PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

programmer
10-06-2016, 08:27 AM
For those interested in Lonely Road Books, I just posted a new update here:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/category/news/

Brian
Thanks for posting this Brian! I am wicked mad at myself for missing The Fall(have The Strain and will definitely be getting the third when it's available) so at least now I can get an idea of when to start trolling eBay or, more hopefully, a reputable bookseller. I love this trilogy and the editions are beautiful. They do NOT look like "pavement pizza" :wtf: Lol, I'll never forget the post that chick made.....

Bad moon books still has them for sale.

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=3149&cat=0&page=1

Brian861
10-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Dan or Brian. Will additional The Fireman slipcases be made available?

Well, I was going to wait to re-activate the page until Wednesday, but I figure it's Wednesday somewhere, right?

http://www.cemeterydance.com/The-Fireman-Joe-Hill-Slipcase.html

Brian

Just FYI, Brian. I was able to order these fine via the above link but they aren't appearing on the page for order when you go directly to the site.

Brian James Freeman
10-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Dan or Brian. Will additional The Fireman slipcases be made available?

Well, I was going to wait to re-activate the page until Wednesday, but I figure it's Wednesday somewhere, right?

http://www.cemeterydance.com/The-Fireman-Joe-Hill-Slipcase.html

Brian

Just FYI, Brian. I was able to order these fine via the above link but they aren't appearing on the page for order when you go directly to the site.

Oh yeah, I guess it *would* help if I assigned the product to a category! Thanks!

webstar1000
10-07-2016, 05:59 AM
I had over $500 is GC's that are now gone.... what happened?????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ><:panic::tongue:

Brian James Freeman
10-07-2016, 06:12 AM
I had over $500 is GC's that are now gone.... what happened?????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ><:panic::tongue:

Drop me a line via PM or email with the email address you use when ordering and your Gift Certificate codes, if you have them. In a few cases, the codes weren't re-activated on the new store for some reason. They are there, but the store doesn't "see" them, if you know what I mean. I also still have the old store database here at my fingertips, so it's super easy for me to look up the old codes and correct anything that isn't correct! :)

Brian

webstar1000
10-07-2016, 06:21 AM

Drop me a line via PM or email with the email address you use when ordering and your Gift Certificate codes, if you have them. In a few cases, the codes weren't re-activated on the new store for some reason. They are there, but the store doesn't "see" them, if you know what I mean. I also still have the old store database here at my fingertips, so it's super easy for me to look up the old codes and correct anything that isn't correct! :)

Brian

So I am safe and secure:)

bdwyer19
10-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Hmmm. My account suddenly has over $500 in credit now. Sweet!! :tongue:

webstar1000
10-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Hmmm. My account suddenly has over $500 in credit now. Sweet!! :tongue:

Give it back Brian. We are buddies!!!!!!!!

amd013
10-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Just wanted to publicly thank Brian for fixing my gift card issue.

CD is the best in taking care of its customers.

Thanks,
Mike

zelig
10-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Dangit, I had $4750 credit in GC. Can you put it back for me!?

Brian James Freeman
10-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Dangit, I had $4750 credit in GC. Can you put it back for me!?

I posted a while back about how I've placed the most orders through the store and I'm also the most delinquent account since I never pay... but no worries now, I have $1,000,000 in store credit! :) Well, I did before I started placing test orders two weeks ago. ;)

zelig
10-07-2016, 07:51 AM
If I had that kind of credit I'd probably spent it all on books!

dnemec
10-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Received a huge box yesterday that was supposed to include 2 Fireman slipcases, but was missing 1. A few emails and apologies later, I'll be getting my missing case. Yet another positive experience with CD and Mindy!

And btw, Brian, that is one good looking slipcase!

Brian861
10-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Received a huge box yesterday that was supposed to include 2 Fireman slipcases, but was missing 1. A few emails and apologies later, I'll be getting my missing case. Yet another positive experience with CD and Mindy!

And btw, Brian, that is one good looking slipcase!

Probably was used to fill my order :biggrin:

bdwyer19
10-07-2016, 12:02 PM
When is CD going to have a "New Website Super Sale"????

Beverly Marsh
10-07-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm going to add to the warm fuzzies for Brian and Mindy. They both helped me out with something and I could not be happier!
You guys rock and thank you!

WeDealInLead
10-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Brian, any idea what happened to my order I placed on July 27th? It was Medusa's Web by Tim Powers. Last I heard from Mindy was a month ago today (September 7th). She said "as soon as we get it and work into our shipping schedule, we’ll ship it." Any idea when Subterranean will be sending you these? Thanks.

Randall Flagg
10-07-2016, 03:49 PM
I still can't find/use my $500+ in GC

webstar1000
10-07-2016, 03:50 PM
I still can't find/use my $500+ in GC

Same problem as me. Strange! The website change was a trick to take our beloved gift cards:( Brian... say it ain't so?!??!!????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall Flagg
10-08-2016, 04:40 AM
I suppose I should have used a smiley face on my comment.

TacomaDiver
10-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Is your sig there, Brian?

No, I had planned to sign them the week the book went to the printer, but the printer had a slot open up two weeks sooner than expected and we grabbed it, which meant the sheets shipped out right away on a day I was working from my home office. I figured no one would even notice or ask! So... you proved me wrong there.

Brian

First thing I looked for, LOL. I'll have to send it back to ya some time if you're game for the post-production sig :).

Ha! Yep, send me a PM because I have an idea. Thanks!

I hope it's a good idea because I too would love a signature on my (forthcoming) copy!

Brian James Freeman
10-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Anyone who actually can't use their Gift Certificate, please email or PM me with your name, email address, and the cert code if you have it. Thanks! :)

Brian James Freeman
10-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Brian, any idea what happened to my order I placed on July 27th? It was Medusa's Web by Tim Powers. Last I heard from Mindy was a month ago today (September 7th). She said "as soon as we get it and work into our shipping schedule, we’ll ship it." Any idea when Subterranean will be sending you these? Thanks.

Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we now have these and they'll be shipping soon! Definitely more of a Dan question, though, because he is the King of the Warehouse!

DanHocker
10-10-2016, 06:47 AM

Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we now have these and they'll be shipping soon! Definitely more of a Dan question, though, because he is the King of the Warehouse!

We've had these and some other Sub Press books for a little while, but there hasn't been room in the shipping schedule to get to them. As per usual we are short handed and a lot of important / urgent shipping things are arriving at the same time. That said I've had a small window in the shipping schedule open up due to the printer taking an extra 3 days to actually ship something to us, so these should ship in the first half of this week.

becca69
10-10-2016, 07:19 AM
Dan - Any update on PS 'Salem's Lot?

DanHocker
10-10-2016, 07:36 AM
Dan - Any update on PS 'Salem's Lot?

