PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

KingKorn
08-31-2015, 06:17 AM
I need some more slipcases and the only reason I haven't ordered any is because of money. I love these slipcases CD are providing for us.

Well, if you or others need a break on some $$ to spend with CD, I'm having to part ways with couple gift certificates. More info here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6468-Collectible-Classifieds-Primarily-for-Stephen-King-Items&p=944677&viewfull=1#post944677)in the Classifieds thread if interested.

allasorte
09-08-2015, 08:05 AM
I received an email from CD about the PS books for Skeleton Crew and Salem's Lot. I'm matching the number with all the books. I know I paid for Skeleton Crew awhile back through CD. Anyone know if Salem's Lot will be numbered too? Thanks

webstar1000
09-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Anyone know when Salems will be shipping?

DanHocker
09-08-2015, 08:08 AM
I received an email from CD about the PS books for Skeleton Crew and Salem's Lot. I'm matching the number with all the books. I know I paid for Skeleton Crew awhile back through CD. Anyone know if Salem's Lot will be numbered too? Thanks

Too my knowledge they are all numbered.

amd013
09-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Good question. They said they would give updates about once every 5 weeks IIRC, but last update was about July 22, which was almost 7 weeks ago.

MLG
09-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Good question. They said they would give updates about once every 5 weeks IIRC, but last update was about July 22, which was almost 7 weeks ago.

update posted to CD's website August 18th: "The signature sheets are back and we're giving the book one last proofread to catch any other errors from previous editions that were in the file we were provided by the New York publisher. This one will be started at the printer within four weeks."

allasorte
09-08-2015, 10:05 AM

Too my knowledge they are all numbered.
That would be my initial guess, just wanted to ask if anyone had definitive proof. Thanks for the reply!

Kingfan24
09-08-2015, 10:36 AM

update posted to CD's website August 18th: "The signature sheets are back and we're giving the book one last proofread to catch any other errors from previous editions that were in the file we were provided by the New York publisher. This one will be started at the printer within four weeks."

Was the original publication date July? Or June?

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Was the original publication date July? Or June?

2015 is as specific as I've been, but we were hoping for summer. Fall became more realistic when we had to copyedit the entire book line by line to fix mistakes from previous versions.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2015, 11:07 AM

August 18 seems like just a few weeks ago to me, but time certainly does fly when you're having fun!

Brian

frik
09-08-2015, 11:13 AM
And what about the Carrie artist portfolio, Brian??
Anytime soon??

sk

DanHocker
09-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Anytime soon??

sk

I can't seem to find it, but Brian had posted a small update somewhere. The only holdup on the art portfolio right now is finalizing the housing for the artwork.

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Anytime soon??

sk

I can't seem to find it, but Brian had posted a small update somewhere. The only holdup on the art portfolio right now is finalizing the housing for the artwork.

Where did I post about that? Certainly not the Production Updates page because that info is way out of date! (Off to fix it now.)

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Anytime soon??

sk

Brian's update is here: :smile:

I'm not sure if we've posted or sent one in a while, but here's where it stands and a formal update WILL go out early next month!

The signature sheets are signed and the actual prints are being printed by a local printing company. We're playing around with folder designs because we decided to print the art on a heavier stock than we originally planned and the folder, as originally designed, didn't quite protect the art the way we want. We have three more sample folders on the way and we're 95% sure about one of them. If one of these works, I should be able to get a pretty firm production schedule from the maker and then we'll have our pub date.

Thanks to everyone for their patience on this project. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but we're HOPING it is building a nice foundation for a beautiful set of portfolios if everything works out okay!

Brian

DanHocker
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Anytime soon??

sk

Where did I post about that? Certainly not the Production Updates page because that info is way out of date! (Off to fix it now.)

Brian

It was on one of these message boards somewhere. I can't find it for the life of me though.

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Anytime soon??

sk

Brian's update is here: :smile:

I'm not sure if we've posted or sent one in a while, but here's where it stands and a formal update WILL go out early next month!

The signature sheets are signed and the actual prints are being printed by a local printing company. We're playing around with folder designs because we decided to print the art on a heavier stock than we originally planned and the folder, as originally designed, didn't quite protect the art the way we want. We have three more sample folders on the way and we're 95% sure about one of them. If one of these works, I should be able to get a pretty firm production schedule from the maker and then we'll have our pub date.

Thanks to everyone for their patience on this project. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but we're HOPING it is building a nice foundation for a beautiful set of portfolios if everything works out okay!

Brian

Thank you! :)

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2015, 11:31 AM
The next 'Salem's Lot and Carrie Art Portfolio updates will be going out this week via email to those who have ordered from us, but they'll also be on the Production Updates page this week for everyone else!

Best,
Brian

CyberGhostface
09-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot but I figured since Chadbourne is a CD regular...

https://www.facebook.com/events/985235271526859/

He will be at a Halloween signing in Massachusetts. I'll bring my copy of 'The Dark Man' for him to sign if I can. :)

Jimimck
09-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Brian, how are things going with Lonely Road Books? Any updates on The Fall and if you have any idea if/when LRB will be doing Legion to go along with the fantastic edition of Exorcist?

Thanks

uturn83
09-14-2015, 05:04 PM
And the Blatty Screenplay collection! (temporarily forgot about this one!)

AstroDad
09-14-2015, 05:40 PM
And while we are at it, gimme Robin Furth's address so I can "entice" her to finish the signature sheets!

Brian James Freeman
09-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Brian, how are things going with Lonely Road Books? Any updates on The Fall and if you have any idea if/when LRB will be doing Legion to go along with the fantastic edition of Exorcist?

Thanks

For THE FALL, everything is ready for the printer... just waiting on Guillermo del Toro to find some time to sign the signature sheets I sent him a few years ago. I've talked to his agent, his assistant, and his business manager over the years. Everyone says he loved what LRB did with THE STRAIN, so it really just seems to be a time management issue. Fingers crossed he finishes soon...

THE NIGHT ETERNAL is also completely ready for the printer, except for the signature sheets.

I actually have a new Limited Edition of LEGION with artwork and design to match THE EXORCIST all ready to go, with the exception of the signature sheets. When Bill has time to sign, we'll get them signed, and then I'll send the book to the printer and announce it sometime between then and publication, with THE EXORCIST customers getting first shot at their numbers/letters.

The Blatty Screenplay project is ready for the printer and Bill will be signing the sheets soon. It's a really fun set, I hope people like reading these as much as I did.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-14-2015, 05:57 PM
And while we are at it, gimme Robin Furth's address so I can "entice" her to finish the signature sheets!

Very good news on THE DARK TOWER CONCORDANCE front to be posted in mid-October, stay tuned!

AstroDad
09-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Very good news on THE DARK TOWER CONCORDANCE front to be posted in mid-October, stay tuned!

https://breisebreiseleighgoleire1969.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/stephen-king-001.jpg

Jimimck
09-14-2015, 10:29 PM

Thanks

For THE FALL, everything is ready for the printer... just waiting on Guillermo del Toro to find some time to sign the signature sheets I sent him a few years ago. I've talked to his agent, his assistant, and his business manager over the years. Everyone says he loved what LRB did with THE STRAIN, so it really just seems to be a time management issue. Fingers crossed he finishes soon...

THE NIGHT ETERNAL is also completely ready for the printer, except for the signature sheets.

I actually have a new Limited Edition of LEGION with artwork and design to match THE EXORCIST all ready to go, with the exception of the signature sheets. When Bill has time to sign, we'll get them signed, and then I'll send the book to the printer and announce it sometime between then and publication, with THE EXORCIST customers getting first shot at their numbers/letters.

The Blatty Screenplay project is ready for the printer and Bill will be signing the sheets soon. It's a really fun set, I hope people like reading these as much as I did.

Brian

Thanks again for the updates Brian. Great to hear the Exorcist customers will be given a chance to buy their matching number of Legion.

frik
09-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Can't really say, but I will anyways, but the fact that Guillermo de Toro has had the signature sheets for literally years, and still hasn't got around to signing them, (time management issue?? uh-uh) - well, don't know the real reason, but there must be more to this. How long does it take to sit down and write a few hundred or so autographs?
Wouldn't surprise me if the sheets have gotten lost...:(

sk

Brian James Freeman
09-15-2015, 04:58 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the sheets have gotten lost...:(

If they were lost, it would be great for his people to just tell me since everyone else involved would be happy to sign again, you know? I actually did offer this solution at one point when he was not going to be back where the sheets are supposed to be for a few months. Last I heard, they were locked in his "man cave" which I'm sure is a huge place, ha! But I was told that wouldn't be necessary.

Brian

Dan
09-15-2015, 08:07 AM

Thanks

Brian

There was no preorder for The Night Eternal was there? I have The Strain and ordered The Fall. I hope i didn't miss it. My future grandkids would be disappointed if it didn't show up when those sig sheets finally get signed.

DanHocker
09-15-2015, 08:12 AM

Thanks

Brian

There was no preorder for The Night Eternal was there? I have The Strain and ordered The Fall. I hope i didn't miss it. My future grandkids would be disappointed if it didn't show up when those sig sheets finally get signed.

Nope, no preorder yet.

mikeC
09-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Hi, can someone let me know how many illustrations by David Palumbo will be in the 'Salem's Lot re-issue?
Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
09-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Hi, can someone let me know how many illustrations by David Palumbo will be in the 'Salem's Lot re-issue?
Thanks!

You can see them on the product page under the ARTWORK tab for easy reference!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king10

Brian

mikeC
09-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks!

Brian

I've seen those. I thought there was going to be more. Thanks for the reply.

Dano
09-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks!

