PDA

View Full Version : Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

e_taylor
09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
It looks as though I will not be able to keep up with one of the publishers I collect, and seeing as its still early in their life I figured I'd offer this up here.

Arcane Wisdom which is an imprint of Bloodletting Press publishes both classic weird fiction (think Arkham House) and new books that fit the same mold. They plan on publishing 3-4 titles a year in editions of 150 S/L and 13 Deluxe Leather "Order of the Dagon" editions that are roman numeraled.

What I'm offering is number XIII of XIII of the deluxe editions. Each book is quarter bound in leather with marbeled boards. Signed by authors (if living) or otherwise contributors and the publisher. Retail on these books is $195 and the publisher plans to maintain this price point in the future.

Each book also comes with a document describing the special 13 books and signed by the publisher with the number and owner's name. I will transfer everything over to anyone that is interested, but the first two books will have my name on the documentation.

So far there are two books:

The Great God Pan and Other Stories by Arthur Machen

&

Ourboros by Carol Weekes and Michael Kelley

The next title will be Moonchild by Alesiter Crowley.

If any of you collectors are interested in having a matching deluxe set from this publisher going forward, let me know.

Price is only their retail + minimal shipping. $400 shipped.

Let me know!

Dolan
09-08-2010, 03:48 AM
I've recently made a few double purchases lately in my Joe Hill Department, so if anyone is in the market for a slipcased or traycased Horns, I have them for sale.

Slipcase #322
Traycase #121

Also 2 other gems I am potentially looking to sell as well (open to offers)

1. Firestarter S/L #723. Signed by King on limitation page (of course) and signed again by King and Whelan on the title page)
2. 1st/st The Shining inscribed For Jerry on 10/13/1979 (very good condition, there is remainder pray to the bottom block of pages).

Of course I can send photos detailing all condition 8)

WeDealInLead
09-09-2010, 08:23 AM
PM'd.

disel24
09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Neil Gaiman Anansi Boys Signed (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220674572376&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1154)

If you buy it now and tell me you're part of the site I'll give ya free shipping!

e_taylor
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
It looks as though I will not be able to keep up with one of the publishers I collect, and seeing as its still early in their life I figured I'd offer this up here.

Arcane Wisdom which is an imprint of Bloodletting Press publishes both classic weird fiction (think Arkham House) and new books that fit the same mold. They plan on publishing 3-4 titles a year in editions of 150 S/L and 13 Deluxe Leather "Order of the Dagon" editions that are roman numeraled.

What I'm offering is number XIII of XIII of the deluxe editions. Each book is quarter bound in leather with marbeled boards. Signed by authors (if living) or otherwise contributors and the publisher. Retail on these books is $195 and the publisher plans to maintain this price point in the future.

Each book also comes with a document describing the special 13 books and signed by the publisher with the number and owner's name. I will transfer everything over to anyone that is interested, but the first two books will have my name on the documentation.

So far there are two books:

The Great God Pan and Other Stories by Arthur Machen

&

Ourboros by Carol Weekes and Michael Kelley

The next title will be Moonchild by Alesiter Crowley.

If any of you collectors are interested in having a matching deluxe set from this publisher going forward, let me know.

Price is only their retail + minimal shipping. $400 shipped.

Let me know!

Bump for this, Moonchild is soon to be out so I'm hoping to close a deal on these ASAP.

Any of our "super collectors" interested?

tippy4
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I have a S/L of SoD V2 on the way to me now that I am selling.

$395 plus shipping.

Shipping within the US only.

PM me if interested.

e_taylor
10-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Some non-King books available.

Anyone interested in any of the following?

Gary Braunbeck - Destinations Unknown - Cemetery Dance S/L - F/F
Gary Raisor - Sinister Purposes - Cemetery Dance S/L - F/F
Al Sarrantonio - Hornets and Others - Cemetery Dance S/L - F/F
British Invasion - Cemetery Dance S/L - F/F

Tim Waggoner - Broken Shadows - Delirium S/L (PC copy) - F

Carl Jacobi - Disclosures in Scarlet - Arkham House 1st - NF/NF
MP Shiel - Xelucha - Arkham House 1st - NF/NF

John Maclay - Dreadful Delineations - Delirium TPB - F
Gahan Wilson - The Cleft and Other Odd Tales - Tor TPB - NF
Neil Gaiman - Fragile Things TPB - F
Brian Keene - Rising Selected Scenes - Delirium TPB - F
Philip Nutman - Cities of Night - Chizine TPB - NF
Douglas Smith - Chimeriscope - Chizine TPB - NF
Robert Boyczuk - Horror Story and Other Horror Stories - Chizine TPB - F
Paul Tremblay - In the Mean Time - Chizine TPB - F
Craig Davidson (Patrick Lestewka) - Rust and Bone - Penguin ARC - F (short stories)
Paul Melniczek - Monsters - Dark Regions Press - signed TPB - F
Jeffery Thomas - Thirteen Specimens - Delirium TPB - F

WeDealInLead
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Interested in British Invasion if the price is right. I'm very busy this week but I'm sure we could both find a time to meet for a couple of minutes if we can work out a deal.

You don't happen to have Sideshow by William Ollie for sale, do you?

jhanic
10-25-2010, 03:35 AM
I have an extra proof of the upcoming Riding the Bullet from CD. I've heard there were about 25 of these issued. Price is $400. It's in mint condition--still in the bubble packing that it came in. Paypal is preferred.

PM me if interested.

John

Randall Flagg
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
The Secretary of Dreams Volume One S/L, for sale, or will trade for a SOD Volume Two S/L.

e_taylor
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Updated list with prices (which are negotiable).

Cemetery Dance Publications
Gary Braunbeck - Destinations Unknown - S/L – Fine/Fine - $15
Gary Raisor - Sinister Purposes - S/L - Fine/Fine - $15
Al Sarrantonio - Hornets and Others - S/L - Fine/Fine - $20

Delirium Books
Brian Keene - Rising Selected Scenes - TPB – Fine - $6
John Maclay - Dreadful Delineations - TPB – Fine - $6
Mark McLaughlin – Pickman’s Motel – HC chap – Fine - $12
Jeffery Thomas - Thirteen Specimens - TPB – Fine - $6
Tim Waggoner - Broken Shadows - S/L (PC copy) – Fine - $25

Arkham House
Carl Jacobi - Disclosures in Scarlet – HC 1st – Near Fine/Near Fine - $15
MP Shiel - Xelucha – HC 1st – Near Fine/Near Fine - $15
BOTH FOR $25

Chizine
Robert Boyczuk - Horror Story and Other Horror Stories - TPB – Fine - $6
Philip Nutman - Cities of Night - TPB – Near Fine - $6
Douglas Smith - Chimeriscope - TPB – Fine - $6
Paul Tremblay - In the Mean Time - TPB – Fine - $6
ALL FOUR FOR $20

Dark Regions Press
Allyson Bird - Wine and Rank Poison - TPB – Fine - $6
Paul Melniczek - Monsters - signed TPB – Fine - $7
Harry Shannon - Host of Shadows - S/L - Fine/Fine - $40
David B. Silva - Shadow of Kingston Mills - S/L - Fine/Fine - $30

Others
Craig Davidson (Patrick Lestewka) - Rust and Bone - Penguin ARC – Fine - $25
Brian Keene - Stone Tears - Morning Star/Arcane Wisdom Chap – Fine – on eBay now

Randall Flagg
10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I screwed up and ha d a typo in my listing.
New listing-SOD Volume One S/L (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200536499349&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT)

Dr. Dawg
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
I have had some unexpected expenses come up, and so I need to sell a few books! All prices include shipping and insurance. Just let me know if you want any more information or pictures.

Stephen King

Drawing of the Three, Grant 1st edition NF/F - $55
The Waste Lands, Grant 1st edition NF/F- $55
Colorado Kid S/L (Potter version, #117) - $310
A Life in the Cinema S/L (signed by King, w/ slipcase, #40/450) - $130
Secretary of Dreams, S/L Matching set, Vol. 1 and 2 #271- $795

Joe Hill

Locke & Key Welcome to Lovecraft S/L #133/250 - $315
Horns 1st/1st, signed NF+/F - $45

Non-King

Duel and the Distributor by Richard Matheson, Gauntlet S/L (signed by Matheson, 1 of 500, the number is missing). Includes slipcase as well as Pride S/L (signed by Richard Matheson and Richard Christian Matheson, 1 of 1000).
-- Duel is the story that inspired “Throttle” by Stephen King and Joe Hill in He is Legend. $75

Thanks!
Zack

ELazansky
10-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I have had some unexpected expenses come up, and so I need to sell a few books! All prices include shipping and insurance. Just let me know if you want any more information or pictures.

Stephen King

Joe Hill

Non-King

Duel and the Distributor by Richard Matheson, Gauntlet S/L (signed by Matheson, 1 of 500, the number is missing). Includes slipcase as well as Pride S/L (signed by Richard Matheson and Richard Christian Matheson, 1 of 1000).
-- Duel is the story that inspired “Throttle” by Stephen King and Joe Hill in He is Legend. $75

Thanks!
Zack

PM Sent!

tippy4
10-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I just listed a few S/Ls on ebay.

Click my ebay link.

Also.....

The Little Sisters of Eluria Signed Limited Edition Very Fine Condition $395 plus shipping.
Desperation Signed Limited Edition (gouge in slipcase) $265 plus shipping.
Quietly Now Signed Limited Edition Very Fine Condition $140 plus shipping.
The Waste Lands Grant 1st Edition Good Condition $35 plus shipping

Patrick
11-01-2010, 03:20 AM
I just listed a few S/Ls on ebay.

Click my ebay link.

Also.....

The Little Sisters of Eluria Signed Limited Edition Very Fine Condition $395 plus shipping.
Desperation Signed Limited Edition (gouge in slipcase) $265 plus shipping.
Quietly Now Signed Limited Edition Very Fine Condition $140 plus shipping.
The Waste Lands Grant 1st Edition Good Condition $35 plus shipping
tippy, you have a typo.

In your LSOE eBay listing subtitle:
"Signed Limited Deluxe Edition Dnoald Grant"

tippy4
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks Patrick....fixed it!

tippy4
11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Giving this a bump....my auctions end shortly.

Dr. Dawg
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM

Stephen King

Joe Hill

Non-King

Thanks!
Zack

I just wanted to give this a bump before listing these items on e-bay within the next couple of day. Prices are negotiable!

Zack

Dr. Dawg
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
In case anyone is interested, I just listed some of these items on e-bay.

<--I also figured out the e-bay link thing... very cool!

dyetye
11-04-2010, 06:09 AM
I'd love the two Grant Dark Tower 2 and 3 books, but I just can't spring the money at this time...:(

1955spartan
11-07-2010, 07:18 AM
im liquidating my book collection. mostly stephen king but many others as well. see my listings on ebay under 1955spartan_2008.

