PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

DanHocker
06-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Yesterday received my first ever CD shipping notice e-mail (for The Shining...

Just got word that the USPS (media mail) has custody of it. Anyone have an idea on how long this thing should take to get to a suburb of Boston? I know MM isn't speed-oriented; I'm just curious what to expect.

Well if it was FedEx probably 2 days. Media Mail is weird, could be 2 days, could go for a detour and be 7 days. I'd say 3 or 4 though under normal circumstances.

Edit: For those wondering, we're just about done the Gift Editions. I'm expecting to be onto the Artist Editions probably on Wednesday.

St. Troy
06-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks Dan.

St. Troy
07-01-2017, 04:54 PM
File under "blast from the past":

On the subject of Peter Straub... Any chance of doing a super deluxe edition of Ghost Story? That would be awesome!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Absolutely!
And a SHADOWLAND limited would be just as wonderful.

sk

I don't know how much emphasis CD puts on Straub, but I echo these sentiments, especially for Shadowland - I'd prefer a nice CD edition of that to almost anything else I can name. Ghost Story is also a true classic.

peripheral
07-01-2017, 06:00 PM
+ 1. I'd love more Straub limiteds, too. The Blue Rose Trilogy, in a matching S/L, would be awesome. I've also been recommended Floating Dragon as a masterpiece (on my to-read list).

tippy4
07-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I think we need to have a 4th of July Sale!

Br!an
07-02-2017, 07:28 AM
My packing receipts use to have the correct order number on it. Now it has some order number that perhaps Dan generates.

It's screwing me up. Sometimes I'll place more than one order for the same item. Without the correct order number I have to guess which order was filled.

If you can't use the original order number for some reason, perhaps you could add it on the receipt as a note or create a field for it.

C1TIZEN_X
07-02-2017, 11:58 AM
CD It Gift Edition on eBay. BIN for $625 w/ free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/It-by-Stephen-King-2011-Hardcover-Anniversary-Slipcase-Cemetery-Dance-/132247814758?epid=103007723&hash=item1eca958266:g:XycAAOSwpONZWUZm

St. Troy
07-03-2017, 10:14 AM
A question for everyone/anyone, but particularly and specifically not for Dan Hocker or Brian James Freeman:

Any guesses or feelings as to when we are likely to see Night Shift announced/put on sale? (I don't expect DH/BJF to be able, or inclined, to comment until it's actually announced - for them, it's privileged information; for everyone else, it's just a guess. Likewise, for any of you who are close enough them to actually know, this question is not for you.)

I think The Shining was announced just a few days after Salem's Lot started shipping, but I'm not 100% certain of my dates with those.

burial
07-03-2017, 10:15 AM
1. Will the "Sleeping beauties" 1st/1st slipcase be available again?
2. Is it possible to order "Gwendy's Button box" slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
07-03-2017, 12:05 PM
1. Will the "Sleeping beauties" 1st/1st slipcase be available again?

Yes, later this week, hopefully!

2. Is it possible to order "Gwendy's Button box" slipcase?

Not yet, but it will be in September! We're having extras made since they fit the Nocturnal Reader Box edition and folks might want them for that version, too.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-03-2017, 12:07 PM
My packing receipts use to have the correct order number on it. Now it has some order number that perhaps Dan generates.

It's screwing me up. Sometimes I'll place more than one order for the same item. Without the correct order number I have to guess which order was filled.

If you can't use the original order number for some reason, perhaps you could add it on the receipt as a note or create a field for it.

Our website system and our offline order management system use different numbers, which is a joy for everyone involved, trust me. The offline system DOES have both numbers in the database, though, so I will ask if a field can be added to the packing slip that would show the website order number for you!

Brian

St. Troy
07-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Our website system and our offline order management system use different numbers, which is a joy for everyone involved...

I wish I had this ability to maintain a sense of humor at work...

Br!an
07-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Our website system and our offline order management system use different numbers, which is a joy for everyone involved, trust me. The offline system DOES have both numbers in the database, though, so I will ask if a field can be added to the packing slip that would show the website order number for you!

Brian

That'll work. Thanks, Brian.

MLG
07-03-2017, 02:17 PM
A question for everyone/anyone, but particularly and specifically not for Dan Hocker or Brian James Freeman:

Any guesses or feelings as to when we are likely to see Night Shift announced/put on sale? (I don't expect DH/BJF to be able, or inclined, to comment until it's actually announced - for them, it's privileged information; for everyone else, it's just a guess. Likewise, for any of you who are close enough them to actually know, this question is not for you.)

I think The Shining was announced just a few days after Salem's Lot started shipping, but I'm not 100% certain of my dates with those.

If I remember correctly it was said that they would not announce Night Shift until they completed shipping. As they are now whipping the Artist Editions I would think they will complete that one soon. With that assumption I would think Night Shift will be announced sometime in July. I could be wrong though, its happened twice before.

C1TIZEN_X
07-05-2017, 09:45 AM

If I remember correctly it was said that they would not announce Night Shift until they completed shipping. As they are now whipping the Artist Editions I would think they will complete that one soon. With that assumption I would think Night Shift will be announced sometime in July. I could be wrong though, its happened twice before.

I read on another forum that Night Shift has already been pre-sold to certain people. Is this accurate? If so, which version? I came into this a little late so am playing catch up. I've gotten almost all of the Gift editions, but going forward would like to buy at least a AE. I would love to have the Traycased Stand, but I assume those are all spoken for as well.

Just thought I would ask on here. The person said they got an email saying they could pre-order all of the remaining three books but didn't say what versions. Thanks.

C1TIZEN_X
07-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Any chance someone purchased two copies of the Graveyard Edition Bentley Little's The Handyman and will be looking to sell one?

I placed my order, then a today I received an email from CD saying they oversold and my order had to be cancelled. I know, I should have ordered the day before. I don't blame CD, I blame myself. I was really looking forward to collecting this set but it would be pointless if I can't get the first one :)

Pieter
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Is CD also making a special edition of Night Shift? Just like PS did? What's the fun of that? Why not go for a book that doesnt already have a special editon?

webstar1000
07-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Is CD also making a special edition of Night Shift? Just like PS did? What's the fun of that? Why not go for a book that doesnt already have a special editon?

CD's was announced before PS. PS's just came out first. So your comment is directed at the wrong publisher.

amd013
07-05-2017, 10:26 AM

CD announced a few years ago that they would be doing special editions for all the double-day years books, including pet sematary. I think this was announced well before PS announced they would do one.

They are doing them in order of publication, and are just now approaching the time for "official" pre-orders for Night Shift.

amd013
07-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Hi Brian, whats the status of the Lettered edition of the Shining. I thought at one time you said you wanted to ship out all 3 states at the same time.

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 10:41 AM
I read on another forum that Night Shift has already been pre-sold to certain people. Is this accurate? If so, which version? I came into this a little late so am playing catch up. I've gotten almost all of the Gift editions, but going forward would like to buy at least a AE. I would love to have the Traycased Stand, but I assume those are all spoken for as well.

Just thought I would ask on here. The person said they got an email saying they could pre-order all of the remaining three books but didn't say what versions. Thanks.

We offered collectors who had ordered CARRIE the opportunity to order the rest of the Doubleday Years books early IF they wanted to place one order and be done with it. No one HAD to order at that time, but if you wanted to order and know you were all set for the set, you could.

I believe we also offered THE SHINING collectors an early window for NIGHT SHIFT a while back, and there will be one more early ordering window for them before the book is officially announced for preorder to the general public.

Hope this information helps!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Hi Brian, whats the status of the Lettered edition of the Shining. I thought at one time you said you wanted to ship out all 3 states at the same time.

If I did, my brain wasn't in gear because we cannot size the case for the Lettered Edition on these until we have a finished book. That doesn't mean I didn't say that, ha. :)

The Lettered Edition case maker is waiting on a few stamping dies to arrive and he has ordered the materials he needs. Not sure of his ETA for working on the project right now, but when he gets closer to actually having the project completed, I'll post something.

Brian

webstar1000
07-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Choo Choo slipcases be soon Brian?

