PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

gsvec
12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I agree - welcome, man! You're gonna love it here! :D

manbearpig
12-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks!

The Lady of Shadows
12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?

idk, my bff jill? Yes, seriously.

<snip>

dude, LOVE the username! :lol:

now if only you had better taste in people. :P (to paula :wtf: )

jeffnumberone
12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
My name is Jeff. I live in Paducah, Kentucky. I'm a big fan of The Dark Tower books. Right now I'm on my third read of the entire series. Each time I reread the books I seem to discover something different... seem to realize something I didn't comprehend before. It'll take me a bit to look around the site and get active but wanted to introduce myself to y'all first. I hope we're well met in the Calla... I mean on the site.
Here are my answers to the questions asked. Hope to get to know you all. Thanks!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I always saw the books listed in the "Also By Stephen King" pages but decided not to read any of them until the series was complete so I could read them back to back... so that's what I did.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland is my favorite... It's ultimately his story. Second favorite would be Pere Callahan for sure.

What is your favorite book? A tie between "Wizard and Glass (IV)" and "The Dark Tower (VII)"

How old are you? 29

Where are you from? Paducah, Kentucky

do you have a nickname? Not currently, used to have several

Jon
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Hello Jeff. I think we have a member right near you.

(Wait...can I make a joke out of that in this thread? Please... the other member is in Morehead...Its BEGGING for a dirty joke!)

Jon
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh and hello Manbearpig!

SigTauGimp
12-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the site, jeffnumberone!
Look around, hop in, and enjoy yourself...there's something for everyone here. :rock:

Same goes for you, manbearpig! :dance:

Jean
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
welcome dsurrett!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

welcome manbearpig!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

welcome jeffnumberone!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearBs.jpg

Tod22
12-18-2008, 05:16 AM
I first picked up "The Gunslinger" from my school library when I was 12 years old but never actually managed to finish it. A month ago a friend of mine bought it so I decided to give it another try and haven't put the series down since. I'm on "Wizard and Glass", the only thing slowing me down are Amazon delivery times :angry:

Who is your favorite charcter?
Not sure yet, have to finish the series before I make a decision.

What is your favorite book?
I'm loving "Wizard and Glass", I've been infinitely curious about Roland's past and the story of Susan ever since it was mentioned in the first book.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
I'm from Bulgaria but right now I'm living in Belgium

do you have a nickname?
Well Tod is one of them (short for Todor, my full name), I've also been called any Tody, Todorskovich and many more.

turtlex
12-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Welcome New Folken !

Jean
12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
welcome Tod22!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearB.jpg

Matt
12-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Tod, welcome to the site. We are well met along the path of the beam.

jayson
12-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Welcome Tod. Glad you are enjoying the series so far, and glad you have found this forum. :)

Cort
12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi All , thanks for the welcome, i agree with fizz this is a really friendly site...well done guys :rock:

Cort
12-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Ha ha firz i mean ....sorry 'bout that

rocket123
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone i just started Bag Of Bones. SO FAR it is a great. I can tell i am going to like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tod22
12-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree, a really friendly forum, thanks a lot for the welcomes

idk, my bff jill?
12-18-2008, 06:26 PM

idk, my bff jill? Yes, seriously.

dude, LOVE the username! :lol:

now if only you had better taste in people. :P (to paula :wtf: )

HEY! :lol:

Welcome Jeff and Todd. :couple:

Jon
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome folks!

alinda
12-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome All!:rose:

SigTauGimp
12-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Welcome everyone!
Enjoy yourselves, and have fun exploring everything there is to offer here!:grouphug:

alinda
12-19-2008, 02:55 AM
:grouphug: It's so cool to have new members everyday. Welcome to the best site on the web, and hopefully your new obsession ...come on in and start posting!

Rollick
12-19-2008, 06:02 AM

I've always liked Stephen Kings novels and it was just a matter of time before I got to it.

Eddie although it's difficult to say that, loving jake as I do.

Wizard and Glass. The rest are wonderful but Wizard and Glass stands on its own as one of my favorite books.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Gardner, KS (near Kansas City)

do you have a nickname?

No nickname but my real name is Jeff.

:rose:

ManOfWesternesse
12-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Welcome Rollick/Jeff.

jayson
12-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Welcome aboard Jeff.
It's always good to have another fan of W&G and Jake Chambers around. :)

Jean
12-19-2008, 06:19 AM
welcome Rollick!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeRed.jpg

Whitey Appleseed
12-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Hi friends,
Looks like a great site, read a few threads, don't know how much I'll post yet, but figured I ought to say hi, nice to meet ya!

Bought a copy of The Gunslinger in a bookstore, Rapid City, South Dakota, summer of '06. Late bloomer to King. I'm 49 and feelin' it. Hooked since.

Who is your favorite character?
Good question. Hard not to get interested in Roland and then we meet someone else, they interact with Roland, and there you go. At times, I'm with Eddie, and want to ring Roland's neck. Jake's pretty cool, as well.

First time through, I really liked The Drawing of the Three, enjoyed the idea of being in someone's head, the feeling of being bewildered, enlightened and baffled at the same time.

How old are you?
Guess I answered that up above, or did I...memory, age, all that...49...oh yeah, and feelin' it.

Where are you from?
I'm from the Copper Country, about as far north in Michigan as you can get, a Yooper, nowadays, a play on 'the Upper Peninsula', "trolls" being from 'the Lower Peninsula.

do you have a nickname?
I've had some nicknames I'd like to forget, Wussy Wally Wonder comes to mind (my real name is Walter), kids come up with the darnedest things, "carrot" another, maybe cause of the way I tan (could be some Laplander in me). Wally when I was younger. I go by Walt now. Whitey works. Yeah, boy howdy! Anyway, pleased to meet you. Looks like there's a lot to read here before I do much posting.

alinda
12-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Welcome Whitey, and Rollick

http%3A//img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/animeskies/welcome6.jpg

turtlex
12-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Welcome new friends !

Jean
12-21-2008, 09:42 AM
welcome Whitey Appleseed!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome1.gif

jaded1s
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone! I thought that I'd take a moment to say hello and answer these questions.

A long time ago, I borrowed the book from my best high school friend. I read the three that were out at the time, in a matter of weeks. That was about 20 years ago.

Wow... that is so hard to choose. Probably Jake or Eddie.

I liked Wizard & Glass the best.

How old are you?

Is always twenty acceptable? ;) I'm 34.

Where are you from?

I began as an American, born in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am now a permanent resident of Canada, and live in Edmonton, Alberta.

do you have a nickname?

Most people just call me Ani, you all can too.

jayson
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome Ani :)
Hope you enjoy it here.