Merlin1958
11-07-2010, 07:42 AM
You should post some pics here. I've seen some of his collection and it's huge!!! Recently bought Salem's Lot 2nd state from him and was very, very pleased!!!

king-collection
11-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey People,

because of some private decisions, i have to liquidate my collection with a heavy heart :-(

Here is a List of my american Books:
DArk Tower: The Gunslinger 1st Edition incl. Slipcase
DArk Tower: The Gunslinger 1st Edition
Dark Tower: Drawing of the Tree - signed and limited No. 685
Dark Tower: Waste Lands - signed and limited No. 894
Dark Tower: Wizard and Glas - signed and limited No. 808
Dark Tower 5-7 incl. Sisters of Eluria matching Set No. 788 all still shrink wrapped
Dark Tower: Road to the Dark Tower - signed and limited No. 289
Dark Tower: Waste Lands Portfolio - signed and limited No. 271
Black House - signed and Limited No. 1115
Stephen King Universe - signed and lettered, Letter KK incl. portfolio
Desperation - signed and limited No. 101
Green Mile - signed and limted No. 47
Cujo - signed and limited No. 118
Insomnia - sigend and limited No. 518
Regulators - signed and limited No. 112
Lisey's Story - Gift Edition with slipcase still shrink wrapped
Lisey's Story - engl. 1st Edition incl. . ticket and newspaper for his signing day in london
Colorado Kid - 1st Edition HC
The Girl who loved Tom Gordon pop arc proof

here is a list of my german rare books:
Duddits - Dreamcather - signed by King one of only 25 signed germany 1st Editions
ES IT - Edition Phantasia - world first Edition roman numbered
NEBEL The Mist - Edition Phantasia - roman numbered
Angst Bare Bones - Edition Phantasia - roman numbered

and a lot more german first editions and arc proofs and some more rare germany books like carrie german first edition, salams lot arc proof, 3 mini books from kings and so on.

please let me know, if you are interested in some of them.

Randall Flagg
11-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear that you have to liquidate. We typically don't have individual sale threads, so I'm going to merge this into the Collectible Classifieds (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds) thread.

herbertwest
11-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Sorry about that.. Do u have a picture of the Salem's lot proof?

debungsmere
11-07-2010, 12:55 PM
DArk Tower: The Gunslinger 1st Edition
Dark Tower: Drawing of the Tree - signed and limited No. 685
Dark Tower: Waste Lands - signed and limited No. 894
Dark Tower: Wizard and Glas - signed and limited No. 808
Dark Tower 5-7 incl. Sisters of Eluria matching Set No. 788 all still shrink wrapped

What are you charging for these? Feel free to email me, rocky.schneider@gmail.com.

Sorry you have to sell, a nice collection you got.

demorgan
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
selling:
$104 for 1/1 bachman books

Oh, if we have any tool fans- i recently went to maynard's store in jerome, AZ...i bought some extra signed stuff..if anyone is interested.

Fsmdr
11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I have an extra IO 10 Stephen King's Baseball issue. VG condition. some wear as can be seen in the photo. Asking $50. Least expensive on ABE is $100. PM me if interested or any question. Thanks.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8316/005ut.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5963/006eie.jpg

disel24
11-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Where everyone knows your name...TDT.org

My 9 month old is built like a moose... he's 23lbs! So needless to say I need a new carseat for his weight class and until I can find a better paying job I've got to piece out what I own in collectables.

I'm selling my copy of Night Visions 5 signed by King and various others. If you're interested please PM or email me at DiazG78 at gmail dot com. I'm looking to get the price of a good carseat out of it basically so please keep that in mind when you offer. Thanks!

Dr. Dawg
11-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I have a few auctions ending tonight. Good prices, I think, if any one is interested.

http://shop.ebay.com/zbowman-half/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I'm also probably going to list a couple of my Lonely Road books soon, but will offer them here first (shipping and insurance included):

The Arthur Darknell Double by Ray Garton (1/200) - $125
Poe (with "Monsters" chap-book) by Stewart O'Nan- $125

biomieg
11-15-2010, 04:56 AM
In order to finance my growing proof collection I'd like to sell some of my 'gift' editions (DESPERATION, FROM A BUICK 8, INSOMNIA, LISEY'S STORY, COLORADO KID - set of three in slipcase). I live in The Netherlands so these are probably only interesting for European forum members (because of the shipping costs). Is anyone interested?

*edit* post updated.

thegreattim
11-15-2010, 06:36 AM
In order to finance my growing proof collection I'd like to sell some of my 'gift' editions (DESPERATION, FROM A BUICK 8, INSOMNIA, LISEY'S STORY, COLORADO KID - set of three in slipcase). I live in The Netherlands so these are probably only interesting for European forum members (because of the shipping costs). Is anyone interested?

Man, it's too bad you are not in the states, or I'd take you up on on most, if not all of them! Just when I'm looking to expand (i.e. start) my gift edition collection, you are looking to sell. Either way, I wanted to ask:

There was a limited edition of Lisey? How did I miss hearing about that one! Who was the publisher?

biomieg
11-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Well, it's not technically a true limited/gift edition I think. I seem to remember it's some kind of BOMC edition with a cardboard slipcase. It's in the back/left in this picture:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_fcdqdPh-_A8/S7m1BKKtKVI/AAAAAAAAAN4/M53UfMEucsM/lisey.jpg

It's not an uncommon or expensive book at all but it looks quite nice.

*edit* I wouldn't mind selling the books to you at all but combined shipping is €57 [$78] for a package weighing less than 10 kg, and €104 [$142] for a package > 10 kg. I'm not sure how much these books weigh and I can't check it right now. I think that buying these books separately and having them shipped to you domestically is probably cheaper. Anyway, if you're interested, please PM me :)

thegreattim
11-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Well, it's not technically a true limited/gift edition I think. I seem to remember it's some kind of BOMC edition with a cardboard slipcase. It's in the back/left in this picture:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_fcdqdPh-_A8/S7m1BKKtKVI/AAAAAAAAAN4/M53UfMEucsM/lisey.jpg

It's not an uncommon or expensive book at all but it looks quite nice.

*edit* I wouldn't mind selling the books to you at all but combined shipping is €57 [$78] for a package weighing less than 10 kg, and €104 [$142] for a package > 10 kg. I'm not sure how much these books weigh and I can't check it right now. I think that buying these books separately and having them shipped to you domestically is probably cheaper. Anyway, if you're interested, please PM me :)

Yeah, I think that the shipping costs itself would pay for one or two of these gift editions! I was just dreaming of expanding my collection in one beautiful box of goodies. :) I'm sure there are many other local(ish) collectors who will buy up your extras.

WeDealInLead
11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Free a.k.a. pay for shipping and it's yours:

Paris Review. It's some paperback magazine that has King's story Anaya. I think $10 should cover shipping and if there is change, I'll send it back. I had this on eBay for $5 and no one bought it, I'm assuming because shipping charge was $10. I just want it gone so first $10 takes it.

Niels
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Is that dustjacket already on the mail? Otherwise you could put it in the same box!
(The risk was to big to bid on both, I could have end up only with the 'Paris Review')

WeDealInLead
11-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi, I sent the DJ already. I like to mail as soon as I can so I don't have to worry about it later.

jon10g
11-16-2010, 01:04 AM
selling:

Oh, if we have any tool fans- i recently went to maynard's store in jerome, AZ...i bought some extra signed stuff..if anyone is interested.

Hi. I am a major fan of Tool. What stuff did you get? I am very interested.
Thanks

jon

e_taylor
11-16-2010, 06:15 AM
selling:

Hi. I am a major fan of Tool. What stuff did you get? I am very interested.
Thanks

jon

As my avatar might suggest, I too am a huge Tool fan. I'd be interested to see what you have too!

biomieg
11-16-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm not interested in buying any Tool-related stuff, just wanted to chime in and say I love them too :)

Nerak
11-16-2010, 08:53 AM
I have the first three issues of "N" and American Vampire for sale....cover list price if interested. They are all bagged and boarded and first prints.
Please pm me if interested!

herbertwest
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a LATERALUS poster at my parents...

Room 217 Caretaker
11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
One time shot or goes to Ebay

BB set:

Blockade Billy Uncorrected Proof 1 of 60 color version
Blockade Billy CD 1st print with artist Alex McVey Remarque
CD Slipcase

$350 shipped ( I think it's a very fair price, the BB proof is worth $250 itself)

Pictures available, just ask.

Mulleins
Cumberland vA

PlayPhish
11-17-2010, 09:00 AM
My collection is almost completely liquidated and I have to say that it feels pretty good not having to worry about the exorbitant amount of King limiteds being released these days.

Dark Tower III S/L
Dark Tower IV S/L
Dark Tower V S/L
Dark Tower VI S/L
Dark Tower VII S/L
LSOE S/L
LSOE A/E
Black House S/L
Desperation S/L

All the above books are #747 (Most still in their shrink-wrap). Sold as a set for $3250

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
My collection is almost completely liquidated and I have to say that it feels pretty good not having to worry about the exorbitant amount of King limiteds being released these days.

The best thing about selling your collection is that you can still see most of them in the collections on here, and you have the cash in you pocket. Best of both worlds.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Cleaning out the closet (pictures available, just ask):

Legacies Proof $275
Blockade Billy Proof $250
Peter Straub’s matching number S/L set Lost Boy/Lost Girl and Night Room $105
First Edition Blockade Billy with Alex McVey Remarque $100
DT II First Edition signed by Hale $65
Colorado Kid with full page drawing by Ed Miller $125 (I have one more left, picture available)
Stories S/L (a nicely done limited) $175
Dark Dreamers #140 (signed by all including King) This one doesn’t come up for sale often $400
Insomnia S/L #706 (no slipcase) $175. Two small water marks on signature page. Ziesing is blaming either King or Hale for dripping coffee on the page. They didn’t notice the stain until page was already bound in the book.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

carlosdetweiller
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Some really good stuff, Ralph. I sent you a PM.

disel24
11-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Willing to sell the Night Visions 5 for 120 OBO.. Just want a carseat, easiest way.

tippy4
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Dark Tower III S/L
Dark Tower IV S/L
Dark Tower V S/L
Dark Tower VI S/L
Dark Tower VII S/L
LSOE S/L
LSOE A/E
Black House S/L
Desperation S/L

All the above books are #747 (Most still in their shrink-wrap). Sold as a set for $3250

You would be better off selling the Black House and Desperation separately. You should get $275 to $325 each for them.

Most collectors are already going to have one or more of these books, so they are not going to buy a large collection like this. Parts of it yes. The whole thing no.

PlayPhish
11-18-2010, 06:53 AM
You would be better off selling the Black House and Desperation separately. You should get $275 to $325 each for them.

Most collectors are already going to have one or more of these books, so they are not going to buy a large collection like this. Parts of it yes. The whole thing no.

I don't mind breaking the set apart. All inquiries I've had thus far though have been from people who were interested in having a same number collection. It does seem a shame to break the numbers apart.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Legacies Proof $275
DT II First Edition signed by Hale $65
Colorado Kid with full page drawing by Ed Miller $125 (I have one more left, picture available)
Dark Dreamers #140 (signed by all including King) This one doesn’t come up for sale often $400
Insomnia S/L #706 (no slipcase) $175. Two small water marks on signature page. Ziesing is blaming either King or Hale for dripping coffee on the page. They didn’t notice the stain until page was already bound in the book.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Marked out the books that have sold so far.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Rahfa
11-18-2010, 01:43 PM

I don't mind breaking the set apart. All inquiries I've had thus far though have been from people who were interested in having a same number collection. It does seem a shame to break the numbers apart.

I agree/disagree with Tippy.

