PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

peripheral
02-10-2016, 02:19 AM
CD just blew my mind.
Totally unexpected I receive a box with the Scribner Black House/Talisman with the custom CD case, and a poster size art print from 'Salem's Lot.
Soon to be up for auction for our fundraiser.

Awesome work CD.

Patrick
02-10-2016, 02:28 AM
Brian, did you sell out of the limited number of remarques? If not, any chance of sending that email to those who ordered portfolios in the last couple days?

AstroDad
02-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Can anyone remember when the AE Carrie were delivered?

I had one ship 01/12/15 and the other on 01/09/15

yep, mine shipped 1/15/15, I wonder if the ones shipped in April were the remarqued editions?

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Brian, did you sell out of the limited number of remarques? If not, any chance of sending that email to those who ordered portfolios in the last couple days?

We have a few of each left, so we'll be sending a "last chance" note to those who have ordered the portfolios (and have NOT ordered an upgrade) today! So don't panic if you've ordered the upgrade and don't receive a note. ;)

Brian

WeDealInLead
02-10-2016, 12:16 PM
How many times do I need to unsubscribe for it to take? Mindy and I have had words after I received the two grab bags that included books without dust jackets, a beat up four-year-old Swedish paperback, a book with water/moisture damage, and books that someone must've run over with a forklift. Not a single of the "better" items from the email that promoted the grab bags was included. I understand not getting lucky but there must've been a thought process that went into selecting ten books. I didn't yell, I wasn't angry but yes, it was upsetting. I emailed Mindy and asked to be unsubscribed. That was weeks ago. The emails stopped for a week but now I'm still getting them about upgrading my portfolio, the Joe Hill special signed edition that isn't really signed, then the slipcase for new Joe Hill, then the last call for the Joe Hill slipcase.

It's frustrating to get home after being away for a day and a half and there are three emails from a sender I unsubscribed from.

I know, right, Tell me how you really feel.

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 12:23 PM
How many times do I need to unsubscribe for it to take? Mindy and I have had words after I received the two grab bags that included books without dust jackets, a beat up four-year-old Swedish paperback, a book with water/moisture damage, and books that someone must've run over with a forklift. Not a single of the "better" items from the email that promoted the grab bags was included. I understand not getting lucky but there must've been a thought process that went into selecting ten books. I didn't yell, I wasn't angry but yes, it was upsetting. I emailed Mindy and asked to be unsubscribed. That was weeks ago. The emails stopped for a week but now I'm still getting them about upgrading my portfolio, the Joe Hill special signed edition that isn't really signed, then the slipcase for new Joe Hill, then the last call for the Joe Hill slipcase.

It's frustrating to get home after being away for a day and a half and there are three emails from a sender I unsubscribed from.

We need your real name and email address for me to look into this. Thanks!

Brian

carlosdetweiller
02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
How many times do I need to unsubscribe for it to take?

Cemetery Dance = Hotel California.

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM

I found your original email:

"Just received the two grab bags and I'm not quite sure what to think. Most CD books are PC copies. I don't remember seeing any mention of books being PC in the newsletter and I wouldn't have bought them had I known. I don't collect PC books."

Mindy replied:

"We did state several stipulations of what you might receive… this was a HIGHLY discounted grab bag. Here is the sales copy for your review. It was a really wide open grab bag:
<SNIP>
We will be using both real numbers and PCs for these books, and everyone won't get something from every category above, of course, but we think you'll be very pleased with the items we're using..."

You replied: "Yeah, it was such a wide grab bag that none of better books were included but books without dust jackets (2 of them) and scrunched corners (fangoria) were. Lucky me, I also received a signed Ketchum book with water/moisture damaged end sheets. Please unsubscribe me from the list."

At that point, Mindy wrote you back for more information about the water damage because we didn't use any water damaged books on purpose, of course. Why would we? And she also asked you about the "no DJ" books because what we've found is that some people didn't realize they had gotten our New Deluxe Lettered Editions, which are issued without a DJ. They retail for $175 to $350.

If you received water damaged books, we would have liked to see photos, so we could get you replacement items ASAP. If you received a Deluxe Lettered Edition and didn't know the value, we would have liked to inform you about these editions. (If you received a Limited Edition with no DJ for some reason and it should have had one, Dan would have been happy to send you a DJ.)

The Swedish paperback was a joke bonus item. We used review copies and other oddities to fill out the box once we topped the promised dollar value IF there was room to squeeze something in. One guy received a romance novel -- his wife was thrilled he finally got something she would like! :)

After Mindy replied to you for more information, she honored your request and marked you as "No Mail" in our order management system, which should have removed you from sales solicitations but left you on the list for production updates and shipping notifications.

But she forgot to email me that you needed removed from the main mailing list. I've done so now.

If you would like to reply to her email and discuss the Grab Bag and answer her questions, we'd be happy to continue helping you to receive a satisfactory resolution to your order.

Best,
Brian

WeDealInLead
02-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Brian,

I am one cranky fucker who's tired of snow, snow, snow. I haven't received any further emails from Mindy after my last one asking to be unsubscribed so I didn't see any inquiries about missing DJs or anything else. Maybe they're in her draft folder? Dunno. Both the jacketless books (one was Terry Brooks, other Del James) and Ketchum are at the local Goodwill. I couldn't sell them to any local used book stores.

Anyways, now that I'm off the list I'll turn my Frustration button off. Thanks for looking into this. No resolution needed; I've been a customer for years and will be again. This was a frustrating experience, that's all.

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 12:58 PM
I am one cranky fucker who's tired of snow, snow, snow.

Aren't we all? :)

Please do drop me a line if Mindy or I can help you out with this order. We really do want you to be happy with the Grab Bag and it sounds like you got some kind of dud.

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-10-2016, 01:06 PM
I did not get a grab bag! but will there be any more Books to Benefit by Stephen King?

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 01:37 PM
I did not get a grab bag! but will there be any more Books to Benefit by Stephen King?

I've been talking to an author's agent for about 18 months about a project that would be absolutely awesome -- he has a lot of fans here who would love this book! -- but there are multiple parties involved and getting everyone onboard has proven tough.

I have a pitch for another SK project, but the timing isn't right. But it would be a special edition of my favorite book that has never had a Limited Edition. ;)

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-10-2016, 01:40 PM

I've been talking to an author's agent for about 18 months about a project that would be absolutely awesome -- he has a lot of fans here who would love this book! -- but there are multiple parties involved and getting everyone onboard has proven tough.

I have a pitch for another SK project, but the timing isn't right. But it would be a special edition of my favorite book that has never had a Limited Edition. ;)

Brian

Curiousity peaked! Can you tell me which one? i wont tell anyone! :cool_002:

Randall Flagg
02-10-2016, 01:42 PM

Brian

Just put it in a spoiler tag that reads http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Elephant+what+a+majestic+creature_e4c299_4333682.j pg.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2016, 01:45 PM

Brian

If it's Needful Things or Different Seasons, I will be down for a Lettered Edition all the way!!!!! :excited:

I will probably have to sell an arm or a kidney (probably both) to afford it, but what the hell - you only live once right? LOL! :D

Roseannebarr
02-10-2016, 01:54 PM

Brian

Just put it in a spoiler tag that reads http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Elephant+what+a+majestic+creature_e4c299_4333682.j pg.

That spoiler made me laugh at loud. rediculous!!!

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 01:57 PM

Brian

Sure, no problem! <whispers across the Internet>

TCCBodhi
02-10-2016, 02:07 PM
If it's Needful Things or Different Seasons, I will be down for a Lettered Edition all the way!!!!! :excited:

I'm so surprised that we haven't seen a really cool Needful Things limited. I'm imagining a Traycase with a compartment for some random piece of bric-a-brac a la Leland Gaunt. All of those little trinkets would be kind of like the cancelled Regulator checks. Could be very fun! That on top of the amazing printed book that you do would be a pretty special edition.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2016, 02:08 PM

Sure, no problem! <whispers across the Internet>

Needful Things you say? That's an excellent choice, my friend!! :D

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2016, 02:17 PM

I'm so surprised that we haven't seen a really cool Needful Things limited. I'm imagining a Traycase with a compartment for some random piece of bric-a-brac a la Leland Gaunt. All of those little trinkets would be kind of like the cancelled Regulator checks. Could be very fun! That on top of the amazing printed book that you do would be a pretty special edition.

The iconic 'Sandy Koufax' baseball card would be an awesome piece of bric-a-brac. :thumbsup:

Patrick
02-10-2016, 03:28 PM

We have a few of each left, so we'll be sending a "last chance" note to those who have ordered the portfolios (and have NOT ordered an upgrade) today! So don't panic if you've ordered the upgrade and don't receive a note. ;)

Brian
To close the loop on this, Brian: I heard from Mindy this morning and I ordered an original artwork companion piece by David P. for my artwork portfolio and received confirmation. As always in my experience, Mindy is on top of things. Thanks.

