PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Jon
11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Welcom Caz. here is a discussion thread for DT movie casting.
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1845

and here is a thread for your order of the series.
http://http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1780

Jean
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_rose.jpg

The Library Policeman
12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone. My name's Alan and I'm a long time King fan and have been collecting quite seriously for the last few years. Been lurking for a wee while now and thought I'd join up :thumbsup:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? -
It appeared in the list of published titles in the front of a King novel I was reading years a go and like the King obsessive I am, I tracked it down. Which wasn't so easy back in the day, before the internet.

Who is your favorite charcter?
- Roland:cool:

What is your favorite book? -
Favourite Tower book is Wizard & Glass. Favourite King book is a tie between 'Salem's Lot and The Stand.

How old are you? -
41 (trapped in the body of a 50 year old):cry:

Where are you from? -
Scotland :rose:

do you have a nickname? -
My wife calls me "Pud" :wtf:, most people just call me Al or Alan.

Good to be here :dance:

<ô> bango skank <ô>
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
hello!!! nice to see fellow UK members.

stone, rose, unfound door
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Welcome Caz and Alain and Mia and Cuthbert :)

Jean
12-02-2009, 12:02 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic.jpg

The Library Policeman
12-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Thanks all :)

ChristineB
12-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome Alan, good to have you here!

Myste
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Welcome all the new faces!! :cowboy:

velcro_fly
12-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Hello:excited:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? - I borrowed the gunslinger from a friend about three years ago and loved it, I still have it, and I bought the rest

Who is your favorite charcter? - Oy

What is your favorite book? - Its a tie between The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass

How old are you? - 22

Where are you from? - Saskatchewan, Canada

Do you have a nickname? - They call me Mello Yellow

Hannah
12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello:excited:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? - I borrowed the gunslinger from a friend about three years ago and loved it, I still have it, and I bought the rest

Who is your favorite charcter? - Oy

What is your favorite book? - Its a tie between The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass

How old are you? - 22

Where are you from? - Saskatchewan, Canada

Do you have a nickname? - They call me Mello Yellow

hello! welcome to the site! we're glad to have you here. :D

Jean
12-03-2009, 01:12 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEblackcat.gif

ChristineB
12-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome Velcro_fly, good to meet you!

Brice
12-03-2009, 08:17 AM
hello mellow yellow

HansSLINGER
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
hallo.
long days and pleasant nights upon this earth to all thee tower junkies

now how sick are you of hearing people talk like that on this site? :)

my name is hans, i am a new slinger fan and still reading the books... you may be thinking..NOOB!!! but atleast i still got all the joy of readng to go and feel all these emotions for the first time...IM STILL LOSING MY V'S.

love it...LOVE IT

=D drop hansA-LINE if u like. im sure we will be well met if tones are friendly.

-hans BITCHES

Matt
12-04-2009, 05:38 AM
:lol:

Great to meet you Hans, welcome to the site.

ChristineB
12-04-2009, 09:21 AM
hehe Well met Hans.

I don't think of you as a NOOB since I have yet to read the entire series, keep getting stuck on the second one. :arg:

mylea
12-04-2009, 11:17 AM
my husband told me to to read the 1st paragraph of the first book and tell him i didn't want to read it!

Roland is my favorite-named my eldest Roland

Wizard and Glass

ChristineB
12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Welcome Mylea!

I am assuming you couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear after that first paragraph. :)

rocketidiot
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi. I'm rocketidiot ( accidentaly typed in the wrong name and didn't notice until it was to late) and I learned about The dark tower series from my english teacher last year. My favorite character is, of course, Roland, but Eddie comes in second place. My favorite book is V Wolves of Calla. I'm seventeen and from the U.S.A.

Matt
12-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey rocket, great to meet you.

We'll all try and ignore the last part of your member name :lol:

You can also change it one time if you want, just let me know. Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

ChristineB
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome Rocket, Enjoy!

Julien Walden
12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Howdy kids! Been off the net for a few weeks, but for business concerns. I picked up Under The Dome yesterday, and I mean to go to Kick Butt Coffee- the wonderful, martial arts themed coffeehouse here in Austin where I read Tarot for a living- and spend most of my day with it. Hopefully I'll do some work here and there as well, but the book is my Maine priority (I know, bad pun. Couldn't resist.). Will share my thoughts when I know more; haven't gotten very far in yet. I still want to go somewhere tropical, though. This cold weather is pissing me off! Where's all this bloody global warming we've been hearing so much about?! Are domes warm? Can we put one on top of Austin, if so?

Love y'all!

augella13
12-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Hello,

My name is Ella, and i am still trying to get used to this site.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? The first time i heard about Dark Tower was at at 16, 12 years ago, through my ex boyfried. Because it was my ex i never gave it a second thought untill i reread it 5 years ago. Now, i am totally engrossed in the story.

i have decided to have tattoos dedicated to Dark Tower on my body. I will listen to any ideas that any of you have!

Who is your favorite character? Susannah is my favorite character. I have decided that the center piece of my left arm will be Susannah throwing the Oriza plates.

What is your favorite book? The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower. It is the only book that made me go into a hissy fit. But, then i calmed down, and realized that the ending is perfect.

How old are you? I am 28.

Where are you from? Originally I am from Russia. But, I have lived in NC for 18 years.

do you have a nickname? EB

Brice
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome Ella! :) If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask.

I've just gotta ask, why a move from Russia to NC of places? :unsure: I mean I see you were young so obviously it wasn't your decision. I am just curious. I too live in NC.

ChristineB
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Hello and welcome Ella!!

Matt
12-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Ella, great to meet you and welcome to the site.

We have an entire thread dedicated to DT tats, some really cool stuff in there.

TLC
12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE]I learned about The dark tower series from my english teacher last year/QUOTE]

I wish my English teachers would have told me about this book!

Welcome all!!! :D:D:

alinda
12-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Hello, and welcome to the site everyone.
It is so good to meet you all. :couple:

chadrag
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
My name is Chad, I just finished the 7th Book yesterday, and I am stoked for Doscordia.com Nice timing I think.

turtlex
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the site, people !!

And yah, I'm really looking forward to the Discordia Experience as well.

Jon
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome!!

MelissaBee
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey everybody.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I spent a lot of time with a friend of mine this summer, and he offered to read one of my favorite books ("Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman) if I'd read at least "The Gunslinger." I was immediately hooked. I think I finished all seven books in less than a month (one of the perks of hopping on the bandwagon late, I guess).

Who is your favorite charcter? Oy. Hands down. No competition.

What is your favorite book? "Wolves of the Calla"

How old are you? I'll be 28 on Thursday. :arg:

Where are you from? I live about 30 minutes outside downtown Birmingham, Alabama.

Do you have a nickname? Many. But I prefer to be called Melissa. (Never Mel. Never ever Mel.)

Jon
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Welcome, Ma'am!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Welcom Melissa, Chad and Ella.

Sprigler0
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Always loved king, just picked it up

Who is your favorite charcter? sheb =p

What is your favorite book? III

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Sheb, thats original.
Nice to have you here Sprigler!

Jon
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
WELCOME!!

scottish_rogue
12-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Orin.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My stepdad for some reason decided it would be cool to read me "Wizard and Glass" when I was 12 or so. I thought it was cool at the time, but it was beyond my level. I ended up picking up "The Gunslinger" about 8 years later and it has since become my favorite book series.

Who is your favorite character? Going to have to be cliché on this one and say Roland, partly in fact because I love Clint Eastwood who he was based off of, and also because I think his mind was the most interesting to get into.

