PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

webstar1000
03-01-2019, 11:16 AM
If anyone wants to hear about the "little joys" of small press publishing, ask Dan about his current attempts to get the Sleeping Beauties slipcases from the case maker to the book printer... Although, considering Dan is the one who decides when he's going to ship your orders to you, maybe you don't actually want to poke the bear by doing that... :dance:

Brian

LOL I agree. We want that book so bad.. let's let the man be!

zelig
03-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Small press publishing seems like herding cats...

It’s a lot of waiting for someone to do something.

jsmcmullen92
03-01-2019, 11:32 AM

It’s a lot of waiting for someone to do something.Aka hurry up and wait in my world

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

St. Troy
03-01-2019, 11:39 AM

It’s a lot of waiting for someone to do something.

It seems like it would be like this:

We ask "what about Awesome Novel?"

And in the publisher's head, as he begins to twitch :unsure:, he thinks:

what about that slipcase, Mr. Slipcase Maker?
what about that printing schedule, Mr. Printing House?
what about those signature sheets, Mr. Author that no one blames when these things take forever because everybody interested in the book A) already loves him and B) assumes he's already done the hard work anyway?

:mad1:

:emot-flame:

...and because the publisher doesn't wish to damage any of these relationships or look like a jerk, he refrains from screaming "my suppliers are all flakes!" <_< or "my supply chain logistic forecasts are fantasies as unrealistic as anything in Penthouse Forum!" :panic:, sighs and offers some upbeat version of "sorry for the delays, but coming along well now!" while dreading the inevitable negative impression left by a seeming admission of guilt when all he's trying to do is respond to the people whose money he already holds...and maybe produce a nice book too.

:beat:

:cry:

ICry4Oy
03-01-2019, 11:50 AM
"The City of Mirrors" and "Interview With a Vampire"
Any movement on these?

I know they are both high priorities on Rich's "got to get these books to the printer" list, now that we're almost caught-up from last year's logjam, but I'm still waiting on some more specifics. He had an unexpected collaboration leap onto his schedule -- it must be something about this time of year! -- and he's been buried in that for the last six weeks or so, but I'm hoping he surfaces with some more details about his plans soon!

Brian

Well poop.
Thanks though!

DanHocker
03-01-2019, 12:11 PM
If anyone wants to hear about the "little joys" of small press publishing, ask Dan about his current attempts to get the Sleeping Beauties slipcases from the case maker to the book printer... Although, considering Dan is the one who decides when he's going to ship your orders to you, maybe you don't actually want to poke the bear by doing that... :dance:

Brian

Honestly I'm still confused about that, and our UPS Freight service rep has been really slow at responding to me.

Brian861
03-01-2019, 12:47 PM
I figure I'll have all pre-orders forwarded to the crypt and have a custom made coffin with a library return type slot so the books can just be fed through there. I might actually have time to read then as well.

Randall Flagg
03-01-2019, 01:27 PM
I figure I'll have all pre-orders forwarded to the crypt and have a custom made coffin with a library return type slot so the books can just be fed through there. I might actually have time to read then as well.
Sounds like a dead end.

lotuz
03-01-2019, 03:36 PM

:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

Brian861
03-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a dead end.

That could be.....

Ben Mears
03-02-2019, 05:37 AM
...now that we're almost caught-up from last year's logjam

Where does this realistically put the Night Shift publication date?

Cook
03-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Any movement on these?

I know they are both high priorities on Rich's "got to get these books to the printer" list, now that we're almost caught-up from last year's logjam, but I'm still waiting on some more specifics. He had an unexpected collaboration leap onto his schedule -- it must be something about this time of year! -- and he's been buried in that for the last six weeks or so, but I'm hoping he surfaces with some more details about his plans soon!

Brian

Brian,
I do not intend for this question/statement to appear as a personal attack on you and I hope the DT.org gods don't get angry but here goes...
The answer you provided really wasn't an answer unless you meant "movement" backwards. It reads to me that yet again "Rich" is going to shove another more important "current" project in front of previously promised "bought & paid for" publications.
Yes I understand the Publishing business is difficult for some but seriously, CD pub has more "drama" excuses than any of the others.
It's absolutely ludicrous how long CD strings its customers along and the bait & switch regarding release timelines is tiring.

So to "MY" question that I've been asking now for years:
When is CD Publishers going to Actually publish "The City of Mirrors"

Please don't respond with "CD will refund my money if I'm unhappy"
I'm very unhappy, I don't want a refund, I want part three to my promised trilogy.

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Any movement on these?

Brian

Brian,
I do not intend for this question/statement to appear as a personal attack on you and I hope the DT.org gods don't get angry but here goes...
The answer you provided really wasn't an answer unless you meant "movement" backwards. It reads to me that yet again "Rich" is going to shove another more important "current" project in front of previously promised "bought & paid for" publications.
Yes I understand the Publishing business is difficult for some but seriously, CD pub has more "drama" excuses than any of the others.
It's absolutely ludicrous how long CD strings its customers along and the bait & switch regarding release timelines is tiring.

I'm very unhappy, I don't want a refund, I want part three to my promised trilogy.

I don't take it as a personal attack at all. I'm not good at typing longish replies from my phone, but I'll jump back on here when I'm home tonight. Thanks for your patience.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Brian,

Hi Cook,

I don't take it as a personal attack at all.

I apologize if I caused some confusion above: I meant that Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own, and when that happens, it can sometimes be difficult for the staff to get clear-cut answers on scheduling and plans, etc, because he's so deep in his own writing. That wasn't in reference to some CD project moving ahead of already announced books.

I understand your frustration. You paid for the book! Years ago! And you want the book, not a refund! I get that. Trust me, I really really do. I want you to have your book sooner than later, too!

(I mean, seriously: does anyone think I enjoy answering questions about late books? Especially given the absolutely nasty things people feel liberated to say from the safety of their keyboard? NOT anyone here, of course! You're all awesome! Saints and angels! But if you've ever been on the Internet before, you know what I mean...)

I know I've said this before and got some negative rep, but still, here's the deal... Richard owns CD. It is his company. He pays the bills, he decides what gets done when, he chooses when things are announced publicly, etc.

So, when you ask questions about CD projects, I reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly. Sometimes this info is unsatisfying, as the post above clearly was. I apologize for that. But the MOMENT I have more concrete news, I will share it widely for everyone.

This still doesn't actually answer your question, underlined and in bold and in size 3 font above, but it's the best information I have at this time. I apologize that it isn't the information you desire.

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-03-2019, 06:45 PM
I can't decide if I'm a saint or an angel. Which position pays better?

Cook
03-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Brian,

Hi Cook,

I apologize if I caused some confusion above: I meant that Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own, and when that happens, it can sometimes be difficult for the staff to get clear-cut answers on scheduling and plans, etc, because he's so deep in his own writing. That wasn't in reference to some CD project moving ahead of already announced books.

I understand your frustration. You paid for the book! Years ago! And you want the book, not a refund! I get that. Trust me, I really really do. I want you to have your book sooner than later, too!

(I mean, seriously: does anyone think I enjoy answering questions about late books? Especially given the absolutely nasty things people feel liberated to say from the safety of their keyboard? NOT anyone here, of course! You're all awesome! Saints and angels! But if you've ever been on the Internet before, you know what I mean...)

I know I've said this before and got some negative rep, but still, here's the deal... Richard owns CD. It is his company. He pays the bills, he decides what gets done when, he chooses when things are announced publicly, etc.

So, when you ask questions about CD projects, I reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly. Sometimes this info is unsatisfying, as the post above clearly was. I apologize for that. But the MOMENT I have more concrete news, I will share it widely for everyone.

This still doesn't actually answer your question, underlined and in bold and in size 3 font above, but it's the best information I have at this time. I apologize that it isn't the information you desire.

Brian

Brian,
Ok, I Just want to get this right, correct me if I'm wrong with my summary below.

"Richard owns CD" "he decides what gets done when"
"Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own", "so deep in his own writing"

"I (Brian) reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly", "This still doesn't actually answer your question"

Brian,
I really don't even know how to respond to this. You're telling me his eminence is "so deep in his own writing" he can't take a moment to look at his company computer to decide the latest 3-card shuffle.
The simple fact that you can't do that task yourself is shocking, Is the power out?
I expect this type of answer from politicians and religious entities, but not a publishing business.
This is a joke, Right?

When is CD Publishers going to speculate publishing "The City of Mirrors" ?

I'm truly nauseated with CD Publishing, I can't imagine how the author(s) must feel.
I'm not picking on you as a person Brian, my question is for the title below you name.
Richard

Merlin1958
03-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Brian,

Hi Cook,

Brian

Brian,
Ok, I Just want to get this right, correct me if I'm wrong with my summary below.

"Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own", "so deep in his own writing"

"I (Brian) reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly", "This still doesn't actually answer your question"

Brian,
I really don't even know how to respond to this. You're telling me his eminence is "so deep in his own writing" he can't take a moment to look at his company computer to decide the latest 3-card shuffle.
The simple fact that you can't do that task yourself is shocking, Is the power out?
I expect this type of answer from politicians and religious entities, but not a publishing business.
This is a joke, Right?

