PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

cabbaddu
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
I tryed to post my picture, but it appears only like an attachement. If I click on it, appears this writing (read below):

cabbaddu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How could I post my picture?
Thanks

frik
07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
I love your av!

Thanks..:D

I don't know who's my bigger passion, SK or BJS....8)

sk

turtlex
07-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I tryed to post my picture, but it appears only like an attachement. If I click on it, appears this writing (read below):

cabbaddu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How could I post my picture?
Thanks

Oh, sorry, that's a post number limitation as well. I saw the attachment, but until you have 5, you can't post a picture. It's necessary to keep the site free of spammers.

I love your av!

Thanks..:D

I don't know who's my bigger passion, SK or BJS....8)

sk

Please don't make me pick. :D

biomieg
07-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi 'Frik' ;) nice to see you've found time to post on the DT forum as well :D

(just FYI everyone, if there's a supercollector in The Netherlands it's definitely this guy :))

gunslinger woody
07-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello,

Thought i would never join a site like this, but when i finished the DT series a couple of days ago i have not been able to sleep, all i think about is the ending and it really disturbs me that he has to go through the journey again and again. Its a genius ending but i dont know whether hate it or love it. i think i wanted closure to the series with a happy ending for Roland and i didnt get it! I have just started the series again and ordered several books that relate to the DT (Hearts in Atlantis/Everythings Eventual/Insomnia). No books have ever left me so heart broken. Glad to be a new member to this site andlook foward to palaver with other fans.

Woody.:rose:rose

Matt
07-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the site gunslinger woody, I put tags around a bit of your post for those who do not know the ending yet.

Great to have you, hope you love the site.

rosie real
07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Hello. I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on The Dark Tower and all things Stephen King.

frik
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi 'Frik' ;) nice to see you've found time to post on the DT forum as well :D

(just FYI everyone, if there's a supercollector in The Netherlands it's definitely this guy :))

You're not doing too badly yourself, biomieg :thumbsup:

sk

Jean
07-05-2009, 11:17 PM
welcome rosie real!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif

SigTauGimp
07-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow...lots of new peoples. :D

Welcome, everyone!

Venom09
07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Hello all. Glad I have found a community of fans to the greatest story ever written!!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Was a Stephen King fan from the time I learned to read and ever since I first picked up The Gunslinger at the age of 12 I have been hooked.

Who is your favorite charcter?

I would have to say Eddie, but Roland is a close 2nd and ya gotta love Oy!

What is your favorite book?

All of them.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Originally just south of Buffalo, NY. Now I live in SW Florida and will never leave!

do you have a nickname?

not anymore

Matt
07-06-2009, 09:47 AM
:lol:

I like the answer to the last question. Great to meet you Venom and welcome to the site.

disneyking
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I've been waiting till I finished the DT series to join the site. Just finished last night and I need to talk with some fellow fans. Where's the best place to start?

turtlex
07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Welcome disneyking - If you're looking to jump right in - head on over to the Baronies and pick your book !!!

click here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

disneyking
07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
a little bit bout me!

I've been a King fan since I was in Jr. High. My first SK book was The Dark Half and I've been a fan ever since.

No question... Roland. Followed closely by Jake and Oy and Eddie and Suze and...

Fav. SK book is Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.
Fav. DT book is Wizard and Glass followed closely by Wolves of the Calla and Dark Tower

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Utah

do you have a nickname?

disneyking

disneyking
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome disneyking - If you're looking to jump right in - head on over to the Baronies and pick your book !!!

click here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

Huge thanks, Turtlex. I'm glad to be a part of this group. It's hard finding SK fans here in Utah. I'm sure they're out there, I just don't know too many, so this site is a dream come true!

turtlex
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
You're very welcome and you've discovered a site full of fellow Tower Junkies, so dive right in and enjoy !

Jean
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
welcome disneyking!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

AlishaRiley
07-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Welcome to the site, disneyking! :couple:

DonCarlito
07-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm Carl and I'm from Quebec City :) I've been reading Mr.King since I'm eleven (I'm now 29) and I got all his books (except for a few). I'm a huge fan of the DT series, read the seven books 5 to 8 times each. :)

Each time I saw a book with King on it, I read it :) The first book I read of the DT series was the Gunslinger.

I will say Eddie, but Roland as a very close second.

From the DT series? The Waste Lands. In general, IT (the very first King's book I read).

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Quebec City, so sorry for any typing mistake I'll do in the future. I'm pretty good with English, but far from perfect :)

do you have a nickname?

DonCarlito

turtlex
07-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Welcome, DonCarlito.

alinda
07-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Welcome Disneyking, and DonCarlito to the best darned site on the www.:grouphug:

blackcrow24
07-07-2009, 09:31 AM

I've been reading SK books since i was fifteen, came across the Gunslinger when i was in my early twenties, hooked straight away. If i remember correctly the series had only been released to wizard and glass. The years we all waited for the series to be concluded was a nightmare !!!

Who is your favorite character?

Roland , Hands down.

The Drawing Of The Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Just outside Glasgow in sunny Scotland (UK).

Good to see as many obsessed DT fans as myself , Looking forward to browsing the threads and posting. Thanks all for reading !!! :thumbsup:

Letti
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the site blackcrow! I like your nick name.

KimDealisHot
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello internet folken. I wasn't even aware there was a place like this on the net. Just glad that people actually exist who we'll be capable of understanding me.

This thing:
The Gunslinger sat nicely on my packed shelf, abandoned by my brother. I picked it up, Ka p'raps.

Patrick Danville, picking from the Ka-tet is to difficult.

In the series, "Wolves of the Calla." Out of the Stephen-verse, "The Book of Fate."

How old are you?
Nineteen (minus 3)

Where are you from?
Generic Small Town Indiana, but only for awhile.

do you have a nickname?
Counting stagenames: El Gigante

Jean
07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
welcome DonCarlito!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEhorse.gif

welcome blackcrow24!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEblackcat.gif

welcome KimDealisHot!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon03.jpg

ZeroPegasus
07-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Hello everybody :cowboy:, I'm finally about to start Wastelands - I'm pumped! :excited:

Jean
07-08-2009, 04:25 AM
welcome ZeroPegasus!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBullRider.jpg

alinda
07-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Too cool, Welcome lots of new folk while I slept away that full moon night!

:rose:Welcome to Zeropegasus, Kim, Blackcrow, and Don Carlito!:huglove:

Hey Don Carlto, give me a break on Mafia Wars will ya? :wtf:

DonCarlito
07-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Hey Don Carlto, give me a break on Mafia Wars will ya? :wtf:

Lol, sorry, but I don't play Mafia Wars :) I only pay someone to play it for me :) After all, I'm a Don, I don't have to get my hands dirty :P

alinda
07-08-2009, 05:19 AM
:wtf: Thats histerically funny! Welcome to the site Don. :huglove:

rdb25
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello all. New here - rereading the series for the umpteenth time and decided to look it up online for the first time!

I was 10 when I picked up the Gunslinger at a bookstore. I read it through and then begged my mom to buy me The Drawing of the Three. I then waited patiently for The Wastelands to come out (took forever). I then waited a bit impatiently for Wizard and Glass (took forever and a day). And, so it went. I've read the first three books too many times to count and have read W&G and Wolves of the Calla a handful of times. I've only read the last two books once, but I'm rereading them now.

Roland, Jake and Oy. It depends on my mood and what part of the series I'm reading at the time.

In the series, The Drawing of the Three, though sometimes, admittedly, that changes as well. I love Roland's introduction into Eddie and Susannah's world.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Originally from St. Louis, MO. I now live in Oakland, CA.

