PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

cryptkeeper
03-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Good luck to everyone in the lottery. To those long-time, loyal customers who have already secured copies, congratulations. You deserve it and I'm happy for you. This is very exciting.

east-tennessee
03-07-2017, 08:05 PM
I was offered one...GWENDYS BOX... and accepted it ...:dance:

firemonkey66
03-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Has anybody bought a lettered yet? Or has that not been an option?

shaq
03-08-2017, 01:05 AM
The lettered was offered and dropped off at some point. I assume they were all sold.

Cheers

webstar1000
03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Brian, for interest sake... how many people are in your lottery?

Bev Vincent
03-08-2017, 08:46 AM

How many black stones and how many white stones?

Brian861
03-08-2017, 08:48 AM

Rumor has it over 2K, Kris.

Brian James Freeman
03-08-2017, 08:49 AM

I'll post the final tally this evening!

Brian

webstar1000
03-08-2017, 08:50 AM

I would have bet more. CRAZY... for 50 books! I think that is what I seen on their FB page. Some happy cats though! Excited to see the list!

Kingfan24
03-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Hey Brian - does Dan have a ship date on the salems remarqued portfolios?

DanHocker
03-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Hey Brian - does Dan have a ship date on the salems remarqued portfolios?

Not a specific shipping date, but I believe it's next in the shipping list. We'll probably start on them next week. The remarques will be at the end of that though, we always save those for last just so we don't get anything mixed up.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-08-2017, 10:01 AM

I would have bet more. CRAZY... for 50 books! I think that is what I seen on their FB page. Some happy cats though! Excited to see the list!

Knowing the level of excitement that surrounds this book, I would expect around 3.5K people have signed up to the lottery.

If this figure is correct, it means that CD will have enough people in the lottery, that they could sell the entire print run of the S/L ten times over! :clap:

Brian861
03-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Knowing the level of excitement that surrounds this book, I would expect around 3.5K people have signed up to the lottery.

If this figure is correct, it means that CD will have enough people in the lottery, that they could sell the entire print run of the S/L ten times over! :clap:

I'd agree, Tim that it has probably far exceeded 2K by this point. The lottery close this afternoon, correct?

Brian861
03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Dan. Do you have anymore of these in the warehouse? I'm in need of another one but no longer see them listed on the website. Thanks!

DanHocker
03-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Dan. Do you have anymore of these in the warehouse? I'm in need of another one but no longer see them listed on the website. Thanks!

Unfortunately we are completely out of that one.

Brian861
03-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Unfortunately we are completely out of that one.

Thanks for checking!

amd013
03-08-2017, 04:11 PM

Not necessarily, as some people have speculated before, its likely there are some people who have their whole family, and neighbors, and their dogs and cats on the list.

webstar1000
03-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Kind of excited to hear how many entered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall Flagg
03-08-2017, 04:32 PM

How many people, or how many entries?

webstar1000
03-08-2017, 04:32 PM

How many people, or how many entries?

Entries

Randall Flagg
03-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Just a wild guess, 3,000 entries, but duplicates, mutiple entries that CD eliminated brings the true number below 1,000.

webstar1000
03-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Just a wild guess, 3,000 entries, but duplicates, mutiple entries that CD eliminated brings the true number below 1,000.

Yeah I imagine

Merlin1958
03-08-2017, 05:20 PM
We should have an informal pool. $10 to the HF for 1 guess, winner gets 5 entries into the Grand Prize and bragging rights. What do yoy say, El Jefe/Brian?

I'd be in for $10 and a guess of 4,318 folks in the lottery.

jsweet
03-08-2017, 06:04 PM
For lack of a better place to put this ... not saying this is a CD problem
Just throwing this out there for folks to keep an eye on their credit card statements - I have an Amex card that I use just for eBay, PayPal and publisher-direct purchases (mostly CD but also Subterranean, Dark Regions and Gauntlet on occasion) and I just had to get it replaced for the second time in the last six months for fraudulent activity. I figure a lot of other members are shopping at those places, so just wanted to mention it.

Randall Flagg
03-08-2017, 07:46 PM
We should have an informal pool. $10 to the HF for 1 guess, winner gets 5 entries into the Grand Prize and bragging rights. What do yoy say, El Jefe/Brian?

I' d be in for $10 and a guess of 4,318 folks in the lottery.

Sounds too late.

Merlin1958
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM

I' d be in for $10 and a guess of 4,318 folks in the lottery.

Sounds too late.

Oh well, just a thought. Though if, Brian was on board he could delay??????? Oh well. They all (Ideas) can't be diamonds!!! lol

webstar1000
03-09-2017, 08:26 AM
VERY happy to be able to say I have purchased my first S/L, as new, from the Publisher. I have bought a lot from CD but this is the first one with a King signature and is very exciting. Thanks Brian and the team at CD for making this happen. I feel with Richard being so involved we are going to see one FANTASTIC production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-09-2017, 08:27 AM
VERY happy to be able to say I have purchased my first S/L, as new, from the Publisher. I have bought a lot from CD but this is the first one with a King signature and is very exciting. Thanks Brian and the team at CD for making this happen. I feel with Richard being so involved we are going to see one FANTASTIC production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto! Very excited

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 08:29 AM
The final count was around 2,300 entries in the drawing for 51 available copies. We've had a few people decline, so we're picking more winners today, etc. We will email EVERYONE who entered when all of the copies are gone, so you know.

Brian

Brian861
03-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Congrats, guys!

Fsmdr
03-09-2017, 08:39 AM
When will Gwendy's Button Box be published?

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 08:48 AM

Trade hardcover edition will be published on May 30, 2017.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-button-box-stephen-king-richard-chizmar.html

Brian

Fsmdr
03-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Trade hardcover edition will be published on May 30, 2017.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-button-box-stephen-king-richard-chizmar.html

Brian

Thanks Brian. Would the Lettered and Signed Limited comes right after?

jsmcmullen92
03-09-2017, 09:15 AM
The final count was around 2,300 entries in the drawing for 51 available copies. We've had a few people decline, so we're picking more winners today, etc. We will email EVERYONE who entered when all of the copies are gone, so you know.

Brian

Who the heck would enter then decline? That makes no sense to me unless you managed to pick a guy, his wife, and his mother lol

stroppygoblin
03-09-2017, 09:17 AM

Brian

Who the heck would enter then decline? That makes no sense to me unless you managed to pick a guy, his wife, and his mother lol

well it's not small change. It's easy to click to enter a draw, but when someone says, "ok you win, pay up", they suddenly realise the funds are not available....

webstar1000
03-09-2017, 09:19 AM

Brian

A lot on one of the King FB sites I am on.. they ALL thought it was a free one. I told them it was rights to buy one only. When I told them $450/$1750... no one was interested. They only buy gift editions for the most part.

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 09:19 AM

The signed editions will be later this year. Completely different trim size for the book, some extra artwork that is in progress now, and one of the authors is tougher than the other to nail down a schedule for signing the sheets. Also, the coins will need minted and then the traycases made. I'm not starting the cases until after the books are finished. I'm pretty gun-shy on using dummy books these days! I'll post some updates when I get a more formal timeline nailed down. Right now, I'm juggling all of the media and retailer contacts on the trade hardcover, which is eating up a lot of time!