SigTauGimp
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Welcome, everyone!
Enjoy yourselves, and don't be afraid to ask for directions if you get lost in this big place. :couple:

Jean
12-22-2008, 12:16 AM
welcome jaded1s!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/ST035Welcome-Posters.jpg

K.J.J.
12-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Greetings fellow Mid-Worldians!
Long Days and Pleasant Nights!
I am Kevin of Sydney, son of Robert.
Nice to meet you all ^^ I shall answer your questions now (:

Well, last year in December I picked up a copy of the Stand, after hearing it was an influence in my favorite Television show LOST. I read it in two weeks, it was the second book I ever read, and is by far the best tale I have heard (so far). So I got interested in Stephen King, and more specifically, the demon known as Randall Flagg. I learned that Flagg made appearances in other books, specifically, the Dark Tower series. So i bought the first book, and read it in two days. I fell in love with it, and so far I have read the first four novels of the Dark Tower, and have just begun the fifth tale that has changed my view on life and this universe as a whole.

Definatly Randall Flagg/Richard Fanin/Marten Broadcloak/Walter O'Dim

So farr....probably the first one. The Gunslinger. No line in existence beats "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

How old are you?

The ripe young age of 17.

Where are you from?

From the before mentioned Sydney, Australia!

do you have a nickname?

My friends call me Retro Kev (:

Brice
12-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Welcome new friends! :)

Matt
12-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Hey Ani and KJJ--it's really cool to meet you guys.

Welcome to the site.

jaded1s
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Thank you all!

alinda
12-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome Ani, and KJJ
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/top/welcome_signs/welcome_signs_25.gif

Ric
12-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Greetings fellow denizens of Mid-World, I suppose this is as good a place as any for my premier post to this wonderful corner of the 'net. My name is Ric as you may have surmised by the astounding lack of creativity shown in my choice of handle, and I currently reside in the great state of New Jersey (please keep the wisecracks to a minimum).

I first came across the work of Sai King — Stephen as he was known to me back then — in the summer of 1979 while I was pouring over a stack of tattered paperbacks in a small, musty used book shop on the south shore of Long Island while my mother was shopping at a clothing store next door. I was eight years old at the time and eager to warp my fragile little mind in as many ways as possible, so I quickly found my way to the "Horror & Science Fiction" section of the shop, which amounted to nothing more than a separate pile of tattered and yellowing paperbacks scattered about. That's pretty much the way the shop was laid out as I remember; not so much in sections, but rather in piles. Oh, there's the "Bestsellers" pile, and over there next to the cardboard box and the chair with three legs? Yea, that's the "Home & Garden" pile.

Asking the proprietor for a specific title was a venture that was undertaken only by the masochistic and the easily amused. She was a robust woman, and if you'd asked me her age at the time I would have said "pre-historic" but the reality was that she was probably close to sixty. She had eyes that seemed to be set three feet deep in her head and when she turned to look at you — which was not often — she bore a vague resemblance to Jabba the Hutt after he'd eaten one of his frog snacks. More often than not the response to any query was "over there, in that pile," which as you can imagine was less than helpful. Other times, you would just get a stare that either meant "over there, in that pile" or "get away from me before I tear out your pancreas and hang it on the wall." Luckily for me I didn't happen to be looking for anything in particular that day, I just wanted something icky and scary to bring home.

My mother would often lose track of time when she was clothes shopping, sometimes spending an hour or more wandering the aisles picking up the same blouse three or four times before finally trying it on, deciding it wasn't for her, and putting it back on the rack. I know this because the first few times she went I tagged along, acting less like her son and more like her walking clothes rack as she strolled through the aisles picking up blouse after blouse and laying them across my head saying "hang onto this for me for a second ok hon?" Thankfully, I discovered the book store shortly thereafter, and I was able to get out of "hangar duty."

The extra time always came in useful because unlike most bookstores in the western hemisphere, this one felt the need to shelve the books — and I use that term loosely — spine-in, which while making for a strangely attractive yellow-shaded sculpture, was not very conducive to finding something interesting simply by looking for it. No, this book shop made you earn your keep, and if you wanted something in particular, by God you were gonna work for it, and that seemed to suit Jabba just fine. My typical M.O. was to simply knock an entire stack of books over in one fell swoop and scan the spines, which as you can guess did not endear me to Frau Hutt and I certainly received my share of "Make sure you pick them up when you're done" chastisements.

Anyway, after toppling an especially tall stack and marveling in the miniature avalanche, I spotted a cover that caught my eye. I mean how could it not? There was this girl on the cover, and she was completely covered in blood! She had a terrified look in her eyes and I was intrigued immediately. I flipped through some of the pages and liked what I read, so I checked the inside front cover for the price which was usually scribbled in pencil and most times indecipherable which caused you to approach the proprietor — carefully guarding your pancreas — to ask the price. I believe now that she scribbled so illegibly on purpose so that she could make the price up on the spot depending on how interested you looked in the particular title. If your eyes were wide and you were holding the book gently, the price would increase 50%. It didn't take me long to learn to toss the paperback at her with a mixture of disinterest and disdain on my face. I think that, and the fact that I was a little kid worked to my advantage; I mean how much cash could an eight-year-old have anyway? Especially one that dressed as poorly as I did and was interested in creepy horror novels? I tossed the book on the desk and shot her my best "What's the damage Jabba?" look. She took the book, looked at the cover, looked at me like I must have been defective for even being interested in this obvious piece of crap, opened the cover and announced the price was 75˘, thereby completing the circle of mutual disgust. Fortunately for me, 75˘ was well within my weekly budget for books so I flipped the three quarters on her desk and made a beeline for the door.

To say that I was taken with Carrie would be an understatement, I simply absorbed it. Every word, every page just flew by and I was hooked. I finished the book in two days and thought about which one of my mother's blouses I should ruin to ensure a return trip to Jabba's palace. In the close to 30!!! years since, I've read everything King has done, and while not a collector on par with some here, have managed to grab a few nice pieces here and there.

I think this post has probably run on for far too long at this point, so I'll close it by saying I'm happy to be here and I look forward to chatting with like-minded individuals. Thanks for having me!

I suppose I'll answer the questions too while I'm here... :)

This is a really long story, so I'll tackle it in a separate posting if that's ok?

Has to be Roland of Gilead. I feel like he's a member of my family at this point. Not so much a father figure, but more akin to the uncle who's slightly "warped" and tells off-color jokes at the family gatherings.

In the series or from King in general? For the series it's the first one by a mile. That's the one that trapped me, and the one I have so much history with. For King in general it's probably The Stand.

How old are you?

37 and I plan on staying here awhile. :)

Where are you from?

Frank Sinatra's birthplace.

do you have a nickname?

Some unprintable ones, sure. :) But you can all call me Ric.

Matt
12-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Great story Ric!

