PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Live on EW

Front page? Link?

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:04 AM
http://ew.com/books/2017/02/28/stephen-king-richard-chizmar-castle-rock-gwendys-button-box-cover-reveal/

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:07 AM
So is there an order link or is it just an announcement?

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 09:07 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1488301657-gwendys-dj-copy%201000x443.jpg

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 09:09 AM
Love it!! The plot sounds great and the way they got it done is a story unto itself!

dnemec
02-28-2017, 09:10 AM
And...CD gets more of my money. Hooray!

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:11 AM
Ah but the limited/lettered is going to be tough.

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Story sounds great and I love the art. Trying to decide if I should pick up a copy of the trade, or wait for the S/L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beverly Marsh
There will be a signed Limited Edition and signed Lettered Edition of this title announced by Lonely Road Books soon (but not just yet!), and we recommend signing up for the LRB newsletter or following them on Twitter and Facebook for updates because the print run will be extremely low. Collectors who purchased the previous Lonely Road Books title will be offered the signed editions first. Then, due to the high demand and the VERY low print run (among the lowest for a Stephen King Limited Edition in many years), the remaining copies will be offered via a "random drawing" process. This has been the standard practice for some other presses dealing in Stephen King Limited Editions and it seems like the most fair way to sell this small of a print run. Every interested collector will get "one entry" and have the same chance of winning the right to purchase ONE copy of the Limited Edition or the Lettered Edition. You don't have to watch a website at a specific time and hope to get lucky with timing your order just right, etc. So, it doesn't matter where in the world you live or when you work or if you're going to be away for a day. Every collector will have the same chance of being able to purchase a copy for their collection. Follow Lonely Road Books for complete details!

Woo hoo!
Getting a copy of the trade anyway but certainly hoping to snag one of these!!

dnemec
Story sounds great and I love the art. Trying to decide if I should pick up a copy of the trade, or wait for the S/L.

Uhhh...both!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:13 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/gwendys-button-box-stephen-king-richard-chizmar.html

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/king16-3D.jpg

Brian

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 09:14 AM
CD server is flinching...

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Brian, are you able to say now if King is signing?

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 09:16 AM

Important Note For Collectors Interested In A Signed Limited Edition:
There will be a signed Limited Edition and signed Lettered Edition of this title announced by Lonely Road Books (http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com) soon (but not just yet!), and we recommend signing up for the LRB newsletter or following them on Twitter (https://twitter.com/LonelyRoadBooks) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LonelyRoadBooks) for updates because the print run will be extremely low. Collectors who purchased the previous Lonely Road Books title will be offered the signed editions first. Then, due to the high demand and the VERY low print run (among the lowest for a Stephen King Limited Edition in many years), the remaining copies will be offered via a "random drawing" process. This has been the standard practice for some other presses dealing in Stephen King Limited Editions and it seems like the most fair way to sell this small of a print run. Every interested collector will get "one entry" and have the same chance of winning the right to purchase ONE copy of the Limited Edition or the Lettered Edition. You don't have to watch a website at a specific time and hope to get lucky with timing your order just right, etc. So, it doesn't matter where in the world you live or when you work or if you're going to be away for a day. Every collector will have the same chance of being able to purchase a copy for their collection. Follow Lonely Road Books (http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com) for complete details!

Kingfan24

Yeah can't order.

Beverly Marsh

Yeah, it keeps going round and round....

Brian James Freeman
Love it!! The plot sounds great and the way they got it done is a story unto itself!

Bev Vincent will be posting an interview with Rich and Steve tomorrow that really gets into how this came about, etc. Fun stuff!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:17 AM

Yeah can't order.

Thanks, on the phone with the server people right now as this rolls out!

Theli
02-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Very exciting Brian! I hope to be included in the s/l drawing. But we shall see as the time draws near.

Brian James Freeman

Yes, he is. And each copy will come with a very special item produced just for these signed editions, but I cannot say more yet!

Brian

Kingfan24

Yeah can't order.

Thanks Brian - I will ask about the limited/lettered here - I would assume by last LRB title you mean blockade Billy correct?

becca69
So if you never ordered direct from Lonely Road but you are CD customer, you are in the lottery?

Bev Vincent
02-28-2017, 09:20 AM
We decided to defer my interview with King and Chizmar until tomorrow so as not to add to the load to their server.

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 09:21 AM
I was getting a spinner when trying to add to my cart. I reloaded the page and tried again; worked right away. Just FYI

stroppygoblin
02-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Yeah can't order.

no problem from the UK...

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 09:23 AM
I'll add to the mix of questions while I'm waiting for the server....
If this applies to ANY Lonely Road book ordered in the past...what if one was ordered but had to be returned? Guessing that doesn't count as an official order?

Brian James Freeman

Yeah can't order.

Thanks Brian - I will ask about the limited/lettered here - I would assume by last LRB title you mean blockade Billy correct?

The William Peter Blatty Script Set, the most recently announced LRB title.

Brian

Randall Flagg
I was able to "consummate" the act.

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 09:25 AM

Yeah can't order.

Brian
Ouch! (For those who didn't buy it).

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 09:25 AM

Yes, he is. And each copy will come with a very special item produced just for these signed editions, but I cannot say more yet!

Brian

I so hope to have a chance at one. Blockaide Billy was before my collecting days... lottery for me I guess... Brian is there a print run limit on the 1st trade?

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 09:26 AM
I was getting a spinner when trying to add to my cart. I reloaded the page and tried again; worked right away. Just FYI

Worked! Thanks Heath!

ICry4Oy
02-28-2017, 09:27 AM

Yeah can't order.

No problem here, order went right thru. I did have two "complete order" buttons though.....must have picked the right one!

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Is there a set print run for the trade edition?

HONKYTONKSMASH
02-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Yeah can't order.

No problem here, order went right thru. I did have two "complete order" buttons though.....must have picked the right one!

Same here

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 09:29 AM

Yeah can't order.

Brian

Wow

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 09:29 AM

Yeah can't order.

Brian

Wow

SOld out too.. I went right to buy it. lol ANyone here purchase that?

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Well dang. I'll hope for the lottery then. I signed up for the LRB newsletter a long time ago and have never gotten one so didn't even know about this collection. I assumed that nothing new had come out so never checked which is definitely my bad! :doh:

zelig
02-28-2017, 09:31 AM
This is totally unrelated to today's announcement but I just happened to walk by the production table and spotted a few of David's remarques for the 'Salem's Lot Artwork Portfolio:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SLart01.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SLart02.jpg

Brian

Nice!

Been on a call for the past hour and missed all the excitement. Exciting news on the Gwendy's book!

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 09:31 AM

Yeah can't order.

Brian

Wow

SOld out too.. I went right to buy it. lol ANyone here purchase that?

Lol, I did the same thing! I would have bought it anyway if I had known about it. My fault though for not checking.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Is there a set print run for the trade edition?

