, but I'll leave the writing to those much better at it:nope:.

Oh, I think you should share! :) I'd even be persuaded to post mine, even...maybe. They're not great, and I'm sure yours are probably better

haunted.lunchbox
10-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Really, you guys shouldn't tempt me!

Lovely
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
<--- lovelywindowgirl at dt.net :rose:

<--- Lovely at Camp :blush:

<--- Mrs. Euryon in real life :shoot:

Bethany
10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
<--- lovelywindowgirl at dt.net :rose:

<--- Lovely at Camp :blush:

<--- Mrs. Euryon in real life :shoot:

Welcome (back!) :couple:

John Blaze
10-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Don't really remember you from .net, but then again, I was from the palaver crowd, not the AE crowd like miss befernee here. However, you are SUPER welcome!

Looking forward to getting to meet all you new (and old) faces!

Euryon
10-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Bought the gunslinger at a car-boot sale when I was about 11 (18 years ago!) after reading a little SK.

Flagg, up until his death. After that, Cort.

Wastelands for DT.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
London, UK.

do you have a nickname?
No.

John Blaze
10-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Welcome Euryon. Is that name for the Crow Eye, mayhaps?

Welcome to our posse, pardner.:cowboy:

Euryon
10-24-2010, 05:47 AM
By Crow-Eye, do you mean the external bit of the urethra?

John Blaze
10-24-2010, 06:05 AM
lol, no. Euryon Crow Eye is a character in the ASOIAF books.

Euryon
10-24-2010, 06:29 AM
ah, haven't read 'em, so - No, 'taint/

Bethany
10-24-2010, 06:58 AM
:excited:Woohoo! We got the Mr. and the Mrs. here now.

John Blaze
10-24-2010, 09:11 AM
is it the same guy from .net, Befernee?

I remembered the avatar, anyway.

Bethany
10-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes. And you don't mess around with him :D

John Blaze
10-24-2010, 11:46 AM
:unsure:

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:20 PM
So Euryon you cant like a character once he's died?

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I found them as Costco and was intrigued by the covers
I dont play favorites
Ok I do, its book 4 its always book 4
How old are you?
Sheesh why not ask how much I weigh too :ninja:
Where are you from?
Born and raised in the Bay Area
do you have a nickname?
Tons

Patrick
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Euryon, Mrs. Euryon, YSW: Great to see you all again! Welcome to TDT.org. Show yourselves around and make yourselves at home.

By the way, be aware that many members are in costume and their (our) screennames will all change back a week from now.

- Patrick

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I was thinking about changing my last name to Incognito this very day...

Patrick
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
:lol: You'd have to post that in the Halloween Costume thread here somewhere.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
I meant for real!

Patrick
10-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Oh! There's a different thread for that too.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
It appears there is!

Euryon
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
YSW: Flagg was badass until

he died like a pussy. Lost a bit of respect for him.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
HA!

Patrick
10-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh man, I agree, but please no spoilers in the intro thread. Sorry but please use the spoiler markers. Thanks.

SpaceMaN
10-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Mean ass.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Hey Aaron!

fernandito
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
I went ahead and added spoiler tags to Euryon's post ...

SpaceMaN
10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Is that you? I bet it is!

Man, do I miss you.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
It is me! Here I am, miss me no more!

Matt
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Wow!

Hey you guys. Flash from the past.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Hey Matt!

Euryon
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I have to disagree with the use of 'spoiler' tags with regards to absolutely anything that occurs in DT books V-VII. Nothing short of SK re-writing them to introduce 19 a little more could make them any worse than they are, and thus the story cannot, logically, be spoiled.
:fairy::onfire::(:excited:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/Euryon/1130939242521.jpg

Euryon
10-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I have to disagree with the use of 'spoiler' tags with regards to absolutely anything that occurs in DT books V-VII. Nothing short of SK re-writing them to introduce 19 a little more could make them any worse than they are, and thus the story cannot, logically, be spoiled.

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Book V was my favorite book of the series and I would have been fighting mad if anyone had spoiled anything in it for me, so one has to treat spoilers in regards to how others perceive the series, not just one's self.

I went ahead and added spoiler tags to Euryon's post ...

The same spoiler is on the previous page as well.

Euryon
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Book V is your favourite? Sure, if I had to bang any of the final 3, WotC would probably get my cosby sweater, but only because I had to. I just think everything after the... incident... fell short.

