PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

dnemec
12-09-2015, 07:44 PM
I have 10 things on order with CD. If I could get a shipping notice on any of them this week that would be swell lol

I wish I knew how many I have!

zelig
12-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to thank Brian for the Duma Key slipcase notice. I ordered myself one and got rid of the horrible Overlook slipcase on my book. Thanks for the heads-up, Brian! My book is much happier now!

Brian, I can't find the Duma Key slipcase to order. I would love one to replace my ugly Overlook one! Thanks!

Kerry if they're sold out or you can't get one for any reason, I have an extra one.

Roseannebarr
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Brian,

Any update on Intro to Alien Invasion by Owen King and Mark Jude Poirier? I thought this was released a month or two ago.

received my Intro to Alien Invasion. My draw dropped when I opened it and saw how the signatures are on a sticker. on a bookplate! I thought, CD has never done this before.. How CHEAP. IT IS ON CROOKED! then I remembered that they were just selling them and I laughed at my terrible memory. 3 signatures on a book plate!!! was it advertised that way? Very disappointed. and its on crooked!

Is there a better copy still at the ware house? My apologies for even thinking that CD could produce this!

herbertwest
12-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Postedin the CD forums...

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2560-Small-World-by-Tabitha-King

I don't know anything about her books. Has anyone here read her?

This is her first and only supernatural novel (save for Candles Burning, which is a collaborative Southern Gothic). Her subsequent books were mostly "Nodd's Ridge" novels, slice of life stories set in a fictional Maine town with ongoing characters. These are very good indeed. My favorite is One on One.

By the way, Steve read the audiobook version of ONE ON ONE.

webstar1000
12-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Hey Brian, when do you think a pic of the final product of Salems will be ready to show us?

Cook
12-10-2015, 05:31 AM
What's up CDance !
Pretty disappointed with my recent CDance order...
I ordered and paid for 2 slipcases (to soften the shipping cost) only received 1.
No note inside box, no phone call or text, no email with explanation.

webstar1000
12-10-2015, 05:52 AM
What's up CDance !
I ordered and paid for 2 slipcases (to soften the shipping cost) only received 1.

I wouldn't stress... I can't think of ONE time CD has let me or anyone I know down... They are a TOP NOTCH company in my opinion!!!

Theli
12-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Yeah I would just contact them and ask about the situation. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how they are handled afterwards that shows the true mark of a person (or company in this case).

Kingfan24
12-10-2015, 06:56 AM
Yeah my intro to alien invasion came in with a damaged spine

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 07:05 AM
What's up CDance !
Have you contacted them and given them a chance to rectify the situation?

Cook
12-10-2015, 07:47 AM
What's up CDance !

Yep,
BTW, what's the point of this thread?
Is it just for praise or am I not allowed to voice my disappointment.
I never said I didn't like CDance, just whatup w/my order.

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2015, 08:01 AM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

If you are critical of CD in this thread you run the risk of receiving anonymous negative rep points. I speak from experience.

Kingfan24
12-10-2015, 08:03 AM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

If you are critical of CD in this thread you run the risk of receiving anonymous negative rep points. I speak from experience.

And I second that experience with my own experience

stroppygoblin
12-10-2015, 08:11 AM
I see the thread as a unique way of having contact with the publisher on upcoming and interesting announcements. I'm sure praise is welcomed by Brian and his team and he has always dealt with un-handled complaints quickly in the past. I don't think it should be used as a shortcut to contacting CD directly about an issue you may have had. I'm sure if you email (or call) them they will resolve (and explain) your issue.

webstar1000
12-10-2015, 08:17 AM
I see the thread as a unique way of having contact with the publisher on upcoming and interesting announcements. I'm sure praise is welcomed by Brian and his team and he has always dealt with un-handled complaints quickly in the past. I don't think it should be used as a shortcut to contacting CD directly about an issue you may have had. I'm sure if you email (or call) them they will resolve (and explain) your issue.

100% agree

sentinel
12-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to thank Brian for the Duma Key slipcase notice. I ordered myself one and got rid of the horrible Overlook slipcase on my book. Thanks for the heads-up, Brian! My book is much happier now!

Brian, I can't find the Duma Key slipcase to order. I would love one to replace my ugly Overlook one! Thanks!

Kerry if they're sold out or you can't get one for any reason, I have an extra one.

Cool, thanks. Haven't heard back from CD yet. I assume they have them just not on the site.

Roseannebarr
12-10-2015, 08:22 AM

Cool, thanks. Haven't heard back from CD yet. I assume they have them just not on the site.

I did a search last night using the product code and it came up empty. i am assuming they are sold out again. In previous posts, brian posted the link, but i cant find that post.

Only Brian will know for sure.

jhanic
12-10-2015, 08:25 AM
I have noticed that replies to emails are taking a bit longer than usual with CD. I'm sure it has to do with the volume of stuff they're doing. Just be patient.

John

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 08:56 AM
What's up CDance !

We have lots of help in the warehouse right now for the holidays, some mistakes are bound to happen no matter how hard everyone tries, but if you email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com (or reply to your order email if you still have it!), she can get the missing case sent out ASAP.

Brian

Theli
12-10-2015, 09:00 AM

And, you know, Brian has said in the past he likes to receive feedback, negative or positive, but this isn't any form of constructive feedback, it's just complaining. Like I was saying, if you have a customer issue contact CD directly, nobody is perfect and mistakes happen.

When a small thing had gone wrong with one of my orders they did right by rectifying the situation at their own expense, and I think that says a lot about the type of business they run. Hell even big name distributors like Amazon, or websites like Ebay haven't treated me nearly as well as CD. It seems unfair to air dirty laundry without giving them a chance to fix the issue.

Edit: ^and there you have it!

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Brian,

Any update on Intro to Alien Invasion by Owen King and Mark Jude Poirier? I thought this was released a month or two ago.

received my Intro to Alien Invasion. My draw dropped when I opened it and saw how the signatures are on a sticker. on a bookplate! I thought, CD has never done this before.. How CHEAP. IT IS ON CROOKED! then I remembered that they were just selling them and I laughed at my terrible memory. 3 signatures on a book plate!!! was it advertised that way? Very disappointed. and its on crooked!

Is there a better copy still at the ware house? My apologies for even thinking that CD could produce this!

Drop Mindy an email at order@cemeterydance.com, we have extras! The bookplate was a necessity because one of the contributors has a terrible back problem and couldn't handle receiving and signing 400 copies of the actual book. We thought this was a stylish way to make it possible for him to still sign the book, but we understand if you're unhappy with it. You can definitely return the book for a full refund if you'd like.

Here's what the bookplate looks like for those who are curious:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/IntroBookplate.jpg

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 09:20 AM
The Duma Key slipcase is most likely sold out again, there is a chance we might have one or two left when all is said and done, but we didn't want to oversell. If you could email me at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com with Duma Key Slipcase in the subject line, I'll write you back personally as soon as I know next week.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 09:23 AM
I have noticed that replies to emails are taking a bit longer than usual with CD. I'm sure it has to do with the volume of stuff they're doing. Just be patient.

John

Email volume is way up because of the seven new books that are shipping this month, and the holidays, but if you don't hear back within two business days, please always feel free to PM me with the info and I'll look into it for you, just to be sure something didn't go missing somewhere along the way.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Hey Brian, when do you think a pic of the final product of Salems will be ready to show us?

Not sure, it'll depend on when the slipcases are done, although I will have finished books before that. We're just now receiving the proof materials from the printer, and those will continue trickling in through next week. The first one to arrive was the dust jacket proof... check out the SPINE WIDTH measurement, this is going to be a big book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotspineproof.jpg

Brian

jreitan47
12-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Looks good Brian!!

Br!an
12-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I have 10 things on order with CD. If I could get a shipping notice on any of them this week that would be swell lol

I wish I knew how many I have!

:emot-roflolmao:

The Library Policeman
12-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Brian, my Carrie portfolio hasn't shown up as yet and I got my shipping notification on 20th Nov. The stuff you guys ship to me usually takes 10-14 days to get to me here in the UK. Time of year a factor here maybe?

Thanks!

Br!an
12-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Me too!

The CD case is so much prettier! I really like the blue and the shimmery lettering.

That red POS that Overlook made is hideous.

In other news... I have a Overlook Duma Key slipcase available. PM me! :wtf:

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Brian, my Carrie portfolio hasn't shown up as yet and I got my shipping notification on 20th Nov. The stuff you guys ship to me usually takes 10-14 days to get to me here in the UK. Time of year a factor here maybe?

Thanks!

I'll point Dan here, he'll have a better idea than I do!

The Library Policeman
12-10-2015, 12:32 PM

Thanks!

Great! Thanks Brian :)

Roseannebarr
12-10-2015, 12:37 PM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

I just received anonymous negative rep points just because i read your post and cooks.

Br!an
12-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Thanks!

I received a notice for my lettered grab bag on the 20th. It actually shipped on the 9th.

Does tracking show anything?

Roseannebarr
12-10-2015, 01:17 PM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

I just received anonymous negative rep points just because i read your post and cooks.