The book is in pre-press at the printer, but the print run hasn't been set yet. It'll be more than our trade hardcover of BLOCKADE BILLY but a lot less than a normal Stephen King book for sure. I'll post the number when I have it, though.

Brian

George at C-Springs
02-28-2017, 09:32 AM
I just ordered, had no problem at all. There are four versions of the trade hardcover available from CD: THC, THC signed by Richard Chizmar, THC in Slipcase, THC signed by Richard Chizmar in Slipcase.

The S/L of Blockade Billy came along just as I "officially" began collecting (had to check my profile to see when that date was ... August 23, 2010), so I while I grabbed the three trade versions and a Proof, I wasn't able to get the S/L from LRB. Guess I'll throw my number into the ring for a second-hand chance.

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Well dang. I'll hope for the lottery then. I signed up for the LRB newsletter a long time ago and have never gotten one so didn't even know about this collection. I assumed that nothing new had come out so never checked which is definitely my bad! :doh:

Seems like a punishment for those of us who bought blockade Billy and faithful.

ICry4Oy
........ I signed up for the LRB newsletter a long time ago and have never gotten one ............

Same here.

becca69

I got it but it was back in 2013 and I don't collect Blatty limiteds :(
Looks like 390 limited/52 lettered

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't ask folks to order the handful of remaining copies of The William Peter Blatty Script Set just to have a chance to order Gwendy... I have plans for those of you who visit this thread often... good plans for your collection, maybe not so good for your wallet. Stay tuned...

Brian

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't ask folks to order the handful of remaining copies of The William Peter Blatty Script Set just to have a chance to order Gwendy... I have plans for those of you who visit this thread often... good plans for your collection, maybe not so good for your wallet. Stay tuned...

Brian

I heart you. That sounds good Bri.. thanks for looking after the crew here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Seems like a punishment for those of us who bought blockade Billy

Well, there are collectors who order the same number of every LRB title, so they need to be taken care of first. Then it only seems right to offer to those who have supported the most recent book. But don't worry Dark Tower fans, I have plans... for you.

Brian

stroppygoblin
02-28-2017, 09:36 AM

Brian

You're a good man, Charlie Brown....

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 09:37 AM

Brian
That's very very cool. CD is the best (and TheDarktower.org is pretty cool too).

HONKYTONKSMASH

Well, there are collectors who order the same number of every LRB title, so they need to be taken care of first. Then it only seems right to offer to those who have supported the most recent book. But don't worry Dark Tower fans, I have plans... for you.

Brian

Awesome

becca69

Brian

Sweet! :rose:

Roseannebarr
02-28-2017, 09:38 AM

Brian

Dont forget me. i visit often.

Ben Staad
02-28-2017, 09:38 AM
What she said.

Brian

Sweet! :rose:

cit74
02-28-2017, 09:41 AM

Brian

Thanks Brian - always looking out for the little guy :). We really appreciate all of your quick updates and keeping us all in the loop - better than any other small press around (did I butter you up enough)

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Who are all these "guests" :wtf:

ICry4Oy
02-28-2017, 09:44 AM

Brian

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/claydove/3bb28c317e30e4e062d8432031e477d4.gif

cit74
02-28-2017, 09:45 AM
I think there might be some new members to the site soon - might need to differentiate based on join date too…jk ;)

Ari_Racing
02-28-2017, 09:45 AM

Brian

That's a very good news! I'm eagerly waiting for news!

On the other hand I was able to order after trying three times. :)

dnemec
02-28-2017, 09:46 AM

:emot-roflolmao:

webstar1000
I think there might be some new members to the site soon - might need to differentiate based on join date too…jk ;)

Ahhhh. No I agree. lol Brain used words that made it sound like been here for awhile and often.... I friggin live here. lol

Ben Staad
He is going by post count I think.

webstar1000
He is going by post count I think.

That works!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:47 AM

Brian

Thanks Brian - always looking out for the little guy :). We really appreciate all of your quick updates and keeping us all in the loop - better than any other small press around (did I butter you up enough)

:dance:

Roseannebarr
02-28-2017, 09:48 AM

forgot about faithful. they should reward us for that one! i love that production!

nyy3723a
02-28-2017, 09:49 AM
CD is the best

As excited as I am for a new SK limited, seeing this warms my heart. One hell of a turnaround by Bryan, Mindy, Rich and the rest of the CD team. I've been a faithful CD customer over the many years (not as much last couple due to $), and remember everyone on this site calling for the CD's team heads years ago.

Kudos to CD for a well executed recovery and refocus!

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 09:50 AM

forgot about faithful. they should reward us for that one! i love that production!

I've supported every king project from CD. Books, art prints, portfolios, remarques... this stings.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 09:50 AM

I've supported every king project from CD. Books, art prints, portfolios, remarques... this stings.

You missed my post about having... plans... for you, didn't you? :emot-cthulhu:

Brian

cit74
02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Maybe an elaborate plot by LRB and RF to increase membership, should do great for Haven fund too…but this all might just be fake news - omg - is this fake news???? I don't know what to believe any more. Is this site owned by Trump?

becca69
02-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Maybe an elaborate plot by LRB and RF to increase membership, should do great for Haven fund too…but this all might just be fake news - omg - is this fake news???? I don't know what to believe any more. Is this site owned by Trump?

Yes, The Dark Trump Tower

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 09:54 AM

You missed my post about having... plans... for you, didn't you? :emot-cthulhu:

Brian

I saw it - but it still hurts a bit ya know? For someone who's been a loyal customer since Buick 8 (my parents bought that for me as I was in 8th grade at the time) to have it decided by something you don't collect is tough.

I'll wait to hear the plans and look forward to the developments.

Cwalker
02-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Order in... One and done!
Went for the signed with slipcase. Looks too nice not to. :)
And yes Brian, thanks for looking out for us here in The Tower. You folk do good work.

herbertwest
02-28-2017, 09:55 AM
And I forward this book release info for my contacts at the french publishers, hoping they'd do a translation for french fans ;)

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Picked up a copy of the signed trade w/ slipcase. Looking forward to hearing more about the S/L!

burial
02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Lottery... nooooooo!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Lottery... nooooooo!

Aw, c'mon, Shirley Jackson is great!

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Lottery... nooooooo!

Aw, c'mon, Shirley Jackson is great!

I think the prize for winning this lottery is much better ;)

Cook
02-28-2017, 10:07 AM

Brian
That's very very cool. CD is the best (and TheDarktower.org is pretty cool too).

Agreed... TheDarktower.org is pretty cool :thumbsup:
Thanks Jerome

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 10:09 AM
BOOM got my copy finally. That was SLOW. lol Must be selling lots Brian! I shared it on a couple of my King FB sites too.. They are going bananas with excitement. lol Asking when it will be at their local book store. hahahaha I set him straight though and gave them the link!!!