What is your favorite book? It's a toss up...I can't pick between "The Gunslinger" and "The Drawing Of The Three"...so either one of those.

How old are you? 22.

Where are you from? I'm a military brat (and served myself), so I don't really call anywhere home, but all my family lives in Louisiana and Mississippi, so I guess either of those.

Do you have a nickname? My family calls me "Bub" or "Bubba", but everyone else just calls me by my real name.

Jean
12-08-2009, 02:33 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Brice
12-08-2009, 04:42 AM
It's great to see so many new people. Welcome all! :)

Matt
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Great to meet you Orin, welcome to the site.

ChristineB
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, so many new people in just a couple days. YEAH!!

Welcome Melissa, Sprigler and Orin!!

Hope you have fun and learn lots while you are here.

Julien Walden
12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I was hit by a white van yesterday! It didn't happen on a country road- it happened on a busy city street in Austin, and was the result of my stupidity and carelessness. My friend and I were crossing the street in a bad place, at a heavy-traffic time of day, standing in the suicide lane, and one lane of traffic on the northbound side stopped for us. I tried, against his advice, to cross- the second lane didn't stop. The man in the van tried to break with about ten yards to spare; I was right in front of him. With a second to react, I stepped back and spun to the side. It hit my right arm and my bag of junk food and OJ, breaking my cigarette. I didn't lose the cigarettes I'd bought, as I'd already lit one and put them in my pocket. My arm, which took the impact, is fine. I waved the driver off, told him I was fine, he went on his way. Not even a bruise, not a scratch. I am told I spun like a matador in sidestepping it. It's ironic; being a writer, living out in the country, being a distance walker like Mr. King, it did cross my mind sometimes, in a whistling past the graveyard way. Like Mr. King, I turned at the last second, so I lived. Perhaps my force-powers are sharper in some defensive ways. Yet again, my own carelessness should've killed me, and I emerged unscathed. Well, not entirely. It did break my cigarette, and I lost my junk food and OJ. Pure Will, unassuaged of purpose and delivered from lust of result, is every way perfect. I am a hard bitch to kill. Welcome to Chapel Perilous, kids. I love you all.

May the grace of Bob be with you. 93.

Julien Walden
12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh, and someone needs to create a mood banner that combines groovy and Cthulhu. That would be just perfect.

Jean
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Julien: there are other threads than this

::hint hint::

kotton
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
hey i just signed up. didnt know there were as many people into this as i was.

TLC
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
isn't it nice when you find out there are though! Welcome!

Brice
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, there's a couple of us around. :)

Welcome!

SynysterSaint
12-08-2009, 10:12 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I discovered the Dark Tower while I was walking through the horror section at the Borders I go to. I saw the cover of The Gunslinger (with Roland standing next to a raven with the Tower super-imposed in the background) and I immediately fell in love with the artwork. After reading the first chapter, I was hooked.

SPOILER (ish)

My favorite character is either Callahan or Jake. I am about half-way through the seventh book as of writing this, so obviously I am a bit upset about my choice of favorite characters haha. These two are my favorite aside from Oy. Any time he comes close to danger, I start freaking out. This last half of the seventh book is going to be torture for me, I just know it.

What is your favorite book?

The fourth book has been the most emotional for me, thus far. The scene with Susan near the end of the book was terrible to have to read through. In all honesty, I cried harder than I have for any other book. I knew from the talk about Susan in The Gunslinger that she was burned on a funeral pier, but it still hit me harder than anything else. The fourth book was the best.

How old are you?

I am 18 years old.

Where are you from?

Connecticut [the University of, at this moment]

Do you have a nickname?

Matthew is sufficient. Maybe Big Papa?

Jean
12-09-2009, 01:26 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcometeddy8.gif

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Welcome Matthew, I like your user name, you need a good avatar to go with it.

Wizards and Glass is my favorite too, as it is simply the best book of the series. Shhh...bears will hear, and speak ill of it.

Matt
12-09-2009, 07:09 AM
WooHoo!! Another Matthew. :clap:

Welcome to the site.

Jean
12-09-2009, 07:29 AM
WooHoo!! Another Matthew. :clap:
Yes. We're becoming definitely outnumbered.

Not that bears object. Matthews have proved to be good guys.

turtlex
12-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Welcome to all the new folks! Make yourselves at home, you're among friends.

Brice
12-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Soon there will be a forum just for matts and matthews. :lol:

Jean
12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
read the small print at the bottom...

http://www.iamfiredup.com/Matt%20blue%20bear%20mug--$12.jpg

::deep in thought::

ChristineB
12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Welcome both Kotten and Mathew!!

Be sure to look around the site, lots of good stuff here.

Stockworth
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi all,
Long days and pleasent nights. I'm Michael, son of Steven. lol. Just joined. I just finished book seven today! So I came online to check out some of the fourms. I can't stop thinking about the end :scared:

I'd always wanted to read a Stephen King book, and one day at the bookstore I was just browsing around and saw 'The Gunslinger' with the Michael Whalen artwork on the cover. The artwork looked really cool so I started reading 'The man in black fled across the dessert and the gunslinger followed' and then I was hooked.

Who is your favorite character? Jake. I can't help it.

What is your favorite book? Probably 'The Gunslinger' just because I remember it being so incredibly vivid. I'd never read anything like it before. Although 'Wizard and Glass' is probably a close second.

How old are you? Twenty

Where are you from? Ohio. I go to school at a small liberal arts college in central Ohio.

Jon
12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Welcome!!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Welcome!:cowboy:

ChristineB
12-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Welcome Micheal son of Steven!!

Slayer
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM

Found it in the bookstore and after reading The Gunslinger, I was hooked.

Roland of course

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Nineteen

Where are you from?

Born in California, currently in Florida

do you have a nickname?

Nah

Jean
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

mdarkpoet
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Found it in the airport bookstore whilst waiting for my plane

Roland

The Waste Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

California

do you have a nickname?

The one I'm using as well as "panda" :unsure:

Jean
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
welcome panda!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearheart.gif

mdarkpoet
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks ^_^ :nana:

Jud Crandall
12-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Hile, forum frequenters. I'm Justin and I've been lurking here for a few weeks or so and thought I would register. I just got my first signed Stephen King book (US s/l Under the Dome)and am still a bit in awe.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I've always been a fan of King, and one day home sick from school I read The Gunslinger and was hooked.

Who is your favorite character? That's a tough one. I'll have to go with Jake, I suppose

What is your favorite book? I think it's a tie between The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands, as far as Dark Tower books go.(Though I love them all!) Otherwise - IT.

How old are you? Twenty-Seven

Where are you from? Arkansas

Jean
12-11-2009, 02:23 AM
What is your favorite book? I think it's a tie between The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands, as far as Dark Tower books go.(Though I love them all!) Otherwise - IT.

Great choice!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

ChristineB
12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the best forums on the web!!

NoLabelBG
12-12-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi, my name is Nikola Borich, people call me Nick or Niki (Heeeeeeeere's Niki!!!)! I knew about this forum for a long time, but until few hours ago! I like it and I think that people here are cool and surprisingly friendly! Stephen King is my favorite author, and the Dark Tower is the greatest thing I've ever read!

- Well, I'm a King fan, and I registered in the Bulgarian King forum 5 years ago, and everybody was talking about the DT all the time, but I didn't wanted to hear about it. I don't know why, but I thought that it will be crap! And one day I didn't have nothing interesting to read, and i took the Gunslinger... you know the rest! I became addicted to the Dark Tower, and 4 years later, I still am!

Who is your favorite character?
- Most of the ka-tet! My least favorite is Susannah, and my favorite are Roland and Jake, but i like Eddie is almost the same way!

