PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Beverly Marsh
08-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Ordered a Chris Odgers remarque! I cannot wait to see what he comes up with!

AstroDad
08-07-2017, 09:57 AM
The offer came in a little while ago.
Couldn't resist, an ordered both remarques for my Artist Edition.

sk

Anyone get a confirm from Mindy yet? I ordered about 30 min after I got the email (11:47am CT to be exact lol), so I am doing the waiting game to see if I was fast enough to get one of the 25 from Odgers.

Beverly Marsh
08-07-2017, 10:00 AM
The offer came in a little while ago.
Couldn't resist, an ordered both remarques for my Artist Edition.

sk

Anyone get a confirm from Mindy yet? I ordered about 30 min after I got the email (11:47am CT to be exact lol), so I am doing the waiting game to see if I was fast enough to get one of the 25 from Odgers.

I got the confirmation and have paid. I think I replied about 5 minutes after getting the email. Just happened to have my phone in hand at the time.

AstroDad
08-07-2017, 10:10 AM
i just got the sorry, sold out email. That sucks. So if anyone else ordered more than 30 min after the email went out its bad news

C1TIZEN_X
08-07-2017, 10:14 AM
i just got the sorry, sold out email. That sucks. So if anyone else ordered more than 30 min after the email went out its bad news

Are you just talking about the 25 available or the 100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AstroDad
08-07-2017, 10:19 AM
The 25 Odgers.

They offered Glenn instead and I declined. I like Glenn's work, but I prefer to have him do it after the fact. You lose the limitation of the remarque, but gain it being cheaper (actually when you factor in shipping back and forth it might be about the same) and I can choose the remarque after seeing what he did for everyone else. I did that with Carrie and I love that remarque.

Dano
08-07-2017, 10:26 AM
The 25 Odgers.

They offered Glenn instead and I declined. I like Glenn's work, but I prefer to have him do it after the fact. You lose the limitation of the remarque, but gain it being cheaper (actually when you factor in shipping back and forth it might be about the same) and I can choose the remarque after seeing what he did for everyone else. I did that with Carrie and I love that remarque.

Great advice!

Dan

AstroDad
08-07-2017, 10:30 AM
The 25 Odgers.

btw, i believe Brian has said previously that they don't make anything off the remarques when all is said and done. I certainly don't mean to discourage anyone from getting one through CD and hope it isn't taken that way.

Brian James Freeman
08-07-2017, 10:44 AM
The 25 Odgers.

btw, i believe Brian has said previously that they don't make anything off the remarques when all is said and done. I certainly don't mean to discourage anyone from getting one through CD and hope it isn't taken that way.

The artists are free to make whatever deals directly with collectors that they would like to make, so it's all good. :)

Brian

St. Troy
08-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Question for Brian or Dan (and apologies if this has been answered before, or is just a dumb question for my having missed something):

CD's Night Shift product page specifies that it contains nineteen "pieces," but when looking up the contents of Night Shift on stephenking.com, I see 20 titles listed (I don't have my copy at hand to double check its TOC). Is something missing? Or maybe the listing is off?

It's possible that SK's site is wrong, or he listed something twice (I tried to be careful checking, but that's not exactly 100% reliable), or that I somehow otherwise bungled the count, so this is just a question, not an accusation.

Brian James Freeman
08-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Question for Brian or Dan (and apologies if this has been answered before, or is just a dumb question for my having missed something):

CD's Night Shift product page specifies that it contains nineteen "pieces," but when looking up the contents of Night Shift on stephenking.com, I see 20 titles listed (I don't have my copy at hand to double check its TOC). Is something missing? Or maybe the listing is off?

It's possible that SK's site is wrong, or he listed something twice (I tried to be careful checking, but that's not exactly 100% reliable), or that I somehow otherwise bungled the count, so this is just a question, not an accusation.

As with the other books in this set, we are using the sales copy, bio, and author photo from the original Doubleday hardcover -- and I'm still debating what to do with the nineteen vs twenty wording on NIGHT SHIFT. One could rightly say we probably "should" correct that number since we used the corrected wording on 'SALEM'S LOT (Cody vs Callahan)... On the other hand, Doubleday themselves fixed the Callahan mistake. In the end, l suspect I will probably fix it for the final DJ because it will be confusing otherwise -- and most people probably aren't even noticing what we're doing with the DJ flaps, ha!

Brian

St. Troy
08-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks; I can imagine the fallout if something was left out...

dnemec
08-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I am in love with the eyeball picture. It's very retro - reminds me of the Twilight Zone!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-07-2017, 12:53 PM
The 25 Odgers.

Can you post a photo of the Carrie remarque Glenn created for you? I would love to see it! :thumbsup:

AstroDad
08-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Can you post a photo of the Carrie remarque Glenn created for you? I would love to see it! :thumbsup:

sure thing, i loved the pig related ones others got in theirs and just told him i would like one with the pigs, but left the rest up to him.

http://i.imgur.com/yRi0vYr.jpg

T-Dogz_AK47
08-07-2017, 01:15 PM

sure thing, i loved the pig related ones others got in theirs and just told him i would like one with the pigs, but left the rest up to him.

http://i.imgur.com/yRi0vYr.jpg

That is an awesome piece! :clap:

TCCBodhi
08-07-2017, 04:25 PM

I secured both with an email sent 25 minute after the update. Just lucked out since my internet had been out until about 5 minutes before the CD email.

Randall Flagg
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Is this person a book dealer? They seem to have quite a few Shining S/L editions for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/5fatcatzz/m.html?item=332336477149&epid=938675275&hash=item4d60cc33dd%3Ag%3AO2cAAOSwooRZihRk&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

C1TIZEN_X
08-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Is this person a book dealer? They seem to have quite a few Shining S/L editions for sale:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/5fatcatzz/m.html?item=332336477149&epid=938675275&hash=item4d60cc33dd%3Ag%3AO2cAAOSwooRZihRk&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I was going to ask the same thing. Right now he's got 7 AE Shining and 10 GE editions.

DanHocker
08-08-2017, 12:42 PM
I don't think so.

andyg75
08-08-2017, 12:48 PM

I was going to ask the same thing. Right now he's got 7 AE Shining and 10 GE editions.

Due to my joining the collecting game late, I picked up one of each from this seller, which arrived last week. They are legit (I hope... :scared:)

C1TIZEN_X
08-08-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't think so.

Was there a limit to how many AE Shinings you could buy from CD?

T-Dogz_AK47
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I am in love with the eyeball picture. It's very retro - reminds me of the Twilight Zone!

Of the Chris Odgers remarque sheets that were shown in the art preview email, the eyeball picture is definitely my favourite too. :thumbsup:

Brian, Would it be possible to post photos of all 25 Chris Odgers remarque sheets on the forum, in the same fashion as the 50 Don Maitz remarque sheets for The Shining that were posted? I'm sure everybody here would love to see them all... :excited:

I could do the donkey work in creating a thread and posting the pictures on the forum, if you're happy to send me the images?

Randall Flagg
08-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I don't think so.

IIRC, the limit was 1. Official book dealers that CD has a relationship MAY have been allowed more, but that is speculation on my part, so don't quote me.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't think so.

IIRC, the limit was 1. Official book dealers that CD has a relationship MAY have been allowed more, but that is speculation on my part, so don't quote me.

Regarding purchasing multiple copies of The Shining, the CD website stated the following:

Ordering Multiple Copies:
Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order.

I think people were free to order as many copies as they wanted (subject to availability).

C1TIZEN_X
08-08-2017, 01:27 PM
I don't think so.

