PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Merlin1958
11-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Yesterday CD sent out a notice of an item that sold out in less than 2 hours. And of course I missed it. Drats.

You're receiving this email because you're a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 6! PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION ANYWHERE BECAUSE THIS OFFER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!
We have extremely unique opportunity for our Stephen King and artwork collectors that will not be offered to the general public! Vincent Chong has created an epic new image of THE DARK TOWER, and we're working with him to create an extraordinary collectible unlike anything we've ever offered before:
Our local printer will be producing just 19 (!) copies of this image using a one-time printing process. We'll then be shipping these 19 exclusive prints across the ocean to Vincent Chong to sign and number.
When they arrive back, we'll be framing and matting them with elegant materials that will highlight the beauty of the artwork. The frames are rounded and black with a subtle beige patina wash, elegant raised patterns, and a smooth satiny finish; the mats are acid-free, archival-quality; and the finishing touch will be the high-grade custom-cut glass. The final size will be approximately 16 inches by 20 inches.
As always, members of the CDCC are being offered these FIRST and with a special discount that no one else will be offered!
*** Here is your exclusive $50 off coupon code that is valid for the next 48 hours or while supplies last:
CDCC50
*** How To Redeem Your Discount:
1) Go to our website and add the chapbook to your basket:
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CHONG02
(If the page says “Out of Print,” that means all of our copies have been reserved, unfortunately.)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/a_chong02.jpg

WOW!!! That's really nice!!! :rock:

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2015, 06:57 PM
How's best of CD 2 coming? I just picked up the Best of Vol. 1 and now am eager for Vol. 2.

Scanning in the stories right now that the authors didn't have electronic copies of, and the full TOC to be posted in the next few months. It's going to be a HUGE book...

Brian

Merlin1958
11-11-2015, 07:01 PM
I know it's early, but what kind of an ETA do you foresee for the BoBD books with slipcovers? Ballpark, I won't hold you to it. My daughter purchased my copy for Xmas and was asking is all. I know it won't make it for the holiday or anything....

dnemec
11-11-2015, 08:22 PM
You can order any of his prints directly from Vinny - they may not be numbered but they are signed...
I've been thinking about getting the whole DT set...

Some of Vinny's prints are signed and numbered. I have one that was signed and numbered 1!

But he is easy to work with and great if there is a problem. Highly recommended!

Brian James Freeman
11-12-2015, 05:53 AM
I know it's early, but what kind of an ETA do you foresee for the BoBD books with slipcovers? Ballpark, I won't hold you to it. My daughter purchased my copy for Xmas and was asking is all. I know it won't make it for the holiday or anything....

Ask me again in a week and I might have a pretty good idea!

Cwalker
11-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Question for anyone with experience...

I bought a replacement DJ from CD which was shipped out on the 4th of Nov. They sent it two-day priority mail. When I still had not received it by the 10th, i contacted the USPS and initiated a lost item case. I just got a call this morning that the item was scanned into Springfield at 0730, which will place it in my mail box tomorrow a full week late.

My question is, should i notify CD (assuming the miss this post) and let them know so that they can try to get the cost of 2-day refunded to them? Do they have any recourse? Is this a big enough deal that they would even want to follow up?

Thanks
Chris

carlosdetweiller
11-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Why not ask them directly?

Cwalker
11-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Why not ask them directly?

Because I have gotten too use to getting all my answers here! :)

I guess I didn't want to waste their time with extra, unneccesary emails if you folks said that it wasn't worth it.

DanHocker
11-12-2015, 08:38 AM

I bought a replacement DJ from CD which was shipped out on the 4th of Nov. They sent it two-day priority mail. When I still had not received it by the 10th, i contacted the USPS and initiated a lost item case. I just got a call this morning that the item was scanned into Springfield at 0730, which will place it in my mail box tomorrow a full week late.

My question is, should i notify CD (assuming the miss this post) and let them know so that they can try to get the cost of 2-day refunded to them? Do they have any recourse? Is this a big enough deal that they would even want to follow up?

Thanks
Chris

We have no recourse. Priority Mail isn't a guaranteed service, if it says 2-Day that just means it might be there in 2 days, it might not. The other thing that could have happened is the order may not have actually gone out when you got you shipping notice. This is something that happens sometime, less frequently lately though as the post office has been picking up daily. The only reason we use Priority Mail is because the only other alternative for something like a DJ in a tube is Parcel Select which often costs more than Priority Mail, and USPS is trying to phase out that service. As the slower shipping method would have cost the same amount or more.

Br!an
11-12-2015, 08:42 AM
I don't know what happened in this case but...

Dan creates batches of shipping labels for what he expects to be able to ship within a reasonable time. So it's possible the item won't ship for a couple days even in the best of scenarios. Sometimes he'll print labels and then something unexpected happens or priorities change and it takes even longer to ship the item.

The creation of the shipping label does not mean the item shipped.

stroppygoblin
11-12-2015, 09:04 AM
I don't know what happened in this case but...

Dan creates batches of shipping labels for what he expects to be able to ship within a reasonable time. So it's possible the item won't ship for a couple days even in the best of scenarios. Sometimes he'll print labels and then something unexpected happens or priorities change and it takes even longer to ship the item.

The creation of the shipping label does not mean the item shipped.

That's what he said :evil:

Cwalker
11-12-2015, 09:17 AM

Thanks
Chris

We have no recourse. Priority Mail isn't a guaranteed service, if it says 2-Day that just means it might be there in 2 days, it might not. The other thing that could have happened is the order may not have actually gone out when you got you shipping notice. This is something that happens sometime, less frequently lately though as the post office has been picking up daily. The only reason we use Priority Mail is because the only other alternative for something like a DJ in a tube is Parcel Select which often costs more than Priority Mail, and USPS is trying to phase out that service. As the slower shipping method would have cost the same amount or more.

Just for clarification, this was not on your end. When i spoke to the USPS they stated that they had screwed this up, the package was still sitting in NC after 5 days. I just wanted to see if you guys could get some sort of credit back or something.
Thanks all!

jhanic
11-12-2015, 12:13 PM
The only time you can get a refund from the USPS for a late delivery is if you sent something Express Mail (as opposed to Priority Mail) and it doesn't arrive on time. That is one (and I think the only one) service in which they guarantee delivery.

John

DanHocker
11-13-2015, 07:26 AM
The only time you can get a refund from the USPS for a late delivery is if you sent something Express Mail (as opposed to Priority Mail) and it doesn't arrive on time. That is one (and I think the only one) service in which they guarantee delivery.

John

You are correct. Priority mail isn't really paying for 2 or 3 day speed. You are paying for Priority Mail speed, the put a estimated delivery time window on the stickers, but there's no promise they will get there in that amount of time. Especially towards the end of November and all through December.

Cwalker
11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
One of the down sides to having money sitting in paypal is that it seems like "found money", not quite real, and so when you get an email from CD talking about the last Grab Bag for the year, you just go ahead an order it, no hesitation!

Damn this digital universe!! :)

Pieter
11-13-2015, 12:50 PM
How is Salem's Lot doing? Any updates?

Brian James Freeman
11-13-2015, 12:53 PM
How is Salem's Lot doing? Any updates?

This month's update should be going out next week!

Brian

dnemec
11-13-2015, 03:08 PM
One of the down sides to having money sitting in paypal is that it seems like "found money", not quite real, and so when you get an email from CD talking about the last Grab Bag for the year, you just go ahead an order it, no hesitation!

Damn this digital universe!! :)

Isn't that what Paypal money is?!? :confused:

Br!an
11-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I love grab bags!

frik
11-14-2015, 07:09 AM
when you get an email from CD talking about the last Grab Bag for the year, you just go ahead an order it, no hesitation!

Well....I did hesitate -a lot- before finally ordering it.
First of all, I'm from Europe, so I pay practically double the price of the Grab Bag just for shipping to my country...:(
Also, the books I'm interested in I already pre-ordered, so I have no idea if I'll be happy with what I'm going to receive.

So why did I go ahead with my order? Mainly because I'm curious as to what I will be receiving after all.....and because I never ordered a Grab Bag before...
Does this make sense?? :confused:

sk

Cwalker
11-14-2015, 08:11 AM
when you get an email from CD talking about the last Grab Bag for the year, you just go ahead an order it, no hesitation!

Well....I did hesitate -a lot- before finally ordering it.
First of all, I'm from Europe, so I pay practically double the price of the Grab Bag just for shipping to my country...:(
Also, the books I'm interested in I already pre-ordered, so I have no idea if I'll be happy with what I'm going to receive.

So why did I go ahead with my order? Mainly because I'm curious as to what I will be receiving after all.....and because I never ordered a Grab Bag before...
Does this make sense?? :confused:

sk

It makes total sense. It it seems to me anyways to be a case of "what if?", or "but I might miss out on....". It was the not knowing that made me decide to do it.

mkberger
11-14-2015, 09:10 AM
After the last Grab Bag (not from this publisher) I swore 'em off. But just for the "might be," worth a last shot. Here's hoping, Brian and team.