- IT is the best book ever! It's my personal number One! (DT is out of the charts) From the DT, it would be Wizard and Glass, but they are all incredible!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
- Bulgaria

candy
12-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Hi Nikki, welcome to the site:huglove:

Letti
12-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the site Niki. You will like it here. :)

pinkymcfatfat
12-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi all, Pinky McFatfat here. About four years ago I had been pretty active in various King and DT boards. I then had a VERY difficult pregnancy with my second child and he was born prematurely. Conrad (a varient of 'Cort') is well out of the woods now health-wise and I've decided to get back in.

How do you discover the DT?- In 7th grade I had a very interesting librarian who gave me an entire box filled with H.P. Lovecraft, King, Straub and Poe because, as she said, "You're the only kid here who could 'get' this stuff. Have a fun summer reading." The copy of DT 1 was a first edition I now cherish above all my other material possessions.

Who is your favorite character? - Out of the ka-tet? Thats impossible to answer...from the minor characters, Dinky, Ted, Cort and Jonas.

What is your favorite book?_ If I REALLY had to pick out of the DT series, it would be "Drawing of the Three'. Out of the 'minor' books, it's definitely 'Insomnia'.

How old are you?- 36

Where are you from? Pennsylvania, USA.

Whiskeybent
12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Long days and pleasant nights everyone!

New member but by no means new to the series. I think I am on my fourth journey toward the tower at the moment.

Well I look forward to discussing this and that with you all. I'll stop here, these intros are far to awkward lol!

Jean
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-3.jpg

alinda
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome to you, I hope that you are made to feel right at home.
Come on, Kick back, put your feet up if your so inclined, and stay
a while, get a feel for the place. It is wonderful to meet you. :D
I have a feeling that before too long you may have yet another
DT addiction.:P

Brice
12-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Welcome everyone! :)

Pinky: That is one amazingly fucking cool librarian. :thumbsup:

kyngbaub
12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Hello my name is Wendy and I have been an addict for well over fifteen years. I remember that I was nine when I read It for the first time and i was hooked forever after...

How do you discover the DT?- I really didn't want to read the series until it was complete, I've never been one for delayed gratification. Then the book store didn't have anything new, and I was hard up, so my journey began. I liked the first so much I went back and bought three more, then two more are in the big soft cover, then I finally got the hardcover of DT7. totally mismatched set, but I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Who is your favorite character? -Oy!

What is your favorite book?- Wizard and Glass

How old are you?- 29

Where are you from?- California

alinda
12-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Hello, and welcome to the boards. It's so nice to meetcha! :D

Brice
12-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Welcome Wendy! :)

Dandelo19
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello!

My dad introduced it to me.

Roland! :D

The Wastelands

How old are you?

13 :)

Where are you from?

Sweden

Do you have a nickname?

No. I'd like to have one but i haven't :cry:

Jean
12-14-2009, 12:22 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome4-cl.jpg

candy
12-14-2009, 02:35 AM
welcome one and all 'high five':couple:

Myste
12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Welcome ALL!! :)

ChristineB
12-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Welcome all, very nice to meet you!

stone, rose, unfound door
12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello!

My dad introduced it to me.

Roland! :D

The Wastelands

How old are you?

13 :)

Where are you from?

Sweden

Do you have a nickname?

No. I'd like to have one but i haven't :cry:

Your father is a genius :)

Malice
12-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Doing this whole dance again I see. My name is Scott and I'm a tower junkie.

Q. How did you discover the Dark Tower?
A. When a friend in middle school found out I was terrified of clowns because of watching IT as a child, he began telling me about the DT. I insisted I would wait for the movies (thats kinda funny now). Later on in life another friend used to like to get me drunk and watch classic movies. One of these nights turned out to be the man with no name trilogy. He started to tell me about the Gunslinger afterwords (after years of rambling about the Dark Tower to my dismay). I walk into a book store looking for this book, upon learning it was a DT novel I wanted to kill my friend. I bought it anyways and the rest is history.

Q. Who is your favorite charcter?
A. That is a really hard question to answer, but off the top of my head I would say Eddie. I always expected Eddie to be the only one to reach the tower. That and he sometimes saw things Roland did not. And he kept me laughing like a loon through all the books.

Q. What is your favorite book?
A. Hands down DT7, behind that DT3 and 4.

Q. How old are you?
A. 24 6/1/85

Q. Where are you from?
A. Florence, KY. I now live in Lawrenceburg, IN.

Q. Do you have a nickname?
A. Scoot after being drunk and trying to spell my name. But my friend who got me into the Dark Tower series says that I remind him of a "Downsyndrom Roland."

clint eastwood
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
quick question, in the discordia game does it just end when you go through the door? when i went through credits started rolling and i thought there would be more. I also read on the site someone saying that they had trouble shooting and i never saw 1 thing to shoot. so am i missing something? Thanks

clint eastwood
12-17-2009, 09:18 AM
HI everyone

turtlex
12-17-2009, 11:13 AM
quick question, in the discordia game does it just end when you go through the door? when i went through credits started rolling and i thought there would be more. I also read on the site someone saying that they had trouble shooting and i never saw 1 thing to shoot. so am i missing something? Thanks

Welcome to the site !

We've got a whole thread dedicated just to Discordia ( Check It Out Here (.http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9436) ) .. but yeah, once you're through the door, the credits for chapter one roll.

The shooting range is the first thing you do in Discordia, before even stepping into the Dixie Pig!

Jean
12-18-2009, 06:16 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

Jon
12-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Welcome folks!

augella13
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Brice, thanks for the welcome!!! sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this page.

I moved here in 1991 at the age of 10. This is when the borders opened and almost everyone from the motherland fled here.

I have never heard of NC until the day that i was told that we would live here.

The red mud still unnerves me :P

Brice
12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Red mud? I'm assuming you're in the northwest of the state then?

clint eastwood
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
ok thanks, I forgot i did do the shooting part in the beggining. Hope they have more of it soon. Thanks again for the feedback

Myste
12-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Welcome all new dt-junkies :cowboy:

augella13
12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
No, I am in the southern part. Charlotte area.

Brice
12-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Ah, I'm directly south of Fayetteville. :)

GirlandDog
12-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Started with King when I was nine. Found The Gunslinger when I was 18. Had a hard time waiting for the last three, specially after he was mowed down. Waited until he had finished and read them all from the beginning.

I am amazed that so many seemed to answer this question so effortlessly. I loved Oy. And Roland. And Jake. And Eddie. See. I'm gonna stop. It just starts to snowball.

Yeah, well, see above. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to answer these questions. Gunslinger, Drawing, DT7, Wizards, Wastelands, Wolves, Suzannah. They are at least in an order of love...I'm hopeless.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Norway, Maine

do you have a nickname?

Nope. I prefer to give them.

SynysterSaint
12-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Thank you everyone who welcomed me! In case you didn't see my post, my name is Matthew and I am new to this site. I wanted to wait to reply or post again until after I had finished the seventh Dark Tower book. I put it down about 20 minutes ago after I read the last line in the Coda, and I am amazed. The ending was more perfect than I could ever have imagined!

Jon
12-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Welcome GirlandDog!!

Synyster, your journey has only begun.

Brice
12-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Welcome GirlandDog and Matthew! It's great to have y'all here with us. :)

GirlandDog
12-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!!! Been lurking the past few days. It is really fantastic so sift through everything that has been discussed and learn a bit about many of you. I know several King fans, but none who have read DT. Really nice to know there are folks out there who undertand where I'm coming from :)

Brice,
You are precisely one day older than me!