Here's the tentative shipping schedule as far out as I know it.

4 different Sub Press books (only shipping because the quantity is low and it should ship quickly)
CD 74/75
Six Scary Stories
PS Publishing Salem's Lot

PS Pub's Salem's Lot was supposed to be next, but there just wasn't enough time to get to it before CD 74/75 and Six Scary Stories get here, both of which need to turn around and leave immediately. Among other reasons for them needing to ship immediately, I doubt I have enough space to store both of them at the same time. It's gonna be a hectic end of October, and it doesn't help that the printer was supposed to ship CD 74/75 to us last Wed and are only just shipping it today.

Brian861
10-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Looking forward to 2 of the 4 listed.

bugen
10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
I received 5 shipping notices over the last two weekdays for books I'm really looking forward to. Thank you, Dan!

Beverly Marsh
10-11-2016, 01:37 PM
The Fireman slipcase is HOT(stupid obvious pun intended) It looks really nice!

I didn't see The Washingtonians on the new update page. Any, well, updates? :rolleyes3:

Merlin1958
10-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Is there now a slipcase available for CTCC? If so, I want two!!!! Can they be added to existing orders for the book?

Randall Flagg
10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Is there now a slipcase available for CTCC? If so, I want two!!!! Can they be added to existing orders for the book?
Sorry. The slipcase sold out. I bought all "500" and the rights to purchase the next 1,ooooooooooo chooooooooooooooo0...choo000000000000000!

Merlin1958
10-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Sorry. The slipcase sold out. I bought all "500" and the rights to purchase the next 1,ooooooooooo chooooooooooooooo0...choo000000000000000!

My fucking hero and "El Jefe". No link for the poor and downtrodden? lol lol

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I didn't see The Washingtonians on the new update page. Any, well, updates? :rolleyes3:

I think Rich still needs to finish something up, so our designer can get started, at which point I'll feel better making the official announcement. So I'll nag Rich again tomorrow. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2016, 04:11 PM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/slipcase-for-charlie-the-choo-choo.html

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/X_CASES45large.jpg

But just email Mindy if you'd rather add the slipcase to your current order and wait for both to ship together. :) Thank you!

Brian

Merlin1958
10-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Thank you, Brian!!!

Theli
10-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Very classy looking case!

Beverly Marsh
10-11-2016, 04:43 PM

I think Rich still needs to finish something up, so our designer can get started, at which point I'll feel better making the official announcement. So I'll nag Rich again tomorrow. :)

Brian
Thank you! I love the idea behind this project.

Beverly Marsh
10-11-2016, 04:44 PM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/slipcase-for-charlie-the-choo-choo.html

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/X_CASES45large.jpg

But just email Mindy if you'd rather add the slipcase to your current order and wait for both to ship together. :) Thank you!

Brian

:lovely: It's beautiful. I had no clue this was available! Ordered.

stroppygoblin
10-12-2016, 02:59 AM
That case is just frickin awesome!! :thumbsup: The colour is just a perfect match for the book.

webstar1000
10-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Be cool if the case had "By Stephen King" :)

carlosdetweiller
10-12-2016, 03:19 AM
It is nice. But I'm wondering if I want to spend $25 on a case for a $10 book? To be determined.

stroppygoblin
10-12-2016, 03:50 AM
It is nice. But I'm wondering if I want to spend $25 on a case for a $10 book? To be determined.

I see your point Bob, but to me slipcases like this aren't just to protect the book. For me they greatly enhance the books shelf presence as well as being an extension of the cover art. If I could put all my books in similar quality slipcases I definitely would!

mae
10-12-2016, 04:37 AM
I wonder if there's been any updates as far as The Shining yet? Really looking forward to that book :excited:

St. Troy
10-12-2016, 05:15 AM
I wonder if there's been any updates as far as The Shining yet? Really looking forward to that book :excited:

Last I saw (dated 10/7) was:

This title is rolling at the printer and we expect the dummy book to arrive next week, which means the slipcase and traycase makers can get started on their end of production. We're still hoping to have everything here in December. If you ordered directly from us, watch for another production update email soon!

mae
10-12-2016, 05:26 AM
Cool, thanks for the update. I ordered via PSP since I learned too late about all the incredible news with the prologue and epilogue.

sentinel
10-12-2016, 05:57 AM

I see your point Bob, but to me slipcases like this aren't just to protect the book. For me they greatly enhance the books shelf presence as well as being an extension of the cover art. If I could put all my books in similar quality slipcases I definitely would!

Agree totally! So, how about another series from Jeff? Danse, Tommy, Misery etc...:)

Brian James Freeman
10-12-2016, 06:45 AM

I'm actually writing an update for those who ordered from us that should go out today. If I don't remember to post it here for everyone, someone please feel free to! :)

Brian

Kingfan24
10-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Can we have an update on remarqued salems portfolios?

Brian James Freeman
10-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Can we have an update on remarqued salems portfolios?

Just waiting on the actual portfolios to arrive, the prints themselves are done!

Ari_Racing
10-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Brian, I'm having issues trying to log in to my account. It doesn't recognize the pass. I requested a new one and no email arrived (not in Spam or other folder either).

Brian James Freeman
10-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Brian, I'm having issues trying to log in to my account. It doesn't recognize the pass. I requested a new one and no email arrived (not in Spam or other folder either).

Give it a try now! I assume you're using the email address you usually email me from? You had two accounts in the store for some reason, both under that address, so the system gets confused about how to reset a password when that happens. It's an "old" problem, actually -- the store used to ask people to create usernames, so some customers ended up with MANY accounts over the years with the same email address and different usernames. :)

If it still doesn't work, send me a PM and I'll try something else! :)

Brian

Ari_Racing
10-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Sent you a PM! :)

Merlin1958
10-13-2016, 10:53 AM

I agree with ya, buddy.

Edit: Or perhaps I should say "Mate"? lol

jsweet
10-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Since Brian said it was OK to post, here is the update CD sent out on The Shining:

You’re receiving this email because you ordered our special edition of THE SHINING by Stephen King and we wanted to share a new production update with you.

We have received the dummy book for THE SHINING, and it is now in the hands of our slipcase maker to get the sizing for the slipcase. (A dummy book is a BLANK version of the book that is the exact same size as the final book will be.)

We have also received the “bluelines” from our printer, which is one of the most important pre-production steps we have with them. We look over everything they send us including what is essentially a test printing of the text block (the interior pages of the book!), test printings of all of the color artwork that will need to be printed and tipped into the book, and even a printed out version of the full-color dust jackets. It takes about one full day for our staff to go over these items and make sure they are just right because this is nearly our last chance to catch any problems.

