PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Jean
09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

Matt
09-19-2009, 04:41 AM
Hello, I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself :)

I ahve read most of King's work which of course includes the Dark Tower series...just about the read it again for the second time.

Great to meet you elley, welcome to the site.

Jon
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
WELCOME!

Patrick
09-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Welcome to all the new members! Glad to have you here.

sharicat
09-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi! I am Emma, son of David.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
Well. I am a massive SK fan, have been for many years, and I originally read the gunslinger about ten years ago, and found it a bit bleak and hard to get into. Fast forward ten years (and not many new SK books to devour!) and I tried it again. I can't believe I wrote it off as not for me, and almost missed out on the amazing tale
of Roland and his Ka-tet! I am on Wolves on the Calla now and taking my time, savouring each book. I also have an 18 month-old son who curtails my reading time a bit, so it's going to take me a while to finish it! :P

Who is your favorite character?
Since reading Wizard and Glass, probably Roland. What a guy, what a life! Oy is pretty awesome too :)

What is your favorite book?
The Drawing of the Three. The story of the pusher and how Roland took care of him was amazing, so gripping and fast-paced. I am also horribly fascinated by the lobstrosities, I just marvel at how SK comes up with stuff like that!

How old are you?
I am 29.

Where are you from?
Scotland, UK.

Do you have a nickname?
Shari or sharicat, it's my SN pretty much everywhere on the internets!

looking forward to palaver with you all and discussing Roland and friends!

ManOfWesternesse
09-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Welcome sharicat.

Jon
09-24-2009, 01:57 PM
WELCOME!

Jean
09-25-2009, 12:28 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/Welcome2DKittySwing.jpg

Beambounder
09-27-2009, 06:22 AM

I ahve read most of King's work which of course includes the Dark Tower series...just about the read it again for the second time.

Welcome, Sai King is in my mind sice the early eighties, My life without the loss of arm is Edgar Freemantle's ... no joke. Have fun.

Beambounder
09-27-2009, 06:23 AM

Welcome, Sai King is in my mind since the early eighties, My life without the loss of arm is Edgar Freemantle's ... no joke. Have fun.

alinda
09-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Welcome...Emma,Ella, & Beambounder!!:grouphug: So very good to meet you all!

AlishaRiley
09-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Welcome to all the new guys and gals. :grouphug:
The kettle's on, come on in. Make yourselves at home. :P

lowdown
09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
welcome everybody ...what a great site....im new and its really cool

alinda
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey there lowdown, welcome to the site...yeah we love it alot, I'm certain you will too! :thumbsup:

Mark
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Not so much an Introduction as an "I'm back".

I'm back now xD

Jean
09-29-2009, 12:51 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif

gigaherc
09-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Hello!

Finally I've found my haven!
Jesus, I've been looking for such place for so long. Movies and books are my calling but imdb forums are not-so-good for discussing such detailed subjects.

Welcome!

Hope this is beginning of a great ride!

BTW- in a wy to expose my fanboism towards the DT books I've made my own DT movie cast listing. Check this out- I'll post it in some other thread as soon as I start exploring the site!

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5538/darktowercast.jpg

alinda
09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Welcome gigaherc. It's a pleasure to have this chance to meet you.:grouphug:

Some great choices for cast members, btw.

keyframe
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome to everyone.

Mejis Barony
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello to all,

Glad to have found this site (I'm a huge DT freak).

Good.

jermcoll
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello, fellow travelers!
I have something to admit: I havdn't read any of the Dark Tower books till the 1st of September, 2009. I am currently nearing the middle of the fourth book, and am completely awed by the story thus far. I have been aware of the books for a very long time, and have even tried to read The Gunslinger a few times. I don't know why I couldn't get into it before, but recently I tried again and was pulled into Rolands world. Now I'm reading through the books as fast as I can go, often finding myself day dreaming about what the Dark Tower really means to Roland, his Ka-Tet, and me (you know, while at work or watching one of the many chick-flicks I must endure from time to time). I am so glad that I picked up the old copy I had of the Gunslinger and forced myself through the first few pages. I can't imagine going my entire life without this magnificent story and all the rich wonders within. I hope the story will never end, in print or spirit, and can't wait to finish it all so that I can start again! Hopefully we (you, the community, and I) will have some great conversations in the future!
Regards,
Jeremy

mia/susannah
09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Welcome everyone!!!! Nice to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you

darkwolf
09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Hello!

BTW- in a wy to expose my fanboism towards the DT books I've made my own DT movie cast listing. Check this out- I'll post it in some other thread as soon as I start exploring the site!

Welcome! And man oh man, I agree with most of your choices, they're great!

Jean
09-30-2009, 10:21 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-1.jpg

gigaherc
10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Hello!

Welcome! And man oh man, I agree with most of your choices, they're great!

Darkwolf - thans a lot, ant thank you all for warm welcome.
btw I'm half way through the last book.

And was I stupid to call LOTR the best and most epic fantasy story...

Myste
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm Myste and I'm Dark Tower junkie from Finland. Don't know why I haven't register here earlier - but better late than never, right!?
Little bit about myself; I'm 30 years old, huge fan of Stephen King of course and a Tower junkie. I live in Lahti, Finland and I have a wife and one child. I'm working in a shop as a seller... I enjoy reading, collecting King -related stuff, computing, music, movies and playing guitar.
That's about it... nice to be here! :thumbsup:

mia/susannah
10-04-2009, 11:27 AM
SO good to meet all of you, welcome !!!

Jean
10-04-2009, 11:31 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Brice
10-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Welcome to your new home. :)

Matt
10-05-2009, 04:23 AM
I'm Myste and I'm Dark Tower junkie from Finland. Don't know why I haven't register here earlier - but better late than never, right!?
Little bit about myself; I'm 30 years old, huge fan of Stephen King of course and a Tower junkie. I live in Lahti, Finland and I have a wife and one child. I'm working in a shop as a seller... I enjoy reading, collecting King -related stuff, computing, music, movies and playing guitar.
That's about it... nice to be here! :thumbsup:

Great to meet you, welcome to the site.

Myste
10-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Thank you... than you all :)

alinda
10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
A most sincere welcome to you all! :grouphug:

Thaine_Rogers
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Hail, Gunslingers!

BigCrazy247
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you... than you all :)

Velkommen! Sorry you're sick. Get better quickly.

Jean
10-08-2009, 01:37 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomehorse-1.jpg

ewald
10-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello, I'm Ewald,

Another Dutchy joining your forum :D

Well, I started the first book years ago. However, it took me a long time to go through it and I stopped after this first book. Thanks to the Dutch Stephen King Fanclub (and being a few years older) I gave it a second try: and it got me! Lucky me, I could read all the books one after another, without waiting for years 'till the next book would come ;)

That's Jake, and Oy as runner up. Jake is a boy like my own kids but he had to grow up much to fast! Oy just has something, specially the Oy, drawn by Michael Whelan.

In The Dark Tower saga it is Wizard and Glass. I like the romance and the Western style here :cowboy:

When I look at the other books I go for The Green Mile.

How old are you?
I am 46, married and I have a boy's twin and a daughter, all becoming real teenagers now.

Where are you from?
From the Netherlands.

Do you have a nickname?
No.