Tao43
12-21-2009, 05:11 PM

I actually discovered it through the Dark Tower comic series'. Started reading the books after finishing the Fall of Gilead

That is a toss up between Roland and Cuthbert

I would have to say a tie between the Gunslinger and Wizards and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Alvin, TX (Houston area)

do you have a nickname?

My dad calls me Grasshopper

Matt
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Great to meet you Tao, welcome to the path of the beam. :thumbsup:

Jon
12-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Welcome GirlandDog, Matthew and Tao.

Tao, you are the first person that I know of to come to the DT from the graphic novels. It will be interesting to hear your input from that perspective.

alinda
12-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Welcome to you all!:huglove:

kaleidyscope
12-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi :)

My neighbour across the road purchased Wizard and Glass and another book at the same time and said she was going to read the other book first and asked if I'd like to read Wizard and Glass (we often traded books) and I accepted the offer and tried to begin at book IV :$ I proceeded to my nearest 2nd hand book store and picked up an illustrated copy of the Gunslinger for around 5 dollars. I then voraciusly worked my way through to the end of W&G and put my DT journey on hold after the goings on in Mejis :(

I have since resumed listening to the audiobooks with my wife to and from work each day (to introduce her to the world, to refresh my memory, and to finally make it to the Dark Tower) and Father Callahan is currently telling how he came to be in CBS. We listened to Eluria in between IV and V as well.

Without a doubt so far it would have to be Bert :D

I'm really not in a position to make that call just yet so I'll just step outside the core books for now and say Bev Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower. It has been invaluable in me getting a DT fix when I am alone ;)

How old are you?

Where are you from?

South Australia

Do you have a nickname?

I have too many to name any.

The forum looks amazing and very active and one which I look forward to being involved in :evil:

Jean
12-24-2009, 12:29 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/531/Welcome_Bear_Banner2.jpg

Myste
12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Welcome! :cowboy:

LeenyM
12-24-2009, 02:59 PM
After my dad died when I was 13, I was looking through his books and saw an old version of "the Gunslinger" and saw it was written by Stephen King- and so I was instantly drawn to it but put it away. I read it 2 years later, realized it was a series, and the rest is history.

Oy... It's the animal lover in me!

The one where they're in Bridgton, Maine (Reny's... gas station fight?) because I used to live down the road from there!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
South Portland, Maine. Currently living in Old Town, Maine and going to University of Maine in Orono

do you have a nickname?
Leeny. Leen Cuizine. A.

My name is Aileen, btw

Matt
12-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Great to meet you Leeny, you are pretty close to the action there!

Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

flaggman
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi

I started reading the dark tower series when i found got to the first book after going through(reading) my families collection of stephen king books. Once i read the first book i was hooked and moved on to the second and third books. Then i had to wait for the fourth and so forth to come out.

I like Roland and Susan

The drawing of the three was pretty good

How old are you?

Where are you from?

California

Do you have a nickname?

I've got a few...lol

name is Clyde by the way

terrilyn
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
hey, new here, I from the good old red clay part of NC. I have been reading SK 4ever, my fav is the dark tower series, then IT, I hate clowns to this day.

Matt
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the site terrilyn. I'm with you on the clown front, horrible things. :scared:

BookMonkey
12-30-2009, 03:15 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site and to Stephen King.

Listening to a Gaming podcast- one of the presenters recommended it so I went off and bought it.

Walter - The Man in Black

I'm only up to the end of book four but so far its the Waste Lands

How old are you?

I am but the tender age of fourteen.

Where are you from?

I am from London

do you have a nickname?

Nope. Apart from Steiny.

Matt
12-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey Bookmonkey, it is great to meet you.

Welcome to the site and watch out for spoilers!! :panic:

Lexi-Sai
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Well, one year my parents got me a whole stock of Stephen King books for my birthday, including the last Dark Tower book instead of the first, lol. At first I wasn't all too interested in reading it (westerns weren't necessarily my thing in 7th grade), but I found the first one in a Borders in Baltimore and was drawn in by the synopsis/pictures (I know, don't judge a book by its cover, blah, blah, blah). So I read it and fell in love...now I got my dad and my brother hooked, too!

Roland of course! I've never experienced a literary character quite like him.

It's a close tie between The Waste Lands and The Dark Tower VII. Blaine is a pain (but also extremely entertaining at times).

How old are you?
Currently I am 15 going on 16.

Where are you from?
The home of the rose, NYC! :P

Do you have a nickname?
You may call me Lexi. :)

Brice
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome Lexi! :)

Jean
12-30-2009, 10:48 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/Welcome2DKittySwing.jpg

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Welcome Aileen, Clyde, Terrilyn, Bookmonkey and Lexi. Hope you all enjoy the site.

Myste
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Welcome all the new faces! :cowboy:

magzmonstar
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Hello.

Well, I became a huge SK fan after reading It and promptly began to read all of his published works in order. I worked my way to The Gunslinger and became hooked after realizing that most of his books are in some way related to TDT.

The Man in Black. <3
After reading The Stand, it's nearly impossible to not fall in love with dear old Flagg.

I've only just finished Wizard and Glass, and by far I'd have to say the former when concerning TDT series. In all Stephen King books, I'd say The Stand.

How old are you?
15. I've had a love of literature ever since I learned how to read.

Where are you from?
Edinburg, Texas. That's wayyyy down south at the very tip of Texas, about fifteen minutes away from MX.

do you have a nickname?
My name is Maggie, people call me Magz, Magginator, Maglet. Online i prefer Magzmonstar, I have a Coheed and Cambria obsession you see.

magzmonstar
01-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Hello.

Well, I became a huge SK fan after reading It and promptly began to read all of his published works in order. I worked my way to The Gunslinger and became hooked after realizing that most of his books are in some way related to TDT.

The Man in Black. <3
After reading The Stand, it's nearly impossible to not fall in love with dear old Flagg.

I've only just finished Wizard and Glass, and by far I'd have to say the latter when concerning TDT series. In all Stephen King books, I'd say The Stand.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Edinburg, Texas. That's wayyyy down south at the very tip of Texas.
do you have a nickname?
My name is Maggie, people call me Magz, Magginator, Maglet. Online i prefer Magzmonstar, I have a Coheed and Cambria obsession as well, you see.

Matt
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I like "Maglet" a lot though! :lol:

Welcome to the site, it is really cool to meet you.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Welcome Magz, nice to have another fellow Texan. I am from Lubbock. Hope you enjoy the site.

alinda
01-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello all you new folken, welcome to the site.:couple:

futuramaguy07
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? - The books or the site? Well, to be fair, the answer to both of these is fairly similar. I am a huge fan of fantasy novels, with my favorite author in that genre being Terry Brooks. I belong to a forum for his works, and was told to read The Dark Tower when I was looking for other fantasy type stuff since I have read all of his novels. I then joined the official Stephen King site and disliked the massive amount of moderation (closed on weekends/every message needs approval) so I asked on the Brooks site for a better site, and was directed here.

Who is your favorite charcter? I am currently reading the novels, (currently on Wizard and Glass) and must say that so far I really like the way Susan is being developed.

What is your favorite book? I'm not all that far into W&G, but right now I would say The Waste Lands is my favorite.

How old are you? 20 years old, turning 21 in about a month.

Where are you from? From Michigan, near Lansing. Currently go to college in Sault Sainte Marie, MI at LSSU.

do you have a nickname? Big John, I'm 6'4" and although I wouldn't call myself fat, I am by no means a toothpick. I think the nickname fits.