I seriously just got a negative rep point for my attempt at humor above. someone said BAD POST. :razz: i got a few good posts too!

Br!an
12-10-2015, 01:18 PM
:emot-roflolmao:

Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck!

The Library Policeman
12-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Thanks!

I received a notice for my lettered grab bag on the 20th. It actually shipped on the 9th.

Does tracking show anything?

Ah right, thanks Brian.

I don't believe you get international tracking with the CD packages although I've never had an issue with one getting lost.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 01:46 PM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

You are more than welcome to express disappointment. This thread was founded by complaints about CD. I just asked a question.
Had you mentioned in your post that you had contacted CD X# of days ago and received no response, I wouldn't have asked.

Just a suggestion of how to handle a problem with CD:

1. Send Mindy an email about the problem. Allow a reasonable amount of time for a response. 5 Business days sounds fair regarding a slipcase. If it was something a bit more rare, 3 business days. Since you should have a record of paying for two slipcases, I can't imagine CD not having an extra to make your order complete.
2. PM Brian James Freeman. Allow a reasonable amount of time for a response. Perhaps 5 calendar days,.
3. Mention in the CD thread that you have received no response from CD, or BJF in X days.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 01:55 PM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

What's up CDance !

Yep,

Negative reputation should reveal who the member was that gave it.
Positive reputation with a negative comment is an abuse of the system and should be reported to me.

Anyone who has a question or a problem with reputation comments should contact me via PM.

Br!an
12-10-2015, 02:09 PM
PM sent because I received negative rep with no indication of who did it.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Looking into it. Hate to be wrong about my own site, but it looks like you are correct.
<---------------Ponders.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Positive reputation with a negative comment is an abuse of the system and should be reported to me.

Anyone who has a question or a problem with reputation comments should contact me via PM.

Looking into it. Hate to be wrong about my own site, but it looks like you are correct.
<---------------Ponders.

When I sent you a PM back in August, complaining that I had received anonymous negative rep for trying to help another member; you sent me the following reply:

"The concept of "anonymous" is just that.
People don't know who left them positive or negative rep."

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2015, 02:45 PM
<---------------Ponders.

The negative rep I have received has always been anonymous. I'm really not sure of the necessity of the negative rep option. If a post is truly offensive then it can be reported to the moderators and they can deal with it. Isn't that the function of a moderator?

Leaving anonymous negative rep points for any type of negative comment (even if in jest) about one of the sacred cows of this site (i.e. Cemetery Dance, Glenn Chadbourne, Betts Bookstore, etc.) is nothing more than an attempt to suppress freedom of speech and ideas different from your own. That should be the backbone of an effective message board. Anonymous bullying is really sort of cowardly. If someone doesn't like something I post I would appreciate a direct PM or call me out in a subsequent post. This cowardly b.s. of anonymous negative rep has really gotten old.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 02:47 PM

<---------------Ponders.

When I sent you a PM back in August, complaining that I had received anonymous negative rep for trying to help another member; you sent me the following reply:

"The concept of "anonymous" is just that.
People don't know who left them positive or negative rep."

You are correct. I made a mistake earlier regarding the sender of negative reputation being revealed to the recipient.

I can look to see each and every comment, including sender, recipient, rep points given or deducted, and actual comments. I can also delete the reputation.
Let's not derail the thread much more. Perhaps a separate thread to discuss the reputation feature is in order.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-10-2015, 02:54 PM
You are correct. I made a mistake earlier regarding the sender of negative reputation being revealed to the recipient.

I can look to see each and every comment, including sender, recipient, rep points given or deducted, and actual comments. I can also delete the reputation.
Let's not derail the thread much more. Perhaps a separate thread to discuss the reputation feature is in order.

The Reputation Feature thread is here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13440-quot-Reputation-quot-feature&highlight=reputation+feature (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13440-quot-Reputation-quot-feature&highlight=reputation+feature)

Right, back on topic....

Brian, you ROCK!!!! :smile:

Bunyip
12-10-2015, 03:18 PM
A few years ago I didn't recieve my FDNS gift edition. I sent Mindy a brief email, got a reply back within 24 hours, and had my replacement book in Australia within about 8-10 days. Nothing short of outstanding. I deal pretty much exclusively with Mindy. She is superb, very friendly, professional, and efficient. She is a great ambassador for CD, and as such I really enjoy dealing with these guys.

Drake69
12-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Just popping in to ask if there is any word on The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent yet. I know you all have been pretty busy of late and just wanted to see if it got pushed back again.

Thanks!

Br!an
12-10-2015, 05:04 PM
It is supposed to ship this month. Hold your breath.

Cook
12-10-2015, 05:17 PM
What's up CDance !

Yep,

You are more than welcome to express disappointment. This thread was founded by complaints about CD. I just asked a question.
Had you mentioned in your post that you had contacted CD X# of days ago and received no response, I wouldn't have asked.

Just a suggestion of how to handle a problem with CD:

1. Send Mindy an email about the problem. Allow a reasonable amount of time for a response. 5 Business days sounds fair regarding a slipcase. If it was something a bit more rare, 3 business days. Since you should have a record of paying for two slipcases, I can't imagine CD not having an extra to make your order complete.
2. PM Brian James Freeman. Allow a reasonable amount of time for a response. Perhaps 5 calendar days,.
3. Mention in the CD thread that you have received no response from CD, or BJF in X days.

So apparently I was given a negative reputation point as well... I'm truly baffled, guess I'm not sucking on the right tit or something.
Also for clarification.. what's the purpose of negative reputation points?
What do they "do" or "not do" for me?

Drake69
12-10-2015, 05:21 PM
It is supposed to ship this month. Hold your breath.

https://waterman99.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/clip_image0011.jpg

Brian James Freeman
12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Just popping in to ask if there is any word on The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent yet. I know you all have been pretty busy of late and just wanted to see if it got pushed back again.

Thanks!

Let me check with Dan, but I believe we have the books now and it's just a matter of packing and shipping our way to where they are! I will ask him to confirm when he can tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

Brian

dnemec
12-10-2015, 05:39 PM

Me too!

The CD case is so much prettier! I really like the blue and the shimmery lettering.

That red POS that Overlook made is hideous.

In other news... I have a Overlook Duma Key slipcase available. PM me! :wtf:

Yea, me too. Was thinking about putting it on a 1st and trying to get a schmuck on ebay to buy it ;)

Cook
12-10-2015, 06:19 PM
<---------------Ponders.

The negative rep I have received has always been anonymous. I'm really not sure of the necessity of the negative rep option. If a post is truly offensive then it can be reported to the moderators and they can deal with it. Isn't that the function of a moderator?

Leaving anonymous negative rep points for any type of negative comment (even if in jest) about one of the sacred cows of this site (i.e. Cemetery Dance, Glenn Chadbourne, Betts Bookstore, etc.) is nothing more than an attempt to suppress freedom of speech and ideas different from your own. That should be the backbone of an effective message board. Anonymous bullying is really sort of cowardly. If someone doesn't like something I post I would appreciate a direct PM or call me out in a subsequent post. This cowardly b.s. of anonymous negative rep has really gotten old.

Agree wholeheartedly with the cowardly neg rep observation,
So apparently I was given a negative reputation point as well... I'm truly baffled, guess I'm not sucking the right tit or something.
Also for clarification... what's the purpose of negative reputation points?
Can anybody clarify this for me?

Randall Flagg
12-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with the cowardly neg rep observation,
So apparently I was given a negative reputation point as well... I'm truly baffled, guess I'm not sucking the right tit or something.
Also for clarification... what's the purpose of negative reputation points?
Can anybody clarify this for me?

The best place to discuss the reputation feature is here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13440-quot-Reputation-quot-feature&highlight=reputation+feature (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?13440-quot-Reputation-quot-feature&highlight=reputation+feature)

Let's try to get this thread back on topic.

neo_trinity
12-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Generally I don’t get involved when people have disputes with a publisher, but in this instance I will, and I will explain why.

I have been purchasing from Cemetery Dance since 2002, when I was first introduced to them after “From a Buick 8” was announced. That was when I was first introduce to Mindy, and have been communicating with her ever since. Recently I made acquaintance with Brian, and I have had several correspondences with him as well.

In those 13 years that I have been buying books from them, I have moved countless times around the globe, changed email addresses more times than I can count, and have purchased books with a home address and email address that were both different by the time the book was published. Even with all those challenges, I have never NOT received a book, portfolio, magazine or the like in over a decade.

When I received my Buick 8 Lettered copy, my dust-jacket was slightly torn due to the shipping. It wasn’t CD’s fault, but Mindy was quick to replace my jacket immediately. When some books were delayed due to forces outside their control, Mindy also sent me a free hardback of “Blockade Billy” as a gift. When books arrived in less than perfect condition due to mishandling by USPS, a replacement was immediately issued at no cost to me. Even when I have offered to pay for shipping again, or replace the damaged book, no return was necessary.