Here are two photos of our production table covered in items from this process:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/updates/TheShiningBlue.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/updates/TheShiningBlue2.jpg

More updates to follow as this book moves through the publishing process. Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

surly
10-13-2016, 12:25 PM
this looks like its going to be a gorgeous production. Can't wait to see it in person.

Theli
10-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Titillating.

mikeC
10-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Is the Lettered cover the Hallway Pic?
I like that much more than the Hedge animals one.
The pics are broken on the updated site for the artwork section of this title.
I like the new site a lot though Brian!

Brian861
10-13-2016, 02:53 PM
A really sweet looking production!

webstar1000
10-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Yes it is

peripheral
10-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Looking forward to this. Is that the Artist Ed cover, with Jack walking down the hall?

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Looking forward to this. Is that the Artist Ed cover, with Jack walking down the hall?

Yeppy

T-Dogz_AK47
10-13-2016, 09:17 PM

Yes it is

Lettered editions within the Doubleday Years series, do not come with dust jackets. The hallway pic is the cover for for the Artist edition.

webstar1000
10-14-2016, 04:16 AM

Yes it is

Lettered editions within the Doubleday Years series, do not come with dust jackets. The hallway pic is the cover for for the Artist edition.

Right. my bad... meant artist. Gift is different...

mikeC
10-14-2016, 05:50 AM

Yes it is

Thanks.

Brian James Freeman
10-14-2016, 07:36 AM

Oops! I should have deleted that tab because all of the images are moving into the new "image gallery" function that each product page has (and which will be changing a little in the next update to make it easier to use). Should be fixed now!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/the-shining-the-deluxe-special-edition.html

Brian

peripheral
10-14-2016, 01:47 PM
So, a few months back I mentioned on here that I had received the wrong number for my CD Salem's Lot - Artist Edition. I was devastated-ish. After a somewhat scenic route across three(!) continents, Mindy has again worked her magic and I now have the correct number (633!) here in my Aussie home. Thanks again Mindy and CD, for your commitment in sorting this issue out, it is appreciated. I celebrated by perusing it carefully, with a spiced rum on ice and some mid-70's music from the 2016 Nobel Laureate for Literature. Perfect.

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-14-2016, 02:23 PM
So, a few months back I mentioned on here that I had received the wrong number for my CD Salem's Lot - Artist Edition. I was devastated-ish. After a somewhat scenic route across three(!) continents, Mindy has again worked her magic and I now have the correct number (633!) here in my Aussie home. Thanks again Mindy and CD, for your commitment in sorting this issue out, it is appreciated. I celebrated by perusing it carefully, with a spiced rum on ice and some mid-70's music from the 2016 Nobel Laureate for Literature. Perfect.

Ah Yes The" Doubleday Dylan".

Brian861
10-14-2016, 06:14 PM

Congrats, Peri! Glad Barlow found his way home :evil:

CyberGhostface
10-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Do you know if the Joe Hill double-sized issue will fit in the CD slipcase and if so much standard issues would fit with it?

Brian James Freeman
10-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Do you know if the Joe Hill double-sized issue will fit in the CD slipcase and if so much standard issues would fit with it?

Excellent question! None of us have tried to test this yet, but perhaps Dan will see this message on Monday and give it a shot!

herbertwest
10-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Production update photo of the special edition version of The Shining, from Cemetery Dance
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking/comments/57e78w/production_update_photo_of_the_special_edition/

https://i.redditmedia.com/p-y4n5yiMqJVOvHfvym2O-liP0B4v_KHyOeO5yxCNVA.jpg

https://i.redditmedia.com/p-y4n5yiMqJVOvHfvym2O-liP0B4v_KHyOeO5yxCNVA.jpg?w=1000&

DanHocker
10-17-2016, 06:26 AM

Looks like it should fit. That said I can only test it against the most recent run of the Magazine slipcase, as I don't have any of the older versions to test against.

Jimimck
10-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi team. Can anyone please let me know if the CD edition of Exorcist/Legion (specifically the numbered edition) was issued with a slipcase? I've always thought no, and the CD site doesn't mentioned it being issued with one, but I'm hearing it came with a red slipcase?

TIA

Brian James Freeman
10-18-2016, 05:25 AM
Hi team. Can anyone please let me know if the CD edition of Exorcist/Legion (specifically the numbered edition) was issued with a slipcase? I've always thought no, and the CD site doesn't mentioned it being issued with one, but I'm hearing it came with a red slipcase?

TIA

It was NOT issued with a slipcase but if I recall correctly there was at least one (maybe two?) leftover slipcases from other, older projects that happened to be the correct size to fit that title.

Brian

DanHocker
10-18-2016, 07:03 AM

TIA

It was NOT issued with a slipcase but if I recall correctly there was at least one (maybe two?) leftover slipcases from other, older projects that happened to be the correct size to fit that title.

Brian

Yep. I believe the cases where leftover from SK Non-Fiction.

Jimimck
10-18-2016, 08:09 AM
Thanks Brian and Dan.

Brian861
10-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks to Brian for graciously inscribing my copy of Better Weird and also including the proof of the forthcoming Darkness Whispers. Now, to try and talk him out of more things of this nature :).

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Better_Weird_Inscribed.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Darkness_Whispers_Proof.JPG

Roseannebarr
10-18-2016, 10:49 AM
Thanks to Brian for graciously inscribing my copy of Better Weird and also including the proof of the forthcoming Darkness Whispers. Now, to try and talk him out of more things of this nature :).

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Better_Weird_Inscribed.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Darkness_Whispers_Proof.JPG

I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!! Unlike Smith and Connelly. I do not waste my $$ or time on those authors. (even though i love their books).

Speaking of signatures --- Did Tabitha King return signature pages for small world? looking forward to that book!

Brian861
10-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Looking forward to that one as well, Glen.

T-Dogz_AK47
10-18-2016, 12:08 PM
I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!! Unlike Smith and Connelly. I do not waste my $$ or time on those authors. (even though i love their books).

That's a very shallow perspective. Since when was it a prerequisite for authors to be masters in calligraphy for their signed books to be collectible?

If you love their work, you should love having a book that they have signed in your collection, regardless of what artistic merit that signature might have.

Brian James Freeman
10-18-2016, 12:26 PM
I love the signature. Its a signature you can read!!

Ha, I'm glad someone does! I hate my signature... I wish I had a beautiful signature like some of our authors where their signature looks like an artist's handiwork! :)

Roseannebarr

That's a very shallow perspective. Since when was it a prerequisite for authors to be masters in calligraphy for their signed books to be collectible?

If you love their work, you should love having a book that they have signed in your collection, regardless of what artistic merit that signature might have.