Brian

I've seen those. I thought there was going to be more. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Brian! Any word on the remarques that David Palumbo will add to the books buyers who chose to purchase that option? Thank you in advance!

Dan

Brian James Freeman
09-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi Brian! Any word on the remarques that David Palumbo will add to the books buyers who chose to purchase that option? Thank you in advance!

Already finished on their dedicated pages, which the printer will hand-tip into the books during the printing process. I didn't think to take any preview pics, but I'll see if the printer might be able to do that for me!

Brian

Kingfan24
09-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Will palumbo offer remarques for the artist portfolios? I really hope so. I have a great display idea bouncing around in my head.

Brian James Freeman
09-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Will palumbo offer remarques for the artist portfolios? I really hope so. I have a great display idea bouncing around in my head.

Not sure yet! We have to see what terms his agent will ask for first, but we're not there yet. :)

Brian

KingKorn
09-17-2015, 07:01 AM
How does one order a remarque when purchasing from CD?

I've seen this mentioned quite a few times ("100 remarqued copies were available", or "paid an extra $150 for a remarque", etc.), but have never seen remarques as an option when making a purchase through the website. And I've made a lot of buys from CD.

I know it's too late for Salem's or others in production now, but this would be great info for my future orders. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
09-17-2015, 07:11 AM
How does one order a remarque when purchasing from CD?

I've seen this mentioned quite a few times ("100 remarqued copies were available", or "paid an extra $150 for a remarque", etc.), but have never seen remarques as an option when making a purchase through the website. And I've made a lot of buys from CD.

I know it's too late for Salem's or others in production now, but this would be great info for my future orders. Thanks!

When an artist approaches us about offering this, we send an email to those who have preordered the book in question and those who are interested can email Mindy back to modify their original order. We haven't offered the remarques at the time of purchase, so it's not something you'll see when placing your order. Hope that helps!

Brian

KingKorn
09-17-2015, 11:31 AM
When an artist approaches us about offering this, we send an email to those who have preordered the book in question and those who are interested can email Mindy back to modify their original order. We haven't offered the remarques at the time of purchase, so it's not something you'll see when placing your order. Hope that helps!

Brian

Thanks, Brian. That does help. A couple follow ups: should I send a note to Mindy to indicate that I'd be interested in the opportunity to purchase remarques in the future? I've never been offered a chance to buy on a preorder. Is there a list of customers to which remarques are offered if they've preordered a given book? Like an email distribution group for remarque sales? I'd like to get on that list if so. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
09-17-2015, 11:42 AM

Brian

Thanks, Brian. That does help. A couple follow ups: should I send a note to Mindy to indicate that I'd be interested in the opportunity to purchase remarques in the future? I've never been offered a chance to buy on a preorder. Is there a list of customers to which remarques are offered if they've preordered a given book? Like an email distribution group for remarque sales? I'd like to get on that list if so. Thanks!

It's usually to anyone who has preordered by the time we get everything together with the artist -- how many the artist thinks they can do, etc. Sometimes it's within a few weeks of the book announcement, but often it isn't for a month or two. But if you're not receiving ANY updates on 'SALEM'S LOT, drop me a line because I've been trying to send them out every 4 to 6 weeks!

Brian

Randall Flagg
09-17-2015, 12:51 PM

It's pretty simple:

Order book from Cemetery Dance when it is first offered.
When email comes offering remarque, respond (click link) and pay.

Wash rinse repeat for each title.

Br!an
09-17-2015, 02:18 PM

It's pretty simple:

If I am understanding the situation, he is pre-ordering but not receiving emails offering the remarques.

Randall Flagg
09-17-2015, 02:25 PM

It's pretty simple:

If I am understanding the situation, he is pre-ordering but not receiving emails offering the remarques.

I believe he is asking about remarques after the fact (I didn't see where he indicated he had ordered upon initial announcement, yet never was made aware of the opportunity to add a remarque).
KingKorn said he has "made a lot of buys" from CD. A lot of buys doesn't mean he purchased each item when announced.

I can't speak for CD, but I would suggest that KK should contact CD, and if he originally purchased a book that later had a remarque opportunity, CD will figure out why he was missed and correct it for the future.

Br!an
09-17-2015, 04:32 PM
:thumbsup:

I'm sure Brian will sort it out.

TCCBodhi
09-17-2015, 06:07 PM
At any rate, I got excited today about the prospects of the remarques for The Shining and that I see that email before the spots fill. I'm so pleased that CD continues to make these excellent reprint editions that even without the SK signature are prized books, at least in MY collection!

KingKorn
09-17-2015, 07:58 PM

Br!an is correct. I have pre-ordered many, many books from CD (directly after announcement) and have never been offered an opportunity to buy a remarque. I'll contact Brian (at CD) as he offers in post #11538 above. I'm sure he'll be able to help sort it out.

Dano
09-18-2015, 04:04 AM

Already finished on their dedicated pages, which the printer will hand-tip into the books during the printing process. I didn't think to take any preview pics, but I'll see if the printer might be able to do that for me!

Brian

Great news! Thank you for the timely response!

Dan

Merlin1958
09-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't consider this "Whoring" for the HF when I say, what a very generous and supportive effort, Brian and all the folks at CD have provided for the early onset of the 2016 Fundraiser with the 2 ARC's for "'Salem's Lot" along with the email marketing support!! You guys are just amazing and deserve a hearty pat on the back!!! Way to go, CD!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Edit: Considering the number total we established in 2015, we're going to need all the help we can get to top that figure again this year!!! The support and generosity of EVERYONE here is amazing and greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You, Cemetery Dance!!!!

Pieter
09-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi, I ordered Salem's Lot a month ago and I'm very curious about the book. When will it be finished and shipped to the ones who ordered a copy?

AstroDad
09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Here is the link the the Cemetery Dance production page. latest update on Salem's Lot is about half way down.

CD Production Updates (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION)

Last update was that it would be sent to the printer last week sometime and they should have a publication date soon.

Pieter
09-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Didnt know there is a CD Production Update page. Thank you for the info.

Niels
09-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Welcome Piet, enjoy your stay! (now that you're able to log in)

Pieter
09-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks for your help Niels!

Jimimck
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Still waiting for my Random Lettered. I hate slow expensive international shipping :angry:

AstroDad
09-21-2015, 12:03 PM

No worries. It isn't the easiest to find unless you know where to look. If you go to the 'books' tab at the bottom is production updates.

Brian James Freeman
09-21-2015, 02:11 PM

I'll post a note here, too, when I get the next round of interesting news. If you ordered from the Cemetery Dance website, we'll also be sending another production email around the first week of October. Thank you!

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Still waiting for my Random Lettered. I hate slow expensive international shipping :angry:

Did we send it by carrier pigeon again?

Best,
Brian

Jimimck
09-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Ha! I know it's not CDs fault but it's weird the US doesn't have better international shipping options.

It's all part of being an international collector. Lucky the wait will be worth it :-)

jsmcmullen92
09-22-2015, 05:52 AM
How many people actually do the different clubs that Cemetery Dance offers?
Book Club
Collectors Club
I am sure that there are more that I do not know about yet...

MLG
09-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Book Club
Collectors Club

I do both clubs and the occasional grab bag.

jsweet
09-22-2015, 06:28 AM
Book Club
Collectors Club
I do the Collector's Club every year and have found it to be well worth it. I sometimes do the Book Clubs - those I find to be of less interest to me as I'm not a fan of every author CD sells. Same reason I've basically stopped doing the grab bags.

amd013
09-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Book Club
Collectors Club
I do the Collector's Club every year and have found it to be well worth it. I sometimes do the Book Clubs - those I find to be of less interest to me as I'm not a fan of every author CD sells. Same reason I've basically stopped doing the grab bags.

Is the Collector's Club worth it, if you are only interested in Stephen King products? What offers where SK related in 2015?

Brian James Freeman
09-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Is the Collector's Club worth it, if you are only interested in Stephen King products? What offers where SK related in 2015?

That is a very tough question to answer because what will be offered from year to year is totally dependent on what we're publishing and what we receive from other publishers.

If I knew, for example, that we were definitely going to have a new SK signed Limited Edition in the next 12 months, I would absolutely encourage you to sign-up, simply because the CDCC gets first crack at our new announcements.

But if you're only an SK collector, I would say we can't guarantee you'll feel like you've gotten your money's worth because I don't know what oddities might come our way. And what does come our way might not be of interest to you! For example, back in July, a bookseller offered us a handful of Rock Bottom Remainders posters from the '90s that had been signed by many of the band members including King. We sold them for him, offering them to the CDCC. So if something like that had been of interest to you, that would have been a great find! But if a signed poster wasn't your cup of tea, it wouldn't have made the membership worth it for you. And, of course, who knows if anything cool and interesting SK related might turn up in the next 12 months.

We usually send 100 to 125 specials or early announcements each year to the CDCC, but if you look at our catalog beyond SK and don't see anything of interest, I would guess that the membership wouldn't do you a lot of good most years.

I know this answer doesn't help a lot, but it's a hard question to answer and the last thing I want is for someone to join and then be disappointed!

Brian

amd013
09-22-2015, 09:16 AM

That is a very tough question to answer because what will be offered from year to year is totally dependent on what we're publishing and what we receive from other publishers.

If I knew, for example, that we were definitely going to have a new SK signed Limited Edition in the next 12 months, I would absolutely encourage you to sign-up, simply because the CDCC gets first crack at our new announcements.