George at C-Springs
02-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Got this one in today; Glenn's artwork lends itself very well to this book.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20160210_174415.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20160210_174459.jpg

Brian James Freeman
02-10-2016, 05:27 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20160210_174415.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20160210_174459.jpg

I was really pleased with how that one turned out. There's even a "secret" bonus story we added since the book was in production for longer than we had planned, but it isn't listed anywhere, so it's hopefully a nice surprise when you get there.

Brian

Merlin1958
02-10-2016, 06:40 PM

I was really pleased with how that one turned out. There's even a "secret" bonus story we added since the book was in production for longer than we had planned, but it isn't listed anywhere, so it's hopefully a nice surprise when you get there.

Brian

I really like it!!!

Theli
02-10-2016, 08:00 PM
My copies on the way too!

AKC
02-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Brian, you can't get the order page up for The Shining up fast enough.....

"Jack Attacks" - Original Cover Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Don%20Maitz%20-%20Artist/Jack%20Attacks_zps82qo5sz6.jpg

"Under the Overlook" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Don%20Maitz%20-%20Artist/Jack%20Under%20the%20Overlook_zpsfczfy6gg.jpg

"Danny in Room 217" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Don%20Maitz%20-%20Artist/Danny%20in%20217_zpsa5yw1coz.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Don%20Maitz%20-%20Artist/Danny%20and%20Jack_zpso6tjnwzq.jpg

Bunyip
02-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Hells Bells! Where did you get your mitts on these pics! Awesome!

Bunyip
02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
I would love to have that first one hanging up on the wall....

Randall Flagg
02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Hells Bells! Where did you get your mitts on these pics! Awesome!
From some guy named Don Maitz...

Bunyip
02-12-2016, 03:07 PM
All of these inside contacts you guys have.....unreal.:thumbsup:

webstar1000
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
He owns those mate. They are friggin amazing... Period.

dnemec
02-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Whoa! Very nice Shining art!

Brian James Freeman
02-12-2016, 07:19 PM

If only I could convince the person who bought the original painting for the Gift Edition cover to start posting here. I think I'd win some kind of special membership award...!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-12-2016, 07:20 PM
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Jack%20Under%20the%20Overlook_zpsfczfy6gg.jpg

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the frame on these.

Brian

jcmanske
02-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Tim, the original art for The Shining is simply stunning. Congratulations on these amazing pieces of art.

Jimimck
02-12-2016, 10:39 PM

If only I could convince the person who bought the original painting for the Gift Edition cover to start posting here. I think I'd win some kind of special membership award...!

Brian

Did the man Himself buy it????

Brian861
02-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Simply amazing!!! Every time I see or read anything associated with The Shining (the book that is) it makes me hate the movie all that much more! You guys hit a home run times 10 Brian with this one if the book will look as half as good as the art. The Haven Fountain would hit a gold mine with those bad boys up on the block :).

Drake69
02-13-2016, 01:21 AM
Yup. Once that book with artwork like that comes out? MINE.

Incredible art. Really no other way to describe it.

Brian861
02-13-2016, 01:29 AM
Yup. Once that book with artwork like that comes out? MINE.

Incredible art. Really no other way to describe it.

Concur! Hopefully I don't get into too much trouble with Brian but I'll say, in times like these, it pays to be a member of the CDCC :).

herbertwest
02-13-2016, 02:57 AM

Brian

Did the man Himself buy it????

Or Darabont?

AKC
02-13-2016, 03:31 AM
Stephen King owns the Original Art for the Gift Edition cover.

It is Don's rendition of the Overlook Hotel. Pics of it can be found up thread.

Ben Mears
02-13-2016, 05:31 AM

"Jack Attacks" - Original Cover Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Jack%20Attacks_zps82qo5sz6.jpg

"Under the Overlook" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Jack%20Under%20the%20Overlook_zpsfczfy6gg.jpg

"Danny in Room 217" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Danny%20in%20217_zpsa5yw1coz.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Danny%20and%20Jack_zpso6tjnwzq.jpg

Sweet!

CyberGhostface
02-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Really nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Stephen King owns the Original Art for the Gift Edition cover.

It is Don's rendition of the Overlook Hotel. Pics of it can be found up thread.

:thumbsup:

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
02-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Those paintings are absolutely stunning!!! Don Maitz is the MAN!!! :drool:

CD are certainly going full throttle with these Artist Editions! The more artwork I see, the more I'm glad that I jumped on them right from the very start! :rock:

Fucking AWESOME is all I can say!!! :clap::clap::clap:

T-Dogz_AK47
02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
I just came across this awesome picture over on the CD forum and thought that I would share it here...

Glenn Chadbourne has created a map of Jurusalem's Lot for the Artist Edition and it is absolutely stunning! The attention to detail is phenomenal!!!!! :thumbsup: :drool:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/84e81604-810a-4a7d-b87d-35c7f35c8885_zps8o7z0zgl.jpg

Bunyip
02-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Sensational! I was nervous at the time, but I ponied up for the entire AE and pre paid the post too. Bloody glad I did. The exchange rate has fallen through the floor, and the postage has gone the other way...I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this.....pumped!!

Brian James Freeman
02-13-2016, 07:49 PM
I just came across this awesome picture over on the CD forum and thought that I would share it here...

Glenn Chadbourne has created a map of Jurusalem's Lot for the Artist Edition and it is absolutely stunning! The attention to detail is phenomenal!!!!! :thumbsup: :drool:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/84e81604-810a-4a7d-b87d-35c7f35c8885_zps8o7z0zgl.jpg

A couple of 'Salem's Lot experts gave him notes and feedback, so hopefully it's fairly accurate. Of course, if you're going to use the map to go for a Sunday drive, I don't recommend staying in town after dark!

Brian

TCCBodhi
02-13-2016, 09:23 PM
...and don't invite anyone into your car or pick up hitchhikers!

Brian James Freeman
02-14-2016, 08:37 AM
...and don't invite anyone into your car or pick up hitchhikers!

But there's this little girl and she's all alone in the snow! We'd better try to help her, right??

Brian861
02-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Of course, if you're going to use the map to go for a Sunday drive, I don't recommend staying in town after dark! Brian

Some dude wrote a story about this place back in the '70s. According to him, the place ended up full of vampires via some old guy by the name of Barlow I believe. Probably just an urban legend, old wives tale, etc. Still, kinda makes ya wonder.......

T-Dogz_AK47
02-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Of course, if you're going to use the map to go for a Sunday drive, I don't recommend staying in town after dark! Brian

Some dude wrote a story about this place back in the '70s. According to him, the place ended up full of vampires via some old guy by the name of Barlow I believe. Probably just an urban legend, old wives tale, etc. Still, kinda makes ya wonder.......

That sounds like an awesome story, I'll have to read it sometime.

So you say this dude wrote the story back in the 70's.... Do you know if he has written any other books? He sounds like he has quite the imagination on him. I love vampire stories me!

Cwalker
02-14-2016, 12:07 PM

I was about 10 years old when it happened, but as you can see from my Location, i only live about 20 miles from The Lot. I grew up hearing all the stories that the Old-Timers were willing to tell, and as far as I know, it is all true. Of course, we Mainers have been known to...stretch the truth a wee bit when it come to folk from away.....

Brian861
02-14-2016, 12:11 PM

That sounds like an awesome story, I'll have to read it sometime.

So you say this dude wrote the story back in the 70's.... Do you know if he has written any other books? He sounds like he has quite the imagination on him. I love vampire stories me!

Hell of an imagination this guy. Stephen King something or other. People post about him here all the time and stuff related to him. Huge cult following I reckon. Has written a ton of books. Nearly all are pretty damn good! Definitely recommend ya pick up a copy or two of his work. I'd steer clear of Maine though for the most part. That place is like a shit storm on fire most of the time! Again, according to this King fella anyway.

Brian861
02-14-2016, 12:18 PM

I was about 10 years old when it happened, but as you can see from my Location, i only live about 20 miles from The Lot. I grew up hearing all the stories that the Old-Timers were willing to tell, and as far as I know, it is all true. Of course, we Mainers have been known to...stretch the truth a wee bit when it come to folk from away.....

I was only a pup when the incident took place but I read about it later in high school. Been reading this guy every since :).

cit74
02-15-2016, 10:15 PM
New season of comic book men started again - and Bryan is still sporting his CD t-shirt. Did you guys send him a crate of these? ;)

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 10:56 AM
New updates (with new photos!) about 'SALEM'S LOT and our aftermarket slipcase for THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS will be going out today to those who preordered these items from us!

Brian

Kingfan24
02-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Can't wait to see the updates. And the Carrie portfolio ship notice.

