PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Brian861
10-05-2017, 10:22 PM
I ordered 2 at 2 different times (this time on purpose!)

This cracked me up :rofl:

firemonkey66
10-06-2017, 12:53 AM
I know that the order page for the sleeping beauties art portfolio is still active, but do you have an approximate figure for how many are going to be produced?

Another question, if I ordered a numbered S/L and an art portfolio, do I need to actually request that they be matching numbers or will that be an automatic thing?

Thanks!

I would say technically no, but you should anyways as it'll be a "safety net" so to speak. I'll be trying to match anyone who bought both, but it always helps when someone has made a request and we can mark it on the order.

Edit: I can't really speak to the print run on the portfolio, that's more of a Brian question.

Thanks, Dan. I’ll send an email to be on the safe side:)

DanHocker
10-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Dan and/or Brian - are you guys still shipping Hearts In Suspension slipcases? I ordered 2 at 2 different times (this time on purpose!), but only one has come thus far. Thanks!

We finished shipping all of the preorders last week. We sent notes about there being more for sale sometime after that. I think I've shipped all of those as well. Send me your account email or order numbers and I can look into it.

DanHocker
10-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Dan and/or Brian - are you guys still shipping Hearts In Suspension slipcases? I ordered 2 at 2 different times (this time on purpose!), but only one has come thus far. Thanks!

We finished shipping all of the preorders last week. We sent notes about there being more for sale sometime after that. I think I've shipped all of those as well. Send me your account email or order numbers and I can look into it.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-06-2017, 10:51 AM
I ordered slipcases for SUSPENSION and CHARLIE way after the fact and they are already on the way! I did forget to order one for END OF WATCH though...sigh.

St. Troy
10-07-2017, 09:39 PM
I randomly checked in on the CD site, and it appears that Night Shift is still available. I’d thought we’d heard that it was gone or just about gone - no?

Just curious (I’ve ordered mine and eagerly await the next updates).

The Library Policeman
10-11-2017, 04:01 AM
Brian, will I be able to order an extra Gwendy’s slipcase when they are released, do you know?

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2017, 07:28 AM
Brian, will I be able to order an extra Gwendy’s slipcase when they are released, do you know?

Yep. I had some extras made since folks were asking for them for the Nocturnal Readers Box DJed version.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2017, 07:28 AM
I randomly checked in on the CD site, and it appears that Night Shift is still available. I’d thought we’d heard that it was gone or just about gone - no?

Just curious (I’ve ordered mine and eagerly await the next updates).

About 100 copies left for reservation, I believe! So... ALMOST there... :)

St. Troy
10-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Thanks

The Library Policeman
10-11-2017, 08:39 AM

Yep. I had some extras made since folks were asking for them for the Nocturnal Readers Box DJed version.

Brian

Great. Thanks Brian.

becca69
10-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Just a CD forum question: Does anyone have issues trying to connect to the forum? I've never been able to register or sign in with Facebook. It's always given me a "Too many redirects occurred trying to open" error.

MLG
10-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Just a CD forum question: Does anyone have issues trying to connect to the forum? I've never been able to register or sign in with Facebook. It's always given me a "Too many redirects occurred trying to open" error.

I have not had an issue. I have been on that site since launch though.

Brian861
10-11-2017, 10:29 AM

No problems here either. Although, I don't go through Facebook.

becca69
10-11-2017, 10:31 AM

I only tried to go thru Facebook because I've never been able to register. I've tried many times before but just give up. Never got around to asking about it here.

Brian861
10-11-2017, 10:33 AM

I only tried to go thru Facebook because I've never been able to register. I've tried many times before but just give up. Never got around to asking about it here.

:orely: Odd. Hopefully Dan or Brian will chime in and help ya out.

jsweet
10-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Any plans for CD to produce a "Strange Weather" slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Any plans for CD to produce a "Strange Weather" slipcase?

That might look nice next to our slipcase for THE FIREMAN, eh? Let me check and see if this has been discussed.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Hopefully Dan can help! I tried spritzing the server with a Super Soaker full of holy water once and then I was asked not to help with the computer stuff anymore. :(

Brian

Brian861
10-11-2017, 11:45 AM
:lol: CD and holy water kinda don't mix I'm thinking :evil:

somekindofstranger
10-11-2017, 12:53 PM

I get the same problem..

T-Dogz_AK47
10-11-2017, 01:01 PM

I get the same problem..

Try removing Facebook from the equation and just register/sign in direct on the CD site.... It works fine that way. :thumbsup:

jhanic
10-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Here's the link:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/forum.php

John

becca69
10-11-2017, 02:29 PM

I get the same problem..

Try removing Facebook from the equation and just register/sign in direct on the CD site.... It works fine that way. :thumbsup:

Nope, that's why I resorted to trying Facebook log in.

becca69
10-11-2017, 02:32 PM
This is what always happens. It's been happening for years but I've never posted about it.

https://s20.postimg.cc/hor7lsful/Screen_Shot_2017-10-11_at_6.30.23_PM.png (https://postimg.cc/image/7eosmjpyx/)

stroppygoblin
10-11-2017, 02:37 PM
This is what always happens. It's been happening for years but I've never posted about it.

try this:

1. Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.
2. Click the Privacy icon to view Privacy settings.
3. Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.
4. Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.
5. Click the Remove button.
6. Close the Safari Preferences window.

Randall Flagg
10-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Or use another browser.

Looks like there is a becca69 already registered. If that's you, then you need to log in, or click on the forgot password link.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Are there any slipcases left for END OF WATCH? I missed that one somehow.

DanHocker
10-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Are there any slipcases left for END OF WATCH? I missed that one somehow.

I'm pretty sure we just sold the last two.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Dang, missed it by that much!

becca69
10-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Or use another browser.

Looks like there is a becca69 already registered. If that's you, then you need to log in, or click on the forgot password link.

I thought I had registered a very long time ago but when I tried to log in, it said I wasn't registered and then it's been redirecting. It's really annoying.

becca69
10-12-2017, 10:42 AM

try this:

3. Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.

I tried and it didn't work :(

DanHocker
10-12-2017, 10:47 AM

try this:

I tried and it didn't work :(

Sorry I'm only just now seeing this. Shoot me an email and I'll manually create an account for you. We can skip the registration process completely. I have no idea why it's doing that for you. I really wish there was a better alternative to our forum software. I've never been happy with vBulletin.

becca69
10-12-2017, 10:52 AM
This is what I see on Firefox:

https://s20.postimg.cc/eyrizgev1/Screen_Shot_2017-10-12_at_2.48.04_PM.png (https://postimg.cc/image/7is9dnr5l/)

jhanic
10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
I use Firefox and have never had that problem. My gut feel is that it has something to do with your security settings.

John

Randall Flagg
10-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Try Chrome.

becca69
10-12-2017, 01:11 PM
I use Firefox and have never had that problem. My gut feel is that it has something to do with your security settings.

John

I usually use Safari. Security has Enable JavaScript and allow Plug-ins and that's it. Safari gives a too many re-routes error and Firefox did the same until I added https:// and then it gave the security error.

Brian James Freeman
10-12-2017, 06:32 PM
I've forwarded both of your screenshots to our website hosting company. They're usually pretty good at figuring out what's up. Will let you know what we hear back!

Brian

The Library Policeman
10-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Win SIGNED Stephen King books:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/gwendys/?mc_cid=ca89facc40&mc_eid=918f16a72d

Lurker
10-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Do any of the slipcases for sale fit the old CD Magazines? I have the new slipcase but it's too small for the old ones.

Beverly Marsh
10-19-2017, 04:00 AM
The further I get into Sleeping Beauties the more I appreciate Jana's artwork. I've really liked the work from the beginning but it's great to be able to connect the book to the art. Aha! NOW I understand where the animals fit in :excited:

Beverly Marsh
10-19-2017, 04:06 AM
Are there any updates on Six Scary Stories? I haven't gotten mine yet but I think I ordered a slipcase with it so could that be causing a hold up?

P.S. I know we all like to extol the virtues of CD's customer service as it's well deserved and I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't think it can be said enough. I was recently helped out with something and I VERY much appreciate it! I don't know if we can call CD a "small business" anymore but the values are certainly still there.

stroppygoblin
10-19-2017, 04:23 AM
Are there any updates on Six Scary Stories? I haven't gotten mine yet but I think I ordered a slipcase with it so could that be causing a hold up?

P.S. I know we all like to extol the virtues of CD's customer service as it's well deserved and I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't think it can be said enough. I was recently helped out with something and I VERY much appreciate it! I don't know if we can call CD a "small business" anymore but the values are certainly still there.

+ 1
I think the debacle we had with the H & S Sleeping Beauty S/L (and previous limited edition books) shows that large publishers/book sellers should never be given the rights to distribute a limited King book. Smaller presses like CD and PS are much more deserving of the revenue and really know what a collectible means to their clientele.

DanHocker
10-19-2017, 06:04 AM
Do any of the slipcases for sale fit the old CD Magazines? I have the new slipcase but it's too small for the old ones.

You must've gotten one from the first batch of the magazine slipcases. The current one on the site fits them all of the magazines.

DanHocker
10-19-2017, 06:07 AM

Yep that's the hold up. That said we're shipping Gwendy slipcases now, but Six Scary Stories slipcases will be after that. So maybe another week or so, there are a lot of Gwendy cases to ship.

Brian James Freeman
10-19-2017, 07:22 AM

Yeah, Six Scary Stories is the last SK book (I think) that we had the book and slipcase set to ship together in the order management system, and I believe the slipcases finally arrived and Dan is hoping to ship them later next week!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
10-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Thanks fellas! No rush, I just didn't want to forget about it. There's an amazing amount of CD's emails that I have for pre orders :thumbsup:

WeDealInLead
10-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Update on slipcased Turn Down the Lights? I had forgotten I ordered it until I saw a PayPal invoice when I was organizing my inbox.

Roseannebarr
10-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Update on slipcased Turn Down the Lights? I had forgotten I ordered it until I saw a PayPal invoice when I was organizing my inbox.

I found this on their production updates. i forgot about too!

Turn Down the Lights edited by Richard Chizmar:
We're preparing everything for the printer now and this book will be sent to the printer by the end of 2017 for a 2018 publication date.

