PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 09:48 AM
After the work if it were opposite day.

HA! Love that.

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Put up or shut up you two! :tongue1::lol:

HA! The official announcement will be out the door within the next 24 hours, so it's probably safe for me to say what is being referenced above is easily my favorite "bonus feature" we've ever gotten for a book. It's not often that you get to restore a classic, groundbreaking work to the author's original vision... (Did I say too much there?)

Also, THE SHINING will be headed to the printer in June. :)

Brian

Lol! Aha! I THINK I know what you might mean....;) If it is what I'm thinking of then I agree, that is indeed an exciting as all get out bonus!! (not that you hinted or anything....)

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 09:51 AM

I know members of 'the club" can't spill state secrets but someone has to give ya a liiiittle hell for the teasing ;)

Then it's a perfect reason to join the CDCC - you get sent the juiciest news straight to your inbox....

Forget CNN. Wolf Blitzer has nothing on the news that the CDCC can deliver! :P

I certainly like CD's news better than CNN's ;) Much happier stuff.

Brian861
05-11-2016, 03:11 PM

I know members of 'the club" can't spill state secrets but someone has to give ya a liiiittle hell for the teasing ;)

Excited to find out what you guys are referring to! Sounds rightly intriguing.....

First rule of CDCC, Bev :)

Then it's a perfect reason to join the CDCC - you get sent the juiciest news straight to your inbox....

Forget CNN. Wolf Blitzer has nothing on the news that the CDCC can deliver! :P

Amen, brother! Glad I preordered this puppy a few months back :). Said State Secret wasn't even revealed at that time so this has made me all that more stoked for it. :excited: Now it will be interesting to see if my prediction for this book will come to pass. Brian, outstanding job to you and the whole CD gang. Hard to 1 up you guys when ya keep doing it yourselves :).

webstar1000
05-11-2016, 03:12 PM
King is signing this book.

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 04:04 PM

I wish! :)

Brian

allasorte
05-11-2016, 04:12 PM

Brian
King marked it with a thumb print? He breathed on them? Do we get dental records with each purchase? Personally, I'd love an axe with my book :).

Dan
05-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I thought King would only sign one for Lot Guy.

Brian861
05-11-2016, 04:50 PM

Brian
King marked it with a thumb print? He breathed on them? Do we get dental records with each purchase? Personally, I'd love an axe with my book :).

Now that would be freakin' cool, but I'd prefer a mallet to stay true to the story. So yea, Brian. We want either mallets or axes, damnit!

I thought King would only sign one for Lot Guy.

:rofl:

Ben Mears
05-12-2016, 03:36 AM
Weeds and The Crate as bonus material for Night Shift?!

stroppygoblin
05-12-2016, 03:42 AM

HA! The official announcement will be out the door within the next 24 hours, so it's probably safe for me to say what is being referenced above is easily my favorite "bonus feature" we've ever gotten for a book. It's not often that you get to restore a classic, groundbreaking work to the author's original vision... (Did I say too much there?)

Brian

There is more than enough information from Brian's post to work out what the bonus feature is. Just do your homework :evil:

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 03:57 AM

Brian

There is more than enough information from Brian's post to work out what the bonus feature is. Just do your homework :evil:

I will bet my guess is right:) AND it is NOT that King is signing it....

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 06:46 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/TheShiningOpening.jpg

Brian

Ari_Racing
05-12-2016, 06:49 AM
Despite the extra content (which I agree it's amazing) it's an incredible news that the book is going to the printer in a month! :)

So...I think it's time to get some news about Night shift! :D

mikeC
05-12-2016, 06:50 AM
Got my Salem's Lot yesterday. Beautiful book. Thank you.

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 06:53 AM
So...I think it's time to get some news about Night shift! :D

Ha.. soon! :)

AKC
05-12-2016, 07:00 AM
The Shining order page is up on the CD site for those that haven't secured their copies.....

Ben Mears
05-12-2016, 07:06 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/TheShiningOpening.jpg

Brian

Looks like some Before The Play bonus material will be included! Sweet.

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 07:21 AM
The Shining order page is up on the CD site for those that haven't secured their copies.....

How cool is it that your artwork is on the order page man??!!!! I would say.... :drool::drool:

AKC
05-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Pretty cool!

Now, if Steve wouldn't have bought the Hotel Gift Edition Cover piece out from underneath me.

Damn authors...

P.S. Just kidding of course. Don gave Steve first-right-of-refusal on all pieces which is standard protocol...

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Cemetery Dance Publications is thrilled to announce our special edition of The Shining by Stephen King, featuring his long lost prologue "Before the Play" restored at the beginning of the novel for the first time anywhere in the world:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king11

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king11large.jpg

Brian

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Brian, how do you expect this one to sell? Any thoughts?

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 07:57 AM

Not sure, but it might sell a little faster than 'Salem's Lot given the prologue and the fact that it's almost ready for the printer. The Gift Edition is now 50% sold out and there are around 100 copies of the Numbered Artist Edition left.

Brian

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 08:00 AM

Not sure, but it might sell a little faster than 'Salem's Lot given the prologue and the fact that it's almost ready for the printer. The Gift Edition is now 50% sold out and there are around 100 copies of the Numbered Artist Edition left.

Brian

Thanks!!

skyofcrack
05-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Brian, can I assume the word-count on Before the Play is the same as when published in Whispers or is this longer than that as well?

amd013
05-12-2016, 08:04 AM
I notice that the Lettered edition is already sold out. Glad I preordered this several months back when I had the chance. Looks like the general public never got an opportunity to buy it, am I correct?

frik
05-12-2016, 08:38 AM
I notice that the Lettered edition is already sold out. Glad I preordered this several months back when I had the chance. Looks like the general public never got an opportunity to buy it, am I correct?

You must be.
When I received the CDCC6 notice yesterday, the lettered was already gone.
I guess they were all spoken for, just like the lettered PS Kingbooks.

sk

Aronstg
05-12-2016, 08:52 AM
I agree that I'm pumped this is heading to the printer so soon and I have to get greedy also and state that I can't wait to hear more about Night Shift. I'm really excited to see Mark's artwork. Also looking forward to finding out who the mystery artist is for the last book.

Brian, Do you guys plan on keeping the gift editions at 3000 copies for the rest of the books in the series or will that change based on how well Salem's Lot sold and how well The Shining will sell?

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Brian, can I assume the word-count on Before the Play is the same as when published in Whispers or is this longer than that as well?

King's office said to use the Whispers text, so it is the same.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 09:06 AM
I agree that I'm pumped this is heading to the printer so soon and I have to get greedy also and state that I can't wait to hear more about Night Shift. I'm really excited to see Mark's artwork. Also looking forward to finding out who the mystery artist is for the last book.

Brian, Do you guys plan on keeping the gift editions at 3000 copies for the rest of the books in the series or will that change based on how well Salem's Lot sold and how well The Shining will sell?

The print runs will remain the same for all of the books. :)

I'm really excited about the interior artwork for NIGHT SHIFT. Illustrations for every story by an artist who really "gets" the mood of the book. His sketches have been nicer than some of the finished artwork I've seen people turn in. Here's a sample and please remember it is just an early sketch:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/NightShiftTrucksSKETCH.jpg

Brian

Brian861
05-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Cemetery Dance Publications is thrilled to announce our special edition of The Shining by Stephen King, featuring his long lost prologue "Before the Play" restored at the beginning of the novel for the first time anywhere in the world:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king11large.jpg

Brian

I haven't gotten the official email yet but I'm going to go ahead and start my predication clock based on the timestamp of this post :).