Lurker
02-28-2017, 10:10 AM
I think it sucks I can't match BB or all of my CD numbers. And lotterys are a frigging joke. Very disappointing.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Agreed... TheDarktower.org is pretty cool :thumbsup:

Very much agreed

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 10:12 AM
This might be my favorite all-time opening to any of Bev's already impressive columns:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/stephen-king-news-from-the-dead-zone-195/

It makes me want to go back and read everything Castle Rock again!

Brian

Robert Fulman
02-28-2017, 10:16 AM

Yeah can't order.

Brian
:nana:
I purchased this set, mainly because I liked the Exorcist and it sounded like a cool idea, but also because Blatty's daughter was my sister's roommate in college.

jonp
02-28-2017, 10:23 AM

I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.

Theli
02-28-2017, 10:25 AM

I agreed. This potentially allows non-King fans to buy the book then flip it on eBay at an inflated price. I'm actually disappointed by this announcement, when I should be very, very excited.

I think that possibility was always there. This might arguably even mitigate that a bit.

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 10:25 AM

:emot-roflolmao:
Don't worry, they aren't on the list...

George at C-Springs
02-28-2017, 10:26 AM

Brian

You know, I could ask if those plans involve chains, leather, dwarves, and smothered blueberry pancakes and nobody around here would bat an eye.

Some might even applaud.

burial
02-28-2017, 10:31 AM

Brian

Noted... refresh here every hour :)

Edit:
And one more question...
What is the print run of trade edition?

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 10:33 AM

But if you were a collector who had previously supported a press, and you were told you had to compete with everyone else to get the next book by that press even though you've always supported the press by ordering their less popular titles, how would that make you feel?

Edited to add: that wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, this is ALWAYS a tough process to deal with on all ends. You'd think it would be easy as a publisher -- just announce it and sell like crazy -- but when you want to take care of everyone who has supported you over the years, it's actually a tough balancing act, especially knowing you WILL make someone you like unhappy.

Brian

Bev Vincent
02-28-2017, 10:34 AM
This might be my favorite all-time opening to any of Bev's already impressive columns:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/stephen-king-news-from-the-dead-zone-195/

It makes me want to go back and read everything Castle Rock again!

Brian

Thanks! It was fun to summarize what we knew about that quirky little town.

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Determining who Brian chooses is a complex formula based upon several factors, some of which (but not all) are:

Member Reputation Rating
iTrader Rating
Post participation in the CD thread
Avatar (<------quickly decides to drop the crow and replace with the CD logo)
Member "Mindy Rating" (How nice have you been to to her lately?)

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Determining who Brian chooses is a complex formula based upon several factors, some of which (but not all) are:

Member Reputation Rating
iTrader Rating
Post participation in the CD thread
Avatar (<------quickly decides to drop the crow and replace with the CD logo)
Member "Mindy Rating" (How nice have you been to to her lately?)

Lol this was best post yet. Hahaha

Lurker
02-28-2017, 10:45 AM

But if you were a collector who had previously supported a press, and you were told you had to compete with everyone else to get the next book by that press even though you've always supported the press by ordering their less popular titles, how would that make you feel?

Edited to add: that wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, this is ALWAYS a tough process to deal with on all ends. You'd think it would be easy as a publisher -- just announce it and sell like crazy -- but when you want to take care of everyone who has supported you over the years, it's actually a tough balancing act, especially knowing you WILL make someone you like unhappy.

Brian

Seems to me all the people who supported CD over the years, even when they took 10 years to get a book out, allowed for the creation of LRB. Now they get preference? It does not make me feel happy.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Seems to me all the people who supported CD over the years, even when they took 10 years to get a book out, allowed for the creation of LRB. Now they get preference? It does not make me feel happy.

LRB is separate to CD. As Brian pointed out, you wouldn't be happy if you were a loyal customer of LRB but couldn't purchase the book because Joe public got there first....

Considering there will be only 26 Lettered copies available. A lottery IS THE ONLY WAY to ensure equal fairness to all.

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 10:58 AM

Considering there will be only 26 Lettered copies available. A lottery IS THE ONLY WAY to ensure equal fairness to all.

26? 52 I am betting... and Brian cannot please everyone. I thank him for doing what he can. :huglove:

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 11:01 AM
I wish I had the opportunity to just purchase a lettered copy, but I think how it's being handled is fair. Long time customers get first chance to match their number/letter and then a lottery for everyone else interested.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:02 AM

26? 52 I am betting... and Brian cannot please everyone. I thank him for doing what he can. :huglove:

Steve agreed to sign 52, so that will be the Lettered Edition run. He is also signing 350 sheets for the Limited Edition run.

I always know I can't please everyone, but I still try. I know what it's like on all sides of the process, after all. Hopefully, everyone who really wants a copy will be able to get one. I'll be in touch on that front tomorrow.

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 11:02 AM

There is a flip side to that coin. Without a lottery, there would be nothing to stop King fans buying multiple copies of the book and then flipping the unwanted ones at inflated prices.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:03 AM
And, of course, I would have been thrilled if I could have gotten 1,000 signature sheets signed, so EVERYONE who wants one could get one.

Brian

Theli
02-28-2017, 11:04 AM
I completely agree with the above 3. I think it's probably the most fair method.

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 11:04 AM

There is a flip side to that coin. Without a lottery, there would be nothing to stop King fans buying multiple copies of the book and then flipping the unwanted ones at inflated prices.

Yes there would - 1 copy per customer. Let's see what Brian has for us tomorrow before we get too worked up. CD is doing what they can for us.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:05 AM

Funny you mention coins...

http://www.cemeterydance.com//images/misc/GBBart01.jpg

Brian

jonp
02-28-2017, 11:06 AM

Brian

As you say, Brian, a tough balancing act. However, if every small press had that policy, you would have the buy everything, every small press, ever published, just to get a chance of purchasing the books of the authors you love -- which is impractical both financially and space wise. OR you just bypass the small presses and just buy it from ebay at a higher price as that would be much cheaper in the long run.

Lurker
02-28-2017, 11:09 AM
One copy per customer? Lottery? You know people are going to have their spouses kids coworkers friends all signing up for the lottery and then they will brag they have two or three or more copies and by the way, want to buy one? Joke. Anyway, I am done. No more comments on this...stuff.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Steve agreed to sign 52, so that will be the Lettered Edition run.

I always know I can't please everyone, but I still try. I know what it's like on all sides of the process, after all. Hopefully, everyone who really wants a copy will be able to get one. I'll be in touch on that front tomorrow.

Brian

My mistake. I have the LRB editions of both Dark Forces and The Exorcist, and the print run for both Lettered editions was only 26. I naturally thought that this book would have a similar print run.

