PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the link. I ordered one.

Separate question: When I go to view my order history, it begins with the oldest first (2011), and to get to the most recent, I have to tab through several pages.
Is there a way to change the view to most recent first?

Wait, so you can see your order history?? I can still only see what I ordered since the new site launched :(

It's been fixed for 99% of our customers, but if we made any changes to your account between the launch and when they tried to import the old data, your data was zapped and didn't arrive in the new database. The good news is, this can be easily fixed because we still have the old store database standing by for just this occasion.We can export just your info from the old database and then re-import it to the new store with a few special tweaks to make it go to the correct place this time.

If you don't see your order history on the new store, and you had an order history on the old store, please EMAIL ME with your name, address, and any alternate email addresses you might have used for orders before September 1, 2016.

I'll put together what is needed to find your old account and link the data to your new account, and then buttons will be pushed, switches will be thrown, alarms will sound, and all should be well in the end.

Brian

allasorte
11-30-2016, 08:18 PM
I ordered a slipcase and checked order status. They are all in there. Didn't realize there were that many orders on my end. :ft:

wizardsrainbow
12-01-2016, 03:42 AM
When is Choo Choo book coming from CD?

divemaster
12-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but has HEARTS IN SUSPENSION been shipped out yet?

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2016, 06:45 AM
When is Choo Choo book coming from CD?

Pretty sure I saw copies shipping this week to people who needed them ASAP for gifts, but I believe we're still deep in HEARTS IN SUSPENSION right now!

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2016, 06:46 AM

Shipping right now, and I bet Dan can give us a better idea of where he is in the shipping when he checks in!

Brian

DanHocker
12-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Brian, just wondering if there is an update regarding the 2016 Unique Collector's Extravaganza! I don't remember what the original email said about delivery. Is it going to be in the new year?

Thanks,
Jonathan

I am putting these together now. It's gonna take some time.

DanHocker
12-01-2016, 11:12 AM

Shipping right now, and I bet Dan can give us a better idea of where he is in the shipping when he checks in!

Brian

Shipping now, but we're very early in the shipping process. I expect these to take quite awhile.

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Brian, just wondering if there is an update regarding the 2016 Unique Collector's Extravaganza! I don't remember what the original email said about delivery. Is it going to be in the new year?

Thanks,
Jonathan

I actually snapped a quick photo of the process involved in putting these together, in case anyone wants a peek "behind the scenes." I've put the photo inside spoiler tags for those who don't want the magic ruined for them:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/dan.jpg

Brian

bdwyer19
12-01-2016, 11:22 AM

Thanks,
Jonathan

I actually snapped a quick photo of the process involved in putting these together, in case anyone wants a peek "behind the scenes." I've put the photo inside spoiler tags for those who don't want the magic ruined for them:

Brian

I'm just hoping my copy doesn't get crushed by a giant boulder!

Brian861
12-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Thanks,
Jonathan

Brian

:panic:

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM

Thanks,
Jonathan

Brian

I'm just hoping my copy doesn't get crushed by a giant boulder!

Don't worry, Dan is prepared for that, too!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/dan2.jpg

DanHocker
12-01-2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.lovethisgif.com/uploaded_images/60010-Movies-Indiana-Jones-Animated-Gif.gif

Merlin1958
12-01-2016, 03:16 PM
You two just crack each other up, don't you? lol lol lol

Merlin1958
12-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Brian, check ur email!!!

Brian James Freeman
12-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Brian, check ur email!!!

Sorry! Here is that recipe for crab cakes I was telling you about:

Preheat oven broiler.

Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.

Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet.

Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.

Brian861
12-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Brian, check ur email!!!

Preheat oven broiler.

Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet.

Great. Now I'm starving for these! :drool:

Brian James Freeman
12-06-2016, 12:10 PM

I had some amazing crab cakes the other night, and I keep thinking I need to get more. I fear it's becoming an unhealthy obsession. :redface:
Brian

Brian861
12-06-2016, 12:34 PM

I had some amazing crab cakes the other night, and I keep thinking I need to get more. I fear it's becoming an unhealthy obsession. :redface:
Brian

I hear that ship really well to KS in dry ice, Brian :).

Merlin1958
12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Brian, check ur email!!!

Preheat oven broiler.

Does this mean you Will send me the Crab meat we discussed? LOL LOL

Can't get no damned fresh crab in the desert, man!!! Shee-it!!! lol

BTW folks, for the record Cemetery Dance and the folks that run it are hands down the BEST small market press publishers in the country!!!! What a sincerely great group of people!!!

They even serve Crab Cake recipe's!!!! lol lol

Dano
12-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone! Long time no see... I'll definitely be around a lot more once my break starts next week.

I've been back through this thread and I haven't seen an update on the EOW slipcase - I've yet to receive mine, and was just wondering if I fell through the cracks!

Best,

Dan

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone! Long time no see... I'll definitely be around a lot more once my break starts next week.

I've been back through this thread and I haven't seen an update on the EOW slipcase - I've yet to receive mine, and was just wondering if I fell through the cracks!

Best,

Dan

I believe this one has been taking longer than expected because the covering material for the previous two switched to special order/custom made status, and we wanted all of them to match, but it's getting closer. Sorry about the wait!

Brian

Dano
12-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Thank you, Brian for such a quick response. I'm so glad it's still happening!

Dan

Roseannebarr
12-07-2016, 10:28 PM
There is a discussion on the mercedes trilogy thread. Our mercedes print was advertised as signed by the artist. Mine was not signed. Did this get changed in production? Oversight? Thanks

Brian861
12-07-2016, 10:31 PM
A huge thanks to Mindy and the CD team for their recent help. Can't thank you guys enough! I hope to be able to return to full form with you guys someday.

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2016, 07:28 AM
There is a discussion on the mercedes trilogy thread. Our mercedes print was advertised as signed by the artist. Mine was not signed. Did this get changed in production? Oversight? Thanks

Mistake by yours truly when writing the sales copy, and no one else in the office caught it either, unfortunately. In fact, I didn't know I had made the mistake until you asked just now and I went back and looked!

With the exception of a few projects, we don't ask Tomislav to sign things because the first few times we tried were a bit of a disaster due to some very rough handling by one of the postal services between the US and where he lives. Like, I'm pretty sure there's someone in the system between us who has a vendetta against printed matter and won't allow it to arrive in one piece.

So we wouldn't have asked him to sign, and I just bungled the sales copy. Very sorry about that. Anyone who is bummed by this oversight should definitely send me an email (address below) and I'll find a way to make it up to you!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2016, 02:00 PM
For those who didn't order THE SHINING directly from us, here is this month's production update, which is being emailed shortly:

Unfortunately, production was delayed much longer than we expected when we went to add all of the new material to our special edition of THE SHINING, which includes Stephen King's deleted 40 PAGE PROLOGUE restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story AND a Deleted Material section full of HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even deleted scenes including the infamous long lost "After the Play" chapter.

This delay caused the book to start at the printer nearly four months later than planned, and the finished copies will be completed either just before the printer closes for the holidays or when they re-open for the new year in January.

In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers noted a problem with the dummy books, which has caused them to stop production on the slipcases and traycases until we have finished copies of the book. (The short version is, the paper weight the printer used for the dummy book didn’t appear to have the correct weight, which means the case makers cannot trust the dummy books for proper sizing.)

All of this means the case makers cannot start their work until January when we have finished books, so they can get the cases to fit just right, which means we will not have cases until 12 to 15 weeks after that.

We are VERY sorry about the wait on this book because we know our collectors are dying to read all of the new material Stephen King has given us permission to include. It’s extremely important to us (and to you, we’re sure!) that everything about these books be just right including the fit of the cases to the books, so we’d rather have the production process take longer than expected for the books to be perfect. The other option -- cutting some corners to get done faster and maybe having a less-than-special special edition as the result -- is not how we publish these special editions.

More updates to follow as this book moves through the publishing process. Thank you, as always, for your patience and your continuing support!

amd013
12-08-2016, 02:11 PM
For those who didn't order THE SHINING directly from us, here is this month's production update, which is being emailed shortly:

Unfortunately, production was delayed much longer than we expected when we went to add all of the new material to our special edition of THE SHINING, which includes Stephen King's deleted 40 PAGE PROLOGUE restored to its proper place at the beginning of the story AND a Deleted Material section full of HUNDREDS of sentences, paragraphs, and even deleted scenes including the infamous long lost "After the Play" chapter.

This delay caused the book to start at the printer nearly four months later than planned, and the finished copies will be completed either just before the printer closes for the holidays or when they re-open for the new year in January.

In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers noted a problem with the dummy books, which has caused them to stop production on the slipcases and traycases until we have finished copies of the book. (The short version is, the paper weight the printer used for the dummy book didn’t appear to have the correct weight, which means the case makers cannot trust the dummy books for proper sizing.)

All of this means the case makers cannot start their work until January when we have finished books, so they can get the cases to fit just right, which means we will not have cases until 12 to 15 weeks after that.