Recently, a very expensive Lettered Edition book was published that my order was not found on their systems. It was ordered years earlier and my email had changed, my home address had changed and even I lost my original purchase order. Mindy and Brian took my word for it, and sent me my book. I was very grateful. The same thing happened with another US publisher, and they were not as genuine, and I was not sent my book, nor will I ever see it. All that publisher lost is my future business.

My point is, no company is flawless. No employee will never not make a mistake. Books can be delayed, arrive damaged, arrive missing, or arrive in a state that you are not impressed with in comparison with other publishers. Your options are to be disappointed, or accept it. If you are not happy, return it. If it is damaged or missing, contact them. If you think the quality is lacking, don’t buy again. You have plenty of options. What you should not do, is publicly call them out before you give them a chance to rectify the problem. Everyone deserves a chance to satisfy a customer first, before they have to read about it on a public forum. At that point, the damage is done. The influence that social media sites have on a business today is far greater than you realize. If the company is doing nothing to fix your problem and really don’t care about you as a person, then by all means, vent your frustrations with as many people as possible, but I don’t see any problems here recently that are deserving of this.

Today, there are plenty of things that can go wrong with this World unfortunately. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can be all that is needed to drastically change your life. The King community is not very big. Sure, it is made up of global members, but the pool of publishers is not massive. Speak to them first, they are human. They will do their best to serve you. We are all in this ride together. We are all connected by our love of an author and the words he puts to paper.

That’s all I have to say. Agree or disagree, you are all entitled to your opinions.

Gerald

MLG
12-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Brian,

Drop Mindy an email at order@cemeterydance.com, we have extras! The bookplate was a necessity because one of the contributors has a terrible back problem and couldn't handle receiving and signing 400 copies of the actual book. We thought this was a stylish way to make it possible for him to still sign the book, but we understand if you're unhappy with it. You can definitely return the book for a full refund if you'd like.

Here's what the bookplate looks like for those who are curious:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/IntroBookplate.jpg

Best,
Brian

My copy of Intro to Alien Invasion arrived in pristine condition, something that is always hit and miss with paperbacks in my experience. I personally like the bookplate idea for books that CD did not publish but are offering signed copies of. Great job guys!

The Library Policeman
12-11-2015, 05:27 AM

Thanks!

Great! Thanks Brian :)

Brian (and Dan) - scratch that. As tends to happen on these occasions, as soon as I mention it, a box just turns up from Cemetery Dance!

Thanks. :)

DanHocker
12-11-2015, 07:15 AM

Thanks!

Shoot me an email with your order number and I'll look into it.

Edit: should have scrolled to the end of the thread before replying.

Br!an
12-11-2015, 07:47 AM
I just received my Lettered grab bag.

The Revelation by Bentley Little letter VV and The Prophet by Michael Koryta letter PC...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4938.JPG

Which considering I already own both in the numbered editions worked out rather well...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4940.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4939.JPG

I suppose I'll have to get the trade editions now too!

The Library Policeman
12-11-2015, 07:56 AM

Thanks!

Shoot me an email with your order number and I'll look into it.

Edit: should have scrolled to the end of the thread before replying.

Lol thanks any way, Dan but it showed up this morning!

WeDealInLead
12-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Any idea if the grab bags will ship before Christmas? Thanks.

DanHocker
12-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Here's a rough shipping schedule for those asking. Currently we're shipping what we can of the latest book club. Probably about two thirds of them, the rest will be out early next year when the other two books get here (had to swap some titles out for some people who already had something on order). After that are the latest grab bag. Ideally those will start shipping towards the end of next week, but it's really hard to say, as I'm can't really estimate very well how long the book club is going to take. Then after that will be Dark Tower Companion probably in early January.

I'd say if anyone needs any of this stuff for Christmas email in now and we can try, if you're overseas you're probably too late as USPS is running really slow at the moment due to the holidays.

DanHocker
12-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Also for those asking about the Duma Key slipcases, we only had about 20 extras which sold out almost immediately after Brian posted about them here.

AstroDad
12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Is there an ETA on the remarqued Carrie Portfolios? Since you didn't mention them I assume the artist still has them :)

DanHocker
12-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Is there an ETA on the remarqued Carrie Portfolios? Since you didn't mention them I assume the artist still has them :)

Not yet, Glenn is still working on them. I should be able to turn them around pretty quickly once they do get here though.

zelig
12-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Generally I don’t get involved when people have disputes with a publisher, but in this instance I will, and I will explain why.

I have been purchasing from Cemetery Dance since 2002, when I was first introduced to them after “From a Buick 8” was announced. That was when I was first introduce to Mindy, and have been communicating with her ever since. Recently I made acquaintance with Brian, and I have had several correspondences with him as well.

In those 13 years that I have been buying books from them, I have moved countless times around the globe, changed email addresses more times than I can count, and have purchased books with a home address and email address that were both different by the time the book was published. Even with all those challenges, I have never NOT received a book, portfolio, magazine or the like in over a decade.

When I received my Buick 8 Lettered copy, my dust-jacket was slightly torn due to the shipping. It wasn’t CD’s fault, but Mindy was quick to replace my jacket immediately. When some books were delayed due to forces outside their control, Mindy also sent me a free hardback of “Blockade Billy” as a gift. When books arrived in less than perfect condition due to mishandling by USPS, a replacement was immediately issued at no cost to me. Even when I have offered to pay for shipping again, or replace the damaged book, no return was necessary.

Recently, a very expensive Lettered Edition book was published that my order was not found on their systems. It was ordered years earlier and my email had changed, my home address had changed and even I lost my original purchase order. Mindy and Brian took my word for it, and sent me my book. I was very grateful. The same thing happened with another US publisher, and they were not as genuine, and I was not sent my book, nor will I ever see it. All that publisher lost is my future business.

My point is, no company is flawless. No employee will never not make a mistake. Books can be delayed, arrive damaged, arrive missing, or arrive in a state that you are not impressed with in comparison with other publishers. Your options are to be disappointed, or accept it. If you are not happy, return it. If it is damaged or missing, contact them. If you think the quality is lacking, don’t buy again. You have plenty of options. What you should not do, is publicly call them out before you give them a chance to rectify the problem. Everyone deserves a chance to satisfy a customer first, before they have to read about it on a public forum. At that point, the damage is done. The influence that social media sites have on a business today is far greater than you realize. If the company is doing nothing to fix your problem and really don’t care about you as a person, then by all means, vent your frustrations with as many people as possible, but I don’t see any problems here recently that are deserving of this.

Today, there are plenty of things that can go wrong with this World unfortunately. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can be all that is needed to drastically change your life. The King community is not very big. Sure, it is made up of global members, but the pool of publishers is not massive. Speak to them first, they are human. They will do their best to serve you. We are all in this ride together. We are all connected by our love of an author and the words he puts to paper.

That’s all I have to say. Agree or disagree, you are all entitled to your opinions.

Gerald

Well said Gerald.

Dan
12-11-2015, 11:17 AM
With the understanding that CD is very busy, I was wondering about the slipcases for the Little Books by Borderland Press. I just want to make sure they weren't shipped and mine didn't come. No rush. Also, have the Skeleton Crew from PS arrived yet? I will assume these will be shipped next year.

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2015, 11:23 AM
With the understanding that CD is very busy, I was wondering about the slipcases for the Little Books by Borderland Press. I just want to make sure they weren't shipped and mine didn't come. No rush. Also, have the Skeleton Crew from PS arrived yet? I will assume these will be shipped next year.

I haven't heard from Tom if the slipcases for the Little Books set are ready yet, but I will email him now!

Approximately 50% of the copies of Skeleton Crew from PS Publishing have arrived, I believe. We can't start shipping until they're all here, unfortunately, because we need to match numbers from previous orders and it's crazy complicated to try to do that without all of the books. (It involves printing and then resetting the orders that we don't have books for, and there's an inherent risk that orders will not be reset properly if you do that.) As soon as they're all here, though, I believe Dan will be sliding them up to the top of the list.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2015, 11:25 AM

Gerald

Gerald, I just wanted to say thank you for your post. You're always great to work with when a problem does arise.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2015, 11:28 AM
My copy of Intro to Alien Invasion arrived in pristine condition, something that is always hit and miss with paperbacks in my experience. I personally like the bookplate idea for books that CD did not publish but are offering signed copies of. Great job guys!

We've never considered doing bookplates before this contributor explained his medical situation to us, but we've received a lot of very positive feedback about them. I will note that, in the future, if we realize we need to use bookplates for whatever reason, we WILL note that in the announcement.

Also, it sounds like the "friends of the family" helpers in the warehouse weren't as precise with applying some of the bookplates as Dan would have been. If anyone has any problems or questions or concerns about their order, just let Mindy know (order@cemeterydance.com) and she'll help you out!

Brian

webstar1000
12-11-2015, 11:35 AM

We've never considered doing bookplates before this contributor explained his medical situation to us, but we've received a lot of very positive feedback about them. I will note that, in the future, if we realize we need to use bookplates for whatever reason, we WILL note that in the announcement.