Brian

webstar1000
03-09-2017, 09:20 AM

The signed editions will be later this year. Completely different trim size for the book, some extra artwork that is in progress now, and one of the authors is tougher than the other to nail down a schedule for signing the sheets. Also, the coins will need minted and then the traycases made. I'm not starting the cases until after the books are finished. I'm pretty gun-shy on using dummy books these days! I'll post some updates when I get a more formal timeline nailed down. Right now, I'm juggling all of the media and retailer contacts on the trade hardcover, which is eating up a lot of time!

Brian

Thanks for the update. Sounds like fall/winter which is ok:)

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 09:22 AM

Brian

A lot on one of the King FB sites I am on.. they ALL thought it was a free one. I told them it was rights to buy one only. When I told them $450/$1750... no one was interested. They only buy gift editions for the most part.

Yeah, I heard about that. I thought the page was clear, but live and learn.

For the most part, the declines have been, "I really want to, but my wife/husband talked me out of it because we really need to use that money elsewhere."

Which I TOTALLY understand. It is a lot of money. I believe the collectors who take a chance on these editions will be very pleased, but if you have to decide between this book or your kid's dental work, you'd better not pick the book!

Brian

jsmcmullen92
03-09-2017, 09:25 AM

Brian

For the most part, the declines have been, "I really want to, but my wife/husband talked me out of it because we really need to use that money elsewhere."

Which I TOTALLY understand. It is a lot of money. I believe the collectors who take a chance on these editions will be very pleased, but if you have to decide between this book or your kid's dental work, you'd better not pick the book!

Brian

Depends if you are British or not ;)

http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/460x300_austinpowers.jpg

Bev Vincent
03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
... and one of the authors is tougher than the other to nail down a schedule for signing the sheets.

Yeah, that Chizmar dude...

jsweet
03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
I had the opportunity and took the plunge. It is also my first King S/L and will only be my third signed King book -- I picked up Revival from a member here and got End of Watch on the tour last summer.

cryptkeeper
03-09-2017, 09:52 AM
I had the opportunity too, and purchased the S/L, although now I wish I had also bought the lettered edition when I had the chance. I guess I'm a little greedy.

sharki69
03-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Brian, are all the lottery winning emails been sent out ?

stroppygoblin
03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
but if you have to decide between this book or your kid's dental work, you'd better not pick the book!

Brian

This will be my 29th S/L. This is one of my kids...

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/nerdy-kid-bad-teeth-3692228.jpg

becca69
03-09-2017, 10:04 AM

Brian

Brian

Who needs straight teeth :rolleyes:

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Brian, are all the lottery winning emails been sent out ?

Additional entries are being drawn when people decline, so not yet!

Brian861
03-09-2017, 01:47 PM
but if you have to decide between this book or your kid's dental work, you'd better not pick the book!

Brian

This will be my 29th S/L. This is one of my kids...

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/nerdy-kid-bad-teeth-3692228.jpg

:lol:

Roseannebarr
03-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Brian

What is Chizmar doing that he is harder than King to get signing sheets done? He must be working too hard on the SK Revisited project.

Frankie
03-09-2017, 02:04 PM

Brian

I can't remember anything about what it said but I definitely understood that it was an opportunity to buy one, not win one. Some people just don't read to gud I guess.

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 02:08 PM
What is Chizmar doing that he is harder than King to get signing sheets done? He must be working too hard on the SK Revisited project.

I told him he needs to write a SKR update about how he was SUPPOSED to be writing his essay on The Talisman but he ended up writing a book with SK instead...

amd013
03-09-2017, 02:15 PM

I told him he needs to write a SKR update about how he was SUPPOSED to be writing his essay on The Talisman but he ended up writing a book with SK instead...

That's just one more book he will need to revisit.

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM

That's just one more book he will need to revisit.

Yeah, I told him he was just adding to his future workload, but what can you do, right?

wolfehr
03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
I had the opportunity to purchase and got a copy of the S/L and Lettered. It's going to be my fist King limited that I purchased directly from the publisher. Needless to say, I'm very excited :)

AKC
03-09-2017, 03:02 PM
You guys should go buy a lottery ticket.

51 copies out of 2,300 and a lot finding their way here.

Amazing. Unreal. Defies logic.

cryptkeeper
03-09-2017, 03:17 PM
I had the opportunity to purchase and got a copy of the S/L and Lettered. It's going to be my fist King limited that I purchased directly from the publisher. Needless to say, I'm very excited :)

Good on you. Although both additions will certainly be beautifully done, the Lettered should be exceptional. I must confess a smidgen of jealousy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AstroDad
03-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Can't wait to see how these turn out. Along with so many others, this is the first King signed limited that has come out since I started collecting so I am really excited about it.

Randall Flagg
03-09-2017, 06:48 PM
You guys should go buy a lottery ticket.

51 copies out of 2,300 and a lot finding their way here.

Amazing. Unreal. Defies logic.
This site/thread just has good mojo.

cit74
03-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Always good mojo on the site (for the most part)

burial
03-09-2017, 10:59 PM
I can't wait to see these editions... i couldn't afford lettered but i'm waiting for s/l

Robert Fulman
03-10-2017, 05:53 AM

Brian

"coins"? I don't remember that detail from the description.

cit74
03-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Brian

Can't find the product page (guessing it's down until all lottery copies are spoken for) but there was mention of the coin and a unique stamp on the heads side (I think).

Beverly Marsh
03-10-2017, 06:28 AM
Yay! Congrats all! I love seeing that fellow members were able to get an S/L or Lettered edition.
This is also my first S/L direct from publisher so pretty excited about it.

Ben Staad
03-10-2017, 06:32 AM
Congrats to everyone who was selected!

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2017, 06:38 AM

Brian

Can't find the product page (guessing it's down until all lottery copies are spoken for) but there was mention of the coin and a unique stamp on the heads side (I think).

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/gwendys-button-box-by-stephen-king-and-richard-chizmar/

Br!an
03-10-2017, 06:49 AM
"This special edition will have an OVERSIZED trim size of 7 inches by 10 inches and will include an additional piece of full color artwork by Ben Baldwin and additional interior illustrations by Keith Minnion, along with a CUSTOM-MINTED nickel coin featuring a very special surprise for the “heads” side. There will only be enough coins produced for the signed editions and this coin will never be minted again."

dnemec
03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Would've loved to get the lettered, but the IRS is owed some money so that was a no-go. I did however buy the S/L. To me it was a no brainer!

cryptkeeper
03-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Would've loved to get the lettered, but the IRS is owed some money so that was a no-go. I did however buy the S/L. To me it was a no brainer!
I haven't even looked at my taxes yet. Did you have to remind me?

Br!an
03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
I haven't even looked at my taxes yet. Did you have to remind me?

:panic:

Cwalker
03-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Glad to hear this!
Not the tax part, the other bit. :)

dnemec
03-10-2017, 04:25 PM

Glad to hear this!
Not the tax part, the other bit. :)

Thanks, Chris. :)

Johnny Alien
03-10-2017, 06:22 PM
The Tabitha King book is being shipped and it looks like there are some copies in stock for those that missed out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/small-world-by-tabitha-king-signed-limited-edition.html

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2017, 06:23 PM
The Tabitha King book is being shipped and it looks like there are some copies in stock for those that missed out.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/small-world-by-tabitha-king-signed-limited-edition.html

Approximately 15 left!

Brian

TCCBodhi
03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Bummer! I missed out on this one. It should be a REALLY interesting project! Congrats to everyone that won.

AKC
03-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Anybody know how many of each card King signed for the 350 Blockade Billy S/Ls?