If you tried to sell Desperation, BH and the Artist Edition of LSOE by themselves on Ebay, you'd get an okay price for each...then that gives the set of DT books a more reasonable figure where you might sell all of them as a group.

I think keeping the DT books together is a good idea...but the other books don't matter so much.

Randall Flagg
11-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Very true.
Dark Dreamers is one of my top 10 (excluding Lettered) King books for production values and sheer "holdability". The one signed by all the contributors is hard to find. Per the Catalog entry (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Dark+Dreamers+-+S+L):

Due to accidental destruction of some signature sheets, three states of this limited edition were published:
Copies #1-#297 were signed by Clive Barker, Gary Brandner, Ramsey Campbell, Les Daniels, Dennis Etchison, John Farris, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Graham Masterson, Richard Matheson, Robert R. McCammon, David Morrell, Philip Nutman, John Saul, John Skipp, Craig Spector, Peter Straub, Whitley Streiber, Stanley Wiater, Chet Williamson, J.N. Williamson, and Grahan Wilson, These copies contain two pages of signatures.
Copies #298-#350 were signed by Richard Matheson, Dennis Etchison, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, David Morrell, John Saul, John Farris, Gary Brandner, Richard Laymon and Stanley Wiater. These copies contain one page of signatures.
55 Copies stamped “Publisher’s Copy #__” were numbered 1-55 and were otherwise identical to copies #298-#350. These copies contain one page of signatures.

Some effort was made to collect the missing signatures as the second state has seven signatures on the title page (example below).

tippy4
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM

If you tried to sell Desperation, BH and the Artist Edition of LSOE by themselves on Ebay, you'd get an okay price for each...then that gives the set of DT books a more reasonable figure where you might sell all of them as a group.

I think keeping the DT books together is a good idea...but the other books don't matter so much.

I don't see where you disagree with me. I pretty much said the same thing (with the exception of the LSOE AE, but that is a $50-$75 book so I did not feel it was worth mentioning).

Another strategy, is that you could offer DT 3-7 as a set, and then if you get a buyer, offer them the other books. They will probably pass on the LSOE AE, Desperation and BH, but you might get lucky on the LSOE S/L.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-19-2010, 05:07 AM
Updating list of sold items

Legacies Proof $275
DT II First Edition signed by Hale $55 (mint book, jacket has marks on it)
Insomnia S/L #706 (no slipcase) $175.
UK Under the Dome S/L $235 (one of the few that made it without damage)

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Rahfa
11-19-2010, 01:11 PM

I don't see where you disagree with me. I pretty much said the same thing (with the exception of the LSOE AE, but that is a $50-$75 book so I did not feel it was worth mentioning).

Another strategy, is that you could offer DT 3-7 as a set, and then if you get a buyer, offer them the other books. They will probably pass on the LSOE AE, Desperation and BH, but you might get lucky on the LSOE S/L.

Hahaha...I just re-read it, and you're right...I basically said EXACTLY the same thing you did...for some reason, I thought you meant sell ALL of them seperately right off the bat...and I think we agree that once he's got just the DT books, that's a manageable set to sell.

Earth's Militant Mind
11-20-2010, 02:13 PM
What's up all? It's been a while since I've been around. Got some books for sale if anyone is interested let me know via IM.

From a Buick 8 - Gift Edition - $200
Insomnia - Gift Edition - $95
The Talisman - Gift Edition - $250

Set of 5 - F&SF Mag Gunslinger + The Years Finest Fantasy Vol 2 – Good condition, address labels and small tear on top of first few pages of 1978 mag. Book has a dent in the dust jacket but book it self is in good condition normal wear along the most of the edges small tears in places. Can post pics if you desire. $200

Also have this listed on ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150522341049&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

carlosdetweiller
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Updating list of sold items

Legacies Proof $275
DT II First Edition signed by Hale $55 (mint book, jacket has marks on it)
Insomnia S/L #706 (no slipcase) $175.
UK Under the Dome S/L $235 (one of the few that made it without damage)

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Just wanted to say that the copy of Colorado Kid with the Miller drawing that I bought arrived today. Probably one of the best packing jobs of a purchase that I have received in a long time. Thanks, Ralph!

Randall Flagg
11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I received a package today also. Blockade Billy-well wrapped. Pics to come soon in the YNP&J thread.

herbertwest
11-28-2010, 10:58 AM
$100 TGWLTG, white full dummy proof.

rrdunaway@msn.com or PM me
Thanks !

i am not collecting but this one sounds interetesting i think!

Patrick
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
I have a New Baby BOY on the way, due March 17.
CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope your boy arrives exactly on his due date and that you name him appropriately. :D

thegreattim
11-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I have a New Baby BOY on the way, due March 17.

Congrats! I too have a son (my first) coming April 7th!

WeDealInLead
11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Not SK but I have Ronald Kelly's Hell Hollow. It's unread. Missing the sig. page. Kind of a bummer but if you want a good read, I think it's worth $10 I'm asking for it. I'd rather trade it for another non-SK book though. Paperbacks are fine too.

It'd be nice if there was a trade thread where we can pass down or trade books we think other should read/get rid of useless junk :)

Dr. Dawg
11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm looking to sell the traycased signed/limited of Riding the Bullet from Lonely Road- $260 shipped (US only).

Anyone interested?

divemaster
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I have an extra copy of the Grant S/L Dark Tower III Waste Lands. #1067. F/F in slipcase, unread.

Cheapest on ABEbooks is listed at $650

One of our esteemed members here sold #1066 on eBay about a month ago for $445 + shipping extra.

I'm asking $400, which includes priority insured mail, well-packed of course.

shnnrc01
12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Am selling a Gift Edition Secretary of Dreams Volume 1 on ebay at the moment,its up tomorrow night .Perfect condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Secretary-Dreams-Vol-1-Limited-1-5000-/190474719372?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item2c592d908c

shnnrc01
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Also have a Blockade Billy 2nd printing from Cemetery Dance.This edition was sent to libraries mainly.Perfect condition also,PM with offers.

Herbswhere
12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I have some items that I would like to sell. I'm new to the website but like most - a long time Stephen King fan. I got these items when I was high school and he took an interest to our basketball team. These items are priceless to me and I wouldn't be trying to sell them if I really didn't need the $. The Star Invaders is a 10+ pg story he wrote when was 13. You can view the items on www.thestephenkingcollector under the forum: buy/sell. acrobat.com I believe is the website they are viewed on. It takes a minute to load the 10 images. I believe they are also on thedarktower.org site under stephenkingletters or my username Herbswhere. Thank youThank you. jason.manza@yahoo.com

Patrick
12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Welcome to TDT.org, Jason. As you sound like a King fan, I hope you stick around, check out the forums and join in the discussions.

Sorry to hear you're selling your collection, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. Hope it all goes well for you.

I am going to merge this into the Classified thread as appropriate.

Herbswhere
12-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank you for the help... Still finding my way around on the computer...it's all new to me. Let me know if I can help anyone with anything? Thank you

jhanic
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
As I said over at The Collector's site, I just wish I had the money available for these right now. Oh, well.

John

Patrick
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Just an FYI, after you make five posts, more member abilities open to you. (It's a spam fighting thing.)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the corner Jason.

Randall Flagg
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I have some items that I would like to sell. I'm new to the website but like most - a long time Stephen King fan. I got these items when I was high school and he took an interest to our basketball team. These items are priceless to me and I wouldn't be trying to sell them if I really didn't need the $. The Star Invaders is a 10+ pg story he wrote when was 13. You can view the items on www.thestephenkingcollector under the forum: buy/sell. acrobat.com I believe is the website they are viewed on. It takes a minute to load the 10 images. I believe they are also on thedarktower.org site under stephenkingletters or my username Herbswhere. Thank youThank you. jason.manza@yahoo.com
You reference viewing the items at StephenKingcollector.com, and on their site reference seeing them here. If you need assistance posting the images, please let me know and I will assist.

thegreattim
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Welcome, Jason. Hope you stick around! Lots of good, friendly people here and very knowledgeable too.

Ari_Racing
12-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Welcome! Can you tell us more about the stuff you're selling? I'm really interested to know about it! :)

ELazansky
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I believe Jason posted his link to the PDF file here - http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?10206-Herbswhere#vmessage11325

Herbswhere
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
If anybody has any info on - or has seen anything like i have and how much they might be worth - I would appreciate the help. Thank you.

Herbswhere
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM
I have been trying to reply to those waiting for a response from me, and when I hit reply, I wait and wait and wait...and nothing...not sure what's up? Would like to answer all questions and will do so as fast as I can. As for the copy of Star Invaders that SK wrote when he was 13ish.... I've had a few inquiries about obtaining and or purchasing a copy of it. I just don't want to do anything illeagal and meanwhile be as fair as possible. My question is: How much are my items worth? Can anyone give me a fair and honest opinion? Thanks for everyones interest and help>really needed, much appreciated. Thank you.

Fsmdr
12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been trying to reply to those waiting for a response from me, and when I hit reply, I wait and wait and wait...and nothing...not sure what's up? Would like to answer all questions and will do so as fast as I can. As for the copy of Star Invaders that SK wrote when he was 13ish.... I've had a few inquiries about obtaining and or purchasing a copy of it. I just don't want to do anything illeagal and meanwhile be as fair as possible. My question is: How much are my items worth? Can anyone give me a fair and honest opinion? Thanks for everyones interest and help>really needed, much appreciated. Thank you.

As far as value, I would recommend asking David ( the owner of Betts), Hutch, Shibus ( both very experienced collectors and sellers) and Bob (Carlosdetweiller is his user name here). Either one of them will be able to give you the best possible answer to your very special and unusual items.

My personal opinion, I would sell them as a set only. They all correlate together as a complete correspondence that you have had with King and I think it gives them a whole lot more value together than pieces. I would also not sell the short stories as copies, as it would dilute the value of the short story (I wonder if it was ever published?). That's what I would do if I were you anyway.

gsvec
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I agree with Fsmdr - any one of them would be a great choice.

And as far as hitting reply and waiting - try 'Reply with quote' instead. :)

king fan
12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I have an extra copy of the Grant S/L Dark Tower III Waste Lands. #1067. F/F in slipcase, unread.

Cheapest on ABEbooks is listed at $650

One of our esteemed members here sold #1066 on eBay about a month ago for $445 + shipping extra.

I'm asking $400, which includes priority insured mail, well-packed of course.

I left you a message.

Ari_Racing
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
According to HorrorKing (http://www.horrorking.com/rarewrks.html#invaders) "The Star Invaders" has 17 pages. Is yours complete or has the first 10 pages?

Patrick
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Jason, as I mentioned upthread, you need a post count of only 5 to have other member abilities open to you. As of this moment you only have 4 posts. You will be able to send and receive private messages on the site once you have posted one more time.

I agree with the others: Do not sell photocopies of the story, it can only dilute the value.

Good luck!

Randall Flagg
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I changed Jason to a standard Member. He should be OK to post and reply to messages (although he was only one post away anyhow).

Earth's Militant Mind
12-06-2010, 10:16 PM
On e-bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150529572798&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150529580087&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150529593078&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150529597543&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-07-2010, 02:00 AM
The Star Invaders story that Jason is selling is only a photocopy. It is not the original Triad publication from 1964.

Randall Flagg
12-07-2010, 06:41 AM
On e-bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150529572798&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

That's the first SOD Gift I've ever seen signed by King.

divemaster
12-07-2010, 07:57 AM

I left you a message.