I'm truly nauseated with CD Publishing, I can't imagine how the author(s) must feel.
I'm not picking on you as a person Brian, my question is for the title below you name.
Richard

Can I get anyone some coffee??? :deadhorse:

jeffingoff
03-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Can I get anyone some coffee??? :deadhorse:

I'll take mine with cream and sugar. I'll make some popcorn.

DanHocker
03-04-2019, 08:20 AM
...now that we're almost caught-up from last year's logjam

Where does this realistically put the Night Shift publication date?

I don't know specifically where it puts Night Shift, but we typically don't run more than 1 big SK book at the printer at the same time. Sleeping Beauties is supposed to be done real soon (assuming I can ever get the cases from the case maker to the printer). Once Sleeping Beauties is done I expect we'll be starting Night Shift at the printer. I'm not really sure what the printer / case makers turnaround time for a big project like Night Shift is.

richardsrarebooks
03-04-2019, 08:52 AM
I've never had a problem with CD being late until now. For a publishing company's schedule to be determined by Mr. Chizmer's writing projects? I would think a little more delegating of authority is much needed. We all know how good CD is about refunding money, but that's not what we're looking for. It's your wonderful books.

webstar1000
03-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Richard has customers to look after before his writing projects would be my opinion. I mean, I love CD and their books but waiting this long certifiably does suck:( Even if some of the older titles were made top priority it might ease some displeasure for his customers.

jeffingoff
03-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Richard has customers to look after before his writing projects would be my opinion. I mean, I love CD and their books but waiting this long certifiably does suck:( Even if some of the older titles were made top priority it might ease some displeasure for his customers.

Ideally, it should mean some of the decision making is shared with others who can run the day-to-day operation. Either additional staff or empowered partners. One person being the sole decision-maker leads to bottlenecks.

St. Troy
03-04-2019, 09:00 AM
For a publishing company's schedule to be determined by Mr. Chizmer's writing projects?

Is that what was said? I thought Brian said Richard Chizmar's writing was impacting communication of these things, not the scheduling itself:

...Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own, and when that happens, it can sometimes be difficult for the staff to get clear-cut answers on scheduling and plans...

...but of course I'm sure Brian or Dan will explain more fully.

webstar1000
03-04-2019, 09:00 AM

Ideally, it should mean some of the decision making is shared with others who can run the day-to-day operation. Either additional staff or empowered partners. One person being the sole decision-maker leads to bottlenecks.

Brian is an excellent GM and might be in Richards best interest to give him these powers. He can handle it 100%.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Just a heads-up for fans of our new Graveyard Editions series, Head Space and Other Uncomfortable Surroundings (Graveyard Editions #3) is officially rolling at the printer and we should have finished copies in June:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/COOPERJ01-3D_360x540.jpg

https://www.cemeterydance.com/headspace.html

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Is that what was said? I thought Brian said Richard Chizmar's writing was impacting communication of these things, not the scheduling itself:

Yep, sorry if I was unclear. When Richard is writing, he's not always even in Maryland. Last year, he was in a "writer's room" in Arizona (I think) for a week and often there are meetings in LA, sometimes he's in Maine, etc.

Obviously, cell phones and computers and the Internet exist, so it's not like we're all waiting on telegraphs, but he's juggling a lot in his brain, and sometimes we're waiting on decisions or answers.

As to more delegation of certain critical tasks... that's not for me to decide, of course, but I would be ready if the time came and Richard wanted to hand off responsibilities.

Brian

jeffingoff
03-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Brian is an excellent GM and might be in Richards best interest to give him these powers. He can handle it 100%.

Agree 100%

RichardX
03-04-2019, 09:42 AM
My preference would be for CD to curtail future projects until they make substantial headway in addressing the backlog. It's gotten out of hand. I'm supportive of the company and products but at some point they need to address the obvious issues. And not with just excuses.

richardsrarebooks
03-04-2019, 09:43 AM
It's great that "Head Space" will be published in June. But what about "Best of CD 2"; "City of Mirrors"; Interview with the Vampire"; "Turn Down the Lights", etc.? It's been years for all of them, which I have ordered and will continue to wait for.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 09:45 AM
It's great that "Head Space" will be published in June. But what about "Best of CD 2"; "City of Mirrors"; Interview with the Vampire"; "Turn Down the Lights", etc.? It's been years for all of them, which I have ordered and will continue to wait for.

We have a Production Updates page that I'm working on today and many of those are mentioned there:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Brian

DanHocker
03-04-2019, 09:46 AM
But what about "Best of CD 2"

I'm pretty sure sig sheets are still circulating for this one. There's a ton of people signing and it take a surprising amount of time to get that many people to sign sig sheets.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 09:47 AM
But what about "Best of CD 2"

I'm pretty sure sig sheets are still circulating for this one. There's a ton of people signing and it take a surprising amount of time to get that many people to sign sig sheets.

Correct! From the link above:

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 edited by Richard Chizmar:
Proofreading is essentially done for this title, although we'll send it out for a 10th pass next month just out of paranoia. The authors who are available to sign are still in the process of signing the signature sheets and shipping them (via pre-paid label) to the next person on the list, but we have really high hopes that this process will be completed by the first half of 2019, which would allow us time to finally publish this long awaited mammoth volume (760 pages!) in 2019.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 10:01 AM
My preference would be for CD to curtail future projects until they make substantial headway in addressing the backlog. It's gotten out of hand. I'm supportive of the company and products but at some point they need to address the obvious issues. And not with just excuses.

It's not obvious from the outside (because, of course, unless you're in the office it couldn't be, right?), but we've actually turned down a lot of interesting projects and restricted our buying considerably in the last two years as part of our catch-up plan that did get derailed a bit last year.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 10:11 AM
I'm posting this separately and not in reply to anyone in particular, since it's a general comment:

There are ALWAYS going to be books that are announced and published "ahead" of other books for contractual reasons or business reasons, but in a lot of cases, the most common reason is simply because they're ready for the printer first.

Ideally, the books that are stuck in various parts of production wouldn't have been announced when they were, but we cannot unring that bell now, so we're working at them on a case by case basis the best we can.

But, to be clear: I agree with all of you 100%. We shouldn't have fallen behind, you deserve the books you paid for as soon as possible, and that's definitely our goal.

And as soon as I'm done writing this post, I can get back to the SLEEPING BEAUTIES production update for everyone. :drool:

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 12:00 PM
And as soon as I'm done writing this post, I can get back to the SLEEPING BEAUTIES production update for everyone.

Well, assuming someone else here can take some good photos, I'll get this update finished. Mine all sucked! :)

Brian

DanHocker
03-04-2019, 12:16 PM
And as soon as I'm done writing this post, I can get back to the SLEEPING BEAUTIES production update for everyone.

Well, assuming someone else here can take some good photos, I'll get this update finished. Mine all sucked! :)

Brian

Yea this is one difficult case to photograph.

Randall Flagg
03-04-2019, 12:24 PM

Brian

Is it the gossamer threads of the cocoon?

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Brian

You can really FEEL the mice and I want that to be clear in the photo... ugh...

George at C-Springs
03-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks

We have a Production Updates page that I'm working on today and many of those are mentioned there:

Brian

Brian - Honestly I've lost track of everything ordered and what remains on back order. Brian, you know something simple (well, from a customer perspective anyway) that would be extremely helpful would be on the "Order History" page to have an indicator ("Order Filled" column would make the most sense) showing when an order has already been filled or if it remains open. As it is you have to click on each order number just to see what the order is (because no description is given next to the Order Number ... that would also be helpful) and then try to remember if it was received. Personally I have four pages of order history going back to 2011, I'm sure others have more; I couldn't possibly summarize what I still have on order. Something to serve that purpose would certainly be useful.

George

Roseannebarr
03-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks

Brian

Brian - Honestly I've lost track of everything ordered and what remains on back order. Brian, you know something simple (well, from a customer perspective anyway) that would be extremely helpful would be on the "Order History" page to have an indicator ("Order Filled" column would make the most sense) showing when an order has already been filled or if it remains open. As it is you have to click on each order number just to see what the order is (because no description is given next to the Order Number ... that would also be helpful) and then try to remember if it was received. Personally I have four pages of order history going back to 2011, I'm sure others have more; I couldn't possibly summarize what I still have on order. Something to serve that purpose would certainly be useful.

George

I second that! I periodically print out ALL my orders, but it sure gets confusing. Even more so when you order a MINDY SPECIAL. What did I order????

DanHocker
03-04-2019, 12:56 PM
I think we've talked about this before, but I think we determined that with the way our website and order management system works, that we have no way to do that. From what I understand, it's one way communication. The order management system can get info from the website, but the website can't get info back from the order management system.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 01:01 PM

George

Hey George!