Up to now I am enjoying all the beautiful collections and other pictures that are on this forum. I am speechless when I see all those unique items. You read about them, but seeing them for real is wonderful.

My own collection is mostly Dutch. Thanks to Frik I started reading English, thanks Frik :)
After The Green Mile it tasted like more, and more and ...
So now, my collection is turning into USA- and UK-limiteds and gift-editions.

Pretty soon I will post some of my Dutch and USA/UK jewels.

For now, I am very happy to join this forum, you already helped me a lot with my Dolan's Cadillac hype ... :thumbsup:

Matt
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Great to meet you ewald and thanks for joining up. We always love to hear about how much people enjoy the work we have done here.

alinda
10-09-2009, 02:00 PM
It's really great to meet you all, your gonna call this home in no time!

http://rampant-mac.com/dp_08/Song-of-Maturin_440.jpg

Jon
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
WELCOME!!!

Jean
10-10-2009, 10:45 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic.jpg

Myste
10-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Welcome ewald!

HairyDave
10-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Hello,

Just a quick message to introduce myself... Like y'all, I am a huge DT fan, have read the series for the first time this year and now feel lost without the continuing saga! So here I am hoping to continue my DT "fix" lol...

See you guys around, I'm sure!

Long days and pleasant nights....

HD

Brice
10-11-2009, 03:57 AM
Welcome to our new friends! :D

Jean
10-11-2009, 04:07 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

ChristineB
10-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Hello all,

I am an avid King reader that has yet to get through the 2nd Dark Tower book, but is hoping this forum will be a nice way to get me more into the books so I can finish them.

I am a housewife and own my own business from home. I have a wonderful husband and a Great Dane (be careful what you wish for: I always wanted a horse as a kid :doh:).

I have been collecting King's 1/1 trade editions for a couple years and am very happy with my collection. Still working on getting a couple of the more rare titles but my budget is not allowing much for now.

Warning in advance, my father's favorite quote was "It is an unimaginative man that can only spell a word one way" so excuse my spelling in the future please.

Thanks for the great community and hope to have lots of fun with y'all in the future.

Mark
10-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Welcome Christine and Dean! Looking forward to getting to know you! :grouphug:

Matt
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey Christine and Dean, it is really cool to meet you guys. Thanks for joining the site.

Christine, our collectors area is world class so feel free to get lost in the amazing wealth of information provided there.

Dean
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys... oh and from what I've asked my co-workers, Stephen King is an amazing speaker and he completely enthralled the audience. And in person they described him as the most intimidating yet gentle man they've met. :)

gsvec
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I'd agree with that statement, Dean - and a big welcome to the site to you and Christine and all the others I've missed recently!!

http://moodle.b-skill.co.uk/file.php/1/welcome.jpg

Thaine_Rogers
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry fer ramblin' off, Pard's. Seems the dusty trail pulls us quick'r 'n other times, ye kennit? Well, ter answer yer questions, here it goes:

Found the book leaning off a shelf in my AP Lit teacher's class. This'd be the Gunslinger, kennit. Afterwords, I'd keep buying a new book everytime I finished the last. I'm on the Dark Tower now, getting ready to take the final plunge with Roland. I'll miss Ol' Tall and Ugly...

Book one, it was the Gunslinger himself, Roland. The moral ambiguity alone... Never knew if he was Red or White, kennit? I've really grown to love Eddie though, we're twinners of a sort, I suppose. 'Cept my monkey's a differant breed. Jake's a tough fella too. Seeing him grow up, ecspecially in the middle of the Wasteland and Wolves of the Calla.. plus his and the Pere's palaver in book VI. Nice stuff.

I have to choose? Well, probably Wizard's and Glass, for the beautiful Grecian tradgedy present. And the sheer number of Elliot references in Waste Lands is great. Can't wait fer 7!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Originally, Calgary, Alberta. Though Ohio's been called home, as has Virginia. Right now its D.C.

Do you have a nickname?
More'n a few, set yer watch and warrant.

Patrick
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Welcome to all of our newer members from all over the globe. Glad to have you all here!

Jean
10-11-2009, 11:10 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearheart.gif

Jon
10-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Welcome!!

Myste
10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Welcome all new faces... I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Dean
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys...

darkwolf
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Welcome, nice to meet ya!

Sam
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Howdy to one and all and welcome, you are well met.

Sickrose
10-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I finished the DT series a few months ago and despite being busy with uni in the meantime it has remained on my mind and I succombed the pull recently and am now re-reading The Waste land.

I have always been a King fan but hadn't got round to reading the DT series till my sister bought me the whole lot for Christmas one year where it sat on my shelf for another year till I picked up 'The Gunslinger' and then disappeared into Mid-world for a few months.

Well thats it really, I am looking forward to my re-read and meeting you all.

Long days and pleasant nights!

Jean
10-13-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_rose02.jpg

Myste
10-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Welcome :)

overhoser
10-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello, all! I originally read the first three books in the early nineties and then the others as soon as they came out. Currently, I am re-"reading" them on audiobook (stupid busy schedule!) and have really gotten back into the series. I'm glad there's a site like this and I'm looking forward to discussing the books with everyone!

jacob

Jean
10-15-2009, 12:44 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearB.jpg

Spaceman Spiff
10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Hi, all.

Just making my introduction.

I've been a Constant Reader since Carrie first came out (and have read everything SK has published since) (and have collected nearly all of it, except for a few rare items), and have also been aware of the official SK site for years, but had never gotten around to joining it until a couple weeks ago. (Boy, that is one complicated message board!)

Anyway, someone on that MB was kind enough to tell me about this MB, so I'm happy to have learned of this one as well (and happy that it was a little easier to register with this one!)

Anyway, I'm happy to be a member!

So..... Greetings!

Thanks,
John
P.S. How long does one have to be a member here before we can add a Signature file? I checked the FAQ & it explains how to go to the User CP and edit it, but my User CP doesn't have that feature.... Thx.
John
My Stephen King collection (http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?tag=Stephen+King&offset=0&view=SpacemanSpiff&collection=-1&shelf=shelf&sort=date)

alinda
10-15-2009, 07:02 AM
WOW! Thaere are so many new commers lately, I want to welcome you all here,
I am certain that you've found a new home! (((hugs))):thumbsup:

Spaceman, 5 posts and the doors are unlocked.

Spaceman Spiff
10-15-2009, 07:15 AM
...Spaceman, 5 posts and the doors are unlocked.

Thanks, alinda!
John
My Stephen King collection (http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?tag=Stephen+King&offset=0&view=SpacemanSpiff&collection=-1&shelf=shelf&sort=date)

turtlex
10-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey John, welcome again. Always great to meet another collector - I'm sure we'll see you over at Calvin's Corner!

Myste
10-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Oh so many new faces... I welcome you all! :cowboy:

sombra
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi all :)

My name is Lisa and I've been an SK fan since I was little, starting off with Firestarter and Cujo and Christine.

Dunno what took me so long to join you guys here but I'm glad I did :rose:

I'm a massive DT fan, getting a set of DT tattoos this Saturday (the sigul of Arthur Eld which I'm sure lots of others have as well). I just finished geeking out creating a playlist of Dark Tower songs to listen to during my session.

