PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89

St. Troy
04-26-2022, 07:26 PM
...and now his son, too...

Wait; what?

bdwyer19
04-27-2022, 04:17 AM
Yeah, Richard promoted Billy Chizmar’s Patreon page (along with his and Brian’s pages) yesterday in an email about getting CD store credit. How CD operates now is just ridiculous.

MLG
04-27-2022, 07:24 AM
Yeah, Richard promoted Billy Chizmar’s Patreon page (along with his and Brian’s pages) yesterday in an email about getting CD store credit. How CD operates now is just ridiculous.

Not sure where this was promoted but I am a member of Brian's Patreon and get CD emails and I have heard nothing of this.

webstar1000
04-27-2022, 07:32 AM
ANYONE HERE slamming this would 1000% be there trying to help their boy too make it. ESPECIALLY when its something you both have a passion for AND NOT TO MENTION you have an avenue to help him. Arguably the BEST avenue. Just my two cents but if it was my son I'd be doing all I could to help him the best I could. I think its safe to say... everyone on this thread would.

bdwyer19
04-27-2022, 07:34 AM
It was in an email yesterday. I deleted it so I can’t pull up the contents, but yeah, it was all about getting a CD credit if you subscribe to any of the three patreons.

bdwyer19
04-27-2022, 07:35 AM
Kris - I think everyone is just tired of the constant pushing of Richard’s, and now Billy’s, books.

webstar1000
04-27-2022, 08:10 AM
Kris - I think everyone is just tired of the constant pushing of Richard’s, and now Billy’s, books.

I know but CAN you blame him? Its his son. WE would all do the same brother.

MLG
04-27-2022, 08:56 AM
It was in an email yesterday. I deleted it so I can’t pull up the contents, but yeah, it was all about getting a CD credit if you subscribe to any of the three patreons.

Do you recall if the email came from CDCC, CD or Richard himself? I received nothing from any of them yesterday and have checked spam. You also mention three Patreons? I am a member of Brian's and am aware of Billy's. What is the third?

RichardX
04-27-2022, 09:15 AM

I think the frustration is mostly at the incredible delays in releasing many books. Some that reach back for a decade. CD should be doing nothing else until that backlog is addressed. It's an insult to customers to expect them to wait years for books while they take on new projects.

cit74
04-27-2022, 09:28 AM
I am sorry - but like many others here I have several books waiting - 11 on last check - the oldest were ordered back in 2015. That is fine if you would like to promote yourself or your son - but I think we would all take it better if they were only 1-2 years behind on books...not 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 years behind. That is absurd for a company to function - and not eventually go out of business. Right now - until said books show up - they are treated like lost purchases I have made. I have severely (as many others probably have as well) decreased any purchases I have made through CD in the past 2-3 years - which again is not good for their business. And yes I can blame him - since this seems to have superceeded actually getting a product out the door to the actual customers. At times these emails are worse than the spam calls I get on a daily basis.

bdwyer19
04-27-2022, 09:41 AM
Found the email from CD. It was for Billy’s and Brian’s Patreon. Not Richard’s.

If you've been on the fence about Billy Chizmar and Brian James Freeman's Patreon projects, today we have the ultimate special offer to help you make the jump!

If you sign up before the end of the month at ANY tier for either of these terrific authors, or if you sign-up for BOTH of them, we will reimburse you for your full first month's fee in the form of a Cemetery Dance Gift Certificate! These never expire and can be used for anything, so you have nothing to lose!

* Even better, if you join Billy Chizmar's Patreon at the $5 tier or higher today, you'll still qualify for Billy's very first Patreon exclusive chapbook, a special collaboration with Richard Chizmar! Read more here before time runs out:

https://www.patreon.com/whchizmar/

Brian James Freeman's next exclusive Patreon chapbook has *something* to do with Stephen King's books and stories and this is also the last month to qualify for a copy, so now is the perfect time to sign up:

https://www.patreon.com/BrianJamesFreeman/

Remember: you can sign up for BOTH of them and receive a Gift Certificate for your full first month's fee for BOTH of them![\QUOTE]

The Gift Certificates will be issued in May because of the logistics involved.

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Ricky
04-27-2022, 12:36 PM

This. I have no problem with a successful family member trying to help and support one of their own, but it's in poor taste to constantly push new things (whether it's Richard's, his son's, or whoever else) when CD has such an enormous backlog of books that haven't been released. It just leaves a poor taste in my mouth when they've had our money for pre-ordered books for years and we're asked to fork over more to support new projects.

Needless to say, Brian, Dan, and Mindy are all fantastic and my venting has nothing to do with them.

MLG
04-27-2022, 03:21 PM

If you've been on the fence about Billy Chizmar and Brian James Freeman's Patreon projects, today we have the ultimate special offer to help you make the jump!

If you sign up before the end of the month at ANY tier for either of these terrific authors, or if you sign-up for BOTH of them, we will reimburse you for your full first month's fee in the form of a Cemetery Dance Gift Certificate! These never expire and can be used for anything, so you have nothing to lose!

* Even better, if you join Billy Chizmar's Patreon at the $5 tier or higher today, you'll still qualify for Billy's very first Patreon exclusive chapbook, a special collaboration with Richard Chizmar! Read more here before time runs out:

Brian James Freeman's next exclusive Patreon chapbook has *something* to do with Stephen King's books and stories and this is also the last month to qualify for a copy, so now is the perfect time to sign up:

Remember: you can sign up for BOTH of them and receive a Gift Certificate for your full first month's fee for BOTH of them![\QUOTE]

Thank you. I wonder how they selected the distribution list as I did not receive this.

Br!an
04-27-2022, 04:48 PM

Thank you. I wonder how they selected the distribution list as I did not receive this.

I received the email three separate times. I assume from three different CD lists I'm on.

MLG
04-27-2022, 04:57 PM

I received the email three separate times. I assume from three different CD lists I'm on.

That is what I would have expected as it is generally how these types of offers come to me from CD. It really does not matter as I subscribe to Brian's and have no plan to join Billy's but I am curious as to how I was filtered out of receiving the offer.

Joe315
04-27-2022, 05:14 PM

That is what I would have expected as it is generally how these types of offers come to me from CD. It really does not matter as I subscribe to Brian's and have no plan to join Billy's but I am curious as to how I was filtered out of receiving the offer.

Not sure what service they use but most mass email products have the option to select multiple lists for one mailing so that you can avoid sending the same email multiple times to the same people.

OldCrow88
04-28-2022, 02:33 AM

I think what's making us all grit our teeth is the best way to help your child is to set a good example. I wince that CD is his example of how to run a business.

playdohman
04-28-2022, 07:50 AM
I could care less about emails. They can be ignored and deleted rather easily. I just want the damn books that have been paid for. We will never get any meaningful updates on the Production Page which is the only source of info on the timeline. I am just hoping that they are doing what ever they need to do to keep the doors open to eventually deliver what they owe. At this point it is a long shot and the odds are not in our favor but I still have a sliver of hope.

ICry4Oy
04-28-2022, 08:47 AM
I just hope they can deliver the last two Doubleday years books before I die or they go belly-up. I've already cancelled everything else.

webstar1000
04-28-2022, 08:54 AM
I just hope they can deliver the last two Doubleday years books before I die or they go belly-up. I've already cancelled everything else.

Stand I suspect will be this winter from what I hear.... Then just PEt S to go!

becca69
04-29-2022, 05:08 PM
Will PS Needful Things be offered to those that have been matching the series since the beginning through CD?

TCCBodhi
04-30-2022, 08:39 PM
Have the emails from CD decreased considerably in the last week. The last email that I received was on April 21. Now I certainly don't mind seeing FEWER emails flogging the latest Richard or Billy project, I would still like SOME regularity so I know that I'm still on the list.

Br!an
05-01-2022, 04:28 AM
Have the emails from CD decreased considerably in the last week. The last email that I received was on April 21. Now I certainly don't mind seeing FEWER emails flogging the latest Richard or Billy project, I would still like SOME regularity so I know that I'm still on the list.

My last three were the 21st and then the 26th (x2) not counting CD online emails. That is less than normal.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-01-2022, 05:51 AM
Maybe Elon Musk bought CD.

allasorte
05-01-2022, 06:40 PM
Will PS Needful Things be offered to those that have been matching the series since the beginning through CD?

I would like to know too.

becca69
05-02-2022, 05:40 AM

I would like to know too.

I emailed Mindy but haven't gotten a response.

BigJoeHillfan
05-05-2022, 07:07 PM
I received my copy of CD's Joe Hill's Strange Weather and the slipcase is too wide by about 1/8". The books just fall out when you turn it over. Has anyone else had this problem with the book set? I was not sure whether mine was just off or if others had this problem.

Gina

mmalling
05-05-2022, 07:09 PM
I received my copy of CD's Joe Hill's Strange Weather and the slipcase is too wide by about 1/8". The books just fall out when you turn it over. Has anyone else had this problem with the book set? I was not sure whether mine was just off or if others had this problem.

Gina

Mine is the same. I put broadart covers on them and they fit nicely now!

BigJoeHillfan
05-05-2022, 07:23 PM

Gina

You would think since it took 5 years to get the book published, they would at least get the size of the slipcase right...:arg:

Tony Two-Cent
05-06-2022, 04:50 AM

Did you ever get a response? I'm curious because I sent an email to Mindy on April 26 about my CD orders and I haven't received a response either. That was 10 days ago. I hope everything's OK there.

Br!an
05-06-2022, 05:02 AM

Gina

Same. I'll put covers on them. Otherwise it's very loose. Careful how you carry it!

cit74
05-06-2022, 05:43 AM

Gina

You would think since it took 5 years to get the book published, they would at least get the size of the slipcase right...:arg:

Often times they’ll take into consideration putting covers on the books; otherwise the slipcase would be “too tight” if said covers were put on. I personally prefer a case that takes this into consideration.

Tommy
05-06-2022, 05:56 AM

Gina

Often times they’ll take into consideration putting covers on the books; otherwise the slipcase would be “too tight” if said covers were put on. I personally prefer a case that takes this into consideration.

Same. I have one slipcase that cannot be taken off WITHOUT a mylar covering. I managed to get the book out once but haven't dared a second time.