Also, it sounds like the "friends of the family" helpers in the warehouse weren't as precise with applying some of the bookplates as Dan would have been. If anyone has any problems or questions or concerns about their order, just let Mindy know (order@cemeterydance.com) and she'll help you out!

Brian

Brain, can I ask a question concerning Mindy. She looks after your database of customers correct? Does she work a 40 hour work week? Does she get a break? Man oh man... she must get 1000's of emails a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad1:

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Brain, can I ask a question concerning Mindy. She looks after your database of customers correct? Does she work a 40 hour work week? Does she get a break? Man oh man... she must get 1000's of emails a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad1:

She gets a few hundred emails every day, ha!

Brian

The Library Policeman
12-11-2015, 12:12 PM

She gets a few hundred emails every day, ha!

Brian

Mindy's great. The last time I spoke with her there was a mix up over my Dark Man portfolio number matching my S/L. She was genuinely more annoyed about it than I was! Lol

She's deffo a keeper, Brian :D

Br!an
12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Brain, can I ask a question concerning Mindy.

Sure you can.

richardsrarebooks
12-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Received shipping notices for the 2015 book club (6 books); The Dark Tower Companion and the Lettered edition (4 books) grab bag. Looks like it's going to be a great Christmas!

AstroDad
12-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Holy crap, this actually worked! Got a shipping notice today!

Maybe I will post this every Monday...:orely:

Cook
12-12-2015, 06:48 AM
What's up CDance !

We have lots of help in the warehouse right now for the holidays, some mistakes are bound to happen no matter how hard everyone tries, but if you email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com (or reply to your order email if you still have it!), she can get the missing case sent out ASAP.

Brian

Brian,
Received my 2nd slipcase yesterday, Thanks

RichardX
12-14-2015, 04:45 PM
What was the price on the lettered edition of the Tabitha King book?

richardsrarebooks
12-14-2015, 04:59 PM
It listed at $200 and CDCC members could purchase it for $150. It sold out in 9 hours.

dnemec
12-14-2015, 06:07 PM
I was debating on the Tabitha King book, but I caved today. I don't know why I even bother waiting! ;)

Brian James Freeman
12-15-2015, 07:27 AM
I was debating on the Tabitha King book, but I caved today. I don't know why I even bother waiting! ;)

The Limited Edition sold out less than a week after the announcement. Thank you to everyone who supported this title! We hope you're pleased by the presentation of the book we're putting together, and we can't wait to show off the other Tabitha King projects we have in the works!

Brian

Jimimck
12-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Great service from CD yet again - I received my replacement Carrie artwork folder today, in perfect condition. Thanks team.

webstar1000
12-17-2015, 04:23 AM
This is going strong on Ebay right now guys.. any support be appreciated! Hey Brian... maybe give all the other CD members the heads up for me???????????? They might be VERY happy with you for pointing out the opportunity to own it. There is only two other pieces not in the book and this is one of them... AND will be in the art portfolio!!! PLUS I will love you forever:):):)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301821829415?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

jsmcmullen92
12-17-2015, 05:36 AM
This is going strong on Ebay right now guys.. any support be appreciated! Hey Brian... maybe give all the other CD members the heads up for me???????????? They might be VERY happy with you for pointing out the opportunity to own it. There is only two other pieces not in the book and this is one of them... AND will be in the art portfolio!!! PLUS I will love you forever:):):)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301821829415?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just got outbid on it. Who knows if the timing works out I might throw another bid at it.

webstar1000
12-17-2015, 06:00 AM

I just got outbid on it. Who knows if the timing works out I might throw another bid at it.

Thanks brother! I have 6 or 7 bidders and over 20 watchers! It would REALLY help me out... that is for sure... thanks to ANYONE on here that throws a bid at it. It really means a lot.. thanks all:) kris

mkberger
12-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Got my shipping notice for the Grab Bags this afternoon. Looking forward to a nice, new selection!

DanHocker
12-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Yep they're starting to leave. I fully expect these to take awhile though. They're slow to put together and pack.

mkberger
12-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Yep they're starting to leave. I fully expect these to take awhile though. They're slow to put together and pack.

Thanks, Dan.

Randall Flagg
12-17-2015, 10:15 AM

I don't speak for CD, but it IMO it's a stretch to publicly ask them to send a notice to thousands of people about an auction.
I'm glad the auction seems to be doing well.

webstar1000
12-17-2015, 10:25 AM

I don't speak for CD, but it IMO it's a stretch to publicly ask them to send a notice to thousands of people about an auction.
I'm glad the auction seems to be doing well.

It was more in jest RF. Im sure they can see that...

Randall Flagg
12-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Ok. No smiley face so I was confused. :grouphug:

webstar1000
12-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Ok. No smiley face so I was confused. :grouphug:

lol

Fsmdr
12-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Brian,

Can we get an update on CEMETERY DANCE - A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION Limited Edition. My record shows that I paid exactly a decade ago for this copy!.

Jimimck
12-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Please?

Brian James Freeman
12-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Brian,

Can we get an update on CEMETERY DANCE - A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION Limited Edition. My record shows that I paid exactly a decade ago for this copy!.

In early January, the final TOC of 50+ stories will be emailed to those who preordered, and the title change and official announcement will be made soon after. Signature sheets are in circulation.

Brian

cit74
12-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Brian,

In early January, the final TOC of 50+ stories will be emailed to those who preordered, and the title change and official announcement will be made soon after. Signature sheets are in circulation.

Brian

That's exciting - thank you Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Brian,

Brian

That's exciting - thank you Brian

This project has been yet another white whale for me... hopefully things end better for me than they did for Ahab!

Brian

terrier91
12-17-2015, 11:36 PM
This wouldn't happen to be one for the forthcoming grab bag, would it?? haha

Br!an
12-18-2015, 07:21 AM
If anyone is looking for Tabitha King's Small World S/L there are still some available from Dark Regions Press

$70 - 5 copies - http://www.darkregions.com/books/all/small-world-by-tabitha-king

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Since I know a few folks are waiting on their remarqued CARRIE Artwork Portfolios, I thought I'd ask Glenn to scan in a few samples for me to post, so you can see what he's been up to with these. Given the little time left for shipping this month and the pallets of books Dan is trying to get shipped, I suspect the rest of the portfolios won't ship until January even if Glenn finished tomorrow, but I think they'll definitely be worth the wait!

Here are a few samples:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques04.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques05.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques06.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques07.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques03.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques08.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieRemarques02.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2015, 02:02 PM
For those waiting on the full TOC for THE BEST OF SHIVERS, I should have that and the cover artwork to post next week.

Brian

Merlin1958
12-18-2015, 02:03 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Very cool!!!!

jonp
12-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Very nice, Brian. I'm really looking forward to my copy and Remarque.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Those Glenn Chadbourne remarques are super cool!!! :thumbsup:

TCCBodhi
12-18-2015, 11:13 PM
These look VERY cool and detailed. Glenn is really going all out with these! I can't wait to get mine and finally see that portfolio! Well worth the wait!

Bunyip
12-19-2015, 01:24 AM
I bought the entire AE set and got the Remarque in my book. I wasn't made aware that there was also an option to Remarque the folio?

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2015, 11:47 AM
I bought the entire AE set and got the Remarque in my book. I wasn't made aware that there was also an option to Remarque the folio?

We emailed a few times during production, but it could have been missed or overlooked! If anyone decides they want the remarque and their Portfolio already shipped, we have a couple of them left to sell and we could just carefully package and ship the remarqued sheet to you.

Brian

Langolier
12-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi guys!
Any news about "Better Weird"? I can't even find it on the "Production Updates" page :confused:

I will have to get it listed on the Production Updates page, I forgot about that. I believe Robert McCammon and Bentley Little just signed the signature sheets and there are 2 or 3 more people to go before it's sent to the printer. Thanks for asking!

Brian

BTW, still no info on the Production Updates page :orely:

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi guys!
Any news about "Better Weird"? I can't even find it on the "Production Updates" page :confused:

I will have to get it listed on the Production Updates page, I forgot about that. I believe Robert McCammon and Bentley Little just signed the signature sheets and there are 2 or 3 more people to go before it's sent to the printer. Thanks for asking!

Brian

BTW, still no info on the Production Updates page :orely:

Ha, I'll get it added in Monday's update. Thanks for the reminder!

Best,
Brian

Bunyip
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM

We emailed a few times during production, but it could have been missed or overlooked! If anyone decides they want the remarque and their Portfolio already shipped, we have a couple of them left to sell and we could just carefully package and ship the remarqued sheet to you.

Brian

Cheers mate.
Pm sent. I'm usually pretty quick on CD emails. Missed that one,plus the one about Salems? All good, I'm on it now!
Thanks.

TCCBodhi
12-19-2015, 09:47 PM
No Salem's Lot Remarque offers yet, at least not that I recall seeing. I HOPE not! :) But good news from Brian for you on the Carrie remarques if you wanted to get one (and from those samples I think you do)!

frik
12-20-2015, 12:34 PM
No 'Salem's Lot remarque offers for the folio, but for the book, yes, remarques from both Glenn Chadbourne and David Palumbo could be requested.
As I did.

sk

Dano
12-20-2015, 04:50 PM
No 'Salem's lot remarque offers for the folio, but for the book, yes, remarques from both Glenn Chadbourne and David Palumbo could be requested.
As I did.

sk

That's right! I got the Palumbo!