Yeah, that is a side effect of our website software and our offline order management software not always playing nice together. Together, they do most of the things we need, but one of the problems they have is when the offline system wants to "push order data" back up to the website. It seems like it should be easy peasy, but for some reason they just don't speak the same language.

It's a problem we're aware of, and at some point we'd like to replace the whole system from top to bottom to make it more user friendly, but a surprising amount of manpower goes into that sort of transition, and right now we're focusing on the books as much as possible.

The good news is, Mindy is able to look on her end and figure out all of that for you, and also decipher any weird product codes and names from secret pre-sales, etc. Not nearly as convenient, I know, but she's always very happy to help you sort things out!

Brian

Cook
03-04-2019, 01:16 PM
Bump,

Brian,

Hi Cook,

Brian

Brian,

Brian,
This is a joke, Right?

Richard

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Although the fact that I'm waiting for four or five books for quite a while doesn't bother me at all, I DID miss out on getting a lettered SLEEPING BEAUTIES.
So feel free, under no obligation at all, I assure you, to send me a left over lettered or PC copy that nobody has any use for to make up for it.
I mean, like, you know, one of those you were going to toss away anyway or use to line the bird cage of that weird parakeet that came back after you buried it in the sematary.
I can use lighter fluid to clean off the stains, really...

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 01:47 PM

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin:
Everything has been put together for this special edition, and the author has returned the signed signature sheets, so we'll be scheduling this project for later this year.

Randall Flagg
03-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Everything has been put together for this special edition, and the author has returned the signed signature sheets, so we'll be scheduling this project for later this year.

I think we can now stop beating a dead horse.

:deadhorse:

peripheral
03-04-2019, 02:54 PM
OK. Holy shit - that Sleeping Beauties traycase looks spectacular!

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-04-2019, 02:56 PM

Agree completely...stellar:thumbsup:

webstar1000
03-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Where you see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lotuz
03-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Where you see it?

There's a link on the production updates page - here it is: https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/king17LMTDtraycase01.jpg

And boy is it nice!!

webstar1000
03-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Wow

Merlin1958
03-04-2019, 03:13 PM

I think we can now stop beating a dead horse.

:deadhorse:

No offense to, Rich I feel his pain, but AMEN!!! LOL

Dr. Dawg
03-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Wow, that traycase looks amazing!

stroppygoblin
03-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Hell yes. Can’t wait for that one :thumbsup:

The Library Policeman
03-04-2019, 05:36 PM
That looks great!

George at C-Springs
03-04-2019, 06:09 PM
The good news is, Mindy is able to look on her end and figure out all of that for you, and also decipher any weird product codes and names from secret pre-sales, etc. Not nearly as convenient, I know, but she's always very happy to help you sort things out!

Thanks Brian, I dropped Mindy a note.

St. Troy
03-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Kickass traycase.

Brian James Freeman
03-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Here is the latest SLEEPING BEAUTIES update for those who didn't order directly from us:

As we mentioned at the end of January, our printer is on track to have all of the books to us in April, but in the meantime other parts of the project are being completed and we wanted to share something we thought you might find interesting.

Today, we received our final approval traycase for the Limited Edition, which is essentially the first real traycase. It looks and feels exactly like the rest of them, which our case maker is now in the process cutting and wrapping.

We’ve posted a photo if you’d like a sneak peek, but don’t click on the link if you’d rather be surprised when you open the shipping box:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/king17LMTDtraycase01.jpg

More news to come. Thank you, as always, for your continuing support and patience!

Ari_Racing
03-06-2019, 06:14 AM
That's probably the best traycase CD has ever produced. Congratulations!!

jeffingoff
03-06-2019, 06:32 AM

In the CD Forum, BJF mentioned that the Sleeping Beauties Artwork Portfolio would be made from the same materials and hot foils. So it'll make a great set and there are still portfolios available.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/sleeping-beauties-artwork-portfolio.html

Ari_Racing
03-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Of course I already purchased the porfolio :D

burial
03-06-2019, 10:48 AM

yes - this one is a BEAUTY

stroppygoblin
03-06-2019, 02:31 PM

And as always, I have a moment of panic and eventually find I placed an order months and months ago!

Brian James Freeman
03-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Did Dan or I post a photo of the SLEEPING BEAUTIES Gift Edition slipcase a while back, or did we just talk about doing that and then forget to actually post the photo?

Brian

bdwyer19
03-06-2019, 07:06 PM
I don’t recall seeing one, Brian. Do you have one you can share?

dnemec
03-06-2019, 07:09 PM

And as always, I have a moment of panic and eventually find I placed an order months and months ago!

Same here. I had to check the preorder spreadsheet. Nope, I don't have a buying problem! :nope:

Brian James Freeman
03-06-2019, 07:13 PM

The photos on my phone aren’t good... I’ll text Dan and ask him to grab his good camera in the AM!

frik
03-06-2019, 11:03 PM
Did Dan or I post a photo of the SLEEPING BEAUTIES Gift Edition slipcase a while back, or did we just talk about doing that and then forget to actually post the photo?

Brian

Yes, the slipcase was shared, not sure by whom, but we did see it.
Lovely case!

sk

herbertwest
03-07-2019, 01:04 AM

The photos on my phone aren’t good... I’ll text Dan and ask him to grab his good camera in the AM!

Thanks !

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Dan took a quick photo of the SLEEPING BEAUTIES slipcase this morning:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SBSlipcaseApproval.jpg

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Brian

Yes, the slipcase was shared, not sure by whom, but we did see it.
Lovely case!

sk

I found it! I posted a photo last month... Dan's is better, so I swapped his in place of mine. :)

Roseannebarr
03-07-2019, 10:23 AM
any body here save the CD email early ordering email for the LITTLE book series. Specifically the book

A Little Aqua Book of Marine Stories by Tim Waggoner —Signed, Limited Edition

I deleted my link and want to order a copy and cant find it on their site.

Thanks!!!!!!

MLG
03-07-2019, 11:03 AM
any body here save the CD email early ordering email for the LITTLE book series. Specifically the book

Thanks!!!!!!

Here is the link but it appears they are out:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/little-marine-stories.html

Roseannebarr
03-07-2019, 11:23 AM

Thanks!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Appears so! now my number 52 is gone and lost forever. guess I am not collecting those anymore!

Br!an
03-07-2019, 04:28 PM

Thanks!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Appears so! now my number 52 is gone and lost forever. guess I am not collecting those anymore!

Don't give up yet. Contact Mindy or Dan. They might pleasantly surprise you.

Roseannebarr
03-07-2019, 07:37 PM
I have to give up! Went to mindy first with no luck! I ordered third book in series but forgot to request my darn number! Was hoping they would still have my # but she said if the link was gone they were sold out😢

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I have to give up! Went to mindy first with no luck! I ordered third book in series but forgot to request my darn number! Was hoping they would still have my # but she said if the link was gone they were sold out😢

I feel like there's a small chance Dan still has a copy or two in the back, but let's see what he says when he gets to the office in the AM! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Brian

DanHocker
03-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately had you been a week or two earlier there's a chance I might have still had it, but we had just used all the stragglers from the little book series (and most of the other pub stragglers) in the most recent grab bag.

Roseannebarr
03-08-2019, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately had you been a week or two earlier there's a chance I might have still had it, but we had just used all the stragglers from the little book series (and most of the other pub stragglers) in the most recent grab bag.

Thank you both for looking! Truly appreciated!

Brian861
03-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Thank you both for looking! Truly appreciated!

Glen. If you're not a member of the CD forum, I could ask there that if anyone should receive it to reach out.

Roseannebarr
03-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Great idea! I just wish it was easier to keep the same #. 😃. I would hate to manage this at a bookstore!

Brian861
03-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Great idea! I just wish it was easier to keep the same #. 😃. I would hate to manage this at a bookstore!

True. I get 'em straight from the source. Padded envelope and all lol.

Roseannebarr
03-08-2019, 12:56 PM

Brian! Thanks for posting on CD forum!!! I have # 272 to trade with a few surprises if it works!

Brian861
03-08-2019, 11:26 PM

Brian! Thanks for posting on CD forum!!! I have # 272 to trade with a few surprises if it works!

Most welcome and best of luck!

MLG
03-09-2019, 01:11 PM

I am a bit confused here. I have copy 272 of all of the series III little books, including the Aqua book, as I have been purchasing them as they are offered from Cemetery Dance.

Roseannebarr
03-09-2019, 02:02 PM

I am a bit confused here. I have copy 272 of all of the series III little books, including the Aqua book, as I have been purchasing them as they are offered from Cemetery Dance.

I was sent 298. Sorry. NOT 272

MLG
03-09-2019, 02:54 PM

I was sent 298. Sorry. NOT 272

That explains it. Hope you are able to locate the correct number!

George at C-Springs
03-15-2019, 10:07 AM

Heard back from Mindy today, and holy cow 15 items on back order dating to 2012! On the plus side, I have coming a Lettered The Twelve, The Stand Deluxe Special AE, Best of Shivers Limited, Sleeping Beauties Limited + Art, and a bunch more I didn't even remember.