SpaceMaN
10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I love the av.

JacobChambers
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey all, i'm new here, and just wanted to say hi. I love all things Tower, Radiohead, Potter, and pretty much anything related to Music/Movies.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? - A Friend of mine put my onto them. He had been a long time fan and insisted that i give it a shot. To be honest, i wasn't sold after The Gunslinger, but after Drawing of the three, i went through them all. I didn't start reading until the final book had come out, so i was able to read everything at once :)

Who is your favorite character? - This is really tough, but i think i'm going to have to go with Roland.

What is your favorite book? - Drawing of the Three is definitely my favorite book, possible of all time - and all worlds - .

How old are you? - 27 years old

Where are you from? - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

do you have a nickname? Mitch

Long days and pleasant nights :)

alkanto
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Welcome, Master Chambers! Fantastic name you have chosen for yourself! :)

John Blaze
10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Welcome Mitch. Hope to see you posting much around! Some of my favorite people here are Canadian, such as my sister.

işporta
10-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone.i am Eda from Turkey.(i wrote that because if my english became bad,so you will understand why)i like sites like that,very naive and intelligent.
How did you discover the Dark Tower?i guess,i was try to find something creative.

Who is your favorite charcter?Susannah,maybe it's just because she is a powerful woman

What is your favorite book?i never promise you a rose garden by joanne green

How old are you?19

Where are you from?i wrote there,Turkey

do you have a nickname?
eskimo

John Blaze
10-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Welcome, Eskimo! Don't feel self-conscious about your English, there's more than a few of us here to whom English is a second language. And posting here will help you improve it. :cowboy:

But I think the "What is your favorite book?" question is in regards to the DT 7. :)

turtlex
10-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Welcome New Friends !!! :clap:

Lovely
10-27-2010, 06:02 AM
I might as well go ahead and answer these questions:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My aunt (Sacred & Profane from .net) introduced me to them

Who is your favorite character? Susan

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you? 2 years older than my husband

Where are you from? O-H!!!!

Do you have a nickname? Several, "Mommy" is the most popular right now

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Lovely you cougar you :couple:

Brice
10-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Welcome everyone. :)

Lovely, Euryon, and YSW it's great to see y'all posting.

Mo: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

haunted.lunchbox
10-27-2010, 07:14 AM

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My aunt (Sacred & Profane from .net) introduced me to them

I am also two years older than my husband, and a mommy... but our similarities stop there. Wizard and Glass was most certainly not my favorite.

Doe
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone, Ive been a lurker here for alittle while and figured I would say hello...so, Hi!

I finished DT7 not so long ago and loved every moment of the series, The little sisters of Eluria has just arrived in my letterbox and ill be picking up the comics when I next get a chance.

Yes, im obsessed with Roland of Gilead and his quest for the dark tower.

Im curious, are there other short stories in the world of the Dark Tower? besdies the one in everythings eventual and the comic series.

I love westerns, Sci-Fi, Post apocolyptic and have always liked Stephen King, So when I saw a book named 'The Dark Tower' with a picture of a Cowboy on the front, i figured what the hell...and bought it.

Roland, Nuff said.

The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?

England, Newcastle.

do you have a nickname?

Doe ;)

pathoftheturtle
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you. :)
Im curious, are there other short stories in the world of the Dark Tower? besdies the one in everythings eventual and the comic series.No, not yet, unfortunately.

Doe
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Figured as much. Ill have The little sisters of Eluria started and finished shortly, then ill have to start the whole series again haha

John Blaze
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Welcome all!

Bethany
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Greetings, old and new friends :D

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM

:couple: I'm having a good time so far its nice to meet new people and gets to talkin! However you are all distracting me from work! Good thing I work for myself :onfire:

Odetta
10-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Welcome!

Jean
10-28-2010, 04:29 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

eloe88
10-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

:dance:

Hello everyone.
Newbie here. 1/2 way through the Dark Tower series, and completly mesmerized by the story so far. Im so glad to find this site!

My wife bought me the first book 3 years ago. She felt I would love the series. But it sat un-read for a long time. Im not the avid book reader so I opted to finally dive into the series via audiobook.