Brian861
05-12-2016, 09:10 AM

I'm really excited about the interior artwork for NIGHT SHIFT. Illustrations for every story by an artist who really "gets" the mood of the book. His sketches have been nicer than some of the finished artwork I've seen people turn in. Here's a sample and please remember it is just an early sketch:

Brian

Trucks! AKA Maximum Overdrive :).

T-Dogz_AK47
05-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Hi Brian,

Will there be an opportunity to purchase Don Maitz and Glenn Chadbourne remarques for The Shining? :smile:

Brian861
05-12-2016, 09:15 AM

You must be.
I guess they were all spoken for, just like the lettered PS Kingbookj.

sk

I'm guessing it's probably ok to say this now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak. I'm betting the lettereds were first offered to the folks who started with Carrie, etc. Then any remaining were probably snatched up by CDCC members when the early bird announcement was made back in December. I ordered my AE on December 3 according to the telltale purchase confirmation.

CyberGhostface
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Just curious how were you able to acquire the rights to the prologue?

Aronstg
05-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Okay.. yeah now I'm really even more excited about Night Shift!

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 09:32 AM

King's office said to use the Whispers text, so it is the same.

Brian

I sincerely wish Kings office would agree to a book to cap off the set... doesn't have to be big at all but just tells the stories of how these first books all came to be... have King sign that one.. bring the set together with a nice red bow:) :tongue:

Cwalker
05-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Brian

It is true that you guys specialize in horror 'cause this just scared me enough that I'm not waiting for my Sunday payday. Order placed!

Brian861
05-12-2016, 09:51 AM
It is true that you guys specialize in horror 'cause this just scared me enough that I'm not waiting for my Sunday payday. Order placed!

Probably not a bad idea, Chris. Just curious, did ya go for the GE or AE? Either is a great choice for any of these books.

frik
05-12-2016, 09:53 AM

You must be.

sk

I'm guessing it's probably ok to say this now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak. I'm betting the lettereds were first offered to the folks who started with Carrie, etc. Then any remaining were probably snatched up by CDCC members when the early bird announcement was made back in December. I ordered my AE on December 3 according to the telltale purchase confirmation.

Well, I'm a CDCC member and I never saw the limited.
Could be I just missed them.

sk

Cwalker
05-12-2016, 09:55 AM

Probably not a bad idea, Chris. Just curious, did ya go for the GE or AE? Either is a great choice for any of these books.

Went with the GE. The wife is willing to indulge me, but I know better than to push my luck! :)
Besides, with 4 Joe Hill events in my neck of the woods in the next month or so, I need to make sure I have a little on-hand cash. Those kazoo's may be pricey!!! :)

amd013
05-12-2016, 10:29 AM

You must be.

sk

sk

Oh Crap! After reviewing I don't think I do have the Shining Lettered pre-ordered. I was able to preorder the remaining Lettereds because I had ordered the Shinning, but I don't see that in my order list. So I must have gotten that special offer by mistake. Looks like I will have to buy it on the second hand market.

And I was hopping to match letters too. (Letter Y).

Crap! Crap! Crap! :cry::cry::cry:

Oh well, and least I noticed my mistake in time to preorder the gift and artist editions.

webstar1000
05-12-2016, 10:34 AM
I wonder if CD will get the opportunity to ever do anther King signed limited... Still many left to do.... :orely:

mikeC
05-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Brian

How many Don Maitz illustrations will there be?

T-Dogz_AK47
05-12-2016, 11:14 AM
I wonder if CD will get the opportunity to ever do anther King signed limited... Still many left to do.... :orely:

If CD ever do a King signed limited of either Needful Things or Different Seasons, I'll go for the LETTERED edition.... Guaranteed!!! :drool: :excited::clap:

jsmcmullen92
05-12-2016, 11:15 AM

You must be.

sk

sk

Oh Crap! After reviewing I don't think I do have the Shining Lettered pre-ordered. I was able to preorder the remaining Lettereds because I had ordered the Shinning, but I don't see that in my order list. So I must have gotten that special offer by mistake. Looks like I will have to buy it on the second hand market.

Oh well, and least I noticed my mistake in time to preorder the gift and artist editions.

Look back in June. I ordered The Shining 6/17/15 you might have got it.

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Just curious how were you able to acquire the rights to the prologue?

I asked if we could include the text as a bonus feature in the book. I emphasized that we didn't mean to restore it at the beginning of the book because I assumed that would definitely be a "no." The reply I received was, "Sure, and why don't you put it back at the beginning where it belongs?" I agreed that was a fine idea.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Brian

8, I believe.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Hi Brian,

Will there be an opportunity to purchase Don Maitz and Glenn Chadbourne remarques for The Shining? :smile:

Yes, they are working on the sheets this month! We'll offer the upgrade offer before the book goes to the printer in June. Thanks for asking!

Brian

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-12-2016, 11:34 AM

I hope so!

AKC
05-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Brian

8, I believe.

Brian

6 Interiors and 2 Covers....

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Brian

8, I believe.

Brian

6 Interiors and 2 Covers....

Right! And how many of those do you own now? :)

Also, like with the previous books, we will use the cover artwork inside the book as well -- so that all copies have ALL of the artwork.

Brian

AKC
05-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Not enough Mr. Freeman! :)

Don has only 3 of the original pieces left for sale (as of a few months back).

See Don's thread for pics of the 4 that have been acquired. As mentioned, Steve owns the Gift Edition Cover Art of the Hotel which accounts for the 5th one that has been claimed.

herbertwest
05-12-2016, 12:30 PM
It's so tempting now that I have the CD CARRIE. But I already have subterranean press's version and I "dont" collect english versions nor limited editions...

amd013
05-12-2016, 12:50 PM

You must be.

sk

sk

Look back in June. I ordered The Shining 6/17/15 you might have got it.

YAAAAAYYYYY, ok, for some reason it doesn't show up in my order page on CD's web site, but I checked my emails (thankfully I delete very little), and found the confirmation email for the order.

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold)

You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92

Brian861
05-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Went with the GE. The wife is willing to indulge me, but I know better than to push my luck! :)
Besides, with 4 Joe Hill events in my neck of the woods in the next month or so, I need to make sure I have a little on-hand cash. Those kazoo's may be pricey!!! :)

:thumbsup: Lucky you on all the Hill events.

If CD ever do a King signed limited of either Needful Things or Different Seasons, I'll go for the LETTERED edition.... Guaranteed!!! :drool: :excited::clap:

I can't run with you big dogs on the lettereds. And yes, Tim, pun totally intended :). But I'd be all over an AE of both.

I asked if we could include the text as a bonus feature in the book. I emphasized that we didn't mean to restore it at the beginning of the book because I assumed that would definitely be a "no." The reply I received was, "Sure, and why don't you put it back at the beginning where it belongs?" I agreed that was a fine idea. Brian

A true bonus indeed! Just goes to show, never hurts to ask I reckon :).

Hi Brian,

Yes, they are working on the sheets this month! We'll offer the upgrade offer before the book goes to the printer in June. Thanks for asking!Brian

Hopefully I can get in on this. Missed out on the first two.

YAAAAAYYYYY, ok, for some reason it doesn't show up in my order page on CD's web site, but I checked my emails (thankfully I delete very little), and found the confirmation email for the order.