If my math is correct, he's already sold 15 Gift Edition The Shining's. So, that means he's had 25 Gift and 7+ AE's. Not sure eBay lists all sold books since it doesn't show any AE's being sold by him, yet Andy stated above he purchased one of each. Weird.

Either way, that's a heckuva lot of books to buy. Not that it's a bad thing, just seems odd. Could he be selling the AE's on a consignment like setup? Or, it's a group of people just combining their resources and trying to start a business? That would explain the high number of AE's...Just guessing now :)

Randall Flagg
08-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Regarding purchasing multiple copies of The Shining, the CD website stated the following: Ordering Multiple Copies:
Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order.

That is for the lowest priced (1/3,000) gift edition.

EDIT: I'm not sure about Night Shift and The Shining Artist Editions. There may have been no limit.

I do know that for the King signed Sleeping Beauties, there was a 1 per person limit.
If down the road the seller offers numerous copies of the S/L Sleeping Beauties, that would be weird.

andyg75
08-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I don't think so.

If my math is correct, he's already sold 15 Gift Edition The Shining's. So, that means he's had 25 Gift and 7+ AE's. Not sure eBay lists all sold books since it doesn't show any AE's being sold by him, yet Andy stated above he purchased one of each. Weird.

Either way, that's a heckuva lot of books to buy. Not that it's a bad thing, just seems odd. Could he be selling the AE's on a consignment like setup? Or, it's a group of people just combining their resources and trying to start a business? That would explain the high number of AE's...Just guessing now :)

If it helps at all, I got #4 of the artist edition. I don't know if CD track who orders which numbers...

DanHocker
08-09-2017, 06:01 AM
I don't think so.

Book dealers are allowed more. The limit is usually one, but people often slip through these limitations since the checks have to be done manually.

edit: Also I know exactly who they went to, and it wasn't a book dealer.

Anubis2347
08-09-2017, 06:46 AM
Any word on City of Mirrors? Or a slipcase for the 3 books?

Brian James Freeman
08-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Any word on City of Mirrors? Or a slipcase for the 3 books?

The City of Mirrors should be headed to the printer soon. Once we have a finished copy of the book, we'll send a set of the trilogy to our slipcase maker to work on the sizing template and a quote for the case.

Brian

The Library Policeman
08-09-2017, 09:56 AM
My Shining gift & artist editions arrived today from PS. Beautiful work from CD as ever :thumbsup:

The Library Policeman
08-11-2017, 04:09 AM
I just ordered my Night Shift gift & artist editions from PS Publishing.
It's great that you guys at Cemetery Dance let us do this in the UK. The saving on the shipping practically got me the gift edition for free!
I've ordered all of the Doubleday Years editions this way so far and it's been great so big thanks to CD & PS :thumbsup:

Brian861
08-11-2017, 04:13 AM
It's great that you guys at Cemetery Dance let us do this in the UK. The saving on the shipping practically got me the gift edition for free!
I've ordered all of the Doubleday Years editions this way so far and it's been great so big thanks to CD & PS :thumbsup:

Stop stealing our copies, ya bugger! ;). Seriously though, Congrats, Alan!

The Library Policeman
08-11-2017, 04:17 AM

Stop stealing our copies, ya bugger! ;). Seriously though, Congrats, Alan!

Haha cheers Brian. :D

craigobau
08-11-2017, 07:41 AM

I'll second that! Order Night Shift earlier today.

Thanks CD/PS

mikeC
08-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Are you guys still putting out We are all in this Together?

DanHocker
08-11-2017, 08:01 AM

As far as I'm aware we are. Brian may have more details than I do.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2017, 08:04 AM

Yep, hopefully this winter!

ICry4Oy
08-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Got my copy of Overlook's Dark Tower portfolio yesterday - didn't even recall ordering it since I don't really collect portfolios. DAMN that thing is big! .....that's what he said...

surly
08-11-2017, 10:17 AM
I recall hearing that CD would be publishing an S/L of STRANGE WEATHER but haven't heard anything since. Is the ordering announcement still pending or did I miss it?

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I recall hearing that CD would be publishing an S/L of STRANGE WEATHER but haven't heard anything since. Is the ordering announcement still pending or did I miss it?

Waiting for all of the artwork to be delivered before we announce it officially!

St. Troy
08-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Does CD's Salem's Lot have the same text/contents as the Centipede Press edition? It seems to, based on descriptions I've seen (I only own the CD editiion).

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Does CD's Salem's Lot have the same text/contents as the Centipede Press edition? It seems to, based on descriptions I've seen (I only own the CD editiion).

I believe the afterword by Clive Barker is the main difference in terms of the text, but it's been a while since I worked on the project, so someone else will need to confirm.

Brian

St. Troy
08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Thanks

jsmcmullen92
08-11-2017, 06:06 PM

I believe the afterword by Clive Barker is the main difference in terms of the text, but it's been a while since I worked on the project, so someone else will need to confirm.

BrianWhat about all the formatting issues you guys had to fix? Did CP fix them too or did you guys just get a bum copy?

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2017, 06:42 PM
What about all the formatting issues you guys had to fix? Did CP fix them too or did you guys just get a bum copy?

Our files came from the trade publisher for the "illustrated" reprint edition, so I really don't know. They were the most awful Quark files I've ever sorted through, I do remember that.

Brian

jsmcmullen92
08-11-2017, 06:43 PM
What about all the formatting issues you guys had to fix? Did CP fix them too or did you guys just get a bum copy?

Our files came from the trade publisher for the "illustrated" reprint edition, so I really don't know. They were the most awful Quark files I've ever sorted through, I do remember that.

BrianIIRC that's the trade version of CP's edition but that may be complete assumption on my part. I'm just going of the fact they use the same images

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2017, 06:47 PM

BrianIIRC that's the trade version of CP's edition but that may be complete assumption on my part. I'm just going of the fact they use the same images

Yep, that's always been my assumption. I've never heard how the deal actually happened because it's a pretty unusual situation. After-the-fact Limited Edition includes bonus material, which is then used for a special trade hardcover edition from the trade publisher, essentially.

Brian

Randall Flagg
08-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Brian

Just read a bit about Quark. They killed the goose that laid the golden egg. (https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/quarkxpress-the-demise-of-a-design-desk-darling/)
Working with it must have been migraine inducing.

Brian James Freeman
08-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Just read a bit about Quark. They killed the goose that laid the golden egg. (https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/quarkxpress-the-demise-of-a-design-desk-darling/)

Oh wow, that brought back a lot of memories... none of them very good, ha!

Brian

Brian861
08-13-2017, 11:36 AM
BJF is over on Patreon now as I'm sure most of ya know. If not, Brian James Freeman is creating short stories (https://www.patreon.com/BrianJamesFreeman/posts)

Brian James Freeman
08-13-2017, 05:05 PM
BJF is over on Patreon now as I'm sure most of ya know. If not, Brian James Freeman is creating short stories (https://www.patreon.com/BrianJamesFreeman/posts)

Thank you for mentioning this! I know the usual approach with Patreon is to bug everyone you know until they sign-up or murder you, whichever comes first, but I've been trying to be as low key as possible. Hopefully, if people like the stories, they'll tell a few friends, etc. Thank you again!

Brian

Brian861
08-13-2017, 06:28 PM

Thank you for mentioning this! I know the usual approach with Patreon is to bug everyone you know until they sign-up or murder you, whichever comes first, but I've been trying to be as low key as possible. Hopefully, if people like the stories, they'll tell a few friends, etc. Thank you again!

Brian

You're most welcome. I wasn't sure whether to mention it here or not. Figured easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :). And I think ya have a few friends around these parts.

stroppygoblin
08-14-2017, 03:57 AM
I know the usual approach with Patreon is to bug everyone you know until they sign-up or murder you, whichever comes first

Brian

I'm considering one of the options above Brian. I'll let my decision be a surprise though... :evil:

mikeC
08-15-2017, 06:12 AM

Brian

Man, I hated Quark.

