PDA

View Full Version : I found it!!! thedarktower.net web-archived

John_and_Yoko
11-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Please feel free to move this thread if necessary (though I hope it won't have to be deleted).

I found thedarktower.net via wikipedia, which has a link to the web-archived version of the site! :D

Here's the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070202024609/www.thedarktower.net/

It's all there--INCLUDING the differences between the two versions of The Gunslinger!

Wuducynn
11-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Sad, I wish Josh had just been straight with all of us at the end, instead of just dropping off the face of the internets like he did. At first it was "Oh everything will be back up and cool again" and then *poof* no more .Net at all.
Great find. It's nice to see it again, even if it is just in a saved format.

John_and_Yoko
11-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Sad, I wish Josh had just been straight with all of us at the end, instead of just dropping off the face of the internets like he did. At first it was "Oh everything will be back up and cool again" and then *poof* no more .Net at all.
Great find. It's nice to see it again, even if it is just in a saved format.

It really is--I used to have it bookmarked (now I have THIS one bookmarked).

And after reading some of the other threads that were talking about the differences between the two versions of The Gunslinger, that was the first thing I looked at when I found that site. Pretty interesting. :)

Brice
11-27-2008, 03:09 AM
It's cool that you found it. I've been using the archived version here since .net went down. It's not all there though. If you click some threads/links you get a not in archive message.

turtlex
11-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Please feel free to move this thread if necessary (though I hope it won't have to be deleted).

I found thedarktower.net via wikipedia, which has a link to the web-archived version of the site! :D

Here's the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070202024609/www.thedarktower.net/

It's all there--INCLUDING the differences between the two versions of The Gunslinger!

Nice find, JandY - I was just talking to my girl about the differences between the Gunslinger editions and couldn't give exact info.... now - I can link her up. Thanks !

Jean
11-27-2008, 03:49 AM
It's not all there though. If you click some threads/links you get a not in archive message.
The most important ones are not there.

Brice
11-27-2008, 03:51 AM
To a large degree that's true. It's still cool that there is something, but alot of the site isn't there. :(

pickle
11-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Did anyone ever download the full version of the "Map of Roland's Quest for the Dark Tower" from the ,net site?

Im am desperate for a copy of it.

razz
11-27-2008, 06:09 AM
well it looks like it was a fun site. I see that Liz was one of the last to post.
shame i missed out, but I'm glad I got onto this site :)
Hey Matt, if you have to shutdown this site, are you going to say you're moving to a new server then just close on us?
btw this kinda cracks me up, but before it fell off the map, when you went to the site it said "Blaine is moving us to a new dedicated server. We promise he won't commit suicide". Guess what he did :P

Brice
11-27-2008, 06:18 AM
well it looks like it was a fun site. I see that Liz was one of the last to post.

It was a fun site for a long time. Lots of good memories. We have a great site here now though. :dance:

shame i missed out, but I'm glad I got onto this site :)
Hey Matt, if you have to shutdown this site, are you going to say you're moving to a new server then just close on us?

I'll take the liberty of answering this officially: not a motherfuckin' chance of it.

btw this kinda cracks me up, but before it fell off the map, when you went to the site it said "Blaine is moving us to a new dedicated server. We promise he won't commit suicide". Guess what he did :P

I know, right. :lol:

fernandito
11-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Memories...

ladysai
11-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I'll take the liberty of answering this officially: not a motherfuckin' chance of it.

You have such a way with words, dear. :lol:

alinda
11-27-2008, 09:43 AM
:cry: It used to break my heart when .net went down...
not anymore because we are so much better !!
I love www.thedarktower.org more than I can express in words.:D

Randall Flagg
11-27-2008, 10:16 AM

I am going to put this in The Clearing. It will be available for viewing but not posting.
Since it is a holiday (Stateside), I will leave a 2 day redirect.