PDA

View Full Version : The Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

wizardsrainbow
11-13-2008, 11:20 AM
It's finally been announced just now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cover Image:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2659/lsoelefullgp5.jpg

Welcome to issue #56 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

13 November 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

Please read this all the way through. After we sent last weeks Newsletter we received a number of emails asking questions, the answers to which were in the Newsletter itself.

Yesterday we mailed our new flyer accepting advance orders on THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA.

As the book is still not bound and the tray cases and slipcases are not yet made we hope to be able to begin shipping orders on December 15 but can’t make any promises.

The books have 13 full color plates and many black and white illustrations by Michael Whelan and is released in 2 editions.

ARTIST EDITION:

There are 4,000 numbered copies signed by Michael Whelan which are issued in a foil stamped slipcase. Retail price is $95.00 plus shipping and we are initially reserving the first 1,500 num- bers for people who hold a matching number of THE DARK  TOWER VII.

We expect that this will be a sufficent number to allow people to order more than one copy but we reserve the right to limit the number in any order to ensure that as many of our customers who want to buy a copy can if we receive more orders than we have copies.

Michael told us that he did drawings on 30 - 50 of the signature pages when he was signing them and we have no idea which numbered copies they ended up in. He sent us photos of two of them and they are posted on our web site. If you receive one of these be aware that the value of these books are probably in excess of $1,000 as copies of the Artist Edition of THE DARK  TOWER VII in which Michael made similar drawings sold on ebay or to collectors for over $1,200 each. I expect that most of these copies will remain undiscovered for years as many collec- tors never take the shrink wrap off their books.

DELUXE EDITION

There are 1,250 numbered copies signed by both Stephen King and Michael Whelan which are issued in a fully enclosing foil stamped clamshell tray case. It has a different binding material than the Artist Edition and also has a ribbon bound in. The retail price is $300.

As usual there is a much greater demand for our Limited Editions than copies available, so in keeping with our policy of supporting our long time customers the S&N Deluxe Edition can be ordered only by those who have a S&N The Dark Tower VII (you must still own it when we ship The Little Sisters of Eluria or your order will be cancelled). We will then do a lottery drawing for remaining available copies but as we expect there to be very few copies available the lottery will be restricted to owners of Numbered DT VII above 1250.

LOTTERY: Send us a POSTCARD (NOT an email or letter) which reads:
“Please put me in the lottery to purchase a copy of the signed & numbered Deluxe The Little Sisters of Eluria. I have # ____ of The Dark Tower VII.” Include your name, address, phone number, and if you wish, email address.
REMEMBER, only send in ONE post card. If we receive more than one request from anyone we will throw them ALL away. We want everyone to have an equal chance.

TO ORDER ON-LINE GO TO
:
https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-1-lsoe.html

ORDER CONFIRMATION

If you send a check and the check is cashed we have received your ordr. If you sent an order via our website you will receive as confirmationan an email titled “RE WWW Form Submission”. As we expect to receive 1,500 or more email orders within 24 hours of sending this Newsletter you may not receive your confirmation for several weeks. If you call or email us this will only delay getting orders ready.

We have a small staff and will be hiring extra help but it will take time to process orders, especially for people expecting a specific numbered copy. We appreciate your patience.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to our email newsletter.

We will send out another Newsletter when we know when ship- ping will begin.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

tamez
11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
thanks for posting this
and good luck to Nerak
i know she will need it :huglove:

Aaron
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I need to check my Artist's Edition of DTVII. I didnt even realize they were numbered. :lol:

wizardsrainbow
11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
I need to check my Artist's Edition of DTVII. I didnt even realize they were numbered. :lol:

Aaron-

They were NOT numbered (AE of DT VII). The LSOE AEs are numbered 1-4000 so those that own the S/L DT VII can get their same number of the S/L LSOE AND the same number AE LSOE. Does that make sense?

jhanic
11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
The Artist's Editions of the last three DT books were not numbered. I think they are making this edition different because they are printing only 1250 deluxe copies instead of the 1500 ones done for DT VII, thus leaving #1251-1500 without a deluxe. This way, those owners can at least get a numbered copy to match their deluxe one. (I have #1273, so I'm one of them!)

John

Aaron
11-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Gotcha. I knew I had never seen a number in there. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy.

tamez
11-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Gotcha. I knew I had never seen a number in there. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy.

oh, but you are, you ARE!

Sir_Boomme
11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
i'm just glad they did 1250 of them.... my set is 1136 - so i should get a matching S/L and an artist edition ( plus i ordered an extra artist to try to double my chances of getting one of the whelan originals.)

Aaron
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM

oh, but you are, you ARE!

true:evil:

Nerak
11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I am not answering any emails tomorrow! LOL I have orders that are waiting to go out. So if anyone if waiting for an answer, it will have to wait til next week.

turtlex
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Flipping I blinked and left work for home and get here and BANG !!!

Whoowhooo!!!