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 10:44 AM

I guess because the Doubleday Years set would look very odd without NIGHT SHIFT. :)

Brian

C1TIZEN_X
07-05-2017, 10:46 AM

We offered collectors who had ordered CARRIE the opportunity to order the rest of the Doubleday Years books early IF they wanted to place one order and be done with it. No one HAD to order at that time, but if you wanted to order and know you were all set for the set, you could.

I believe we also offered THE SHINING collectors an early window for NIGHT SHIFT a while back, and there will be one more early ordering window for them before the book is officially announced for preorder to the general public.

Hope this information helps!

Brian

I ordered Carrie and the Shining. I don't remember having this opportunity.

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 10:47 AM

The slipcases are essentially done, but our case maker is holding them for us and not shipping yet because our warehouse was hit by a hurricane named THE GWENDY'S SHINING BUTTON BOX and there isn't a free pallet position to be found. I won't guess when we'll be able to receive and ship them, I don't have a clear idea on that yet, but they are getting closer in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure Dan will post a note when we reach them on the list!

Brian

webstar1000
07-05-2017, 10:47 AM

The slipcases are essentially done, but our case maker is holding them for us and not shipping yet because our warehouse was hit by a hurricane named THE GWENDY'S SHINING BUTTON BOX and there isn't a free pallet position to be found. I won't guess when we'll be able to receive and ship them, I don't have a clear idea on that yet, but they are getting closer in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure Dan will post a note when we reach them on the list!

Brian

Tanks man. I hope you have one or two extra. I missed ordering and am pretty bummed by it. haha

Kingfan24
07-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Hi Brian - have all shining gift Editions shipped? I ordered a gift and artist. I got my artist but not my gift so far.

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Any chance someone purchased two copies of the Graveyard Edition Bentley Little's The Handyman and will be looking to sell one?

I placed my order, then a today I received an email from CD saying they oversold and my order had to be cancelled. I know, I should have ordered the day before. I don't blame CD, I blame myself. I was really looking forward to collecting this set but it would be pointless if I can't get the first one :)

Drop me a line in a week. I'm willing to bet someone will randomly cancel their order in the next seven days, probably just minutes after Mindy finishes with cleaning up the "oversold" list.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Hi Brian - have all shining gift Editions shipped? I ordered a gift and artist. I got my artist but not my gift so far.

That sounds like a Dan question if I've ever heard one!

Brian

St. Troy
07-05-2017, 11:22 AM
I believe the Doubleday Years set announcement (mentioning all 6 books) was made in April 2014. At that time, the option of preordering the entire set was offered, so technically Night Shift was on sale (ever so briefly) at that time to those people.

Other than that, people who've bought lettered editions have had the inside track (early notice, I believe) on ordering newer lettered editions as they are offered (I don't think The Shining lettered ever got so far as being listed to the public on the CD website, having been snapped up ahead of time). I believe the same goes on with the Artist Edition, and given that there's more of those than of the lettereds to go around, you may see that listed on the website (but - and I can't overstate this - act fast if you see it).

Even the Gift Edition of The Shining didn't last too long, maybe a few weeks before they first stopped taking orders. Of course, they briefly went back on sale a bit after that (as CD confirmed its order count), and then after that, there's always the odd cancellation freeing up a spare copy or two, but anyone looking for a GE after they are first marked "sold out" is really taking their chances.

Each DY volume has sold faster than its predecessors, but whether that's due to the increased attention the set is receiving (and reputation it's building) or due to the relative popularity of the works (I think The Shining > Salem's Lot > Carrie in the eyes of many), I can't say - perhaps Night Shift lacks The Shining's widespread acclaim and adoration and won't continue that trend (but when The Stand hits - look out!), but even then, I recommend that any interested parties don't dawdle.

webstar1000
07-05-2017, 11:23 AM
I believe the Doubleday Years set announcement (mentioning all 6 books) was made in April 2014. At that time, the option of preordering the entire set was offered, so technically Night Shift was on sale (ever so briefly) at that time to those people.

Other than that, people who've bought lettered editions have had the inside track (early notice, I believe) on ordering newer lettered editions as they are offered (I don't think The Shining lettered ever got so far as being listed to the public on the CD website, having been snapped up ahead of time). I believe the same goes on with the Artist Edition, and given that there's more of those than of the lettereds to go around, you may see that listed on the website (but - and I can't overstate this - act fast if you see it).

Even the Gift Edition of The Shining didn't last too long, maybe a few weeks before they first stopped taking orders. Of course, they briefly went back on sale a bit after that (as CD confirmed its order count), and then after that, there's always the odd cancellation freeing up a spare copy or two, but anyone looking for a GE after they are first marked "sold out" is really taking their chances.

Each DY volume has sold faster than its predecessors, but whether that's due to the increased attention the set is receiving (and reputation it's building) or due to the relative popularity of the works (I think The Shining > Salem's Lot > Carrie in the eyes of many), I can't say - perhaps Night Shift lacks The Shining's widespread acclaim and adoration and won't continue that trend (but when The Stand hits - look out!), but even then, I recommend that any interested parties don't dawdle.

I remember being offered the lettereds set too as a pre-sale but just didn't have the scratch:(

St. Troy
07-05-2017, 11:24 AM
...aaaaand that's what happens when you take 45 minutes to compose your reply.

St. Troy
07-05-2017, 11:25 AM
I believe we also offered THE SHINING collectors an early window for NIGHT SHIFT a while back...

I did receive such an offer many months ago, but didn't want to be the first to mention it openly here.

DanHocker
07-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Where any of yours remarques? If so I haven't shipped any of the remarques yet. I always hold those for last so I can avoid accidentally mixing them up with non remarqued books. Otherwise send me your account info and I can check on it for you.

Brian861
07-05-2017, 12:26 PM
And remember, folks, CDCC members usually always get offers before the GP. Plus usually a discount on top of that. Not a bad investment if you're into CD's stuff :)

ICry4Oy
07-05-2017, 01:20 PM
The slipcases are essentially done, but our case maker is holding them for us and not shipping yet because our warehouse was hit by a hurricane named THE GWENDY'S SHINING BUTTON BOX ...

Brian

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4120/35356462760_101c5c3e3e_b.jpg

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 01:45 PM
The slipcases are essentially done, but our case maker is holding them for us and not shipping yet because our warehouse was hit by a hurricane named THE GWENDY'S SHINING BUTTON BOX ...

Brian

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4120/35356462760_101c5c3e3e_b.jpg

Yep, that's what it has felt like since early May!

Brian James Freeman
07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't think I posted these little previews of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, but it's been one heck of a year so far and I might have:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17GIFTsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17LMTDsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17LTRDsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17TitlePage.jpg

Brian

Randall Flagg
07-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Wicked. Just wicked. Love it.

ICry4Oy
07-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Got my Shining AE today and CD did a bang up job on this one!!!!!

webstar1000
07-06-2017, 03:07 AM
Art is no grabbing me yet but I reserve judgement until it is in my grubby little hands! :tongue1:

Beverly Marsh
07-07-2017, 04:39 AM
And remember, folks, CDCC members usually always get offers before the GP. Plus usually a discount on top of that. Not a bad investment if you're into CD's stuff :)

So SO true! I had never signed up before but did the half year offer this year. From now on it will be a FULL year.

Again, anyone with an extra hoodie remember me in the cold :)

Beverly Marsh
07-07-2017, 04:40 AM
I don't think I posted these little previews of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, but it's been one heck of a year so far and I might have:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17GIFTsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17LMTDsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17LTRDsheets.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king17TitlePage.jpg

Brian

Love, love, love! I can't wait to see what all of the various critters have to do with the story.

C1TIZEN_X
07-07-2017, 04:46 AM

CDCC?? How can I sign up?

Beverly Marsh
07-07-2017, 04:48 AM

I believe it's Sept-Oct timeframe for the year sign up. And it's worth it.

C1TIZEN_X
07-07-2017, 04:52 AM

I believe it's Sept-Oct timeframe for the year sign up. And it's worth it.

Cool, thanks.

mikeC
07-07-2017, 05:52 AM
How is the Toy Museum by Camden Yards? Thinking about going there while the rest of the family goes to the Aquarium when we see the Orioles.

