PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

webstar1000
01-09-2020, 09:24 AM
I hate to be that guy... but Brian, do you suspect Fright of Flight letter to come this year? And if so... roughly when?

lotuz
01-09-2020, 09:33 AM
I hate to be that guy... but Brian, do you suspect Fright of Flight letter to come this year? And if so... roughly when?

I don't have this on pre-order or anything but I've been absolutely dying to see the traycase/shell/box for this one

webstar1000
01-09-2020, 09:35 AM

I don't have this on pre-order or anything but I've been absolutely dying to see the traycase/shell/box for this one

MEEEEEE TOOOOO!~ I remember Richard and Bri saying how out of the box for CD it was going to be. I cannot wait to get it...

Ari_Racing
01-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Hey, Brian! Sent you an email with a couple of inquires a couple of days ago :)

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 10:14 AM
Ive been on a hiatus for awhile but this pissed me off enough to say something. So i guess 28 months wasnt enough lead time to get my SB folio to match my book? You know, generally i dont really pipe in about this kind of thing because its like beating a dead horse. Dan and Brian have always been helpful when they can but this is asinine. Yeah CD takes eons to publish books, Chizmar is off co-writing lackluster novels, making movies..generally doing everything but publish books(King books anyway). So with that, when there is a mistake..we expect it to be rectified. Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach of a personality. Oh, so i shouldve requested my number???? You sent out a couple emails reminding customers of this?? Dont know where my number is..sorry. If only I would have thought of that..Wait...i did. So Sep 2017, i requested it to match and it was confirmed. Oh..so now its not my fault...great. All the apologies and $20 credit in the world is not going to make this right. Do better CD..you guys get a fuckton of slack from this community due to the King fandom

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 10:34 AM

All we are waiting on is for one person to sign the sheets, so I am hopeful. I actually just reminded Richard earlier today to text or email that guy about the sheets, ha. Are you hiding behind me at my desk again? :panic:

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Confirmed, I see it! Still digging out from a deluge of post-holiday emails, but I will try to answer today. Thanks!

Brian

Ari_Racing
01-10-2020, 10:45 AM

Confirmed, I see it! Still digging out from a deluge of post-holiday emails, but I will try to answer today. Thanks!

Brian

Thanks to you :)

DanHocker
01-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Ive been on a hiatus for awhile but this pissed me off enough to say something. So i guess 28 months wasnt enough lead time to get my SB folio to match my book? You know, generally i dont really pipe in about this kind of thing because its like beating a dead horse. Dan and Brian have always been helpful when they can but this is asinine. Yeah CD takes eons to publish books, Chizmar is off co-writing lackluster novels, making movies..generally doing everything but publish books(King books anyway). So with that, when there is a mistake..we expect it to be rectified. Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach of a personality. Oh, so i shouldve requested my number???? You sent out a couple emails reminding customers of this?? Dont know where my number is..sorry. If only I would have thought of that..Wait...i did. So Sep 2017, i requested it to match and it was confirmed. Oh..so now its not my fault...great. All the apologies and $20 credit in the world is not going to make this right. Do better CD..you guys get a fuckton of slack from this community due to the King fandom

Ok so this is a lot. We don't automatically match numbers (we never have). Something was missed with your particular order (mistakes happen). Back in 2017 you were told we were matching numbers and that "match book" or whatever just got missed on your order. That's our bad and mistakes like this happen and we typically try to cover our bases. We did this back in September of 2019 when we knew these portfolios were coming in shortly.

We sent an email out to everyone who had a Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio on order. The email severed as a production update and it asked everyone who had a portfolio and a a limited edition book on order to email Mindy your book number so we could make sure to match your portfolio. Here's the text about numbers from that email.

1) Emailed Mindy your book number IF you bought the Limited Edition book and want your portfolio to have the same number. The best way to do this is to
reply to your original order confirmation email for the Artwork Portfolio, but
you can also reply to this email, just be sure to include your full name and
the number that is on your book¹s signature sheet!

This was sent on September 27th, 2019 and was titled "Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio Update"

At the end of the day we made a mistake. Your portfolio order should have been marked "match book", it wasn't. I even personally tried to find everyone who had both a book and a portfolio on order, but it's a manual process and it's really easy to miss people. But we did ask everyone (recently) to email us their number if they wanted their portfolios to match.

I'm sorry you didn't get your number, that sucks, but I can't really do anything about it at this point other than say sorry.

Kingfan24
01-10-2020, 11:21 AM
For the record mine was wrong to, but I got lucky and they still have my number, even though I requested it to match as well. Now I have to pay to ship back the wrong one to get the right one. It’s more than slightly annoying at this point.

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach

Chad,

Since Mindy isn't here, I thought I would share her reply to you, so everyone can judge for themselves:

I'm terribly terribly sorry. We always require folks to email us their number... for all of the DOubleday SK books, etc.. folks have to email us... AND we send that email out to folks reminding them to tell us their number to match. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for you. I'm going to put $20 in your CD account to try lessen the pain but I know not having them matching can't be made up for.. SORRY.

Best,
Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:25 AM

Ok so this is a lot. We don't automatically match numbers (we never have). Something was missed with your particular order (mistakes happen). Back in 2017 you were told we were matching numbers and that "match book" or whatever just got missed on your order. That's our bad and mistakes like this happen and we typically try to cover our bases. We did this back in September of 2019 when we knew these portfolios were coming in shortly.

We sent an email out to everyone who had a Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio on order. The email severed as a production update and it asked everyone who had a portfolio and a a limited edition book on order to email Mindy your book number so we could make sure to match your portfolio. Here's the text about numbers from that email.

1) Emailed Mindy your book number IF you bought the Limited Edition book and want your portfolio to have the same number. The best way to do this is to
reply to your original order confirmation email for the Artwork Portfolio, but
you can also reply to this email, just be sure to include your full name and
the number that is on your book¹s signature sheet!

This was sent on September 27th, 2019 and was titled "Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio Update"

At the end of the day we made a mistake. Your portfolio order should have been marked "match book", it wasn't. I even personally tried to find everyone who had both a book and a portfolio on order, but it's a manual process and it's really easy to miss people. But we did ask everyone (recently) to email us their number if they wanted their portfolios to match.

I'm sorry you didn't get your number, that sucks, but I can't really do anything about it at this point other than say sorry.

Yeah i get all that..i didnt pay attention to the production update(if I received it) because i didnt care about where we were in the process.That can be my fault..thats fine. We pay for stuff then wait years..it is what it is. I had requested my specific number in 2017 and got a response of "were matching them!"so figured I was good. Your apology is fine but not needed(as I dont have a problem with you). The problem is when there is a mistake, that your customer service rep/email responder's first step is to try and blame the customer...literally happens everytime. Maybe she doesnt notice it..or you dont..but the customers do. I dont need any passive aggressive nonsense or bs...i dont need the sense of being "inconvenienced" to be conveyed to me..That shit gets old and I would imagine it deteriorates some of the good will that you and Brian build up here.

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Good thing we have the maestro of customer relations Mindy at the helm and her peach

Chad,

Since Mindy isn't here, I thought I would share her reply to you, so everyone can judge for themselves:

I'm terribly terribly sorry. We always require folks to email us their number... for all of the DOubleday SK books, etc.. folks have to email us... AND we send that email out to folks reminding them to tell us their number to match. I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for you. I'm going to put $20 in your CD account to try lessen the pain but I know not having them matching can't be made up for.. SORRY.

Best,
Brian

Yeah that was the second reply ...

Here is the first

"Chad, ugh, sorry, you had to request to match numbers on the folios. We had sent an email (or two) to folks reminding them and to email me with matching number request if they had one... that was in October or November, before we started shipping them. I'm so sorry you missed that. We always state this for any of our titles or series that need to be matched that folks have to email us. I'm afraid that number is gone and we don't know who has it... I'm so sorry."

Thanks, ~MINDY

whatever, dude.

lotuz
01-10-2020, 11:27 AM
For the record mine was wrong to, but I got lucky and they still have my number, even though I requested it to match as well. Now I have to pay to ship back the wrong one to get the right one. It’s more than slightly annoying at this point.

Mine too.

I haven't wanted to deal with it but I should probably email Mindy and see if my matching number is available...

EDIT: I should add that I made my request at the beginning when I ordered and I also did not reply to the September email because between CD and the other small presses I buy from I don't look at every "XYZ Project Update" unless it says something like "response required". I did send an email about a week or so before mine shipped with my request again but the number might have shipped out at that point.

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:34 AM
whatever, dude.

I guess I don't see what's wrong with her original reply either. "I'm so sorry" wasn't enough of an apology? Is that what you mean?

We DID ask everyone in September 2019 to confirm their number. Did you reply then with your number?

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:40 AM
EDIT: I should add that I made my request at the beginning when I ordered and I also did not reply to the September email because between CD and the other small presses I buy from I don't look at every "XYZ Project Update" unless it says something like "response required". I did send an email about a week or so before mine shipped with my request again but the number might have shipped out at that point.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to add something like "Response Required" on future reminders of this nature.

Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:40 AM
enough of an apology? Get the fuck outta here with that, man. Like I have said, i requested my matching number in Sep 2017..and was confirmed. I thought that was good enough(apparently I was wrong). My problem lies with the "SOL" type of reply about how i shouldve requested the number...well no shit, I did. As I have also said, i did not re-request my number a second time in Sep as I didnt see the email etc. PS: If you think Im alone in my feelings about your customer service..you are mistaken

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Get the fuck outta here with that, man.

Between this and the casual sexism, you seem nice, Chad.

Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Get the fuck outta here with that, man.

Between this and the casual sexism, you seem nice, Chad.

Brian

Really? LOL. Sure..sexism. Yep, im an asshole because you fucked up, im upset about it, and sharing how your customer service lacks. Cheers man

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:48 AM
By the way, I'm 100% sympathetic about concerns people have about delays and to people being upset when mistakes are made. We try to make things right whenever we can. We've gone as far as to email everyone who bought a book to try to find out who got someone else's number and then made them a nice deal to trade it. And I probably would have been happy to do this here for you, Chad.

best,
Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM
By the way, I'm 100% sympathetic about concerns people have about delays and to people being upset when mistakes are made. We try to make things right whenever we can. We've gone as far as to email everyone who bought a book to try to find out who got someone else's number and then made them a nice deal to trade it. And I probably would have been happy to do this here for you, Chad.

best,
Brian

No, no no..you dont get to play the sympathetic card now..the ol "i wouldve helped you but you went public with your concerns" bullshit. After accusing me of sexism because I say that Mindy is bad at customer relations? Thats bushleague

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Really? LOL. Sure..sexism. Yep, im an asshole because you fucked up, im upset about it, and sharing how your customer service lacks. Cheers man

I think everyone who has read this thread knows how I try to help upset customers. If I'm replying to you any differently, there might be a reason for that... and your posts might be making it clear what that difference is. Please feel free to email me when you're over the irrational anger you're projecting, and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:56 AM
No, no no..you dont get to play the sympathetic card now..the ol "i wouldve helped you but you went public with your concerns" bullshit. After accusing me of sexism because I say that Mindy is bad at customer relations? Thats bushleague

Chad,

I've helped LOTS of people who "went public" here with their concerns. Usually, they aren't as caustic as you were with your "peach" comment or your slagging on Rich for his "lackluster novels," but I've always gone out of my way to help anyone I can. I'm still happy to help you, but I don't think your posts are really doing you any favors. Just my two cents based on how I personally approach things when a company has "fucked up." Your milage may vary.

Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-10-2020, 11:56 AM

I think everyone who has read this thread knows how I try to help upset customers. If I'm replying to you any differently, there might be a reason for that... and your posts might be making it clear what that difference is. Please feel free to email me when you're over the irrational anger you're projecting, and I'll be happy to see what I can do to help.

Brian

Nah..im good

I was only making a point. Your responses have done more than enough

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:58 AM
By the way, if anyone else feels my responses are out of line, please feel free to let me know. Maybe I'm taking this too personally because I've read all of the emails that led to this conversation, etc. Always happy to receive feedback.

Brian

richardsrarebooks
01-10-2020, 12:12 PM
Nothing to do with the last few posts.....got my shipping notice for the final grab bag of 2019. I ordered two and got two tracking numbers. That's a first for me. Just thought folks would be interested. No complaints, I love your grab bags.

DanHocker
01-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Nothing to do with the last few posts.....got my shipping notice for the final grab bag of 2019. I ordered two and got two tracking numbers. That's a first for me. Just thought folks would be interested. No complaints, I love your grab bags.

Yep. I broke the multiples up into 2 packages. They're really too big to ship more than one in a box.

Kingfan24
01-10-2020, 12:27 PM
By the way, if anyone else feels my responses are out of line, please feel free to let me know. Maybe I'm taking this too personally because I've read all of the emails that led to this conversation, etc. Always happy to receive feedback.

Brian

Hey Brian - I know I’ve been pretty critical of CD lately and I know you guys take a lot of flack but please don’t take this the wrong way. I think a lot of old time members here and newer members like myself are seeing a return to the dark days of 2007-2008 with SOD. All the PR and goodwill you all show here is certainly helping CD’s case but the delays spanning multiple years are really piling up again. We get there are issues with printers and other delays but delays spanning into 4-6 years are really killing us. We are paying A LOT of money up front for books we aren’t getting for years and the anger is starting to boil over a bit. I know you probably are not in a position to accept Payless pre-orders but gosh, I have to believe that would help CD’s credibility and reputation at this point.

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Hey Brian - I know I’ve been pretty critical of CD lately and I know you guys take a lot of flack but please don’t take this the wrong way. I think a lot of old time members here and newer members like myself are seeing a return to the dark days of 2007-2008 with SOD. All the PR and goodwill you all show here is certainly helping CD’s case but the delays spanning multiple years are really piling up again. We get there are issues with printers and other delays but delays spanning into 4-6 years are really killing us. We are paying A LOT of money up front for books we aren’t getting for years and the anger is starting to boil over a bit. I know you probably are not in a position to accept Payless pre-orders but gosh, I have to believe that would help CD’s credibility and reputation at this point.

Strangely, I take nothing you've posted lately in the wrong way! :) I agree with your feedback, and I fully see (and agree with!) the points you and some other collectors have raised about the current backlog.

From my conversations with Richard, I think 2020 is going to see a lot of catching up now that we've gotten rolling with our new printers and reconnected with one we hadn't used in a while whose main focus will be a particular line of books to keep them rolling along.

I definitely hear you about your concerns and understand where you're coming from, and I think we all agree that a smoother running operation would benefit us AND our collectors greatly. That's a goal we're pushing for. It would certainly make everyone's lives easier!

I know you know this, but always feel free to ping me if there's anything I can do to help you. And if you have a concern you want to bring to my attention or ask about, and you don't want to post it here, PLEASE do email me. I'll find out what I can, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Yep. I broke the multiples up into 2 packages. They're really too big to ship more than one in a box.

I was looking at the stacks of books in the warehouse the other day. This turned out to be a really nice Grab Bag!

Brian

richardsrarebooks
01-10-2020, 12:46 PM
Great to hear.....very excited!

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 12:49 PM
To the person who left the feedback with a concern you have, I should have mentioned, please feel free to email or PM me if you want. I take your concerns seriously, and there are no repercussions with sharing "bad news" with me. I can leave your name out of any feedback I send around the office, if you just want to bring something to my attention in a general sense. (Compared to, say, a specific problem with your order that needs fixed, etc.) Thank you!

Brian

jsweet
01-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Did CD produce a slipcase for the trade edition of Strange Weather?

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 08:06 PM

We made a case for The Fireman, and our case for Full Throttle is with the case maker right now, but we skipped Strange Weather for some reason, I believe.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 08:08 PM
I do have some good news to share on Strange Weather by Joe Hill. The artist who lives outside the US who was working to get all of his signature sheets signed finished them last month and then actually brought the signature sheets back to the states with him last week while he was visiting family. So, he was able to ship them out to us from inside the country, meaning we didn't have to risk the sheets traveling through several foreign postal systems. I haven't seen the box at the office yet, but Dan and Mindy are watching for it to arrive.

These sheets arrived safely at the CD offices. Headed to Joe Hill next.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2020, 11:17 PM
For those who were concerned there might not be movement on THE STAND while we wait on NIGHT SHIFT to be printed, I did want to share this... I think it's going to be a good looking design!

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/TheCircleOpenspage.jpg

I'll have a lot more news to share on this one in a few months. Thanks again for your patience.

Best,
Brian

jsweet
01-11-2020, 05:44 AM

We made a case for The Fireman, and our case for Full Throttle is with the case maker right now, but we skipped Strange Weather for some reason, I believe.

Brian

Thanks, that's what I thought. Still looking for a Strange Weather slipcase, then!

sullichin
01-13-2020, 07:47 AM
The contents of my CD grab bag if anyone's interested:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOLAeS6XkAE5_eT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Flight or Fright was the only one I had (and mine was second printing, and this is first, so that's cool). Any recommendations from that pile on what I should read?

For those who were concerned there might not be movement on THE STAND while we wait on NIGHT SHIFT to be printed, I did want to share this... I think it's going to be a good looking design!

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/TheCircleOpenspage.jpg

I'll have a lot more news to share on this one in a few months. Thanks again for your patience.

Best,
Brian
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Aremag
01-16-2020, 12:51 PM
The contents of my CD grab bag that I opened today stunned me.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CDgrabbag.jpeg

I was definitely not expecting the Rosemary's Baby...my jaw dropped. I would have been happy with everything else without that. Nice to get a reader copy of Cardinal Black so I don't have to handle the S/L. I missed the Flight Or Fright so very happy to have a 1st of that. Can't complain about a 5th copy of The Institute due to the association with my first King signature and seeing him with Joe. Thank you CD!!

richardsrarebooks
01-16-2020, 04:23 PM
Wow....I purchased two grab bags and can only hope they equal yours!

Brian861
01-16-2020, 08:50 PM
That's a sweet score indeed with RB AGE.

Tony Two-Cent
01-17-2020, 05:31 AM
That is one of the sweetest grab bags I've ever seen! Now I truly regret not ordering one. Congrats on the awesome score!

The_Antiquarian
01-19-2020, 08:25 AM
Greetings!

I am looking for a lettered edition of Horror Hall of Fame, specifically Letter "S," published by Cemetery Dance in 2012.

Even if you are not sure about selling, if you are currently the owner of this beautiful publication or know someone who does, please do not hesitate to contact me!

stroppygoblin
01-20-2020, 04:17 AM

I did designs for Jeff for both UK and US First Editions. You can contact Jeff at jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/StrangeWeather.JPG

sentinel
01-20-2020, 07:44 AM

I did designs for Jeff for both UK and US First Editions. You can contact Jeff at jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/StrangeWeather.JPG

Great! Thanks Simon!

webstar1000
01-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Will CD be offering any remarques for Night Shift?

jeffingoff
01-20-2020, 11:08 AM

They did. And I bought the Chadbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webstar1000
01-20-2020, 11:13 AM

JUST CHadbourne? I never got the email..... I wanted the cover artist to do one.

jeffingoff
01-20-2020, 11:15 AM

JUST CHadbourne? I never got the email..... I wanted the cover artist to do one.

I believe both chadbourne and Odgers (?) were offered and I decided to go with chadbourne because I didn’t have a lot of money at the time and I at least wanted to stay consistent with my copy of The Shining.

webstar1000
01-20-2020, 11:19 AM

I believe both chadbourne and Odgers (?) were offered and I decided to go with chadbourne because I didn’t have a lot of money at the time and I at least wanted to stay consistent with my copy of The Shining.

Ok.... mark must not be interested then?

jeffingoff
01-20-2020, 11:26 AM

I’m just recalling from memory (instead of sorting through all my preorder emails) so please don’t consider what I’m saying to be the final say on the matter. I’m not even sure if all remarques were spoken for. It’s been a little while since I saw the offer.

jeffingoff
01-20-2020, 11:48 AM

Just looked. Glenn Chadbourne and Chris Odgers were the only two offered. I initially tried to buy the Odgers Remarque and i didn’t get it in in time. it was sold out.

Beverly Marsh
01-20-2020, 12:24 PM
Jeff is correct. I got an Odgers one. I hope Ned does some for The Stand!

amd013
01-20-2020, 03:00 PM
For the record the offer was made on Aug 7 2017.

allasorte
01-21-2020, 05:46 PM
Sometimes this site doesn’t work on my laptop and I’m not a fan of using my phone to message, but I am doing so. When will notifications for the PS Stand go out? And the Lonely Road Revival? Thanks

Brian James Freeman
01-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Sometimes this site doesn’t work on my laptop and I’m not a fan of using my phone to message, but I am doing so. When will notifications for the PS Stand go out? And the Lonely Road Revival? Thanks

Dan will confirm, but I think some people have gotten their shipping notification for REVIVAL since copies started shipping last week. I do know he's expecting his guys to be packing and shipping that one all week.

I'm not sure if ALL of our copies of THE STAND have arrived, but I want to wander back into the warehouse to look at them tomorrow anyway, so I will ask.

Brian

OldCrow88
01-22-2020, 07:14 AM
Have all the Sleeping Beauties art portfolios shipped? I haven't seen mine. I'm not toe-tapping but it seemed like the group had moved on from news about the art portfolios to pending/ongoing shipments of other books. So figured I'd ask.

DanHocker
01-22-2020, 07:46 AM
Have all the Sleeping Beauties art portfolios shipped? I haven't seen mine. I'm not toe-tapping but it seemed like the group had moved on from news about the art portfolios to pending/ongoing shipments of other books. So figured I'd ask.

Yep they've all shipped. Feel free to shoot me an email with your order info and I can look into yours.

DanHocker
01-22-2020, 07:52 AM

Dan will confirm, but I think some people have gotten their shipping notification for REVIVAL since copies started shipping last week. I do know he's expecting his guys to be packing and shipping that one all week.