Note the catalog. Two different cards used with Kings pic and sig.

The one with him in front of bleachers/seats seems to be more popular but, could be wrong.

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Anybody know how many of each card King signed for the 350 Blockade Billy S/Ls?

Note the catalog. Two different cards used with Kings pic and sig.

The one with him in front of bleachers/seats seems to be more popular but, could be wrong.

Yeah ive seen it mentioned here before. I think the bleacher backdrop was much more prevalent if memory serves

Br!an
03-11-2017, 06:52 AM
brianjamesfreeman.com (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2012/04/03/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/#more-1719)
http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/ (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2012/04/03/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/#more-1719)

The Secret History of Stephen King’s Baseball Cards

As many of you know, Lonely Road Books (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com) published a deluxe Limited Edition and a deluxe Lettered Edition of Blockade Billy (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/blockadebilly/about.html) by Stephen King. They looked something like this (click on any of the images for the full gallery on the LRB website):

(http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/blockadebilly/photos.html)
https://i0.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/billy01.jpg?resize=360%2C239 (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/blockadebilly/photos.html)
https://i2.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/BBlimited01.JPG?resize=360%2C270 (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/blockadebilly/photos.html)
https://i0.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/BBlettered01.JPG?resize=360%2C270 (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/blockadebilly/photos.html)

Many collectors already know that Stephen King autographed his first-ever baseball cards as his way of signing these special editions, which I thought was very cool, but what no one outside a small group knew until now is that there were actually two different baseball cards created for King. Here’s how this unique and unusual collectible item came to be:

After running the baseball card idea by King, who loved it, we hired a local shop to custom-make a uniform and baseball cap for the fictional New Jersey Titans. These items were shipped down to King in Florida and we waited to see what happened. A few weeks later, the results of a photo shoot arrived.

We narrowed the photos down to one image and Kate Freeman Design (http://www.katefreeman.com/) went to work, creating two versions of the card. The first version used the original photo of King exactly as it was taken. The second version used the same photo of King, only he was photoshopped into a stock photo of Wrigley field. (We didn’t want to use a photo of Fenway because that seemed a little clichéd given King’s well-known affinity for the team, but we did want something that evoked an earlier era of baseball.)

Here are the two versions of the card before Kate finished aging them a bit:

https://i1.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/stephenkingbaseballcard2.jpg?resize=275%2C396
https://i2.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/stephenkingbaseballcard.jpg?resize=275%2C395

We ran the cards by the folks who needed to approve them, and no one could pick a favorite because everyone liked both of them for different reasons. In the end, we printed both designs because the book is about a baseball player with a secret and we thought it would be fun for this special edition to also have a secret or two of its own.

Approximately 25% of the “original photo” cards without the baseball field background were sent out to customers with their books, making it the rarer version of the two.

Here is a photo of one of the signed cards:

https://i2.wp.com/www.lonelyroadbooks.com/images/books/blockadebilly/BB02.JPG?resize=420%2C560

AKC
03-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Thanks for posting the write-up!

Yep, that's what I thought regarding the rarity of the "original" card.

Brian James Freeman
03-11-2017, 08:44 AM
brianjamesfreeman.com (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2012/04/03/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/#more-1719)
http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/ (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2012/04/03/stephen-kings-baseball-cards/#more-1719)

The Secret History of Stephen King’s Baseball Cards

I love when Past Brian helps out Future Brian like this. :)

Brian

bdwyer19
03-11-2017, 09:25 AM
I wonder how much the non-Wrigley Field signed card would affect the value of the S/L.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-11-2017, 10:16 AM

Brian

That's because 'Present' Brian owns a DeLorean time machine.... ;)

Room 217 Caretaker
03-11-2017, 10:45 AM

Brian

.....or a diner.

Brian861
03-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Brian

.....or a diner.

:thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
03-11-2017, 06:24 PM
This looks legit to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Richard-Chizmar-Gwendys-Button-Box-Advance-Uncorrected-Proof-ARC-/201849936354?hash=item2eff3199e2:g:kWgAAOSwhQhYxJJ f

:cool:

Brian

jon10g
03-12-2017, 06:04 AM

Approximately 15 left!

Brian

Any chance of these going to PS Publishing. US postage and U.K. Customs has killed off my buying direct from America.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Any chance of these going to PS Publishing. US postage and U.K. Customs has killed off my buying direct from America.

You shouldn't be paying UK customs charges on any book purchases from the US. Printed paper (books, posters etc) are exempt from import customs duty and VAT in the UK.

somekindofstranger
03-12-2017, 08:43 AM

You shouldn't be paying UK customs charges on any book purchases from the US. Printed paper (books, posters etc) are exempt from import customs duty and VAT in the UK.

This is true so long as the person shipping correctly says BOOK on the customs label... I had a couple of problems last year - Jean Cocteau bookstore shipped one parcel with a customs label that just said 'game of thrones' and Fairy Magazine shipped a signed Charles Vess book with a label that said 'gift / jewellery ' (which I assume is a standard label they use). The problem then is proving what you received when you fill in a tax reclaim form, which is a hassle

Brian James Freeman
03-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Approximately 15 left!

Brian

I know PS Publishing ordered the book, but I don't know if they have any copies left!

jon10g
03-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Thanks. I will have a look.

Brian James Freeman
03-12-2017, 06:45 PM
I figured I'd mention this now for future reference:

For those who snag a Gwendy's Button Box ARC from a reviewer or wherever, you'll want to note that there are approximately 15 to 20 little changes between that version of the text and the final file I sent to the printer for the 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover. Mostly some word choice changes by the authors, but also corrections of a few anachronisms. (Meaning the anachronisms that DO remain are there because the authors wanted them there!).

Brian

Ben Staad
03-13-2017, 09:11 AM
Brian, Is there any update on The City of Mirrors? Production page lists this as deep into production.

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Brian, Is there any update on The City of Mirrors? Production page lists this as deep into production.

It's basically ready for the printer, from what I recall, so we just have a few titles ahead of it to get through first.

Brian

Joe315
03-13-2017, 09:22 AM

It's basically ready for the printer, from what I recall, so we just have a few titles ahead of it to get through first.

Brian

What about the lettered editions of The Twelve?

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2017, 09:26 AM

Brian

Cases are still in production, I'll ask Mindy to kick our case maker again to get him moving!

Brian

Joe315
03-13-2017, 09:39 AM

Brian

Cases are still in production, I'll ask Mindy to kick our case maker again to get him moving!

Brian

Ha! Thanks

Ben Staad
03-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Thank you for the reply.

Brian

webstar1000
03-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Brian, whats a good estimate for the Shining to get out?

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Brian, whats a good estimate for the Shining to get out?

May is when I'm hoping to have the Gift Edition slipcases and the Limited Edition traycases!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2017, 06:13 PM
The first official review I've seen for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX has been posted:

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-first-review-gwendys-button-box-stephen-king-richard-chizmar/

If you've been wondering about the nature of the button box, some answers await you there. :)

Brian

cryptkeeper
03-13-2017, 06:24 PM
The first official review I've seen for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX has been posted:

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-first-review-gwendys-button-box-stephen-king-richard-chizmar/

If you've been wondering about the nature of the button box, some answers await you there. :)

Brian
That's a great review. I can't wait to get my copy and read the book.

Beverly Marsh
03-15-2017, 06:22 AM
Received Small World on Monday! Very nice book and I'm looking forward to the next one. Which will be.....? ;)

This gives me signatures from all of the King writers in the family!

