PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2016, 10:30 AM
My numbered 'Salem's Lot should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. Unfortunately, I will not be home until after 8.

Well, you just gave everyone on here a heads-up of where to go look for one if they can get there before 8! :)

LOL, not really. I'm sure my daughter has brought it inside.

Nuts! I was picturing a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" style race of SK collectors to your house!

Brian

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Nuts! I was picturing a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" style race of SK collectors to your house!

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen! I haven't seen it in years and am not sure how it would hold up today but I remember laughing so hard for so long in the theater I was starting to have pain in my side.

MLG
05-23-2016, 10:35 AM
My numbered 'Salem's Lot should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. Unfortunately, I will not be home until after 8.

Well, you just gave everyone on here a heads-up of where to go look for one if they can get there before 8! :)

LOL, not really. I'm sure my daughter has brought it inside.

Brian

Still can, best offer gets the daughter to give it up and claim she never saw it!

St. Troy
05-23-2016, 10:35 AM
I was picturing a "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" style race of SK collectors to your house!

Brian

Ah, truly a fine bit of cinematic magic.

Bev Vincent
05-23-2016, 11:47 AM

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen! I haven't seen it in years and am not sure how it would hold up today but I remember laughing so hard for so long in the theater I was starting to have pain in my side.

And I remember fondly the MAD magazine satire: It's a World, World, World, World Mad.

ICry4Oy
05-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Made it to the post office and back!

https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7117/27131747781_2b01e3fbdf_c.jpg

Aronstg
05-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Received my 'SALEM'S LOT AEs today. I've got to say, in all honesty, that this is one of the best-looking books I have ever seen. Brian & Team, kudos on a job Very Well Done.

Nice!! These are arriving quickly. Mine hasn't shipped yet but I'm looking forward into getting it in my hands. These are great books.

ICry4Oy
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
They are quite stunning!!!

AstroDad
05-23-2016, 01:30 PM
I can't wait to see some of the Palumbo remarques!

Dan
05-23-2016, 02:18 PM
And I met my family for dinner. Asked if she brought in any packages. Of course she said "no". If anyone wants my address send me a PM. You have 3 hours to beat me home.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-23-2016, 02:21 PM
And I met my family for dinner. Asked if she brought in any packages. Of course she said "no". If anyone wants my address send me a PM. You have 3 hours to beat me home.

I'm already there. LOL! :P

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2016, 03:07 PM

:clap::dance:

Cwalker
05-23-2016, 03:08 PM

I'll mow your lawn while I'm at it so it won't be a total loss for you.....
:)

Dano
05-23-2016, 03:42 PM
I can't wait to see some of the Palumbo remarques!

Me too! I'm waiting for my shipping notification - I think Brian had said that they ship the remarques last 'tho...

Dan

Dan
05-23-2016, 03:43 PM

I'm already there. LOL! :P

Quick jump over the pond! At least tell me it matches the rest of my set. If so, I'll let you know when I go on vacation if you want to get the rest.

Dan
05-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Wow! Love it! Certainly a great production. Also opened a package from Sub Press with the signed trade edition of Freedom of the Mask. And anther with a mint signed ARC of The City of Mirrors. A great day!

Lot guy
05-23-2016, 05:55 PM

PM sent

dnemec
05-24-2016, 04:50 AM
I need to keep back track of all my CD orders. Just got a shipping notification for a book that I thought I was still debating on buying. Apparently I already decided - last October!

Kingfan24
05-24-2016, 05:17 AM
I haven't even got my gift edition and some are receiving their s/l?

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2016, 05:59 AM

Is yours remarqued? If not, send Dan an email at danhocker@cemeterydance.com and he'll check on your order for you!

Brian

Kingfan24
05-24-2016, 06:07 AM

Is yours remarqued? If not, send Dan an email at danhocker@cemeterydance.com and he'll check on your order for you!

Brian

Thanks Brian will do!

somekindofstranger
05-24-2016, 06:35 AM
And they are gone :)

PS Publishing still have some of both gift and AE available.

The Library Policeman
05-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Those look amazing! Can't wait to get mine!! :)

webstar1000
05-24-2016, 07:04 AM
Yep, they look great. I am most pumped for the Stand though! Brian... is it fair to say.. this will be your largest King book limited yet if not the largest ever?

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Yep, they look great. I am most pumped for the Stand though! Brian... is it fair to say.. this will be your largest King book limited yet if not the largest ever?

It will definitely not be the SMALLEST one, I'm sure of that!

webstar1000
05-24-2016, 07:57 AM

It will definitely not be the SMALLEST one, I'm sure of that!

Well I look at what you good folks did with IT and Salems... I am hoping this one takes the award/top spot!!! lol

AstroDad
05-24-2016, 08:01 AM
City of Mirrors came out today...

So your traycase maker can finish up The Twelve anytime :)

Also looking forward to ordering the LE of City of Mirrors!

webstar1000
05-25-2016, 04:11 AM
Bri, you guys should do up the Wayward Pines Trilogy! It has got to be one of my favorite series I have ever read... just wow!

dnemec
05-25-2016, 05:10 AM
Bri, you guys should do up the Wayward Pines Trilogy! It has got to be one of my favorite series I have ever read... just wow!

I was just thinking the other day that there was no limited edition of those books. I'd buy them!

Brian James Freeman
05-25-2016, 06:49 AM
Bev Vincent talks about The Eyes of the Dragon and how it came to be written and published:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/the-two-princes-by-bev-vincent/

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-25-2016, 07:08 AM
This is going to be one hell of a year from CD. Instead of a bigger boat I'm gonna need bigger shelves! The emails just keep coming, it feels like Christmas in the summer! Not that I want my life to fly by because that means I'm a year older(but none the wiser) but I'm really excited for next year as well!!!

Lurker
05-25-2016, 11:12 AM
So, should I be worried I haven't gotten a mailing notice on Salem's Lot? I ordered the AE and GE no remarques.

Roseannebarr
05-25-2016, 11:27 AM
So, should I be worried I haven't gotten a mailing notice on Salem's Lot? I ordered the AE and GE no remarques.

Whats odd is I ordered two copies. Mindy confirmed two copies and they shipped only one. I think shipping is still on going for the AE edition. I would be worried about the GE edition!

Randall Flagg
05-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Bev Vincent talks about The Eyes of the Dragon and how it came to be written and published:

Brian
As always, Bev writes a compelling article. Thanks.

webstar1000
05-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Brian

Agreed. I gave him some probs on the CD Facebook page. Read it today and I loved it... EVERYONE should take a min and read it. VERY cool article for any King fan:)

zelig
05-25-2016, 11:52 AM

Brian

Agreed. I gave him some probs on the CD Facebook page. Read it today and I loved it... EVERYONE should take a min and read it. VERY cool article for any King fan:)

+1. Great article with some interesting details.

DanHocker
05-25-2016, 11:55 AM

Whats odd is I ordered two copies. Mindy confirmed two copies and they shipped only one. I think shipping is still on going for the AE edition. I would be worried about the GE edition!

Nope no need to worry. We've probably only shipped 200 copies of the AE. We only received a partial shipment on the traycases so we shipped what we could. The rest of the traycases arrived today, so the rest of the AE's will be shipping soon. If you ordered a AE and a Gift edition on the same order they will be shipping together a towards the end of the process. I would expect we should be done with all the AE's, Gift Editions, and remarqued copies by the end of next week.

