PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

DanHocker
09-20-2019, 06:58 AM
...a lot of presses, many of whom took one look at the spec sheets for NIGHT SHIFT and said, “Nope.”

This pleases me (it doesn't please me that CD has roadblocks, but challenging specs = nice big book I personally will enjoy).

The funny thing is that the big road block isn't really any of the fancy features. It's a feature that feels pretty mundane in the grand scheme of these editions, but without it, they wouldn't match the rest of the series / really the rest of what we've done with our SK editions.

Roseannebarr
09-23-2019, 10:41 AM
I was looking through old orders after I received Sleeping Beauties and thought I was pretty much caught up ….

I think I am only missing

Gwendys Magical Feather
Full Throttle
Revival Deluxe
The Insitute
At Home in the dark
Night Shift
Fright or Flight Deluxe and Lettered
Caretakers
Intro to Alien Invasion
Strange Weather
Sleeping Beauties (Portfolio)
Best of CD 2
Gillian Flynn

sullichin
09-23-2019, 10:51 AM
Was the CD slip case for The Institute ever on sale ? I assume I missed it

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Yes, I received the book, but the slipcase is on back order.

DanHocker
09-23-2019, 11:31 AM

Correct. We can't start production on the slipcase until we have the finished book in hand.

DanHocker
09-23-2019, 11:42 AM
I was looking through old orders after I received Sleeping Beauties and thought I was pretty much caught up ….

I think I am only missing

Gwendys Magical Feather
Full Throttle
Revival Deluxe
The Insitute
At Home in the dark
Night Shift
Fright or Flight Deluxe and Lettered
Caretakers
Intro to Alien Invasion
Strange Weather
Sleeping Beauties (Portfolio)
Best of CD 2
Gillian Flynn

I can give you some updates on some of this stuff. Other's I'm not 100% sure where we're at off hand.

Gwendy's Magic Feather - The THC is on schedule here.
Full Throttle - This isn't out until next week. The slipcase will take a little while to get made as we need a copy of the book first
Revival Deluxe - This is Brian's side gig, I believe they are on schedule though
Night Shift - This is our printer problem, I think Brian posted about that not that long ago
Flight or Flight - waiting on a signature for the lettered here, then it's the same printer problem as Night Shift
Strange Weather - Just waiting on sig sheets for these now
Sleeping Beauties Portfolio - These will be shipping in October. I've had the art for awhile and the cases should be on their way to us this week.
Best of CD 2 - I think we're on track for our planned release of the THC, I'm not 100% sure on that.
Gillian Flynn books - The sig sheets are the hold up here.

At Home in The Dark is a Sub Press title that has already been published.

DanHocker
09-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Checked with Brian on the other two.

Caretakers - this one is waiting on signature sheets
Intro to Alien Invasion - This one just needs an opening in the printing schedule, hopefully by the end of the year.

sullichin
09-23-2019, 11:54 AM

Don't know how I missed that :/ Hope signing up for CDCC was worth it

DanHocker
09-23-2019, 11:56 AM

There's almost always extras, and I tend to post the link here for people once we have them in the warehouse.

sullichin
09-23-2019, 11:57 AM

There's almost always extras, and I tend to post the link here for people once we have them in the warehouse.

Thanks I'll be keeping an eye out!

Br!an
09-23-2019, 12:08 PM

I received the email on January 31st. Were you a CDCC 9 member then?

Hi Brian,

You're receiving this email because you're a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 9!

We're very pleased to report we will be receiving copies of Stephen King’s incredible new novel, THE INSTITUTE!

As psychically terrifying as FIRESTARTER, and with the spectacular kid power of IT, THE INSTITUTE is Stephen King's gut-wrenchingly dramatic story of good vs. evil in a world where the good guys don't always win...

We will also be producing one of our beautiful aftermarket slipcases for this Scribner hardcover, and those slipcases will ship separately from the books, so you won’t have to wait to read Stephen King’s newest epic novel!

As always, the CDCC is being notified before our general mailing list and you're also receiving an exclusive discount no one else will be offered, so please do not share this email with anyone!

*** Here is your exclusive 20% off coupon code that is valid for the next 72 hours or while our supplies last, whichever comes first:

They often make extra slipcases. If they have them for The Institute, the CDCC will likely get first notice about them.

sullichin
09-23-2019, 12:13 PM

Hi Brian,

You're receiving this email because you're a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 9!

We're very pleased to report we will be receiving copies of Stephen King’s incredible new novel, THE INSTITUTE!

As psychically terrifying as FIRESTARTER, and with the spectacular kid power of IT, THE INSTITUTE is Stephen King's gut-wrenchingly dramatic story of good vs. evil in a world where the good guys don't always win...

We will also be producing one of our beautiful aftermarket slipcases for this Scribner hardcover, and those slipcases will ship separately from the books, so you won’t have to wait to read Stephen King’s newest epic novel!

As always, the CDCC is being notified before our general mailing list and you're also receiving an exclusive discount no one else will be offered, so please do not share this email with anyone!

*** Here is your exclusive 20% off coupon code that is valid for the next 72 hours or while our supplies last, whichever comes first:

They often make extra slipcases. If they have them for The Institute, the CDCC will likely get first notice about them.

Nope. I just joined a couple months ago between CDCC 9 and 10. Was very slightly confused looking at your quoted email because my name is also Brian haha

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Ah, The Life of Brians.

sullichin
09-23-2019, 12:26 PM
Ah, The Life of Brians.

I realized recently there's a lot of Brians on this forum!

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Ah, The Life of Brians.

I realized recently there's a lot of Brians on this forum!

Hi! :panic:

amd013
09-23-2019, 02:19 PM

Hi Brian,

An email to everyone on the mailing list was sent out on Feb 1. (or 2nd depending on your timezone).

Br!an
09-23-2019, 02:40 PM

Hi Brian,

An email to everyone on the mailing list was sent out on Feb 1. (or 2nd depending on your timezone).

Right.

The CDCC got first chance and a 20% discount.

They then made the offer available to their other lists. They are in the business of selling these things.

Make sure you are on the list of anyone who might possibly publish anything you might like.

If you love books, joining the CDCC is one of the best moves you've ever made. I've been a member for several years. Not quite since the beginning. Even if you are only a Stephen King fan, there is a vast amount of one of a kind King opportunities with the membership most years.

lotuz
09-23-2019, 03:10 PM
This year's CDCC was an absolute no-brainer - it included credit worth more than the cost of the membership (distributed throughout the year)...

:nana::nana::nana:

EDIT: I should add that I've been joining it for the last few years and it's always, always been worth it. Not only does it usually pay for itself in discounts (even if you only buy a couple of books per year), but there are exclusive sales that are not available to the general public and it's worth it for these alone IMO.

Hunchback Jack
09-24-2019, 02:52 AM
What was the Gillian Flynn title mentioned. I knew future titles from her are planned, but I didn’t realize preorders were taken.

Br!an
09-24-2019, 03:16 AM
What was the Gillian Flynn title mentioned. I knew future titles from her are planned, but I didn’t realize preorders were taken.

Sharp Objects

DanHocker
09-24-2019, 05:53 AM

Sharp Objects

Correct. There is a third title as well, but we've had a lot of trouble finding time in her schedule to sign the sheets for both books. I believe the last update was that she'd have time to sign them in January. Hopefully that doesn't change again.

Edit: Also to note I think Sharp Objects was only offered to a previous CDCC and people who bought Gone Girl from us. It never got an official announcement. We'll probably do an official announcement when the sheets are finally signed and we send it to the printer. Or something like that.

Roseannebarr
09-24-2019, 07:06 AM

Sharp Objects

Correct. There is a third title as well, but we've had a lot of trouble finding time in her schedule to sign the sheets for both books. I believe the last update was that she'd have time to sign them in January. Hopefully that doesn't change again.

Edit: Also to note I think Sharp Objects was only offered to a previous CDCC and people who bought Gone Girl from us. It never got an official announcement. We'll probably do an official announcement when the sheets are finally signed and we send it to the printer. Or something like that.

Thanks for all the updates. My list was solely to see what I still had outstanding. Which surprised me.

Cook
09-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Brian or Dan,
Thought I'd check in again to see the latest, anything? anything?

Since they've reserved the press time for us, I guess it's safe to report we're sending everything for THE CITY OF MIRRORS to the printer by the first week of the October. Due to the time lost around the holidays, I would expect the finished books in January.

Brian

Brian or Dan,
I was curious so I thought I'd ask..
No update info for Justin Cronin on the CD production update page from Sept 19th.
Last conversation you promised by the 1st week in October to the printers.
Cook

Brian James Freeman
09-24-2019, 07:56 AM
Brian or Dan,

Since they've reserved the press time for us, I guess it's safe to report we're sending everything for THE CITY OF MIRRORS to the printer by the first week of the October. Due to the time lost around the holidays, I would expect the finished books in January.

Brian

Brian or Dan,
No update info for Justin Cronin on the CD production update page from Sept 19th.
Cook

Yes to all of your points.

Brian

Hunchback Jack
09-24-2019, 08:52 AM

Sharp Objects

Hmm. I’m CDCC and I bought Gone Girl from CD; maybe I got the announcement during a “lean month” and just forgot. That happens. :)

Thanks for the update.