We are VERY sorry about the wait on this book because we know our collectors are dying to read all of the new material Stephen King has given us permission to include. It’s extremely important to us (and to you, we’re sure!) that everything about these books be just right including the fit of the cases to the books, so we’d rather have the production process take longer than expected for the books to be perfect. The other option -- cutting some corners to get done faster and maybe having a less-than-special special edition as the result -- is not how we publish these special editions.

More updates to follow as this book moves through the publishing process. Thank you, as always, for your patience and your continuing support!

Thanks for the update Brian.

Just curious, will this impact the production schedule for the rest of the Doubleday books?

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Just curious, will this impact the production schedule for the rest of the Doubleday books?

Thanks,
Mike

Not in any specific way. For example, NIGHT SHIFT is cruising along, and all that we really need is a "yes" or "no" on our suggested bonus features so we can start design. (I'm really hoping for a YES. Please cross your fingers!)

Brian

Randall Flagg
12-08-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm willing to wait for the finished product to be perfect. Thanks for the update.
The Night Shift hint sound promising.
<----------Crosses fingers.

ICry4Oy
12-08-2016, 02:42 PM
^ditto

wolfehr
12-08-2016, 02:45 PM
I concur. Definitely prefer right to fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe315
12-08-2016, 03:01 PM
http://www.getmightynow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-14.jpeg

Just kidding! Take your time and make it right.

St. Troy
12-08-2016, 07:22 PM
No deadlines; only headlines.

herbertwest
12-09-2016, 01:14 AM

Thanks indeed as some of the us, accross the pond, order from PS :)

mae
12-09-2016, 06:17 AM
I too had to order from PS. Hopefully it won't be too long after it's released.

Thanks,
Mike

Not in any specific way. For example, NIGHT SHIFT is cruising along, and all that we really need is a "yes" or "no" on our suggested bonus features so we can start design. (I'm really hoping for a YES. Please cross your fingers!)

Brian

Oooh! :drool:

Hopefully this means all the uncollected stuff from the same period (according to Wikipedia: The Glass Floor, Harrison State Park '68, The Dark Man, Stud City, Slade, Donovan's Brain, Silence, The Blue Air Compressor, In the Key Chords of Dawn, She Has Gone to Sleep While..., Woman with Child, The Hardcase Speaks, The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan, Weeds, The King Family and the Wicked Witch, The Night of the Tiger, Man with a Belly, The Crate).

webstar1000
12-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Brian, I know it has been some time... but when do you think you are going to tell us the artist for Pet? Can you give it to us as a Xmas gift maybe? lol

Ben Mears
12-09-2016, 07:26 AM
I too had to order from PS. Hopefully it won't be too long after it's released.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian

Oooh! :drool:

Hopefully this means all the uncollected stuff from the same period (according to Wikipedia: The Glass Floor, Harrison State Park '68, The Dark Man, Stud City, Slade, Donovan's Brain, Silence, The Blue Air Compressor, In the Key Chords of Dawn, She Has Gone to Sleep While..., Woman with Child, The Hardcase Speaks, The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan, Weeds, The King Family and the Wicked Witch, The Night of the Tiger, Man with a Belly, The Crate).

That would be an entire book on its own!
My guess is permission to include short stories from that era that have been published in prior CD collections.

mae
12-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Well Night Shift is a pretty thin book on its own. And half of these are poems.

As long as we're dreaming, maybe even more pre-Glass Floor stories? :excited:

Ben Mears
12-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Well Night Shift is a pretty thin book on its own. And half of these are poems.

Hopefully we will see them all in an appendix titled Light of Day Shift!

Beverly Marsh
12-14-2016, 06:13 AM

Thanks,
Mike

Brian

:excited: Will cross everything that I possibly can! :smile_002:
Wicked excited for this one. I already love the art that you have teased!

Roseannebarr
12-20-2016, 01:32 PM
This question if for MERLIN or anyone else that received their copy of Charlie the Choo Choo from CD....

When i ordered my copy of CtCC directly from Amazon, i received two copies of the anomoly Faux UK edition with sticker... when CD sent you your copy early for Xmas presents did you get the anomoly edition or the regular copy?

Thanks! Glen

Brian James Freeman
12-20-2016, 02:01 PM
This question if for MERLIN or anyone else that received their copy of Charlie the Choo Choo from CD....

When i ordered my copy of CtCC directly from Amazon, i received two copies of the anomoly Faux UK edition with sticker... when CD sent you your copy early for Xmas presents did you get the anomoly edition or the regular copy?

Thanks! Glen

I'm talking to a contact at S&S to get the full scoop, hopefully, on those "UK" copies, although I have a pretty good feeling already about what must have happened. Just my gut feeling, though. I'll post what I can when I can. These aren't what I would call "rare" if that helps anyone making a buying decision.

About our copies: we received a partial shipment from S&S earlier this month, and there WERE stickered "UK" copies in the mix. Those have all gone out the door as regular copies. We wouldn't mark them up because they didn't cost us anything extra.

We've been nagging S&S about the REST of our shipment for three weeks now, and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Weirdly enough, I can see this particular warehouse from the highway on my way to WORK. I could have rented a U-Haul and picked the books up if had known it would take this long!

Brian

Roseannebarr
12-20-2016, 02:10 PM

Thanks! Glen

I'm talking to a contact at S&S to get the full scoop, hopefully, on those "UK" copies, although I have a pretty good feeling already about what must have happened. Just my gut feeling, though. I'll post what I can when I can. These aren't what I would call "rare" if that helps anyone making a buying decision.

About our copies: we received a partial shipment from S&S earlier this month, and there WERE stickered "UK" copies in the mix. Those have all gone out the door as regular copies. We wouldn't mark them up because they didn't cost us anything extra.

We've been nagging S&S about the REST of our shipment for three weeks now, and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Weirdly enough, I can see this particular warehouse from the highway on my way to WORK. I could have rented a U-Haul and picked the books up if had known it would take this long!

Brian

You read my mind. I was wondering if CD was holding onto these anomoly copies to raise $$ i wish i had requested my copies earlier! UUUGGGH. i will take two if you find them in the next shipment!

:)

DanHocker
12-20-2016, 02:14 PM

Thanks! Glen

Brian

You read my mind. I was wondering if CD was holding onto these anomoly copies to raise $$ i wish i had requested my copies earlier! UUUGGGH. i will take two if you find them in the next shipment!

Honestly I think you'll find that in 6 months or so that these stickered copies aren't as rare as they seem to be at the moment.

Randall Flagg
12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Meaning that when the cancelled UK edition goes on sale, it will be the stickered US printed (different numberline) done by S&S.

Brian861
12-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Good on you guys for not price gouging the consumer.

webstar1000
12-21-2016, 07:24 AM

Like Dave at Overlook is?:angry_002:

Brian861
12-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Like Dave at Overlook is?:angry_002:

><

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2016, 08:07 AM
I can't share complete details of what I've been told, but here's what I can share about this "UK" edition of CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO:

"Both were both printed at the same bindery in the US. There were 6,500 copies impacted by this issue out of the 49,600 printed so far."

I will post this over in the thread for the book, too, in case it proves helpful.

Best,
Brian

wolfehr
12-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks Brian!

Brian861
12-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Wow! Not so rare as predicted.

DanHocker
12-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Wow! Not so rare as predicted.

Believe it or not, when Brian and I where speculating on how many of these we thought where printed we where pretty much right on the money guessing 5 to 6 thousand.

Ari_Racing
12-21-2016, 08:21 AM
6500 copies? Wow...

Brian861
12-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Which now just makes it a desirable variant for some rather than that must have like the SDCC edition.

herbertwest
12-21-2016, 08:29 AM
I can't share complete details of what I've been told, but here's what I can share about this "UK" edition of CHARLIE THE CHOO CHOO:

"Both were both printed at the same bindery in the US. There were 6,500 copies impacted by this issue out of the 49,600 printed so far."

I will post this over in the thread for the book, too, in case it proves helpful.

Best,
Brian

Can someone please remind me what is that issue again?
Thanks

Beverly Marsh
12-21-2016, 10:17 AM
This whole Choo Choo thing has gotten waaaay out of hand. I am perfectly happy with my Hodder edition and my US edition(which will eventually be slipcased as well by CD).
Brian, just curious since I heard that S&S were on their third printing of this, will the folks that ordered from you but haven't gotten them yet still get a first trade edition. Whatever that means anymore....:belial:

Oh and if you're not busy please feel free to share some more NS art...:biggrin:

DanHocker
12-21-2016, 10:47 AM
This whole Choo Choo thing has gotten waaaay out of hand. I am perfectly happy with my Hodder edition and my US edition(which will eventually be slipcased as well by CD).
Brian, just curious since I heard that S&S were on their third printing of this, will the folks that ordered from you but haven't gotten them yet still get a first trade edition. Whatever that means anymore....:belial:

Oh and if you're not busy please feel free to share some more NS art...:biggrin:

I think so, but to my knowledge they haven't done anything to distinguish between the printings on the books.

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2016, 11:27 AM

I think so, but to my knowledge they haven't done anything to distinguish between the printings on the books.