Lurker
05-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks.

Beverly Marsh
05-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Does anyone remember if Small World is coming with or without a slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
05-25-2016, 12:27 PM

Without.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-25-2016, 12:29 PM

Without.

Brian

I thought so. Thanks Brian! I couldn't find my order email to check :)

Tommy
05-26-2016, 06:50 AM
Guess I missed the opportunity to order another slipcase for The Fireman? Do you think there will be any extras after all the orders are shipped Brian?

Brian James Freeman
05-26-2016, 07:34 AM
Guess I missed the opportunity to order another slipcase for The Fireman? Do you think there will be any extras after all the orders are shipped Brian?

We're ordering approximately 25 extras to account for damages, so I'm sure there will be a few!

Brian

Roseannebarr
05-26-2016, 07:45 AM
i was looking at the website, did CD do a slipcase for NOS4A2? i dont remember one. i have several signed copies in need of protection!

frik
05-26-2016, 07:55 AM
i was looking at the website, did CD do a slipcase for NOS4A2? i dont remember one. i have several signed copies in need of protection!

Pretty sure they did not.

sk

Aronstg
05-26-2016, 08:40 AM

If they decided to do one I know that I would purchase one. I'm guessing after this last book tour that a lot of people will find themselves with signed NOS4A2 copies that they want slipcased. Id love one for my US and UK copies.

Brian James Freeman
05-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Pretty sure they did not.

sk

You are correct.

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Fingers crossed!!!!

Beverly Marsh
05-26-2016, 12:08 PM

If they decided to do one I know that I would purchase one. I'm guessing after this last book tour that a lot of people will find themselves with signed NOS4A2 copies that they want slipcased. Id love one for my US and UK copies.
Hey Aron,
If CD doesn't end up doing one I had Jeff make me one for both my US and UK editions and they came out great. I'm going to have him do one for Small World as well if CD doesn't end up doing one.

Beverly Marsh
05-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Fingers crossed!!!!

If you're referring to the latest awesome thing, same here!!!

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Fingers crossed!!!!

I hate the panicked adrenaline those emails bring out of me. HURRY HURRY FASTER FASTER!!

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 12:15 PM
I hate the panicked adrenaline those emails bring out of me. HURRY HURRY FASTER FASTER!!
I'm just glad that I happened to glance at my email which I don't do all that often after I initially check in the morning.

Beverly Marsh
05-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Fingers crossed!!!!

Hahaha! I need a defibrillator STAT!

Theli
05-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Sent my request off within a half hour of receiving the e-mail... really hope I made the deadline!

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 12:35 PM
I did:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 12:43 PM
I presume that CDCC got first crack at these, which is their privilege, but hope that I got in early enough. I'll worry about paying the rent after I get that confirmation email. :) I got my reply in to CD 12 minutes after they sent.

Beverly Marsh
05-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Got both!!!

Theli
05-26-2016, 12:48 PM
22 minutes for me...

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 01:03 PM
OK, Top Ramen and Tap water to drink for me for the next 5 months, but got both! I'm rather excited as this will be my very first (and possibly only Maitz) art that I'll own. (I expect we all know what it is now, and it wasn't marked secret anyway.)

Congratulations to everyone else that got the remarques they wanted, and commiserations if you missed the strangely timed email.

Tommy
05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
I was away from my computer at precisely the wrong time.

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Did you get an "Out of stock" notice Tommy?

Tommy
05-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Not yet but I think it's on it's way. :(

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Shit! I only just received the email! :panic::panic::panic:

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 01:52 PM
I'm sweating like a fucking pig right now!!!! :wink1::sweat_002::frown1::mummy:

AKC
05-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Assuming most went for the Maitz 50?

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Assuming most went for the Maitz 50?

I went for both, but considering how late I am to the party..... :beat:

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Well, I'm sending good vibes in your direction and in Mindy's direction that you got yours!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Well, I'm sending good vibes in your direction and in Mindy's direction that you got yours!

Thanks man, that's appreciated! :smile:

allasorte
05-26-2016, 02:02 PM

Send good vibes to the Penguins to win game 7 tonight!!!!!!
I passed on the art, remarque, etc. I spent enough on The Shining with the artist, gift, and folio. Besides, in a sense, I hopefully helped someone else out who wanted one by not taking one. :)

Brian861
05-26-2016, 02:07 PM
I presume that CDCC got first crack at these, which is their privilege, but hope that I got in early enough. I'll worry about paying the rent after I get that confirmation email. :) I got my reply in to CD 12 minutes after they sent.

The offers in which you guys speak up was offered to all that pre-ordered a copy. Which is pretty much to everyone who ordered considering it's sold out at CD anyway. Good luck all you fiending little collecting addicts!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 02:07 PM
To everyone who has already received confirmation from Mindy, how long did you guys have to wait before getting a reply?

I'm watching my inbox like a hawk and it's agonizing!!!! :onfire:

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 02:10 PM
I gave a gift certificate number to pay with and Mindy replied that they would not accept Gift Certificates for this and to respond ASAP with a credit card.

I re-read the initial email and although it references Paypal and credit card, there is no indication you cannot use a GC

I checked the site:

These Cemetery Dance Gift Certificates are good for essentially any book, magazine, work of art, or other collectible we sell in our online store including books from other publishers, special offers like our famous Grab Bags, and even books by authors such as Stephen King, Peter Straub, William Peter Blatty, Justin Cronin, and many others!

Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase a Gift Certificate. If you use a Gift Certificate to purchase a Gift Certificate, the new code will NOT be issued by the system and you will receive NO Gift Certificate code. Due to the manual work involved to fix the transaction, we will have to charge you a 25% restocking fee on the refund to your original certificate.

Gift Certificates cannot be applied to eBay orders, items we're selling on consignment, and shipping/postage charges.

Nothing there either (although it does say you CAN use them to purchase artwork and special offers).

Is this a known thing before this time? Did I overlook it somewhere? If I did, then mea culpa, but if I end up missing out because I did not respond with a credit card (which I was not planning to have to use, that is why I got the GCs) quickly enough, I will be highly pissed off.

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 02:14 PM
To everyone who has already received confirmation from Mindy, how long did you guys have to wait before getting a reply?

I responded about 28 minutes after I got the email, and she replied asking for a CC instead of a GC an hour and 20 minutes later.

Keep in mind it is after 6pm there, she may have gone home for the night. Not sure if she stays when things like this are going on until it slows?

Tommy
05-26-2016, 02:15 PM
I knew you couldn't use GCs for remarques simply because I tried in the past.

Aronstg
05-26-2016, 02:18 PM
I gave a gift certificate number to pay with and Mindy replied that they would not accept Gift Certificates for this and to respond ASAP with a credit card.

I re-read the initial email and although it references Paypal and credit card, there is no indication you cannot use a GC

I checked the site:

These Cemetery Dance Gift Certificates are good for essentially any book, magazine, work of art, or other collectible we sell in our online store including books from other publishers, special offers like our famous Grab Bags, and even books by authors such as Stephen King, Peter Straub, William Peter Blatty, Justin Cronin, and many others!