MLG
05-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Here is what Dan Hocker said about the slipcase size for Strange Weather on the CD forum:

So the looseness of the cases was not intentional. Something happened in manufacturing, we're not really sure what, but they weren't loose enough to warrant sending them back to the manufacturer and delay the project further. As the manufacturer would have to have remade them from scratch. Delaying the project another 6 months.

ICry4Oy
05-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Just checked the production updates page.

Last updated March 10, 2022

Seriously?

darkseer
05-07-2022, 11:12 AM
I think they only update if something changes. :rolleyes3: I think certain books will never get
published. It depends on how many new products they start. Lesser products will just keep
getting pushed back. This is only my opinion :shrug:

Ricky
05-08-2022, 04:22 PM
I would encourage everyone to flip through their pages of each title in Strange Weather. My copy of Snapshot has these weird dust ball/stains/blemishes on a few pages. Tried to remove/blow them away but they only smudged. Of course it had to be the book with the signature sheet. :arg:

https://i.postimg.cc/t1Vg3BFq/cd4.jpg (https://postimg.cc/t1Vg3BFq)

Joe315
05-08-2022, 04:54 PM
I would encourage everyone to flip through their pages of each title in Strange Weather. My copy of Snapshot has these weird dust ball/stains/blemishes on a few pages. Tried to remove/blow them away but they only smudged. Of course it had to be the book with the signature sheet. :arg:

https://i.postimg.cc/t1Vg3BFq/cd4.jpg (https://postimg.cc/t1Vg3BFq)

Great QA.

RC65
05-11-2022, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the alert -- fortunately, all four of my books are free of those odd dust-ink bunnies. Hopefully CD has some a spare copy or two on hand for a replacement for you.

Ricky
05-11-2022, 03:16 PM
Yup, Mindy has one on the way. :)

herbertwest
05-21-2022, 09:27 AM
Want a mini production update?

Francois Vaillancourt is signing the copies of "A face in the crowd / The longest december", so I am guessing also the sheets for the lettered edition

mcbanick
05-22-2022, 01:26 AM
Want a mini production update?

Francois Vaillancourt is signing the copies of "A face in the crowd / The longest december", so I am guessing also the sheets for the lettered edition

That’s very encouraging news considering how recently the limiteds were announced!

herbertwest
05-24-2022, 03:19 AM
Small production update : https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Mostly about the "Books From Other Publishers, Custom Slipcases, and related items" part related to slipcases

mcbanick
05-25-2022, 02:34 AM
A thought on the production update page that maybe Dan will consider - it would be helpful if there was a "last updated" date next to each of the titles on the page, since an update to the page does not necessarily mean a status update for each of the individual titles...

ICry4Oy
05-25-2022, 07:44 AM
A thought on the production update page that maybe Dan will consider - it would be helpful if there was a "last updated" date next to each of the titles on the page, since an update to the page does not necessarily mean a status update for each of the individual titles...

THAT is an excellent idea. Saw that the status update page has FINALLY been updated - nothing new on The Stand though.

St. Troy
05-25-2022, 08:16 AM

That would indeed be useful.

amd013
05-25-2022, 12:05 PM
Has flight or fright finally been signed by that elusive 3rd person yet? I am sure he has signed several other books since we got that status update.

ajw2910
05-25-2022, 12:23 PM
I think that is the last book I have on preorder with CD at this point. I may have another but can’t find my list at the moment.

Dan Franklin
05-25-2022, 02:52 PM
Hey there all, my name is Dan Franklin! I work at CD, have been in the warehouse for quite a few years and now helping to pick up some new duties. I can't promise answers to all your questions(I'm also writing each night, primary care for my daughter, etc), but I can promise I will do my best to be honest with you and give you updates as best available if you have specific inquiries. I know there have been a load of delays, and I hope you can hang in there while we try to get them resolved. I'd just like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all customers and all those who help uphold the horror community. I know, I know, that and two nickels will buy you a dime, but it is well and truly meant just the same

For non-specific info, the website should be pretty regularly updated moving forward!

ajw2910
05-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Hi Dan, and welcome!

frik
05-26-2022, 05:37 AM
Very glad to have you, Dan: welcome!!

sk

jeffingoff
05-26-2022, 05:40 AM
This is great news! Welcome, Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick
05-26-2022, 10:10 AM
Hi Dan, thanks for joining us!

amd013
06-03-2022, 11:55 AM
Has flight or fright finally been signed by that elusive 3rd person yet? I am sure he has signed several other books since we got that status update.

Bump.

Also, any updates on Night Shift Lettered?

playdohman
06-03-2022, 06:27 PM

Bump.

According to Mindy the hold up the FoF lettered is the case.

allasorte
06-05-2022, 10:30 AM

Did you ever get a response? I'm curious because I sent an email to Mindy on April 26 about my CD orders and I haven't received a response either. That was 10 days ago. I hope everything's OK there.

Sorry, I'm not on here much anymore. I got a reply back and the email to purchase it. Hopefully everyone else waiting got one too.

Dan Franklin
06-06-2022, 10:46 AM

Bump.

To the best of my knowledge, Flight or Fright LMTD/LTRD editions are still waiting on the sig sheets to complete. It's an occasional issue with compilation work, and I believe it is the final signature before we can continue in the process! (Binding, Cases, etc. Final product planned for next year. It's a wait, but there's some special stuff going into this one.)

As for Night Shift Lettereds: I have seen and held the book, they're a real, existing thing(and they're gorgeous. The remarque artwork is just wonderful, too.), but the cases are still under production.

Maybe not the updates you wanted to hear, but they are both indeed coming. Traycase production in particular has experienced delays, but every front has taken a bit of a hit. There are some solutions on the horizon, but I'm reluctant to make promises out of hopes!

becca69
06-06-2022, 11:03 AM

Sorry, I'm not on here much anymore. I got a reply back and the email to purchase it. Hopefully everyone else waiting got one too.

Thanks. I did get a response. I guess I was emailed but it never arrived in my inbox There was something up with receiving certain CD emails on my end. Hopefully it's been resolved.

herbertwest
06-08-2022, 04:18 AM
The Production page has been updated.
Mostly about "Gwendy's Magic Feather" I think

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Cook
06-08-2022, 03:58 PM
Does anybody happen to know how many different CD titles have actually been shipped so far this year?
Thanks

MLG
06-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Does anybody happen to know how many different CD titles have actually been shipped so far this year?
Thanks

Probably not a comprehensive list but close:

In 2022 I have received:
Two Signed Limited:
Strange Weather
The Eater of the Gods

One Trade Hardcover:
Gwendy's Final Task

Four Trade Paperbacks:
Dancing With Tombstones
He Who Types Between the Rows 2
Attack From the 80's
The Night Road

I also have on Signed Limited in transit to me:
Gwendy's Magic Feather

Cook
06-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Thanks

In 2022 I have received:
Two Signed Limited:
Strange Weather
The Eater of the Gods

One Trade Hardcover:
Gwendy's Final Task

Four Trade Paperbacks:
Dancing With Tombstones
Attack From the 80's
The Night Road

Gwendy's Magic Feather

Are “Gwendy’s” titles CD or Lonely Roads publication?

Lurker
06-09-2022, 09:20 PM
The signed limited for the first one was Lonely Roads. For Gwendy's Magic Feather which seems to be CD I asked Mindy to match my number and got this reply: "...this series was published by us and Lonely Road Books so there will be some crossover with lifetime members of each publisher. We won't figure it all out until the books come out as to who gets what number/letter."

MLG
06-10-2022, 08:30 AM
Thanks

In 2022 I have received:
Two Signed Limited:
Strange Weather
The Eater of the Gods

One Trade Hardcover:
Gwendy's Final Task

Four Trade Paperbacks:
Dancing With Tombstones
Attack From the 80's
The Night Road

Gwendy's Magic Feather

The two I am referring to in the 2022 releases are both CD productions. I am unaware of any Lonely Road productions in the works.

amd013
06-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Thanks

In 2022 I have received:
Two Signed Limited:
Strange Weather
The Eater of the Gods

One Trade Hardcover:
Gwendy's Final Task

Four Trade Paperbacks:
Dancing With Tombstones
Attack From the 80's
The Night Road

Gwendy's Magic Feather

The two I am referring to in the 2022 releases are both CD productions. I am unaware of any Lonely Road productions in the works.

Although not books, have also shipped:

A chapbook by Chizmar,
Gwendy's Magic Feather slipcase
Gwendy's 3 print bundle

herbertwest
06-16-2022, 05:23 AM
I don't really know how it works, i think it's a partnership, but there is also "Cemetery Dance Germany"
https://www.buchheim-verlag.de/cemetery-dance-germany.html

I think it's a collection / partnership between CD & Buchheim Verlag, which is a small independant germany publisher?

herbertwest
06-29-2022, 11:48 PM
Any update about "Seasons of Terror"?

Amazon still says 2045

Br!an
06-30-2022, 03:35 AM
Any update about "Seasons of Terror"?

Amazon still says 2045

Sounds about right. :wtf:

shaq
07-20-2022, 06:34 AM
A request for Dan F.

Hi, I received an email highlighting a stash of slipcases and traycase that were found and made available. These were Kings cases, and very reasonable prices.

Mindy pointed me here to ask you if there were any Exorcist/Legion traycase for the lettered edition in the warehouse at all?

If not, thanks for looking.

Cheers, Dave

St. Troy
07-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Started reading Chasing The Boogeyman today (anyone else?).

In discussing his hometown's background, he mentioned:

"a jazz club called the Black Hole" that "burned down...under suspicious circumstances."

Knowing that CTB is a blend of fact and fiction, I did some googling, and as far as I can tell, the Black Hole is fiction, in which case I must say...weeeeeeeak fucking sauce.

Lemme guess, you read It too? You also thought it was really really good, right? Come on.

Even before reading the Black Hole bit (on page 12), CTB was already hitting me as the product of someone who not only loves King (and nothing wrong with that) but believes King's style is the inevitable pinnacle of all sufficiently perfected writing (plenty wrong with that).

I'm sure this would've stood out to anyone here who has read this; I guess I just don't know if it made all of us cringe so heavily, or just me.

Ricky
07-22-2022, 12:11 PM
I live one county over from Rich, and we actually used to have a nightclub here called The Black Hole that really did burn down years ago. Not sure if he's referring to that, making a reference to It, or something completely fictional, but thought I'd chime in! :)

St. Troy
07-22-2022, 01:49 PM
I live one county over from Rich, and we actually used to have a nightclub here called The Black Hole that really did burn down years ago. Not sure if he's referring to that, making a reference to It, or something completely fictional, but thought I'd chime in! :)

That is good to know - thanks.