Anyone that plays xbox live, feel free to add me (Buckskin07)

I'm working on a Parks and Recreation Bachelor's Degree, Natural Resource Technology Associates, as well as an Accounting Minor.

lowdown
01-03-2010, 12:16 PM
welcome all ...this site is the best there is on the net :)

AlishaRiley
01-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Hello.

The Man in Black. <3

I've only just finished Wizard and Glass, and by far I'd have to say the former when concerning TDT series. In all Stephen King books, I'd say The Stand.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Edinburg, Texas. That's wayyyy down south at the very tip of Texas, about fifteen minutes away from MX.

do you have a nickname?
My name is Maggie, people call me Magz, Magginator, Maglet. Online i prefer Magzmonstar, I have a Coheed and Cambria obsession you see.

A Coheed obsession says ye?
A most excitable welcome to you, my dear!

Savvy
01-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Hey everyone!

My first Stephen King book was IT and I was about 15/16. I didn't decide until last year that I was going to try and buy all of his books and those of another author. So I decided to start off with the dark tower series!

I do like all of them but it has to be Roland for me :)

Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Norfolk, England. On the map its the bit what I like to call the bum of Britain! Could be a good thing or a bad thing hehe

do you have a nickname?
No, I use Savvy as a name on forums and games. I just like the way Jack Sparrow says it really.

Noel Andrew Harron
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello there, my name's Noel, hailing from London, Northern Ireland originally.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My friend Stevie introduced me to this epic, and once read, and read again a slight obsession has emerged, now I'm getting myself through the rest of his works to see the connections and the amount this huge story has affected his writing!

Who is your favorite charcter? Such a hard one, so many, I'd have to say Susannah, not only does she kick some serious ass, her journey, apart from Roland's naturally, is the one with the most twist and turns, plus you never really know who you're gonna get!

Wizard and Glass, beautiful and sad, just a fantastic story, it really opens us to Roland's emotional conditioning and shows us just the beginning of the man we now know and love.

How old are you? 26

Where are you from? Lisburn in Northern Ireland was where I was born but I live in London, Wimbledon to be exact

do you have a nickname?
Most people call me Noelly.

Myste
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome, new one's :cowboy:

Brice
01-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Welcome! :)

ka_8_tet
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello! I am new to this site. Just signed up today, but I have been 'reading' it for about two weeks.

I am a die-hard Lost fan, and since the end of Season 5, I felt quite 'lost' myself. I was browsing Netflix, and found SK's "Hearts in Atlantis" movie, (which was not completely true to the book), and watched it. The book was so much richer!

Well, to make a long story straight, I signed up on the SK web site, and discovered this fantastic series of books!!! I did a search on Amazon, and other sites, in order to find all seven of the books. It was harder to find them all than one might think!

As soon as they arrived, about three weeks ago, I dug right in. I have finished all but the last few pages of "Song of Susannnah", and can't wait to start the last book in the series, "The Dark Tower".

I love SK's writing. He has a wonderfully complex way of pulling the reader into the book, and more particularly into the personna of the characters. He is the King of Character Development, imo.

Initially, I liked SOS up until SK wrote himself into the storyline. To tell the truth, I thought it was a little cheesy. However, I will wait until I finish all of the books, to clarify my opinion of SOS.

I love all of the characters, but Jake and Oy, are my favorites. I accidently stumbled onto a post in the SOS section, where somebody gave away a very sad spoiler, which was not marked as a spoiler, regarding Jake, and I almost cried!

I am looking forward to talking to all of you, and exchanging your opinions, and ideas! The books are so thorough, and complex, that input from other fans is greatly welcomed.

Hopefully, I want to collect all of this series in hardback, as well as buy the audio C.D.'s.

I was saddened to learn that J.J. Abrams, though owning the rights to produce "The Dark Tower" series, will not be doing so. I suppose it is for the best, since I doubt that it would be possible, because of complexity, and other things. I say this because I am a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien's books, and after seeing the ending of the trilogy in movie form, I was extremely unhappy with the 'altered' ending.

I want to watch movies which remain true to the author of the books. Not movies in which the director decides he does not want to follow the story as written, as did Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I like Liv Tyler, but come on,...that was not the way the books ended, as per Tolkien. Oh well...

This site is really exceptional! Thanks to all of you who maintain it,..it looks like a ton of work, but I know it is greatly appreciated! In this case, as with most things,..."All things serve the beam!"

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Wizard and Glass.

Wizard and Glass, beautiful and sad, just a fantastic story, it really opens us to Roland's emotional conditioning and shows us just the beginning of the man we now know and love.

HAHA....Two more wonderful, CORRECT, members. Welcome to the site.

Dereleth
01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for settng up this site.
Many years ago, with long, painful waits between volumes. Been a King fan since my teens.

Roland, never let it be said otherwise.

Wizards and Glass followed closely by Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Out of the desert of Southern California

do you have a nickname?
Dereleth will do.

Jon
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Welcome!!!

Matt
01-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Hey Dereleth! Welcome to the path of the beam. Great to meet you.

Ageless Stranger
01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Hello everyone. New here, but I'm reading the Dark Tower for the second time in the last three months. Look forward to future palaver.

Ageless Stranger

Jon
01-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Welcome, Stranger!

lowdown
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
good day too you mr. stranger:)

Stu
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi, I'm Stu. Any of the old darktower.net folks around these parts?

How about camp doc survivors?

Hi if you are out there.

ManOfWesternesse
01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Stu.
Yeah, plenty old .netters here. Welcome to .COM!

Stu
01-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and happy birthday.

Brice
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi, I'm Stu. Any of the old darktower.net folks around these parts?

How about camp doc survivors?

Hi if you are out there.

Some of both. Welcome! :)

Adam19
01-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Its great to find all you DT fans. Any time i needed a relief from reality it has always been there. long days and pleasant nights to you all

It was given to me as a gift while recovering from surgery as a kid

Roland

Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Columbus, GA

do you have a nickname?
DC

Brice
01-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Welcome Adam! :)

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Welcome all new tower junkies.

Jean
01-14-2010, 12:53 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Jon
01-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Welcome Adam.

calvinrock0406
01-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Greetings,

I am new here, im am currently reading The Dark Tower series and absolutely loveing it, i am on The Wolfs of The Calla, I am 23, from texas, I discovered the series just b/c i am a big Stephen King fan and it was only natural or maybe ka that i would read his masterpiece. i look foward to hold much palaver with you all.

calvin
:rose:

Matt
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Hey Calvin, welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Watch out for spoilers on the last books.

turtlex
01-16-2010, 04:38 PM
hey calvin !! Welcome to the site.

Word of warning - careful when reading threads, since you're still working on the series!

:grouphug:

daemon
01-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Well, I was looking for info about tv series LOST and I learned that the producers of the series are fans of the dark tower.

Eddie Dean. The fact that he was detoxified shows that he is a strong-willed person.

I am on third book now so I vote for it "the waste lands"

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Greece

do you have a nickname?
Not really.

Letti
01-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Welcome to the site daemon! You will love it here.

Jean
01-17-2010, 04:19 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-3.jpg

alinda
01-17-2010, 05:39 AM
hello , and welcome to your new home!:wtf:

towerloveFTW
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
My dad loved the series, and all Stephen King books. When he died I got very interested in them and now i'm hooked =]

Roland, he's elite.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Cincinnati

do you have a nickname?
Charles... i'm a female though, don't be confused.

Brice
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Welcome Charles! :)

SynysterSaint
01-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Welcome Charles, and Daemon, and Adam, and Stranger! I hope you enjoy it here. And as someone above me pointed out: be mindful of watching out for potential spoilers of the last book! I joined this site while I was still reading the series and I was scared to death of finding out the ending. As long as things are tagged properly (ex: Text here) then you should be fine. Do ya kennit?

turtlex
01-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Welcome new friends !!