F1racefan
07-07-2017, 06:09 PM
I just received my Shining AE from CD and it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I also wanted to personally thank Mindy and Dan for the extra effort they put into my order. I was late ordering Salem's Lot from CD ( they sold out quick) and had to get it through Subterranean Press. When I ordered The Shining from CD and asked for #145 they said it was a number that went to Sub Press but they would see what they could do. I got my #145 thanks to Mindy and Dan asking Bill at Sub press to let them keep this number for me.

THANK YOU CD!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!!

andyg75
07-08-2017, 06:35 AM
I just received my Shining AE from CD and it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I also wanted to personally thank Mindy and Dan for the extra effort they put into my order. I was late ordering Salem's Lot from CD ( they sold out quick) and had to get it through Subterranean Press. When I ordered The Shining from CD and asked for #145 they said it was a number that went to Sub Press but they would see what they could do. I got my #145 thanks to Mindy and Dan asking Bill at Sub press to let them keep this number for me.

THANK YOU CD!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!!

That's service! :)

herbertwest
07-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Any news about the international shipping of THE SHINING sent to PS Publishing?

DanHocker
07-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Sending this week hopefully. We're just about done our direct customers and should be onto the retailers later today or tomorrow.

Beverly Marsh
07-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Sending this week hopefully. We're just about done our direct customers and should be onto the retailers later today or tomorrow.

Including remarqued AE's? :drool:

DanHocker
07-10-2017, 07:46 AM

Including remarqued AE's? :drool:

Not those yet. Should probably get to those this week though. I like to make sure I have every "regular" book shipped before I even open a box of remarqued books. It's really, really easy to mix the two up, and that's the last thing I want to do.

T-Dogz_AK47
07-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Hi Dan, would you be able to post a few photos of the remarques for the AE's?

I would love to see what Glenn Chadbourne has created for them! :excited:

DanHocker
07-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Hi Dan, would you be able to post a few photos of the remarques for the AE's?

I would love to see what Glenn Chadbourne has created for them! :excited:

I might be able to do that. No promises.

Dano
07-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Received my AE The Shining today! Wow!!! Beautiful book!

Dan

St. Troy
07-11-2017, 07:32 AM
A lettered It popped up on eBay...for just over $15k.

dnemec
07-11-2017, 07:38 AM
May I ask what is currently being shipped? My USPS dashboard shows a label was printed in Forest Hill, MD, but I didn't buy an Artist's Edition of The Shining (unfortunately - they look gorgeous!). So I have no clue. I need to make a spreadsheet or something...

T-Dogz_AK47
07-11-2017, 08:16 AM
A lettered It popped up on eBay...for just over $15k.

I wouldn't sell mine.... Not even for $15k. :nope:

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-11-2017, 10:41 AM
That lettered IT is a bargain - FREE POSTAGE!!!

DanHocker
07-11-2017, 10:57 AM
May I ask what is currently being shipped? My USPS dashboard shows a label was printed in Forest Hill, MD, but I didn't buy an Artist's Edition of The Shining (unfortunately - they look gorgeous!). So I have no clue. I need to make a spreadsheet or something...

We're still shipping The Shining. We are also shipping what we refer to as "regular" orders. Oh and I think Kate is working on Gwendy t-shirts in the front office in between other things.

becca69
07-11-2017, 01:05 PM
I know I sound like a broken record, but what about Gone Girl lettered?

(oh and PS Night Shift)

WeDealInLead
07-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Maybe it's gone, girl.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

becca69
07-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Maybe it's gone, girl.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

:rolleyes:

:D

dnemec
07-11-2017, 06:23 PM

We're still shipping The Shining. We are also shipping what we refer to as "regular" orders. Oh and I think Kate is working on Gwendy t-shirts in the front office in between other things.

Thanks, Dan. I did order the t-shirt, so maybe that's it. I swear, I do not order too much from you guys!

MLG
07-11-2017, 08:06 PM

Thanks, Dan. I did order the t-shirt, so maybe that's it. I swear, I do not order too much from you guys!

I occasionally try to tell myself that I do not buy too much from Cemetery Dance. I then go to their website and look at the recent releases page and quickly get brought back down. I currently have 9 of the 10 recent releases listed. Of course I only have 4 of the 6 listed on the coming soon page ordered so I am getting better.

dnemec
07-12-2017, 05:49 PM

So apparently, I have 2 orders coming from CD - the Gwendy's shirt, but I also placed a July 4th Sale order, so there's that too. I forgot an order I placed a week ago. Oops. :rolleyes:

George at C-Springs
07-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Yay! Even though, honestly, I forgot I ordered it!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20170712_183804.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20170712_183835.jpg

Tommy
07-12-2017, 06:33 PM
I love that signature page! :thumbsup:

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
:thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHocker
07-13-2017, 12:55 PM
For those wondering, we're pretty much done here now. Retailers are out the door, and the remarqued books should all be packed tomorrow (though maybe not actually picked up until Monday if via USPS).

Roseannebarr
07-13-2017, 01:05 PM
For those wondering, we're pretty much done here now. Retailers are out the door, and the remarqued books should all be packed tomorrow (though maybe not actually picked up until Monday if via USPS).

All caught up!!! Yahoo, I assume that your statement includes Turn out the lights? Slipcases for CTCC and HIS, Reading Stephen King, Joe Hill A little silver book, shining in the dark, shivers viii, six scary stories - thats just the first page of my orders....

not counting sleeping beauties.... :)

Ari_Racing
07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Any plans to release a Shining porfolio as well?
:)
And WHEN CAN WE BUY Night shift??? :D :D :D

C1TIZEN_X
07-13-2017, 01:17 PM

Don't suppose you have any extra Shining AE's just laying around?

Tommy
07-13-2017, 01:26 PM

Bad Moon Books has 4 copies left and Dark Regions Press has 2 copies left.

THE SHINING (http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=4107&cat=0&page=1)

The Shining by Stephen King Deluxe Special Edition (PREORDER) (https://darkregions.com/products/the-shining-by-stephen-king-deluxe-special-edition-preorder?variant=40448598733)

C1TIZEN_X
07-13-2017, 01:37 PM

Bad Moon Books has 4 copies left and Dark Regions Press has 2 copies left.

THE SHINING (http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=4107&cat=0&page=1)

The Shining by Stephen King Deluxe Special Edition (PREORDER) (https://darkregions.com/products/the-shining-by-stephen-king-deluxe-special-edition-preorder?variant=40448598733)

Excellent, thank you.

DanHocker
07-14-2017, 07:16 AM

All caught up!!! Yahoo, I assume that your statement includes Turn out the lights? Slipcases for CTCC and HIS, Reading Stephen King, Joe Hill A little silver book, shining in the dark, shivers viii, six scary stories - thats just the first page of my orders....

not counting sleeping beauties.... :)

:emot-roflolmao:

DanHocker
07-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Any plans to release a Shining porfolio as well?
:)
And WHEN CAN WE BUY Night shift??? :D :D :D

Probably (don't know for sure though). Also I have no idea about Night Shift.

DanHocker
07-14-2017, 07:17 AM

None

dnemec
07-14-2017, 09:39 AM
My Gwendy's t-shirt arrived today. They're pretty cool! Nice work, guys!

Ari_Racing
07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Sleeping Beauties gift is sold out.

The Library Policeman
07-14-2017, 09:58 AM
My Gwendy's t-shirt arrived today. They're pretty cool! Nice work, guys!

Pretty sure I ordered one of those too.

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 11:08 AM
I received my copy of The Shining (GE) but haven't posted because I didn't think I have anything useful to add - by now, everyone here knows about the special features and production details. Still, I feel bad saying nothing, because it's the first book I ordered directly from them (they pack like pros, always important), and because it really is great, so here I go:

Everything feels great in the hand, and the artwork (including jacket) is great. I don't know if it wasn't disseminated in advance like the rest of the artwork, but I don't recall having seen the GE limitation page before; that was very nice (Chadbourne strikes again!). In style and substance, this easily and clearly pounds the piss out of my beloved Folio Society's take, but then we already knew that.

I wasn't sure what I'd think about a white slipcase, and I probably wouldn't want too many of them (partly because I think I would begin to find them bland en masse, partly because I'm afraid to let them touch anything), but I'm enjoying this one (and it matches the contents, to my thinking) and it looks nice next to the others in the series. The silver and blue foil look great on the white as well.