Roseannebarr
07-22-2022, 10:39 PM
A request for Dan F.

Hi, I received an email highlighting a stash of slipcases and traycase that were found and made available. These were Kings cases, and very reasonable prices.

Mindy pointed me here to ask you if there were any Exorcist/Legion traycase for the lettered edition in the warehouse at all?

Cheers, Dave

I need one of those too

RC65
07-24-2022, 01:30 PM
A request for Dan F.

Cheers, Dave

I need one of those too

As do I.

ICry4Oy
07-25-2022, 08:03 AM
The last update on The Stand was on March 10. Are you still waiting on the last artist for it to go to the printer? Has anything happened since then?

EXPLORER
07-25-2022, 09:57 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH....Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag 2021? To celebrate the announcement of Stephen King's new short story "Willie the Weirdo," we're putting together our first Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag in years!
This Grab Bag will include: "Willie the Weirdo" in McSweeney's #65; an Advance Review Copy featuring a rare Stephen King short story; a Trade Paperback anthology featuring a Stephen King short story; and an original Stephen King Short Story Limited Edition Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne! PLUS: a FREE $10 Cemetery Dance Coupon in every Grab Bag! All of these will ship together this fall when the magazine is published.
i RECALL IT WAS delayed due to McSweeney's delay. WAS THERE EVER AN UPDATE?

Cook
07-25-2022, 10:01 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH....Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag.? To celebrate the announcement of Stephen King's new short story "Willie the Weirdo," we're putting together our first Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag in years!
This Grab Bag will include: "Willie the Weirdo" in McSweeney's #65; an Advance Review Copy featuring a rare Stephen King short story; a Trade Paperback anthology featuring a Stephen King short story; and an original Stephen King Short Story Limited Edition Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne! PLUS: a FREE $10 Cemetery Dance Coupon in every Grab Bag! All of these will ship together this fall when the magazine is published.
i RECALL IT WAS delayed due to McSweeney's delay. WAS THERE EVR AN UPDATE?

You should be hearing about it any day now :lol:

OldCrow88
07-25-2022, 03:26 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH....Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag.? To celebrate the announcement of Stephen King's new short story "Willie the Weirdo," we're putting together our first Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag in years!
i RECALL IT WAS delayed due to McSweeney's delay. WAS THERE EVR AN UPDATE?

You should be hearing about it any day now :lol:

Day or Year?

OldCrow88
07-26-2022, 03:55 AM
Side-note that I have 22 orders pending delivery from CD, dating back to 2015 (yeah, I know, 'only' back to 2015). I truly don't expect to see a single solitary one of them delivered during the entirety of 2022. The symmetry of the numbers 22 and 2022 makes me smirk, the complete failure of the publisher makes me sad. My stubbornness makes me grit my teeth and wait. Though of course no more orders will be added to the pile.

mcbanick
07-26-2022, 12:23 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH....Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag 2021? To celebrate the announcement of Stephen King's new short story "Willie the Weirdo," we're putting together our first Stephen King Short Story Grab Bag in years!

I completely forgot about this until I saw your post... emailed Mindy, and she says shipping this summer. Good enough for me!

Kingfan24
08-04-2022, 01:53 PM
I don't know what the fuck I have to do to get a response from CD so I am turning here. I've sent multiple emails about a package that was addressed incorrectly. It was scanned as delivered but then it was sent back to CD in Maryland. Mind you they have my money - and yet I can't get a response on remedying the situation. This is absolutely asinine.

webstar1000
08-05-2022, 03:04 AM
ITs odd... i have sent an emails and no response either...

Tony Two-Cent
08-05-2022, 04:23 AM
I can't believe the frustration that has been removed from my life after I cancelled all of my orders and washed my hands of them.

:nana:

Cook
08-05-2022, 06:55 AM
I can't believe the frustration that has been removed from my life after I cancelled all of my orders and washed my hands of them.

Ditto.. Never again

namelessnpoor
08-05-2022, 09:59 AM

Ditto.. Never again

Sadly, I did the same thing. I had been buying from them for years.
Got many gift and s/l at issue price from them. But after multiple delays on books I had on order.
I finally canceled all outstanding orders and got my money.
I hope it never happens but I feel one day they may just close the doors and everyone with stuff on order will lose out on books and their money. With so many books so far behind I can't help but think they are running on a pyramid scheme.
Using new book money to get old books out the door.
Hopefully they straighten it all out and keep on making beautiful books.

Randall Flagg
08-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Have people been unsuccessful trying to contact Mindy, or Dan Hocker?

P.S. pretty disturbing when Dan hasn't logged into the site in 44 days.

webstar1000
08-05-2022, 10:45 AM

yes

Cook
08-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, in general, if any type of mail order online company declares bankruptcy..
1. Would it be a public record filing ?
2. Would everybody lose all their money ?

My apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question.
(Just a general question for any online company)

Br!an
08-05-2022, 12:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, in general, if any type of mail order online company declares bankruptcy..

*** I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice.***

It's a public record. Bankruptcy is federal civil law. You can keep track of it just like any federal suit on PACER.

Each bankruptcy is different. There are various bankruptcy chapters which operate differently. It depends on the assets & debts of the bankrupted entity and their legal organization. It depends on whether they are restructuring or simply insolvent.

Creditors can notify the court of their debt claim. Valid claims will be paid by the trustee as ordered by the judge in a hierarchical order. Secured debt will usually recover a percentage of the balance due. Unsecured debt may or may not be paid after all secured debt is paid.

A customer who bought an item more than six months ago (within six months credit card companies and PayPal will usually reimburse you) and doesn't receive it because of the seller going bankrupt has little to no recourse since it simply isn't worth the fight. A customer with thousands of dollars in orders lost might recover some of it.

Randall Flagg
08-05-2022, 12:51 PM
Just an FYI, Dan Hocker no longer works full time for CD.

Cook
08-05-2022, 01:13 PM

*** I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice.***

It's a public record. Bankruptcy is federal civil law. You can keep track of it just like any federal suit on PACER.

Each bankruptcy is different. There are various bankruptcy chapters which operate differently. It depends on the assets & debts of the bankrupted entity and their legal organization. It depends on whether they are restructuring or simply insolvent.

Creditors can notify the court of their debt claim. Valid claims will be paid by the trustee as ordered by the judge in a hierarchical order. Secured debt will usually recover a percentage of the balance due. Unsecured debt may or may not be paid after all secured debt is paid.

A customer who bought an item more than six months ago (within six months credit card companies and PayPal will usually reimburse you) and doesn't receive it because of the seller going bankrupt has little to no recourse since it simply isn't worth the fight. A customer with thousands of dollars in orders lost might recover some of it.

Wow!! some of it.. That's depressing :|

darkseer
08-05-2022, 02:00 PM
Well, when you have some guy who packages stuff at the company answering your ??? :rolleyes2: You have to sort of wonder. :shrug:
I have only 1 book on order it was $60.00 I'll survive. Sad because they had some really good products but couldn't run their business
properly.

Roseannebarr
08-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Just an FYI, Dan Hocker no longer works full time for CD.

By choice or financial decisions by the company? This is very scary! We have 3 king signed lettered books on order. That is alot of Money!

St. Troy
08-05-2022, 05:03 PM
...I hope we're not seriously thinking that CD is going under...

Ari_Racing
08-05-2022, 06:31 PM

P.S. pretty disturbing when Dan hasn't logged into the site in 44 days.

I contacted Mindy two weeks ago and she replied immediately.

Curly
08-05-2022, 09:19 PM
King will save them again. Last time they were in bother he gave them Blockade Billy.

shaq
08-06-2022, 12:29 AM
I received a reply within the hour yesterday.

I'd resend your question.

RC65
08-06-2022, 04:31 AM
The only pre-order I have is THE STAND, and I’m going to let optimism reign and hold fast on that one.

Dan Franklin
08-06-2022, 06:44 AM
Hey y'all, sorry I've been so absent here! Yeah, Dan Hocker is still helping the company with ebooks, but he is not in charge of shipping, etc. I'm working to fill in his spot and hopefully with some dabbling in the limited line production. Kevin Lucia has joined the team too. You can certainly ALWAYS reach out to me at danfranklin@cemeterydance.com and I will do anything I can to answer specific inquiries or you can try to reach me here, Facebook or the CD forums.

As to the general trend... yeah, it's been a hard year. Hard couple years, really, but in an effort to fix our issues of delays etc and get us back more on a righted course, as far as I know we've pretty much put a hold on new limited projects until we're better caught up. We're finalizing updates on Caretakers and Interview with a Vampire and should have information released in the next couple weeks, we've got Graveyard Edition books finishing up at the printers, etc. There's more info coming on the Stand, too. The paperback line is independent to our limited line and it is up and running and operating on schedule while we pull together and get back on course.

I can only apologize for our delays. They are unacceptable. We let you down. I cannot blame anyone for cancelling orders or being frustrated. I would be frustrated too. If you stick it out, we'll do everything we can to deliver a satisfactory product. I'm new to this role and can't guarantee I'll be able to fix the world in a timely manner(trying to fill the shoes of some of the Gods who are no longer at the company is a pretty incredible task), but I will always answer emails and do my very best to hear your issues and forward them on. Please, reach out. You are valued and I want to hear your problems. I want to try to fix them.

-Dan Franklin

Randall Flagg
08-06-2022, 08:15 AM
Thanks for dropping in and keeping us informed. Welcome to the board.

Ari_Racing
08-06-2022, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Dan!

mmalling
08-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Hey y'all, sorry I've been so absent here! Yeah, Dan Hocker is still helping the company with ebooks, but he is not in charge of shipping, etc. I'm working to fill in his spot and hopefully with some dabbling in the limited line production. Kevin Lucia has joined the team too. You can certainly ALWAYS reach out to me at danfranklin@cemeterydance.com and I will do anything I can to answer specific inquiries or you can try to reach me here, Facebook or the CD forums.