Brian James Freeman
11-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Glenn Chadbourne and I have a new book coming out next year called THE ZOMBIE WHO CRIED HUMAN and it's a different kind of children's book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/FREEMAN16.jpg

You can read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/the-zombie-who-cried-human.html

Also, Entertainment Weekly posted an exclusive preview on their website:

http://ew.com/books/the-zombie-who-cried-human-sneak-peek/

Brian

webstar1000
11-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I think that is awesome man. I wanna buy a couple copies for my niece and nephew, is it ok for them or is it more adult Brian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian James Freeman
11-02-2017, 04:25 PM
I think that is awesome man. I wanna buy a couple copies for my niece and nephew, is it ok for them or is it more adult Brian

It's like the Berenstain Bears meets Aesop's fables in a world that just happens to be populated by zombies. Only they're not gross zombies or terrifying zombies; they're just normal people who happen to be zombies. :)

The story itself is a pretty straightforward telling of the boy who cried wolf. If you have any concerns about the artwork being too much (every kid is different, of course), this panel on the EW website shows you the "worst" of the zombies:

http://ew.com/books/the-zombie-who-cried-human-sneak-peek/the-zombie-who-cried-humna-by-brian-james-freeman-and-glenn-chadbourne-4

Hope that helps!

Brian

webstar1000
11-02-2017, 04:27 PM
I think that is awesome man. I wanna buy a couple copies for my niece and nephew, is it ok for them or is it more adult Brian

It's like the Berenstain Bears meets Aesop's fables in a world that just happens to be populated by zombies. Only they're not gross zombies or terrifying zombies; they're just normal people who happen to be zombies. [emoji4]

The story itself is a pretty straightforward telling of the boy who cried wolf. If you have any concerns about the artwork being too much (every kid is different, of course), this panel on the EW website shows you the "worst" of the zombies:

http://ew.com/books/the-zombie-who-cried-human-sneak-peek/the-zombie-who-cried-humna-by-brian-james-freeman-and-glenn-chadbourne-4

Hope that helps!

Brian

Yeah I’m getting those... in time for Xmas?

MLG
11-02-2017, 04:43 PM

It's like the Berenstain Bears meets Aesop's fables in a world that just happens to be populated by zombies. Only they're not gross zombies or terrifying zombies; they're just normal people who happen to be zombies. [emoji4]

Hope that helps!

Brian

CD's Website states April 2018

Brian861
11-03-2017, 06:45 AM

Hope that helps!

Brian

I'm grabbing a trade for the grandson and the limited for myself :)

dnemec
11-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Hey Dan,

Any idea where Sub Press' the Best of Subterranean is in the shipping queue? Thanks!

DanHocker
11-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Hey Dan,

Any idea where Sub Press' the Best of Subterranean is in the shipping queue? Thanks!

No idea. We haven't received our copies yet.

dnemec
11-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Hey Dan,

No idea. We haven't received our copies yet.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the info, though!

amd013
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Hi Brian,

Any updates on the Shining Lettered edition?

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
11-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

I believe I saw those being prepped in the warehouse yesterday.

Brian

stroppygoblin
11-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Brian, have the Gwendy's slipcases gone out to PS Publishing yet?

amd013
11-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Brian

two words come to mind:

WOO

and

HOO!

:excited:

Just hope it doesn't arrive when I am out of town for Thanksgiving.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian861
11-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Have the winners been notified in the Gwendy's TPB signed contest? Thanks!

Roseannebarr
11-07-2017, 09:31 PM
List is posted on their site. I got my email today from Brian.

Brian861
11-08-2017, 04:16 AM

Thanks, Glenn. No email for me :cry:

cit74
11-08-2017, 06:07 AM

I got an email yesterday too - alas it was not one of the ones signed by King - but still cool to get another copy of Gwendy - with the holidays coming soon

DanHocker
11-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Brian

Pretty much all shipped.

Edit: We also shipped the Gone Girl Lettered editions for those who where asking about those.

DanHocker
11-08-2017, 02:19 PM

Yep a little while ago. So did the slipcased Six Scary Stories. Transit times can be kinda long though.

stroppygoblin
11-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Yep a little while ago. So did the slipcased Six Scary Stories. Transit times can be kinda long though.

Thanks Dan!

amd013
11-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Brian

Pretty much all shipped.

Edit: We also shipped the Gone Girl Lettered editions for those who where asking about those.

Yep, a few minutes after asking saw an email from the post office that a package from you was on the way. And just a few minutes ago got a shipping confirmation. Looks like it will be delivered tomorrow.

May have to call someone to pickup up from from my porch while I am at work. (although the postman should be able to hide it from the street behind a pillar).

Mike

Hunchback Jack
11-08-2017, 10:57 PM
It's like the Berenstain Bears meets Aesop's fables in a world that just happens to be populated by zombies.

Shouldn't that be "Berenstein"? ;)

HBJ

Brian James Freeman
11-09-2017, 04:48 AM
It's like the Berenstain Bears meets Aesop's fables in a world that just happens to be populated by zombies.

HBJ

Not on my level of the tower! ;)

dnemec
11-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Someone please remind me - to get a matched number, I just have to email Mindy...correct?

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Someone please remind me - to get a matched number, I just have to email Mindy...correct?

Yep! I knew I was forgetting something in that note, doh!

dnemec
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Yep! I knew I was forgetting something in that note, doh!

Thought so. Thanks, Brian!

Anubis2347
11-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Any word on the S/L City of Mirrors?

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Hopefully going to the printer early next year if all goes well!

Cook
11-10-2017, 05:37 PM

If all goes well ? Wow, this is really disappointing.
What happened to end of year 2017 ??

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Gwendy’s Button Box pretty much blew up the year. Lots of stuff had to wait while we dealt with it. I’m sure no one here has any idea what an undertaking that book was, but it was chaos for the staff. Please feel free to cancel your order if you’re tired of waiting. Thanks for the support!

Brian

Randall Flagg
11-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Delayed?
Stuff happens in small, medium press houses.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-10-2017, 07:27 PM
I'm still happily waiting for my lettered SCREAM PLAYS and my lettered THE TWELVE and my lettered THE FALL and...

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm still happily waiting for my lettered SCREAM PLAYS and my lettered THE TWELVE and my lettered THE FALL and...

One should be shipping by next month, another in early 2018, and the other by spring, but I'll keep it a secret which one is which. ;)

Brian

dnemec
11-10-2017, 08:54 PM
I try not to worry about what comes when. I just order (and order and order) and know that eventually, it will arrive at my door!

Brian861
11-11-2017, 07:16 AM
I try not to worry about what comes when. I just order (and order and order) and know that eventually, it will arrive at my door!

Agreed! Like when Six Scary Stories showed up on my doorstep the other day. It's pretty much a given that when a S/L is announced, it'll be a year or more before it ships. This practice doesn't bode well for the inpatient but it's no secret either. I image a lot of preorders will out live us :lol:

andyg75
11-11-2017, 07:44 AM
The delays are well worth it for the quality of product that is received.

Always well worth the wait, and always amazing. Keep up the good work down there in little old CD land 👍👍👍

Joe315
11-11-2017, 07:59 AM

HBJ

https://news.avclub.com/how-you-spell-the-berenstain-bears-could-be-proof-of-1798282836

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2017, 09:14 AM

HBJ

https://news.avclub.com/how-you-spell-the-berenstain-bears-could-be-proof-of-1798282836

I swear, even since that became "a thing" on the Internet, I can NEVER remember the correct spelling... I always have to check and I sometimes get it wrong and then I wonder if I've been doing it wrong all along!

Brian

Brian861
11-11-2017, 09:22 AM

HBJ

I swear, even since that became "a thing" on the Internet, I can NEVER remember the correct spelling... I always have to check and I sometimes get it wrong and then I wonder if I've been doing it wrong all along!

Brian

Perhaps you are just from said parallel universe :orely:

Joe315
11-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I was always sure it was spelled with an E.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-11-2017, 12:58 PM
If you're in Germany, it's the Beerstein Beers.

Mulleins

Brian861
11-11-2017, 01:00 PM
If you're in Germany, it's the Beerstein Beers.

Mulleins

:rofl:

St. Troy
11-11-2017, 07:07 PM

No deadlines, only headlines.

Cook
11-12-2017, 06:26 AM

Gwendy’s Button Box pretty much blew up the year. Lots of stuff had to wait while we dealt with it. I’m sure no one here has any idea what an undertaking that book was, but it was chaos for the staff. Please feel free to cancel your order if you’re tired of waiting. Thanks for the support!

Brian

The blanket statement just caught me off guard, really thought City of Mirrors would be here by Christmas.
I will obviously survive another year without it, no harm no foul.
Thanks for responding Brian.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-12-2017, 06:54 AM
I like Cemetery Dance. They keep my life interesting.

DanHocker
11-13-2017, 07:03 AM

One should be shipping by next month, another in early 2018, and the other by spring, but I'll keep it a secret which one is which. ;)

Brian

The Fall lettered edition is shipping either the end of this week or early next week. It's not mentioned here, but the Vampyricon lettered edition will be shipping this week.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-13-2017, 11:51 AM
Yay!

Ari_Racing
11-14-2017, 09:33 AM
So, Brian, can you give us a hint on what to expect from CD for 2018? Any surprises that you could just leak? :D

stroppygoblin
11-14-2017, 10:08 AM
So, Brian, can you give us a hint on what to expect from CD for 2018? Any surprises that you could just leak? :D

You mean you don't know about [Edited by TDT.org administration at the request of Cemetery Dance] I'm amazed!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Ari_Racing
11-14-2017, 10:09 AM

You mean you don't know about [Edited by TDT.org administration at the request of Cemetery Dance] I'm amazed!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

:D :D :D I didn't! I arrived late to the party..once again :P

webstar1000
11-14-2017, 10:29 AM
I really am hoping for a surprise S/L from CD. Outsiders would be FANTASTIC but if I could have my dream pic? It would be a signed Pet Semetary announcement to cap off the Doubleday set! Cause your most likely going to get the next two in 2018... and the last in 2019. That would be FANTASTIC!!!

herbertwest
11-15-2017, 01:22 AM
If PET SEMATARY was to be done, let's remember that Sir_Booome have some very interesting files...