SOLD to king fan!

I have one more book (actually 2) I need to get off my shelf.

I have an extra First Edition Gunslinger--very nice book in a less-than-perfect DJ. The book itself is Fine (only one small scuff/blemish on the rear board pastedown and a pencil price notation). The DJ shows significant wear--prominent shelf rubbing along board (flap) edges and head/heel of spine. The front and back panels look pretty good, though.

Asking $350, priority shipping included. A fair deal I think, especially if you have a better DJ to put on it.

If anyone is interested, I'll even throw in a guaranteed First Edition Night Shift (ex-lib with typical problems) for free. The Night Shift would not be a book to be proud of, but as a free placeholder?

EDIT: The above has been SOLD! Thanks!

Sam
12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
On e-bay now:

When was the Three Kings event? Something seems not right to me about the timing.

CRinVA
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
April 5th or 6th, 2008!

Bev Vincent
12-07-2010, 09:15 AM
April 4th, actually. Link (http://www.folger.edu/whatsonsub.cfm?wotypeid=7&season=p&CFID=6473877&CFTOKEN=66715670)

Earth's Militant Mind
12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
On e-bay now:

When was the Three Kings event? Something seems not right to me about the timing.

Sam,

It was April 6th 2006 and I was there with my ex wife, I was wearing a red and white, three quarter sleeve DTD.com shirt and there where a few members there that I am sure would remember me. My pic is posted in the face with a name thread. This is 100% a true sig. I take no offense to your doubt but please I hope since we have done business before that you would think better of me.

CRinVA
12-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I stand corrected! I was guessing based on the Washington Post article from Monday April 7th.

Earth's Militant Mind
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
On e-bay now:

Sam,

It was April 6th 2006 and I was there with my ex wife, I was wearing a red and white, three quarter sleeve DTD.com shirt and there where a few members there that I am sure would remember me. My pic is posted in the face with a name thread. This is 100% a true sig. I take no offense to your doubt but please I hope since we have done business before that you would think better of me.

Sorry had to double check the ticket yes it was April 4th

CRinVA
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Hopefully, that's a typo as it was in 2008! :-)

I have no doubt you were there - I was too! I Met Dave Williamson(BettsBooks), Oy, Matt ane Bev Vincent while there. I am pretty sure I met Sam too!

Earth's Militant Mind
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I stand corrected! I was guessing based on the Washington Post article from Monday April 7th.

Nope I was the one corrected April 6th was the day I left for Turkey. I was very fortunate that Stephen came to DC just before I left. I had won a Dead Zone on ebay that would have been signed instead of SOD I but it came late and That was the best book I had for sig after TDT books. Since I bought my TDT IV for sig(which I still have and am keeping now that I sold my limited sets) I wanted something else so that is what I chose thinking at the time I would not get the SOD Limited.

Earth's Militant Mind
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Hopefully, that's a typo as it was in 2008! :-)

I have no doubt you were there - I was too! I Met Dave Williamson(BettsBooks), Oy, Matt ane Bev Vincent while there. I am pretty sure I met Sam too!

Yes it's a typo, sorry I've been drinking it is 733pm here in Turkey :) I can take pics of both books together showing that I have 2 tickets, my pics have been on this site for a long time before I tried to sell of both books. I'm sorry for the confussion, I am not having the best of days.

Ari_Racing
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
The Star Invaders story that Jason is selling is only a photocopy. It is not the original Triad publication from 1964.

Did anyone here also have a photocopy of it?

jhanic
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I thought I did, but I guess I don't.

John

herbertwest
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM

Did anyone here also have a photocopy of it?

I thought that this piece was lost...
Sorry to hear that you have to sell those items...

Herbswhere
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
According to HorrorKing (http://www.horrorking.com/rarewrks.html#invaders) "The Star Invaders" has 17 pages. Is yours complete or has the first 10 pages?

Yes, 17 pages for The Star Invaders, not counting the cover and/or title page. But when he photocopied it for me it came to 10 pages - everything included (Part I and Part II). I know I didn't make myself clear when I said I have a copy of The Star Invaders signed. It would've been really nice if it was a June 1964 First Edition and it could be bought for 20cents. How many of the originals are left in existence?

Herbswhere
12-08-2010, 12:10 AM
You reference viewing the items at StephenKingcollector.com, and on their site reference seeing them here. If you need assistance posting the images, please let me know and I will assist.

https://acrobat.com/#d=c-XejLjIa07bbLtq-v6uNQ please help me post the images so all can see. It takes a few minutes for the pix to load. This link was provided on the acrobat website to share with others. Hope this helps. thank u.

biomieg
12-08-2010, 12:39 AM
The Acrobat link works just fine Jason. Good stuff!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Regarding the value of Jason's items, it's hard to estimate, but lets look at what he has:

1. Typewritten letter and envelope from, and signed by, Shirley Sonderegger. Not worth anything, except to recipient.
2. Typewritten letter and envelope from, and signed by, Marsha DeFilippo. Not worth anything, except to recipient.
3. Photo of King looking like a geek with mullet haircut. Not worth anything, except to recipient.
4. Bibliography from Sep 1993. This is taken from Castle Rock Newsletter. Worthless.
5. Promo Langoliers Boarding Pass in American Pride folder. Promo collectors might pay $50-$100.

The good stuff...

1. Handwritten, 1 page letter dated 24 January 1994 and signed by King. What has other similar items sold for? $250-$500?
2. Typewritten 1/2 page letter dated 15 February 1994 and signed by King. What has other similar items sold for? $80-$150?
3. Photocopy of the story "The Star Invaders" on which King has written a nice letter to Jason on the front page. It is signed and dated. It is not known if the story is complete. This is the most interesting piece and the hardest to value.

This is the only item I would be interested in, so I will not divulge what I would be willing to pay for it.

jhanic
12-08-2010, 05:00 AM
I paid less than $20 for my Langoliers boarding pass and folder earlier this year.

John

Pasiuk57
12-08-2010, 05:34 AM
I agree with the analysis.
I think he would be better off listing them one at a time.
#3 is interesting but not knowing if it is complete or not, makes it tough.

Randall Flagg
12-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Item #2 was likely dictated by King, Marsha typed it and King signed it. I agree with the $80-$150 estimate.

Ari_Racing
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes, 17 pages for The Star Invaders, not counting the cover and/or title page. But when he photocopied it for me it came to 10 pages - everything included (Part I and Part II). I know I didn't make myself clear when I said I have a copy of The Star Invaders signed. It would've been really nice if it was a June 1964 First Edition and it could be bought for 20cents. How many of the originals are left in existence?

As far as I know, only one original in existence. Photocopies I don't know.

herbertwest
12-11-2010, 04:20 AM
is the copy of THE STAR INVADERS sold now?
who would be the owner of this one?

Herbswhere
12-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I listed on Ebay the signed copy of The Star Invaders # 270678165561 ; The 1pg hand written letter dated 1/24/94 item# 270678659537 ; and the typed and signed letter 2/15/94 item# 270678696825 . Thanks for everyones emails, quote$, help and your patience. If there's only 1 original copy of TSI known in existence then it must be in Mr. King's own collection? Yes? No? Or does someone else have the original? He had to have something he photocopied in order to hook me up.

biomieg
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I'll be watching your auctions to see what your items go for, Jason. Good luck!

Ari_Racing
12-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Good Luck! I'm pretty sure it's out of my range and the silence expressed by Bob, Hutch, Mike and Terry it's enough to know I simply can't win this. :(

Hope I'll be able to read it someday :)

biomieg
12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
You said it Ari! And don't forget Mr. Rabbit Trick...

Ari_Racing
12-11-2010, 02:51 PM
OF COURSE!!!

Sorry, Mr. Rabbit Trick! :) It was not my intention (but you didn't keep silence here ;) )

tippy4
12-11-2010, 05:12 PM
A few thing I need to get sold:

S/L SODV2 $350 Fine Condition
S/L Quietly Now PC $145 Fine Condition
The Waste Lands Grant First $35 Near Fine Condition
Gift Edtion of SODV2 $55 (Unread, but one small bump on one corner)
Collectors Edition of UTD $50 (Unread, two small bumps)

Fsmdr
12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
I have a signed Full Dark, Stars listed on Ebay, in case someone might be looking for one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120659436267

tippy4
12-11-2010, 11:44 PM
On e-bay now:

Signed SOD Volume 1 Gift Edition and Unsigned SOD Volume 2 Gift Edition (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=150529572798&si=XqLZp8RgVscm5QRd7BMDh6L0nvk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT)

I was the underbidder on this.

Considering that an unsigned SODV1 GE is selling for $250 , and unsigned SODV2 GE is selling for about $70, the buyer basically got a free King signature.

The seller should have sold the books seperately.

biomieg
12-13-2010, 03:12 AM
3. Photocopy of the story "The Star Invaders" on which King has written a nice letter to Jason on the front page. It is signed and dated. It is not known if the story is complete. This is the most interesting piece and the hardest to value.

I didn't sleep very well last night and had some vivid dreams and in one of them this item was sold on eBay for £ 675,000 (yes, I specifically dreamt the £ sign). Are you planning to unleash the 'tactics of the scorched earth' upon your fellow contenders, Alan? ;)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-13-2010, 04:11 AM
I don't know about 'tactics of the scorched earth', but I will be visiting my orchard of these...

http://kizie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/money_tree.jpg

Patrick
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
:lol:

Earth's Militant Mind
12-14-2010, 02:09 AM
On e-bay now:

Signed SOD Volume 1 Gift Edition and Unsigned SOD Volume 2 Gift Edition (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=150529572798&si=XqLZp8RgVscm5QRd7BMDh6L0nvk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT)

Considering that an unsigned SODV1 GE is selling for $250 , and unsigned SODV2 GE is selling for about $70, the buyer basically got a free King signature.

I could be wrong but $250 is IMO way over inflated for SODV1 GE. Although I would have been happy to get more, since I was the seller, it sold for close to what I was expecting. Of course I was hoping for a better bidding war but considering that you and Dave both passed on going any higher I figure that was about the right price. Just because one or two inexperienced or over anxious people have over payed for the book on ebay you cant set the SODV1 value based on that.

As for trying to sell them seperately.... It's hard to say sometimes It works out better but sometimes selling in a package makes the item more attractive. Everything really just depends on the buyers that see the item and thier wims which change from day to day.

Rahfa
12-14-2010, 05:55 AM
On e-bay now:

I could be wrong but $250 is IMO way over inflated for SODV1 GE. Although I would have been happy to get more, since I was the seller, it sold for close to what I was expecting. Of course I was hoping for a better bidding war but considering that you and Dave both passed on going any higher I figure that was about the right price. Just because one or two inexperienced or over anxious people have over payed for the book on ebay you cant set the SODV1 value based on that.

As for trying to sell them seperately.... It's hard to say sometimes It works out better but sometimes selling in a package makes the item more attractive. Everything really just depends on the buyers that see the item and thier wims which change from day to day.

Yeah, I sort of agree....you could go nuts looking at past auction history to determine what you SHOULD have gotten. I think those previous gift edition prices were fairly phony and not a useful judge.

Having said that, I've never had good luck with "packages," and wouldn't use them again...but I don't think you did all that bad. Maybe left $50-$75 on the table, but that's tops on a good day.