But if you're only an SK collector, I would say we can't guarantee you'll feel like you've gotten your money's worth because I don't know what oddities might come our way. And what does come our way might not be of interest to you! For example, back in July, a bookseller offered us a handful of Rock Bottom Remainders posters from the '90s that had been signed by many of the band members including King. We sold them for him, offering them to the CDCC. So if something like that had been of interest to you, that would have been a great find! But if a signed poster wasn't your cup of tea, it wouldn't have made the membership worth it for you. And, of course, who knows if anything cool and interesting SK related might turn up in the next 12 months.

We usually send 100 to 125 specials or early announcements each year to the CDCC, but if you look at our catalog beyond SK and don't see anything of interest, I would guess that the membership wouldn't do you a lot of good most years.

I know this answer doesn't help a lot, but it's a hard question to answer and the last thing I want is for someone to join and then be disappointed!

Brian

Thanks Brian, I think this answer was helpful. Its kind of what I thought.

Mike

Roseannebarr
09-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Book Club
Collectors Club

YES. For 1 simple reason that Brian did not mention. I am only interested in SK products. The poster was offered by another seller before CD. So that was not a deal breaker for me. But you will easily get your money's worth if you are buying SK Books (Double day series) or other products.

SK offers were rare in 15, but there is always 16!

Brian, AM I at liberty to disclose the other perk of being a member? I PMd the other offers you did not mention.

PS. As part of the CDCC Secret Club for over 3 years, i am hoping to get invited to the next SK lunch in Bangor. We should start an initiation, hazing, etc... for new members.

Brian James Freeman
09-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Brian, AM I at liberty to disclose the other perk of being a member? I PMd the other offers you did not mention.

Oh yeah, the big one I forgot to mention is that the CDCC members are the only collectors allowed to purchase Gift Certificates at 50% off, which can really add up to huge savings. Essentially, it means you get to place your future orders at 50% off until your certificate runs out of credit, so if you were a member who had taken advantage of this and then we offered the complete Doubleday Years set and you had enough on your cert, you could have bought the whole set at 50% off.

For example: there were CDCC members who ordered the IT Signed Limited Edition before the general public and also used their previously purchased Gift Certificates... that deal worked out pretty well for them, I think!

Brian

TCCBodhi
09-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Can we ask how many of the Doubledays are scheduled to preorder in 2016 during the scope of CDCC6? Sounds like a great deal for those who collect CDs great books in general.

jsweet
09-22-2015, 05:55 PM

Oh yeah, the big one I forgot to mention is that the CDCC members are the only collectors allowed to purchase Gift Certificates at 50% off, which can really add up to huge savings. Essentially, it means you get to place your future orders at 50% off until your certificate runs out of credit, so if you were a member who had taken advantage of this and then we offered the complete Doubleday Years set and you had enough on your cert, you could have bought the whole set at 50% off.

For example: there were CDCC members who ordered the IT Signed Limited Edition before the general public and also used their previously purchased Gift Certificates... that deal worked out pretty well for them, I think!

Brian

Yes, this is probably one of the biggest benefits as I've used them on several books (like the Doubleday set) that you couldn't use coupons on.

ruderabbit
09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
I purchase both clubs. Have done so for many years...going back to their old CD Coupon Books. I miss the club that gave you $40 coupon once a month:clap:

dnemec
09-22-2015, 08:25 PM
I didn't know if we could mention the 50% off the gift certificates. I actually bought 2 the last time they were offered, then used one to pay for next year's CDCC. There's nothing like spending a bunch of money on CD's website, then getting a total of $0. :cool:

stroppygoblin
09-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Damn I wish I had known about that 50% of Gift certificates BEFORE I just paid for the the remainder of the Doubleday Limiteds. I would have joined the club for sure. Now though, I cant see myself buying enough other King items to warrant it. :(

webstar1000
09-23-2015, 03:10 AM
Damn I wish I had known about that 50% of Gift certificates BEFORE I just paid for the the remainder of the Doubleday Limiteds. I would have joined the club for sure. Now though, I cant see myself buying enough other King items to warrant it. :(

Same here:( What a huge blow!! I prepaid like over $1700 Canadian to prebuy the set. Would have saved me a ton of cash:( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Life lesson learned eh? lol

Br!an
09-23-2015, 04:05 AM
I'm a member of the CDCC and the Book Club.

If I was only a King fan/collector I would probably not join the Book Club.

I would however continue with the CDCC for all of the reasons mentioned.

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2015, 04:46 AM
Can we ask how many of the Doubledays are scheduled to preorder in 2016 during the scope of CDCC6? Sounds like a great deal for those who collect CDs great books in general.

The Shining and Night Shift will both be officially announced and published next year for sure.

Brian

webstar1000
09-23-2015, 04:50 AM

The Shining and Night Shift will both be officially announced and published next year for sure.

Brian

The Stand in 2017 Bri? I am the MOST pumped for that one for sure:) I am so excited to see what you wonderful folks do with it!!!!!!!!! And come on... Ned is amazing!

jsmcmullen92
09-23-2015, 05:11 AM

Brian

The Stand in 2017 Bri? I am the MOST pumped for that one for sure:) I am so excited to see what you wonderful folks do with it!!!!!!!!! And come on... Ned is amazing!

And in one book not two! :evil: :biggrin:

webstar1000
09-23-2015, 05:12 AM

Brian

Can I ask why? I fear this will be impossible... member IT? That was pushing it.. plus the extra content. I wonder what they will do!

amd013
09-23-2015, 06:56 AM

Same here:( What a huge blow!! I prepaid like over $1700 Canadian to prebuy the set. Would have saved me a ton of cash:( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Life lesson learned eh? lol

$1700? Thats nothing, I bought all the Lettered's too. had to use two credit cards to make the purchase.

There was no mention of how much it cost, so I assumed it was much more then it really is. I had to add it to my cart to find out the price. Still thinking about it for this year. I am buying a house, so really should be saving my money. If I join the club then I might be tempted to spend more.

Given all the new information, I think its a good deal, but thinking I need to start showing some restraint. Will definitely do it for the next one.

stroppygoblin
09-23-2015, 07:01 AM
Price IS mentioned, but its buried in the text (3rd paragraph from bottom). I missed it first time as well :)

amd013
09-23-2015, 07:02 AM

Brian

Can I ask why? I fear this will be impossible... member IT? That was pushing it.. plus the extra content. I wonder what they will do!

You know I'm not a fan of PS splitting Salem's lot into 3 books, but I think it might make sense for The Stand. The Stand had 3 parts to it, so it seems like a natural division of text. If you divide in half, then it probably gets a little more awkward choosing a breaking point.

Having said that, the stand has been successfully made into a limited edition in the past, so maybe it is still possible to do in one book (I don't own it, so hard to say if it was pushing things).

webstar1000
09-23-2015, 07:10 AM

$1700? Thats nothing, I bought all the Lettered's too. had to use two credit cards to make the purchase.

There was no mention of how much it cost, so I assumed it was much more then it really is. I had to add it to my cart to find out the price. Still thinking about it for this year. I am buying a house, so really should be saving my money. If I join the club then I might be tempted to spend more.

Given all the new information, I think its a good deal, but thinking I need to start showing some restraint. Will definitely do it for the next one.

Glad $1700 is nothing to you big spender! lol IT IS to me I tell ya...

amd013
09-23-2015, 07:21 AM

Glad $1700 is nothing to you big spender! lol IT IS to me I tell ya...

LOL! Actually $1700 is not nothing to me! Just small compared to how much I spent! :doh: Fortunatly I "saved" $100 by buying a discounted gift certificate about a week before.

jsmcmullen92
09-23-2015, 08:03 AM

Brian

I guess I am weird I just like having the look and feel of one book. The fact that it is one continuous story and when I read a book I like being able to just keep going with out having to get up from my spot and pick up the next book to keep going. I know King split the book into 3 "stories" but it is still 1 continuous story line. Also the Stand is only ~20 pages longer than IT so I feel like you could squeeze it in there.

When I see the Grant DT Series I just hate how they split some of the books into two. To me it doesn't really make sense, you made the trade in one book and you made the artist edition in one book. Even if you went with thicker paper you could still put it in one book as CD did with IT.

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2015, 08:19 AM
One thing to mention with the 50% off Gift Certificates for members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club: they're usually only offered once per year, so it does require some planning if you want to stock up for future purchases. But yeah, some collectors have done really well with them!

Brian

Drake69
09-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Side note: Exactly how close is CD getting to releasing The Dark Tower Companion and DT: The Complete Concordance Revised? I want these SOOO BAD!!

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Side note: Exactly how close is CD getting to releasing The Dark Tower Companion and DT: The Complete Concordance Revised? I want these SOOO BAD!!

I haven't had a chance to update the website in a bit, but COMPANION is just about done at the printer and will ship in October and CONCORDANCE is headed to the printer now.

Brian

JasonUK
09-24-2015, 10:26 AM

Thanks

Brian

It seems Mr del Toro IS able to sign some books at quite short notice.

Crimson Peak Limited Edition (https://forbiddenplanet.com/149419-crimson-peak-novelisation-hardcover-signed-numbered-limited-edition/?utm_source=Master+Forbidden+Planet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=73f488abf7-20150924_forbidden-planet-books-news-tim-burton-gu&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6b45de61e-73f488abf7-962261&mc_cid=73f488abf7&mc_eid=e5a54b25d0#product-description)

zachip
09-25-2015, 03:04 AM
GTD seems to have twitter account now. so maybe you can nag him there also.

Brian James Freeman
09-25-2015, 06:14 AM
GTD seems to have twitter account now. so maybe you can nag him there also.

Perhaps I'll just tweet sad photos at him of the empty space on my bookshelf where the other two books are supposed to go!