It's wonderful to meet you, welcome to the path of the beam. :clap:

turtlex
12-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow, Ric, way to jump in!

Welcome and I look forward to seeing you around the threads.

jayson
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Welcome Ric! :)
I lived in NJ for a very long time (ages 5-22).

alinda
12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Welcome Ric!
http://www.craftkitsandsupplies.com/images/Welcome_Sign.jpg

Letti
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
You know how to start and jump into the middle of the things, Ric. Welcome! :)

Welcome you all.

Jean
12-23-2008, 01:26 AM
welcome K.J.J.!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomehorse-1.jpg

welcome Ric!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WS531.jpg

K.J.J.
12-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Thankee sai for the welcome ^^
I've been poking around a fair bit these past few days at the topics (making sure not to venture into any spoilers (: ) and I can tell that this place is certainly the right home for me :D

alinda
12-23-2008, 05:09 AM
:D We all get that....wow this place is my home feeling everyday! ;)
You guys are gonna love it here!!! Its like reaching your very own tower.

jeffnumberone
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes. :rose:

Matt
12-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Great to meet you Jeff. :cowboy:

turtlex
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome Jeff !

Jon
12-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Welcome!

Beamer
12-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My mother's love for Stephen King wore off on me and I started reading the Series when I was in 7th grade...I believe...so that was some tine ago...

Who is your favorite charcter? I think it would have to be Roland, or Eddie...maybe Flagg

What is your favorite book? I like Gunslinger and The Dark Tower the beginning and end...

How old are you? 31

Where are you from? originally from Missouri, living in Japan right now

do you have a nickname? yeah...usually its a new one everyday....many variations of Dumb @$$

:dance:

read in the quote

Brice
12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome Jeff and Beamer. :)

Jean
12-26-2008, 01:39 AM
welcome Beamer!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

alinda
12-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Welcome Jeff & Beamer!!!!:rose::rose:

college_ewok
12-26-2008, 06:17 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? My brother and dad are huge fans and it got me interested.

I really like jake and oy.

the waste lands
How old are you?

Where are you from?
upper south carolina

do you have a nickname?
no not really

Brice
12-26-2008, 06:19 PM
It's great to have you here, Erin! :D

Arthur Heath
12-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Greetings Erin, long days pleasant reads.

child of ka
12-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Greetings all. My name is Aurelio, son of Luigi & Iolanda - pleasure to meet you all.

I just finished the last of the DT novels and decided to sign up to this forum to discuss the books with fellow fans. I dont usually get involved in alot of online forums, (although i read a fair few) so i think, for me atleast, it shows how great these books are that i would be eager enough to spend time online to discuss them :P

Below i'll answer the questions others have been answering, but by all means, feel free to ask me anythign else you like :)

Ive been a fan of the horror genre for a long time (ever since my elder sister had sleep overs with her friends and they would watch endless slasher/horror flicks that i would watch too). After upper school i started to read stephen king novels (hated reading during school, go figure) At the same time i had been reading/collecting comics for a few years.. when the gunslinger born was first anounced at marvel i did some poking around and started to read up about what the dark tower story was about more or less. This lead me to buying to novels, which in turn after completing them has lead me here :)

A very hard question - Roland, Walter and Oy. Though i probably took Eddie's death the hardest - weird how things work huh?

All are great, but if i had to choose it would be Wizard & the Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Born in Australia, but come from a big Italian family

do you have a nickname?

Depends who you ask ;) seriously though - i quite like my first name so i have never insisted anyone call me by a nickname

Thanks to all who maintain and participate on this website
Long days and pleasant nights to you all :rose:

college_ewok
12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
thank you arthur for the greeting how old is your baby I have a 3 and 5 yr old

Brice
12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Welcome, child of ka! :) It's good to have you join us.

Jon
12-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome all, and Happy Holidays!

Letti
12-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the site, child of ka! I love your name a lot.

child of ka
12-27-2008, 03:40 AM

you mean my real name or my forum name? eitherway - thankee :)

alinda
12-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Welcome child of ka, and college ewok, so glad you found us!!:rose:

Matt
12-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Same here, wonderful to meet you both. :clap:

droland
12-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Hile gunslingers. I figured that, since I am the new guy on the forum i should come in here and introduce myself before I actually sit down with you all and hold palaver, maybe share our Khef, if ye ken. So here's the questionnaire, and it's a good one, i say thankee sais.

My step-father had a copy of Wizard and Glass and I wanted to read it because I liked the cover and it seemed like a good story from what I could tell by reading the back. But he told me that there were three other books I had to read before I could. So I asked for them for Christmas and got my wish. I have been hooked ever since I finished reading "The Gunslinger".

Roland, of course. One of the things that really hooked me on the book was how much Roland and his personality reminded me of myself. That always fascinated me and I always felt like I was a part of the story when I was reading about Roland and his Ka-Tet.

Wizard and Glass. I love the story line and the way it builds up to the beautiful climax at the end. I love the action and how perfectly the young gunslinger's plan falls into place.

How old are you?
22. I was 16 when I began reading the series and was very angry when I realized that, not only was the fourth book not the last, but that he hadn't even finished writing them yet.

Where are you from?
El Paso Texas, but I currently live in Madison/Huntsville Alabama

do you have a nickname?
no.

Long days and pleasant nights all.

Jon
12-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi sir

alinda
12-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Hile droland, welcome to thedarktower.org :rose:

child of ka
12-28-2008, 01:13 AM
hile droland :)

Letti
12-28-2008, 01:45 AM

I meant your forum name but now I must find out your real name, too. :D

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Howdy droland, I must ask. What are the 3 books you had to read before starting the DT series?

BTW, I am from Lubbock, just down the Road.

Brice
12-28-2008, 03:41 AM

Aurelio

Welcome droland! :)

child of ka
12-28-2008, 05:38 AM

Aurelio

there you go! :)

Matt
12-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the site droland--well met on the path, so we are.

droland
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the site droland--well met on the path, so we are.

thankee sai.

Jean
12-29-2008, 02:06 AM
welcome college_ewok!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomebearheart.gif

welcome child of ka!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeBearBs.jpg

welcome droland!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon03.jpg

Jon
12-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Welcome all!

Redsoxtony13
12-29-2008, 07:11 AM
When I was in Fifth grade my Englih Teacher read Pet Sematary to the class and I was hooked. I read The Tommyknockers and did not care for it once I got about 1/3 of the way through... but read the entire book. I then read Cujo followed by The Stand which I loved and have read several times throughout my life. While reading The Stand a friend of my parents gave me The Gunslinger.... and my path towards The Dark Tower began. And what a long strange trip its been :)

Well when I first began the series I was 11 and Jake was my favorite... and even now as I sit here I can still think of how I wanted to be him and on Rolands great, and terrible, journey. So my answer is still Jake but followed very closely by Roland.