1955spartan
12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Here is an Item I selling (reluctantly) As a set:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8380/dscf05751.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4743/dscf05762.jpg

The book is #942/1000 and the Proof is the "Blue" copy of the Advance Proof. I was hoping for $800.00 for the set, but will entertain offers to break them up. PM me with serious offers. I'm open to Installment Plans if you prefer. I'm originally from Bangor and those are pics of Steve's house!!! Both editions are in VG condition. Take a look at my "Collection Thread" for other items you may want. Unfortunately, it's all GOTTA GO!!!!

Thanks for looking!!!!

e_taylor
12-17-2010, 06:38 AM
This is sort of a classified ad....

I've got a bunch of credit with a bookseller, more than I can actually use. If the difference between cash/credit wasn't so high I'd just cash out, but I can't justify it right now.

Anyways, both the slipcased and traycased editions of "Horns" by Joe Hill are within reach for me - is anyone interested in either and how much would you be willing to pay?

I could also probably get one of the S/L copies of "Riding the Bullet", or some Phil Hale signed 1sts of DTII. Other potentially interesting books to you folks would be "Shades" by Keene/Cooper and "Come Out Tonight" by Richard Laymon.

Wedealinlead - theres also some Lebbon books if you wanted to PM me with a list of what you need.

If anyone is interested, please PM me ASAP!

Thanks!

Herbswhere
12-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I had to relist The Star Invaders: New item # on eBay is 270680605405. I'm also interested in any other dreams/nightmares that others have been having recently related to the item. That is if you care to share. Thank you.

herbertwest
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
I had to relist The Star Invaders: New item # on eBay is 270680605405. I'm also interested in any other dreams/nightmares that others have been having recently related to the item. That is if you care to share. Thank you.

Thats some kind of a weird request... may i ask why?
Good luck with the sale of your item
I hope that someone here will get it. Its way out of my reach...

jhanic
12-17-2010, 09:20 AM
And mine.

John

Randall Flagg
12-17-2010, 09:49 AM
A while back someone wanted a Traycase for the S/l From A Buick 8. I finally located my extra case. If interested PM me.

biomieg
12-17-2010, 10:30 AM

Thats some kind of a weird request... may i ask why?
Good luck with the sale of your item
I hope that someone here will get it. Its way out of my reach...

That request is not so weird (I posted about dreaming of this item a couple of days ago :D I dreamt that Mr. Rabbit Trick was buying it for £675,000!)

herbertwest
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
And the other day, my girlfriend dreamt that i was dead... :-/

And mine. John
Whoever gets it, i hope that it will become kind of public. I wouldnt mind paying a few dollars to read it.
Unfortunately, as it is a copy, i aint sure that the owner would scan it to share it... as it will lose some of its value... maybe with some giant watermark? *wish*

blavigne
12-17-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't know if this belongs here or not so someone let me know if this post should be moved.
I would like to read the original (unrevised) Gunslinger. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? Just a plain old paperback will do as I said I want to read it not add it to a collection so I am not worried about condition or edition or any of that as long as all the pages are there.

Any advice?

e_taylor
12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't know if this belongs here or not so someone let me know if this post should be moved.
I would like to read the original (unrevised) Gunslinger. Does anyone know where I can get a copy? Just a plain old paperback will do as I said I want to read it not add it to a collection so I am not worried about condition or edition or any of that as long as all the pages are there.

Any advice?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=3942579164&searchurl=an%3Dstephen%2Bking%26bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff% 26ds%3D30%26recentlyadded%3Dall%26sortby%3D17%26st s%3Dt%26tn%3Dgunslinger%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

blavigne
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Any advice?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=3942579164&searchurl=an%3Dstephen%2Bking%26bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff% 26ds%3D30%26recentlyadded%3Dall%26sortby%3D17%26st s%3Dt%26tn%3Dgunslinger%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

Totally awesome. I just paid $3.99 and it's on the way. Thank you!! Merry Christmas to me :)

e_taylor
12-17-2010, 12:32 PM
This is sort of a classified ad....

I've got a bunch of credit with a bookseller, more than I can actually use. If the difference between cash/credit wasn't so high I'd just cash out, but I can't justify it right now.

Anyways, both the slipcased and traycased editions of "Horns" by Joe Hill are within reach for me - is anyone interested in either and how much would you be willing to pay?

I could also probably get one of the S/L copies of "Riding the Bullet", or some Phil Hale signed 1sts of DTII. Other potentially interesting books to you folks would be "Shades" by Keene/Cooper and "Come Out Tonight" by Richard Laymon.

Wedealinlead - theres also some Lebbon books if you wanted to PM me with a list of what you need.

If anyone is interested, please PM me ASAP!

Thanks!

Also, the PS Publishing edition of "One for the Road" might be had.

If anyone is interested, please PM me ASAP - I need to make a decision before tomorrow.

Ari_Racing
12-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I count that The Star Invaders will not become available, at least not for a few years. And that's okay...I wouldn't share it if I pay 10k for it...

I've just saw the auction's bids (some "codenames" are recognized in it ;) ) and my guess is that it'll sell for U$S 10.000 (or close to that number).

herbertwest
12-18-2010, 03:10 AM
@Ari : Depends.. If i was spending 10K (might be going only for a few thousands?), i wouldnt mind sharing if if 2000 people were paying $5 to have the text... ^^
But yeah i agree : it would be very unlikely it would appear... or maybe published in a book. The updated version of Justin's bibliography? That WOULD rock.

I bet that there are some snipes waiting the end of the auction... The issue is : will it reach the reserve or not?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-18-2010, 05:12 AM
and my guess is that it'll sell for U$S 10.000 (or close to that number).

Try twice that.

Pasiuk57
12-18-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm looking for a Secretary of Dreams proof #1

carlosdetweiller
12-18-2010, 05:59 AM

Try twice that.

Personally I just can't get that excited about photocopied material. It may be the "only known" photocopy but it is still a copy. What do y'all think the original is worth? I think I would have a hard time justifying 10 grand for the original. A photocopy? Really?

thegreattim
12-18-2010, 08:54 AM

Try twice that.

Personally I just can't get that excited about photocopied material. It may be the "only known" photocopy but it is still a copy. What do y'all think the original is worth? I think I would have a hard time justifying 10 grand for the original. A photocopy? Really?

Being that I'd have to take a second mortgage to buy anything for $20k in cash, I can't see doing it. But even for a photocopy, for the right collector to say he or she own some piece of King (signed w/ provenance letter) that NO ONE ELSE does?? I guess I can't say I'd be entirely surprised.

Merlin1958
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Try twice that.

Being that I'd have to take a second mortgage to buy anything for $20k in cash, I can't see doing it. But even for a photocopy, for the right collector to say he or she own some piece of King (signed w/ provenance letter) that NO ONE ELSE does?? I guess I can't say I'd be entirely surprised.

Then again, as I recall that particular item is very personalized. A prominent Artist once told me "personalization" reduces value immediately by 50%. He was referring to Art and such, but to me that would apply here as well. To fork out that much cash for something that was given to someone else and clearly states it, I don't know. Of course, to each his own I suppose.

It is a "One of a kind", unique item.

e_taylor
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM

Try twice that.

Then again, as I recall that particular item is very personalized. A prominent Artist once told me "personalization" reduces value immediately by 50%. He was referring to Art and such, but to me that would apply here as well. To fork out that much cash for something that was given to someone else and clearly states it, I don't know. Of course, to each his own I suppose.

It is a "One of a kind", unique item.

I think that applies to art more than books. I guess theres always been a debate, but I'd rather a long inscription with provenance than a flatsigned book.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-18-2010, 09:24 AM
What do y'all think the original is worth?

I would pay $100,000 for the original.

carlosdetweiller
12-18-2010, 09:51 AM
What do y'all think the original is worth?

Well, King doesn't need the money but I wonder if he would respond favorably if you made an offer to donate 100 large to The Haven Foundation in return for his copy?

Or he might even make you a copy for a $5K donation. Might be worth a try.

Brice
12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
@Ari : Depends.. If i was spending 10K (might be going only for a few thousands?), i wouldnt mind sharing if if 2000 people were paying $5 to have the text... ^^
But yeah i agree : it would be very unlikely it would appear... or maybe published in a book. The updated version of Justin's bibliography? That WOULD rock.

I bet that there are some snipes waiting the end of the auction... The issue is : will it reach the reserve or not?

If it were a US purchaser they could easily be smacked for obvious copyright infringement...especially selling copies. I'm not sure about other places though.

Herbswhere
12-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you (biomieg) for posting your dream. I often have dreams that become true too...More often than not, that's why I asked. Kind of like my crystal ball. Those of you who have taken the time to email with me personally (and u know who u are) also know I was going to donate to a foundation/library and also volunteer (Meals on Wheels - because they delivered food to my Nana when she had Alzheimers) if the opportunity allows itself. I always like to Pay It Forward. Good Karma is a wonderful thing to have on your side. Stay Posi+ive. ThankYou. "I sleep Hard: > I DREAM HARDER."

biomieg
12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think this particular dream of mine will come true ;) but I do believe that dreaming is a fascinating and bizarre process in which external stimuli get processed in ways your conscious mind is not able to. I am a biologist and I find the human brain to be something amazing.

Herbswhere
12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I agree (mostly)

Herbswhere
12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
The 2 other Stephen King signed letters I had listed on eBay didn't meet the reserve and I'm not going to relist them. I'm putting them away for another 16 years. Thank you for all the bids. Happy Holidays.

Ari_Racing
12-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Adopt me! :) (Karen...I said it first!)

No dreams yet about Star Invaders, because it's avoiding me from sleeping! :)

And in this case, I think I justify whatever price reaches. I mean, if the original is only owned by King and in more than 46 years there's only one copy, that copy has the value it reaches. I simply can't afford it (the apartment I've just finished paying costs U$S 70k, and it has a nice location, so I don't see myself spending that money on a SK item for now. But I think it's worth whatever price reaches.

Brice
12-18-2010, 04:44 PM
The 2 other Stephen King signed letters I had listed on eBay didn't meet the reserve and I'm not going to relist them. I'm putting them away for another 16 years. Thank you for all the bids. Happy Holidays.

Since you're just gonna' put them away for now and not relist do you mind saying what your reserve was?

carlosdetweiller
12-18-2010, 08:16 PM
And in this case, I think I justify whatever price reaches. I mean, if the original is only owned by King and in more than 46 years there's only one copy, that copy has the value it reaches. I simply can't afford it (the apartment I've just finished paying costs U$S 70k, and it has a nice location, so I don't see myself spending that money on a SK item for now. But I think it's worth whatever price reaches.

I don't think we know for certain that there is only one copy out there. It would be just my luck that after paying a handsome sum for this one two or three other owners come out of the woodwork offering copies for sale.

Herbswhere
12-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I haven't been sleeping much lately myself -INSOMNIA- 3:45am now... The reserve prices will remain a mystery... I talked with u the other night but I'd like to see your poker face now Bob. I just went to Bangor to help a couple of friends and tried taking a picture of their house w/ a GIANT x-mas wreath and lit tree to share with you all but it was either too dark and my camera wouldn't work...(it was spooky)... i guess you had to be there.... Out of the thousands of times I drove by their house, that was the 1st time I actually stopped for a moment... (I'm not that cat that wears a tinfoil hat > fanatic) ... I even thought about going and knock on his door (it wasn't late) but I think it goes unsaid the space and respect we give him around here -- 'the man does not deserve to be bothered' I did however just finish writing a letter to Mr. King explaining :why?