Gift Certificates cannot be used to purchase a Gift Certificate. If you use a Gift Certificate to purchase a Gift Certificate, the new code will NOT be issued by the system and you will receive NO Gift Certificate code. Due to the manual work involved to fix the transaction, we will have to charge you a 25% restocking fee on the refund to your original certificate.

Gift Certificates cannot be applied to eBay orders, items we're selling on consignment, and shipping/postage charges.

Nothing there either (although it does say you CAN use them to purchase artwork and special offers).

Is this a known thing before this time? Did I overlook it somewhere? If I did, then mea culpa, but if I end up missing out because I did not respond with a credit card (which I was not planning to have to use, that is why I got the GCs) quickly enough, I will be highly pissed off.

These remarques are a relatively new thing they have been offering (in the last couple of years) I think it makes perfect sense that you can't use the GC for this because it isn't their product they are selling. I'm assuming they are forwarding that remarque money to the artists. It doesn't look like they really mark up the remarque costs so I am assuming most of that goes back to the artist. Probably more of a courtesy to the artists and meeting the demands/wishes of their customers.

I doubt that Maitz is accepting CD GC for payment. :)

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 02:25 PM
That makes sense and I would be fine with that if it had been made clear at some point that they would not take them. When I bought the GCs earlier this year I specifically tallied up the various things I wanted to purchase and factored in remarques for the Doubleday series since they basically said you could use them for special offers, artwork, etc. I never considered I wouldn't be able to use them for remarques and they should really update the page to reflect that.

Hopefully it all works out, they have always been fair in the past and I know they aren't trying to be shady or anything. It is just the concern that I might not get the Maitz Remarque and I was really excited about getting one from him above any of the other artists I am aware of so far. :pullhair:

I'm more calm now lol :innocent:

Theli
05-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Got the Maitz, took less than hour for Mindy to get back to me with the confirmation. Great lady if I do say so myself!

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Did she just reply or was it earlier? Just trying to determine if she is still working through them or may have left

Theli
05-26-2016, 02:57 PM
I got the response about 2 hours ago now. Got my fingers crossed for ya.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 03:01 PM
It's midnight here in the UK, and I have to get up at 5am to go to work - but I daren't go to bed yet in case I miss an email from Mindy!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 03:02 PM
It's midnight here in the UK, and I have to get up at 5am to go to work - but I daren't go to bed yet in case I miss an email from Mindy!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

lol, I feel like she likely went home

Theli
05-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Fingers crossed for you both!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 03:09 PM

lol, I feel like she likely went home

It's a shame that Brian is not around to ask if she has gone home, I really do need to go to bed.... I'm going to be shattered in the morning!!!! :beat:

Oh shit! IT IS the morning!!!! :doh:

peripheral
05-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Book collecting seriously screws with everyone's sleep schedules and anxiety levels. I've become hypervigilant everytime I open my hotmail!

Dan
05-26-2016, 05:10 PM
I had a hell of a time putting a Brodart cover on the numbered 'Salem's Lot. I believe it's because of the texture of the dust jacket. Super happy with the way it looks in my bookcase.

Brian James Freeman
05-26-2016, 05:11 PM

That is totally my F-up, sorry! It should have been stated in the email, but apparently I forgot in the last one, too, so when I cloned that as my starting point, I forgot again.

The reason we cannot accept Gift Certificates is because most of the money goes to the artist for the artwork and to the printer because the hand-tipping is costly -- they literally stop the line of books in production and someone inserts the sheet where it goes. If they don't do it right, the sheet is mangled and cannot be saved. So we pay dearly to get this done RIGHT, but the final result is worth it -- in my opinion, at least! We do keep some of the fee to cover transactions costs and similar things, the time Mindy puts into manually adjusting 150 orders, the time the warehouse staff spends sorting the books, etc.

But trust me... if we were smart, we wouldn't sell these! Ha! I know what the accountant thinks of the final number! But we really love them and some of collectors really love them, so... here we are again, doing something the accountant says we shouldn't. :)

AstroDad, if you miss out on what you wanted because of my mistake, just let me know. You can have my remarqued set.

Best,
Brian

peripheral
05-26-2016, 05:17 PM
I had a hell of a time putting a Brodart cover on the numbered 'Salem's Lot. I believe it's because of the texture of the dust jacket. Super happy with the way it looks in my bookcase.

I was going to ask the same question, how peeps were going with brodart on the AE. Anyone tell me how the brodart is on the gift edition, with the slipcases?

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 06:34 PM
AstroDad, if you miss out on what you wanted because of my mistake, just let me know. You can have my remarqued set.

Best,
Brian

All is good Brian, Mindy is working her ass off as usual and replied tonight afterall...I thought for sure she had gone home for the night! I still got in on it :)

The reasoning makes perfect sense and if I had ever stopped to consider it I likely would have asked ahead of time. In the heat of the moment I was surely overreacting lol

I don't know if you guys realize those emails produce a lot of excitement, but also a lot of anxiety! :emot-roflolmao:

AstroDad
05-26-2016, 06:37 PM

I was going to ask the same question, how peeps were going with brodart on the AE. Anyone tell me how the brodart is on the gift edition, with the slipcases?

I had no issues either putting the cover on or fitting the covered book in the slipcase. I want to say Brian mentioned previously they tried to take brodart into account with this one and going forward

frik
05-26-2016, 07:51 PM

I first sent Mindy the wrong info. Instead of my order number, I sent the number of my AE.
Then, about five minutes later, I noticed my mistake and in another e-mail I sent just the order number.
About five minutes later again Mindy contacted me and requested one message from me with all of the correct information.
Which I of course sent instantly.
And then I went to bed...

This morning, a couple of minutes ago, the PayPal invoice Mindy sent was in my in-box.
So, I'm in. For both remarques.
Whew....

sk

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 08:19 PM
I don't know if you guys realize those emails produce a lot of excitement, but also a lot of anxiety! :emot-roflolmao:

I first sent Mindy the wrong info. Instead of my order number, I sent the number of my AE.
Then, about five minutes later, I noticed my mistake and in another e-mail I sent just the order number.
About five minutes later again Mindy contacted me and requested one message from me with all of the correct information.
Which I of course sent instantly.
And then I went to bed...

This morning, a couple of minutes ago, the PayPal invoice Mindy sent was in my in-box.
So, I'm in. For both remarques.
Whew....

sk

I think Order Reply accuracy would probably be helped if it was first just a simple "I'm in." reply, followed by a more sedately prepared Order #, Which edition & Payment method. (Just Kidding) I was so feverishly running around trying to find that Order # that I just about chewed all of my fingernails off!

There's probably no way to make this idiot & anxiety proof, but am thankful that CD goes through the trouble of these additional features!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Just woke up after having only 4 hours sleep.... Nothing in my inbox!!! :o

I guess I missed out.... :cry:

TCCBodhi
05-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Not necessarily, you may just have to wait until Mindy's back in the office, she may have been just finishing up a few In Process orders. Until she says that you're out of luck, I wouldn't count yourself out. We're pulling for you!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-26-2016, 08:58 PM
Not necessarily, you may just have to wait until Mindy's back in the office, she may have been just finishing up a few In Process orders. Until she says that you're out of luck, I wouldn't count yourself out. We're pulling for you!