Edited to add: well, shoot, not only did I get the email, I preordered Sharp Objects. Did I mention I forget things?

Brian James Freeman
09-24-2019, 10:24 AM
For what it's worth, this is a situation where we had arrangements in place for the sheets to be signed, which is why we offered the book to the CDCC and those who bought the previous book, but when we found out from the author's agent that plans needed to change, we put the official announcement on hold. Everything else for the project IS ready for the printer, and we'll officially announce the book and sell the remaining copies once the sheets are signed.

Brian

dnemec
09-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!

Cook
09-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Brian or Dan,

Brian

Brian or Dan,
Cook

Brian

Sooo... is everything still a go as planned with the same info?

Brian James Freeman
09-24-2019, 01:35 PM
Brian or Dan,

Brian

Brian or Dan,
Cook

Brian

Ha... yep!

Brian

Br!an
09-24-2019, 01:58 PM
Quick question regarding the portfolios: I cannot remember if I requested the number to match my S/L. Can I still request this? Thanks!

I believe that you can request your number all the way to just before it ships. That is when they look at the requests.

Brian James Freeman
09-24-2019, 08:09 PM

Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order. :)

Brian

DanHocker
09-25-2019, 05:58 AM

Yep, just email Mindy and let her know what your book number is, so she can add that to your portfolio order. :)

Brian

This is correct. I'd say you probably have until the 2nd week of October. We just got confirmation that the cases should be here next week, I've just got a couple of things ahead of them in the shipping schedule that I really need to work through first.

dnemec
09-25-2019, 04:55 PM

Brian

Thanks a bunch, Dan and Brian! I shall email her forthwith!

DanHocker
09-27-2019, 07:45 AM
As with the last time I did this, there will probably be a photo gallery on the site later, but I took a bunch of photos of the Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio today for the website. I dumped them over on the CD forums for now.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2945-Sleeping-Beauties-Signed-Limited-Edition-Artwork-Portfolio&p=99988&viewfull=1#post99988

webstar1000
09-27-2019, 07:48 AM
As with the last time I did this, there will probably be a photo gallery on the site later, but I took a bunch of photos of the Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio today for the website. I dumped them over on the CD forums for now.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2945-Sleeping-Beauties-Signed-Limited-Edition-Artwork-Portfolio&p=99988&viewfull=1#post99988

Dan is it made of paper again (like Doubleday set) OR like IT?

DanHocker
09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Nothing like the Doubleday set. It's a case made out of the same cover material that the limited edition is made out of. So it's simillar to IT but a different design. No one here liked the ribbon tie design of IT so we had the case makers come up with a magnetic latch sort of thing.

webstar1000
09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Nothing like the Doubleday set. It's a case made out of the same cover material that the limited edition is made out of. So it's simillar to IT but a different design. No one here liked the ribbon tie design of IT so we had the case makers come up with a magnetic latch sort of thing.

SICK! I cannot wait.

DanHocker
09-27-2019, 08:00 AM
If you guys don't want to wait for the photo gallery and can't see the shots on the CD forum I posted some choice ones on my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B263NQBJIiW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Room 217 Caretaker
09-27-2019, 08:11 AM
If you guys don't want to wait for the photo gallery and can't see the shots on the CD forum I posted some choice ones on my Instagram.

Exactly what I pictured and hoped for. Nice job!

Mulleins

Brian James Freeman
09-27-2019, 08:26 AM
I don't know if I've ever posted about why we went back to a more traditional folder for the Doubleday Years, but here's the short version:

No one wanted the IT Artwork Portfolios.

Here's the longer version:

We priced the IT Artwork Portfolios as low as we could because we know art related stuff is a niche market, and in the end we priced them too low because we barely broke even once the fancy portfolios were paid for... and no one wanted them.

Most people said the price was the problem. Too expensive for artwork.

We sold maybe 250 of the 500 by the time the Artwork Portfolio was produced. It took nearly a year to sell the other 250 and many of those were in heavily discounted sales.

(Of course, now look at what a matching Limited Edition and Portfolio will get you!)

So, when it came time for the Doubleday Years, we switched back to a more traditional paper folder, which we jazzed up by printing full-color artwork on them. (In the past, the folders usually had a sticker with the title of the project and maybe a small piece of artwork.)

This, along with the smaller prints, let us get the price point down where people wanted it. We could also increase the run, so everyone who wanted matching numbers could get matching numbers.

But then some collectors were unhappy that they weren't getting an IT style folder for the $50 price... when those folders alone cost more than $50 each to produce...

This was the ultimate "there's no pleasing everyone" we've ever encountered. :)

Brian

DanHocker
09-27-2019, 08:26 AM
Photos are on the product page for the portfolio

https://www.cemeterydance.com/sleeping-beauties-artwork-portfolio.html

Bonus I snapped some shots of the IT portfolio as well. These actually turned out better than the pictures of the SB folio.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/it-artwork-portfolio.html

webstar1000
09-27-2019, 08:28 AM
I don't know if I've ever posted about why we went back to a more traditional folder for the Doubleday Years, but here's the short version:

We priced the IT Artwork Portfolios as low as we could because we know art related stuff is a niche market, and in the end we priced them too low because we barely broke even once the fancy portfolios were paid for... and no one wanted them.

We sold maybe 250 of the 500 by the time the Artwork Portfolio was produced. It took nearly a year to sell the other 250 and many of those were in heavily discounted sales.

(Of course, now look at what a matching Limited Edition and Portfolio will get you!)

So, when it came time for the Doubleday Years, we switched back to a more traditional paper folder, which we jazzed up by printing full-color artwork on them. (In the past, the folders usually had a sticker with the title of the project and maybe a small piece of artwork.)

This, along with the smaller prints, let us get the price point down where people wanted it. We could also increase the run, so everyone who wanted matching numbers could get matching numbers.

But then some collectors were unhappy that they weren't getting an IT style folder for the $50 price... when those folders alone cost more than $50 each to produce...

Brian

So true so true Bri... you cannot please everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseannebarr
09-27-2019, 08:51 AM

Brian

I will take an IT portfolio, if you find an extra in that HUGE warehouse. I love that photo cracks me up everytime.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2019, 10:40 AM

Sweet! Looks fantastic!

(Now if only I could remember if I ordered one. To the CD site, Robin!)

HBJ

Brian James Freeman
10-01-2019, 05:35 AM
THE CITY OF MIRRORS is headed to the printer today. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone here was waiting for news. :) I'll do an official update on the site soon.

Brian

Cook
10-01-2019, 05:38 AM
THE CITY OF MIRRORS is headed to the printer today. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone here was waiting for news. :) I'll do an official update on the site soon.

Brian

:rock::dance::thumbsup::clap:

Ricky
10-01-2019, 02:35 PM

Brian

:clap:

Cwalker
10-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Hi Brian, is CD going to (or already has and i cant find it) be getting any of the signed copies of Ten Word Tragedies from PS? Thanks!

RichardX
10-06-2019, 04:59 PM
The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.

jeffingoff
10-06-2019, 05:06 PM
The actors who played Danny, the Grady twins, and the women in room 237 signed my copy of CD's The Shining today. A bit surreal to see them in person.

That’s pretty fantastic. I had 3/4 of the cenobites and the woman who played Kirsty sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart.

webstar1000
10-06-2019, 05:06 PM

Interested why you would want them to? Just being that it isn’t king.

lotuz
10-06-2019, 06:28 PM

Super cool! Though I imagine it's a tiny bit weird to see them like 40 years after the fact when the picture of them in my head is from them so long ago...

That’s pretty fantastic. I had 3/4 of the cenobites and the woman who played Kirsty sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart.

Also super cool! Good luck tracking down the 4th cenobite... I think I've heard you reference that before...

Put me firmly in the camp of "Happy to have anyone involved in a famous production sign my copy of a book that the production is based on".

I like the idea that the book was in the hands of people who are associated with a project I appreciate. Same reason I prefer inscriptions (even if they're not to me) over a flat-signed copy, or even on a book with a limitation page. IMO it adds some interesting provenance to where the book has been and who has held it.

Maybe not for a lettered edition, though - I'd definitely be pickier, at least. Or if I was planning to immediately re-sell it (because I know that not everybody likes that). But if it's part of my collection - sign away!

Roseannebarr
10-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Awesome! Did you get a picture of the Grady Twins! FYI. I hope Tippy doesn't mind me repeating a story he told, Tippy had an audition for Danny and was rejected. King signed his rejection notice! It is an awesome story/collectable.

tippy4
10-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Awesome! Did you get a picture of the Grady Twins! FYI. I hope Tippy doesn't mind me repeating a story he told, Tippy had an audition for Danny and was rejected. King signed his rejection notice! It is an awesome story/collectable.

Close......King signed my Warner Bros. Audition letter.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/924/medium/photo_46_.JPG (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=26104&title=photo-46-&cat=924)

tippy4
10-06-2019, 07:08 PM

Interested why you would want them to? Just being that it isn’t king.

I would have no problem with them signing my CD gift edition....I think it would be cool.

Too bad the woman from room 217 wasn't available and you had to settle for the woman from room 237. :P

Seriously though.....if you could get Jack and Shelly to sign now......

jon10g
10-06-2019, 11:30 PM
That is so cool!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/924/medium/photo_46_.JPG (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=26104&title=photo-46-&cat=924)

herbertwest
10-07-2019, 01:16 AM
That is so cool!!