Brian861
03-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Received Small World on Monday! Very nice book and I'm looking forward to the next one. Which will be.....? ;)

Nice grab, Lori!

Cwalker
03-15-2017, 10:08 AM

Mine is still sitting in NC, but with the weather we have been having, I'm okay with a little delay. :)

drain74
03-15-2017, 07:15 PM
A couple of production questions:
- Timing of "Vacation"? Shown as shipping in January.
- Bentley Little's "The Summoning"?

Also how long will you be offering the slip case for the new Stephen and Owen King book?

Thanks

Brian James Freeman
03-15-2017, 08:09 PM

Also how long will you be offering the slip case for the new Stephen and Owen King book?

Thanks

Vacation should be soon, I think. It's been in the warehouse for a while, but got stuck in the traffic jam of books that arrived.

The Summoning and a couple of other Little titles will be published this year.

We'll offer the slipcase for Sleeping Beauties through the summer at least.

Brian

DanHocker
03-16-2017, 06:27 AM

Thanks

Vacation should be soon, I think. It's been in the warehouse for a while, but got stuck in the traffic jam of books that arrived.

The Summoning and a couple of other Little titles will be published this year.

We'll offer the slipcase for Sleeping Beauties through the summer at least.

Brian

Yea Vacation is here and just needs to be fit into the shipping schedule. I believe it's currently #3 in the shipping queue at the moment, though that queue is subject to change based on "pirority" (for lack of a better term). Up next are the Salem's Lot portfolios.

Br!an
03-16-2017, 07:54 AM

Which will be... revealed later?

I noticed that Tabitha doesn't have an author's page on the CD site.

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2017, 07:57 AM

Soon...!

Br!an
03-16-2017, 08:02 AM

Soon...!

Thanks, Brian! I know you guys have plenty to do.

wolfehr
03-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Just got an email that Small World Lettered Edition shipped :dance:

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-16-2017, 04:15 PM
I've been waiting for :

SCREAMPLAYS lettered edition for almost 3 years

THE TWELVE lettered edition for almost 3 years

THE FALL Limited and lettered edition for I don't know how long

Any updates on when these will be finished?

drain74
03-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks Brian & Dan for the news on what is coming up with Bently Little and shipping.

I checked if I had requested matching numbers for the Salem's Lot protfolio and I have.

Thanks again.

ICry4Oy
03-16-2017, 05:54 PM
I've been waiting for :

I don't know about the other two, but Lonely Road Books site says:

I have great news for collectors waiting for The Fall (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/books/the-fall/). The book is done at the printer and the slipcases will be completed in March, so this book will ship in late March.

Brian861
03-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Congrats, Brian and Norman on The Halloween Children being published by Hydra/Random House!

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2017, 12:43 AM
I've been waiting for :

I will have to ask Mindy about THE TWELVE and SCREAMPLAYS, she still handles that vendor, but I feel like he was working on THE TWELVE the last time I asked.

The books and slipcases for the Limited Edition of THE FALL are in the warehouse, it's just a matter of getting them into the shipping queue. The traycases for the Lettered Edition should be completed this summer.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Congrats, Brian and Norman on The Halloween Children being published by Hydra/Random House!

Thank you very much!

becca69
03-17-2017, 05:52 AM
I know I've asked before but any word on lettered Gone Girl?

DanHocker
03-17-2017, 06:29 AM
I know I've asked before but any word on lettered Gone Girl?

I had actually planned to ship that about a month or so ago, but I realized we were short some cases. Supposedly the vendor just shipped what he had done and is still working on the rest, so soon hopefully.

tippy4
03-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Any ETA on the End of Watch Slipcases?

AKC
03-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Looking for Spare DJ for Doctor Sleep #'d S/L.

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2017, 04:58 PM

I've heard from reliable sources that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting much closer. April seems possible, depending on Dan's shipping schedule once they arrive.

I'm pitching some ideas to Richard for things we could do that would allow us to thank everyone who has been so incredibly patient with the process on these. Not sure which one he'll pick, but we'll be in touch via email around the time the cases ship, so please make sure your email address is up-to-date with Mindy. order@cemeterydance.com

Thank you!

Brian

Randall Flagg
03-18-2017, 05:47 PM

I've heard from reliable sources that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting much closer. April seems possible, depending on Dan's shipping schedule once they arrive.

I'm pitching some ideas to Richard for things we could do that would allow us to thank everyone who has been so incredibly patient with the process on these. Not sure which one he'll pick, but we'll be in touch via email around the time the cases ship, so please make sure your email address is up-to-date with Mindy. order@cemeterydance.com

Thank you!

Brian
And don't forget to send Mindy a thank you note. Preferably written in a 4 font at the bottom of a $20, $50, $100 bill..

stroppygoblin
03-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Anybody have a spare S/L IT tray case they would be willing to part with? Waiting on a reply from Dan Hocker, but covering all bases.

Sorted :)

Aronstg
03-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Is there any idea of when The Exorcist for the 21st Century and Stephen King Limited will be here? Any updates on these?

Brian James Freeman
03-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Is there any idea of when The Exorcist for the 21st Century and Stephen King Limited will be here? Any updates on these?

The Exorcist for the 21st Century will hopefully be out in late summer. It has to be scheduled around other Exorcist related "things" in the great big world out there!

Stephen King Limited is in a weird state of limbo. The interior text is designed and basically set, although the author is updating it as new books are announced. But we've been hunting for two years to find a really good solution to our PHOTOS problem. What we need are high quality, professional photos of EVERY Stephen King Limited Edition.

We had someone volunteer to travel to an SK super collector's house and take the photos, but with the significant travel costs involved, it doesn't work for the budget.

We're talking to a few of our high-end collectors now about hiring a photographer who is local to them to take a day or two and do a shoot at their house, so the books don't need to travel. But it's an invasive request to have a stranger come to your house with your expensive book collection, so it's proving difficult.

If someone on here has every single SK Limited Edition easily accessibly (meaning, in your home or office and not in storage), and you like the idea of having high quality photos of your books for your records, feel free to drop me a line. Maybe we could use a DT.org collector's collection for the book! :)

Best,
Brian

Merlin1958
03-19-2017, 07:33 PM

The Exorcist for the 21st Century will hopefully be out in late summer. It has to be scheduled around other Exorcist related "things" in the great big world out there!

Stephen King Limited is in a weird state of limbo. The interior text is designed and basically set, although the author is updating it as new books are announced. But we've been hunting for two years to find a really good solution to our PHOTOS problem. What we need are high quality, professional photos of EVERY Stephen King Limited Edition.

We had someone volunteer to travel to an SK super collector's house and take the photos, but with the significant travel costs involved, it doesn't work for the budget.

We're talking to a few of our high-end collectors now about hiring a photographer who is local to them to take a day or two and do a shoot at their house, so the books don't need to travel. But it's an invasive request to have a stranger come to your house with your expensive book collection, so it's proving difficult.

If someone on here has every single SK Limited Edition easily accessibly (meaning, in your home or office and not in storage), and you like the idea of having high quality photos of your books for your records, feel free to drop me a line. Maybe we could use a DT.org collector's collection for the book! :)

Best,
Brian

WOW!!! That would be cool!!! And, as luck would have it, El Jefe is installing new floors and paint!!!! lol lol lol

Then again, maybe not so crazy?

sentinel
03-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Hey Brian,
Any update on Six Scary Stories traycase edition? Thanks!