Cook
03-15-2019, 10:16 AM

Heard back from Mindy today, and holy cow 15 items on back order dating to 2012! On the plus side, I have coming a Lettered The Twelve, The Stand Deluxe Special AE, Best of Shivers Limited, Sleeping Beauties Limited + Art, and a bunch more I didn't even remember.

2012, seriously? Which one is delayed from 2012?

webstar1000
03-15-2019, 10:17 AM

2012? Man that is just unacceptable.. sorry I LOVE CD but that is unreal. There is literally no excuse I could accept for that. Not a one.

jeffingoff
03-15-2019, 10:20 AM

2012? Man that is just unacceptable.. sorry I LOVE CD but that is unreal. There is literally no excuse I could accept for that. Not a one.

I'm waiting for the signed edition of TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS that I preordered November 2013.

richardsrarebooks
03-15-2019, 12:07 PM
So am I. But I still love their books. Just ordered the newest CDCC offer that was emailed today. Used my CD credit account.

evg321
03-15-2019, 12:45 PM
2012? I guess they are still polishing the manuscript :)

ICry4Oy
03-15-2019, 01:06 PM

I'm waiting for the signed edition of TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS that I preordered November 2013.

I finally gave up and cancelled that one. Mindy promptly refunded my money!

George at C-Springs
03-15-2019, 06:36 PM

For everyone's reference (so Mindy won't have to generate more responses), here's my list:

08/01/18 Cemetery Dance Collectors
08/01/18 Graveside Manner 3 Limited
06/27/18 Head Space by James Cooper Limited
09/06/17 Graveside Manner 2 Limited
09/06/17 Sleeping Beauties Signed Art Portfolio Limited
04/24/17 Sleeping Beauties Limited
02/13/17 The Best of Shivers Limited
08/30/16 Graveside Manner Limited
11/01/15 Four Halloweens 2 Limited
09/15/14 The Judas Tree by Simon Clark Limited
09/15/14 Sunny Pines (CDCC 5) Limited
07/21/14 The Stand: The Deluxe Special AE
11/12/13 Turn Down the Lights AE
08/28/13 A Good Story and Good Word by Kevin Quigley Limited
04/23/12 The Twelve by Justin Cronin Lettered

Brian James Freeman
03-15-2019, 06:49 PM
For everyone's reference (so Mindy won't have to generate more responses), here's my list:

And before the usual suspects start :deadhorse:, a very good number of those will be shipping this year, and the few that aren't done this year, will be finished next year. And yes, as we've acknowledged many times, these have taken far too long. Our apologies again.

Brian

George at C-Springs
03-15-2019, 06:59 PM
And before the usual suspects start , a very good number of those will be shipping this year, and the few that aren't done this year, will be finished next year. And yes, as we've acknowledged many times, these have taken far too long. Our apologies again.

Brian

I wasn't complaining Brian, just posting as a reference for others; also placed another order today. I really didn't realize I had that many on back-order, I think I said "holy crap" out loud when I opened the attachment!

Brian James Freeman
03-15-2019, 07:07 PM
And before the usual suspects start , a very good number of those will be shipping this year, and the few that aren't done this year, will be finished next year. And yes, as we've acknowledged many times, these have taken far too long. Our apologies again.

Brian

I wasn't complaining Brian, just posting as a reference for others; also placed another order today. I really didn't realize I had that many on back-order, I think I said "holy crap" out loud when I opened the attachment!

Ha, nope, I didn't mean you! :) Just some others who are unaware that we lack a time machine to go back OR to speed up the process, but we ARE working toward catching up on these things. ;)

Brian

Cook
03-18-2019, 05:12 AM

08/01/18 Cemetery Dance Collectors
08/01/18 Graveside Manner 3 Limited
06/27/18 Head Space by James Cooper Limited
09/06/17 Graveside Manner 2 Limited
09/06/17 Sleeping Beauties Signed Art Portfolio Limited
04/24/17 Sleeping Beauties Limited
02/13/17 The Best of Shivers Limited
08/30/16 Graveside Manner Limited
11/01/15 Four Halloweens 2 Limited
09/15/14 The Judas Tree by Simon Clark Limited
09/15/14 Sunny Pines (CDCC 5) Limited
07/21/14 The Stand: The Deluxe Special AE
11/12/13 Turn Down the Lights AE
08/28/13 A Good Story and Good Word by Kevin Quigley Limited
04/23/12 The Twelve by Justin Cronin Lettered

Ok everybody, let’s not get your panties in a bunch with this next question.
You said this was your list.... other than what’s listed on the website, does anyone have the entire list of just the pending/late CD titles?
Thanks

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2019, 06:35 AM
You said this was your list.... other than what’s listed on the website, does anyone have the entire list of just the pending/late CD titles?
Thanks

Perhaps the Production Updates page might help:

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you mean.

Brian

WeDealInLead
03-18-2019, 07:38 AM
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the production list doesn't show when the books become available for ordering.

Cook
03-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Thanks

Brian

As he stated, no need to bug Mindy.
The list seemed more helpful to me than the website page.

George at C-Springs
03-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Thanks

Brian

Ugh. Kinda sorry I ever asked the question now. IMO the production page is great as it does reflect all publications still in the works and where they are in production; no it's not a spreadsheet, but all the data is still right there.

What it doesn't reflect (obviously) is everyone's individual orders; my issue was being able to have a quick & easy view of what I personally still had on order because that particular functionality is not available, due to software limitations, through the "Order History" page. The answer Brian provided in Post #18292 was "Mindy has the capability to produce individual back-order lists"; I requested, Mindy provided, then I posted my results here for everyone's reference.

So, not to overload Mindy, but if you are interested in a spreadsheet listing your own individual back-order list, drop Mindy a request and she will generate it and and email it to you.

George

Cook
03-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Thanks

Brian

Ugh. Kinda sorry I ever asked the question now. IMO the production page is great as it does reflect all publications still in the works and where they are in production; no it's not a spreadsheet, but all the data is still right there.

What it doesn't reflect (obviously) is everyone's individual orders; my issue was being able to have a quick & easy view of what I personally still had on order because that particular functionality is not available, due to software limitations, through the "Order History" page. The answer Brian provided in Post #18292 was "Mindy has the capability to produce individual back-order lists"; I requested, Mindy provided, then I posted my results here for everyone's reference.

So, not to overload Mindy, but if you are interested in a spreadsheet listing your own individual back-order list, drop Mindy a request and she will generate it and and email it to you.

George

George, no need to apologize, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers.
I was just asking if there was a list available, yes I know its a touchy subject, but we can all be adults about this.

George at C-Springs
03-18-2019, 06:20 PM
I was just asking if there was a list available, yes I know its a touchy subject, but we can all be adults about this.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/shirley-you-jest.jpg

Cook
03-19-2019, 07:40 AM
Don't call me Shirley :)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/shirley-you-jest.jpg

Don't call me Shirley :)

Brian861
03-19-2019, 09:52 AM

George

Another suggestion, the way I do it, is to keep a folder of all your order confirmations. This is also help in that you can reply directly to that confirmation with any questions, request, etc.

jeffingoff
03-19-2019, 10:05 AM

George

Another suggestion, the way I do it, is to keep a folder of all your order confirmations. This is also help in that you can reply directly to that confirmation with any questions, request, etc.

Yeah, I have a folder labeled PRE-ORDERS full of order confirmations for every book I've purchased that has not arrived. Sometimes I scroll through and cry and scream 'I WANT TO HOLD MY BABIES!" but that's Jeff time.

Brian861
03-19-2019, 12:05 PM

George

Yeah, I have a folder labeled PRE-ORDERS full of order confirmations for every book I've purchased that has not arrived. Sometimes I scroll through and cry and scream 'I WANT TO HOLD MY BABIES!" but that's Jeff time.

You're safe there.

George at C-Springs
03-19-2019, 02:25 PM

I have that folder as well, and basically it's filled with years of confirmations and emails and such ... none of which is nearly as effective as a simple spreadsheet.

I've been pulling together documentation for all of my collectibles into one location for insurance purposes, as I am in definite need of an upgrade to my Art rider. Kinda spoiled by some of the larger auction houses which provide summary exportable spreadsheets of all past orders which include all data you could possibly need; I take that and then add a jpeg of the item itself along with current value, if known, and POC info for disposition in case of my untimely passing.

My primary issues are with finding older data, especially from eBay which only maintains those links for 90 days; if you didn't document it then, you're essentially shit out of luck (unless someone here knows of a trick that I don't).

BigJoeHillfan
03-23-2019, 11:02 AM
What ever happened to Grave Tales comics??? I loved reading them and ordered the next 3 in a bundle about 5 years ago but nothing has ever been published.:orely:

Cook
03-23-2019, 11:48 AM
What ever happened to Grave Tales comics??? I loved reading them and ordered the next 3 in a bundle about 5 years ago but nothing has ever been published.:orely:

Well I’m sure the latest CD production update page should clear it all up for you.

jcmanske
03-23-2019, 12:02 PM
More CD auctions of some good signed limited editions up on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/cdancepub/m.html?_ssn=cdancepub

Merlin1958
03-23-2019, 02:09 PM
What the hell, right? Can't win it if you ain't in it!!! Maybe I'll get lucky!!!!!! lol

BigJoeHillfan
03-23-2019, 02:19 PM

Well I’m sure the latest CD production update page should clear it all up for you.