...now just waiting for Night Shift, along with everyone else.

becca69
07-14-2017, 12:57 PM

(oh and PS Night Shift)

I'm bumping this.

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm still missing a few, but I finally found a place in the office to display our Stephen King aftermarket slipcases:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SKslipcases01.JPG
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SKslipcases02.JPG

Brian

The Library Policeman
07-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Nice, Brian.

You don't have a spare Talisman & Black House case kicking around in there, do you? :evil:

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Nice, Brian.

You don't have a spare Talisman & Black House case kicking around in there, do you? :evil:

Definitely a Dan question! :)

Brian

mae
07-14-2017, 01:57 PM

If we don't get all the '60s and '70s uncollected pieces I'll be so disappointed.

T-Dogz_AK47
07-14-2017, 01:59 PM

If we don't get all the '60s and '70s uncollected pieces I'll be so disappointed.

Have faith in CD. I'm sure everything will be there. :thumbsup:

jsweet
07-14-2017, 01:59 PM
Excited -- after 8 days, my Shining AE has finally escaped the package purgatory of Greensboro, NC, and is on its way north. Can't wait to see it!

Roseannebarr
07-14-2017, 02:16 PM
I'm still missing a few, but I finally found a place in the office to display our Stephen King aftermarket slipcases:

Brian

How did you get Hearts in Suspension and Charlie the choo choo! I am still waiting for mine :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::excited :

The Library Policeman
07-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Nice, Brian.

Definitely a Dan question! :)

Brian

Cheers Brian!

Dan, where for art thou...? :evil:

Tommy
07-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Brian

How did you get Hearts in Suspension and Charlie the choo choo! I am still waiting for mine :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::excited :

I think Brian might have some connections....:thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 02:23 PM

Only one person can give permission for that, so send your good thoughts his way. ;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I know a guy who knows a guy! (Those are actually the first two finished cases, which they send us for final approval!)

Brian

stroppygoblin
07-14-2017, 03:25 PM

Yeah, I know a guy who knows a guy! (Those are actually the first two finished cases, which they send us for final approval!)

Brian

Brian, which one of my kidneys do you want for the FDNS traycase and the UK 11.22.63 case (dammit I didn't even know that one existed!)? I have all your missing ones btw.

Tommy
07-14-2017, 04:39 PM

Brian

Brian, which one of my kidneys do you want for the FDNS traycase and the UK 11.22.63 case (dammit I didn't even know that one existed!)? I have all your missing ones btw.

I need those two as well, also the UtDs and I didn't even know there was a Wind through the Keyhole one. :doh:

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 04:42 PM

How many/what are they? Too many to name? (I've never researched the "orphan" short stories.)

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 04:44 PM

Only one person can give permission for that, so send your good thoughts his way. ;)

Brian

Surely these details have been finalized by now? :orely:

Maybe not...

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 05:16 PM

Brian

Maybe not...

Ka works and the world moves on.

mae
07-14-2017, 05:18 PM

How many/what are they? Too many to name? (I've never researched the "orphan" short stories.)

Not that many and a few of them are poems or first magazine versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_short_fiction_bibliography

So not counting the very early stuff:

The Glass Floor
Harrison State Park '68
Strawberry Spring (original version)
Night Surf (original version)
The Reaper's Image (original version)
Stud City
Slade
Donovan's Brain
Silence
The Blue Air Compressor
In the Key Chords of Dawn
She Has Gone to Sleep While...
Woman with Child
The Hardcase Speaks
It Grows on You (original version)
The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan
Weeds
The King Family and the Wicked Witch
The Night of the Tiger
Man with a Belly
The Crate

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 05:21 PM

Not that many and a few of them are poems or first magazine versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King_short_fiction_bibliography

So not counting the very early stuff:

The Glass Floor
Harrison State Park '68
Strawberry Spring (original version)
Night Surf (original version)
The Reaper's Image (original version)
Stud City
Slade
Donovan's Brain
Silence
The Blue Air Compressor
In the Key Chords of Dawn
She Has Gone to Sleep While...
Woman with Child
The Hardcase Speaks
It Grows on You (original version)
The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan
Weeds
The King Family and the Wicked Witch
The Night of the Tiger
Man with a Belly
The Crate

That sounds like a pretty cool little book all on its own... If only I could get THAT idea approved! :)

mae
07-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Well, a third of that are very short poems... And Night Shift is a short book... It just works! (I'd even throw in I Was a Teenage Grave Robber, why not!)

Brian James Freeman
07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Well, a third of that are very short poems... And Night Shift is a short book... It just works! (I'd even throw in I Was a Teenage Grave Robber, why not!)

"You'll never know if you don't ask" is my motto. :)

Brian

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 05:44 PM

Brian

Maybe not...

The approaching announcement might be mighty short on details.

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
...So not counting the very early stuff...

That's much more than I'd envisioned; I'd thought maybe we'd get the original contents + maybe 3 bonuses. Let's hope it's done your way; that would be incredible.

Patrick
07-14-2017, 11:48 PM
<<snipped>>

This sounds correct. I placed my order back on May 14, 2014.

I love getting books that were paid for long ago. No longer thinking about cost, just enjoying the product.

Your edition of THE SHINING looks great, CD!

burial
07-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Brian

Very nice... too bad my FDNS got lost ;(
And when will we hear somrthing about Joyland Illustrated Edition slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
07-15-2017, 10:49 AM

I think it's just a matter of when we can fit them into the shipping schedule. Gwendy and The Shining have monopolized the warehouse for the last six weeks or so, but we're working our way back to some sense of normalcy.

Brian

tippy4
07-15-2017, 11:55 AM

I think it's just a matter of when we can fit them into the shipping schedule. Gwendy and The Shining have monopolized the warehouse for the last six weeks or so, but we're working our way back to some sense of normalcy.

Brian

These actually shipped a long time ago. If you have not received yours, I suggest you contact Mindy.

stroppygoblin
07-15-2017, 12:18 PM

Brian

These actually shipped a long time ago. If you have not received yours, I suggest you contact Mindy.

Are you sure? I don't believe I have received mine yet...

Brian James Freeman
07-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Brian

The first batch shipped, yep. I posted something like 'if you're reading this thread and you ordered the Joyland slipcase, drop me a line' and then I made sure we marked the orders of those who emailed me to ship in that first batch. The second batch is in our warehouse and will be shipping soon. :)

Brian

stroppygoblin
07-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Brian, do you have a photo of the Illustrated JL Slipcase? Does it differ much from the original?

Brian James Freeman
07-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Brian, do you have a photo of the Illustrated JL Slipcase? Does it differ much from the original?

Here is the one I have on my desk, which I assume is the new one and Dan will be sure to tell me if I am wrong, ha!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/JoylandSlipcase.jpg

Brian

stroppygoblin
07-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Thanks Brian!

becca69
07-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Are there any of these Joyland slipcases available?

And Gone Girl lettered - anyone?

Brian James Freeman
07-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Are there any of these Joyland slipcases available?

Maybe... send me an email and I can check!

I will let Dan answer that when he's back at his computer on Monday because I know I'll screw up the answer, ha! :)

Brian

becca69
07-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Thanks Brian.

burial
07-16-2017, 03:01 AM

Brian

I only received the slipcase for 1st edition softcover...

Brian

The first batch shipped, yep. I posted something like 'if you're reading this thread and you ordered the Joyland slipcase, drop me a line' and then I made sure we marked the orders of those who emailed me to ship in that first batch. The second batch is in our warehouse and will be shipping soon. :)

Brian

If i email Mindy - will it be possible to ship it?

Brian James Freeman
07-16-2017, 01:15 PM
If i email Mindy - will it be possible to ship it?

You can try! The rest of the orders will be shipping soon.

Brian

TCCBodhi
07-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Woohoo! A shipping notice for the remarqued numbered of The Shining! I'm really looking forward to seeing which of the previously posted Maitz remarques I get. Glenn's are always fun too.