Answers to the questions:
Roland, Oy and Cuthbert

Wizard and glass (so far)...

mid 30's

california (bay area)

no nickname thats worth repeating...:evil:

Just want to add that Im excited to hear there is a movie/TV series coming out. :nana:

John Blaze
10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Welcome Eloe. Be careful going around, lots of spoilers abound, so be careful of marked areas. :)

Jon
10-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Welcome

Patrick
10-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Welcome to all the new members! Please make yourselves at home and join in any conversation!

Also, after you have only 5 posts, more member abilities will open to you.

- Patrick

Lovely
10-30-2010, 05:59 PM

I am also two years older than my husband, and a mommy... but our similarities stop there. Wizard and Glass was most certainly not my favorite.

Good to know :P

Brice
10-30-2010, 06:06 PM

:couple: I'm having a good time so far its nice to meet new people and gets to talkin! However you are all distracting me from work! Good thing I work for myself :onfire:

Then our job is done. :)

You do know who I am, right? I tried to lure you here long long ago. My influence was insubstantial. :(

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Heather is that you? Its kinda fun not knowing who is who

Brice
10-30-2010, 06:12 PM
It is Brice. :) The person you see posting around here with my name is actually Jerome/Randall Flagg. He was also RF at .net.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 06:14 PM
BRICE!!!! Heather tried to recruit me as well ahahhahahaha I almost sent Brice a message thinking it was you.

How are you man!

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 06:14 PM
ps :huglove:

Brice
10-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I am good. I'm just glad you decided to join us.

It would be the second PM Brice had to forward to me. :lol:

It's about fuckin' time. :D

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
It was Patrick that finally lured me in!

Brice
10-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh, so I just wasn't good enough. :cry:

I'm glad he did.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh stop it!

Brice
10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
:P

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm supposed to be working, but I keep coming back for you!

SpaceMaN
11-01-2010, 07:41 AM
I've never done this so I'll give it a shot....

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" in high school, so I looked for more SK to read, and "The Gunslinger" just sounded too cool.

Who is your favorite character? Tough one, but I have to say Roland. I don't think he missed what he was shooting at once. That's badass.

What is your favorite book? I say all of them are like one book, but if I had to pick one I'd say "Wolves of the Calla".

How old are you? I am 30. Why that's relevant, I don't know.

Where are you from? I am from Earth. South Bend, Indiana actually.

do you have a nickname? Yes. SpaceMaN. Please use it.

Jean
11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
I say all of them are like one book

I've been saying this for years, and everyone only points their fingers at me and laughs!

but if I had to pick one I'd say "Wolves of the Calla".

I've always known I had a good reason for liking you. Apart from you just being awesome, that is.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I've always liked WotC because its really the only time the whole ka-tet is together and acts like gunslingers

John Blaze
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
good point, Mo.

SpaceMaN
11-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Exactly.

The kids, the wolves, the battle, the dancing, the ka-tet together, the inside on what was up with the rose and the lot. Magical book.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Agreed

Double6iX
11-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Hola y'all. My name is Aaron Larkin, but most people just call me Larkin or Larkhan. I am 34 from New Haven, CT. I've been a King fan most of my life, and I have been drawn to the Tower since the first time I picked up The Gunslinger. I enjoy the entire series including the comics, and I wait with antici...

...pation at news of any new developments. I'm excited that Universal has optioned 3 movies and a TV series, but I'm also wary. There's a lot to pack in, and look what the movies have done to Narnia and Harry Potter.
I look at the Tower as Trekkers look at that series: there are lessons to be learned, and a great many things in the books make sense in actual reality, regardless of what level you reside. I also believe in balance between Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Purpose and Random. I have the runes for UNFOUND tattooed on the back of my neck, and until last year had the number 19 underneath it. The number has since been covered by another tattoo currently in progress. :)

Erin
11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the boards, Aaron! It's nice to see someone with such a great name, even if it's spelled wrong. :P I kid, I kid.

Anyhoo, we have a Dark Tower Tattoo thread that can be found here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1964

I'd love to see some pictures of your tat!

John Blaze
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Me too, Larkin! Welcome!

SpaceMaN
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Another Aaron/Erin! Sweet! Welcome.

thegreattim
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone! I already introduced myself over in Calvin's Corner as that is where I've been lurking mostly, but though I should here as well.

My name is Tim and I am a Dark Tower junkie. I have been sober for about 12 minutes (since I hit the "pause" button on my Gunslinger MP3 that I'm reabsorbing for a group read on LibraryThing).

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope to see you around the forums.

Jean
11-03-2010, 11:18 PM

thegreattim
11-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks Jean!

turtlex
11-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Welcome to the site, Tim.