That is a tough one. My favorite in the Dark Tower Series Is The Wastelands with Wizard and Glass as a close second.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Massachusetts

do you have a nickname?
Tony Napkins the name is actually much more interesting than the story behind it haha

Matt
12-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey Tony N--welcome to the site.

alinda
12-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Welcome Tony ! :D

mate211
12-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I read the Talisman and i loved that, so I read the Black House and that have got connection with the Dark tower.I wanted to know what is the tower!:)
Who is ur favourite character?
hmmm i cant choose Flagg and Roland:):)( I love Csi too:D i mean Oy[in the hun version Oy's name is Csi :D])
The drawing of the three
How old are you?
Where are you from?
Hungary
do you have a nickname?
No,i havent got
P.S: Sorry for my bad english im now learning:D

Jon
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome Mate and Tony "The Napkins" Rossolini.

Tony, I hava joba for you! Havea some lasagna and sita down.

mate211
12-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Thx:D Long days and good nights:D
My real name is Máté:P

Jean
12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
welcome Redsoxtony13!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

welcome mate211!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-3.jpg

Matt
12-30-2008, 05:31 AM
Hey mate, welcome to the site. :clap:

Letti
12-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Thx:D Long days and good nights:D
My real name is Máté:P

Hi Máté!
Good to have another Hungarian on the board.
I think your English is quite good but if you spend a lot of time here it will improve. :)

idk, my bff jill?
12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome, Aurelio, droland, Tony, and Máté.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq317/JxChristie/0011.gif

Gris
12-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I've been over at the official SK message board for a while now, but a conversation with Karen today convinced me to stop by and say hello.

I'm a mid-30s fan with what I consider to be a decent collection of Stephen king works. I've been reading his books since I read Eyes of the Dragon in my early teens.

I've become obsessed recently. To the point were my 8month old son's name is Jacob Roland.

My favorite Stephen King book is The Long Walk, if if counts, and The Green Mile if not. As far as the Dark Tower series is concerned, I enjoyed Wasteland the best.

So Karen, that's for getting me over here, and everyone else, thanks for having me.

Nerak
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey Honey! Welcome!!

Knew you were coming here...now go shut off people's internet access to get me information! LOL

Karen

Gris
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I tried reading the Gunslinger when I was a kid and didn't get so far. I tried again about 5 years ago and didn't stop until I opened the door at the top of the tower.

Jake. Roland is 2nd. Named my son Jacob Roland. The Jacob part is not for Jake since his real name is John, but the Roland part is for Roland :D

Wasteland

How old are you?

Where are you from?
North East Pennsylvania

do you have a nickname?
I used Gris in MMORPGs from my younger days. It kind of stuck as my web presence name.

Matt
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Gris, really cool to meet you. Welcome to the site. :rock:

Matt
12-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey Gris, it's great to have you.

I believe if you are truly obsessed with all things Dark Tower--you have arrived among like minded folks. :lol:

Enjoy--we love this place.

Brice
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey Craig! It's great to have you here.

jayson
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome Craig. You are definitely among other Tower Junkies here.

sarah
12-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome welcome. :D

The Cosmic Geek
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone, just joined the site today and am looking forward to getting to know it and you.

Some background info, I've been a Stephen King fan since I was 12, I used to wear this red t-shirt with white lettering that said STEPHEN KING RULES (like the one the kid wore in The Monster Squad, only his letters were yellow). Still have the shirt to this day. Anyway, I'm 33 now and still love the King. My intro to the Dark Tower is kind of weird. About 15 years ago or so I had read through a good half of King's work when I got to the Gunslinger. I read it and really didn't enjoy it too much. A few years later I read the second book in the series, but only last so far into the intro of Eddie Dean. I stopped reading it then and figured one day I'd get back to it.

Years passed and while I still read King, I didn't touch the DT books. It was while reading Hearts in Atlantis that I first began to get interested in the series. The part where Ted says there was another Gunslinger, this made my heart leap, but not enough to start the series yet.

Flash foward to last year or so when the comics started coming out. I picked up the first few issues and read them, realized it was something special, then stopped reading them. I decided before I read the comcis further I would read all 7 books first. I continued, and still do, to buy the comics while I bought all 7 books, plus the two companion books out. Finally I felt ready to read the series and before I did read that in Everything's Eventual there was a short story, a prequel I guess, called Little Sisters of Eluria about Roland.

I read that, loved it, and was finally hooked. I read through book 1 right after, and tomorrow actually should be finishing up book 2 and starting 3 right after. I'm going to do a marathon read of all 7 one after the other.

So, I am finally here and loving it. I planned to join up here after I finished the series, but I didn't want to wait, this site seems great and everyone cool, so here I am!

Looking forward to making friends with you all!

The Cosmic Geek
12-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone, newbie here, just joined up. Wanted to say hi, I'm The Cosmic Geek, or if you like, Ian.

Matt
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey Ian, welcome to the site. We are very well meet along the path of the beam.

The Cosmic Geek
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Matt, I'm enjoying my stay here already! Thanks for the welcome!

Brice
12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Welcome Ian! :)

gsvec
12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the site, CG! I'm sure you'll love it here - just watch out for spoilers!

pookie
12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Greetings Cosmic Geek!

Brice
12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome Ian! Since you found the other introduction thread, I'm going to merge this thread with that one. :)

The Cosmic Geek
12-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes!

As far as spoilers, yeah, I will do my best to avoid them, stay out of any thread title that is for a book I haven't read yet, and just be cautious.

Brice
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM
We are pretty cautious about spoilers here I think. Generally, they are clearly marked.

kryza
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
i have always enjoyed comic books and i have enjoyed numerous movie adaptations of King's work. i came across "The Gunslinger Born" comic collection and after that i was hooked. i am currently reading "Wizard and Glass". i have to admit i am taking my time because i don't know what i would read when i'm finished...i'll probably read them again.

Jonas...i've always like the villains

the first book

How old are you?

Where are you from?

The South

idk, my bff jill?
12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey, Gris, Ian, and kryza.

Welcome to the site. :)

Hope you enjoy yourselves here.

Jean
12-31-2008, 01:30 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_welcoming.gif

Jean
12-31-2008, 01:46 AM
welcome Gris!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-1.gif

welcome The Cosmic Geek!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeMoon.gif

welcome kryza!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_cat_2.gif

turtlex
12-31-2008, 04:38 AM
Gris - Welcome! Dive right in, lots to do and see here.

Jacob Roland = :thumbsup: Nice !!

Gris
12-31-2008, 05:58 AM
dbl-posts suck, sorry

Gris
12-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome all

L-1011
12-31-2008, 07:55 AM
I've been a King fan since I read the Dead Zone in High School. One Day I picked up a copy of The Drawing of the Three and was hooked.