Br!an
11-14-2015, 09:16 AM
CD does a great job with the grab bags. Some other publishers, not so much.

Dan
11-14-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm waiting for the actual "grab" bag. As in, I will go to the warehouse with a bag and start grabbing what I want off the shelves.

I've always been happy with the CD grab bags in the past. Hopefully they have already shipped out every copy of Pork Pie Hat they had left.

frik
11-14-2015, 09:35 AM
There must be an overlooked IT-lettered lying around somewhere....:biggrin1:
Don't mind paying extra for shipping....

sk

Br!an
11-14-2015, 11:43 AM
I've always been happy with the CD grab bags in the past. Hopefully they have already shipped out every copy of Pork Pie Hat they had left.

I think I have three or four copies and never actually ordered the book. :wtf:

Drake69
11-14-2015, 10:45 PM
My DT set is getting lonely. I think it's missing something... <HINT HINT>

:lol1:

webstar1000
11-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Did this Pig book just not sell or something?

Br!an
11-15-2015, 05:05 AM
:wtf:

Dan
11-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Brian,

Any update on Intro to Alien Invasion by Owen King and Mark Jude Poirier? I thought this was released a month or two ago.

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Brian,

Any update on Intro to Alien Invasion by Owen King and Mark Jude Poirier? I thought this was released a month or two ago.

I think our signed copies are due in this week, so then it's just a matter of getting them through the shipping queue in the warehouse, which is a bit backed up right now.

Brian

Dan
11-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Brian,

I think our signed copies are due in this week, so then it's just a matter of getting them through the shipping queue in the warehouse, which is a bit backed up right now.

Brian

Thanks!

richardsrarebooks
11-16-2015, 10:40 AM
How about the random lettered grab bags offered last month? Thanks.

DanHocker
11-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Hi guys. I'm not sure I if I've posted this here or not, but I'll post it again for those that have questions about stuff shipping. We currently have 9 of our books here in the shipping queue, plus 2 non book projects, and as Brian said Intro to Alien Invasion, which should be arriving shortly. So there's a ton of stuff in the shipping queue. So this stuff is coming, it's just gonna take some time. I can't really lay out a time table of specifics for what's shipping when, but I can say that we are currently shipping The Consultant, then later this week will be the Carrie art portfolios. Grab bags and other things of that nature will be worked in where I can fit them. Hope that helps!

Br!an
11-16-2015, 12:34 PM
I just received "The Art of Tomislav Tikulin".

It's very nice.

Brian James Freeman
11-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Was it someone on here who emailed me or PMed me a few months ago looking for a DUMA KEY slipcase? I've searched everywhere and can't find the person's name now. I stumbled across a handful of them in our overflow warehouse today while searching for something else. If you were the one who contacted me, or if just happen to need a slipcase for your US hardcover of DUMA KEY, please EMAIL ME with the subject like Duma Key and we can place a manual order for you. Thank you!

Brian

stroppygoblin
11-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Was it someone on here who emailed me or PMed me a few months ago looking for a DUMA KEY slipcase? I've searched everywhere and can't find the person's name now. I stumbled across a handful of them in our overflow warehouse today while searching for something else. If you were the one who contacted me, or if just happen to need a slipcase for your US hardcover of DUMA KEY, please EMAIL ME with the subject like Duma Key and we can place a manual order for you. Thank you!

Brian

That was probably me Brian, I received a slipcase in the meantime from a kind member here.
I suggest others snapping these up, they are almost impossible to find!

P.S I was also looking for the UK Dr Sleep slipcase, you didn't also stumble on one of those did you?

zelig
11-16-2015, 04:46 PM
That UK Dr Sleep slipcase is about the only CD slipcase I'm missing. Never seen one for sale.

stroppygoblin
11-16-2015, 04:51 PM
That UK Dr Sleep slipcase is about the only CD slipcase I'm missing. Never seen one for sale.

yep, it's my only missing CD case to. I did see it for sale once (with the book), but the bidding went higher than I was prepared to go at the time. In hindsight I would have gone a lot higher!

Brian James Freeman
11-17-2015, 05:53 AM
P.S I was also looking for the UK Dr Sleep slipcase, you didn't also stumble on one of those did you?

Unfortunately, I did not! We get asked about that one a lot...

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-17-2015, 05:53 AM

yep, it's my only missing CD case to. I did see it for sale once (with the book), but the bidding went higher than I was prepared to go at the time. In hindsight I would have gone a lot higher!

Do you recall what it sold for? I missed that and am kind of curious... thanks!

Brian

Jimimck
11-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Brian, any chance you have some phtotos of the Carrie Art Portfolio we could twist your arm in to sharing with us????

AstroDad
11-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Brian, any chance you have some phtotos of the Carrie Art Portfolio we could twist your arm in to sharing with us????

seconded!

T-Dogz_AK47
11-17-2015, 11:15 PM

seconded!

Thirded! :thumbsup:

stroppygoblin
11-18-2015, 01:04 AM

Do you recall what it sold for? I missed that and am kind of curious... thanks!

Brian

Sorry Brian, I checked my eBay auction history, but it was too long ago. It must have gone for more than $60, I would have paid at least that with the book included.

Brian James Freeman
11-18-2015, 06:57 AM

I'm working out of the office today, but I'm sure I can snap some shots tomorrow!

Brian

Dan
11-18-2015, 07:00 PM
I got my shipping notice for Carrie Portfolio. Can't wait!

Jimimck
11-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Just got my shipping notice too!

frik
11-18-2015, 08:45 PM
And mine's on its way as well - finally!!

sk

Bunyip
11-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Me too. Pumped!

DanHocker
11-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Wow, I'm surprised so many of you got your notices already. I didn't think I printed that many labels for these yet. Anyways though, if you don't get your shipping notice right away / or the tracking doesn't show any movement right away, please be patient. These are taking a while to put together / pack to ship. It's gonna be a long process.

dnemec
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
I got one, but I didn't pay attention to it. Sometimes I get a shipping confirmation and the box comes the same day, and sometimes I get a shipping confirmation and it comes in 3 days. No need to get excited. It will be here soon!

Kingfan24
11-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Can we have some pictures? Also are the remarqued portfolios shipping at this time?

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Can we have some pictures? Also are the remarqued portfolios shipping at this time?

1) Soon... 2) Glenn wanted to give them a little extra attention, but we expect the remarqued sheets back soon!

AstroDad
11-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Glen forgot to do the remarques?!!?!??

:D

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Just the Portfolio:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieArtworkPortfolio.jpg

The Portfolio with the matching Artist Edition book and traycase:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CarrieArtworkPortfolio2.jpg

Brian

jonp
11-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Very nice. I really like the pictorial folder.

Br!an
11-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup:

TCCBodhi
11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Very nice looking. I really love the followthrough of the CD productions from your own productions to the slipcases for the Scribner and other books. Everything is just top notch guys! Keep 'em coming!

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Looks awesome! Can't wait

Jimimck
11-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the photos!

AstroDad
11-20-2015, 05:55 AM
Hey Brian or Dan (or anyone else that happens to have one)!

Any chance you guys have an extra Doctor Sleep Traycase laying around in the warehouse? I just bought a s/l missing a traycase.

DanHocker
11-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Hey Brian or Dan (or anyone else that happens to have one)!

Any chance you guys have an extra Doctor Sleep Traycase laying around in the warehouse? I just bought a s/l missing a traycase.

I think so. Just email Mindy asking and we can put an order in for you.

AstroDad
11-20-2015, 07:58 AM
will do, thanks!

Kingfan24
11-20-2015, 08:54 AM
Hey Brian - what type of material is that folder? I can't really tell

Brian James Freeman
11-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Hey Brian - what type of material is that folder? I can't really tell

They are a custom "reinforced capacity folder" with a 1/4" spine and reinforced sides, sized at a little less than 9 X 12. The printing is full color and I believe we selected a matte finish for the final coating to match the DJ finish for the Artist Edition.

Brian

skyofcrack
11-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Portfolio looks fantastic. Mine arrived this morning. Gotta go pick it up.

Edit: pics

My folder was slightly wrinkled but it doesn't really bother me too much.

The paper for the limitation page is much flimsier than the rest.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/100_2855_zps6mqnuvhp.jpg~original
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/100_2856_zpsl2k4vyx4.jpg~original
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/100_2865_zpsxvc2iatv.jpg~original
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/sk_limiteds/100_2858_zps69mc8cqh.jpg~original

zelig
11-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Anyone else get their portfolio with the bumped corners? Mine arrived today with the top and bottom bumped. Top is the worst. I'm sure there will be more because this is not an easy one to protect in shipping. Even though it was packed well, the cardboard folder can easily get damaged.

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Anyone else get their portfolio with the bumped corners? Mine arrived today with the top and bottom bumped. Top is the worst. I'm sure there will be more because this is not an easy one to protect in shipping. Even though it was packed well, the cardboard folder can easily get damaged.

D'oh. For anyone who has problems when theirs arrives, Mindy can ship you a replacement: order@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2015, 02:17 PM
The paper for the limitation page is much flimsier than the rest.