As to the general trend... yeah, it's been a hard year. Hard couple years, really, but in an effort to fix our issues of delays etc and get us back more on a righted course, as far as I know we've pretty much put a hold on new limited projects until we're better caught up. We're finalizing updates on Caretakers and Interview with a Vampire and should have information released in the next couple weeks, we've got Graveyard Edition books finishing up at the printers, etc. There's more info coming on the Stand, too. The paperback line is independent to our limited line and it is up and running and operating on schedule while we pull together and get back on course.

I can only apologize for our delays. They are unacceptable. We let you down. I cannot blame anyone for cancelling orders or being frustrated. I would be frustrated too. If you stick it out, we'll do everything we can to deliver a satisfactory product. I'm new to this role and can't guarantee I'll be able to fix the world in a timely manner(trying to fill the shoes of some of the Gods who are no longer at the company is a pretty incredible task), but I will always answer emails and do my very best to hear your issues and forward them on. Please, reach out. You are valued and I want to hear your problems. I want to try to fix them.

-Dan Franklin

Appreciate it words man, and all that you do.

Kingfan24
08-06-2022, 05:14 PM

-Dan Franklin

Dan please contact me here or via email. I either need a refund or my book.

Roseannebarr
08-06-2022, 05:43 PM

-Dan Franklin

Dan,

If you look back at the start of this thread, first post. You can get a sense of the disappointment, delays and frustration amongst the collectors of CD books! It would be nice to get some reassurance that the books we paid for will be released (before we pass) and our investment on CD and their products is safe and sound! It will be great to see some movement on many much delayed King books!

Thanks for joining the boards and responding! Glad you are at CD!

Randall Flagg
08-06-2022, 06:16 PM
Kingfan24, Dan only has 3 posts. He can't PM or email yet using our site.
I suggest you email him via the address he provided and give him a chance to help you.

Dan Franklin
08-07-2022, 05:06 AM
I very much understand being frustrated! Our delays have certainly hit an embarrassing length. I would love to give dates and schedules but I simply don’t have any specifics that I can guarantee will be realized. I can say I’ve held the early ARC(s) for The Stand and it’s a real (ridiculously massive) book, that Pet Sematary is in the process, etc, but that’s not hugely helpful to you all who have put in your money. We’re hoping to get some official updates on the production page in the next couple weeks regarding a few projects. Working on the backlog is our priority and the company is not combusting or anything, for whatever comfort that is worth! We’re trying to get back on course. A HUGE thank you to Brian who has been helping us fumble through the processes.

And as advised, if you have specific questions/requests regarding your order (refunds, updates, etc), please reach out to me(email is fastest). I will do my best to respond quickly, and always with honesty and respect.

jeffingoff
08-07-2022, 06:11 AM

-Dan Franklin

Dan,

If you look back at the start of this thread, first post. You can get a sense of the disappointment, delays and frustration amongst the collectors of CD books! It would be nice to get some reassurance that the books we paid for will be released (before we pass) and our investment on CD and their products is safe and sound! It will be great to see some movement on many much delayed King books!

Thanks for joining the boards and responding! Glad you are at CD!

The reassurance needs to come from Richard Chizmar. He’s like a slumlord who doesn’t care that the house is crumbling on the people who pay him rent. He’s completely ignored all the complaints and criticisms and puts others in the line of fire to take bullets for his bad decisions. Yes a printer going belly up in the middle of production on Sleeping Beauties and the resulting log jam was out of their hands. But there needed to be a redoubling of efforts and some messaging from the top that the ship is not sinking. Instead Chiz is chasing a boogeyman through his idyllic childhood.

Dan Franklin
08-07-2022, 06:51 AM
As for Exorcist/Legion traycases, our number of books is greater than our number of cases, sadly :( Have none free to get out your way, sorry!

Dan Franklin
08-07-2022, 07:08 AM
I will advise to Rich that a message of confidence would be appreciated, but would most likely be delivered via progress updates as I don't think we’re much for public statements. Excuses exist galore, but they don’t particularly help, certainly not as much as results. Short of that, I hope you can find some confidence in the expansion of the paperback line (which actually has kept to schedule!) and the refocusing on delivering those things promised vs making new promises.

jeffingoff
08-07-2022, 07:21 AM
I will advise to Rich that a message of confidence would be appreciated, but would most likely be delivered via progress updates as I don't think we’re much for public statements. Excuses exist galore, but they don’t particularly help, certainly not as much as results. Short of that, I hope you can find some confidence in the expansion of the paperback line (which actually has kept to schedule!) and the refocusing on delivering those things promised vs making new promises.

Yes, I’ve regained some confidence with Lucia and you entering the scene and the engines primed on the trade line. Im no mogul but even I understand a business’s need for cash flow. So that goes a distance to brightening the light at the end of the years-long tunnel. And I appreciate (greatly) your continued communication.

EXPLORER
08-07-2022, 09:35 AM

DAN F.,
Can you share any insights on this grab bag that was originally to ship fall of 2021? I originally bought the Grab bag with McSweeneys a primary factor and I have since obtained one when available.
I do understand you all had to deal with the delay of it's initial release, however from what I have heard in rumors is McSweeney's might have/had to do a second printing due to sales. Did CD get the McSweeney's with "Willie the Weirdo," as promised in grab bag? Will it be a 1st or later printing?
I appreciate your efforts and responses here. With my lack of knowledge of all you are dealing with I just wondered if perhaps this is a baglog item that might be one that could be cleared easily? Again, Thanks for any info.

Brian861
08-07-2022, 02:37 PM
I suppose it's possible emails could be going to spam is the reason they aren't being responded to. That being said, the writing was on the wall when BJF left. And now Dan H. too apparently. Or his role has been diminished.

Cook
08-07-2022, 05:29 PM

" I hope you can find some confidence in the expansion of the paperback line (which actually has kept to schedule!) " Really ??
( I think they call this misdirection )

Dan,
I'm sure you're a really nice guy & all but if I was going to offer any advice right now it would be.. go back and read what you just put in print.
Unless I'm missing something, your post essentially says nothing, other than "Buy more stuff from us" and don't look behind the curtain.
No disrespect intended but your song sounds the same.
I have no skin in this game anymore, I think because I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago.
But.. a few of my friends on this site have thousands of dollars at stake here and I hate seeing them getting screwed over.
As the new "Front man" why don't you try a different approach like actually giving a date of when any past book will be published. "preferably a book of substance"
By the way CD's update page is ludicrous.. why bother ?

darkseer
08-07-2022, 05:55 PM

" I hope you can find some confidence in the expansion of the paperback line (which actually has kept to schedule!) " Really ??
( I think they call this misdirection )

Dan,
I'm sure you're a really nice guy & all but if I was going to offer any advice right now it would be.. go back and read what you just put in print.
Unless I'm missing something, your post essentially says nothing, other than "Buy more stuff from us" and don't look behind the curtain.
No disrespect intended but your song sounds the same.
I have no skin in this game anymore, I think because I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago.
But.. a few of my friends on this site have thousands of dollars at stake here and I hate seeing them getting screwed over.
As the new "Front man" why don't you try a different approach like actually giving a date of when any past book will be published. "preferably a book of substance"
By the way CD's update page is ludicrous.. why bother ?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan Franklin
08-07-2022, 08:07 PM
I think you may misunderstand my role. Im NOT the appointed front man. Im a person who wants to hear your issues and try to answer them/help to the best of my ability. I wasnt directed to come here. I am not PR. Im a warehouse manager who is trying to learn the production side to help right the wrongs.

My post was primarily to give an avenue of approach for those with inquiries, particularly in light of absurd delays. Several have contacted me already and I’ve either answered or am pursuing answers to their questions. As I understand it, Dan Hocker used to, when he was warehouse manager. He was good at his job, I want to take up his mantle. Brian is incredible at… er… everything. I want to take up some of his role too.

I have no hard dates and no clear quarterly schedule and Im not going to give you a number or timeframe if I don’t believe it to be entirely accurate. Wanting one is fair and understandable. If I had the answers, I would give them. I cannot. I simply do not know that sort of specificity and if I cant guarantee it, I will not say. Makes me a bit useless in that capacity, but I can see where things are, just not where theyll be and when. I cannot control that part.

The product update page is monitored and kept up to date pretty consistently from my understanding. I know they tweak it fairly regularly since it was overhauled a month or so back. I also know you probably want hard dates not just progress reports—and we dont have hard dates. Any specific questions Im happy to inquire regarding.

Im not saying to buy more or that your complaints are invalid. I’d prefer to keep someone as a customer but Ive neither marketed a product nor suggested an intention to obfuscate at any point. All Ive said is we dropped the ball, we're trying to fix it, reach out to me if i can help.

As for the suggestion of misdirection, my statement regarding paperbacks and adjustments to our goals was meant to illustrate that the company is not simply sinking and efforts to improve our paradigm are being made. Nothing more, nothing less. Both keeping a schedule and not backing further up are indicative, to me, of a favorable shift. I apologize If it came across elsewise.

Randall Flagg
08-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Positive rep sent to Dan for showing up here and doing his best.

Dan Franklin
08-07-2022, 08:22 PM

DAN F.,
Can you share any insights on this grab bag that was originally to ship fall of 2021? I originally bought the Grab bag with McSweeneys a primary factor and I have since obtained one when available.
I do understand you all had to deal with the delay of it's initial release, however from what I have heard in rumors is McSweeney's might have/had to do a second printing due to sales. Did CD get the McSweeney's with "Willie the Weirdo," as promised in grab bag? Will it be a 1st or later printing?
I appreciate your efforts and responses here. With my lack of knowledge of all you are dealing with I just wondered if perhaps this is a baglog item that might be one that could be cleared easily? Again, Thanks for any info.

We have around half the McSweeny books, from what I can remember! On vacation so can’t check atm. The official memo was “summer” but it’s August and I don’t know when the rest will come in. Hopefully soon. You can certainly cancel/receive a full refund for the products, and if youve obtained them elsewhere Im not sure it still holds value for you. Id prefer to ship all at once, but if that becomes untenable and we trickle it out piecemeal, i’ll advise on your order status

mcbanick
08-08-2022, 01:13 AM
I think you may misunderstand my role. Im NOT the appointed front man. Im a person who wants to hear your issues and try to answer them/help to the best of my ability. I wasnt directed to come here. I am not PR. Im a warehouse manager who is trying to learn the production side to help right the wrongs.