This is strictly my collecting opinion. It appears that Connelly and Smith took no time in signing a book. SK himself stated that he would not continue signing books when his signature becomes illegible. And i take no offense to being called SHALLOW. I have been called worse. I never said they have to be masters in calligraphy, I just want to be able to read the name of whomever signed my book. SE Hinton took the time to sign her name and write a brief comment, same way with King on some of my books.

Just my opinion, but i really would like to be able to read the signature. It is my collection and my rules. AND I love their books, I collect their books, just not signed copies as i do with King. If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.

Brian James Freeman
Speaking of signatures --- Did Tabitha King return signature pages for small world? looking forward to that book!

Good news on the SMALL WORLD front... the books will be DONE at the printer in mid-November! :)

Roseannebarr
10-18-2016, 12:30 PM

Ha, I'm glad someone does! I hate my signature... I wish I had a beautiful signature like some of our authors where their signature looks like an artist's handiwork! :)

Your sig is way better than some. I collect BJF signed books!

Roseannebarr
10-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Good news on the SMALL WORLD front... the books will be DONE at the printer in mid-November! :)

Awesome NEWS!

Br!an
10-18-2016, 01:38 PM
If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.

:D

Brian861
10-18-2016, 03:08 PM

I can see both points of views on the subject. But, when it's personally inscribed to you, it's more about the author taking the time to do it. Especially when it's not at a signing event or prearranged.

Your sig is way better than some. I collect BJF signed books!

Ditto!

That is awesome news!

T-Dogz_AK47
10-18-2016, 09:50 PM

This is strictly my collecting opinion. It appears that Connelly and Smith took no time in signing a book. SK himself stated that he would not continue signing books when his signature becomes illegible. And i take no offense to being called SHALLOW. I have been called worse. I never said they have to be masters in calligraphy, I just want to be able to read the name of whomever signed my book. SE Hinton took the time to sign her name and write a brief comment, same way with King on some of my books.

Just my opinion, but i really would like to be able to read the signature. It is my collection and my rules. AND I love their books, I collect their books, just not signed copies as i do with King. If i wasnt so old, i would upload some very bad signatures. But alas, i cant master the art of posting photos no matter how hard Br!an tries to teach us.

The images below are surviving examples of William Shakespeare's signature. Awful penmanship, but each one has a current value of 5 million US dollars. It is estimated that if any of these signatures were affixed to a play written in his own hand, they would be worth ten times as much.

http://most-expensive.com/autograph (http://most-expensive.com/autograph)

The collectible value of any signature, is certainly not in the aesthetics, but rather the significance of the signature itself.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/5afd4e19-b8af-45d3-ae99-9446c90e4acb_zpsuywlgg1b.png

stroppygoblin
10-19-2016, 01:38 AM
some of those look like he used a Sharpie Quill©.

I for one always avoid Bill's Sharpie signatures.

biomieg
10-19-2016, 01:53 AM
Robert McCammon always seems to use sharpies... not a big fan....

webstar1000
10-19-2016, 03:54 AM

The images below are surviving examples of William Shakespeare's signature. Awful penmanship, but each one has a current value of 5 million US dollars. It is estimated that if any of these signatures were affixed to a play written in his own hand, they would be worth ten times as much.

http://most-expensive.com/autograph (http://most-expensive.com/autograph)

The collectible value of any signature, is certainly not in the aesthetics, but rather the significance of the signature itself.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/5afd4e19-b8af-45d3-ae99-9446c90e4acb_zpsuywlgg1b.png

VERY interesting Tim. Thanks for the post man!

jsmcmullen92
10-19-2016, 04:24 AM

I really wish I could give you rep for that. made me spit my coffee out.

Cwalker
10-19-2016, 04:32 AM

I really wish I could give you rep for that. made me spit my coffee out.

Positive rep sent to him on both of our behalfs!!!! :)

Dan
10-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Can someone remind me what grab bag or collectors club was Better Weird a part of?

T-Dogz_AK47
10-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Can someone remind me what grab bag or collectors club was Better Weird a part of?

It was part of CDCC 6. :smile:

DanHocker
10-20-2016, 11:58 AM

It was part of CDCC 6. :smile:

You are correct. If you got it as part of CDCC 6 it should have also come with a magnet.

Dan
10-20-2016, 12:13 PM
I also got the magnet, just couldn't remember which of the many clubs this came from :)

Thanks, T-Dogz and Dan

Theli
10-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Robert McCammon always seems to use sharpies... not a big fan....

I actually really like McCammon's signature, very stylistic and legible. Also dig Rick Hautala's sig.

That said I do agree with Tim, it's not so much how the sig. looks, but who is signing, for me.

Brian861
10-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Brian (BJF), do you receive me PM?

dnemec
10-25-2016, 05:24 AM
Received the new CD Magazine double issue yesterday, and it is beautiful. I just love the artwork on the cover!

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2016, 05:46 AM
Received the new CD Magazine double issue yesterday, and it is beautiful. I just love the artwork on the cover!

Thank you!

Cwalker
10-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Thank you!

Is there an ETA on the hard cover limited? Really looking forward to it.

Brian861
10-25-2016, 12:01 PM

Received mine today and agree, very nicely done. Mine is up for grabs if anyone wants it as I have the HC on order and received this one as part of my subscription.

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2016, 12:39 PM

Thank you!

I believe they are shipping this week!

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2016, 07:06 AM
While the rest of the trade paperback preorders for Cemetery Dance #74/75 are shipping out the door, Dan let us know we're probably sold out of the trade paperback and only have less than 50 copies of the hardcover left!

We're now taking preorders for a second-printing of the trade paperback for those who might have missed out:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/cemetery-dance-7475-the-joe-hill-special-double-issue.html

Brian

DanHocker
10-26-2016, 11:23 AM

Thank you!

And what Brian meant by this week, is late next week.

Beverly Marsh
10-26-2016, 11:28 AM

Thank you!

:smile_002:

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2016, 12:21 PM

Thank you!

Well, it's five o'clock somewhere, right? :)

Cwalker
10-26-2016, 03:21 PM

Thank you!

I think i like Brian's original "This Week" much better than your late-to-the-party "Next Week" Dan, but until the art of manipulating time and space comes to fruision, I will accept this simple reality. Dosen't mean I like it, but I will accept it. :) :) :)

divemaster
10-27-2016, 04:44 AM

I tell myself that quite often, when mixing more bourbon in my Diet Coke somewhat early in the day.

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2016, 06:58 AM
Today, we're announcing SHINING IN THE DARK, Lilja's brand new anthology that includes Stephen King's very rare and uncollected story "The Blue Air Compressor” along with some other amazing stories including a new novella by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One In). Read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/shining-in-the-dark.html

For those who are interested in the creation of cover artwork, be sure to check this out awesome post on Vincent Chong's website:

https://vincentchongart.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/shining-in-the-dark/

Brian

Theli
11-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Very interesting. Sounds like a nifty anthology.