What is it exactly?
I cant read the text

stroppygoblin
10-07-2019, 01:43 AM
It's an invitation to a casting interview.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-07-2019, 04:57 AM
If you click on the letter it magically grows larger!

I also think it's cool!

herbertwest
10-07-2019, 05:23 AM

Pretty cool !

tippy4
10-07-2019, 07:00 AM

Pretty cool !

Yes.....I auditioned for the role of Danny in the Kubrick version of The Shining.

burial
10-07-2019, 07:18 AM

Brian

This is correct. I'd say you probably have until the 2nd week of October. We just got confirmation that the cases should be here next week, I've just got a couple of things ahead of them in the shipping schedule that I really need to work through first.

It seems i forgot about it to... i just emailed Mindy - I hope it's not to late!

DanHocker
10-07-2019, 07:23 AM

Brian

It seems i forgot about it to... i just emailed Mindy - I hope it's not to late!

Not too late yet. Cases are here, but I've got a couple of things to do first I think. The cases for Shining in the Dark are finally here as well, I think we'll probably knock those out first, since it should be pretty quick.

RichardX
10-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Interestingly, to me at least, Danny Lloyd said he had never met King or least had no recollection of him. He mentioned that he thought King had come to the set but he was too young to remember him and has never met him afterwards. One of the Grady twins brought up the fact that King hadn't liked the film. It is extremely odd to see these folks now or just about anyone who you haven't seen in decades. And when I got home the movie was on which made it all the stranger.

Someone asked why I would have them sign it. For me the movie is iconic. I have a first edition of the book that I had King sign a few years back in Savannah. I wouldn't let anyone else sign that one, but it seemed appropriate for these folks to sign my CD copy. I also like association signatures. For example, I got Clint Hill, the secret service who climbed into JFK's car just after the assassination and Buell Frazier, the fellow who drove Oswald to work on 11.22.63, to sign a copy of King's 11.22.63. Kind of unique.

picontin
10-08-2019, 12:50 AM
Indeed very unique! Nice story.

Beverly Marsh
10-08-2019, 05:09 AM
I too think that's very cool! I've thought of doing that myself. I've met the twins but not Danny yet. They're so tiny!
Rick's audition letter is also a neat story. I didn't know that!

back to thread topics: I love getting a shipping notice and going home to find said item on my porch the very same day! :)

Stockerlone
10-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Clive Barker
+
Daniele Serra
Tortured Souls & Infernal Parade

CEMETERY DANCE GERMANY, Band 5.
signed limited

https://www.festa-verlag.de/buchheim-cemetery-dance-germany-clive-barker-tortured-souls-infernal-parade.html

https://www.festa-verlag.de/media/catalog/product/cache/258c742ee12d493ba4e87f66da210749/b/a/barker-tortured-souls-infernal-parade_shop_880px_1.jpg

Cwalker
10-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Hi Brian, is CD going to (or already has and i cant find it) be getting any of the signed copies of Ten Word Tragedies from PS? Thanks!

Bumped in case it got lost in the midst... thanks!

Brian James Freeman
10-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Bumped in case it got lost in the midst... thanks!

I haven't heard back from Pete, so I will follow-up!

webstar1000
10-18-2019, 10:17 AM
SO... check your Sleeping Beauties! Seems there is a thread on the Rare King FB Group and there is a bunch being posted where King signed his name twice in the book!!! Super cool. I am checking mine when I get home!

sullichin
10-18-2019, 10:22 AM
SO... check your Sleeping Beauties! Seems there is a thread on the Rare King FB Group and there is a bunch being posted where King signed his name twice in the book!!! Super cool. I am checking mine when I get home!

I went to the brooklyn event but didn't get one of the random signed copies. Where's this second signature (don't have FB) ? I'm sure there's a 0% chance my unsigned copy is signed there but I'm pathetic enough to check...

Nevermind I'm an idiot this is the CD Thread lol

Randall Flagg
10-18-2019, 10:24 AM
I think Kris is referring to the S/L (or lettered).

webstar1000
10-18-2019, 10:25 AM
I think Kris is referring to the S/L (or lettered).

Yes sir

MikeDuke
10-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Was it twice in the front of the book, or some where else (not that I am getting my hopes up).

DanHocker
10-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Was it twice in the front of the book, or some where else (not that I am getting my hopes up).

It would have had to have been on the signature sheets.

MikeDuke
10-18-2019, 10:49 AM

It would have had to have been on the signature sheets.
Thanks, then I don't have an extra one.

jeffingoff
10-18-2019, 10:59 AM
I got two King signatures! One from Owen and one from Stephen!

Just wanted to make the joke before someone else did.

Hunchback Jack
10-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Just one signature from each author for me.

I remember someone on Facebook posting a picture of their signature page with the two king sr. signatures right after the book was released. That’s so cool that there are more than one like this.

jeffingoff
10-18-2019, 11:58 AM

I remember someone on Facebook posting a picture of their signature page with the two king signatures right after the book was released. That’s so cool that there are more than one like this.

I flipped through my S/L and I only have one from each King and one from Jana. Would it be on the sig page? Or elsewhere?

webstar1000
10-18-2019, 12:02 PM

I remember someone on Facebook posting a picture of their signature page with the two king signatures right after the book was released. That’s so cool that there are more than one like this.

I flipped through my S/L and I only have one from each King and one from Jana. Would it be on the sig page? Or elsewhere?

Signature page

willybusmc
10-18-2019, 09:25 PM

Unless I’m very wrong about the process, the only part of the book that the signers ever touch is the signature sheets, before they are bound into the book. So if King did a double sign, it would have had to be on the sig sheets, as he has almost certainly never touched the rest of the book.

burial
10-19-2019, 02:48 AM

Unless I’m very wrong about the process, the only part of the book that the signers ever touch is the signature sheets, before they are bound into the book. So if King did a double sign, it would have had to be on the sig sheets, as he has almost certainly never touched the rest of the book.

this might be right when it comes to S/L, but not always...
for example I have "11.22.63" with TWO signatures bound in:
https://kingowiec.pl/image/nvkvgggpqsxm/1200/1200/fit/original/#.jpeg
(of course this is an example of TWO signature sheets bound in one book)

And there are always signed books available on any sort of events. Recently they are pre-signed, so i believe such mistakes are possible

willybusmc
10-19-2019, 03:07 AM
Ahh yes it’s definitely not the same for flatsigned books. Super interesting that you have a double signed 11/22/63. So it looks like they just accidentally tipped in a duplicate signature sheet?

ICry4Oy
10-19-2019, 08:29 AM
I posted a pic of mine back when it first came out.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/65130190_10157317635410917_9143237056737050624_n.j pg

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Darn, that means my Stephen King collection will NEVER be 100% complete!
And I had such high hopes too!

DanHocker
10-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Brian and I have kinda gotten out of the habbit of posting links to new titles we announce. But here's one we announced recently, it's pretty close to sold out.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/saul01_358x540.jpg

https://www.cemeterydance.com/suffer-the-children.html

Ari_Racing
10-22-2019, 02:58 PM
I read one book by John Saul every summer since 1995, when I discovered him. I LOVED his books during my teenage years and read several ones more than once between 1995 and 1999. Then I slowed down and kept it to one per year ever since. I still have five of his books unread, so I still have works until March 2024. By then I hope he publishes a new one.

It was a GREAT news to know you're publishing limited editions of his books. I already preordered this one. I hope others will include more artwork :)

Brian James Freeman
10-23-2019, 07:40 AM
By then I hope he publishes a new one.

I don't know him really well like I do some of our other authors, but at some point I want to ask him about that. Is he just taking a break or has he officially retired, etc. (And if he is retired, is he *really* retired... ha!)

Brian

Ari_Racing
10-23-2019, 08:43 AM
It's been 10 years since his last book so I think CD must change his mind.

Yes, definitely! CD HAS to change his mind :)

By the way, if you're planning to publish The Right Hand of Evil, be aware that there's an extra writing he sent to his fan club back in 1998 or 1999.

Br!an
10-27-2019, 07:16 AM
I ordered the SST Cardinal Black S/L from CD. Any idea when that will ship?

Randall Flagg
10-27-2019, 07:20 AM
Noon.

Br!an
10-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Noon.

Well, that narrows it down. :orely:

Brian James Freeman
10-27-2019, 08:25 AM

Dan might know if we’ve gotten our copies, I cannot remember!

Hunchback Jack
10-27-2019, 12:10 PM
I’m looking forward to the CD Cardinal Black lettered. Thanks for the update on the production page.

Do you have a target date for Usher’s Passing? Also looking forward to that.

Brian James Freeman
10-28-2019, 06:48 AM
I’m looking forward to the CD Cardinal Black lettered. Thanks for the update on the production page.

Do you have a target date for Usher’s Passing? Also looking forward to that.

I don't have specifics on Usher’s Passing that I can give out at the moment, mostly because there is a plan but it is not set in stone yet, and I don't want to be posting information that might change.

Several things hinge on our trial runs with several new printers. (Well, new to us!) For various reasons we've discussed, we reached out to a bunch of offset printers this summer, and several of them were interested in our "regular" jobs, so we're sending each of them one small job, to see how things go. If these small jobs go well, then we'll try a bigger job, etc.