I'm not sure if ALL of our copies of THE STAND have arrived, but I want to wander back into the warehouse to look at them tomorrow anyway, so I will ask.

Brian

I think we've shipped about a quarter of the orders for Revival. It'll definitely drag into next week, unless the guys out perform themselves today.

As far as The Stand goes, we've received the majority of our copies on Thursday of last week. We're a few books short though that had to be shipped via a different method. Also I've got a couple of damages that need replaced. I don't want to give a shipping estimate just yet because I don't know when those missing books / replacements are going to show up, or where The Stand fits in the shipping schedule, which is pretty full but kinda malleable as long as I don't tell you guys what that schedule is.

Kongo
01-22-2020, 10:04 AM

Brian

I think we've shipped about a quarter of the orders for Revival. It'll definitely drag into next week, unless the guys out perform themselves today.

As far as The Stand goes, we've received the majority of our copies on Thursday of last week. We're a few books short though that had to be shipped via a different method. Also I've got a couple of damages that need replaced. I don't want to give a shipping estimate just yet because I don't know when those missing books / replacements are going to show up, or where The Stand fits in the shipping schedule, which is pretty full but kinda malleable as long as I don't tell you guys what that schedule is.

Good to hear! Thank you for the update!

St. Troy
01-22-2020, 10:10 AM
...the shipping schedule, which is pretty full but kinda malleable as long as I don't tell you guys what that schedule is.

:emot-roflolmao:

stroppygoblin
01-22-2020, 10:17 AM
anyone looking for a Sleeping Beauties Portfolio? I have a spare (#168 ) as I appear to have ordered 2... :confused:

dnemec
01-27-2020, 11:05 AM

Brian

I assume that means that I shouldn't be concerned that I haven't seen my shipping notice yet...? I try not to get excited, but...... :panic:

DanHocker
01-27-2020, 11:54 AM

Brian

I assume that means that I shouldn't be concerned that I haven't seen my shipping notice yet...? I try not to get excited, but...... :panic:

Nope no reason to be concerned. In fact shipping should start speeding up next week as my one part time guy in the warehouse is going full time, which should make a huge difference.

dnemec
01-27-2020, 06:50 PM

Brian

Nope no reason to be concerned. In fact shipping should start speeding up next week as my one part time guy in the warehouse is going full time, which should make a huge difference.

Thanks, Dan! :huglove:

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2020, 05:58 AM
In fact shipping should start speeding up next week as my one part time guy in the warehouse is going full time, which should make a huge difference.

Yep, he's a great worker!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Is this the first time you've offered the slipcase for IF IT BLEEDS? I don't want to find out I ordered two again, but I don't remember a previous order.

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2020, 07:56 PM
Is this the first time you've offered the slipcase for IF IT BLEEDS? I don't want to find out I ordered two again, but I don't remember a previous order.

It is not the first time! Definitely feel free to email us if you want to double-check if you have a previous order. Happy to help!

Brian

Tony Two-Cent
01-29-2020, 04:10 AM

My records show that I ordered it on October 3, 2019. I think that's when it was first offered.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-30-2020, 05:44 AM

It is not the first time! Definitely feel free to email us if you want to double-check if you have a previous order. Happy to help!

Brian

Thanks for the help Brian! I did order the book and the slipcase!

amd013
01-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Hi Brian,

For the CDCC 10(?) you guys have been offering things like tshirts and coffee mugs each month. Any thoughts to barware (shot glasses, tumblers, beer mugs/steins, etc)? What about fridge magnets or bookmarks?

Brian James Freeman
01-30-2020, 07:56 PM
Hi Brian,

For the CDCC 10(?) you guys have been offering things like tshirts and coffee mugs each month. Any thoughts to barware (shot glasses, tumblers, beer mugs/steins, etc)? What about fridge magnets or bookmarks?

Dan has been working on the list of items, so I'll let him answer!

Brian

lotuz
01-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Hi Brian,

For the record, I think this is a great idea!

I have enough mugs and t-shirts so I haven't partaken in any of those sales, but I do have a stein that CD did a couple of years ago that I love, and a coaster that I picked up on eBay! I'd definitely get like a magnet, a bookmark, a canvas bag, another coaster, etc. Something small and that I use anyway, where I can just replace my current generic version with a nifty CD version.

DanHocker
01-31-2020, 06:34 AM
Hi Brian,

It's possible, but we're currently using Teespring for this stuff, so we're limited to what they offer. It's not as profitable as if we did them ourselves, but it really streamlines the turnaround time on production, lets us experiment with stuff, and keeps the warehouse from being cluttered with left over miscellaneous stuff from all these projects. The lineup isn't completely full yet, we still have a couple spots open. So if you see anything here that you'd like us to try let me know. We may look into a different service for the next go around. I think Cafe Press as a similar type of service but a wider array of products.

https://teespring.com/design-launcher

lotuz
02-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Mine too.

I haven't wanted to deal with it but I should probably email Mindy and see if my matching number is available...

Since I made a public post about how my numbers didn't match, I definitely need to make another public post to say that they do now, thanks to Brian and the CD team, and with very minimal effort to me. Thanks guys :rose:

Of all the odd collecting habits that I and most of the forum share, the desire for preferential or matching numbers is by far the habit that I most wish I could break (in fact I celebrate most of the other book-related habits!). It adds nothing to the aesthetics of the books or my collection and you can't even tell at all by looking at the books which ones match or don't, unless you start opening them up and comparing them. And when I have two beautiful tomes in front of me, or in this case a tome and a portfolio, why should it bother me if two numbers don't match? But it does :arg:

Oh how I long to break free of this curse :cry:

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-03-2020, 05:05 PM
I just use an ink eraser and make up my own numbers and letters.

jeffingoff
02-03-2020, 05:20 PM
I can’t not care. It’s like magic that all my Suntup numbers match. It heightens their potency.

George at C-Springs
02-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Oh, it's a disease ... the numbers have to match, no two ways about it.

Along those lines, looking for Sleeping Beauties Art Portfolio #186 to match my book!

DanHocker
02-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Shipping update for anyone who is interested. We're done shipping Revival now, I think the last of those were picked up yesterday. We'll basically be done shipping PS Publishing's version of The Stand tomorrow, though a handfull of orders will be on hold while PS sends us some replacements for damaged copies. We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Per City of Mirrors though, if you ordered a remarqued book, that'll be a little longer of a wait. The books are headed out to Jill to do the remarques in today, as soon as she sends them back we'll get them shipped out

The Library Policeman
02-05-2020, 09:36 AM
I don’t bother with matching numbers. Is that sacrilege? :(

Roseannebarr
02-05-2020, 09:49 AM

NOT TO ME. Some people swear by matching numbers and others don't. I have a Gunslinger collection that makes me very happy and did not break the bank.

Lot Guy found me #3 - 7 for $2000!! A steal in my opinion. I am starting to save for my 1 missing signed Gunslinger.

Hunchback Jack
02-05-2020, 09:56 AM

I am the same. If I’m buying a series direct from the publisher, then I’ll try to get matching numbers. But if I’m buying on the secondary market, matching numbers is nice, but I won’t pay a premium for it.

For a long time, I even bought books in the series from the publisher without matching numbers, not thinking about it. I don’t have much desire to replace them with a matching series. I have done that once or twice when the price was right, but generally I don’t think about it.

HBJ

Aremag
02-05-2020, 10:21 AM
Matching numbers?!?! Who has time for that...I'm trying to catch up on simple things like the Doubleday years GEs from CD without breaking the bank on the secondary market. Managed to get a Carrie a couple of days ago for what seems to be a steal compared to all the other listings I've seen.

St. Troy
02-05-2020, 12:05 PM

Well, let's see:

- Getting matching numbers essentially makes a set out of nothing ("nothing" meaning items that otherwise would be unrelated), and sets are cool
- Having "your" number instantly identifies you with your copy as soon as something is announced (you immediately think "don't worry, #218, papa's got the credit card ready!"), and may deepen your relationship with your book (this may be a minus if you take things too far - be careful)

OR
- You could accept whatever number you are given, and admire the book for what it is without the baggage of "must have 218!" in the event your number isn't available

OR
- You could accept whatever number you are given, and be a total sociopath by enjoying the fact that, for every different number you own, there is a collector out there in the world thinking "damn it! some other random guy has my number!" (this option suits those given to cackling at others' expense)

kingfan2323
02-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Matching sets are more rare. Rare is better.

Unless you would rather have a set without matching numbers (less rare, worth less) then matching #'s is better. Right?

At what price is the question.

DanHocker
02-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Unless you would rather have a set without matching numbers (less rare, worth less) then matching #'s is better. Right?

In my experience matching numbers only boost value when the sets are "small". For example a portfolio and the book or a trilogy. The larger the set the less value it adds, as often big sets are actually worth more sold individually than as a whole. It seems counter intuitive, but big sets limit the people who can afford said set. Where as more people can afford to blow some extra bucks on a individual item.

St. Troy
02-05-2020, 01:20 PM
...kind of like when you chop a car for parts (not that I do that) :ninja:.

DanHocker
02-05-2020, 01:29 PM
...kind of like when you chop a car for parts (not that I do that) :ninja:.

That's a fairly good analogy. The real problem is that these collectibles get really expensive, really quickly when you up the quantity. Look at signed SK limited editions. Most people might be able to afford 1 or 2 bundled together, but 4 or 5 and you're drastically limiting the number of potential buyers you can reach.

kingfan2323
02-05-2020, 02:17 PM

In my experience matching numbers only boost value when the sets are "small". For example a portfolio and the book or a trilogy. The larger the set the less value it adds, as often big sets are actually worth more sold individually than as a whole. It seems counter intuitive, but big sets limit the people who can afford said set. Where as more people can afford to blow some extra bucks on a individual item.Actually a really good point, Dan. Matching Dark Tower Set is a perfect example of that. You see those broken up a lot because of that.

BUT if you could snap your finger and own a DT set matching or not which would you choose?

Matching set you can still break up or keep it complete.

DanHocker
02-06-2020, 05:34 AM

In my experience matching numbers only boost value when the sets are "small". For example a portfolio and the book or a trilogy. The larger the set the less value it adds, as often big sets are actually worth more sold individually than as a whole. It seems counter intuitive, but big sets limit the people who can afford said set. Where as more people can afford to blow some extra bucks on a individual item.Actually a really good point, Dan. Matching Dark Tower Set is a perfect example of that. You see those broken up a lot because of that.

BUT if you could snap your finger and own a DT set matching or not which would you choose?

Matching set you can still break up or keep it complete.

Working for a company that produces these things makes me a bit jaded. I wouldn't care one way or the other about matching numbers just from being on the "inside" so to speak.

jsweet
02-06-2020, 06:32 AM
I don't care myself, so I wouldn't pay more for a matched set. That said, if a publisher is allowing me to match my numbers as a set goes along, I'll do it just because if I decide to sell it down the road maybe someone else will pay more for it.

OldCrow88
02-09-2020, 04:21 AM
I'm sure mine doesn't set a record for wait time, but I got a shipping notice for the lettered Tyler's Third Act. Originally ordered September 2015. I'm thankful it's finally on its way!