Thanks for posting this RF

becca69
08-15-2017, 06:19 AM

Brian

Man, I hated Quark.

Thanks for posting this RF

I still use Quark. Never did find any love for InDesign - maybe because I never gave it a chance after the first version. I have it but never use it.

mikeC
08-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Were the Mccammon books announced to the pay for a newsletter people first?

DanHocker
08-16-2017, 06:27 AM

If you're talking about the CDC then I believe so.

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2017, 07:00 AM

The Cemetery Dance Collectors Club was emailed on Friday with their exclusive 20% discount.

Then on Monday we emailed anyone who had ordered at least one item in the last year to give them a 24 hour head start. We often do that since we feel those who have ordered directly from us deserve first shot at any books we think we might sell quickly (King, Hill, McCammon, Barker, etc).

By the way, members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club pay for a lot more than a "newsletter." Members receive:

1) Exclusive special offers and discounts sent straight to their inbox for the next 12 months including exclusive discounts on new books, exclusive sales of collectible books we can't offer the general public because we have so few copies, advance notice on new special offers and Limited Editions, and many other deals. (Members often see books that are never offered to the general public)

2) Advance notice of new Cemetery Dance Limited Editions before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price.

3) Advance notice of books from other publishers before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price. (In addition, whenever we only receive 25 or 50 copies of a signed Limited Edition from another publisher, those copies are offered first to the CDCC -- and if all the copies sell, those titles are never offered in the regular newsletter.)

4) Advance notice of special offers such as Grab Bags and other heavily discounted deals.

5) Opportunities to purchase books and other collectibles never offered to the general public. (When we have so few copies of a collectible that it would quickly oversell, we often email JUST the Collectors Club, so those collectors have the opportunity to add something very cool to their collection that we can't offer the general public. Some examples of what we've offered in the past include Stephen King signed Limited Editions, signed and framed Stephen King artwork, books that were Out of Print on publication that we had a few extra copies of in our warehouse, and even some incredible items from private collections that we sold on consignment.)

6) Special MEMBERS ONLY "sneak peek" production updates at unannounced projects

7) Exclusive Bonus Items Produced ONLY For Members... This varies from year to year but items have included exclusive Limited Edition books printed just for members, CD hats, shirts, coffee mugs, and other items of that nature.

C1TIZEN_X
08-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Can't wait to get the email offering memberships.

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2017, 07:20 AM

Only about three weeks away! :)

dnemec
08-16-2017, 07:37 AM

It is totally worth the money!

jsmcmullen92
08-16-2017, 07:41 AM

Do current members get offered membership renewal before it hits general public?

stroppygoblin
08-16-2017, 07:46 AM

The Cemetery Dance Collectors Club was emailed on Friday with their exclusive 20% discount.

Then on Monday we emailed anyone who had ordered at least one item in the last year to give them a 24 hour head start. We often do that since we feel those who have ordered directly from us deserve first shot at any books we think we might sell quickly (King, Hill, McCammon, Barker, etc).

By the way, members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club pay for a lot more than a "newsletter." Members receive:

1) Exclusive special offers and discounts sent straight to their inbox for the next 12 months including exclusive discounts on new books, exclusive sales of collectible books we can't offer the general public because we have so few copies, advance notice on new special offers and Limited Editions, and many other deals. (Members often see books that are never offered to the general public)

2) Advance notice of new Cemetery Dance Limited Editions before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price.

3) Advance notice of books from other publishers before the general public and discounts of up to 30% off the retail price. (In addition, whenever we only receive 25 or 50 copies of a signed Limited Edition from another publisher, those copies are offered first to the CDCC -- and if all the copies sell, those titles are never offered in the regular newsletter.)

4) Advance notice of special offers such as Grab Bags and other heavily discounted deals.

5) Opportunities to purchase books and other collectibles never offered to the general public. (When we have so few copies of a collectible that it would quickly oversell, we often email JUST the Collectors Club, so those collectors have the opportunity to add something very cool to their collection that we can't offer the general public. Some examples of what we've offered in the past include Stephen King signed Limited Editions, signed and framed Stephen King artwork, books that were Out of Print on publication that we had a few extra copies of in our warehouse, and even some incredible items from private collections that we sold on consignment.)

6) Special MEMBERS ONLY "sneak peek" production updates at unannounced projects

7) Exclusive Bonus Items Produced ONLY For Members... This varies from year to year but items have included exclusive Limited Edition books printed just for members, CD hats, shirts, coffee mugs, and other items of that nature.

8 ) Personal attention from Mindy - She will handle all problems on a 24/7 basis, even when she's on holiday.

I can only assume this is a CDCC perk, she can't possibly be doing this for everyone!! :thumbsup: :rose:

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2017, 07:52 AM

Do current members get offered membership renewal before it hits general public?

Yep... and a discount on the next membership, too. :)

Brian

frik
08-16-2017, 08:01 AM

It is totally worth the money!

Most definitely!!! Anyone not joining has no idea what they're missing out on.
Absolutely highest compliments for the CDCC!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sk

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2017, 12:16 PM
I finally had a chance to post a few samples of Erin S Well's interior artwork on the Robert McCammon product pages:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/tales-from-greystone-bay.html
http://www.cemeterydance.com/hell-come-knocking-at-your-door.html

Brian

Randall Flagg
08-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Her art is so cool.

Aronstg
08-16-2017, 12:32 PM
I agree. I love that drawing of the little kid and the witch.

Beverly Marsh
08-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Brian

I was a first timer this year with the half membership and I will be signing up every year from now on. Definitely worth it! Please do a clothing item :)

C1TIZEN_X
08-16-2017, 01:18 PM

Brian

I was a first timer this year with the half membership and I will be signing up every year from now on. Definitely worth it! Please do a clothing item :)

To avoid confusion, I changed my name from jnbball to C1TIZEN_X :)

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program. I've seen a lot of talk about the membership but have never seen anything about what it costs for the yearly membership. Is it the same every year, or does it change depending on what is going to be offered?

Roseannebarr
08-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Brian

To avoid confusion, I changed my name from jnbball to C1TIZEN_X :)

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program. I've seen a lot of talk about the membership but have never seen anything about what it costs for the yearly membership. Is it the same every year, or does it change depending on what is going to be offered?

The price has gone up each year, but we took a survey and i was hoping for less "freebies", I E Hat, Keychain, etc...

JUST A REMINDER 2 years ago current members got a discount, last year we did not. I was hoping you could offer the discount again this year to long term members and charge more for the newbies!!!

TCCBodhi
08-16-2017, 02:18 PM
I was new at the 1/2 Year Offer after passing on it in previous years. The CDCC has simultaneously saved me LOADS of money AND broken the bank! My husband is starting to look at me crosseyed when he sees another CD box coming in. My only saving grace is that I get to say that everything is 1/2 Price since I stocked up on the CDCC Gift Certificate sale.....let's just not tell him about how much I spent on those gift certificates!

I'm looking forward to being in for the entire year from now on!

dnemec
08-16-2017, 02:34 PM
I was new at the 1/2 Year Offer after passing on it in previous years. The CDCC has simultaneously saved me LOADS of money AND broken the bank! My husband is starting to look at me crosseyed when he sees another CD box coming in. My only saving grace is that I get to say that everything is 1/2 Price since I stocked up on the CDCC Gift Certificate sale.....let's just not tell him about how much I spent on those gift certificates!

I'm looking forward to being in for the entire year from now on!