I'm waiting to hear back from his manager and assistant yet again, this time pointing out the link that was kindly posted above that shows he has had time to sign SOMETHING.

I've offered (again) to reprint the sheets if they were lost... I'm really thinking maybe that's what happened. Last time they were seen, they were spotted in his "man cave" and that was the last report. I told them I've had to reprint lost sheets MANY times and to just let me know if that's the case.

Anyway, I don't usually discuss business in public, but the sheets were sent in July 2012 and I can't exactly not post in public about it...

Brian

Roseannebarr
09-25-2015, 07:22 AM
CD referenced me in their most recent email. But no picture of me. :( i tried to PM several of you to give you a heads up about the gift certificates. i wish i would have ordered more, spent $1000 in one day pre-ordering one set of the double day books. I only ordered the Owen King signed limited this year from ALL their offers, but the gift certificates are well worth it.

Dr. Sleep, Mr Mercedes slipcases fit alot of other King books, so i was able to order those with the gift certificate as well. I join each year with the hope of another signed limited!

Brian, here is my idea... I would like a free copy of it if you do it. I am hoping CD does a signed/limited set of Mercedes/Keepers/End of Watch. I think Mr. King is proud of those books! and it would be really neat.

I really like FINDERS KEEPERS. I would like a moleskin copy of Finders Keepers.

B

CD Message that came in my email

Hi Glennon,
There are only about 50 membership slots left for the new Cemetery Dance Collectors Club, and one of our collectors pointed out that we don’t advertise one VERY cool feature of the club:
Once a year, the CDCC is offered the opportunity to order Gift Certificates at 50% off the retail price!

webstar1000
09-25-2015, 07:29 AM
CD referenced me in their most recent email. But no picture of me. :( i tried to PM several of you to give you a heads up about the gift certificates. i wish i would have ordered more, spent $1000 in one day pre-ordering one set of the double day books. I only ordered the Owen King signed limited this year from ALL their offers, but the gift certificates are well worth it.

Dr. Sleep, Mr Mercedes slipcases fit alot of other King books, so i was able to order those with the gift certificate as well. I join each year with the hope of another signed limited!

Brian, here is my idea... I would like a free copy of it if you do it. I am hoping CD does a signed/limited set of Mercedes/Keepers/End of Watch. I think Mr. King is proud of those books! and it would be really neat.

B

Hi Glennon,
There are only about 50 membership slots left for the new Cemetery Dance Collectors Club, and one of our collectors pointed out that we don’t advertise one VERY cool feature of the club:
Once a year, the CDCC is offered the opportunity to order Gift Certificates at 50% off the retail price!

Glenn... I would LOVE to see that. GREAT idea.. a TOP CD production signed limited set of the Trilogy. Brian.. can you get on this my good man? King has not done a signed limited in awhile... maybe your team could do a mock up and present it to him? Keep the number low... under 750 or 500.. and of course get Wrightson, Whelan, Wells (the 3 w's) each to do a book? Oh man... I am just droooling imagining this!

Randall Flagg
09-25-2015, 08:30 AM

You stole my idea!

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/721/843053_001.jpg

jsmcmullen92
09-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Well shit now I am thinking I should join the CDCC just for this set...

webstar1000
09-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Well shit now I am thinking I should join the CDCC just for this set...

Me too eh. lol

frik
09-25-2015, 11:41 AM
I just joined - couldn't take the pressure any longer....:)

sk

Randall Flagg
09-25-2015, 12:17 PM
I bought the last 31 memberships. $3,689 not counting shipping.
Ouch.

jsmcmullen92
09-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Ouch.

Should have just got a life time membership...

Randall Flagg
09-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Ouch.

Years ago I had the chance for lifetime lettered, S/L etc. Could have, should have, would have.
Sigh.

stroppygoblin
09-26-2015, 12:52 AM
Ouch.

Years ago I had the chance for lifetime lettered, S/L etc. Could have, should have, would have.
Sigh.

I know of a very interesting Diner in Lisbon Falls that could help you with this.... :evil:

racerx45
09-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Ouch.

Sigh.

I know of a very interesting Diner in Lisbon Falls that could help you with this.... :evil:

Langolier
09-28-2015, 03:11 AM
Was contents of "The best of Shivers" announced? It's marked "To be revealed later this summer..." on the book's page.

And are there any plans about "This book is full of spiders..." S/L?

Br!an
09-28-2015, 04:02 AM
Was contents of "The best of Shivers" announced? It's marked "To be revealed later this summer..." on the book's page.

Isn't it autumn? :orely:

Brian James Freeman
09-28-2015, 04:42 AM

We issued the last contract for The Best of Shivers last week, so as soon as that is back, I'll post the TOC.

And yeah, SPIDERS sounds like a book we'd do, but nothing has been announced.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-28-2015, 08:23 AM
For those who ordered our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT directly through our online store, a new production update will be emailed out to you today.

I'm trying to include information in these updates that might be useful to newer collectors who might not be as familiar with the production process. Today, I discuss why the "dummy book" is important and why we wait for the REAL paper stock to arrive for the dummy book instead of simulating the stock thickness with other random paper, which is technically a faster option but not as precise.

Anyway, I'm posting this note here now because someone had mentioned that he or she wasn't receiving any of these emails from us. Again, if you ordered our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT directly from us, you SHOULD see an emailed update in the next few hours. The subject line will be: 'Salem's Lot Production Update!

Thank you!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-28-2015, 08:25 AM
And for those who ordered the CARRIE ARTWORK PORTFOLIO directly through our online store, a new production update will be emailed out to you today as well. Again, if you ordered our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT directly from us, you SHOULD see an emailed update in the next few hours. The subject line will be: Carrie Artwork Portfolio Update!

Thank you!

Brian

Dan
09-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Got my Dark Advent: The Lost Afterword from CD today. It's even signed by Brian Hodge. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
09-29-2015, 07:30 AM
Got my Dark Advent: The Lost Afterword from CD today. It's even signed by Brian Hodge. Thanks!

I think it's a pretty nice errata "sheet" and I'm very glad it'll get the afterword into print for the collectors!

Brian

Ben Staad
09-29-2015, 09:27 AM
I did receive my shipping notice but it hasn't arrived yet. I will say I am thrilled that CD went ahead and printed these out. I'm sure it was a hit to them but it was the right thing to do. THANKS CD TEAM!

I think it's a pretty nice errata "sheet" and I'm very glad it'll get the afterword into print for the collectors!

Brian

webstar1000
09-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Brian, I see lots of people are buying up the illustrated version of Joyland. I bought that from you guys with a slipcase... any word on when that will be sent out? thanks!

AKC
09-30-2015, 06:44 AM
For those of you that are anxiously awaiting the CD release of the Shining Artist Edition, check out the Don Maitz OR the New Pride and Joy Threads.

Brian, no question this book is going to be a spectacular publication.....

Roseannebarr
09-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Brian, I see lots of people are buying up the illustrated version of Joyland. I bought that from you guys with a slipcase... any word on when that will be sent out? thanks!

FYI. CD takes FOREVER to ship out other peoples books. I finally had to quit ordering from them directly. American Vampire was the worst. Plus they probably still have to make the slipcases! PS. Brian..... This is not a complaint, just a statement. i understand the complexities of buying someone elses products and then shipping them out again!

Brian James Freeman
09-30-2015, 07:02 AM

We haven't received our copies of the book yet, but the pub date moved around a bit and they're still telling us October 8. But I've seen copies in stores. I grabbed one for our slipcase maker yesterday so they can get started on the sizing. Unless we pick a special order material, the slipcases should be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. We'll have to see if there's anything cool and different we could try for this one!

Brian

webstar1000
09-30-2015, 07:09 AM

We haven't received our copies of the book yet, but the pub date moved around a bit and they're still telling us October 8. But I've seen copies in stores. I grabbed one for our slipcase maker yesterday so they can get started on the sizing. Unless we pick a special order material, the slipcases should be completed in 8 to 12 weeks. We'll have to see if there's anything cool and different we could try for this one!

Brian

cool, I was just wondering. Thanks Bri for letting me know brother! And thanks Glenn for letting me know your thoughts... Sometimes it is hard to wait my man.. I know that! haha However, I will stick with CD for all editions I think just so one person has my biz. CD has treated me VERY well considering I have only been a client for a couple years. They deserve that loyalty IMO..

allasorte
09-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Dear Brian:
When will CD be shipping the PS Publishing books of Skeleton Crew and Salem's Lot out? Thank you!

Brian James Freeman
09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Dear Brian:
When will CD be shipping the PS Publishing books of Skeleton Crew and Salem's Lot out? Thank you!

I believe it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for the books to cross the pond from the PS Publishing warehouse to ours, and then we need about a week of prep time once they arrive because so many of our collectors are maintaining matching numbers for this series. So, hopefully we'll be able to ship within a month of Pete's pub dates. One of the previous books took nearly 6 weeks to arrive for some reason, though, and another was here in a week... so the shipping time may vary a bit!

Brian

Roseannebarr
09-30-2015, 11:44 AM
CD referenced me in their most recent email. But no picture of me. :(

Hi Glennon,

we got our offer email on August 12, 2015 for the 50% gift certificates. Dont expect another one for awhile, even though it would be really nice and a nice surprise!! I went through $1K real fast.

amd013
09-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi Brian,

Is THE DARK TOWER COMPANION, part of the 2015 book club? Just curious as I got an email about it shipping, but I don't recall ordering this. (or should I keep my mouth shut and enjoy the free book LOL!)

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi Brian,

Is THE DARK TOWER COMPANION, part of the 2015 book club? Just curious as I got an email about it shipping, but I don't recall ordering this. (or should I keep my mouth shut and enjoy the free book LOL!)