Cook
02-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Mid-January is just a week away and I gotta admit I'm getting pretty excited.
So... whats the latest story on this one? did I miss a posting?
I'm not hearing any noise (just the crickets in the background)

Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/COM.jpg

Brian

Brian,
Thank you for the update !!
I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
Please, no offense intended in my question.
Richard

The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian

Brian & or Dan,
Well its been another month since my last post and still no book or a shipping notice (email)
What is it with you guys, would it be impolite of me to ask whats the latest story.
How is it that you guys (CD) are soooo bad at this, what am I missing here?

I'm so frustrated I can't stand it, I hate sending these texts but this has gone so far beyond seriously asinine.
You've been at this now for I'm guessing better than 20 years & your company is unable to ship 250 orders a day?
Why are all the other publishers so much better at this than you (CD) guys.

The whole staff could get together for one day a week and dedicate all your energy to just shipping, call it something like "ship day Monday" pre-order pizza or sandwiches the day before to keep the momentum going.

Please, please, please just send me my last CD purchase, I promise to never order from you again. (I can't, I'm too old & have a bad heart)
I know, I know what you're thinking "JUST DIE OLD MAN" quit bothering us.. :)

Please, no offense intended in my questions or statements.
Richard

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2020, 08:14 AM
I got a shipping notice for the lettered SCREAM PLAYS. 8 years. I am very happy.

ICry4Oy
02-09-2020, 10:46 AM

Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

Brian

Brian,
I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
Richard

The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian

Brian & or Dan,
Well its been another month since my last post and still no book or a shipping notice (email)
What is it with you guys, would it be impolite of me to ask whats the latest story.

I'm so frustrated I can't stand it, I hate sending these texts but this has gone so far beyond seriously asinine.
You've been at this now for I'm guessing better than 20 years & your company is unable to ship 250 orders a day?

The whole staff could get together for one day a week and dedicate all your energy to just shipping, call it something like "ship day Monday" pre-order pizza or sandwiches the day before to keep the momentum going.

Please, please, please just send me my last CD purchase, I promise to never order from you again. (I can't, I'm too old & have a bad heart)

Richard

Dan posted this 4 days ago upthread:

We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Per City of Mirrors though, if you ordered a remarqued book, that'll be a little longer of a wait. The books are headed out to Jill to do the remarques in today, as soon as she sends them back we'll get them shipped out

Cook
02-09-2020, 10:59 AM

Brian

Brian,
Richard

Brian

Brian & or Dan,

Richard

We'll be shipping some much anticipated lettered editions of the next couple of days and then be into City of Mirrors next week. I know City of Mirrors in particular has been asked about a bunch here.

Really? Holy crap! That’s great news :smile:
I might live to see this after all.
Probably shouldn’t count my chickens yet (till I see it in my hands)

frik
02-09-2020, 11:03 PM

Well....well.....I'll spare you the details, but I've had personal experience with a certain publisher that takes over four weeks to ship 26 copies of their latest King lettered.
Happened to me two years in a row now.
Many sincere (I'm certain) apologies, but it's beyond me why 26 books can't all be shipped the same day.

Their latest is about to be shipped - not holding my breath for a speedy delivery.

sk

DanHocker
02-10-2020, 06:28 AM

Brian

Brian,
Richard

Brian

Brian & or Dan,

Richard

Yep these will be shipping this week. The books have been here for a bit, but we were working on shipping Revival so City of Mirrors had to wait. I suspect we'll finish City of Mirrors this week, things should be moving a lot faster in the shipping department now that our one part time employee just switched to full time.

herbertwest
02-10-2020, 01:59 PM
From the CD newsletter :

Hi Folks!

We're pleased to report we have a few more copies of our special signed & slipcased Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar to offer, but due to the low print run, we don't expect these copies to last very long!

REMINDER: This special edition features an exclusive bonus from Stephen King that won't appear in any other edition!

Does anybody knows what is that exclusive bonus from Stephen King? :-(

jeffingoff
02-10-2020, 03:09 PM
From the CD newsletter :

Hi Folks!

We're pleased to report we have a few more copies of our special signed & slipcased Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar to offer, but due to the low print run, we don't expect these copies to last very long!

REMINDER: This special edition features an exclusive bonus from Stephen King that won't appear in any other edition!

Does anybody knows what is that exclusive bonus from Stephen King? :-(

Maybe a teaser from the third installment?!

herbertwest
02-11-2020, 11:55 AM
The link brings to the homepage now.
So I am guessing that the signed limited edition is now sold out?

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2020, 12:05 PM
The link brings to the homepage now.
So I am guessing that the signed limited edition is now sold out?

Here's the link to the limited:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-magic-feather-signed.html

herbertwest
02-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Thanks.
Funnily enough, the book can still be purchased but the breadcrumd says it's out of print ?

Brian James Freeman
02-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Thanks.
Funnily enough, the book can still be purchased but the breadcrumd says it's out of print ?

It could be rendering differently for you because technology does stuff like that to make me crazy, but the breadcrumb is supposed to be:

Home / Every Cemetery Dance Book (Forthcoming, In-Stock, and Out of Print) / Gwendy's Magic Feather (Limited Edition)

Ricky
02-11-2020, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm writing this from the hospital. I got an e-mail saying that my copy of The City of Mirrors has shipped and I had a heart attack.

Br!an
02-11-2020, 03:25 PM
:rofl:

Brian James Freeman
02-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Hey gang... this isn't being formally announced until Wednesday afternoon, but it's going to sell out tonight due to surprisingly high demand from early birds, so here's the link for anyone here who might be interested:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/midnight-under-the-big-top.html

FYI: It's going to the printer on Monday, should be out in June.

Thanks!

Brian

Garrell
02-11-2020, 07:51 PM
Thanks. Got mine.

Dr. Dawg
02-11-2020, 07:52 PM
I was able to order a S/L and lettered earlier... It looks like a very nice collection and I love the theme!

jeffingoff
02-11-2020, 07:52 PM
I got one of each!

herbertwest
02-12-2020, 01:34 AM
Thanks.

It could be rendering differently for you because technology does stuff like that to make me crazy, but the breadcrumb is supposed to be:

Home / Every Cemetery Dance Book (Forthcoming, In-Stock, and Out of Print) / Gwendy's Magic Feather (Limited Edition)

That's actually what it says. Maybe I saw out of print and didnt look any further
An interesting anthology !

Brian James Freeman
02-12-2020, 12:20 PM
Hey gang... this isn't being formally announced until Wednesday afternoon, but it's going to sell out tonight due to surprisingly high demand from early birds, so here's the link for anyone here who might be interested:

Thanks!

Brian

Change of plans... we're going to hold off on a trade hardcover this year, so the Limited Edition and Lettered Edition are the only two editions planned at the moment.

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-12-2020, 12:30 PM

Thanks!

Brian

Change of plans... we're going to hold off on a trade hardcover this year, so the Limited Edition and Lettered Edition are the only two editions planned at the moment.

Brian

Looks like a fantastic book!

FYI. it was not as big as a surprise as the announcement made it sound. There was an ARC for sale on ebay for a full week before you announced. Who sells their ARCs before the book is even announced? I would never sell my ARCs. I love my ARCS

PS. What is the next book from your specialty press? Cant wait to hear the announcement!

Garrell
02-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Hoping he does some Josh Malerman

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-12-2020, 01:48 PM
I wanted to buy that latest offering but I'm spreading myself way too thin lately, so I reluctantly had to pass.

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2020, 06:51 AM
PS. What is the next book from your specialty press? Cant wait to hear the announcement!

Book #2 will be announced in March! :panic:

I can say I've seen this author's books in many of the "here's my book collection" photos posted on this site. Also, for those who are concerned about turnaround time between ordering and shipping, the book is being proofread, and all of the artwork is done, and the signature sheets for the Lettered Edition are circulating, and the artist is working on "original artwork pages" for the Lettered Editions. The Limited Edition print run will be set by a small "preorder only" window like REVIVAL.

All of the artwork for Book #3 (by the same author as Book #2) is done, and the book is being designed now. Book #3 will have the same print runs that are set for Book #2, so the turnaround time should be faster.

Thanks for asking!

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2020, 07:08 AM
Hey guys, I'm writing this from the hospital. I got an e-mail saying that my copy of The City of Mirrors has shipped and I had a heart attack.

Everyone better check on your health insurance because today's big production update might do the same to a lot of people. :biggrin:

Brian

jeffingoff
02-13-2020, 07:18 AM

Everyone better check on your health insurance because today's big production update might do the same to a lot of people. :biggrin:

Brian

Is this the one where you reveal that Stephen King has agreed to sign every copy of Night Shift??

(I'm just trying to pre-shock people with something outrageous as an inoculation against whatever real shock may be waiting for us)

St. Troy
02-13-2020, 07:20 AM

Brian

How soon might that go up?

Aremag
02-13-2020, 07:22 AM

Brian

Is this the one where you reveal that Stephen King has agreed to sign every copy of Night Shift??

(I'm just trying to pre-shock people with something outrageous as an inoculation against whatever real shock may be waiting for us)

No no I think this is the update where he lets me know he found copies of The Shining and 'Salem's Lot GE's for me that I can have for list.

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2020, 07:25 AM

Brian

Later today. Working on it now!

Brian

St. Troy
02-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Thanks!

webstar1000
02-13-2020, 07:36 AM

Brian

lolololol

jeffingoff
02-13-2020, 08:54 AM

Brian

Later today. Working on it now!

Brian

Great update!

webstar1000
02-13-2020, 09:00 AM
The Night Shift update was nothing.. .that cannot be it is it?

St. Troy
02-13-2020, 09:08 AM

Hey, it's actually being printed - it has left the concept stage!

I admit, although I was excited to read that it "has been started at the printer" and "is much closer to publication" but I was a little thrown by the "will be out this year" bit at the end (seems like a long time away for something that is actually coming together now, but they're probably wise to start by setting expectations low so that any change is positive).

jeffingoff
02-13-2020, 09:43 AM

I admit, although I was excited to read that it "has been started at the printer" and "is much closer to publication" but I was a little thrown by the "will be out this year" bit at the end (seems like a long time away for something that is actually coming together now, but they're probably wise to start by setting expectations low so that any change is positive).

That's exactly where I land. It's moving! I don't blame BJF for not naming a month. He's giving the guarantees he can. After the bruising year (or two) it's going to take a bit.

St. Troy
02-13-2020, 09:52 AM
I should add that I expect we will see meatier Night Shift production updates before too long.

webstar1000
02-13-2020, 09:57 AM

AHHH right. I guess I thought it was already being printed. lol

DanHocker
02-13-2020, 09:58 AM

That's exactly where I land. It's moving! I don't blame BJF for not naming a month. He's giving the guarantees he can. After the bruising year (or two) it's going to take a bit.

Yep. There's a lot of reasons to not name a date right now, but the biggest one is that this is the first time this printer is doing one of these big SK projects for us, and we just don't have a good idea of how long production is going to take / what delays might pop up with production. So it's best not to nail down a time frame, because we don't want to disappoint people if there are delays in production.