Do you have a nickname?
Not that I care to mention, lol.

Jean
07-09-2009, 01:33 AM
welcome rdb25!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-1.gif

alinda
07-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Great intro, welcome rdb25 !:D

dr shottie
07-09-2009, 08:09 AM
been on here a couple of days. im on the 4th book and loving it i cant put it down. you guys who run this site thanksee sai for accepting me into your open arms i feell very welcome. im looking forward to chatting to like minded people

Matt
07-09-2009, 08:13 AM
It's a beautiful thing my friend. I get a huge smile on my face reading this thread because is so very cool to see King fans finding us.

rbd25
DonCarlito
ZeroPegusus

Welcome to the site each and every one of you, I am really glad you found us.

Jean
07-10-2009, 04:05 AM
welcome dr shottie!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

The Last Gunslinger
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM

I was 14 years old and rummaging through a Borders bookstore looking for something to read. I found a copy of The Gunslinger which caught my eye. Little did I know how much that encounter would impact my literary experiences forever.

My favorite character, of course, is our hero, the gunslinger, Roland Deschain.

Thus far I've completed the first four books and I'm torn between The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

19, of course.

Where are you from?

Sai King's home state.

do you have a nickname?

"Joe"

Matt
07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey Joe, glad you found us.

The last three books are a wild ride, watch out on the site for spoilers about the details. :ninja:

citation
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Dark Tower is Nuts! I started 2 weeks ago, and i just finished the The Waste Lands. I'm probably not gonna be around until i finish the series (I'm afraid of spoilers), But its cool to know there are other people fan boyishly obsessed with this series like i am becoming. Hope to have some crazy discussions later.

The Last Gunslinger
07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey Joe, glad you found us.

The last three books are a wild ride, watch out on the site for spoilers about the details. :ninja:

Thanks Matt, I've been extremely careful thus far, making sure to stay away from posts about books I haven't read yet. Anyways, I can't wait to get involved here and discuss some DT.

Long days and pleasant nights.

-Joe

SigTauGimp
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome all you new cats and kittens! :grouphug:

TowerJunkie
07-10-2009, 06:53 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My girlfriend made me read it

Who is your favorite charcter? Eddie Dean and Cuthbert Allgood

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you? 21

Where are you from? Georgia

do you have a nickname? Shiro

Jaymo
07-11-2009, 02:57 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I’m into console gaming (own both 360 and PS3) and post on a gaming forum that a few friends started back in the days of the original Xbox. We have an off topic section the same as many other communities and I started a “What are you reading?” thread. One of the guys there replied that they were reading The Dark Tower, he gave me a brief outline of the story, I thought it was just my thing so picked up The Gunslinger, read it over a couple of days and immediately picked up the next 3 books.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland

What is your favorite book? Would probably say The Drawing of the Three, but I love them all.

How old are you? 32

Where are you from? UK

do you have a nickname? Jaymo

candy
07-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Dark Tower is Nuts! I started 2 weeks ago, and i just finished the The Waste Lands. I'm probably not gonna be around until i finish the series (I'm afraid of spoilers), But its cool to know there are other people fan boyishly obsessed with this series like i am becoming. Hope to have some crazy discussions later.
welcome to the site citation
most of the threads have either spoiler tags or spoiler titles so hopefully you should not come across anything that will spoil your enjoyment of the series:couple:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My girlfriend made me read it

Who is your favorite charcter? Eddie Dean and Cuthbert Allgood

What is your favorite book? Wizard and Glass

How old are you? 21

Where are you from? Georgia

do you have a nickname? Shiro

welcome to the site towerjunkie, thats a good girlfriend you have there my friend:couple:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I’m into console gaming (own both 360 and PS3) and post on a gaming forum that a few friends started back in the days of the original Xbox. We have an off topic section the same as many other communities and I started a “What are you reading?” thread. One of the guys there replied that they were reading The Dark Tower, he gave me a brief outline of the story, I thought it was just my thing so picked up The Gunslinger, read it over a couple of days and immediately picked up the next 3 books.

What is your favorite book? Would probably say The Drawing of the Three, but I love them all.

How old are you? 32

Where are you from? UK

do you have a nickname? Jaymo

welcome to the site jaymo, there are quite a few of us UK people dotted around. :couple:

welcome to all and i look forward to seeing you on the discussion threads

Jean
07-12-2009, 04:19 AM
welcome The Last Gunslinger!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-2.jpg

welcome citation!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

welcome TowerJunkie!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-1.gif

welcome Jaymo!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearBt.jpg

camelmann
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?: My brother bought me ¨La Hierba del Diablo¨ and ¨La Invocación¨ (¨The Gunslinger¨ & ¨The drawing of the Three¨) on the 2002, in Pinamar (Buenos Aires). I was on vacations, and I only wanted to get drunk, chase chicks and have fun. But I ended up DEVOURING those books.

Who is your favorite character?: More than one. But Blaine The Mono, it´s one of the most sick, twisted and cool characters that I ever read ever.

What is your favorite book?: In the Dark Tower Saga?, ¨The Wastelands¨, off course. In general? The Dark Tower saga (obviously) and ¨The Dead Zone¨ (nineteen in the roulette...damn, this King fella it´s really something!)

How old are you?: About to turn 30.

Where are you from?: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

do you have a nickname?: Ruso (Russian).

Long legs and pleasant cunts.

Brice
07-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Welcome camelmann! :)

I did put that last bit of your post in spoiler tags for the language. It's just that this is the first part of the site most people see.

Jean
07-13-2009, 04:17 AM
welcome camelmann!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

bears would be very interested to know where your nickname comes from

Morgandalf
07-13-2009, 08:38 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?:2 years ago i saw the gunslinger in the bookstore and i have it.
Who is your favorite character:Susannah Dean/Mia and other names she has.
What is your favorite book?:the wastelands me too,in all of king's book
How old are you?: 17
Where are you from?:now Turkey
do you have a nickname?:yahudi

Letti
07-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Welcome new friends! Long days and pleasant nights.

Matt
07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?:2 years ago i saw the gunslinger in the bookstore and i have it.
Who is your favorite character:Susannah Dean/Mia and other names she has.
What is your favorite book?:the wastelands me too,in all of king's book
How old are you?: 17
Where are you from?:now Turkey
do you have a nickname?:yahudi

Great to meet you Morgandalf, welcome to the site. :huglove:

Jean
07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
welcome Morgandalf!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearRoses.jpg

Zallia
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello! I'm new to this series, world and Stephen King books in general, so very much in the beginner category. I haven't even finished the series yet, but hopefully you guys won't hold that against me. :)

I keep an eye out for graphic novels here at the library and the artwork for the first Dark Tower compilation caught my eye, so I actually started with the comics. I couldn't wait for more of Roland's story and immediately bought the next one off amazon and then discovered that I actually had most of the series in my house due to the recent library book sale and started on the novels to read along with the comics.

Thus far, Roland, I think. Though I like Jake and Oy quite a bit as well.

I'll have to finish the series first! I've only just started Book 4.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Roswell, NM -- UFO Capitol of the World! *shame*

do you have a nickname?
Zal works, too

Matt
07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I said hello in the other thread, figured I would do it here too.