It DOES work that way, doesn't it?! When the insurance company said they were totaling my car, one of the things my boyfriend asked was: "When we go to the buy another one, do you think they'll take CD credit?!" :blush:

webstar1000
08-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Her art is so cool.

Soooo good. I agree!

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2017, 07:30 PM

The pricing history of the CDCC:

CDCC 1: $99
CDCC 2: $99
CDCC 3: $99
CDCC 4: $119
CDCC 5: $119
CDCC 6: $119
CDCC 7: $119

But as was noted above, we recently sent a survey to current members of the CDCC 7 (full year only since the questions were most relevant to them) about what we could change, improve, etc, for the CDCC 8.

One of the questions was something like, "If we could reduce the price of the membership, but to do so we had to eliminate all of the exclusive bonus items except for the exclusive Limited Edition book, would that appeal to you?"

The exclusive bonus items like shirts, artwork, etc, are FUN, but they are create a bit of a drag on our production process -- when we're working on getting a short story for the t-shirt, we're NOT working on a book or the magazine, etc. But we know people DO really like the items when they finally arrive, so we're reading all of the answers carefully before making any decisions.

Technically, the CDCC is not refundable, but I think everyone who posts here knows better than that... if you decide to give it a try this year, and a month into it you're not liking any of the specials or you have a change of heart, you know you can just email me and we'll figure something out. The last thing we'd want to do is keep emailing you for another 11 months and have each email remind you that you're not digging the club. ;)

Brian

P.S. I have one other idea for the exclusive bonus items for the CDCC 8, in terms of how to balance them and the cost of the club, but I need to see what everyone else in the office thinks. It's just an idea.

P.P.S. Don't worry if none of the above makes sense, ALL of the details about what the CDCC 8 involves WILL be in the announcement and on the product page. :)

Ben Staad
08-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Love the art. Erin does wonderful work.

I finally had a chance to post a few samples of Erin S Well's interior artwork on the Robert McCammon product pages:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/tales-from-greystone-bay.html
http://www.cemeterydance.com/hell-come-knocking-at-your-door.html

Brian

herbertwest
08-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Just to be sure that I am not mistaken, King isn't signing the lettered NIGHT SHIFT right? The same way that he didn't sign THE SHINING.
The last signed lettered was THINNER?

DanHocker
08-17-2017, 07:02 AM
Just to be sure that I am not mistaken, King isn't signing the lettered NIGHT SHIFT right? The same way that he didn't sign THE SHINING.

Correct about Night Shift. The last book from us (that is out) that he singed was The Dark Man limited and lettered editions. There where also one or two other things which he signed but weren't specifically Stephen King books. I believe he signed the lettered and artist editions of Centuries Best and I believe he signed one of the editions of The Big Book of Necon, though I can't remember where the publication of these two books fell in relation to The Dark Man.

webstar1000
08-17-2017, 07:12 AM

Correct about Night Shift. The last book from us (that is out) that he singed was The Dark Man limited and lettered editions. There where also one or two other things which he signed but weren't specifically Stephen King books. I believe he signed the lettered and artist editions of Centuries Best and I believe he signed one of the editions of The Big Book of Necon, though I can't remember where the publication of these two books fell in relation to The Dark Man.

I know you guys are working hard to get him to sign Pet Cemetery though. lol Reallllllllllllllly will bring the set together!

frik
08-17-2017, 07:53 AM

Thinner was from PSPublishing.
After Thinner, King signed the lettered Skeleton Crew, also from PS.
Upcoming: the lettered 'Salem's Lot, also signed by king, also from PS.
Lettered Night Shift next - not signed by King - yet.

sk

Randall Flagg
08-17-2017, 10:54 AM
I believe GBB, and Sleeping Beauties S/L and lettered will be signed by King.

webstar1000
08-17-2017, 10:54 AM

They are for sure. As they were sold that way:)

DanHocker
08-18-2017, 06:30 AM

Correct. I was mostly just listing books that have already been published.

TCCBodhi
08-21-2017, 01:28 PM
I didn't see anything in the official updates about the GBB signed deluxe. Is there a currentstatus and/or estimated shipping date that can be shared?

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
I didn't see anything in the official updates about the GBB signed deluxe. Is there a currentstatus and/or estimated shipping date that can be shared?

Everything is ready for the printer and will send sent as soon as the signature sheets are back. I'll post an update when that happens. :)

Brian

Merlin1958
08-21-2017, 01:36 PM

Everything is ready for the printer and will send sent as soon as the signature sheets are back. I'll post an update when that happens. :)

Brian

Wasn't this a scheduled May/June delivery? Just curious is all. Tough to get the signators on the same page, I'm sure.

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2017, 01:40 PM

Brian

Wasn't this a scheduled May/June delivery? Just curious is all. Tough to get the signators on the same page, I'm sure.

Never promised that, not in a million years. :panic:

Brian

Merlin1958
08-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Brian

Never promised that, not in a million years.

Brian

My bad. Memory is not so reliable these days!!! LOL You guys will get it done I'm sure!!!

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2017, 01:52 PM
My bad. Memory is not so reliable these days!!! LOL You guys will get it done I'm sure!!!

My memory is terrible, but luckily I do remember when we promise something truly insane because that makes my hair gray and keeps me awake at night!! :eek:

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2017, 01:53 PM
I *do* have the finished COINS for the GWENDY Limited Edition and Lettered Edition, which will also serve as each book's Numbering/Lettering designation (making each coin/book set unique -- book #1 gets coin #1, etc). They're very cool. I wonder if I should have tried buying something with one of them during the eclipse. Who knows, right?

Brian

TCCBodhi
08-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the update Brian. It'll take as long as it takes, and it's always worth the wait. Keep knocking them outta the park!

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 01:57 PM
GBB eclipse coin:

http://www.emoji.co.uk/files/microsoft-emojis/symbols-windows10/10296-medium-black-circle.png

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2017, 05:55 PM
For anyone who has been hoping we'll do another artwork portfolio like we did for IT, I hope you liked the artwork we've posted for SLEEPING BEAUTIES... details to come later this year when it's closer to publication, but I'm very excited about this one!

Brian

Jimimck
08-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Well that sealed the deal, looks like I'm buying the gift edition Sleeping Beauties and art portfolio some day!

MLG
08-21-2017, 08:59 PM
For anyone who has been hoping we'll do another artwork portfolio like we did for IT, I hope you liked the artwork we've posted for SLEEPING BEAUTIES... details to come later this year when it's closer to publication, but I'm very excited about this one!

Brian

Fantastic!

shaq
08-22-2017, 12:49 AM
Dont normally buy the portfolios and regret it now, so tgis is on my list of to buy.

Hopefully match to my book.

jsmcmullen92
08-22-2017, 10:06 AM

Brian

Well shit now I want to know how many there are going to be so I can email Mindy and request a low enough number to match a portfolio...

drain74
08-22-2017, 09:22 PM

Brian

Well shit now I want to know how many there are going to be so I can email Mindy and request a low enough number to match a portfolio...

Once I had ordered Sleeping Beauties I requested the same number as I have been getting with the Doubleday books. Mindy has added the request and will do their best. It is a low enough number that I should be able to match with the art work.

Brian James Freeman
08-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Posted edited because we have plenty of help for the project now, thank you!

Brian861
08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Does anyone here know any anal retentive Stephen King collectors?

Something about a bear in the woods comes to mind :orely:

dnemec
08-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Hey Brian, will we be able to order PS Publishing's new Colorado Kid through CD? Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
08-25-2017, 07:23 AM
Hey Brian, will we be able to order PS Publishing's new Colorado Kid through CD? Thanks!

