PDA

View Full Version : John Cullum

droland
12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
John Cullum helps Roland and Eddie a great deal in SoS. The name sounded familiar when I first heard it and after thinking for a few minutes I finally placed it. The Stand. Cullum has the same last name as a very extremely important character in this book (M-O-O-N, that spells coincidence). I don't have the stand anymore (i donated most of my books to my high school library after i graduated, before leaving El Paso) but I'm pretty sure Mr. Moon's name was Tom Cullum. I wonder if there is any sort of connection there... possibly a relationship between the two? Discuss if it does ya, and please remember that, although I've finished the series once before, I remember almost nothing that happens in the last two books (except my disappointment with the ending of course) so please refrain from spoilers in your post. Also, if it does ya, i posted what my idea was about what would be at the top of the tower in "what did you think Roland would find in the tower?" Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and my brain is just babling aimlessly but I think there may be another connection here.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
The Stand character that you are thinking about is Tom Cullen.

droland
12-29-2008, 08:31 PM
The Stand character that you are thinking about is Tom Cullen.

ah, yes, yes. i cry your pardon. i remember now. thankee sai. i've forgotten the face of my father. would have been interesting though eh?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Could possibly be Tom Cullen's twinner mayhap.

droland
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Could possibly be Tom Cullen's twinner mayhap.

indeed, he is a little like cullen, just a good bit more trig. surly a symbol of the white, as cullen was.