Welcome to the path of the beam. :rock:

AlishaRiley
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome guys and gals. :grouphug:

Jean
07-15-2009, 02:08 AM
welcome Zallia!

http://s.mynicespace.com/myspacepic/132/13284.jpg

alinda
07-15-2009, 05:46 AM
WOW! There are just so many new folk, Welcome all of you to the best darned site anywhere on the www. I look forward to your postings, and well..... enjoy !
:grouphug:

chillbill
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
How did I discover the Dark Tower?
Found a magazine with The Bear in it a long time ago and found out it was a part of a bigger story so I figured I'd better find the bigger story and that bigger story ended up being The Gunslinger. It just snowballed from there.

Who is my favorite character?
Odetta Holmes/Detta Walker/Susannah Dean

What is my favorite book?
Of the series it is Wolves of the Calla (Book 5). Of all of sai King's works it is The Stand.

How old am I?

Where do I come from?
Arkansas in the when of 2009

Nickname?
William son of Donnie (don't forget the face of your father)
really though people call me Bill

Jon
07-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome!

reckless113
07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?: It was ka! j/k... a buddy of mine said I "had to read these books". Fortunately I took his advice.

Who is your favorite character?: Roland

What is your favorite book?: The Gunslinger or The Drawing of Three

How old are you?: 25

Where are you from?: Ohio

do you have a nickname?: nope

alinda
07-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Welcome Bill, and reckless! Good to have ya here!:)

Jean
07-17-2009, 04:50 AM
welcome chillbill!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeWolf.jpg

welcome reckless113!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WS531.jpg

Rockaholic
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM

I discovered The Dark Tower by complete accident. I have read nearly all of Stephen King's novels and I picked up The Gunslinger one day when I was about 15 and it changed my life. I have since read the series several times.

Roland is definitely my favorite character followed closely by Eddie Dean

My favorite book would have to be The Wastelands because of the constant change of scenery and because of Blaine.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Louisiana

Do you have a nickname?

Nope

AlishaRiley
07-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Welcome Bill, Reckless, and Rockaholic.

Jean
07-21-2009, 08:27 AM
welcome Rockaholic!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

erikeliotwrites
07-21-2009, 02:17 PM
-I worked at Barnes & Noble as well as Borders so I've been surrounded by great literature for a long time. I've been a fan of King's for years--ever since reading IT. Overhead some of my managers discussing TDT, and I was curious so I picked up The Gunslinger;and he rest was destiny.

-I'm actually on the seventh and final book of the series so I have to base my judgement from my previous readings: Hands down, Jake (alongside with Oy) have to be my favorite character(s). Jake's perception on life is very similar to mine; also, the feeling of abandonment and being lost is very simple to relate to for probably any human who has emotion.

-So far, it has to be The Drawing of the Three--but Blaine the Mono and the riddling in The Waste Land was very captivating (being how King referenced and keeps referencing T.S. Eliot is really neat!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
-Midworld :P Southern California in a little town called La Habra; more like Lud

do you have a nickname?
-Erik Eliot

AlishaRiley
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome introduction, Erik. :couple:
Very warm welcomes to you, make yourself at home. :rose:

erikeliotwrites
07-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Awesome introduction, Erik. :couple:
Very warm welcomes to you, make yourself at home. :rose:

thank you for the warm welcome! everyone around here seems extremely nice, probably the best forum for literature i have seen in a while--yet alone forums in general :]

i'm really new to the site and i wanna familiarize myself with it--any helpful hints or tips? :pirate:

turtlex
07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Erik - Your best bet is to just start looking around.

If you want to chat about the DT books specifically... check out the Baronies. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

If you like the DT and Stand Comics, join us over at the Comic Tower. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

King Collectors and great information is over in Calvin's Corner. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=9)

Welcome!

Cort
07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi all, i've been here before but after being away for awhile i thought i should re-introduce myself, and it is GOOD to be back:rock:

turtlex
07-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Welcome Back, Cort !

alinda
07-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Welcome Erik to the site!
:huglove:
Welcome home Cort!

Cort
07-23-2009, 04:10 AM
thank you both :excited:

:rose:

Morgoth
07-23-2009, 05:24 AM
I collect S.K. books, and fell over The Gunslinger in a bookshop.

That must be Cuthbert - He is funny and very brave.

In the series it is Wolves of the Calla. Other than that one, it must be It.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
A small town called Vojens in Denmark.

do you have a nickname?
Yes. Nalle.

turtlex
07-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Welcome, Nalle ! You found a great site for the collector in you. I'm sure I'll see you over in Calvin's Corner !

erikeliotwrites
07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
thanks for that information turtlex :]
i'm gonna go ahead and just browse the site--it's a really neat site :)
and thanks for the warm welcome Alinda, and welcome back Cort :D

uncle_whoopass
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey guys at TheDarkTower.com! I'm a huge dark tower fan, have been ever sine I read the books some 3-4 years ago, for me the greatest fantastical set of books I've ever read. Was really in to Stephen Kings other work beforehand and chanced upon The Gunslinger and was hooked from there.

I've got a Dark Tower related tattoo on my back (my only tattoo) It's the number 19 with the words 'A stone, a rose, a door...' directly underneath, I plan on getting a rose with a solar system above this to complete the piece when I can pluck up the courage and have the required funds. I looks forward to getting involved in all the discussion and banter on the forum.

Thanks, Sam (uncle_whoopass)

Matt
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Sam, great to meet you. We have an amazing Dark Tower Tattoo thread. Hopefully you can get a pic of yours and post it out there so we can see.

Welcome to the site.

uncle_whoopass
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey Sam, great to meet you. We have an amazing Dark Tower Tattoo thread. Hopefully you can get a pic of yours and post it out there so we can see.

Welcome to the site.

Just put a pic up. It's not great quality, after I get the rose done (hopefully before the 'sunny' :orely: summer is out over here in the UK) I'll try and get a decent quality picture of it up, and thanks for the welcome Matt!

EvaH
07-23-2009, 11:09 PM

I've been a fan of SK since I was 14. But never bothered reading the DT series until about a year ago. The reason I started reading it was because of all the connections it had with his other books. I love the series very much and actually just finished it a while ago. I read the first 6 several times before I eventually read the last one, I didn't want the adventure to end.

Susannah.

My favorite is Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

CA

Do you have a nickname?

No.

John Blaze
07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi Rosenrot, and welcome to the site. I agree with not wanting the adventure to end, I know exactly what you mean. I myself didn't read the DT books until after I'd read everything he'd written until then, but I think that's a good thing, because it helps you catch so many more cross references.

Anyways, I won't talk your ear off, but welcome, and I hope you enjoy the site. Any questions, feel free to ask, either here or by PM. We also have a fantastic staff, who will be happy to welcome you and help you familiarize yourself with the site.

Welcome!

Matt
07-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the site Rose, great to meet you.

What JB said! :rock:

LastGuns1nger
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
My name is Robert
I am 28 years old
i found the dark tower series in my senior year of high school (1999) ya weird right i was born in 1981 1+9+8+1=19
i have 2 dark tower tatts 2 pistols crossed with gunslinger through it
and a rose with the words protect the rose around it
my email is servantofka@gmail.com
I have not forgotten the face of my father
is my fav quote
my fav person is Roland because he is the perfect anti hero
and even though he reaches the tower he doesnt get what he thinks he will
and i relate to him very well
my fav book is The Dark Tower it finishes the best series ever written and answers alot of my questions
my nickname is Bob
Thanx this site is pretty awesome add me on face book RObert Guckiean
and myspace myspace.com/kbsextoys dont laugh its an inside joke
thanx everyone

Jean
07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
welcome erikeliotwrites!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome650-7horse.jpg

welcome back Cort!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

welcome Morgoth!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEblackcat.gif

welcome uncle_whoopass!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome1.gif

welcome Rosenrot!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic.jpg

erikeliotwrites
07-25-2009, 08:41 AM
welcome to the site Rose and Robert!
and awesome tattoo uncle_whoopass :D

Halo
07-26-2009, 03:45 AM

A friend of a friend recommended them...haven't looked back since!!