Randall Flagg
11-15-2017, 05:36 AM
I really am hoping for a surprise S/L from CD. Outsiders would be FANTASTIC but if I could have my dream pic? It would be a signed Pet Semetary announcement to cap off the Doubleday set! Cause your most likely going to get the next two in 2018... and the last in 2019. That would be FANTASTIC!!!
If you want a King signed book, The Outsiders is a better bet for King to sign, than Pet Sematary.

The Library Policeman
11-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Dan, do you guys happen to have a spare Full Dark, No Stars trade edition slipcase kicking around anywhere? I am in desperate need of one! Thanks.

DanHocker
11-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Dan, do you guys happen to have a spare Full Dark, No Stars trade edition slipcase kicking around anywhere? I am in desperate need of one! Thanks.

Unfortunately that's not one I have extras of. Sorry!

The Library Policeman
11-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Unfortunately that's not one I have extras of. Sorry!

Oh well thanks for the quick response, Dan!

Br!an
11-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Hey Dan, how about a The Shining artist edition traycase?

DanHocker
11-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Hey Dan, how about a The Shining artist edition traycase?

I don't think we're selling those. Obviously if yours is damaged just send Mindy an email, but I don't think there's enough extra to sell them.

Randall Flagg
11-16-2017, 02:37 PM
I think members should PM Dan with these types of questions /requests.
He might have one available, but as soon as he says yes, several people might want one.

Beverly Marsh
11-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Silly-ish question here.
I'm thinking of cancelling an order I have with CD(just one book out of many ordered). Has anyone else cancelled an order and if so, is it a refund or CD credit?
I feel a little guilty doing so but it's that time of year and it's not a book that I NEED. I don't want the CD gang to string me up if I have to do this. :scared:

andyg75
11-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Which book is it? I wonder if you might be able to transfer the order to a member here if it’s one they may have missed out on... just a thought

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Silly-ish question here.
I'm thinking of cancelling an order I have with CD(just one book out of many ordered). Has anyone else cancelled an order and if so, is it a refund or CD credit?
I feel a little guilty doing so but it's that time of year and it's not a book that I NEED. I don't want the CD gang to string me up if I have to do this. :scared:

Refund via the payment method OR store credit, it's really your pick!

Brian

Brian861
11-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Silly-ish question here.

Cancelled a ton of orders when I got laid off. Never an issue. It did curtail me from ordering everything that came down the pike and focus on what I really wanted.

Beverly Marsh
11-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Which book is it? I wonder if you might be able to transfer the order to a member here if it’s one they may have missed out on... just a thought

The Blatty Lost Scripts. NOT any of my King orders! Lol.
If anyone is indeed interested in a transfer let me know.

Beverly Marsh
11-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Silly-ish question here.

Refund via the payment method OR store credit, it's really your pick!

Brian
I haven't decided whether or not to cancel yet but may have too....
Thanks for the info Brian.

Beverly Marsh
11-21-2017, 01:42 PM
Silly-ish question here.

Cancelled a ton of orders when I got laid off. Never an issue. It did curtail me from ordering everything that came down the pike and focus on what I really wanted.
Amen Brian. That's what I need to start focusing on as well. I have The Exorcist/Legion S/L and the Blatty Scripts would be a good companion piece for that but it's not a MUST as some others things are :smile_002:
Thank you for your input. You always help me out :)

MLG
11-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Silly-ish question here.

I have cancelled a few orders with CD and they have always been treated with a quick from Mindy with a refund to the method paid.

lotuz
11-21-2017, 08:27 PM

I don't have enough posts to look at your profile or PM you but I would be interested in a transfer! I missed out on the earlier LRB titles and I'm trying to catch up. I didn't even realize this one hadn't yet been released...

Randall Flagg
11-22-2017, 03:41 AM
When you have 5 posts you will be able to PM, etc. Welcome to the board.

Beverly Marsh
11-22-2017, 05:02 AM

I don't have enough posts to look at your profile or PM you but I would be interested in a transfer! I missed out on the earlier LRB titles and I'm trying to catch up. I didn't even realize this one hadn't yet been released...

Hi,
I can't send you a PM but if you're interested maybe Brian can point us in the right direction? It might be after the Turkey day holiday but we should be able to work this out somehow.

Brian861
11-22-2017, 07:19 AM
Silly-ish question here.

Amen Brian. That's what I need to start focusing on as well. I have The Exorcist/Legion S/L and the Blatty Scripts would be a good companion piece for that but it's not a MUST as some others things are :smile_002:
Thank you for your input. You always help me out :)

Most welcome :)

lotuz
11-22-2017, 07:47 AM
When you have 5 posts you will be able to PM, etc. Welcome to the board.

Thank you! I have been lurking for awhile and finally couldn't resist the urge to join the conversation!

I have made probably a half dozen other posts but they are awaiting moderation. Will they be posted automatically once I hit five posts (which I think is this post)?

EDIT: It appears so, or that they were already accepted, since my post count just jumped up :)

EDIT2: However, it still appears that I can't access my profile or send/receive PMs...

Br!an
11-22-2017, 11:54 AM

Hi,
I can't send you a PM but if you're interested maybe Brian can point us in the right direction? It might be after the Turkey day holiday but we should be able to work this out somehow.

Brian has always pointed you in the right direction. It's not my fault if you're going in circles. :wtf:

Since I got here before the other Brian, I'll try to help.

All you have to do is let Mindy know what you want to do.

Perhaps the simplest way is for lotuz to pay you through PayPal. Then you just have to ask Mindy to change the shipping and email address on the order.

Another way would be to initiate a refund once it's agreed that lotuz is the new purchaser. If he's already a CD customer, it will be even easier to do.

lotuz
11-22-2017, 01:03 PM
PM sent. Thanks Brian!

Beverly Marsh
11-22-2017, 02:58 PM

Hi,

Brian has always pointed you in the right direction. It's not my fault if you're going in circles. :wtf:

Perhaps the simplest way is for lotuz to pay you through PayPal. Then you just have to ask Mindy to change the shipping and email address on the order.

Another way would be to initiate a refund once it's agreed that lotuz is the new purchaser. If he's already a CD customer, it will be even easier to do.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thank you OTHER Brian(of many Brian's) :biggrin1:
as always you know I like my circles! :evil:
(But seriously thank you)

All other Brian's, we've taken care of it. :biggrin:

stroppygoblin
11-22-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm Brian. And so is my wife!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYc_flMnMQ

bdwyer19
11-23-2017, 06:31 AM

Hi,

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thank you OTHER Brian(of many Brian's) :biggrin1:
as always you know I like my circles! :evil:
(But seriously thank you)

All other Brian's, we've taken care of it. :biggrin:

Glad I don’t need to intervene!! :lol1:

Brian James Freeman
11-23-2017, 06:55 PM
I hereby call this meeting of the International King Collectors Named Brian to order...

Brian861
11-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Present!

Hunchback Jack
11-23-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm Brian. And so is my wife!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYc_flMnMQ

:D You beat me to it!

Johnny007
11-24-2017, 09:41 AM
I write this post ONLY about business practices. I am not out to hurt anyone’s feelings but I’ve had these sentiments since about 2012/13.

I just bought a lettered edition of Sleeping Beauties on the secondary market. I paid $3K so the seller made 20%+ on his original investment of $2.5K. Not bad and I’m not complaining about that. But I went to the CD/Lonely Road Books website to see if I could find a publishing date. I was utterly shocked to find out that this book is not expected to be published until the spring of 2018.

Most of you probably missed the latest Forbes US “wealth” edition (limited distribution areas only) but I was one of the top 75,000,000 wage earners in 2016. So lending the money to CD for 6, 9, or whatever months isn’t a big deal for me. But I am concerned about those who aren’t in the top 75 million. I wonder where CD’s bank is when it comes to borrowing money for a Stephen King edition. I know that we as avid SK collectors are a captive audience and don’t have any ways to get around this but I’m wondering if anybody else is upset for being the CD banker?

For arithmetic’s sake, the 3 different Sleeping Beauties’ editions bring 3/4 million interest-free dollars into the CD coffers. I didn’t do the math on Gwendy’s Button Box. Why don’t they have a letter of credit with a bank to finance these editions? Why are we the bankers? I could maybe understand this for a brand new small publisher but CD is hardly a small press. A line of credit for a Stephen King endeavor is about as risk-free as you can get! I’m venting about this issue because the practice is antithetical to the way I was taught to conduct business in under-grad and grad school. A captive audience stuck with the financing bill is what we’ve become.

Why not instead of demanding for the full amount on announcement day, give the potential buyer the option to pay for a book in installments – maximum of 3. Since it seems like we wait for 6-12 months for some of these books, installment loans seem to be a decent option. But asking for the full amount and having a delivery date so far in the future is unfair.

While I am venting, I might as well again add my distaste for the lack of transparency when it comes to PCs and smaller-press proofs. All of them. CD is NOT the lone ranger on this issue. PCs began to lack any luster about 15 years ago precisely because they dilute the secondary market and there is no way of finding out how many PCs were published. I have some PC copies but they come from the day when publishing PCs were not the big “money grab” that seems pervasive today. I have no problem with a business making money. But maybe having some transparency would make these editions more palatable. FWIW, before I composed this post, I discussed my views with two well-known, “veteran” collectors. One of them referred to PCs as “pieces of crap.” Harsh? Yes, but it is indicative that collectors are maybe a little bit tired of this.

Or maybe this view is unique to me. Maybe ya’ll don’t care about any of this. I’m sure you’ll tell me one way or the other.

Best,
John

stroppygoblin
11-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Much as I agree with the majority of the previous post, I would defend a couple of things with regard to CD.

1. CD ARE a small press. They may be one of the bigger small presses, but they are not in the same ballpark as the huge companies such as Scribner, Hodder, etc.
2. The original date for SB was 2017, it got postponed due to technical delays with, I believe, the Tray Case manufacturer.
3. Personally I dont have too much of a problem with pre-paying for a book. Cash Flow can be the biggest problem for a small press and CD have very creative ways of keeping the money rolling in whilst providing value for money to their subscribers (The CD collectors club which offers 50% off Gift Vouchers once a year is a great example).