My mom has one of the LE Gunslinger books, although when that came out I was only three. I think I read The Gunslinger for the first time probably when the paperback came out. I feel like I've spent most of my life reading the series :)

Letti
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Welcome sombra! Good to have you here. :rose: If you are a massive DT fan, you have found your place. :)

candy
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
:grouphug:hi sombra / lisa

welcome to the site, took you long enough:P
there is a dedicated thread to Dark tower tattoos that you may like and will be a perfect place to post the pics on when you get them done. I keep wanting to get a DT tattoo but keep changing my mind on what i want

sombra
10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
:grouphug:hi sombra / lisa

welcome to the site, took you long enough:P
there is a dedicated thread to Dark tower tattoos that you may like and will be a perfect place to post the pics on when you get them done. I keep wanting to get a DT tattoo but keep changing my mind on what i want

Thanks Letti and Candy!

I have that DT tattoo thread bookmarked -- I spied it early on in my tattoo research :)

Jon
10-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome Lisa!

Ceane
10-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey everyone :D
I'm very new to Stephen King, the Dark Tower series is the first of his work I've ever read. I'm not really a horror fan so I'd been hesitant to read anything of his, but I needed a new book series and I saw someone with a tatooed quote from one of the books. I figured, if its good enough to get tattooed, I'd give it a shot.

At the moment I'm only about 3/4 of the way through The Drawing of the Three but I'm loving it.

Letti
10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the site, Ceane! The more you read the more you will love this series.
Be careful here with the spoilers. We try to mark them as much as possible but still it's good to be careful.

Jean
10-21-2009, 11:00 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome35125.jpg

Myste
10-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Welcome sombra and Ceane!! :)

Brice
10-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Welcome Lisa and Ceane. :)

Ceane, it's okay that you're not really a horror fan because SK's not really a horror writer.

Mark
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome everyone! :grouphug:

Jon
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Welcome Ceane

Matt
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone :D
I'm very new to Stephen King, the Dark Tower series is the first of his work I've ever read. I'm not really a horror fan so I'd been hesitant to read anything of his, but I needed a new book series and I saw someone with a tatooed quote from one of the books. I figured, if its good enough to get tattooed, I'd give it a shot.

At the moment I'm only about 3/4 of the way through The Drawing of the Three but I'm loving it.

Drawing of the Three is one of the best possible King experiences to have, enjoy!

Jon
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
You have much to look forward to, Ceane. I envy you.

jimwignall77@hotmail.com
10-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone,my name is James John Wignall.I have been reading King since i was twelve.My mum got me on to his writing early on and my favourite book at the time was Thinner.
I have grown to love 90% of his stories and he has helped through life in many ways.
I have to say Roland and his friends fascinate me.
Nice to meet you all ,and hope we can palaver in future.

Matt
10-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey James, welcome to the site. You will find fans and palaver like you have never seen here. :thumbsup:

LadyHitchhiker
10-24-2009, 07:21 PM
:huglove:
Welcome everyone!

Jean
10-25-2009, 12:02 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

alinda
10-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Warm welcome to all of you new folk! We are all using our halloween names, stick around for the great unmasking! Get one of your own maybe? :D

hobo bob
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey my name is Matt (but you can call me bob). I am a big SK fan but didn't start reading DT till recently and now I am obsessed :excited:

This seems like a cool forum I just found it a few days ago when searching for that Discordia video

gsvec
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Welcome to all I've missed! You're gonna LOVE it here! :D

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/gsvec/Misc%20Pics/welcome-3.gif

Jean
10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome.jpg

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Welcome Sombra,Ceane,James,Bob. There is something here for everyone. Have fun exploring.

Here is some forums to try out
If you like poetry - Bird and Bear and Hare and Fish
If you like sports - Fedic Station
If you like movies - Gem theater

Interested in our book club? Go to Dutch Hill

Want to see some good riddles? Go to the road to fairday.

Jon
10-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome!

BC forgot...if you like sheep...get help!

Matt
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey my name is Matt (but you can call me bob). I am a big SK fan but didn't start reading DT till recently and now I am obsessed :excited:

This seems like a cool forum I just found it a few days ago when searching for that Discordia video

hey Bob. My name is Matt too...but you can just call me that :lol:

Glad you found the Tower books and the site, welcome.

Jean
10-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Bears have noticed that many people's name is Matt.

It augurs well for the future of mankind.

Matt
10-28-2009, 08:00 AM
:couple:-Thanks Jean.

My mom used to tell me it meant "Gift from God" but I'm not totally sure that is true. :lol:

Seems to be as common as Mark, Luke or John now for sure.

Jon
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I thought Matt was something you wiped your feet on. Which would explain the prominence in a "Welcome" thread.

Xicon
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello - I'm Xicon.

I read The Gunslinger as part of extra credit in a high school course last year, and couldn't put it down. I read Drawing of the Three in the last week of school remaining, and started the Waste Lands about a week ago. Now I'm halfway through Wizard and Glass and already have the next three sitting next to me, ready to crack open. Absolutely hooked.

I'm a Film student and can't help but start visualizing a film in my head, so I did some research and discovered plans for a film adaptation. A couple of Google searches away and I found my way here. :D

Myste
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome Xicon! :thumbsup:

Lola Deschain
10-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi Everybody

justwanted to introduce myself, i have read the dark tower books through 3 times each and they get better everytime! i came to this site because i am sick of people not knowing what i am on about when i go on and on about the dark tower!

:rose:

alinda
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome Xicon , and Lola, glad your finding your way around ,welcome home sister!:wtf:

Jon
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome you two!

Lola Deschain
10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Thankee asherah!
Glad to be with ones who understand!
At last somewhere that feels like home!
:couple:

Myste
10-29-2009, 02:08 PM
...and welcome Lola! :)

Jean
10-29-2009, 11:48 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

Antares
11-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi there !

Just wanted to say hello... I'm a huge Stephen King Fan for years and I am obsessed with DT. I've read the books 4 times so far, started over 10 years ago. And now I think it's time for a palaver. :D

candy
11-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Hello - I'm Xicon.

I read The Gunslinger as part of extra credit in a high school course last year, and couldn't put it down. I read Drawing of the Three in the last week of school remaining, and started the Waste Lands about a week ago. Now I'm halfway through Wizard and Glass and already have the next three sitting next to me, ready to crack open. Absolutely hooked.

I'm a Film student and can't help but start visualizing a film in my head, so I did some research and discovered plans for a film adaptation. A couple of Google searches away and I found my way here. :D

hello Xicon an welcome, beware of spoilers, everyone is very good about spoilers here, just dont be tempted to peek!!!:huglove:

Hi Everybody

justwanted to introduce myself, i have read the dark tower books through 3 times each and they get better everytime! i came to this site because i am sick of people not knowing what i am on about when i go on and on about the dark tower!

:rose:

ah the best place for you then! honestley, explore properly and you will be surprised at how much there is to discover and discuss:huglove:

Hi there !

Just wanted to say hello... I'm a huge Stephen King Fan for years and I am obsessed with DT. I've read the books 4 times so far, started over 10 years ago. And now I think it's time for a palaver. :D

Hi antares, and welcome. there is loads going on here about all of kings works not just the DT series, so enjoy:huglove:

Myste
11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Welcome Antares!!