DanHocker
03-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Hey Brian,

Do you mean the slipcased trade hardcover?

Br!an
03-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Hey Brian,

That must be what he meant.

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Hey Brian,

I panicked for a moment thinking I had lost track of another book! :)

Slipcases are in production, but THE SHINING cases have been the main focus on their staff since January or so, which means SIX SCARY STORIES will take longer than normal. I'll post some news when THE SHINING cases are out of their way and they get me a ship date!

Brian

sentinel
03-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Hey Brian,

I panicked for a moment thinking I had lost track of another book! :)

Slipcases are in production, but THE SHINING cases have been the main focus on their staff since January or so, which means SIX SCARY STORIES will take longer than normal. I'll post some news when THE SHINING cases are out of their way and they get me a ship date!

Brian

Yes, thanks. If you ordered the book and slipcase together were they suppose to come together? I see the book is already for sale.

sentinel
03-21-2017, 06:37 AM
Hey Brian,

Actually my receipt for ordering says traycase.

Six Scary Stories selected by Stephen King (NEW BOOK!)
KING15
Limited Edition Limited Edition Traycase

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Yes, thanks. If you ordered the book and slipcase together were they suppose to come together? I see the book is already for sale.

They ship together, but if you email Mindy, she can have your book shipped separately! Just let her know I sent you her way. order@cemeteydance.com

Starting with GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX, we're changing how these types of TRADE books with slipcases are listed in our order management system. For future announcements, the books and cases will ship separately. (We cannot change already existing orders.)

This should be the plan for any future trade editions from Scribner as well if all goes as planned.

Gift Editions like THE SHINING will still be shipped book & slipcase together since that is how the book is being published/issued.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 06:45 AM
Actually my receipt for ordering says traycase.

Six Scary Stories selected by Stephen King (NEW BOOK!)
KING15
Limited Edition Limited Edition Traycase

There are all kinds of things wrong with that, ha! Must have been a glitch in the store coding because the book is not a Limited Edition and the slipcase is not a traycase, obviously. But we've been working out some kinks with the new store since launch, so I'm never surprised by the odd things it does sometimes!

Brian

sentinel
03-21-2017, 07:01 AM
No problem, I'm good, thanks for the update!

Tommy
03-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Has CD received their copies of Last Train from Perdition?

becca69
03-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Somehow my copy of Small World decided to take an 8-day trip to North Carolina instead of heading straight up I95 to it's final destination (which normally takes about 1.5 hrs to drive). I think it decided to stay - better weather maybe?

Brian861
03-21-2017, 09:13 AM

They ship together, but if you email Mindy, she can have your book shipped separately! Just let her know I sent you her way. order@cemeteydance.com

Starting with GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX, we're changing how these types of TRADE books with slipcases are listed in our order management system. For future announcements, the books and cases will ship separately. (We cannot change already existing orders.)

This should be the plan for any future trade editions from Scribner as well if all goes as planned.

Gift Editions like THE SHINING will still be shipped book & slipcase together since that is how the book is being published/issued.

Brian

Brian. Will the option still be available to have books shipped with the slipcase? My purchases from CD are usually for collecting purposes only so I don't mind the wait for the slipcases. I purchase/borrow/steal, etc reading copies from other sources :evil:

DanHocker
03-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Has CD received their copies of Last Train from Perdition?

Not yet.

DanHocker
03-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Brian

Brian. Will the option still be available to have books shipped with the slipcase? My purchases from CD are usually for collecting purposes only so I don't mind the wait for the slipcases. I purchase/borrow/steal, etc reading copies from other sources :evil:

Seems unlikely. It can get really confusing on the shipping end of things when we're doing things multiple ways, plus it would mean more options on the website, and you'd be surprised as to how much confusion that would cause on the purchasing end of things.

wolfehr
03-21-2017, 09:54 AM
A limited edition Gwendy's Button Box t-shirt is up for pre-order.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendy-tshirt.html

Cwalker
03-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Somehow my copy of Small World decided to take an 8-day trip to North Carolina instead of heading straight up I95 to it's final destination (which normally takes about 1.5 hrs to drive). I think it decided to stay - better weather maybe?

Mine took the same south-first, north-later trip with a five day NC layover, but arrived today in perfect condition with my "spur of the moment" requested number. Very pleased to say CD does it again!

Brian861
03-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Brian

Seems unlikely. It can get really confusing on the shipping end of things when we're doing things multiple ways, plus it would mean more options on the website, and you'd be surprised as to how much confusion that would cause on the purchasing end of things.

Makes sense. Thanks, Dan!

shaq
03-21-2017, 02:15 PM
I know this is highly unlikely but do you happen to have a CD The Exorcist/Legion Lettered tray case hidden in a corner of your warehouse that I could purchase.

I think unlikely but thought I would ask

Thanks, Dave

ke7285
03-21-2017, 02:25 PM

Ordered one today, shipping almost as much the shirt! Just a received a shirt today in mailed in a bag from LA for $3.99, CD cheapest is 13.50

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 05:39 PM

Ordered one today, shipping almost as much the shirt! Just a received a shirt today in mailed in a bag from LA for $3.99, CD cheapest is 13.50

We don't ship in bags... but your shipping options *should* have been in this range:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/shipping.jpg

It'll vary a little based on location, of course. If you paid $13.50 for the Post Office option, email Mindy and she can refund the difference!

We still don't have Parcel Post working on the new website, but this is the first item we've offered where it would have been an option, I think. (Shirts and slipcases cannot go Media Mail, but books and magazines qualify and that's most of what we sell!)

Brian

wolfehr
03-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Hey Brian,

I got two shirts shipped to NYC and the USPS Priority Mail option was $19.28.

I expected to pay more for shipping since it can't go media mail, but when I saw your post above thought I should say something in case it's useful feedback.

dnemec
03-21-2017, 05:57 PM
All of mine were about $12 yesterday, but today Priority is $7. Huh. I emailed Mindy, as she magical. Thanks, Brian.

allasorte
03-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Shirts cannot go through media mail Brian. But, as long as you don't ship in transparent boxes, who would know? Not that I ever tried that before. :smile_002:

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Hey Brian,

I got two shirts shipped to NYC and the USPS Priority Mail option was $19.28.

I expected to pay more for shipping since it can't go media mail, but when I saw your post above thought I should say something in case it's useful feedback.

Um, yeah, that's really really really not right. Email Mindy posthaste for an appropriate refund, please! :) order@cemeterydance.com

I'm off to check all of the orders. I suspect a lot of people will have shipping refunds coming because these numbers aren't right, so someone must have spilled some soda on the server or something.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 07:00 PM
All of mine were about $12 yesterday, but today Priority is $7. Huh. I emailed Mindy, as she magical. Thanks, Brian.

D'oh. I am quite certain the the USPS has not lowered rate overnight, so I'm wondering if there was something wrong with the shipping module's connection to the USPS server. Perhaps our system was receiving pricing for another method by mistake?

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Shirts cannot go through media mail Brian. But, as long as you don't ship in transparent boxes, who would know? Not that I ever tried that before. :smile_002:

Yeah, slipcases and t-shirts ship via Parcel Post, which isn't loading on the site right now. We know from experience that if you ship too many Media Mail boxes that are "too light," they WILL get checked. We accidentally selected the wrong option on a batch of slipcases years ago and ate a lot of postage to reship them correctly via Parcel Post!