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold) You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92

Good deal, Mike. I'm telling ya. Got to keep all the preorders in their own little folders :).

allasorte
05-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Mindy helped me out with an order that isn't in my past order details on CD but I kept the email from September 24th lol. I hate clutter so the itch to delete it has been great. She is a real lifesaver. It was for one of the PS limited editions. I'll have to watch for when PS ships them to remind her about it. It should be fine though.

jsmcmullen92
05-13-2016, 04:15 AM

Maybe I should contact Mindy to make sure its not lost somehow. (if so hope that doesn't mean my copy was resold)

You're a lifesaver jsmcmullen92

No problem. It took me a while to find it since there order page on the site shows orders oldest to newest. So the top of the list for me is 2014 and couldn't figure out why I was seeing books I dont remember :lol:

AstroDad
05-13-2016, 04:34 AM
if you don't order through the site it won't be in your order list, they have no way of including it when they process the order for you manually. I have had several orders like that and they have all come through just fine when they were supposed to, but I agree that when you forget that you did it through Mindy it can catch you off guard when it isn't in your order history and you have that moment of panic that you thought you ordered it and now it is sold out :panic:

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 05:52 AM
The Shining is selling very quickly: The Lettered Artist Edition is already sold out, the Numbered Artist Edition is now 90% sold out, and the Slipcased Gift Edition is already 75% sold out. This is WAY ahead of 'SALEM'S LOT.

Brian

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 06:04 AM
The Shining is selling very quickly: The Lettered Artist Edition is already sold out, the Numbered Artist Edition is now 90% sold out, and the Slipcased Gift Edition is already 75% sold out. This is WAY ahead of 'SALEM'S LOT.

Brian

WOW. That is really fast...

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 06:10 AM

Brian

WOW. That is really fast...

I figure the Gift Edition will slow down here today, but the AE will be gone by the time we get ready to leave the office for sure.

Brian

dnemec
05-13-2016, 06:16 AM
You know, when the Doubledays were announced, I decided I was not going to buy them and focus my collecting elsewhere. And yet somehow, I have Carrie and 'Salem's Lot on my shelf, and I just ordered The Shining. Interesting how that happens...

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 06:51 AM

Brian
Awesome! Congrats guys and gals!!

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 06:55 AM

Brian
I know it's all about The Shining right now, as well it should be, and I can't wait for it! I'm excited to see what SK writes in his intro, hopefully some Before the Play tidbits.
Personally though, THIS is the book I'm most excited for. I absolutely love Night Shift and seeing this teaser has me in even more of a tizzy. I'm psyched that this book is getting shown the love that it deserves and I know it's going to be a fantastic edition.
The first three in the series I bought the GE's, the last three will be all AE's for me!

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 06:55 AM
I bet Stand sells out fastest... my guess anyways:)

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 06:57 AM
You know, when the Doubledays were announced, I decided I was not going to buy them and focus my collecting elsewhere. And yet somehow, I have Carrie and 'Salem's Lot on my shelf, and I just ordered The Shining. Interesting how that happens...

I hope you dig how the set looks on your bookshelf if you end up with all of them! We're trying to create a great set of books. Our goal isn't to "top" previous Limited Editions, as I've noted, but we're hoping this will be a real fun and special set of books when all is said and done.

Brian

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 06:58 AM

I hope you dig how the set looks on your bookshelf if you end up with all of them! We're trying to create a great set of books. Our goal isn't to "top" previous Limited Editions, as I've noted, but we're hoping this will be a real fun and special set of books when all is said and done.

Brian

Wish our main man RF had a "like" or "love" button installed... Cause I would give you both:)

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 06:58 AM
I know it's all about The Shining right now, as well it should be, and I can't wait for it! I'm excited to see what SK writes in his intro, hopefully some Before the Play tidbits.
Personally though, THIS is the book I'm most excited for. I absolutely love Night Shift and seeing this teaser has me in even more of a tizzy. I'm psyched that this book is getting shown the love that it deserves and I know it's going to be a fantastic edition.
The first three in the series I bought the GE's, the last three will be all AE's for me!

I am SO in love with the artwork for Night Shift and all I have are "sketches" like the one above. I cannot wait until the book is deep in production and I can really start showing off some finished art.

Brian

firemonkey66
05-13-2016, 07:01 AM

I am SO in love with the artwork for Night Shift and all I have are "sketches" like the one above. I cannot wait until the book is deep in production and I can really start showing off some finished art.

Brian

I'm looking forward to Night Shift more than any of the others. Those stories were some of the most visceral and frightening things that I had the pleasure of reading in my childhood. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they are interpreted into the artwork, and the above sketch is already a fantastic start!

Anubis2347
05-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Have all the Deluxe artist copies of Salems Lot shipped?

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:11 AM

Brian

I'm looking forward to Night Shift more than any of the others. Those stories were some of the most visceral and frightening things that I had the pleasure of reading in my childhood. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they are interpreted into the artwork, and the above sketch is already a fantastic start!

+1, except I can't until I "spread some reputation around" (which just sounds wrong unto itself. lol) This is a big childhood favorite for me as well so it has total sentimental value.

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:12 AM
Have all the Deluxe artist copies of Salems Lot shipped?

No, we're still waiting on the traycases, which are now three weeks late arriving. This is the first time this vendor has ever been so late for us, and it's causing a big headache in the warehouse because it's a lot of very big books to store! We should have the first batch of traycases next week, though, and will begin shipping ASAP. Sorry about the wait!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:13 AM
+1, except I can't until I "spread some reputation around" (which just sounds wrong unto itself. lol) This is a big childhood favorite for me as well so it has total sentimental value.

I click the Rep button on your behalf since I apparently have been spreading it around... ha!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:14 AM
I'll see if i can post another sketch from Night Shift if there's interest in seeing more. The book enters the design phase next month, so there's still a lot to do before publication, but I think it's going to be beautiful.

Brian

Anubis2347
05-13-2016, 07:18 AM
Yes please post more and any chance of a sneak peak if anything is ready for The Stand?

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 07:25 AM
Yes please post more and any chance of a sneak peak if anything is ready for The Stand?

+11111111111111111111111111

dnemec
05-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Brian

They are gorgeous, Brian. That's why I keep buying them! And I love the art from The Shining. Can't wait to see (and most likely) the rest of them!

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:29 AM

I will see what I can do. :)

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:29 AM

I click the Rep button on your behalf since I apparently have been spreading it around... ha!

Brian
Hahaha! Thank you. I see the red light above our heads....

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:30 AM
I'll see if i can post another sketch from Night Shift if there's interest in seeing more. The book enters the design phase next month, so there's still a lot to do before publication, but I think it's going to be beautiful.

Brian

More interest? Hell, you can have my first born!

becca69
05-13-2016, 07:34 AM
Hey Brian,

Any idea when PS 'Salem's Lot will be shipping or if you even have them yet?

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Hey Brian,

We haven't received them yet, so I'll need to drop Pete a line for an update. We haven't talked about those in a while. I can't wait to see them!

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Hey Brian,

Obviously I'm not Brian, lol but the PS newsletter from today said that the introduction was recently approved and they're now waiting for the artist signed sheets. Looks like we have a bit more of a wait for this.

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 07:45 AM
One more sneak peek at a SKETCH for the artwork for NIGHT SHIFT, but please note it is just an early sketch and the perspective or other elements or even the scene selected could change completely for the final artwork:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/NightShiftFlowersSKETCH.jpg

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:49 AM
One more sneak peek at a SKETCH for the artwork for NIGHT SHIFT, but please note it is just an early sketch and the perspective or other elements or even the scene selected could change completely for the final artwork:

Brian

Oh my god, this is so amazing. Whether or not they end up in the final product these sketches are a SURE sign that the artwork is going to be brilliant.
Thank you for sharing!
P.S. I don't actually have a first born ;)

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 08:03 AM

Brian

Oh my god, this is so amazing. Whether or not they end up in the final product these sketches are a SURE sign that the artwork is going to be brilliant.
Thank you for sharing!

If the artist didn't work OVER them, I'd love to include both the sketch and the final piece in the Artwork Portfolio, but that's really putting the horse before the cart. Lots to do before then!