And where is that? I looked at the production page update and it is not listed..........

allasorte
03-23-2019, 04:24 PM

And they will sell above market value through CD. This always happens :(. I'm changing my ebay seller name to CD?!

Patrick
03-23-2019, 04:33 PM

And they will sell above market value through CD. This always happens :(. I'm changing my ebay seller name to CD?!
A lot of people are skittish about using eBay for collectibles. Cemetery Dance is a name they can trust, so no wonder they earn a premium as a seller in open auction.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-23-2019, 11:36 PM

A lot of people are skittish about using eBay for collectibles. Cemetery Dance is a name they can trust, so no wonder they earn a premium as a seller in open auction.

They don't always sell at a premium. I won an CD auction for a Lettered Dark Man. I got it for $1000. The original selling price was $1750.

allasorte
03-24-2019, 05:45 AM

They don't always sell at a premium. I won an CD auction for a Lettered Dark Man. I got it for $1000. The original selling price was $1750.

Then there is hope! Thanks :lovely:

Cook
03-24-2019, 05:54 AM

And where is that? I looked at the production page update and it is not listed..........

To the left of the latest Update wish list page under the "Shop by Category" column.
Hover over the specific comic and the published date appears.
Which was the last you received?

#6 was published in early 2009
#7 was published in early 2013

BigJoeHillfan
03-24-2019, 07:09 AM

To the left of the latest Update wish list page under the "Shop by Category" column.
Hover over the specific comic and the published date appears.
Which was the last you received?

#6 was published in early 2009
#7 was published in early 2013

Sorry I guess my question was not clear. I have both of those issues. Back in 2011 I ordered a subscription for the next 4 Grave tales issues. I received #7 as the first of 4. I am wondering when if ever are #8,#9,#10 be issued. I spoke with Mindy a year or two ago and she said more would be coming out within a year or so. Below is email I have from 2011 from CD.

_gtnewsub Grave Tales Comic Book Subscription 1

CHOOSEYOURSUB: 4ISSUEUS $16.00

Brian James Freeman
03-25-2019, 08:02 AM

Mindy and our designer are working on three issues now, with plans to send them to the printer all at the same time this summer, so they ship together. Thanks for asking!

Brian

BigJoeHillfan
03-25-2019, 08:19 AM

Mindy and our designer are working on three issues now, with plans to send them to the printer all at the same time this summer, so they ship together. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait:excited:!!!

DanHocker
03-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Needless to say I think Grave Tales has been a lot more difficult to put together than any of us thought it would be when we first started it.

amd013
03-27-2019, 05:13 PM

Yeah but they sell for more then cover price even for items still in stock from the original publisher.

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2019, 07:52 AM
SLEEPING BEAUTIES UPDATE going out today via email:
Our printer has reported they will be slipcasing the Gift Edition books next week, which they should be able to complete within a week. Our Limited Edition traycases have been completed, the final approval copy looks great, and those cases are now on the way to our warehouse and should arrive by the end of next week. We're still on track to ship the Gift Edition and Limited Edition by the end of April. Thank you again for all of your patience!

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2019, 07:56 AM
CARDINAL BLACK update going out today via email:
The trade hardcover of CARDINAL BLACK has arrived in the Cemetery Dance Publications warehouse! We cannot ship customer orders for the book until the last week of the month, but we are starting to pack orders now, so they all go out the same day. (There are *lots* of orders!)

If you ordered the trade hardcover directly from us, please know the shipping notice email you might receive in the next few days isn’t “real” -- our system will send it automatically when we process your order to begin the packing process. That said, any tracking number in the email will “become active” once the package is scanned by the shipping service later this month!

Sorry for any confusion this might cause, but we just wanted to get ahead on packing so all of these trade hardcovers could ship on the same day. We will send a mass email the day the packages ship, so you can be on the lookout for your incoming delivery!

** UPDATE ON THE SIGNED & SLIPCASED LIMITED EDITION:

A copy of the Limited Edition book has been overnighted to our slipcase maker, and he estimates he will have the slipcases ready in June. If you ordered the trade hardcover as well, your trade hardcover WILL ship right away with the rest of the trade hardcover orders!

** UPDATE ON THE SIGNED & TRAYCASED LETTERED EDITION:

We have a hand-binder who we’re sending untrimmed, unbound book blocks of CARDINAL BLACK. He is still picking several materials for us to select from, but then he’ll get right into production. The books and the traycases will be made from hand, with the goal of creating something unique for our line while staying true to the previous Lettered Editions in the series. Here are two photos of the untrimmed book block in case you’ve never seen one before:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/CBblock01small.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/CBblock02small.jpg

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support and patience!

sentinel
04-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Hey Brian,
Any update on slipcases for Elevation?
thanks!

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Hey Brian,
thanks!

Waiting for that news to come across the teletype from HQ! ;)

Actually, waiting for an update from our slipcase guy. Really hoping to hear some good news soon because he's getting to be pretty late on this one, although I know Sleeping Beauties kind of wrecked his little shop for a while since it was such a large job.

Brian

sentinel
04-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Hey Brian,
thanks!

Waiting for that news to come across the teletype from HQ! ;)

Actually, waiting for an update from our slipcase guy. Really hoping to hear some good news soon because he's getting to be pretty late on this one, although I know Sleeping Beauties kind of wrecked his little shop for a while since it was such a large job.

Brian

Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Did we post that The Twelve Lettered Editions are shipping? I meant to snap a quick photo today and forgot.

Brian

Tony Two-Cent
04-04-2019, 05:49 AM
Thank you so much for the update on CARDINAL BLACK, Brian. I ordered the signed/limited edition from CD and the trade edition from The Alabama Booksmith. I am anxiously awaiting both editions.

shaq
04-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Hi Brian, great news in the Sleeping Beauties, is there any news on what happens with the portfolio?

Are you looking to issue that together with the s/l's?
Thanks, dave

DanHocker
04-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Hi Brian, great news in the Sleeping Beauties, is there any news on what happens with the portfolio?

Thanks, dave

That'll be a separate shipment as they are in the queue to get cases made. Generally though shipping them separately makes dealing with number requests on the portfolios a bit easier as we get a lot of requests that are "match my book". Which is really hard to deal with when the book and the portfolios aren't on the same orders. This way it'll let us just reference a chart or send out a email saying "last change to request a matching number" or something like that.

Brian may be able to narrow down specifics for the portfolio time frame though, I'm not entirely sure where we're at with the case for that.

Roseannebarr
04-04-2019, 08:12 AM

Thanks, dave

That'll be a separate shipment as they are in the queue to get cases made. Generally though shipping them separately makes dealing with number requests on the portfolios a bit easier as we get a lot of requests that are "match my book". Which is really hard to deal with when the book and the portfolios aren't on the same orders. This way it'll let us just reference a chart or send out a email saying "last change to request a matching number" or something like that.

Brian may be able to narrow down specifics for the portfolio time frame though, I'm not entirely sure where we're at with the case for that.

I have NEVER seen an email saying "last change to request a matching number" or something like that.

have you done that before? special people get them but not me? :( that would of helped ALOT with my little series books. Which will be forever damaged, #52 is out there alone without its sister books. :)

Beverly Marsh
04-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Great news on SB!
Any news on Shining in the Dark?
Thanks in advance Brian or Dan :)

shaq
04-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Thanks Dan, i know i have put a matching number request through, so hopefully that'll be okay.

Thanks for the info

DanHocker
04-04-2019, 09:16 AM

Thanks, dave

I have NEVER seen an email saying "last change to request a matching number" or something like that.

have you done that before? special people get them but not me? :( that would of helped ALOT with my little series books. Which will be forever damaged, #52 is out there alone without its sister books. :)

Not something we do often, but I'm pretty sure we did for the IT portfolio.

George at C-Springs
04-04-2019, 10:12 AM
You can ALWAYS request a number/matching number, just respond back to Mindy on your order e-mail receipt. They will ALWAYS do their best to match, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

DanHocker
04-04-2019, 10:30 AM
You can ALWAYS request a number/matching number, just respond back to Mindy on your order e-mail receipt. They will ALWAYS do their best to match, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Correct. We do our best to honor specific number requests on our titles. Other publisher's titles are a bit trickier and on most titles we don't even let people request specific numbers. It's been a bit of a mess with PS Publishings SK titles and Borderlands Little Books though. I wish I could go back in time and tell people that if they where after matching numbers on those series to order them direct from the publishers. It's not applicable to most people as it's a small percentage of customer who orders every single one, then it's an even smaller percentage of customer who cares about the matching number, but it does suck when for whatever reason something happens and we can't match someones number part way into a series.