Brian

cryptkeeper
03-22-2017, 02:11 AM
Seems mine went all the way to sunny California. No wonder why USPS is always losing money.

becca69
03-22-2017, 05:37 AM
Seems mine went all the way to sunny California. No wonder why USPS is always losing money.

Here's to hoping they make it home soon!

DanHocker
03-22-2017, 09:00 AM
Just clarifying some things that Brian either didn't remember or didn't know. Parcel Post actually isn't really a thing anymore. They dropped the service changing to to Parcel Select a couple years ago, and Parcel Select has very specific uses for which we don't technically qualify for. Besides that for most cases Priority Mail is actually cheaper than Parcel Select anyways.

On a similar note we actually do tend to ship individual shirts in bags as well. That said it's not really any cheaper than if we had shipped them in a small box as the shipping services we use would round the weights up to 1 lb anyways. Again just clearing some things up, I don't want people to be confused if they get a shirt shipped in a bag or a padded mailer.

Randall Flagg
03-22-2017, 10:57 AM
T shirts in a poly bag do fine. I've bought and sold many that way with never any damage.

DanHocker
03-22-2017, 11:56 AM
T shirts in a poly bag do fine. I've bought and sold many that way with never any damage.

Yep, my wardrobe is full of graphic t-shirts from places like Woot and Ript, they all come in vinyl bags. Plus if for some reason the post office / UPS / FedEx eats your package we've pretty much always got you covered.

stroppygoblin
03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Just a public shout out and thanks to all at CD, but especially Dan and Brian for once again going above and beyond to help a collector out. You guys are the absolute best!

Tommy
03-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Just a public shout out and thanks to all at CD, but especially Dan and Brian for once again going above and beyond to help a collector out. You guys are the absolute best!

+1 :thumbsup:

dnemec
03-22-2017, 02:10 PM

+1 :thumbsup:

+1 Here too. I think next year I need to put Mindy on my holiday goodies list. She's wonderful!

amd013
03-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Maybe Brian needs to include a T-shirt that says "My book went to _____ and all I got was this stinking T-Shirt".

:lol1:

Brian James Freeman
03-22-2017, 06:37 PM
Just clarifying some things that Brian either didn't remember or didn't know.

Isn't that the most diplomatic way to say, "Brian doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, please don't ask him about shipping anymore because he always gets it wrong" that you've ever read? :) :coo3l: :clap:

Brian

Brian861
03-23-2017, 12:29 AM

Isn't that the most diplomatic way to say, "Brian doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, please don't ask him about shipping anymore because he always gets it wrong" that you've ever read? :) :coo3l: :clap:

Brian

Yep :lol: +1 for Dan!

DanHocker
03-23-2017, 07:18 AM

Brian

Ehh both things are pretty easy to forget. The Parcel Post thing was like 2 years ago and hasn't really come up since and it's probably been over a year since the last t-shirt we did so I can't blame you. :tongue:

wolfehr
03-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Any updates on the Vincent Chong Dark Tower Limited Edition Artwork?

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Any updates on the Vincent Chong Dark Tower Limited Edition Artwork?

I've seen Mindy framing them in the front office, so I think it's just a matter of her completing that and then fitting them into the shipping plan. She'd probably have more time for the framing work if I wasn't given people on message boards incorrect information. :eek:

Brian

wolfehr
03-23-2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the update! Haha, I'm sure they forgive you and I definitely appreciate your activity here :)

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2017, 06:27 PM

Brian

Ehh both things are pretty easy to forget. The Parcel Post thing was like 2 years ago and hasn't really come up since and it's probably been over a year since the last t-shirt we did so I can't blame you. :tongue:

"Hey gang, remember when I said Dan was including a free Llama in every shipment? Please disregard that information."

I really did completely forget the Parcel Post thing. I'm still kind of thinking, "Wait, how can they get rid of Parcel Post?"

As for forgetting that we DO ship shirts in bags, ugh... I'm just getting old.

:emot-cthulhu:

Anyway, hopefully all of the shipping module settings are fixed now, I went through them all today and placed a bunch of test orders to make sure the prices matched what USPS, Fed-Ex, and UPS were telling the system.

PLEASE let me know if you ever notice something is wonky with the site. I'll figure it out or call in the big guns who actually know stuff!

Brian

ICry4Oy
03-23-2017, 06:37 PM
"Hey gang, remember when I said Dan was including a free Llama in every shipment? Please disregard that information."

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2922/33486879831_480b17f8ee_b.jpg

stroppygoblin
03-24-2017, 01:20 AM
My Llama got damaged in the mail (bag ripped). Can I get a replacement? :evil:

RichardX
03-24-2017, 04:45 AM
I'd really like to see CD or someone do a nice 20th anniversary edition of Michel Faber's "Under the Skin." A great book that never got a proper release.

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 06:35 AM

You know, we try to teach the new staffers as much as we can, but every now and then someone still ships a Llama in a bag instead of a box! :sigh:

zelig
03-24-2017, 06:39 AM
That lama looks interesting. If you shipped me one I would probably keep it and not bother with a return.

Beverly Marsh
03-24-2017, 06:52 AM
CD has limited edition llamas now? Are they signed????

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 07:00 AM

They really need to be signed, otherwise they're just the trade llama in a fancy coat!

becca69
03-24-2017, 07:01 AM

They really need to be signed, otherwise they're just the trade llama in a fancy coat!

Do they at least come with a slipcase? :rolleyes:

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 07:08 AM

Well, yeah, of course! This is from our spinoff Alpaca line, but it'll give you the general idea:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/coat.jpg

Brian

Cwalker
03-24-2017, 07:09 AM

And how did I end up with an alpaca? Are they the Gift Editions?

bdwyer19
03-24-2017, 07:10 AM

How would I know if my llama is the real deal, and not an alpaca or a sheep? Is there a COA included?

T-Dogz_AK47
03-24-2017, 07:11 AM
You know, we try to teach the new staffers as much as we can, but every now and then someone still ships a Llama in a bag instead of a box! :sigh:

My new POJ arrived this morning.... Thanks, Brian! :thumbsup:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/llama_zpsbxhz3czg.jpg

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 07:15 AM

How would I know if my llama is the real deal, and not an alpaca or a sheep? Is there a COA included?

Oh, you REALLY need to be careful on eBay these days. Folks are passing off alpaca and sheep as llamas and the COAs don't mean diddly squat! KNOW YOUR SELLERS and definitely ask on "The eBay BS Game: Questionable Llamas" thread if you have ANY concerns about a listing.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 07:16 AM

If we shipped you an alpaca in error, please contact Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com and she'll get a corrected order in the system for you ASAP. Dan will also email you a return label. Please try to keep the original packaging if at all possible. Thank you and sorry for the mistake!

Brian

bdwyer19
03-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Actually, I think you need to change your shipping method. I hear this can happen if it takes too long.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/bdwyer19/ADF6B429-D3FA-4795-8209-C9CA63CFA7DC_zpsmiu4vqvm.jpg

Cwalker
03-24-2017, 07:20 AM

If we shipped you an alpaca in error, please contact Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com and she'll get a corrected order in the system for you ASAP. Dan will also email you a return label. Please try to keep the original packaging if at all possible. Thank you and sorry for the mistake!