John Blaze
11-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Welcome, Tim!

alinda
11-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Welcome Tim and Larkin ( my last name irl )to our home. Please make yourself comfy.We all float here.:rofl:

Letti
11-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Welcome to the board, new friends.

blavigne
11-07-2010, 06:45 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read everything by Stephen King. It is strange because the first time I picked up The Gunslinger in the late 1980's I didn't even finish it. I didn't want to read a "cowboy story". Several years later after Wizard and Glass came out (must have been in the late 1990's) I bought and read all four but still it didn't have a lot of impact. Then my son read them all last year and refused to tell me the ending. He definitely got hooked and even bought some of the comics. He gave me the series on audio book for my birthday this past August. I travel by car a lot for work so I have quite a bit of time to listen. I was so enthralled from the first word that I went and bought the entire series in paperback and devoured them all. I am just finishing Wizard and Glass on audio. I have not thought through what is different this time but I am now obsessed with it. I love this board. What great thoughts. I have been lurking for awhile but sometimes I want to respond so I decided to join.

Who is your favorite character? ROLAND, he makes my heart flutter :)

What is your favorite book? This one is hard. They are all favorites for different reasons. I really love the story as a whole.

How old are you? 44

Where are you from? Michigan, USA

do you have a nickname? Chichu, my grand daughter calls me that and you can too!! :)

Jean
11-07-2010, 11:54 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

John Blaze
11-07-2010, 12:53 PM
welcome all!

Wandering Witch
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Hello. I have been a fan of the Dark Tower books for about sixteen years. I have probably read "The Gunslinger" at least a dozen times. I love all of the books but my favourite will always be the first one.

haunted.lunchbox
11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello. I have been a fan of the Dark Tower books for about sixteen years. I have probably read "The Gunslinger" at least a dozen times. I love all of the books but my favourite will always be the first one.

I'm on my first reread and I think I may change my favorite to be the first one as well. I like the focus on Roland, and I like the mystery.

Jean
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome1.gif

Jon
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Welcome!

AlishaRiley
11-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Hello,
my name is Alisha, and for a while now, I've been invisible.

Darkthoughts
11-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Alishaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :wub:

Jean
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
welcome back, sweetie!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

alinda
11-11-2010, 12:17 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I read everything by Stephen King. It is strange because the first time I picked up The Gunslinger in the late 1980's I didn't even finish it. I didn't want to read a "cowboy story". Several years later after Wizard and Glass came out (must have been in the late 1990's) I bought and read all four but still it didn't have a lot of impact. Then my son read them all last year and refused to tell me the ending. He definitely got hooked and even bought some of the comics. He gave me the series on audio book for my birthday this past August. I travel by car a lot for work so I have quite a bit of time to listen. I was so enthralled from the first word that I went and bought the entire series in paperback and devoured them all. I am just finishing Wizard and Glass on audio. I have not thought through what is different this time but I am now obsessed with it. I love this board. What great thoughts. I have been lurking for awhile but sometimes I want to respond so I decided to join.

Who is your favorite character? ROLAND, he makes my heart flutter :)

What is your favorite book? This one is hard. They are all favorites for different reasons. I really love the story as a whole.

How old are you? 44

Where are you from? Michigan, USA

do you have a nickname? Chichu, my grand daughter calls me that and you can too!! :)

Welcome chichu:excited:great name!

blavigne
11-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Thank you Alinda. I am so glad to be here, this is a great place.

Letti
11-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Welcome home blavigne! If you are on WaG be very very careful with spoilers. They are everywhere.
Long days and pleasant nights. :)

blavigne
11-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Thank you so much Letti. I have to say this place feels like home to me. I have great friends and family but to my dismay no DT junkies like me. It can be a lonely obsession if you have no one who is truly interested to share it with. Thanks to all of you for being here, my heart has found a home, I hope to be here with you all for a long, long time through countless re-reads, the movies and beyond. Welcome everyone to my little corner of the world. Come in, let's have a little palaver........... :)

Letti
11-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Come in, let's have a little palaver........... :)

Or a long one. ; )

bobledrew
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Hello all:

I'm Bob LeDrew, a King fan, Dark Tower fan, and Stephen King podcaster from Ottawa, Ontario.

I read everything King writes, so at some point I came upon this weird tale called "The Gunslinger." And that was it.