Thanks,
Mike

Maybe it's a gift from me to you... ha! Or it might be one of the options we used to fill the "book about Stephen King" part of the Book Club. :)

Brian

allasorte
09-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Dear Brian:

I believe it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for the books to cross the pond from the PS Publishing warehouse to ours, and then we need about a week of prep time once they arrive because so many of our collectors are maintaining matching numbers for this series. So, hopefully we'll be able to ship within a month of Pete's pub dates. One of the previous books took nearly 6 weeks to arrive for some reason, though, and another was here in a week... so the shipping time may vary a bit!

Brian

Thank you Brian. Just curious as I'm taking a road trip in November. :)

HONKYTONKSMASH
09-30-2015, 04:26 PM
I didn't get the update on the Carrie artwork portfolio so if anyone can fill me in that would be awesome. Also any update on Salems would be awesome as I am going to try to grab one. Thanks!

jsweet
09-30-2015, 05:30 PM
Carrie Portfolio update:
The signature sheets are signed and the actual prints are almost finished at our local printer. As we mentioned last time, we decided to go with a heavier stock than we originally planned for, to make these an even better value for your collection.

We had to go through multiple rounds of designs for a new folder because the original design couldn’t hold the heavier paper stock properly, and we’re pleased to report the final prototype was just right. We think it looks very sharp and will protect the artwork nicely. Turnaround time on production should be approximately six weeks and then everything will be ready to ship.

Thank you to everyone for their patience on this project. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but we think you’ll be very pleased with the final production.

Salem's Lot update:
Everything has been sent to the printer, and they’re just waiting on the special order paper stock to arrive to create the dummy book. Technically, they could use any paper stock and simulate the expected bulk size (the thickness of the book), but we’ve found in the past that this isn’t an exact process and using the REAL paper is the best way to get a correctly sized dummy book. The mill is preparing the paper now and should have it finished next month.

For those who are new to our collectible special editions, the dummy book is a BLANK version of the book that is the exact same size as the final book will be. We need this dummy book to start the slipcase and traycase production so the slipcases and traycases can be the proper size to fit the books.

We will have a better idea of the final publication date for this book once the dummy books are done and our slipcase and traycase makers can prepare their schedule for us.

jsmcmullen92
10-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Well in that case looks like I will be getting 2 copies of the companion... anyone need one?

racerx45
10-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Well in that case looks like I will be getting 2 copies of the companion... anyone need one?

I'm in the same boat

Bev Vincent
10-01-2015, 07:16 AM
I think I have a couple or a few copies coming my way, too...

webstar1000
10-01-2015, 07:33 AM
I'll take one free of charge since I'm a nice guy:) hehe my number is 459 too. Thanks all. I'll check my mail.

jsweet
10-01-2015, 10:22 AM

I'm in the same boat

Looks like I'll have three -- accidentally ordered it twice and now here comes another!

wolfehr
10-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Same here! My mom started reading The Dark Tower over the summer though and is about done with Wolves of Calla. Now I'll have the perfect gift for the holidays :)

Br!an
10-01-2015, 11:09 AM

I might have to have Brian send you my copies for signatures.

Brian James Freeman
10-01-2015, 11:14 AM

You may or you may not, it's hard to say!

The reason I say that is, we used at least two different SK books for the Book Club (to fill the same slot -- so some people get one book and other people get a different book), but only Companion will be ready in October, so those who ordered it AND those who are getting the book via the Book Club will have received "confirm your address" emails this week.

But you can't tell how many copies you're getting from the email (unless you used two different email addresses for the orders and received two emails).

Does that make sense? So you might have only received the email because of your order and not because of the Book Club.

Anyway, I just wanted to try to clarify that before anyone sells or trades their copy, just in case! I probably made things less clear. ;)

Feel free to email ME (and not Mindy, she has a full plate) if you want me to check on the status for you. Happy to do so!

Brian

Bev Vincent
10-01-2015, 11:21 AM

I've already signed them, on the signature page.

jsmcmullen92
10-01-2015, 11:45 AM

You may or you may not, it's hard to say!

The reason I say that is, we used at least two different SK books for the Book Club (to fill the same slot -- so some people get one book and other people get a different book), but only Companion will be ready in October, so those who ordered it AND those who are getting the book via the Book Club will have received "confirm your address" emails this week.

But you can't tell how many copies you're getting from the email (unless you used two different email addresses for the orders and received two emails).

Does that make sense? So you might have only received the email because of your order and not because of the Book Club.

Anyway, I just wanted to try to clarify that before anyone sells or trades their copy, just in case! I probably made things less clear. ;)

Feel free to email ME (and not Mindy, she has a full plate) if you want me to check on the status for you. Happy to do so!

Brian

Perfect thanks for the clarification Brian!

Br!an
10-01-2015, 11:46 AM

:doh:

Randall Flagg
10-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Now they are ruined...

Br!an
10-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Signing the book actually is a form of damage.

So is cleaning one.

divemaster
10-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I ruined a book just by smelling it. Smelled all the essence right out of the book. Tried reading it, but now it sucks.

Randall Flagg
10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I ruined a book just by smelling it. Smelled all the essence right out of the book. Tried reading it, but now it sucks.
Prior to you smelling the book, how many times did the word "essence" appear in the text?
I just searched "IT" and essence only appeared once (of ~500,000 words). Probably wouldn't ruin that book by smelling one word out.

Merlin1958
10-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Prior to you smelling the book, how many times did the word "essence" appear in the text?
I just searched "IT" and essence only appeared once (of ~500,000 words). Probably wouldn't ruin that book by smelling one word out.

Arrggghh!!! :rolleyes2:

Drake69
10-01-2015, 03:19 PM

:clap:

Now I need one signed by SK himself..... dag-nabbit.

Ben Staad
10-04-2015, 09:59 AM
How long is the typical US shipping time from notification to delivery?

Brian James Freeman
10-04-2015, 10:35 AM

The three biggest factors are location, method of shipping, and the item itself.

UPS Ground will be 1 day to the states around Maryland, then 2 days for the states beyond that, etc, until you reach 5 or 6 business days to the west coast.

The Post Office varies widely. Sometimes we'll have packages to New York and California delivered on the same day. And sometimes the Post Office forgets to pick-up our outbound packages on any given day, so they don't actually leave until the next morning.

But the item itself also plays a role. Dan will have a better feel for this than I do these days, so he can chime in if I'm wrong, but sometimes all of the shipping notices for a preorder used to go out on the same day, even though it would take three or four days to pack and ship the items -- the system didn't know any better. (Dan might have found a way around that, but I can't recall now!)

If anything seems to be taking longer than expected to reach you once it has left the building, drop Mindy a line and she can start a tracer on the UPS package or perform our ritual shipping prayer chant for a USPS package. ;)

Brian

DanHocker
10-05-2015, 07:45 AM
It's pretty hard to lock down. In most instances I'd say if you get your shipping notice on a Monday night the latest it would typically actually leave the building would be the following Friday, and that's kinda a worst case scenario. USPS picks up 3 times a week so if for some reason they couldn't pick up on Wednesday then your package wouldn't leave until Friday, if say it was packed after USPS picked up on Monday in that particular scenario. The other scenario that can throw off when you receive your shipping notice vs. when it actually ships is if it's a project where everyone gets a specific number for a book. In these instances we almost always print all of the labels for the project up front. This means shipping notices go out all up front, but the packages may take a couple days to actually ship.

Once they leave our building the time can vary vastly depending on the shipping method. UPS's shipping times are pretty standard 1 to 5 days depending where in the country you are. USPS on the other hand (especially Media Mail) can be hugely different.

Brian James Freeman
10-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Hey, does anyone have a spare copy of the previous hardcover edition of Joyland that we could buy? We have a couple, but they are in here somewhere and we haven't heard from the first search party in hours:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/officepile.jpg

Someone suggested that our new slipcase MIGHT be able to fit the previous editions and I just can't remember the sizing well enough to confirm or deny that.

Thank you!

Brian

zelig
10-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Oh my goodness. What a sight! If I had an extra one I would just send to you at no charge. I only have one copy.

Roseannebarr
10-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Hey, does anyone have a spare copy of the previous hardcover edition of Joyland that we could buy? We have a couple, but they are in here somewhere and we haven't heard from the first search party in hours:

Someone suggested that our new slipcase MIGHT be able to fit the previous editions and I just can't remember the sizing well enough to confirm or deny that.

Thank you!

Brian

What a mess! I can send you my copy and you can return it! Would that work? No charge for shipping! I owe you a big thank you already!

jsmcmullen92
10-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Thank you!

Brian

I'll tell ya what... ship then entire mound to me and I'll go through it find the Joyland and ship that one back to you. Free of charge ;) :wtf:

webstar1000
10-05-2015, 10:38 AM
OMG Brian. LOL You need to do some spring cleaning mate! lol

Brian James Freeman
10-05-2015, 10:51 AM
What a mess! I can send you my copy and you can return it! Would that work? No charge for shipping! I owe you a big thank you already!

Yep, that would be perfect, and if the new slipcase does fit, I'll make sure you get one, on the house. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-05-2015, 10:55 AM
OMG Brian. LOL You need to do some spring cleaning mate! lol

Richard might be a bit of a pack rat... maybe... ha! These are all comps and review copies, so nothing collectible for the most part, at least. They do get organized and dealt with on a regular basis, but somehow the piles always come back... and sometimes the same books reappear in them, no idea why!