Oy and Cuthbert both very cute and very very funny! But my ultimate fave has to be Roland, I think I might be in love!! :) He's such a great character, everything about him is refined!

I'm only on Wizard and Glass so all this might change in due time...I love The Gunslinger for introducing Roland and setting the story off (I'm amazed at how hurt he got during the fight in Tull .. knowing now that he's a badass!!) But I really really love W & G I've almost finished it in only a few days (impressive for me, I usually like to take my time and really soak in the story) I just cant put the book down!! It's so great to read about the young Roland and his friend Bert and Al.

How old are you?

I'm 22..

Where are you from?

Scotland, UK

Do you have a nickname?

I have many (..Halo is the name of my dog though!) I'm only 5'2" so all my nicknames point out that I'm small!

Jean
07-26-2009, 04:05 AM
welcome Halo!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-Inner.jpg

Halo
07-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Hi!! :D

This is such a fab site! I'm a little afraid to wander too far in...for fear of spoilers! :D

turtlex
07-26-2009, 04:14 AM
Welcome to the site, Halo !!

Jean
07-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi!! :D

This is such a fab site! I'm a little afraid to wander too far in...for fear of spoilers! :D
We try to make the site as safe as possible.

1. If a thread title says "Spoilers!" and is marked with a yellow radioactive sign, don't go there.
2. If you see a spoiler box like this, don't open it
3. Stay away from those forums in the Baronies section that are dedicated to the books you haven't read yet.
4. If, in spite of all this, you still see an unmarked spoiler in spoiler-unmarked thread in a section other than the Baronies, tell me and I will tear the spoilerer's head off. It doesn't often happen, though.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

weezy
07-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself after stumbling across your excellent site,

My name is Louise and i'm 34 years old and from Manchester, UK.

I started reading the Dark Tower Series when I was working my way through all SK books.

My favourite characters are Roland, Jake and Oy.

My favourite book's are the Dark Tower Series, The Stand and I also really love The Long Walk, it disturbs me whenever I read it.

My nickname is my username as i really do dislike my first name.

Matt
07-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey weezy, great to meet you. Welcome to the site.

Same goes for you Halo, I'm sure you can avoid those spoilers.

Jean
07-27-2009, 04:03 AM
welcome weezy!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearBt.jpg

Morgoth
07-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Welcome, Nalle ! You found a great site for the collector in you. I'm sure I'll see you over in Calvin's Corner !

Thank you! I'll be there :D

skawhes
07-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey guys! I'm new here. Just finished listening to the books a few days ago. Wow. What a great series. Anyway, just figured I'd say hey.

Jean
07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
welcome skawhes!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

sujit1975
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
I am big fan of the Dark Tower series and love the way that Stephen King perfected the multi-world/apocalyptic genre. My name is Vince Jones and I have been inspired by the Dark Tower series to write a multi-world themed novel of my own called "Electronica". The specifics of the novel will be released as it nears completion. You will be able to find the novel on lulu.com under author Vince Jones, title "Electronica". It will be over 800 pages and reasonably priced. For any other aspiring authors who write stories based in multiple world environments and/or apocalyptic situation, please post here. I really enjoy reading about these themes and I am sure many other people are too. We can create our own worlds ,loosely based on the general themes in the Dark Tower, without infringing on Stephen King's copyright by duplicating his works in any way. Not being inspired by the greatest series of books in modern times and creating others like it is a crime.

Matt
08-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome. I hope you decide to stay and really contribute. It is kind of bad form to show up on a free forum like this and advertise something.

It would be nice if you stuck around and joined the community as opposed to trying to sell us something. Very close to SPAM.

Jon
08-01-2009, 02:05 PM
WELCOME...and DO stick around!

audzyoung@googlemail.com
08-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi all, i've been here before but after being away for awhile i thought i should re-introduce myself, and it is GOOD to be back:rock:
this is my first time on palaver i,m dead excited

Brice
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Welcome! :D

Jean
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

Ka-tet
08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Technically im not a new member, i just havnt posted in an eternity, but i intend to begin posting again so i figured id post in here.

Anyway im glad to be back ^.^ not sure if any of you guys remember me lol.

turtlex
08-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Welcome New Friends, and welcome back, Ka-tet !

Jean
08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
of course we do! welcome back

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Jon
08-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I remember you!

WELCOME BACK!

Corwin
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
30+ year fan of Mr. King, somehow missed the release of the first two books until they were already out in paperback. Had to wait my turn at the library for the last 3 books, but now own the whole series (last 3 in hardcover, the rest in various paperback forms), currently reading "Wizard and Glass" for the 3rd time, was Googling tonight and found this place here.

Is it a cop-out to say Roland? No, wait, Blaine the Mono...actually, it's too big a work to pick only one favorite character.

I'd say "Wizard and Glass", mostly because I could see it being made as a "stand-alone" movie, even without the other books around it.

How old are you?
Racing headlong towards my 45th birthday this month.

Where are you from?
Wichita, KS (grew up 18 miles south of Wichita in the sleepy agrarian community of Mulvane).

do you have a nickname?
podunkboy, for my small-town upbringing.

Matt
08-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey Corwin, it is great to meet you along the path of the beam.

Welcome to the site.

Susanna
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
My mother bought us the books 1-3 last year, and asked if I wanted to read them. And I read the first book and about a third of the second one. Then I didn't read them for a while. At the start of this summer, I took the second part up again (for unknown reasons) and read it all the way up to the end. And then the third. Then I bought myself the fourth book, and now the fifth which I am currently reading (but not for long). Now I'm waiting for the last two ones to be translated into Estonian and published.

I don't have a favourite.

Again, I don't have a favourite.

How old are you?
14 :blush:

Where are you from?
Tartu, Estonia

Do you have a nickname?
No.

mia/susannah
08-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Welcome all new members. Looking forward to getting to know each and everyone. Welcome back ka-tet!!!!:rose:

Tvmorbid
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Technically im not a new member, i just havnt posted in an eternity, but i intend to begin posting again so i figured id post in here.

You know, I should have done that really. But as I've been back for a week its a little late :lol: Anyways, welcome all new members and welcome back Ka-tet (and myself :D)

ToWeR JunkiE
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone.. I have been searching for a great discussion site where I can finally discuss my guilty pleasures with those who understand them... lol..
I have been a king fan ever since I first read "IT" when I was 10 yrs old..never looked back. I own all of his books and have re-read all of them, I had to have read the Dark Tower series a dozen times. Every time I do I get something new out of it that I missed before..
Any-hoo I'm looking forward to chattin with y'all

Brice
08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Welcome Corwin, Susanna, and ToWeR JunKiE! :) It's great to have you here with us.

Jon
08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Welcome!

Jean
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM
welcome Corwin!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg

welcome Susanna!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_rose.jpg

welcome ToWeR JunkiE!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_cat_2.gif

Qppa
08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi all and greetings from Finland.
I'm 27 years old hag, a huge fan of mr. King's work since early 90's.
My favourite books from King are naturally DT series, IT, The Stand and The Talisman, and Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth.
Well.. I guess that's about IT. Cheers!