However, my feelings concerning the lottery process remain unchanged. All 52 Lettered copies of this book would sell out within seconds, if it was open to everyone on a first come first served basis. A lottery gives everybody an equal and fair chance to buy ONE (and not twenty then flip nineteen).

peripheral
02-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Ordered mine. Pain about the signed option, but I get that it's a complex process for publishers... (The anxious preoccupation begins!)

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
As you say, Brian, a tough balancing act. However, if every small press had that policy, you would have the buy everything, every small press, ever published, just to get a chance of purchasing the books of the authors you love -- which is impractical both financially and space wise. OR you just bypass the small presses and just buy it from ebay at a higher price as that would be much cheaper in the long run.

Which is an excellent point as well. It's a difficult balancing act and someone that you should have taken care of will always be left out. It's really the thing I hate most about announcing these because it should an be exciting -- or at least interesting! -- day for everyone, but I know someone will feel burned by the decisions that were made. Which sucks. People have every right to be bummed out and it's an imperfect process in an imperfect world.

Brian

Ari_Racing
02-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Only the lettered will be signed by King?

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:26 AM
One copy per customer? Lottery? You know people are going to have their spouses kids coworkers friends all signing up for the lottery and then they will brag they have two or three or more copies and by the way, want to buy one? Joke. Anyway, I am done. No more comments on this...stuff.

The same thing happens when you just have a "Land Rush" process, too. You tell everyone the time and place, and then people have their friends and family place orders, and then they have multiple copies even though it was supposed to be "one" per person.

Or... you can tell no one in advance, just announce the book out of the blue one day, and then people who were on the road or not randomly watching your website that day miss out.

It's not a perfect system for sure. I totally hear where you're coming from.

Brian

Lookwhoitis
is King signing the Lettered edition AND the Limited Edition (or just the Lettered) ?

Brian James Freeman

Also the 350 copies of the Limited Edition. :) Sorry, I know the above post was unclear.

Brian

jonp
02-28-2017, 11:28 AM

Which is an excellent point as well. It's a difficult balancing act and someone that you should have taken care of will always be left out. It's really the thing I hate most about announcing these because it should an be exciting -- or at least interesting! -- day for everyone, but I know someone will feel burned by the decisions that were made. Which sucks. People have every right to be bummed out and it's an imperfect process in an imperfect world.

Brian

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I understand that you're in a difficult position. But at least I can say if Gwendy's Button Box is anything like your previous King releases, we'll be in for a truly beautiful book.

Brian James Freeman
is King signing the Lettered edition AND the Limited Edition (or just the Lettered) ?

SK is signing both editions. 350 limited, 52 lettered. I clarified the post that was causing the confusion. Sorry about that!

Brian

Ari_Racing

Also the 350 copies of the Limited Edition. :) Sorry, I know the above post was unclear.

Brian

I love you, man. That made my day.

Lookwhoitis

Brian

:rock:

webstar1000

Brian

So I was right! 350/52

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:29 AM

Brian

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I understand that you're in a difficult position. But at least I can say if Gwendy's Button Box is anything like your previous King releases, we'll be in for a truly beautiful book.

Thank you for the civil conversation about what can be a heated topic. I still learn from every announcement, and there can always be improvements, that much I know for sure.

Brian

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 11:31 AM
I am so excited right now. My FIRST chance as a collector at one being released while I am around. I SO HOPE I secure one:):):)

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 11:32 AM
I am so excited right now. My FIRST chance as a collector at one being released while I am around. I SO HOPE I secure one:):):)

I'm right there with you Kris!!!

jonp
02-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Brian, you mentioned PS will be stocking the trade edition. Will they be getting the signed (by Richard) and slipcased trade or do we need the order that directly?

sentinel
02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Hey Brian,
Will the trade edition be ONLY LRB or will Scribner jump in at some point and publish like Blockade Billy?
Looking forward to it!

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 11:33 AM

I just had a vision of you and me with our arms on each others shoulders jumping for joy in a circle. lol Creepy yet funny. hahahhaa

Ari_Racing
02-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Hey Brian,
Will the trade edition be ONLY LRB or will Scribner jump in at some point and publish like Blockade Billy?
Looking forward to it!

Excellent question.

On the other hand I also talked with the Spanish editor about this. Hope to have news of a translated edition soon. :)

wolfehr
02-28-2017, 11:37 AM

I just had a vision of you and me with our arms on each others shoulders jumping for joy in a circle. lol Creepy yet funny. hahahhaa

Hahahaha :excited: :couple:

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Brian, you mentioned PS will be stocking the trade edition. Will they be getting the signed (by Richard) and slipcased trade or do we need the order that directly?

They can get signed or unsigned, and they will be getting the slipcase. We were planning on keeping that as an exclusive to our site but then we thought about the insane overseas shipping cost for what is mostly air and we changed our minds. The website will be updated to remove the "exclusive" mention as soon as we can get back to our normal updating procedures.

Brian

mattgreenbean
02-28-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm just gonna throw one of these in :thumbsup: Fingers crossed it's close to my price range.

Robert Fulman
02-28-2017, 11:39 AM
"This book will be a Cemetery Dance Publications exclusive with no other editions currently planned anywhere in the world!"

sentinel
02-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Ahh..got it...CD has the trade and LRB has the limiteds!

jonp
02-28-2017, 11:47 AM

They can get signed or unsigned, and they will be getting the slipcase. We were planning on keeping that as an exclusive to our site but then we thought about the insane overseas shipping cost for what is mostly air and we changed our minds. The website will be updated to remove the "exclusive" mention as soon as we can get back to our normal updating procedures.

Brian

Thanks Brian for making the signed and slipcase available to PS. It will save a lot on shipping. USPS charges seemed to have gone through the roof these days!

surly
Based on Brian's advice that there will be a 'second' announcement later, I didn't make any adjustments to my meeting calendar today so I'm just playing catch up now - and there is a lot to catch up on.
Okay, in summary: there will be an edition signed by King, which is different than the signed copy offered on the ordering page; this edition will be published by LRB and offered a later date in the not too distant future; it will be offered first to previous LRB customers first and then a lottery will be held for remaining copies; Brian may post some additional insights for ordering on this page soon, but no set time...

whew! does that cover it? that's it, i'm never scheduling a meeting during the day again.

Brian James Freeman
Hey Brian,
Looking forward to it!

Scribner is discussing an audiobook, but there are no plans on them publishing their own hardcover at this time because we don't have the same restrictions contractually that we had for BLOCKADE BILLY.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:48 AM
"This book will be a Cemetery Dance Publications exclusive with no other editions currently planned anywhere in the world!"

Eventually, I'll get that tweaked to trade hardcover and eBook because there looks to be an audiobook. Plus, of course, I wasn't thinking about the signed editions when I wrote it. So many things to juggle some days!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Based on Brian's advice that there will be a 'second' announcement later, I didn't make any adjustments to my meeting calendar today so I'm just playing catch up now - and there is a lot to catch up on.
Okay, in summary: there will be an edition signed by King, which is different than the signed copy offered on the ordering page; this edition will be published by LRB and offered a later date in the not too distant future; it will be offered first to previous LRB customers first and then a lottery will be held for remaining copies; Brian may post some additional insights for ordering on this page soon, but no set time...