Yep, those were printed first, and after seeing them, we decided to upgrade the paper stock for the prints. Future portfolios should have both printed on the same stock.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2015, 02:18 PM
My folder was slightly wrinkled but it doesn't really bother me too much.

Still be sure to email Mindy so she can get you a replacement: order@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Brian

zelig
11-21-2015, 02:18 PM

D'oh. For anyone who has problems when theirs arrives, Mindy can ship you a replacement: order@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Brian

Thanks Brian!

mkberger
11-21-2015, 02:42 PM
Yes, thanks. Pretty pleased overall--package and price were excellent, and it makes a nice addition to the book.

Brian James Freeman
11-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Did I remember to post this photo the other day? The dummy book for our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT is in the white DJ:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotdummy.jpg

Brian

webstar1000
11-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Massive. Hope the tray case fits nicely and is as nice OR nicer than Carrie... this is a HUGE fan fav!!!

Randall Flagg
11-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Received my Carrie portfolio today. Very nice work.

allasorte
11-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Did anyone else get an email from CD regarding shipment of Finders Keepers with slipcase being on it's way? I'm also waiting for the PS Skeleton Crew too :).

Brian James Freeman
11-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Did anyone else get an email from CD regarding shipment of Finders Keepers with slipcase being on it's way?

I've believe they're shipping this week.

Brian

allasorte
11-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Did anyone else get an email from CD regarding shipment of Finders Keepers with slipcase being on it's way?

Brian
Oh Snap!

bdwyer19
11-24-2015, 01:07 PM

Brian

Brian - When will you know if you have extra slipcases for purchase? I emailed Mindy a few days ago, but never got a reply.

mkberger
11-24-2015, 01:13 PM

Brian

Brian - When will you know if you have extra slipcases for purchase? I emailed Mindy a few days ago, but never got a reply.

We will have one available (when they ship). If CD doesn't have extras, please feel free to drop a note.

jsmcmullen92
11-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Did I remember to post this photo the other day? The dummy book for our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT is in the white DJ:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotdummy.jpg

Brian

Is that a standard 1st edition size Salem's Lot or is it the full size BCE on the right?

killjoy72
11-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Judging by the anchor on the bottom of the spine I'd say it's a BCE.

DanHocker
11-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Did anyone else get an email from CD regarding shipment of Finders Keepers with slipcase being on it's way? I'm also waiting for the PS Skeleton Crew too :).

Yep these are shipping now. I have some holiday help in for the first part of the week so these should all be done being packed tomorrow probably. I can't really give you an idea on when the PS Publishing stuff will ship, it's gotta all get here first before I can even think about how I'm going to fit it into the packed shipping schedule.

DanHocker
11-24-2015, 01:28 PM

Brian

I would think that sometime next week we'll have an exact count on the extras and be able to put them back on the site.

bdwyer19
11-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Brian

I would think that sometime next week we'll have an exact count on the extras and be able to put them back on the site.

Thanks Dan!

allasorte
11-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Thank you for the insight Dan and Brian!

goheat
11-24-2015, 02:05 PM

Brian

Thanks Dan!

Yes, thanks! I'm looking for a Finders Keepers slipcase as well, as I missed out on the initial ordering.

Lookwhoitis
11-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Just recieved my Carrie portfolio and not only was i surprised that my number was not matched (I think I may be the culprit for that though as I dont think I requested it? Or meant to but forgot to?) but the folder that it comes in looks a little flimsy to my eye. Yeah it looks COOL, kind of like one of those custom Mead folders you had when you were a kid. I wonder if it will stand up over time as a collectible in durability. I do not own the IT portfolio and I remember the issues with the Dark Man portfolio being smudged and you had to erase the marks with a gummy eraser. At least the Dark Man had a solid slipcase to protect the artwork. Kind of feel like production costs cutting moves were made and the $50 price tag for this item might have been a little much to just mail the prints loose in a simple folder with no other protective enclosure. These folders will definitely get dog eared and corner bumped over time.

carlosdetweiller
11-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Just recieved my Carrie portfolio and not only was i surprised that my number was not matched (I think I may be the culprit for that though as I dont think I requested it? Or meant to but forgot to?) but the folder that it comes in looks a little flimsy to my eye. Yeah it looks COOL, kind of like one of those custom Mead folders you had when you were a kid. I wonder if it will stand up over time as a collectible in durability. I do not own the IT portfolio and I remember the issues with the Dark Man portfolio being smudged and you had to erase the marks with a gummy eraser. At least the Dark Man had a solid slipcase to protect the artwork. Kind of feel like production costs cutting moves were made and the $50 price tag for this item might have been a little much to just mail the prints loose in a simple folder with no other protective enclosure. These folders will definitely get dog eared and corner bumped over time.

I thought the same thing re: long term durability. I may invest in a large mylar sleeve to put mine in. I don't think it will fare well unprotected.

TCCBodhi
11-24-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure what other options would have been available and have this remain an affordable production. I think it looks great from the pictures and looks right at home with the books. Yes, this is an item that needs to be taken care of, but I think most of us are able to do that. :)

I'll still be waiting a little while for mine since Glenn is giving a little more attention to the Remarques, but at this point, what's a little longer. :) I'm sure it will be great and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

carlosdetweiller
11-24-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm not entirely sure what other options would have been available and have this remain an affordable production. I think it looks great from the pictures and looks right at home with the books. Yes, this is an item that needs to be taken care of, but I think most of us are able to do that. :)

I'll still be waiting a little while for mine since Glenn is giving a little more attention to the Remarques, but at this point, what's a little longer. :) I'm sure it will be great and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I think you'll see what we are talking about when you get yours. Yes, they certainly were priced reasonably and that is a plus. But you know how compulsive we all are about protecting our collectibles. This one just seems fragile. And I think the dark background will show even the smallest ding. Sort of like a 'Salem's Lot dust jacket.

Brian James Freeman
11-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback, as always! I do think comparing these to other, much more expensive portfolios isn't quite fair. The Dark Man was $125 and IT *should* have been that same price if we had realized how wildly costs would sky rocket during production.

I've paid $40 to $50 for art portfolios that came in a plain white folder with the title of the book printed in black ink on the front, so I thought this folder was actually a nice upgrade.

In addition, I've heard rumors of a really nice slipcase to hold all 6 of the Doubleday Years portfolios, so for anyone who plans on getting the whole set, that might be a very nice way to finish things off and get a great looking item for your shelf.

Plus, I hear some of the bonus features for the 'SALEM'S LOT portfolio are really quite excellent -- behind the scenes stuff you rarely see in print.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-24-2015, 05:08 PM
For those who forgot to ask for matching numbers, it might not be too late to get your signature sheet swapped for your matching number if you email Mindy right away while we're still shipping: order@cemeterydance.com -- it'll hinge on whether that number went out the door yet. But we did match numbers for anyone who asked.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Is that a standard 1st edition size Salem's Lot or is it the full size BCE on the right?

BCE, which is all we have at the office right now. We used up several BCEs in production, actually...For some reason, I couldn't get anyone to sacrifice their 1sts!

Brian

Merlin1958
11-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Brian, I had some issues with the "EOW" slipcase shipping charge in another thread, but I am wondering, do you also offer a book and slipcase version I somehow missed? Maybe it all works out in the end? I'd prefer the book and case as I did with "FK" which, is now shipping I believe!!!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

BTW, in case you are a little full of "Holiday Cheer", feel free to post any and all product links here in response to my question!!! LOL

Dan
11-24-2015, 05:17 PM
So, should we expect the order page for the Salems Lot portfolio any time soon? A slipcase for the art portfolios is a great idea?

By the way, I received my portfolio today. The package was ripped open, but he folder was not damaged in the least. Thanks!

AstroDad
11-24-2015, 05:18 PM
In addition, I've heard rumors of a really nice slipcase to hold all 6 of the Doubleday Years portfolios, so for anyone who plans on getting the whole set, that might be a very nice way to finish things off and get a great looking item for your shelf.

Plus, I hear some of the bonus features for the 'SALEM'S LOT portfolio are really quite excellent -- behind the scenes stuff you rarely see in print.

Brian

sounds like a bunch of unfounded rumors to me

:drool:

jhanic
11-24-2015, 06:05 PM

I thought the same thing re: long term durability. I may invest in a large mylar sleeve to put mine in. I don't think it will fare well unprotected.

I put mine in a large archival plastic bag. With a minimum of care it should be okay.

John

Jimimck
11-24-2015, 06:35 PM
I slipcase for all sets sounds like a cool idea. Especially when I wasn't thinking of getting all six art portfolios - cos I am now!

mkberger
11-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Brian and/or Dan,

Wanted to check and see if you had an approximate date for shipping on the Grab Bags? It was clear that they would not be ready to ship until December, but as there may be giftable material in them, wanted to see whether we should count on those before the last week of December or whether it was likely to be January before they arrive.

Thanks.

Johnny Alien
11-25-2015, 07:44 AM
They had said that every book minus one in the last book club would ship before the new year and as of now not one of them has been sent out. My guess is that everything is behind and if they said Dec I would count on Jan at the earliest.