Dan

wolfehr
12-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Just received this email from CD...

We’re pleased to report we’ll be publishing a HUGE new anthology called THE BEST OF SHIVERS, which will feature “The Crate” by Stephen King, one of his rare short stories from early in his career that he’s never collected in one of his collections!

This spectacular anthology also features chilling stories by Peter Straub, Stewart O'Nan, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Gary A. Braunbeck, Glen Hirshberg, Ed Gorman, Brian Hodge, Stephen Mark Rainey, Graham Masterton, Sarah Pinborough, Peter Crowther, Simon Clark, Brian Keene, Thomas Tessier, Kaaron Warren, Norman Prentiss, Ray Garton, and many others!

We don't expect the signed copies of THE BEST OF SHIVERS to last long, so be sure to reserve your copy while our supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar19

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Bev Vincent
12-21-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm delighted to be part of this project.

Roseannebarr
12-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Bev, I fixed the announcement as it should of read to begin with!

This spectacular anthology also features chilling stories by THE ONE and ONLY BEV VINCENT, and a few other others you might have heard of including: Peter Straub, Stewart O'Nan, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Gary A. Braunbeck, Glen Hirshberg, Ed Gorman, Brian Hodge, Stephen Mark Rainey, Graham Masterton, Sarah Pinborough, Peter Crowther, Simon Clark, Brian Keene, Thomas Tessier, Kaaron Warren, Norman Prentiss, Ray Garton, and many others!

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Bev Vincent
12-21-2015, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup:

The announcement page was a little confusing, as it said that the remaining authors would be announced "this summer" and then proceeded to list the entire TOC!

Roseannebarr
12-21-2015, 11:50 AM

The announcement page was a little confusing, as it said that the remaining authors would be announced "this summer" and then proceeded to list the entire TOC!

Congratulations! Quite a group of peers you have there! Very exciting!

bdwyer19
12-21-2015, 11:56 AM
It wasn't mentioned who is signing this anthology. Is that still TBD?

wolfehr
12-21-2015, 12:02 PM

The only thing I've seen is "signed by the editor and many of the authors (excluding King)"

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2015, 12:06 PM

Yeah, I pasted the wrong version of the sales copy, it's been fixed.

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2015, 12:06 PM

Almost all of the authors. No Stephen King.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2015, 01:50 PM

This spectacular anthology also features chilling stories by THE ONE and ONLY BEV VINCENT, and a few other others you might have heard of including: Peter Straub, Stewart O'Nan, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Gary A. Braunbeck, Glen Hirshberg, Ed Gorman, Brian Hodge, Stephen Mark Rainey, Graham Masterton, Sarah Pinborough, Peter Crowther, Simon Clark, Brian Keene, Thomas Tessier, Kaaron Warren, Norman Prentiss, Ray Garton, and many others!

Fixed your correction just a little bit! ;)

Brian

Br!an
12-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Ordered!

I don't recall getting a CDCC email about this. I thought I was a member of the elite! :evil:

Was this some kind of egalitarian plot whereby everyone had a fair chance? :orely:

Randall Flagg
12-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Was this some kind of egalitarian plot whereby everyone had a fair chance? :orely:

No. It was egalitarian, so that no one would have a fair chance. Only the selected elite.
Sorry you weren't one of them....(not really)...

peripheral
12-21-2015, 04:42 PM

Brian

Hey Brian, any confirmation of a Clive Barker signature?:unsure:

Brian James Freeman
12-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Hey Brian, any confirmation of a Clive Barker signature?:unsure:

I don't think we've asked yet. It often comes down to his schedule and how many other things he's already agreed to sign, etc.

Brian

Br!an
12-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I received my LGBOTY (x2+1) and it rocks!:rock:

I won't be lacking reading material, or eye candy for that matter, for a while!

Some of these books are exceptionally beautiful.

Roseannebarr
12-22-2015, 07:38 PM

Brian

I like it! I can say I met him before he was even more famous!

Tommy
12-22-2015, 09:14 PM

Some?? :panic:

Br!an
12-23-2015, 08:12 AM

Some are simply beautiful while others are exceptionally beautiful. :innocent:

Tommy
12-23-2015, 08:52 AM

Some are simply beautiful while others are exceptionally beautiful. :innocent:

Ha! Nice save :clap:

Cwalker
12-23-2015, 01:34 PM
So, Dan and Brian... Do you guys ever get tired of hearing how amazing Mindy is?
I have ordered the numbered edition of Tabitha King's Small World. On the spur of the moment i sent Mindy an email requesting a specific number (my old Army call-sign). Within 15 minuets I got a response saying the she had added the request to the order and you would do your best make it happen.

I am so impressed with the effort CD makes to serve the customer and even if it doesn't happen, just knowing the effort was made is huge.

Thanks for all you do and Happy Holidays to you all.

Chris Walker

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2015, 04:06 PM
So, Dan and Brian... Do you guys ever get tired of hearing how amazing Mindy is?

HA! We love hearing it! Thank you! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Just a little update for those of you patiently waiting for CD:15 (which has a new title that will be announced in spring)... the final word count came in just shy of 275,000 words... This will be one BIG doorstop of a book! Signature sheets are circulating among the authors, too.

Brian

peripheral
12-23-2015, 04:27 PM

HA! We love hearing it! Thank you! :)

Brian

I second that re Mindy, you, and the CD crew. Thanks for sorting the remarques I was after! You guys do an awesome job. :rock:

jhanic
12-29-2015, 03:07 PM
I just got the notice that my copy of Bev Vincent's Dark Tower Companion has shipped! (Or at least has had the shipping label created!)

John

Roseannebarr
12-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Just a little update for those of you patiently waiting for CD:15 (which has a new title that will be announced in spring)... the final word count came in just shy of 275,000 words... This will be one BIG doorstop of a book! Signature sheets are circulating among the authors, too.

Brian

can we get more hints. I cant even remember what I ordered. did SK contribute a story? Joe Hill?

frik
12-30-2015, 06:06 AM
I think I've seen the cover. If it hasn't changed, it'll be one of the best CD publications ever - cover-wise!
It was stunning.

sk

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Anyone want some slightly damaged UK paperbacks? I received a very nice shipment around Christmas with 20 paperbacks and some of them were slightly damaged -- in most cases, a few pages in each book got folded in transit because they weren't packed properly. The bookstore sent me nice, new replacements, so if anyone wants these slightly banged up copies, just post a note here and I'll PM you for your address. Happy to pass them along for free to someone who might like to check them out:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/UKpaperbacks.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 08:47 AM

Brian

can we get more hints. I cant even remember what I ordered. did SK contribute a story? Joe Hill?

More news to come in 2016 -- thanks for asking, though! :)

Brian

Roseannebarr
12-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Anyone want some slightly damaged UK paperbacks? I received a very nice shipment around Christmas with 20 paperbacks and some of them were slightly damaged -- in most cases, a few pages in each book got folded in transit because they weren't packed properly. The bookstore sent me nice, new replacements, so if anyone wants these slightly banged up copies, just post a note here and I'll PM you for your address. Happy to pass them along for free to someone who might like to check them out:

Brian

I would love them! Thanks Glen

CRinVA
12-30-2015, 09:44 AM
I just got the notice that my copy of Bev Vincent's Dark Tower Companion has shipped! (Or at least has had the shipping label created!)

John

I did too John. Perhaps I'll see it sooner rather than later as CD is not much more than a hop and a skip from me! :-)

It's a good thing I ordered this some time ago and paid for it as right now funds still pretty tight until I start the new job! :-)

The only SK purchases I've made since I was laid off last June are a few of the Marvel Comics and George Beahm's The Stephen King Companion, signed by George. I have all of his books signed and couldn't stop that trend!

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 10:55 AM

Brian

I would love them! Thanks Glen

All yours, I'll get them shipped out this week!

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 11:13 AM
This is what happens each year when we clear out the books that are NOT on shelves in Richard's office -- so these are the books that were stacked on the floor and desks! You might be able to spot a Stephen King book or two in the mix!

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/yearendcleaning.jpg

Brian

jonp
12-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Hi Brian,
I have only just ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio today, a bit late! But, have I missed an offer of a Remarque on these?

Thanks
Jon

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Hi Brian,
I have only just ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio today, a bit late! But, have I missed an offer of a Remarque on these?

Thanks
Jon

I don't believe we've offered remarques yet because I need to find out how many Dave will have time for.

Brian

Theli
12-30-2015, 11:37 AM
This is what happens each year when we clear out the books that are NOT on shelves in Richard's office -- so these are the books that were stacked on the floor and desks! You might be able to spot a Stephen King book or two in the mix!

Brian

Looks like my bedroom...