Brian

Roseannebarr
10-05-2015, 11:23 AM

Yep, that would be perfect, and if the new slipcase does fit, I'll make sure you get one, on the house. :)

Brian

it will be in the mail tomorrow! Thanks! Glen

Brian James Freeman
10-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Brian

it will be in the mail tomorrow! Thanks! Glen

Thank you!

Br!an
10-05-2015, 12:34 PM
A member here has the new illustrated edition book in the slipcase that SKCollector made for the first hardcover editions. He says they are the same size book.

Brian James Freeman
10-05-2015, 12:36 PM
A member here has the new illustrated edition book in the slipcase that SKCollector made for the first hardcover editions. He says they are the same size book.

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case... so to speak. I'll double-check all of the measurements with our slipcase maker and then we'll need to decide if we should order extras!

Brian

Ben Staad
10-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the replies!

The three biggest factors are location, method of shipping, and the item itself.

UPS Ground will be 1 day to the states around Maryland, then 2 days for the states beyond that, etc, until you reach 5 or 6 business days to the west coast.

The Post Office varies widely. Sometimes we'll have packages to New York and California delivered on the same day. And sometimes the Post Office forgets to pick-up our outbound packages on any given day, so they don't actually leave until the next morning.

But the item itself also plays a role. Dan will have a better feel for this than I do these days, so he can chime in if I'm wrong, but sometimes all of the shipping notices for a preorder used to go out on the same day, even though it would take three or four days to pack and ship the items -- the system didn't know any better. (Dan might have found a way around that, but I can't recall now!)

If anything seems to be taking longer than expected to reach you once it has left the building, drop Mindy a line and she can start a tracer on the UPS package or perform our ritual shipping prayer chant for a USPS package. ;)

Brian

It's pretty hard to lock down. In most instances I'd say if you get your shipping notice on a Monday night the latest it would typically actually leave the building would be the following Friday, and that's kinda a worst case scenario. USPS picks up 3 times a week so if for some reason they couldn't pick up on Wednesday then your package wouldn't leave until Friday, if say it was packed after USPS picked up on Monday in that particular scenario. The other scenario that can throw off when you receive your shipping notice vs. when it actually ships is if it's a project where everyone gets a specific number for a book. In these instances we almost always print all of the labels for the project up front. This means shipping notices go out all up front, but the packages may take a couple days to actually ship.

Once they leave our building the time can vary vastly depending on the shipping method. UPS's shipping times are pretty standard 1 to 5 days depending where in the country you are. USPS on the other hand (especially Media Mail) can be hugely different.

dnemec
10-05-2015, 01:34 PM

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the case... so to speak. I'll double-check all of the measurements with our slipcase maker and then we'll need to decide if we should order extras!

Brian

You'd better order extras. You know how fickle us King collectors are! :biggrin:

Br!an
10-05-2015, 03:23 PM
... so to speak.

Brian

... more or less.

Stockerlone
10-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Think on the CD hp are no pics from the illustrations...
Can someone tell my which artist illustrated which story in Dark Delicacies s/l ?

tks a LOT

MLG
10-06-2015, 01:40 PM
If no one has responded by then I will try to remember to look tonight.

Think on the CD hp are no pics from the illustrations...
Can someone tell my which artist illustrated which story in Dark Delicacies s/l ?

tks a LOT

Br!an
10-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Brian

I just picked up the Illustrated edition. It is the same height. It is slightly wider, about 1/8 inch. It is slightly thinner. It fits the slipcase easily. It sits flush to the opening in the slipcase.

Johnny Alien
10-09-2015, 06:30 AM
I had a preorder ship recently. It had the obvious delay between saying it was shipped and actually being picked up but the weird thing is that it originated in MD, I am in PA but it went all the way to NC and has been sitting there. That seems like a really bizarre way to get from MD to PA. It's like less than 2 hours away from me at it's origin point.

DanHocker
10-09-2015, 06:35 AM
I had a preorder ship recently. It had the obvious delay between saying it was shipped and actually being picked up but the weird thing is that it originated in MD, I am in PA but it went all the way to NC and has been sitting there. That seems like a really bizarre way to get from MD to PA. It's like less than 2 hours away from me at it's origin point.

Welcome to the joys of shipping with the USPS, especially Media Mail.

jsmcmullen92
10-09-2015, 06:44 AM

I had a package the other day go from Arizona back to the Bell Springs CA shipping depot up to Washington to Dallas, Texas then by truck to Austin...

Sometimes I would love to see the flight maps of how packages travel around this country before getting to their destination.

Brian James Freeman
10-09-2015, 06:56 AM

Dan, were you around when that one package that had gone missing in the USPS system suddenly arrived back at our door 10 or 12 months after it was shipped? It had postmarks from Canada, Mexico, and somewhere else...

Brian

skyofcrack
10-09-2015, 07:01 AM

Dan, were you around when that one package that had gone missing in the USPS system suddenly arrived back at our door 10 or 12 months after it was shipped? It had postmarks from Canada, Mexico, and somewhere else...

Brian

It was probably sitting in that Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse for a while too.

I've had packages take a week from MD to VA but 2 days from CA.

Br!an
10-09-2015, 07:02 AM

I had a package the other day go from Arizona back to the Bell Springs CA shipping depot up to Washington to Dallas, Texas then by truck to Austin...

Sometimes I would love to see the flight maps of how packages travel around this country before getting to their destination.

I think everything from the southwest US goes through Bell Gardens. I've had packages from Las Vegas and Arizona go through there on their way to Florida.

Ben Staad
10-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Received the afterword today for Dark Advent. Thanks so much. I like the title on the first page. It had me laughing.

Cwalker
10-12-2015, 08:32 AM
So my wife and I went to a ghost hunt tour of Ft Knox in Prospect Me. Built in 1844, it has a long supernatural history.
Walking through the gate, the corner of my eye caught this...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/774/medium/October_Ghost_Hunt_042.JPG

MY first thought was "hot puppies!! corporate sponsorship!!!"
Then I read it a little more carefully and realized my mistake.....
Blast Cemetery Dance and their subliminal messaging.....
:wink:

Brian James Freeman
10-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Production updates are on the way today via email to those who preordered GONE GIRL or 'SALEM'S LOT from us.

Brian

Br!an
10-19-2015, 09:34 AM
:excited:

webstar1000
10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
MINT. I cannot wait for Salems Lot. David Palmumbo's work on this is unreal. PERFECT choice for the artist on a novel like this. I am hoping to have this by Xmas!!

Brian James Freeman
10-19-2015, 10:54 AM
MINT. I cannot wait for Salems Lot. David Palmumbo's work on this is unreal. PERFECT choice for the artist on a novel like this. I am hoping to have this by Xmas!!

Early 2016 is the expected arrival date for the slipcases, depending on how long our slipcase maker is closed for the holidays. Sometimes it's 10 days and sometimes it's three weeks. But there is a "first photo" in the newsletter. ;)

Brian

webstar1000
10-19-2015, 11:17 AM

Early 2016 is the expected arrival date for the slipcases, depending on how long our slipcase maker is closed for the holidays. Sometimes it's 10 days and sometimes it's three weeks. But there is a "first photo" in the newsletter. ;)

Brian

Your mission should you choose to accept it Brian.. is give us the Stand/Shining next year... and I will be a happy man!

Kingfan24
10-19-2015, 11:29 AM

Brian

So we won't see Salems until after Christmas?

CyberGhostface
10-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to 'Salem's Lot, the dummy book is a beast. :)

Br!an
10-19-2015, 11:41 AM
So we won't see Salems until after Christmas?

Correct

bdwyer19
10-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Brian - Any updates with the Finders Keepers slipcases?

Brian James Freeman
10-19-2015, 11:57 AM

Still on track for November! I hope to have the "stamping approval" copy next week, and they should be done three weeks after that. It took longer than expected to get this one into production because the covering material had to be special ordered. It was discontinued as an "in-stock" item last year, so when we need more for the last book, it'll be another special order, but we wanted to keep all of these looking the same on the shelf.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Looking forward to 'Salem's Lot, the dummy book is a beast. :)

Thanks! I'll post it here, too, for those who ordered elsewhere... You can get a feel for how large our edition will be from this photo, the dummy book is wrapped in a plain white DJ:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotdummy.jpg

Brian

Br!an
10-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Gone Girl has a beautiful binding and boards. I like it a lot.

bdwyer19
10-19-2015, 12:24 PM

Still on track for November! I hope to have the "stamping approval" copy next week, and they should be done three weeks after that. It took longer than expected to get this one into production because the covering material had to be special ordered. It was discontinued as an "in-stock" item last year, so when we need more for the last book, it'll be another special order, but we wanted to keep all of these looking the same on the shelf.

Brian

Good news. Thanks Brian.

cit74
10-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Anyone watch the show comic book men on AMC? Watching the first episode of the new season tonight and Brian (haha I actually think his name is Brian - guy with the beard) is wearing a CD cemetery dance t shirt. Pretty sleek advertising.

Bev Vincent
10-21-2015, 02:57 AM
Rich noticed that and tweeted about it -- it was unplanned.

DanHocker
10-21-2015, 06:27 AM
Yea totally unplanned. Apparently he's a customer. Both another customer emailed us about it and our Fed Ex guy told us he saw it on the show.

cit74
10-21-2015, 06:43 AM
Yea totally unplanned. Apparently he's a customer. Both another customer emailed us about it and our Fed Ex guy told us he saw it on the show.

very nice - he is also wearing it in the second episode - either they tape multiple episodes in a day - or he is really trying for some free books

AstroDad
10-21-2015, 07:11 AM
Free books? I will wrap my car in CD adverts for free books! I have a 90 minute commute in a city of 4 million people. PM me lol

Roseannebarr
10-21-2015, 07:30 AM
I was thinking the same thing! i would wear a CD shirt for free books!