I haven't heard back from Pete yet, but I'm 99% sure we will have copies headed our way.

dnemec
08-25-2017, 07:30 AM

I haven't heard back from Pete yet, but I'm 99% sure we will have copies headed our way.

Great!! I figured, so I haven't ordered yet. Thank you!

jsmcmullen92
08-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Perfect you can ignore my email then :)

allasorte
08-25-2017, 12:38 PM

Great!! I figured, so I haven't ordered yet. Thank you!

Keep us posted please as I am on the fence on picking this one up. :)

Beverly Marsh
08-25-2017, 01:04 PM
I *do* have the finished COINS for the GWENDY Limited Edition and Lettered Edition, which will also serve as each book's Numbering/Lettering designation (making each coin/book set unique -- book #1 gets coin #1, etc). They're very cool. I wonder if I should have tried buying something with one of them during the eclipse. Who knows, right?

Brian

I love the corresponding number idea! Can't wait to see these!

wolfehr
08-25-2017, 01:27 PM

Brian

I love the corresponding number idea! Can't wait to see these!

+1 LOVE the idea

DoctorZaius
08-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Very excited for this one Brian!

Randall Flagg
08-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Just noticed that this thread has over 1 million views, and almost 17,000 posts!

stroppygoblin
08-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Just noticed that this thread has over 1 million views, and almost 17,000 posts!

Yeah, I think most of those views is probably me...:cry:

Brian861
08-27-2017, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I think most of those views is probably me...:cry:

You aren't alone....

Roseannebarr
08-27-2017, 04:34 PM

Brian
I was the unofficial millionth viewer and the 17000 poster. Do I win an arc of sleeping beauty? Please.

jsmcmullen92
08-28-2017, 04:51 AM

Brian
I was the unofficial millionth viewer and the 17000 poster. Do I win an arc of sleeping beauty? Please.

Since this is only post 16862 I think you are automatically disqualified from the running. :D

Roseannebarr
08-28-2017, 04:53 AM

Brian

Since this is only post 16862 I think you are automatically disqualified from the running. :D

Lol. I did qualify as almost. ��

ICry4Oy
08-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Are "Hearts in Suspension" and "Charlie the Choo Choo" slipcases still on track to ship this week?

webstar1000
08-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Are "Hearts in Suspension" and "Charlie the Choo Choo" slipcases still on track to ship this week?

I still need a Choo Choo case! Hope there is a few extras:)

bdwyer19
08-28-2017, 12:19 PM

I still need a Choo Choo case! Hope there is a few extras:)

Hoping for extra Hearts in Suspension slipcases.

DanHocker
08-28-2017, 12:53 PM

I'm not sure that they where ever on track to ship this week. Or I should say I don't remember promising that they'd ship this week. They are here and in my list of things to ship.

So right now that list is as follows:

Early Readers Club (may have been called something else)
Dinged Grab Bags
Hearts in Suspension Slipcases
Charlie Slipcases

The ERC shouldn't take too long, but there where a substantial number of dinged grab bags and those always take awhile to put together. I would guess the absolute earliest we'd start on the Hearts cases would be the end of next week.

becca69
08-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Gone Girl Lettered? (I sound like a broken record, I know)

Joe315
08-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Gone Girl Lettered? (I sound like a broken record, I know)

From the CD forum on the 21st:

They're here. Been here for a little bit, just haven't had a place to work them into the schedule with all the Shining / Gwendy madness. Hopefully soon, but it's hard to say since all my "summer" help has dried up now.

ICry4Oy
08-28-2017, 08:09 PM

I'm not sure that they where ever on track to ship this week. Or I should say I don't remember promising that they'd ship this week. They are here and in my list of things to ship.

So right now that list is as follows:

Early Readers Club (may have been called something else)
Dinged Grab Bags
Hearts in Suspension Slipcases
Charlie Slipcases

The ERC shouldn't take too long, but there where a substantial number of dinged grab bags and those always take awhile to put together. I would guess the absolute earliest we'd start on the Hearts cases would be the end of next week.

Sweet! ...and you didn't promise, I was just going by the CD updates. Since it said shipping in August and this the last week of August, well...:

Other Items and Books From Other Publishers:

Hearts in Suspension by Stephen King trade hardcover slipcase:
This slipcase is in production and will be shipping in August 2017.
Charlie the Choo Choo by Stephen King trade hardcover slipcase:
This slipcase is in production and will be shipping in August 2017.

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Sweet! ...and you didn't promise, I was just going by the CD updates. Since it said shipping in August and this the last week of August, well...:

Yeah, that seemed a lot more likely before we spent a week reorganizing the storage warehouse. :doh:

ICry4Oy
08-28-2017, 08:43 PM

Yeah, that seemed a lot more likely before we spent a week reorganizing the storage warehouse. :doh:

I'd have been more than happy to help with that! ...and bring a uhaul along...

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Fun Fact: if your name is hyphenated, our stupid order management software thinks you are a brand new customer EVERY time you place an order. Ugh. I swear the company that makes the software is just messing with me at this point! :onfire:

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Anyone want to see a photo of the big stack of paper called SLEEPING BEAUTIES that I just sent out for one final proofread?

Brian

Roseannebarr
08-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Anyone want to see a photo of the big stack of paper called SLEEPING BEAUTIES that I just sent out for one final proofread?

Brian

Yes please, better yet just send it to my house and i will proofread it for you!!!!

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 09:43 AM
A lot of trees will pay the ultimate price for this book to see print...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/updates/SleepingBeautiesStack.jpg

Brian

The Library Policeman
08-29-2017, 09:44 AM

Brian

OK. You twisted our arm :evil:

webstar1000
08-29-2017, 09:51 AM

Brian

Will this be your largest King S/L Brian to date?

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 09:56 AM

At 668 pages, SLEEPING BEAUTIES lands in second place. :)

Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Man...that thing is a BEAST :thumbsup:

herbertwest
08-29-2017, 11:52 AM

At 668 pages, SLEEPING BEAUTIES lands in second place. :)

Brian

If I remember correctly, the Hodder version is up to 710 pages

Randall Flagg
08-29-2017, 12:57 PM
Brian, I feel your pain on the software.

Randall-Flagg

TCCBodhi
08-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Fun Fact: if your name is hyphenated, our stupid order management software thinks you are a brand new customer EVERY time you place an order. Ugh. I swear the company that makes the software is just messing with me at this point! :onfire:

Brian

Hmm..... Who are you talking about?! Sorry! I worked HARD for that hyphen. Texas sure didn't want to give it to me easily or cheaply, but if it makes your software (and Mindy) happier, I can sacrifice it. Medicare can't handle it either, so you're in distinguised(?) company.

Seth Gowans-Savage

dnemec
08-29-2017, 03:42 PM

Brian

It's beautiful!

Patrick
08-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Send it to me to profread, Brain. You know I'm a good reader with an eye for detial.

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Send it to me to profread, Brain. You know I'm a good reader with an eye for detial.

:clap:

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2017, 07:35 PM

Brian

Hmm..... Who are you talking about?! Sorry! I worked HARD for that hyphen. Texas sure didn't want to give it to me easily or cheaply, but if it makes your software (and Mindy) happier, I can sacrifice it. Medicare can't handle it either, so you're in distinguised(?) company.

Seth Gowans-Savage

Just wait until we figure out how to accept Medicare payments for books!

Brian

TCCBodhi
08-29-2017, 09:43 PM

Brian

That would be dangerous indeed! LOL!

Room 217 Caretaker
08-30-2017, 03:09 AM

Brian

Forget Medicare, just except vital organs.

There you go Brian, an idea for a short story.....A publishing house that creates books so expensive but very much desired and prefers vital organs as payment.