Eddie - gotta love the weisenheimer

I'd have to say The Drawing of the Three in the series. Overall I'd say 'IT'. 'IT' was the first book that actually scared me. I remember freaking out when I'd see a car filled with balloons driving down the street.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Colorado

do you have a nickname?
I'm sure I do, but I've not heard it said to my face.:)

Brice
12-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Welcome kryza and L-1011. :)

Matt
12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
I've been a King fan since I read the Dead Zone in High School. One Day I picked up a copy of The Drawing of the Three and was hooked.

Eddie - gotta love the weisenheimer

I'd have to say The Drawing of the Three in the series. Overall I'd say 'IT'. 'IT' was the first book that actually scared me. I remember freaking out when I'd see a car filled with balloons driving down the street.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Colorado

do you have a nickname?
I'm sure I do, but I've not heard it said to my face.:)

Welcome to the site! What part of Colorado are you from? We havea bunch here.

alinda
12-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the site Craig. It's good for all of us ,we're likely as obsessed
as any group of people ...well maybe a little more. In any case it's all good here.
Jump right on in and make your self at home. :)

L-1011
12-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Brice and Matt! I'm down in Littleton.

Matt
12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Nice!

My wife and I are over on the western slope.

Really glad you found the place.

L-1011
12-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Right on, Matt! Thanks again!

alinda
12-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome, man where have I been? There are so many new folk! Glad you found us!

L-1011, Gris, The Cosmic Geek, and kryza Welcome all!!:grouphug:

idk, my bff jill?
12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Welcome, L-1011. :thumbsup:

Brice
12-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Later today I'm going to merge this thread into the main introduction thread.

Hannah
12-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome, Craig! :)

Patrick19
12-31-2008, 09:45 AM
I had read IT early in high school, and found The Gunslinger at the bookstore. Devoured the next three and proceeded to pull my hair out until 5, 6 and 7 came out.

Eddie. Although Stephen was also a pretty fun 'character'.

Drawing of the Three, hands down.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Originally from Connecticut. Lived in Kansas for six years for school, and now live in Atlanta, Georgia.

do you have a nickname?
I've gone by regaldragon on other message boards.

Matt
12-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey Patrick, great to meet you.

So glad you found us. :clap:

William50
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Nice to meet ya Craig! :)

Patrick19
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm glad, too! I was a big fan of dt.net, and was disappointed when it vanished.
Just realized that there is someone with the screen name 'Patrick' on here. Whoops! I hope that it doesn't create a case of mistaken identities!

The Cosmic Geek
12-31-2008, 11:19 AM
I've been over at the official SK message board for a while now, but a conversation with Karen today convinced me to stop by and say hello.

I'm a mid-30s fan with what I consider to be a decent collection of Stephen king works. I've been reading his books since I read Eyes of the Dragon in my early teens.

I've become obsessed recently. To the point were my 8month old son's name is Jacob Roland.

My favorite Stephen King book is The Long Walk, if if counts, and The Green Mile if not. As far as the Dark Tower series is concerned, I enjoyed Wasteland the best.

So Karen, that's for getting me over here, and everyone else, thanks for having me.

Jacob Roland is a beautiful name.

William50
12-31-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree. :couple:

Matt
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
:lol:

Yeah, we're trying to do it bigger, better and funner.

And don't worry about the other Patrick, we recongize him easily by the shot and beer in his hand

alinda
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi Patrick welcome to the site. You'll see lots of faces from .net here
and many new ones. I am glad you are here, come on in :)

idk, my bff jill?
12-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Welcome aboard, Patrick. :couple:

Odetta
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM
welcome!!!

Sam
12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Howdy! Welcome sai, and Gan have mercy upon ye!

tikkuinen
01-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey hey!

I thought I should do a proper introduction... so I answered these simple questions and nothing more. :D

My sister asked me to borrow some Dark Tower books from the library, and I accidentally ended up reading Waste Lands. After that, I had to keep reading.

Cuthbert. My dream is to get a tattoo that would be somehow related to him or his life.

Tough choice, but I'll have to say Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Finland

Do you have a nickname?
Not really.

gsvec
01-01-2009, 07:46 AM
A huge welcome to all the new members I've missed! You're gonna LOVE it here!!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/kattofix/smilies/bunnyearsmiley.gif

Matt
01-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey tik--great to meet you. Welcome to the site.

idk, my bff jill?
01-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, welcome tik. :)

alinda
01-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Welcome tik our newest member and first in 2009
we hand out a prize for that or what? :wtf:

Blackthorn
01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I found drawing of three in a pile of books and read it. I was hooked and got the whole series as a christmas present on year.

Has to be Roland.

Wizard and Glass, The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
NY

do you have a nickname?Lots of them :)

Matt
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Hey Blackthorn, welcome to the site. :rock:

idk, my bff jill?
01-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, welcome, Blackthorn.

Cool avi you got there. :)

Patrick
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm glad, too! I was a big fan of dt.net, and was disappointed when it vanished.
Just realized that there is someone with the screen name 'Patrick' on here. Whoops! I hope that it doesn't create a case of mistaken identities!

Yeah, we're trying to do it bigger, better and funner.

And don't worry about the other Patrick, we recognize him easily by the shot and beer in his hand

Welcome, Patrick19! Glad to have you here. I think I remember you from .net. Was your screenname the same there as it is here?

Welcome also to Craig and all the other new members of TDT.com.

- Patrick

Jon
01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Welcome All!

And welcome to Gunkslinger too! I don't think Mike has posted here.

Jean
01-03-2009, 12:44 AM
welcome L-1011!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeBear01.gif

welcome Patrick19!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_bear_1.gif

welcome tikkuinen!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_1.gif

welcome Blackthorn!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEblackcat.gif

Nightfall
01-03-2009, 01:33 PM
I was looking for new reading material, so one day I was digging through a bunch of books my brother had left behind when he moved to Florida. I ended up finding Wolves of the Calla and said "Hey.. Stephen Kings a good author and this looks like a neato book, I think I'll get the first three." I then devoured all seven of the books

Either Jake, Cuthbert, or Roland, I've always been torn between the three

Once again a show of my indecision, either The Gunslinger, Wizard and Glass, or Wolves of the Calla >_<

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Rockford, IL

do you have a nickname?
IRL: A lot of my friends call me by my middle name (Ryan) but I don't think I have an -Official- nickname
Online: Many, Nightfall528 namely since thats my user name for most of the sites I'm on

Brice
01-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome, nightfall! :)

alinda
01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome nightfall

Jean
01-04-2009, 01:16 AM
welcome Nightfall!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome2-2.jpg

Matt
01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I was looking for new reading material, so one day I was digging through a bunch of books my brother had left behind when he moved to Florida. I ended up finding Wolves of the Calla and said "Hey.. Stephen Kings a good author and this looks like a neato book, I think I'll get the first three." I then devoured all seven of the books

Either Jake, Cuthbert, or Roland, I've always been torn between the three

Once again a show of my indecision, either The Gunslinger, Wizard and Glass, or Wolves of the Calla >_<

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Rockford, IL

do you have a nickname?
IRL: A lot of my friends call me by my middle name (Ryan) but I don't think I have an -Official- nickname
Online: Many, Nightfall528 namely since thats my user name for most of the sites I'm on

Welcome to the site nightfall. Great to meet you. :thumbsup:

Patrick19
01-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome, Patrick19! Glad to have you here. I think I remember you from .net. Was your screenname the same there as it is here?