Brian861
11-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Today, we're announcing SHINING IN THE DARK, Lilja's brand new anthology that includes Stephen King's very rare and uncollected story "The Blue Air Compressor” along with some other amazing stories including a new novella by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let the Right One In). Read more here:

For those who are interested in the creation of cover artwork, be sure to check this out awesome post on Vincent Chong's website:

Brian

Is that an original story by you, Brian for the anthology?

Roseannebarr
11-01-2016, 12:55 PM

Brian

Ordered. Thank You! Glen

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Yep, that's a new one!

Brian

Brian861
11-01-2016, 01:03 PM

Yep, that's a new one!

Brian

Sweet!

jsteltor
11-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Any word on when the PS Publishing edition of 'Salem's Lot will ship?

Thanks

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Any word on when the PS Publishing edition of 'Salem's Lot will ship?

Thanks

I saw Dan sorting big beautiful piles of 'Salem's Lot today, so I bet they're shipping soon. We have a lot of orders, though, so it might take a little while for every order to go out the door. He'll be able to give you a better idea of the timeframe.

Brian

jsteltor
11-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to that edition. All of them actually. Just haven't had a delivery in a while, getting antsy.

DanHocker
11-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to that edition. All of them actually. Just haven't had a delivery in a while, getting antsy.

Next week hopefully.

burial
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Was there a CD slipcase for "Hearts in Suspension"?

Brian James Freeman
11-07-2016, 01:18 PM

There will be, but it hasn't been offered yet!

stroppygoblin
11-08-2016, 02:38 AM
HI Brian, as a big collector of CD slipcases, and what seems to be a trend for more and more being created, I wonder if it could be possible to "Order and hold" for a period of time? The shipping costs outside of the US are becoming prohibitive (not CD's fault I know) and shipping 2 or 3 of these cases together would reduce the overall cost considerably. In the past when I have asked, I have been told that separate orders cannot be combined and everything gets shipped individually unless they are all ordered together. Because of the limited nature of these cases, it's not possible to wait until they are al in stock and then place the order, the risk of missing out is too great.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

peripheral
11-08-2016, 02:43 AM
:thumbsup: Great idea Simon - as another OS customer, I second it. In fact, I wonder if this idea could even be extended beyond slipcases to any order, generally (e.g., say, a holding period of 6 months maximum, during which we can add other items as they become available?)

burial
11-08-2016, 05:58 AM
HI Brian, as a big collector of CD slipcases, and what seems to be a trend for more and more being created, I wonder if it could be possible to "Order and hold" for a period of time? The shipping costs outside of the US are becoming prohibitive (not CD's fault I know) and shipping 2 or 3 of these cases together would reduce the overall cost considerably. In the past when I have asked, I have been told that separate orders cannot be combined and everything gets shipped individually unless they are all ordered together. Because of the limited nature of these cases, it's not possible to wait until they are al in stock and then place the order, the risk of missing out is too great.

yeah! great idea... now I pay fore the slipcase and same for shipping :(

Beverly Marsh
11-08-2016, 06:26 AM

Yay! After last night at UMaine I'm gonna need one :)

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-08-2016, 06:39 AM

Du Du Duuuu :thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
11-08-2016, 06:46 AM

This is a topic I look at every month because the postage costs are just insane.

Our order management system doesn't allow us to combine orders, but that is something I ask for every time the software company asks for feedback. It would give us a mechanism by which we could easily handle the logistical side of combining preorders to "hold" until all the items were in-stock.

It would be simple enough to handle this sort of thing manually for "one" person, but the moment you had several people asking, it would become a mess and my fear would always be that someone still ends up not getting their book or item because we don't have a way to physically "hold" product.

But it is something I think about often, and it's a situation/problem I ask other people with web stores about when the opportunity arises. I definitely want to find a way to make it easier for our overseas customers to order what they want without the Post Office doubling the cost every time!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
11-08-2016, 06:49 AM

:belial: Lol, thank you Chad! I've had a string of good luck lately so I hope I'm not dying or something....
I love the production of CD's slipcases.

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-08-2016, 06:52 AM

:belial: Lol, thank you Chad! I've had a string of good luck lately so I hope I'm not dying or something....
I love the production of CD's slipcases.

Haha yeah id say youve been on a roll! Thats awesome. The cases sure look nice, especially with signed books inside

DanHocker
11-08-2016, 09:47 AM

This is a topic I look at every month because the postage costs are just insane.

Our order management system doesn't allow us to combine orders, but that is something I ask for every time the software company asks for feedback. It would give us a mechanism by which we could easily handle the logistical side of combining preorders to "hold" until all the items were in-stock.

It would be simple enough to handle this sort of thing manually for "one" person, but the moment you had several people asking, it would become a mess and my fear would always be that someone still ends up not getting their book or item because we don't have a way to physically "hold" product.

But it is something I think about often, and it's a situation/problem I ask other people with web stores about when the opportunity arises. I definitely want to find a way to make it easier for our overseas customers to order what they want without the Post Office doubling the cost every time!

Brian

To add to this, holding items is also a inventory management nightmare. Especially if the items need held for a significant amount of time, or say for example it's for something that is sold out.

stroppygoblin
11-08-2016, 04:48 PM

Brian

Thanks for responding Brian, its good you are looking for options for us collectors on the other side of the pond!

I'd also like to thank the US members that sent me PM's, offering to store and forward the cases to me! :couple:

Ari_Racing
11-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Brian, quick question: which is the estimated shipping date for Charlie the Choo Choo's Slipcases?

THANKS!

Brian James Freeman
11-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Brian, quick question: which is the estimated shipping date for Charlie the Choo Choo's Slipcases?

THANKS!

Probably about 14 weeks after we have the finished books from S&S. (Normally, I would say 12, but our slipcase maker closes for the last two weeks of the year.)

Ari_Racing
11-10-2016, 06:42 AM
THANK YOU!

Kingfan24
11-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Will we see the salems portfolios before the new year?

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Will we see the salems portfolios before the new year?

Looks likely. Everything for them will be here around the first week of December, so then it'll just be a matter of making time in the warehouse!

amd013
11-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Hi Brian,

Any updates on the `Salems Lot Lettered? What about the Hodges Trilogy?

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Any updates on the `Salems Lot Lettered?

The cases should be shipping to us next week, so then it'll just be a matter of finding time in the warehouse schedule to ship!

What about the Hodges Trilogy?