My post was primarily to give an avenue of approach for those with inquiries, particularly in light of absurd delays. Several have contacted me already and I’ve either answered or am pursuing answers to their questions. As I understand it, Dan Hocker used to, when he was warehouse manager. He was good at his job, I want to take up his mantle. Brian is incredible at… er… everything. I want to take up some of his role too.

I have no hard dates and no clear quarterly schedule and Im not going to give you a number or timeframe if I don’t believe it to be entirely accurate. Wanting one is fair and understandable. If I had the answers, I would give them. I cannot. I simply do not know that sort of specificity and if I cant guarantee it, I will not say. Makes me a bit useless in that capacity, but I can see where things are, just not where theyll be and when. I cannot control that part.

The product update page is monitored and kept up to date pretty consistently from my understanding. I know they tweak it fairly regularly since it was overhauled a month or so back. I also know you probably want hard dates not just progress reports—and we dont have hard dates. Any specific questions Im happy to inquire regarding.

Im not saying to buy more or that your complaints are invalid. I’d prefer to keep someone as a customer but Ive neither marketed a product nor suggested an intention to obfuscate at any point. All Ive said is we dropped the ball, we're trying to fix it, reach out to me if i can help.

As for the suggestion of misdirection, my statement regarding paperbacks and adjustments to our goals was meant to illustrate that the company is not simply sinking and efforts to improve our paradigm are being made. Nothing more, nothing less. Both keeping a schedule and not backing further up are indicative, to me, of a favorable shift. I apologize If it came across elsewise.

I think you coming here and offering your help very commendable. Thanks for diving on the grenade and supporting the community Dan!

Ben Mears
08-08-2022, 07:13 AM

Your effort is commendable but, as you state, you are not the point person which is the problem. The fact that you felt compelled to step up points to a complete breakdown in the leadership team (likely one individual) at CD. Although CD isn't much for public statements at some point one is required. Paul at Suntup, Pete at PS Publishing, Jerad at Centipede and Bill at SubPress have all addressed issues on this site as well a maintaining communication with customers via newsletters, blogs, email etc. Those are examples of leaders whose main focus is their publishing business and whose actions show their commitment. While you and your colleagues are doing your best to fill the leadership void it's a losing battle if the person at the top is disengaged from the business. Leadership is about action, not words, and until something changes at the top the trend will likely continue.

jeffingoff
08-08-2022, 07:23 AM
We just need to believe that Rich gives a Chiz about his business (or “biz” if you’d rather have the mnemonic/bumper sticker). And until Rich steps away from the living gaze in the mirror steps up to the mic to address the people who have funded his career—his shareholders—then confidence will be at an all-time low. The last communication I’ve seen from him that didn’t relate to his personal projects was when he announced The Listener.

MLG
08-08-2022, 01:35 PM

Dan, I have nothing but respect for your jumping in and trying to help in areas that you can. One thing I will correct is the believe that the Product Update Page is kept up to date pretty consistently. I will give some examples:

A Face in the Crowd states 'This title is being designed now, with proofreading to start by the end of January.' I believe it said that through multiple updates since last year. Either proofreading has begun, is behind schedule or is not scheduled until 2023. As stated, the update page is dated July 13, 2022. If I were reading this update for the first time, I would expect no proofreading to begin until 2023. A last update for each title would help with this.

Eleven titles on the Product Update page state that the title is now ready for the printer. Based on the current printing backlog there really is no useful information in that statement. Those titles cover many years of sales. My oldest pre-order with CD is included in that category and was ordered in February 2007. I believe most people understand the issues over the last two years and appreciate the efforts to catch up. Although the current supply chain issues are impacting things, this is not a new issue created in the last couple of years. I can understand that books come along that must bump other projects but that also can't explain the current situation. I also understand with the current issues CD is unable to say when a title will move from 'ready for printer' to 'sent to printer'. Some sort of tier stating that the book will go to the printer near term, mid-term or late term will at least provide something to go on.

I believe someone mentioned looking at the start of this thread. I believe it contains a lot of grumbling about Legacies. That was one long delayed title. Mr. Chizmar communicated information about that title a couple of times a year. Then it was through a mailer. The current backlog has much longer delays and many more titles yet Mr. Chizmar chooses to remain silent. I get that he chooses to avoid these forums, but a statement written by him and posted to the CD website and the forums may help the situation. Granted the only thing that will resolve the situation will be the delivery of the titles but engagement from the owner of the company will go a long way.

Again, I appreciate your efforts and respect that you do not control the situation but thought I would give you my thoughts.
Thanks,
Martin

Lurker
08-08-2022, 03:23 PM
Pet Semetary? Did I miss an announcement?

amd013
08-09-2022, 10:45 AM

It was announced on April 7 2014 (maybe earlier, but that is earliest email I could find about it) that they would do limited editions of all 6 Doubleday books. They have so far delivered 3.67/6

becca69
08-09-2022, 12:49 PM

Along with the option to pre-order all of the books at the beginning, they gave some people the opportunity to order Pet Semetary when they had another offering of The Stand. As far as I know there hasn't been an option to order it separately for those who purchased The Stand earlier. I know I haven't gotten a matching pre-order yet.

Dan Franklin
08-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Ah! The part regarding the product update page, yeah, there are a whole lot of items ready for the printer that are not at the printer. I misunderstood. Let me know which ones you want me to lobby for and I’ll give it a shot! Obviously when the Doubleday ones are available, they go, but some smaller projects are seemingly inert. I’ll try the squeaky wheel approach.

Interview, Caretakers and some graveyard editions are the next-up books, from what I can tell.

I will ask around for the most recent info on Face in the Crowd. That one had been planned for this year, but I would bet money on it being a 2023 considering the pace of printing these days.

As for Pet Sematery, it is creeping along! The Stand is up next for the Doubledays, believe Night Shift was last year, lettereds still waiting on cases.

MLG
08-09-2022, 01:45 PM
Ah! The part regarding the product update page, yeah, there are a whole lot of items ready for the printer that are not at the printer. I misunderstood. Let me know which ones you want me to lobby for and I’ll give it a shot! Obviously when the Doubleday ones are available, they go, but some smaller projects are seemingly inert. I’ll try the squeaky wheel approach.

Interview, Caretakers and some graveyard editions are the next-up books, from what I can tell.

I will ask around for the most recent info on Face in the Crowd. That one had been planned for this year, but I would bet money on it being a 2023 considering the pace of printing these days.

As for Pet Sematery, it is creeping along! The Stand is up next for the Doubledays, believe Night Shift was last year, lettereds still waiting on cases.

My point was that the Update page in its current state is neither accurate nor helpful. The concept is good, but the current design is aimed more at product that is in constant movement with frequent updates. The current situation results in most of the books mentioned to have no updates when an update is posted. The reader is reliant on using their memory to know if a specific title was updated or if the update was posted at some point in the past.

I would like to see what updates were posted on the most recent update. For titles that have no update but had previously posted milestone, I would like to know if the milestone was met and if not is there a new milestone or is it now int the TBD category. With the current state of delivery at CD I would actually specific milestones are not provided. The 'proofreading to start in January' is a prime example. I have many of those milestone tasks go months to years without ever changing. Dates should not be provided unless they are most likely to be met. Most likely to be met should be rare.

I would also like to see the updates grouped together:
Design in progress (This would include any title that is not ready to be sent to the printer.)
Ready for Printer
At the Printer
Complete but awaiting case

Within some categories a tiered ranking would also help. (A tiered ranking in the 'Design' probably would be of no value as timelines for titles vary greatly.
Example: Group A will be among the next to be sent to the printer. Group B are in-line behind Group A etc. If circumstances require a title to drop or move up a tier some mention of that would be helpful.

Thank you for your engagement.

Lurker
08-09-2022, 02:38 PM

It was announced on April 7 2014 (maybe earlier, but that is earliest email I could find about it) that they would do limited editions of all 6 Doubleday books. They have so far delivered 3.67/6

Along with the option to pre-order all of the books at the beginning, they gave some people the opportunity to order Pet Semetary when they had another offering of The Stand. As far as I know there hasn't been an option to order it separately for those who purchased The Stand earlier. I know I haven't gotten a matching pre-order yet.

Thanks. I guess I'll be looking for a pre-order one of these days. Better check how much store credit I have. :)

herbertwest
08-09-2022, 11:46 PM
If we make a christmas list for the production page, i think that it would be interesting to note the DATE of last update for EACH entries
Making it easier to know if a title has been updated or not since the last time we checked

amd013
08-10-2022, 08:46 AM
If we make a christmas list for the production page, i think that it would be interesting to note the DATE of last update for EACH entries
Making it easier to know if a title has been updated or not since the last time we checked

And/Or put recent new updates at top, and let old ones settle to the bottom.

The update(s) for Flight or Fright are so out of date, you don't even know what year it refers to "..which will see print next year". I think the year in question was 2020.

If I was on social media, I would post something to Kings Twitter or Facebook and ask why the hell the signature sheets aren't signed yet.

Tony Two-Cent
08-10-2022, 02:02 PM
If I was on social media, I would post something to Kings Twitter or Facebook and ask why the hell the signature sheets aren't signed yet.

And while you're at it you could ask why Tabitha King hasn't yet signed the signature sheets for Caretakers. How many years have we been waiting on those?

Brian861
08-11-2022, 02:42 PM
This one time, at band camp, we didn't have to pay for books until they were ready to ship.

Cook
08-11-2022, 05:01 PM
There’s a fire burning on Facebook tonight. Jeff Vandermeer spilled some serious tea. Flammable tea. I think Richard needs to address this one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210908/b645579c4552896657ed73de2cccc10b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210908/2adae8ffe2c542c670b6188305de0b97.jpg

Does anybody know if Richard ever addressed this book or was the issue ever resolved?
(originally posted a year ago next month)

Joe315
08-11-2022, 05:04 PM
There’s a fire burning on Facebook tonight. Jeff Vandermeer spilled some serious tea. Flammable tea. I think Richard needs to address this one.

Does anybody know if Richard ever addressed this book or was the issue ever resolved?

Has the book even been released?