The Library Policeman
10-21-2015, 07:49 AM
I would wear one for no free books! :evil:

Roseannebarr
10-21-2015, 07:53 AM
I would wear one for no free books! :evil:

You WIN. :lol1:

Bev Vincent
10-21-2015, 08:14 AM
I wear one when I exercise in the morning. I get free books from CD. These two facts are somewhat unrelated!

Brian James Freeman
10-21-2015, 08:27 AM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ComicBookMen.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-21-2015, 08:28 AM
I wear one when I exercise in the morning. I get free books from CD. These two facts are somewhat unrelated!

Post a pic! ;)

Brian

Pasiuk57
10-21-2015, 09:48 AM
It is a great show with lots of humor!

Merlin1958
10-22-2015, 04:46 PM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ComicBookMen.jpg

Brian

It is a great show with lots of humor!

Yes it is, but that character looks to already have one foot in the grave!!! LOL Then again, maybe that is just the advertising CD wants!!! LOL

Pieter
10-24-2015, 08:31 AM
Any updates on Salem's Lot?

Brian James Freeman
10-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Any updates on Salem's Lot?

Here's the update from October 19th:

"The special order paper stock arrived at the printer and they’ve created the dummy book, which is a BLANK version of the book that is the exact same size as the final book will be. We needed this dummy book to start the slipcase and traycase production, so the slipcases and traycases can be the proper size to fit the books.

To get a feel for how large our edition will be, the dummy book is wrapped in a plain white DJ in this photo:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/salemslotdummy.jpg

Now that our slipcase and traycase makers have the dummy book to get their sizing, they’re finishing their prototypes and ordering the materials they need."

Brian

Pieter
10-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the update! Looks like its gonna be a huge book!

Ordered my copy at PS publishing. Guess I just have to be patient for another month. :rock:

AKC
10-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Speaking of 'Salem's Lot......

Brian, you should be commended for your selection of Dave, he is incredibly talented and has been an absolute pleasure to speak with.

"The Bite" is the Cover Art for the Signed Artist Edition

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Dave%20Palumbo%20-%20Artist/IMG_2500_zpspa7hlxmv.jpg

"The Marsten House" is the Cover Art for the Gift Edition

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Dave%20Palumbo%20-%20Artist/IMG_2501_zpsv1e27yzx.jpg

Merlin1958
10-24-2015, 06:24 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jimimck
10-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Brian, no idea if you have already been asked this or not, and sorry if it's been discussed already, but there is an eBay auction for what I assume is a PC IT s/l, housed in the gift edition slip case.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121788940708

Any chance you would have a tray case tucked away somewhere the winner may be able to purchase?

Thank you
James

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Brian, no idea if you have already been asked this or not, and sorry if it's been discussed already, but there is an eBay auction for what I assume is a PC IT s/l, housed in the gift edition slip case.

Any chance you would have a tray case tucked away somewhere the winner may be able to purchase?

Thank you
James

Sorry, I just saw this now! It is entirely possible that Dan has an extra traycase, but I'm not entirely sure, unfortunately. I'll send him a text right now, but I may not hear back in time.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2015, 04:35 PM

Thank you
James

Sorry, I just saw this now! It is entirely possible that Dan has an extra traycase, but I'm not entirely sure, unfortunately. I'll send him a text right now, but I may not hear back in time.

Brian

Dan texted back that he thinks we probably do have a spare IT limited edition traycase in the warehouse somewhere.

Brian

webstar1000
10-26-2015, 04:02 AM
Speaking of 'Salem's Lot......

Brian, you should be commended for your selection of Dave, he is incredibly talented and has been an absolute pleasure to speak with.

"The Bite" is the Cover Art for the Signed Artist Edition

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Dave%20Palumbo%20-%20Artist/IMG_2500_zpspa7hlxmv.jpg

"The Marsten House" is the Cover Art for the Gift Edition

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/Dave%20Palumbo%20-%20Artist/IMG_2501_zpsv1e27yzx.jpg

Man they are nice Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Jimimck
10-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Thank you
James

Brian

Dan texted back that he thinks we probably do have a spare IT limited edition traycase in the warehouse somewhere.

Brian

Thanks for looking in to it Brian. I didn't get the book but maybe the winner of the auction will touch base.

Cheers

Dan
10-31-2015, 06:46 AM
Brian,

I've been ordering the Little Book Series by BP through CD. At first I would get emails stating that I ordered a previous copy and it would provide me early access to order the next. Then a little later it would only be announced in the general newsletter that CD sends to everyone. This last book I didn't get any notification at all. Fortunately, I happened to be on Borderlands Press website and noticed another issue was on preorder and found it on the CD website. Is this one just falling through the cracks? I get quite a few CD emails and read all of them, so i don't believe that it went to junk mail (I have CD filtered as a whitelist domain on my email).

Also, when these were first announced I thought Joe Hill was in the works to be the writer on one of these. Do you know if this is still true?

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2015, 07:22 AM
Fortunately, I happened to be on Borderlands Press website and noticed another issue was on preorder and found it on the CD website. Is this one just falling through the cracks?

We received the info from Tom about A LITTLE MAGENTA BOOK ABOUT A DOLLHOUSE this past week, and I had time to get the product page together, but we haven't sent the note to previous customers. (It's also not assigned to the Preorder category, so the only way to find the product is by searching for it.)

Now that you've ordered it, though, note that you won't get the advance notice since those who have already ordered a product are excluded from the direct customer sales emails about that product.

Also, when these were first announced I thought Joe Hill was in the works to be the writer on one of these. Do you know if this is still true?

That's what Tom said, but you'll have to ask him to know if it's still the plan!

Brian

Dan
10-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks, Brian! I knew there was a good explanation.

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Brian! I knew there was a good explanation.

It's a really neat set of books. I hope Joe was/is able to come through with a book for it!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2015, 10:56 AM
Bev Vincent has the scoop about some of the changes King made to UR for the new collection:

http://bit.ly/1MouWii

Brian

KingKorn
11-03-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm waiting for the "Double Super Very Very Last Chance Day to Buy Four Halloweens 2" email to come through. I know it was only a 4 day sale and you have to market it hard, but that was still a lot of emails.

Kingfan24
11-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I agree. Very annoying.

Brian James Freeman
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I agree. Very annoying.

if you email Mindy, she can mark you as "Do Not Email" so you won't receive emails.

Brian

Randall Flagg
11-03-2015, 01:51 PM
I agree. Very annoying.

if you email Mindy, she can mark you as "Do Not Email" so you won't receive emails.

Brian
Exactly.
People sure bitch a lot.

Too many emails...
I never got an email...
I never received the offer from 6 months ago....why can't I have it now?
Why isn't shipping to New Zealand free?
I'm on Mars and very lonely, if I pay for expedited shipping, can you ignore the laws of physics and get it here in a year (please toss in a protein bar or two)?

Brian James Freeman
11-03-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm on Mars and very lonely, if I pay for expedited shipping, can you ignore the laws of physics and get it here in a year (please toss in a protein bar or two)?

We get that one from Matt Damon a lot...

Brian

Roseannebarr
11-03-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm waiting for the "Double Super Very Very Last Chance Day to Buy Four Halloweens 2" email to come through. I know it was only a 4 day sale and you have to market it hard, but that was still a lot of emails.

is the 4 days up? did i miss the last email? ;)

i like all the emails, i always get excited seeing the email from CD. I think this is it! The next great signed limited by Stephen King!!! I then delete the emails. I have no problem with the mass of emails.

Merlin1958
11-03-2015, 02:18 PM

i like all the emails, i always get excited seeing the email from CD. I think this is it! The next great signed limited by Stephen King!!! I then delete the emails. I have no problem with the mass of emails.

Compared to some of the other crap I get in emails, CD emails are welcome and refreshing IMHO. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kingfan24
11-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry I shared my opinion. I, like others here, love CD emails. But received 6 emails between Thursday and Monday about the same book. Just thought it was slightly excessive.

Carry on with the emails. I'll go back to my grumpy corner.

Roseannebarr
11-03-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry I shared my opinion. I, like others here, love CD emails. But received 6 emails between Thursday and Monday about the same book. Just thought it was slightly excessive.

Always share your opinions. Now that Bill has a new attitude we need someone Grumpy! Otherwise, i dont have anything to read at work.

Merlin1958
11-03-2015, 02:50 PM

Always share your opinions. Now that Bill has a new attitude we need someone Grumpy! Otherwise, i dont have anything to read at work.

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Piss Off!!! :FU:

Happy now? LOL LOL LOL You know what? The occasional "FU" can do wonders for your overall attitude and demeanor!!! LOL LOL LOL

Opinions are always welcome here though, sometimes not quite as appreciated as they should be. Believe me, I know from whence I speak!! LOL LOL LOL

allasorte
11-03-2015, 03:05 PM

I'm here for you and can be more grumpy then most. Though excessive emailing can be a nuisance, I'll give CD the benefit of the doubt on the same book email. I think I received 4 of them. Perhaps some subscribers only "grasp the concept" when they receive repetitive emails? A light flickers inside "to buy" on the 4th email? It happens lol.

Drake69
11-03-2015, 04:22 PM
It doesn't pop my nose out of joint. I don't mind at all! :smile:

Jimimck
11-03-2015, 04:35 PM

Now that you mention it, if all shipping could be arranged to NZ for free, that would be much appreciated.

Merlin1958
11-03-2015, 04:38 PM

Now that you mention it, if all shipping could be arranged to NZ for free, that would be much appreciated.