If anyone is still waiting on that set from us, please send me a PM or an email so I can look into your order for you and find out where it is. Full name and email address will expedite the search. :)

Brian

ICry4Oy
11-10-2016, 09:26 PM
If anyone is still waiting on that set from us, please send me a PM or an email so I can look into your order for you and find out where it is. Full name and email address will expedite the search. :)

Brian

PM sent!

becca69
11-11-2016, 05:41 AM
I know you guys are super busy but has PS 'Salem's been given a shipping date and is the lettered Gone Girl going to happen before the end of the year?

brionen
11-11-2016, 07:18 AM

Brian

I'm in the same boat - I just emailed you. Thanks for helping us out.

Ricky
11-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Have all the Joe Hill double issue orders shipped? I pre-ordered a while back but haven't received mine yet.

DanHocker
11-11-2016, 08:20 AM
I know you guys are super busy but has PS 'Salem's been given a shipping date and is the lettered Gone Girl going to happen before the end of the year?

Working on Salem's Lot now. I think they are all out of the boxes now, should start shipping on Monday. It's going to take awhile though, there's a lot of them and matching numbers.

DanHocker
11-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Have all the Joe Hill double issue orders shipped? I pre-ordered a while back but haven't received mine yet.

I think all the the preorders have shipped. I know I still have a couple sitting here, but I don't think they are preorders. I'm pretty sure they've come in since we've shipped them. If you're referring to the signed limited, I only just finished shipping those yesterday.

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 08:29 AM
is the lettered Gone Girl going to happen before the end of the year?

That is the case our traycase maker is working on right now, so we might HAVE the cases by the end of the year, but the products won't ship by 12/31... just not enough days left.

Sorry for the wait on this one, but I think it'll be worth it! Thank you!

Brian

Ricky
11-11-2016, 09:49 AM

I think all the the preorders have shipped. I know I still have a couple sitting here, but I don't think they are preorders. I'm pretty sure they've come in since we've shipped them. If you're referring to the signed limited, I only just finished shipping those yesterday.

No, not the signed limited, just the plain trade paperback. I ordered on July 5th. I can send the order number to you, if needed.

DanHocker
11-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Sure I can look. Was it a subscription?

richardsrarebooks
11-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Love the CDCC! 50% off this weekend. Picked up a 'Salem's Lot PC Artist Edition with remarque by Glenn Chadbourne for $200!

darkseer
11-11-2016, 03:31 PM
I stopped getting emails for my CDCC. Help :(

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I stopped getting emails for my CDCC. Help :(

Are you a Hotmail address?

darkseer
11-11-2016, 05:48 PM
I have msn outlook

Roseannebarr
11-11-2016, 06:01 PM

The cases should be shipping to us next week, so then it'll just be a matter of finding time in the warehouse schedule to ship!

Brian

Still waiting on mine. Did our old orders transfer to new system yet

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 06:07 PM
I have msn outlook

Yeah, Hotmail and MSN are blocking our emails at the moment, so our website host is working on that. Nothing seems to be getting through.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Brian

Still waiting on mine. Did our old orders transfer to new system yet

The old orders have not been pulled into the new webstore yet, but those are unrelated to order management system we use for processing orders at the office.

The old orders are supposed to be transferred next week. The store will be down for 3 to 4 hours while the tech people do their thing.

Brian

ke7285
11-11-2016, 06:15 PM
I have msn outlook

Yeah, Hotmail and MSN are blocking our emails at the moment, so our website host is working on that. Nothing seems to be getting through.

Brian

I also didn't get e-mail CDCC offer, using hotmail. Must not be working for this site also, I stil don't get email when a private message is sent.

Randall Flagg
11-11-2016, 06:24 PM
I have msn outlook

I also didn't get e-mail CDCC offer, using hotmail. Must not be working for this site also, I stil don't get email when a private message is sent.
Brian

Settings
General Settings
Select-Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

darkseer
11-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Really hate to miss out on the 50% off for CDCC members look forward to this every year. No email :cry:

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Really hate to miss out on the 50% off for CDCC members look forward to this every year. No email :cry:

Well, this isn't THAT deal, but it's still a good one. Any member who didn't get the email, just send me a PM and I'll message you the details. Let's see Hotmail and MSN stop that, ha!

Tommy
11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Forgive me if it's been asked already but are the replacement dust jackets listed on the new site now?

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Forgive me if it's been asked already but are the replacement dust jackets listed on the new site now?

They are no longer listed on the site because it was getting too cumbersome to track and update them, but if there's something you need, just fire an email my way and I'll help you out!

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Our host says it'll take Hotmail and MSN about 48 hours to "fix" the block they put on our emails. Apparently, a lot of people who signed up for the newsletter years ago simply hadn't been getting the newsletters lately -- and then when we switched to the new server with the new (blah blah technical something I didn't catch blah blah my head hurts), those people were suddenly seeing a newsletter they didn't remember signing up for... so they marked it as SPAM.

Brian

darkseer
11-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Thanks For the help Brian :)

tippy4
11-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Will CD be producing a slipcase for Hearts in Suspension?

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-13-2016, 11:39 AM

I believe they replied in the affirmative to that

Brian James Freeman
11-13-2016, 05:20 PM

Yep, I'm hoping to list it for sale later this week. Just trying to decide what style/design to go with to fit the aesthetics of the book, and we're almost there.

Brian

AstroDad
11-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Yep, I'm hoping to list it for sale later this week. Just trying to decide what style/design to go with to fit the aesthetics of the book, and we're almost there.

Brian

worn denim with a peace symbol and vague wafts of smoke from a little blunt down in the corner.

tippy4
11-13-2016, 07:48 PM

Brian

I would like something that matches the boards (not the DJ).

Maybe no stamping either.

I think with this title...less is more.

Brian James Freeman
11-14-2016, 09:32 AM
I think with this title...less is more.

Yeah, that's where I'm headed on this one, I think. I hope everyone digs what I come up with.

Brian

Ari_Racing
11-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Hey Brian! Just sent you an urgent email. Let me know! :)

richardsrarebooks
11-14-2016, 03:37 PM
Mindy emailed me today saying they "oversold" on the item I ordered ('Salem's Lot with Glenn Chadbourne remarque @ half price) and would be refunding my money. Feel pretty bad about it but sometimes.... s_ _ _ happens.

webstar1000
11-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Mindy emailed me today saying they "oversold" on the item I ordered ('Salem's Lot with Glenn Chadbourne remarque @ half price) and would be refunding my money. Feel pretty bad about it but sometimes.... s_ _ _ happens.

Richard, pretty sure David at Bett's has one or two left for a little less AND with Palumbo remarques. I would check with him:)

AstroDad
11-14-2016, 04:50 PM

Richard, pretty sure David at Bett's has one or two left for a little less AND with Palumbo remarques. I would check with him:)

Not less than the deal he missed out on, but great prices nonetheless.

webstar1000
11-14-2016, 04:59 PM

That is not true. They are Remarqued numbered and 275. Less than the 399 that CD was asking. He still has some... on the site up.