Jean
11-03-2009, 01:14 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

Míchéal
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Welcome...

kluker
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
My husband really loves the books and I love stephen king but i've never wanted to read them till he got it for me from the libary and now I love them

Who is your favorite charcter?
Jake :rock:

Wolves of Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
GA

do you have a nickname?
Not really

candy
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
hello and welcome kluker:rose:

Myste
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Welcome kluker! :cowboy:

Letti
11-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Welcome new friends! Enjoy the site.

Greencoat
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi, I'm Gus! I haven't read the Dark Tower books myself, but most of my bandmates have, and we've got a few songs about the content. I'm actually joining this board to try to find some information on the drink "graff" from the books. I just brewed a cider/beer (Graff) and I'd like to make a label for it. I want it to be as accurate as possible, and I figure you all can help me. Cheers!

Matt
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey Greencoat, great to meet you.

If there is an answer to the information you seek, it can certainly be found here.

Vallen
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Hello

My name is Valentine and I am a 20 year old student. I live in Germany, in a small town, next to Munich (bavaria).
I finished the last Dark-Tower-Novel today. I´ve red the Dark-Tower-Books for the second time now. And they did not lost any of their fascination. I like them most of all books I red in my life.
The first time I heard from the Dark-Tower was, because a friend told me about them and recomment me to read them. This was about one year ago. I devoured them in 2 month at the first time.
My favourite character is Roland. From the first second he took me in his spell. I think he is very point and always trying to do the right thing. Everybody (including myself) can take an example at his ambitiously and his glory chaffer.
My favourite book from these 7 masterpieces is Glas. But only with a scarecaly lead from the other 6 ones.

I am sorry fore some mistakes in this introducing, i took an engineering degree programm, because of that I don´t need to be perfekt in english ;). For some difficult vocabular I searched in the internet.

Ka Gunner
11-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Greetings to the Tet,

I have read the Dark Tower Books twice and am reading through the Marvel comics as well. I find that I just want more and more information on the world that King has created here. I am 28 and was introduced to King by my father. I saw him reading The Stand when I was much younger, and I would constantly ask him to explain what was going on to me. He explained things to me like an adult and helped me to understand. My first King book was IT. It was a go from there. The funny part is now that I have completed the Dark Tower, I seek out other King books on the off chance that there is some connection to the Dark Tower series.

It's a sickness. lol.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights!

Jean
11-05-2009, 05:15 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-1.jpg

Ka Gunner
11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Thankee Jean! Is your love of bears because of Shardik, or is that unrelated? :)

Jean
11-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Thankee Jean! Is your love of bears because of Shardik, or is that unrelated? :)
Totally unrelated. I was born a bear - I hope that explains it. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif

Ka Gunner
11-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Oddly enough, it does. :unsure:

Pistoleer
11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Hello together,

First a great "Thankee" from germany for this fantastic website, but please excuse my bad english ;)
hmm, how did I discovered the dark tower? I read Stephen King's Books since I'm 8 and love Western-things since I'm 4-5 years old...anymore questions?
My favorite Character is, of course Roland in german the "Grosse, Lange und Häßliche"

I'm 21 years old and lived somewhere near Cologne in Germany where the famous Karneval took Place :-D

I haven't got any special nicknames, some call me soldier (I was in the army) and some just call me crazy, so it yours. Hope I can talk to much people here about my favorite books...

"Lange Tage und angenehme Nächte" from Germany

ManOfWesternesse
11-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome Pistoleer.

Myste
11-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Welcome all the new faces! :cowboy:

Matt
11-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the thanks Pistoleer, I'm so glad you found the place and it is great to meet you.

Jon
11-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Welcome!

dantomberlin
11-06-2009, 07:01 PM
I joined the SK Forum, and posted the note below. I got a response about thedarktoer.com and the fundraisers for The Haven Foundation. So I wanted to post this thank you here as well. Thanks to all you guys the step up for the Haven!
It has been almost a year since the Haven Foundation awarded me with a financial grant, so I wanted to post an update. And another huge thank you to the Haven Foundation. The grant helped us at a most opportune time. After a heart attack in February 2008, I was recovering from a triple bypass, I had a trach tube in my throat, I was unable to work, and our mortgage and bills were way behind. The Haven grant kept us afloat until this spring, when I had my final surgery and the tube was removed. I was offered a design job a week out of the hospital, and I have started teaching part-time and returned to my personal drawing and painting projects. The last 6 months have seen a somewhat return to normalcy, I won't ever be the same after such an experience, but I have rejoined the flow of home and work life that I am used to. My wife and I can travel now, enjoy our children and grandchildren more, and enjoy the everyday life that we used to take for granted.

I can't tell you how much gratitude and affection I feel for Stephen King. If I had not been a lifelong reader and fan of his, I wouldn't have seen a single small footnote in his book (BLAZE - actually Richard Bachman/Stephen King) I would never have known about The Haven Foundation.

My son is a film maker and aspiring screenwriter - for his 21st birthday I gave him "On Writing" by Stephen, and he and I discuss it all the time.

I am attending a lecture by Stephen on November 16 in Sarasota, I was able to get tickets and we are driving down there to see and hear him. I have only seen Stephen one other time in person, several years ago when he played with the Rock Bottom Remainders at the MIAMI BOOK FESTIVAL. So we are really looking forward to this lecture.

I wish there were some way I could thank him in person for the impact he has had on my life. If you are in touch with him, it would be a tremendous honor if we could meet and say hello to him in Sarasota.

Thanks again to ALL the folks at Haven. If there is ever anything I can do help support the organization and the cause, I would like to help.

With sincerest thanks,

Melizerd
11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My dad introduced me to them when I was a kid. Of course they weren't all out at that point.

Who is your favorite character? Tough one. I love Oy honestly but I think I have to be cliche and pick Roland.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass. I love the back story about Susan.

How old are you? 27

Where are you from?

I'm married to another bibliophile and we love books of all kinds. We have a 3 year old son and we live in Wisconsin. I'm also into tattoos and gaming.

do you have a nickname? Mel (short for Melissa)

sofaki
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Hello all!!
I discovered The Dark Tower totally at random, i noticed the whole series in a bookstore and thought: Why i havent heard anyone talk about it? Simply by curiosity i bought the first book and here I am!! I finished the whole series this year. I am a Dark Tower freak and this is the truth! lol
My favorite book is the last one. I loved how Roland evolved and showed us his true face.
I am 27 years old, live in Greece. :)

Letti
11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the site, sofaki. I really like your av.

Jon
11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Welcome!!

kekechong
11-10-2009, 11:22 PM

I know Stephen King form the movie SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, and then I went to find out Mr King's books. I discovered the Dark Tower just few days ago.

I just start to read the first one of the series The Gunslingers last week, so I can not answer this question.

How old are you?
Where are you from?
China
do you have a nickname?
not really.

Jean
11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

Jon
11-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Welcome, Chong!

Sickrose
11-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Hello together,

First a great "Thankee" from germany for this fantastic website, but please excuse my bad english ;)
hmm, how did I discovered the dark tower? I read Stephen King's Books since I'm 8 and love Western-things since I'm 4-5 years old...anymore questions?
My favorite Character is, of course Roland in german the "Grosse, Lange und Häßliche"

I'm 21 years old and lived somewhere near Cologne in Germany where the famous Karneval took Place :-D

I haven't got any special nicknames, some call me soldier (I was in the army) and some just call me crazy, so it yours. Hope I can talk to much people here about my favorite books...