Brian James Freeman
04-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Thank you so much for the update on CARDINAL BLACK, Brian. I ordered the signed/limited edition from CD and the trade edition from The Alabama Booksmith. I am anxiously awaiting both editions.

And just to confirm, the Alabama Booksmith will have their copies in plenty of time for their launch event. :)

Brian

Randall Flagg
04-04-2019, 11:09 AM
As a rule I don't request specific numbers. That way I always get the number I want.

Brian James Freeman
04-05-2019, 05:35 AM
I know we don't promote our free Cemetery Dance Online section much (sending a note today about that since I just wrote those words!), but here is Bev's review of the new Pet Sematary movie:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/bev-vincent-reviews-pet-sematary/

Beverly Marsh
04-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Great news on SB!

Bump.
SB is suitably more important(and definitely more exciting!) right now but it has been over/almost a year since this came out. Just wondering what the current status is?

wizardsrainbow
04-09-2019, 06:28 PM
KUDOS to Brian....I bought one of his "specials"...a Lettered Dark Forces...traycase was damaged and he promptly (like one day!) sent me a replacement....Doesn't get better than that. TY Brian!

lotuz
04-10-2019, 10:58 AM
KUDOS to Brian....I bought one of his "specials"...a Lettered Dark Forces...traycase was damaged and he promptly (like one day!) sent me a replacement....Doesn't get better than that. TY Brian!

lol I don't know how many copies he had but I think there's a good chance they all went to forum members :cool:

And hats off to Brian for the exceptional customer service, of course :)

Brian James Freeman
04-10-2019, 07:28 PM
My thanks goes out again to you and the couple of other collectors who gave those books good homes!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Great news on SB!

Bump.
SB is suitably more important(and definitely more exciting!) right now but it has been over/almost a year since this came out. Just wondering what the current status is?

Oops, sorry! Somehow I missed this in my notifications.

I'm trying to figure out what has happened with the slipcase for Shining in the Dark. I haven't been "in the loop" on that project, so tomorrow I'm looping myself back in and I'll report back ASAP. Sorry for the wait!

Brian

George at C-Springs
04-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Just received shipping notification for The Twelve Lettered!

AstroDad
04-16-2019, 11:32 AM

Wow. How many years did it take them to make those 26 books (or rather, the cases). Alas I gave up and canceled over a year ago out of frustration.

Joe315
04-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Wow. How many years did it take them to make those 26 books (or rather, the cases). Alas I gave up and canceled over a year ago out of frustration.

52 books/cases. And 7 years. Ordered April 2012

George at C-Springs
04-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Yes, and coming soon! Whoo-hoo!!!

George at C-Springs
04-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Yay!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/thumbnail1.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/thumbnail31.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/thumbnail21.jpg

Hunchback Jack
04-17-2019, 04:02 PM
Very nice. Congrats!

In other CD news, I just received my shipping notice for Cardinal Black! Woo hoo!

HBJ

Brian James Freeman
04-18-2019, 05:21 AM
Very nice. Congrats!

In other CD news, I just received my shipping notice for Cardinal Black! Woo hoo!

HBJ

I believe all of our trade hardcover preorders are now packed and actually leaving the building on Monday, but Dan can confirm. :)

Brian

DanHocker
04-18-2019, 06:07 AM
Very nice. Congrats!

HBJ

I believe all of our trade hardcover preorders are now packed and actually leaving the building on Monday, but Dan can confirm. :)

Brian

Monday or Tuesday. Probably Tuesday.

Roseannebarr
04-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Very nice. Congrats!

HBJ

Brian

12 days left in April!!! MY sleeping beauties will be here in April!!! Right?:excited:

DanHocker
04-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Very nice. Congrats!

HBJ

Brian

12 days left in April!!! MY sleeping beauties will be here in April!!! Right?:excited:

I'm still hoping it'll start shipping in April, but we still don't have the books in the warehouse yet. We've seen approval copies though which means they've got to be really close. TBH though even if they were to show up tomorrow, it'd pretty unlikely you'd actually get your copy in April as we need to finish what we're shipping now and clear out the Cardinal Black shipments (which can't leave until next week) before I even have room to think about working on a project the size of Sleeping Beauties.

ICry4Oy
04-18-2019, 10:05 AM
buzzkill

Brian James Freeman
04-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Anyone see this teaser image Richard Chizmar posted on Facebook? Just passing it along for those who might be interested!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/snow.jpg

Brian

jeffingoff
04-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Anyone see this teaser image Richard Chizmar posted on Facebook? Just passing it along for those who might be interested!

Brian

AH! The photo Richard posted on FB didn't have the "Contact Castle Rock PD" under the photo of the missing person!

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 10:24 AM

Brian

That picture is very slightly different than the one Richard posted.

jeffingoff
04-29-2019, 10:29 AM
That picture is very slightly different than the one Richard posted.

Hahahaha--I guess I don't do subtlety!

Brian James Freeman
04-29-2019, 10:30 AM

Brian

AH! The photo Richard posted on FB didn't have the "Contact Castle Rock PD" under the photo of the missing person!

Wow, you're FAST... ha!

jeffingoff
04-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Wow, you're FAST... ha!

That's, uh, what she said.

Bev Vincent
04-29-2019, 11:18 AM

Brian

Winter is coming...

Garrell
04-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Not afraid of winter...I have Arya's phone number

jsmcmullen92
05-01-2019, 06:59 AM
https://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-magic-feather.html

Hmm now the dilemma... do I get the matching number to my GBB or not

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 07:07 AM

I considered strongly whether to get the S/L or just the signed trade. In the end, I decided to go for the trade that because there isn't a stated limitation, and the S/L doesn't come with a slipcase. What makes an S/L different than a signed trade 1st? The limitation, and usually better craftsmanship; often in the form of a slipcase or something of that nature. The only main differences here seem to be the limitation page, as well as a few interior illustrations and a different dust jacket. For a man in my financial standing, that is not worth the extra $50. Just my humble beginners opinion.

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 07:09 AM

I considered strongly whether to get the S/L or just the signed trade. In the end, I decided to go for the trade that because there isn't a stated limitation, and the S/L doesn't come with a slipcase. What makes an S/L different than a signed trade 1st? The limitation, and usually better craftsmanship; often in the form of a slipcase or something of that nature. The only main differences here seem to be the limitation page, as well as a few interior illustrations and a different dust jacket. For a man in my financial standing, that is not worth the extra $50. Just my humble beginners opinion.

There was also this though:
• Featuring other exclusive Bonus Items we cannot yet announce to the general public!

WeDealInLead
05-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Neither. It's not written by King.

That was easy.

Ari_Racing
05-01-2019, 07:11 AM
Ordered the SL.

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 07:20 AM
• Featuring other exclusive Bonus Items we cannot yet announce to the general public!

That was a large part of why I debated so long.

Neither. It's not written by King.

That was easy.

I also collect all things Cemetery Dance, and am a particular fan of Richard Chizmar. Thus the hard choice.

shaq
05-01-2019, 07:22 AM

Literally what i have just requested from cd. Bought out of interest more than anything, we will see how much of Richards influence is in button box now.

BUT if this becomes a series, then.may not continue collecting. We will see.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 07:24 AM

And one of them, if it happens, is REALLY cool, in my opinion. Just waiting to find out if we get the green light on that before we lock in the print run.

The print run of the trade hardcover will be between 50,000 and 100,000 copies. The signed Limited Edition will be a tiny fraction of that for sure. I really wanted to have the answer before today, but I will know soon. :)

The Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather will have a different trim size than the trade hardcover as well, just like the Limited Edition of the first book did. Not sure if I stated that on the page.

For the obvious reasons, this title won't be getting the same Limited Edition treatment as the first book, but it'll still be pretty nice. :)

Brian

Room 217 Caretaker
05-01-2019, 07:24 AM
I ordered the trade and the S/L.

Look forward to the read.

Mulleins

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Ah, but what if Richard is too busy for book three and his co-author from the first book has to tackle the final book alone...? :wink: I mean, if there was going to a trilogy, which I have no idea about. I'm just spitballing here. Having a little fun.

:onfire:

Brian

webstar1000
05-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Ah, but what if Richard is too busy for book three and his co-author from the first book has to tackle the final book alone...? :wink: I mean, if there was going to a trilogy, which I have no idea about. I'm just spitballing here. Having a little fun. :onfire:

Brian

hahah THAT WAS GOLD.

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 07:32 AM
And one of them, if it happens, is REALLY cool, in my opinion. Just waiting to find out if we get the green light on that before we lock in the print run.

The print run of the trade hardcover will be between 50,000 and 100,000 copies. The signed Limited Edition will be a tiny fraction of that for sure. I really wanted to have the answer before today, but I will know soon. :)

The Limited Edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather will have a different trim size than the trade hardcover as well, just like the Limited Edition of the first book did. Not sure if I stated that on the page.

For the obvious reasons, this title won't be getting the same Limited Edition treatment as the first book, but it'll still be pretty nice. :)

Brian

Thanks for the reply, Brian. This response has definitely turned me in the direction of ordering the S/L. I am very intrigued now...