DanHocker
07-17-2017, 11:34 AM

These have not shipped. They where going to ship when I had a small gap in the shipping window months ago, but we realized the case maker only sent us a partial shipment of cases. He has now finished the cases and we have them all so they are back on the list for the next opening. Unfortunately the list has grown long again with Gwendy and Shining eating up a better part of 2 months worth of shipping.

richardsrarebooks
07-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Got my shipping notice yesterday. FedEx shipping tomorrow. There are abount 10 remarques from Don Maitz that I would be thrilled to get. Didn't get a Chadbourne since there are a ton on the market.

DanHocker
07-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Nice, Brian.

Don't think so.

webstar1000
07-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Nice, Brian.

Don't think so.

Would love a Choo Choo case,.. haha

webstar1000
07-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Nice, Brian.

Don't think so.

DanHocker
07-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Nice, Brian.

Don't think so.

So would I (we don't actually have them yet though)...

That said the warehouse is a bit full at the moment.

Randall Flagg
07-18-2017, 05:17 PM
I ordered a Gwendy's Button Box t-shirt in a XXS (double small), and I received a XXL.
The shirt was for my dog. She is not thrilled.
Are there any XXS sizes left?

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1500426926-Shirt%20way%20too%20big.JPG

peripheral
07-18-2017, 05:26 PM
:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

I am not happy the wrong size was sent, RF, but it may have been worth it for that photo... "She is not thrilled." :lol:.

bdwyer19
07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
I ordered a Gwendy's Button Box t-shirt in a XXS (double small), and I received a XXL.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1500426926-Shirt%20way%20too%20big.JPG

She does look pretty upset!!!

Randall Flagg
07-18-2017, 05:48 PM
That's her calm face. Took an hour to calm her down and request a replacement.

mattgreenbean
07-18-2017, 05:55 PM
The Cemetery Dance thread made it to page #666, what devilish things are gonna happen now?

Randall Flagg
07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
The Cemetery Dance thread made it to page #666, what devilish things are gonna happen now?
I think you are witnessing.

Brian James Freeman
07-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Unfortunately, we're out of size XXS for the shirt you selected. I've spoken with management, though, and they've agreed to make a special exception in your case and send you a larger dog. Transit time will be approximately seven to ten days. We hope this satisfies your concern and we look forward to your next order from Just Dogs 'N' Shirts.

~ CS Rep "John"

herbertwest
07-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Last summer, CD announced the "Cemetery Dance Gold Seal Imprint" in which books would be selected and introduced by King.
The first title was supposed to be DARK DEBTS by Karen Hall, but the product page do not seem to exist anymore on the website.

Is this line dead?

Brian James Freeman
07-19-2017, 07:17 AM
Last summer, CD announced the "Cemetery Dance Gold Seal Imprint" in which books would be selected and introduced by King.
The first title was supposed to be DARK DEBTS by Karen Hall, but the product page do not seem to exist anymore on the website.

Is this line dead?

http://www.cemeterydance.com/cemetery-dance-gold-seal-series.html

Brian

amd013
07-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Sorry to be cryptic, but some of you will know what I mean.

Brian,

I find it ironic you are using day for night.

Mike.

Brian James Freeman
07-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Brian,

Mike.

I know, right? Ha! SO much artwork for that project, I cannot wait to show it off. Just received the final title page design and I want to post it RIGHT NOW, I love it so much. (I know, I'm a book geek...)

Brian

darkseer
07-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Brian,

Mike.

I know, right? Ha! SO much artwork for that project, I cannot wait to show it off. Just received the final title page design and I want to post it RIGHT NOW, I love it so much. (I know, I'm a book geek...)

Brian

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more too :clap:

Merlin1958
07-19-2017, 04:35 PM

FWIW, I'm a XXL :huglove:

herbertwest
07-20-2017, 12:26 AM

Is this line dead?

http://www.cemeterydance.com/cemetery-dance-gold-seal-series.html

Brian

Thanks

AstroDad
07-20-2017, 05:30 AM
Going through my CD orders trying to figure out what the mystery package arriving today is and came across some things I had completely forgotten ordering and am curious if anyone else got theirs or it just hasn't gone out yet:

CD Collector's Set #3 from January
Early Review Copy Bundle from December

DanHocker
07-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Going through my CD orders trying to figure out what the mystery package arriving today is and came across some things I had completely forgotten ordering and am curious if anyone else got theirs or it just hasn't gone out yet:

Collectors Set #3 hasn't been published yet. The Early Review Copy Bundle (if that's what I think it is) are sitting in the warehouse behind about 4 or 5 pallets of stuff that needs to ship first.

For those interested, here is the tentative shipping schedule:

2nd batch of Joyland slipcases (these should have shipped ages ago, but it took awhile to resolve a problem with them)
Little Silver Book (from Borderlands)
Night Shift (from PS Publishing)
Generic Black Slipcase (these also should have shipped ages ago, just took awhile to find a whole in the shipping schedule)

There's a lot more after that. 3 big projects and about 11 smaller ones, both CD and other publisher stuff. Hopefully we'll be back to making progress here now that we're finally past the huge projects that where Gwendy and The Shining. Those two projects ate the better part of 3 months of the shipping schedule.

AstroDad
07-20-2017, 06:31 AM
Thanks Dan!

AstroDad
07-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Now I am curious what will be offered first...Shining Art Portfolios or Night Shift pre-orders lol

Brian James Freeman
07-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Now I am curious what will be offered first...Shining Art Portfolios or Night Shift pre-orders lol

Or will it be the Top Secret The Shining Artwork Project...? Oops, I've said too much!

stroppygoblin
07-20-2017, 06:55 AM

Or will it be the Top Secret The Shining Artwork Project...? Oops, I've said too much!

Goddammit. Oh well, just...

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/3/3f/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Randall Flagg
07-20-2017, 07:52 AM
Hmmm.:Money emoticon:

Brian861
07-20-2017, 07:54 AM

Collectors Set #3 hasn't been published yet. The Early Review Copy Bundle (if that's what I think it is) are sitting in the warehouse behind about 4 or 5 pallets of stuff that needs to ship first.

2nd batch of Joyland slipcases (these should have shipped ages ago, but it took awhile to resolve a problem with them)
Generic Black Slipcase (these also should have shipped ages ago, just took awhile to find a whole in the shipping schedule)

There's a lot more after that. 3 big projects and about 11 smaller ones, both CD and other publisher stuff. Hopefully we'll be back to making progress here now that we're finally past the huge projects that where Gwendy and The Shining. Those two projects ate the better part of 3 months of the shipping schedule.

Best to keep those shipping minions hopping before Night (Shift) falls :) Or til Rich, BJF, and SK pull out another big ole monkey wrench and hurl it at ya!

Beverly Marsh
07-20-2017, 09:29 AM

Brian,

Mike.

:lol: I didn't even think of that until you pointed it out.

Beverly Marsh
07-20-2017, 09:30 AM

Brian,

Mike.

Brian

Aren't you in charge man? Do what the heart tells you to do :smile_002:

Beverly Marsh
07-20-2017, 09:32 AM

This totally made my day :lovely:

Brian James Freeman
07-20-2017, 09:45 AM

Brian,

Mike.

Brian

Aren't you in charge man? Do what the heart tells you to do :smile_002:

Soon... very soon! :)

Brian James Freeman
07-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Anyone here have access to a scanner and their copy of the original US hardcover editions of Night Shift and The Stand? They don't need to be 1st printings or anything like that, they just need to have the "classic" front cover art & design you'd expect on an early printing. I need really good, clean, high-res scans of both front covers -- and my copies are still packed from the move, unfortunately. Help?

Brian

Roseannebarr
07-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Anyone here have access to a scanner and their copy of the original US hardcover editions of Night Shift and The Stand? They don't need to be 1st printings or anything like that, they just need to have the "classic" front cover art & design you'd expect on an early printing. I need really good, clean, high-res scans of both front covers -- and my copies are still packed from the move, unfortunately. Help?

Brian

If somebody does not get it today, i will bring them to work tomorrow! Thank you. Glen

T-Dogz_AK47
07-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Brian

I would jump at the chance to help you out Brian, but I don't have a copy of these books unfortunately. :doh:

AstroDad
07-20-2017, 11:16 AM
i haven't used my scanner in a while, but I can try to fire it up tonight and see if I can get what you need Brian. Do you only need the front cover?

jsmcmullen92
07-20-2017, 11:31 AM

Brian

Here is a 600 DPI scan of Night shift... Sorry for the chipped corner... I have a copy with a chipped corner, a copy with a line on it and a copy with 2 lines on it.