Would I like the ability to make stage payments? hell yes, but I don't really see myself as being CD's Banker. I actually find it nice when a book arrives and I think, "Great! I've already paid for that!"

Randall Flagg
11-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Instead of advancing CD money, a person is free to invest their money, perhaps in stocks. As long as they earn >20% return on the gross dollars invested, they can then buy the book(s) on the secondary market, much like you did. $750K seems like a lot, but I didn't loan CD 750K, I loaned them $3,100.

The PC issue is a concern, and deserves its own separate response. As soon as I figure out what I want to say, I'll post.

webstar1000
11-24-2017, 10:26 AM
I write this post ONLY about business practices. I am not out to hurt anyone’s feelings but I’ve had these sentiments since about 2012/13.

I just bought a lettered edition of Sleeping Beauties on the secondary market. I paid $3K so the seller made 20%+ on his original investment of $2.5K. Not bad and I’m not complaining about that. But I went to the CD/Lonely Road Books website to see if I could find a publishing date. I was utterly shocked to find out that this book is not expected to be published until the spring of 2018.

Most of you probably missed the latest Forbes US “wealth” edition (limited distribution areas only) but I was one of the top 75,000,000 wage earners in 2016. So lending the money to CD for 6, 9, or whatever months isn’t a big deal for me. But I am concerned about those who aren’t in the top 75 million. I wonder where CD’s bank is when it comes to borrowing money for a Stephen King edition. I know that we as avid SK collectors are a captive audience and don’t have any ways to get around this but I’m wondering if anybody else is upset for being the CD banker?

For arithmetic’s sake, the 3 different Sleeping Beauties’ editions bring 3/4 million interest-free dollars into the CD coffers. I didn’t do the math on Gwendy’s Button Box. Why don’t they have a letter of credit with a bank to finance these editions? Why are we the bankers? I could maybe understand this for a brand new small publisher but CD is hardly a small press. A line of credit for a Stephen King endeavor is about as risk-free as you can get! I’m venting about this issue because the practice is antithetical to the way I was taught to conduct business in under-grad and grad school. A captive audience stuck with the financing bill is what we’ve become.

Why not instead of demanding for the full amount on announcement day, give the potential buyer the option to pay for a book in installments – maximum of 3. Since it seems like we wait for 6-12 months for some of these books, installment loans seem to be a decent option. But asking for the full amount and having a delivery date so far in the future is unfair.

While I am venting, I might as well again add my distaste for the lack of transparency when it comes to PCs and smaller-press proofs. All of them. CD is NOT the lone ranger on this issue. PCs began to lack any luster about 15 years ago precisely because they dilute the secondary market and there is no way of finding out how many PCs were published. I have some PC copies but they come from the day when publishing PCs were not the big “money grab” that seems pervasive today. I have no problem with a business making money. But maybe having some transparency would make these editions more palatable. FWIW, before I composed this post, I discussed my views with two well-known, “veteran” collectors. One of them referred to PCs as “pieces of crap.” Harsh? Yes, but it is indicative that collectors are maybe a little bit tired of this.

Or maybe this view is unique to me. Maybe ya’ll don’t care about any of this. I’m sure you’ll tell me one way or the other.

Best,
John

Insightful post John. I am not rich.. by any means. In fact I make a year roughly $35000US. My wife makes a lot more yes, but I do not.. and she doesn't buy my books for me. I have all the upcoming King titles pre-paid and on order. It comes to about $6700US give or take... It is a lot to shell out BUT, CD gave me and others here the chance to buy before it went out to the outside world. Brian didn't have to do that... but he did. Could I afford it... no but I made it work because to me it was an investment... and I WANT them. I buy 80% of my books by trading, selling, and facilitating deals so to speak so this was harder for me defiantly... but worth it. I guess for me, I am super thankful that I have the chance to get them before I miss that chance and someone else charges me that 20% more. I have no issue with this.... I really do not.

PC's ... I think there is too many yes. I think there should be no more than a couple. MAX 2/3 on letter and 9/10 on number but that is just me.

Johnny007
11-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Much as I agree with the majority of the previous post, I would defend a couple of things with regard to CD.

1. CD ARE a small press. They may be one of the bigger small presses, but they are not in the same ballpark as the huge companies such as Scribner, Hodder, etc.
2. The original date for SB was 2017, it got postponed due to technical delays with, I believe, the Tray Case manufacturer.
3. Personally I dont have too much of a problem with pre-paying for a book. Cash Flow can be the biggest problem for a small press and CD have very creative ways of keeping the money rolling in whilst providing value for money to their subscribers (The CD collectors club which offers 50% off Gift Vouchers once a year is a great example).

Would I like the ability to make stage payments? hell yes, but I don't really see myself as being CD's Banker. I actually find it nice when a book arrives and I think, "Great! I've already paid for that!"

Simon,

1) They are large enough to have a letter of credit with a bank to cover any SK endeavor. As I said, SK collectors are a captive audience.
2) That risk/delay should be borne by the business and not the customers.
3) Why should the cash flow of a business become the customer's problem?

I'm glad you have no problem advancing cash to a business that cannot guarantee a firm delivery date.

Best,
John

lotuz
11-24-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: Prepayment
I don't see a huge problem with prepayment for upcoming books, except for presses that aren't fully solvent (which are the presses that probably need it the most!). I don't know the details but I know in the past there has been an issue with a small press that took a bunch of pre-order money and then declared bankruptcy and lots of folks were out of both money and books. They possibly re-opened under a different name, which made people upset. I shouldn't make suppositions because I don't know all the details, but this seems to me to be a case of pre-payment gone awry.

I have absolutely no doubt that my CD and Sub Press books will arrive eventually. For example, I still have not received my very first order from CD that I placed in December of 2013 - The Damnation Game - which was due out in mid-2014 and at this point is 3.5 years delayed. I have never sent an email about it because I know that it will come eventually, and also it was only $100.

Also, from a business perspective, CD would be crazy not to take a $750k no-interest loan! They didn't force anybody to pre-pay, and the demand for SK works (especially lettered editions) is very inelastic. From what I have seen (and what has been said in this thread), they will also refund pre-orders back to the original payment method, making it pretty risk-free from the buyer's perspective also. If anything, this is a bit of a monopoly situation, where there is only one provider for a specific good (lettered editions of SB).

That being said, payment plans might ease the sour taste that this gives some people, especially for the books with $1k+ price tags.

I think your reply to Simon sums it up pretty well:

1. SK collectors are a captive audience (inelastic demand)
2. The customers have shown over and over again that they are willing to bear the risk/delay, so why shouldn't the business respond to this incentive for interest-free borrowing?
3. This one is the real issue: if CD were to have cash-flow problems and became unable to fulfill their orders, you would have a very good case. And the market could respond by lowering the "rating" of the borrower and making future interest-free loans harder to get.

RE: PC copies
On this topic, I agree. Yes, there seem to be too many PC copies out there, and yes it's a problem that the numbers of PC copies are tightly held. I do understand the necessity of having extra copies and have had an incident in the past where a Sub Press book showed up damaged and I freaked out a little bit because it was part of a set (The Expanse) and I was worried that I would never have a mint set with matching numbers. I sent an email and one of the extra copies was filled in with my number and sent to me :redface:. But the practice is going overboard, I think. It's hard to tell because no one knows exactly how many PC copies there are!

There is one publisher I'm aware of that doesn't do PC copies as such: Centipede Press. There are technically PC copies that are reserved for the "contributors and friends of the press" but the print run is almost always listed on the limitation page and they are numbered with Roman Numerals. Jerad also takes some risks with the way he numbers: the limitation number is printed on the page before the book is bound, so if a copy is damaged in shipment it's a pretty significant process to get a rebind with the same limitation number. My copy of The Anubis Gates had some damage and I had to settle for a different limitation number (in retrospect, I wish I would've kept the damaged copy and tried to get a discount on a second, undamaged copy).

Johnny007
11-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Instead of advancing CD money, a person is free to invest their money, perhaps in stocks. As long as they earn >20% return on the gross dollars invested, they can then buy the book(s) on the secondary market, much like you did. $750K seems like a lot, but I didn't loan CD 750K, I loaned them $3,100.

The PC issue is a concern, and deserves its own separate response. As soon as I figure out what I want to say, I'll post.

The consumer should not pay the cost to finance the goods. The consumer should pay for the manufacturing cost plus some profit margin. The risk in this case is borne by the consumer and I'm arguing that the risk should be borne by the business and its bank. I'd rather have a bank have to write off a bad debt than me.

Arithmetic: Gift - 1750 x $125 = $219K, Numbered - 850 X $475 = $404K, Lettered - 52 X $2,500 = $130K. Total is approximately $753K.

Best,
John

andyg75
11-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Ultimately, it’s up to the buyer to decide for his or herself if they want the books that CD offer, and by now everyone (even me as a new comer to the SK collecting world) is aware that when you order a book from CD, not only will it arrive at some point, but it will also be incredible. If the waiting time is an issue from payment to release, the option for a full refund back to your payment method creates the no risk/low risk, negating the issue in my eyes.

For me, there is no issue with paying up front, and if it helps the smaller press houses, then I feel I’m doing my little bit for the little man (or woman).

Just my opinion.

Randall Flagg
11-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Johnny, your repeating your math, and your position that the buyer should not pay the cost to finance the goods. We get your position, so let others tell you theirs.

No person has to do business with CD.
Small Presses historically collect money in advance for books. That's how it was, is and shall be.

Btw, it's estimated that Tesla took 500,000 deposits of $1,000 (equals 500 million dollars) each for the Tesla 3. Granted that's a deposit, not full purchase price.

redsoxfan565
11-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Not sure if this is allowed or if CD would allow someone to pick it up, but I cancelled my order for the regular signed/numbered edition this week. Not sure if someone can email him or CD to see if they can allow someone else to purchase it. Good luck.