Hey Resident Chris...can't sleep either? or did you have another dream... ???

ResChris/biomieg, right? I see you logged on now and have been thinking about your dream; (I no sleep = I no dreams... my crystal ball becomes blurry... ) You know 675K pounds = 434K in U$ and that sounds about as close to priceless as what I would think... I would accept that offer... Any takers??? 1st come 1st served... Considering my parents just emailed me (they r in Dom Rep now) & said not to feel pressured to sell... they would help me out...,(again)... GOD BLESS them... I must of checked 100 old lottery tickets last month...I had 1 $3 winner and was the Lucky Loser on the 2nd chance drawing = 5 free tickets... I never would check my lottery tickets, always liked the thought that I might be sitting on the winning ticket. Could THIS be my winning lottery ticket? I'm starting to feel more and more like Charlie & the Choclate Factory with the Golden ticket. Will the early bird get the worm... Is the 1st One up always the Best Dressed..we shall see.. time will tell ...5:15am...& I feel like Hell...gonna try to sleep.

WeDealInLead
12-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Eric,

Does that dealer have an online store? I make no promises but I could always browse his store and let you know if I find something interesting.

sleeplessdwarf
12-19-2010, 04:37 PM
It's been awhile since I have been around. I hope everyone is doing good. Thanks TurtleX for the Christmas card. I forgot where we post things that we are looking to sell. I'll go ahead and post the item here, and feel free to tell me the proper place. I have some medical things to take care of so I am looking to sell my M.V. Ziesing 1st Edition, Signed of Insomnia. Its the P/C copy. I paid 299 a year and a half ago, so I am hoping it will still get around 250$ with the economy. If anyone is interested please pm me and we can work out the details. Sorry for the wrong place to post. Merry Christmas everyone.

herbertwest
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
That's quite a good idea Carlos that you had.
Maybe an auction could be organised by Marsha & Steve, and the rare items (early writings...) and the funds would go to the Haven Foundation...

@Herbs : is there a particular reason why Steve did send you a copy of that story??

jhanic
12-20-2010, 07:37 AM
I have a friend that has a Blockade Billy ARC/proof available. Price would be $250. This is the full color one, not the much scarcer white one. If interested, please PM me and I'll give you this friend's email address.

John

JoesJunk
12-20-2010, 10:23 PM
That's quite a good idea Carlos that you had.
Maybe an auction could be organised by Marsha & Steve, and the rare items (early writings...) and the funds would go to the Haven Foundation...

@Herbs : is there a particular reason why Steve did send you a copy of that story??

This is Jason Manza aka Herbswhere. I had to create a new user account/username because of issues with my account. Its the second time its happened. (Please do not hack into my accounts)... Mr. King sent me this item when I was doing a research paper in my English class : I chose to write Good Vs. Evil In Stephen King Novels. And during that time I was writing to him and he would write back, keeping each other informed of our basketball season for the Woodland Dragons... This was before the internet. He did inform me of the library and using my own good sense. Which is why I'm stopping the auction and putting a set price on it as soon as eBay's special accounts dept. can. I'm no longer obligated to sell The Star Invaders in the current auction and a new item # is currently in the works. I will repost the new item # as soon as allowed by eBay. All I can say is that I'm lucky. Lucky that I asked for that particular story; not realizing how rare the story was at the time. It just happened I read about it somewhere and thought I could use the storyline in my paper. I would like to think that everyone is happy for me having held on to such an item for so long. Again, its PRICELESS to me because it was a gift, not because of the rarity. But anyone can still help my wish, someone elses dream and yours come true. Thank you. jason.manza@yahoo.com

"I came to a fork in the Road. I said, I'm Lost.> Well what are you trying to find? >I don't know?> Well once you know I will point you in the Right Direction." (That describes best how I've been feeling) I spent the last 6 hours on 5 phone calls with their service depts. and they have it all documented. Its just being reviewed for now. I do have to File A Request; to cancel the winning transaction on the current TSI auction so I won't be charged listing fees. But you are encouraged to bid just as it was a normal auction. I finally understand how much this item really means to me./all of us. I'm gonna get a dollar for every tear I cried since this started. I hope you consider it fair, because I Do. Now I will finally get some sleep. So start spreading the news...(The Star Invaders) are leaving today. (the begin'n was Alice in Wonderlands TtLG) Thank you thank you.

I think that's a great idea about seeing if they would auction off some of their rare items/writings..(Don't settle for a copy when you can have the original) ...He might auction off that Woodland Dragons t-shirt we gave him so 1 of u can get your hands on IT. It has his name on the back and a number and I have a picture of him wearing it. (Has anyone else ever givien anything without expecting something in return.) Try IT. IT feels good. >Tis the season too. As for the situation at hand: I no longer feel pressured to sell. But its still for sale but the buy it now price is a fixed one. Yup, that's right. 675,000 pounds = $433,687.50. You see we are limited by our imagination. Whatever I imagine already exists. I simply can't imagine anything unless it exists already, because when you imagine something you are tuning into a particular frequency, and if it didn't exist I couldn't tune in-tu-IT. That's why I needed someone else's help (imagination) and we all saw what he said he dreamt. - (I sleep hard, I DREAM HARDER).

thegreattim
12-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Wait, I'm confused. You seriously want a half-million for your copy? And isn't the pound sterling worth MORE than the US dollar? So shouldn't that be $1,049,895.00? I'm not trying to be mean, I just really want to understand what you are asking for.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Jason, for your information, £675,000 GBP = $1,050,342.30 US

JoesJunk
12-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Jason, for your information, £675,000 GBP = $1,050,342.30 US

Woops my bad... I looked in a newspaper and a pound was worth .6425 I thought IT said. That's what I thought that L with a line through it was and what I did the math with using .6425 x 675000 = 433,687.50... That math is correct. I was wrong. What is that L symbol with the line through it then.

Wait, I'm confused. You seriously want a half-million for your copy? And isn't the pound sterling worth MORE than the US dollar? So shouldn't that be $1,049,895.00? I'm not trying to be mean, I just really want to understand what you are asking for.

I didn't want to do anything that i would end up regretting later. so I'm gonna hold out for a good ONE. I don't need the $ I thought I so desperately needed earlier. I got it for my birthday present (which is this Friday)and my x-mas present from my parents. Im going to visit my brother over seas. As for the price, again, I didn't come up with that number, someone else said it. And besides the difference between you two on the pound is $447.30 if my math is right... I wouldn't step over that if it was laying on the ground you know. So you see. I don't care if I sell this GIFT anymore. I will still have my memories and my happiness. THANK YOU

thegreattim
12-21-2010, 01:15 AM
As for the price, again, I didn't come up with that number, someone else said it. And besides the difference between you two on the pound is $447.30 if my math is right... I wouldn't step over that if it was laying on the ground you know. So you see. I don't care if I sell this GIFT anymore. I will still have my memories and my happiness. THANK YOU

The difference was just an approximation on the exchange rate on my part. As far as the sale goes, I'm happy you don't have to part with it and wish you the best in the future. Happy Birthday.

JoesJunk
12-21-2010, 01:19 AM
I have this ability and I'm going to use IT. I've been given a very special GIFT... Don't Cheat the GIFT. I've grown with IT. It's time to MAXimize IT. Since no other collector has IT... This is LIFE changing for me and YOU. This NOW has become your decision to make. My Decision is Final.

Thank You for the B-day wish. I didn't say I wouldn't part with IT. But now we have a fixed set price that I would be happy with. NO REGRETS. A certain few of you wanted me to put a price on IT. and I wouldn't because none of you would tell me how much it was really worth to you. You can thank the dreamer that dreamed the price. And we'll use my original figures instead of the other ones. I guess if I found the real exchange rate I would've used that instead. Let's all be thankful... But my number is a nice round number.

I used to be a huge sports collectibles collector... over a million cards, thousands of autographs and game used stuff. Enough to fill a shop. Autographed pictures of me with Ted Williams (Boston Red Sox) and even the recently deceased Bob Feller Hall of Fame '62 Indians pitcher. got rid of most of that stuff 8 years ago. I kept what was special to me. All the items I received from Mr. King was never looked at with dollar signs before by me. It would be like keeping a letter from a really good friend because IT/they were special. I guess in my Despair I was curious what the value of these items might bring.

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 05:08 AM

You just got confused?????? I was confused from the git-go!!! LOL LOL LOL

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2010, 05:17 AM

I've been confused from the beginning also. It reminds me of the old song by Donovan. "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is." First this item is listed on eBay, then it isn't, then it's back. Now it is still there but there is no obligation (he says) for the seller to sell but it will be relisted later for half a mil or a mil or some price to be determined.

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 05:20 AM

I've been confused from the beginning also. It reminds me of the old song by Donovan. "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is." First this item is listed on eBay, then it isn't, then it's back. Now it is still there but there is no obligation (he says) for the seller to sell but it will be relisted later for half a mil or a mil or something.

Yup, that about sums it up!!!! Although you left out the aimless rambling!!! LOL

WeDealInLead
12-21-2010, 05:27 AM
All of his posts are weirding me out.

biomieg
12-21-2010, 05:29 AM
And I feel slightly uncomfortable with dreaming up the £675,000.

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2010, 05:29 AM

I've been confused from the beginning also. It reminds me of the old song by Donovan. "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is." First this item is listed on eBay, then it isn't, then it's back. Now it is still there but there is no obligation (he says) for the seller to sell but it will be relisted later for half a mil or a mil or something.

Yup, that about sums it up!!!! Although you left out the aimless rambling!!! LOL

Yes and the "dream sequence" confused me a little too.

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 05:42 AM
One thing that's not confusing is that if he thinks he's gonna get Half a Million Dollars for that item, he is dreaming!!!!

LOL

Tito_Villa
12-21-2010, 05:44 AM
.... or insane!

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Where is the half million dollar listing? I only see one with 13+ hours left at $4,650.00. He's got a little ways to go!!!

:orely:

ELazansky
12-21-2010, 06:13 AM
I believe his reserve is the half million from what I have been trying to piece together

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 06:16 AM
I was really interested to see what it would sell for actually!

No more I guess, as no one is going to bother bidding on something they won't get.

And at $1,000,000+ BIN price its just a waste of listing fees/time.

The number of collectors that can afford even the $20,000+ items (lettered firestarter) are very few, much less something that expensive.

The only one I can think of that could afford something obscenely expensive would be Mr. Rabbit Trick, and even he couldn't (?) afford it at that price, much less want it. I think he said he'd pay $100,000 for the ORIGINAL copy.

I think you probably could have gotten $10,000 - $12,000 for your photocopy, maybe more if Bob and Alan got into a bidding war!

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Where is the half million dollar listing? I only see one with 13+ hours left at $4,650.00. He's got a little ways to go!!!

:orely:

I think its a listing that will exist in the future. Or a listing in a dream.

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2010, 06:27 AM
I think you probably could have gotten $10,000 - $12,000 for your photocopy, maybe more if Bob and Alan got into a bidding war!