"Lange Tage und angenehme Nächte" from Germany Is this long days nad pleasant nights in German? I am loving the translations especially long tall and ugly.

Welcome to everyone. This site is fantiastic :)

Jon
11-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Welcome Pistoleer!!

Myste
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome all the new faces!! :cowboy:

johnny39
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello. New here. I've read the DT series twice now, and love it like everyone else here.

The welcome questions:

I read my first Stephen King book a little over three years ago (The Stand), and enjoyed it so much, I instantly became a fan. I read a few books after the Stand (Thinner, Cell, From a Buick 8, The Shining). After that, I bought two books (Pet Sematary and The Gunslinger). To me, it was a 50/50 shot on which one I read first, and for whatever reason I picked the Gunslinger. By the time I finished it I was hooked. I loved the imagery of Roland and Jake in the Mountains and the palaver with Walter... woah.

Roland. What sealed it for me was him saying "hoggie" instead of "hoagie" and "tooter fish". That just made him really likable, despite his ruthless side.

Of SK's? Torn between The Stand and It. Of the DT series? Either 3 or 4. Can't decide.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Bucks County, PA.

do you have a nickname?

Nope. Unless johnny39 is a nickname.

MacarDeschain
11-12-2009, 09:51 AM
In 1997 my Best friend at the time made me read the first three books. My Dad was the first one to till me about the gunslinger, but he could never remember the name, He read it in 1979. The book made him mad with how it ended. To this day I can not get him to read the rest.

Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven, Grandson of Henry

The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
North Texas

Do you have a nickname?
BlueBerry

Matt
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the site Macar and johnny,great to meet you both. :thumbsup:

Jean
11-12-2009, 11:29 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/Welcome2DKittySwing.jpg

alinda
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
My goodness, so many new folks are arriving!
welcome to all of you (too many to name ):couple:
It's a great pleasure to meet you all, Come on in to
the best darned site anywhere on the www.
Welcome Home!

angiebaby
11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Hello! I'm a big fan of the Dark Tower and a major SK fan for more years than I'm willing to share. :P My first experience with DT was The Drawing of the Three that I received as a gift. Once I read it I was hooked on the series. I had to go back and read it from the begining and have since then I've read them all twice. :cyclops:

Bloodsoup
11-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm a big fan of large, complex and epic fictional universes, and when I realised how many of SK's books tie into the Dark Tower series I thought I'd like it, and guess what, I did! Also I'm a big comics reader and the DT comics are amazing, Jae Lee's art is incredible and the expanded material at the back like Robin Furth's writing and the maps of All-World are great.

Who is your favourite character?
Overall I'd have to say Sheemie Ruiz, of the ka-tet of 19 and 99 I'd have to say Eddie, of Roland's original ka-tet I'd say cuthbert.

What is your favourite book?
Of all SK's books I'd have to say Hearts in Atlantis (particularly the section called Hearts in Atlantis itself), I read all 600 pages of it in one sitting!

Of the Dark Tower books it'd be DT VII, that's where it all comes together (the DT series and SK's books that tie in to it like hearts in atlantis and insomnia), though I do have a soft spot for the Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Wellington, New Zealand

Do you have a nickname?
Online I always go by Bloodsoup (an obscure reference to a comic in the Star Wars expanded universe), otherwise not really.

Jean
11-13-2009, 12:37 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic.jpg

Matt
11-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Great screen name bloodsoup, welcome to the site.

Myste
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Lot's of new faces again!! Welcome all! :cowboy:

Bloodsoup
11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks Matt, I'm working on a few Dark Tower related things like a high speech-english dictionary (its short but useful) and a highly detailed bio of Flagg including all the names he's gone by (and where/when he used them) all the powers he ever demonstrated, and a coherent timeline of his life, putting all his appearances in order.

Mostly I do these sorts of things for my own amusement, meaning it doesn't have to be something sai King would sign off on as officially correct, but any advice I can get on this would be great.

Mostly its things like: In the chronological order of Flagg's life, did Eyes of the Dragon take place before The Stand? and when did his 'appearance' in Hearts in Atlantis as Raymond Fiegler happen? I presume after Low Men in Yellow Coats (ie after Brautigan was sent back to the Devar-Toi), but does that mean before or after the Fall of Gilead?

wishfulthinking
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Many people recomended it and I was a king worshiper anyway so...

Who is your favorite charcter?It's a tie between Eddie and Detta walker (shocker I know)

What is your favorite book?Wizard and Glass I think the insight into Roland's past is amazing

How old are you?16

Where are you from?Da Region (code for the Chicagoland area)

do you have a nickname?Lee

Matt
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey Lee, welcome to the site.

Glad you made it to the official path of the beam. :nana:

Jean
11-14-2009, 12:43 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEblackcat.gif

alinda
11-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello everybody, I am overjoyed that you have found the site.
May I say that it is likely that you have found your new home
and it will be great to see you all around the place. Welcome!:grouphug:

TetCorp
11-14-2009, 02:36 PM

I was an avid reader growing up (still am). Read alot of Stephen King. My mother and I both got into The Dark Tower. Unfortunately she died before the series was finished.

Depends on the day and the mood. Sometimes Eddie/Bert, Dinky's popped in a few times. And who didn't lover Walter/Flagg?

Whichever is in my hands at the time.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Originally Pittsburgh (go Steelers!), now I live in VA/DC/MD region

do you have a nickname?

Nope

Julien Walden
11-14-2009, 07:04 PM
I used to post in these fairly often, but that was a long time ago- or so it seems. Before much destruction. I am far behind in all things Dark Tower, as my life and my own work have not allowed me to keep up the way I once did.

Well, I am starting over here new. Almost nothing is the same, so who I was on one or the other of these doesn't matter now. I still live in Austin, Texas. That is still true. Anything else? Not so certain. I have seen death, absolute destruction, the end of life as I knew it, freedom from a horrible form of slavery- it would not shock me in the slightest, at this point, if Roland was around the next corner! The last year and a half, two years, of my life would fit quite well into many a Stephen King novel- well, The Stand or The Dark Tower in particular. And wonder of wonders, I have my own work back. I have been reminded that I am a novelist first, and that is going well. I hope to read Under The Dome soon, economics and time permitting. I've been hoping he'd write a really long one like this for quite some time!

So much is going on in this world, which used to be my regular escape from the dull routine! How will I ever catch up? Now, there is no routine and I most certainly would not call my life dull. Somehow, I am still here, healthy and hopeful. Perdurabo has been dead for some time now, as has the world that one lived in. But Julien is here, breathing, starting from scratch. I am scarred, I am in chaos, but I am here, I am working, and I am in the world. It's good to be here.

John Blaze
11-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Good to have you back. I remember the name.

Sorry you have been through tough times, but if it's any consolation remember that heat and pressure turns coal into diamonds, and your trials and tribulations help to refine your character.

welcome back.

Brice
11-15-2009, 03:42 AM
I remember you Julien. Welcome!

I hope things take a turn toward the better for you soon.

alinda
11-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Welcome back Julien, I am confident you'll be right as rain in no time.
I remember the tenacity of my old friend well. (((hugs))) I have a cell #
does it still ring to you I wonder? Mayhap we'll find out sometime soon.....:P

Flynn2
11-15-2009, 06:30 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Was reading Stephen King and Louis L'Amour at the same time...saw the book...