- Patrick

I honestly cannot remember my name from the .net boards. But I know for a fact that it wasn't Patrick19 - that's a new name. It may have been PDRoland1125 or maybe RegalDragon. I didn't post a whole lot back then. But looks like there are some great discussions here, so you'll probably be hearing more from me :)

Jon
01-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Welcome!

razz
01-05-2009, 04:59 AM
hope to hear from you
it's just a big party here
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/dancing-banana.gifhttp://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/dancing-banana.gifhttp://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/dancing-banana.gifhttp://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/dancing-banana.gifhttp://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/dancing-banana.gif

turtlex
01-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Welcome New Friends !

rfkon
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
i found the gunslinger in a used book store and bought it.

Eddie or Roland

tDotT

How old are you?

Where are you from?
toronto ontario

do you have a nickname?
i was randall flagg king of nowhere (on the darktower.net)

fernandito
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey rfkon, I remember you from .net

Welcome aboard ! :D

rfkon
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
lol thanks its great to find the gang again. :)

Matt
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey, welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us too. :rock:

choate_paul
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I have been a fan of Stephen King since I was about 11, I have read most everything he has written except the dark tower. I just started reading them this year.

All of them as a whole.

Wizard and glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Readhimer Louisiana.

do you have a nickname?
Luap to my friends.

Jon
01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Welcome!

Blackthorn
01-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah, welcome, Blackthorn.

Cool avi you got there. :)

Thank you :)

Hey going through the latest posts I confirmed that I might be insane but not about there being a .net. I was a lurker for a long time under the name Bob of Eld. What exactly happened to the old site and forum??

ManOfWesternesse
01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Welcome to all newcomers.

....Hey going through the latest posts I confirmed that I might be insane but not about there being a .net. I was a lurker for a long time under the name Bob of Eld. What exactly happened to the old site and forum??
We woke up one morning to find it had gone todash Blackthorn, and it ain't been seen since.

Jean
01-06-2009, 01:51 AM
welcome rfkon!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-713685.jpg

welcome choate_paul!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome01.jpg

alinda
01-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Welcome Patrick 19, rfkon, and choate_paul , so nice to meet you all.
:grouphug:

SigTauGimp
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Welcome!

Blackthorn
01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Welcome to all newcomers.

....Hey going through the latest posts I confirmed that I might be insane but not about there being a .net. I was a lurker for a long time under the name Bob of Eld. What exactly happened to the old site and forum??
We woke up one morning to find it had gone todash Blackthorn, and it ain't been seen since.
WoW. No explanations or anything?

Jon
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
[quote=idk, my bff jill?;313071] What exactly happened to the old site and forum??

Apathy, by the Admins.

Patrick
01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Welcome, all of you!

Letti
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Welcome new DT junkies. Welcome home.

cesupro
01-07-2009, 10:38 AM

I had a boss who was finishing up DT VII and really recommend that I read the series. Like other mentioned, I read the Gunslinger...slowly, and thought it was interesting. But, the second Roland "entered" Eddie, I was hooked. (And, also, like others, I know see the charm in The Gunslinger and Love it for what it is). So, I was late to the DT party, only starting a couple of years ago now. (I have finished, and am re-reading now though).

Gotta be Roland. But, I might be in love with Susan...

Wizard and Glass. Can't be beat.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

southern cal. Los Angeles right now... orange county most of the time.

do you have a nickname?

nope.

turtlex
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Hello! And welcome !

Matt
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey cesupro. Great to meet you along the path of the beam.

Hope you like the place :rock:

alinda
01-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Welcome cespuro.

http://www.cabinfevergifts.com/images/bear5.jpg

Jean
01-08-2009, 02:01 AM
welcome cesupro!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome.jpg

Hylyirio
01-08-2009, 02:22 AM
I was looking for an english site about stephen king...
And I saw this one on google

My two favouriste characters are Annie Wilkes, and Charlie...
The first one because of her mad mind, ans the second one because of her evolution...

My favorite book is actually "bazaar" (needful things) ... I don't know why, but it's always pleasant for me to read it again.

How old are you?
I'm 28.

Where are you from?
I'm from Belgium.
My first language is French, so my english is not so perfect, but I'll try to improve it... :)

:rose:

ManOfWesternesse
01-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Welcome Hylyirio.

alinda
01-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Welcome Hylyirio!
http://www.dreamshomedecor.com/shop/images/35293.lg.jpg

Hylyirio
01-08-2009, 05:47 AM
thanks ;)

alinda
01-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Any time , jump right in and enjoy the site. After 5 posts you get some added benifits.
There are so many....I am glad you found us! :D:rose:

Jon
01-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Welcome to you both!

Jean
01-09-2009, 02:15 AM
welcome Hylyirio!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome1.gif

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Hello new folks, pull up a chair.
Smoke em if you got em.
Lets palaver.

Night501
01-10-2009, 10:04 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?My mother recomended "The Gunslinger" to me and I was hooked.

Who is your favorite charcter?Roland. That guy is a pimp

What is your favorite book? "Wizard and Glass"

How old are you?25

Where are you from?California at the moment but originally from Ohio

francorj
01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
- The books, tru the series "Storm of the Century", when I started to look up info about Legion.
The site, I was looking for the "Roadmap for The Dark Tower" which used to be in the darktower.net site a while ago, to see the connections between all the SK books... haven't found it yet... Anyone has it, btw?!

- I like Eddie a lot! But Roland is still number one!

- I read the first five and Salem's Lot. I think Wolves of Calla is my preferred so far. And the most recent...

How old are you?

Where are you from?
- Sao Paulo, Brazil

Do you have a nickname?
- My friends call me Rick

I'm glad to be on board. :excited:

Cheers,

Rick @ Brazil

Jon
01-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Welcome Fran and 501!

The King of Kings
01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
What's up folks, glad to be here!

I was looking for a new book to read and my friend kept begging me to read The Gunslinger and I finally caved in.

Roland and Oy. I also liked Cuthbert.