Brian

Well, "original packaging" will be a problem. I am in Maine. It is still cold. The alpaca is now bald. Guess I'll just keep it......

becca69
03-24-2017, 08:09 AM

Well, yeah, of course! This is from our spinoff Alpaca line, but it'll give you the general idea:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/coat.jpg

Brian

I hope these will be foil stamped! (front and spine)

amd013
03-24-2017, 08:11 AM
I think it is wholly irresponsible of CD to be shipping llama's. Do people not understand the danger they pose? Remember, always yell "Look out, there are llamas" if you see one. Please see this informative documentary to understand why they are so dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwkkXGmFrI

Also llama's have been know to steal credit from those who really deserve it. See how they ruined the credits to this movie: (they sabotage it around 3:07 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djKPvXDwXcs

At any rate, definitely a no go unless it is signed by Ralph the wonder llama.

wolfehr
03-24-2017, 08:54 AM
This has been very enjoyable to read :) Not sure if anyone were Winamp users back in the day, but all this talk of llamas brings back some memories.

https://youtu.be/HaF-nRS_CWM

jhanic
03-24-2017, 10:18 AM
I just got the email notice that my Salem's Lot portfolio has shipped.

John

webstar1000
03-24-2017, 10:20 AM

John

Ditto!

Room 217 Caretaker
03-24-2017, 10:20 AM
This has been very enjoyable to read :) Not sure if anyone were Winamp users back in the day, but all this talk of llamas brings back some memories.

I loved using Winamp. Didn't they always say....."This thing really kicks a llamas ass"

Mulleins

wolfehr
03-24-2017, 10:21 AM

I loved using Winamp. Didn't they always say....."This thing really kicks a llamas ass"

Mulleins

YUP! Link is to a video of exactly that :)

DanHocker
03-24-2017, 11:50 AM

John

Ditto!

Yep we're shipping these now. I think we're maybe a third of the way through.

Randall Flagg
03-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Not to be a drama Llama, but I ordered a Nehru jacket, and it came, but close inspection reveals it to be Alpaca.

Br!an
03-24-2017, 01:35 PM
¿Cómo se llama?

Brian James Freeman
03-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Um, guys and gals, I'm really sorry to report that I was wrong yet again... we are NOT offering any llamas, alpacas, or sheep at this time. My apologies for any misunderstandings or confusion my previous posts caused.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and I cannot wait to tell you about all of the great pre-owned cars we HAVE to get off our lot next week, you'll think we've gone CRAZY with these deals!

Brian

becca69
03-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Um, guys and gals, I'm really sorry to report that I was wrong yet again... we are NOT offering any llamas, alpacas, or sheep at this time. My apologies for any misunderstandings or confusion my previous posts caused.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and I cannot wait to tell you about all of the great pre-owned cars we HAVE to get off our lot next week, you'll think we've gone CRAZY with these deals!

Brian

That's good because Llamas are really dangerous, especially those with hats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOwdrTA8Gw

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-25-2017, 01:26 AM

On its way...

http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3072966/260full-limahl.jpg

Ooops. Wrong spelling.

shaq
03-25-2017, 02:06 AM

On its way...

Ooops. Wrong spelling.

I bet most won't get that joke, but will be too shy shy to tell you... 😊

Brian861
03-25-2017, 02:57 AM
Got to love the 80s.

zelig
03-25-2017, 04:11 AM
I think we should now all reveal photos of ourselves from the 80s showing our Kajagoogoo hairdo's. I'll go first.... :-P

http://zelig.io/images/sk/IMG_8003_.jpg

becca69
03-25-2017, 10:06 AM

On its way...

Ooops. Wrong spelling.

I bet most won't get that joke, but will be too shy shy to tell you... 😊

Hush, hush now.

St. Troy
03-25-2017, 11:13 AM
I think we should now all reveal photos of ourselves from the 80s showing our Kajagoogoo hairdo's. I'll go first.... :-P

The hair is just the beginning of the worries with that photo...

bdwyer19
03-25-2017, 11:47 AM

The hair is just the beginning of the worries with that photo...

Come a little closer.

Randall Flagg
03-25-2017, 12:53 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1490475154-WTF.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Anything yet on lettered SCREAMS or THE 12?

shaq
03-25-2017, 04:21 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y415/DaveShack/7CD7EF08-5431-4F62-8A8E-8449A60435D3_zpsxrwiqf4w.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/DaveShack/media/7CD7EF08-5431-4F62-8A8E-8449A60435D3_zpsxrwiqf4w.jpg.html)

I was 18 at the time

Sorry Brian, so off topic if it helps, I love you guys! Cemetery Dance rules! ��

Randall Flagg
03-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Hey, stop hijacking the thread :)

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Caught red-handed yet again!

Brian James Freeman
03-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Hey, stop hijacking the thread :)

Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever managed to change the topic of a thread this late in the game, but after 629 pages, this is finally more of a freestyle humor thread than a Cemetery Dance thread. :clap:

Brian James Freeman
03-25-2017, 08:33 PM

So, I was under the impression that our traycase guy was working on THE TWELVE now and SCREAMPLAYS was next, but Dan informed me (this week?) that we didn't actually get all of the GONE GIRL traycases, so I guess he (the traycase guy, not Dan) is still working on GONE GIRL. (He sends partial shipments sometimes and it really messes with my head because if I see the case, I think the case is done!)

If I have my way, there are changes coming to how we handle traycase production, but I cannot promise more or say more yet. But my patience, it's... very, very tired at this point... ha!

(On Monday, Dan will appear here to correct everything I've gotten wrong. Stay tuned for updated information!)

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Thanks, I'll leave the dial untouched, unless I hear a commercial...

biomieg
03-25-2017, 11:28 PM
... :smile:

ICry4Oy
03-26-2017, 07:00 AM
This was ca. 1990, so not strictly an eighties-hairdo, but...

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17426314_10211879979065520_7950548763404920457_n.j pg?oh=70e5a2e14487b077b75749e87184c65c&oe=59546F09

I was about sixteen at the time :smile:

It's like Brad Dourif and Weird Al Yankovic had a baby!

ICry4Oy
03-26-2017, 07:08 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1490475154-WTF.jpg

I was at Edwards Air Force Base for a short while in the very late 1970s and a kid that looked a lot like this used to hang out trying to give blow jobs for some weed.

:cyclops:

ICry4Oy
03-26-2017, 07:24 AM
But fair is fair......me in 1985:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/claydove/Clay1985.jpg

Brian861
03-26-2017, 09:34 AM
I Cemetery discussion thread indeed. As that's where all of those photos belong; in a cemetery, 12 feet under, with an armed guard, and locked down by a powerful spell so that they will no longer be released upon the world.....

Seriously, you guys are lot braver than I am!

biomieg
03-26-2017, 11:00 AM
I will probably take it down soon but I don't mind playing along for a bit :)

Randall Flagg
03-26-2017, 11:08 AM
But fair is fair......me in 1985:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/claydove/Clay1985.jpg

I remember you. I got an ounce of seedy Mexican pot from you. Had to use a shoe box lid to separate all the seeds. I forget how/how much I paid.

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 08:24 AM
You all rock... :rock:

DanHocker
03-27-2017, 08:29 AM

So, I was under the impression that our traycase guy was working on THE TWELVE now and SCREAMPLAYS was next, but Dan informed me (this week?) that we didn't actually get all of the GONE GIRL traycases, so I guess he (the traycase guy, not Dan) is still working on GONE GIRL. (He sends partial shipments sometimes and it really messes with my head because if I see the case, I think the case is done!)

If I have my way, there are changes coming to how we handle traycase production, but I cannot promise more or say more yet. But my patience, it's... very, very tired at this point... ha!