DanHocker
02-17-2016, 11:32 AM
The remarque Carrie portfolios are shipping now.

Patrick
02-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi All,

When I ordered the art portfolios, I failed to mention that I would like the ones that match my number in the books. Because I'm an idiot.

I received CARRIE art portfolio #180. I would prefer #196. Did anyone here receive #196? If so, I would like to trade limitation pages if you're amenable. (Simpler than exchanging the entire portfolio, I would think, but I'm flexible.) Of course, I would cover all expenses. Please let me know. Thank you.

(I've fixed the issue with Mindy at CD going forward.)

Bunyip
02-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Hi All,

When I ordered the art portfolios, I failed to mention that I would like the ones that match my number in the books. Because I'm an idiot.

I received CARRIE art portfolio #180. I would prefer #196. Did anyone here receive #196? If so, I would like to trade limitation pages if you're amenable. (Simpler than exchanging the entire portfolio, I would think, but I'm flexible.) Of course, I would cover all expenses. Please let me know. Thank you.

That sucks. I thought they automatically matched numbers? I hope it works out for you mate.

Patrick
02-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Hi All,

That sucks. I thought they automatically matched numbers? I hope it works out for you mate.
Thanks. No, they don't. I ordered late one night and received the portfolio shipping notice the very next day. Then I realized I hadn't followed up regarding my specific number request.

Brian861
02-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi All,

I'll double check mine for ya later this evening/early tomorrow morning, Patrick when I get back to the house. I'm pretty sure I got mine to match but I'll check all the same. Never hurts and good luck!

DanHocker
02-17-2016, 11:59 AM
We matched numbers automatically for the preorders, but it sounds like Patrick ordered once they where instock. Once shipping of the preorders is over, it becomes drastically harder to match the numbers because there are a lot of people who either A don't care about matching numbers or B only order a gift edition so they don't have a number to match. So for anyone who's worried about matching numbers in the future, make sure you preorder, because we can't make any promises if you wait for them to be in stock.

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 12:40 PM
THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS slipcase:

Our slipcase maker has sent us the approval slipcase for this product, and we have confirmed the stamping is correct and it fits the book perfectly. Our slipcase maker will now finish assembling the cases and we expect them to ship to us in March.

You can see a photo of this finished approval slipcase here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/BadDreamsSlipcase.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 12:43 PM
'SALEM’S LOT by Stephen King Update:

We’ve received the “approval” slipcase for the Gift Edition, and now we’re just waiting on the first finished copy of the book, so we can confirm the case fits properly. Once we have that first book, and we approve the fit, our slipcase maker will finish assembling the cases and then ship them to our printer, who will begin the slipcasing and shrinkwrapping process.

Here is a photo of this approval slipcase in case you are curious what the Gift Edition slipcase will look like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotSlipcase.jpg

Brian

sharki69
02-17-2016, 12:55 PM
When all i really want is GONE GIRL.

Soon! We'll send out an update on that one next week, I think.

Brian

Brian - any updates ? Thanks

Roseannebarr
02-17-2016, 12:57 PM

Brian

I dont want to see the signature, but please tell me she did a nice job! i appreciate when an author actually takes time to sign their name instead of scribbling. Michael Connelly is one of my favorite authors but he signs like a 3 year old!

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 01:08 PM

Brian

That'll be my final production update for the day, just working on a few quick photos now!

Brian

peripheral
02-17-2016, 01:20 PM
'SALEM’S LOT by Stephen King Update:

We’ve received the “approval” slipcase for the Gift Edition, and now we’re just waiting on the first finished copy of the book, so we can confirm the case fits properly. Once we have that first book, and we approve the fit, our slipcase maker will finish assembling the cases and then ship them to our printer, who will begin the slipcasing and shrinkwrapping process.

Here is a photo of this approval slipcase in case you are curious what the Gift Edition slipcase will look like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotSlipcase.jpg

Brian

Nice work Brian / CD team - looks great. Looking forward to the traycase

zelig
02-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Slipcase looks good. Looking forward to receiving these editions. The Carrie's need some pals on the shelves.

herbertwest
02-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Do we know how many illustrations will be in the CD limited edition of SALEM'S LOT ? Thanks.

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Do we know how many illustrations will be in the CD limited edition of SALEM'S LOT ? Thanks.

6, I believe, plus the signature sheet/limitation sheet artwork.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 01:49 PM

Brian

I dont want to see the signature, but please tell me she did a nice job! i appreciate when an author actually takes time to sign their name instead of scribbling. Michael Connelly is one of my favorite authors but he signs like a 3 year old!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GoneGirl04.jpg

Brian

Patrick
02-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Dan, thanks for the clarification. That was definitely the case in my situation.

Brian, those cases look great, and I like the GONE GIRL limitation page. It's different.

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2016, 02:13 PM

Brian

That'll be my final production update for the day, just working on a few quick photos now!

Brian

Okay, I got it written and ready, but the person who can actually send the note has left for the day, so it'll go out tomorrow! :)

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
02-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Brian, do you have any pics you can share of the special remarques that David Palumbo has created for Salem's Lot?

I'm sure everyone here would love to see a few examples of what he has done.... :excited:

herbertwest
02-17-2016, 03:10 PM

6, I believe, plus the signature sheet/limitation sheet artwork.

Brian

Thanks

Bunyip
02-17-2016, 03:31 PM

Brian

The worst one I've seen in a long time was Scott Smith for " a simple plan" waste of everyone's time.

AstroDad
02-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Got my Carrie Remarque Portfolio shipping notice today. Woo Hoo!

TCCBodhi
02-17-2016, 07:08 PM
I got my initial shipping notice for the remarqued Carrie Portfolio too! I can't wait to see what I end up with. I've already got a nice gift edition remarque of Carrie & her mother, so I'm hoping that this is something quite different; kind of hoping it's a non-Carrie scene entirely. I'd love to see that Pig, if I get lucky enough!

AstroDad
02-17-2016, 07:32 PM
i'll be sure to post my remarque, i hope others will as well.

sharki69
02-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Brian

Brian

Okay, I got it written and ready, but the person who can actually send the note has left for the day, so it'll go out tomorrow! :)

Brian

Thanks Brian. Looks good

Bunyip
02-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know if the yellow CD Joyland slipcase fits the signed Titan version? Thanks.

zelig
02-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know if the yellow CD Joyland slipcase fits the signed Titan version? Thanks.

No, won't fit. The yellow one is for the large format paperback.

Bunyip
02-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Thanks!

TCCBodhi
02-17-2016, 10:39 PM

Brian

The worst one I've seen in a long time was Scott Smith for " a simple plan" waste of everyone's time.

How about this 'beauty' from Tom Piccirilli's Backshot? http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/864/medium/20151223_160156.jpg ;) If this was a book that was a big deal for me, I'd be a bit ticked, but it was just a little book and I don't really know 'TP' that well, so no big deal for me. Kind of made me laugh actually when I first saw it compared to the full signature that I got in the same shipment for Bad Dog.

Brian861
02-17-2016, 10:39 PM
Hi All,

I'll double check mine for ya later this evening/early tomorrow morning, Patrick when I get back to the house. I'm pretty sure I got mine to match but I'll check all the same. Never hurts and good luck!

Sorry, Patrick. No dice. Mine matches the book.

Bunyip
02-18-2016, 12:09 AM

Brian

How about this 'beauty' from Tom Piccirilli's Backshot? http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/864/medium/20151223_160156.jpg ;) If this was a book that was a big deal for me, I'd be a bit ticked, but it was just a little book and I don't really know 'TP' that well, so no big deal for me. Kind of made me laugh actually when I first saw it compared to the full signature that I got in the same shipment for Bad Dog.

That's a shambles. Like Blackbeard signing X on his life story. This generation and the next will be interesting to watch. Considering 7-8 year olds now require an iPad for class, and they rarely write at all. Signatures might well become a thumb print or an emoji.

Dan
02-18-2016, 06:02 AM

Brian

I inquired about this in another thread a while back. He was very sick, and has since passed, when he received these sheets. I have some early signatures of his that are fine.

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 06:37 AM
I inquired about this in another thread a while back. He was very sick, and has since passed, when he received these sheets. I have some early signatures of his that are fine.

Yeah, he did the best he could -- and he could of told us it just wasn't possible with his health, but he tried. A lot of perfectly healthy authors can't even be bothered to try. (Big name Hollywood director who has had signature sheets from me since 2012 but will remain nameless here, I'm looking your way!)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 06:55 AM
Here is today's GONE GIRL update, which will be going out this afternoon to those who preordered from us:

As you might remember, we secretly UPGRADED the Limited Edition book binding to what is called a “three piece case.” This is where the spine is bound in a different, nicer material than the “front board” and the “back board.”