AstroDad
11-14-2016, 05:06 PM

That is not true. They are Remarqued numbered and 275. Less than the 399 that CD was asking. He still has some... on the site up.

Actually, it is true. What Richard was referring to was getting 50% off the CD price or $200 for the Artist Edition. David's price is a great one though and does have the Palumbo remarque, which is harder to get.

webstar1000
11-14-2016, 05:07 PM

Actually, it is true. What Richard was referring to was getting 50% off the CD price or $200 for the Artist Edition. David's price is a great one though and does have the Palumbo remarque, which is harder to get.

I did not see a 50% off coupon. Even still... for $75 bucks.. to get a Palumbo and an actual number... well it's a better deal I would dare say.

richardsrarebooks
11-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. CD is offering the 50% off sale thru tomorrow at 11:59pm for CDCC members. At this point there is nothing that I am interested in but it is still a great sale. It covers all their items except Gift Certificates.

Beverly Marsh
11-16-2016, 05:16 AM

Brian

worn denim with a peace symbol and vague wafts of smoke from a little blunt down in the corner.
:smile_002:

Beverly Marsh
11-16-2016, 05:17 AM
Kudos on the Joe Hill hardcover and the issue as a whole! Got mine on Monday and it's fabulous. Absolutely love the cover art!

Cwalker
11-16-2016, 06:04 AM
Kudos on the Joe Hill hardcover and the issue as a whole! Got mine on Monday and it's fabulous. Absolutely love the cover art!

Was supposed to get mine yesterday, but USPS had other ideas and sidetracked it to Holyoke MA for 10 hours instead. It left Springfield MA at 7 am today, so it looks like tomorrow at my po box.

I am sure it is karmic payback for something.....

Anubis2347
11-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Does Cemetery Dance have slipcases for sale to fit the two current Justin Cronin books?

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Does Cemetery Dance have slipcases for sale to fit the two current Justin Cronin books?

Definitely a question for Dan! :) We'll see what he says.

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Here's a sneak peek at what I came up with for the HEARTS IN SUSPENSION slipcase, which we'll begin offering this week. It's different from what we usually do, but I hope folks dig it as much as I do:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/X_CASES046_1000x1078.jpg

Brian

AstroDad
11-16-2016, 08:20 PM

Unless something has changed, that was a no when I asked previously...for the exact same books lol

AstroDad
11-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Here's a sneak peek at what I came up with for the HEARTS IN SUSPENSION slipcase, which we'll begin offering this week. It's different from what we usually do, but I hope folks dig it as much as I do:

Brian

you forgot the blunt!! :cool:

lol...I nailed the peace sign though!

MLG
11-16-2016, 09:15 PM

Brian

Very nice!

Roseannebarr
11-16-2016, 09:39 PM

Brian

Perfect! I am ordering 6.

DanHocker
11-17-2016, 08:15 AM

I couldn't say on City of Mirrors yet, but I don't think we have anything that The Twelve or The Passage will fit in.

ICry4Oy
11-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Brian

Groovy!

Randall Flagg
11-17-2016, 09:37 AM
I love the slipcase design for HIS.

herbertwest
11-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Sorry, but I prefer the Overlook Connection version !

allasorte
11-17-2016, 12:49 PM
Question: Whom do I talk to about seeing if CD has a dust jacket for the S/L of The Shining? Thanks!

DanHocker
11-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Question: Whom do I talk to about seeing if CD has a dust jacket for the S/L of The Shining? Thanks!

Th Shining isn't out yet, so the answer to that is no. Once the book is out we should have extra djs.

allasorte
11-17-2016, 01:09 PM

Th Shining isn't out yet, so the answer to that is no. Once the book is out we should have extra djs.

I just figured it out. Sorry Dan. I was thinking of the other edition. Tired and sorry for the mix up on my end.

becca69
11-21-2016, 06:52 AM
Question on PS Night Shift - will we be able to pick the cover variant and match numbers when it's available for sale?

DanHocker
11-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Question on PS Night Shift - will we be able to pick the cover variant and match numbers when it's available for sale?

I think so. I feel like we did something like that with Skeleton Crew.

becca69
11-21-2016, 08:04 AM

I don't believe that book has been officially announced yet.

No, but they released photos of 2 variants.

DanHocker
11-21-2016, 08:20 AM

I don't believe that book has been officially announced yet.

No, but they released photos of 2 variants.

Ignore that post that was supposed to be in reply to Ari.

DanHocker
11-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Hello Brian.

I can't find the special edition of In Sunlight or in Shadow in CD's website.

I don't think we've officially announced that one yet.

herbertwest
11-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Does anyone knows the weight of the CARRIE Gift Edition by CD with slipcase?
Trying to estimate shipping within France for sending one

Thanks.

allasorte
11-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Thanks.

My digital scale says 2.45 pounds. I'm in the US. So adding a box and wrap and such for mailing I would round it to 4 pounds with all that.

DanHocker
11-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Thanks.

2.5lbs plus the weight of the packing material. We typically count it out as 4lbs with the packing material, because all the shipping companies round the decimals up.

allasorte
11-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Just got an email from CD. PS Salem's Lot is coming. :huglove::panic:

allasorte
11-21-2016, 02:26 PM

Thanks.

2.5lbs plus the weight of the packing material. We typically count it out as 4lbs with the packing material, because all the shipping companies round the decimals up.

Geez I beat you by seconds lol

herbertwest
11-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks a lot !
And in the meantime, I noticed that the amazon product page do mentions that 1.8kg, so I consider 2kg. thanks again !

Merlin1958
11-21-2016, 02:35 PM
What is the "Charlie the Choo Choo" books' status at present? I purchased one for my grandson for Christmas and I am curious if it will make it in time.

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2016, 07:35 PM
What is the "Charlie the Choo Choo" books' status at present? I purchased one for my grandson for Christmas and I am curious if it will make it in time.

Pallets of that book should be arriving just after we re-open for Thanksgiving! Anyone with an "urgent" order can email or PM me with their name and order number, and I can make sure you're sent first!

Brian

CyberGhostface
11-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Will the Lilja book be available in trade or e-book form?

mae
11-22-2016, 05:24 AM

Poor guy. Someone call Child Services! :panic:

Ari_Racing
11-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Bill, my copies were shipped yesterday so you'll get it very soon.

Brian James Freeman
11-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Will the Lilja book be available in trade or e-book form?

I think an eBook is possible down the road, but I'll need to double-check that Lilja has the rights to include all of the stories in an eBook.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM

Brian

Fabulous! :excited:

Beverly Marsh
11-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Brian, for folks that ordered the slipcase and the book will you ship them together or separately?
Thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Brian James Freeman
11-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Brian, for folks that ordered the slipcase and the book will you ship them together or separately?
Thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

They are shipping separately to get the books to folks sooner!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
11-23-2016, 10:12 AM
Thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

They are shipping separately to get the books to folks sooner!