Brian

Theli
05-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Brain is the artist one that CD has worked with or has worked on a King work before, or someone newer to the field? I feel like the style seems familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. To me the sketches have a bit of an old school horror comic book feel to it.

St. Troy
05-13-2016, 09:17 AM

The Stand is still two books away - surely there isn't anything being done yet on that (other than the planning and signing of contracts)?

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Brain is the artist one that CD has worked with or has worked on a King work before, or someone newer to the field? I feel like the style seems familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. To me the sketches have a bit of an old school horror comic book feel to it.

They look like Alan M Clark.

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 09:19 AM

The Stand is still two books away - surely there isn't anything being done yet on that (other than the planning and signing of contracts)?

Pretty sure that some of the art has been completed. Brian posted a prelim last year. I'm guessing he has some art samples already.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-13-2016, 09:24 AM

Then artist for Night Shift is Mark Stutzman.

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 09:25 AM

:)

Brian861
05-13-2016, 09:27 AM

I'd agree, Kris. Within 36 hours of public announcement? I predicated 48 for this one (The Shining). Might be close but I think some GEs will still be available beyond that. Not for long though I'd say. The Shining has always been sentimental to me as I'm roughly the same age that Danny would be. I've always felt connected to it in that way. The Stand is my absolute favorite King book so totally stoked for that one. Really looking forward to Pet as well. Such a dark book, can't wait to see the images the artist produce for that one.

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 09:32 AM

I'd agree, Kris. Within 36 hours of public announcement? I predicated 48 for this one (The Shining). Might be close but I think some GEs will still be available beyond that. Not for long though I'd say. The Shining has always been sentimental to me as I'm roughly the same age that Danny would be. I've always felt connected to it in that way. The Stand is my absolute favorite King book so totally stoked for that one. Really looking forward to Pet as well. Such a dark book, can't wait to see the images the artist produce for that one.

That is a little aggressive. I don't think The Shining Gift Editions will sell out for another couple of months. There are still a lot of copies left and I think after that initial rush, things probably slow down. It is nice to see that these books are picking up steam though and hopefully each one will become more popular. I think people have seen what CD has done with Carrie and Salem's Lot and know that the rest of the books in the series will be top notch.

Theli
05-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Very cool! I feel like that may have been revealed in an e-mail but I must have forgotten. Thanks.

allasorte
05-13-2016, 09:58 AM

That is a little aggressive. I don't think The Shining Gift Editions will sell out for another couple of months. There are still a lot of copies left and I think after that initial rush, things probably slow down. It is nice to see that these books are picking up steam though and hopefully each one will become more popular. I think people have seen what CD has done with Carrie and Salem's Lot and know that the rest of the books in the series will be top notch.

Just got an email from CD saying the gift editions are 77% sold out, lettered sold out and the artist signed ones are 93% sold out. So I got nervous and just ordered the gift edition. Selling out much faster then we both thought.

Brian861
05-13-2016, 10:09 AM

Just got an email from CD saying the gift editions are 77% sold out, lettered sold out and the artist signed ones are 93% sold out. So I got nervous and just ordered the gift edition. Selling out much faster then we both thought.

Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades I'd say :D. The GEs for 'Salem's Lot are already going for $450 or so on eBay :).

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 10:18 AM

Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades I'd say :D. The GEs for 'Salem's Lot are already going for $450 or so on eBay :).

I will be shocked if a single one sells. Hell I will be selling my Palumbo remarqued copy for less than that. haha

Theli
05-13-2016, 10:36 AM

I will be shocked if a single one sells. Hell I will be selling my Palumbo remarqued copy for less than that. haha

To me? Seriously, PM me.

Brian, I see the AE editions going for $450, and even that will drop soon enough I think.

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 10:44 AM

Cover artist definitely has; interior artist has not as far as I know!

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 10:45 AM

Artwork is 50% completed, but design hasn't been started yet.

Brian

Anubis2347
05-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Can we see some art?

Theli
05-13-2016, 10:47 AM

Interesting... two different artists for this edition (or will it be 3 with Chadbourne as well?). You've successfully piqued my interest... again.

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 10:49 AM

Okay.. not Alan Clark then. Can't wait to hear who this interior artist is!

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 10:50 AM

Interesting... two different artists for this edition (or will it be 3 with Chadbourne as well?). You've successfully piqued my interest... again.

ALmost a Bernie Wrightson feel.... no wait... do NOT tease me...

Ari_Racing
05-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Mark Stutzman has been a favorite of mine since I saw the cover artwork for Everything's eventual. He's an AMAZING artist and I suggested his name as artist for a S/L a hundred times. I've been in touch with him for several years now (more than ten years already), I met him in 2009 during Under the Dome's event in NYC and a couple of times I sent him contact addresses of publishers so he could send those companies his portfolio and be considered for works. For those that might not know, he did the cover artwork for Everything's Eventual, From a Buick 8, Lisey's Story, Duma Key and Cell (and there's another book but the piece was not used at the end). Very talented artist and wonderful person. And it's a great news that he's the illustrator of Night Shift. King used to say he loved the book and he saw each story as little films. Illustrations for this book will surely be really powerful.

I loved both preliminary works for Night Shift! Please, Brian, post more and (if possible, of course!) a finished work.

I know the artist for The Stand (can't remember if he was officially announced but he's someone many people here know) but we're all still waiting for the artist for Pet Sematary! Brian...yes, that's another favour I (and probably many more) are asking! :)

burial
05-13-2016, 11:32 AM
I know the artist for The Stand (can't remember if he was officially announced but he's someone many people here know) but we're all still waiting for the artist for Pet Sematary! Brian...yes, that's another favour I (and probably many more) are asking! :)

Ned Dameron ;)

And i'm also waiting for Pet Sematary artist...

Anubis2347
05-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Love Ned Dameron's work, I am extremely happy he is doing The Stand.

Brian James Freeman
05-13-2016, 11:51 AM

In that case, here's a little preview for you:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/thestandpreview01.jpg

Brian

Ari_Racing
05-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Ned is gonna rock it as well.

Brian, any clues regarding the artist for Pet Sematary? Did he work in a King's book before? :)

Randall Flagg
05-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Then get to work.
In 9 months you can make a valuable exchange for books.

Aronstg
05-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Ned is gonna rock it as well.

Brian, any clues regarding the artist for Pet Sematary? Did he work in a King's book before? :)

He loves to torture us Ari :)

Randall Flagg
05-13-2016, 12:06 PM

In that case, here's a little preview for you:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/thestandpreview01.jpg

Brian

Our most recently closed auction gives an idea of what Dameron is capable of:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1460062070-Stand%20w%20Dameron%20art%202%20page%20art%20950x6 34.JPG

Brian861
05-13-2016, 10:22 PM

[Brian, I see the AE editions going for $450, and even that will drop soon enough I think.

Was just be facetious, gentlemen ;). Not sure if another GE will out sale it's retail like IT has. Maybe The Stand possibly?? Opinions?

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2016, 04:44 AM
The Numbered Artist Edition of THE SHINING has sold out!

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
05-14-2016, 04:45 AM

Brian

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

frik
05-14-2016, 05:15 AM

Brian

That's awesome! A huge CONGRATULATIONS to the Cemetery Dance team - and to us, the lucky buyers!!

sk

Br!an
05-14-2016, 09:43 AM

You must be.

sk

sk

I might be misremembering :orely: but I thought I saw the lettered offered when I received the 'match your number' email. I'm fairly sure it was since my recollection of the price (out of my budget) is correct.