Not THIS Bob. I've never had much interest in photocopied material. To me photocopies are not worth much more than the cost of the paper. In this case (inscribed by King and no other KNOWN copies) it is worth more, IMO. I initially offered $1500 and, even now, think that is too much. If I were the seller and wanted to sell I would gladly take the current bid of $4000+ and be secure in the knowledge that the buyer is overpaying.

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 06:34 AM

Not THIS Bob. I've never had much interest in photocopied material. To me photocopies are not worth much more than the cost of the paper. In this case (inscribed by King and no other KNOWN copies) it is worth more, IMO. I initially offered $1500 and, even now, think that is too much. If I were the seller and wanted to sell I would gladly take the current bid of $4000+ and be secure in the knowledge that the buyer is overpaying.

Yah I know you had mentioned not having any interest in photocopies, but I figured the only known copy part would make you sing a different tune! Guess I was wrong!

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 06:36 AM
There is no BIN on the listing and unless its also listed on Ebay UK that's the only open listing. A reserve of $500k, now that's PRICELESS!!!!

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 06:41 AM
There is no BIN on the listing and unless its also listed on Ebay UK that's the only open listing. A reserve of $500k, now that's PRICELESS!!!!

I think what he is saying is that he is in the process of removing the current listing. Once that is done, he will be re-listing it with an extremely high BIN.

Randall Flagg
12-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Sorry, but this guy is erratic. I wouldn't buy anything from him.

Tito_Villa
12-21-2010, 06:44 AM

Sounds about right to me!

Merlin1958
12-21-2010, 06:45 AM

I think what he is saying is that he is in the process of removing the current listing. Once that is done, he will be re-listing it with an extremely high BIN.

Ahh OK my bad. I guess I get it now (sorta) Well Best of Luck to him!!!

Room 217 Caretaker
12-21-2010, 06:56 AM

I have to agree with that statement.

It sounds like he is just trying to find out the real value of it. What he doesn't understand, the value is only what someone else is willing to pay. He should be happy with his high bidder offer and take it.

Mulleins

agrabin
12-21-2010, 06:58 AM
I have a S/L Skeleton Crew #675/1000 for sale or exchange.

It has 2 faults however and I'll explain as well as I can what they are:

1. At the back of the book, 2 of the pages before the signature page(s) have separated along the length of the page block...from being opened too enthusiastically maybe.

2. There is a ripple across the spine of the book at the top, where the name KING is printed, which runs on to the back cover.

The jacket and slipcase are undamaged so I'm guessing this happened at either the printer's or the publisher's prior to shipping.

I bought this copy in good faith and was disappointed to discover the page separation but didn't see the fault on the spine until I took the book out recently to photograph it.
I'm very fussy and although I've had it for sometime now this is the first I've noticed the ripple. Obviously the book is not perfect but it is still one of my favourite S/L's and at the right price I'm sure someone could live with it. The dustjacket and slipcase are fine and the book looks great on the shelf. Of course it will be well discounted, so if anyone is seriously interested please contact me with your email address and I'll send the photographs so can see for yourself. I've tried to be as honest as I can so there is no misunderstanding but even with the faults this is a superb book.

If you've always wanted a S/L Skeleton Crew but couldn't, or wouldn't, go to the $800 which seems to be about what the asking price is at present, this is a great chance to get one at a knockdown price.

I will also be more than happy to consider an exchange - for an SK book(s) - so if you have any doubles, or just something you want to move on, I would like to hear from you.

Shipping will be from the UK so please keep that in mind - I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Thanks
Alex

SOLD

herbertwest
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I am confused : is he REALLY selling it at ~600K??

The number of people that could afford it would be REALLY restricted... and among those, how many are collecting King?
I would see Frank Darabont that COULD maybe afford it, but he could probably read it directly from Stevie...

EVEN the scarce 1st printed dustjacket of Salem's Lot, was going at 100K and i dont even know if it sold...

jhanic
12-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Maybe if he finds some idiot with more money than brains.

John

thegreattim
12-21-2010, 08:26 AM

I have to agree with that statement.

It sounds like he is just trying to find out the real value of it. What he doesn't understand, the value is only what someone else is willing to pay. He should be happy with his high bidder offer and take it.

Mulleins

Agreed^3

It appears this whole time we just feeding the trolls?

Ricky
12-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Add me to the list of people who are totally confused by this guy's rambling. Personally, I wouldn't pay anything for a copy. If I hadn't read it, I'd read it then toss it. To me, it has obsolutely no monetary value, only sentimental (for the seller).

Rahfa
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Ah...it's just rambling on a message board...isn't that what it's for? Haha...

But yeah...a million $$? Um....no. Like Bob said, even at $4K, the "winner" of that auction was already overpaying.

wizardsrainbow
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I know who is currently the high bidder on that Star Invaders item and frankly I am a little surprised by their bid being so high.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I know who is currently the high bidder on that Star Invaders item and frankly I am a little surprised by their bid being so high.

I think we all know it's Chris with the highest bid, but it's John Scheidegger's daft bidding that gets me.

turtlex
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Just kind of wondering ... what the heck is the listing fee on an item with that high a BIN price?

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Just kind of wondering ... what the heck is the listing fee on an item with that high a BIN price?

I just checked, and apparently its only $0.50 for any BIN.

Either way, its a waste of money to list it at an absurd price.

turtlex
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM

I just checked, and apparently its only $0.50 for any BIN.

Either way, its a waste of money to list it at an absurd price.

Yes, I agree completely.

herbertwest
12-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I wonder what he was expecting to get for the letters and other "proofs" of the letter.. After all, he decided to sell them appart... Also wondering if Steve/ Marsha are aware that he's trying to sell this...

I bet that even a publisher that would really want to get this story published, could offer a nice amount of money to Steve (giving it to the Haven Foundation if wanted) for well less that this $600K.. that's just being silly...

Ari_Racing
12-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Marsha is aware of the publication of this item.

Brice
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
I wish King would publish this JUST to keep this clown from making a ridiculous amount of money. At this point this guy's made a mockery of this auction/sale/whatever. I wouldn't give him a dollar although I'd love to read the story. I realize saying this might mean I'm an asshole. I'm okay with that.

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I wish King would publish this JUST to keep this clown from making a ridiculous amount of money. At this point this guy's made a mockery of this auction/sale/whatever. I wouldn't give him a dollar although I'd love to read the story. I realize saying this might mean I'm an asshole. I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't worry - he'll never get more than he would in the auction.

And especially now, if it is ever listed again most knowledgeable bidders will stay away.

Bev Vincent
12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
See this thread (http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php/14779-The-Star-Invaders?highlight=star+invaders) on King's MB

Ben Mears
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM
So SK does a nice thing for this guy 16 years ago and now he's (as clumsily and amatuerishly as can be) trying to profit from a good deed. No wonder he is so conflicted about autgraphs, signed edition, and the like.

Rahfa
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeesh, people getting a little harsh...

I mean, the guy's not going to sell the item, anyway...so it's not really that big a deal. He obviously doesn't know how Ebay works, or selling, and he got enough feedback so he THINKS he's got a million-dollar item. Just like buyers have irrational exuberance, so do sellers.

It's right, though, it WAS 16 years ago...so is the guy supposed to be buried with it? I sold Chris Chesley's copies of The Plant awhile back (that I didn't get from him), so Chesley sold them at some point and he's one of SK's best friends!

I'm not going to bat for the guy....I don't really care...but like Ben Mears said, he's just blundering along so it's hard to take any of this very seriously...

Patrick
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Just caught up on this thread.

Just caught up on King's MB thread (thanks, Bev.)

I take issue with the negative implications in the comment over there referencing the members of this site that, "None of the BIG collectors would tell me what it was worth but wanted me to put a fixed price on IT."

Nobody really knows what it is worth - it is a unique item for which there is no pre-existing market. The only way to truly find the value at a point in time is to put it up for auction and see how it plays out.

That aside, this has been an interesting peek (for which I am grateful) into some unique collectibles. Glad you get to keep them, Jason, as they are meaningful to you on a personal level - we can all respect that. Sorry though that you had to go through all this hoopla before arriving at that conclusion for yourself.

Rahfa
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I take issue with the negative implications in the comment over there referencing the members of this site that, "None of the BIG collectors would tell me what it was worth but wanted me to put a fixed price on IT."

Nobody really knows what it is worth - it is a unique item for which there is no pre-existing market. The only way to truly find the value at a point in time is to put it up for auction and see how it plays out.

I agree with that 100 percent...it's not a collector's job to give out that knowledge for free! Appraisal services are lucrative and expensive.

It's his item...he can set his own price, which he did - a million dollars, and there were no buyers! Haha...

Randall Flagg
12-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I think it all makes for good message board chatter-except perhaps for numerous incoherant posts in row....Oh wait. that is what makes it intersting:P (actually a bit sad ) As far as selling the item, I say more power to him, King gave it to him, it is now his to do with as he pleases. Perhaps trying to withdraw the Ebay ad shows him to be naive, but just as there are folks deriding him, there are collectors scrambling behind the scenes to obtain the item-of course as cheap as possible.

Ari_Racing
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
It's right, though, it WAS 16 years ago...so is the guy supposed to be buried with it? I sold Chris Chesley's copies of The Plant awhile back (that I didn't get from him), so Chesley sold them at some point and he's one of SK's best friends!

My thoughts exactly. Besides, if the seller was selling photocopies of the story for 100 dls and by this moment he'd have sold 40 copies, I doubt there were complains about the profit he'd have made.

Again...even when I think the reserve mentioned is too high, that's up to the seller. Not long ago, a 1st number of Superman comic sold for 1M...

The only risk for the seller at this point is that the story becomes public at some point in the future (like many old King stories have, like People, places and things. Vol 1, The Cannibals and others). I don't think that will happen for now, but I've been wrong before (Jim Gordon's quote from Batman Begins :) )

Ben Mears
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Based om Marsha's comments on the SKMB it doesn't appear that she (and I'm guessing SK) have/had a problem with the auction. Still a very strange and awkward exercise.

Rahfa
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
My thoughts exactly. Besides, if the seller was selling photocopies of the story for 100 dls and by this moment he'd have sold 40 copies, I doubt there were complains about the profit he'd have made.

Um...no, I would have complained...but it wouldn't have mattered, because he would have been sued into a pauper's grave for mammoth copyright infringement.

But, to his credit, he recognized that on the SK Forum....you can't make copies...you can only sell the original.

e_taylor
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Based om Marsha's comments on the SKMB it doesn't appear that she (and I'm guessing SK) have/had a problem with the auction. Still a very strange and awkward exercise.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him selling the item.

I think the confusion/annoyance is from listing the item, then removing it, relisting it, attempting to remove it and then placing an insane value on it.

That and the incoherent posts in this thread.

Other than that, its his item to do whatever he wishes with.

Ari_Racing
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Alright, some might have complained...but still, I bet that he'd have sold several copies before the auction would have been pulled off. Here photocopies are illegal as well, but that doesn't prevent 'em from appearing for sale sometimes.

Ari_Racing
12-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I think the confusion/annoyance is from listing the item, then removing it, relisting it, attempting to remove it and then placing an insane value on it.

And the frustration of not being able to buy it, when this story appears for sale for the first time. I mean...I think all thought at first "Finally I'll be able to read this fucking story!". I know I did.