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Ah, but what if Richard is too busy for book three and his co-author from the first book has to tackle the final book alone...? :wink: I mean, if there was going to a trilogy, which I have no idea about. I'm just spitballing here. Having a little fun. :onfire:

Brian

hahah THAT WAS GOLD.

Unless you guys never hear from me again because I got fired... with a flamethrower! :emot-flame:

Brian

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Brian

hahah THAT WAS GOLD.

Unless you guys never hear from me again because I got fired... with a flamethrower! :emot-flame:

Brian

I think any lawyer would be able to demonstrate that in your post you committed to nothing concrete. Sure you surfaced some speculation in your response using the word "trilogy" that didn't appear in the original commenter's post, and you seemed to suggest that it was in the realm of possibility that the King/Chizmar collaboration has grown from the co-authored GBB to include two additional books--one written entirely by Chizmar and one written entirely by King. And certainly your standing as a principal at CD who works closely with Chizmar positions you as an insider and lends any flip comment the weight of legitimacy--especially in a forum crowded with collectors who are anxiously awaiting any news regarding King and are eager to act on all manner of speculation.

But your post wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 07:57 AM

I certainly managed to derail talk of the new book! Oops!

Hey, how about that cover by Ben Baldwin!!

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/CHIZMAR26.jpg

Yep, this book sure is going to look nice next to the first one on my bookshelf... Yeppers...

:smile:

Brian

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 08:00 AM

I certainly managed to derail talk of the new book! Oops!

Hey, how about that cover by Ben Baldwin!!

Yep, this book sure is going to look nice next to the first one on my bookshelf... Yeppers...

:smile:

Brian

Certainly will! I assume since CD is doing the lettered edition, that there will be no Lonely Road production for me to miss out on?

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-01-2019, 08:06 AM
I ordered all three states. I LOVED GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX and...

...thank (the God of your choice) for Paypal credit!

Merlin1958
05-01-2019, 08:08 AM
I ordered all three states. I LOVED GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX and...

...thank (the God of your choice) for Paypal credit!

Yeah, and it's 23.99% interest rate as well!!!! lol lol lol

shaq
05-01-2019, 08:10 AM

Ah, but what if Richard is too busy for book three and his co-author from the first book has to tackle the final book alone...? :wink: I mean, if there was going to a trilogy, which I have no idea about. I'm just spitballing here. Having a little fun.

:onfire:

Brian

Oh you devil!!!

Its castle rock... good chance i would cave in anyway. Lol

Editted to say, no disrespect meant to Richard either, i really enjoyed the collaboration, hence my order to see what he will do next.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Certainly will! I assume since CD is doing the lettered edition, that there will be no Lonely Road production for me to miss out on?

Correct for this one!

LRB is working on The Night Eternal to finish The Strain trilogy this year, and our final book with William Peter Blatty, which I also hope will be this year. For both of them, though, I'd like to wait to "officially" announce them until they're ready for or even at the printer, to cut down on that wait time between payment and shipment. I know folks would appreciate that!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Oh you devil!!!

Its castle rock... good chance i would cave in anyway. Lol

Same here... ha...

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 08:21 AM
I know from reading outside our SK Collecting World that "casual readers" are concerned based on SLEEPING BEAUTIES, GBB, and now GMF that Steve is going to go all James Patterson with dozens of co-authors, ghost writers, and people writing "in his worlds..." but I think those of us who live and breathe the world of Stephen King a little more deeply know that's not true.

Steve could have sold out 30+ years ago and gone that route. He didn't then, he isn't now. He values the words. He values the work. He certainly doesn't need the money. I think we can trust him to protect his worlds.

Just my two cents. I know this topic didn't come up HERE, but I just wanted to say something because you might see it elsewhere. :)

Best,
Brian

Roseannebarr
05-01-2019, 08:51 AM
So my number will be printed on a peacock feather?

Roseannebarr
05-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Of course you do😀

Bev Vincent
05-01-2019, 09:26 AM
So my number will be printed on a peacock feather?

No, the peacock feather will be used to write the number.

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 09:29 AM
I ordered the signed trade and the S/L. The first book was intriguing enough for me to want to know what happens next, and the two editions look different enough to warrant getting both.

It would be nice to know the S/L limitation though, and whether they will be numbered.

And generally, given the choice between a slipcase or foil stamped boards on an S/L, I much prefer a slipcase. But maybe that's just me.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this release.

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 09:37 AM
I ordered the signed trade and the S/L. The first book was intriguing enough for me to want to know what happens next, and the two editions look different enough to warrant getting both.

It would be nice to know the S/L limitation though, and whether they will be numbered.

And generally, given the choice between a slipcase or foil stamped boards on an S/L, I much prefer a slipcase. But maybe that's just me.

Foil stamped boards a certainly nice... but are usually covered by a dust jacket. Either way, I caved and went for the S/L. But man I'm a sucker for a slipcase. It just oooozes classssss.

Munnecom
05-01-2019, 09:37 AM
In the meantime, is there any word on Sleeping Beauties? The promised release window of late April has come and gone...

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 09:39 AM
In the meantime, is there any word on Sleeping Beauties? The promised release window of late April has come and gone...

All 24 pallets are loaded up at the printer, and UPS Freight is scheduled to pick them up later this week. Dan has made room in our warehouse and our overflow warehouse next door. Mindy is preparing lots and lots of orders, putting in a TON of change of addresses... We're just about ready to rock n roll! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 09:46 AM

All 24 pallets are loaded up at the printer, and UPS Freight is scheduled to pick them up later this week. Dan has made room in our warehouse and our overflow warehouse next door. Mindy is preparing lots and lots of orders, putting in a TON of change of addresses... We're just about ready to rock n roll! :)

Brian

It was easy to write and post that update because I was literally writing an update for us to email the customers who ordered directly from us! That'll be sent out shortly. :)

In that email will be your MAILING ADDRESS that is going to be on the shipping label. Please check it! :) If it is not correct, please reply to the email ASAP with the correct address.

If anyone here ordered directly from us and doesn't get those update emails, PLEASE make sure you send us a Change of Address email ASAP if you have moved since you ordered. Changing your address on the website doesn't change it in our offline order management system. Please email Mindy at ORDER@CEMETERYDANCE.COM if you need any help.

Thank you!

Brian

Munnecom
05-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Good to hear! Thanks, Brian!

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Foil stamped boards a certainly nice... but are usually covered by a dust jacket. Either way, I caved and went for the S/L. But man I'm a sucker for a slipcase. It just oooozes classssss.

Agreed. This is more or less exactly my thinking too.

Although I will say that the foil stamped boards on the trade edition of Cardinal Black look VERY nice. CD did a really nice job there.

HBJ

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 09:50 AM

Limitation and numbering will be updated as soon as I hear back about whether we can include a particular special feature, although that special feature might need to remain a secret until later. :) I wanted to have the limitation info posted for today, but the announcement date was set in stone and that yes/no didn't get back in time.

As to the slipcase... who knows, perhaps I'll still talk Richard into it! This wouldn't be the first time I said: "Budget? What budget? Think of how NICE it'll look!" ;) No promised or guarantees, but I'm going to try... because I always try...

Brian

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 09:54 AM

Limitation and numbering will be updated as soon as I hear back about whether we can include a particular special feature, although that special feature might need to remain a secret until later. :) I wanted to have the limitation info posted for today, but the announcement date was set in stone and that yes/no didn't get back in time.

As to the slipcase... who knows, perhaps I'll still talk Richard into it! This wouldn't be the first time I said: "Budget? What budget? Think of how NICE it'll look!" ;) No promised or guarantees, but I'm going to try... because I always try...

Brian

Slipcase! I'm stupid for slipcases. Though it's not like the slipcase was a deciding factor. I bought it regardless.

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 09:55 AM

Brian

I'm sure that if you personally show him these posts, practically BEGGING for a slipcase, he'll come around! Slipcases are how you know it's fancy, after all.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Well, you all helped me wear him down... If you look at the page now, a slipcase has been added to the Limited Edition. :coo3l:

You might need to reload the page if you've been there today, but it's official -- added to the special features under the Limited Edition and added to the attribute at the top where you order... and most importantly, added to my To Do list for the production spec sheets.

These production discussions really are a lot easier when I can say, "It's your book, I just want it to look awesome for the collectors." :biggrin:

Brian

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Well, you all helped me wear him down... If you look at the page now, a slipcase has been added to the Limited Edition. :coo3l:

You might need to reload the page if you've been there today, but it's official -- added to the special features under the Limited Edition and added to the attribute at the top where you order... and most importantly, added to my To Do list for the production spec sheets.

These production discussions really are a lot easier when I can say, "It's your book, I just want it to look awesome for the collectors." :biggrin:

Brian

Now THATS what I call customer service!

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Brian

WOW! That's so fantastic!

The Library Policeman
05-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Ordered the trade and the S/L. Looking forward to them.

sentinel
05-01-2019, 10:37 AM

Brian

Great! Now how about a slipcase for the trade to match GBB? For an extra cost of course!