Brian
Thank you!

Merlin1958
11-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Email sent, Brian!!! Thank you for all the exceptional customer service you and the staff at CD provide us day in and day out. To all of you at Cemetery Dance.........................

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Roseannebarr
11-24-2016, 10:12 PM
Brian,

did the signed Turned down the lights ship in September? I never received my copy. Your production page states:

Turn Down the Lights edited by Richard Chizmar:

We've received the final piece of artwork for the signed editions and the signature sheets are on the way back to us! (As we mentioned in previous updates, the original signature sheets went missing in California, so we had to start the process over, which cost us nearly two years of production time!) We're preparing everything for the printer, and should be sending this one with the September batch of books. Thank you for your patience!

Did I get stuck in another freeze zone queue?

Thank You! Glen

richardsrarebooks
11-25-2016, 04:43 PM
If it shipped in September, I didn't get my two copies either.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Brian,

did the signed Turned down the lights ship in September? I never received my copy. Your production page states:

Turn Down the Lights edited by Richard Chizmar:

We've received the final piece of artwork for the signed editions and the signature sheets are on the way back to us! (As we mentioned in previous updates, the original signature sheets went missing in California, so we had to start the process over, which cost us nearly two years of production time!) We're preparing everything for the printer, and should be sending this one with the September batch of books. Thank you for your patience!

Did I get stuck in another freeze zone queue?

Thank You! Glen

Hi Glen,

That info is a little out of date, and is clearly unclear. I meant "September batch of books to the printer." Sorry for the confusion. Everything is ready for the printer, but the last minute addition of SIX SCARY STORIES to our line-up bumped this one to early 2017. I'll get the Production Updates page updated. thanks, and sorry for the confusion!

Brian

jsteltor
11-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Brian, just wondering if there is an update regarding the 2016 Unique Collector's Extravaganza! I don't remember what the original email said about delivery. Is it going to be in the new year?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Brian James Freeman
11-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Brian, just wondering if there is an update regarding the 2016 Unique Collector's Extravaganza! I don't remember what the original email said about delivery. Is it going to be in the new year?

Thanks,
Jonathan

I have to find out where this is on Dan's list. I know we found everything we needed in storage, but he has a boatload of new books to ship right now. I will ask him!

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Brian, did you get my email?

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2016, 09:24 AM

I thought I had an email from you but I don't see it now! Could you please re-send?

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 09:33 AM

I thought I had an email from you but I don't see it now! Could you please re-send?

Done

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2016, 09:36 AM

Done

Got it, remembered it, and replied! :)

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 09:40 AM

Done

Thanks, but there is still one more question remaining. :)

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2016, 09:58 AM

Done

And replied again, ha!

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 10:15 AM

Done

And replied again, ha!

You da man!!! Thank you!!!

Randall Flagg
11-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Damn Bill, get a room.

Randall Flagg
11-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Have the Bazaar of Bad Dreams slipcases shipped? Seems like I didn't order one, but I have a spare Mr. Mercedes.

jsmcmullen92
11-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Have the Bazaar of Bad Dreams slipcases shipped? Seems like I didn't order one, but I have a spare Mr. Mercedes.

Yes they shipped a few months ago. I have mine packed away.

Merlin1958
11-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Damn Bill, get a room.

Only with you.y pretty!!!! LOL LOL

You grumpy ass Elf on the shelf!!! LOL LOL

DanHocker
11-30-2016, 08:46 AM

Shipped and still available.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/the-bazaar-of-bad-dreams-slipcase.html

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Shipped and still available.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/the-bazaar-of-bad-dreams-slipcase.html

I was really pleased with how that one turned out...

Brian

Brian861
11-30-2016, 09:03 AM
It is a nice one.

Randall Flagg
11-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the link. I ordered one.

Separate question: When I go to view my order history, it begins with the oldest first (2011), and to get to the most recent, I have to tab through several pages.
Is there a way to change the view to most recent first?

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Separate question: When I go to view my order history, it begins with the oldest first (2011), and to get to the most recent, I have to tab through several pages.

I think I already asked the software guys to tweak that, but I will ask again because it obviously hasn't happened!

Br!an
11-30-2016, 09:48 AM

I think I already asked the software guys to tweak that, but I will ask again because it obviously hasn't happened!

It would also be nice if we could see more orders per page and be able to select the page we want.

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 10:19 AM

It would also be nice if we could see more orders per page and be able to select the page we want.

Adding to the ticket now!

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Updates from our software company:

1) Updated the Order History link on the My Account page to contain the necessary information to display the most recent order
2) Increased the Order History orders from 10 orders per page to 20 orders per page.
3) I'll look into it and see if we can add pagination to that page.

Brian

jsmcmullen92
11-30-2016, 12:27 PM

1) Updated the Order History link on the My Account page to contain the necessary information to display the most recent order
2) Increased the Order History orders from 10 orders per page to 20 orders per page.

Brian

Being in Software Development it's so fun watching this happen to other people besides me :) I am just picturing all the times I have groaned in my chair because I get the super small request while I am working on the huge project.

Brian861
11-30-2016, 12:34 PM
All about the little things, Josh :)

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 12:41 PM

Brian

Being in Software Development it's so fun watching this happen to other people besides me :) I am just picturing all the times I have groaned in my chair because I get the super small request while I am working on the huge project.

Next I'm going to ask if I can get the icon in cornflower blue!

Brian

jsmcmullen92
11-30-2016, 12:47 PM

Brian

Brian

I'll tell you the same thing I tell all my clients. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I can make the screen flash red and yellow to induce seizures but should I? LOL that one usually works

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2016, 01:02 PM

Brian

Brian

I'll tell you the same thing I tell all my clients. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I can make the screen flash red and yellow to induce seizures but should I? LOL that one usually works

HA!

bdwyer19
11-30-2016, 01:36 PM

Brian

Brian

HA!

My job is in Software Quality Assurance, and I see the little things too that would make an application better. As much as I'd like to report them, if they weren't in the requirement specs, those kind of requests typically get pushed out to the point where no one wants to deal with anymore.

wolfehr
11-30-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm a Release Manager at a large software company. The number of low priority bugs that everyone knows (but won't publicly admit) are never gonna get fixed is a little shocking. Just close them if you're not gonna fix them!

Brian861
11-30-2016, 02:23 PM

Brian

Brian

:ft:

becca69
11-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Wait, so you can see your order history?? I can still only see what I ordered since the new site launched :(

allasorte
11-30-2016, 06:25 PM

Wait, so you can see your order history?? I can still only see what I ordered since the new site launched :(

Same.....but I haven't checked in couple days