Patrick
12-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Even it it were legal, I don't think you could sell 40 photocopies for a $100 each anyway. You'd sell a couple, then those buyers would undercut you selling by selling copies of their copies for $75 each, and those buyers would undercut everyone by selling for $25 and so one until pretty soon copies would be circulating for free as gifts to friends.

Ari_Racing
12-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah...maybe 40 is too much. :) But 20 I think it might be sold in a day.

Brice
12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
My comments were not based on him selling his item at any price he chooses, but more about the absurd sideshow act.

Randall Flagg
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm sure he will weigh in here............sometime after 2am.

Patrick
12-21-2010, 05:48 PM
The eBay auction is up to $5,100 the last time I looked.

Herbswhere
12-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Buy IT Now... Item # 270683113039. Thank You JM

jhanic
12-21-2010, 07:05 PM
You don't have a reserve set!!

John

thegreattim
12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Haha, now I can say I'm in the lead on a "no reserve", "no BIN" auction for the most RARE ITEM IN THE HISTORY OF THE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE!

I fully expect to win and own this item before year's end. :ninja: You guys can come over and look at it for $10 a piece.

carlosdetweiller
12-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I predict the item will be pulled and relisted at least twice before tomorrow morning. After that, who knows?

Herbswhere
12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I understand that. If the Buy It Now is Not Met - IT will NOT be Sold. This is a case of one of their special exceptions given. The auction attention IT gets just brings them more shoppers and EYES. There wasn't a (Reserve Price) option given to me by the Credit Limit Extension Dept. to fill in. Thanks for pointing that out. They may beable to fix that on their end, and that should've been an option for me to answer. But my reserve price is also $220,000. Who has this on their wish list from SANTA? Thank You.

east-tennessee
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
No One.

Herbswhere
12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Here's the 1st relisting and I predict the Final... Item # 270683148259 Buy IT now is the only option. They relisted IT on their computers for me on their end when it was relisted the last time and their error. All I did was give them the price. Again, Thank you for pointing that out. I've spent more time on a computer the last 2 weeks than the last 10 years combined. I'm not computer savvy to say. I prefer the ol' typewritter and pen and ink any day. Thanks again.

east-tennessee
12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
If you were a true SK fan you would just keep the piece and put it away....pass it down to you kids ect..
Everyone falls on hard times, but you were gifted the piece, it's not like you spent a fortune for it and need to get your money back!
Just move on and look at your financial situation as if you never had the piece, thats how I would approach it....
Trying to sell it just says to me (that your not a dedicated SK fan as we all are here)..................................
Good Luck....
Happy Holidays..

Brian..

Rahfa
12-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Well...if somebody gave me $220,000, I would happily sign a contract to never read another SK book for the rest of my life, so I'm not sure "true fan" comes into play when you're talking about this much money...a new house, or some photocopied pages?

Uh...I'll probably not choose the photocopies.

Having said that, this item is not selling for $220,000, or $22,000...I suppose $2200, maybe $4400....So, Jason, you've a got a great, unique item, and at the end of this auction you will STILL have a great, unique item...hard to complain about that!

Jimimck
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I have to agree, that you can't judge someone being a "true fan" or not based on their decision to sell something so unique. One could argue that he was such a true fan, he managed to acquire the item in the first place when none of us did....

divemaster
12-22-2010, 04:50 AM
It's unfair to determine who is or is not a "true fan" based on what part of their collection they'd be willing to sell.

Having said that, I think we know the monetary value of this piece. It's about $5,000. That about the price the open-auction reached. Any delusions of 6-figure windfalls are just that--delusions. Of course, the sentimental value of the piece can be "priceless" if that's what one thinks of it. The problem is that some sellers expect other people to pay monetary value for the seller's sentiments.

This guy trying to sell his photocopy does not bother me. Like some others here, a photocopy of anything holds no appeal for me. I might pay $20 for it. Obviously, someone else is willing to pay $5K. To each his own. What does concern me is all the other stuff in this guy's posts. He appears to be mentally ill or something, or at least out of touch with reality (as further evidence by the BIN listing).

Ben Mears
12-22-2010, 05:25 AM
With his erratic postings and lack of eBay track record (zero ratings) I would be very wary of doing any kind of business with this person, let alone spending thousands of dollars. Imagine the countless rambling, incoherent emails the winning bidder would receive detailing why the Star Invaders has yet to be shippped!

east-tennessee
12-22-2010, 05:26 AM
I guess my point is that hes not going to sell it for 6 figures, 2-$5,000 possiblly, which to me is not a life changing amout, so why even sell it ?
If your a fan and collect his works why sell something like that piece which you could probly nevr get back...
I did'nt mean to judge anyone just giving my opinion.

Brian..

herbertwest
12-22-2010, 06:39 AM
So, now the BIN price is not anymore $600K but $220? Is that right? I thought that it would be put aside for another 16 years?
I dont understand anything anymore...

biomieg
12-22-2010, 07:09 AM
No, the BIN is $220K: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Star-Invaders-signed-copy-he-sent-me-/270683148259?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f05f90fe3

I'm sure mr. Manza means well but in my opinion, he has made things needlessly complex (for himself and for potential buyers).

turtlex
12-22-2010, 07:21 AM
No, the BIN is $220K: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Star-Invaders-signed-copy-he-sent-me-/270683148259?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f05f90fe3

I'm sure mr. Manza means well but in my opinion, he has made things needlessly complex (for himself and for potential buyers).

M - Yes, exactly. And honestly, much more confusing.

I wonder, too ... if the winner decides to make photo-copies themselves, how much would those be worth?

I'm kidding !!! Sincerely, I'm kidding.

different_seasons
12-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Wonder if he'll take a check?

turtlex
12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Wonder if he'll take a check?

He'd probably prefer a photocopy of a check.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-22-2010, 08:18 AM
No collector would ever make copies of this piece. Why bring down the value of the item you just paid for?
The point most people seem to have missed is the letter from King, not just the story. This signed letter says that this "copy" has been made officially and is the guys to keep.
The story is copyrighted and the copyright still has 80 years to run. See thread on SKMB. (King's lawyers are always watching.)

Herbswhere
12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
(The Stephen King Story by Beahm, George, 1992) > this comes from my English term paper: "King's next literary feat was a 3000 word short story called "The Star Invaders." The two part tale was designed to be a book. It was published on his own mimeographed machine. Only one copy survives today, owned by King (pg. 32). I guess that's my reason I asked him...We all had the opportunity to ask then; DID YOU?Thank you.

Herbswhere
12-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Those of you who had no interest in IT > I got you to feel, to have an opinion. The price is debateable -There's no exact answer to IT. I've never received so much attention. It's great that there's a discussion and it's great people are talking about something that interests them. For some people who don't normally have an opinion about things... to then start saying theres something NEGATIVE about IT or I don't deserve this....APPRECIATE IT FOR WHAT IT IS... You don't have to have an opinion about everything. If you're judging someone else, IT means there is a part of you that wants to have or be the very thing that you're judging. You'll move past this by going for what YOU want instead of criticizing those who have IT. You can take the HIgh road - or- You can take the low road. Thank You.

WeDealInLead
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Uhmm... what?

Tito_Villa
12-22-2010, 10:06 AM
I think IT is a fruitcake!

Merlin1958
12-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Is this guy a descendant of Gollum!! IT = "My Precious"

One thing I noticed about this whole mess is that no one seems to be concerned with the "Condition" of the item. I mean the Pic is only of the letter and not very good and it has been, by the seller's own claim "Living in a VAN down by the river" for a while at least!!! LOL LOL

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Rahfa
12-22-2010, 11:20 AM
No collector would ever make copies of this piece. Why bring down the value of the item you just paid for?
The point most people seem to have missed is the letter from King, not just the story. This signed letter says that this "copy" has been made officially and is the guys to keep.
The story is copyrighted and the copyright still has 80 years to run. See thread on SKMB. (King's lawyers are always watching.)

Exactly right.

In fact, if it was NOT signed, it would be hard, maybe impossible to sell as a photocopy.

I would assume that this is not 100 percent unique...I bet there's a handful of other copies floating around, although since we've never seen one for sale, not many.

I don't know...thinking about it, I think it's worth at least what a set of The Plant is worth - around $8K. It's far more limited, it can only be obtained through an association copy, so it's sort of the same thing.

Betts has been selling a few unique handwritten items (a Bruce Springsteen essay for $5K comes to mind), but haven't actually been sold, so that tells me a little bit about the market for this as well.

e_taylor
12-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Even the current listing has some problems for that matter.

It says that it looks the same as if you bought it for 20 cents in 1964, which is untrue. It looks that same as if it were PHOTOCOPIED in 1964.

And then the comparison to the baseball card that sold for $220,000 is absurd. There may be only 60 of that card, but the one that sold wasn't a photocopy of the card.

This whole debacle has been confusing to say the least. He should have figured out if he wanted to sell it or not first, and then stuck with his decision.

Merlin1958
12-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey you folks may enjoy this. It was a "Things others are watching choice on "IT"s listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-John-Carpenter-Christine-1958-Plymouth_W0QQitemZ300467382926QQcategoryZ32988QQcm dZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW% 26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid% 3D5834494607121770603

Kinda neat and the listing was well done I thought. Last minute stocking stuffer for the "Collector" that has everything!!! LOL

Rahfa
12-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, the fact that it's a photocopy can't be helped, so that's actually NOT an issue with it's value (again, were it not signed, it would be). Nothing exists of this story except the one original and as many copies of that "master copy" as SK wants to personally make, which apparently hasn't been that many. Even if he printed the story in a limited form, this copy is from the original 1964 document - an "artist proof" if you will.

Unless SK personally flooded the market with photocopies it will still remain scarce - and the signature would make this one more unique and valuable than any of those would be.

But yes, confusing to say the least...I think I said before, it was a case of a seller's irrational exuberance.

sleeplessdwarf
12-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Im trying to avoid putting my signed Insomnia on Ebay. Last time it was for sale I had a few pms asking about shipping over seas. I would rather it go to someone here as I do not really want to part with it. Pls pm if you are interested.

Ricky
12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm selling a photocopy of the title page on one of my signed SK books. If anyone is interested in IT, let me know. Asking price is. $3,500,000. ONE OF A KIND. ONLY COPY EVER.

Jimimck
12-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Lets just say he drops the price to something someone may actually prepared to pay for it, whats to stop him taking a sneaky copy of it before sending it to the new buyer???
(yes I know the true legal implications, but if he did it for the sole purpose of keeping a copy for himself and shut up about it, he could get away with it quite easily....)

PS I resisted capitilising "it" as I think that it detracts from the brilliance that is King's novel....

Rahfa
12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Lets just say he drops the price to something someone may actually prepared to pay for it, whats to stop him taking a sneaky copy of it before sending it to the new buyer???
(yes I know the true legal implications, but if he did it for the sole purpose of keeping a copy for himself and shut up about it, he could get away with it quite easily....)

PS I resisted capitilising "it" as I think that it detracts from the brilliance that is King's novel....

Nothing would stop him....be the first thing I'd do if it were mine. But, if someone (or him) tried to sell it later with a photocopied signature, then it's a copyright problem as you mentioned.

Merlin1958
12-22-2010, 03:29 PM

The lets just go with "My Precious" from here on in!!!! LOL He talks about "it" like Gollum talking about the one ring!!! LOL