Brian861
11-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Ultimately, it’s up to the buyer to decide for his or herself if they want the books that CD offer, and by now everyone (even me as a new comer to the SK collecting world) is aware that when you order a book from CD, not only will it arrive at some point, but it will also be incredible. If the waiting time is an issue from payment to release, the option for a full refund back to your payment method creates the no risk/low risk, negating the issue in my eyes.

For me, there is no issue with paying up front, and if it helps the smaller press houses, then I feel I’m doing my little bit for the little man (or woman).

Just my opinion.

I'm fairly new to the collecting game as well (a few years now) and I don't know of any other practice where you don't pay upfront to a small press. I also know that when I place an order with any said small press, it's probably going to be a year or better before that book arrives. This too I happily accept as it's all I've ever known.

I will continue to sing the praises for CD as they pretty much saved my ass and that of my family when I was laid off for a year. I had in the neighbor of 30 or so preorders worth $1000s on paper. I emailed Mindy, explained my situation, and all she asked for was a few days to put the refunds together. They didn't charge me a "restocking fee" or "refund fee", or any other fee that other companies may have. I received back every penny that I asked for. It didn't cost me a dime to "loan" CD anything. The front money, if you will, and the time it takes to produce the product is more than worth the wait. The refunds arrived, I eventually was called back to work, and I continue to place orders with CD to this date.

Brian has stated here, on more than one occasion, that if a customer isn't happy, for whatever reason, simply email Mindy and she'll get it taken care of. No harm, no foul, no butthurt.

As with any company/business; if you don't like their practices, simply choose not to do business with them. If a person chooses not to do business with CD, their loss IMO.

Edit: Quoted your post, Andy as a fellow supporter of CD. Thought I should clarify that LOL.

Brian861
11-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Not sure if this is allowed or if CD would allow someone to pick it up, but I cancelled my order for the regular signed/numbered edition this week. Not sure if someone can email him or CD to see if they can allow someone else to purchase it. Good luck.

I know sometimes, once all the orders are shipped, they'll open back up offers to the public for any extras. Usually the CDCC gets first dibs on these (another awesome perk of membership :)). Of course firing an email off to Brian never hurts either :)

andyg75
11-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Just my opinion.

I'm fairly new to the collecting game as well (a few years now) and I don't know of any other practice where you don't pay upfront to a small press. I also know that when I place an order with any said small press, it's probably going to be a year or better before that book arrives. This too I happily accept as it's all I've ever known.

I will continue to sing the praises for CD as they pretty much saved my ass and that of my family when I was laid off for a year. I had in the neighbor of 30 or so preorders worth $1000s on paper. I emailed Mindy, explained my situation, and all she asked for was a few days to put the refunds together. They didn't charge me a "restocking fee" or "refund fee", or any other fee that other companies may have. I received back every penny that I asked for. It didn't cost me a dime to "loan" CD anything. The front money, if you will, and the time it takes to produce the product is more than worth the wait. The refunds arrived, I eventually was called back to work, and I continue to place orders with CD to this date.

Brian has stated here, on more than one occasion, that if a customer isn't happy, for whatever reason, simply email Mindy and she'll get it taken care of. No harm, no foul, no butthurt.

As with any company/business; if you don't like their practices, simply choose not to do business with them. If a person chooses not to do business with CD, their loss IMO.

Edit: Quoted your post, Andy as a fellow supporter of CD. Thought I should clarify that LOL.

Brian, feel free to quote my ramblings. I deal with CD based on their service and the outstanding quality of what they produce.

As a side note, I pay up front for all my internet purchases, technically speaking. The waiting time matters not 😀

The Library Policeman
11-24-2017, 02:09 PM

Just my opinion.

Well said, Brian.

Having been in on the last half dozen or so King SLs from CD - I also have no issue paying up front.

andyg75
11-24-2017, 02:12 PM

Just my opinion.

Well said, Brian.

Having been in on the last half dozen or so King SLs from CD - I also have no issue paying up front.

P.S. well said Brian! Forgot that bit... 😀

jsmcmullen92
11-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Just to be devil's advocate, I believe Grant publishing (and grimm oak but never ordered from them just heard) will take pre orders but not require you to pay until it is ready. I will say it has its perks and downfalls. Great for when you want to order but don't have the money allowing you to save. Downfall when payment time comes and you don't have the money on hand and have to give it up because you forgot and the delays pushed it out of your brain.

andyg75
11-25-2017, 05:49 AM
Just to be devil's advocate, I believe Grant publishing (and grimm oak but never ordered from them just heard) will take pre orders but not require you to pay until it is ready. I will say it has its perks and downfalls. Great for when you want to order but don't have the money allowing you to save. Downfall when payment time comes and you don't have the money on hand and have to give it up because you forgot and the delays pushed it out of your brain.

I think I prefer to pay up front, as I know if I can afford it there and then. There’s is always a chance of things being pushed out of my brain. I think it’s an age thing 😂

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-25-2017, 05:54 AM
Personally, I prefer to have all the books sent to me for free and then I'll decide whether I want to keep them or not. Just saying.

Brian861
11-25-2017, 06:48 AM

I think I prefer to pay up front, as I know if I can afford it there and then. There’s is always a chance of things being pushed out of my brain. I think it’s an age thing 😂

No doubt about the age thing :lol:

Personally, I prefer to have all the books sent to me for free and then I'll decide whether I want to keep them or not. Just saying.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone. Especially for Steve. I tried that once with a vehicle. They came and got it some months later <_<

Johnny007
11-25-2017, 05:15 PM
Jerome,

This will be my last post regarding CD. You questioned my math ("$750K seems like a lot") so I spelled it out for you and anyone who had questions about my math. Didn't think it was a big deal and it prevented no one from posting their opinions.

FYI -- I found this quote that I found interesting. Sound familiar? "I ordered the 1/350 AE. I just couldn't justify "loaning" CD 1K for an indeterminate amount of time."

"Edit: I ordered the 1/150 that is $350."

Have a good night and good luck with your picks tomorrow.

Best,
John

St. Troy
11-25-2017, 07:05 PM
CD decides how to best handle their business; you should decide how to best handle yours.

Buy from them if it makes sense for you; refrain from doing so if that makes sense for you.

If it doesn’t make sense for you, that’s fine - but understand that your preferences and priorities have no global significance reflecting poorly on CD, and complaining about their choices (given that we’re not talking about things like fraud) is as senseless as it is pointless.

WeDealInLead
11-25-2017, 07:34 PM
CD decides how to best handle their business; you should decide how to best handle yours.

Buy from them if it makes sense for you; refrain from doing so if that makes sense for you.

If it doesn’t make sense for you, that’s fine - but understand that your preferences and priorities have no global significance reflecting poorly on CD, and complaining about their choices (given that we’re not talking about things like fraud) is as senseless as it is pointless.

Grab some snacks and start at page one of this thread. You'll that negative customer feedback can also improve a business. This also applies to PS Publishing too (keeping it TDT-centric) as they've also been put through the wringer once or eleven times.

I'd say that someone feeling salty that a book s/he pre-paid for three years ago (example) is financing a book that is already out but hasn't even been written three years ago is a pretty justified sentiment.

Brian861
11-25-2017, 08:40 PM

John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not. I respect John for voicing his opinion and he voiced it well. While I didn't agree with it; to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.

webstar1000
11-26-2017, 03:55 AM

John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not. I respect John for voicing his opinion and he voiced it well. While I didn't agree with it; to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.

Agreed

Randall Flagg
11-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Jerome,
This will be my last post regarding CD. You questioned my math ("$750K seems like a lot") so I spelled it out for you and anyone who had questions about my math. Didn't think it was a big deal and it prevented no one from posting their opinions.

I wasn't questioning your math. In fact, I did the calculations before posting and KNEW your math was correct.

My statement was "$750K seems like a lot, but I didn't loan CD 750K, I loaned them $3,100. ".

I was trying to say that to an individual $750K is a lot of money, but since the individual buyer would only be "loaning" CD ~$3,100, it was an amount (IMO) within reason given what would be received.

Br!an
11-26-2017, 08:08 AM
We are acting as the bank for preordered books.

I have no problem with that, since it's a way to get the book published.

The only part I don't like is when publishing dates get pushed way off.

St. Troy
11-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Grab some snacks and start at page one of this thread.

Lucky for us, I've already read this entire thread many months back.

You'll that negative customer feedback can also improve a business.

Of course it can...when it's relevant (noting failure to deliver as promised is relevant, debating stated terms of purchase isn't). CD's reaction to Johnny007 cancelling this order (had he purchased directly from them, which he didn't) would be to sell to the next person in line (very limited item, they can do as they wish).

I'd say that someone feeling salty that a book s/he pre-paid for three years ago (example) is financing a book that is already out but hasn't even been written three years ago is a pretty justified sentiment.

Possibly, but that isn't the issue here: Johnny007 complained about paying now for a book due in about 6 months. If that's a problem for him, he should cancel his order and walk away; there's really nothing more anyone need say.

My original post was me going easy on Johnny007 - certainly I could've torn a larger hole in his post if I'd wanted to spend my time that way.

For example:

...I am concerned about those who aren’t in the top 75 million.

NEVER concern yourself with how others spend their disposable income - NEVER.

...lending the money to CD for 6, 9, or whatever months isn’t a big deal for me.

If you think this is a loan, you need to re-read some of your business school texts.

...asking for the full amount and having a delivery date so far in the future is unfair.

The key to this question is the word "ask" - CD isn't forcing buyers to do anything.

John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not.

Of course he is.

...to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.

It became senseless and pointless when he loaded his own tastes and opinions down with "shoulds" and "should nots." There is no "should" or "should not" re: CD's practices to derive from Johnny007's dislike for advance purchase; CD isn't burdened with fulfilling any particular potential buyer's wishes. My wife doesn't like CD's practices either. Not relevant.

FYI:
I don't mind receiving negative rep (I actually find it amusing that internet people feel the need to electronically punch me for disagreeing with them), but for God's sake at least identify yourself when you do. The person who left me negative rep for my post did so anonymously - and therefore is a little bitch (feel free to identify yourself to free yourself from little bitch status).

ICry4Oy
11-26-2017, 12:44 PM
I love the fact that years after I am dead and gone, Cemetery Dance books will be showing up in the mail for whoever has my PO box.