WeDealInLead
11-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Brian, was Piccirilli's Bad Dog a part of a some club? I found out about it when I was searching for his books on eBay. Thanks.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Brian, was Piccirilli's Bad Dog a part of a some club? I found out about it when I was searching for his books on eBay. Thanks.

Some copies have been shipping as part of a Forthcoming Grab Bag, and the book will be formally announced in December.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Brian and/or Dan,

Wanted to check and see if you had an approximate date for shipping on the Grab Bags? It was clear that they would not be ready to ship until December, but as there may be giftable material in them, wanted to see whether we should count on those before the last week of December or whether it was likely to be January before they arrive.

Thanks.

We would like to ship them in December, but they may not start until the very last week, so I wouldn't count on them for gifts.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 08:46 AM
They had said that every book minus one in the last book club would ship before the new year and as of now not one of them has been sent out.

Six of the books will start shipping the second week of December.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 08:47 AM
So, should we expect the order page for the Salems Lot portfolio any time soon?

Next week or the week after, I think... Still waiting on all of the details to come together in terms of what bonus material is available!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Brian, I had some issues with the "EOW" slipcase shipping charge in another thread, but I am wondering, do you also offer a book and slipcase version I somehow missed? Maybe it all works out in the end? I'd prefer the book and case as I did with "FK" which, is now shipping I believe!!!

We do indeed offer the book and the slipcase as a bundle for those who would like to buy both from us:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king113

Brian

Jimimck
11-25-2015, 02:14 PM
My Carrie art portfolio arraive today. No dented corners and my number was matched so thank you heaps CD.

I dd notice a small flaw, and I am only posting this in case others may have missed it, in that there are two small tears on the inside of the folder where the artwork sits. I'm not too worried personally, but it may be worth checking yours out if this type of flaw would bother you...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/jimimck/545AA565-C9D6-42BB-916C-6C5BB9DEF32F_zpsoc8ozrue.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/jimimck/media/545AA565-C9D6-42BB-916C-6C5BB9DEF32F_zpsoc8ozrue.jpg.html)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/jimimck/F33BF092-D5A4-4032-8166-C5C0BFC18805_zps69rnm7jj.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/jimimck/media/F33BF092-D5A4-4032-8166-C5C0BFC18805_zps69rnm7jj.jpg.html)

jhanic
11-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Mine's okay.

John

Merlin1958
11-25-2015, 03:17 PM

We do indeed offer the book and the slipcase as a bundle for those who would like to buy both from us:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king113

Brian

Many thanks, Brian. I'm off to order one right now!!!

Edit: with the book, Media Mail applies so it was just $7.70 for s/h FWIW

WeDealInLead
11-25-2015, 04:40 PM

Some copies have been shipping as part of a Forthcoming Grab Bag, and the book will be formally announced in December.

Brian

Nice. I bought two grab bags so fingers crossed.

TCCBodhi
11-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm 80% positive that I saw an active Joyland Slipcover order page the other day. Is that true or am I imagining it? Does it fit the larger of the 1st edition paperbacks? Now that we've got a great sale weekend, it would be great to order, if it is still available, but I'm not finding it today.

I was probably hallucinating it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm 80% positive that I saw an active Joyland Slipcover order page the other day. Is that true or am I imagining it? Does it fit the larger of the 1st edition paperbacks? Now that we've got a great sale weekend, it would be great to order, if it is still available, but I'm not finding it today.

There is a slipcase for the hardcover in production, but I removed the preorder page for that and a few other items earlier this week when I realized they were still active because those cases are rolling at the slipcase maker and we won't know what kind of extras we have (or don't have!) until he's done!

Brian

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2015, 07:13 PM
My Carrie art portfolio arraive today. No dented corners and my number was matched so thank you heaps CD.

I dd notice a small flaw, and I am only posting this in case others may have missed it, in that there are two small tears on the inside of the folder where the artwork sits. I'm not too worried personally, but it may be worth checking yours out if this type of flaw would bother you...

It would bother me! Email Mindy for a replacement! (order@cemeterydance.com)

I think we've figured out the packing issue that has made some of these more apt to be damaged in transit, and we'll be correcting it for 'Salem's Lot and beyond!

Brian

Langolier
11-26-2015, 01:37 AM
Hi guys!
Any news about "Better Weird"? I can't even find it on the "Production Updates" page :confused:

webstar1000
11-26-2015, 04:22 AM
Has everyone got their shipping notices for the Portfolio? I have not:(

AstroDad
11-26-2015, 06:35 AM
i haven't either, but I got the remarque, so I chalk it up to that.

mkberger
11-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Got the shipping notice for the FINDERS KEEPERS slipcase yesterday.

Br!an
11-26-2015, 01:48 PM
I received the shipping notice for the portfolio last Friday and received it on Tuesday in good shape.

The folder of the Carrie portfolio does remind me of an upgraded Pee Chee folder. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pee_Chee_folder

I worked at a movie theater in 1979 and had a friend who was a film critic. I was invited by him to go to the premier of Alien in Hollywood at the Motion Picture Academy theater. We both stated that we were "press" as we entered and were given press kits. The press kits contained promotional material, photos, biographies, etc., contained in a similar folder with the Alien "egg" glowing on the front. Being an ignorant young man I actually used the folder in school. It did make me "cool" for a while though.

I also received notice of my Finders Keepers slipcases and the Lettered edition grab bag. :excited:

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi guys!
Any news about "Better Weird"? I can't even find it on the "Production Updates" page :confused:

I will have to get it listed on the Production Updates page, I forgot about that. I believe Robert McCammon and Bentley Little just signed the signature sheets and there are 2 or 3 more people to go before it's sent to the printer. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I worked at a movie theater in 1979 and had a friend who was a film critic. I was invited by him to go to the premier of Alien in Hollywood at the Motion Picture Academy theater. We both stated that we were "press" as we entered and were given press kits. The press kits contained promotional material, photos, biographies, etc., contained in a similar folder with the Alien "egg" glowing on the front. Being an ignorant young man I actually used the folder in school. It did make me "cool" for a while though.

That's an awesome story!!

Brian

TCCBodhi
11-26-2015, 08:21 PM

There is a slipcase for the hardcover in production, but I removed the preorder page for that and a few other items earlier this week when I realized they were still active because those cases are rolling at the slipcase maker and we won't know what kind of extras we have (or don't have!) until he's done!

Brian

Brian

Glad I'm not slipping completely....yet. As always, I appreciate that you are there to give us as much info on a day to day basis as you do. :) Thanks much!

DanHocker
11-30-2015, 07:28 AM

Brian

Brian

Glad I'm not slipping completely....yet. As always, I appreciate that you are there to give us as much info on a day to day basis as you do. :) Thanks much!

Unless I'm crazy we did at one point have a slipcase for the paperback as well. Long since sold out though.

DanHocker
11-30-2015, 07:30 AM

Hmm that's a new one. Like Brian said email in and we'll send you a replacement.

DanHocker
11-30-2015, 07:31 AM
For anyone still waiting for their art portfolios, all but the remarques and just a handfull of problem orders / orders that have been placed since the initial shipping have gone out the door. If you didn't order a remarque but still haven't gotten your notices shoot me an email and I'll look into it for you.

webstar1000
11-30-2015, 07:37 AM
For anyone still waiting for their art portfolios, all but the remarques and just a handfull of problem orders / orders that have been placed since the initial shipping have gone out the door. If you didn't order a remarque but still haven't gotten your notices shoot me an email and I'll look into it for you.

??? I bought mine a LONG time ago and have not received a shipping notice Dan... I also did not want in remarqued. Are you sure all the orders have gone?

bdwyer19
11-30-2015, 07:45 AM

Brian

Brian

Unless I'm crazy we did at one point have a slipcase for the paperback as well. Long since sold out though.

I've been searching for that slipcase for awhile now, since I have a signed copy. Very hard to find!

zelig
11-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Brian there's one on eBay. But you have to buy the book with it. At least it was there the last time I checked a couple days ago.

bdwyer19
11-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Brian there's one on eBay. But you have to buy the book with it. At least it was there the last time I checked a couple days ago.

Thanks Paul. It's being sold by a member here, so there's hope!

DanHocker
11-30-2015, 08:40 AM

??? I bought mine a LONG time ago and have not received a shipping notice Dan... I also did not want in remarqued. Are you sure all the orders have gone?

You gotta email me. It could be stuck, but I can't look into it from your forum info.

LostAlivE
11-30-2015, 02:27 PM
I received my Carrie portfolio today.

Bunyip
11-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Can you post a pic? I'm in Australia, so mine is still in transit...super excited. I've been too broke to buy anything new lately,so I'm really pumped up to recieve this.

AstroDad
11-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Quick suggestion for the Production Update portion of the site: Often the update will include timeline details such as 12 weeks until this happens and then 6 weeks until that happens, but unless it is a new update there is no indication as to when that update was published so the 12 weeks, 6 weeks, estimates mean nothing to someone who didn't see or doesn't remember when it was first on the page. It would be helpful to those that check the page if each book had a date of last update next to it rather than the overall page update date at the top.