Jon
01-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Welcome!

gordoballs
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello, my name is Matt. I am just finishing up my first time through the series. I can't say enough, how much i enjoyed it. Never much of a King fan (which is funny cause I'm from Maine) but i now have a new found respect for his writing. Like i said I just finished the series and am now eagerly collecting the Marvel Trade editions of the comics.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My brother and another bandmate told me try it out. I never was one for fiction really, but i am now.

Who is your favorite character? I really liked Mordred, but i wish there was more written of him. After that, hmmm, i guess i liked jake the most. He was just a really interesting character.

What is your favorite book? Probably a toss up between Wastelands and Darktower

How old are you? 30

Where are you from? Lewiston, Maine. Sai-King witnessed me hitting a double in the state game for baseball when i played in high school.

do you have a nickname? no

Jon
01-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Welcome!!

Myste
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Welcome newcomers :cowboy:

Pucky
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi, I'm Barry (Pucky)
Been a fan of King since Salem's Lot.
Have read all of the DT series and everything else King has written.
Have a posting in Collections with pics.
Been a member(?) of The Green Mile for years.
Jake was my favourite character (cried like a little girl in book 7)
No favourite book, all are awesome.
I'm 63.
I'm in Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Nickname is Pucky

Matt
01-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey Pucky, great to meet you. Glad you made it on okay.

Aylania
01-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi there everyone, my name's Cath. I've just found this forum (don't know how it's taken me so long) and it seems pretty cool. I thought the easiest thing to do would be to use the questions Sarah posted ages ago so here goes...

Randomly in my local library many years ago when I was about 16.

Jake

The Waste Lands - definitely!

How old are you?

I am 22

Where are you from?

Cardiff in the UK

do you have a nickname?

It's not a nickname so much as a name I use online. Aylania. It was a character name I thought of when I was writing some short stories.

I've always been a fan of King. My dad used to read his books to me when I was younger. The Dark Tower however, has to be my favourite series of books ever :)

turtlex
01-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the site, Aylania!!!

:grouphug:

Aylania
01-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Thank ya Turtlex :rose: :)

Jean
01-20-2010, 07:04 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

SynysterSaint
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Nice of you to join us, Aylania. Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here =^_^=

Aylania
01-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm sure I will enjoy it here :)

pathoftheturtle
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Well met, Aylania. I'm Mike. B C'n Ya.

Colleen19
01-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Hello, my name's Colleen. I'm an addict.

When I was about 14 I found a beat up old paperback of The Gunslinger my mom had stashed with a ton of other books in the garage. I was already a King fanatic by that point and it only fueled the fire.

Uh, Roland. But then Eddie is a close second.

Hard choice. Although I love the back story in Wizard and Glass, I'd have to chose The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

San Diego native

do you have a nickname?

Yes. No, I won't tell you. I will tell you that I once played a D&D game where my characters name was Suedell (as in Susan Delgado) and I did everything in my power including coercing the DM in every way possible to make her a badass true horse riding gunslinger.

I stole these from Alyania - - hopefully they're a good icebreaker. Nice to meet everyone!

Matt
01-22-2010, 01:00 AM
Welcome to the site Colleen, we totally agree on the favorite books and for the same reasons.

Hope you love the place :clap:

Jean
01-22-2010, 05:02 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

Mars Eclipse
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Howdy everyone :)

Well, I had finished the Lestat Books by Anne Rice, and wanted another long series to read. I was shoved towards the Dark Tower series, because I was a big fan of the books I had already read by Stephen King.

Patrick Danville of course. At first it was Jake, but I grew to love Patrick more.

In the series? The last. In general? Wuthering Heights.

How old are you?
Sorry, but I keep this stuff private ^^

Where are you from?
I was born in Washington, grew up in Oregon, and am in Maui at the moment.

do you have a nickname?
A few ^^ You can call me Mars, Cat, or Love, - I answer to all three.

Matt
01-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey Mars! Welcome to the site, that is a unique character choice.

alinda
01-23-2010, 07:00 AM
*waves* Hi everybody! "welcome to the best darned site you'll find anywhere on the web"
I am very pleased to meet you all, it's always nice to find so many more are together with us on the beam.:)

SynysterSaint
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM

I don't think I've seen anyone pick Patrick as their favorite character yet. That is definitely interesting!

Jon
01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Hello folken!

TheCultLeader
01-24-2010, 01:33 AM
The graphic novel caught my eye at the store.
Roland, I suppose.
I've only read The Gunslinger thus far.
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Kansas
do you have a nickname?
No

candy
01-24-2010, 02:34 AM
:couple:hello and welcome all the new peoples:couple:

JohnT
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello all. Before I go any further I must confess that I've registered at this website for a purely selfish purpose. I am a comic, pulp, and sci-fi collector and I have stumbled on something in my collection that I want to know more about.

I was looking through a batch of old Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction digests and I noticed that my October 1978 issue had a story by Stephen King titled "The Gunslinger." I knew enough about the Dark Tower series to remember that this is the title of the first volume. A quick search of the web leads me to believe that this digest is the first publication of the series.

So, I'd like to ask the community a) is it true tha this is the first published installment of DT, b) am I right to assume that this is a fairly important collectors item, and c) does anyone know how I can get a valuation on this book?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

John

turtlex
01-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey John - Welcome to the site!! And there are tons of collectors here. Head on over to Calvin's Corner and there you will find all the info you need!!!

JohnT
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Found it Thanks turtlex!

Also just found a couple of more installments of "Gunslinger" in digest form. Seems weird to see the famous words from the novel in these musty old mags...

Matt
01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Hello all. Before I go any further I must confess that I've registered at this website for a purely selfish purpose. I am a comic, pulp, and sci-fi collector and I have stumbled on something in my collection that I want to know more about.

I was looking through a batch of old Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction digests and I noticed that my October 1978 issue had a story by Stephen King titled "The Gunslinger." I knew enough about the Dark Tower series to remember that this is the title of the first volume. A quick search of the web leads me to believe that this digest is the first publication of the series.

So, I'd like to ask the community a) is it true tha this is the first published installment of DT, b) am I right to assume that this is a fairly important collectors item, and c) does anyone know how I can get a valuation on this book?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Edit: Ah, you got it. Welcome to the site!

John

Hey John, as Turtlex said, you should really take this question into Calvin's Corner and hit the collectors with it. They all hang out there talking shop and rarely venture out. :lol:

However, the biggest in the US and world are in there so I'm sure they would love to meet you. Sounds like you might have something cool.

Mars Eclipse
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM

Heh, well, Patrick reached my heart more then any of the others, I suppose ^^ I just wanted to :huglove: him.
Thanks for the welcome, I like this place already :thumbsup:

Jon
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Welcome folken. Cult leader...I like the SN!

cooperlegend
01-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Hello

Im Gary from the Uk. Started the Dark tower series whan Wizard & Glass came out (was it 98 or 99) Didint get the full set until 3 years ago and to be honest after the ending I immediately sold the books as I felt cheated. however after reading the Dark tower again from the Library I realised that like a lot of SK books its all about the journey rather than the destinations so with the help of Ebay I reinstated my collection and am reading them again. The characters are mostly the best in any book i ever read (Although The Talsiman & Dark House books are very close and TBF The Stand is a book i would take is i was only allowed 1 book) So Intro over, Lets Palaver!!!!

Brice
01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Welcome! :)

ItsAllgood
01-28-2010, 04:00 PM

I found The Gunslinger in a box of books my father in law gave me.