If you need any other angles etc let me know. I'll scan the Stand here in a sec.

EDIT JK image was too big (MBs wise) let me make it smaller and I'll re-upload.

EDIT again: Just emailed it to you so you can have the Highest Quality

DanHocker
07-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Best to keep those shipping minions hopping before Night (Shift) falls :) Or til Rich, BJF, and SK pull out another big ole monkey wrench and hurl it at ya!

You say minions like there are minions. Though in a way you are correct, but it's more like I need to keep the shipping minions hopping before all my summer help disappears. Regularly it's just me and "New Dan" who only works like 15 hours a week.

C1TIZEN_X
07-20-2017, 12:16 PM

You say minions like there are minions. Though in a way you are correct, but it's more like I need to keep the shipping minions hopping before all my summer help disappears. Regularly it's just me and "New Dan" who only works like 15 hours a week.

Open up a location in North Georgia, I'll help you :)

stroppygoblin
07-20-2017, 01:20 PM

You mean the CD warehouse ISN'T filled with these guys? say it ain't so Dan...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DImFT2M_nwE/maxresdefault.jpg

The Library Policeman
07-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Got my Gwendy's T-shirt today. Very cool :)

Tommy
07-20-2017, 04:19 PM
AE of The Shining is gorgeous! I love the remarque Chadbourne did for mine. :excited::clap::rock:

TCCBodhi
07-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Let's see it Tommy. I'll be posting mine once I get home from Angels In America: Millenium Calling.

Tommy
07-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Let's see it Tommy. I'll be posting mine once I get home from Angels In America: Millenium Calling.

Might take a while, I was a Photobucket user. :(

C1TIZEN_X
07-21-2017, 12:49 PM
OK, so I have a couple questions for the group.

I just received my CD Shining AE. I know it is in a traycase, but should I Brodart it as well?

Next, I plan on purchasing the AE's of the rest of the CD Doubleday books going forward, if I am able. My question is, how do I get them remarqued? What is the cost for this service? I've been looking at the remarques on the Shining books and they look amazing. Thanks.

Merlin1958
07-21-2017, 02:19 PM
What's the status of the GBB S/L?

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-21-2017, 02:41 PM

I just received my CD Shining AE. I know it is in a traycase, but should I Brodart it as well?

Next, I plan on purchasing the AE's of the rest of the CD Doubleday books going forward, if I am able. My question is, how do I get them remarqued? What is the cost for this service? I've been looking at the remarques on the Shining books and they look amazing. Thanks.

I brodart mine(even in a case). As far as the remarques go. If bought from the publisher and not after the fact through the artist alone, youll usually see an email(if on preorder) indicating a set amount of available remarques available. The price and quantity are dependent upon the artist. As far as going through the artist alone, after acquiring the book, youd just have to track down contact info for the artist, and discuss

Brian James Freeman
07-21-2017, 02:43 PM

Coins are done and I should have them next week. Files are all ready for the printer. Just waiting on last person to sign the sig sheets and then we're ready to rock n roll!

Merlin1958
07-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Cool Beans!!!

C1TIZEN_X
07-21-2017, 03:10 PM

I brodart mine(even in a case). As far as the remarques go. If bought from the publisher and not after the fact through the artist alone, youll usually see an email(if on preorder) indicating a set amount of available remarques available. The price and quantity are dependent upon the artist. As far as going through the artist alone, after acquiring the book, youd just have to track down contact info for the artist, and discuss

So, if I were to contact Mr. Maitz and ask him to remarque my AE Shining with one of the pictures posted here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20187-Don-Maitz-The-Shining-Remarques) is there a chance he would or are those one-offs?

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-21-2017, 03:13 PM

So, if I were to contact Mr. Maitz and ask him to remarque my AE Shining with one of the pictures posted here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20187-Don-Maitz-The-Shining-Remarques) is there a chance he would or are those one-offs?

Well, i cant really speak to that for sure but last time i communicated with him, he was doing remarques in that manner(customer requests) With artists, it really depends on their schedules, commitments etc but most that i know of, do remarques in that manner, yes

C1TIZEN_X
07-21-2017, 03:18 PM

Well, i cant really speak to that for sure but last time i communicated with him, he was doing remarques in that manner(customer requests) With artists, it really depends on their schedules, commitments etc but most that i know of, do remarques in that manner, yes

Great, thanks. I sent him a message on his website and on Facebook.

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-21-2017, 03:19 PM

Great, thanks. I sent him a message on his website and on Facebook.

Right on :thumbsup:

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-21-2017, 03:20 PM

Coins are done and I should have them next week. Files are all ready for the printer. Just waiting on last person to sign the sig sheets and then we're ready to rock n roll!

:excited:

Roseannebarr
07-21-2017, 10:52 PM
anybody get Joe Hills sharp shiny slivers from CD yet? Thanks!

jsweet
07-22-2017, 11:05 AM

Hasn't arrived yet, but I got my shipping notice Wednesday

DanHocker
07-24-2017, 10:38 AM

Some have left. Many are probably still sitting here though. The post office hasn't picked up since Thursday.

St. Troy
07-25-2017, 07:46 AM
I’m fully prepared to work late, possibly while watching a prime time hospital soap or even an old Michael Keaton movie, while listening to some Commodores…yes, Marvin was a friend of mine.

Cwalker
07-26-2017, 11:24 AM
After a trip back to see Papa Richard, Gwendy is back home and oh so pleased with her new ink. Big thanks to Richard for doing this and also (perhaps more-so) big thanks to Mindy for making sure it happens. May I present....
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/774/medium/IMG_20170726_151125.jpg

Brian861
07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Very cool, Chris!

allasorte
07-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Any news on when the UK Nightshift starts getting sent out? Thank you!

Brian861
07-26-2017, 02:56 PM

Dan mentioned over on the CD forum that it's in the Q I believe.

T-Dogz_AK47
07-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Is there anybody out there that could post some photos of the interior Title page, Dedication page and Author's note page from the Artist edition of The Shining?

I'm looking at getting my copy of the book remarqued by both artists, and I need to see the layout for each page so I can plan what to ask for and where....

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated guys! :smile:

MLG
07-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Is there anybody out there that could post some photos of the interior Title page, Dedication page and Author's note page from the Artist edition of The Shining?

I'm looking at getting my copy of the book remarqued by both artists, and I need to see the layout for each page so I can plan what to ask for and where....

I have them posted on my collections thread on the CD forum:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?986-Martin-s-Collection/page65

T-Dogz_AK47
07-27-2017, 12:18 AM

Thanks Martin, those pictures are really helpful! :thumbsup:

DanHocker
07-27-2017, 06:17 AM

Should be starting to ship today.

MLG
07-27-2017, 06:57 AM

Thanks Martin, those pictures are really helpful! :thumbsup:

Glad they helped.

George at C-Springs
07-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Brian/Dan - FYI, website has an issue. Added Gwendy's copy, signed in, got to choose postage and type payment, after that it loops back to before you choose postage and payment and says "Session Timed Out" at the top. Tried several times, signed out and back in, no good.

George

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Brian/Dan - FYI, website has an issue. Added Gwendy's copy, signed in, got to choose postage and type payment, after that it loops back to before you choose postage and payment and says "Session Timed Out" at the top. Tried several times, signed out and back in, no good.

Off to check, thank you! What browser are you using?

TCCBodhi
07-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Wow. Busy day today!!!

George at C-Springs
07-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Off to check, thank you! What browser are you using?

Brian - Was doing that on my phone, Android, Samsung Galaxy S4. Tried at different times for both the Gwendy's trade and the Collector's Club announcements, didn't work at all. Tried on a Win 8 computer and it worked fine. Never had trouble via phone before and am current on all updates.