Best,
Brian

DanHocker
10-28-2019, 07:08 AM

Dan might know if we’ve gotten our copies, I cannot remember!

We have not received our copies yet. Also as it stands right now, other than the normal day to day orders, the next 3ish weeks are going to be all Gwendy's Magic Feather.

burial
10-28-2019, 09:22 AM
I have a question?
Was there a CD slipcase for "Strange Werher"?
I wonder if i missed it...

frik
10-28-2019, 09:25 AM
I have a question?

Pretty sure there wasn't. So no, you did not miss it.

sk

stroppygoblin
10-28-2019, 09:35 AM
I have a question?

I did some slipcase designs for Strange Weather a while back. Contact Jeff Whiley if you want one made (jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com)

I also just did matching designs for Full Throttle

DanHocker
10-28-2019, 09:46 AM
I have a question?

Pretty sure there wasn't. So no, you did not miss it.

sk

I don't think we even sold the THC of Strange Weather. So you are correct.

stroppygoblin
10-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Gollanz created a slipcase for their signed limited edition.

Unsurprisingly as it is based on the typeface used on the book, it looks almost identical to the design I did for Jeff.

I also did a similar one using the US book type face.

https://cdn.ecommercedns.uk/files/4/211944/8/6941368/7997-2.jpg

https://books.hyraxia.com/author/joe-hill-first-editions-and-rare-books/7997-joe-hill-strange-weather-gollancz-2017-limited-edition-signed

surly
10-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Of all the books I have on pre-order, the one I am most excited about is STRANGE WEATHER. Not only did I enjoy the read, I think it will be pretty cool to have it separated into four volumes.
Do you have any thoughts on when you might be in a position to show pictures or share some of the final artwork?

We're still waiting on the final artist, but I'd like to have the four book covers ready to show off not long after he is done!

Brian

The updates page has this listed as a 2019 release; is it still possible we might see this one before years end? I am excited to see how this one comes together - think you will be ready to show any teaser images soon?

Brian James Freeman
10-28-2019, 01:03 PM
Of all the books I have on pre-order, the one I am most excited about is STRANGE WEATHER. Not only did I enjoy the read, I think it will be pretty cool to have it separated into four volumes.
Do you have any thoughts on when you might be in a position to show pictures or share some of the final artwork?

We're still waiting on the final artist, but I'd like to have the four book covers ready to show off not long after he is done!

Brian

The updates page has this listed as a 2019 release; is it still possible we might see this one before years end? I am excited to see how this one comes together - think you will be ready to show any teaser images soon?

I’ll have to correct that. Even if the last set of sig sheets were done today, printing would be 12 weeks and then the slipcases would be 12 to 14 weeks after that. We won’t be using dummy books for the slipcase sizing because with four separate volumes that’s a great way to end up with a case that isn’t quite the right size.

Off the top of my head, I cannot recall if we have designed covers approved for posting, but if we do, I will post them when I return to the office.

Brian

jsweet
10-30-2019, 06:30 PM
Hey Brian/Dan - will you be shipping your copies of Full Throttle ahead of the slipcase or waiting until the slipcases are done?
Thanks

DanHocker
10-31-2019, 11:54 AM
Hey Brian/Dan - will you be shipping your copies of Full Throttle ahead of the slipcase or waiting until the slipcases are done?
Thanks

Separately. I'm not sure when we'll be able to get them into the schedule though. It's been a really busy lead up to Gwendy's Magic Feather.

Kongo
11-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Not sure if I missed something, or just a mix up, but I couldn't help notice Gwendy referred to as a trilogy in one of my emails :orely: Either way, I can't wait for Magic Feather this month

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/76175957_2640509782673869_3596024126638129152_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmi__VcAgaW4B3AEn004rKvQke8-7_smXMMytM1Xve8u76FIr6-Td11Xtd_bkkz8tU&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=3ab2eced874d7f7ee1fa50857ca58188&oe=5E5B577A

Brian James Freeman
11-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Not sure if I missed something, or just a mix up, but I couldn't help notice Gwendy referred to as a trilogy in one of my emails :orely: Either way, I can't wait for Magic Feather this month

S&S announced the other day that it will be a trilogy, but no other details about the third book are known.

Brian

MLG
11-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Here is what Mr. Chizmar had to say after Simon & Schuster referred to this as a trilogy:
"Looks like Simon & Schuster spilled the beans, so here you go...
(Nope, I don’t know when the third volume will be published; it’s not written yet. I also don’t know if Steve and I will be co-writing. Depends on our schedules.)"

Kongo
11-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Whoa! Very cool to hear. I can't believe I missed this! :doh:

kingfan2323
11-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Exciting as long as Magic Feather is good, of course. I loved Button Box a lot. Fun simple story.

looking for: The Terror S/L,
Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L

Br!an
11-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Exciting as long as Magic Feather is good, of course. I loved Button Box a lot. Fun simple story.

We'll know soon.

kingfan2323
11-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Is CD's Strange Weather currently available from any other dealer/publisher?

Munnecom
11-03-2019, 02:39 AM
I’d like to know that too. Hill wasn’t on my radar yet when it was available for preorder, so I passed on it.

Garrell
11-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Sadly I was on hiatus and missed it also.

DanHocker
11-04-2019, 07:27 AM
I’d like to know that too. Hill wasn’t on my radar yet when it was available for preorder, so I passed on it.

I don't remember which retailers specifically ordered copies of Strange Weather from us, but I would assume the usual suspects would have. I would say your bet would be to check with Camelot or PS Publishing. PS Publishing doesn't usually actually put our titles up for sale until they have them in hand, and Camelot almost always orders a handful of copies. I can't promise their copies aren't already spoken for though.

Garrell
11-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Camelot is sold out:(

The Library Policeman
11-04-2019, 09:35 AM
So is PS.

Joe315
11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
I’ll be selling mine. My collecting goals have changed since that was purchased.

amd013
11-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Hi Dan/Brian,

Have you guys received/shipped your copies of Rosemary's Baby?

Thanks,
Mike

DanHocker
11-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Hi Dan/Brian,

Have you guys received/shipped your copies of Rosemary's Baby?

Thanks,
Mike

Received just not shipped. It along with some other stuff had the unfortunate timing of arriving just before we started Gwendy's Magic Feather. It's on the short list of stuff that will ship as soon as we're done Gwendy's Magic Feather shipping. Which won't be for another week and a half, probably.

Aremag
11-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Did CD offer a slipcase for The Institute? I'd like to get a slipcase for my Boston event book.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Slipcases were sold but not yet delivered.

Br!an
11-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Did CD offer a slipcase for The Institute? I'd like to get a slipcase for my Boston event book.

Yes they did. It is possible there will be some available once they fulfill their pre-orders.

Aremag
11-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll wait and see if CD has any extra.

Br!an
11-10-2019, 12:56 PM
They usually do.

The Library Policeman
11-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Were the Sleeping Beauties portfolios supposed to be shipping in October, or did I imagine that?

MLG
11-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Were the Sleeping Beauties portfolios supposed to be shipping in October, or did I imagine that?

This is the current status on the CD website:
Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio:
The art prints are all done, and the actual Artwork Portfolios are expected in November 2019.

Hunchback Jack
11-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Is there any status update on the Exorcist script Lettered edition?

The Library Policeman
11-10-2019, 01:54 PM

This is the current status on the CD website:
Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio:
The art prints are all done, and the actual Artwork Portfolios are expected in November 2019.

Ah right. Thanks.

DanHocker
11-11-2019, 07:00 AM

We had hoped to get to shipping them before Gwendy's Magic Feather, but we just didn't get that far. Everything is here and ready to go for when we're doing with GMF.

DanHocker
11-11-2019, 07:04 AM

They're in the traycase queue. Which means I can't really give you an estimate, but we are finally getting really close to being completely caught up on those tray cases.

The Library Policeman
11-11-2019, 11:29 AM

We had hoped to get to shipping them before Gwendy's Magic Feather, but we just didn't get that far. Everything is here and ready to go for when we're doing with GMF.

Great. Thank you, Dan.

Kongo
11-11-2019, 11:58 AM
I recall there was supposed to be a huge update in regards to Night Shift. Is that still in the pipe, or did I somehow miss it?

DanHocker
11-11-2019, 01:46 PM
I recall there was supposed to be a huge update in regards to Night Shift. Is that still in the pipe, or did I somehow miss it?

Still in the pipe as far as I'm aware. Last I had talked with Brian about it (which was awhile ago) we were still waiting on word from our printer that their new press that could handle was installed and ready to go. I dunno if we've heard more on that yet or not.

Hunchback Jack
11-11-2019, 01:59 PM

They're in the traycase queue. Which means I can't really give you an estimate, but we are finally getting really close to being completely caught up on those tray cases.

Thanks, Dan. Really looking forward to that one.

sentinel
11-17-2019, 03:29 PM
How about Full Throttle by Joe Hill? It's been out for a month at bookstores, have they been shipped? or waiting on slipcases?
thanks.

Brian861
11-17-2019, 11:57 PM
How about Full Throttle by Joe Hill? It's been out for a month at bookstores, have they been shipped? or waiting on slipcases?
thanks.

Nothing against CD but I do wonder why not just purchase trades locally. I believe they ship books separately from slipcases these days expect for the limiteds, etc.