Brian861
05-14-2016, 12:25 PM

Brian

As Meatloaf once sang, "Two of three ain't bad" :). Congrats CD Team. I'm sure the GE will soon meet with the same fate.

Randall Flagg
05-14-2016, 02:12 PM
The book was offered quite some time ago to club members and buyers of previous lettered editions (as it should be).

Brian861
05-14-2016, 02:15 PM
The book was offered quite some time ago to club members and buyers of previous lettered editions (as it should be).

Agreed.

firemonkey66
05-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Has anyone ever bought a gift certificate from Cemetery Dance? Do they actually mail you a physical gift card or do they e-mail you a code? I ask because I purchased one on Friday morning and it prompted me to pay for first class shipping on it, which I did, but then in the order confirmation it says that you are supposed to be e-mailed 'certificate redemption information' within 30 minutes, and if you aren't, to respond to the order confirmation e-mail. I didn't realize this until Friday evening and I never received an e-mail with redemption information, so I responded to the order confirmation e-mail, but I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if they're closed on the weekends or something and I just kind of want to know how it normally goes and/or what to expect. I hate not knowing stuff, so any input or advice on the CD gift certificate process would be most appreciated (and will help to quiet my need-to-know OCD:) ).

Dan
05-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Has anyone ever bought a gift certificate from Cemetery Dance? Do they actually mail you a physical gift card or do they e-mail you a code? I ask because I purchased one on Friday morning and it prompted me to pay for first class shipping on it, which I did, but then in the order confirmation it says that you are supposed to be e-mailed 'certificate redemption information' within 30 minutes, and if you aren't, to respond to the order confirmation e-mail. I didn't realize this until Friday evening and I never received an e-mail with redemption information, so I responded to the order confirmation e-mail, but I haven't heard anything back. I don't know if they're closed on the weekends or something and I just kind of want to know how it normally goes and/or what to expect. I hate not knowing stuff, so any input or advice on the CD gift certificate process would be most appreciated (and will help to quiet my need-to-know OCD:) ).

Dude, you're hosed!

Just kidding. Most likely Mindy will send you an email on Monday. Apparently, the workers at CD have families and lives also.

firemonkey66
05-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Dude, you're hosed!

Just kidding. Most likely Mindy will send you an email on Monday. Apparently, the workers at CD have families and lives also.

Haha, damn families. I was expecting snail mail anyway. It was reading the order confirmation later on and realizing it might be an electronic gift certificate that threw me for a loop.

Brian861
05-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Where's Siep when ya need him, lol. He asked a 1000 and 1 questions on this very subject awhile back over on the CD forum. Don't remember him saying anything about the shipping deal though. I do know it's all electronic and I believe the balance info is kept under your account tab.

P.S. Just razzin' ya, Siep if you should read this :). Nothing but love for ya, buddy :huglove:

Edit: You should also think about joining the CDCC later this year if it's offered. They offer a helluva deal on GCs once a year for club members.

Randall Flagg
05-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Dude, you're hosed!

I believe Betts Books are the last major SK reatiler to offer physical gift certificates.

If you want to donate $100 to our 2016 Fundraiser, I'll send you a physical certificate of appreciation.

Brian861
05-14-2016, 05:07 PM
I believe Betts Books are the last major SK reatiler to offer physical gift certificates. If you want to donate $100 to our 2016 Fundraiser, I'll send you a physical certificate of appreciation.

Or be the envy of your friends and neighbors and score an official autographed TDT.org postcard. Signed by our own Jerome Smith and his alter ego, the man himself, Randall Flagg. :).

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Yep, it should have been emailed to you at nearly the exact same moment as your order confirmation email, but the system is acting weird lately with subscriptions and Gift Certificates -- saying the shipping option isn't right, etc. Mindy might email you back this weekend, but if not, you should hear from her on Monday with your code! She'll just need to look it up manually in the system. Sorry for the wait!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2016, 05:11 PM
So, um, sales aren't slowing much for the Slipcased Gift Edition of THE SHINING yet. We might be sending a special Sunday edition of our newsletter tomorrow, just so no one is caught off guard if this edition is gone early in the week.

For historical context, our Slipcased Gift Edition of IT was the exact same number of copies, but that edition was still available to be ordered after the book was published. That clearly will not be the case here.

Brian

Brian861
05-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Wow, Brian! I didn't realize that about IT. Get 'em while they're hot folks!

Edit: How far only now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?

Br!an
05-14-2016, 05:22 PM
They issue electronic gift certificates. You are supposed to receive the gift certificate code in a separate email shortly after your order confirmation email. It doesn't always work. :wtf:

If you don't receive the code then protocol is to email Mindy and she will email your gift certificate. They are closed on the weekend. I have emailed Mindy at 5 pm on Friday and received my certificate by 6 pm. So it isn't like they slough off during the work week. I'm sure you will receive your certificate on Monday.

I created a file to keep track of my certificates and open orders. I recommend that every does the same. If the system issues your gift certificate then there might be a record of it on the CD site. If Mindy finds it for you then you must keep track of it. Also if they issue a refund on a purchase that was bought with a certificate they will issue the refund to that certificate and you must keep track of that too.

firemonkey66
05-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Yep, it should have been emailed to you at nearly the exact same moment as your order confirmation email, but the system is acting weird lately with subscriptions and Gift Certificates -- saying the shipping option isn't right, etc. Mindy might email you back this weekend, but if not, you should hear from her on Monday with your code! She'll just need to look it up manually in the system. Sorry for the wait!

Brian

Ahhhhh, okay, I get it now. Thanks for letting me know! I'm a general gift certificate novice, I didn't realize it was all electronic now. Damn kids, with your internet and your electronic gift certificates:)

MLG
05-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Dude, you're hosed!

Haha, damn families. I was expecting snail mail anyway. It was reading the order confirmation later on and realizing it might be an electronic gift certificate that threw me for a loop.

You should receive an email with a gift certificate code as soon as you finalize the order. They seem to have a glitch that causes the code to, in some cases, get generated but not always emailed. I have had it happen to me and Mindy sends the code as soon as she gets the email.

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2016, 06:26 PM

Edit: How far only now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?

A little more than 2600 of the Gift Edition of THE SHINING have already sold.

Brian

Randall Flagg
05-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Or be the envy of your friends and neighbors and score an official autographed TDT.org postcard. Signed by our own Jerome Smith and his alter ego, the man himself, Randall Flagg. :).
Those are extremely rare. In fact fewer than 5 are known to exist.

Brian861
05-14-2016, 07:10 PM

Edit: How far out now, Brian on the GEs being gone out of curiosity?

Brian

:thumbsup:

Brian861
05-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Those are extremely rare. In fact fewer than 5 are known to exist.

Might be a run on acquiring these soon after this post.

carlosdetweiller
05-15-2016, 06:09 AM

Brian

I have no restraint or self control. Never have. I just ordered another one.

Pieter
05-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Will The Shining be available to order at PS Publishing?

wolfehr
05-15-2016, 08:40 AM

Brian

I have no restraint or self control. Never have. I just ordered another one.

I know the feeling! Just picked up the GE so I have a copy I don't feel bad about reading.

Brian James Freeman
05-15-2016, 08:51 AM

Yep, Pete will be getting the same counts as he did for 'Salem's Lot.

Brian

Pieter
05-15-2016, 09:03 AM

Brian

Fantastic! With the savings on the shippingcosts ($64,39 for the USA and £6.99 from the UK) I can almost buy another great book! :rock:

Any idea when the order page will be online at PS?