Mulleins

Cwalker
08-30-2017, 05:21 AM

Brian

There you go Brian, an idea for a short story.....A publishing house that creates books so expensive but very much desired and prefers vital organs as payment.

Mulleins

As long as it includes a plot twist revealing that they don't actually have to be your vital organs....

Room 217 Caretaker
08-30-2017, 06:00 AM

Brian

Mulleins

As long as it includes a plot twist revealing that they don't actually have to be your vital organs....

Exactly! :evil:

Tommy
08-30-2017, 06:18 AM

Brian

Mulleins

I'll sell my vital organ for that unbound proof. :dance: Oh who am I kidding? I can't give it away these days. :cry:

Br!an
08-30-2017, 01:40 PM

Brian

Mulleins

Great idea! When's the pre-order?

Brian861
08-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Just wait until we figure out how to accept Medicare payments for books! Brian

Well, it is truly a sickness, this collecting thing. So it qualifies!

Randall Flagg
08-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Great idea! When's the pre-order?

They are working on it. They have anticipated the difficult part-people requesting matching (#) organs.

herbertwest
09-02-2017, 02:35 AM
I recently recieved from PS Publishing my SHINING GIft edition from CD.
I just wanted to voice some details that bugs me a bit :
- The summary :
o I would have slightly separated all the bonus from the rest.
o Shouldnt the afterword being mentionned that it's by Mick Garris? Especially that the manuscript is mentionned by Jon Page
o Isnt AFTER THE PLAY also from the manuscript?
- In the book itself : exclusive bonus scan is separated from the book, but the other bonus (including the afterword), isnt. I personally think that the manuscript for instance would have deserved a title page, especially given that there are some empty pages at the end.

Still a pretty good book, and thank you all that worked on it and the efforts to include the bonus !

Brian James Freeman
09-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Brian

herbertwest
09-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Can someone please help me finding out how many illustrations are behind the following CD editions?

CD Doubleday editions :
- CARRIE, artist : Tomislav Tikulin
- SALEM'S LOT, artist : David Palumbo
- SHINING, artist : Don Maitz
- NIGHTSHIFT COLLECTION, artist : Mark Stutzman and Chris Odgers

Other recent books :
- GWENDY's BUTTON BOX, artist : Keith Minnion
- SLEEPING BEAUTIES, artist : Jana Heidersdorf

Thanks !

Randall Flagg
09-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Clive Barker, Richard Chizmar, More: READING STEPHEN KING (2017) **ARC/Proof (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clive-Barker-Richard-Chizmar-More-READING-STEPHEN-KING-2017-ARC-Proof-/162659479046?hash=item25df42ae06:g:6MYAAOSwlnZZrZk l)

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/6MYAAOSwlnZZrZkl/s-l225.jpg

webstar1000
09-06-2017, 10:57 AM
How many went for the Beauties artwork portfolio? I had too... IT was so well done that I was all about it. Problem now becomes... matching your number I am told. They are only producing the amount that was presold by the sounds of it.

somekindofstranger
09-06-2017, 11:32 AM
How many went for the Beauties artwork portfolio? I had too... IT was so well done that I was all about it. Problem now becomes... matching your number I am told. They are only producing the amount that was presold by the sounds of it.

I will be

The Library Policeman
09-06-2017, 11:34 AM

Has it been announced, Kris?

webstar1000
09-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Has it been announced, Kris?

Yes. I got an email BUT it never said not to share or talk about it. I got one:)

bdwyer19
09-06-2017, 11:54 AM
I also got the email, and will be ordering one. Hopefully the numbers match!

The Library Policeman
09-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys. :)

ELazansky
09-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I'll probably order one as long as I can match my book number, although I don't know if the portfolio will have the same demand that IT does

stroppygoblin
09-06-2017, 01:49 PM
There were 2 emails. A CDCC advance one and a more general one a few days later

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2017, 01:54 PM
There were 2 emails. A CDCC advance one and a more general one a few days later

CDCC and Sleeping Beauties customers so far, yep. A more general SK list will be notified soon, and then we'll send out to the big newsletter after that!

Brian

stroppygoblin
09-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Apologies Brian, I assumed the second was the wider email.

The Library Policeman
09-06-2017, 02:04 PM
A good friend in the USA ordered my S/L for me which probably explains why I never got the email!

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Apologies Brian, I assumed the second was the wider email.

No worries at all!

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-06-2017, 03:16 PM
A helpful hint - If the numbers don't match an ink eraser works remarkably well and then you can write any number you desire in the cleared spot!

Tommy
09-06-2017, 03:20 PM
A helpful hint - If the numbers don't match an ink eraser works remarkably well and then you can write any number you desire in the cleared spot!

Or ship them un-numbered and trust a bunch of collectors to number them themselves. :evil:

dnemec
09-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Brian, I ordered the S/L, no particular number. How do I go about getting my portfolio number to match? Or is the answer: email Mindy? :P

jsmcmullen92
09-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Brian, I ordered the S/L, no particular number. How do I go about getting my portfolio number to match? Or is the answer: email Mindy? :P

I just emailed Mindy and she made it happen!

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2017, 05:29 PM

Mindy is marking orders with requests, but I think we'll also be emailing everyone with some instructions/information once we see how many we sell.

Brian

Tommy
09-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Hey Brian, will CD be getting the last Little Book from Borderlands?

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Yep, should have the page live later this week!

Tommy
09-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Yep, should have the page live later this week!

Cool, thanks!

Lookwhoitis
09-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Mindy is marking orders with requests, but I think we'll also be emailing everyone with some instructions/information once we see how many we sell.

Brian

I'm getting ready to get ran over by the hurricane, is this going to sell out soon, or do i have some time?
(i have similar situation with the OP)

C1TIZEN_X
09-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Brian

I'm getting ready to get ran over by the hurricane, is this going to sell out soon, or do i have some time?

I think the CD website says two weeks.

Brian James Freeman
09-07-2017, 06:30 PM

Brian

No worries about ordering, you have two weeks or so, and I'm sure we'll make some accommodations for those who have real life get in the way. It happens and we wouldn't want someone missing out because of something like that.

And then the email about matching numbers won't be sent until October, I bet. We have things to get in order first!

(Good luck with the hurricane! Mother Nature sure seems pissed lately!)

Brian

webstar1000
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Are all CD's traycase's made by hand or machine Brian? Just curious is all:) thanks

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Are all CD's traycase's made by hand or machine Brian? Just curious is all:) thanks

Depends on the size of the run and the vendor! Many are made by hand, which causes some of the delays.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
09-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Hey Brian,

Do you have a guess as to when the Strange Weather S/L might be announced? Just curious as I'm trying to budget for it and the book releases next month....

Thanks in advance :)

Brian James Freeman
09-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Hey Brian,

Do you have a guess as to when the Strange Weather S/L might be announced? Just curious as I'm trying to budget for it and the book releases next month....

Thanks in advance :)

I'd love to have the third and fourth color pieces of artwork before we announce, but I think Rich wants to announce this month or next. Our edition won't be out until 2018 due to some of the logistics involved, though. It's going to be awesome! :)

Brian

jsweet
09-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Has CD received/shipped its copies of Dark Hallows II? Was looking back through my old orders and I don't think I ever got it.

Brian James Freeman
09-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Has CD received/shipped its copies of Dark Hallows II? Was looking back through my old orders and I don't think I ever got it.

I feel like I saw a big pile of those on Richard's desk for signing. Dan will confirm! This could be a false memory from a visit to a different level of the office... I mean tower... I mean office...

Brian

somekindofstranger
09-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Are any further anne rice editions planned?
I missed interview (so will keep my eye out on the secondary market!) but wondered if any more of the series were likely?