Yeah, the editions/printings are kind of confusing on this one because (at least the ones I've seen) have had a copyright page designed with copyright information as if this were a real book from 75+ years ago... There's been mucho confusion because of that.

Brian

Randall Flagg
12-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Now we know why Hodder & Stoughton (and Sony Pictures-SDCC) had a "representative" sign for Beryl Evans. Presuming Evans was an adult when she wrote the children's book, and is still "alive", signing hundreds and hundreds of books would be dreadfully hard for a centurion....

Marsha and SK just laugh all day about the silly lengths we have all gone through to hoard the books we think/thought would be a Golden Ticket

allasorte
12-21-2016, 06:09 PM
What day is this? What did I miss?
Just kidding. I've been attempting to read throughout the Charlie Choo Choo thread and now have a migraine. I'd simply assume the signed print would have been no one of importance for the price listed. Regardless, a limited numbered print with an interested King book in a slipcase and a hardcover interests me. Also, I bought 3 of the US books from CD. So far two came and they are the non 10-1 print line. No biggie. I like the book and glad to help out a great publisher.

DanHocker
12-22-2016, 09:59 AM
Just kidding. I've been attempting to read throughout the Charlie Choo Choo thread and now have a migraine. I'd simply assume the signed print would have been no one of importance for the price listed. Regardless, a limited numbered print with an interested King book in a slipcase and a hardcover interests me. Also, I bought 3 of the US books from CD. So far two came and they are the non 10-1 print line. No biggie. I like the book and glad to help out a great publisher.

None of the books have 10 - 1 print lines. I'ts an artistic choice on S&S's part. There was supposed to be a slip in with the books we sent explaining this, but I know I forgot to include it with some. I'll post the text below explaining the copyright page.

All copies of CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO by Beryl Evans (aka Stephen King) are marked "Copyright 1942 / 4th Edition" on the copyright page. That is not the actual copright or printing information for the book we're shipping to our collectors, but it is instead another reference to the fictional CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO book that plays a role in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. As far as we can tell, none of the copies of the book published this year by Simon & Schuster contain any "real" printing/edition information. We hope this information is helpful!

brionen
12-22-2016, 10:31 AM

None of the books have 10 - 1 print lines. I'ts an artistic choice on S&S's part. There was supposed to be a slip in with the books we sent explaining this, but I know I forgot to include it with some. I'll post the text below explaining the copyright page.

All copies of CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO by Beryl Evans (aka Stephen King) are marked "Copyright 1942 / 4th Edition" on the copyright page. That is not the actual copright or printing information for the book we're shipping to our collectors, but it is instead another reference to the fictional CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO book that plays a role in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. As far as we can tell, none of the copies of the book published this year by Simon & Schuster contain any "real" printing/edition information. We hope this information is helpful!

Isn't the normal/"real" copyright information printed on the back of the last page or next to last page? I don't have my book in front of me, but I seem to recall finding it somewhere in there.

Br!an
12-22-2016, 10:38 AM

Isn't the normal/"real" copyright information printed on the back of the last page or next to last page? I don't have my book in front of me, but I seem to recall finding it somewhere in there.

Yes it is.

Brian James Freeman
12-22-2016, 10:57 AM

Correct, it is on the very last page facing the back board of the book... where exactly no one looks before we get an angry email, ha! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Hey gang!

We've posted my new Christmas themed short story for FREE on Amazon this week. If you have a moment to check it out, that would be awesome. Here are the links:

Amazon.com --> http://amzn.to/2i6ht8f
Amazon.co.uk --> http://amzn.to/2hXEzye
Amazon.ca --> http://amzn.to/2i6jeSP

Here is the cover:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/e_freema06_360x540.jpg

best,
Brian

DanHocker
12-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Just a heads up for anyone who is interested we are giving away 2 special Game of Thrones collectors boxes over on the CD forums. Entry is fairly straight forward feel free to enter as well. Happy holidays.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2774

Brian861
12-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Hey gang!

We've posted my new Christmas themed short story for FREE on Amazon this week. If you have a moment to check it out, that would be awesome. Here are the links:

Here is the cover:

best,
Brian

Hey, Brian? Any chance of getting one of these signed my good sir :lovely:

Brian James Freeman
12-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Hey gang!

Here is the cover:

best,
Brian

If there's interest, CD could sell signed copies of the chapbook edition. I'm really thrilled with how the chapbook turned out, especially considering Kate only had two days to put the whole thing together before the drop-dead printer deadline.

I think CD might have signed copies in the next few weeks. There is an unsigned chapbook on Amazon for $4.99 if you want to get a feel for what it looks like, but it is the shortest free preview ever due to the length, ha!

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Spirit-Short-Story/dp/1541045599/

Brian

Brian861
12-22-2016, 04:21 PM
LOL, sweet! I'll hold out for a signed copy :) Love the cover.

MLG
12-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Hey gang!

Here is the cover:

best,
Brian

If there's interest, CD could sell signed copies of the chapbook edition. I'm really thrilled with how the chapbook turned out, especially considering Kate only had two days to put the whole thing together before the drop-dead printer deadline.

I think CD might have signed copies in the next few weeks. There is an unsigned chapbook on Amazon for $4.99 if you want to get a feel for what it looks like, but it is the shortest free preview ever due to the length, ha!

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Spirit-Short-Story/dp/1541045599/

Brian

I would definitely be interested in a signed version of the Chapbook!

Randall Flagg
12-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Provide a PP address to send the money directly (friends and family) and a price for a signed chapbook.
I'm in!

Tommy
12-22-2016, 08:42 PM
My BJF collection would be incomplete without a signed chapbook for this so please count me in!

Beverly Marsh
12-23-2016, 05:16 AM
LOL, sweet! I'll hold out for a signed copy :) Love the cover.

Same!

Lurker
12-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Free for Kindle Unlimited. Oh, well.

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Free for Kindle Unlimited. Oh, well.

The Digital List Price in the US is currently $0.00, so you should be able to use the "Buy Now" button to "purchase it" for free. See this screenshot for easy reference:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/FreeBuyButton.jpg

Amazon makes things confusing by advertising the Kindle Unlimited plan right there and also by still using the word "Buy" on the button. But the eBook should be 100% free in all English markets right now!

Let me know if you're still running into trouble!

Brian

Br!an
12-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Brian is correct. Just use Buy now with 1-Click and the price is zero.

Lurker
12-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks Brian and Br!an - it worked. Learn something new every day!

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks Brian and Br!an - it worked. Learn something new every day!

You're welcome! (And you're far from the first person who was tripped up by the silly way Amazon arranged those buttons!)

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2016, 09:15 PM
If anyone needs even more incentive to grab this free short story, consider this compelling review:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/onestarreview.jpg

Don't you want to find out what's so "weird and awful" about the story??

:thumbsup:

Brian

Theli
12-23-2016, 09:25 PM
Well that sells me Brian!

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2016, 09:29 PM

It is easily my favorite one star review I've ever received.

I know that sounds funny, but it's because I know exactly what happened without the reviewer saying it: he or she was expecting a typical "Christmas miracle" story where everyone ends up happily ever after and a valuable lesson is learned... and this, um, is not that kind of story. :)

Brian

firemonkey66
12-23-2016, 10:07 PM

It is easily my favorite one star review I've ever received.

I know that sounds funny, but it's because I know exactly what happened without the reviewer saying it: he or she was expecting a typical "Christmas miracle" story where everyone ends up happily ever after and a valuable lesson is learned... and this, um, is not that kind of story. :)

Brian

Was the reviewer really just browsing Amazon looking for a Christmas story? Haha, he or she sees the price, buys it, then settles down to read a nice Christmas story out loud to his or her's house full of cats and is sorely disappointed to read something original to them.

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Was the reviewer really just browsing Amazon looking for a Christmas story? Haha, he or she sees the price, buys it, then settles down to read a nice Christmas story out loud to his or her's house full of cats and is sorely disappointed to read something original to them.

Yeah, the eBook has been at the top of the "free" lists for the Short Stories and Holiday Stories categories these last two days, so I'm guessing this reader probably saw the title and clicked the "buy" button since it was free. Then started reading the story, which probably seemed very promising to him or her in the beginning...

It's seriously my best guess because of the "weird and awful" phrase. There have been some other neutral to negative reviews, but they've all clearly been readers who just didn't dig it for one reason or another but understood going in that it would probably have a dark edge.

And I'll admit it: I was checking my reviews while waiting in the checkout line at Target yesterday, and I laughed out loud when I saw this one...

Brian

Tommy
12-23-2016, 11:29 PM
I would buy an anthology called Weird and Awful in a heartbeat!

zelig
12-23-2016, 11:57 PM
That's funny. Me too! It could have been the same attached to a 5 star review.

divemaster
12-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Sometimes I just don't understand the U.S. Postal Service.

So the book I ordered from CD was shipped out! Yay! I live less than 2 hours from Baltimore, so it shouldn't take too long to reach me, right?