Randall Flagg
07-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Off to check, thank you! What browser are you using?Brian - Was doing that on my phone, Android, Samsung Galaxy S4. Tried at different times for both the Gwendy's trade and the Collector's Club announcements, didn't work at all. Tried on a Win 8 computer and it worked fine. Never had trouble via phone before and am current on all updates.
FYI, I just tried it on a Verizon Galaxy Note S3. Android running 5.0 (lolipop). Pretty sure the browser is Chrome. I was able to get all the way through until actually paying.

St. Troy
07-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Anyone know what CD actually binds their books in? I'm mainly thinking of Doubleday Years GEs. All marketing language etc. I've seen says "fine bindings" but doesn't get more specific.

Just curious.

allasorte
07-30-2017, 05:27 PM

Should be starting to ship today.

I saw that Dan :)

Randall Flagg
07-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Anyone know what CD actually binds their books in? I'm mainly thinking of Doubleday Years GEs. All marketing language etc. I've seen says "fine bindings" but doesn't get more specific.

Just curious.
For spine strength and durability they use sinew from the dodo bird. The books themselves can be covered in a wide variety of materials, including but not limited to:

Fabric
Leather (cow or calf)
Goatskin
Armadillo
Ostrich skin
Elephant foreskin (quite durable, and "comes" in large swaths).

Hopefully by now you have figured out I'm kidding. CD will no doubt chime in and actually answer the question

webstar1000
08-02-2017, 03:56 AM
Hey all, looking for a artist Carrie. Don't care if it's a PC. Just need one. Anyone got one they would sell? Any left at the shop Bri?

C1TIZEN_X
08-02-2017, 04:01 AM
Hey all, looking for a artist Carrie. Don't care if it's a PC. Just need one. Anyone got one they would sell? Any left at the shop Bri?

You can still get the gift edition on the CD site.

webstar1000
08-02-2017, 04:03 AM

Artist... traycase. NOT gift:)

C1TIZEN_X
08-02-2017, 04:09 AM

Artist... traycase. NOT gift:)

Sorry, didn't catch that part.

burial
08-02-2017, 05:55 AM

Just curious.

What are you going to to with them? I hope you will put them on a shelf... I hope you don't want to READ limited editions ;)

frik
08-02-2017, 06:03 AM
I hope you don't want to READ limited editions ;)

Then I must be doing something wrong here, Sebastian.
Limited editions being books, I always thought they were supposed to be read...
You mean...even, or better yet, especially, lettered editions should not be read either???

:orely:

:panic:

:tongue:

sk

MLG
08-02-2017, 06:33 AM

I am pretty sure I have a numbered Artist Edition of Carrie with a number matching Art Portfolio. I will have to double check when I get home though.

webstar1000
08-02-2017, 06:34 AM

I am pretty sure I have a numbered Artist Edition of Carrie with a number matching Art Portfolio. I will have to double check when I get home though.

PM Sent

andyg75
08-02-2017, 07:25 AM

I've got one that I was going to put on Ebay, it's #544 in F/F. I've also got an AE of 'Salem's Lot going spare too in F/F, that one is #281

St. Troy
08-02-2017, 07:42 AM
What are you going to to with them? I hope you will put them on a shelf... I hope you don't want to READ limited editions ;)

Shhh! Don't let SK hear you say this...he's not fond of books bought not to be read.

As for me, the only special book I have that I won't actually read (and I must point out that I don't have a collection in the sense that others here do) is an American first printing of Dickens' Our Mutual Friend, because I believe it may flake away to nothing if I did.

With modern day special editions, I certainly will read them, although I am highly unlikely to lend them out of my house. My daughter is the lucky exception, as she lives with me and can therefore borrow anything. She's not quite a King fan, but has read several of my SK books and enjoyed most of it. She read Salem's Lot and The Shining before I received the CD editions of those, but I've told her to take the CD GE when she's ready for Carrie. Secret wish: I've been telling her how great Different Seasons is, but I've tried not to push it on her just yet, as my copy is a beat-up paperback, and I hope that a certain publisher will do it justice in time for me to lend it to her.

As I said, I don't have a "collection" like the rest of you; all I really have for special editions are:

- CD GE's of Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining (I haven't read these yet, but I can't wait for my next reads of SL and TS, with all the bonuses and illustrations...2-color printing...thick paper...mmm)

- Folio Society editions of Churchill's The Second World War (6-volume set, reading now, it is wonderful) and Bertrand Russell's History of Western Philosophy (haven't read yet, but may get to it next year).

- I have some moderately special illustrated editions (Alan Lee and Ted Nasmith are wonderful) of some Tolkien things, but those are more "special" to me than actual limited editions (although, they are a bit oversized and heavy, so maybe I'm selling them short).

I do have hopes for the future:

- I definitely will grab the CD GEs for Night Shift and The Stand, and possibly Pet Sematary.

- I would like to grab a few other CD things, such as The Dark Man

- I would like to eventually grab some HarperCollins slipcased deluxe Tolkien works.

- Many, many Folio Society things are also on the "eventual list;" thankfully, the prices of FS productions often sink in the secondary market, and many bargains can be had (although a few key things seem to be pretty stubborn, Churchill's The World Crisis, The Chronicles of Narnia, and The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci among them, but I digress)

- And then I have the "I've got to get one before I die, but who am I kidding?" list, which includes things like CD's It and Centipede Press' Salem's Lot.

- And then there's the "if I win $10 million, I will buy" list, which thus far includes CD's lettered It, a roman numeral edition of CP's Salem's Lot, a full set of the 1937 Nonesuch Press Dickens' complete works, an original Dickens Christmas Books set, and both the gold and purple editions of A Christmas Carol illustrated by Arthur Rackham (I touched a gold one once...mmm).

...and I would read all of them.

RC65
08-02-2017, 10:08 AM
- I definitely will grab the CD GEs for Night Shift

Best hurry then...it's up for pre-order now, and apparently already 80% sold out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/night-shift-stephen-king.html

St. Troy
08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Best hurry then...it's up for pre-order now, and apparently already 80% sold out.

Thanks; I've ordered mine.

I wonder when this went up.

St. Troy
08-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Like many of you, I'd already seen an early listing of Night Shift and ordered then.

This new listing has much more detail than the previous (limited notice) one did; I wonder if there may yet be more detail added to this.

Ben Staad
08-02-2017, 11:30 AM
This one looks fantastic. Sadly I will need to pass on it but Wow!

Randall Flagg
08-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Who says it has.
People should adhere to the requests when/if they receive a notification.

ICry4Oy
08-02-2017, 11:50 AM
I got the public email a couple hours ago.

Roseannebarr
08-02-2017, 12:00 PM

Who says it has.

it is up on their website.

RC65
08-02-2017, 12:15 PM

Who says it has.

it is up on their website.

Correct. The public email for folks like me went out and it was up live on their website before I made mention of it. I have not bought any of the other editions direct though CD (until now, with NIGHT SHIFT), so I wasn't party to the private/hush-hush early email that went out and accounted for 80% of the sales before I got wind of it (along w/ everyone else).

St. Troy
08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
I wonder if The Stand will make the jump and be the first one to sell out entirely (I'm talking GE) based on early notice, prior to any general announcement.

Obviously, it's one of his most significant and loved works, and I have an acquaintance who has watched me buy the first 4 without jumping in, but dearly wants The Stand, sight unseen (well, except for the one piece of art CD let out, which I showed to him), and he can't be the only such person out there.

Randall Flagg
08-02-2017, 12:29 PM
My mistake. I was out at the movies and checked the site here before checking CD's site.

herbertwest
08-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Apparently, VFB says that they have 3 signed copies of NIGHT SHIFT on preorder at $350 each
>>> http://www.veryfinebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=sk157

webstar1000
08-03-2017, 09:05 AM
I still am looking for an Artist Carrie. No portfolio needed:) thanks!

St. Troy
08-03-2017, 09:05 AM
I've bought Carrie and 'Salem's Lot directly from CD and didn't receive the "secret" email about it. It's all good, all's well that ends well.

Assuming you didn't buy The Shining from CD (and why the bloody hell not??), maybe that took you off the early notice list (just a guess based on your details).

WeDealInLead
08-03-2017, 09:09 AM
I've bought Carrie and 'Salem's Lot directly from CD and didn't receive the "secret" email about it. It's all good, all's well that ends well.