Tvmorbid
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Oppa! Welcome to the site! :D

Brice
08-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome, Oppa! :)

twinsmom
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello... brand new here... just finished with the 4th book in the series & eager to read the next. I'm 30 (yikes, that still hasn't set in yet!) and have been a Stephen King fan for many years... I'd have to say my favorites are The Long Walk & the Stand. Anyway, just wanted to get my feet wet here.

Jean
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
welcome Qppa!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-1.jpg

welcome twinsmom!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-Inner.jpg

so called kingson
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
hello brand new just found this site i been trying to fink connections with Kings other books.
and find out who bango skank is

Letti
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
hello brand new just found this site i been trying to fink connections with Kings other books.
and find out who bango skank is

If you find out who Bango Skank is please let me know, too. :)

SigTauGimp
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Actually, if anyone knows who Bango Skank is, just super-message it to everyone. :grouphug:

That's one of those things that I've definitely wondered about at length.

Oh, and welcome all you new cats and kittens!

Jean
08-10-2009, 12:09 AM
welcome so called kingson!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

Gunslingers Moll
08-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi all - I'm ShirleyB aka The Gunslingers Moll. New on here but have read all the Dark Tower books twice, plus the audio book. Just love George Guidall reading it! Great range of voices. Just can't stop myself starting right back at the beginning straight away every time I get to the end of DTVII. My favourite character (besides Roland himself, of course) just has to be Oy.

BigCrazy247
08-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

:dance:

Hey everybody! I'm Chris and work at a major bookstore.
One of my friends finally got me to read The Gunslinger
and I was hooked! I just finished the second book so
right now the Drawing of the Three is my fav but that
could change. I'm 27 and from Oklahoma...they just call
me Big Crazy. Nice to meet you!

-Chris

Jon
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
WELCOME!

Reviarc
08-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Looking forward to meeting fellow DTers again from TDT.net back in the DAY!

Stumbled upon The Gunslinger when I was a kid. Picked it up again in my teens because I remember how good of a book it was and got hooked to em all.

Well besides the obvious Roland, prolly Susan D.

DT4: Wizard & Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Just moved to Kentucky from Baltimore for a job opportunity. Grew up around Chicago.

do you have a nickname?

I love it when you call me Big... Papa...

turtlex
08-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Welcome New Friends !

Bear
08-13-2009, 06:09 AM

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

Hello Everyone. I was just passing through the web, trying to find some Dark Tower Artwork to see if the imagines my mind put to the things in the story were close to others and I stumbled onto your website. I must say, I'm glad to find others that are interested in the Dark Tower. I have yet to completely finish the series, as I just started it about 2 weeks ago. I'm on book 5 and loving every moment of it.

I discovered the Dark Tower by recommendation from a friend at work. I'm an avid reader. I usually put away at least a book or so a week. I was playing a video game called Fall out 3 and started to get into the apocalyptic genera of books. A buddy suggested that I check out the Dark Tower. I read the Stand back in high school, and had a love of how King developed his characters. I'm not really into 'scary' books, so I found myself straying away from King's writings. Now that I've started my journey to the Tower, I've gained an everlasting respect of how well King can produce an Epic that doesn't have to do with demon dogs or evil graveyards. I've been hooked [line and sinker] ever since.

My favorite character thus far in my readings has been Cuthbert. Though Roland is the default by most standards, Cuthbert just made me laugh during the Wizard and Glass. I have greatly enjoyed watching the character of Eddie grow from an immature junkie to a tough gunslinger as well.

Though I have only just started Wolves of Calla, I must say my favorite book was the Wastelands. It was crazy and full of excitement and left you hanging at the very end. I was glad that I always buy my next read before I finish my current book, so I didn't have to wait to see what happened on Blaine next.

I am a very old 22 years of age.

I live in New Jersey, but that will be changing very shortly when I finish my enlistment into the United States Navy.

Nick names? Very few.

Jean
08-14-2009, 01:30 AM
welcome Gunslingers Moll!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2625277.gif

welcome BigCrazy247!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomegothic-015.jpg

welcome Reviarc!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEhorse.gif

welcome Bear!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Bears are very pleased and intrigued to see another bear here http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Matt
08-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Great to meet everyone, thanks for joining the site. And a special thanks to Bear for the service :thumbsup:

Bear
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I appreciate the welcome, everyone. It has been a treat to find this site.

Jon
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome

Velcro Fly
08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I've been a Stephen King fan for a long while now. I got my hands on The Gunslinger at one point and it just went from there.

Roland, most definitely

Wolves of the Calla, and The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Manitoba, Canada

do you have a nickname?
far too many lol

alinda
08-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Welcome all of you! :)

19eye-rosecrow-gun
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey I don't know if I ever introduced myself but here I am.

SigTauGimp
08-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome, everyone! You cool cats and kittens will love it here. :D

Matt
08-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I've been a Stephen King fan for a long while now. I got my hands on The Gunslinger at one point and it just went from there.

Roland, most definitely

Wolves of the Calla, and The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Manitoba, Canada

do you have a nickname?
far too many lol

Hey Velcro Fly, welcome to the site. Very cool to meet you along the path of the beam. :rock:

Woofer
08-15-2009, 12:59 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/562/SibeWelcomeMat.jpg

Rich420
08-16-2009, 02:36 PM

My dad has been reading them ever since King started releasing them, and he recommended them to me.

Eddie. He's the character I can most relate to.

In the Dark Tower series it's The Drawing of the Three (I know this is a Dark Tower/Stephen King site, but my favorite book overall is 1984)

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Toronto

do you have a nickname?

Usually I just go by Rich. I wont repeat my nicknames

turtlex
08-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the site, Rich !

Brice
08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome Rich! :)

Letti
08-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the site, Rich. Long days and pleasant nights. :rose:

smcicr
08-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Hi all,

Be nice to the new kid ;)

Been a fan since I was 11 - made the mistake of picking up 'IT' in a shop, read the first 30 pages or so in there and was hooked. Of course, the book (which is probably my favourite - just so much depth and colour) got to me pretty badly (11 years old + overactive imagination = uh oh) and I ended up having to have it put downstairs in a cupboard, facedown each night for a while :scared: Of course - it didn't help that the town SK picked for Bill and Audra to stay in when they came to UK was five miles from my house...

Worked my way through a few others after that before the Gunslinger arrived and I've been sat, largely agape, ever since at the connections and the overlaps.

Anyway - re-reading IT again at the moment and had some connection style questions so figured I'd come here and ask them :)

Jason.

Matt
08-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Welcome Rich and Jason, great to meet you both.

keyframe
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Hello everyone, guess im the fng on the block. I'm reading DT now for the 2nd time and have been a long time fan of Mr. King since i read Pet Sematary in the 8th grade...1987 or so. Found the place while searching for SK 1st editions."Calvin's Corner" is a gold mine of info., i think i've read every post tonight.

Letti
08-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hello everyone, guess im the fng on the block. I'm reading DT now for the 2nd time and have been a long time fan of Mr. King since i read Pet Sematary in the 8th grade...1987 or so. Found the place while searching for SK 1st editions."Calvin's Corner" is a gold mine of info., i think i've read every post tonight.

Welcome!
If you would like to read every post every day you will spend your whole life here. ;)

Brice
08-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Yes, this is true.

I know. :lol:

alinda
08-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the site all of you!
You know that no matter what your looking for
we happen to have it here, it's an amazing site
and we're all glad that you have found it! :D

DTJunkie
08-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Been waiting along time for the new webpage to become reality again, was doing some research for my friend to draw me a possible Dark tower painting to hang in the living room when i stumbled across this page. Finally some ppl to discuss and hang out with who actually loves the Dark tower serie.