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2017, 03:56 PM
I love the fact that years after I am dead and gone, Cemetery Dance books will be showing up in the mail for whoever has my PO box.

Geez, not if you remember to send in your COA at the very last second, so they can be delivered to your grave...

ICry4Oy
11-26-2017, 04:22 PM

Geez, not if you remember to send in your COA at the very last second, so they can be delivered to your grave...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/dead-hand-good-books.jpg

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2017, 06:54 PM
So, in other news, I wanted to post a public thank you to Bob Jackson for allowing a team of professional photographers to lavish some attention on a small portion of his incredible collection for a very special project. (I also need to thank Bob because he's the one who FOUND these photographers for us and they proved to be even better than we had dared dream!)

The photographers are Jackie Nammathao Photography (Amarillo, TX) and Chriselda Photography (Amarillo, TX), and they've provided us with some drool-worthy photos for the full-color photo gallery section of STEPHEN KING LIMITED by Kevin Quigley, which will be published next year.

Some of you know about this book, but for those who don't, the short version is that it's been a long time in the making and access to Bob's collection for these photographs is what finally pushed the project across the finish line.

So my grateful thanks go out to Bob, and Jackie Nammathao Photography, and Chriselda Photography because thanks to them, we're going to be publishing photos like this in the book...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SKBooks_TheRegulators-Dutton-Lettered_2.jpg

I cannot wait to share more details (and a few more photos because I cannot help myself) in 2018!

Brian

biomieg
11-27-2017, 01:36 AM
Looks great, and it is always good to know Bob is still alive and kicking.

The Library Policeman
11-27-2017, 02:29 AM
God I miss, Bob. Probably more than a grown man on the internet should. :(

St. Troy
11-27-2017, 06:07 AM

Many of us do.

...but I bet more grown men on the internet miss Hannah Minx. :excited:

Ari_Racing
11-27-2017, 06:21 AM
So, in other news, I wanted to post a public thank you to Bob Jackson for allowing a team of professional photographers to lavish some attention on a small portion of his incredible collection for a very special project. (I also need to thank Bob because he's the one who FOUND these photographers for us and they proved to be even better than we had dared dream!)

The photographers are Jackie Nammathao Photography (Amarillo, TX) and Chriselda Photography (Amarillo, TX), and they've provided us with some drool-worthy photos for the full-color photo gallery section of STEPHEN KING LIMITED by Kevin Quigley, which will be published next year.

Some of you know about this book, but for those who don't, the short version is that it's been a long time in the making and access to Bob's collection for these photographs is what finally pushed the project across the finish line.

So my grateful thanks go out to Bob, and Jackie Nammathao Photography, and Chriselda Photography because thanks to them, we're going to be publishing photos like this in the book...

I cannot wait to share more details (and a few more photos because I cannot help myself) in 2018!

Brian

Looks great! Count me in for a copy, of course!

And I miss Bob too. I think most of the members in the forum miss him. :(

Beverly Marsh
11-27-2017, 06:49 AM

Brian

Definitely in for this too! And we're glad you can't help yourself Brian. Share away!
Side note: I lived in a little town in New Mexico for a bit, about 1.5 hours from Amarillo. Going back for a visit next year and am hoping to tour Bob's Basement! (If this were any other site this could be taken out of context :rolleyes3: )

The Library Policeman
11-27-2017, 07:05 AM

Many of us do.

...but I bet more grown men on the internet miss Hannah Minx. :excited:

So I had to google her, but yeah I miss her now too. :evil:

St. Troy
11-27-2017, 07:42 AM
So I had to google her, but yeah I miss her now too. :evil:

I suspected she might not be well known among people here; I am happy to spread the gospel (and maybe RF can work his magic and add a few things to that certain other thread...).

swintek
11-27-2017, 10:45 AM

Pardon my ignorance here- where did Bob go? I know he's fine- I saw Paul Suntup's great video interview- but why is he no longer posting here? Is it.. touchy?

webstar1000
11-27-2017, 10:50 AM

Pardon my ignorance here- where did Bob go? I know he's fine- I saw Paul Suntup's great video interview- but why is he no longer posting here? Is it.. touchy?

It was never really stated.

lotuz
11-27-2017, 10:54 AM
One of the reasons I joined is because every time I searched "Centipede Press" the name carlosdetweiler would pop up and he has mentioned that he has the full Centipede Press lineup, with the early deluxe editions and everything! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I wanted to dish about CP and ask about some of the earlier titles - hopefully some of you guys can pick up the slack when I start my collection thread...!

Frankie
12-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Most of you probably missed the latest Forbes US “wealth” edition (limited distribution areas only) but I was one of the top 75,000,000 wage earners in 2016.

Like, the top 75 million in the US? Did they list all 75 million people in the publication?

Randall Flagg
12-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Yes, in a size 1 font:

https://www.printhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Wikipedia.jpg

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2017, 09:53 AM
We're auctioning off a production computer and I set the desktop pattern before the photo was taken:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152814708713

If this doesn't load, the link is above!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/TBEAAOSw-wJaJYVB/s-l1600.jpg

Also, a note of interest for collectors, our interoffice proof and advanced uncorrected proof for SLEEPING BEAUTIES were printed from a slightly earlier draft of the book, so there are some small differences in the text. Nothing earth shattering, but small changes here and there. We're including one of each for the winner of the auction.

Brian

dnemec
12-04-2017, 10:10 AM
You guys sure know how to run an eBay auction! I'm sure it will end up over my budget, but that's very cool. Good luck, Brian!

webstar1000
12-04-2017, 10:11 AM
You guys sure know how to run an eBay auction! I'm sure it will end up over my budget, but that's very cool. Good luck, Brian!

Do. They. Ever. :cool:

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2017, 10:25 AM
While we're waiting on the last person to sign the signature sheets, our printer has produced a Dummy Book for SLEEPING BEAUTIES. Here's a photo:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SBdummy.jpg

We expect to have the signed signature sheets this month, so our printer can get rolling after the holidays.

Best,
Brian

DanHocker
12-04-2017, 10:47 AM
While we're waiting on the last person to sign the signature sheets, our printer has produced a Dummy Book for SLEEPING BEAUTIES. Here's a photo:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SBdummy.jpg

We expect to have the signed signature sheets this month, so our printer can get rolling after the holidays.

Best,
Brian

For reference this is almost exactly the same size as our edition of IT.

DanHocker
12-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Also for those interested (I know a couple of you order these) we're working on shipping the big 10 book grab bag now. It's a really slow process, so don't panic if you don't get your shipping notice right away.

richardsrarebooks
12-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Just got mine a few minutes ago. Ordered two and am excited to see what I get!

lotuz
12-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Just got mine a few minutes ago. Ordered two and am excited to see what I get!

Ditto! For ~$10/book I had to snag two...

richardsrarebooks
12-04-2017, 11:45 AM
They said for those who ordered more than one, they would try and not duplicate books.

DanHocker
12-04-2017, 01:40 PM
They said for those who ordered more than one, they would try and not duplicate books.

I can confirm we did our very best to not give duplicates. It's possible one or two books may have slipped through, but for the most part they should have be different. I can also say that we shipped the "multiples" first. So if you ordered two or more yours will probably have shipped today. Though I have a couple of international ones I've had to sit on for the moment because we are out of customs forms envelopes and USPS has been really slow about getting those to us.

lotuz
12-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I can confirm we did our very best to not give duplicates. It's possible one or two books may have slipped through, but for the most part they should have be different. I can also say that we shipped the "multiples" first. So if you ordered two or more yours will probably have shipped today..

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2017, 05:40 PM
We're auctioning off a production computer and I set the desktop pattern before the photo was taken:

Also, a note of interest for collectors, our interoffice proof and advanced uncorrected proof for SLEEPING BEAUTIES were printed from a slightly earlier draft of the book, so there are some small differences in the text. Nothing earth shattering, but small changes here and there. We're including one of each for the winner of the auction.

Brian

Hey, did that image load for everyone? If so, it's showing the DJ cover artwork and design for the Lettered Edition, an image that we quietly added to the site a while back and didn't promote. :)

Brian

stroppygoblin
12-04-2017, 05:47 PM

Brian

Hey, did that image load for everyone? If so, it's showing the DJ cover artwork and design for the Lettered Edition, an image that we quietly added to the site a while back and didn't promote. :)

Brian

The original of which is now owned by our very own Becca!

https://s20.postimg.org/aasq3mxi5/IMG_6447.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/i3jdvm3h5/)

Brian861
12-05-2017, 06:30 PM

No doubt! Would you guys be interested in selling a few of my books?! Value seems to triple on CD auctions!

lotuz
12-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Got my haul from the big end-of-year grab bag today (I ordered two). They came in a pair of big, well-packed boxes!

As usual, there were a few less popular titles (this is my third copy of Revenant, all from grab bags :lol:) and a number of highlights. The highlights this time were mostly King-centric, always a nice treat!

The whole haul:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4583.JPG

And some highlights:

1st/3rd GBB (this will be my reading copy, my others are a 1st/1st and the upcoming S/L)
The Dark Man (trade) :)
1st/1st Revival with custom slipcase :) :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4584.JPG

1st/1st (well I guess this one is tricky, so it's "a 1st/1st") The Fireman with signed bookplate :) :) :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4585.JPG

And a non-King item for my collection, the recent PS version of Something Wicked This Way Comes :onfire:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4587.JPG

Thanks, guys!

jsmcmullen92
12-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Got my haul from the big end-of-year grab bag today (I ordered two). They came in a pair of big, well-packed boxes!

As usual, there were a few less popular titles (this is my third copy of Revenant, all from grab bags [emoji38]) and a number of highlights. The highlights this time were mostly King-centric, always a nice treat!

The whole haul:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4583.JPG

And some highlights:

1st/3rd GBB (this will be my reading copy, my others are a 1st/1st and the upcoming S/L)
The Dark Man (trade) :)
1st/1st Revival with custom slipcase :) :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4584.JPG

1st/1st (well I guess this one is tricky, so it's "a 1st/1st") The Fireman with signed bookplate :) :) :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4585.JPG

And a non-King item for my collection, the recent PS version of Something Wicked This Way Comes :onfire:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_4587.JPG

Thanks, guys!Very nice! Jealous of that SWTWC.