Assuming you didn't buy The Shining from CD (and why the bloody hell not??), maybe that took you off the early notice list (just a guess based on your details).

I did. I tried to edit my post to say "previous GEs directly from CD", deleted it instead because I realized it didn't really matter, I got my Night Shift pre-order in.

mae
08-03-2017, 01:24 PM
What a sad day today. The Dark Tower film is apparently very blah and Night Shift doesn't contain any uncollected bonus stories.

:cry:

St. Troy
08-03-2017, 05:15 PM
...Night Shift doesn't contain any uncollected bonus stories.

I didn't want to be the one to broach the subject, but since you have...yes.

Might there be a chance of more detail (more extras) being announced later? Or is that pretty much a pipe dream at this point? I know CD had previously described Night Shift as being "in production," which to me suggested that this is a done deal as far as what's on the page, but they've been known to take their time, so...

Should we give up hope on this?

Brian James Freeman
08-03-2017, 05:39 PM
All I can say is, what you see on the Night Shift product page is what we could get approval for. We asked for anything and everything you can imagine for a possible bonus section, but this was the preferred and requested TOC. At the end of the day, we try to make the best book we can, even if it isn't exactly the book we dreamed of, and that is what we are doing here. The artwork is perfect for the tone of the book, in my opinion, and I know Stewart will nail the new afterword.

Brian

St. Troy
08-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Thanks Brian.

I hate to say anything that might sound negative; "disappointing" is not a word I attach to anything I've seen from CD. I think the nature of Night Shift is such that it allowed our imaginations to run away with the possibilities, which were vast, and it's tough for anyone to compete with another's imagination.

Brian James Freeman
08-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I hate to say anything that might sound negative; "disappointing" is not a word I attach to anything I've seen from CD. I think the nature of Night Shift is such that it allowed our imaginations to run away with the possibilities, which were vast, and it's tough for anyone to compete with another's imagination.

I think it would be tough for anyone to compete with MY imagination when it came to ideas for this project. Not everything we dream of is meant to be, but I can definitely understand anyone who is bummed. We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth. And I am really proud of how the book is coming together in terms of the production!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-03-2017, 07:41 PM
I meant to post this the other day but time got away from me... I really like the title page for the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king12titlepage_871x1300.jpg

CyberGhostface
08-03-2017, 07:45 PM
What's the second piece with the bloody apple supposed to be from?

Brian James Freeman
08-03-2017, 08:28 PM
What's the second piece with the bloody apple supposed to be from?

Mark Stutzman told me it was inspired by "Sometimes They Come Back."

mae
08-04-2017, 03:22 AM
I'm sure the book will be great, please don't get me wrong. I love CD books and other small publishers, and order new books like Gwendy right away. But I'm a reader first and foremost, not a collector, and so I don't buy these for the artwork. I pass on most limited editions unless there's exclusive King fiction. The Shining is one I initially passed on, since I didn't realize it would contain Before the Play and After the Play and all the deleted scenes. I suppose it was a pipe dream to have Night Shift include all those uncollected stories from The Glass Floor to The Crate. Maybe King is planning on a separate volume of these stories, and I'm sure CD would just jump at that opportunity.

Ben Mears
08-04-2017, 05:41 AM
We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth.
Brian

I have no doubt CD gave it their best but it is still disappointing news. Of all the books in the Doubleday project Night Shift represented the best opportunity for pulling together all of SK's short stories through 1977, especially those which he has already allowed CD to reprint in other anthologies. This is where SK can be his most baffling and frustrating. He complains about his dislike of limited editions and then allows multiple versions of the same book to be published but balks at allowing Night Shift to be a truly comprehensive collection of his early published works let alone some unpublished stories.

Papaseraphim
08-04-2017, 06:28 AM
I am sure King would like to keep the option open to publish all the old uncollected stories in a book of their own.

Maybe that is something that CD can propose to King.

My 2 cents...

We tried our best to get some really cool bonus features, for what it's worth.
Brian

I have no doubt CD gave it their best but it is still disappointing news. Of all the books in the Doubleday project Night Shift represented the best opportunity for pulling together all of SK's short stories through 1977, especially those which he has already allowed CD to reprint in other anthologies. This is where SK can be his most baffling and frustrating. He complains about his dislike of limited editions and then allows multiple versions of the same book to be published but balks at allowing Night Shift to be a truly comprehensive collection of his early published works let alone some unpublished stories.

Beverly Marsh
08-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Do you guys know if there will be remarques offered for Night Shift? This is my favorite King story collection so I'm hoping so!

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Do you guys know if there will be remarques offered for Night Shift? This is my favorite King story collection so I'm hoping so!

Yes, there will be! We know how many sheets the artists had time for and are working on, and we'll be offering the upgrade soon.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
08-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Yes, there will be! We know how many sheets the artists had time for and are working on, and we'll be offering the upgrade soon.

Brian

YES!! Thanks Brian! I love the artwork shown so far!!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Brian

Hi Brian,

Will people who purchased the previous remarques in the Doubleday series get advance notice to purchase a remarque upgrade for Night Shift, or will it be a free-for-all? :panic:

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Brian

Hi Brian,

Will people who purchased the previous remarques in the Doubleday series get advance notice to purchase a remarque upgrade for Night Shift, or will it be a free-for-all? :panic:

We will be contacting THE SHINING remarque collectors first!

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
08-04-2017, 10:27 AM

Brian

Hi Brian,

Brian

Cool! :rock:

C1TIZEN_X
08-04-2017, 11:02 AM

Brian

Hi Brian,

Brian

Just out of curiosity, how many Shining remarque collectors were there? I think I saw an auction on eBay that had a remarqued Shining and it said it was 1 of 100 special editions?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not I'll even have a chance to order one. I assume the number of remarques available is the same for both editions (Shining and Night Shift)? If that's the case it may be pretty tough to get one.

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many Shining remarque collectors were there? I think I saw an auction on eBay that had a remarqued Shining and it said it was 1 of 100 special editions?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not I'll even have a chance to order one. I assume the number of remarques available is the same for both editions (Shining and Night Shift)? If that's the case it may be pretty tough to get one.

Great question! Glenn Chadbourne had time for 100 art sheets for THE SHINING and he'll be doing the same number for NIGHT SHIFT. Chris Odgers, who provided the creepy interiors for NIGHT SHIFT, was able to make time to 25 sheets.

Brian

C1TIZEN_X
08-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Great question! Glenn Chadbourne had time for 100 art sheets for THE SHINING and he'll be doing the same number for NIGHT SHIFT. Chris Odgers, who provided the creepy interiors for NIGHT SHIFT, was able to make time to 25 sheets.

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian. I am not optimistic about my chances, but I can always hope I get a chance.

andyg75
08-04-2017, 12:27 PM

Brian

And when the time comes, how do we order these special Remarqued editions? Do I need to purchase a copy and hope I get it 'upgraded' or do I order an upgraded copy when they come available?

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2017, 12:48 PM
And when the time comes, how do we order these special Remarqued editions? Do I need to purchase a copy and hope I get it 'upgraded' or do I order an upgraded copy when they come available?

The upgrade is offered first to those who already have a copy on order with us.

Brian

andyg75
08-04-2017, 01:16 PM

The upgrade is offered first to those who already have a copy on order with us.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I've always wondered. You learn something new every day :)

herbertwest
08-06-2017, 01:50 PM
So were all the copies of THE SHINING sent to PS Publishing yet?

The Library Policeman
08-06-2017, 02:01 PM

I'm still waiting on both my copies from PS, Jeremy.

frik
08-06-2017, 08:18 PM

I'm still waiting on both my copies from PS, Jeremy.

One has arrived in the Netherlands.

sk

Kingfan24
08-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Hi Brian - will portfolio remarques continued to be offered going forward? I don't do remarques in books and loved getting all the portfolios remarqued so far.

Brian James Freeman
08-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Hi Brian - will portfolio remarques continued to be offered going forward? I don't do remarques in books and loved getting all the portfolios remarqued so far.

I would think so, yep!

Brian

frik
08-07-2017, 09:31 AM

I would think so, yep!

Brian

The offer came in a little while ago.
Couldn't resist, an ordered both remarques for my Artist Edition.

sk