That about covers it. Also, I don't think I mentioned this will be a little different from BLOCKADE BILLY in the sense that the Limited & Lettered Editions will have a 7 X 10 trim size with some additional artwork including a full-color gatefold painting of Castle Rock.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Whew! This was something else.
First off, congratulations on what I would say is quite a successful release! Like it was going to be any different. Ordered a signed, slipcased copy. We're getting a new King book which is a reason by itself to be happy.
Thank you for answering the questions that flooded this thread.
And Dark Tower something something? Very cool!

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 11:53 AM

That about covers it. Also, I don't think I mentioned this will be a little different from BLOCKADE BILLY in the sense that the Limited & Lettered Editions will have a 7 X 10 trim size with some additional artwork including a full-color gatefold painting of Castle Rock.

Brian

You know I was going to ask... and maybe it was said... who is artist?

surly
02-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Whew! This was something else.
Thank you for answering the questions that flooded this thread.
And Dark Tower something something? Very cool!

I second that! You have been very patient with us. Thanks for taking the time to join us on what sounds like a very busy day for you.

sentinel
02-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Hey Brian,
Looking forward to it!

Scribner is discussing an audiobook, but there is no plans on them publishing their own hardcover at this time because we don't have the same restrictions contractually that we had for BLOCKADE BILLY.

Brian

That's great! Thanks!

AKC
02-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Just catching up...took me awhile to read through the thread!

Congratulations to Richard, Brian and the entire CD family. Wishing you the very best with the project.

I, along with everybody else, hopeful to secure a Lettered or Limited Edition.

Cheers.

Room 217 Caretaker
02-28-2017, 12:08 PM

Brian

Artist: Ben Baldwin (Cover) and Keith Minnion (Interiors)

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 12:09 PM

If I was a betting man, I would place a large hunk of cash on it being Erin Wells.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Artist: Ben Baldwin (Cover) and Keith Minnion (Interiors)

That's the trade edition.

DanHocker
02-28-2017, 12:11 PM

Brian

I can't say specifically about the piece that Brian is talking about, but the cover artwork was done by Ben Baldwin and the interior artwork by Keith Minnion.

Br!an
02-28-2017, 12:20 PM
So I seemed to remember ordering the Blatty lost screenplays. (I think they are still lost?:orely:)

I looked up my past orders and found that I ordered the limited from Cemetery Dance through the CDCC offer on 9/30/2013.

Does that get me in the door?

DanHocker
02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
So I seemed to remember ordering the Blatty lost screenplays. (I think they are still lost?:orely:)

I looked up my past orders and found that I ordered the limited from Cemetery Dance through the CDCC offer on 9/30/2013.

To my knowledge, yes.

Br!an
02-28-2017, 12:25 PM

To my knowledge, yes.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 12:56 PM
I am a little bit behind on my emails and on private messages, but I will reply to everyone tonight. No worries, I am not ignoring you. :)

Roseannebarr
02-28-2017, 12:59 PM

To my knowledge, yes.

Way to go Brian!

jsweet
02-28-2017, 12:59 PM
No easy way to do it, I'm sure. So I'll cross my fingers and hope for a lottery win :)
Hey, the odds are better than Powerball.

I do think it's great that Brian and Dan are here answering questions on what I'm sure is a hectic day!

mikeC
02-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Will there be an audiobook for Gwendy's Button Box ?

DanHocker
02-28-2017, 02:00 PM

I believe Brian said a little further up that there are discussions with Scribner about an audio book, but nothing locked in place yet.

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Probably. They are negotiating with Kingfan24 to do the reading...

herbertwest
02-28-2017, 02:14 PM

Brian

I love you, man. That made my day.

Especially since you didnt seem to have won anything 'recently', so that lottery should be a piece of cake for ya !

herbertwest
02-28-2017, 02:19 PM

And I'd tend to think that foreign translations would be welcome.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 02:25 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/randallflagg.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/achievementunlocked.jpg

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 02:29 PM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/achievementunlocked.jpg

Lol how can in "unlock" one Brian!!!???! Haha

richardsrarebooks
02-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Ordered a copy (with slipcase). I have the Blatty book on order so hope I have a chance to purchase a limited. Said they were going to offer a copy to those who have purchased all Lonely Road Books first and then those who purchased the Blatty book. Wonder what the prices will be. Guessing $450 for the limited and $2,000 for the lettered.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Hey gang, I need to take a break to run the kids to their "play gym" but I'll have my phone and be back online later! Thanks!

Brian

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 02:44 PM

Go back in time and join in May of 2007, make 35K relevant posts, have a reputation level over 3,000, have an iTrader feedback of at least 30, contribute positively (even providing constructive criticism and suggestions) to the CD thread, have a cool avatar (not some silly dunebuggy...), send Mindy an occasional thank you note (written in small font on a $100 bill helps), never discuss the ***** Club, etc.
It's complicated.

webstar1000
02-28-2017, 02:47 PM

Go back in time and join in May of 2007, make 35K relevant posts, have a reputation level over 3,000, have an iTrader feedback of at least 30, contribute positively (even providing constructive criticism and suggestions) to the CD thread, have a cool avatar (not some silly dunebuggy...), send Mindy an occasional thank you note (written in small font on a $100 bill helps), never discuss the ***** Club, etc.
It's complicated.

Working on it now. Said Dune Buggy will be gone by morning:)

jsobanski
02-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Wow, I was able to order the slipcased trade edition today from work but missed out on all the fun here.

I'm excited that more than just the lettered will be signed so I might have a chance to snag a copy. This is the first signed release I might be able to get at release since I started collecting. Good luck to everyone though!

T-Dogz_AK47
02-28-2017, 03:05 PM
It's complicated.

Check out my cool avatar.... :cool:

Merlin1958
02-28-2017, 03:12 PM

It's complicated.

Hmmm, check, check, check and check. Do I qualify? lol lol

I fucking doubt it as I never seem to qualify as anything!!!! I do keep plugging away though!!! lol lol lol

BTW, bring back the "Crow"!!!! My world is upside down with that kiss-ass avatar!!! lol lol lol The "Crow" has authority. It signifies "control" and "dominion". The cover art just shows a beggar looking for a book. tsk, tsk!!! lol lol

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 03:24 PM
It's complicated.

Check out my cool avatar.... :cool:

:coo3l:

tippy4
02-28-2017, 03:38 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/Capture_zpszl63ivj0.png (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/Capture_zpszl63ivj0.png.html)

Hey....just saying.

Sure, my post count is nowhere near Jerome's (few members are), but my join date and Feedback Score are right up there!

I ordered one with a slipcase and one without.