DanHocker
11-18-2019, 06:45 AM
thanks.

Not shipped. I honestly don't know what the hold up on those was, there was some delay in us getting our copies, then we were working on other stuff and didn't have room in the shipping schedule for them. I'm not sure where they're going to fall in the shipping schedule, as I have prioritized the list of stuff to ship. There's like 6 or 7 things on the shipping list right now, and most of them are being asked about fairly heavily so I just have to decide a shipping order. Realistically though it won't be until December as we're not done GMF yet and I have at least one project that has to go immediately, because it's in the way.

Hunchback Jack
11-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Are both the trade and limited editions of GMF shipping? Or just the trade edition?

HBJ

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Just the trade, my others were indicated as back ordered.

DanHocker
11-21-2019, 06:54 AM
Are both the trade and limited editions of GMF shipping? Or just the trade edition?

HBJ

Just the trade. The limited was always a 2020 publication. It's a completely different interior design and trim size from the trade, and will be handled by a different printer.

Munnecom
11-24-2019, 03:37 AM
Your edition of Strange Weather by Joe Hill will have interior artwork, right? The artists are not just doing the four dust jackets?

DanHocker
11-25-2019, 07:05 AM
Your edition of Strange Weather by Joe Hill will have interior artwork, right? The artists are not just doing the four dust jackets?

Brian will have to answer that question as I do not know.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2019, 07:32 AM

Covers and signature sheets, I believe.

Brian

Munnecom
11-25-2019, 10:01 AM
So no interiors at all? That’s too bad. I thought it would be done in the same style as Full Dark, No Stars.

DanHocker
11-25-2019, 10:14 AM
So no interiors at all? That’s too bad. I thought it would be done in the same style as Full Dark, No Stars.

To be fair Full Dark, No Stars was printed as a single book, this is being printed as a 4 book set.

WeDealInLead
11-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Camelot are having a sale on CD lettered editions:
https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/black-friday-2019-asldfassd

RichardX
12-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Good to hear that Richard will be in PA for a couple of book signings this month. I'm going to try to make one of those. Do you know if he will have copies of his other books in addition to Gwendy's? I might bring along my daughter who just finished two years of chemotherapy for leukemia (and is doing well). I know Richard had his own bout with cancer.

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2019, 05:56 PM
Do you know if he will have copies of his other books in addition to Gwendy's?

I asked and he said it's basically whatever the stores have ordered in. I would hope they'd have anything current, but I'm not actually sure what the process is these days.

Brian

DanHocker
12-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Do you know if he will have copies of his other books in addition to Gwendy's?

I asked and he said it's basically whatever the stores have ordered in. I would hope they'd have anything current, but I'm not actually sure what the process is these days.

Brian

My guess is only just Gwendy's Magic Feather unless they still have copies of Gwendy's Button Box. I haven't seen any orders from Books-A-Million for anything else recently. That said I can't imagine there would be a problem with you bringing something specific for him to sign as well.

webstar1000
12-10-2019, 05:11 AM
Sleeping Beauties Portfolio never went out yet right ?

DanHocker
12-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Sleeping Beauties Portfolio never went out yet right ?

Not yet. Soon though. I'm hoping the guys will be starting it by Thursday assuming something doesn't come up. I had been hoping to be to them by now, but we got slammed by the sale last week.

amd013
12-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Hi Dan, any ideas an what big ticket items might ship between next week and the end of the year? (particularly SK related) Just want to know if I need to keep an eye out while doing holiday travel.

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Hi Dan, any ideas an what big ticket items might ship between next week and the end of the year? (particularly SK related) Just want to know if I need to keep an eye out while doing holiday travel.

I'd love to know where Night Shift stands. Last mention involved getting a quote from a printer. And that was months ago.

webstar1000
12-10-2019, 09:47 AM

I'd love to know where Night Shift stands. Last mention involved getting a quote from a printer. And that was months ago.

It’s frustratingly annoying to have to wait so long.... hopefully it works out for them (and ya) soon. I expected to have the Stand in hand by now haha

DanHocker
12-10-2019, 10:08 AM

To my knowledge the only big ticket thing shipping between now and the end of the year is the Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio. I expect those to take us up until Christmas, if not longer. Art portfolios are always a pain in the butt to ship, even more so when they coincide with a SK book as there will be tons of matching number requests.

DanHocker
12-10-2019, 10:11 AM

I don't personally have any new news on Night Shift, that has been Brian's struggle.

stm08007
12-11-2019, 01:17 PM
If anyone is interested, I have $300 worth of Cemetery Dance gift certs ($250 and $50), that I would part with for $250

amd013
12-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Sleeping Beauties Portfolio shipping notice received!!!:biggrin1:

Dan, have you guys received your copies of The Stand from PS? If so any idea when they will ship?

shaq
12-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Received my shipping notice for the portfolio.

Looking forward to this

DanHocker
12-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Sleeping Beauties Portfolio shipping notice received!!!:biggrin1:

Dan, have you guys received your copies of The Stand from PS? If so any idea when they will ship?

Not yet. Probably won't ship until mid January though even if they all come this week. Portfolios are probably gonna take the rest of the month to ship (they're really slow going). Then I've got at least 2 other things in that'll be ahead of PS's The Stand.

DanHocker
12-16-2019, 07:22 AM
FYI Portfolios are gonna be slow going. It's really slow process to assemble and ship these, and this is our last full work week of the year.

Nemoh21
12-18-2019, 09:02 AM
Is there any updates on Seasons of Terror? Any artwork available yet to preview or a possible publication date for 2020

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Is there any updates on Seasons of Terror? Any artwork available yet to preview or a possible publication date for 2020

I think we might be able to preview some artwork in January but I’m not 100% sure yet. Because Simon & Schuster has purchased the trade rights, we will have to be a little more careful about coordinating what we announce and show off, so we don’t step on their plans!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Oops, I cannot remember if we posted this news widely, so my comment above might be confusing... CD will be publishing the signed Limited Edition hardcover, etc, for SEASONS OF TERROR, and Simon & Schuster's Gallery13 imprint will be publishing the paperback and electronic formats.

Brian

herbertwest
12-19-2019, 04:55 AM
So I just leaned out that Gallery13 will also be releasing a paperback edition of SEASONS OF TERROR, by Cemetery Dance, including the comic book version of THE RAFT

Any idea of what is the timing of both CD & Gallery13's version? And what would be the differences?
Because the latest will be like 10 times cheaper for the most basic version, just for me.... and I am tempted to just cancel the CD version given I ordered 3 copies in order to reduce the shipping cost... while the most basic book will be published 10 times cheaper...

DanHocker
12-19-2019, 07:56 AM
So I just leaned out that Gallery13 will also be releasing a paperback edition of SEASONS OF TERROR, by Cemetery Dance, including the comic book version of THE RAFT

Any idea of what is the timing of both CD & Gallery13's version? And what would be the differences?
Because the latest will be like 10 times cheaper for the most basic version, just for me.... and I am tempted to just cancel the CD version given I ordered 3 copies in order to reduce the shipping cost... while the most basic book will be published 10 times cheaper...

The Gallery13 paperback is $20, our limited is $60 and signed by Richard, with the usual quality of one of our hardcover limited editions at that price point. The artist edition, which is $125, comes in a slipcase, is signed by Richard and all four artists, comes with an signed art print, and has a fairly low limitation. I can't really answer any questions about timing as I have no idea. Brian might know if there's any difference in content other than production value, but I can't answer that, as I really don't know.

herbertwest
12-19-2019, 09:21 AM
I understand that they will be different editions, but I am not sure anymore that I should keep the 2 extra copies I ordered it order to resell them in France given that they're will be cheaper now.. any idea of the timing of deliveries, from CD and Gallery13?

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-22-2019, 01:09 PM
How's the lettered edition traycase for SCREAMPLAYS coming along?
I know it's only been eight years, and I don't want to seem too impatient, but, well, you know...

webstar1000
12-22-2019, 01:14 PM
I know it's only been eight years, and I don't want to seem too impatient, but, well, you know...

8 years? Lol

OldCrow88
12-22-2019, 02:41 PM

It reaches a point where one needs to worry about shelf wear on the book while it awaits a traycase.

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2019, 06:21 AM
It reaches a point where one needs to worry about shelf wear on the book while it awaits a traycase.

Well, the good news on that front is we have a lot of experience with these delays, so by the time the traycases arrive, the books are always pristine and like they just rolled off the press the week before... sigh... It is embarrassing that these cases are so late, but we really are in the home stretch for catching up. I think we completed something like 60 or 70 Lettered Editions over the last 24 months, with maybe a dozen left needing cases? So the light at the end of the tunnel is near, and will be reached in 2020.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2019, 06:23 AM

I believe Screamplays is one of the cases our main traycase maker is working on right now, and I have asked Mindy for an update to find out if I'm remembering correctly and how close to being done he might be. We really do appreciate and thank you for your patience. It's insane these have taken so long, and our collectors are awesome human beings for having the faith to see these projects through. You all rock.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2019, 06:25 AM

The Gallery13 paperback is $20, our limited is $60 and signed by Richard, with the usual quality of one of our hardcover limited editions at that price point. The artist edition, which is $125, comes in a slipcase, is signed by Richard and all four artists, comes with an signed art print, and has a fairly low limitation. I can't really answer any questions about timing as I have no idea. Brian might know if there's any difference in content other than production value, but I can't answer that, as I really don't know.