Our slipcase maker is using the same cloth binding material as the book’s front board and back board, and today he sent us the “approval” slipcase, so we could confirm the stamping and the sizing. Everything fits and looks great, so our slipcase maker will now finish assembling the cases and we expect them to ship to us in March!

You can see a few sneak previews of the finished book and case here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GoneGirl01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GoneGirl02.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GoneGirl03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GoneGirl04.jpg

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Dan
02-18-2016, 07:12 AM
I like the looks of this! Can't wait.

Ben Staad
02-18-2016, 08:16 AM
Sharp looking book!

Lookwhoitis
02-18-2016, 08:23 AM
Hi All,

I have the same issue :(

I am LOOKING for # 719 and I HAVE 432 to swap. Thanks in advance

jreitan47
02-18-2016, 09:07 AM

Yeah, he did the best he could -- and he could of told us it just wasn't possible with his health, but he tried. A lot of perfectly healthy authors can't even be bothered to try. (Big name Hollywood director who has had signature sheets from me since 2012 but will remain nameless here, I'm looking your way!)

Brian

I personally love this signature from Pic as I know how much he wanted to do it for what he knew was going to be his last signed/limited, even though I'm sure he very much struggled to do it. I considered Tom Piccirilli a "big brother", he sent care packages to me during my own health struggles and he watched over me when I was a teenager attending horror conventions. Loved the man and I'll always cherish my signed books from him!

jsmcmullen92
02-18-2016, 09:44 AM

Brian

I have a feeling you are talking about a guy with the initials of GTD :evil:

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Brian

I personally love this signature from Pic as I know how much he wanted to do it for what he knew was going to be his last signed/limited, even though I'm sure he very much struggled to do it. I considered Tom Piccirilli a "big brother", he sent care packages to me during my own health struggles and he watched over me when I was a teenager attending horror conventions. Loved the man and I'll always cherish my signed books from him!

Yep, I miss Pic every single day. He was one-of-a-kind, and gone way too soon.

Brian

George at C-Springs
02-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Here is today's GONE GIRL update, which will be going out this afternoon to those who preordered from us:

As you might remember, we secretly UPGRADED the Limited Edition book binding to what is called a “three piece case.” This is where the spine is bound in a different, nicer material than the “front board” and the “back board.”

Our slipcase maker is using the same cloth binding material as the book’s front board and back board, and today he sent us the “approval” slipcase, so we could confirm the stamping and the sizing. Everything fits and looks great, so our slipcase maker will now finish assembling the cases and we expect them to ship to us in March!

You can see a few sneak previews of the finished book and case here:

I assume that's not for the Lettered version, right Brian? Some time down the road for that.

jreitan47
02-18-2016, 10:27 AM

Brian

Yep, I miss Pic every single day. He was one-of-a-kind, and gone way too soon.

Brian

One-of-a-kind, for sure! My greatest memory was the one and only held HorrorFind Arizona convention (2004?). I actually helped run the Cemetery Dance table that weekend along with Kelly Laymon. The convention was poorly attended which gave us some intimate time with the convention celebrity guests. The celebrity autograph room was dead, and I was scared to go up and ask for signatures, so Pic grabbed me and introduced to a bunch of folks. We went around from table to table talking to actors from Evil Dead, Hellraiser, Dawn of the Dead, etc. Came to director Stuart Gordan's table who wanted cash for his autograph. Stuart realized who Pic was and didn't charge me because he assumed Pic was my Dad. We laughed about that all weekend. Had some great times in the hotel bar as well hanging out with Edward Lee, Pic, Brian Keene as well as Doug Bradley (Hellraiser) and Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead). I'll never forget that weekend! Pic was kind, generous and very genuine...and a hoot to have a few drinks with!

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 10:51 AM
I assume that's not for the Lettered version, right Brian? Some time down the road for that.

We'll send an update about the Lettered Edition when we have more specifics, but I think we're looking at June for the traycase.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 10:54 AM
One-of-a-kind, for sure! My greatest memory was the one and only held HorrorFind Arizona convention (2004?). I actually helped run the Cemetery Dance table that weekend along with Kelly Laymon. The convention was poorly attended which gave us some intimate time with the convention celebrity guests. The celebrity autograph room was dead, and I was scared to go up and ask for signatures, so Pic grabbed me and introduced to a bunch of folks. We went around from table to table talking to actors from Evil Dead, Hellraiser, Dawn of the Dead, etc. Came to director Stuart Gordan's table who wanted cash for his autograph. Stuart realized who Pic was and didn't charge me because he assumed Pic was my Dad. We laughed about that all weekend. Had some great times in the hotel bar as well hanging out with Edward Lee, Pic, Brian Keene as well as Doug Bradley (Hellraiser) and Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead). I'll never forget that weekend! Pic was kind, generous and very genuine...and a hoot to have a few drinks with!

The world is a much more empty place without him here. I hate it when such good people get dealt such an incredibly shitty hand. But he made a big difference in a lot of lives while he was with us, which is more than many people can say. He will absolutely be remembered by those who knew him.

Brian

TCCBodhi
02-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Brian

That's what happens when I open my mouth without knowing what I speak about. I should have known there was more going on here. I apologize profusely to Tom's family and friends and anyone I offended with my intended to be silly post. Now I just feel like a cad.

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 01:58 PM
That's what happens when I open my mouth without knowing what I speak about. I should have known there was more going on here. I apologize profusely to Tom and anyone I offended with my intended to be silly post. Now I just feel like a cad.

I was sure you didn't know, and considering how certain authors have been signing sheets (no names mentioned, but they've been posted here before), you had no reason to think it might something more serious!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 02:20 PM
You guys know I don't/can't go into certain business stuff because, well, it is BUSINESS, but I think I can be vague enough to share this:

We recently cancelled a licensing agreement with a New York publisher for a three book deal because the author did such a crappy job signing the signature sheets for the first book and wouldn't try again. This isn't someone who always signs "a certain way," it was someone who said, "I'm cashing my $10,000 check and not giving a crap about these 600 signatures." We double-checked against books that were signed at book signings to confirm he or she just didn't even attempt to try for our sheets.

So now the New York publisher is mad at us, the agent is mad at us, who knows what the author thinks of us... but we decided it was better to cancel the deal and pay the penalty for doing so instead of giving in on something we know is important to the collectors. (This is not something we can do when a book is already announced, so there will be times when we have to just "accept what we're given." It sucks for us as much as you.)

Anyway, I can't and won't name any names, but this mess ate up a ton of time I could have spent on better projects! :)

By the way, as a general rule, I take these factors into account when it comes to signatures:

1) some authors just don't have pretty handwriting and their signature is going to be mush... it is what it is!

2) sometimes there are health/medical issues that come into play.

And... sometimes an author/editor has the misfortunate of landing on the double-whammy. For example, my signature has always been MEH because my handwriting is awful, but to make things worse, I've been battling a degenerative disc in my back for almost six years now.

This disc problem keeps me from sitting/working without high levels of pain. Basically, I *start* the day at a 5 on the 1 to 10 scale and the pain increases from there depending on what I do during the day. If you've ever been stabbed in the back with a rusty railroad spike, and then had it twisted around all day long, you know what I'm feeling.

So when I sign sheets these days, I fall in the category of "what an ugly signature" and there's literally nothing I can do about it. It takes me a week to sign 1,000 sheets and that's taking my time and going slow because I *have* to space out the work, I have no choice.

That's why I'm very sympathetic to authors who have a good reason for a bad signature, and I always feel a little bit of annoyance at those who CAN sign beautifully and choose not to do so. If you could sign a fancy, beautiful signature, why wouldn't you???

Brian

wolfehr
02-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian!

Randall Flagg
02-18-2016, 02:24 PM
You guys know I don't/can't go into certain business stuff because, well, it is BUSINESS, but I think I can be vague enough to share this:

We recently cancelled a licensing agreement with a New York publisher for a three book deal because the author did such a crappy job signing the signature sheets for the first book and wouldn't try again. This isn't someone who always signs "a certain way," it was someone who said, "I'm cashing my $10,000 check and not giving a crap about these 600 signatures." We double-checked against books that were signed at book signings to confirm he or she just didn't even attempt to try for our sheets.

So now the New York publisher is mad at us, the agent is mad at us, who knows what the author thinks of us... but we decided it was better to cancel the deal and pay the penalty for doing so instead of giving in on something we know is important to the collectors. (This is not something we can do when a book is already announced, so there will be times when we have to just "accept what we're given." It sucks for us as much as you.)

Anyway, I can't and won't name any names, but this mess ate up a ton of time I could have spent on better projects! :)

By the way, as a general rule, I take these factors into account when it comes to signatures:

1) some authors just don't have pretty handwriting and their signature is going to be mush... it is what it is!

2) sometimes there are health/medical issues that come into play.