Theli
12-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks
Jon

I don't believe we've offered remarques yet because I need to find out how many Dave will have time for.

Brian

I hope I'll be able to jump on that...

jonp
12-30-2015, 11:39 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks
Jon

Brian

Thanks Brian, I have a disorder that I cannot refuse a Remarque!

Br!an
12-30-2015, 11:39 AM

Brian

I see at least one!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/yearendcleaningit.jpg

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 11:50 AM
I see at least one!

Here are a few around the corner... just in case anyone doubted Richard when he says he loves IT:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ITstack.jpg

Dan
12-30-2015, 11:51 AM

Brian

If this is still up for grabs, I'll take it. :)

Priest
12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Has somebody said "Remarque"?

Roseannebarr
12-30-2015, 01:42 PM

Brian

To late, I already sent him my address. Shipping is going to be a fortune, but the IT books, will make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the paperbacks Brian!

Cwalker
12-30-2015, 02:46 PM

Brian

I'm conflicted!!!
The collector in me wanted to look at titles, but the 6 years i spent as a military police working dog handler wanted to know who the office mascot is!!

Great looking dog. Plus, they can keep secrets like nobodys business... Perfect office security!

Dan
12-30-2015, 03:09 PM

Brian

To late, I already sent him my address. Shipping is going to be a fortune, but the IT books, will make it worthwhile.

No, I'm talking about this photo. Just a lame attempt at a joke.

bdwyer19
12-30-2015, 04:46 PM
I see at least one!

Here are a few around the corner... just in case anyone doubted Richard when he says he loves IT:

How much for one of those???

Randall Flagg
12-30-2015, 04:53 PM
How much for one of those???

$500 for the bottom one, $390 for the top one. The price goes down $10 per book as it gets easier to grab one...

Roseannebarr
12-30-2015, 05:21 PM

Brian

No, I'm talking about this photo. Just a lame attempt at a joke.

I caught the joke and was trying to add on. We are both lame. :)

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm conflicted!!!
The collector in me wanted to look at titles, but the 6 years i spent as a military police working dog handler wanted to know who the office mascot is!!

Great looking dog. Plus, they can keep secrets like nobodys business... Perfect office security!

Yes, we do love our office dogs.

Mindy's black lab is Otis. Kate and I have two German Shorthaired Pointers, Maya and Sasha. I'm pretty sure this photo is from the day I hid all of their treats in my desk drawer:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/OtisMayaSasha.jpg

By the way, my uncle worked with a dog in Vietnam during the war and still trains bloodhounds to this day. His teams do a lot of search & rescue/search & apprehend tracking.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2015, 05:33 PM

Brian

HA! I've actually proposed we do a "Richard's Secret Stash" Grab Bag because most of these are duplicates (and beyond) for him. There are some great paperbacks going back 35 years, some Limited Editions from the 90s, and a lot of newer stuff, of course: review copies, trade editions, signed editions, etc.

It would be a blast to offer and I think most people would have a lot of fun with the mix they'd receive, but I don't think I can talk him into it. He just wants to buy more bookcases!

Brian

zelig
12-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Love the dogs!

TCCBodhi
12-30-2015, 09:24 PM
I see at least one!

I keep hoping I'll bump into a nice, but cheap, copy of this again someday. Along, of course, with the CD Numbered which I certainly can't afford at the moment.

Ivo
12-31-2015, 03:40 AM
Check for water damage! This stack of books looks to be about the same height as a fire hydrant.

Dan
01-05-2016, 02:49 PM
I love the poll from CDs email. I first selected all of the options before realizing they only want the top three.

I read the email three times and there is no mention of keeping it secret. Here is the link to the poll

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/stephen-king-slipcase-poll/

allasorte
01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
I love the poll from CDs email. I first selected all of the options before realizing they only want the top three.

I read the email three times and there is no mention of keeping it secret. Here is the link to the poll

I'm all for slipcases, but I would like to add that I would like them a tad larger to allow Brodart Mylar wraps....the "just a fold II" which I believe are the 1.5 mil plastic sheet and the full piece of paper wraps. All my books are wrapped this way.

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2016, 03:05 PM

I'm all for slipcases, but I would like to add that I would like them a tad larger to allow Brodart Mylar wraps....the "just a fold II" which I believe are the 1.5 mil plastic sheet and the full piece of paper wraps. All my books are wrapped this way.

We don't actually have any of the trade editions in Brodart wraps at the office to confirm the size tweak that is needed to make it work, BUT I would be happy to look into that if we move forward -- and also for future cases after the projects already in production.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-05-2016, 03:06 PM

We’ll also do some polling at a later date for other titles if there’s enough interest, so don’t worry if your favorite book isn’t listed on there. We wanted to keep this simple for now and focus on a few of the "newer" books first, like we did when we went back and offered Duma Key.

Brian

allasorte
01-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks Brian. It isn't a necessity, just a suggestion. I use Brodart econo-folds which are just one plastic sheet for tighter fits of CD slipcases. I've mentioned this in the protection of books thread. As a last resort lol.

carlosdetweiller
01-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I was disappointed that none of Tabitha King's books were listed.

bdwyer19
01-05-2016, 03:48 PM

You can always commission a Dolso case.

Cwalker
01-05-2016, 03:49 PM

I would second that. She is likely to be my first complete same-numbered collection. Slipcases would only add to that coolness for me.

Merlin1958
01-05-2016, 04:39 PM

We don't actually have any of the trade editions in Brodart wraps at the office to confirm the size tweak that is needed to make it work, BUT I would be happy to look into that if we move forward -- and also for future cases after the projects already in production.

Brian

Brian, from my experience with, Dick Olson an 1/8" will generally cover it. Won't make much difference on a non-covered book either, though perish the thought!!! LOL

Jimimck
01-06-2016, 01:48 AM

You could get a Chadbourne Remarque too ;-)

carlosdetweiller
01-06-2016, 02:46 AM

You could get a Chadbourne Remarque too ;-)

Now we're talking!

jsmcmullen92
01-06-2016, 06:56 AM

We’ll also do some polling at a later date for other titles if there’s enough interest, so don’t worry if your favorite book isn’t listed on there. We wanted to keep this simple for now and focus on a few of the "newer" books first, like we did when we went back and offered Duma Key.

Brian

Two things,
1. I wish it would allow us to view the results so far so that we could see what other people were interested in as well.
2. The poll allows you to enter more than once so you might receive skewed data if someone just refreshed and kept voting for the case they want. :evil:
Other than that I am excited. Keep up the great work

Roseannebarr
01-06-2016, 07:48 AM

Brian

Two things,
1. I wish it would allow us to view the results so far so that we could see what other people were interested in as well.
2. The poll allows you to enter more than once so you might receive skewed data if someone just refreshed and kept voting for the case they want. :evil:

I would like all the cases. i need them for my signed copies. :) I think the real reason for the poll is to see if they have a market for older slipcases. the titles are probably not as important. interesting selection though!

No IT!!!

jsmcmullen92
01-06-2016, 08:29 AM
very true! I like the idea of the Desperation/Regulators single case.

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Brian

Two things,

I would like all the cases. i need them for my signed copies. :) I think the real reason for the poll is to see if they have a market for older slipcases. the titles are probably not as important. interesting selection though!

No IT!!!

I know.. it would have been MY TOP CHOICE. IT is one they would sell a shit load off. I agree brother.

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Brian, what slipcases you had would fit the Justin Cronin limiteds? I hear you had them from anther book? Do you still have them if so? Thanks!

Dan
01-06-2016, 08:43 AM
I would have voted for IT also.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 08:43 AM
No IT!!!

I wonder if we're just going ahead and doing that one due to someone's obsession with that book...

On a totally unrelated note, I found some more copies of IT while sorting Richard's received book "pile" from the last year:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/someITpaperbacks.jpg

;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Brian, what slipcases you had would fit the Justin Cronin limiteds? I hear you had them from anther book? Do you still have them if so? Thanks!

Dan? :)

Dan
01-06-2016, 08:45 AM
No IT!!!

I wonder if we're just going ahead and doing that one due to someone's obsession with that book...

On a totally unrelated note, I found some more copies of IT while sorting Richard's received book "pile" from the last year:

;)

Brian

Awesome!

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Two things,

For #2, I could have enabled some of the more restrictive settings, but I figured we'd keep it easy. I'm hoping to do them all over time anyway. ;)

Brian

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 08:54 AM
No IT!!!

;)

Brian

Awesome!

PERFECT!

AstroDad
01-06-2016, 08:59 AM

I'm not Dan, but I know the answer to this. They don't have any. I have asked :(

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 09:05 AM

I'm not Dan, but I know the answer to this. They don't have any. I have asked :(

I think ANY limited should come with protection. Slip or Tray. I had them made for my Max Brooks. I will have to for these should I find them!

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 09:23 AM

I think ANY limited should come with protection. Slip or Tray. I had them made for my Max Brooks. I will have to for these should I find them!

It's all a matter of economics. You're willing to pay more for the books to be slipcased, which is awesome, but a lot of collectors won't go above a certain price point except for their most loved authors.