Thanks for the kind words and for keeping me calm, my friend! :couple:

You're right, until Mindy says that I'm out of luck, I'm still in with a chance.... :clap:

Brian861
05-26-2016, 09:00 PM
You're right, until Mindy says that I'm out of luck, I'm still in with a chance.... :clap:

Can always request a Remarque too from the artist if ya miss out on this opportunity. So wouldn't be a total loss :).

burial
05-26-2016, 10:20 PM
did I miss it... please say NOOOOOO!!!!

Brian861
05-26-2016, 10:32 PM
did I miss it... please say NOOOOOO!!!!

More than likely at this point I'm afraid.

Tommy
05-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Anyone else taking their anti-anxiety meds right now? :scared:

Brian861
05-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Anyone else taking their anti-anxiety meds right now? :scared:

I was about 3 hours late responding from the timestamp on the email so I'm not really counting on getting in on it. But I responded all the same. Better safe than sorry I figure.

Jimimck
05-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Well I guess there is a lesson there about ordering from CD vs PS...

Tommy
05-26-2016, 11:54 PM
Well I guess there is a lesson there about ordering from CD vs PS...

Ouch, I didn't even think about that. Sorry you missed out. I really have nothing to complain about and need to stop it immediately. :doh:

Brian861
05-27-2016, 12:18 AM
That does suck. Especially when you're trying to save some major coin on shipping cost.

Jimimck
05-27-2016, 02:04 AM
Thems the breaks I guess. No worries though team. Good luck to you all who ordered!

Look forward to seeing some of these when they show up in collectors hands.

wizardsrainbow
05-27-2016, 03:17 AM
This is a complaint, of sorts. I think I do a nice business with CD and they do treat me (Betts) well, but I'm a bit mystified over Salem's Lot distribution. I have a new contact there who tells me that CD policy is to ship all the individual/people orders first and retailers get shipped last...I am starting to see Salem's Lot deluxe copies on eBay and I have not even received my order of Gift editions yet. It could be weeks before I see my copies and I have customers who want the same # as the Carrie they got from me asking me every couple of days if I got my copies yet. All I can tell them is that CD is still shipping to individuals and I'll be among the last to receive copies.

Randall Flagg
05-27-2016, 05:04 AM
IF CD shipped the other way around, people would be receiving heir orders from 3rd parties before loyal individual customers received them from CD.

webstar1000
05-27-2016, 05:06 AM
IF CD shipped the other way around, people would be receiving heir orders from 3rd parties before loyal individual customers received them from CD.

I am not sure though RF... would not the time it takes for David to get his, re-pack or re-label and send be give or take.. the same time? I am not sure he should be last.. that is for sure.... he also is a loyal customer of CD as he stated AND has his own loyal customers to take care of. I am sure there is a compromise here for sure though:)

DanHocker
05-27-2016, 06:39 AM
This is a complaint, of sorts. I think I do a nice business with CD and they do treat me (Betts) well, but I'm a bit mystified over Salem's Lot distribution. I have a new contact there who tells me that CD policy is to ship all the individual/people orders first and retailers get shipped last...I am starting to see Salem's Lot deluxe copies on eBay and I have not even received my order of Gift editions yet. It could be weeks before I see my copies and I have customers who want the same # as the Carrie they got from me asking me every couple of days if I got my copies yet. All I can tell them is that CD is still shipping to individuals and I'll be among the last to receive copies.

Hi David,

I'm sorry you are upset. This is how we've always handled retailer and distributor orders. On top of that we always ship orders for individual copies first, so even if we didn't hold retailers and distributors until the end their orders would still end up at the end of the shipping process anyways. The single copy orders ship first so we can assembly line the shipping process and get them out the door as fast as possible. This is nothing new, this is how we have always handled retailer and distributor orders.

carlosdetweiller
05-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Everyone wants to be first in the shipping pecking order. Just human nature, I think. I still haven't received any of my 'Salem's Lot books and it looks like I will be last to receive my copy of The Shining from The Folio Society. I know I was last to receive my lettered copy of Thinner from PS Publishing. People do the best they can it is just the way it is sometimes.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-27-2016, 07:11 AM
I still haven't received a reply from Mindy yet.... :o

I had sent the email request for both remarques, last night at 10:45pm GMT (5:45pm EST). I'm seriously starting to panic now!!! :panic::panic::panic:

jonp
05-27-2016, 07:15 AM
I still haven't received a reply from Mindy yet.... :o

I'm seriously starting to panic now!!! :panic::panic::panic:

Same here. I sent a return email 7 mins after I received the offer and I haven't heard back yet either.:cry:

I'm only concerned because two emails i've sent this week haven't be received by another bookstore.

EXPLORER
05-27-2016, 07:24 AM
both Shining editions also now at PS: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-shining-the-deluxe-special-edition-by-stephen-king-cemetery-dance-3946-p.asp

Not overly impressed by the artwork shown (particularly the Danny Torrence) but it is The Shining.
FYI, Maitz used Lot Guy's (Matt) son for the Danny image. Matt took his son to Maitz and Don spent quite a bit of time gathering some pics to get the image right (in his mind).

THAT is a GOOD STORY... However.... might want to check the facts.
I tried to hook them up however Don used a neighbors son he spotted at a community bonfire.
Matt's son would have been a great option if we could have arranged it. Timing just did not work out.

richardsrarebooks
05-27-2016, 07:29 AM
Got my notice from Mindy (for the Maitz remarque) at 9:47am (central time) and paid at 9:53am. Didn't think I would be in time as I didn't respond to the initial email for around 45 minutes. CD is the best!

Brian James Freeman
05-27-2016, 07:34 AM
Mindy should be in touch shortly, I think! :)

Brian

DanHocker
05-27-2016, 07:35 AM
I just spoke with Mindy, she's still working through all the emails. It takes awhile to get through all of them.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-27-2016, 07:40 AM

Brian

I just spoke with Mindy, she's still working through all the emails. It takes awhile to get through all of them.

Am I still in with a chance of getting both remarques?

The anxiety and suspense is killing me...

DanHocker
05-27-2016, 07:41 AM

Brian

Couldn't tell you. I just know she's still working on them.

carlosdetweiller
05-27-2016, 07:46 AM
Got my notice from Mindy (for the Maitz remarque) at 9:47am (central time) and paid at 9:53am. Didn't think I would be in time as I didn't respond to the initial email for around 45 minutes. CD is the best!

What time did you receive the initial e-mail? Mine arrived at about 2:45 PM Central.

AKC
05-27-2016, 07:54 AM

I sent my reply about 5 minutes before you did and I haven't heard back yet.

Understandably, the poor girl is inundated with emails from nut bag collectors like us. Can only imagine what her email Inbox looks like....

Feel for ya' Mindy!

AKC
05-27-2016, 08:07 AM
MAITZ REMARQUES SOLD OUT.

Wasn't able to get one.....

Sorry T-Dogz!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-27-2016, 08:08 AM
MAITZ REMARQUES SOLD OUT.

Wasn't able to get one.....

Sorry T-Dogz!

FFS!!!!! :mad1:

richardsrarebooks
05-27-2016, 08:18 AM
received my initial notice at 2:47pm (central time). Glad I'm one of the "lucky 50!"

Theli
05-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Sorry to all the folk that missed out. I hope you'll be able to get a remarque done after the fact.

webstar1000
05-27-2016, 08:59 AM
Sorry to all the folk that missed out. I hope you'll be able to get a remarque done after the fact.