And... sometimes an author/editor has the misfortunate of landing on the double-whammy. For example, my signature has always been MEH because my handwriting is awful, but to make things worse, I've been battling a degenerative disc in my back for almost six years now.

This disc problem keeps me from sitting/working without high levels of pain. Basically, I *start* the day at a 5 on the 1 to 10 scale and the pain increases from there depending on what I do during the day. If you've ever been stabbed in the back with a rusty railroad spike, and then had it twisted around all day long, you know what I'm feeling.

So when I sign sheets these days, I fall in the category of "what an ugly signature" and there's literally nothing I can do about it. It takes me a week to sign 1,000 sheets and that's taking my time and going slow because I *have* to space out the work, I have no choice.

That's why I'm very sympathetic to authors who have a good reason for a bad signature, and I always feel a little bit of annoyance at those who CAN sign beautifully and choose not to do so. If you could sign a fancy, beautiful signature, why wouldn't you???

Brian

Thanks for giving a little of the behind the scenes info/frustration from a publisher's side. Fascinating.

Bunyip
02-18-2016, 02:41 PM
That's very interesting. Thanks Brian

zelig
02-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Brian, I've had back trouble for years. I can't say whether this will help you but I got a standing desk a couple years back and it really helped me.

AstroDad
02-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Random Tweet from December (https://twitter.com/realgdt/status/676194668351201280)

So how did that guy that replied get the book? I thought it never came out due to waiting on the author to sign the limitation pages? Or is there more than one?

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Random Tweet from December (https://twitter.com/realgdt/status/676194668351201280)

So how did that guy that replied get the book? I thought it never came out due to waiting on the author to sign the limitation pages? Or is there more than one?

Lucky is referring to the book he wrote with Jack Ketchum that we published.

Brian

AstroDad
02-18-2016, 03:50 PM

Brian

mea culpa...as you were

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 03:57 PM

Brian

mea culpa...as you were

That is also the extent of my ability to use Twitter, ha!

Brian James Freeman
02-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Brian, I've had back trouble for years. I can't say whether this will help you but I got a standing desk a couple years back and it really helped me.

Standing has, generally speaking, made the pain worse, but oddly enough light walking helps -- until I stop and then what I just did compounds the pain.

Considering I was training for a marathon 5 years ago, logging about 50 miles per week, this has really, really sucked. :)

That said, I'm trying a new (to me) medicine now that shows promise in helping with nerve related pain. So fingers crossed!

Brian

zelig
02-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Okay, hope it gets sorted out.

wolfehr
02-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Good luck Brian! I'm sending all my best thoughts and wishes. My dad got hit by a car a few years ago and has been dealing with chronic pain since, so I can somewhat empathize with what you must be going through. :grouphug:

jsweet
02-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Brian - Got that Shivers 3 you guys tracked down for me after I posted here - thanks so much. And very pleasantly surprised to find it signed by several of the authors.
You guys rock!

jhanic
02-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Brian, You are in my prayers.

John

Brian861
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
That's what happens when I open my mouth without knowing what I speak about. I should have known there was more going on here. I apologize profusely to Tom's family and friends and anyone I offended with my intended to be silly post. Now I just feel like a cad.

Kudos to you for stepping up!

Brian861
02-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Brian, is surgery an option or no? Also, I had decompression done on my neck several years back and it worked wonders. It doesn't last forever and you'd need to have it done probably at least once a year. That might be an option for ya also.

And I don't mind personally that you sign as "BJF". I've seen/have your signature :).

ESW
02-18-2016, 10:59 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GlennZSample.jpg

I think that's beautifully done... I particularly admire
Glenn's pen and ink work, but his painting is good too.

ESW
02-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Those Maitz paintings for The Shining are just gorgeous! Wow! :-)

Brian861
02-18-2016, 11:20 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/GlennZSample.jpg

I think that's beautifully done... I particularly admire
Glenn's pen and ink work, but his painting is good too.

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the share!

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 07:57 AM
Brian, is surgery an option or no? Also, I had decompression done on my neck several years back and it worked wonders. It doesn't last forever and you'd need to have it done probably at least once a year. That might be an option for ya also.

Three surgeons have looked at my films over the years. The two I trust say that surgery would be a flip of the coin, and there's a good chance it would make things worse. The one that I don't trust wanted to jump right in and do it before trying anything else. Part of the problem with the surgery, besides the odds, is that it would set off a chain reaction up my spine to the next disc, starting the degeneration there, leading to more future surgery, etc -- whether it helped or not. Also, 9 months of rehab (no lifting at all for the first 4 months) is very tough with two kids under 2.5 years old. :)

But these new (to me) meds seem very promising, so I have my fingers crossed!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Brian - Got that Shivers 3 you guys tracked down for me after I posted here - thanks so much. And very pleasantly surprised to find it signed by several of the authors.
You guys rock!

You're welcome! Glad we could help with at least one of the titles you need!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Good luck Brian! I'm sending all my best thoughts and wishes. My dad got hit by a car a few years ago and has been dealing with chronic pain since, so I can somewhat empathize with what you must be going through. :grouphug:

Chronic pain just plain sucks! It's also so tough to describe to people, even when you make your living with words. King has done a great job of describing this kind of pain over the years, though -- of course, he's pretty darn good with his use of words!!

Brian

Brian861
02-19-2016, 08:46 AM
But these new (to me) meds seem very promising, so I have my fingers crossed! Brian

Hopefully so, brother.

Pasiuk57
02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Brian
good luck. Backs are the worse for injuries.
My wife had a surgery to trim the disc to free up a nerve. When she woke up she was perfect. Never had an issue since. Amazing.
She was fortunate.

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Brian
good luck. Backs are the worse for injuries.
My wife had a surgery to trim the disc to free up a nerve. When she woke up she was perfect. Never had an issue since. Amazing.
She was fortunate.

That's awesome!!!

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 09:26 AM
To move the conversation along from my stupid back, here's something fun I found when we cleaned out Rich's office... this will NOT be part of the "Cleaning Richard's Office Grab Bag," though... :)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/KingDoubleSigned.jpg

Brian

terrier91
02-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Nice

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 09:44 AM
While I'm in a sharing mood, here's the cover artwork by Vincent Chong for Cemetery Dance #74:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/magazinecover.jpg

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-19-2016, 09:49 AM
To move the conversation along from my stupid back, here's something fun I found when we cleaned out Rich's office... this will NOT be part of the "Cleaning Richard's Office Grab Bag," though... :)

Brian

I'll take it. Thanks! Is there a story behind the double signature from king? He must have an awesome office

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 09:50 AM
I'll take it. Thanks! Is there a story behind the double signature from king?

Our best guess... something exciting or frustrating happened at that moment in the Red Sox game on the TV and he forgot to slide the sheet after signing. ;)

Brian

Bev Vincent
02-19-2016, 09:50 AM
While I'm in a sharing mood, here's the cover artwork by Vincent Chong for Cemetery Dance #74:

Brian

The Fireman! That's fantastic!

T-Dogz_AK47
02-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Brian

OMG! OMG! I seriously WANT that!!!!! :drool: :panic:

Why did Stephen King sign it twice?

EDIT: I got too excited when I saw the picture and didn't notice the post above that answers why Stephen King signed it twice.... LOL!

Pasiuk57
02-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Nice to both photos!

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Brian

It may very well be my favorite cover for the magazine ever. And this issue is going to be something very special indeed. Might be our best issue ever, too. (And you know I don't say that unless I mean it!)

Brian

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:15 AM
That double signature is be-yoo-ti-ful!

Question for folks:
Has anyone pre ordered the Hodges Trilogy set?
I'm trying to decide on it, curious on peoples thoughts. Also can't decide whether to get it from CD for the art print(which will most likely be awesome) or Amazon and save $40. I've been too much of an impulse buyer with zero discipline lately. That was a direct quote from bunyip in a separate thread. lol. I agree with him!

webstar1000
02-19-2016, 10:17 AM

Brian

It may very well be my favorite cover for the magazine ever. And this issue is going to be something very special indeed. Might be our best issue ever, too. (And you know I don't say that unless I mean it!)

Brian

Man.. that is just... man... wow. LOVE IT!

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:26 AM

Brian

I agree with all above! This is a must have. LOVE this artwork. And the subject matter :)

carlosdetweiller
02-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Question for folks:
I'm trying to decide on it, curious on peoples thoughts.

I haven't seen it stated conclusively by anyone in the know whether or not all three books will be first printings. If they are not first printings I can't see that the set would hold much value at all.

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Question for folks:

I haven't seen it stated conclusively by anyone in the know whether or not all three books will be first printings. If they are not first printings I can't see that the set would hold much value at all.

I was wondering that too.....

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Not SK related but since this is a CD thread.....

A project I'm really excited for is The Washingtonians. I love Bentley Little(I actually found out about him through SK so I guess it is related.) I'm glad there's a publishing house giving this guy some respect. One of my favorite MOH episodes getting the book treatment!