Book ships on 12/15 from CD to the PO sorting facility in Forest Hill, MD. Ok, fair enough. They need to sort the mail; I get that. But instead of sorting it into the pile to go on the delivery truck either to my address or at least to the receiving facility on the Virginia side (where I live), they send the book to...North Carolina.

North Carolina???

OK, whatever. Maybe that's what it takes. Estimated delivery date of 12/22. So where do they send the book to next?

Back to Maryland! This time to a different sorting facility. WTF? Why not just send it there first?

Then, this message from the PO:

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS facility in CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20799 on December 24, 2016 at 12:55 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I'm glad its on it's way; but geeze; talk about going around your ass to get to your elbow!

Brian861
12-24-2016, 09:34 AM
If anyone needs even more incentive to grab this free short story, consider this compelling review:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/onestarreview.jpg

Don't you want to find out what's so "weird and awful" about the story??

:thumbsup:

Brian

Isn't that actually a compliment :belial: That's make for an excellent review tag for the back of the chap, "From the twisted mind of Brian James Freeman, comes a Christmas tale that's readers are calling, "Weird and Awful"!"

Brian861
12-24-2016, 09:35 AM
I would buy an anthology called Weird and Awful in a heartbeat!

Yea, that's an awesome title, Tommy!

Brian861
12-24-2016, 09:37 AM

So the book I ordered from CD was shipped out! Yay! I live less than 2 hours from Baltimore, so it shouldn't take too long to reach me, right?

Book ships on 12/15 from CD to the PO sorting facility in Forest Hill, MD. Ok, fair enough. They need to sort the mail; I get that. But instead of sorting it into the pile to go on the delivery truck either to my address or at least to the receiving facility on the Virginia side (where I live), they send the book to...North Carolina.

North Carolina???

OK, whatever. Maybe that's what it takes. Estimated delivery date of 12/22. So where do they send the book to next?

Back to Maryland! This time to a different sorting facility. WTF? Why not just send it there first?

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS facility in CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20799 on December 24, 2016 at 12:55 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I'm glad its on it's way; but geeze; talk about going around your ass to get to your elbow!

Probably got tossed into the wrong bin so now it has to make a lap to get sorted out again.

Santa Claus
12-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Hey gang!

Here is the cover:

best,
Brian

Santa Claus likes the sound of this story.... :evil:

DanHocker
12-27-2016, 06:43 AM

North Carolina???

Yea that's real strange. Seems to happen regularly to media mail shipments, maybe other shipments that aren't trackable as well, but you'd never know on those. More likely than not it just got sorted into the wrong bin. That said it should've been to the Baltimore facility before it went anywhere else, since the Forest Hill post office only sends stuff the the main facility in Baltimore.

DanHocker
12-27-2016, 01:33 PM
For those of you who ordered Charlie the Choo Choo from us, these are shipping now. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately we can only really ship one project at a time and Hearts in Suspension got here first. Charlie the Choo Choo is shipping now though, and I have a ton of temporary help this week so I suspect we'll get done shipping it either this week or early next week. Thanks for your patience.

Merlin1958
12-27-2016, 07:28 PM
For those of you who ordered Charlie the Choo Choo from us, these are shipping now. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately we can only really ship one project at a time and Hearts in Suspension got here first. Charlie the Choo Choo is shipping now though, and I have a ton of temporary help this week so I suspect we'll get done shipping it either this week or early next week. Thanks for your patience.

As long as we're on the topic.............What's the ETA for the cases?

Brian James Freeman
12-28-2016, 08:18 AM

As long as we're on the topic.............What's the ETA for the cases?

I expect the sizing prototype when they reopen after the holidays, so probably about 10 weeks after that!

Brian

Ari_Racing
12-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello, Brian.

Super quick question: What's the status of Turn of the lights Artist ed?

Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
12-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Hello, Brian.

Super quick question: What's the status of Turn of the lights Artist ed?

Thanks!

I believe the signature sheets are signed and everything else is ready for the printer, so it's just a matter of getting it sent to the printer in one of the early batches of books in 2017!

Brian

Ari_Racing
12-28-2016, 12:49 PM
That's a very good and fast news! :)

THANKS!

Tommy
12-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Super duper random question just for my own curiosity, what was the first book CD published?

Brian James Freeman
12-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Super duper random question just for my own curiosity, what was the first book CD published?

Prisoners & Other Stories by Ed Gorman in 1992:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/prisoners-other-stories.html

Brian

Tommy
12-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Very cool Brian, thanks!

TCCBodhi
12-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Has Brian given any kind of approximate date on a Shining Portfolio? I don't recall seeing one, but if it is coming soon (as well as when Night Shift might enter it's Preorder phase) it would help to know so I know what months we'll be eating Top Ramen. :)

zelig
12-28-2016, 11:22 PM
...so I know what months we'll be eating Top Ramen. :)

Gotta love it... you have your priorities straight brother.

TCCBodhi
12-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Heck, I've got to try to work in Firestarter as well, if I luck out with a spot there! It's not easy to do with a my fairly recently limited income.

zelig
12-28-2016, 11:34 PM
You're on the list!

Ari_Racing
12-29-2016, 05:44 AM
Has Brian given any kind of approximate date on a Shining Portfolio? I don't recall seeing one, but if it is coming soon (as well as when Night Shift might enter it's Preorder phase) it would help to know so I know what months we'll be eating Top Ramen. :)

Excellent question! :)

Kingfan24
12-29-2016, 06:00 AM

Excellent question! :)

I'd just like to know when we will see the salems portfolio with remarques.

Brian James Freeman
12-29-2016, 07:46 AM

No plans yet as to when we'll offer The Shining Portfolio. We'd like to get the 'Salem's Lot Portfolio shipped in January first, and then see how things are looking!

Brian

Theli
12-29-2016, 08:20 AM

No plans yet as to when we'll offer The Shining Portfolio. We'd like to get the 'Salem's Lot Portfolio shipped in January first, and then see how things are looking!

Brian

Well that's promising!

Any idea if there will be another early offer to pre-order Night Shift? I missed the last one.

Brian James Freeman
12-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Any idea if there will be another early offer to pre-order Night Shift? I missed the last one.

That seems likely. I had to put my efforts to finalize the TOC on hold for the holidays, so NIGHT SHIFT hasn't started into design yet and the official public announcement is a ways off.

Brian

Theli
12-29-2016, 08:48 AM
That's good to hear! Thanks for all the good work Brian, I appreciate you and Dan going out of your way to answer questions for us here and on the CD board.

Brian James Freeman
12-29-2016, 09:04 AM
That's good to hear! Thanks for all the good work Brian, I appreciate you and Dan going out of your way to answer questions for us here and on the CD board.

You're very welcome! We do what we can, and we couldn't do any of it without the support of collectors who dig what we're doing! ;)

Brian

Tommy
12-29-2016, 09:15 AM
I can dig it! :dance:

Beverly Marsh
12-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Baby can you dig your man?
Yes we can!

(oh lordy, that was so lame of me. :smile_002: )

Happy New Year CD folks!! Thanks for everything. Looking forward to 2017 and what wonders you may bring us.....(and how much more of my bank account will be depleted)

Ari_Racing
12-29-2016, 10:12 AM
One last question!

Any chance we could know more about Pet Sematary's artist? :)

Brian James Freeman
12-29-2016, 11:38 AM
One last question!

Sure! The artist's name has been posted somewhere in this thread in relation to another project!

Brian

Theli
12-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Brian, you are evil!

Randall Flagg
12-29-2016, 12:58 PM
One last question!

Sure! The artist's name has been posted somewhere in this thread in relation to another project!

Brian

Less than 15,000 posts to wade through...

Ari_Racing
12-29-2016, 01:02 PM
One last question!

Brian

Less than 15,000 posts to wade through...

And about to 30 artists mentioned or more to make a guess. :D

Brian861
12-29-2016, 01:03 PM
One last question!

Brian

That's awesome!

T-Dogz_AK47
12-29-2016, 01:31 PM
One last question!

Brian

Brian, you are evil!

Don't worry, I'm on the case..... :cool:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/43b035cf-4ae4-48bb-ad01-15afbc00dcc0_zpsloxdhhnm.jpg

TCCBodhi
12-29-2016, 09:58 PM

I absolutely second that. It's very nice to have you be so responsive. Thanks so much!

divemaster
12-30-2016, 05:13 AM
One last question!

Brian

Brian, you are evil!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/43b035cf-4ae4-48bb-ad01-15afbc00dcc0_zpsloxdhhnm.jpg

Matthew McConaughey is the artist for Pet Sematary? WOWZA!!

T-Dogz_AK47
12-30-2016, 10:11 AM
One last question!

Brian

Brian, you are evil!

Matthew McConaughey is the artist for Pet Sematary? WOWZA!!

No, but I currently have it down to only 3 suspects.... :ninja:

Theli
12-30-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm excited to hear what your sleuthing techniques have potentially uncovered, and what process of elimination you used to arrive at your conclusions!

richardsrarebooks
12-30-2016, 01:02 PM
PS Publishing Night Shift (both covers) now available with discount for CDCC members!