I think the reason only 50 is being done.. is cause Don has a lot on his plate. Maybe in time but not anytime soon:(

Tommy
05-27-2016, 09:29 AM

That is totally my F-up, sorry! It should have been stated in the email, but apparently I forgot in the last one, too, so when I cloned that as my starting point, I forgot again.

The reason we cannot accept Gift Certificates is because most of the money goes to the artist for the artwork and to the printer because the hand-tipping is costly -- they literally stop the line of books in production and someone inserts the sheet where it goes. If they don't do it right, the sheet is mangled and cannot be saved. So we pay dearly to get this done RIGHT, but the final result is worth it -- in my opinion, at least! We do keep some of the fee to cover transactions costs and similar things, the time Mindy puts into manually adjusting 150 orders, the time the warehouse staff spends sorting the books, etc.

But trust me... if we were smart, we wouldn't sell these! Ha! I know what the accountant thinks of the final number! But we really love them and some of collectors really love them, so... here we are again, doing something the accountant says we shouldn't. :)

Best,
Brian

It is very cool that you do offer these Brian. Especially since it seems to be a bit of headache for y'all. Please know that the offer is greatly appreciated even if I don't snag one! Thanks!

St. Troy
05-27-2016, 09:51 AM
A bit random, but just want to say that I think it's great that CD keeps product description pages active for OOP titles; it's really great to be able to look at all of these in full detail. It's a great book lover-friendly thing to do. :thumbsup:

I'd dearly love to see the original info for the dozens of old Folio Society titles that I will gradually track down on the secondary market, but they take their pages down immediately (or close to it). Not that Amazon/eBay sellers don't provide detail, but I like to see original marketing copy (makes one feel good about spending the money :)) as well as see the original selling price (I'd dearly love to know how much my Folio Second World War set (Churchill) went for, but I just can't find the info).

AKC
05-27-2016, 09:53 AM

I think the reason only 50 is being done.. is cause Don has a lot on his plate. Maybe in time but not anytime soon:(

Yep. I spoke with Don last night and he is buried in work. Good problem to have but I gathered that 50 is about all he can handle.

Doing 2 per day and trying his best to maintain that pace.

As a side note, he only has TWO of the EIGHT original pieces left if anybody was hoping to acquire. PM me for pics of the remaining pieces if interested..

T-Dogz_AK47
05-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Still no reply.... Not even a FOAD! :frown2:

burial
05-27-2016, 09:56 AM
No luck here...
I had really bad day yesterday... lost my phone, had to block some accounts... and i missed this one of a kind opportunity. ;(

Jay127
05-27-2016, 10:05 AM
I didn't see the email until an hour and 40 minutes after it was sent, and managed to score a Maitz. Must have been one of the last. Sorry to those who missed out.

Theli
05-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Still no reply.... Not even a FOAD! :frown2:

Did you check your Junk Mail? I'd also check your sent folder to make sure that the reply sent properly.

Brian861
05-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Email received at 2:47 CST Thursday.
Reply sent at 5:02 CST Thursday.
Invoice for the Chadbourne Remarque received today at 11:20 CST.

Brian James Freeman
05-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Okay gang, I'll be without Internet access until Monday evening, so please don't trash the joint while I'm gone! :)

Brian

Brian861
05-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Okay gang, I'll be without Internet access until Monday evening, so please don't trash the joint while I'm gone! :)

Brian

Party at Brian's!! :excited: He's really going deep into woods to escape the craziness that he stirred up :).

Theli
05-27-2016, 02:43 PM

Brian

Enjoy your weekend Brian!

frik
05-27-2016, 07:17 PM

Congratulations, Brian!
And anyone else who managed to order one - or two!

sk

T-Dogz_AK47
05-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Finally received a reply from Mindy, saying that Don Maitz remarques are sold out.

I'm quite devastated about missing out, as my dream to own a complete matching #1 set of these books, to include a limited edition remarque from every artist undertaking them, has been shattered. :cry:

Aronstg
05-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Finally received a reply from Mindy, saying that Don Maitz remarques are sold out.

I'm quite devastated about missing out, as my dream to own a complete matching #1 set of these books, to include a limited edition remarque from every artist undertaking them, has been shattered. :cry:

Tough break. At least you were fortunate to get the #1. That is something to be thankful for. Also I hadn't heard but did the Chadbourne remarques sell out too?

Brian861
05-27-2016, 11:04 PM

Sucks for sure, Tim but I'm sure you can have Don hook you up at some point down the road. Glass half full, brother :).

Brian861
05-27-2016, 11:27 PM

Congratulations, Brian!
And anyone else who managed to order one - or two!

sk

Thanks, Siep!

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 09:18 AM
I noticed the CD GE "Salem's Lot" selling on eBay for as much as $181. Just thought I'd let everyone know it's available on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Salems-Lot-Stephen-King/dp/1587675072?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00) for $95. I received my copy from them yesterday, free shipping with Prime.

Jimimck
05-29-2016, 11:54 AM
I noticed the CD GE "Salem's Lot" selling on eBay for as much as $181. Just thought I'd let everyone know it's available on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Salems-Lot-Stephen-King/dp/1587675072?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00) for $95. I received my copy from them yesterday, free shipping with Prime.

Thank you for posting that. I assume it was complete with slip case?

Only $20 shipping to NZ. Score.

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Yes, my book came in shrink wrap and included the slip case. The price is the same as what's indicated on Cemetery Dance's website. I don't know how many copies Amazon has in stock, but the prices are cheaper than on eBay.

It's a beautiful book.

Brian861
05-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Yes, my book came in shrink wrap and included the slip case. The price is the same as what's indicated on Cemetery Dance's website. I don't know how many copies Amazon has in stock, but the prices are cheaper than on eBay.

It's a beautiful book.

Nice pickup, CK. I can't recall from your introduction post, but are in just getting into collecting or do you have more to share with us?

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 04:46 PM

It's a beautiful book.

Nice pickup, CK. I can't recall from your introduction post, but are in just getting into collecting or do you have more to share with us?

I'm a 52-year-old novice. I purchased my first SK limited edition two weeks ago. I feel like I have book fever now.

Aronstg
05-29-2016, 04:52 PM

It's a beautiful book.

I'm a 52-year-old novice. I purchased by first SK limited edition two weeks ago. I feel like I have book fever now.

I'm sure you are going to get a handful of private messages now of people trying to sell you stuff to "catch up" on your collection. :)

Brian861
05-29-2016, 04:54 PM

I'm a 52-year-old novice. I purchased by first SK limited edition two weeks ago. I feel like I have book fever now.

Oh it only gets worse, brother. Trust me. Come closer and we'll tell you all about it :evil:

Jimimck
05-29-2016, 06:02 PM

It's a beautiful book.

Thanks again. My wallet doesn't thank you, but I do. Hard to resist when shipping is normally $70usd+ and Amazon can do $20...

cryptkeeper
05-29-2016, 06:06 PM

It's a beautiful book.

Thanks again. My wallet doesn't thank you, but I do. Hard to resist when shipping is normally $70usd+ and Amazon can do $20...

Glad it worked out for you. Yeah, my wallet has been getting thinner lately too.

dnemec
05-30-2016, 04:47 AM

It's a beautiful book.