Cuthbert Allgood, the guy died laughing in a battle charge.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?

not that I know of

Where are you from?

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Matt
01-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Hey Allgood, welcome to the site. :rock:

CrimsonMordred
01-29-2010, 12:45 AM
I did not know that there was a DT forum.... I am home, thankee sai.

---------------

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Found The Drawing of the Three in my Highschool Library, however, they did not have the Gunslinger. I had to find the rest of the series in various used bookstores.

Who is your favorite character? Good Character is Jake Chambers, Bad Character is Mordred Deschain

What is your favorite book? The Gunslinger

How old are you? 23

Where are you from? USA

do you have a nickname? Jeffff (yes, with that many F's)

Jon
01-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Welcome!!!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Hi everybody!

http://www.suitetake.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/drnick.png

alinda
01-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Hello all, I am fasinated to read your introductions, you are all very
interesting people. I look forward to getting to know each of you
better. I am glad that we have found each other in this forum.
Welcome, come on in and have a look around we are a family here.:grouphug:

ClicheGuevara
01-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow, I haven't been on here in almost a year..Don't know if many of you remember me since I wasn't around long. Kinda got lost in real life, and stopped going on forums for a while there.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Welcome back!

silverwing86
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

Thought I should perhaps introduce myself just so I'm not mistaken for some nasty spammer or something :lol: !

I'm a 43 year old female, nicknamed Silver, living in New Zealand after emigrating from The Netherlands in 2007. Have been 'into' SK for many, many years now (have a HUGE collection of his works !) and just recently re-read the DT series (including all the 'related works' !), such a joy ! No favourites here as I love 'm all !

A bit nutty :excited: so had this tattoo'd on my left arm after arriving in my new home country in 2007:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/NZtat2007small.JPGhttp://www.n2w.nl/images/NZtat2007small.JPG

It tells not only of my love of all things SK/DT, but also of what happened to me when I emigrated to New Zealand (the Koru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koru) shaped Kiwi bird (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi) and fern leaves symbolise New Zealand and considering the forum where I'm posting this I guess I don't need to explain the rest, right :rofl: ?); home, at long last !

Found this place because of the Discordia game (great stuff !) and have been lurking off and on ever since, nice place :thumbsup: !

Cheers,
Silver

PS and oh yeah (in case it wasn't already blatantly obvious ;) !) I have a 'thing' for smileys:clap:, sorry 'bout that :blush: ...

nightbloomers
01-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Hello!

I read the Stand last year and I happened to learn that a certain dude makes an appearance in The Dark Tower Series, so I had to start reading that too.

Well, I'm still in the middle of the series (I'm reading Wizard and Glass right now) and I have to say that Jake is probably my favorite character. I just really enjoy the scenes that he is in. I love Oy too.

So far I like The Waste Lands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
California

do you have a nickname?
Not really.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Welcome Silver and Nightbloomers!
*cracks a couple of Speights and passes them around*

Make yourselves at home....but beware.....Here there be tygers.

Well at least Bears and Wolves.

SynysterSaint
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Welcome all! Don't feel shy about posting; we're all nice here :)

alinda
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Silverwing & Nightbloomer, it's so very nice to meetcha :D

Synyster, I just noticed what time you finished reading TDT. Had you been up all night to finish?:)

Matt
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I love to see fun new members!

Welcome you guys, like was said above, don't feel shy about posting. :grouphug:

mia/susannah
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Hello FIgured I would introduce myself again in case you guys forgot me,. Ihave not been around in a while I am mia/susannah the castle chef, LOL am glad to be back :grouphug:

CrimsonMordred
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi, welcome back Mia. I'm rather new here myself. Most people call me Mordred or CM

mia/susannah
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
CM it is very nice to meet you :huglove: and thank you for the welcome back. You will love it here lots of good people:grouphug:

candy
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Hello FIgured I would introduce myself again in case you guys forgot me,. Ihave not been around in a while I am mia/susannah the castle chef, LOL am glad to be back :grouphug:

piffle!!!! no one has forgotten you and your wonderful cooking, we haven't eaten in months. i even raided linda's pharmacy for food:drool: just dont tell her><

mia/susannah
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Candy, shhh your secret is safe with me hun

Grey
02-02-2010, 12:31 PM
My late step-father was an author of horror novels and he was a fan of Stephen King,. When I was 12 he gave me It to read and I loved it. When I entered high school I lost interest in reading and became too caught up with playing guitar and girls to care about reading. Or, better, I just didn't have the time.

Then I picked up Cell because a girl gave it to me. I started reading and I couldn't stop. I started reading every Stephen King book I could get my hands on and watching every Stephen King movie and then I picked up The Gunslinger. The girl, Sarah, told me it was boring and her least favorite, but once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. Here I am. This isn't some sort of journal entry, so I'm going to cut myself off now.

But, I have to add, that since I first picked up The Gunslinger my life and view of it has not been the same.

Cuthbert.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Derby, Connecticut.

Do you have a nickname?
My name is Justin.

Thank you for reading!

Matt
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
But, I have to add, that since I first picked up The Gunslinger my life and view of it has not been the same.

I think a lot of us feel that exact same way. Welcome to the path of the beam Grey :thumbsup:

Grey
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I think a lot of us feel that exact same way. Welcome to the path of the beam Grey :thumbsup:

I sure hope so..haha, that's why I am here!

Thank you for the welcome.

SynysterSaint
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Synyster, I just noticed what time you finished reading TDT. Had you been up all night to finish?:)

Well, I picked it up around 11 the previous night, and I decided I would read one chapter and go to sleep. And then things happened, and I just couldn't put it down. So yeah, I had been up all night haha

You're the first person to notice :huglove:

silverwing86
02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome guys/gals, much appreciated :grouphug: !

Cheers,
Silver

Jon
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Welcome!!!

Jean
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

Myrtok
02-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi, I'm Myrtok. I picked up a paperback of DT 1 about 10 years ago, a bit intrigued by a SK book with a cowboy on the cover. I read the series up through Wizard and Glass several times before the last part of the series finally got published. I remember absolutely salivating over any shred about the Dark Tower I could gleen from the several other novels and short stories that make reference to midworld while I was waiting for Wolves of the Calla to finally become available. Just lately my brother returned volumes 1 and 2 after having borrowed them, and I started all over again, hence my sudden interest in this site.

turtlex
02-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the site, Myrtok !!!

Lots of great information and news here, just beware of SPOILERS if you haven't finished the complete series yet.

ManOfWesternesse
02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Welcome Myrtok.

Hannah
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi, I'm Myrtok. I picked up a paperback of DT 1 about 10 years ago, a bit intrigued by a SK book with a cowboy on the cover. I read the series up through Wizard and Glass several times before the last part of the series finally got published. I remember absolutely salivating over any shred about the Dark Tower I could gleen from the several other novels and short stories that make reference to midworld while I was waiting for Wolves of the Calla to finally become available. Just lately my brother returned volumes 1 and 2 after having borrowed them, and I started all over again, hence my sudden interest in this site.

Welcome! We have little subforums for discussions on each book and the series in general, so you came to the right place. :D

Mist_on_the_Water
02-04-2010, 08:47 AM
IT HAS BEEN SOOOOOOO LONG SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE O.O

I missed you guys :panic:

Stuffy-Guy
02-04-2010, 04:18 PM

I had held off on reading the Dark Tower books [my bad, don't ask me why], but so enjoyed "The Little Sisters of Eluria" when I read "Everything's Eventual" that I needed to start in on "The Gunslinger". I haven't read anything but the series since starting in, and I'm now almost done with "Wolves of the Calla". I'm reading with a degree of urgency, needless to say....