Br!an
12-10-2017, 05:10 AM
By the pricking of my thumbs, Lucky thirteen this way comes

RichardX
12-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Are the new McCammon books still on track for the end of this year?

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2017, 08:45 AM

I literally just emailed the printer about those, and will let you know what I hear back. I think they'll be DONE on the press right around when the plants close, but we'll see if they can get them packed and shipped in time. Either way, there's much closer than they were when the press broke. :)

Brian

lotuz
12-11-2017, 04:56 PM
By the pricking of my thumbs, Lucky thirteen this way comes

Clever - love it :cool:

becca69
12-11-2017, 08:57 PM

Brian

Brian

The original of which is now owned by our very own Becca!

https://s20.postimg.org/aasq3mxi5/IMG_6447.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/i3jdvm3h5/)

I just noticed this Simon. I have to say, this piece looks so amazing in person... even though it's black & white, it looks like it has a metallic shimmer (the artist adds all the color digitally). So glad it made the cover of the lettered edition (even though I had to pass on that one).

stroppygoblin
12-12-2017, 06:26 AM
I just noticed this Simon. I have to say, this piece looks so amazing in person... even though it's black & white, it looks like it has a metallic shimmer (the artist adds all the color digitally). So glad it made the cover of the lettered edition (even though I had to pass on that one).

It's a beautiful piece Becca and wonderfully framed. I'm not a big art collector, other than the pieces I have from Rachel Readman, but I'm very envious of this one.

jsmcmullen92
12-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Hey Brian,
Any chance we can get a sneak peak of the coins for GBB? Or maybe a CDCC sneak peak of the coins?

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Hey Brian,
Any chance we can get a sneak peak of the coins for GBB? Or maybe a CDCC sneak peak of the coins?

Probably at some point... have to get a good photo of them first! (Shiny!) ;)

Brian

Randall Flagg
12-18-2017, 10:17 AM
Hey Brian,

Probably at some point... have to get a good photo of them first! (Shiny!) ;)

Brian

Try scanning the coin.

jsweet
12-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Noticed something interesting: I got two copies of Reading Stephen King and was surprised to see that the signatures were in different orders and even different color inks in the two copies. This is the first time I've ended up with multiple copies of a multi-signature book -- is this common in that type of situation? I guess I always imagined the sheets making their away around in a big group and ending up looking pretty much the same.

One copy was also missing BJF's signature (Rare variation!!!) :)

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Noticed something interesting: I got two copies of Reading Stephen King and was surprised to see that the signatures were in different orders and even different color inks in the two copies. This is the first time I've ended up with multiple copies of a multi-signature book -- is this common in that type of situation? I guess I always imagined the sheets making their away around in a big group and ending up looking pretty much the same.

The authors sometimes change where they sign on the page as they move through the stack, which can lead to everyone being in a different place by the last sheet. It kind of slows the signing process down, though, so many authors frown at those who do that. :)

At first I thought maybe I signed with invisible ink, but I'm now leaning toward the theory that an elf under the age of 4 was in my office while the sheets were on my desk and some the piles got moved around. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and we'll get that fixed for you!

Brian

Bev Vincent
12-21-2017, 08:14 AM

The authors sometimes change where they sign on the page as they move through the stack, which can lead to everyone being in a different place by the last sheet. It kind of slows the signing process down, though, so many authors frown at those who do that. :)

At first I thought maybe I signed with invisible ink, but I'm now leaning toward the theory that an elf under the age of 4 was in my office while the sheets were on my desk and some the piles got moved around. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and we'll get that fixed for you!

Brian

If there is no specific place for an individual's signature, then I sometimes sign in different places. In once case recently, there were a lot of people having to sign on a single sheet, so space was limited. Previous signers left gaps between signatures on some sheets and not on others. So I sometimes filled in the gap to make sure there would be space for everyone signing later in the process.

All it takes is one rogue signer to break the pattern and chaos ensues...

jsweet
12-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Brian

Now, that sounds familiar!

stroppygoblin
12-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Brian

Any date on the Lettered copy Brian?

Lilja
12-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Any photos of this? Would be fun to see 😄

Lilja

DanHocker
12-21-2017, 09:09 AM

Brian

It's on the list. I have a handful of lettered editions to ship that I'm hoping I can get to in January.

stroppygoblin
12-21-2017, 09:17 AM
Any photos of this? Would be fun to see 😄

Lilja
Yeah, Me too!

Brian

It's on the list. I have a handful of lettered editions to ship that I'm hoping I can get to in January.

Thanks Dan!

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2017, 02:35 PM
If there is no specific place for an individual's signature, then I sometimes sign in different places. In once case recently, there were a lot of people having to sign on a single sheet, so space was limited. Previous signers left gaps between signatures on some sheets and not on others. So I sometimes filled in the gap to make sure there would be space for everyone signing later in the process.

All it takes is one rogue signer to break the pattern and chaos ensues...

There is also at least one copy out there signed TWICE by Bev Vincent! I saw it with my own eyes while signing. Good hunting, collectors! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2017, 02:36 PM

They're wrapping up at the printer today, but we probably won't have them in the warehouse until January due to the holiday.

Brian

lotuz
12-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Maybe it's just me but I always thought the free-for-all pages looked messy compared to something like this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_47011.JPG

But it's certainly not going to stop me from buying a book I want and there may be practical reasons from a publisher's or author's perspective for doing the FFA that I'm not privy to.

That said, I like odd stuff and would get a kick out of a double-signed page, or a page where something unusual was done (a signature in another author's signature or something).

Also, does anyone else have books with multiple signatures and some are WAY larger than others? I wonder, does the author with the big signature think they that deserve to have a bigger place on the page - like, they get the sheet to sign and look at the other signatures and think "well I better make mine bigger than all those ones"? Or, maybe more likely, the most famous author gets them first and signs them in whatever we he or she wants and then the others sign smaller? There's one in particular that I can't think of right now where there's two ordered columns until about halfway down, and then a huge signature by one of the better-known contributors...

Br!an
12-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Actually, the most famous author would likely get them last. They are less likely to go missing that way.

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Actually, the most famous author would likely get them last. They are less likely to go missing that way.

Ding ding ding! :)

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Maybe it's just me but I always thought the free-for-all pages looked messy compared to something like this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_47011.JPG

It's my preference, too, but it's only possible when we're 100% sure of who will be able to sign when the sheets are printed. If someone is a "maybe" and then it turns out they cannot sign, we hate the idea of having a blank line with their name there in the final book. It guarantees that A) we get calls and emails about why the person was "missed" and B) it draws attention to the person who was unable to sign and they get the same questions.

So unless we're 100% sure, we go with "yearbook" style signing sheets. But yeah, that's not my preference. I like the clean look of the named lines.

That said, I like odd stuff and would get a kick out of a double-signed page, or a page where something unusual was done (a signature in another author's signature or something).

Also, does anyone else have books with multiple signatures and some are WAY larger than others? I wonder, does the author with the big signature think they that deserve to have a bigger place on the page - like, they get the sheet to sign and look at the other signatures and think "well I better make mine bigger than all those ones"? Or, maybe more likely, the most famous author gets them first and signs them in whatever we he or she wants and then the others sign smaller? There's one in particular that I can't think of right now where there's two ordered columns until about halfway down, and then a huge signature by one of the better-known contributors...

We're trying to do a better job of letting the authors know how many people are signing each sheet, so they can space themselves out appropriately, but sometimes you see signatures clumped together in one part of the sheet (people trying to leave room for a lot of other signers) and then a few big signatures from the last signers trying to fill space.

And some authors just sign BIG. It might be easier on their wrists depending on their signature. I'm not sure. :)

There is one author who shall remain nameless (because I've forgotten who it is now -- ha!) who ALWAYS shoved his signature into the highest spot on the sheet, even if he was the last one to sign and there was really no room there and he was signing by the crop marks and his name was going to be partially trimmed off. Didn't matter. HAD to be the highest signature in the book!

Brian

Bev Vincent
12-22-2017, 05:30 AM
I remember signing Borderlands 5 -- not only did they have designated spots for each author's signature (also my preference), the sheets came with a cutout "size template" that you put over the line and your signature had to fit within the box!

lotuz
12-22-2017, 11:37 AM
It's my preference, too, but it's only possible when we're 100% sure of who will be able to sign when the sheets are printed. If someone is a "maybe" and then it turns out they cannot sign, we hate the idea of having a blank line with their name there in the final book. It guarantees that A) we get calls and emails about why the person was "missed" and B) it draws attention to the person who was unable to sign and they get the same questions.

So unless we're 100% sure, we go with "yearbook" style signing sheets. But yeah, that's not my preference. I like the clean look of the named lines.

We're trying to do a better job of letting the authors know how many people are signing each sheet, so they can space themselves out appropriately, but sometimes you see signatures clumped together in one part of the sheet (people trying to leave room for a lot of other signers) and then a few big signatures from the last signers trying to fill space.

And some authors just sign BIG. It might be easier on their wrists depending on their signature. I'm not sure. :)

There is one author who shall remain nameless (because I've forgotten who it is now -- ha!) who ALWAYS shoved his signature into the highest spot on the sheet, even if he was the last one to sign and there was really no room there and he was signing by the crop marks and his name was going to be partially trimmed off. Didn't matter. HAD to be the highest signature in the book!

Brian

Interesting! I assumed that there were reasons for these things that I'm just unaware of and it's neat to hear it from a publisher how this actually works.

Also please don't take my post as a criticism directed toward CD, this was just the thread that made me think about it. I think I'm going to make a new thread for multiply-signed books. There are some cool ones out there and I'd love to see people post and comment on their favorites...

lotuz
12-22-2017, 11:40 AM
I remember signing Borderlands 5 -- not only did they have designated spots for each author's signature (also my preference), the sheets came with a cutout "size template" that you put over the line and your signature had to fit within the box!

Ha! I'd be curious to look at Borderlands 1-4 and see if there were one or more offending authors they tried to head off at the pass :lol:

andyg75
01-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Did CD offer a Remarque on the forthcoming Sleeping Beauties? I’ve started putting together a collection of remarqued gift editions. Just curious...