We have "Top" people working on this as we speak!! "Top" people!!!! LOL

ELazansky
11-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I didn't mind the emails so much - I did mind the fact that the book had a "mystery author." I'm not going to buy a book without knowing all of the details ahead of time.

Br!an
11-03-2015, 05:33 PM

I'm a member of CDCC. I am a member of the CD book club. I subscribe to all of CD, CD Online and LRB emails. I also ordered the Four Halloweens last year.

I probably received more emails about it than most. None of them bothered me.

Merlin1958
11-03-2015, 05:38 PM
If it weren't for the Republicans, Retail shopping, this site and CD I'd never have anything in my "Inbox"!!!! LOL How freaking sad would that be? LOL

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten an email from LRB that I can recall in some time now. I guess they no longer love me??? LOL

allasorte
11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
If it weren't for the Republicans, Retail shopping, this site and CD I'd never have anything in my "Inbox"!!!! LOL How freaking sad would that be? LOL

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten an email from LRB that I can recall in some time now. I guess they no longer love me??? LOL

What's your email? I'll send you tons of spam lol.
On a normal response. I enjoy the emails from CD and PS regardless of the count. But I hate Petco! They send me like 3 emails a day!!! How much food do they think one 15 pound dog can eat?!?!

Merlin1958
11-03-2015, 05:57 PM

What's your email? I'll send you tons of spam lol.
On a normal response. I enjoy the emails from CD and PS regardless of the count. But I hate Petco! They send me like 3 emails a day!!! How much food do they think one 15 pound dog can eat?!?!

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't ask the "Petco" question of "Bomber, the Haven Fund Wonder dog"!!! LOL

http://imageshack.com/a/img40/3184/1xhp.jpg

Back on topic, occasionally the CD emails can be a bit much, but not too often in my experience. They could always send out more of them for a certain fundraiser that shall remain nameless. It's for others to carry on that campaign from now on. LOL

Has there even been a peep regarding a CD (or other publisher) Limited for BoBD's as yet?

Brian James Freeman
11-04-2015, 07:25 AM
I didn't mind the emails so much - I did mind the fact that the book had a "mystery author." I'm not going to buy a book without knowing all of the details ahead of time.

Yeah, that wasn't really something we really wanted to do, but the last author's agent had to approve the contract and that didn't happen before the sales window opened, unfortunately.

Brian

AKC
11-07-2015, 07:23 AM
My 2016 CD Shining Artwork collection is now complete. Now have 6 of the 8 Prelims and 3 of the 8 Original pieces in my collection....A few more arrived yesterday. C'mon Brian! Get that ordering page up! :)

As a side note, Don has THREE ORIGINAL PIECES LEFT @ $3,750 each. If you would like pics of what is left, PM me.

"Danny Shines" and "Danny in 217" Prelims

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/IMG_2569_zpspi4hxdvf.jpg

"Danny in 217" Original

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/IMG_2567_zpst72rc1al.jpg

Prelims on Display

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/IMG_2570_zpsiq2pgsmi.jpg

webstar1000
11-09-2015, 07:02 AM
LOVE how you displayed those Tim... wow... wow.. wow...

Jimimck
11-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Very cool indeed

stroppygoblin
11-09-2015, 04:33 PM
enough of these scribblings Tim, whens the BIG stuff coming? :evil:

ke7285
11-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Very nice!

amd013
11-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Hi Brian,

Whats the status of the shipment of Dark Tower Companion? I got the address confirmation notice at end of Sept, and it said it would be shipping by end of Oct, but I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
11-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi Brian,

Whats the status of the shipment of Dark Tower Companion? I got the address confirmation notice at end of Sept, and it said it would be shipping by end of Oct, but I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks,
Mike

It's in the warehouse with 9 of our titles that Dan is working through, plus a bunch of other books from other publishers that all suddenly arrived this month! Sorry about the wait, but we'll send another update when we know Dan is getting closer to it, so you can be on the lookout. One of our helpers is returning to work tomorrow through Thanksgiving, and that should hopefully make a difference.

Brian

Randall Flagg
11-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Yesterday CD sent out a notice of an item that sold out in less than 2 hours. And of course I missed it. Drats.

You're receiving this email because you're a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 6! PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION ANYWHERE BECAUSE THIS OFFER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!
We have extremely unique opportunity for our Stephen King and artwork collectors that will not be offered to the general public! Vincent Chong has created an epic new image of THE DARK TOWER, and we're working with him to create an extraordinary collectible unlike anything we've ever offered before:
Our local printer will be producing just 19 (!) copies of this image using a one-time printing process. We'll then be shipping these 19 exclusive prints across the ocean to Vincent Chong to sign and number.
When they arrive back, we'll be framing and matting them with elegant materials that will highlight the beauty of the artwork. The frames are rounded and black with a subtle beige patina wash, elegant raised patterns, and a smooth satiny finish; the mats are acid-free, archival-quality; and the finishing touch will be the high-grade custom-cut glass. The final size will be approximately 16 inches by 20 inches.
As always, members of the CDCC are being offered these FIRST and with a special discount that no one else will be offered!
*** Here is your exclusive $50 off coupon code that is valid for the next 48 hours or while supplies last:
CDCC50
*** How To Redeem Your Discount:
1) Go to our website and add the chapbook to your basket:
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CHONG02
(If the page says “Out of Print,” that means all of our copies have been reserved, unfortunately.)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/a_chong02.jpg

AKC
11-11-2015, 06:16 AM
How much was it?

Given that it's a print, assuming $200-$250?

Roseannebarr
11-11-2015, 06:35 AM
How much was it?

Given that it's a print, assuming $200-$250?

350 after our CDdc discount

webstar1000
11-11-2015, 06:36 AM
I'm surprised CD would out this Item out. They had nothing to do with any Dart Tower book and nor did Vincent Chong. This is a re-print no less as well... No disrespect to CD as I love their product... But this makes no sense to me and I'm SHOCKED it sold out. I feel it has no value....

Dan
11-11-2015, 07:21 AM
I missed this, also. Not sure I would have paid that much, but it's a pretty cool print.

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm surprised CD would out this Item out. They had nothing to do with any Dart Tower book and nor did Vincent Chong. This is a re-print no less as well... No disrespect to CD as I love their product... But this makes no sense to me and I'm SHOCKED it sold out. I feel it has no value....

We like to try new things from time to time, and we thought this would be fun for us and at least a few collectors. I thought it might take a day to sell, but two hours was a surprise. But we love Vinny's artwork -- it's from the new Polish editions -- and the frames we've picked out are gorgeous. We'll see what the 19 collectors think when all is said and done!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2015, 08:45 AM
For those of you have not been following along with Stephen King Revisited, I hope you'll check it out. I'm still learning things from Bev's "historical context essays" and I thought I knew everything about how these books came to be! And I really like Rich's essays about where he was in life when he first read the books and how he is approaching some of these books for the very first time in 20+ years. Plus, the guest essays bring a different approach to each book, which is always interesting.

If you haven't been reading up to this point, I hope you'll check it out:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/stephen-king-books-in-chronological-order-for-stephen-king-revisited-reading-lists/

Everyone involved is working on these essays because they love King's work, and I think that really comes through in their writing.

Brian

dnemec
11-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I was surprised at the limited run of 19. But I love Vinny, and think the price was great since it will include the framing. If I had the money, I probably would've bitten. I'd love to see the finished product if someone here picked one up!

George at C-Springs
11-11-2015, 09:44 AM
I had the shot at getting one, but couldn't bring myself to pull the plug due to price, upcoming holiday shopping obligations, and other purchase I made right beforehand. Maybe if it was signed by King (like the Rock Bottom Remainders poster from a month or two ago) and if I had the perfect place to hang it in the house, but otherwise I was sure there would be 19 others who would really really really want it, and I'd be a lousy Santa if I stole somebody else's gift!

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I'd be a lousy Santa if I stole somebody else's gift!

Ha! :)

Brian

webstar1000
11-11-2015, 10:52 AM

We like to try new things from time to time, and we thought this would be fun for us and at least a few collectors. I thought it might take a day to sell, but two hours was a surprise. But we love Vinny's artwork -- it's from the new Polish editions -- and the frames we've picked out are gorgeous. We'll see what the 19 collectors think when all is said and done!

Brian

Brian I mean no disprespect in my comments. As you may know I love my King art and I don't see the value in this. Obviously some do and that's great for you guys. I have always Said I would like to see what you guys could do with it... But as of yet you have not had the chance. This to me makes little sense from the art side of things. Again, sold out... So it does to 19 or more.

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Brian I mean no disprespect in my comments.

Absolutely, I know! :)

Brian

richardsrarebooks
11-11-2015, 02:53 PM
I had an opportunity to purchase the print but passed. Would have if it had been some original artwork without any of the extras. Just my opinion.

TCCBodhi
11-11-2015, 04:19 PM
I was too far down the line to even get an email about it, so no opportunity here (not that I would have had the money at this time). :( It's a great print for a beginning SK Art Collector though, along with any of the long-available Whelan prints.

Br!an
11-11-2015, 05:17 PM
I was too far down the line to even get an email about it, so no opportunity here (not that I would have had the money at this time). :( It's a great print for a beginning SK Art Collector though, along with any of the long-available Whelan prints.

The email went out to CDCC members only.

Lurker
11-11-2015, 05:46 PM
You can order any of his prints directly from Vinny - they may not be numbered but they are signed...
I've been thinking about getting the whole DT set...

How's best of CD 2 coming? I just picked up the Best of Vol. 1 and now am eager for Vol. 2.