Who is your favorite charcter? Walter O'Dim.

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you?35

Where are you from? Missouri, not too far from Topeka

do you have a nickname?
Patrick Bateman...I earned it

alinda
11-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi , nice to meet you Flynn...welcome to the site. :D

candy
11-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Hello and welcome to all the new members, we are all well met:grouphug:

ChristineB
11-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello all the new people, it is great to see more coming to the forums.

Myste
11-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Hello new one's and "old" new one :cowboy:

stone, rose, unfound door
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome to everyone who's arrived since the last time I was here :)

Brice
11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome back home you! :huglove:

Julien Walden
11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I am delighted to be remembered- y'all rather brightened a chilly, depressing day. I find I have become a creature of the sun this year, and am not pleased by the approach of Winter. So much has changed since my beloved died, my home and wealth disintegrated, and I kicked a crippling heroin habit. At least I didn't have to kick on that awful beach, cold turkey- that has horrified me for years! Not that my mother's place in NW New Mexico was very pleasant, either, nor the general populace any better than the lobstrosities at communication! At least those creatures were inquisitive!
Who knows how often I'll make it in- my computer access is sketchy at best when I', in the city, and when I'm not we have dial-up! Getting a lot of writing done, at least. I have a stage to be on tonight- local open mic. We have some damned good ones in Austin, music, poetry, both. If anyone lives in our fair city, you ought to look into it. Hell, come on down! I'm getting to know Austin much better as a starving artist and professional Tarot reader than I did as a reclusive, rich junkie! Life is beautiful, y'all. I'm looking forward to catching up with everything in this universe, little by little.

Have a beautiful day, Palaver. Catch y'all farther down the road. . .

ChristineB
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Hello Julien,

Sounds like you have had a very interesting life as of late. Glad to hear you are on the up side of it now. Congratulations for making it through and getting back here to us.

I so love Austin, went to high school in P'ville and I have to say Austin's downtown is the only one out of the many larger cities I have lived in that I truely enjoy being in. I so miss it and hope to be back in my home town again in the next few years.

Delacroix
11-17-2009, 09:34 AM

=> It was Ka I suppose, who led me to this aisle of the Piccadily Circus Waterstone (London) where the first tome of the Dark Tower was waiting for me. I just took a look at the cover, it reminded me of the poem about that Knight, Roland... No need to explain the rest, I red it in 5 days and I bought the 6 others the following days. It actually took me 2 days and 6 hours of walking through London to gather the 6...because of course each library had only 2 or 3...

=> Hm, in the new Ka-tet I think i really like Jake. I haven't finished the DT yet, so I can't say for good but I liek the tragical aspect Jake has in the first tome. Otherwise Blaine is great.

=> As for Roland's youth, Curthbert Allgood and Eldred Jonas are my favorites.

=> I'm currently finishing the fourth tome. So far it was the first tome I liked to most, closely followed by the second one.

How old are you?

I'm 19!

Where are you from?

I live in Paris.

Do you have a nickname?

No, feel free to give me one.

Otherwise I'm glad to join this community! I was registered on a french forum about the Dark Tower (la Tour Sombre), but nothing's really going on there...

ChristineB
11-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome Delacroix!

Good to have you here, enjoy your stay.

Letti
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Every new member is a new friend of us.
Welcome you all. :rose:
Enjoy the site.

Delacroix
11-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Thankee sai, I will!

Jean
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

Jon
11-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome!

John Blaze
11-18-2009, 12:09 AM
I am delighted to be remembered- y'all rather brightened a chilly, depressing day. I find I have become a creature of the sun this year, and am not pleased by the approach of Winter. So much has changed since my beloved died, my home and wealth disintegrated, and I kicked a crippling heroin habit. At least I didn't have to kick on that awful beach, cold turkey- that has horrified me for years! Not that my mother's place in NW New Mexico was very pleasant, either, nor the general populace any better than the lobstrosities at communication! At least those creatures were inquisitive!
Who knows how often I'll make it in- my computer access is sketchy at best when I', in the city, and when I'm not we have dial-up! Getting a lot of writing done, at least. I have a stage to be on tonight- local open mic. We have some damned good ones in Austin, music, poetry, both. If anyone lives in our fair city, you ought to look into it. Hell, come on down! I'm getting to know Austin much better as a starving artist and professional Tarot reader than I did as a reclusive, rich junkie! Life is beautiful, y'all. I'm looking forward to catching up with everything in this universe, little by little.

Have a beautiful day, Palaver. Catch y'all farther down the road. . .
Damn, it sounds like you've been through some serious shit lately. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your beloved, and on the flipside my congratulations on the kicking of a terrible habit. But you're doing the right thing it seems, when you get rid of something like that in your life, even if it's a bad thing, it leaves a void. If you don't find something good, something useful, something RICH, to replace it, it'll creep back in, man. Trust me on this. Keep moving forward, keep motorvading, don't look back, because when you're going through hell the best thing to do is not to stop and look around, because you'll get stuck there, man.

chin up, do the best you can. that's all.

to the rest you of new people, WELCOME! this is not just a place to talk about books you like, this is a place to find friends, and family. I've made connections and friendships on here that I treasure, and always will, and will remain friends with even if SK goes all Anne Rice and starts writing gospel books while recanting his life's work. :P

IWasSentWest
11-18-2009, 12:25 AM
damn man.

su_joaninhas
11-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Hello! :)

I´m new around here... How are you, guys?

Jon
11-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Welcome su!!!!

ChristineB
11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Welcome Su!

Julien Walden
11-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Thank you, John Blaze. I forget how the whole quote thing works, and my brain doesn't work yet. Not enough nicotine! That, I refuse to quit, any time soon! Air doesn't taste right without that sweet carcinogen. Mmm. . . tastes like burning.

I am living with a fullness rarely possible these days. There are all kinds of things to do, and I am blessed with the energy to do them- to perform on stages several times a week, to write hundreds of pages of prose since May or June. I'm going to walk a good five miles today on purpose, most likely, and when this book gets published? I'll make Salman Rushdie in '89 look like Danielle Steel! I am indeed motorvated, my friend. I have nothing but work to do, and this is a beautiful thing. For fun, I enjoy scaring Muggles, particularly the rude ones, and I walk around singing Ave Maria- in German- and laughing in public sometimes, dressed in sarongs and probably looking like the queerest Jedi ever. Real life begins where fear ends, and slavery dies. Again, life is beautiful.

XIXubiqueLX
11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
Heya from AussieLand, fairdinkum you guys have got a great site here.

:rose::rose::rose:

Jean
11-19-2009, 05:05 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

Jon
11-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Welcome!

ChristineB
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Heya from AussieLand, fairdinkum you guys have got a great site here.

:rose::rose::rose:

Welcome and enjoy!

alinda
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
You all are making me smile from ear to ear! It's delightful to meet
you all, and welcome back others. You've come to the right place,
this is what you have been waiting for. Welcome:couple:

SteelToedGirl
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey, I'm new. But not completely. I've lurked for a long while. Just figured I'd actually make myself known and have an official account and all.

:)

-STG

ChristineB
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey, I'm new. But not completely. I've lurked for a long while. Just figured I'd actually make myself known and have an official account and all.