Glad it worked out for you. Yeah, my wallet has been getting thinner lately too.

And this is only the beginning!

dnemec
05-30-2016, 04:47 AM

It's a beautiful book.

And this is only the beginning!

Beverly Marsh
05-30-2016, 12:43 PM

It's a beautiful book.

That fever is going to burn bright for a long time! Just have any future paychecks made out to Cemetery Dance. You'll thank me for it.

Randall Flagg
05-30-2016, 12:49 PM
I signed up for CD's new tithe program. Standard 10% of gross family earnings.

Cwalker
05-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know if CD has considered Indentured Servitude as a form of payment?
Yes, it is true, I will work for books....

TCCBodhi
05-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Now that's a tithe that I could get behind.

Brian861
05-30-2016, 11:01 PM

You got off cheap.

Lovejoygirl14
05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Now, because I don't have a brain, I didn't buy the fireman from CD with the special color signature page, OR the slipcase, so if anyone is selling theirs (I doubt it lol) then please message me (:

cryptkeeper
05-31-2016, 07:59 AM
Now, because I don't have a brain, I didn't buy the fireman from CD with the special color signature page, OR the slipcase, so if anyone is selling theirs (I doubt it lol) then please message me (:

Sorry, I made the same mistake and bought mine off eBay.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-31-2016, 08:22 AM
I never received mine from CD... going to have to check the shipping history on that one.

dnemec
05-31-2016, 08:32 AM
I never received mine from CD... going to have to check the shipping history on that one.

I thought Brian said they were working on it...

Brian James Freeman
05-31-2016, 09:36 AM

I thought Brian said they were working on it...

Yep, Dan is still working on shipping all of the signed copies around shipping the Numbered Artist Edition of 'SALEM'S LOT.

Brian861
05-31-2016, 10:59 AM
Yep, Dan is still working on shipping all of the signed copies around shipping the Numbered Artist Edition of 'SALEM'S LOT.

Got the shipping notice for 'Salem's AE!! Super stoked! :excited::dance:

Aronstg
05-31-2016, 11:23 AM

Me too! I had to get some clarification with the email but I know a Salem's AE is on it's way!

MLG
05-31-2016, 11:23 AM

As did I!

MLG
05-31-2016, 11:25 AM

Your best bet will be to contact them in a few weeks after they have shipped them and given a chance to those receiving them to notify CD of damage. They usually hold a few back to replace damaged copies and may have some left.

Aronstg
05-31-2016, 11:28 AM

I believe Brian did state that they ordered a few extra slipcases.. so I think it's safe to say they will offer a few more slipcases for sale after they get everything sent out and settled.

Pieter
05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
Has Salems Lot already been shipped to PS publishing? :panic: :excited:

Sorry for my impatience btw

DanHocker
05-31-2016, 12:06 PM
Not yet. We're still working on the orders. I told Pete today that I hope to have the last of the orders, including the orders for retailers out the door before the week is over.

Pieter
05-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Great :thumbsup:

allasorte
05-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Are you talking about Salem's Lot from CD, PS, OCD, or XYZPDQ?

T-Dogz_AK47
05-31-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm still extremely gutted about missing out on a Don Maitz remarque for The Shining.... :cry:

Would it be possible for members (especially those within the CDCC) to receive prior warning of when to expect an email offering remarques in the future? I missed out purely because I was blindsided and was out walking the dog when the email was initially sent at 8:37pm GMT.

With prior warning, members can arrange to be at their computers at a set time, which will lead to everyone having a fair and equal chance of gaining a remarque.

Just my 2 cents worth....

richardsrarebooks
05-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Wondering when "The Fifth Heart" by Dan Simmons will be shipping. Thanks!

firemonkey66
05-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Is the gift edition dust jacket for the CD From a Buick 8 the same as the numbered limited edition dust jacket? I know the lettered dust jacket is different, but I'm not sure about the gift/numbered. Any help would be appreciated!

burial
05-31-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm still extremely gutted about missing out on a Don Maitz remarque for The Shining.... :cry:

Would it be possible for members (especially those within the CDCC) to receive prior warning of when to expect an email offering remarques in the future? I missed out purely because I was blindsided and was out walking the dog when the email was initially sent at 8:37pm GMT.

With prior warning, members can arrange to be at their computers at a set time, which will lead to everyone having a fair and equal chance of gaining a remarque.

Just my 2 cents worth....

I'm also devastated :(
I was hoping for remarques in all DD books when I was buying whole set

allasorte
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Is the gift edition dust jacket for the CD From a Buick 8 the same as the numbered limited edition dust jacket? I know the lettered dust jacket is different, but I'm not sure about the gift/numbered. Any help would be appreciated!

I replied to your asking on a different forum. I looked at my gift edition, the only edition I own, and the link I sent you from ebay. My gift edition DOES NOT have that box on the lettered dust jacket expressing 52 lettered in grey. So, I believe the dust jackets are different. But, make sure with someone else verifying it.

Lurker
05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
My numbered and gift have the same DJ

allasorte
05-31-2016, 03:23 PM
My numbered and gift have the same DJ

So numbered and gift would be the same.....lettered would be different?

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Lettered is different. Gift and numbered are the same dj I believe

Lurker
05-31-2016, 03:32 PM
I should have thought of this in the first place:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?124-Stephen-King-Collectibles-Catalog/page5&order=asc
shows all three (yes lettered is different)

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-31-2016, 03:34 PM
As a wise man once told me "the catalog is your friend" haha

firemonkey66
05-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks all!

Brian861
05-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Me too! I had to get some clarification with the email but I know a Salem's AE is on it's way!

As did I!

Due to arrive Friday. Pretty quick turnaround.

Brian861
05-31-2016, 10:16 PM

I ordered the book put think I forgot to get order the freakin' slipcase to go along with it. Doesn't show in my order confirmation :doh: Oh well, I'll be lookin' to grab one up after the fact as well. I've had pretty good luck picking up some older slipcases that way.

MLG
06-01-2016, 06:38 AM

As did I!

Due to arrive Friday. Pretty quick turnaround.

Next Tuesday for me.

Lookwhoitis
06-01-2016, 06:50 AM
When are the leftover Joe Hill slipcases going to be made available? I need one! :D

cryptkeeper
06-01-2016, 07:31 AM
When are the leftover Joe Hill slipcases going to be made available? I need one! :D

Send them an email.

DanHocker
06-01-2016, 07:43 AM

Not until after the cases ship to the people that ordered them and we see how many extras there are. This could be a little while yet since the cases are still in production.

mikeC
06-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Brian, any news on We're all in this together? Is this a summer or fall release?

Brian James Freeman
06-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Brian, any news on We're all in this together? Is this a summer or fall release?

I'm thinking fall... Everything has come together very nicely, we just need to clear some room in the warehouse before we send anything else to the printer... we have 10 books there right now and THE SHINING is going next month, so Dan will be very, very busy. :)

Brian

Brian861
06-01-2016, 10:04 AM

Without.

Brian

Brian, would it be possible that you guys could revisit the idea not to produce slipcases for the lettered? This is going to be a really nice set and I feel the lettered should at least be afforded some protection. Besides, I know you're just as nuts about slipcases as I am :).

Brian James Freeman
06-01-2016, 10:53 AM

Without.