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 10:45 AM

A project I'm really excited for is The Washingtonians. I love Bentley Little(I actually found out about him through SK so I guess it is related.) I'm glad there's a publishing house giving this guy some respect. One of my favorite MOH episodes getting the book treatment!

I just saw the signature sheets for that one headed out the door to the west coast, I think.

Brian

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:49 AM

I just saw the signature sheets for that one headed out the door to the west coast, I think.

Brian

This makes me happy! :) I think it's a wicked neat project.

jonp
02-19-2016, 10:51 AM

Question for folks:
I'm trying to decide on it, curious on peoples thoughts. Also can't decide whether to get it from CD for the art print(which will most likely be awesome) or Amazon and save $40. I've been too much of an impulse buyer with zero discipline lately. That was a direct quote from bunyip in a separate thread. lol. I agree with him!

The set are supposed to have matching dust jackets with new DJs for Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers. Whether they will be proper reissues with first printings, nobody knows as yet. It seems a bit soon to get reissues for those titles.

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 10:57 AM

Question for folks:

The set are supposed to have matching dust jackets with new DJs for Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers. Whether they will be proper reissues with first printings, nobody knows as yet. It seems a bit soon to get reissues for those titles.

Yes, it does seem rather soon doesn't it. I may have to get it though. I'm a sucker for pretty slipcases. lol

ICry4Oy
02-19-2016, 11:03 AM
If I were a betting man I'd wager the author with the crappy signature who had their trilogy cancelled by CD had the initials of JB. That signed limited had a signature that was Pure shit.

zelig
02-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Question for folks:

In terms of what value it might hold isn't really important to me. I'm getting it because I like to have as many states of books that I have enjoyed. As to whether to get it or not, that depends on your collecting goals. I say go for it.

Randall Flagg
02-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Question for folks:

The extra $40 paid to Cemetery Dance not only gets you the print, but it helps keep a wonderful small publishing company in business.

If you are not on Cemetery Dance's email list, I suggest you sign up. Every so often CD offers gift certificates or special short term discounts to members, and the value is far more than $40. Plus, Amazon is a corporate behemoth that seeks to dominate the world (along with Starbucks, Apple, ebay and Google).

Patrick
02-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Brian, sorry to hear about your back. That sucks, man. I hope you find relief as you explore your options.

That cover by Chong is amazing!

Bunyip
02-19-2016, 12:23 PM
If the books were first printings I would be on it. I don't think they will be or they would have said it in their blurb. Brian, can you please clarify if these will be first prints, or a mush mash like the DT box set? Cheers.

Brian James Freeman
02-19-2016, 12:27 PM
If the books were first printings I would be on it. I don't think they will be or they would have said it in their blurb. Brian, can you please clarify if these will be first prints, or a mush mash like the DT box set? Cheers.

I haven't heard back from our sales rep yet, but I did ask!

Brian

Bunyip
02-19-2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks mate! Very interested to know.

carlosdetweiller
02-19-2016, 12:33 PM

Just thinking out loud here. The books themselves are not expensive. So, let's say that in the box you found that Mr. Mercedes was a later print. It wouldn't really be that big of a deal to swap it out for a first edition.

Bunyip
02-19-2016, 12:36 PM
I was thinking it wouldn't be hard to swap out covers, there's plenty of them out there at a reasonable price.....

Bunyip
02-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Sorry mate, didn't see your post.

carlosdetweiller
02-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Sorry mate, didn't see your post.

Great minds, thinking alike!

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Question for folks:

In terms of what value it might hold isn't really important to me. I'm getting it because I like to have as many states of books that I have enjoyed. As to whether to get it or not, that depends on your collecting goals. I say go for it.

That's how I feel. I also like to get multiples of my personal fave SK books and I really do like this trilogy(well, pretty sure EOW will be awesome. Haven't read it yet. lol)so I am definitely leaning towards going for it. Did I say leaning? Please, I'm going for it :)

Beverly Marsh
02-19-2016, 12:56 PM

Question for folks:

The extra $40 paid to Cemetery Dance not only gets you the print, but it helps keep a wonderful small publishing company in business.

If you are not on Cemetery Dance's email list, I suggest you sign up. Every so often CD offers gift certificates or special short term discounts to members, and the value is far more than $40. Plus, Amazon is a corporate behemoth that seeks to dominate the world (along with Starbucks, Apple, ebay and Google).

Oh yes, I've bought many things from CD and love what they do. I try to support them whenever I can. I heard from Brian on this subject and all is okay ;)

T-Dogz_AK47
02-19-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your degenerative disc, Brian. Back pain is a real bitch and I really feel for you, my friend! I hope that it gets better real soon! :couple:

TCCBodhi
02-19-2016, 05:43 PM

Question for folks:

That "supporting a small publisher" reason is by far the best reason to get this through CD. I haven't bought it from anyone yet. Since we may be pending an answer on if they'll be first printings with a 2nd state DJ that would be a deciding factor certainly. Perhaps knowing at least WHO the artist is would be the other piece, if that could be shared yet?

TCCBodhi
02-19-2016, 05:46 PM

Just thinking out loud here. The books themselves are not expensive. So, let's say that in the box you found that Mr. Mercedes was a later print. It wouldn't really be that big of a deal to swap it out for a first edition.

Would that add value, since it really isn't "As Issued"? Asking as a legitimate question, I don't know.

Randall Flagg
02-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Would that add value, since it really isn't "As Issued"? Asking as a legitimate question, I don't know.
Until they are issued, we wont know.
If they are all trade 1st's with the new dj, it doesn't matter.
If some, but not all of each version are 1st's, then the swap makes sense.
If none are 1st's then swapping makes sense as the "historical" value of a bunch of later printigs is greatly diminished and swapping is the only way to improve the package.

Brian861
02-19-2016, 08:48 PM

Brian

Has #73 finished up yet, Brian and shipped? I haven't gotten a shipping notice and I'm a subscriber. #74 is awesome! Art like that deserves a little HC action ;).

Brian861
02-19-2016, 09:27 PM

Question for folks:

I did, Beverly pretty much the second I got the offer via CD's CDCC email. That being said, I'm preparing to be disappointed as CD has beautifully matched every title with a slipcase that I feel will have tons more 'curb appeal' on your shelves than this set coming out. Matter of fact, if you don't have any of their slipcases, I'd head over there now and get all the ones ya need and beg, steal, and borrow for the out of stock ones! LOL. But I'm a huge slipcase fanboy so you'll have the excuse the enthusiasm :). The production of the trilogy together I feel would have been better handled by a small press. I have a feeling the slipcase that Scribner is doing will have a cheap look/feel to it. But I just about insist on having all these variants so that will be on me since I purchased it.

The extra $40 paid to Cemetery Dance not only gets you the print, but it helps keep a wonderful small publishing company in business. If you are not on Cemetery Dance's email list, I suggest you sign up. Every so often CD offers gift certificates or special short term discounts to members, and the value is far more than $40. Plus, Amazon is a corporate behemoth that seeks to dominate the world (along with Starbucks, Apple, ebay and Google).

I couldn't agree more with Jerome on this point. If you make a lot of purchases from CD, I'd strongly suggest ya join the CDCC next time it comes around for sign up. Plus you'll get tons of offers regular subscribers never see. Of course you'll be broke all the time like me, but hey, we all have to have our things :)

Bunyip
02-20-2016, 04:48 AM
I'm agonising over this one....I hadn't thought of the slipcase quality being poor. I guess I'm used to the CD ones which are generally stellar....

Brian James Freeman
02-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Has #73 finished up yet, Brian and shipped? I haven't gotten a shipping notice and I'm a subscriber. #74 is awesome! Art like that deserves a little HC action ;).

At the printer and should ship in late March. It was going to ship around New Year's, but they discovered they printed two sections out of order and it all had to be pulped. At least they found it before a lot of additional money was wasted on postage!!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Perhaps knowing at least WHO the artist is would be the other piece, if that could be shared yet?

Let me find out if he's okay with his name being posted. The artwork isn't done yet and sometimes the artist prefers not to have any info posted while the work is in progress. I will report back as soon as I can!

Brian

Brian861
02-20-2016, 09:49 AM

At the printer and should ship in late March. It was going to ship around New Year's, but they discovered they printed two sections out of order and it all had to be pulped. At least they found it before a lot of additional money was wasted on postage!!

Brian

Thanks, Brian! I normally don't ask when things are expected; you guys catch enough flack (and I probably will too due to this post) from impatient folks. The news of #74 just had me curious as to the whereabouts of #73. So it's all good :). On a side note; my additional Finders Keepers slipcase is due in today :).