DanHocker
05-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Brian

Great! Now how about a slipcase for the trade to match GBB? For an extra cost of course!

We actually completely forgot we did one. So we'll probably be doing one for this one, just sold a little bit down the line as we'll need to figure out the details first.

webstar1000
05-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Brian you know I had a dream that you and Richard got King to sign Pet Semetary? Yep. I did. Can you makes dreams come true?

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 10:56 AM
Brian you know I had a dream that you and Richard got King to sign Pet Semetary? Yep. I did. Can you makes dreams come true?

I heard that Brian can make dreams come true. King signed Pet Semetary confirmed!!

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 10:58 AM

I heard that Brian can make dreams come true. King signed Pet Semetary confirmed!!

Yes. I got the email just now. I love that for a reasonable shipping fee, King has agreed to sign every edition of CD's Doubleday Years that is sent home to Baltimore.

willybusmc
05-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Yes. I got the email just now. I love that for a reasonable shipping fee, King has agreed to sign every edition of CD's Doubleday Years that is sent home to Baltimore.

I heard it on the internet. It HAS to be true.

jsmcmullen92
05-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Of course you do😀

Well I ended up ordering the S/L but Mindy just sent back that numbers are not guaranteed because they don't know if this one will be 1. numbered and 2. if that number is owned by someone from CD because GBB was LRB not CD. So if Brian in even a little right on the Trilogy I sure hope the number them and choose somewhat close the the same number so we don't have a Grant DT fiasco trying to get a book when the numbers are all different.

jon10g
05-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Will Hodder do a UK version like GBB?

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 11:25 AM

Or will SST?

Roseannebarr
05-01-2019, 11:28 AM
I did not receive and email saying that I ordered a book. now I want to know whats shipping!! apparently something really good that I did not order. :(

Oops! Sorry if you just received an email from us saying you ordered a book you didn’t order from us, we accidentally selected the wrong customer list!
That said, if your address was incorrect, please do feel free to send us your change of address! :)
Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!
Cemetery Dance Publications
132-B Industry Lane, Unit #7
Forest Hill, MD 21050
410-588-5901 [phone]
410-588-5904 [fax]

Roseannebarr
05-01-2019, 11:30 AM

Of course you do😀

Well I ended up ordering the S/L but Mindy just sent back that numbers are not guaranteed because they don't know if this one will be 1. numbered and 2. if that number is owned by someone from CD because GBB was LRB not CD. So if Brian in even a little right on the Trilogy I sure hope the number them and choose somewhat close the the same number so we don't have a Grant DT fiasco trying to get a book when the numbers are all different.

Should we send Mindy our Number request?? of course a S/L should have 1. Slipcase. 2. Number. 3. Numbered Feather. I hate Signed Limiteds without a number isn't that just a signed book? :excited:

jsmcmullen92
05-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Of course you do[emoji3]

Should we send Mindy our Number request?? of course a S/L should have 1. Slipcase. 2. Number. 3. Numbered Feather. I hate Signed Limiteds without a number isn't that just a signed book? :excited:I sent mine in and the order was updated with request just not guaranteed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 11:42 AM
I did not receive and email saying that I ordered a book. now I want to know whats shipping!! apparently something really good that I did not order. :(

We accidentally emailed the new SLEEPING BEAUTIES update to the wrong group of SK customers. Caught some of the emails before they went out, but that meant the follow-up email went to people who didn't get the first email. D'oh.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Sales to many other markets are still pending... nothing can be announced yet, though. Agents and publishers are doing their thing!

Brian

jon10g
05-01-2019, 12:20 PM

Sales to many other markets are still pending... nothing can be announced yet, though. Agents and publishers are doing their thing!

Brian

Thanks

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Lettered Edition sold out.

Limited Edition will be numbered.

More news coming on a very cool special bonus feature for the signed editions, but I don't think I'll be able to share specific details until later this summer because we want to be 100% sure and not disappoint if for some reason the bonus doesn't come together, etc.

Brian

shaq
05-01-2019, 12:57 PM

More news coming on a very cool special bonus feature for the signed editions, but I don't think I'll be able to share specific details until later this summer because we want to be 100% sure and not disappoint if for some reason the bonus doesn't come together, etc.

Brian

Excellent. I think I came across a little negative earlier, which I apologise if so, I am really stoked to be getting one of these.

Very cool, book

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Excellent. I think I came across a little negative earlier, which I apologise if so, I am really stoked to be getting one of these.

Nope, not at all!

Now, that fellow in the foreground of your avatar pic... he seems a little negative!

Brian

The Library Policeman
05-01-2019, 01:04 PM

Brian

Sounds great. Thanks for the info, Brian.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 01:13 PM
STRANGE WEATHER update:

The interiors of all four volumes are designed and being proofread now, but that process is basically done.

The signature sheets are being printed now (we needed the artwork for the sheets to finish them) and the sheets will be circulating among the author and the artists as soon as possible. The timing will vary based on their schedules. Once we have a better idea of when each artist will be done signing their sheets, we'll be able to figure out when this is going to the printer.

Thank you for your patience!

Randall Flagg
05-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Will all of you weirdos please stop with the matching numbers stuff.

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Brian

Brian, that's simply amazing. Thank you so much!

HBJ

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 02:53 PM

Brian

We actually completely forgot we did one. So we'll probably be doing one for this one, just sold a little bit down the line as we'll need to figure out the details first.

The GBB slipcase was very nice indeed. One available to buy for the trade edition of this volume would be sweet.

HBJ

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 02:58 PM
New update on the CD site for GMF: S/L will be limited to 750, will be signed and numbered, and will be slipcased.

This sounds like a really cool release. Cannot wait.

HBJ

The Library Policeman
05-01-2019, 03:22 PM

I’m with you brother I don’t bother with all that either.

shaq
05-01-2019, 03:54 PM

Just 74 versions of each book instead.. Just joshing, everyone has their own diff collecting traits, not sure what mine is yet, as not consistent regarding numbers or getting all firsts yet. But I have asked to match gwendys, just seemed right.

My reply from Mindy was that I may get my matching number if it isn’t a reserved number from a cd regular.

kingfan2323
05-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Ordered S/L! Loved GBB and this looks like it may be a beautiful book.

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Ordered S/L! Loved GBB and this looks like it may be a beautiful book.

Thank you!

The Library Policeman
05-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Just 74 versions of each book instead...

Now that I am guilty of :lol:

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 07:23 PM
I know a couple of you expressed concern about the status of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so I stayed late today and got to work on the promo photos of the Gift Edition and Limited Edition for the website using the final approval copies of the books.

I still have a lot of work to do, but here are some samples of my progress so far... These are *not* finished, but they're getting there... Mostly the Limited Edition so far. I'll work on the Gift Edition shots tomorrow if the office quiets down a bit.

That said, I might retake some of these... they really don't do the Limited Edition book and traycase justice... hmmmmm.... Well, I'll post them anyway for now.

For these first two images, they go:

Lettered / Limited / Gift

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto02.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto04.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto05.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto06.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto07.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto08.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto09.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SleepingBeauties/SBtestphoto10.jpg

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Look great, Brian! That traycase is just fantastic.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Will all of you weirdos please stop.

:idea:

shaq
05-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Just 74 versions of each book instead...

Now that I am guilty of :lol:

:thumbsup:

shaq
05-02-2019, 12:17 AM
I may need to get on a plane and collect my book now.

Looks amazing. Wow

peripheral
05-02-2019, 02:44 AM
They look bloody beautiful..!

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-02-2019, 04:50 AM
Those look phenomenal:thumbsup:

Garrell
05-02-2019, 05:07 AM
Looks awesome. Just ordered S/L GMF. Looks like it will be a fun book

The Library Policeman
05-02-2019, 05:21 AM
Yeah I’m excited to get my sweaty Scottish paws on one of those!

jeffingoff
05-02-2019, 06:46 AM
Holy sh!t those are gorgeous! And I think the AE is the best of the bunch. I probably wouldn't say that if there were more pics of the lettered, but I love the AE DJ and that traycase!!!! Wow, I'll have to dress up for this unboxing.

St. Troy
05-02-2019, 07:06 AM
The moth-design cover is outrageous. Really nice work.

zelig
05-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Nice! Dig the clamshell design.

lotuz
05-02-2019, 08:18 AM

Of all the collecting "quirks" that I have, this is the one that I wish I could drop, but I can't seem to :cry::cry:

I want all my numbers to match, in as many cases as possible. I wish it didn't irk me when the numbers don't match, but it does

Ricky
05-02-2019, 08:38 AM
That limited is beautiful, Brian. I wish I had liked the book better to warrant buying one. But the design is top-notch. Nice work, CD.

Hunchback Jack
05-02-2019, 08:52 AM
I don't need numbers to match - I won't replace an unmatching series with a matching one, or pay a premium for a matched set, for example - but if a publisher offers to match numbers in a series, I will take them up on it.

HBJ