My guess is the content will be essentially the same. The trade paperback will have a smaller trim size, so everything should be bigger and look a little nicer in our hardcover, but Gallery13's edition isn't going to look shabby or anything.

For anyone who just wants a reading copy, and especially for those collectors the USPS takes to the woodshed with every postage payment, I would say the trade paperback will absolutely get the job done for you.

Brian

DanHocker
12-23-2019, 06:53 AM

I believe Screamplays is one of the cases our main traycase maker is working on right now, and I have asked Mindy for an update to find out if I'm remembering correctly and how close to being done he might be. We really do appreciate and thank you for your patience. It's insane these have taken so long, and our collectors are awesome human beings for having the faith to see these projects through. You all rock.

Brian

This one will actually be sooner than later. I believe it's one of like 7 cases that have arrived in the past 2 months that we just need to work into the shipping schedule. I'm hoping we'll have a gap towards the end of January to get these out the door.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2019, 08:57 AM

Brian

This one will actually be sooner than later. I believe it's one of like 7 cases that have arrived in the past 2 months that we just need to work into the shipping schedule. I'm hoping we'll have a gap towards the end of January to get these out the door.

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to this one!

herbertwest
12-23-2019, 11:04 AM

My guess is the content will be essentially the same. The trade paperback will have a smaller trim size, so everything should be bigger and look a little nicer in our hardcover, but Gallery13's edition isn't going to look shabby or anything.

For anyone who just wants a reading copy, and especially for those collectors the USPS takes to the woodshed with every postage payment, I would say the trade paperback will absolutely get the job done for you.

Brian

Thanks a lot for your honnest answer. I tend to agree with you
Given that I ordered 2 for other people, I'll keep the copies and hope that I'll be able to sell the third copy for the buying cost

Any estimate of the shipping date?

Tommy
12-23-2019, 11:32 AM
I received my Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio today, a lovely Christmas surprise, beautiful! Thanks CD. :)

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Any estimate of the shipping date?

I'm still waiting on some information from Richard for that. I'm not sure what his S&S contract might require in terms of our pub date vs their pub date, etc. I hope to know more in January!

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Will CD be selling the SST Publication edition of GWENDY'S MAGIC FEATHER? Otherwise I'll order it direct from the UK, which I would prefer not to do.

Munnecom
12-26-2019, 09:46 AM
Why not, if you don’t mind me asking? Paul is awesome and very diligent with his packing.

Garrell
12-26-2019, 09:54 AM
SST is very good, favorite overseas publisher.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-26-2019, 10:19 AM
It's just easier to get it from CD, nothing against SST at all, of who I know very little. The only book I have from them is GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX, and I don't want to wait too long before ordering MAGIC FEATHER in case it sells out. And now that I just paused and looked at it, I did order it direct from SST. So please ignore my question, I'll order it direct again!

EDIT - Shipping was only 5 pounds, total cost, in case anyone's interested, $74.04, and there goes my mental promise to not buy any more books until after January 2020. Oh well.

Brian861
12-26-2019, 10:35 AM
It's just easier to get it from CD, nothing against SST at all, of who I know very little. The only book I have from them is GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX, and I don't want to wait too long before ordering MAGIC FEATHER in case it sells out. And now that I just paused and looked at it, I did order it direct from SST. So please ignore my question, I'll order it direct again!

EDIT - Shipping was only 5 pounds, total cost, in case anyone's interested, $74.04, and there goes my mental promise to not buy any more books until after January 2020. Oh well.

I thought Steve was maybe a masochist and was waiting for it to make it's way through the CD shipping queue.

DanHocker
12-27-2019, 06:38 AM

I'm pretty sure we already offered it. Though I would assume we'll probably have some extras.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-27-2019, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if I ordered it twice now, I often do that, but no problem!

kingfan2323
12-27-2019, 08:11 PM
I bitched about shipping issues but this is FANTASTIC. Love the magnetic closure. Well done CD! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191228/1ff607731375098424656ea6f39bb904.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191228/432a89fd1ede9ddadb43b4021372d164.jpg

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)

herbertwest
12-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Can someone please tell me how many illustrations there are in the CD limited edifion of "Sleeping Beauties"?

Thanks

jeffingoff
12-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Can someone please tell me how many illustrations there are in the CD limited edifion of "Sleeping Beauties"?

Thanks

I’d say 12 not counting the signature sheet.

herbertwest
12-29-2019, 03:04 AM
Thanks

lotuz
12-29-2019, 12:26 PM
Has the shipping process for the Sleeping Beauties artist portfolio wrapped up? I ordered one to match my S/L (#50) but I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

My assumption is that shipping has stalled over the Christmas and New Years holiday weeks (which is fine!), but if that's not the case I wanted to check.

Thanks!

DanHocker
12-30-2019, 06:49 AM
Has the shipping process for the Sleeping Beauties artist portfolio wrapped up? I ordered one to match my S/L (#50) but I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

My assumption is that shipping has stalled over the Christmas and New Years holiday weeks (which is fine!), but if that's not the case I wanted to check.

Thanks!

Pretty much stalled. I'm thinking it should resume on the 2nd.

lotuz
12-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Thanks, Dan!

Br!an
12-30-2019, 11:02 AM
Where in the shipping queue does the Letterpress edition of Revival fall?

DanHocker
12-30-2019, 11:51 AM

This is still a short week for us, so we won't be back into the full swing of things until next week. We should be done the SB art folios this week though. Nearly there now. Then we have to ship the "end of the year grab bag". Hopefully that won't take too terribly long. Revival will be right after that. So if I had to guess it'll hopefully be late next week. No promises though, I don't know what my help's schedules look like next week yet and I have some end of the year closeout paperwork type stuff that needs to be done.

Br!an
12-30-2019, 01:50 PM

This is still a short week for us, so we won't be back into the full swing of things until next week. We should be done the SB art folios this week though. Nearly there now. Then we have to ship the "end of the year grab bag". Hopefully that won't take too terribly long. Revival will be right after that. So if I had to guess it'll hopefully be late next week. No promises though, I don't know what my help's schedules look like next week yet and I have some end of the year closeout paperwork type stuff that needs to be done.

Thanks, Dan. That is actually pretty good. I have a grab bag coming too, so I can't bitch about that.

kingfan2323
01-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Has anyone heard of the ETA for the "included" limited edition book from CDCC #9 and #10? Have people from CDCC #8 even recieved theirs yet?

16 weeks and counting for The Institute Slipcase. Any word on that?

seeking: anything DT#246

allasorte
01-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Hello. I see the PS Publishing Dead Zone order page is up. When will CD send out theirs for the people purchasing the Dead Zone from PS? Thank you guys.

Brian James Freeman
01-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Hello. I see the PS Publishing Dead Zone order page is up. When will CD send out theirs for the people purchasing the Dead Zone from PS? Thank you guys.

Monday. Dan was out sick today and we didn’t hear back from Pete confirming our count until late in the day.

allasorte
01-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Monday. Dan was out sick today and we didn’t hear back from Pete confirming our count until late in the day.

Thank you Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-03-2020, 07:45 PM
Has anyone heard of the ETA for the "included" limited edition book from CDCC #9 and #10? Have people from CDCC #8 even recieved theirs yet?

The books for 8 and 9 will be printed at the same time, sometime this year. They're kind of a set. I'm not sure of exactly when they will be printed yet, though. Waiting to hear from Richard about what is being sent when. The book for 10 is being proofread now, I believe.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-03-2020, 07:46 PM
16 weeks and counting for The Institute Slipcase. Any word on that?

I'll ask Mindy about this. I've mostly been out of the office since the baby was born in November, so I'm out of the loop in general.

Brian

craigobau
01-03-2020, 11:55 PM
Happy New Year CD team!

Any updates on Night Shift?

Thank you.

Cook
01-04-2020, 08:27 AM
Brian or Dan,

Brian

Brian or Dan,
Cook

Brian

Ha... yep!

Brian

Brian,
Well its time for my quarterly check-in on "The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin" "The book has been sent to the printer, and we expect the Limited Edition in mid-January of 2020" (last CD posting)
Mid-January is just a week away and I gotta admit I'm getting pretty excited.
So... whats the latest story on this one? did I miss a posting?
I'm not hearing any noise (just the crickets in the background)

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Brian or Dan,

Brian

Brian or Dan,
Cook

Brian

Ha... yep!

Brian

Brian,
Well its time for my quarterly check-in on "The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin" "The book has been sent to the printer, and we expect the Limited Edition in mid-January of 2020" (last CD posting)

Books are done at the printer, but Dan has a Grab Bag and REVIVAL to ship first. On Monday, he will probably be able to give you a rough estimate of when he thinks he might reach this one in the queue.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2020, 12:12 PM

Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/COM.jpg

Brian

Garrell
01-04-2020, 08:40 PM
Good looking

Kingfan24
01-04-2020, 09:15 PM
How about the lettered?

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2020, 10:31 PM
How about the lettered?

Books are printed, but will need traycases.