Brian James Freeman
05-15-2016, 09:41 AM

Brian

Fantastic! With the savings on the shippingcosts ($64,39 for the USA and £6.99 from the UK) I can almost buy another great book! :rock:

Not sure! That's definitely a Pete question. :)

Brian

allasorte
05-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Brian

There is a PS Publishing thread I follow on this site. Pete does follow it and answers questions there. He might be able to answer that for you or perhaps some of the guys on there. Personally I do not know, just giving you another option. You could also go to PS Publishing website, book mark it, and sign up for their emails. They send out a news letter that is quite informative every Friday. Good luck!!!

allasorte
05-15-2016, 09:44 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?16974-PS-Publishing-Stephen-King-Anniversary-Editions
Here Pieter!

Pieter
05-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the information :thumbsup:

Brian861
05-15-2016, 08:56 PM
FWIW. I've always had better lucky getting ahold of Nicky vs. Pete. nickycrowther@pspublishing.co.uk. She's probably the UK version of Mindy :). Plus she's married to the dude.

stroppygoblin
05-16-2016, 01:00 AM
FWIW. I've always had better lucky getting ahold of Nicky vs. Pete. nickycrowther@pspublishing.co.uk. She's probably the UK version of Mindy :). Plus she's married to the dude.

..and therefore must have infinite patience... :evil:

St. Troy
05-16-2016, 09:12 AM
Been reading through this entire thread (yes, from the beginning). I'm not quite to the end yet, but I have some comments:

Dear Cemetery Dance:
A) You are doing God's work; bless you, my children.
B) Please continue to make your books as lavish as you can, and feel free to create (for example) a case with oak double doors with hinges and knobs of brass (for those who don't value the full range of bookporn such as cases, ribbons, silk, foil, cotton, marbled endsheets, etc., there are always paperbacks and Kindle).
C) Please continue to make your books as expensive as you want - in a low-production number business, you have to grab revenues where they exist in order to survive, let alone thrive - and while I can't come close to being able to afford everything, I quite like the fact that those of my fellow bibliohounds (bless them too) who can afford them will pour the necessary funds into your operation, and those books I can't afford are making my world a better place from a distance (I have no lettered It, but I have pictures of it!).
D) Keep up the great work.

Aronstg
05-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Brian

Thanks for recommending the Kindle Scout program. Received my free download today for the Norman Prentiss novel. Looking forward to reading that (in a few months) :)

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 02:16 PM
man, I am so weak...I already have two of each (Numbered and Gift) on order and am tempted to pull the trigger on a 3rd gift. I'm holding off for now, but tempting...

Aronstg
05-16-2016, 02:21 PM
man, I am so weak...I already have two of each (Numbered and Gift) on order and am tempted to pull the trigger on a 3rd gift. I'm holding off for now, but tempting...

I hear you. I had no intention of picking up the GE of these books and so far I've ordered the GE of the last two. Looking like I'll probably end up getting a complete set of the GE along with the AE.

Tommy
05-16-2016, 03:02 PM

You're not weak, you're smart! Cemetery Dance ALWAYS does King right.

allasorte
05-16-2016, 03:20 PM

I hear you. I had no intention of picking up the GE of these books and so far I've ordered the GE of the last two. Looking like I'll probably end up getting a complete set of the GE along with the AE.

I'm doing the same thing too. Looks like I might be looking for more bookcases :)

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 03:34 PM

I'm doing the same thing too. Looks like I might be looking for more bookcases :)

*sigh* Make that 3 Gift Editions...

Brian James Freeman
05-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Been reading through this entire thread (yes, from the beginning). I'm not quite to the end yet, but I have some comments:

Dear Cemetery Dance:
A) You are doing God's work; bless you, my children.
B) Please continue to make your books as lavish as you can, and feel free to create (for example) a case with oak double doors with hinges and knobs of brass (for those who don't value the full range of bookporn such as cases, ribbons, silk, foil, cotton, marbled endsheets, etc., there are always paperbacks and Kindle).
C) Please continue to make your books as expensive as you want - in a low-production number business, you have to grab revenues where they exist in order to survive, let alone thrive - and while I can't come close to being able to afford everything, I quite like the fact that those of my fellow bibliohounds (bless them too) who can afford them will pour the necessary funds into your operation, and those books I can't afford are making my world a better place from a distance (I have no lettered It, but I have pictures of it!).
D) Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the kind post and your contributions to the CD Forum, too!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Brian

Thanks for recommending the Kindle Scout program. Received my free download today for the Norman Prentiss novel. Looking forward to reading that (in a few months) :)

You're welcome! Norman is a great writer and that program seems like a great deal for the author and for the readers who nominate the work!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Some of the asking prices on eBay for our Gift Edition of 'SALEM'S LOT are, um, very flattering. :)

Brian

ruderabbit
05-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Some of the asking prices on eBay for our Gift Edition of 'SALEM'S LOT are, um, very flattering. :)

Brian

Yep, perhaps a bit premature for some of those on there, but soon enough, they will likely be accurate do to market availability.

peripheral
05-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Mine just arrived in Australia. What a beast this thing is. Can't wait until the AE hits. . :smile:

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 05:24 PM
The ones that have ended so far seem to be going for about $200. That's with the natural influx of copies hitting Ebay since it just came out. Will be interesting to see what it does over the next year.

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 05:25 PM
So Brian, did the remarqued Gift editions ship (or are shipping if you are still going) with the other books?

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-16-2016, 05:40 PM

*sigh* Make that 3 Gift Editions...

Haha and now I'm up to 2 Gift editions

AstroDad
05-16-2016, 05:53 PM
We'll sell this thing out ourselves! lol

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Hahaha we're trying

darkseer
05-16-2016, 06:49 PM
Don't have the money for both GE and AE :frown2: So I sold my GE on Ebay, also I want to get remarques for each edition :thumbsup:

Brian861
05-16-2016, 10:42 PM

Dear Cemetery Dance: A) You are doing God's work; bless you, my children.
:nope::nope::nope: CD is the Devil. Every time I open my inbox, there is a little message in there beckoning me. Next thing I know, I wake up from being passed out on the floor and my wallet's missing. With only a order confirmation left behind......

Jimimck
05-16-2016, 11:06 PM
Just noticed the shipping cost for this book internationally. Either this is one very heavy book, or USPS has raised their costs again. $76 to ship a $95 is just too annoying.

And To the CD team, this isn't a dig at you, I know it's outside your control. Just commenting as the shipping isn't generally that high...

T-Dogz_AK47
05-16-2016, 11:13 PM

:nope::nope::nope: CD is the Devil. Every time I open my inbox, there is a little message in there beckoning me. Next thing I know, I wake up from being passed out on the floor and my wallet's missing. With only a order confirmation left behind......

Just noticed the shipping cost for this book internationally. Either this is one very heavy book, or USPS has raised their costs again. $76 to ship a $95 is just too annoying.

And To the CD team, this isn't a dig at you, I know it's outside your control. Just commenting as the shipping isn't generally that high...

USPS is the devil. :belial:

Brian861
05-16-2016, 11:30 PM
USPS is the devil. :belial:

LOL!!

Brian861
05-16-2016, 11:52 PM

..and therefore must have infinite patience... :evil:

Indeed!!

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 05:16 AM

Yeah, it drives us all absolutely nuts. We pay the USPS the rate they quote based on the size of the box and the weight and the destination, which is calculated by the website and passed along to the customer. But it is an INSANE amount compared to what people in other countries pay to ship to us.

There's no reasonable explanation other than, the USPS has decided they can raised those Non-US rates as much as they want because what else is the customer going to do? Fed-Ex and UPS are even more expensive and we hear from folks outside the US that UPS tries to charge extra handling fees on their end for handling tariffs, etc. What a mess.

Of course, the actual PEOPLE we work with at the USPS are all awesome! It's not their fault that someone way above them realized that it would be easy to gouge on Non-US shipments!