Merlin1958
02-28-2017, 03:41 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/Capture_zpsphxupknx.png (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/Capture_zpsphxupknx.png.html)

Hey....just saying.

Sure, my post count is nowhere near Jerome's (few members are), but my join date and Feedback Score are right up there!

Mine is!!! Just saying is all. lol

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 04:22 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/Capture_zpszl63ivj0.png (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/Capture_zpszl63ivj0.png.html)

Hey....just saying.

I ordered one with a slipcase and one without.
Yes, but your avatar sucks...and the $100 thank you note to Mindy was on a Jamaican bill (current value 78 cents).

billstand
02-28-2017, 05:19 PM
awesome book - congrats to Richard, Brian and Mr. King

DoctorZaius
02-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Excited and disappointed at the same time. I look forward to taking my chance in the lottery. It's how I got my first Stephen King limited - I won a lottery at a bookstore in Boston called Avenue Victor Hugo and got the right to buy the third Dark Tower book, which in turn locked in me for rest of the series (except TWTTKH because my number was too high). I fully understand what Brian is doing with his system, just as I did with Grant. It does not favor me, but the reality is that there was no way Brian could have satisfied everyone.

Brian you are a stand up guy. I have read through the thread and appreciate your candor and civility. Good luck with the production.

Any word on City of Mirrors?

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Any word on City of Mirrors?

Good question. My brain is a bit fried, but I feel like it was getting really close to being ready for the printer. I will check on this soon!

Brian

AstroDad
02-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Busy day, finally got a chance to check in to get the details. Disappointed that the chances of getting a copy of the LE are slim due to the rules, but I get it. I'll be crossing my fingers for the lottery as well. I apologize if this was covered, but I didn't see it. Will those offered a chance before the lottery to purchase be allowed to buy more than one or just one?

firemonkey66
02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
This is a dumb question at this point, but how do we enter the lottery for the LRB limited and lettered?

Randall Flagg
02-28-2017, 06:30 PM
This is a dumb question at this point, but how do we enter the lottery for the LRB limited and lettered?
Not speaking for Brian, CD or LRB, but IIRC, details will be coming soon.

firemonkey66
02-28-2017, 06:40 PM

Whew, thanks RF.

dnemec
02-28-2017, 06:43 PM

I came back to ask this too. Any clue as to when we can anticipate all this? Just approximate - next week, after the trade HC is published, next year...? I'm thinking for financial purposes. I owe the IRS a big check in April! Thanks, Brian! And thanks for all the info. This thread gets so entertaining when CD drops stuff like this!

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2017, 07:13 PM

I came back to ask this too. Any clue as to when we can anticipate all this?

Within the next week. I'll be back with more details soon, hopefully. (By "soon" I mean tomorrow... hopefully)

cit74
02-28-2017, 08:36 PM
What a fun day - finally home from work and catching up on the last few pages here. Can never satisfy everyone - but looks like Brian definitely planned ahead to cover most as best and fairly as possible. Cannot do much when limited by 402 total signed copies. Looking forward to any more news as the story continues to unfold. Ordered my signed slipcased copy from CD this morning - shortly after the announcement (always fun to do on the phone).

amd013
02-28-2017, 08:44 PM
How many copies is Richard signing? Surprised the price with the signature is same without. I was so busy today I didn't have a chance to order until about 6pm eastern. Was surprised, given the cost, there were still signed copies available (and still are).

For what its worth, although I will have to enter the lottery, I think its a fair system. I know when I decided to start collecting limited editions a few years ago, I thought I would never have an opportunity to buy a lettered edition (new) if previous customers had first dibs. Somehow I got lucky and saw Brian's announcement for Salem's Lot on stephenkingcollector.com, before I was a member here, and was able to jump on it within an hour of the announcement and order a copy. So on the one hand I understand the desire to be given special treatment for being loyal customer, (because I have definitely taken advantage of that), but on the other hand I like to see new collectors have an opportunity to get in on the limited editions.

Mike

PS: did Mindy get my thank you note written on a $200 Bill?

George at C-Springs
02-28-2017, 10:02 PM
Brian, whatever you do for going live with a lottery or whatever you have planned, please consider giving ample warning for signup. Days like tomorrow are heavy on meetings, it won't be possible to monitor here or CD for a mystery info drop. I'd hate to miss the chance because I was trapped in a conference room at the wrong hour! Thx.

darkseer
02-28-2017, 10:20 PM
Got a signed copy slipcased. You guys at CD are the best :smile:

frik
03-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Absolutely hate the idea of a lottery. I know it's impossible to please everyone, but why not just announce the time the limited/lettered books will go on sale and give everyone a chance to buy what they want. Worked just fine for the last King sale...Wasn't that the IT limited? No, must have been Doctor Sleep.
I mean, and I'm speaking only for myself obviously, I am the proud owner of practically all CD/Lonely Road King limited/lettered editions, and the chance I'll be able to put the upcoming books on my shelves is practically nonexistent.

sk

biomieg
03-01-2017, 02:58 AM
Brian (or Pete if you happen to read this), do you know when PS Publishing will be putting up an order page for us European fanboys?

T-Dogz_AK47
03-01-2017, 03:56 AM
I mean, and I'm speaking only for myself obviously, I am the proud owner of practically all CD/Lonely Road King limited/lettered editions, and the chance I'll be able to put the upcoming books on my shelves is practically nonexistent.

Why is it nonexistent? You will have exactly the same chance in the lottery as everyone else. It is fair and straightforward.

RichardX
03-01-2017, 04:22 AM
Absolutely hate the idea of a lottery. I know it's impossible to please everyone, but why not just announce the time the limited/lettered books will go on sale and give everyone a chance to buy what they want. Worked just fine for the last King sale...Wasn't that the IT limited? No, must have been Doctor Sleep.

sk

Not a fan of lotteries either. And I doubt there are many or even any copies for a lottery once their customers have first dibs.

webstar1000
03-01-2017, 04:40 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh Brian? You are more than welcome to inspect my new avatar. :huglove:

somekindofstranger
03-01-2017, 05:05 AM
Brian (or Pete if you happen to read this), do you know when PS Publishing will be putting up an order page for us European fanboys?

it's up: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/gwendys-button-box-hardcover-by-stephen-king-and-richard-chizmar-4234-p.asp

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2017, 07:04 AM
Brian, whatever you do for going live with a lottery or whatever you have planned, please consider giving ample warning for signup. Days like tomorrow are heavy on meetings, it won't be possible to monitor here or CD for a mystery info drop. I'd hate to miss the chance because I was trapped in a conference room at the wrong hour! Thx.