So

Always loved Stephens work, but then i read the Gunslinger when it was first published in swedish in the early 90's. I loved it. Then it always have been a long long wait for the books to became translated. Still waiting on the final chapter.

Roland

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Malmo, Sweden

do you have a nickname?

Not really.

Matt
08-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the site DTJunkie, I'm so glad you found us!

Letti
08-18-2009, 07:54 AM
DTjunkie, your screen name tells me you will love it here. :) Welcome.

alinda
08-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Welcome DTJunkie :grouphug: to a huge family of DTJunkies!

Eric719691
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM

Surfing the web looking for Stephen King collectors sites.

Roland

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Originally Nebraska, but stationed in Connecticut for the last 18 years.

do you have a nickname?

Not really.

Letti
08-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Eric! Welcome! Look around and don't hesitate to post. :rose:

alinda
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi Eric, welcome to the site. :D

mia/susannah
08-19-2009, 07:56 AM
welcome all new members!!!:rose:

Eric719691
08-19-2009, 04:57 PM

Been on the site for a few months now, not much of a poster on any site I belong to. Really enjoy this site and finally decided to join. Tons of great info hear thanks to all of you, along with HuskersIllustrated, this is the best site I go to daily.

Eric

Letti
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM

Been on the site for a few months now, not much of a poster on any site I belong to. Really enjoy this site and finally decided to join. Tons of great info hear thanks to all of you, along with HuskersIllustrated, this is the best site I go to daily.

Eric

Music to my ears.

Jon
08-20-2009, 01:21 PM
WELCOME

Jean
08-22-2009, 09:41 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

www.hyraxia.com
08-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been away for a while, used to be in here now and again as hyraxbooks. I've since been travelling and working away, but back home now and catching up on the last half a dozen books. I'm a bit of a collector and recognise a few of the faces here. I run a book-collecting website and forum (hence the name) so feel free to pop by.

Hope to add some value to the site here, though there are far too many experts already!

mia/susannah
08-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Welcome hyraxia

MPatrick
08-24-2009, 07:16 AM
So I had decided to read the series over again, and now find myself back to seeing links to this great series everywhere. Glad to know that there is still a place in the world for Tower junkies like me!

When I was younger, my mom came home with a box of used paperbacks. Half of them were Stephen King novels, and The Gunslinger was one of them. Kind of forgot about it for a while, and found Drawing of the Three while I was in college. Never looked back...

Roland, with a side of Eddie

The Wastelands, and it always makes me read W&G as soon as I'm done!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

NYC :rose:

do you have a nickname?

Not really, but you can call me Mike...

mia/susannah
08-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Welcome MPatrick. Looking forward to getting to know you. :huglove:

Letti
08-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the site, Mike. Good to have you around.

lowdown
08-25-2009, 08:35 AM
hey folks ....i just found this sight and it looks good.....im finishing song of sussanah right now and i just got the last book from the library.........i read the gunslinger when i was , now im 31 and i finally am gonna finish the journey......why did it take so long?..its a little weird ........i stopped reading faithfully for 8 years but im back now....

Waylander
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello everyone, how are you all? I hope you are all well.

Just a quick question to the staff, is it possible to insert a Scotland flag into the National Flag section? It would be great if you could :)

I bought the Gunslinger in 1999 from a local book shop for £1.00 from the bargain bin, I struggled to get into the book to start with as I had just finished reading Legend by David Gemmill (totally different books, but Legend is also an excellent book) but kept reading and I'm GLAD I did.

Detta Holmes makes me laugh my effin arse off, but Eddie Dean is my favourite character, I can slightly relate to him.

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Banff, Scotland

do you have a nickname?

I'm not tellin ye, nah - nah.

yesterday's_eyes
08-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I couldn't decide what SK book to read next and my brother suggested I read the Dark Tower series.

Roland

Either Wizard and Glass or Drawing of the Three. That being said, I just started reading Wolves of the Calla so I still have three more to go before I can really decide.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Texas

do you have a nickname?
no not really

Jean
08-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Joe the Timelord
08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
I found a copy of The Gunslinger at my grocery store. It looked intriguing, but at first I didn't buy it (low on cash). Regardless, it never escaped my mind. About a couple weeks later I see the same book, untouched, on the shelf. I picked it up, paid for it, and the rest is history. I even love the last three books (which seems to be a rare opinion for some reason.)

I'm tied between Roland and Stephen King, in all his forms.

I kind of count the whole series as one book, but if I had to choose, it would probably be The Waste Lands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Texas.

do you have a nickname?
Well, my name is Clay, but I answer to Joe the Timelord (or just Joe) online. Don't know why I picked that particular pseudonym, but there you are.

Nice to meet everybody!

turtlex
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Hey Clay - Welcome to the site !!

alinda
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello , all of you. Interesting stories you got.
I do believe your going to love the place...we do! :D Welcome!

Rambo, John J
08-26-2009, 01:35 PM

My brother is a big King fan and I came across and started reading his collection when I was around 8 or 9. After reading IT I picked up The Gunslinger and read it. I wasn't too impressed (mainly cause a lot of the themes went way over my head) but when ( a few years later) I was perusing his bookshelf again, I came across DoTT and TWL and read both in quick succession. DoTT had me hooked and from that point the rest is history!

Hmm... its such an easy and predictable (not to say cliche) answer, but it has to be Roland. My favourite fictional hero growing up and still is.

Tough one. The one I remember most is Wizard and Glass, but only because when it came out I was old enough to enjoy it properly and take my time reading it. But favourite... I think has to be Drawing of the Three. It was that book that made me want to be a writer. The suspense throughout the book was unlike anything i'd read up to that point and it made me a full-on Tower junkie!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Belfast, NI

do you have a nickname?

Usually Rocky, Rock or Rocko.

Matt
08-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome Rambo, great to meet you.

Waylander, you should have your Scotland flag now. :cowboy:

alinda
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.witchyswikkedgraphix.com/categories/Welcome/welcome%20(14).gif

blaine
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone, i'm a long time lurker , first time poster.
hailing from the uk, say thankee
i've read the whole series twice and considering a third very soon :-)
i'm also a collector of the new comic series and am in favour of a live action version of the series.
also a big fan of all steves work and pretty much read everything he's ever written, also would love to see a film version of the 'the long walk'
i look forward to having palaver with all of you :-)

Jean
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM

Jon
08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
welcome!!

Elevatormusicmaker
08-29-2009, 04:19 AM

I think i just picked it up one day, and said, "hey, i've seen this name everywhere" and there the journey began for the price of E19.99...

Eddie. He's the guy that would make the most inappropriate joke at the right time and no one will laugh. THat's me!

Hmmm... I'm only 1 fifth through the final book so I can't say for sure. So far though out of the 6... probably... Wizard and glass, despite common opinion.

How old are you?

20. But I WAS 19 once.

Where are you from?

Cork, Ireland

do you have a nickname?

A girl in college insists on calling me Brenda/Brendyz but thats probably not what your looking for. If you like, you can call me phoenix!! :D

... in fact now that i think of it... its probably not a good idea to stay o the forums untill i finish the series...

EddyRawlea
08-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Darkmaniscoming has been bugging me to check out this site for months and I finally have had a chance...great stuff!!!

I understand there is some great people here, as well as some slayers of fake signatures...look forward to meeting you all!!

Eddy

johnmd20
08-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello, big fan of The Tower. I finished the series in 2004 but I just reread it over the past two months and read the 3 Graphic Novels as well and I'm back to being a Tower addict!