DanHocker
01-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Did CD offer a Remarque on the forthcoming Sleeping Beauties? I’ve started putting together a collection of remarqued gift editions. Just curious...

I do not believe we've offered remarques for that one yet.

jsmcmullen92
01-11-2018, 03:35 PM

I do not believe we've offered remarques for that one yet."Yet"? I like the sound of that

andyg75
01-11-2018, 06:06 PM

I do not believe we've offered remarques for that one yet.

Thank you sir 👍

DanHocker
01-12-2018, 08:22 AM

I do not believe we've offered remarques for that one yet."Yet"? I like the sound of that

I say "yet" because I don't actually know what the plans are on that front and don't want to say anything definite. You'd have to try and pry the info out of Brian.

_PCC_
01-15-2018, 05:15 AM
What’s the timing on the Sleeping Beauties S/L?

Brian James Freeman
01-15-2018, 07:54 AM
What’s the timing on the Sleeping Beauties S/L?

I'm not 100% sure yet. Once we have the last thing we're waiting on, I'll have a much better idea, hopefully!

Brian

Ben Mears
01-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Brian,

Is there a more definite publication date for Night Shift than what is available on the production update?

Ari_Racing
01-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Brian, I sent you an email with a couple of inquires :)

Brian James Freeman
01-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Is there a more definite publication date for Night Shift than what is available on the production update?

Not that I have yet, but I'll post something when I know more!

DanHocker
01-16-2018, 12:16 PM
For those interested, He'll Come Knocking at Your Door and Tales from Greystone Bay will star shipping on Thursday.

darkseer
01-16-2018, 03:56 PM
:clap:

Tommy
01-16-2018, 07:43 PM
Got my lettered Weak and Wounded today, nice! I like the traycase a lot. :clap:

Brian James Freeman
01-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Got my lettered Weak and Wounded today, nice! I like the traycase a lot. :clap:

Thank you!

jsmcmullen92
01-19-2018, 06:42 AM
So I was reading through my email this morning and saw an email from another small publisher about their "collector's club" and how they are giving away grab bags with your order. I figured I would at least read about their collector's club since I have enjoyed your CC so much. Interestingly enough they run through patreon and do a monthly fee to be a member. I guess that means any amount of users can join to get the benefits. Interestingly enough they even have 2 tiers of CC. One at $25 a month ($300 a year) which gets you some okay discounts and such and I'm sure random things they like to throw in. But then there is the next tier at $75 a month ($900 a year) which gives you 40% off their publications (instead of 33 at tier 1) and up to 55% other publishers. which means you might be able to get your money with if you buy lettereds. Then they also seem to have something with credits per month which I can only assume means you can only use your CC how ever many credits you have per month and it's $25 per extra credit you want.

Basically all that said what I am trying to say is thank CD for having the best CC with a one time fee that is reasonable and you easily get what it's worth no questions asked. All that and it's not convoluted or limited uses per month. Keep on rocking on!

Brian861
01-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Agreed, Josh. The CDCC is extremely reasonable.

swintek
01-23-2018, 10:44 AM

I agree as well. Been a member many times. Having said that- has anyone received an email or offer from it in awhile? Seems like it's been months since I've heard a peep. Prob not that long, but just want to make sure I didn't fall off the mailing list.

jsmcmullen92
01-23-2018, 10:46 AM

I agree as well. Been a member many times. Having said that- has anyone received an email or offer from it in awhile? Seems like it's been months since I've heard a peep. Prob not that long, but just want to make sure I didn't fall off the mailing list.

I got 2 like a day or 2 ago.

jsweet
01-23-2018, 10:46 AM

I got one yesterday, so you may want to check

Brian James Freeman
01-23-2018, 10:51 AM

Yeah, there was one yesterday, so you'd better shoot an email to Mindy (order@cemeterydance.com) and she'll look into it for you!

Brian

lotuz
01-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Basically all that said what I am trying to say is thank CD for having the best CC with a one time fee that is reasonable and you easily get what it's worth no questions asked. All that and it's not convoluted or limited uses per month. Keep on rocking on!

I agree 100%! I've been a member for the past two years and it is a steal. If you order regularly, the discounts available on their books as well as other publisher's books (mostly Sub Press and Gauntlet Press) more than pays for itself over the course of the year. If you take advantage when they sell discounted coupons, the cost savings are tremendous.

I admit that I was hesitant when I purchased for the first time - paying $100+ for access to books and deals didn't sound like a good bargain when I could just spend that money on an actual book instead. But I'm really glad I did it and I will continue to do it for the foreseeable future.

Brian861
01-23-2018, 10:33 PM
So I was reading through my email this morning and saw an email from another small publisher about their "collector's club" and how they are giving away grab bags with your order. I figured I would at least read about their collector's club since I have enjoyed your CC so much. Interestingly enough they run through patreon and do a monthly fee to be a member. I guess that means any amount of users can join to get the benefits. Interestingly enough they even have 2 tiers of CC. One at $25 a month ($300 a year) which gets you some okay discounts and such and I'm sure random things they like to throw in. But then there is the next tier at $75 a month ($900 a year) which gives you 40% off their publications (instead of 33 at tier 1) and up to 55% other publishers. which means you might be able to get your money with if you buy lettereds. Then they also seem to have something with credits per month which I can only assume means you can only use your CC how ever many credits you have per month and it's $25 per extra credit you want.

And now that other small press is accepting tips on each order :wtf: That's a new one on me.

Beverly Marsh
01-24-2018, 02:29 AM

And now that other small press is accepting tips on each order :wtf: That's a new one on me.

Tips?? Do we get dinner and a margarita delivered to our table?

Side note: this was my first year for the CDCC and it won't be the last. While I have to (mostly) restrict myself to King, King family, and King related, it's absolutely worth it!

T-Dogz_AK47
01-24-2018, 03:34 AM
I'm in my fifth year within the CDCC and it's spankin' good! :thumbsup:

CDCC = Awesome sauce.

jsmcmullen92
01-24-2018, 06:20 AM

Are you serious?? I have never ordered from them (and probably never will) but I still read their newsletters to see whats going on.
My only hope is that this is just a hard time for them and that business practices will change once they get on the up and up.

I'm in my fifth year within the CDCC and it's spankin' good! :thumbsup:

CDCC = Awesome sauce.

I watched the GIF in your signature like 10 times before I realized she didn't have hair... talk about selective focus

St. Troy
01-24-2018, 06:34 AM
I watched the GIF in your signature like 10 times before I realized she didn't have hair... talk about selective focus

Me too - if not for your mention of this, I might never have caught on.

I looked up the SNL skit it's from - good stuff.

amd013
01-24-2018, 11:09 AM

Me too! Now you ruined it for me. Oh well, I'll just stare at the avatar instead.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-24-2018, 12:07 PM

Me too! Now you ruined it for me. Oh well, I'll just stare at the avatar instead.

What's really funny is that I didn't even realize it, and it's my gif!!! :lol:

Selective focus indeed!!! ;)

Brian861
01-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Tips?? Do we get dinner and a margarita delivered to our table? Side note: this was my first year for the CDCC and it won't be the last. While I have to (mostly) restrict myself to King, King family, and King related, it's absolutely worth it!

Maybe. I didn't read the fine print :)

Are you serious?? I have never ordered from them (and probably never will) but I still read their newsletters to see whats going on. My only hope is that this is just a hard time for them and that business practices will change once they get on the up and up.

Yeppers. Stated so in their latest newsletter. And I do the same as far as keeping up.

What's really funny is that I didn't even realize it, and it's my gif!!! :lol: Selective focus indeed!!! ;)

I never made it past the avatar. I'm still trying to figure out what book that is 4th shelf down with the white spine :smile_002: The gif is super funny though! :lol:

T-Dogz_AK47
01-24-2018, 10:42 PM
What's really funny is that I didn't even realize it, and it's my gif!!! :lol: Selective focus indeed!!! ;)

I never made it past the avatar. I'm still trying to figure out what book that is 4th shelf down with the white spine :smile_002: The gif is super funny though! :lol:

I think it's the Lettered edition of Salem's Lot. If you look real hard, and I mean really hard, you can just make out CD's logo. ;)

Or it might be the S/L of Doctor Sleep.... I'm really not sure.... :unsure: I'll have to take a closer look. :evil:

Brian861
01-25-2018, 06:06 AM

I think it's the Lettered edition of Salem's Lot. If you look real hard, and I mean really hard, you can just make out CD's logo. ;)

Or it might be the S/L of Doctor Sleep.... I'm really not sure.... :unsure: I'll have to take a closer look. :evil:

:rofl: Way to keep on topic ;)

Beverly Marsh
01-26-2018, 05:59 AM
Does anyone know if CD offers the PS anniversary editions? I normally purchase them direct from PS but if CD offers them I'd like to go that route.
If so, will they only be offered to prior purchasers of the anniversary editions through CD?
Sorry, trying to decide when and where to purchase The Tommyknockers.
Thank you!

jsmcmullen92
01-26-2018, 06:08 AM
Does anyone know if CD offers the PS anniversary editions? I normally purchase them direct from PS but if CD offers them I'd like to go that route.
If so, will they only be offered to prior purchasers of the anniversary editions through CD?
Thank you!

I sure hope they do. I might actually get it of CD sells it. PS did not give them copies of the Dave Mckean CK limited but that was limited to only 100 while they did get the trade so let's hope this is different.

That said when are those shipping from CD?

DanHocker
01-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Thank you!

We do get these. Number matching is a bit tricky though as we get the same set of numbers every time from PS, so it's not impossible, but way harder to get a number that isn't in our set of assigned numbers. We typically offer to the people that purchased the previous book first. The only way that wouldn't be offered more widely would be if every single person who purchased the previous title bought the next one, which isn't very likely.

DanHocker
Thank you!

I sure hope they do. I might actually get it of CD sells it. PS did not give them copies of the Dave Mckean CK limited but that was limited to only 100 while they did get the trade so let's hope this is different.

That said when are those shipping from CD?

When are what shipping from us?

Brian James Freeman
Thank you!

Yep, we'll get it listed as soon as Pete confirms we're still getting our usual numbers!

Brian