Beverly Marsh
02-14-2020, 07:19 AM
Hey it's a start for NS so I'm happy! I think the end result will be pretty awesome.

Roseannebarr
02-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the NIGHT SHIFT UPDATE. I look at it this way, I don't have to pay for my next book until later on......

Look at page 1, first post. 786 pages ago and the very first thread started for CD.

Where the hell is this book?

I wait for my books patiently, wonder where they are. When they arrive, I look at them for a few minutes and put them on the shelf (or in a crate). I don't get too excited about delayed books!

I think Brian is doing a great job at CD. I just wish he would tell me what the next Lettered Press Publication is!!!!!!!!!:panic:

Ricky
02-14-2020, 02:06 PM
City of Mirrors has arrived!

Cook
02-14-2020, 02:19 PM
City of Mirrors has arrived!

Whats the overall impression with the quality.. better or worse than "The Twelve"
Still waiting for my bundle to arrive.

Ricky
02-14-2020, 02:22 PM
I haven't opened it yet, but I'll report back when I do. I'm hoping the paper is good and thick. :)

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-14-2020, 03:14 PM
I got my lettered SCREAMPLAYS today and CITY OF MIRRORS is on its way.
It's nice to have these finally showing up!

Lookwhoitis
02-15-2020, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have Carrie Portfolio # 719?

I ordered the portfolio to go with the full Doubleday set i pre-purchased at once, but did not get a number match request in time and got delivered #432

If anyone has it I'd love to be able to swap (just signed limitation pages, so we didnt have to mail the whole portfolio)

Tommy
02-15-2020, 02:44 PM
I haven't opened it yet, but I'll report back when I do. I'm hoping the paper is good and thick. :)

Sorry to bring it up but first I heard, was there something wrong with the paper from The Twelve?

Cook
02-15-2020, 06:28 PM

Sorry to bring it up but first I heard, was there something wrong with the paper from The Twelve?

I was asking because this one “City of Mirrors” was with a different printer/binder, just curious as to the quality compared to the last “The Twelve”.

Tommy
02-15-2020, 08:26 PM

I was asking because this one “City of Mirrors” was with a different printer/binder, just curious as to the quality compared to the last “The Twelve”.

Ahh, thanks for the reply. Mine is in storage so I couldn't or didn't feel like digging it out to examine it.

Ricky
02-16-2020, 04:46 PM
I opened mine today. Actually, I like the feel of the paper for The City of Mirrors better than The Twelve. COM feels subtly textured whereas The Twelve feels more smooth. Both feel the same thickness, though.

Cook
02-18-2020, 09:02 PM
Brian and/or Dan,
Received City of Mirrors S/L'd minus the "bundle" trade edition?
Is that coming separately?
I only received one shipping notice (assumed both would come together)

DanHocker
02-19-2020, 06:03 AM
Brian and/or Dan,

Sorry you're going to have to fill me in here. I don't know what you mean by the "bundle" trade edition.

Hunchback Jack
02-19-2020, 08:47 AM
I received my City of Mirrors yesterday, and it’s a fantastic edition. Great cover and interior illustrations, and matches the other volumes in the series very well. And I received a matching number, which was much appreciated.

Thanks Brian, Dan and all at CD.

Cook
02-20-2020, 10:24 AM
Brian and/or Dan,

Sorry you're going to have to fill me in here. I don't know what you mean by the "bundle" trade edition.

My original receipt says bundle edition referencing S/l and trade edition,
The receipt you sent with the book has a different order# than my original receipt.

DanHocker
02-20-2020, 10:32 AM
Brian and/or Dan,

My original receipt says bundle edition referencing S/l and trade edition,
The receipt you sent with the book has a different order# than my original receipt.

The website order numbers are different than the ones in our order management system. Can you forward me your original receipt? I'll look into it.

DanHocker
02-21-2020, 06:04 AM
Hi guys. I've got a new SK inspired wood carving up for sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/780532315/sleeping-beauties-inspired-moth-carving?ref=shop_home_active_1

jsweet
02-25-2020, 07:57 AM
Accidentally double-ordered CD's City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin - so have a copy for sale
$60 including shipping in the U.S.; international at cost; PayPal F&F
If you care about numbers, I have #226 and #230 and have no preference about which I keep.

JohnSmith
02-26-2020, 08:41 AM
I am curious on the thoughts for those that received the City Of Mirrors signed and numbered book. If you haven't noticed, the book has no ribbon page marker. The first two books in the series did and the book description of City Of Mirrors said it would also have one. When I contacted Cemetery Dance I was told they forgot to insert the ribbon. This seems like kind of lame excuse. How do you forget that? Does it bother anyone else that there is no ribbon in the book?

DanHocker
02-26-2020, 09:01 AM
I am curious on the thoughts for those that received the City Of Mirrors signed and numbered book. If you haven't noticed, the book has no ribbon page marker. The first two books in the series did and the book description of City Of Mirrors said it would also have one. When I contacted Cemetery Dance I was told they forgot to insert the ribbon. This seems like kind of lame excuse. How do you forget that? Does it bother anyone else that there is no ribbon in the book?

Quoting Brian from the CD board here, but it wasn't our mistake. It sucks, but at the end of the day there wasn't really anything we could do about it.

Yeah, the printer. This one went to our new printer that for us is essentially replacing the two printers that closed the other year, and they missed the ribbon. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not an aspect of the production where we get something to approve ahead of time like bluelines for the interior or the DJ, or stamped boards to check the stamping, etc, and we can catch a mistake. When they miss something like the ribbon, we don't know until it's too late.

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-26-2020, 09:09 AM

Quoting Brian from the CD board here, but it wasn't our mistake. It sucks, but at the end of the day there wasn't really anything we could do about it.

Yeah, the printer. This one went to our new printer that for us is essentially replacing the two printers that closed the other year, and they missed the ribbon. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not an aspect of the production where we get something to approve ahead of time like bluelines for the interior or the DJ, or stamped boards to check the stamping, etc, and we can catch a mistake. When they miss something like the ribbon, we don't know until it's too late.

Brian

I don't like ribbons.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-26-2020, 09:45 AM
The lack of a ribbon marker doesn't bother me in the least. I never use them.

Ricky
02-26-2020, 03:29 PM

It's a nice book but yes, it does bother me. Even though it wasn't their fault, it still doesn't sit well with me that those who pre-ordered weren't made aware of this (at least, not that I know of) ahead of shipping. Probably not the intention, but it seems like they were hoping no one would notice.

In terms of the new printer CD is using, my copy of COM was bumped on the bottom spine (which CD exchanged for a new one very promptly). Now the new one has the spine backing separating completely from the page block when you open the book. I'm still waiting to hear back from Mindy about this one. I'm sure they'll make it right but I'm not impressed with this new printer so far, especially considering I've NEVER had an issues with any CD book I've ordered before this.

richardsrarebooks
02-26-2020, 04:57 PM
My copy was perfect. CD was very apologetic about the missing ribbon marker. Since all copies have this problem I can live with it.

Brian James Freeman
02-26-2020, 08:24 PM
There have definitely been a few bumps in the road with the new printer. There often are when we start using a new printer, which is why we've always been reluctant to do so even when it would have been a good idea for our output.

But sometimes you're forced to make a change, which is what happened here, as I know all of you know. There have been some issues we DID catch on the bluelines or the stamping approval copies, and they were mostly due to some confusion on our CSR's part about our expectations.

The good news is, I believe any mistakes that have happened won't be repeated on future projects. That doesn't help the projects that are done, of course, and we understand any disappointment.

We absolutely HATE when a book doesn't turn out exactly as we planned. We try to be especially diligent about production values because we know how much patience our collectors have shown us over the years with our less than ideal publication schedule. You've been patient, you've waited, and you should get something beautiful.

We dropped the ball on this one, and we're working to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks again to everyone for their patience and understanding.

Best,
Brian

Kingfan24
02-26-2020, 10:08 PM
When do you guys expect the lettered COM to ship?

DanHocker
02-27-2020, 05:56 AM

We sent a copy of the lettered edition of to the case maker who made the previous 2 cases as soon as we had one. I don't think he was working on anything else yet, so it should be at the top of his to do list. His turnaround times vary pretty drastically though, because he's a one man shop and does work for 3 or 4 small publishers, plus whatever else he does. So I don't really want to give a time frame as we just don't actually know.

Kingfan24
02-27-2020, 09:09 AM

We sent a copy of the lettered edition of to the case maker who made the previous 2 cases as soon as we had one. I don't think he was working on anything else yet, so it should be at the top of his to do list. His turnaround times vary pretty drastically though, because he's a one man shop and does work for 3 or 4 small publishers, plus whatever else he does. So I don't really want to give a time frame as we just don't actually know.

Thanks Dan!

webstar1000
02-27-2020, 09:51 AM
ANY rough idea of Fright or Flight Lettered? 2020 for a release you think guys?

Brian James Freeman
02-27-2020, 10:09 AM

Until SK signs the sheets, it'll be impossible to set a schedule. I know Richard was checking on that, though.

Brian

webstar1000
02-27-2020, 10:23 AM

Until SK signs the sheets, it'll be impossible to set a schedule. I know Richard was checking on that, though.

Brian

Holy! He still hasnt signed them Bri? Crazy.. that was announced couple years ago now. It would take King like 5 mins (Or less) to sign the 60 or so pages. LOL Hopefully Richard gets his ass in gear!

lotuz
02-27-2020, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to share here that I have two Cemetery Dance auctions up right now, if folks are interested.

One for some Cemetery Dance Select ARCs (I've seen these pop up here and there) and one for a matching set of the first three Graveyard Editions (I have not seen any of these sets up for sale, just single books):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254524194168

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254524203162

Alec
02-27-2020, 03:15 PM
Kris, I believe monies were sent for ‘Fright or Flight’ lettered in 2018.
Cemetery Dance update on 24th February 2020 states it will be in print by 2021.
(That is if 52 signature sheets can be completed in a year.)
I must learn to moderate my expectations.

amd013
02-27-2020, 03:33 PM
Kris, I believe monies were sent for ‘Fright or Flight’ lettered in 2018.
Cemetery Dance update on 24th February 2020 states it will be in print by 2021.
(That is if 52 signature sheets can be completed in a year.)
I must learn to moderate my expectations.

Actually, that comment about it being available next year is in the "previous update", and that update came out a long time ago, so seems 2020 should still be a possibility.

Patrick
02-27-2020, 10:03 PM
I received my copy of CITY OF MIRRORS. It fits in well with the previous two books and I’m happy with the quality and design, illustrations, etc. I didn’t notice the ribbon anomaly and likely never would have, so it doesn’t bother me. I think CD did a fine job and I’m pleased to complete the trilogy.

I do have one issue though. My number doesn’t match the prior two books. So.. does anyone out there have COM #360? I have #392 to trade.

Cook
02-28-2020, 04:32 AM
I received my copy of CITY OF MIRRORS. It fits in well with the previous two books and I’m happy with the quality and design, illustrations, etc. I didn’t notice the ribbon anomaly and likely never would have, so it doesn’t bother me. I think CD did a fine job and I’m pleased to complete the trilogy.