There will definitely be more than a few days for lottery sign-up. No one needs to miss any meetings or events... unless, you know, you want to just miss a meeting. ;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh Brian? You are more than welcome to inspect my new avatar. :huglove:

:clap: ha! :)

Bev Vincent
03-01-2017, 07:05 AM
My interview with Rich and Steve is now available for your viewing pleasure (http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/interview-with-stephen-king-and-rich-chizmar/)

becca69
03-01-2017, 07:50 AM
My interview with Rich and Steve is now available for your viewing pleasure (http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/interview-with-stephen-king-and-rich-chizmar/)

Great interview Bev!

frik
03-01-2017, 07:50 AM

Why is it nonexistent? You will have exactly the same chance in the lottery as everyone else. It is fair and straightforward.

Practically non-existent. I was mainly referring to the lettered edition- of which I doubt many will be left after those who will be contacted first have had their say.

sk

Bev Vincent
03-01-2017, 08:00 AM

Great interview Bev!

Glad you enjoyed it!

mattgreenbean
03-01-2017, 08:09 AM

Great interview Bev!

I second that. I as interested on how much of the story was Steve's and how much was Rich's and that's exactly what I got from the interview.

cit74
03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Yes - very nice interview - really looking forward to reading the story

Beverly Marsh
03-01-2017, 08:34 AM

Great interview Bev!

I second that. I as interested on how much of the story was Steve's and how much was Rich's and that's exactly what I got from the interview.
I third(thrice?) this! Love seeing how the collaboration came together. What a blast they must have had!

dnemec
03-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Within the next week. I'll be back with more details soon, hopefully. (By "soon" I mean tomorrow... hopefully)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
03-01-2017, 09:47 AM
<-------------------Taking odds on who will be the first lottery winner to complain about matching numbers.

George at C-Springs
03-01-2017, 10:39 AM
There will definitely be more than a few days for lottery sign-up. No one needs to miss any meetings or events... unless, you know, you want to just miss a meeting.

Brian

I wish; my life is meeting hell. Hey, sounds like a good story title, "Meeting Hell", play on words ... hmmmmm ......

biomieg
03-01-2017, 11:16 AM

it's up: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/gwendys-button-box-hardcover-by-stephen-king-and-richard-chizmar-4234-p.asp

Thanks!

east-tennessee
03-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Very nice! Enjoyed it :)

herbertwest
03-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Ordered from PS Publishing. Probably savings several dozens of euros.

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Ordered from PS Publishing. Probably savings several dozens of euros.

Absolutely the best place on your side of the Atlantic to order the book!

Brian

Roseannebarr
03-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Great questions. it was like you knew what i wanted to know. You should write a book or two about KIng. :lol1::huglove:

Bev Vincent
03-01-2017, 02:18 PM

Great questions. it was like you knew what i wanted to know. You should write a book or two about KIng. :lol1::huglove:

I'll get right on that!

mae
03-01-2017, 02:22 PM
When (or if) King passes, I would want there to be a big fat 1000+ pager biography by Bev.

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Don't worry if you're waiting on an email from me or a reply to something, I'm just going off the Internet for a few hours here to take a break. Long day!! I might need to do some editing tonight, so I may not get back to my email until tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

AstroDad
03-01-2017, 04:14 PM
I have a feeling you deserve that break...and a nap...and a shot

AstroDad
03-01-2017, 04:16 PM
There will definitely be more than a few days for lottery sign-up. No one needs to miss any meetings or events... unless, you know, you want to just miss a meeting.

Brian

I wish; my life is meeting hell. Hey, sounds like a good story title, "Meeting Hell", play on words ... hmmmmm ......

I was just looking at my schedule tomorrow and angry about how many meetings I have (5) and yours was the first post I saw. Ka...

shaq
03-01-2017, 04:23 PM
I'll be tipping my name into the hat for this too.

As grateful as I am to be drawn in Merlins Secret Santa, I am hoping my luck extends to this lottery too.

Good luck all

wolfehr
03-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Brian, thanks for al the time you've spent on the forum recently! Agree you deserve a break :)

jsobanski
03-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Adding my thanks to Brian for all the time and information, especially these last few days. Enjoy the break!

jonp
03-02-2017, 02:05 AM
Hi Brian, are there any plans for remarques in the S/Ls or a portfolio for Gwendy's Button Box? The artwork certainly looks very interesting and I'm not familiar with the artists.

Beverly Marsh
03-02-2017, 04:25 AM
<-----------

Sorry ya'll but my avatar is the most attractive :coo3l:

Lovejoygirl14
03-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Is there going to be an art portfolio for the shining? I enjoyed Salem's Lot and Carrie. Wishful thinking we'll get one!!!

webstar1000
03-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Is there going to be an art portfolio for the shining? I enjoyed Salem's Lot and Carrie. Wishful thinking we'll get one!!!

There will be for every Double Day book:)

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-02-2017, 06:39 AM

Yep. Will be for all the doubleday years books

Lovejoygirl14
03-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Has there been any word when it will be released?

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-02-2017, 07:07 AM
Has there been any word when it will be released?

Not yet. Waiting on the salems to be shipped. I imagine itll be after that

Br!an
03-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Where did the updates go on the website? I can't find a link.

Joe315
03-02-2017, 07:17 AM

I was looking for it yesterday too. Here is the link: http://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

DanHocker
03-02-2017, 07:25 AM

The web developers "dumbed" down the site a bit for the announcement to help ease the load a bit. So some of the menus have gone away temporarily and will be back later. The pages are all still there, you just need to be linked directly to the page.

Br!an
03-02-2017, 07:30 AM
Thanks, Joe and Dan. I bookmarked the page.

The web developers "dumbed" down the site a bit for the announcement to help ease the load a bit. So some of the menus have gone away temporarily and will be back later. The pages are all still there, you just need to be linked directly to the page.

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Crazy days around here, ha! But I am finally caught up on my emails. If you were expecting an email from me, I should have replied to you by now. If not, please send me a PM immediately and I will look into your message. Thank you!

Brian James Freeman
03-02-2017, 08:37 AM

The web developers "dumbed" down the site a bit for the announcement to help ease the load a bit.

I think the developers might have dumbed down my brain, too... ha! At least it feels that way today. ;)

Brian

darkseer
03-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Brian, thanks for all the info and all the hard work. :biggrin:

Merlin1958
03-02-2017, 01:22 PM
So far, I have ordered the slipcased first trade edition. Wondering what the deal is on a S/L?

Also, this time will the slipcase and book arrive at the same time as the non-slipcased editions? I have to admit, I love the CD slipcases, but hate having to wait months for the slipcases to arrive. Just a small peeve though. They are certainly worth the wait in the end.

It's just that I suffer the antici............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..pation!!! lol

DanHocker
03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
So far, I have ordered the slipcased first trade edition. Wondering what the deal is on a S/L?

Also, this time will the slipcase and book arrive at the same time as the non-slipcased editions? I have to admit, I love the CD slipcases, but hate having to wait months for the slipcases to arrive. Just a small peeve though. They are certainly worth the wait in the end.