Tommy
12-30-2016, 01:06 PM
PS Publishing Night Shift (both covers) now available with discount for CDCC members!

Why are you announcing that here? Everyone in the CDCC will have received an email about that. Perhaps CD wanted to give the CDCC members first chance at those copies before the general public was made aware of it?

richardsrarebooks
12-30-2016, 01:11 PM
Sorry, just wanted to give a heads up to the members who hadn't checked there emails. No ulterior motives.

Roseannebarr
12-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Brian,

We have a problem,

another member posted on the CTCC site:

Got my CTCC from CD and it's a 3rd printing. Damn. Now I'm on the lookout for a 1st, if anyone has one. Just a plain old 1st, no anomaly. Thanks!

Are we going to be able to return these? I think we all know as collectors the only book worth getting is a first printing and/or fourth (when it comes to ctcc).

does the return include shipping?

Tommy
12-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Mine is also a third printing.

Br!an
12-30-2016, 07:15 PM
OUCH!

Lurker
12-30-2016, 09:59 PM

Why are you announcing that here? Everyone in the CDCC will have received an email about that. Perhaps CD wanted to give the CDCC members first chance at those copies before the general public was made aware of it?

I got an e-mail about them:"NIGHT SHIFT Stephen King UK Limited Edition!". I am not a CDCC member so my e-mail didn't mention the discount.

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Brian,

We have a problem,

another member posted on the CTCC site:

Got my CTCC from CD and it's a 3rd printing. Damn. Now I'm on the lookout for a 1st, if anyone has one. Just a plain old 1st, no anomaly. Thanks!

Are we going to be able to return these? I think we all know as collectors the only book worth getting is a first printing and/or fourth (when it comes to ctcc).

does the return include shipping?

On my phone, will reply tomorrow, but I will need to investigate how we got 3rds... and yes, you can return them and I will make sure Mindy knows we need to cover shipping. More later!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2016, 10:18 PM

I got an e-mail about them:"NIGHT SHIFT Stephen King UK Limited Edition!". I am not a CDCC member so my e-mail didn't mention the discount.

Correct, CDCC first and then our "recent SK customer" list a few hours later! Not enough copies for the general newsletter from the looks of things!

Brian

allasorte
12-31-2016, 04:18 AM

When you say third printing, you mean no "2" or "1" in the print line?

dnemec
12-31-2016, 06:12 AM

Yep. I was the one that posted in the other thread that Roseannebarr mentioned above. My number line shows: 4 6 8 10 9 7 5 3.

Tommy
12-31-2016, 07:53 AM

Yep. I was the one that posted in the other thread that Roseannebarr mentioned above. My number line shows: 4 6 8 10 9 7 5 3.

Same here.

allasorte
12-31-2016, 08:26 AM
I didn't even think there were 3rd printings of CTCC out there yet. I was assuming people were stating that the real first had no bar code at all. The "second" was the old UK one with a print line of 10-1. The third would be the jumbled line with a 1 in it. So to hear a real 3rd printing was out there I thought was pretty odd and wanted to clarify that with you guys. That sucks because I just sold my last one off. Not to make a profit mind you, just to shorten the collection.

Brian James Freeman
12-31-2016, 10:29 AM
We should have received all 1st printings, I hadn't even heard about a 2nd or 3rd yet! Our first 500 copies were a mix of 1st printings and the cancelled UK trade hardcover that was re-stickered for the US. There's not much I can do to check on this before Tuesday, but I'll be on it then. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

TacomaDiver
12-31-2016, 10:36 AM
With the CDCC discount, I was tempted to cancel my order that I made directly with PS but decided not to. Just wish I had gotten notice earlier and I would ordered directly from CD.

Speaking of CDCC - any word on the gift certificate sale yet?

Correct, CDCC first and then our "recent SK customer" list a few hours later! Not enough copies for the general newsletter from the looks of things!

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
12-31-2016, 10:41 AM

Whatever you do Brian, please don't hold the CDCC gift certificate sale just yet - I am very short of funds at the moment and will miss out (again)!!! :panic: :doh:

Brian James Freeman
12-31-2016, 12:52 PM

Whatever you do Brian, please don't hold the CDCC gift certificate sale just yet - I am very short of funds at the moment and will miss out (again)!!! :panic: :doh:

Not yet... not sure when, but I was thinking of having TWO Gift Certificate sales for the CDCC this year... if anyone might be interested in that.

Brian

Tommy
12-31-2016, 12:57 PM

Not yet... not sure when, but I was thinking of having TWO Gift Certificate sales for the CDCC this year... if anyone might be interested in that.

Brian

:rock:

Br!an
12-31-2016, 12:59 PM
No thanks. Just the one is fine. :wtf:

AKC
12-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Anybody order the Joyland: Illustrated Edition through CD? If so, ever receive it?

I ordered mine back in September of 2015. Haven't received yet. Just curious if anybody else has....

wolfehr
12-31-2016, 02:41 PM
I did and have not received it yet.

needfulthings
12-31-2016, 03:10 PM
:unsure:Are you saying ordering OTHER publishers books from CD is like a box of chocolates?

allasorte
12-31-2016, 04:01 PM
Anybody order the Joyland: Illustrated Edition through CD? If so, ever receive it?

I ordered mine back in September of 2015. Haven't received yet. Just curious if anybody else has....

no. I also ordered the slipcase with it too.

Brian James Freeman
12-31-2016, 05:15 PM

With or without the slipcase?

Brian

AKC
12-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Hey Brian, my order was without the slipcase.

Thanks to all for the responses! Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the shipment!

TacomaDiver
01-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Two sales? That might work, especially because, as said above, funds are in short supply. I did just buy a bunch of books from Gauntlet, tracked down and bought a missing soccer jersey I've been looking for for about three years ago, and had to replace all of my bedding yesterday because of my brother's elderly dog. Good bye referral bonuses at work.

Anyways, I still have funds earmarked for CDCC GCs though.

And count me in on the Joyland slipcase as not being received. I think it got lost in their warehouse isnce I recall it arriving but other books were in the way.

zachip
01-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Hi Brian. Question. did you got Gauntlet' Great & Secret Show ? when are you expecting that to ship? thanks.

Brian James Freeman
01-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi Brian. Question. did you got Gauntlet' Great & Secret Show ? when are you expecting that to ship? thanks.

Expecting them to arrive this upcoming week, but Dan will have to let you know when they might ship!

Brian

Room 217 Caretaker
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Same here.

Got mine today...... 468109753. :(

Mulleins

Br!an
01-02-2017, 03:45 PM
All the stores near me have 1sts if anyone needs me to pick one up for them.

Tommy
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
All the stores near me have 1sts if anyone needs me to pick one up for them.

Same here, my local B&N has at least 7 copies, all first printings.

DanHocker
01-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Expecting them to arrive this upcoming week, but Dan will have to let you know when they might ship!

Brian

These are here. Though I believe we are waiting to hear back from Gauntlet about a mixup with what was shipped to us. That said without getting into details there's a minimum of 8 projects that have been here for a long time waiting for their turn to ship that is ahead of it in the shipping queue. It's been a fairly backed up back half of the year with a lot of large quantity projects showing up at the same time. Plus "urgent" projects that have the jump the queue.

DanHocker
01-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Anyone who didn't get their Joyland yet feel free to email me or Mindy.

TacomaDiver
01-03-2017, 05:13 PM
The book or the slipcase?

Merlin1958
01-03-2017, 05:33 PM
I would like to offer my sincere "Thanks" to, Brian Freeman and his crack team at CD for all the help & service they have shown to me and on behalf of the Haven Fund. All the CTCC's have been mailed, awesome donations have been made and they also managed to put up with my BS for another year!!! So.....................................

Many Thanks, CD!!!!!

For all the things you do for your Customers!!!!

firemonkey66
01-04-2017, 07:16 AM

Same here.

Got mine today...... 468109753. :(

Mulleins

Got mine today. Same thing, third printing. Sucks.

DanHocker
01-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Either.

zelig
01-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Either.

Dan I never got the slipcase. Thanks.

DanHocker
01-04-2017, 07:33 AM

Either.

Dan I never got the slipcase. Thanks.

You have to email me. I can't look up your account info based on your forum name... ;)

zelig
01-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Sorry, I see that now. Didn't read the message fully.

DanHocker
01-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Sorry, I see that now. Didn't read the message fully.

No problem.

Tommy
01-04-2017, 07:49 AM
I haven't received mine yet either, anyone have a pic of the finished slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
I haven't received mine yet either, anyone have a pic of the finished slipcase?

I do!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/joylandslipcase.jpg

Brian

Tommy
01-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Very nice! :clap:

ICry4Oy
01-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Would it be a bad idea for Cemetery Dance to list what books have finally been completely shipped out in addition to their updates page? This (Joyland) is the second book within a few months that I didn't get and wouldn't have known it should have been sent, if not for this website.

Roseannebarr
01-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Would it be a bad idea for Cemetery Dance to list what books have finally been completely shipped out in addition to their updates page? This (Joyland) is the second book within a few months that I didn't get and wouldn't have known it should have been sent, if not for this website.