(On Monday, Dan will appear here to correct everything I've gotten wrong. Stay tuned for updated information!)

Brian

Nothing to correct here other than it looks like the last of the Gone Girl cases arrived just now with UPS. So hopefully I'll finally be able to ship those soon-ish.

webstar1000
03-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Has anyone got to look over the Salems portfolio yet? Any thoughts?

MLG
03-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home at the end of this week.

frik
03-27-2017, 09:39 AM

They were sent? :drool:
No shipping notice here yet...

sk

webstar1000
03-27-2017, 09:41 AM

They were sent? :drool:
No shipping notice here yet...

sk

yeppers:)

Tommy
03-27-2017, 09:42 AM
They look VERY good. Shipped in a box this time! I love all the extra stuff. :excited:

DanHocker
03-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Not all of them have been sent. We are still shipping them. So far I think we've maybe shipped a quarter or so of them. Remarques will be toward the end, and the Glenn remarques may be held up a little as the sheets he did for us either got lost or where lost in the mail so he's doing them over.

Br!an
03-27-2017, 10:29 AM

It's pretty cool. Good quality paper. Same type of folder as Carrie. I like the preliminary sketches that were included.

jhanic
03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
According to the USPS Tracking mine was delivered to my home today,

John

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Not that I can give specifics of what situation I am posting about, I did want to make sure our collectors heard this from me... As a general rule, when a retailer sometimes sells up to 50% of your print runs on books by "non-famous authors," you need to make sure you take care of that retailer when you land a book by a "famous author."

One example of NOT taking care of the retailer is when you cut their allottment by 75% AFTER you've already confirmed a certain number with them and they've already sold that number.

When you do that, the retailer and their customers might be very unhappy about how the situation was handled... and as the retailer is hearing from their customers today, how you handled the situation CAN affect people's desire to support your press in the future.

Anyway, sorry to be so vague, and if you know what I'm speaking of, it would be better for me if you didn't post any names... I just wanted to make it clear that WE ARE NOT HAPPY that our collectors, who ordered from us in good faith, are not getting their books, especially given the crazy amount of support we've given previous titles from the publisher... We love the guy, and we understand he was caught off guard by his direct sales, but man, this situation really sucks...

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 12:47 PM
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of llama photos and 80s hairstyles, already in progress...

wolfehr
03-27-2017, 12:56 PM
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of llama photos and 80s hairstyles, already in progress...

http://i.imgur.com/EJeERPK.png

MLG
03-27-2017, 07:10 PM
Brian,

I am a customer that CD had to cancel due to the situation. Just wanted to let you guys know that I do not hold it against CD. I am disappointed but understand you would not be cancelling the order if you were able to get the book.

Not that I can give specifics of what situation I am posting about, I did want to make sure our collectors heard this from me... As a general rule, when a retailer sometimes sells up to 50% of your print runs on books by "non-famous authors," you need to make sure you take care of that retailer when you land a book by a "famous author."

One example of NOT taking care of the retailer is when you cut their allottment by 75% AFTER you've already confirmed a certain number with them and they've already sold that number.

When you do that, the retailer and their customers might be very unhappy about how the situation was handled... and as the retailer is hearing from their customers today, how you handled the situation CAN affect people's desire to support your press in the future.

Anyway, sorry to be so vague, and if you know what I'm speaking of, it would be better for me if you didn't post any names... I just wanted to make it clear that WE ARE NOT HAPPY that our collectors, who ordered from us in good faith, are not getting their books, especially given the crazy amount of support we've given previous titles from the publisher... We love the guy, and we understand he was caught off guard by his direct sales, but man, this situation really sucks...

Brian

AstroDad
03-28-2017, 04:29 AM

Weirdest looking llama I have ever seen

wolfehr
03-28-2017, 04:34 AM

I went back to 80's fashion :)

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-29-2017, 08:14 AM
This may have been asked before, but is CD going to offer the Hodder & Stoughton UK hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES for sale? If not, I'll pre-order through the Book Depository.

Brian James Freeman
03-29-2017, 08:21 AM
This may have been asked before, but is CD going to offer the Hodder & Stoughton UK hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES for sale? If not, I'll pre-order through the Book Depository.

We will not be offering the H&S UK hardcover of this title, thank you for asking!

Brian

Brian861
03-29-2017, 08:34 AM

:lol:, James. I'm thinking it's more of a Wolf?

burial
03-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Not all of them have been sent. We are still shipping them. So far I think we've maybe shipped a quarter or so of them. Remarques will be toward the end, and the Glenn remarques may be held up a little as the sheets he did for us either got lost or where lost in the mail so he's doing them over.

As for the remarques i REALLY hope i will get a different one than in the book...

T-Dogz_AK47
03-29-2017, 11:22 AM

As for the remarques i REALLY hope i will get a different one than in the book...

Personally, I feel sorry for Glenn having to redo all that work. That must really suck! :o

Brian James Freeman
03-29-2017, 01:50 PM
I had to take these fast because I need to run out the door, but the VIP review copies for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX arrived. There are 20 of these and most of them are reserved for important business associates of the authors plus a few "very important" publications that will be reviewing the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP04.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP02.jpg

Brian

racerx45
03-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Very cool

Merlin1958
03-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Nice!!!! Me like!!! lol

becca69
03-29-2017, 05:51 PM
Love it!

Brian James Freeman
03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
I had to take these fast because I need to run out the door, but the VIP review copies for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX arrived. There are 20 of these and most of them are reserved for important business associates of the authors plus a few "very important" publications that will be reviewing the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP04.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GwendyVIP/gwendyVIP02.jpg

Brian

I just noticed that, because I was in a hurry, it might not be entirely clear what we did... the "front cover" has a diecut window to SHOW part of the "second cover" behind it -- the part of the artwork with the town.

Being someone who grew up on '80s horror paperbacks, I've always wanted to do that for a book! :)

Brian

zelig
03-29-2017, 06:47 PM
I remember those die cut covers fondly. Nice looking proof Brian. There's only one thing wrong with it. It's not on my shelf.

shaq
03-30-2017, 03:41 AM
So Brian,

You say most of them are accounted for.......

Steps in line to apply for a review. I could post a review in my local publication. The Thunderer.....in reality it is an a4 letter to the local residents, but that counts right??

Good luck with this, it looks great.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-30-2017, 04:24 AM
I remember those die cut covers fondly. Nice looking proof Brian. There's only one thing wrong with it. It's not on my shelf.

So Brian,

You say most of them are accounted for.......

Steps in line to apply for a review. I could post a review in my local publication. The Thunderer.....in reality it is an a4 letter to the local residents, but that counts right??

Good luck with this, it looks great.

For those looking to get their hands on a copy of the VIP proof, there is one currently being auctioned for this year's HF fundraiser....

http://http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20930-2017-Haven-Fundraiser-Aucion-21-Gwendy-s-Button-Box-ARC-1-20 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20930-2017-Haven-Fundraiser-Aucion-21-Gwendy-s-Button-Box-ARC-1-20)

Brian, the cover for the VIP proof looks absolutely amazing! :thumbsup:

And to generously donate a copy for the HF is beyond awesome! You guys ROCK!!! :clap::clap::clap:

jsweet
03-30-2017, 05:21 AM
It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-30-2017, 05:38 AM

That's how David King started out with a little help from his younger brother Stephen.

mikeC
03-30-2017, 05:59 AM
It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.

I did not know they had shipped.