Joe315
02-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Any one here looking for a copy of Shivers II? I found a nice copy today and I'd like to pass it on.

stroppygoblin
02-22-2016, 09:16 AM
:excited: The Shining :excited:

"...and thats all I have to say on that" - Forrest Gump

webstar1000
02-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Interesting news on the Shining.... might be a big surprise included... Any guess's out there?

herbertwest
02-22-2016, 09:36 AM
A newsletter was sent by CD about THE SHINING?

Joe315
02-22-2016, 09:42 AM

Those who have ordered a copy should have gotten one. I don't know that it's been up for sale by itself but there was an opportunity to buy the remaining books in the set in advance some time last year.

stroppygoblin
02-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Interesting news on the Shining.... might be a big surprise included... Any guess's out there?

Those who have ordered a copy should have gotten one. I don't know that it's been up for sale by itself but there was an opportunity to buy the remaining books in the set in advance some time last year.

... The first rule of Fight Club... :evil:

Aronstg
02-22-2016, 10:16 AM

There always seems to be one person Haha

Roseannebarr
02-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.

webstar1000
02-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.

Is here not ok to talk about it? Brian, can you chime in my man and confirm this... if not... I apologize... thought here was ok.

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 11:42 AM

Is here not ok to talk about it? Brian, can you chime in my man and confirm this... if not... I apologize... thought here was ok.

It would be ideal not to discuss it here until after the official announcement, but there's no harm in anything that's been posted here. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 11:45 AM
And that said, everyone here has seen photos of this piece of artwork, so here's the link to the image I included in today's update:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/DD/TheShiningJackAttacks.jpg

Brian

Roseannebarr
02-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Please do not share this anywhere** yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.

i just read the fine print.

**anywhere does not include thedarktower.org. :excited:

zelig
02-22-2016, 11:51 AM
It always surprises me how some people have a hard time following a very simple request. The email says, "Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet."

Pretty clear to me. I guess some folks just have a hard time respecting the rules.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-22-2016, 12:15 PM
It always surprises me how some people have a hard time following a very simple request. The email says, "Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet."

Pretty clear to me. I guess some folks just have a hard time respecting the rules.

Rules are there to be broken. :evil:

Therefore, I can now reveal with absolute certainty what the SPECTACULAR Bonus Material is! :excited:

But don't worry, I will place the answer inside a spoiler tag.... :ninja:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/95bc4c7f-cebd-45fa-aa9b-c2d4e6c767df_zpsm7gyizou.jpg
ROFL! :lol: :nana:

jhanic
02-22-2016, 12:35 PM
And that said, everyone here has seen photos of this piece of artwork, so here's the link to the image I included in today's update:

Brian

Impressive! I just set it up as my desktop.

John

Dan
02-22-2016, 12:56 PM

Brian

John

That's funny. I did the same earlier. I actually removed a cute picture of my daughter for this one.

jhanic
02-22-2016, 01:03 PM
I've had the cover from the US Wind Through the Keyhole before this one.

John

Beverly Marsh
02-22-2016, 01:03 PM

Question for folks:

I did, Beverly pretty much the second I got the offer via CD's CDCC email. That being said, I'm preparing to be disappointed as CD has beautifully matched every title with a slipcase that I feel will have tons more 'curb appeal' on your shelves than this set coming out. Matter of fact, if you don't have any of their slipcases, I'd head over there now and get all the ones ya need and beg, steal, and borrow for the out of stock ones! LOL. But I'm a huge slipcase fanboy so you'll have the excuse the enthusiasm :). The production of the trilogy together I feel would have been better handled by a small press. I have a feeling the slipcase that Scribner is doing will have a cheap look/feel to it. But I just about insist on having all these variants so that will be on me since I purchased it.

The extra $40 paid to Cemetery Dance not only gets you the print, but it helps keep a wonderful small publishing company in business. If you are not on Cemetery Dance's email list, I suggest you sign up. Every so often CD offers gift certificates or special short term discounts to members, and the value is far more than $40. Plus, Amazon is a corporate behemoth that seeks to dominate the world (along with Starbucks, Apple, ebay and Google).

I couldn't agree more with Jerome on this point. If you make a lot of purchases from CD, I'd strongly suggest ya join the CDCC next time it comes around for sign up. Plus you'll get tons of offers regular subscribers never see. Of course you'll be broke all the time like me, but hey, we all have to have our things :)

thanks for the input. I also love a lovely slipcase and have ordered several from CD which I agree, are very nice. I am getting the Doubleday set of books(as they come out. Missed the bundle pre order). Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of :)

Beverly Marsh
02-22-2016, 01:05 PM
I'm agonising over this one....I hadn't thought of the slipcase quality being poor. I guess I'm used to the CD ones which are generally stellar....

Remember that impulsive buyer/zero discipline thing? Yeah, I pre ordered it ;)

herbertwest
02-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Ah yes, I totally forgot reading about a member here that got the original artwork. But yes, I was convinced that I didn't hear about the CD edition before !

I'd love to get it, but I have the Subterranean Press edition and I am skinned, so, unfortunately I'll pass.

stroppygoblin
02-22-2016, 02:45 PM

Brian

Brian, I'm curious to know if that artwork is an homage to the Subterranean Press additional cover? The similarities are quite striking, even down to Jack's pose, the clothes he is wearing and the design on the carpet...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1400682466-Shining%20wraparound%20cover.jpg

Br!an
02-22-2016, 02:48 PM
I doubt it.

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of :)

The Shining? Is that a book? Who wrote that one? ;) :)

Brian

Randall Flagg
02-22-2016, 04:51 PM
Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of :)

Brian
Stanley Kubrick?

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Brian

John

That's funny. I did the same earlier. I actually removed a cute picture of my daughter for this one.

Great, now Don Maitz is ripping families asunder with his artwork!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 04:52 PM

Brian

Brian, I'm curious to know if that artwork is an homage to the Subterranean Press additional cover? The similarities are quite striking, even down to Jack's pose, the clothes he is wearing and the design on the carpet...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1400682466-Shining%20wraparound%20cover.jpg

Not that I'm aware of, I suspect it was just a powerful image from the story!

Brian

AstroDad
02-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Hi Brian, do you have any news on when the remarqued Carrie Artwork Portfolios are due to ship?

I think we're looking at next month. Glenn did something kind of cool with these, he used a special "wash" as part of his process, but it means there's a slight wave to the sheets, so we're trying to flatten them back out as much as possible. We figure we'll give them another week under a lot of solid weight to see what happens. They're not BAD at all, but we figure the flatter they can be, the better, since they'll be in a folder. We'll include a note in the folder explaining the "wash" process and how it works.

Here are some of the samples if I didn't post them already:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques02.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques04.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques05.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques06.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques07.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques08.jpg

Brian

Hey, I got that last one from this post :)

edit:, oops...no I didn't. Wow, almost identical though...surprised there are two out of fifty so similar:

http://i.imgur.com/n0HA6Wp.jpg

Patrick
02-22-2016, 06:55 PM

Brian
I love this. Maitz hits it out of the park yet again.

TCCBodhi
02-22-2016, 07:37 PM
edit:, oops...no I didn't. Wow, almost identical though...surprised there are two out of fifty so similar:

http://i.imgur.com/n0HA6Wp.jpg

Wow, they ARE almost identical. I had to look multiple times back and forth. So I wonder how many we'll see of each scene?

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Wow, they ARE almost identical. I had to look multiple times back and forth. So I wonder how many we'll see of each scene?

I think Glenn did 8 or 9 different pieces. Some of the "same scene" ones vary more than this and some are pretty close to each other. The pig ones in particular get kind of nasty in a fun way.

Brian

TCCBodhi
02-22-2016, 09:08 PM

I think Glenn did 8 or 9 different pieces. Some of the "same scene" ones vary more than this and some are pretty close to each other. The pig ones in particular get kind of nasty in a fun way.

Brian

It will be fun to see the variations.

Brian861
02-22-2016, 10:18 PM

Brian
Stanley Kubrick?

Bite your tongue, man!

Brian861
02-22-2016, 10:30 PM

Concur.

Brian861
02-22-2016, 10:37 PM

.......apparently doesn't apply here :cool_002:

Brian861
02-22-2016, 10:44 PM
thanks for the input. I also love a lovely slipcase and have ordered several from CD which I agree, are very nice. I am getting the Doubleday set of books(as they come out. Missed the bundle pre order). Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of :)

I was late to the dance as well, Beverly but was lucky enough to get in on a matching numbered set of AEs moving forward :). 'Salem's Lot is going to kick ass and it only will get better from there.

Beverly Marsh
02-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Is it too late to order The Fireman slipcase? The link seems to be gone....