Lurker
08-11-2022, 08:26 PM
The Southern Reach Trilogy has.

jeffingoff
08-11-2022, 08:58 PM

Richard never addressed it. Even after VanderMeer took to FB to rant about not receiving his author copies. VanderMeer saw and commented on my unboxing video and then posted on Facebook about seeing customers receiving their copies while he still waited for his. He then guessed that Richard might get around to sending him his copies once he was no longer busy "cupping" a part of King's anatomy. It was ballsy.

herbertwest
08-16-2022, 11:50 PM
Also, to my christmas shopping list of CD Production Update :

Update the Production Update page once a month. To show that the page is not being forgotten
Even though there wasnt much updated, the last edit was apparently a bit over a month ago

OldCrow88
08-17-2022, 01:26 AM
My preferred version of a production update is boxes. With books inside. On my doorstep.
As I've said, I have 22 undelivered orders with CD, the most RECENT of which was placed 2 YEARS ago. I have not received a single book from CD in 2022 and I do not expect them to deliver a single one before 2022 ends. I'd go through the effort of canceling the orders but at this point it's just sunk cost. If the production page was reformed at least I could map out actual promise dates for some of them.

Dan Franklin
08-17-2022, 04:51 AM
I believe Caretakers is further along in production than the update page says! Lots of vacations and people out of office. Should be an update for Caretakers, Stand, and a couple others. I’ll be making phone calls and sending emails regarding the update page later today, a monthly update should definitely be a thing. Actual dates may be unlikely, but theres always progress on *something*

RichardX
08-17-2022, 08:44 AM
The problems at CD and delays are so longstanding that there is little hope of improvement. Production "updates" that merely reiterate that projects delayed for years continue to be delayed doesn't move the ball. How about this? Absolutely no new books sold until the backlog has been cleared. How about someone find out what's holding up every single book and resolve that problem? This is not asking the impossible. Medieval monks could produce books under siege faster than CD. It can be done.

Rahfa
08-17-2022, 05:30 PM
hey guys,just checking my old e-mail and saw i had pre-ordered this book [ed: Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration] 4 years ago!! should i have invested my $175 wisely and now be buying 1 of those German bootlegs ive always wanted.ha! anybody else pre-order this (in the hope that King signs it-he better after this length of time)? or does anyone have new info.thx,barry.

I cancelled all my outstanding orders with CD about a year ago, including this book. I had ordered some books (i.e. LEGACIES) nearly 10 years ago. So far I have been able to get the CD books I want at or below issue price after they have been released. These include SECRETARY OF DREAMS and the Lonesome Road production of DARK FORCES. Time will tell if my luck holds out but I am much more comfortable buying the books after they come out than letting those guys keep my money for years and years.

10 years ago...good grief...a year ago is when I cancelled my orders, too...if one is a lifetime member like Boome, that's one thing, since it doesn't really matter when anything gets published, since you'll get it - but there's not a good reason to order any individual title from them, unless they someday manage to get their act together.

I posted that Jan 8, 2008 - George W. Bush was still President.

Since then, I've sold all my King books, CarlosDetwiler disappeared from here, I don't know if Sir Boome is alive, the book shnnrc01 is referring too was never published, and CD's business practices did not change one bit.

No offense to anyone, just an observation.

Lurker
08-17-2022, 05:45 PM
Isn't Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration now titled the Best of Cemetery Dance II and out?

Joe315
08-17-2022, 08:04 PM
Isn't Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration now titled the Best of Cemetery Dance II and out?

yes.

frik
08-17-2022, 10:25 PM
I believe Caretakers is further along in production than the update page says! Lots of vacations and people out of office. Should be an update for Caretakers, Stand, and a couple others. I’ll be making phone calls and sending emails regarding the update page later today, a monthly update should definitely be a thing. Actual dates may be unlikely, but theres always progress on *something*

And an update on the lettered Night Shift would be greatly appreciated (as well.)

sk

CyberGhostface
08-23-2022, 05:06 PM
François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

https://abload.de/img/6c6a8d27-eeda-4dfa-a9w7ivz.png

Randall Flagg
08-23-2022, 05:20 PM
Wicked. I love it!

Garrell
08-23-2022, 07:10 PM
Amazing

jimmymc7
08-24-2022, 12:05 AM
Hi newcomer here. Has any one who ordered the limited edition of McCammons The King Of Shadows received their copy from Cemetery Dance yet?
Only ordered from Cemetery Dance as I had store credit but as I see photos of it being received from all the other small press publishers I'm wondering where's my copy?
I have given Cemetery Dance the benefit of the doubt for the last few years but it just looks like a company that's doomed. Chizmar's complete refusal to do anything about it is a disgrace and am sick of the excuses.
Sorry, rant over!

herbertwest
08-24-2022, 01:31 AM
Given that the Production page was updated regarding "The Stand", wouldn't it have been relevant to at least update the paragraph below, regarding the general update?

It still states : "Our main printer is now scheduling into May and June, "
That's now in the past... so I don't know, change that wording to the next few months?
And could have at least noted what book have been updated, otherwise it's just frustrating readers who go through all of that without knowing if something has changed or not...

Hunchback Jack
08-24-2022, 05:51 AM
Dan, I ordered a McCammon PB set by Lividian from CD. Do you have an ETA of when those will ship?

Ben Mears
08-25-2022, 03:23 AM
François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

According to CD website he will be one of three artists (along with Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne) for the book.

CyberGhostface
08-25-2022, 05:24 AM
What I meant was a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art and they brought on a second artist as a result. We didn't know who it was until now. Chadbourne is just doing the limitation sheet iirc.

And to be honest I don't blame King at all. (Not saying it's bad art but it's not something that fits 'The Stand' in my opinion.)

https://www.wow-art.com/ned-dameron

I do think it's nice, though, that CD didn't scrap Dameron's art. Gabriel Rodriguez did art for 'The Shining' for Subterranean Press and there was a huge backlash so they replaced him entirely. I still wonder what that would have looked like.

bdwyer19
08-25-2022, 05:45 AM
Three artists brings back vibes of the IT 25th anniversary. Can’t wait to see how it looks!

herbertwest
08-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Three artists brings back vibes of the IT 25th anniversary. Can’t wait to see how it looks!

If i recall correctly regarding IT, wasn't Glenn just for the limitation page? And I guess, interior art vs dustjacket?

CyberGhostface
08-25-2022, 09:47 AM

If i recall correctly regarding IT, wasn't Glenn just for the limitation page? And I guess, interior art vs dustjacket?

Glen Orbik did the cover art and Alan Clark and Erin Wells did the interiors.

TCCBodhi
08-25-2022, 10:36 AM
What I meant was a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art and they brought on a second artist as a result. We didn't know who it was until now. Chadbourne is just doing the limitation sheet iirc.

And to be honest I don't blame King at all. (Not saying it's bad art but it's not something that fits 'The Stand' in my opinion.)

I do think it's nice, though, that CD didn't scrap Dameron's art.

I agree that Ned's take is different from anything we've seen in The Stand before, but there are some of them that I like quite a lot. Wasn't there also an illustration of Mother Abigail, done in pastels I think, that isn't listed on the webpage? Perhaps some others? Perhaps these can be part of the portfolios, since this was one of, if not THE last book commission of Ned's. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind having them in print somewhere.

St. Troy
08-25-2022, 11:24 AM
...a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art...

Agreed; it was good, but had a "dreamy" vibe going on that didn't fit The Stand. (It felt more Imajica, if any of you have read that).

Ben Mears
08-25-2022, 12:40 PM
If it was all François Vaillancourt art for The Stand I would have definitely ordered a copy.

CyberGhostface
08-25-2022, 04:45 PM

I agree that Ned's take is different from anything we've seen in The Stand before, but there are some of them that I like quite a lot. Wasn't there also an illustration of Mother Abigail, done in pastels I think, that isn't listed on the webpage? Perhaps some others? Perhaps these can be part of the portfolios, since this was one of, if not THE last book commission of Ned's. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind having them in print somewhere.

There was, I think it’s still in the book. These are the original pieces he’s selling so someone probably purchased it.

bdwyer19
08-30-2022, 07:24 AM

According to CD website he will be one of three artists (along with Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne) for the book.

François announced that he’s releasing a limited edition poster of that illustration. $120 in a limited run of 150.

“There’s been an overwhelmingly positive response to my illustration of Randall Flagg for the upcoming edition of THE STAND by Cemetery Dance Publications, and I thank you for that.

I have decided to go big and create a stunning poster to share with you my love of that book.

The poster is 20”x30”, signed and numbered, with a limited run of 150 copies. I cannot guarantee you get a specific number (everybody wants #19!). The price is $120USD, including shipping to US and Canada, with tracking, and the poster is not framed. For other countries there are extra fees for shipping and tracking (I have to check with Canada Post for each individual shipping tube). Payment is via PayPal.

So if you ever wanted to have the Walking Dude stare at you all day long, here’s your chance. Email me at francoisvaillancourt@yahoo.fr”

Noxus35
08-30-2022, 08:28 AM

François announced that he’s releasing a limited edition poster of that illustration. $120 in a limited run of 150.

“There’s been an overwhelmingly positive response to my illustration of Randall Flagg for the upcoming edition of THE STAND by Cemetery Dance Publications, and I thank you for that.

I have decided to go big and create a stunning poster to share with you my love of that book.

The poster is 20”x30”, signed and numbered, with a limited run of 150 copies. I cannot guarantee you get a specific number (everybody wants #19!). The price is $120USD, including shipping to US and Canada, with tracking, and the poster is not framed. For other countries there are extra fees for shipping and tracking (I have to check with Canada Post for each individual shipping tube). Payment is via PayPal.

So if you ever wanted to have the Walking Dude stare at you all day long, here’s your chance. Email me at francoisvaillancourt@yahoo.fr”

Already ordered mine, i can't wait for it!

"My life for you..."

Ari_Racing
08-30-2022, 01:25 PM

Did King said that? I didn't know :scared:

Cook
08-30-2022, 04:44 PM
So... any shipping updates on "hardcover books that matter to DT.orgers" other than paperbacks ?

darkseer
08-30-2022, 06:08 PM
So... any shipping updates on "hardcover books that matter to DT.orgers" other than paperbacks ?

:rolleyes2: I'd say No.

Joe315
08-30-2022, 06:24 PM

:rolleyes2: I'd say No.

Ready for printer (for the last 4 years).

wizardsrainbow
08-31-2022, 10:59 AM

YES Ned did a Mother Abigail and a church painting (in Boulder). I own both. Me personally, I think they are the best Stand pics that he did.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Dameron_GuitarPlayer_18x24c2.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/dameron_church1.jpg

Ari_Racing
08-31-2022, 11:01 AM
The church one is INCREDIBLE.

shaq
08-31-2022, 02:02 PM
The church one is INCREDIBLE.