Just a thought :)

Roseannebarr
11-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Quick suggestion for the Production Update portion of the site: Often the update will include timeline details such as 12 weeks until this happens and then 6 weeks until that happens, but unless it is a new update there is no indication as to when that update was published so the 12 weeks, 6 weeks, estimates mean nothing to someone who didn't see or doesn't remember when it was first on the page. It would be helpful to those that check the page if each book had a date of last update next to it rather than the overall page update date at the top.

I was just looking at the production updates too! and thought the very same thing! I am going through all my old orders trying to make sense of what is still on back order and what i ordered. I honestly dont know how MINDY keeps up with it all.

I ordered:

Salems Lot Portfolio
Four Halloweens
4 slipcases BOBD
Double day years secret link???
Best of Shivers GE and signed edition
4 slipcases Finders Keepers
Shining GE & Deluxe
Owen King Alien Invasion
Joyland Illustrated with Slipcase
another Secret Link ??
and yet another secret Link ???

I keep telling my wife that i ordered these books before i quit ordering SK books!

Detours
Gone Girl
Turn down the lights
Cemetary Dance 15 years

Br!an
11-30-2015, 03:11 PM
If I had known that Four Halloweens was the publication schedule I might have reconsidered. :wtf:

Aww, c'mon that's funny!

jhanic
11-30-2015, 04:12 PM
I just ordered my Salem's Lot portfolio. Looking forward to this one!

John

Br!an
11-30-2015, 04:16 PM
It looks good!

The Library Policeman
11-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Yep just ordered mine too :)

TCCBodhi
11-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Yep, ordered the Salem's portfolio. I hope that I see the Remarque email just as quickly. I'm far more excited about this book & portfolio than any previous CD book that I've managed to be 'online' for.

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2015, 06:30 PM

I'm thinking of revamping that page for 2016, not sure how yet, but that's on the list for sure -- thanks!

Bunyip
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
After posting I was waiting for Carrie folio I walked outside to find it on my doorstep. Love it! I thought the folder itself might have been sturdier, but it is lovely. I just ordered Salems folio too. It's all coming together.;)

frik
12-01-2015, 06:42 AM
My Carrie portfolio was shipped more than 2 weeks ago. As I live in Europe, I hadn't expected it to be here yet. Hopefully later this week.
Of course I pre-ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio.Not sure if I want the remarque though.

sk

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 06:44 AM
I never got the email about Salems.. strange since I am a member and get the flyers:( Thanks to the member that hooked my up with the link. I would have been very upset had it sold out before hand.. ESPECIALLY where the extra pieces being put into print.. I OWN!! lol Emailed Brian and Mindy.. so not worried this will happen again!

PS: I am selling one of my pieces if you want a piece of history! :)

bdwyer19
12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Brian/Dan - Will you be listing the remaining Finders Keepers slipcases soon?

carlosdetweiller
12-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Regarding the 'salem's Lot artist portfolio: Did anyone request a matching number? Sort of difficult since we don't have the book yet. Anyone trying to match a number with their Carrie book and portfolio?

jhanic
12-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Regarding the 'salem's Lot artist portfolio: Did anyone request a matching number? Sort of difficult since we don't have the book yet. Anyone trying to match a number with their Carrie book and portfolio?

I asked for "my" number, but I haven't heard from Mindy yet.

John

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Yep, just send Mindy a message Brian said with what number you want and she will make a note. I did...

zelig
12-01-2015, 06:58 AM

Yes I've been doing this. I got a matching number with the books and the Carrie portfolio.

jsmcmullen92
12-01-2015, 07:31 AM
I think they are swamped with the Book Club and Grab Bags and all the books going out. I sent an email to Mindy Sunday and still waiting for a response but I usually give them a few days leeway.

Br!an
12-01-2015, 07:41 AM
They matched my portfolio to my Carrie, and Mindy noted my 'Salem's Lot order to match my number. They'll match this portfolio too.

If you are trying to match a 'Salem's Lot to it's portfolio without knowing the number, I suppose a note to Mindy should sort it out. She can note both orders so that Dan knows to match numbers.

Roseannebarr
12-01-2015, 08:01 AM
My Carrie portfolio was shipped more than 2 weeks ago. As I live in Europe, I hadn't expected it to be here yet. Hopefully later this week.
Of course I pre-ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio.Not sure if I want the remarque though.

sk

Is now the right time to ask for a sturdier cover for the Salems Lot Portfolio? the cover is flimsy? Just curious if this can be upgraded?

DanHocker
12-01-2015, 08:08 AM
For those asking about how to matching numbers. Just write to Mindy and ask to match your portfolio to the book. You don't need to know which number you are getting for the book. We will just mark your order as such.

DanHocker
12-01-2015, 08:13 AM

sk

Is now the right time to ask for a sturdier cover for the Salems Lot Portfolio? the cover is flimsy? Just curious if this can be upgraded?

I can't say for sure, but I'm going to assume that won't be changing the design on the folders. It makes more sense for them to match the whole way across the series.

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Right now! Here's the link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES039

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2015, 08:19 AM

I can't say for sure, but I'm going to assume that won't be changing the design on the folders. It makes more sense for them to match the whole way across the series.

Yeah, we would have to go with a different style of folder to change the weight of the cover stock. We'll look at our options again when we go to print these and see if anything has changed, re: the stock available, etc.

Brian

bdwyer19
12-01-2015, 08:35 AM

Right now! Here's the link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES039

Brian

...and Ordered. Thank you!!

Cwalker
12-01-2015, 08:39 AM
+1 on the FK slipcase. Yeaaaa!!!!

goheat
12-01-2015, 09:14 AM
+1 on the FK slipcase. Yeaaaa!!!!

And another +1 on this! :thumbsup:

LostAlivE
12-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Regarding the 'salem's Lot artist portfolio: I haven't seen an order page for it so how did everyone order it?
I want one of those also to go with my Carrie portfolio. Can someone help me out about this?

goheat
12-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Regarding the 'salem's Lot artist portfolio: I haven't seen an order page for it so how did everyone order it?
I want one of those also to go with my Carrie portfolio. Can someone help me out about this?

Here it is: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_SALEM

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 09:26 AM

I had the same issue. I am lucky to get one as this will sell out.... I am not thrilled to have been missed on the email while everyone else got it!

LostAlivE
12-01-2015, 09:36 AM
I found it in my e-mail. I have been busy.

Br!an
12-01-2015, 10:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEidTa5nPU

Dan
12-01-2015, 11:21 AM
As far as I can see from my email this only went to the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 6 members. I received one, as I am a member.

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 11:23 AM
As far as I can see from my email this only went to the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 6 members. I received one, as I am a member.

You know, I still have not gotten a reason why this is so... but I have to say if that is so it kind of bothers me for a few reasons... I won't go into them here though. Is what it is:(

Br!an
12-01-2015, 11:25 AM
I only received a CDCC email about this.

They did put up the link on their website for anyone to access though.

The Carrie portfolio is still available, so I don't think this will sell out so soon that any of us has to worry about it.

Dan
12-01-2015, 11:27 AM
When the Collectors Club is offered to the public each year it is stated that members receive early notice on book orders, including Stephen King books. In fact, they told everyone about how during the initial sale of IT it was said that members received early notice and were able to get the lettered before it sold out. It's an option for anyone to purchase each year.

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
I never got the email about Salems.. strange since I am a member and get the flyers:(

I think I figured out the problem with your account, and it should be fixed now...!

Brian

Ari_Racing
12-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I didn't get the email. :( Thanks for the link! I've just ordered it.

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Woo. I never seen an email either. I did get the Salems portfolio ordered to match my carrie and portfolio. Now hopefully Ill luck out and someone will cancel and Ill be able to snag the book as well to match as I was a little late to the party

Dan
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Woo. I never seen an email either. I did get the Salems portfolio ordered to match my carrie and portfolio. Now hopefully Ill luck out and someone will cancel and Ill be able to snag the book as well to match as I was a little late to the party

Check with Subterranean Press. I think they still have some copies for pre order.

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Check with Subterranean Press. I think they still have some copies for pre order.

Thanks Dan!

Jimimck
12-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I had the same issue. I am lucky to get one as this will sell out

Kris, just courious as to your thoughts as to why this one will sell out when the Carrie one hasn't yet? (I'm not disagreeing with you, just interetsed to hear your reasons...)

Bunyip
12-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if Bazaar slipcase will be available separately from the book?

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if Bazaar slipcase will be available separately from the book?

Yep, we always offer them separately during the preorder window, and then we usually have extras after filling the orders and accounting for damages, so we'll post a link here when/if we put them back on the site!

Brian

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I never got the email about Salems.. strange since I am a member and get the flyers:(

I think I figured out the problem with your account, and it should be fixed now...!

Brian

Oh this is great news Bri!!! You never disappoint!

webstar1000
12-01-2015, 06:07 PM
I had the same issue. I am lucky to get one as this will sell out

Kris, just courious as to your thoughts as to why this one will sell out when the Carrie one hasn't yet? (I'm not disagreeing with you, just interetsed to hear your reasons...)