Geez, that's hard. I have a soft spot for John Cullum, that's for sure. Anyone who can go from small-town caretaker to leading the fight against Discordia is a mighty man. And I also like Aaron Deepneau. But in terms of main characters, I'm an Eddie guy.

Dark Tower? I think either "The Waste Lands" or "Wizard and Glass". In general? God. It's like picking your favorite molecule -- oxygen or nitrogen? They're both necessary for survival.

How old are you?

44. And counting.

Where are you from?

Grew up in a town in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, where we were treated to Eddie Driscoll on WLBZ out of Bangor introducing "Weird 2" on Sunday nights until they switched over to Detroit for the American TV networks and we got an endless string of gang murders. Now live in Ottawa, Canada's national capital.

Do you have a nickname?

My partner calls me "Dude." (She's not a King fan, so it's not for Randall Flagg) That's about it.

Brice
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome new friends! :D

...and Alisha. :wub:

Roxanne Manuel
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I've been reading Stephen King for years. Always liked to brag that I had every novel. I was scared at first to read the series because of the fantasy/western theme.So I put the books away.Every year at christmas my brother would buy me a new book and he'd say.Have you read them yet? lol. So finally after years of his urging I started them this spring. I am now on the 7th book and am totally obsessed. Can't get enough.Kicking myself that I waited this long.

My favorite character is definalty Susannah.
My favorite book is the Drawing of the Three
I am 33 yrs old. I am from Fredericton,Nb Canada.
You can call me Roxanne

EvaH
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Roxanne. Welcome!

Jean
11-18-2010, 04:23 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-Inner.jpg

turtlex
11-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome New Friends !!

And Alisha !!! Woman!!! Don't you stay away so long ever again !

Booker_Booker
11-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi all.
Just have got an advice from my friend to read "at least one part, "The Gunslinger". Read everything in a month recently. Made a trailer for "Dark Tower" a couple of days ago, so all the elements of my perception of the book anyone can see on youtube))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZZ9tV3_6E

Father Callahan. Just don't ask me why:)

The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Moscow, Russia

do you have a nickname?
Booker actually, Booker_Booker, cause there are too many bookers in the world

over_come
11-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I was 12 years old and my brother described the the massacre of Tull and I was hooked.

Eddie.

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
New Hampshire is my current residence.

Do you have a nickname?
Nope.

John Blaze
11-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome, Overcome! The massacre of Tull was a crazy western (coulda really happened) kind of deal for me too. Welcome to the show.

kluker
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Welcome everyone!

Jean
11-20-2010, 11:23 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

Patrick
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Welcome to all the new members, and welcome back to some old friends!

We're glad you're here. Now that you've come out of the shadows, please do not hesitate to join in any discussion.

Enjoy TheDarkTower.org!

- Patrick

... Made a trailer for "Dark Tower" a couple of days ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZZ9tV3_6E
That was cool.

Voozle
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
A girl I knew in junior high was a Stephen King fan, and I got my parents' written permission to check Firestarter out of the restricted section of the school library to impress her. It didn't work, but by the time I finished the book that didn't matter. I was hooked, and a dozen King novels later I started the Dark Tower.

Roland

The Gunslinger. I was disappointed the first time I read it and gave up on the Dark Tower in favor of more 'classic' King. I reread it at the insistence of my English teacher and fellow King fanatic, but the second time something clicked. I finished the series a month later, but the first book has never left my mind.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Florida

Do you have a nickname?
Voozle will do it. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Jean
11-23-2010, 06:07 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeMoon.gif

alinda
11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Welcome home y'all. I AM so glad you've masde it safely

John Blaze
11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome Voozle! I like your "how I started reading sk" story! Welcome to the site, hope to see you around soon.

Jon
12-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Welcome!

Ageless Stranger
12-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Jon, I'm rocking a Big Lebowski theme on another forum. :cool:

Moogs
12-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Well hey there. I'm glad I found this place.

I immediately think Roland, but there are a few very close to being my favorite, namely, Susan Delgado and Oy.

The Wizard and the Glass, or The Dark Tower. It's too close to call.
How old are you?

Where are you from?
I hail currently from Los Angelas CA, but I'm honestly a Fresno native.

Do you have a nickname?
Yep. It's Moogs.

I started reading TDT when I picked up The Gunslinger off the floor of my sister's room and thought it looked interesting. I was far from disappointed.