Brian861
02-26-2016, 09:00 AM

They've probably closed the preorder window, Beverly but they almost always have extras once they start shipping. Who knows though, maybe Brian can hook ya up :).

amd013
02-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Hi Brian,

Just curious if you have shipped all the books from your recent (late Jan) CDCC6 sale of the books in your storage unit. I bought two books, one arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything about the other. I looked and couldn't find any shipping notices for the first book. It just showed up. The purchases where on Jan 20 and Jan 22. Not sure which one is the one that showed up.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian861
02-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Hi Brian,

Just curious if you have shipped all the books from your recent (late Jan) CDCC6 sale of the books in your storage unit. I bought two books, one arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything about the other. I looked and couldn't find any shipping notices for the first book. It just showed up. The purchases where on Jan 20 and Jan 22. Not sure which one is the one that showed up.

Thanks,
Mike

Howdy, Mike. Not the 'Brian' you're looking for but what I do is keep a separate folder in my email for all my CD orders and delete them once the books/products arrive. Just a suggestion to kinda keep track of what ya got going with them :). I think I currently have like 15 or so preorders LOL! Good luck!

Beverly Marsh
02-26-2016, 12:08 PM

They've probably closed the preorder window, Beverly but they almost always have extras once they start shipping. Who knows though, maybe Brian can hook ya up :).

Maybe I'll send him a little begging message and ask :)
As to your other post, I had to lol as I do the same thing with all of my CD/PS/whomever preorders! We wouldn't be considered OCD would we? :orely: :)

Brian861
02-26-2016, 12:15 PM

As to your other post, I had to lol as I do the same thing with all of my CD/PS/whomever preorders! We wouldn't be considered OCD would we? :orely: :)

Begging doesn't hurt at all! LOL. It's how I was able to score my matched AE Doubledays from them.

We're collectors, Beverly. 'OCD' is our middle names :).

stroppygoblin
02-26-2016, 12:40 PM
You seem to be using the term 'OCD' as if it was a bad thing... :evil:

Beverly Marsh
02-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Hahaha! OCD is a much better middle name than anal. Just.......no :lol1:

DanHocker
02-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I can't really help you without some more information. Can you email me your CD account info including your order numbers for the two orders if you have them? Thanks!

amd013
02-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I can't really help you without some more information. Can you email me your CD account info including your order numbers for the two orders if you have them? Thanks!

Hi Dan,

PM Sent.

Thanks,
Mike

ruderabbit
02-26-2016, 05:30 PM

Begging doesn't hurt at all! LOL. It's how I was able to score my matched AE Doubledays from them.

We're collectors, Beverly. 'OCD' is our middle names :).
I just had to refer to a receipt for an order placed through a now defunct Horror Mall that went back to November 2011.

It's good to be OCD(and a collector)

~Mark

Bunyip
02-26-2016, 10:33 PM

Depends what bar you drink in!

Brian861
02-26-2016, 10:44 PM

Depends what bar you drink in!

As long as it's not one of these type bars, Benny! :emot-butt:

It's good to be OCD(and a collector)~Mark

Indeed!

Jimimck
02-27-2016, 03:14 AM
I have CDO. It's like OCD but in the correct order...

Brian861
02-27-2016, 09:18 AM
I have CDO. It's like OCD but in the correct order...

Now that's funny :lol:

Cwalker
02-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Took advantage of todays special and got the Joe Hill 20th CG anniversary edition. CD's generosity made it very easy to do!
Now, I can get it signed in May. Win-Win!!!

Aronstg
02-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Took advantage of todays special and got the Joe Hill 20th CG anniversary edition. CD's generosity made it very easy to do!

Yeah it's one of the best deals they have ever had. Really excited to see what the free gifts are going to be!!

Cwalker
02-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Do you think they made the 290 sales?

Aronstg
02-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Well I'm pretty sure they are over 300 orders based on my first and last orders I made today.

Roseannebarr
02-29-2016, 06:02 PM

Yeah it's one of the best deals they have ever had. Really excited to see what the free gifts are going to be!!

I bet one is limited edition pork pie hat by Peter Straub!

Jimimck
02-29-2016, 07:04 PM
I picked up the Art Portfolio for Salem's Lot. Can't beat $21!!!

Aronstg
02-29-2016, 07:21 PM

I didn't even think of that!

Brian James Freeman
02-29-2016, 07:54 PM

Yeah, neither did I -- I was supposed to exclude a couple of things and completely forgot until the note had already sent... Oops...!

Brian

TCCBodhi
02-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Dark Tower Concordance for me.

peripheral
02-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Best of Shivers signed :cool:

Lurker
02-29-2016, 08:44 PM
This is probably an odd question - but I ordered something and used PayPal for the first time with CD.
The receipt went to the PayPal e-mail address - but that's not the one I have on record. Then went I went into edit to see if it had been changed and the whole form page was blank.
So - did it change my e-mail and do I have to refill my form or does it just come up blank in edit? (which is strange - I've never had that happen before).

Brian James Freeman
02-29-2016, 09:01 PM
This is probably an odd question - but I ordered something and used PayPal for the first time with CD.
The receipt went to the PayPal e-mail address - but that's not the one I have on record. Then went I went into edit to see if it had been changed and the whole form page was blank.
So - did it change my e-mail and do I have to refill my form or does it just come up blank in edit? (which is strange - I've never had that happen before).

Weird stuff! Did you receive an email confirmation from our site at all?

Brian

Lurker
02-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Yes - it went to the PP e-mail address. I was waiting for the receipt because I read somewhere to wait for the receipt, then reply asking for the number I wanted. So, I did that when I finally realized it went to the other address. On the receipt under the bill to and ship to it had the PP address.
Really just wondering if it changed my regular e-mail, since when I went in to edit form all the info was blank.
Just curious; I can just go in and refill out the info form. Thanks Brian.

Brian861
02-29-2016, 11:29 PM

Not sure if you read my post in the PS thread but you'll be disappointed with the slipcase. Good enough to get you through the signing but I'd upgrade to an aftermarket after that. Just my .02 :).

I picked up Owen King's We're All in This Together and you guessed it; another slipcase. Never can have to many right? :unsure:

Jimimck
03-01-2016, 12:54 AM

Yeah, neither did I -- I was supposed to exclude a couple of things and completely forgot until the note had already sent... Oops...!

Brian

Brian, if there was an error and you need to cancel those orders to avoid selling at a loss, I'd have no issue with that. You guys have been good to me in the past so I wouldn't want to be putting you in a position to honour a discount that wasn't intended.

Cheers
James

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2016, 07:27 AM

Brian

Brian, if there was an error and you need to cancel those orders to avoid selling at a loss, I'd have no issue with that. You guys have been good to me in the past so I wouldn't want to be putting you in a position to honour a discount that wasn't intended.

Cheers
James

Naw, when it's my fault, we just dock the dogs' pay until the accounts balance:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/threedogs.jpg

Seriously, though, no worries! I forgot and you got a deal, it's cool! :)

Best,
Brian

Roseannebarr
03-01-2016, 08:20 AM

Brian

Cheers
James

Very nice James! After i read your post, i thought of ordering another one! Entered the order, but couldnt push the button. Did not want to take advantage! Great deal!

Roseannebarr
03-01-2016, 08:21 AM

Brian

Cheers
James

Naw, when it's my fault, we just dock the dogs' pay until the accounts balance:

Seriously, though, no worries! I forgot and you got a deal, it's cool! :)

Best,
Brian

Poor dogs! I will send a bag of beggin strips to compensate. Not their fault!!!

zelig
03-01-2016, 08:21 AM
I've said it before and will say it again. Love the dogs!

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Bev's new essay about Pet Sematary has been posted:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/a-mans-heart-is-stonier-by-bev-vincent/

Brian

Br!an
03-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Ben Nincent? :evil:

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Oops, I meant Ven Bincent!

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Oops, I meant Ven Bincent!

OR: That's what happens when I let the dogs do the posting!

Take your pick, ha! ;)

Brian861
03-01-2016, 08:53 AM
I've said it before and will say it again. Love the dogs!

Agree! Great looking gang. Although they look none-to-happy about the pay cut :mad:

Lookwhoitis
03-01-2016, 08:56 AM
UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE

GREAT SALE!

TOO BAD I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT!

I LOSE!

lol

(And i needed a salem's lot portfolio too)

T-Dogz_AK47
03-01-2016, 08:58 AM

Take your pick, ha! ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/9ebab10e-f07b-4a0f-8f62-8731eb60af27_zpshzafyopq.jpg

Lookwhoitis
03-01-2016, 09:02 AM
I am just so snakebit with Cemetery Dance... lol :panic:

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2016, 09:31 AM

Take your pick, ha! ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/9ebab10e-f07b-4a0f-8f62-8731eb60af27_zpshzafyopq.jpg

Well, this pretty much wins my entire day. The use of a GSP really sealed the deal, too!

Lookwhoitis
03-01-2016, 09:55 AM
I really :heart: those dogs :D