TCCBodhi
09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Yes, I would LOVE to see at least the first 3 books covered. I'm not sure about wanting ALL of them, but I have a hard time faulting those early ones.

Brian James Freeman
09-12-2017, 04:21 PM
I missed interview (so will keep my eye out on the secondary market!) but wondered if any more of the series were likely?

Not sure where we might go from here, but I'll have a better idea next year, I think!

becca69
09-12-2017, 04:33 PM

Not sure where we might go from here, but I'll have a better idea next year, I think!

I too would love to have the full set of Vampire Chronicles as well as the Mayfair Witches!

Randall Flagg
09-12-2017, 05:07 PM
When are you announcing King's 2018 S/L?

zachip
09-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Brian, any news about Strain's 3rd book order page?

Beverly Marsh
09-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Forgot to mention earlier that I met Richard Chizmar at the IT premiere in Bangor last week(some other writer dude was there as well)and it was a pleasure! Nice guy and his son Billy is one of the nicest teenagers I've ever encountered(and that's saying A LOT). We had a nice chat and there was much brain picking I wanted to do but I kept it brief since it was his personal time. He seems like the type of guy that wouldn't have minded though. CD does have the best crew and they truly appreciate their customers!
(we'll forget the O's t-shirt Billy caught hell for ;) )

Brian James Freeman
09-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Brian, any news about Strain's 3rd book order page?

Not yet, but it'll be available for preorder when everything is READY for the printer. Less wait between ordering and shipping this time!

Brian

webstar1000
09-13-2017, 08:31 AM
hey Brian, did there turn out to be any Choo Choo cases left?

DanHocker
09-13-2017, 09:12 AM

Probably. I don't actually know for sure yet. I haven't actually been able to get to them in the shipping queue yet, sooo many projects showing up at once. That said they are next, so we should be shipping those next week.

Fsmdr
09-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Any update on the S/L Gwendy's Button Box? Thanks

Brian James Freeman
09-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Any update on the S/L Gwendy's Button Box? Thanks

Starting at the printer later this month!

Brian

webstar1000
09-13-2017, 10:21 AM

Probably. I don't actually know for sure yet. I haven't actually been able to get to them in the shipping queue yet, sooo many projects showing up at once. That said they are next, so we should be shipping those next week.

Awesome Dan. Save me a couple good buddy:)

Lookwhoitis
09-13-2017, 04:13 PM

I too would love to have the full set of Vampire Chronicles as well as the Mayfair Witches!

seconded

Brian861
09-13-2017, 04:22 PM
When are you announcing King's 2018 S/L?

'19 :)

Forgot to mention earlier that I met Richard Chizmar at the IT premiere in Bangor last week(some other writer dude was there as well)and it was a pleasure! Nice guy and his son Billy is one of the nicest teenagers I've ever encountered(and that's saying A LOT). We had a nice chat and there was much brain picking I wanted to do but I kept it brief since it was his personal time. He seems like the type of guy that wouldn't have minded though. CD does have the best crew and they truly appreciate their customers!
(we'll forget the O's t-shirt Billy caught hell for ;) )

That's really cool, Bev!

Br!an
09-14-2017, 12:01 PM
It sucks not having an internet connection - curse you, Irma - when art portfolios are released. :cry:

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Stephen King at 70 special feature on EW.com this week:

http://ew.com/books/2017/09/18/stephen-king-at-70-cemetery-dance-richard-chizmar/

Brian

Randall Flagg
09-18-2017, 10:36 AM
That's a fantastic appreciation.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Ever think about doing a special lettered edition using the 20 letters beyond 'Z' that Doctor Seuss came up with?

bdwyer19
09-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Ever think about doing a special lettered edition using the 20 letters beyond 'Z' that Doctor Seuss came up with?

That would be awesome! I'd request either letter Yuzz or Vroo!

DanHocker
09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
For those that wanted to order any extra Charlie The Choo Choo slipcases, we definitely have extras. Brian has put it back on the site. Here's the link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/slipcase-for-charlie-the-choo-choo.html

C1TIZEN_X
09-18-2017, 01:05 PM
For those that wanted to order any extra Charlie The Choo Choo slipcases, we definitely have extras. Brian has put it back on the site. Here's the link:

Will this fit the U.K. and U. S. versions?

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2017, 01:19 PM

Will this fit the U.K. and U. S. versions?

I've lost track of all of the versions of the book at this point, but this slipcase was specifically sized with the US version from S&S if that helps.

Brian

burial
09-18-2017, 01:29 PM

And what about extra slipcases for "Gwendy's Button Box"?

DanHocker
09-18-2017, 01:35 PM

Those are still in production, so I don't know. Charlie cases should start shipping on Wednesday and Hearts In Suspension cases should be after that.

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2017, 01:47 PM

GWENDY cases are supposed to be finished by the end of this week, so we'll know about extras later this month. The slipcase maker fell behind schedule on these for some reason, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I padded the counts because I knew people would want a case for their Nocturnal Reader Box book, so there SHOULD be extras, but we have to wait until they are here to be safe.

(Those who have been around forever probably remember the time someone working for a freight company put the forks of a forklift *through* a pallet of slipcases... Sigh...)

Brian

Randall Flagg
09-18-2017, 02:38 PM
At the risk of being seen as a sycophant, Brian James Freeman gives good book...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1505774164-Reading%20SK%20arc%20front.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1505774174-Reading%20SK%20arc%20rear.JPG

Brian861
09-18-2017, 02:40 PM
I've heard that about him :orely:

sentinel
09-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Hey Brian,
I know you folks deal with 1000's of orders for all your products but isn't there some way to track orders to combine shipping?
I'd like another Charlie Choo choo case but shipping is half the price of the book! Couldn't it be combined with the other one I have ordered already?
thanks much!

allasorte
09-18-2017, 05:50 PM

Those are still in production, so I don't know. Charlie cases should start shipping on Wednesday and Hearts In Suspension cases should be after that.

Would it be better for you at CD to ship these items together if a buyer, me, purchased both?

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Hey Brian,
I know you folks deal with 1000's of orders for all your products but isn't there some way to track orders to combine shipping?
I'd like another Charlie Choo choo case but shipping is half the price of the book! Couldn't it be combined with the other one I have ordered already?
thanks much!

Definitely email Mindy if you want to add another copy to your existing order that hasn't shipped yet because she can do that manually for you! order@cemeterydance.com

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-18-2017, 06:57 PM
Would it be better for you at CD to ship these items together if a buyer, me, purchased both?

If they were ordered on the same order, absolutely.

For items ordered separate orders that arrive at the warehouse at the same time, we still can't do anything to combine packages/orders for one shipment, which sucks because it would be very helpful!

Brian

Brian861
09-19-2017, 09:48 AM
:excited::rock:

stroppygoblin
09-19-2017, 10:22 AM
At the risk of being seen as a sycophant, Brian James Freeman gives good book...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1505774164-Reading%20SK%20arc%20front.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1505774174-Reading%20SK%20arc%20rear.JPG

Very much looking forward to my lettered copy... :drool:

jsweet
09-19-2017, 10:35 AM
:excited::rock:

What he said :)

Brian James Freeman
09-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Very much looking forward to my lettered copy... :drool:

Hey, same here! ;) There was a delay at the printer, the books should have been done by now, but we only just received the cover binding approvals a few weeks ago, so now I'm hoping for October. Here is the binding for the Limited Edition:

https://i1.wp.com/www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_9227.jpg?w=500

Brian

Brian861
09-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Who does your nails :smile_002:

Randall Flagg
09-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Who does your nails :smile_002:
Mindy???

tippy4
09-19-2017, 02:36 PM

Any update on the Hearts in Suspension slipcases?