Dark Tower books? I love them all for different reasons. Gunslinger for it's ruthlessness, Wolves of Calla for the action, Drawing of Three for the visuals, Wizard and Glass for the back love story, etc.
How old are you?

Where are you from?
North Carolina

Fiction or Non-Fiction
I've read more non-fiction, but I love them both equally.

What got you into reading? (fiction)
I've only read 3 fiction books (well, more then that but I'm counting the series as 2).
Harry Potter series got me into reading. Then the next fiction I read was Cell. Then I got into Dark Tower series.

alinda
01-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Welcome Francori,

Welcome King o K

Welcome night 501

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jon
01-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Welcome Linda

alinda
01-11-2009, 08:06 AM

Matt
01-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Great to see all of our new members. :clap:

Welcome to the community.

SigTauGimp
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Welcome new folks! Enjoy!

Jaztastic
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Jasmine, and I'm currently on Wizard & Glass.

I read Hearts In Atlantis and researched further into the whole "low men in yellow coats" thing because that story fascinated me. I found out it was a reference to this series, so when I got the opportunity I picked up The Gunslinger.

Roland, but isn't he everyone's? =P

So far it's The Wastelands, but I have a feeling it will be whichever one that mentions Ted Brauttigan again.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Pennsylvania

do you have a nickname?
Jaz

alinda
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Welcome Jaz !

Matt
01-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey Jaz, welcome to the board. :rock:

Jean
01-12-2009, 08:12 AM
welcome Night501!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WELCOMEhorse.gif

welcome francorj!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomelp_1.gif

welcome The King of Kings!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/WelcomeMoon.gif

welcome Jaztastic!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomeWolf.jpg

Jon
01-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Welcome folks!

Stick around!

SigTauGimp
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome new folks!

r7an
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Just registered :)

I read 'the gunslinger' when I was 13, and read it again and again, I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was a one off for years until I read up on it online.

Bought the 2nd book 2 months ago and haven't looked back.

Up to the 4th book (Wizard and the Glass) just now, and have to say, isn't Susan Delgado one of the best King characters ever created? She's just so believable. I think every person that has read this novel has felt their heart sink for Susan.

Anyway enough of my rabble, good to be here.

PS. Remember I'm only on book 4, don't ruin this! :ninja:

William50
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the site! And nice to meet you. Im William :)

Merlin1958
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Just registered :)

I read 'the gunslinger' when I was 13, and read it again and again, I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was a one off for years until I read up on it online.

Bought the 2nd book 2 months ago and haven't looked back.

Up to the 4th book (Wizard and the Glass) just now, and have to say, isn't Susan Delgado one of the best King characters ever created? She's just so believable. I think every person that has read this novel has felt their heart sink for Susan.

Anyway enough of my rabble, good to be here.

PS. Remember I'm only on book 4, don't ruin this! :ninja:

For good, bad or "in the middle" you are most definitively" in for the ride of your life from hereon out. Enjoy it, as we all did and please register your reactions here!!

It will definitely be the "strangest" and most "beautiful" read you enjoy for quite a while!!

Good Luck!!8)

Hannah
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi r7an! Welcome to the site. Feel free to introduce yourself in our introduction thread. Also, just as an fyi, until you get five posts you won't be able to use certain features on the site, like the arcade and the PM system. So post your heart out. :D

I'm going to leave this up until tomorrow, and then I'm going to go ahead and merge this with our welcome thread.

Patrick
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome r7an! Like Hannah said, keep posting, a few more and your abilities on the site will increase. Enjoy the rest of the series!

Daghain
01-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Welcome! Watch out for spoilers until you finish the series, and congratulations on your first journey to the Tower!

Let us know if you need any help navigating the site!

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone, I'm James. Everyone calls me Jim, so go for it I guess. I decided to join here because I needed some other tower junkies to talk to. I'm from Jax FL. I love the series, although I'm only 3 books in. My favorite book (non tower) would have to be The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

Anywho it's nice to be here, and I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Brice
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome Jim! It's good to have you here. :)

Daghain
01-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Ooh, lots of first-timers in here! Enjoy your first ride, it's the best!

Let us know if you need help navigating the site, and watch out for spoilers!

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys, it's nice to be welcome here. Although I should say I needn't worry about spoilers, even though I've only read up till the end of Wastelands I sadly already know the way the tale ends, it seems My sluething skills were rather on par when I started reading the series. Although I am still getting used to how the site is put together. lol.

Daghain
01-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Trust me, until you read it for yourself, you have NO IDEA. :D

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Haha, aside from the details leading up to the end, I know what happens. I don't know the way the tracks get me there, but I know what the destination, (or should I say departure) is. lol. It all came to me when I read about the stop lights in Lud. Then the guy that introduced me to the series confirmed it. Who happens to be the Marten of My life. If I was Rolands father, that is. lol.

MonteGss
01-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I'd say keep reading buddy! Enjoy the site, welcome! :D

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh I plan on it. I look at it this way, the begining and the ending are the bread of the story, and the middle is all the good stuff, I thoroughly plan on enjoying the best part of the sammich. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Brice
01-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Even if you know the absolute end there is much to learn along the way. :) Enjoy!

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Indeed. I hope to have many more memories with My friends in midworld before I put the book down so to speak. I already have a couple that'll stay with me till the end of My journey.

Brice
01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
...and long beyond the end, my friend. :thumbsup:

DirtyJim
01-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I certainly hope so.

Anywho, I'm retiring for the night, thanks to everyone I met so far, and those I'll meet in the future. As for now, this gunslinger is weary of this world, so he's going to cross over into another one. For about eight hours or so. lol.

Night all.

Brice
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Goodnight! :)

Jon
01-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Welcome!

T.A.M
01-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Hi! I'm T.A.M. I started reading the Dark Tower series some time last year and I was completly hooked on the first page. All I need to do is find and read the last book and I'm ready to start rereading! My favourite character is Roland:drool: and my second favourite is... Never mind, I love all of them. I'm 15 and I live on the Central Coast, Australia. I joined this site because I can't find the last book at my friendly neighberhood library and I need a regular Dark Tower fix. Also everyone I know gives me odd looks whenever I go on about Roland and his katet...

alinda
01-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Welcome Jim and TAM, You are so going to love it here. I believe you've found home.

Jean
01-14-2009, 05:14 AM
welcome DirtyJim!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/15410AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

welcome T.A.M!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome-2.jpg

The Cosmic Geek
01-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Welcome guys! I joined here about a week or two ago and I have to say not only is it a great place to post and hang out, but everyone here is really nice and friendly. I really enjoy chatting with them all and already feel like they are friends.