I think the artwork is FANTASTIC as do many others. I think Salems in MUCH more loved and coveted than Carrie is. I also think the production will be nice on the various editions too... Color wise especially/more eye appealing maybe? And I just feel more excitement/demand in the other groups as well as this one for this new CD production....

herbertwest
12-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Here is a short interview with Scott Ian of ANTHRAX, which is a King collector :
>>> http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/features/2015-05-26/houses-of-the-unholy-scott-ian-anthrax?identifier=66656174757265-555dcb7447df68.86977454

When he’s not busy heading up the mighty Anthrax, you’ll find Scott Ian with his nose stuck in a Stephen King novel or six.
HOW'D YOU GET INTO STEPHEN KING?

"I saw the movie Carrie when it came out and went right out and bought the book. I loved it. I went back to the bookstore and asked, 'What else do you have by Stephen King?' They were like, 'Nothing. You have to wait for the next book to come out'.

SO WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU COLLECT?

“First editions and limited editions. He started putting out limited editions, I’m pretty sure with Firestarter, way back when. Firestarter came out through Viking at the time, but the limited that I have – there are two different ones – came out through Phantasia Press. They put out a special collector’s edition through an arrangement with Viking Press. It’s limited to 725 numbered and signed copies. He always puts out a limited edition that he usually signs and sometimes there’ll be illustrations by other artists and they’re numbered and limited to a number of copies. These are true first editions.”

WHAT WOULD ONE OF THESE PUPPIES SET YOU BACK?

“The one I have, the 725 copies edition, was $35 at the time, but I probably got it for $450 when I bought it around ’87 or ’88, because they’re so rare. There’s another Firestarter limited edition that I don’t have that comes in this asbestos cover and all this other stuff, with even fewer copies made. These days, if you can even find one – because nobody who has one is selling it – it would probably be somewhere in the $8,000 to $10,000 range.”

WHAT’S THE HOLY GRAIL FOR STEPHEN KING NERDS?

“The Plant is the Holy Grail – it’s one of the rarest things he’s ever released. The originals were these little rexographed chapbooks. He’d write a part of the story and at Christmas-time he’d rexograph off a couple hundred copies and send them to his Christmas card list. There were six installments, all done by hand by him and signed. Even if that comes up for sale – which it never does – you’re talking somewhere around $20,000. It’s the coolest thing to own because it’s certainly the most personal.”

SO HOW BIG IS YOUR COLLECTION?

“Let’s see... [counting for nearly two minutes] I’ll count the Green Mile originals as one story, instead of six separate books... I think 108 books. I mean, if you just had the hardback of every novel he’s written, it’s got to be 60 books or something like that.”

HAVEN’T YOU JUST WRITTEN A FOREWORD FOR ONE OF HIS BOOKS?

“Yeah, this press, Overlook Connection, have the rights to start re-releasing his books in new editions. They approached me about writing a new foreword for The Stand because of what a big fan I am and because the Among The Living record is so heavily influenced by that book. So I wrote the foreword for this edition, which was mindblowing! I like to think that Stephen King read something that I actually wrote. Ha ha!”

HAVE YOU EVER MET THE MAN?

“No, but I hope to someday. It would be cool to just shake his hand and obviously if I could have a conversation with him, it would be even better. I’m sure we could talk music all day. Even in the world of music, there’s no one bigger than him. I’ve never met Malcolm or Angus Young, but meeting Stephen King would be even bigger for me. Other than breathing and listening to music, reading Stephen King books is the one constant activity in my life. It pre-dates Anthrax.”

A NEW ANTHRAX ALBUM IS EXPECTED LATER THIS YEAR

Look at that :

HAVEN’T YOU JUST WRITTEN A FOREWORD FOR ONE OF HIS BOOKS?

“Yeah, this press, Overlook Connection, have the rights to start re-releasing his books in new editions.They approached me about writing a new foreword for The Stand because of what a big fan I am and because the Among The Living record is so heavily influenced by that book. So I wrote the foreword for this edition, which was mindblowing! I like to think that Stephen King read something that I actually wrote. Ha ha!”

Overlook Connection?
I would tend to think that this would be CEMETERY DANCE (or PS PUBLISHING), but that would mean it's a mistake and I am sure that he wouldnt have mentionned Overlook by mistake.
Any thoughts on that?

bdwyer19
12-02-2015, 03:59 AM
That's really cool! Now we just need to get him to join the forum.

Br!an
12-02-2015, 04:39 AM
He should join the forum. He could learn something. He has a lot of his "facts" wrong.

I doubt that Overlook has acquired rights to publish "new editions." It's more likely to be a rebound book like he always does.

carlosdetweiller
12-02-2015, 04:51 AM
Overlook Connection?
I would tend to think that this would be CEMETERY DANCE (or PS PUBLISHING), but that would mean it's a mistake and I am sure that he wouldnt have mentionned Overlook by mistake.
Any thoughts on that?

My only thought is one of resignation. Isn't that just what we need right now? Another publisher coming out with special editions of Carrie, The Shining, etc. At least these would have that magic Hinchberger touch.....with glow in the dark bindings and tacky slipcases. Do you think Glenn Chadbourne will do all new illustrations for the Overlook series or just recycle the ones he has already done for PS and CD?

Br!an
12-02-2015, 04:57 AM
Hey Bob, this might be one way to stop you from being a completist!

webstar1000
12-02-2015, 05:04 AM
He should join the forum. He could learn something. He has a lot of his "facts" wrong.

I doubt that Overlook has acquired rights to publish "new editions." It's more likely to be a rebound book like he always does.

Yeah he does... $20K for a Plant set? wow...

The Library Policeman
12-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Meh. Even I'VE met Stephen King :evil:

Br!an
12-02-2015, 05:52 AM

Yeah he does... $20K for a Plant set? wow...

All six chapters yet! I suppose that would be worth it. :orely:

And $10,000 for an asbestos Firestarter!

I bet his bookseller has a really nice shop! :wtf:

herbertwest
12-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Overlook Connection?
Any thoughts on that?

My only thought is one of resignation. Isn't that just what we need right now? Another publisher coming out with special editions of Carrie, The Shining, etc. At least these would have that magic Hinchberger touch.....with glow in the dark bindings and tacky slipcases. Do you think Glenn Chadbourne will do all new illustrations for the Overlook series or just recycle the ones he has already done for PS and CD?

Exactly my thoughts, but maybe it was a mistake and would be CD with their upcoming Doubleday edition? Hence I mentionned it in this thread.
But then, surely he wouldn't have named Overlook. The difference in the name is quite obvious....

Brian / Dan : can you please confirm to us that it is not your Doubleday special edition of THE STAND?

jsweet
12-02-2015, 07:45 AM
He wrote the jacket copy for the new Chadbourne jacket Overlook produced for The Stand
http://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/catalog/signed-king-chadbourne-cover-series-the-stand-p-2079.html

Br!an
12-02-2015, 08:01 AM
A "new forward" for a "new edition" sounds a lot better than a blurb on a dustjacket.

herbertwest
12-02-2015, 08:26 AM
He wrote the jacket copy for the new Chadbourne jacket Overlook produced for The Stand
http://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/catalog/signed-king-chadbourne-cover-series-the-stand-p-2079.html

Thanks for that.
The website is ALWAYS down. Which is not really good for business. I dont really understand that. A basic hosting cost $50-100 and I am certain that there is not an amazing traffic on this website.
And the only time I ordered something from Overlook, I recieved my order about 6 months or so later.

carlosdetweiller
12-02-2015, 08:45 AM
And the only time I ordered something from Overlook, I recieved my order about 6 months or so later.

You must have paid for express shipping to have gotten it so quickly.

Brian James Freeman
12-02-2015, 08:47 AM
We are working on some fun bonus features for THE STAND, but that isn't one of them. Love this enthusiasm for SK's work, though!

Brian

Theli
12-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Interesting thoughts from Scott. Not sure what they are going to use his foreword in, I can't imagine Overlook releasing any SK books other than re-bindings or perhaps compendiums. I do remember reading about Stephen listening to Anthrax in the 80's can't remember where I'd read that though. Anthrax aren't a bad band, not the best either, but I always liked their attitude and Scott seems like a good dude.

Brian: I just ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio yesterday, what I'm wondering is if the portfolio will be released after the actual CD edition of 'Salem's Lot or before it. The reason I'm wondering is because I was only able to order the GE edition at the time, but would like to get an AE copy if any become available, and would love to match the numbers if at all possible.

Brian James Freeman
12-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Brian: I just ordered the 'Salem's Lot portfolio yesterday, what I'm wondering is if the portfolio will be released after the actual CD edition of 'Salem's Lot or before it. The reason I'm wondering is because I was only able to order the GE edition at the time, but would like to get an AE copy if any become available, and would love to match the numbers if at all possible.

It will be after the book, but not as long after as the Carrie portfolio took. There will definitely be time to find a copy and match numbers, though.

Brian

Theli
12-02-2015, 10:58 AM

It will be after the book, but not as long after as the Carrie portfolio took. There will definitely be time to find a copy and match numbers, though.