I read the Gunslinger in 1992, it was recommended to me by a friend. I then read Drawing and Wastelands in that same year. Impatiently waited for W&G, which I read immediately after it came out in 1997. I was like Roland's Ka Tet after it looked like King wouldn't finish the series, very angry at Sai King himself for taking so long. But, say thankya, King wasn't killed in that van accident and it was finished.

Eddie Dean. Roland is the best character ever created, but Eddie is my favorite.

Wizard and Glass. It is one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

New York City, I live on 54th and 2nd Avenue. Yep!

do you have a nickname?

Not really, I'm 36.

turtlex
08-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Welcome everyone!

Hey Eddy - we love referrals!

blaine
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
i forgot to fill in the questionnaire so here goes....

i've been a long time fan of stephen king, i think i read IT at about age 12 although i didnt reach the dark tower series until about 5 years ago and when i did i read them back to back as they came out.

father callaghan , although salems lot is the only book by king i haven't read. go figure

wolves of the calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
hertfordshire, just north of london uk

do you have a nickname?
tobot the robot ;-)

turtlex
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey welcome, blaine!!!

Jean
08-30-2009, 12:19 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-2.jpg

Jon
08-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Welcome!

AlishaRiley
08-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Welcome to all the newest guys and gals.
I hope you love it here as much as we do. :rose:

keyframe
08-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Hello and welcome to everyone newer than me.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Hannah
08-31-2009, 06:48 PM
do you have a nickname?

Not really, I'm 36.

Just wanted to point out that no one is ever too old for nicknames. :P

And welcome to the site, John! :D

johnmd20
09-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Just wanted to point out that no one is ever too old for nicknames. :P

And welcome to the site, John! :D

You're right, I cannot argue. But, still, I don't have a nickname and I never really did because I always went by my last name, even in High School and college. Nothing very fun.

Hannah
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I wish I could have gone by my last name.

I had the worst nickname growing up. I got this bad haircut in 7th grade, and my brother started calling me Buffalo Wings. Then he made up a song about it. Recently, he wrote music for it on his guitar and now sings it when we get together for Holiday gatherings. With brothers and sisters you never get to put those humilating moments from childhood behind you.

mia/susannah
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
welcome to the site everyone!!!!:grouphug:

birdandbear
09-01-2009, 05:31 PM
:cowboy:
hello everybody, it's so nice this forum is still active so far. well, i need to introduce myself. Note: i had joined this site months ago but i wasnt active..

i started to read some King books and i searched about which one's the best King book, and this is how i discovered the dark tower :D

Eddie and Roland so far.
Wizard and Glass. (i have just read the first 5 books, i am still reading the Song of Susannah..

How old are you?
Where are you from?
Turkey.

do you have a nickname?
i had. but i dont have now :P

AlishaRiley
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
welcome,birdandbear. :couple:

birdandbear
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Jean
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM

mmpierce
09-01-2009, 11:41 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend recommended them
Who is your favorite charcter? I haven't finished them all (in the middle of Book V), so I am reserving judgment.

What is your favorite book? See previous answer!

How old are you? 28

Where are you from?Louisiana

Do you have a nickname?m&m

Melike
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
:cowboy:
hello everybody, it's so nice this forum is still active so far. well, i need to introduce myself. Note: i had joined this site months ago but i wasnt active..

i started to read some King books and i searched about which one's the best King book, and this is how i discovered the dark tower :D

Eddie and Roland so far.
Wizard and Glass. (i have just read the first 5 books, i am still reading the Song of Susannah..

How old are you?
Where are you from?
Turkey.

do you have a nickname?
i had. but i dont have now :P

Welcome birdandbear! :rose:
It is exciting to see another member from Turkey. There was one, but she isn't active. Hope we will see you around more.

birdandbear
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
it is exciting for me, too! well, this site is very big but i think i can get used to it.

Melike
09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
it is exciting for me, too! well, this site is very big but i think i can get used to it.
Yeah, you're right, site is very big and it is hard to get used to it; at the beginning I felt the same. Hope you don't give up. Cause this is a great place to lost in.

blaine
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
it's great that its huge , you can go exploring every night :-) picking up loads of stuff i missed. it's definately inspired me to go for my 3rd re read soon.

Jon
09-04-2009, 06:31 AM
WELCOME!!!

Anjerith
09-04-2009, 06:45 AM
I discovered the Tower totally by providence, I've always been a fan of King, and I found the superior books on tape version of the Drawing of the Three by Frank Muller (yes, it was on actual tape!). Since then, I've been hooked.

Hard Choice. I probably relate to Mr. Dean more than other characters, but I can relate to Roland's love for Jake via my own relationship with my son. Either way... last book crushed me :D

I love the Drawing of the Three, and probably always will, for bringing me into this masterpiece of storytelling. But I believe Wolves will always have me for the massive expanse of folklore in Rolands world.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Originally? North Carolina.

Do you have a nickname?
I'm happy with Anj. Real names Andrew, but (perhaps sadly) I answer to both!

alinda
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
:rock:Greetings you guys, Y'all have such interesting stories yourselves.
I know that YOUR GOING TO LOVE THIS PLACE. It may seem big and intimidating
at first, but the people , stories, humor, and subject matter simply can't be beat.
I am delighted that you have found your way to us. let us know if you need
any help, there is a thread for just about any topic tower relater (or not)
Come on in and enjoy yourselves....and Welcome to the site!

SigTauGimp
09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome, welcome, all you cool cats and kittens. You'll enjoy yourselves around here, guaranteed. :D

Jon
09-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Welcome!

TheeNinja
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Welcome all.

Jean
09-06-2009, 10:56 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome21.gif

lextune
09-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I started reading King around '88, and by '90 I had read everything he'd written. (So I'm one of those who suffered the six year wait between DT III and IV, lol).

I can't say that I have one really.

All seven of them have a special, unique, place in my heart.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Grew up and went to school in the Boston area, now reside in New Hampshire.

do you have a nickname?
My name is Alexander. I'll answer to that; Alex, or Lex.
Only one I can't abide is; Al.

Jean
09-07-2009, 10:58 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBullRider.jpg

lisaki
09-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Hello :) I was a member in darktower.net a long time ago. I think I remember some of you people :) Anyway happy to be here :rock: and please excuse my spelling mistakes.

In Greece, where I live, Stephen King books aren't published in order of original publishing. For example we're still waiting for "Firestarter" and "Skeleton Crew" to be translated and published here. I read those in english, as I did with many other SK novels. About five years ago they decided to publish the "Gunslinger". I had no idea of the DT since then. A friend of mine called me to inform me about a new SK novel she found in stores. I got the "Gunslinger" having no idea that it's a part of a 7 book series, and I was dissapointed when I found out. Luckily all seven books were out in a few years, translated in my language, to read.

Roland of course...
I also love Eddie, Oy, Jake, Susan and Cuthbert. I like Walter very much.

What is your favorite book?[/B]
I think of the series as one big book. If I had to chose I'd say "Wizard and Glass".

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Im from Greece and I live in Athens.

do you have a nickname?
My name is Lisa. I used the nickname "Erpistria" in the past.

Jean
09-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Καλώς Ήρθατε στο Σάιτ!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-3.jpg

lisaki
09-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks Jean! :rose:
(Καλώς σας βρήκα :) )

turtlex
09-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Welcome Lex and Lisa !!!

lowdown
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
welcome everybody im new too ...but still welcome

Melike
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Wellcome Lisa, Lex and lowdown.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D-LZxhXlNXY/SEYamJ5kunI/AAAAAAAAC_I/kkdVcsqpJzU/s400/funny%2Bpictures.jpg

Jean
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM

LastGunslinger19
09-10-2009, 04:00 AM
I am Jacob son of Douglas.