So that $50 limited edition with no slipcase becomes $75 when you make it a slipcased Limited Edition, and sales for many (most) authors drop considerably at that price. A lower print run is always an option, but then the retail price goes up again because production costs go up as the number of copies printed goes down. Now that book is $90 because the print run was cut in half and the books are costing much more to produce (per unit). But even fewer people will buy the book at $90, so the print run goes down again and now the book is $100.

A lot of factors go into the pricing, print runs, and production choices for a book. When the book is licensed from a New York publisher, you have to be even more careful with your choices because it's costing you that much more to get the rights for the book. It all adds up in the long run.

Brian

jsmcmullen92
01-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Jeff can make you any size blank cases in the color of your choosing. You can even design your own plate and have it made if you are doing a lot of books.

Scoogs
01-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Are there any existing slipcases that will fit The Dark Tower Companion?

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 11:15 AM
For the record.. I would gladly pay another $25 for any CD book I buy to have a slipcase should it not. I bet you Brian I am not alone here. IN fact I would bet a 100% here would:)

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 11:21 AM
For the record.. I would gladly pay another $25 for any CD book I buy to have a slipcase should it not. I bet you Brian I am not alone here. IN fact I would bet a 100% here would:)

There's always room to discuss such things when there's interest. I'll see what I can come up with for future books. :)

Brian

Dan
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Not for every book. I would for King books, and possibly a few other authors, but not all. I don't know how he does it economically, but Gauntlet Press offers slipcases for all his books to be purchased separately. I usually get them from him, but not always. Then once a year he sends out a notice for any slipcases you might want and has them made.

wolfehr
01-06-2016, 11:29 AM
I really like how Gauntlet Press does the optional slipcases at an additional cost.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
For our aftermarket cases for SK's books, does anyone know if anything we've produced is missing from this list?

Under the Dome slipcase
Under the Dome traycase
Blockade Billy slipcase -- for our 1st edition, 1st printing but offered separately
Full Dark, No Stars slipcase
Full Dark, No Stars traycase
11/22/63 slipcase
11/22/63 (UK) slipcase
11/22/63 traycase
Joyland (PB) slipcase
The Wind Through the Keyhole slipcase
The Talisman/Black House slipcase
Doctor Sleep slipcase
Doctor Sleep (UK) slipcase
Duma Key slipcase
Mr. Mercedes slipcase
Revival slipcase
Finders Keepers slipcase
End of Watch slipcase
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Joyland (HC) slipcase

Brian

Edited to add some I missed!

AKC
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Bazaar of Bad Dreams? I think I ordered that one...

Lurker
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
I have a Talisman/Black House slipcase

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Bazaar of Bad Dreams? I think I ordered that one...

Oh yeah, duh! Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Yep, I missed that, too. Thanks!

bdwyer19
01-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Are there still Talisman/Black House slipcases available? I have 1st editions both signed by Straub, that would like great in a case.

jsmcmullen92
01-06-2016, 12:35 PM
What does the Under the Dome traycase look like? I have only see the one from the collector's site and the ugly one from Overlook

DanHocker
01-06-2016, 12:42 PM

I'm not sure we have any that fit that one anymore. It was a black case for Dark Tower Concordance or October Dreams, and I'm pretty sure we sold out of those.

DanHocker
01-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Are there still Talisman/Black House slipcases available? I have 1st editions both signed by Straub, that would like great in a case.

I have like 6 sets with books in them. The cases probably don't fit the 1st editions though. We produced them for a reprint edition and sold them in a set with a slipcase and a poster.

jonp
01-06-2016, 12:52 PM

I have like 6 sets with books in them. The cases probably don't fit the 1st editions though. We produced them for a reprint edition and sold them in a set with a slipcase and a poster.

Hi Dan,

I have been after one of those sets for a while and I didn't realise you still had them. How would I go about getting a set?

bdwyer19
01-06-2016, 12:53 PM

Assuming they do fit (trying to find that out), could I order just the slipcase?

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM

Yeah, these were for the Scribner hardcover reprints from 2012. Here are two photos of our case:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_kingst04.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_kingst04other.jpg

Here is the poster we included:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_kingst04poster.jpg

Brian

Edited because I snapped two quick new photos of the case, you may need to reload the page to see them!

DanHocker
01-06-2016, 12:58 PM
You can email me about the set. It'll probably take a little while to get to it though, as I'm still in the middle of inventory.

As far as just the slipcase we don't really want to sell it without the books unfortunately. The books are really worth anything to us without the slipcases. That said I kinda have my doubts the sizing would work out anyways.

jonp
01-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Thanks Dan. Will do.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 01:17 PM
I found an old post about this set thanks to a poster here, and here's some cool info I had forgotten:

1) We’ve learned that Scribner only printed 2,250 copies of The Talisman and 2,660 copies of Black House, which is a tremendously low print run for a Stephen King trade edition! We’ve purchased 400 of those copies, so there will only be 400 of our slipcased sets ever produced for collectors! (In fact, our order took the last copies of Black House that Scribner had in their warehouse, which means they won’t be filling any other retailer orders at this point!)

2) Scribner raised the price of each hardcover to $40 right before publication, but we’re not changing the price of this set, making it an even better deal! ($80 retail value for the two books.)

AstroDad
01-06-2016, 01:28 PM
from the Salem's lot update sent out today:

"We received the bluelines from the printer and everything was as we expected, so they’ll begin printing the book this month when they reopen after their holiday break.

We also approved the slipcase prototype for the Gift Edition, and the traycase prototype for the Numbered Artist Edition will be here this week for approval."

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotstampingsamples.jpg

so what exactly am i looking at here? The gift and Artist edition bindings or the Slipcase and Traycase? I assumed it wasn't the slipcase and traycase since the email stated whey wouldn't get the traycase for approval until later this week, but it sure looks like what I would expect them to look like (since they match the Carrie Gift and Artist SlipTraycases in style)

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 01:40 PM
from the Salem's lot update sent out today:

"We received the bluelines from the printer and everything was as we expected, so they’ll begin printing the book this month when they reopen after their holiday break.

We also approved the slipcase prototype for the Gift Edition, and the traycase prototype for the Numbered Artist Edition will be here this week for approval."

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotstampingsamples.jpg

The photo is of the stamping copy approval samples, which were part of the bluelines package from our printer, by the way.

Brian

CyberGhostface
01-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Looks pretty good. Excited to see how The Shining and The Stand comes out. Any chance the Gift Edition's cover could be Flagg-centric? ;)

And I've said it before but I appreciate you putting out affordable gift editions given how other publishers don't nowadays to make their releases more 'collectible' (granted sometimes it has to do with author contracts).

AstroDad
01-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Looks pretty good. Excited to see how The Shining and The Stand comes out. Any chance the Gift Edition's cover could be Flagg-centric? ;)

Thats a great idea Cyber...Make the Gift edition Mother Abagail and the Artist Edition Flagg. Then you will really have people wanting both :evil:

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Our slipcase maker has sent us the approval prototype for the the JOYLAND slipcase and everything is looking great. They'll get to work on making the actual cases now and hope to be done by the end of next month. Here is a quick photo we took of the approval prototype:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/joylandslipcase.jpg

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Our slipcase maker will be sending us an approval prototype for the THE BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS slipcase by the end of the month, and we should have an expected ship date for the entire run soon after.

zelig
01-06-2016, 02:03 PM
For our aftermarket cases for SK's books, does anyone know if anything we've produced is missing from this list?

Under the Dome slipcase
Under the Dome traycase
11/22/63 slipcase
11/22/63 (UK) slipcase
11/22/63 traycase
Joyland (PB) slipcase
Doctor Sleep slipcase
Duma Key slipcase
Mr. Mercedes slipcase
Revival slipcase
Finders Keepers slipcase
End of Watch slipcase
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Joyland (HC) slipcase

Brian

I've been maintaining this list: http://bit.ly/1O5GIBV of CD slipcases. Looks like you have them all covered. I think Blockade Billy is the only one missing.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 02:13 PM

Under the Dome slipcase
Under the Dome traycase
11/22/63 slipcase
11/22/63 (UK) slipcase
11/22/63 traycase
Joyland (PB) slipcase
Doctor Sleep slipcase
Duma Key slipcase
Mr. Mercedes slipcase
Revival slipcase
Finders Keepers slipcase
End of Watch slipcase
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Joyland (HC) slipcase

Brian

I've been maintaining this list: http://bit.ly/1O5GIBV of CD slipcases. Looks like you have them all covered. I think Blockade Billy is the only one missing.

Thank you! I knew I had seen a list on here somewhere at some point, but I couldn't find it!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Edited because we've been contacted by folks who can help us find these cases, thank you!

Randall Flagg
01-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Okay, here is the tougher question... is there anyone on here who has one of THESE slipcases we've made and wants to part with it? :)

Under the Dome slipcase
Joyland (paperback) slipcase

Feel free to email or PM me with what you have and your price. We can pay via PayPal or store credit, and the store credit will include a nice bonus added to the amount. :)

Thank you!