Brian

Thanks Brian!

frik
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I finally caved in and ordered the Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers slipcases. the cases were not the problem, but shipping was: $40.00 for a very light package. Practically the price of the cases. :frown:

sk

Brian James Freeman
12-03-2015, 09:29 AM
I finally caved in and ordered the Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers slipcases. the cases were not the problem, but shipping was: $40.00 for a very light package. Practically the price of the cases. :frown:

sk

Tell me about it, especially since we're the ones who always get blamed for the USPS price gouging! :)

Here are our options for that package to your country:

Priority Mail Express International -- $65.60
Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes -- $90.95
Priority Mail International -- $49.55
Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box -- $66.25
First-Class Package International Service -- $41.35

Crazy, right?

In addition, it takes MORE time to prepare and process the paperwork for shipments outside the US, which means that it's taking more time and costing us more in labor to ship these international packages, but we don't add any of that into the shipping cost because the postage is already outrageous!

It's even crazier when our international friends tell us how little it costs THEM to ship to US. I have no explanation for why the USPS charges what they do...

best,
Brian

Theli
12-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Even just to Canada the prices can be quite high. Normally cheaper to ship from the UK than from the US, which is nuts.

webstar1000
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
For ANYONE shipping to Canada... or from Canada to the US. If your in Canada use Purolator... if your in the US use UPS. The price is a fraction AND they get it to you WAYYYYYYYYYY faster. I know that is tough for Brian but when it comes to member to member... this is tried tested and true for me.

Br!an
12-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Even just to Canada the prices can be quite high. Normally cheaper to ship from the UK than from the US, which is nuts.

I think Royal Mail is cheaper within the Commonwealth.

Brian James Freeman
12-03-2015, 11:38 AM
For ANYONE shipping to Canada... or from Canada to the US. If your in Canada use Purolator... if your in the US use UPS. The price is a fraction AND they get it to you WAYYYYYYYYYY faster. I know that is tough for Brian but when it comes to member to member... this is tried tested and true for me.

The trouble we've had with shipping UPS to outside the USA is that, the times we've tried it, we have received a lot of complaints that UPS was charging extra fees to the CUSTOMER before the package could be delivered, handling fees toward "processing" the taxes and the such in addition to whatever taxes were owed. Maybe that's changed, though??

Brian

webstar1000
12-03-2015, 11:43 AM

The trouble we've had with shipping UPS to outside the USA is that, the times we've tried it, we have received a lot of complaints that UPS was charging extra fees to the CUSTOMER before the package could be delivered, handling fees toward "processing" the taxes and the such in addition to whatever taxes were owed. Maybe that's changed, though??

Brian

They charge the tax on the product depending on what province your in... so does Canada Post that USPS goes through though...

WeDealInLead
12-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Brian

UPS charge a "handling" fee, regardless of customs. You could get lucky I suppose but that hasn't been the case with me. I'd say 9 out of 10 they'll open a package even though the customs slip says "LP record" and it's valued at $20. With UPS you pay their handling fee (basically, they open your package to inspect if the seller lowered the price on the invoice, and then charge the buyer for it) and the import charge.

With USPS there's only the import charge and I noticed that Canada Post will pay for an upgrade once the package gets across the border. It's the strangest thing. The seller could use first class and once the package is in Canada, the post office slap tracking on it and upgrade it to Express.

I'm glad you offer an option for non-UPS shipping.

webstar1000
12-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Brian

UPS charge a "handling" fee, regardless of customs. You could get lucky I suppose but that hasn't been the case with me. I'd say 9 out of 10 they'll open a package even though the customs slip says "LP record" and it's valued at $20. With UPS you pay their handling fee (basically, they open your package to inspect it, and then charge you for it) and the import charge.

With USPS there's only the import charge and I noticed that Canada Post will pay for an upgrade once the package gets across the border. It's the strangest thing. The seller could use first class and once the package is in Canada, the post office slap tracking on it and upgrade it to Express.

I'm glad you offer an option for non-UPS shipping.

This has NEVER happened once to me... .not once. And I have had so many I cannot even count come in by them...

WeDealInLead
12-03-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm glad it's never happened to you. It has to others.

webstar1000
12-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm glad it's never happened to you. It has to others.

I was shocked to hear that actually... Wonder if it has something to do with our province's rules maybe?

WeDealInLead
12-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Could be. I'm actually looking at a few links right now with customers being slapped with handling fees.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/way-avoid-outrageous-ups-fedex-brokerage-fees-1175703/
http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/UPS-quot-hidden-quot-brokerage-charges-rip-off/qaq-p/111957
http://www.morroccomethod.com/blog/ups-brokerage-fees-the-truth/

DanHocker
12-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Yea we don't really do UPS or FedEx international because of complaints we've heard as well as logistical / software integration problems (mostly the latter).

Theli
12-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah I have not had good experiences with UPS in the past. Not every time, but I have had some issues with them.

Merlin1958
12-03-2015, 08:58 PM

sk

Tell me about it, especially since we're the ones who always get blamed for the USPS price gouging! :)

Here are our options for that package to your country:

Priority Mail Express International -- $65.60
Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes -- $90.95
Priority Mail International -- $49.55
Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box -- $66.25
First-Class Package International Service -- $41.35

Crazy, right?

In addition, it takes MORE time to prepare and process the paperwork for shipments outside the US, which means that it's taking more time and costing us more in labor to ship these international packages, but we don't add any of that into the shipping cost because the postage is already outrageous!

It's even crazier when our international friends tell us how little it costs THEM to ship to US. I have no explanation for why the USPS charges what they do...

best,
Brian

They have to cover the additional costs for "Pyscho-Therapy" when Publisher's Clearing House day come around!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6ubXD9ZjY

Jimimck
12-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Brian, as one of your international customers I'd just like to say I know it is outside CDs control regarding what the shipping charge is and do recognize you pass on what USPS charges. When I've commented about the hindrance that is shipping costs, it hasn't been intended as a complaint against CD but rather a commentary on what stops me ordering more from you guys.

Not that I like this option but often I buy on the secondary market purely because the shipping is cheaper from a fellow collector.

It is what it is I guess. I know it's frustrating for you guys too as this issue pops up from time to time and I can guess you get tired of explaining the situation.

Bunyip
12-04-2015, 03:25 AM
N
Brian, as one of your international customers I'd just like to say I know it is outside CDs control regarding what the shipping charge is and do recognize you pass on what USPS charges. When I've commented about the hindrance that is shipping costs, it hasn't been intended as a complaint against CD but rather a commentary on what stops me ordering more from you guys.

Not that I like this option but often I buy on the secondary market purely because the shipping is cheaper from a fellow collector.

It is what it is I guess. I know it's frustrating for you guys too as this issue pops up from time to time and I can guess you get tired of explaining the situation.

I totally agree. As an Aussie customer for the last 6-7 years, it often just comes down to postage costs, and it puts quite a few purchases just out reach. Then throw in a heartbreaking exchange rate, and it's really knocked my collecting on its bum. I love the service,the people, and obviously the product. It just gets super tough some times. Again, it is what it is, and a genuine first world problem I guess. Just to confirm, the people,service and product are all outstanding.

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2015, 07:35 AM

Oh yeah, we definitely know. I feel like I need to point it out for anyone new because people are genuinely (and rightly) shocked when they see some of the postage charges we're dealing with.

What I'd like to do is find a good bookstore or small press publisher in Canada and another in Australia to carry our products the way Pete does in the UK, so that our collectors would have a trustworthy (and more 'local') place to order from with far lower shipping costs. But it's proven harder than I expected to make this happen. Still trying, though!

Brian

webstar1000
12-04-2015, 07:36 AM

Oh yeah, we definitely know. I feel like I need to point it out for anyone new because people are genuinely (and rightly) shocked when they see some of the postage charges we're dealing with.

What I'd like to do is find a good bookstore or small press publisher in Canada and another in Australia to carry our products the way Pete does in the UK, so that our collectors would have a trustworthy (and more 'local') place to order from with far lower shipping costs. But it's proven harder than I expected to make this happen. Still trying, though!

Brian

What a STELLAR idea Bri.... fingers crossed this happens someday from this Canadian!!!!

Bunyip
12-04-2015, 08:01 AM
That's a magic idea Brian..

Jimimck
12-04-2015, 10:55 AM
I've always dreamed of opening a rare and collectible book store when I win lotto and don't have to worry about finances. When I do, I'll let you know. Oh and I'll pre pay in advance for every lettered book you publish! Lol

mkberger
12-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Brian

What a STELLAR idea Bri.... fingers crossed this happens someday from this Canadian!!!!

Does it have to be a bookstore? Couldn't an individual in Canada establish themselves as your distributor there?

webstar1000
12-04-2015, 12:22 PM

Brian

Does it have to be a bookstore? Couldn't an individual in Canada establish themselves as your distributor there?

It would have to have an tax number... thus a business. I am almost 100% sure... for Canada anyways...