Until we can jaunt these books right to your house, we're stuck paying... So, um, Victor Carune better get to work!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 05:17 AM

:emot-roflolmao:

MLG
05-17-2016, 06:34 AM

yes but at least you have that satisfied feeling!

ICry4Oy
05-17-2016, 06:33 PM
My book showed up today - damaged :( Already emailed Mindy and she has already taken steps to make it right! Gotta love her and CD!

Just curious. Was the outside of the box severely damaged? That looks like it took quite a hit. My Carrie GE arrived damaged almost in the same exact matter and on the same corner. But the outside of the box was pristine. To this day I wonder if it was shipped damaged or is it possible to take that amount of damage without damaging the box itself :orely:

The box only showed normal handling and no hint of what happened to the book. It was packed tightly and the book was still centered in the box. You're probably right about it having been shipped damaged???
.....also must mention this has been the very first time I've received a damaged book from CD----out of dozens of previous orders that ain't bad!

I received my replacement book yesterday. It showed up without any problems and is BEAUTIFUL! Many many thanks for Mindy making it right!!!!!

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 07:30 PM
The Shining Gift Edition has been taken off the site as we neared 3,000 copies sold! Tomorrow and Thursday, we will manually check all of our counts to confirm exactly how close we are to all copies being reserved. We didn't expect the slipcased Gift Edition to sell this quickly, but our collectors have clearly spoken! Then, this FRIDAY, we will put the product back on the website and send out one more newsletter. Those last copies will be sold FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. No second chances.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 07:31 PM
My book showed up today - damaged :( Already emailed Mindy and she has already taken steps to make it right! Gotta love her and CD!

Just curious. Was the outside of the box severely damaged? That looks like it took quite a hit. My Carrie GE arrived damaged almost in the same exact matter and on the same corner. But the outside of the box was pristine. To this day I wonder if it was shipped damaged or is it possible to take that amount of damage without damaging the box itself :orely:

The box only showed normal handling and no hint of what happened to the book. It was packed tightly and the book was still centered in the box. You're probably right about it having been shipped damaged???
.....also must mention this has been the very first time I've received a damaged book from CD----out of dozens of previous orders that ain't bad!

I received my replacement book yesterday. It showed up without any problems and is BEAUTIFUL! Many many thanks for Mindy making it right!!!!!

Thank you for your order and sorry again about the problem with the first copy!

Brian

Roseannebarr
05-17-2016, 07:54 PM
Brian,

Gone Girl has been a problem book for me! Mindy shipped 3 copies to me. The funniest thing is the third copy shipped actually turned out to be Salem's Lot. Packing slip said GONE Girl book shipped was salem's lot. First copy had the too tight slipcase. Second book had 20 or 30 bent pages. Third copy was the wrong book. NOT complaining at ALL. I LOVE Salems LOT! Hope to KEEP it!!!!!

MINDY has been very responsive in trying to fix this! She is a KEEPER.

PS. JUST Ordered my 3rd copy of the Shining AE. So many emails. I just felt the need to get another copy!

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 08:19 PM
Brian,

Gone Girl has been a problem book for me! Mindy shipped 3 copies to me. The funniest thing is the third copy shipped actually turned out to be Salem's Lot. Packing slip said GONE Girl book shipped was salem's lot. First copy had the too tight slipcase. Second book had 20 or 30 bent pages. Third copy was the wrong book. NOT complaining at ALL. I LOVE Salems LOT! Hope to KEEP it!!!!!

PS. JUST Ordered my 3rd copy of the Shining AE. So many emails. I just felt the need to get another copy!

At this rate, we might accidentally ship Gillian Flynn to you on the 4th try!!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
So Brian, did the remarqued Gift editions ship (or are shipping if you are still going) with the other books?

Sorry, I missed this! Definitely a Dan question if he hasn't popped in here yet!

Brian

Brian861
05-17-2016, 09:52 PM

yes but at least you have that satisfied feeling!

:lol: So true, Martin. Maybe I'm just too easy :blush:

Roseannebarr
05-18-2016, 05:06 AM
Brian,

At this rate, we might accidentally ship Gillian Flynn to you on the 4th try!!

Brian
If you do, I will sit her down and have her sign the next two sets of books for you! She took forever! And she did a nice job signing though!

mikeC
05-18-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi, Brian, I was wondering if there will be an illustration for every story in Night Shift?

webstar1000
05-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Hi, Brian, I was wondering if there will be an illustration for every story in Night Shift?

Here is to hoping MULTIPLE illustrations!

Brian James Freeman
05-18-2016, 06:55 AM

Yep, that's the plan!

DanHocker
05-18-2016, 06:57 AM
Brian,

Well that's unusual. I'm not really sure how that 3rd one could have happened. Gonna guess maybe the order somehow got mixed in with the bulk orders for Salems Lot.

somekindofstranger
05-18-2016, 07:16 AM
both Shining editions also now at PS: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-shining-the-deluxe-special-edition-by-stephen-king-cemetery-dance-3946-p.asp

DanHocker
05-18-2016, 07:17 AM

Sorry, I missed this! Definitely a Dan question if he hasn't popped in here yet!

Brian

Not yet. We typically wait to ship all the remarques until the very end. This is to avoid getting anything mixed up with the regular books. We only have so many remarques, so we don't want to accidentally send to someone who isn't supposed to get one.

mikeC
05-18-2016, 09:02 AM

Yep, that's the plan!

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the reply.

webstar1000
05-18-2016, 09:02 AM

Yep, that's the plan!

Very exciting stuff Brian!

RichardX
05-18-2016, 09:47 AM
both Shining editions also now at PS: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-shining-the-deluxe-special-edition-by-stephen-king-cemetery-dance-3946-p.asp

Not overly impressed by the artwork shown (particularly the Danny Torrence) but it is The Shining.

AstroDad
05-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Brian

Not yet. We typically wait to ship all the remarques until the very end. This is to avoid getting anything mixed up with the regular books. We only have so many remarques, so we don't want to accidentally send to someone who isn't supposed to get one.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. My Gift Edition wasn't to be remarqued, but my AE is so this gives me an idea of whether to expect it once you start shipping :)

T-Dogz_AK47
05-18-2016, 10:11 AM

Not overly impressed by the artwork shown (particularly the Danny Torrence) but it is The Shining.

WTF! You're joking right? That's Don Maitz artwork!!! :wtf:

T-Dogz_AK47
05-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Anyhooo, back on planet Earth.....

Brian,

Regarding the Joe Hill slipcases that CD are creating for the US edition of The Fireman, do you have any plans on producing a slipcase (or traycase) for collectors planning to buy one of the UK editions?

webstar1000
05-18-2016, 10:25 AM

????????? Man oh man the artwork on this is FANTASTIC!

Brian James Freeman
05-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Regarding the Joe Hill slipcases that CD are creating for the US edition of The Fireman, do you have any plans on producing a slipcase (or traycase) for collectors planning to buy one of the UK editions?

Not at this time, unfortunately!

Best,
Brian

Randall Flagg
05-18-2016, 12:40 PM

FYI, Maitz used Lot Guy's (Matt) son for the Danny image. Matt took his son to Maitz and Don spent quite a bit of time gathering some pics to get the image right (in his mind).

Tommy
05-18-2016, 12:44 PM

FYI, Maitz used Lot Guy's (Matt) son for the Danny image. Matt took his son to Maitz and Don spent quite a bit of time gathering some pics to get the image right (in his mind).

Wow, that's really cool!

jonp
05-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Very interesting, I did not know that. I really like the artwork personally.