Definately hard to keep up. My original joyland slipcase got lost in the system. Mr Mercedes trilogy was not lost according to Mindy. I have a CD problem. i order too much!!

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2017, 11:11 AM

In fact, I'm looking to make some changes to the Updates page this year! :)

Brian

Roseannebarr
01-04-2017, 11:42 AM

just looked through all my orders and here are some assumptions i am making:

Shivers VIII not started no production updates
Six Scary Stories with Slipcase - not shipped because slipcase is not ready. Book and Slipcase will ship together.
Sharp Objects not started no production updates

MLG
01-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Brian

A suggestion I would have is a better view into the status of 'Other publishers books' that you have sold. I think I have one or two that I know the publisher has issued but am unsure if you received your copies yet. Sometime soon I will need to go through my orders and check with Mindy. If those items had a status on the update page I would not need to bother her.

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2017, 01:59 PM

Brian

A suggestion I would have is a better view into the status of 'Other publishers books' that you have sold. I think I have one or two that I know the publisher has issued but am unsure if you received your copies yet. Sometime soon I will need to go through my orders and check with Mindy. If those items had a status on the update page I would not need to bother her.

Yep, I could try adding them to the OTHER section of the Production Updates page.

Brian

mae
01-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Any updates on The Shining? When is that expected to ship? (Mine's via PSP so it probably will take longer...)

bdwyer19
01-05-2017, 06:27 AM
Brian - When is 'In Sunlight or In Shadow' supposed to be published? It's not listed on the Production Updates page.

AstroDad
01-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Any updates on The Shining? When is that expected to ship? (Mine's via PSP so it probably will take longer...)

I believe there was a delay due to the dummy books size being a little off. This is the most recent production update:

The book will be completed at the printer in January 2017, and our slipcase and traycase makers are just waiting on finished copies to start work on the cases. All three editions will be published in spring 2017.

webstar1000
01-05-2017, 07:04 AM

I believe there was a delay due to the dummy books size being a little off. This is the most recent production update:

The book will be completed at the printer in January 2017, and our slipcase and traycase makers are just waiting on finished copies to start work on the cases. All three editions will be published in spring 2017.

I was so hoping to have this end of last year. It looked like that for a bit too...

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 07:39 AM

I was so hoping to have this end of last year. It looked like that for a bit too...

We where really hoping to have it in November / December as well. That said given how packed my shipping schedule is / has been since like September I can't imagine how we would've found the time.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Yeah, I've been super bummed about this one. Getting the proper rights to add the new material took four months when I thought it would take a few weeks. Then the dummy book was not produced on the correct paper stock, which is something I'm SUPER paranoid about in general. (I've only been really burned once by a bad dummy book, but they've always made me nervous.) The printer closed for their usual three weeks for the holidays before they could finish the job and they will be re-opening next week, at which point they should be binding the books, so we SHOULD have finished copies for the case makers to get exact sizing this month.

Everything had been coming together really nicely on this one, but the universe kept tripping us up. In the end, though, the finished product should be beautiful (and unique) and hopefully that'll make up for the wait!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
We where really hoping to have it in November / December as well. That said given how packed my shipping schedule is / has been since like September I can't imagine how we would've found the time.

Time machines and parallel universes would have been involved.

Brian

St. Troy
01-05-2017, 08:56 AM
...All three editions will be published in spring 2017.

This bit got my attention when I first saw it, because (unless I've been snoozing) the lettered Salem's Lot still has yet to make its appearance. If I'm wrong about this, please administer a severe correction, preferably including photos, which, since I will likely never own this, are my main goal anyway.

St. Troy
01-05-2017, 08:58 AM
...and speaking of Salem's Lot, I received the GE for Christmas and can now verify what everyone already knows: it is quite nice.

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 09:10 AM

This bit got my attention when I first saw it, because (unless I've been snoozing) the lettered Salem's Lot still has yet to make its appearance. If I'm wrong about this, please administer a severe correction, preferably including photos, which, since I will likely never own this, are my main goal anyway.

Definitely not wrong. However those and the Gone Girl lettereds should be shipping soon. I mostly just have to find the time to work them into the shipping schedule, which is unfortunately full at the moment.

webstar1000
01-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Definitely not wrong. However those and the Gone Girl lettereds should be shipping soon. I mostly just have to find the time to work them into the shipping schedule, which is unfortunately full at the moment.

Do yuo handle shipping all by yourself Dan?

bdwyer19
01-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Hi Brian/Dan - Asking again, in case you missed it earlier...

When is 'In Sunlight or In Shadow' supposed to be published? It's not listed on the Production Updates page.

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Do yuo handle shipping all by yourself Dan?

Mostly. I have some part time help right now putting in like 15 hours a week. It's not usually a problem with our regular projects, but we've had a lot of huge shipping projects since September / October which has really backed us way up, and my part time help is fairly new so is still kinda slow.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Hi Brian/Dan - Asking again, in case you missed it earlier...

When is 'In Sunlight or In Shadow' supposed to be published? It's not listed on the Production Updates page.

I will check!

Brian

AstroDad
01-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Just noticed the Production Update page has The Salem's Lot Portfolios as shipping this month. Hopefully we are still on course for that or soon after.

Were we offered remarques on those? I don't recall.

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Just noticed the Production Update page has The Salem's Lot Portfolios as shipping this month. Hopefully we are still on course for that or soon after.

I think we're getting close on those. I know our local printer who usually handles art prints for us has been taking a long time with the prints. That said given the shipping schedule I wouldn't get my hopes up that they will actually ship in January even if they where to show up tomorrow. I don't really have the schedule locked down super far out, but we're currently shipping Haven by Tom Deady (was supposed to be out in December) and then Vampyricon is next, plus I really want to get the lettereds for Salems' Lot and Gone Girl shipped this month. The shipping queue is fluid thing though so we'll see.

webstar1000
01-05-2017, 10:28 AM

I think we're getting close on those. I know our local printer who usually handles art prints for us has been taking a long time with the prints. That said given the shipping schedule I wouldn't get my hopes up that they will actually ship in January even if they where to show up tomorrow. I don't really have the schedule locked down super far out, but we're currently shipping Haven by Tom Deady (was supposed to be out in December) and then Vampyricon is next, plus I really want to get the lettereds for Salems' Lot and Gone Girl shipped this month. The shipping queue is fluid thing though so we'll see.

I will beat their price. I also can say... you will never wait that long at my store for prints. NO MORE than 2-3 days turnaround plus the time to ship it back to you.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 10:32 AM
I will beat their price. I also can say... you will never wait that long at my store for prints. NO MORE than 2-3 days turnaround plus the time to ship it back to you.

It was a ridiculous wait this time. We like to work with other local businesses, but there's only so much we can do if they're going to take this long, you know? I think part of the problem with them in 2016 was that this is a family owned shop that has been around FOREVER and they just joined a chain or bought into a franchise, I'm not sure which, but everything just ground to a halt while they put new procedures in place and new systems and...

Brian

Theli
01-05-2017, 11:06 AM

Looking forward to Vampyricon!

webstar1000
01-05-2017, 11:07 AM

It was a ridiculous wait this time. We like to work with other local businesses, but there's only so much we can do if they're going to take this long, you know? I think part of the problem with them in 2016 was that this is a family owned shop that has been around FOREVER and they just joined a chain or bought into a franchise, I'm not sure which, but everything just ground to a halt while they put new procedures in place and new systems and...

Brian

If your ever in a pickle. I would love a chance to help out. I can rush that amount out in under 24 hours. Hands down:)

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 11:13 AM

Because I'm really proud of how this one (finally) turned out, I think I'll post a few photos for you... ;)

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/vampyriconLimited01.jpg
http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/vampyriconLimited03.jpg
http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/TheVampyriconBOOKSsmall.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 11:14 AM
If your ever in a pickle. I would love a chance to help out. I can rush that amount out in under 24 hours. Hands down:)

Absolutely! We've tried to stick with local places, but they're not making it easy on us right now!!

Brian

Randall Flagg
01-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Absolutely! We've tried to stick with local places, but they're not making it easy on us right now!!

Brian

Give Kris a shot.
Maybe a confidential test run of 50 prints.
Pressure on Kris to earn a larger project, but if things don't work out, both parties aren't butt hurt.

Theli
01-05-2017, 12:06 PM

Because I'm really proud of how this one (finally) turned out, I think I'll post a few photos for you... ;)

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/vampyriconLimited01.jpg
http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/vampyriconLimited03.jpg
http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/TheVampyriconBOOKSsmall.jpg

Brian

Oh man! Quite the beauty! Looking forward to it even more now!

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Brian

Oh man! Quite the beauty! Looking forward to it even more now!

Yea and honestly the pictures don't really do it justice. The materials we used on these books is pretty awesome.

St. Troy
01-05-2017, 12:16 PM
The Vampyricon looks quite nice. Does the brown one have a felt- or suede-like surface, or is it just me?

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2017, 12:22 PM
The Vampyricon looks quite nice. Does the brown one have a felt- or suede-like surface, or is it just me?