I do have one issue though. My number doesn’t match the prior two books. So.. does anyone out there have COM #360? I have #392 to trade.

Ouch :confused:

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-28-2020, 05:06 AM
I never even thought to check the numbers.
My first two are the same, but MIRRORS isn't even close.

PennyUnwise
02-28-2020, 05:16 AM
Yikes.

DanHocker
02-28-2020, 06:03 AM
Sorry you guys didn't get your matching numbers. I will say I tried to match everyone I could, but as always you really needed to have requested it (not saying you didn't, sometimes those things get missed). I don't always have the requests from previous books to reference, and unfortunately I didn't on this one.

ICry4Oy
02-28-2020, 09:35 AM
I got an email the week COM shipped asking what number I had for The Twelve. I told her 665. She told me there was a mixup and that someone else had The Passage #665 and The Twelve (PC) copy and they wanted COM #665 and would it be okay if I got another number. I told her to just forget it and would like a refund. She refunded my money with no problem. I'll get rid of my copy of The Twelve eventually. I'm losing the collecting bug and also got a refund for Interview With A Vampire.

webstar1000
02-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Wow... I am really sorry to be seeing this. I heard from some others that this has happened. As sad as it is for the customer... I am sure this is NOT what CD wants to take place that is for sure.

DanHocker
02-28-2020, 10:15 AM
I got an email the week COM shipped asking what number I had for The Twelve. I told her 665. She told me there was a mixup and that someone else had The Passage #665 and The Twelve (PC) copy and they wanted COM #665 and would it be okay if I got another number. I told her to just forget it and would like a refund. She refunded my money with no problem. I'll get rid of my copy of The Twelve eventually. I'm losing the collecting bug and also got a refund for Interview With A Vampire.

Yea I remember that one. It was one of a couple of cases were we had 2 different people requesting the same number. When that happens we email both people who requested, to confirm we entered their request correctly, then we ask them if either would be willing to take a different number. It's a little more clear cut when I have records to work from, but for whatever reason I don't have a number request sheet for The Twelve. I'm thinking we must of handled the requests for that one manually on the orders instead of making a spreadsheet.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-28-2020, 11:16 AM
I have NO idea whether I asked for the same number or not, it was so long ago, and I usually couldn't care less what number or letter I get, but since I loved this trilogy so much, I must admit I am now a bit disappointed I did not get the same number. But, as the Greeks say, "Ces't la vie, mein Freund!"

jeffingoff
02-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Conversations like this one have prompted me to make sure I request numbers every single time. And not feel like a nag for re-requesting. I just checked with Mindy about my number for Night Shift and she confirmed I'll be getting number 34 (with a remarque). Doesn't hurt. Sorry about your numbers being off. It'd weigh on me, too.

kingfan2323
02-28-2020, 12:55 PM
Shame about the non-matching numbers.

Anyone have news on The Institute Slipcase? It's been 21 weeks.

When will CDCC #9 and CDCC #10's supposedly included S/L books be arriving on my doorstep?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Conversations like this one have prompted me to make sure I request numbers every single time. And not feel like a nag for re-requesting. I just checked with Mindy about my number for Night Shift and she confirmed I'll be getting number 34 (with a remarque). Doesn't hurt. Sorry about your numbers being off. It'd weigh on me, too.

THIS, 100%. Please never feel like you're "nagging" by sending a follow-up email to check that your number has been recorded, etc.

We WANT people to get the right numbers, obviously! It's bad for us when the customer is so happy to receive the book but then feels deflated by seeing the wrong number, etc. And then feels like he or she has to jump through hoops to get it fixed.

Mindy, Dan, and I are brainstorming ideas to prevent this in the future. It's usually been a rare issue, so we're still not sure what has happened lately.

Whether that preventative measure is sending some specific "YO, WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" emails prior to shipping, something else, or a combination, I'm not sure yet... But we definitely want to cut this off at the pass as much as possible!

Brian

brionen
02-28-2020, 01:53 PM

THIS, 100%. Please never feel like you're "nagging" by sending a follow-up email to check that your number has been recorded, etc.

We WANT people to get the right numbers, obviously! It's bad for us when the customer is so happy to receive the book but then feels deflated by seeing the wrong number, etc. And then feels like he or she has to jump through hoops to get it fixed.

Mindy, Dan, and I are brainstorming ideas to prevent this in the future. It's usually been a rare issue, so we're still not sure what has happened lately.

Whether that preventative measure is sending some specific "YO, WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" emails prior to shipping, something else, or a combination, I'm not sure yet... But we definitely want to cut this off at the pass as much as possible!

Brian

Would it be possible to add a space for number requests on the initial order form, so that it is part of the order itself and not something we need to remember to send a follow-up email on or that you guys need to reach out to everyone on individually?

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2020, 02:02 PM
Would it be possible to add a space for number requests on the initial order form, so that it is part of the order itself and not something we need to remember to send a follow-up email on or that you guys need to reach out to everyone on individually?

Years ago, we did have an additional comments field! The problem was, it doesn’t have anywhere to go in the order management program. Because our shopping cart and our order management program are from two different companies, they don’t always play nice together. And because we have so much data in the current systems, we’ve never found a good way to migrate somewhere else. But that is definitely something we talk about, and I do want it to happen.

Brian

Munnecom
02-28-2020, 02:55 PM
How does one go about requesting a number from CD? I’ve never done so before, but when you announce the next Matthew Corbett book from Robert McCammon, I’ll want to match it to the other six same-numbered books I have.

Does it matter that I got the last book (Cardinal Black) on the secondary market? The seller promised to relinquish their right and not request “my” number, but that deal is not recorded anywhere except in some messages we exchanged via eBay.

Roseannebarr
02-28-2020, 03:01 PM

Years ago, we did have an additional comments field! The problem was, it doesn’t have anywhere to go in the order management program. Because our shopping cart and our order management program are from two different companies, they don’t always play nice together. And because we have so much data in the current systems, we’ve never found a good way to migrate somewhere else. But that is definitely something we talk about, and I do want it to happen.

Brian

This number thing drives me CRAZY!! It sounds so simple, but it has to be a book seller nightmare!

My series 3 of Little books is ruined by 1 book, because I got 1 out of series from CD. RUINED :cry:

PS ruined my series of King reprints, by sending out 1 book in the series by mistake.

I started the same series with Overlook and I now pay 20% surcharge just to keep the series intack.

I begged Mindy to let me buy the little book series in full and you just keep sending me my books, but she said the system does not work like that. So now I have to watch every month to purchase the book, request my number and hope for the best.

Who invented this number thing??? There must be a special place in HE double toothpicks for them. :clap:

PS. I used the word RUINED for dramatic effect.

Tommy
02-28-2020, 03:07 PM
A wise collector pointed out to me that the numbering system ensures the print run is accurate and that a potentially unscrupulous publishing company (not that CD would ever do this) could announce a print run of say 1000 but print 1100 or something like that and no one would ever know if they were not numbered.

Br!an
02-28-2020, 04:36 PM
A wise collector pointed out to me that the numbering system ensures the print run is accurate and that a potentially unscrupulous publishing company (not that CD would ever do this) could announce a print run of say 1000 but print 1100 or something like that and no one would ever know if they were not numbered.

That can happen anyway. In order to receive 1000 pristine copies a publisher has to order ~10% more to ensure they have 1000 pristine copies for their customers.

So if all of the copies ordered are pristine, the publisher receives 1100 copies. Hence 100 PC copies. :doh:

Patrick
02-28-2020, 05:43 PM

In regards to the matching number request discussion, I had requested my number but that was a few years ago when I originally ordered the book. It didn’t occur to me to restate the request more recently when the book was close to shipping. It would have been a smart move... which is probably why it wasn’t on my mind whatsoever.

Anyway, after posting here late last night, I emailed Mindy. Good news. CD still has my correct number in their inventory. So we’re working a switch. I am so relieved!

Hunchback Jack
02-28-2020, 06:24 PM
Sending out an email before a title ships asking for numbers would be okay ... as long as a reply isn't required if I'd already requested the number on preorder.

Had a recent email been sent out for COM, I would have missed it and missed my number. As it turned out, I did get my matching number, thankfully, as I'd asked for it on preorder.

So if you could accept matching number requests EITHER at preorder, OR right before shipping, that would cause fewer problems, I think.

HBJ

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-28-2020, 06:59 PM
My number on the first two books is 162.
I received number 366 on COM.

Patrick
02-28-2020, 07:01 PM
My number on the first two books is 162.
I received number 366 on COM.
Be sure to email Mindy ASAP. Good luck!

ICry4Oy
02-28-2020, 07:22 PM
Regarding requesting numbers when ordering a book, I dug thru my OLD emails (XXX'd some identifying stuff). This was Mindy's response to my request:

Added request!

Thanks, ~MINDY

--

Mindy Jarusek, Production Manager

Cemetery Dance Publications
132-B Industry Lane, Unit #7
Forest Hill, MD 21050

www.cemeterydance.com

Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM
To: Mindy Jarusek <order@cemeterydance.com>
Subject: Re: Your Cemetery Dance Publications Order XXXXXX

Hi,

My copy of "The Twelve" is number 665 and would like for this book number to match.

Thank you,

-Clay XXXX
Dallas, TX

Tommy
02-28-2020, 08:57 PM

That can happen anyway. In order to receive 1000 pristine copies a publisher has to order ~10% more to ensure they have 1000 pristine copies for their customers.

So if all of the copies ordered are pristine, the publisher receives 1100 copies. Hence 100 PC copies. :doh:

But those would be PCs and not officially part of the numbered print run and more often than not (a few exceptions) are not worth as much as the numbered ones. They are there own little collector subset. But you already know that, doncha Br!an? :smile_002:

frik
02-29-2020, 12:36 AM
How does one go about requesting a number from CD? I’ve never done so before, but when you announce the next Matthew Corbett book from Robert McCammon, I’ll want to match it to the other six same-numbered books I have.

Does it matter that I got the last book (Cardinal Black) on the secondary market? The seller promised to relinquish their right and not request “my” number, but that deal is not recorded anywhere except in some messages we exchanged via eBay.

Whenever you order a title, contact CD/Mindy and put in the request.

If you got a book on the secondary market, the seller should have contacted CD and inform Mindy. At least, that's what I do whenever I sell one of "my" numbers... If this did not happen, I'd contact CD and put in my request for the correct number.

Good luck, Luc!

sk

allasorte
02-29-2020, 08:33 AM
I wanted to say thank you to CD for the safe delivery of Revival and the UK The Stand. I heard The Stand had a lot of damaged copies.

kingfan2323
02-29-2020, 09:35 AM

When will CDCC #9 and CDCC #10's supposedly included S/L books be arriving on my doorstep?

Brian861
02-29-2020, 10:18 AM
I personally think Brian got it right when he chose not to number Revival. Image how much of a PITA that isn't for him and focus can be steered towards more productive things. Pre-orders set the total run and boom, you're done. Understandable that more books will have to be printed to allow for mistakes.