Brian

Cook
01-05-2020, 09:39 AM

Now that I'm back on my computer, I was able to grab this photo the office sent me this week:

Brian

Brian,
Thank you for the update !!
I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
Please, no offense intended in my question.
Richard

jeffingoff
01-05-2020, 10:17 AM
Happy New Year CD team!

Thank you.

I’m bumping this question up.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2020, 10:53 AM

Brian

Brian,
I know this might seem nosy but shouldn't the older promised titles deserve presidence in shipping over the newer titles?
Richard

The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Happy New Year CD team!

Thank you.

No official updates to report at this time, but my assumption is that Night Shift will be going to the printer once they’re a little further along on The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, which we already sent their way. But asking Richard about this one and a bunch of other titles is on my To Do list for this week, so I hope to have “real” news very soon!

Brian

firemonkey66
01-05-2020, 11:03 AM
Happy New Year CD team!

Thank you.

I second that bump. It will be four years this June since I paid for Night Shift.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Happy New Year CD team!

Thank you.

I second that bump. It will be four years this June since I paid for Night Shift.

Reply above your post.

DanHocker
01-06-2020, 07:24 AM

Brian

Brian,
Richard

The other items are already in the warehouse. These books are not. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to sit on things that are here, while we wait for other things to come, so we can ship those other things “first.”

Brian

To add to this too, it's also about where it seems like the demand lies as well. This is just a example and isn't actually the case, but say City of Mirrors and The Institute THC were here at the same time. I'd probably prioritize The Institute. Because every day after The Institute's release date we'd get probably 20 emails a day asking when it's shipping, where something like City of Mirrors we probably don't even get 5 a month. But on top of that there's other factors too, how much space something takes up in the warehouse, how much stuff has to be moved to get to something, what actually showed up in the warehouse first. All of that goes into deciding what ships when. As it stands right now, based off of what's actually here to be shipped this is what we're looking at for January.

End of the Year Grab Bag
Revival
Misc. Lettered Editions (I think I have 6 or so ready to ship)
City of Mirrors
Headfull of Ghosts

Hunchback Jack
01-06-2020, 03:01 PM
To add to this too, it's also about where it seems like the demand lies as well. This is just a example and isn't actually the case, but say City of Mirrors and The Institute THC were here at the same time. I'd probably prioritize The Institute. Because every day after The Institute's release date we'd get probably 20 emails a day asking when it's shipping, where something like City of Mirrors we probably don't even get 5 a month. But on top of that there's other factors too, how much space something takes up in the warehouse, how much stuff has to be moved to get to something, what actually showed up in the warehouse first. All of that goes into deciding what ships when. As it stands right now, based off of what's actually here to be shipped this is what we're looking at for January.

End of the Year Grab Bag
Revival
City of Mirrors
Headfull of Ghosts

Thanks for the update, Dan. Is Cardinal Black one of the Lettered Editions you mentioned?

HBJ

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-06-2020, 05:32 PM
I would think the books announced (and paid for) the earliest would be the ones to try and publish and send to the customers first, or at least try to. That seems the logical thing to do, in my opinion anyway.

Kingfan24
01-06-2020, 07:21 PM
I would think the books announced (and paid for) the earliest would be the ones to try and publish and send to the customers first, or at least try to. That seems the logical thing to do, in my opinion anyway.

Yeah - not sure why customer demand plays any role at all on what goes out first.

Garrell
01-06-2020, 08:14 PM
Yeah!!! Head Full Of Ghosts.

DanHocker
01-07-2020, 07:06 AM

Yeah - not sure why customer demand plays any role at all on what goes out first.

Well it's usually a case of "What's going to make the least amount of people mad". Take Letterpess's Revival as an example. When I told people that we weren't going to be able to ship that until mid January there were a lot of people that were upset about that. Realistically if we were operating on "the order things were announced" method Revival might not ship until March. At the end of the day someone isn't gonna be happy and the way I plan the shipping order is generally to minimize the number of uhappy people.

But honestly that really only comes in play when I've got 2 things here that arrived at the same time or we're talking about a big trade release (Stephen King THC, Gwendy, McCammon, Bentley Little). Usually speaking it's a first in / first out shipping order. Meaning whatever showed up in my warehouse first is what's shipping first.

DanHocker
01-07-2020, 07:07 AM

End of the Year Grab Bag
Revival
City of Mirrors
Headfull of Ghosts

Thanks for the update, Dan. Is Cardinal Black one of the Lettered Editions you mentioned?

HBJ

Unfortunately no. I'm not sure where we're at with that one. I know it was a whole different more complicated process than normal because to keep the consistent look across the series we had to have someone else do the book binding. Maybe Brian has an update.

Beverly Marsh
01-07-2020, 08:33 AM
I don't know how to ask this over a computer without sounding rude so please do not take this as rude :)

I am curious as to how it's decided what hits the printer first? Night Shift was announced quite awhile before Best of CD 2 yet Best of is at the printer before NS.....

Richards book Magic Feather was conveniently published right on schedule. I think we wish that he would put a little more effort into taking care of older orders. He's got our money and while the books are beautiful and I love the Doubleday Years so far it would be nice to get them before half of us croak from old age. I plan to sell everything when I retire which is 13 years if all goes well. Will my set be completed in 13 years? At this rate I'm not so sure.
I know there were printer issues beyond anyone's control and I also know that Brian and Dan, you guys do whatever you can. It's not your fault and we appreciate your responses on here,so nothing is directly directed at you guys :)

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 08:37 AM
I am curious as to how it's decided what hits the printer first? Night Shift was announced quite awhile before Best of CD 2 yet Best of is at the printer before NS.....

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 was actually announced long before Night Shift, which is why it was sent first. (Like, a decade before... ugh.)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Will my set be completed in 13 years?

Yes.

Brian

DanHocker
01-07-2020, 08:42 AM

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 was actually announced long before Night Shift, which is why it was sent first.

Brian

Yep and to add to that Night Shift has different printer restrictions than Best of CD 2. Since currently we only have one specific printer that can handle Night Shift, and that printer only has one press that can do it. Where Best of CD 2 can be printed at pretty much any of our printers.

Br!an
01-07-2020, 08:47 AM

Yes.

Brian

I'm going to hold you to that, Brian. :rofl:

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Yes.

Brian

Ha! I should have added:

* Guarantee only valid while I'm still employed by CD.

Beverly Marsh
01-07-2020, 08:57 AM

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 was actually announced long before Night Shift, which is why it was sent first. (Like, a decade before... ugh.)

Brian

Oh dang, I didn't realize that! I'm glad I didn't order it or would be even more frustrated!

Beverly Marsh
01-07-2020, 08:58 AM

Yes.

Brian

Ha! I should have added:

* Guarantee only valid while I'm still employed by CD.

Think we should get it written in blood :belial:

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 09:00 AM
I don't know how to ask this over a computer without sounding rude so please do not take this as rude :)

By the way, I never take any of these questions as "rude," even when they're meant to be rude! People have a right to be upset about the wait on things that are long overdue. I appreciate how cool and calm 99% of CD's customers are on that point! And if Dan and I ran the world, a lot of things would be very different, including CD's book schedule.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a new answer for the question of why are certain things done faster than others. (A bunch of our books actually come out on time, but I don't blame people for focusing on the ones they've been waiting on forever -- it's human nature and perfectly understandable considering you have been waiting on some of these titles forever!)

I've learned a lot of valuable lessons in my 17 years (so far!) at CD, and I'm always putting those lessons to good use when working on "other" things (like my Patreon page and LetterPress Publications).

Dan and I are both hoping for a big 2020 from CD, one that fills your bookcase with many long-awaited books, and we're poking and nudging in the ways we can to try to make that happen.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 09:12 AM
I do have some good news to share on Strange Weather by Joe Hill. The artist who lives outside the US who was working to get all of his signature sheets signed finished them last month and then actually brought the signature sheets back to the states with him last week while he was visiting family. So, he was able to ship them out to us from inside the country, meaning we didn't have to risk the sheets traveling through several foreign postal systems. I haven't seen the box at the office yet, but Dan and Mindy are watching for it to arrive.

In addition, I just wrote the other artist we are waiting on to see what's up since he's had the sheets since July... Once those are signed, the four volumes will be sent to the printer.

I'm really looking forward to getting this set into everyone's hands. It should be a neat set.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
01-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Thanks for your replies Brian. I know you keep getting these same questions over and over and your patience can wear thin. No one would blame you! But you always answer prompt and courteous and I know myself and others appreciate it. I think it just boils down to needing the occasional reassurances and you and Dan both come through.

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2020, 09:53 AM

Brian

Oh dang, I didn't realize that! I'm glad I didn't order it or would be even more frustrated!

It was originally announced under a different title - CD 10th Anniversary Celebration, I think? - and was later retitled to Best of CD 2. A lot more stories have been added to it over time.

I think I have a copy on order; It was one of the freebies of an earlier CDCC, if I recall.

HBJ

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2020, 10:29 AM
It was originally announced under a different title - CD 10th Anniversary Celebration, I think?

Yeah, it was Cemetery Dance: A 15 Year Celebration, which just never came together. That would have been 1/3 of the size of The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, so this is indeed a much larger book than it was originally meant to be. I'm just relieved all of the signature sheets finally made it back safely, and we were able to get this one sent to the printer. (There are three separate sheets for each of the signed editions!)