It's just that I suffer the antici............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..pation!!! lol

I can't say much of anything about a S/L. However I can say that we set up to handle the slipcases differently for this one. The books and slipcases will be shipped separately so no one will have to wait for the slipcase to read the book.

Merlin1958
03-02-2017, 01:35 PM

I can't say much of anything about a S/L. However I can say that we set up to handle the slipcases differently for this one. The books and slipcases will be shipped separately so no one will have to wait for the slipcase to read the book.

Oh, not complaining, but I thought that maybe cause you guys were involved in the publishing that the slipcases and books would arrive at the same time. FWIW, I buy from CD for "Collecting copies". My reader I will likely get elsewhere. Just FYI. Needless to say, I love what you guys are doing!!!!

DanHocker
03-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Oh, not complaining, but I thought that maybe cause you guys were involved in the publishing that the slipcases and books would arrive at the same time. FWIW, I buy from CD for "Collecting copies". My reader I will likely get elsewhere. Just FYI. Needless to say, I love what you guys are doing!!!!

Unfortunately for this project it would probably delay the release of the book, which is something we can't do, and we don't want to hold people up from being able to read their books, so we set up the product a bit differently so if necessary we'll be able to ship them separately. I don't really know the details, just the logistics of the situation.

Merlin1958
03-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Unfortunately for this project it would probably delay the release of the book, which is something we can't do, and we don't want to hold people up from being able to read their books, so we set up the product a bit differently so if necessary we'll be able to ship them separately. I don't really know the details, just the logistics of the situation.

It's cool, I get it. I assumed and you know what happens when folks do that!!! lol lol FWIW, if it matters, you can ship mine all at once. Very cool item in any case and brought to you by your King collecting buddies at CEMETERY DANCE!!!!!!

shaq
03-03-2017, 04:08 AM
I know
All King books are special but can i gauge opinions, about the new book.

From a collectors point of view is this a special book as it it based in the castle rock world?

I'm really interested to visit again but wondered how others felt about it?

Cheers

webstar1000
03-03-2017, 04:36 AM
CD is just awesome.. period.

Beverly Marsh
03-03-2017, 04:43 AM
I know

From a collectors point of view is this a special book as it it based in the castle rock world?

Cheers

Personally I think it's pretty special as a great cast of characters have come out of Castle Rock and we thought the book(pun fully intended)closed on this particular slice of Maine. I think for King to make a welcome return there will bring about a great story and I can't wait to read it!
As far as the collecting side of things I imagine this would be desirable because of the above mentioned things but also because, if rumors are true, he may be cutting back on the S/L game so who knows how many more he will do in the future? And I believe a new King book whether it be trade or signed is always desirable and even the trade edition is rather limited.

Theli
03-03-2017, 06:06 AM
I know

Cheers

Personally I think it's pretty special as a great cast of characters have come out of Castle Rock and we thought the book(pun fully intended)closed on this particular slice of Maine. I think for King to make a welcome return there will bring about a great story and I can't wait to read it!
As far as the collecting side of things I imagine this would be desirable because of the above mentioned things but also because, if rumors are true, he may be cutting back on the S/L game so who knows how many more he will do in the future? And I believe a new King book whether it be trade or signed is always desirable and even the trade edition is rather limited.

Agreed. Also the limitation on this edition is quite low compared to other s/l.

jsmcmullen92
03-03-2017, 08:43 AM

So I have totally been logging into the site every hour for the last 2 days waiting for this. I am amazed no one at work has caught on yet lol

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2017, 08:54 AM
So I have totally been logging into the site every hour for the last 2 days waiting for this. I am amazed no one at work has caught on yet lol

My work totally knows how often I visit this place! ;)

Brian

Theli
03-03-2017, 09:39 AM

Oh I definitely was caught by someone, or some program at any rate. Because the municipal government of City of Winnipeg has definitely banned my access to the DT.org site. :lol:

jsmcmullen92
03-03-2017, 09:44 AM

Oh I definitely was caught by someone, or some program at any rate. Because the municipal government of City of Winnipeg has definitely banned my access to the DT.org site. :lol:

Ha I guess that's the joys of working from home and using my own computer rather than the company offered one is they cannot track me :)

shaq
03-03-2017, 11:16 AM
I know

Cheers

Agreed. Also the limitation on this edition is quite low compared to other s/l.

Thank you, food for thought. I have missed Castle Rock. Given the outline of the story I hope it has the feel I remember.

Thx

somekindofstranger
03-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Whilst looking at the news about Gwendy on the cd site, I notice they also announced a s/l of interview with the vampire.. and I also noticed it was already sold out:-(

I don't suppose anyone picked up an extra?
Or if CD know if any were put aside for PS publishing to sell (as I am in the UK!).

DanHocker
03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Whilst looking at the news about Gwendy on the cd site, I notice they also announced a s/l of interview with the vampire.. and I also noticed it was already sold out:-(

Or if CD know if any were put aside for PS publishing to sell (as I am in the UK!).

Yea that one sold out way faster than we expected. So fast I wasn't even able to reserve any copies for our retailers.

becca69
03-06-2017, 01:03 PM

Yea that one sold out way faster than we expected. So fast I wasn't even able to reserve any copies for our retailers.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I've had it on order since last May I believe. Really looking forward to it!

Merlin1958
03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
"Sleeping Beauties". Now, will CD be offering a slipcased collectors copy? Inquiring minds wish to know!!

Beverly Marsh
03-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I guess with the lottery and others mentioning it, it's okay to say that I was able to get a Gwendy's S/L!
Apparently I had forgotten that I ordered the Blatty Scripts so when the email showed up I was pretty excited.
I am sure the final product will be beautifully designed. Can't wait!
Thanks yet again to the CD crew.
Looking forward to seeing who else on here got one. I know ya'll are out there :)

Roseannebarr
03-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I guess with the lottery and others mentioning it, it's okay to say that I was able to get a Gwendy's S/L!
Apparently I had forgotten that I ordered the Blatty Scripts so when the email showed up I was pretty excited.
Looking forward to seeing who else on here got one. I know ya'll are out there :)

Congrats Awesome for you!

richardsrarebooks
03-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Got one too. For the same reason. Thanks to CD!

jsteltor
03-07-2017, 12:39 PM

I got one also.

cryptkeeper
03-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Wow, good for all of you. Maybe I'll get lucky with the drawing. If not, life will go on.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jsobanski
03-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Congrats! I'm super excited to see the final design, CD hasn't disappointed me yet!

Cwalker
03-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Well, since people are starting to spill the beans....
I was able to get a Gwendys S/L as well.
Turns out I will not be getting anything for the next 3 Christmases and next 4 birthdays though.
It's a fair trade. :)

Theli
03-07-2017, 04:22 PM
I also am pleased to say that I snagged a copy! Very excited about this edition, it sounds tremendous!

Br!an
03-07-2017, 05:12 PM
I got one!