Brian

Brian, would it be possible that you guys could revisit the idea not to produce slipcases for the lettered? This is going to be a really nice set and I feel the lettered should at least be afforded some protection. Besides, I know you're just as nuts about slipcases as I am :).

I'm definitely thinking about some ideas in that area... Will post if anything comes of it!

Brian

jonp
06-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi Brian,

Is the contents of The Shining set in stone and cannot be changed? I have acquired a copy of the original manuscript of The Shine and it has numerous extra deleted scenes and includes After The Play. I have put photos up in my collection thread and details of most deleted passages.
Jon

Brian James Freeman
06-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Hi Brian,

Is the contents of The Shining set in stone and cannot be changed? I have acquired a copy of the original manuscript of The Shine and it has numerous extra deleted scenes and includes After The Play. I have put photos up in my collection thread and details of most deleted passages.
Jon

I have been reading your posts with great interest. Watch for a PM when I get home!

Brian

Br!an
06-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Some of the deleted material is quite good. It would be nice to see it in print.

carlosdetweiller
06-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi Brian,

Jon

I have been reading your posts with great interest. Watch for a PM when I get home!

Brian

I find this discovery very exciting.

webstar1000
06-01-2016, 01:48 PM

As do I....

Ben Mears
06-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi Brian,

Jon

Brian

I can't speak for others on the board or CD The Shining customers outside of TDT.org but if the files haven't gone to the printer yet I would be willing to accept a delay in publication if this material (After The Play and the deleted scenes) could be included. If it costs a few extra $ that would be OK as well.

Tommy
06-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Hi Brian,

Jon

Brian

I can't speak for others on the board or CD The Shining customers outside of TDT.org but if the files haven't gone to the printer yet I would be willing to accept a delay in publication if this material (After The Play and the deleted scenes) could be included. If it cost a few extra $ that would be OK as well.

I'll second that for sure!

carlosdetweiller
06-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I'm being Captain Obvious here but it won't get off the ground unless King agrees. The material at the end may be one thing but asking a writer to include material he has already by his own choice deleted is another.

NoAttitudeThisTime
06-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Wasn't it the publishers who made that decision? But true, there's a big possibility that King is not interested...except that he will surely be happy since After the Play has also been lost to him in all these years

carlosdetweiller
06-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I'll bet there is a copy of the manuscript in the King archives at U of Maine-Orono. Has King himself ever said it was lost? I can't remember.

Randall Flagg
06-01-2016, 04:29 PM
I'm being Captain Obvious here but it won't get off the ground unless King agrees. The material at the end may be one thing but asking a writer to include material he has already by his own choice deleted is another.
I agree. Without King's express consent (leaving all other CR issues out of the hurdles), I'd be shocked if CD would publish the material. There may have been situations in the past where a 3rd party had something that King himself did not possess, and they were obtained and "returned" to SK.

It still makes for great reading and I anxiously await the outcome.

Randall Flagg
06-01-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm sure jonp's PM box is full. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the CR "police" on the site have contacted him...(wanting a confidential copy)

Full disclosure:

I haven't tried to contact him, so I do not know for a fact that his PM box is full. Pure speculation on my part.

TCCBodhi
06-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Very interesting developments today!

herbertwest
06-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Does the manuscript includes AFTER THE PLAY??

burial
06-02-2016, 12:32 AM

It includes segment named "After" that consists of "Chapter 58 Newslog" (unavailable in printed book) and "Chapter 59 Summer" (that one is included in final book as chapter 58).

peripheral
06-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Hi Brian,

Jon

Brian

Oh... wow...

Brian861
06-02-2016, 02:14 AM

Without.

Brian

I'm definitely thinking about some ideas in that area... Will post if anything comes of it!

Brian

:thumbsup:

Brian861
06-02-2016, 02:18 AM

Never any harm in asking as my mother used to tell me. Of course the answer was usually "No" :).

NoAttitudeThisTime
06-02-2016, 03:50 AM

It seems to be an early version of After the Play. The four deleted pages are the Newslog chapter and the rest is the chapter Summer (the only part that ever made it into the final novel). But since there is no Before (or Before the Play) in jonp's manuscript, it seems that King wrote Before the Play AFTER After the Play. Very interesting

ruderabbit
06-02-2016, 04:08 AM

That's a religion I could get behind. :rock:

burial
06-02-2016, 04:19 AM

It seems to be an early version of After the Play. The four deleted pages are the Newslog chapter and the rest is the chapter Summer (the only part that ever made it into the final novel). But since there is no Before (or Before the Play) in jonp's manuscript, it seems that King wrote Before the Play AFTER After the Play. Very interesting

Well... it is also possible that this is not the first draft. It might be later version where "Before the Play" was deleted earlier, but still with "After" segment. It is possible that chapter 58 Newslog was removed during next run of corrections

Beverly Marsh
06-02-2016, 05:29 AM
All of this is quite intriguing and congrats jon on your get! Whatever happens, this is going to be a great production.

St. Troy
06-02-2016, 05:57 AM
Kudos to CD for (apparently) looking into the possibility of improving something that has already sold out (think about that for a second).

Theli
06-02-2016, 06:46 AM
I must say this is truly intriguing! I hope something comes of it, it'd be just one more thing to make this already stellar edition unique.

Brian James Freeman
06-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Kudos to CD for (apparently) looking into the possibility of improving something that has already sold out (think about that for a second).

I know it probably wouldn't make sense to a big company, but we really do absolutely love working on these books and we do try to make them into the editions WE would like to own.

I should have news on this soon. Stay tuned!

Brian

Ari_Racing
06-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Hey Brian!

I sent you an email inquiring about some orders! :)

Brian James Freeman
06-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Hey Brian!

I sent you an email inquiring about some orders! :)

Oh yeah, I asked Mindy to look into it for you, but I forgot to tell you she would be in touch. :)

Ari_Racing
06-03-2016, 11:40 AM
:) Thanks!

swintek
06-03-2016, 12:27 PM

I know it probably wouldn't make sense to a big company, but we really do absolutely love working on these books and we do try to make them into the editions WE would like to own.

Brian

That is the second coolest post in this thread. (The first, obviously, being the material emerging, seemingly out of the blue!)

T-Dogz_AK47
06-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Brian

That, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why the staff at Cemetery Dance are the best in the business - they love their job, and will put this passion before any profit. :thumbsup:

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine."
- Ludwig van Beethoven

Theli
06-03-2016, 01:19 PM

Brian

You're the man Brian! Even if nothing comes of this I respect your fervour in the pursuit of book awesomeness.

Br!an
06-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Cosign!

Brian861
06-03-2016, 10:35 PM

Brian

That, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why the staff at Cemetery Dance are the best in the business - they love their job, and will put this passion before any profit. :thumbsup:

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine."
- Ludwig van Beethoven

+1, Tim! Couldn't agree more! Even the remote possibility is way above and beyond what any of us could ask for. And kudos to Jon, aka jonp, for giving CD the chance before any others.
Speaking of which, I received my AE today!! So why I'm I here chatting with you clowns when I should be opening that bad boy up!! :confused:

peripheral
06-03-2016, 10:50 PM
This really is blowing my mind a little. From Jon randomly showcasing a rare collectible, to that (and this site) potentially influencing the outcome of a SK limited edition through CD's incredible approach to their projects. As has been said, even if nothing can come of it, the very prospect is amazing.