So if you're reading this, Brian. Save yourself the future heartache, my friend! :)

DanHocker
02-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Institute slipcase is at the case maker. I haven't heard an update though on where it's at in production. Brian will have to awnser about the books, because I'm not sure. I think 10's might be in proof reading. I know 9's had a bunch of signatures in it, those might still be circulating (assuming I'm remembering which title is the one for 9)

DanHocker
02-29-2020, 02:01 PM
Sending out an email before a title ships asking for numbers would be okay ... as long as a reply isn't required if I'd already requested the number on preorder.

Had a recent email been sent out for COM, I would have missed it and missed my number. As it turned out, I did get my matching number, thankfully, as I'd asked for it on preorder.

So if you could accept matching number requests EITHER at preorder, OR right before shipping, that would cause fewer problems, I think.

HBJ

Generally speaking we can accept matching number requests at any time from initial pre-order to about a week before the books ship. I personally hesitate to specially send out an email asking people to request their matching number, because in most cases people don't generally care about a matching number and wouldn't even request one. Once you put the option in front of them, then all of the sudden they'll take that option, even if they wouldn't have cared if you hadn't said anything.

It's kinda a fine line to balance, because specific number requests tend to add a lot of time to the shipping / prep process. As well as complication.

Ari_Racing
03-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Brian, I sent you an email with a couple of inquires :)

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2020, 08:39 PM

Is that the February 14 email I just found sorted into the wrong folder? :arg: Sigh...

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2020, 08:43 PM

I know the slipcase maker has all of the materials and the stamping dies now, but I'm waiting on their estimated ship date. I'll be checking in this week, though.

I'll need to check on the status of the signature sheet for the CDCC 9 book, but I recall it being in the home stretch. CDCC 10's book is being proofread now. The author either has the signature sheets or has returned them. I'll have to ask Dan tomorrow to confirm that!

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2020, 08:48 PM
Great feedback about how we collect book number requests. Thank you! We're looking at what changes we can make to improve the process. We WANT you to get your number whenever possible. It's good for you as a collector, and it's important for us as a business. So, we definitely hear you on this issue.

Brian

DanHocker
03-03-2020, 06:49 AM

I'll need to check on the status of the signature sheet for the CDCC 9 book, but I recall it being in the home stretch. CDCC 10's book is being proofread now. The author either has the signature sheets or has returned them. I'll have to ask Dan tomorrow to confirm that!

Best,
Brian

Signature sheets for CDCC 10 book are back, so we're just in proof reading. The sheets aren't back yet for the book for 9. If they're where I think they are, when they're done there, I think they still need one more signature.

kingfan2323
03-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Best,
Brian

Signature sheets for CDCC 10 book are back, so we're just in proof reading. The sheets aren't back yet for the book for 9. If they're where I think they are, when they're done there, I think they still need one more signature.So probably months away still?

And The Institute Slip? That is a month and a half late at this point.

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2020, 12:47 PM
And The Institute Slip? That is a month and a half late at this point.

The answer above from 12 hours ago hasn't changed. :) I know the slipcase maker has all of the materials and the stamping dies now, but I'm waiting on their estimated ship date. I'll be checking in this week, though. If you'd like a refund, just contact Mindy and she'll help you out!

Brian

Aremag
03-03-2020, 01:40 PM
I could use a The Institute slipcase so someone cancel their order damnit.

MLG
03-03-2020, 10:18 PM
I could use a The Institute slipcase so someone cancel their order damnit.

They typically have a few available when they finish shipping. Subscribe to their mailing list and you should get a chance to purchase one.

Garrell
03-04-2020, 02:34 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200304/01059d6756d11ab390625ac27b130b42.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200304/890950ca77237982d6371c3b9fb19e58.jpg
Very nice job Cemetery Dance.

herbertwest
03-06-2020, 02:14 PM
CD added some interesting auctions on ebay:
- Blockade Billy proof: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAdvanced-Review-Copy-BLOCKADE-BILLY-Stephen-King-Cemetery-Dance%2F153852689442%3Fhash%3Ditem23d255bc22%3Ag%3 AOLUAAOSwpaZeXpft&campid=5338572112&toolid=20008
- Blockad Billy - white proof : https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FRARE-Advanced-Review-Copy-Interoffice-Ed-BLOCKADE-BILLY-Stephen-King-CD-Pub%2F153856014360%3Fhash%3Ditem23d2887818%3Ag%3AK wsAAOSwA2NeYsL1&campid=5338572112&toolid=20008
- Six scary stories, with intro by King : https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAdvanced-Review-Copy-SIX-SCARY-STORIES-Stephen-King-Cemetery-Dance%2F153854069309%3Fhash%3Ditem23d26aca3d%3Ag%3 AvasAAOSw12NeYF6u&campid=5338572112&toolid=20008

Brian861
03-07-2020, 08:42 AM
Question, Brian regarding the Cemetery Dance Gold Seal line. With King being super busy I'm sure with other projects and not getting any younger; will this ever become a realistic line of books? I believe it has been years since the announcement of the first one and I'm debating to cancel it if the line is never going to come to fruition. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Question, Brian regarding the Cemetery Dance Gold Seal line. With King being super busy I'm sure with other projects and not getting any younger; will this ever become a realistic line of books? I believe it has been years since the announcement of the first one and I'm debating to cancel it if the line is never going to come to fruition. Thanks!

Really good question. I was actually just texting with Richard on this topic the other night… About when he was going to nudge Steve and find out when this can be done. He told me it is on the discussion list for this month, along with some other pending projects. I will report back with whatever news I get!

Brian

St. Troy
03-07-2020, 01:06 PM
I have to say, those Graveyard Editions look mighty nice and are a great idea, very attractive books with very small price tags. I'd love to see one of John Coyne's Hobgoblin, and if I'd been quicker, I might've taken A Head Full Of Ghosts.

Brian861
03-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Really good question. I was actually just texting with Richard on this topic the other night… About when he was going to nudge Steve and find out when this can be done. He told me it is on the discussion list for this month, along with some other pending projects. I will report back with whatever news I get!

Brian

Thank you! I'll hold off until I hear back from ya.

I have to say, those Graveyard Editions look mighty nice and are a great idea, very attractive books with very small price tags. I'd love to see one of John Coyne's Hobgoblin, and if I'd been quicker, I might've taken A Head Full Of Ghosts.

Agreed! The look really nice on the shelf together. The latest one was just announced.

andyg75
03-08-2020, 07:01 AM

Pardon my ignorance, what is this ‘gold seal’?

jsweet
03-08-2020, 07:07 AM

It was supposed to be a new series from CD "selected and introduced by Stephen King" (announced in 2016)
https://www.cemeterydance.com/dark-debts-cemetery-dance-gold-seal-1.html

Ari_Racing
03-08-2020, 08:06 AM

Is that the February 14 email I just found sorted into the wrong folder? :arg: Sigh...

Yeap :)

andyg75
03-08-2020, 08:09 AM

It was supposed to be a new series from CD "selected and introduced by Stephen King" (announced in 2016)
https://www.cemeterydance.com/dark-debts-cemetery-dance-gold-seal-1.html

Thank you kindly

DanHocker
03-09-2020, 05:16 AM

They're honestly my favorite thing we're producing right now.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 11:56 AM
I have a $560US gift card for CD. I’ve had it for awhile and haven’t used it. Taking offers:) I talked to Mindy and she can transfer it. I’ve gone down to just collecting King now and have Pre paid everything coming so no longer need this and if something new comes along again... I’ll just grab it:)

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-13-2020, 01:27 PM
I wonder if on the current Cemetery Dance E-Bay auctions the two books, THE LOST BLOCH VOLUME TWO and HELL ON EARTH isn't the same book flipped over and mistakenly listed twice. The front and back covers both look like front covers on the proof.
Unless they have two copies?

DanHocker
03-16-2020, 05:32 AM
I wonder if on the current Cemetery Dance E-Bay auctions the two books, THE LOST BLOCH VOLUME TWO and HELL ON EARTH isn't the same book flipped over and mistakenly listed twice. The front and back covers both look like front covers on the proof.
Unless they have two copies?

Good catch. Thanks!

playdohman
03-16-2020, 12:44 PM
For the CD ebay auction for UK Slipcased Signed Limited INSOMNIA Stephen King — Stodder Houghton, this is not the s/l but the facsimile signature "gift" edition. Based on the $305 bid so far they may think they are bidding on the true signed limited.

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2020, 12:55 PM
For the CD ebay auction for UK Slipcased Signed Limited INSOMNIA Stephen King — Stodder Houghton, this is not the s/l but the facsimile signature "gift" edition. Based on the $305 bid so far they may think they are bidding on the true signed limited.

Thanks! I’ll send a note to Mindy!

webstar1000
03-16-2020, 01:01 PM
Anyone have a copy of Dark Advant? I will take a beat up copy but I really wanna read it? Like anyone got a well read proof or something?

MLG
03-16-2020, 05:41 PM
Anyone have a copy of Dark Advant? I will take a beat up copy but I really wanna read it? Like anyone got a well read proof or something?

If you are looking for Dark Advent from Brian Hodge Abe Books has paperbacks starting under $5.00 and the Cemetery Dance edition starting under $20.00. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_-home-_-Results&kn=&an=brian+hodge&tn=dark+advent&isbn=

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2020, 07:22 PM

Thanks again for the heads-up! Facsimile signatures are the work of the devil, and Mindy didn't realize there were "really signed" and "fake signed" versions.

Brian

Hunchback Jack
03-16-2020, 08:31 PM

Thanks again for the heads-up! Facsimile signatures are the work of the devil, and Mindy didn't realize there were "really signed" and "fake signed" versions.

Brian

It’s really a trap. Some of the Hodder and Stoughton facsimile sigs look genuine unless you compare two copies, look really closely, or just know. One in particular, I think it’s Dolores Claiborne, has fooled quite a few collectors.

HBJ

DanHocker
03-17-2020, 05:06 AM

If you're not opposed to eBooks. Dark Advent is one of the titles we're running a sale on right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Advent-Brian-Hodge-ebook/dp/B01BPBCONI/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

webstar1000
03-17-2020, 05:06 AM

If you're not opposed to eBooks. Dark Advent is one of the titles we're running a sale on right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Advent-Brian-Hodge-ebook/dp/B01BPBCONI/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I cannot read an ebook:(

Ari_Racing
03-17-2020, 06:39 AM
Hello, Brian!

Don't forget about my email please :) :)

amd013
03-17-2020, 07:17 AM
Hello, Brian!

I sent you one two or three weeks ago too.

Bev Vincent
03-20-2020, 03:44 AM
Rich posted about this to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram yesterday: Stephen King Revisited - Volume One (https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephen-king-revisited-v1.html)

Garrell
03-20-2020, 05:40 AM
Just ordered it :smile_002:

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-20-2020, 05:49 AM
Any updates on when the limited and lettered GWENDY'S MAGIC FEATHER might be shipping (along with the free ARC that I received in a dream I had the other night).

amd013
03-20-2020, 07:00 AM
Rich posted about this to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram yesterday: Stephen King Revisited - Volume One (https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephen-king-revisited-v1.html)

Is this just going to be a reprint of what he posted to the website? I notice it only includes the books he covered until he stopped in 2016.