I hope you guys enjoy it here as much as I do!

idk, my bff jill?
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Welcome, Jim and T.A.M.
Hope you enjoy yourselves here. :)

HellBeast
01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey there guys. I'm HellBeast. I'm 19 years old, I live in Stirling in Scotland and I view myself as British. I stumbled across the Dark Tower when Wolves of the Calla was released, and I've been hooked ever since. My favourite character is Eddie, then probably Roland. I joined this site because I love chatting about the Dark Tower, and at first sight it appears that this a plae I can do that :P so yeah, here I am lol.

idk, my bff jill?
01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Welcome aboard, man. :)

Jean
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
welcome HellBeast!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome20bear.jpg

Matt
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the site Hellbeast. I'm glad you found us.

Cosmic Geek: Glad you are having a great time.

The Cosmic Geek
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome, Hellbeast.

Matt, thanks, this really is a great site! I'm having a great time.

CedRhetorick
01-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Folks,

Well, I just turned the final page of the Dark Tower.

I had not consulted Google, not searched for one site, not allowed for a single detail to be spoiled (well, maybe one). The finally was mine to experience. During my adventure, I wasn't in contact with anyone elese who had read the series. Now that it's done, I'm dying for some Talk of the Tower.

The ending left me with a myriad of questions and considerations. Where would I post questions without worrying about spoiling it for others? :orely:

On a side note; I has no idea that Kings books were so inerconnected. I immediatly saw the Flagg connection in the books. Once I scanned some of the fan sites, the easter eggs that King leaves for the Constant Reader is a testament to his Genius, so it is. There are tons of them. Amazing.

I am 33 years old as of yesterday and I am from Massachusetts, USA.

Opensoul
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
May we be well met . I have created a Ka-tet of readers on the path of the beam in my when of December 2008 . I quest as the rest of you have for the Dark tower and mahap the clearing at the end of my path as well , it is Ka to tell . I am currently reading the " Song of Susannah" . Hile , Opensoul.

T.A.M
01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Thankyou to everyone for welcoming me with open arms! :grouphug:

SigTauGimp
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Welcome, new folken! Be sure to look around...there's something for everyone here! :grouphug:

Jean
01-15-2009, 02:30 AM
welcome CedRhetorick!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon.gif

welcome Opensoul!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcome_dragon01.gif

CaptainTrips
01-15-2009, 04:10 AM
Hello everyone,my name is Brad and I'm from Russellville, Alabama. I'm 38 years old and married father of three.I've always loved Stephen King,especially what I've read of The Dark Tower series(I've only read the first four books so far) and also The Stand.

Jean
01-15-2009, 07:53 AM
welcome CaptainTrips, Father of Three!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/welcomewithbears.gif

turtlex
01-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome New Friends !

Matt
01-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi Folks,

I had not consulted Google, not searched for one site, not allowed for a single detail to be spoiled (well, maybe one). The finally was mine to experience. During my adventure, I wasn't in contact with anyone elese who had read the series. Now that it's done, I'm dying for some Talk of the Tower.

The ending left me with a myriad of questions and considerations. Where would I post questions without worrying about spoiling it for others? :orely:

On a side note; I has no idea that Kings books were so inerconnected. I immediatly saw the Flagg connection in the books. Once I scanned some of the fan sites, the easter eggs that King leaves for the Constant Reader is a testament to his Genius, so it is. There are tons of them. Amazing.

May we be well met . I have created a Ka-tet of readers on the path of the beam in my when of December 2008 . I quest as the rest of you have for the Dark tower and mahap the clearing at the end of my path as well , it is Ka to tell . I am currently reading the " Song of Susannah" . Hile , Opensoul.

Hello everyone,my name is Brad and I'm from Russellville, Alabama. I'm 38 years old and married father of three.I've always loved Stephen King,especially what I've read of The Dark Tower series(I've only read the first four books so far) and also The Stand.

Welcome to each of you. It's great to have you as a member of our community. :rock:

alinda
01-15-2009, 08:34 AM
:rock: Wow look at all the new happy smiling faces, welcome everyone to the site, I am so happy to meet you all. :D

Tenegra
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I was on a forum which I regularly frequent and they recommended it. I am nearly finished with the final book *sniff*

Roland the tortured soul or Stanley / Sheemie Ruiz

Wizard and Glass closely followed by Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
I am 23 years old

Where are you from?
I am from Colchester, Essex, England

do you have a nickname?
Just call me adam... or Danny. either one works on forums but Adam more

Well I am here and in love with the books. A n awesome series and now I can talk I am looking forward to chatting with you guys

Letti
01-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Welcome Tenegra! :rose:

Hannah
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi Folks,

Welcome, CedRhetorick! For more discussion on the series, go to the main forum index page, scroll down to MidWorld and look around. There's a ton of stuff in there, and each forum is marked as a spoiler forum, so everyone going in there knows there could be spoilers.

Jean
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
welcome Tenegra!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/Welcome2.gif

Matt
01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I was on a forum which I regularly frequent and they recommended it. I am nearly finished with the final book *sniff*

Roland the tortured soul or Stanley / Sheemie Ruiz

Wizard and Glass closely followed by Wolves of Calla

How old are you?
I am 23 years old

Where are you from?
I am from Colchester, Essex, England

do you have a nickname?
Just call me adam... or Danny. either one works on forums but Adam more

Well I am here and in love with the books. A n awesome series and now I can talk I am looking forward to chatting with you guys

Great to meet you Tenegra, welcome to the site. :rock:

easilyamused
01-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Was given a copy of wizard and glass when it was first released and fell in love with the story, from there went out and bought the first 3 books.

Roland hands down, after reading about his adventures in Mejis I felt that this was the best insight into a character that King had ever acheived.

Wizards and Glass from the series, in general....... who knows, there are so many great books out there!!!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Cardiff, UK

Hannah
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the site, easilyamused!

It seems like a lot of people got into the series from first reading W&G. I wonder why that is.

If you have any questions about the site please feel free to post them here!

Nanidesuka
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
My buddy had a box fulla Stephen King books, and i happened to pick up a few, among them were The Cycle of the Werewolf, The Dark Half, and The Gunslinger. ^^

Roland~ he's everywhere, really.... >.>' ever notice that?

I can't choose just one....it'd probably be The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass

How old are you?
(it's one of those useless things you notice once you've read about 19. That 16 is 19 with an inverted 9...)

Where are you from?
Colorado, US~

do you have a nickname?
Friends call me Sou-kun. ^^

I'm glad i found this place, none of my friends understands what the hell my obsession is with the Dark Tower... ^^"

Hannah
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the site, Nanidsuka! I'm in Colorado too. It's always cool to have another Coloradan around here. :D

Nanidesuka
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the site, Nanidsuka! I'm in Colorado too. It's always cool to have another Coloradan around here. :D

^^ thankee~

Great to know someone from the area~!

Matt
01-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Same here

Great to meet you both, welcome to the site.