Brian

Reminder pics/images would help.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Okay, here is the tougher question... is there anyone on here who has one of THESE slipcases we've made and wants to part with it? :)

Under the Dome slipcase

Feel free to email or PM me with what you have and your price. We can pay via PayPal or store credit, and the store credit will include a nice bonus added to the amount. :)

Thank you!

Brian

Absolutely! Here are the different Dome cases, we technically need both slipcases but would be happy with one version:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/_domecases.gif

Here is the UK Doctor Sleep:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_CASES036.jpg

Here is the Joyland paperback:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king92.jpg

Full Dark, No Stars:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases001.gif

Brian

Merlin1958
01-06-2016, 03:50 PM

Under the Dome slipcase

Thank you!

Brian

Absolutely! Here are the different Dome cases, we technically need both slipcases but would be happy with one version:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/_domecases.gif

Here is the UK Doctor Sleep:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_CASES036.jpg

Here is the Joyland paperback:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king92.jpg

Full Dark, No Stars:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases001.gif

Brian

Part with a case? You're a funny guy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJLoxdoI-Q

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Part with a case? You're a funny guy!!!!!

:nana:

Brian

burial
01-07-2016, 03:12 AM
I see at least one!

one copy for me, please :)

webstar1000
01-07-2016, 04:06 AM
I can tell you Brian if I had any case you needed... it would be yours. I bet whoever does will NOT come out in the negative. Brian is one good shit... pretty sad i CAN'T help to be honest:(

Br!an
01-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Assuming they do fit (trying to find that out), could I order just the slipcase?

They do not fit.

The first editions are slightly thicker. I didn't measure but it looks 5/16" thicker when stacked together.

bdwyer19
01-07-2016, 05:49 AM
Bummer! Thanks for confirming.

brionen
01-07-2016, 10:33 AM

Under the Dome slipcase

Thank you!

Brian

Just pm'd you - I should be able to help you out on 1 or 2.

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Just pm'd you - I should be able to help you out on 1 or 2.

Thank you, reply is on the way!

For these cases, we used every single one we had to fill orders from collectors ages ago, but I'm trying to piece our reference shelf back together now. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I see at least one!

Since I sort of let the cat out of the bag, one of the reasons Rich has accumulated this stack is because we've discovered that there are slight sizing variations between the 1st printing and some of the later printings of IT, and we want to make sure the aftermarket slipcase we're going to produce will fit all of these safely. (The sizing differences are VERY small and are probably because later printings were printed at a different plant than the earlier printers. Happens all the time.)

We'll post more details down the road, but I want to have everything in place so that we can get the order placed with our slipcase maker as soon as we know how many we need, and we're just now sketching out the stamping ideas.

Brian

webstar1000
01-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Hope it is BADASS!!!

Theli
01-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Very cool Brian! Sounds like you guys are gonna be going full bore with a new line-up of slipcases.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Hope it is BADASS!!!

Of course they will be BADASS! CD are in charge!!! :thumbsup:

jonp
01-07-2016, 11:10 AM
The only slipcase I would like is for my Bag Of Bones UK 1st edition. The limited edition of 2000 is the only limited I do not have a slipcase for. It would be great to have a cool slipcase for that one.

MLG
01-07-2016, 01:04 PM
I see at least one!

Since I sort of let the cat out of the bag, one of the reasons Rich has accumulated this stack is because we've discovered that there are slight sizing variations between the 1st printing and some of the later printings of IT, and we want to make sure the aftermarket slipcase we're going to produce will fit all of these safely. (The sizing differences are VERY small and are probably because later printings were printed at a different plant than the earlier printers. Happens all the time.)

We'll post more details down the road, but I want to have everything in place so that we can get the order placed with our slipcase maker as soon as we know how many we need, and we're just now sketching out the stamping ideas.

Brian

Still think the 'Cleaning out Rich's office' grab bag idea is a great one!

Brian James Freeman
01-07-2016, 01:29 PM

Same here... Pondering the best way to do it because there is such a mix of items... A ton of 1980s paperbacks, which I think are awesome, but some folks might not love them the way we do... But there are so many neat items... British editions, ARCs, etc... TONS of great authors, both new and old... It's such a mix that it's hard to come up with a value, a weight for the package (which we need for our order management system), etc. We'd want it to be fair and fun.

Brian

jsmcmullen92
01-07-2016, 01:38 PM

Same here... Pondering the best way to do it because there is such a mix of items... A ton of 1980s paperbacks, which I think are awesome, but some folks might not love them the way we do... But there are so many neat items... British editions, ARCs, etc... TONS of great authors, both new and old... It's such a mix that it's hard to come up with a value, a weight for the package (which we need for our order management system), etc. We'd want it to be fair and fun.

Brian

Well if you did 12 grab bags and everyone got an IT I think everyone would be happy with whatever else was in the box when they got it.

Randall Flagg
01-07-2016, 01:55 PM
5lb. box, random selection (blindfolded worker picks them out). Minimal packaging materials (as is).
$29.99 + $9.99 USPS Media Mail. Adjust price upwards if needed to make a modest profit.

Lookwhoitis
01-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I'm conflicted!!!

Yes, we do love our office dogs.

Mindy's black lab is Otis. Kate and I have two German Shorthaired Pointers, Maya and Sasha. I'm pretty sure this photo is from the day I hid all of their treats in my desk drawer:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/OtisMayaSasha.jpg

By the way, my uncle worked with a dog in Vietnam during the war and still trains bloodhounds to this day. His teams do a lot of search & rescue/search & apprehend tracking.

Brian

awesome dogs

jreitan47
01-08-2016, 10:23 AM

Brian

I'm a huge 80's paperback collector, Brian. *hint hint*

allasorte
01-08-2016, 03:34 PM
The only slipcase I would like is for my Bag Of Bones UK 1st edition. The limited edition of 2000 is the only limited I do not have a slipcase for. It would be great to have a cool slipcase for that one.

So you are saying the UK limited is the same size as the standard American version, therefore, I could kill two birds with one stone and get 2 slipcases? If I owned the UK limited as I cannot personally verify the size. Thanks.

jonp
01-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Q

So you are saying the UK limited is the same size as the standard American version, therefore, I could kill two birds with one stone and get 2 slipcases? If I owned the UK limited as I cannot personally verify the size. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have the BOB US edition so I cannot compare the sizing. All I know is it's the same size as a UK 1st as the limited is just a UK 1st with a bookplate.
Just saying I would love a slipcase for that book. It's amongst my limiteds and looks out of place without a slipcase. My OCD kicking in!

frik
01-08-2016, 11:56 PM

Does this help?
The UK edition is a few millimeters wider.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/911/xhXOfI.jpg

sk

mkberger
01-09-2016, 03:46 AM

Brian

--am I'm a huge ARC fan. Maybe group 'em into categories (25 Old Paperbacks! 10 ARCs! 5 Hardcover First Editions! Free Dog Treat with Each Order!) and see what you have. Proceeds to Love Mutts (or your local animal rescue). Glad to come up next weekend and help you sort.

TacomaDiver
01-10-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm sure it will be. Even if they put Ronald McDonald on the cover it would be frightening.

Hope it is BADASS!!!

Cwalker
01-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Hi Brian,
Just curious if you are still sending out the CDBC 7 notices. Loved the last Grab Bag so I'm content to wait, just wondering.
Thanks!

Chris

Brian James Freeman
01-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Hi Brian,
Just curious if you are still sending out the CDBC 7 notices. Loved the last Grab Bag so I'm content to wait, just wondering.
Thanks!

Chris

Yes, but you can email Dan if you'd like him to double-check on your order: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Thank you!

Brian

allasorte
01-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Thank you Frik, if Bag of Bones does manifest into a slipcase, why not gamble and buy two? :)

RC65
01-12-2016, 11:02 PM

Brian

I still love those old, cheesy pbs in all their foil-covered garishness. I just picked up a collection of nearly a dozen Stephen R. George pbs from back in the day... I don't know if I'll even like his work, but I just couldn't pass them up when I found 'em all grouped together. I know it's mostly nostalgia and not the quality of the work that draws me to old '80s horror pbs, but that's okay.

Patrick
01-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Q

Unfortunately, I do not have the BOB US edition so I cannot compare the sizing. All I know is it's the same size as a UK 1st as the limited is just a UK 1st with a bookplate.
Just saying I would love a slipcase for that book. It's amongst my limiteds and looks out of place without a slipcase. My OCD kicking in!

I would buy two slipcases that fit the UK S/L of BoB.

I'd also like a slipcase that fit the UK S/L of INSOMNIA.

And, while I'm wishing, one each for the US 1sts of LISEY's STORY and REVIVAL.

Patrick
01-13-2016, 12:09 AM

I'm not sure we have any that fit that one anymore. It was a black case for Dark Tower Concordance or October Dreams, and I'm pretty sure we sold out of those.
I have the aftermarket slipcase you offered a few years ago for your S/L of THE PASSAGE, but I don't recall any solution for the S/L of THE TWELVE. I'd love to have that book in a similar slipcase.