:)

-STG

Welcome. It's good to have you vocal here now.

XIXubiqueLX
11-19-2009, 03:51 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

Thank you to all for the welcome, but i especially like the Bear:huglove:

XIXubiqueLX
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I had been collecting all books by Mr. King, and after Wizards and Glass was released I discovered that he was continuing a series. So when we travelled down to Victoria and camped on the Murray River for several months I found a Bookshop with Wolves Of The Calla, Song Of Suzannah and The Dark Tower on display all in Hard Cover. I bought the first 4 in soft cover as well and the 3 on display. We have 5 readers in my family so by the time I got to read Wolves, it had fallen apart, so I bought another brand new copy just for meJ

The Dark Tower and Can'-Ka No Rey

Wolves Of The Calla, I think, but all are one really.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
New South Wales, Australia

Do you have a nickname?
I usually go by the name PearlJamR online

Lex Jude
11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Lexxy and I am a LONG time King fan. I just recently within the past year read the dark tower series. It was a series I tried to get into about three times before it finally rang true with me...and I devoured it quickly! (thank goodness I didn't have to wait for any books like the older DT fans :p)

Otherwise, I am an instructor at a local technical school, I own a web design business and besides art and reading, I love philosophy :) That's me in one line!

At any rate, this seems like a neat place! So, hello everyone!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome Newbies. Lots of good stuff here.

Matt
11-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I had been collecting all books by Mr. King, and after Wizards and Glass was released I discovered that he was continuing a series. So when we travelled down to Victoria and camped on the Murray River for several months I found a Bookshop with Wolves Of The Calla, Song Of Suzannah and The Dark Tower on display all in Hard Cover. I bought the first 4 in soft cover as well and the 3 on display. We have 5 readers in my family so by the time I got to read Wolves, it had fallen apart, so I bought another brand new copy just for meJ

The Dark Tower and Can Ka No Rey

Wolves Of The Calla, I think, but all are one really.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
New South Wales, Australia

Do you have a nickname?
I usually go by the name PearlJamR online

Hello everyone! My name is Lexxy and I am a LONG time King fan. I just recently within the past year read the dark tower series. It was a series I tried to get into about three times before it finally rang true with me...and I devoured it quickly! (thank goodness I didn't have to wait for any books like the older DT fans :p)

Otherwise, I am an instructor at a local technical school, I own a web design business and besides art and reading, I love philosophy :) That's me in one line!

At any rate, this seems like a neat place! So, hello everyone!

Great to meet you both, welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Canada
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Hile!

Okay, I guess I'll answer these questions and throw some of my own in.

My wife had me read it :) (Even though she herself has never finished the series) Also I was already enthusiastic since the series featured RF as a main villain, and after reading The Stand, I classified him as one of my all-time-favorite villains.

Susanna. Mostly cause she reminds me a lot of my wife, but also because I think she's probably King's strongest character to date. Also possibly the coolest thing ever in a King book, when she
Raped a demon
And when proved herself to have more mettle than even Roland when (DTVII)
She decided to leave, even when she knew that meant she'd never see the tower, even when Roland BEGGED her.
So yeah...

It's a draw between 3 and 7.

What is your least favourite book?

In the DT series it'd have to be 4. I know, I know. I DID read it all through, but it's really the least favorite of the 7. Of the non DT series I'd have to say Cell. I prefer his works that prey on our much older fears, like IT (clowns) and Pet Semetary (pets...and wendigos, I guess. ((Hey, how come there aren't any King books specifically about Wendigos!? I'd buy it!)))

Hobbies?
I enjoy art, making it and viewing it, mostly digitally (for both) and I also do a little (and I mean LITTLE) writing for fun. I am also currently trying to learn Russian, and have mastered "Boy", "Girl", "Boy on Horse", "Boy in/under/on Aeroplane" and "Man and Woman"

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Indianapolis, Indiana. Home of James Whitcomb Riley and not much else.

Do you have a nickname?
Not really...

Jean
11-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Thank you to all for the welcome, but i especially like the Bear:huglove:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

Welcome everybody!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-20-2009, 02:19 AM
*stands on Bear's red carpet wearing a paper Burger King hat and a sheepish grin*

Jon
11-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Welcome!

Rachael
11-20-2009, 06:19 AM
hiii my name is Rachael and im brand spanking new 2 this!!
Through my mum id read a few king books b4 and she kept pushing me 2 read the towers!
Oy or Jake
drawing of the three....tho thats a hard 1
How old are you?
20yrs (in this world)
Where are you from?
London, england

ChristineB
11-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Well met Lexi. Welcome!

Tassel
11-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Well met all.

Martin here....

When did I first encounter the books? Honestly, cant remember, but I lost the ones I had, over a few christmas and birthdays I'd managed to get the whole set, when I finally did I began reading.

My favourite character... Oy! "Oy scrabbled for balance on Jake's lap and sprayed out a mouthful of turkey and a word he'd learnt from Eddie."

Favourite book... Honestly, havent finished the last one yet so can't comment, and dont think I could pick one from them all anyway.

How Old? Born 10th Oct '75.. you do the math :idea:

Where from? Ipswich, England

Nic-name... Used to be called Doc at college, but thats been a while...

Matt
11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey Tassel, great to meet you along the path of the beam.

Welcome to the site. :rock:

ChristineB
11-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Welcome Tassel, good to meet you.

Jon
11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome Tassel. I was 7 when you were born.

Tassel
11-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Long days and pleasant nights all! :rose:

Still haven't finished the last book yet... Do I start over from the begining when I do?

ChristineB
11-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Seeing as he has written more the 43 other novels then the DT series I'm sure you could find something to read.

Even if you are not interestsed in anything but DT there are more then a few that have tie in's to DT. Check out Bev Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower for them all.

The Talisman and Black House are 2 biggies, The Stand also, even The Eyes of the Dragon. Lots more to read from him.

Coldalarm
11-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Hello! I'm Michael, and I'm on my first read through of the Dark Tower. Currently only about halfway through WotC, but hoping to have it finished (along with #6) by the end of the year.

Hmm, hard to say. I'm a *huge* fantasy nut, and I was on a forum I hang out on and asked what to look into, and the Dark Tower came up. Now, I'd heard of King and read maybe one or two of his books, but I'd never heard of the Dark Tower. So, I went and got the first one, and I've been hooked since.

Oh, wow... I think Jake is a very interesting character, as is Eddie. But I'd have to say Oy. I'm not a huge fan of Susannah, well... I didn't mind Odetta, I really didn't like Detta, I'm OK with Suse and Mia is just odd.

In the series? Probably 2 or 3. I didn't really like 4, to be honest.
Otherwise? Very hard to say, but I'm gonna go with the Hobbit.

How old are you?
The grand ol' age of 19 ;) Sadly, I'm 20 in 3 weeks.

Where are you from?
England!

do you have a nickname?
Not really.

Own Question : Thoughts on King?
He's a pretty good writer. His work isn't complicated (*cough*Tolkein*cough*), so I get through it quick enough. My only real problems with him is he can describe a little too much (Example: Susannah's 'lady time', but I think that's more social taboo than being rude), or maybe go a bit far with the swearing - Like Detta in DotT. I really, really enjoyed Eyes of the Dragon, though.