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Ultimately, it would just need to be someone willing to process and ship orders "like" a bookstore. We can't change our computer system to, say, bulk ship ALL Canadian orders to a distributor who then reships them on our behalf, but we would HAPPILY point our Canadian customers toward a reliable source for ordering our books that would give them a better deal on shipping.

So it would just need to be someone wiling to set-up at least a basic online store for Canadians who wanted to order CD books -- and any other small presses the person wanted to establish business relations with. (I bet there are Sub Press and even PS Publishing customers in Canada who would love to save on shipping!)

In terms of his or her efforts to sell CD products, this person would receive the standard retailer discount and we WOULD point our Canadian customers his or her way a couple of times per year, just like how we point our UK customers toward Pete.

I think, for someone in Canada who has some free time, some knowledge of running a website, and the ability to properly pack and ship books, there is a really nice second business/side business/paying hobby here.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2015, 12:28 PM
It would have to have an tax number... thus a business. I am almost 100% sure... for Canada anyways...

And yes, they would definitely need to do whatever their government requires in terms of legally running a business!

Brian

Lurker
12-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry - Did I miss something with the US Shipping? I am trying to order something and all I get are choices for 29.04, 30.29 and 25.61.
I am perfectly happy with cheapo media mail. Is that no longer an option?

mkberger
12-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Ultimately, it would just need to be someone willing to process and ship orders "like" a bookstore. We can't change our computer system to, say, bulk ship ALL Canadian orders to a distributor who then reships them on our behalf, but we would HAPPILY point our Canadian customers toward a reliable source for ordering our books that would give them a better deal on shipping.

So it would just need to be someone wiling to set-up at least a basic online store for Canadians who wanted to order CD books -- and any other small presses the person wanted to establish business relations with. (I bet there are Sub Press and even PS Publishing customers in Canada who would love to save on shipping!)

In terms of his or her efforts to sell CD products, this person would receive the standard retailer discount and we WOULD point our Canadian customers his or her way a couple of times per year, just like how we point our UK customers toward Pete.

I think, for someone in Canada who has some free time, some knowledge of running a website, and the ability to properly pack and ship books, there is a really nice second business/side business/paying hobby here.

Brian

Almost makes me wish that I lived in Canada!

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry - Did I miss something with the US Shipping? I am trying to order something and all I get are choices for 29.04, 30.29 and 25.61.

PM or email me what you're ordering and your ZIP code and I'll look into it for you ASAP!

Lurker
12-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Problem solved. Brian comes through again!

Br!an
12-04-2015, 04:51 PM

I see Brian is on top of it as usual.

FYI

If it's a book or print media then they can ship it media mail.

If it only a slipcase, for example, then media mail isn't available.

If it's a book and slipcase then they can ship one in the other and use media mail.

Lurker
12-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks. I was trying to order a book and a dust jacket - the dust jacket is what made the media mail option disappear. It got figured out and now I will have a new DJ for the Best of CD I recently picked up. Not that the one on it is terrible - but it's great CD carries the old one just to spiff it up.

Merlin1958
12-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Doesn't a DJ count as printed material for media mail?

herbertwest
12-05-2015, 01:57 AM
I bet that Bob was delighted for this news regarding the SALEM'S LOT portfolio by CD :

We've made special arrangements with David Palumbo and Glenn Chadbourne to collect ALL of their artwork from our special edition of 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King in one beautiful Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio!

To make this set even more exclusive and unique, Glenn Chadbourne will be creating TEN MORE BRAND NEW pieces just for this set AND we're working with David Palumbo to select never-before-published 'Salem's Lot sketches and alternative paintings from his archive!

This portfolio will be SIGNED by both artists and will be limited to a one-time printing of just 750 numbered sets. These special artwork portfolios will never be reprinted or reissued. Once they're gone, they're gone.

** Read more or place your order while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_SALEM

frik
12-05-2015, 08:26 AM

sk

My art portfolio arrived a couple of minutes ago: love it! So very glad it matched my Artist Edition , # 68.
I was a bit worried about it maybe not arriving in mint condition, but it did!

Thank you, Brian....and Mindy....and Dan....am I forgetting anyone??

sk

Bunyip
12-05-2015, 01:32 PM

sk

My art portfolio arrived a couple of minutes ago: love it! So very glad it matched my Artist Edition (#68).

sk

Ha! I'm #7! It's my old rugby jersey number, so I get whatever I can in #7. I too bought/pre paid for the whole set of AE Doubleday series. I'm glad I did, as the exchange has dropped dramatically, and now all I have to do is wait.

DanHocker
12-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Doesn't a DJ count as printed material for media mail?

Nope. Art doesn't count for media mail either. Media mail is basically just books, movies, and cd's.

Priest
12-07-2015, 07:08 AM

sk

My art portfolio arrived a couple of minutes ago: love it! So very glad it matched my Artist Edition (#68).

sk

Ha! I'm #7! It's my old rugby jersey number, so I get whatever I can in #7. I too bought/pre paid for the whole set of AE Doubleday series. I'm glad I did, as the exchange has dropped dramatically, and now all I have to do is wait.

Same Here ;) I am very happy I took the deal for all books - my portfolio arrived today, need to unpack later , no time :(

Cwalker
12-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Postedin the CD forums...

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2560-Small-World-by-Tabitha-King

Also, got my FK slipcase today. Looks great wrapped around a signed copy! :)

bdwyer19
12-09-2015, 10:23 AM

I don't know anything about her books. Has anyone here read her?

Cwalker
12-09-2015, 10:30 AM

I read The Trap when it came out and remember being impressed. My wife has read others and loved them. A new aquaintance of ours attends Tabitha's book club, and speaks highly of all of them. Of course as with all things opinions vary. It just seemed like to good of a deal to pass up.

Bev Vincent
12-09-2015, 10:37 AM

This is her first and only supernatural novel (save for Candles Burning, which is a collaborative Southern Gothic). Her subsequent books were mostly "Nodd's Ridge" novels, slice of life stories set in a fictional Maine town with ongoing characters. These are very good indeed. My favorite is One on One.

Ben Mears
12-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I have enjoyed all of Tabitha King's books especially the Nodd's Ridge series (Book Of Reuben, Pearl and One On One).

jhanic
12-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Small Wonder was Tabby's first novel and I read it when it first came out in paperback. It's my favorite of her books (I'm not really into the Nodd's Ridge series) and I've ordered this one from CD.

John

carlosdetweiller
12-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I tried to read Small World once. Couldn't do it. Haven't picked up anything of hers since. Probably won't.

dnemec
12-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to thank Brian for the Duma Key slipcase notice. I ordered myself one and got rid of the horrible Overlook slipcase on my book. Thanks for the heads-up, Brian! My book is much happier now!

Roseannebarr
12-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to thank Brian for the Duma Key slipcase notice. I ordered myself one and got rid of the horrible Overlook slipcase on my book. Thanks for the heads-up, Brian! My book is much happier now!

The cd case also fit Nightmares and something else. i plan on ordering 2 more

richardsrarebooks
12-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Anybody ordering the Lettered edition of "Small World"? Collector Club members get $50.00 off.

Randall Flagg
12-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Anybody ordering the Lettered edition of "Small World"? Collector Club members get $50.00 off.
I love CD books, but having just ordered The Shining gift and S/L, I am passing at this time.
Hopefully I won't regret the decision as it looks to be a beautiful production.

<---------------Will have non-buyers remorse and end up paying more later.

Brian James Freeman
12-09-2015, 05:45 PM

For anyone on the fence, there are less than 5 copies of the Lettered Edition left, and I'm thinking I'll take it off the site here in a bit, so we don't oversell overnight. This is the new style of Lettered Edition with the raised hubs on the spine and the gilded page edges dipped by hand, and it will ship within a few weeks of the Limited Edition. I think a set of Tabitha's books in this style will look very nice on the shelf when all is said and done!

Brian

Johnny Alien
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM
I have never read any of her books and I figured this was a good way to jump in and check them out.

allasorte
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM

The cd case also fit Nightmares and something else. i plan on ordering 2 more

Never thought of this. I decided to keep my overlook slipcase as I did order 1 Duma Key. The Duma Key fits Needful Things. Now.....do I keep the overlook slipcase or get more Duma Keys for Duma Key.........

Brian James Freeman
12-09-2015, 05:54 PM

For anyone on the fence, there are less than 5 copies of the Lettered Edition left, and I'm thinking I'll take it off the site here in a bit, so we don't oversell overnight. This is the new style of Lettered Edition with the raised hubs on the spine and the gilded page edges dipped by hand, and it will ship within a few weeks of the Limited Edition. I think a set of Tabitha's books in this style will look very nice on the shelf when all is said and done!

Brian

Oops, I was wrong, those last copies sold in the time it took me to write that post, and I've now removed the edition from the store!

Brian

richardsrarebooks
12-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Glad I took the plunge. Another reason CDCC is great!

sentinel
12-09-2015, 06:20 PM

Brian, I can't find the Duma Key slipcase to order. I would love one to replace my ugly Overlook one! Thanks!

AstroDad
12-09-2015, 07:39 PM
I have 10 things on order with CD. If I could get a shipping notice on any of them this week that would be swell lol