100% agree. Drew me back into the story. Aaahh, need to reread again.

Also, to CD themselves. Thank you for the update on the books.

Noticed a mention of Final Task SL and Lettered. Is that the first public mention? Love to see some images of it when you are ready to share.

ajw2910
08-31-2022, 04:07 PM
Still kicking myself for not ordering The Stand when it was up for preorder. Now I have to hope I am online and quick enough to get one when they put the remaining copies up for sale.

shaq
08-31-2022, 11:02 PM
Still kicking myself for not ordering The Stand when it was up for preorder. Now I have to hope I am online and quick enough to get one when they put the remaining copies up for sale.

Is it signed by King at all? I imagine it will look great anyway, but a new signed stand would be amazing

frik
09-01-2022, 01:51 AM

Is it signed by King at all? I imagine it will look great anyway, but a new signed stand would be amazing

Not signed by King, not even the lettered.
Would have been awesome indeed.

sk

Lookwhoitis
09-01-2022, 02:10 AM

YES Ned did a Mother Abigail and a church painting (in Boulder). I own both. Me personally, I think they are the best Stand pics that he did.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Dameron_GuitarPlayer_18x24c2.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/dameron_church1.jpg

Those are great, David!

shaq
09-01-2022, 05:25 AM

Not signed by King, not even the lettered.
Would have been awesome indeed.

sk

Thank you. The art looks immense tho.

herbertwest
09-11-2022, 05:28 AM
Been away for two weeks. Anything new from the CD side?

The production page says it was updated on the 7th of sept : https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Haven't had to take a look at it though, besides the fact that the general update still mentions may/june at the top

amd013
09-14-2022, 11:33 AM
Hi Dan,

Was the promotion "Get Every Cemetery Dance Book Published in 2021!" deal extended again? In Jan received an email stating it was extended to June '22, but I just got a shipping notice for a book I don't remember ordering so wondering if it is part of that deal still, even though it is now Sept?

Thanks,
Mike

Brian861
09-14-2022, 03:47 PM
Even with all the troubles at CD, I'm still impressed with their Graveyard Series.

Ben Eads
09-15-2022, 05:43 PM
Richard Chizmar posted these pictures today on Facebook.

https://i.imgur.com/Su3emQwl.jpg

webstar1000
09-16-2022, 03:20 AM

I sold 4 sets of these back in the winter. They have been out for sometime. One set is the original set that was to be done by Ned which king said no to.. and the other two are the new ones from Francois.

Ben Eads
09-16-2022, 05:28 AM

I sold 4 sets of these back in the winter. They have been out for sometime. One set is the original set that was to be done by Ned which king said no to.. and the other two are the new ones from Francois.

Wow! I didn't even know these existed.

RC65
09-16-2022, 11:18 AM

I definitely agree with King -- not a fan of the cover of the top set...fine for an interior, but the bottom set cover is a far better choice for cover art.

Randall Flagg
09-16-2022, 11:49 AM
David from Betts owns the original painting by Dameron that is on the top set.
It's a stunning piece.

Randall Flagg
09-16-2022, 11:51 AM
Post 21667

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?5552-Cemetery-Dance-discussion-thread&p=1263658#post1263658

St. Troy
09-16-2022, 09:35 PM
One set is the original set that was to be done by Ned which king said no to.. and the other two are the new ones from Francois.

Are these just sets of artwork? (When I first saw them, I assumed that they were proofs of the novel (divided into parts)).

Ari_Racing
09-17-2022, 03:17 AM
King said "no" to what?

herbertwest
09-17-2022, 06:53 AM
I sort of remember hearing that King wasn't too pleased with Ned's art, no?

tippy4
09-17-2022, 08:22 AM
Any update on the slipcases for Billy Summers or Later?

Randall Flagg
09-17-2022, 09:07 AM
I sort of remember hearing that King wasn't too pleased with Ned's art, no?

King said "no" to what?
Purportedly, King wasn't pleased with all of Dameron's work, so CD commissioned an additional artist. It's unclear if any of Dameron's art will appear in the book.

herbertwest
09-17-2022, 09:36 AM
Given that so far, probably one or two years later we have only heard of FV / GC joining the project, I would guess that Ned's work would be part of it.
I mean, they are on the cover of the proofs' shared by Rich hence the pictures above

I would personnally wonder if King can contractually give a "NO GO" to CD given that they started some private preorders years ago while he also cowrote a book with the cofounder
That really becomes a complicated situation
If it doesnt follow his vision, can he cancel a contract that seems to have started 10-15 years ago when CD first started taking orders for the Doubleday collection?

But then... would the contract still be viable 10-15 years later?
I truly think that, if the Gwendy books didn't happen it may be a different situation.

But they happened, so....

St. Troy
09-17-2022, 10:22 AM
It's unclear if any of Dameron's art will appear in the book.

The Sep 7 (2022) production update on CD's site:

"...we managed to bring in a trio of artists onto the project--Ned Dameron, Francois Vaillancourt, and Glenn Chadbourne!"

...suggests it will, however:

- this "update's" true age and accuracy is uncertain;
- any book that hasn't been printed yet sure isn't a done deal;
- if RF isn't convinced, neither am I.

St. Troy
09-17-2022, 10:24 AM
I would personnally wonder if King can contractually give a "NO GO" to CD given that they started some private preorders years ago while he also cowrote a book with the cofounder
If it doesnt follow his vision, can he cancel a contract that seems to have started 10-15 years ago when CD first started taking orders for the Doubleday collection?

I truly think that, if the Gwendy books didn't happen it may be a different situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if King had a "right of first refusal" on artwork/design built into the contract (I have no idea if he did, of course). Even if not, Chizmar would be silly to ignore any of his wishes (for at least two reasons).

RC65
09-17-2022, 10:30 AM
It's unclear if any of Dameron's art will appear in the book.

The Sep 7 (2022) production update on CD's site:

"...we managed to bring in a trio of artists onto the project--Ned Dameron, Francois Vaillancourt, and Glenn Chadbourne!"

...suggests it will, however:

- this "update's" true age and accuracy is uncertain;
- any book that hasn't been printed yet sure isn't a done deal;
- if RF isn't convinced, neither am I.

I can't imagine King rejecting Dameron's work en masse while embracing Chadbourne's (new?) inclusion (replacement?), but one's taste in art is a subjective thing, so I suppose anything's possible.

St. Troy
09-17-2022, 11:09 AM
I can't imagine King rejecting Dameron's work en masse while embracing Chadbourne's (new?) inclusion (replacement?), but one's taste in art is a subjective thing, so I suppose anything's possible.

I'm pretty sure Chadbourne only does the limitation pages (as with the rest of the Doubleday Years set).

Rahfa
09-17-2022, 12:32 PM

It wouldn't be "Stephen King" backing out a contract - it would be "Stephen King Incorporated" bringing down the Hammer of God on top of a small, independent, not especially well-run publishing company. So of course if King was so inclined he could not only get out of the contract but he could probably make sure CD never had an agreement to do a book with any author with a mainstream publishing contract ever again.

That extreme scenario would obv never happen - but if King says "eh, not feeling this art," the art will never see the light of day (in a book anyway).

Randall Flagg
09-17-2022, 03:31 PM
In other words "King is the big swinging dick" and what he prefers is what will be done. CD could of course tell SK too bad, we have already contracted an artist, and we aren't going to change/secure a new artist.
That would be the last and final thing that SK every allowed CD to do with his approval-including things such as a King S/L of Gwendy's Final Task.

That would effectively end CD as we know it.

Br!an
09-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Let's not even go there.

St. Troy
09-17-2022, 07:38 PM
Sorry Ned!

CyberGhostface
09-20-2022, 10:07 AM

Chadbourne isn't the new artist, he was always doing the 'limitation' pages for the Doubleday books. Vaillancourt is the new one.

While I'm not crazy about Dameron's art I think it's nice they didn't get rid of it like Subterranean did with Gabriel Rodriguez on 'The Shining'. (It's been confirmed that Dameron is still there, there was a private preorder link the other day and both artists were present.)

tippy4
09-22-2022, 07:16 PM
Hello CD!

I see you are making a slipcase for the US Edition of Fairy Tale.

Be advised that some were printed in the US...and some were printed in Italy.

From what I can see...there is an approximate 3mm difference between the two....with the edition made in the US being thicker.

Your slipcases tend to run on the snug side....if you use the Italian version to size the case....I do not think the US versions will fit!

herbertwest
09-23-2022, 02:46 AM
There have been some updates apparently, although not sure what they are :

TacomaDiver
09-24-2022, 02:48 PM
Dark Screams is probably close to being done since I just got the ARC for it in the mail today.

Dark Screams (https://www.cemeterydance.com/dark-screams-the-signed-limited-edition-hardcover.html) edited by Richard Chizmar and Brian James Freeman:
This book is now ready for the printer.

herbertwest
09-25-2022, 10:40 AM
Seasons of terror still says 2045 on Amazon for the Gallery Books edition
So I guess that there are no progress on it?

Randall Flagg
09-25-2022, 03:59 PM
Seasons of terror still says 2045 on Amazon for the Gallery Books edition
So I guess that there are no progress on it?

Not for another 20 plus years

darkseer
10-08-2022, 09:10 PM
Is this thread still active ???

ajw2910
10-09-2022, 03:22 AM
It’s only updated as often as the CD update page…….

kingfan2323
10-11-2022, 01:57 AM
Hello CD!

I see you are making a slipcase for the US Edition of Fairy Tale.

Be advised that some were printed in the US...and some were printed in Italy.

From what I can see...there is an approximate 3mm difference between the two....with the edition made in the US being thicker.

Your slipcases tend to run on the snug side....if you use the Italian version to size the case....I do not think the US versions will fit!Good info. Does it say printed in Italy? Or how else can you tell?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Randall Flagg
10-11-2022, 09:02 AM
Copyright page states printed in Italy.

Br!an
10-11-2022, 12:35 PM
US edition states, "Manufactured in the United States of America" on the copyright page. No mention of italy.

Joe315
10-11-2022, 04:06 PM
US edition states, "Manufactured in the United States of America" on the copyright page. No mention of italy.