Myste
11-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Ohhh... so many new faces since my last visit here. We are all well met, be warmly welcome! :cowboy:

alinda
11-22-2009, 03:00 AM
I know Myste, isnt it wonderful? Always new folken :D welcome everybody!:couple:

Jean
11-22-2009, 03:57 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearBs.jpg

ChristineB
11-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome Coldalarm, well met!

Coldalarm
11-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Welcome Coldalarm, well met!

Thankee-sai!

jack12k6
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Just joined...my same pen-name as on the official stephen site...lots of reading here to catch up on.

gsvec
11-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the site! You're gonna love it here! :couple:

AnnaM
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Dark Tower series. If anyone's curious about King's influence on a musician, feel free to check out

YouTube- Guillotine

YouTube- Rhea

inspired by Susannah and Rhea respectively.

Sincerely,
Anna

Matt
11-23-2009, 05:56 AM
Welcome to the site Jack and Anna, great to meet you guys. :thumbsup:

Jon
11-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Welcome!

ChristineB
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome Jack and Anna.

Enjoy your stay.

Kate
11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Hello!

I am Matt's daughter so of course I would end up on here eventually... I'm excited because I've never even posted on a forum before so this should be interesting :excited:

Jean
11-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Welcome Kate, daughter of Matt!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif

Matt
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Hello!

I am Matt's daughter so of course I would end up on here eventually... I'm excited because I've never even posted on a forum before so this should be interesting :excited:

Hey Katie! I'm so glad you decided to join up, great way for us to keep in contact now that you are off to college. :rock:

Jon
11-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome Kate!

Myste
11-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Welcome Kate and other new faces!! :cowboy:

ChristineB
11-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome Kate!

Have fun and learn lots while in college.

<ô> bango skank <ô>
11-25-2009, 06:49 PM
i'm not strictly a new member, but i've been gone 4 almost a year. other stuff got in the way (work, family ). i got a happy birthday email from you guys the other day and now shits calmed down I have free time.... anyway... im back!

ChristineB
11-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Welcome Back Bango skank!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Welcome Back Bango skanko: I think I might have beaten some of your arcade scores.:D

<ô> bango skank <ô>
11-25-2009, 07:05 PM
not for long! cheers for the re-welcome

Jean
11-26-2009, 02:13 AM
welcome back!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gif

craig85br
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi All,

Great site!!

I was reading the Stephen King and Peter Straub book, Black House, which I am sure many of you know holds many references to The Dark Tower books and the themes which run throughout it. After reading this I just had to read The Dark Tower. I started about 2 months ago and have now almost finished The Wastelands.

I havent finished yet so I dont know who else I will meet along the way but part of me wants to say Roland as he is pretty much the coolest character ever but I really like Eddie Dean so I will have to say him!

I have only read the first three but from those I would say The Wastelands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Essex, England but now live in Lille, France.

do you have a nickname?

Yeah, one I got at 8 years of age and I have never been able to shake it!!! Moley!!

Jon
11-26-2009, 09:07 PM
WB Bango.

And Welcome Craig!

Jean
11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon03.jpg

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome Craig. The best book (Wizards and Glass) is yet to come. Don't let the bear tell you otherwise.

Jean
11-27-2009, 12:18 AM
the bear might, he might... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif

But the best book really is to come. It's Wolves, of course.

bartonthegreat
11-27-2009, 12:25 AM
im glad we all agree 'wizard and the glass' is the best..... little roland is awesome!!!! court aint to bad iether!!!

craig85br
11-27-2009, 12:56 AM
thanks for your thoughts guys, Im really looking forward to reading them all and just cant put them down once I have started. Its just a shame they are so expenisve in France, I have to buy them online, get them delivered to England, as the online stores charge the earth to post to France, then wait for someone to come and visit me in France to bring it!! Its so frustrating having finished a book and having to wait weeks or so before I can get hold of the next one!! I cant imagine what it was like for people reading the series as they were written and having to wait years for books! But good things come to those who wait I guess.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-27-2009, 02:29 AM
the bear might, he might... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif

But the best book really is to come. It's Wolves, of course.

I knew he would say that. DT5 aint bad.

Jean
11-27-2009, 03:35 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

alinda
11-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Welcome :grouphug:

Jean
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
thanks for your thoughts guys, Im really looking forward to reading them all and just cant put them down once I have started. Its just a shame they are so expenisve in France, I have to buy them online, get them delivered to England, as the online stores charge the earth to post to France, then wait for someone to come and visit me in France to bring it!! Its so frustrating having finished a book and having to wait weeks or so before I can get hold of the next one!! I cant imagine what it was like for people reading the series as they were written and having to wait years for books! But good things come to those who wait I guess.
Now replace "France" with "Russia", and you'll see you're not that bad off... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

craig85br
11-27-2009, 12:20 PM
very good point Jean. all of a sudden I dont feel so bad off at all!!!

nocny
11-27-2009, 12:39 PM
ok, I wrote few post here and it's time to introduce myself :)
I'm Grzesiek, I'm 31, I'm from Poland and I'm a webmaster of Polish Stephen King Site - stephenking.pl
Hello everyone :)

ChristineB
11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome Craig and Nocny!! Enjoy.

Craig, I just had my first experience with trying to send something across the pond and I have to say I almost needed CPR when the guy told me how much it would be. I am now comfirming with the person that wanted a $35 book if they want to spend 3 times that getting it over the pond. :wtf:

Jon
11-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Welcome again. And yes; reading them as written, over a 23 year peroid, was quite frustrating.

cuthbert1248
11-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I discovered the dark tower about 10 years ago, when i borrowed a copy of the gunslinger from a friend, have been hooked ever since. My favourite character has got to be Cuthbert, but Roland kicks ass too. My favourite book has got to be Wizard n Glass. I am from Staffordshire in the UK, and I am 31. I have many nicknames, but not in real life!:cowboy:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome cuthbert. You are correct. W & G is the best book.

Good luck with the leaderboard.

candy
11-29-2009, 04:15 AM
hello and welocome to all:couple:

Jean
11-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Welcome cuthbert. You are correct. W & G is the best book.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_whistle.gif

Cuthbert, welcome anyway!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

alinda
11-29-2009, 05:22 AM
Hello Cuthbert, welcome to the site. :D

ChristineB
11-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Hello Cuthbert, welcome!

dysonc
11-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi my name is Caroline
Prefer Caz

First read The Dark Tower about 4 years ago,absolutley blew me away ever since have read all volumes once a year.

Fave Character in the book has to be Suzanna.althouth i love Cuthbert and Alain.

Fave book pretty tough,err have to say Wolves Of The Calla
I would love to see them made into movies,but see how they can be,would imagine they would be unfilmable.

I think Viggo Mortensen Would Make a Good Roland.
Sophie Okenadoe( hope i spelt that right) Suzanna
Eddie Dean .James McAvoy.
Jake Not sure.

alinda
11-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Caz, Welcome to thedarktower.org :rose:

ChristineB
11-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Caz, welcome! :clap:

Mia deschain
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I just happen to see the gunslinger at a store one day so I bought it and have loved it since.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland. Hands down.

What is your favorite book? Tough one. Gunslinger I guess but The Wastelands is a close second.

How old are you? 40

Where are you from? Missouri

do you have a nickname? Mom? lol

ChristineB
11-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome Mia!

Mom is the best nickname!