Sounds interesting, but trying to avoid buying books about King, so will probably pass.

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2020, 08:14 AM

With more content for the website planned, starting this summer!

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2020, 08:17 AM
Any updates on when the limited and lettered GWENDY'S MAGIC FEATHER might be shipping (along with the free ARC that I received in a dream I had the other night).

I think these editions will go to the printer after The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 and Night Shift have been completed and shipped to us. We'd like to see how those two bigger projects turn out before sending anything else big to the new printer. (Less complicated projects are continuing to be sent to our small local printer that we've worked with for years, but they cannot print a "regular" Lettered Edition, let alone something on the scale of these SK projects.)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2020, 08:19 AM
Hello, Brian!

I sent you one two or three weeks ago too.

Catching up on my email this weekend. It's been a little hectic these past few weeks! :panic:

Brian

lotuz
03-20-2020, 09:46 AM

I have to admit, unfortunately, that my first thought upon hearing that there is another Richard Chizmar book, was that it will almost certainly be printed, bound, and released before the book I pre-ordered in October 2015, or the one I pre-ordered in May of 2016, or the one I pre-ordered in September of 2016...

Or the one from July 2017, or the one from September 2017, or the one from January 2018, or the one from February 2018, or the one from...

Widow's Point was announced in November 2017, after five of my pre-ordered books were already paid for, and made it to release in February 2018, just as I was pre-ordering The Southern Reach Trilogy (still not released).

Gwendy's Magic Feather was announced in May 2019 and the trade was published in November (yes I remember that this was a different case, as both the numbered and lettered are experiencing the usual delays).

Yesterday I get an announcement that Stephen King - Revisited is up for pre-order and scheduled for Fall 2020. Would anyone like to take bets that this book, through some miracle of printing and binding prowess, will not see any delays at all?

I have a spreadsheet of all of my pre-orders. If all of my CD pre-orders were to arrive today, the average time between pre-order and release would be 459 days. The longest is 1613 days and counting. The average time would actually be longer, but earlier this year I cancelled 4 different orders that were between 575 and 1155 days past pre-order.

For comparison, the average time between pre-order and release for Sub Press is 165 days, and the longest outstanding is 303 days (156 days shorter than the average CD release).

Brian, Dan, I believe that both of you are doing the best job that you can do. I believe that you are trying to make up the deficit as best as you can, and I recognize that for obvious reasons, this deficit is likely to grow rather than shrink this year. I appreciate, Brian, that you have taken some of the lessons learned from CD and tried to use them to make LetterPress a better small press. I appreciate, Dan, that when the books actually arrive, you have to make decisions about what to ship first and thus which customers to make angry, and I think you handle this very well. So please know that I (and I think most of us) recognize that this is not you guys messing up, and that I (and I think most of us) are actually very happy with the support and help that you two provide.

But at what point do you think this starts to look like 2007, when this thread started?

At what point can you reasonably say to Richard "this press is badly mismanaged and we need to make some fundamental changes?"

The announcement of Stephen King - Revisited was my catalyst here. What absolutely horrible optics, announcing and releasing Chizmar's books on time, while literally every high profile author CD publishes (Clvie Barker, Gillian Flynn, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Joe Hill, Jeff VanderMeer) has delays ranging from 1 to 5+ years :frown2:

OK my other catalyst is the current stressful situation of having all of my work travel cancelled indefinitely, leaving me much more time than usual to do things like calculate and compare the average lag between announcement and delivery for multiple publishers. So that's definitely not on you guys...

EDIT: I should be clear - I'm not fishing for a "this will all be done ASAP, we are gonna get so much out the door, etc" response. I know you guys are working hard. For the purposes of this thread, you can treat my questions as rhetorical. What I really want to know, but what I don't expect you to post here, because it's CD's internal company business, is at what point do these delays upon delays upon delays actually result in real, actionable changes in the way that CD operates? Again, you can treat this as rhetorical. I mean, we'll see that change, if it ever happens. I promise, I'll notice when my delayed books start showing up. I'll notice when the lag between pre-order and delivery is 6-12 months, instead of 15-60 months.

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 09:53 AM

I have to admit, unfortunately, that my first thought upon hearing that there is another Richard Chizmar book, was that it will almost certainly be printed, bound, and released before the book I pre-ordered in October 2015, or the one I pre-ordered in May of 2016, or the one I pre-ordered in September of 2016...

Or the one from July 2017, or the one from September 2017, or the one from January 2018, or the one from February 2018, or the one from...

Widow's Point was announced in November 2017, after five of my pre-ordered books were already paid for, and made it to release in February 2018, just as I was pre-ordering The Southern Reach Trilogy (still not released).

Gwendy's Magic Feather was announced in May 2019 and the trade was published in November (yes I remember that this was a different case, as both the numbered and lettered are experiencing the usual delays).

Yesterday I get an announcement that Stephen King - Revisited is up for pre-order and scheduled for Fall 2020. Would anyone like to take bets that this book, through some miracle of printing and binding prowess, will not see any delays at all?

I have a spreadsheet of all of my pre-orders. If all of my CD pre-orders were to arrive today, the average time between pre-order and release would be 459 days. The longest is 1613 days and counting. The average time would actually be longer, but earlier this year I cancelled 4 different orders that were between 575 and 1155 days past pre-order.

For comparison, the average time between pre-order and release for Sub Press is 165 days, and the longest outstanding is 303 days (156 days shorter than the average CD release).

Brian, Dan, I believe that both of you are doing the best job that you can do. I believe that you are trying to make up the deficit as best as you can, and I recognize that for obvious reasons, this deficit is likely to grow rather than shrink this year. I appreciate, Brian, that you have taken some of the lessons learned from CD and tried to use them to make LetterPress a better small press. I appreciate, Dan, that when the books actually arrive, you have to make decisions about what to ship first and thus which customers to make angry, and I think you handle this very well. So please know that I (and I think most of us) recognize that this is not you guys messing up, and that I (and I think most of us) are actually very happy with the support and help that you two provide.

But at what point do you think this starts to look like 2007, when this thread started?

At what point can you reasonably say to Richard "this press is badly mismanaged and we need to make some fundamental changes?"

The announcement of Stephen King - Revisited was my catalyst here. What absolutely horrible optics, announcing and releasing Chizmar's books on time, while literally every high profile author CD publishes (Clvie Barker, Gillian Flynn, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Joe Hill, Jeff VanderMeer) has delays ranging from 1 to 5+ years :frown2:

OK my other catalyst is the current stressful situation of having all of my work travel cancelled indefinitely, leaving me much more time than usual to do things like calculate and compare the average lag between announcement and delivery for multiple publishers. So that's definitely not on you guys...

unfortunately I had this EXACT same reaction to the news of this book. I agree with every last bit of this post.

Ricky
03-20-2020, 10:02 AM
Yup, me too. I roll my eyes every time I get a CD newsletter that says another Chizmar book is being announced and printed while there's books I've had on order for years that are likely to not see the light of day anytime soon.

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We always forward your feedback in case it might prove helpful for the decision makers, which Dan and I are not.

Brian

Kingfan24
03-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We always forward your feedback in case it might prove helpful for the decision makers, which Dan and I are not.

Brian

Good luck Brian - solid leadership and decision making are paramount right now.

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 10:10 AM

Brian

If you ever run for office, I will vote for you. I don't care what party you'd run under. But the way you said everything you needed to say in this post is really well-played.

Randall Flagg
03-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Not that I am recommending it, but people boycotting the purchase of Chizmar books (with a specific note indicating why you are not buying the book) would send a clear message.

Hunchback Jack
03-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Based on your dates, I think you and I have more or less the same titles on preorder, lotuz. :D

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 10:43 AM
Based on your dates, I think you and I have more or less the same titles on preorder, lotuz. :D

I think i might die if TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS ever ships. It will at least make me question who I am. Because for so long I have been The One Who Waits for TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS. I don't know how to be The One Who Holds TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS. My tremendous patience for TDTL has underscored my identity as a collector. Once I have the book, I won't be able to point to Order #218768 from November 22nd 2013 as testimony to my loyalty and self discipline. For that, I'd have to turn to Order #288275 from November 2nd 2015 for FOUR HALLOWEENS 2.

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 10:57 AM

I think i might die if TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS ever ships. It will at least make me question who I am. Because for so long I have been The One Who Waits for TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS. I don't know how to be The One Who Holds TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS. My tremendous patience for TDTL has underscored my identity as a collector. Once I have the book, I won't be able to point to Order #218768 from November 22nd 2013 as testimony to my loyalty and self discipline. For that, I'd have to turn to Order #288275 from November 2nd 2015 for FOUR HALLOWEENS 2.

EDIT: I thought FOUR HALLOWEENS was the name of the book, not how long I'd have to wait. God, I hope it doesn't go to FIVE HALLOWEENS.

Br!an
03-20-2020, 11:34 AM

EDIT: I thought FOUR HALLOWEENS was the name of the book, not how long I'd have to wait. God, I hope it doesn't go to FIVE HALLOWEENS.

Brilliant minds, etc....

thedarktower.org-Cemetery-Dance=post961844 (https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?5552-Cemetery-Dance-discussion-thread&p=961844&viewfull=1#post961844)

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 11:36 AM

Brilliant minds, etc....

thedarktower.org-Cemetery-Dance=post961844 (https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?5552-Cemetery-Dance-discussion-thread&p=961844&viewfull=1#post961844)

Hahahaha you were downright clairvoyant in 2015! It's a joke that gets less funny the more Halloweens we pass.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-20-2020, 11:41 AM
I did a mental count of how many books I have coming, bought and paid for, from various publishers, and came up with 15, which may or may not be accurate. About 4 of them are from Cemetery Dance (including one slipcase). To me, that's not too bad. The other publishers are Subterranean Press, PS Publishing, Meteor House, Charnel House and Suntup Press.

Br!an
03-20-2020, 11:45 AM

Brilliant minds, etc....

Hahahaha you were downright clairvoyant in 2015! It's a joke that gets less funny the more Halloweens we pass.

Turn down the lights is my oldest outstanding CD order.

11/11/2013 1 Turn Down the Lights artist edition

jeffingoff
03-20-2020, 12:06 PM
I did a mental count of how many books I have coming, bought and paid for, from various publishers, and came up with 15, which may or may not be accurate. About 4 of them are from Cemetery Dance (including one slipcase). To me, that's not too bad. The other publishers are Subterranean Press, PS Publishing, Meteor House, Charnel House and Suntup Press.

Out of 34 preorders:
19 Cemetery Dance
6 Suntup
5 SST
2 DRP
1 SubPress
1 PS

Hunchback Jack
03-20-2020, 12:09 PM

That was damned funny, Jeff.

(I got you beat though - my oldest order is from October 2012. I am also waiting for Turn Down the Lights, though)