My English teacher saw me reading a lot of King, and let me borrow a copy of The Gunslinger. Ever since I've been on a quest for the tower.

Of course its Roland Deschain. He is the most badass badass that ever lived to be called a badass. Also he is a deep soul, that you never can quite figure out.

The Drawing of the Three, because it was just so epic, and had so many interesting characters.

How old are you?
I am the rightful age of 17.

Where are you from?
I'm from a little town in Ohio, in the U.S.

Do you have a nickname?
Mainly just Jake, but I have been known in certain company as The Last Gunslinger, due to my obsession with the Dark Tower series, hence my screen name.
"May we meet on the path before we meet in the clearing.":rose:

Jean
09-10-2009, 04:06 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome650-7horse.jpg

Melike
09-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Welcome Jacob!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/niennatonks/dogumgunu/Surrealism_thumb2.jpg

Matt
09-10-2009, 10:01 AM
So many new members these days. It is great to meet all of you and I hope you have fun on the site.

Welcome to the Path of the Beam

king_of_crimson
09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Hello all, I am Andrew, son of...well Andrew...

I have been an avid fan of the TV show "Lost" for quite a while and heard that the producers of the show had many inspirations from Steven King and "The Dark Tower". Being that "Lost" is by far my favorite TV series ever, I had to look into "TDT". I started about a month ago and just finished "The Wastelands". So far it's a truly epic series that i should have started a long time ago.

Roland without a doubt. I love how he can be so cold at times but continues to grow and develop during the series. I just started "Wizard and Glass" and the Susan story arc is showing a whole new side to him.

So far, it would have to be "The Wastelands". Everything from "Shardik" to the crazy ride aboard "Blaine"...and everything in between.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Dirty New Jersey

Do you have a nickname?

Some of my close friends call me Drew. Thats about it really.

Beambounder
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
:beat:I Just want to express my pokeberry like flights of fancy to find others who live in shadows or beams of The Dark Tower, I am a painter, writer, etc who found a copy of The Gunslinger back in the Eighties, and have been addicted since. I am much like E. Freemantle down to crutching on the beach and painting the future -only ten years in advance. That story rang so true to my own that the first section published prior to the book Duma Key, in Tin Man -had me crying like and old woman asking questions like."How does Sai King know so much about me?" Then when the book came I skipped up to the point after The Tin Man publication-the similiarities continued. Thanks for being there Sai King and others of The Tower. Long Days and pleasant nights. Come,comma,commalla. RSSippel aka Beambounder.

Jean
09-10-2009, 10:23 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome3260234401.gif

Hannah
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Beambounder - welcome to the site! :D

I'm going to be merging this thread in with our introduction thread tomorrow, but I'll leave this here so people will see it before I merge.

Matt
09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Great into Beambounder, welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Jean
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm going to be merging this thread in with our introduction thread tomorrow, but I'll leave this here so people will see it before I merge.
every time I see it in the index, I think it's about Mike (who is a wonderful path).

Welcome Beambunder!

tattoodgrl
09-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Everyone! I was googleing DT tattoos and came across this site.

What is your favorite book? wizard and Glass

How old are you? 39

Where are you from? AZ

do you have a nickname? not really

Matt
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Great to meet you, I love how we come up real high on that search. Got plenty of examples of great DT tats here. :rock:

Jean
09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome178868103.jpg

Jon
09-13-2009, 08:28 AM
WELCOME

Dryn
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Michael.

I only recently got into reading fiction, and I remembered hearing of the Dark Tower years ago. When I had finished a couple of novels I wanted to get into more, and somewhere inside me recalled the Tower, and I began googling it, and it was just a matter of minutes before I ordered all 7 books in one go.

I love all the characters, but it would have to be Roland.

I am currently on the final book, and all of them are incredible and touching in their own ways, but I will say that it is perhaps Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

England

Do you have a nickname?

Sure, on forums - Dryn

I would also like to say that I am a character artist, and I love the Dark Tower world so much that I am embarking on a new personal project to create some of the characters. It will likely take many months, but I am absolutely dedicated to this.

I will hopefuly be posting some of the work and ideas that I have in the near future.

Great to sign up here!

lowdown
09-13-2009, 05:50 PM
thank you Melike......i missed the beginning intro outline so here we go

I am Joshua son of John

in ninth grade i was already reading King books but for some reason i just picked up gunslinger really out of the blue.......i was obssesed after that though:scared:

Probally Jake ....his cuorage as a young boy is amazing and when i read about him in the first books ....i wasn't much older then him

Toughy.....probally song of sussansh

it just revealed so much and i was on edge the whole time....great book

How old are you?
I am 31.......32 in October

Where are you from?

Raleigh N.C. in the U.S.A.

Do you have a nickname?

LOW or Lowdown

PS:rose:
(i love this site)

ens189
09-13-2009, 07:19 PM

I was sitting in the library in high school waiting for a ride and saw them sitting there, I've always been a King fan (Bag of Bones being my favorite after the DT) and started readin them.

Roland without a doubt, probably my favorite hero of all time.

Wizard and Glass without a doubt.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

El Paso, TX

Jean
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearheart.gif

murlodin
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Mario.

For years I've been lured to SK's books. Dunno, there's something about them that likes me a lot. And as time passed by, I found myself buying The Gunslinger in spanish, without knowing anything about it. Last year I bought all of the books in english, so translation wouldn't miss anything. Just yesterday I finished the last book.

Maybe Jake. Maybe Oy. Maybe Roland, most likely.

Seventh, by most.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
México

Do you have a nickname?
I've used Murlodin since... well, a lot of time. I used to be a writer, and one of my biggest (largest, longest, whatever please ya) stories gave birth to this character: Murlodin. Never published that one, yet another of my work did. By now I'm focus on med school, no time for writing anymore.

Mario does me fine, say thankya-sai.

Greetings.
Ta.

Melike
09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Welcome Mario!
http://www.rpollittoilfield.com/images/HUMMING-BIRD-WELCOME.gif

darkwolf
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey all, I'm Haaris, son of Zia.

By accident, when looking through a bunch of graphic novels. Saw the Marvel series, it piqued my interest, read the Gunslinger Born, and HAD to get the books they were based upon. This was early last year. Its taken me a long long time, but I'm finally on the last book, and the whole entire series has been phenomenal, it'll be sad when I'm done...

Probably a tie between Roland and Walter.

I don't feel comfortable choosing one just yet, I'll choose when I'm done.

How old are you?
I'm 24, going on 25.

Where are you from?
Philly

Do you have a nickname?
I have a few, but lets not go there...

turtlex
09-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey darkwolf - Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out the Comic Tower for all the discussions on the comic books! It's always great to see another comic fan here.

Careful with spoilers everywhere, though, until you finish the last book !

darkwolf
09-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome turtlex! I've made sure to tread carefully through the forums until I'm done the last book, so no worries there. As a matter of fact, this place has me wanting to finish the book all the more quickly so I can partake in more conversations!

Melike
09-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Welcome Haaris.

Jean
09-17-2009, 03:02 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome4-cl.jpg

alinda
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.witchyswikkedgraphix.com/categories/Welcome/welcome%20(12).gif

Jon
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
WELCOME!

darkwolf
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Thank ya kindly

Matt
09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the site darkwolf, great to meet you.

elley0531
09-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello, I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself :)

I ahve read most of King's work which of course includes the Dark Tower series...just about the read it again for the second time.