It's pretty groovy. It's what the printers call a "soft touch" type of material. Neither CD or LRB have ever used it before on a book. I've always wanted to, so here we are... :)

Brian

DanHocker
01-05-2017, 12:25 PM

It's pretty groovy. It's what the printers call a "soft touch" type of material. Neither CD or LRB have ever used it before on a book. I've always wanted to, so here we are... :)

Brian

I'd call the brown closer to the feel of a soft leather than a felt or suede.

St. Troy
01-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Nice!

Brian861
01-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Very nice looking book!

As far as the prints, competition is good and keeps businesses from getting lazy and complacent. The use of local businesses is commendable as well if it's working for both parties.

mikeC
01-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Can I have an update on the Salems Lot portfoilio please?

DanHocker
01-06-2017, 07:46 AM

Here's what I posted yesterday.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 07:57 AM
If you purchased Charlie the Choo Choo from us and received a 3rd printing, please email me at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com ASAP. Even if you're keeping your 3rd printing and didn't contact us OR if you've already contacted Mindy, please email me. (Although please let me know whether you've already spoken with Mindy because it will make it easier for me to help you out!) Thank you!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
01-06-2017, 09:02 AM
If you purchased Charlie the Choo Choo from us and received a 3rd printing, please email me at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com ASAP. Even if you're keeping your 3rd printing and didn't contact us OR if you've already contacted Mindy, please email me. (Although please let me know whether you've already spoken with Mindy because it will make it easier for me to help you out!) Thank you!

Brian
Email sent. I wasn't going to send mine back but now I'm curious.....

Roseannebarr
01-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Email sent. Thank You Brian!

mikeC
01-06-2017, 09:29 AM

Thanks. Bummer. AstroDad, We were offered an original drawing to add to the portfolio last november which my wife bought for me for chirstmas last year and I believe there was an update in July 2016 that David Palumbo had finished all the drawings that were purchased.

Kingfan24
01-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Thanks. Bummer. AstroDad, We were offered an original drawing to add to the portfolio last november which my wife bought for me for chirstmas last year and I believe there was an update in July 2016 that David Palumbo had finished all the drawings that were purchased.

I'm with you here man. Been waiting for this portfolio since I ordered it over a year and 2 months ago.

AstroDad
01-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanks Mike! I had no recollection of it, but this morning went searching through emails and did find that I ordered a Palumbo Remarque in February 2016. Relative to the Carrie portfolio this one really had bad luck in the time taken to complete due to all of the factors Brian and Dan have mentioned.

I am just thankful that they take the time to keep us in the loop. I can't imagine the constant frustration of these third parties holding things up while you are the one having to be accountable to your customers for other people's mistakes. CD's transparency goes a long way for me in continuing to order from them along with knowing I can just post here and ask where my Dark Tower framed print is (hint, hint) every few months. :)

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 10:40 AM
ask where my Dark Tower framed print is (hint, hint) every few months. :)

On Mindy's framing table, actually! :)

Brian

Aronstg
01-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Email sent

St. Troy
01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Any updates on The Shining?

FYI, today I noticed that the CD "Production Status Index" page now says June 2017 instead of spring 2017 (June could still be spring, of course).

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Any updates on The Shining?

FYI, today I noticed that the CD "Production Status Index" page now says June 2017 instead of spring 2017 (June could still be spring, of course).

Yeah, I re-read that when I went to post the latest update and wanted to be more precise to give more appropriate expectations now that I'm hearing a more firm date from our vendor. Sorry again about the delay on this one, it's really annoying me that it isn't already in everyone's hands. I can't wait to discuss the added material with everyone and this book has just been kicking me in the butt with every turn. Thanks again to everyone who has been so awesomely patient.

Brian

St. Troy
01-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Most forms of "entertainment" that come across my path are either forgettable or outright irritate me - I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for something righteously tremendous (and the transparency helps).

Any chance that delays on The Shining might result in future SK Doubleday Years releases (Night Shift, The Stand, Pet Sematary) being released along a comparatively accelerated schedule (a bit closer together), given that they are already being worked on in some sense? Or probably never closer than 6 months apart? Perhaps it is driven more by CD's overall workload.

Speaking for myself, as a spouse-dependent spender :Ball Kick:, I'm just fine with longer waits between books.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Any chance that delays on The Shining might result in future SK Doubleday Years releases (Night Shift, The Stand, Pet Sematary) being released along a comparatively accelerated schedule (a bit closer together), given that they are already being worked on in some sense?

I had originally hoped to publish two per year, but it's been amazing how various factors have prevented that.

For example, with NIGHT SHIFT, I still haven't gotten approval for my requested Bonus Features. It might be a "yes" or a "no" or a "some of these" kind of deal. If it's a "no," then things move much faster from here on out. If it's a "yes" or "some" sort of answer, then I need to get an official contract issued and signed, I need to get our typesetter typing files, I have to ask the artist to make time in his schedule for some additional work, I need to revise spec sheets for the printer, etc, etc. Dominos start falling and each one can get stuck and stop our progress. (Also, there's a reason I didn't ask for my ideal Bonus Features for every book all at the same time... It's a good way to get a "yes" to one and "but not these" to the others even though the requests are for different books... Spacing out the requests, one book at a time, helps tremendously. Just a little tip if anyone out there is pitching an author on a multi-volume set!)

But I'm trying really hard to find GOOD bonus features that make the books different and interesting. I might get told "no" but I'm trying, ha!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
01-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Any chance that delays on The Shining might result in future SK Doubleday Years releases (Night Shift, The Stand, Pet Sematary) being released along a comparatively accelerated schedule (a bit closer together), given that they are already being worked on in some sense?

I had originally hoped to publish two per year, but it's been amazing how various factors have prevented that.

For example, with NIGHT SHIFT, I still haven't gotten approval for my requested Bonus Features. It might be a "yes" or a "no" or a "some of these" kind of deal. If it's a "no," then things move much faster from here on out. If it's a "yes" or "some" sort of answer, then I need to get an official contract issued and signed, I need to get our typesetter typing files, I have to ask the artist to make time in his schedule for some additional work, I need to revise spec sheets for the printer, etc, etc. Dominos start falling and each one can get stuck and stop our progress. (Also, there's a reason I didn't ask for my ideal Bonus Features for every book all at the same time... It's a good way to get a "yes" to one and "but not these" to the others even though the requests are for different books... Spacing out the requests, one book at a time, helps tremendously. Just a little tip if anyone out there is pitching an author on a multi-volume set!)

But I'm trying really hard to find GOOD bonus features that make the books different and interesting. I might get told "no" but I'm trying, ha!

Brian

Hell I'll wait as long as necessary if you get the bonus materials for this one! One of my faves.....have I mentioned that yet? :biggrin1:
Really though, can't wait to see what they are IF they happen.
As for The Shining we've waited 40 years for something like this, what's a few more months? It's going to be awesome!

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Hell I'll wait as long as necessary if you get the bonus materials for this one! One of my faves.....have I mentioned that yet? :biggrin1:

I can't wait to see Pete's edition, too. We managed to go in two totally different directions for the artwork for our editions and I think that's great.

Brian

St. Troy
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm trying really hard to find GOOD bonus features that make the books different and interesting. I might get told "no" but I'm trying, ha!

Brian

The effort is appreciated.

There's a specialty "fine" book publisher out there (not a direct competitor of CD's) that quite often just slaps a leather binding on an existing edition of an existing book (they don't actually rebind existing page blocks, but they might as well - most of their releases can be compared, page by page, with the conventional editions of these books). Sure, they can produce what they like, there is an audience for this kind of thing, and they even have a few that I might like to have (I do like leather and gilding, and ribbon markers...), but I've never even been close to blown away by anything they've done - I've never contacted my fellow bibliophiles to say Have you seen what (this publisher) has done with (one of their books)? You've gotta check it out!

CD is the opposite - there's always something pulling me in, even for books I've read but am not wild about. Nice bindings, sure, but not always the same material or style (they won't bore you); new and quality artwork; bonus features that vary and go beyond a by-the-numbers "hey, the author here, it's been 25 years and isn't this a nice work of mine?" afterword (these are fine when they're all that can be had, but CD doesn't settle for fine).

With the unnamed publisher referenced above, there's a sense that they are mailing it in quite a bit of the time - with CD, there's a sense that they've looked at it from a fan's perspective and left nothing on the table - they're never going to have to say to themselves, "we should have tried harder to find those missing bits of The Shining" or "what if we added a map of Salem's Lot to Salem's Lot?" - they generated the cool ideas and executed, and if a release lacks something that readers had wanted and believed possible (like bonus short stories in Night Shift), rest assured that CD made the phone calls, shook the tree, and rattled the cage.