Tommy
05-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Now we can get Lot Guy's son to do association signatures. :dance:

Jimimck
05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Brian, I hope that when orders are placed for your books through PS, you guys are still making on the purchase? I would always want to support CD directly, but ended up purchasing Shining gift edition through PS as it worked out to $160nzd vs $250nzd with the UK shipping vs USPS shipping.

I still love you guys so don't hate me for using the competition :heart:

Brian James Freeman
05-18-2016, 04:31 PM
I would always want to support CD directly, but ended up purchasing Shining gift edition through PS as it worked out to $160nzd vs $250nzd with the UK shipping vs USPS shipping.

I would have, too!

Brian

Brian861
05-18-2016, 09:42 PM

Wow, that's really cool!

Concur!

becca69
05-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Love the art for The Shining! Nice job Don.

becca69
05-19-2016, 06:01 AM
BTW - Any news on Gone Girl lettered?

Brian James Freeman
05-19-2016, 06:04 AM
BTW - Any news on Gone Girl lettered?

Still waiting on the traycases, but I should have news this summer!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-19-2016, 06:15 AM
The 'Salem's Lot Numbered Artist Edition traycases:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/SalemsLottraycasesWH.jpg

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
05-19-2016, 07:09 AM
They look the absolute business!! :excited:

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-19-2016, 03:18 PM
That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Aronstg
05-19-2016, 04:02 PM
That is awesome. Does that mean these will be shipping at the end of the month?

allasorte
05-19-2016, 04:21 PM
That is awesome. Does that mean these will be shipping at the end of the month?

I believe I got my shipping notice today :)

Dan
05-19-2016, 04:22 PM
I got a notice today for my numbered edition!

ruderabbit
05-19-2016, 06:52 PM
The 'Salem's Lot Numbered Artist Edition traycases:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/SalemsLottraycasesWH.jpg

Brian

That is a beautiful sight

Dano
05-20-2016, 04:20 AM
So beautiful!!!! I cannot wait... but I will!

Dan

frik
05-20-2016, 04:52 AM

Dan

You think you have a choice, Dan?? :tongue:

sk

Anubis2347
05-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Any idea when the signed edition of The Fireman will be shipping?

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 07:46 AM

I believe Dan's helpers have been busy putting the bookplates in, but he'll have a better idea of when they'll actually go out the door!

DanHocker
05-20-2016, 08:41 AM
They'll ship as soon as we're done with Salem's Lot. So probably another week or two.

Dano
05-20-2016, 09:37 AM

Dan

You think you have a choice, Dan?? :tongue:

sk

I like to imagine I have control... :emot-cthulhu:

Dan

Aronstg
05-20-2016, 10:18 AM

I believe Dan's helpers have been busy putting the bookplates in, but he'll have a better idea of when they'll actually go out the door!

Are you going to place some of the bookplates upside down? :)

T-Dogz_AK47
05-20-2016, 10:35 AM

Apparently, that's only for customers living in Australia and New Zealand.... :P

Aronstg
05-20-2016, 10:54 AM

Apparently, that's only for customers living in Australia and New Zealand.... :P

Or Canada. Some of the members have found books where the tipped in signature pages were placed upside down.

Brian861
05-20-2016, 11:05 AM
The map of 'Salem's Lot was reportedly placed upside down in a GE of said book. I'd say roll with it and call it a variant :)

DanHocker
05-20-2016, 11:13 AM

Or Canada. Some of the members have found books where the tipped in signature pages were placed upside down.

I've actually only heard of one instance of this so far.

Br!an
05-20-2016, 01:56 PM
The Shining GE is back up for sale.
http://cemeterydance.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=960d36b3a3d46b3d8d2df8d53&id=b80f19bd56&e=633b7c522f

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 06:46 PM
The Shining GE is back up for sale.
http://cemeterydance.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=960d36b3a3d46b3d8d2df8d53&id=b80f19bd56&e=633b7c522f

But not for long! :)

Tommy
05-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Hey Brian, anything happening with the Borderlands Little Book Series 2 Slipcase (Volume 1)?

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Hey Brian, anything happening with the Borderlands Little Book Series 2 Slipcase (Volume 1)?

I believe they're in the To Be Shipped section of the warehouse, as soon as Dan makes a little room and gets some 'SALEM'S LOT out of the way!

Brian

Tommy
05-20-2016, 07:18 PM

I believe they're in the To Be Shipped section of the warehouse, as soon as Dan makes a little room and gets some 'SALEM'S LOT out of the way!

Brian

Thank you Sir!

zelig
05-20-2016, 08:05 PM

Brian

A more important question... Do you ever sleep... :smile:

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 08:12 PM

Brian

A more important question... Do you ever sleep... :smile:

Too much work to do right now, there will be time to sleep when I'm dead!

Lot guy
05-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Have all the Gift editions sold out?

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Have all the Gift editions sold out?

There's a few left, sales slowed after work. I'll probably be pulled the "add to basket" option in the morning, I bet.

Brian

Lot guy
05-20-2016, 08:26 PM
That's great they've sold so fast!!!!

Lurker
05-20-2016, 08:58 PM
Any shipping time on The Fifth Heart?

Brian James Freeman
05-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Any shipping time on The Fifth Heart?

I think those are also with the Joe Hill book in the "need to find space and time to ship these, why did we have so much come in at the same time, what were we thinking" section of the warehouse!

Dan will have a better idea on Monday about his actual shipping time frame. :)

Brian

Ben Eads
05-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Just placed my order! Again, CD knocks another one out of the ball park. =)

Theli
05-21-2016, 05:56 AM
Got a GE from CD on order and an AE from PS on order. Really excited about this one.

AstroDad
05-21-2016, 08:42 PM
And they are gone :)

Tommy
05-22-2016, 12:37 AM
Very cool! Congrats CD! Has any King Gift Edition ever sold out this quickly?

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Very cool! Congrats CD! Has any King Gift Edition ever sold out this quickly?

I'm not sure about other publishers, but for us, here are some of our fastest sellers:

The Gift Edition of DOCTOR SLEEP sold out exactly one week after it was announced. That was only 1,750 copies, though.

FULL DARK, NO STARS sold out two months after it was announced, and that was also 1,750 copies.

FROM A BUICK 8 was also 1,750 copies and sold out pre-publication, but I don't know the exact time frame because I wasn't here when it was announced (I placed my order from my college apartment!), although I was hired that summer and was working at CD when it arrived in September.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I really enjoyed Stewart O'Nan's guest essay about Pet Sematary posted on Stephen King Revisited today:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/a-stony-heart-by-stewart-onan/

Brian

Dan
05-23-2016, 08:41 AM
My numbered 'Salem's Lot should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. Unfortunately, I will not be home until after 8.

ICry4Oy
05-23-2016, 08:43 AM
My numbered 'Salem's Lot should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. Unfortunately, I will not be home until after 8.

I've got two of them waiting for me to get my lazy butt to the post office to pick up.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Well, you just gave everyone on here a heads-up of where to go look for one if they can get there before 8! :)

Dan
05-23-2016, 08:52 AM

Well, you just gave everyone on here a heads-up of where to go look for one if they can get there before 8! :)

LOL, not really. I'm sure my daughter has brought it inside.

allasorte
05-23-2016, 09:57 AM

I worked hard today and got done early. Just like my dog, I am staring out the window waiting for the mailman to show up. :)

mkberger
05-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Received my 'SALEM'S LOT AEs today. I've got to say, in all honesty, that this is one of the best-looking books I have ever seen. Brian & Team, kudos on a job Very Well Done.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Received my 'SALEM'S LOT AEs today. I've got to say, in all honesty, that this is one of the best-looking books I have ever seen. Brian & Team, kudos on a job Very Well Done.

Thank you very much!

Brian