Brian

Brian861
01-07-2020, 05:06 PM
The only real way to effect change in a business as a customer is to stop patronizing that business as a group. We on these forums and CD's forum are probably in the extreme minority of CD's customer base so trying to effect that change here is like fighting a forest fire with a garden hose. It's just not going to happen. Plus, we as customers, have made it an allowed business practice in willing to endure extreme wait times for some productions. Unfortunately, pulling the rug out from under CD would leave Brian, Dan, Mindy, etc in a very bad way I'd image. Can't be a personal matter but a business one. Get Richard's attention that this just isn't acceptable any longer. Nor is it acceptable for Brian and Dan to have to answer for how this business is being ran. I know CD is a family business but at the end of the day, aren't Brian and Dan just Richard's employees? Brian hints at it above that if he and Dan had any say in matters, things would be a lot different.

Brian, I support you 110% over on Patreon and LPP and love the things you are doing over there and the way you're going about them. I hope you know the comment above doesn't diminish that support for you at all.

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2020, 05:16 PM

Brian

Excited to see the final volume appear, at last!

(Whispers) Psst! Hey, Brian! An after-market slipcase for this volume would be much appreciated. The one you did for The Twelve was very nice.

HBJ

richardsrarebooks
01-07-2020, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping for a slipcase for all three volumes!

Kingfan24
01-07-2020, 09:45 PM
The only real way to effect change in a business as a customer is to stop patronizing that business as a group. We on these forums and CD's forum are probably in the extreme minority of CD's customer base so trying to effect that change here is like fighting a forest fire with a garden hose. It's just not going to happen. Plus, we as customers, have made it an allowed business practice in willing to endure extreme wait times for some productions. Unfortunately, pulling the rug out from under CD would leave Brian, Dan, Mindy, etc in a very bad way I'd image. Can't be a personal matter but a business one. Get Richard's attention that this just isn't acceptable any longer. Nor is it acceptable for Brian and Dan to have to answer for how this business is being ran. I know CD is a family business but at the end of the day, aren't Brian and Dan just Richard's employees? Brian hints at it above that if he and Dan had any say in matters, things would be a lot different.

Brian, I support you 110% over on Patreon and LPP and love the things you are doing over there and the way you're going about them. I hope you know the comment above doesn't diminish that support for you at all.

100% agree. Once the doubleday years set is complete i will not be purchasing any further titles from CD. My money is tied up for FAR too long and its just not acceptable anymore. Pretty disgusting how quickly magic feather can come together but books that have been languishing for years continue to do so.

Roseannebarr
01-07-2020, 10:13 PM

100% agree. Once the doubleday years set is complete i will not be purchasing any further titles from CD. My money is tied up for FAR too long and its just not acceptable anymore. Pretty disgusting how quickly magic feather can come together but books that have been languishing for years continue to do so.

If you go to the #1 post on this thread you will see people complaining about delayed books since 2007. It is why this thread was originally started. Kudos to Brian and Dan for responding all the time.

RC65
01-07-2020, 11:02 PM
Get Richard's attention that this just isn't acceptable any longer. Nor is it acceptable for Brian and Dan to have to answer for how this business is being ran. I know CD is a family business but at the end of the day, aren't Brian and Dan just Richard's employees? Brian hints at it above that if he and Dan had any say in matters, things would be a lot different.

I suspect Brian’s “running the world” comment was referring more to the logistics of their printers and other suppliers...as I recall, on the Nov. 21, 2019 episode of Brian Keene’s Horror Show podcast, interviewee Richard Chizmar indicated he has been much less involved in the daily operations of CD than he used to be, that he was relying largely on his employees to keep the day-to-day wheels turning — including, presumably, empowering them with the issues of production and warehouse scheduling.

webstar1000
01-08-2020, 04:49 AM

If you go to the #1 post on this thread you will see people complaining about delayed books since 2007. It is why this thread was originally started. Kudos to Brian and Dan for responding all the time.

I have to agree here. Brian has been nothing but polite and I am sure he is tired of the 'fires' he has to continually put out. Dan as well. I think Richard is the one at fault here.. as much as I like the guy... he needs to realize that this stuff hurts his brand. Magic Feather should NOT have been released before thee titles we have been waiting for but such is life.. he was probably super excited to get his book out there. We could have Brian/Dan saying 'screw this....' and not respond so thank you guys for taking the time our of your days for us.

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2020, 07:14 AM
I suspect Brian’s “running the world” comment was referring more to the logistics of their printers and other suppliers...as I recall, on the Nov. 21, 2019 episode of Brian Keene’s Horror Show podcast, interviewee Richard Chizmar indicated he has been much less involved in the daily operations of CD than he used to be, that he was relying largely on his employees to keep the day-to-day wheels turning — including, presumably, empowering them with the issues of production and warehouse scheduling.

At the end of the day, Richard is the only one who can cut the checks. He is the only person authorized to do so, which means ultimately he sets the schedule by what he chooses to send to the printer, etc.

But yes, Dan and Mindy and I basically do all of the heavy lifting these days in terms of production and running the office.

Best,
Brian

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 07:25 AM
The last time it felt like Richard was closely involved with the operation of CD was when he sent that "From the Publisher's Desk" post about all the incredible things CD had in store. In that post is when he was promoting the relationship with McCammon and the wonderful new book on the horizon which became The Listener. This was years ago. Since then, his communications have been entirely about Widow's Point (book and movie), Gwendy 1 & 2, Trapped, and other personal projects that have little to do with what's in CD's pipeline. It's obvious his heart isn't in CD anymore. And it's also obvious he hasn't fully empowered those who do still care. I love CD and have about 20-ish books on preorder as well as hundreds in CD credit. I've never cancelled a single order and I don't plan to. But it feels like the owner doesn't care and that maybe I should worry about that.

DanHocker
01-08-2020, 07:32 AM

I have to agree here. Brian has been nothing but polite and I am sure he is tired of the 'fires' he has to continually put out. Dan as well. I think Richard is the one at fault here.. as much as I like the guy... he needs to realize that this stuff hurts his brand. Magic Feather should NOT have been released before thee titles we have been waiting for but such is life.. he was probably super excited to get his book out there. We could have Brian/Dan saying 'screw this....' and not respond so thank you guys for taking the time our of your days for us.

Brian and I both understand your frustrations, but using GMF is a really bad example here. Richard didn't have to have CD publish GMF, the THC for that could have easily gone to Scribner, who's publishing the paperback. Instead CD published it, which arguably is bad for his overall sales figures on that book, we just don't have the reach, resources, and pull in the industry that Scribner does. What big projects like GMF, GBB, and Flight or Fright do are injects "life" into the business (in more than just the financial sense). It puts the CD name in front of other people bringing in new customers, it puts us in front of new authors, and gives us a bit more pull in the industry as a whole. They just overall improve and strengthen the health of the company, which in turn allows us to make progress on fulfilling our obligations to our customers.

In the grand scheme of things CD would be sitting in a great spot as far as catching up on releases if it had not been for the printer disasters of the past 2 years. Loosing both of our main printers in a short time span really ground to a halt all the progress we were set up to make over that time frame. Now we're set up to make some really good progress this year and we have the array of printers too make that happen. That said we're always going to be mixing in new announcements while working on old projects too. The new stuff always has to continue to move forward while we work on the old stuff. Brian and my focus is to keep the new stuff focused on things we can turn around quickly while we work on the old stuff, so we're not adding projects to the "wait" list so to speak.

This is turning a bit rambling, but if you look back over say the past 7 to 10 years we've made pretty big progress on the backlog of announced but unpublished titles and we're continuing to chip away at them. The biggest thing is that the stuff that sticks in peoples heads as having to wait a long time for just happens to be the stuff that people seem to want the most.

zachip
01-08-2020, 09:19 AM
to lighten things up, Brian any news about 'the night eternal' ? ;-)
i know you busy with letterpress, but i hope this will finally see the light of day before mid 2020 ?
thanks in advance.

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2020, 09:27 AM
to lighten things up, Brian any news about 'the night eternal' ? ;-)
i know you busy with letterpress, but i hope this will finally see the light of day before mid 2020 ?
thanks in advance.

Hey, something I can have good news about! :rock:

The Night Eternal and a surprise project are both just about printer-ready. My personal goal would be for both of these to be rolling at the printer before the formal announcements and preorder listings go out. That way, folks don't have to wait as long as for some of the previous books. :)

Brian

BigJoeHillfan
01-08-2020, 11:48 AM
What ever happened to Grave Tales comics??? I loved reading them and ordered the next 3 in a bundle about 5 years ago but nothing has ever been published.:orely:

Mindy and our designer are working on three issues now, with plans to send them to the printer all at the same time this summer, so they ship together. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait:excited:!!!

Any update on the 3 Grave Tales comics? Your last response was on 3-25-19

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2020, 01:21 PM
What ever happened to Grave Tales comics??? I loved reading them and ordered the next 3 in a bundle about 5 years ago but nothing has ever been published.:orely:

Mindy and our designer are working on three issues now, with plans to send them to the printer all at the same time this summer, so they ship together. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait:excited:!!!

Any update on the 3 Grave Tales comics? Your last response was on 3-25-19

I haven’t heard anything from Mindy on them, so I will ask!

Brian

BigJoeHillfan
01-09-2020, 09:16 AM
Thanks Brian