Now, there won't be missing chapters available for every future CD release - there are limits to everything - but the baseline of quality they've established and the fact that their editions don't look like everything else out there make them and their releases always worth a serious look. For example, while Pet Sematary isn't quite a favorite of mine (although I do like it), I am excited to see what CD does with it, I expect they will add touches that enhance what I do like about it, and I expect I'll buy it. For another example, with CD's edition of The Dark Man, I went from (before seeing it), "wow - this is a mighty thin concept; I can't imagine wanting this even if someone gave it to me" to "hmm...look at what they did here...nice layout...Chadbourne was really on his game...I can feel it coming off the page...I need this." That's some nice work there.

CD understands the difference between a sundae and a bowl of ice cream.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Just wanted to swing in to say "thank you!!" real quick before I jump on a phone call... I'm actually trying to shake one more tree here before the end of the day, if I can. Hopefully something fun falls out instead of a coconut. ;)

Brian

Theli
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
I agree with you about CD!

However I do think there is something to be said for a uniform said, the aforementioned publisher (let's call them E. Press, no that's too obvious, how about Easton P.?) look mighty classy on a shelf. The quality of the products vary a bit, I've received some that are a tad unsatisfactory, a rebound book essentially, while most of their I think are quite nice. The Sci-fi line I think is really, wait for it, stellar. I think they do a nice job differentiating each volume with unique gold stamping and new frontispieces. Their deluxe books, likewise, really stand out, always top notch artists and really beautiful slipcases. But to each their own!

Theli
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Just wanted to swing in to say "thank you!!" real quick before I jump on a phone call... I'm actually trying to shake one more tree here before the end of the day, if I can. Hopefully something fun falls out instead of a coconut. ;)

Brian

What's wrong with a coconut? Better than shaking a tree and getting a cat in the face!

bdwyer19
01-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Brian

What's wrong with a coconut? Better than shaking a tree and getting a cat in the face!

Not exactly shaking the tree, but it still made me think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bKkmACzuGOw

Beverly Marsh
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM

I can't wait to see Pete's edition, too. We managed to go in two totally different directions for the artwork for our editions and I think that's great.

Brian
Me too! I've enjoyed all of the artwork you have posted for the CD edition and also what Pete has posted for theirs.
Just curious, do you collect as well? What I mean is, do you keep an edition of everything you guys publish and other publishers editions when you guys sell them? For instance, Night Shift by PS. Do you end up getting yourself one?
I can only imagine the bookshelves....

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM

Brian

Coconut to the noggin, cat in the face, squirrel in the Christmas tree... all of these things will hamper productivity!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Just curious, do you collect as well? What I mean is, do you keep an edition of everything you guys publish and other publishers editions when you guys sell them? For instance, Night Shift by PS. Do you end up getting yourself one? I can only imagine the bookshelves....

I used to keep one of everything from every press we sell, but the space demands were getting out of hand, so now I'm a little more focused on what I keep, just out of necessity!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
01-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Got an email last night from CD who are once again up to their 'ole wonderful customer service tricks :)
Thank you!

NeedfulKings
01-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Got an email last night from CD who are once again up to their 'ole wonderful customer service tricks :)
Thank you!

Agreed. Many, many props to Brian and the CD group.

Beverly Marsh
01-13-2017, 04:45 AM
I got a Dark Man S/L for Christmas and there was a "limited edition" bookmark in there. Just curious as to the story behind these.....

mae
01-13-2017, 05:20 AM

Brian

I too will wait as long as necessary for a Night Shift with all possible bonuses (in other words, uncollected pieces from the same time period). And if King said yes to Before and After the Play, I can't see him saying no to great stuff like Weeds or The Crate. The only thing I can see him wavering on is ephemera like The King Family and the Wicked Witch, but it'd still be good to have just to see all these long uncollected pieces in an official King book.

DanHocker
01-13-2017, 08:37 AM
I got a Dark Man S/L for Christmas and there was a "limited edition" bookmark in there. Just curious as to the story behind these.....

I am pretty sure they where just extra bookmarks from the slipcased trade we included with the more expensive editions. I could be wrong though. That was a long time ago.

Theli
01-13-2017, 08:50 AM

I am pretty sure they where just extra bookmarks from the slipcased trade we included with the more expensive editions. I could be wrong though. That was a long time ago.

I think you nailed it. Just an extra little art piece, in colour. I know it was provided with the slipcased trade edition as well.

Beverly Marsh
01-13-2017, 09:54 AM

I think you nailed it. Just an extra little art piece, in colour. I know it was provided with the slipcased trade edition as well.
Thanks fellas!

T-Dogz_AK47
01-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Hi Brian, I just found out that the legendary William Peter Blatty has passed away. :cry: :cry:

Does this mean that the planned Lonely Road Books S/L edition of Legion will be cancelled?

Brian James Freeman
01-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Hi Brian, I just found out that the legendary William Peter Blatty has passed away. :cry: :cry:

Does this mean that the planned Lonely Road Books S/L edition of Legion will be cancelled?

No, everything is just about done on the project and it will be published later this year. Not sure when the official announcement will be, though.

Brian

richardsrarebooks
01-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear of his passing. The Exorcist was one scary read (much scarier than the movie, I thought).

T-Dogz_AK47
01-13-2017, 12:57 PM
The Exorcist is one of my favourite books of all time and I agree that it's waaaay scarier than the movie.

Thanks for confirming that the LRB edition of Legion will still be going ahead, Brian! I'm definitely going for the Lettered edition of that to match my truly awesome copy of The Exorcist. :thumbsup:

mae
01-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Brian

I too will wait as long as necessary for a Night Shift with all possible bonuses (in other words, uncollected pieces from the same time period). And if King said yes to Before and After the Play, I can't see him saying no to great stuff like Weeds or The Crate. The only thing I can see him wavering on is ephemera like The King Family and the Wicked Witch, but it'd still be good to have just to see all these long uncollected pieces in an official King book.

And speaking of bonuses, it would be cool to have the original magazine versions of the stories that were later collected heavily revised: Strawberry Spring, Night Surf, The Reaper's Image, and It Grows on You.

St. Troy
01-13-2017, 02:28 PM
...it would be cool to have the original magazine versions of the stories that were later collected heavily revised: Strawberry Spring, Night Surf, The Reaper's Image, and It Grows on You.

Cool idea; let's hope so.

George at C-Springs
01-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Hey Brian - Was just on the website for the first time since you converted over; looks good, but I don't see the production updates section anymore. Did you drop it? Was looking for the latest on lettered Smoke & Mirrors and Gone Girl. Also ordered Fireman and Gorilla. Thx -- George

St. Troy
01-13-2017, 04:34 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

DanHocker
01-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Hey Brian - Was just on the website for the first time since you converted over; looks good, but I don't see the production updates section anymore. Did you drop it? Was looking for the latest on lettered Smoke & Mirrors and Gone Girl. Also ordered Fireman and Gorilla. Thx -- George

I'm not sure where Smoke & Mirrors is in the traycase queue, but I can say that I have the cases for Gone Girl and will ship it as soon as I can fit it into the schedule.

George at C-Springs
01-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Thanks St. Troy and Dan.

Beverly Marsh
01-17-2017, 01:49 PM
I saw nothing about secrets in the email so I want no trouble from you people! :evil: :biggrin1:
The exclusive collectors club that hasn't happened in 6 years sounds fantastic but I'm on the fence. What were some of the past books involved? The SK story is obviously enticing but as far as limited editions go I really try and stick to SK, Hill, and a couple of others so do I need the other two books? Although they do sound intriguing.
Thoughts folks? I think I'm thinking too much about it and should just do it!

richardsrarebooks
01-17-2017, 02:47 PM
With 20% off and a one time (media mail) postage charge....I went for it.

Roseannebarr
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
I saw nothing about secrets in the email so I want no trouble from you people! :evil: :biggrin1:
The exclusive collectors club that hasn't happened in 6 years sounds fantastic but I'm on the fence. What were some of the past books involved? The SK story is obviously enticing but as far as limited editions go I really try and stick to SK, Hill, and a couple of others so do I need the other two books? Although they do sound intriguing.

Full Disclosure: I bought the set (i forgot to take the 20% off). Not sure if the story was "published" in an anthology before. Was published in the adult magazine. When deciding something like this, i usually do a little homework. If it was previously published in anthology i usually pass, but i had a gift certificate. The other books DO NOT INTEREST me.

This is why i decided to get it:

STEPHEN KING FANS, PLEASE NOTE: One of the books included in this deal contains "Man With a Belly" by Stephen King, one of his rarest stories that has never appeared in any of his collections and hasn't been reprinted since the 1970s!

Let me know what you decide to do!

amd013
01-17-2017, 03:33 PM

Full Disclosure: I bought the set (i forgot to take the 20% off). Not sure if the story was "published" in an anthology before. Was published in the adult magazine. When deciding something like this, i usually do a little homework. If it was previously published in anthology i usually pass, but i had a gift certificate. The other books DO NOT INTEREST me.

This is why i decided to get it:

STEPHEN KING FANS, PLEASE NOTE: One of the books included in this deal contains "Man With a Belly" by Stephen King, one of his rarest stories that has never appeared in any of his collections and hasn't been reprinted since the 1970s!

Let me know what you decide to do!

I too forgot the 20% off, but emailed Mindy and she applied it retroactively.