Cuthbert -- I even purchased a rook skull so I could have my very own "Lookout"

Of the ones I've completed? "Wizard and Glass" I suppose, but it's close

How old are you?

I was born in the 60's....

Where are you from?

I'm from Greater Boston

Do you have a nickname

Nothing I'd care to disclose yet -- gotta preserve some mystery. Feel free to call me Bill, though.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this site, it's nice to have others along for my reckless ride into obsession. Seems like a decent ka-tet here.

dubrosa22
02-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi, I've posted a few new DT treasures I've recently picked up but otherwise I'm squeaky-clean around here so I thought I'd introduce myself:

I was probably 13 when I first read 'The Gunslinger'. The Sphere UK edition without the Whelan illustrations.
I had read a lot of King (Misery, The Shining, Night Shift, Salems Lot, Tommyknockers) that year and was absolutely adamant that I would read as much of the master as possible! Lucky for me I found a copy of DTI!
'The Gunslinger' was profound enough for me to begin and re-begin a series of knock-off DT short-stories. None which were ever finished or worth reading! :doh:
The DT series up until IV was really hard to get in Australia (comparatively) so I probably didn't read DTII and III until at least 1992. Hard to say.
I would devour the rest of the series as quickly as King could write and publish it. :drool:

Who is your favourite character?
Cuthbert Allgood.
Am I only one around here who thinks that 'Wizard And Glass' was freaking awesome!?!!???
Also Oy rocks especially in DTVII.

Of the DT series I would say DTII because it really made the series explode in my mind with that book. After the dusty bare-bones of DTI it completely transformed the DT world and the possibilities became endless (although I never imagined the plot-lines of DTV-VII could eventuate!)

How old are you?
31 years.

Where are you from?
Blue Mountains, Australia

Do you have a nickname?
No, actually. :cool:

Thx guys!

saxy555
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
As a way of saying hello and introducing myself I'll just do this. I'm an open book (no pun intended). Ask me anything!

I found The Gunslinger at a yard sale. Never looked back.

Jake Chambers, absolutely! Of all the characters he is the most noble, yet still remains human.

The Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?

In real life, Cin. Online, Saxy

Where are you from?

Northern California, although I now live in Eastern Oklahoma.

Hannah
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm glad I stumbled upon this site, it's nice to have others along for my reckless ride into obsession. Seems like a decent ka-tet here.

Welcome, Bill! I'm glad you found this site too. :D We think it's pretty awesome.

Thx guys!

Welcome to the site, dubs!

As a way of saying hello and introducing myself I'll just do this. I'm an open book (no pun intended). Ask me anything!

I found The Gunslinger at a yard sale. Never looked back.

Jake Chambers, absolutely! Of all the characters he is the most noble, yet still remains human.

The Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

do you have a nickname?

In real life, Cin. Online, Saxy

Where are you from?

Northern California, although I now live in Eastern Oklahoma.

Welcome, Saxy! :)

candy
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
welcome to all!!! dive in and enjoy and i look forwards to discussing the books and more with you all:rose:

SynysterSaint
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome, everyone! I hope you enjoy it here. Being a fairly new member myself, I can attest to how quickly you'll become a member of our Tet!

You have no idea. Whatever level of obsession you have here, I'm sure you will find others who are just as bad (myself included). The moderators here are fantastic; I'm sure you'll have a blast! Make sure to check out the threads within the Wizard and Glass book section. If that's your favorite book so far then I can promise you that you'll find some threads of interest. My personal favorite of all of the W&G threads: Who's responsible for Susan's death?

Matt
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
That is an amazing discussion that offers a great amount of insight.

Welcome to the site everyone, I hope you enjoy it.

alinda
02-06-2010, 06:25 AM
:excited:W00t whOOt, hello everybody! Gosh it's nice to see new faces around.
Welcome to the site y'all, you really are so gonna love it here.:fairy:
Thanks for sharing a bit of yourselves too, come on in and lets start sharing some
more. Whad'ya say? :couple:

Stuffy-Guy
02-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Just finished reading "Wolves..." Freakin'-A amazing!! Been a long time since I cheered out loud while reading a book -- only time as an adult. :clap: I've already carved out enough scheduled time to read "Song..." this weekend.

For those who've read the series more than once -- and I'm sensing that's most of you -- do rereadings bring nearly the reward and revelation of the first time through?

alinda
02-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Oh yeah, just as emotional every time for me. The highs, lows
tears. What a journey each time, and often picking up some
thing new, unnoticed etc...on rereads.:couple: Welcome stuffy guy!

DocPain
02-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi all. I regged a while back, just have not actively posted. I'm a huge Tower fan as well as just about everything else from SK.

CrimsonMordred
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey Doc, I'm pretty new here, but I have a huge Stephen King Collection myself. Welcome Back

DocPain
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Doc, I'm pretty new here, but I have a huge Stephen King Collection myself. Welcome Back

Howdy!!

alinda
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello Doc, it's very nice to meetcha!!! welcome home:P

DocPain
02-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Hello Doc, it's very nice to meetcha!!! welcome home:P

Jon
02-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Welcome!

Jean
02-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Just finished reading "Wolves..." Freakin'-A amazing!! Been a long time since I cheered out loud while reading a book -- only time as an adult. :clap:
this is my man!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearB.jpghttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearheart.gif

alinda
02-07-2010, 05:32 AM
:wub: It's heartwarming to read the expressions of the just finished
reading junkies isnt it?:fairy:

DT Music Project
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Long days and pleasant nights. I'm a musician from the UK. For the last four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. The project is nearly two thirds completed. My aim in joining this site (apart from discussing sai King's greatest work) is to promote my work, hopefully I will be able to bring my project to a larger audience of DT lovers.

I was a long time Constant Reader but not a DT fan (a state of mind I cannot even imagine now!) despite my elder brother's constant nagging. It wasn't until my friend bought me The Gunslinger (revised) for my birthday that I ventured on the greatest literary adventure of my life.

Roland is an easy answer, but aside from him I'd probably choose Eddie.

The Drawing of the Three without doubt.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Lots of different places in England

do you have a nickname?
My musical moniker is Fingers T

SynysterSaint
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Long days and pleasant nights. I'm a musician from the UK. For the last four years I have been working on a project to interpret the Dark Tower series into music. The project is nearly two thirds completed. My aim in joining this site (apart from discussing sai King's greatest work) is to promote my work, hopefully I will be able to bring my project to a larger audience of DT lovers.

That's really awesome! Would you need a bassist by any chance? I've been looking for a good excuse to move to the UK :P

Welcome to the site, Music! I hope you enjoy it here.

DT Music Project
02-07-2010, 06:41 PM
That's really awesome! Would you need a bassist by any chance? I've been looking for a good excuse to move to the UK :P

Welcome to the site, Music! I hope you enjoy it here.

Thankee sai!
I do play bass on my tracks, though my main skills are guitar and keyboard. If you'd like to collaberate sometime let me know.

SynysterSaint
02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Thankee sai!
I do play bass on my tracks, though my main skills are guitar and keyboard. If you'd like to collaberate sometime let me know.

I would be honored to be a part of your project if that's at all possible. If you send me a few excerpts from a couple songs (Blaine is one of my favorites), then I could try them out with some recording equipment and tell you if it's anything I could help with. Whether you send them as tabs or sheet music, it doesn't matter. If need be, I can give you an e-mail address. If that's anything you would be interested in, please tell me. Like I said, I would love to be part of your project!

Jon
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Welcome!