Then you don’t have one that was printed in Italy.

Cook
10-11-2022, 04:13 PM
Is this thread still active ???

Not by Cemetery Dance... :deadhorse: lol

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-27-2022, 09:06 AM
Got my FAIRY TALE hardcover from CD today.
The e-mail said the slipcase WAS and WAS NOT shipping with it (on two separate lines).
There was no slipcase so I assume they are still on back order.
The book was a 1st printed in Italy.

mmalling
10-27-2022, 09:13 AM
The e-mail said the slipcase WAS and WAS NOT shipping with it (on two separate lines).

Mine is arriving today. I was looking forward to it...now I am not.

ZombieElvis
10-27-2022, 12:38 PM

it even states when you order the slipcase that it will be made aftermarket which means they can not even begin making them until they have the actual book in hand. do not expect the slipcase for at least six months. This is normal and not part of Cemetery Dance being late with stuff. Which they are, but that has nothing to do with when this slipcase will be released.
I have been collecting the aftermarket CD slipcases for my Stephen King books since FULL DARK, NO STARS. and I am used to this long wait. CD used to ship the book with the slipcase but this meant waiting several months for both long after the book was released. It was pointed out that customers would like to have the book when it comes out so they can read it, and then wait for the slipcase when it is finished. This is why you get the book now and the slipcase later.
the slipcase maker CD uses is short staffed and waaaay behind on these, I am still waiting for my LATER and Billy Summers slipcases. This is not cemetery Dance's fault but it does not help their already very tarnished reputation on top of everything else.
At the end of the day, I am happy to read my book now and wait for my slipcase, which will be used for my signed copy instead of the one i just got from CD.

Br!an
10-27-2022, 02:52 PM

Same here. The email literally said it was both shipped and back-ordered.

I assumed it was back-ordered since it wasn't in the box. :idea:

I just checked and it's an Italian 1/1.

I suppose that means the slipcase will fit this edition and not the US edition since the US edition is larger. :orely:

Randall Flagg
10-27-2022, 03:12 PM

I suppose that means the slipcase will fit this edition and not the US edition since the US edition is larger. :orely:

It's not CD's fault, but this whole Italian VS: USA first printing trade first is a mess. Technically speaking, they are both USA trade firsts, but physically speaking, they are differently sized.

stroppygoblin
10-27-2022, 04:33 PM
I have seen reports of some people getting US printed 1sts from CD. Given the size difference between the US printed and the Italian printed editions, I anticipate another balls up with the slipcase not fitting the book that was sent.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-27-2022, 05:55 PM
I have a hammer, it will fit.

allasorte
10-28-2022, 11:14 AM
I have a hammer, it will fit.

I love your positive attitude and ingenuity.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-28-2022, 11:27 AM
IT's Hammer time!

https://i.imgur.com/QqIeW1W.jpg

Br!an
11-05-2022, 11:35 AM
I am a member of BJF's Patreon. Oct. 28 announcement.

I am a member of CDCC. Nov. 4 announcement.

I just received three "Top Secret" messages from Cemetery Dance. Nov 5 announcement.

I just want to know if anyone has told Jeff the secret. :orely:

jwilkinson01
11-06-2022, 10:02 AM

Hopefully not a stupid newb question, where do you see if it is US or Italy?

jwilkinson01
11-06-2022, 10:03 AM
I ordered my direct from CD, same thing, the shipping notification showed slipcase sent and not sent, but I didn’t expect them to have the case ready yet. I would hope the case fits the version they sent me.

Br!an
11-06-2022, 10:25 AM

It's on the copyright page. It will say whether it's manufactured in the US or printed in Italy.

jwilkinson01
11-07-2022, 08:12 AM

It's on the copyright page. It will say whether it's manufactured in the US or printed in Italy.

"Manufactured in Italy" - I see it, thanks again!

herbertwest
11-09-2022, 02:17 AM
Not sure why nor what has changed, but CD production page shows an update on november 11th (knowing we are the 9th...)

Still bugs me that the top general update still mentions may/june (months ago)

shaq
11-24-2022, 01:59 AM
Has anybody seen any images of the Gwendy Final Task Signed Limiteds yet?

Would be nice to see them.

herbertwest
11-24-2022, 02:12 AM
From the CD Production page, updated november 11th
"In pre-production and looking to a 2023 publication."

But it's true, I dont think there was ever any promo pictures

herbertwest
11-25-2022, 07:44 AM
From Richard on facebook :
"Use the special code FRIDAY50 to get 50% at Cemetery Dance until midnight tonight!"

darkseer
11-25-2022, 08:09 AM
"Use the special code FRIDAY50 to get 50% at Cemetery Dance until midnight tonight!"

I used to be excited about these sales :shrug:

Scoogs
11-25-2022, 06:50 PM
"Use the special code FRIDAY50 and have a 50% of ever receiving the books you ordered!"

Fixed that.

darkseer
11-25-2022, 07:53 PM
:thumbsup:

St. Troy
11-27-2022, 07:04 AM

You used that as a stand???

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-27-2022, 07:18 AM
Referring to the previous post, just temporarily, then it went back on the shelf next to the other one.

BigJoeHillfan
11-30-2022, 07:20 AM

Yep me too. Now I will not purchase anymore books until I get some of the ones I ordered years ago.:mad:

ICry4Oy
11-30-2022, 09:01 AM

Yep me too. Now I will not purchase anymore books until I get some of the ones I ordered years ago.:mad:

Same.

OldCrow88
11-30-2022, 06:41 PM

Same.

Ditto.

Stockerlone
12-06-2022, 01:48 AM
My Nikolaus present, from me-for me...

Brian James Freeman - The Girl Who Builds Monsters
signed and remarqued from Vincent Chong
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/Betrug_Chong_Monsters_028.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/Betrug_Chong_Monsters_029.JPG

herbertwest
12-13-2022, 02:05 AM
The Production page has been updated :

I think it's regarding the LATER slipcase, at the top, I dont remember seeing this before.
However, months later, the general update still mentions may/june/november... maybe it's time to really update this? At least change it to a few months from now.... not months ago...

ajw2910
12-13-2022, 04:16 AM
Does Dan Hocker even still work there? He hasn’t posted since April I believe. With publishers like Suntup providing updates on their site at least weekly, it shines an even brighter light on CD’s complete lack of trying. Still so frustrating that you can’t go to that update page and find info that is reasonably up to date or even what was updated recently.

jsweet
12-13-2022, 05:49 AM
Does Dan Hocker even still work there? He hasn’t posted since April I believe. With publishers like Suntup providing updates on their site at least weekly, it shines an even brighter light on CD’s complete lack of trying. Still so frustrating that you can’t go to that update page and find info that is reasonably up to date or even what was updated recently.

I don't believe so. Dan Franklin has been giving the updates for several months.

ajw2910
12-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Sorry, got my Dans confused. When is the last update we got from Mr. Franklin?

Edit - I see his last post as 8-17-2022. He fell into the abyss with the rest of them…….

darkseer
12-13-2022, 12:46 PM

Edit - I see his last post as 8-17-2022. He fell into the abyss with the rest of them…….

Well, something has to change or happen for there to be an update. Nothing's happened so no update. :wtf:

ajw2910
12-13-2022, 01:18 PM

Well, something has to change or happen for there to be an update. Nothing's happened so no update. :wtf:

True enough……I guess that saying “we are way behind, we are always way behind” doesn’t help anyone…..

Lurker
12-13-2022, 06:30 PM
And some of the other stuff is just...unreal. Example:

Suffer the Children by John Saul:
The book is in the proofreading stage.

I know for a fact this book has been proofed at least as far back as 2019. Three years of proofing? Hard to imagine.

Joe315
12-13-2022, 07:24 PM
And some of the other stuff is just...unreal. Example:

Suffer the Children by John Saul:
The book is in the proofreading stage.

I know for a fact this book has been proofed at least as far back as 2019. Three years of proofing? Hard to imagine.

I don’t think Richard cares any more, if he ever did.

shaq
12-14-2022, 06:42 AM
The Production page has been updated :

I think it's regarding the LATER slipcase, at the top, I dont remember seeing this before.
However, months later, the general update still mentions may/june/november... maybe it's time to really update this? At least change it to a few months from now.... not months ago...

Gwendy's Final Task Limited and Lettered Edition, by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar:
In pre-production and looking to a 2023 publication.

I don’t need the element of surprise, I’d just love to see a mock up and such

Phalucha
12-30-2022, 12:28 PM
Nice to have the slipcases for Later being shipped now. They look good as well.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-02-2023, 05:45 AM
Has anyone here received their SST edition of GWENDY'S FINAL TASK yet from CD?
I see it in hand on some other bookseller's sites.

jsweet
01-02-2023, 06:36 AM
Has anyone here received their SST edition of GWENDY'S FINAL TASK yet from CD?
I see it in hand on some other bookseller's sites.

Still waiting on mine as well. I asked about it two weeks ago and was told they hadn't received their copies yet and they'd be shipping as soon as they got it and were done with shipping Later slipcases.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-03-2023, 08:01 AM
My shipping notice says the slipcase for FAIRY TALE was sent 12-26.
It is now 1-3 and according to the tracking number the label was created and that was it.
Is this a USPS tracking number error or was the package never delivered to the post office or picked up?
I'm not saying this is CD's fault, because the same thing has been happening with other items I've ordered.
The last package I received from Sub Press had the same problem. The tracking number said it was not sent, yet I received the book the same day.

ZombieElvis
01-03-2023, 12:19 PM
My shipping notice says the slipcase for FAIRY TALE was sent 12-26.
It is now 1-3 and according to the tracking number the label was created and that was it.
Is this a USPS tracking number error or was the package never delivered to the post office or picked up?
I'm not saying this is CD's fault, because the same thing has been happening with other items I've ordered.
The last package I received from Sub Press had the same problem. The tracking number said it was not sent, yet I received the book the same day.

did you mean the Later slipcase?
and did you look at those dates? I mean christmas and new years, not only are you expecting the warehouse to run 100% during the biggest holidays of the year, but the USPS as well. cut them a little slack here lol

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-03-2023, 01:07 PM
My mistake, I did mean the LATER slipcase.
I was not asking about the Post Office's performance, I was asking if anyone else has had trouble with the tracking numbers not being accurate, that's all.