Randall Flagg
06-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Here are a few of the remarques that Don Maitz has done for the CD edition of The Shining. They are in graphite with accents in colored pencil.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049207-Shining%20Rmarque%201%20.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049219-Shining%20Rmarque%202.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049232-Shining%20Rmarque%203%20.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049243-Shining%20Rmarque%204%20.jpg

Lovejoygirl14
06-04-2016, 06:29 AM
I'm still looking for the CD edition of the fireman, with the slipcase. ��

burial
06-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Here are a few of the remarques that Don Maitz has done for the CD edition of The Shining.

Oh hell... it hurts so much...

Theli
06-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh man, I'm excited!

AstroDad
06-04-2016, 08:47 AM
Here are a dew of the remarques that Don Maitz has done for the CD edition of The Shining.

oh man, those are beautiful. so excited!

Those that missed out this time, hopefully he does the art portfolio too and you can get in on that one!

T-Dogz_AK47
06-04-2016, 10:07 AM

Brian

- Ludwig van Beethoven

+1, Tim! Couldn't agree more! Even the remote possibility is way above and beyond what any of us could ask for. And kudos to Jon, aka jonp, for giving CD the chance before any others.
Speaking of which, I received my AE today!! So why I'm I here chatting with you clowns when I should be opening that bad boy up!! :confused:

Get that bad boy opened up and post pics of it all over this thread!

That wasn't a request. LOL!

Brian861
06-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Get that bad boy opened up and post pics of it all over this thread! That wasn't a request. LOL!

Yes, Sir!! Unfortunately, it has some issues that I'll need to email Mindy about. Bumped corner and what appears to be some type of scratch marks on the rear of the DJ. Not sure if Barlow got impatient en route or what :). Still, it is a huge, beautiful book. I'll try and post some pics later this evening. Maw saying chores before play :cry:

Brian861
06-04-2016, 10:22 AM

I believe somewhere up thread, Dan (from CD) stated it'd be awhile due to trying to get 'Salem out the door first. Also, slipcases are probably still in production.

T-Dogz_AK47
06-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Get that bad boy opened up and post pics of it all over this thread! That wasn't a request. LOL!

Yes, Sir!! Unfortunately, it has some issues that I'll need to email Mindy about. Bumped corner and what appears to be some type of scratch marks on the rear of the DJ. Not sure if Barlow got impatient en route or what :). Still, it is a huge, beautiful book. I'll try and post some pics later this evening. Maw saying chores before play :cry:

Sorry to hear about the damaged book, my friend! Don't panic though, because I'm absolutely certain that Mindy will make things right for you - she is awesome!

bdwyer19
06-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Brian/Dan - Is there a limited time that the End of Watch slipcase will be available, or is it open-ended? With the book tour coming up, I'd like to make sure I have a signed copy before purchasing the slipcase.

Jimimck
06-04-2016, 03:30 PM

Sorry to hear about the damaged book, my friend! Don't panic though, because I'm absolutely certain that Mindy will make things right for you - she is awesome!

God your avatar is cool.

Br!an
06-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Brian/Dan - Is there a limited time that the End of Watch slipcase will be available, or is it open-ended? With the book tour coming up, I'd like to make sure I have a signed copy before purchasing the slipcase.
I received this email yesterday and placed my order pronto.

In case you missed the news, we’re very pleased to report we’ll be receiving copies of END OF WATCH, the new novel by Stephen King and THIS WEEK is your last chance to preorder our custom-made, aftermarket slipcase for this title! ** Read more about this exciting new novel or place your order while supplies last:
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king113

Why wait? You know you want one.

bdwyer19
06-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I missed that email. Well, that and I'm not really caught up with my inbox. At any rate, it looks like I'll be placing an order this weekend. Thanks Brian!!

Brian861
06-04-2016, 04:46 PM

That she is!

Brian James Freeman
06-04-2016, 07:19 PM

We'll be taking it off the site on Monday, so we can start production with a firm count for our slipcase maker, but I am ordering 25 extras to cover any that get damaged or lost when we ship to our customers, so we WILL have extras to offer in August.

Brian

Ben Eads
06-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Me too!

Ben Eads
06-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Here are a few of the remarques that Don Maitz has done for the CD edition of The Shining. They are in graphite with accents in colored pencil.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049207-Shining%20Rmarque%201%20.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049219-Shining%20Rmarque%202.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049232-Shining%20Rmarque%203%20.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1465049243-Shining%20Rmarque%204%20.jpg

I love Don's work. Wow!

CD knocked another one out of the ballpark!

Brian861
06-04-2016, 10:55 PM
I missed that email. Well, that and I'm not really caught up with my inbox. At any rate, it looks like I'll be placing an order this weekend. Thanks Brian!!

I didn't receive that email either but ordered several when it was first announced. Matter of fact, Brian (bdwyer19), I think I ordered several too many if you want to wait til they arrive and I can cut you a deal on one.

Brian861
06-05-2016, 05:30 PM

Posted over on my collection thread, Tim :).

bdwyer19
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM

We'll be taking it off the site on Monday, so we can start production with a firm count for our slipcase maker, but I am ordering 25 extras to cover any that get damaged or lost when we ship to our customers, so we WILL have extras to offer in August.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Ordered with a gift certficate. I'm liking my chances for a signed EOW on Wednesday, but if not, it shouldn't be too hard to come across a signed copy that will eventually need to be slipcased.

T-Dogz_AK47
06-06-2016, 12:55 AM

Posted over on my collection thread, Tim :).

Yep, that is one killer edition my friend! An absolutely stunning book! Congratulations!!!! :clap:

T-Dogz_AK47
06-06-2016, 12:57 AM

God your avatar is cool.

Thanks James! Although this year's HF fundraiser has finished, I thought I would continue with the superhero theme.... ;)

DanHocker
06-06-2016, 06:11 AM

I believe somewhere up thread, Dan (from CD) stated it'd be awhile due to trying to get 'Salem out the door first. Also, slipcases are probably still in production.

Yep. I'm hoping we'll be completely done with Salem's Lot this week (remarques and all) and shipping The Fireman to anyone who just ordered the book next week. The slipcase will still be a little while yet, the book only just came out and it takes a minimum of 5 weeks to have a slipcase produced. Brian should have a better idea than I do of when that'll be done.

Brian James Freeman
06-06-2016, 06:44 AM

Yep. I'm hoping we'll be completely done with Salem's Lot this week (remarques and all) and shipping The Fireman to anyone who just ordered the book next week. The slipcase will still be a little while yet, the book only just came out and it takes a minimum of 5 weeks to have a slipcase produced. Brian should have a better idea than I do of when that'll be done.

10 to 12 weeks for slipcases from the time we get a finished book. ;) I'm approving the hot foil stamping design today, so August is looking very likely for THE FIREMAN slipcases!

Brian

DanHocker
06-06-2016, 06:54 AM

10 to 12 weeks for slipcases from the time we get a finished book. ;) I'm approving the hot foil stamping design today, so August is looking very likely for THE FIREMAN slipcases!

Brian

Hmm I must've been thinking of something else that was the minimum of 5 weeks.

Brian James Freeman
06-06-2016, 07:19 AM
I'm placing the final order for THE FIREMAN slipcase today if anyone wants to get an order in real quick:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES044

Brian