MLG
09-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Update from Cemetery Dance Web Page:

SLIPCASE for Hearts in Suspension by Stephen King trade:
The slipcases are now done and will be shipping in September 2017.

sentinel
09-19-2017, 04:17 PM
Hey Brian,
thanks much!

Definitely email Mindy if you want to add another copy to your existing order that hasn't shipped yet because she can do that manually for you! order@cemeterydance.com

Brian

Thanks!

webstar1000
09-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Got a choo choo. Thanks all

DanHocker
09-20-2017, 08:20 AM

Update from Cemetery Dance Web Page:

SLIPCASE for Hearts in Suspension by Stephen King trade:
The slipcases are now done and will be shipping in September 2017.

Yea I thought I posted that as well, but if I didn't, we're working on Charlie The Choo Choo cases now, Hearts in Suspension is next. I'm hoping these Charlie cases don't take too long so it should be next week for Hearts.

Patrick
09-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Stephen King at 70 special feature on EW.com this week:

http://ew.com/books/2017/09/18/stephen-king-at-70-cemetery-dance-richard-chizmar/

Brian

I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for the heads up.

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2017, 09:05 AM
STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/strange-weather.html

best,
Brian

St. Troy
09-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Not to be "that guy," but...familiar-sounding title for a collection of 4 short novels?

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2017, 01:15 PM
STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

best,
Brian

Both editions now 95% sold out and we expect the rest to be gone tonight or by tomorrow AM!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2017, 02:01 PM
STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

best,
Brian

Both editions now 95% sold out and we expect the rest to be gone tonight or by tomorrow AM!

Brian

Limited Edition now sold out.

Brian861
09-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Congrats on another sell out, CD gang!

Brian James Freeman
09-26-2017, 07:19 AM
The Publishers Weekly review for THE HANDYMAN by Bentley Little is a good one:

"Little wraps a fascinating supernatural mystery in a suffocating cocoon of horror. Daniel Martin is a typical Southern California kid in the 1980s, until his parents decide to purchase a vacation home in rural Arizona. Their new house will be constructed from a prefab kit—and the strange handyman across the street offers to build it for a low price. Little do Daniel and his innocent family realize that everyone who comes into contact with weird and evil Frank Watkins meets malevolence sooner or later. After Frank moves away, the corpse of a child is found in the basement of his old home. Shortly thereafter, Daniel's brother dies gruesomely. And that's just the beginning. As the story unfolds, readers see that the evil Frank causes has popped up across the country and over decades. With each taut chapter, Little skillfully reels in the reader, climaxing in an oddly believable paranormal finale. Little's horrifying tale will entice even readers who are not fans of the genre, and stay with them for a long time to come."

http://www.cemeterydance.com/the-handyman.html

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/little193D_428x540.jpg

frik
09-26-2017, 07:57 AM

best,
Brian

Brian

Limited Edition now sold out.

Lettered as well!! :dance:

sk

Brian861
09-26-2017, 08:21 AM
You are killing me, CDCC! Make it stop! :cry:

Beverly Marsh
09-27-2017, 06:20 PM
CTCC and Hearts slipcases shipped!
Speaking of slipcases....did I miss out on a Sleeping Beauties one Brian? I don't see them on the website anymore...

Congrats on the sell out! I knew that wouldn't take long.
And to The Handyman. Looking forward to it!

Brian James Freeman
09-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Speaking of slipcases....did I miss out on a Sleeping Beauties one Brian? I don't see them on the website anymore..

I took it off the site earlier today when we placed our order with our slipcase maker, but if you still need one, just shoot an email Mindy's way! order@cemeterydance.com

Beverly Marsh
09-27-2017, 06:26 PM
Great! Thank you. :)

stroppygoblin
09-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Speaking of slipcases....did I miss out on a Sleeping Beauties one Brian? I don't see them on the website anymore..

I took it off the site earlier today when we placed our order with our slipcase maker, but if you still need one, just shoot an email Mindy's way! order@cemeterydance.com

Does it fit the UK edition? I need about 40! :dance:

That was rhetorical humour btw, I know it doesn't fit the UK version....

Brian861
09-28-2017, 02:09 AM

Does it fit the UK edition? I need about 40! :dance:

That was rhetorical humour btw, I know it doesn't fit the UK version....

They never do :cry: Thank goodness for Jeff! Or maybe not LOL. He's definitely the Crack dealer of slipcases in my regard. Two on order with CD in hopes that one will someday contain a signed copy from the tour. The other being an inscribed copy from Owen.

Tony Two-Cent
09-28-2017, 04:39 AM
My Charlie the Choo-Choo slipcase arrived yesterday. It is wonderful. :smile:

https://image.ibb.co/kfosok/Charlie_Slipcase.jpg

stroppygoblin
09-28-2017, 06:30 AM
Sweet! I got my shipping notice, but will be a while before I have them in hand - thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Brian861
09-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Nice!

shaq
09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Very nice

Brian861
09-29-2017, 06:23 AM
From Brian's Patreon site:

As my supporters here on Patreon already know, I have a new short story collection coming out in 2018 called WALKING WITH GHOSTS, which will feature 28 of my stories (several of them new, all of them revised), extensive story notes, an introduction by William Peter Blatty, and stunning full color artwork by Vincent Chong.

I'm very pleased to report today that everyone who supports my Patreon page at ANY LEVEL before October 1, 2017 will be thanked on a special acknowledgements page in the signed Limited Edition hardcover of WALKING WITH GHOSTS.

More details will be shared when the book is actually announced next year, but I wanted to let you know now that your support played a major role in making this collection possible. Thank you!

Brian James Freeman
09-29-2017, 10:16 AM

Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait for the official announcement of the book. I've been showing off Vincent Chong's artwork on Patreon and readers seem to be as happy as I am with it. :)

Brian

Brian861
09-29-2017, 11:27 AM

Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait for the official announcement of the book. I've been showing off Vincent Chong's artwork on Patreon and readers seem to be as happy as I am with it. :)

Brian

You're most welcome, Brian! The artwork is stunning!

Edit: Received the book in the mail today. Thanks again!

Brian James Freeman
10-04-2017, 07:36 PM
You're most welcome, Brian! The artwork is stunning!

Edit: Received the book in the mail today. Thanks again!

Happy to send it your way! Thanks again for your support!

firemonkey66
10-04-2017, 09:38 PM
I know that the order page for the sleeping beauties art portfolio is still active, but do you have an approximate figure for how many are going to be produced?

Another question, if I ordered a numbered S/L and an art portfolio, do I need to actually request that they be matching numbers or will that be an automatic thing?

Thanks!

frik
10-04-2017, 10:27 PM
if I ordered a numbered S/L and an art portfolio, do I need to actually request that they be matching numbers or will that be an automatic thing?

Definitely send Mindy the request! She'll make sure the S/L and art portfolio will be a match.

sk

DanHocker
10-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I know that the order page for the sleeping beauties art portfolio is still active, but do you have an approximate figure for how many are going to be produced?

Another question, if I ordered a numbered S/L and an art portfolio, do I need to actually request that they be matching numbers or will that be an automatic thing?

Thanks!

I would say technically no, but you should anyways as it'll be a "safety net" so to speak. I'll be trying to match anyone who bought both, but it always helps when someone has made a request and we can mark it on the order.

Edit: I can't really speak to the print run on the portfolio, that's more of a Brian question.

dnemec
10-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Dan and/or Brian - are you guys still shipping Hearts In Suspension slipcases? I ordered 2 at 2 different times (this time on purpose!), but only one has come thus far. Thanks!