PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Kingfan24
07-24-2015, 04:55 PM
was there a grab bag today?

bdwyer19
07-24-2015, 04:56 PM

I apparently missed it too.

webstar1000
07-24-2015, 05:00 PM

I apparently missed it too.

Wow. Would love to get a World War
Z lettered for $80! Lol

Dan
07-24-2015, 05:14 PM
It was a few days ago. I passed because I'm trying to cut down on authors I don't collect. Great deal, though!

Br!an
07-24-2015, 05:15 PM
50% off sale for Facebook and Twitter followers.

richardsrarebooks
07-24-2015, 05:25 PM
It was sent to members of the CDCC 5 on Wednesday afternoon. I kept checking and it was sold out early afternoon today. They had signed lettered edition for $79.00 and unsigned for $35.00 each. Some of the titles were: World War Z; Zombie Survival Guide; A Simple Plan; The Ruins; Pure; Fangoria and The Loveliest Dead. Will let the group know what I received.

bdwyer19
07-24-2015, 05:42 PM
That makes sense. I was thinking it was sent to people who had bought lettered editions in the past.

Jimimck
07-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Opinions please. Is the tray cased edition of Faithfull worth it at 50% off even considering I have no interest in The subject matter at all? It's the book still a nice King edition to have in your collection?

Theli
07-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Opinions please. Is the tray cased edition of Faithfull worth it at 50% off even considering I have no interest in The subject matter at all? It's the book still a nice King edition to have in your collection?

I would say it is as a King collector. But I thought they were sold out...

Jimimck
07-24-2015, 09:37 PM
The website says the slipcased and tray cased editions are both in stock and available.

Br!an
07-25-2015, 03:45 AM
I would let you know, since I bought one on the July 4 44% off sale, but they haven't shipped it yet.

I did receive my John Dies In The End though, and it's very nice.

bdwyer19
07-25-2015, 04:43 AM

I'm questioning it too, since I have the gift edition already. I even have CD gift certificates I could use, but I'm thinking I'd rather save them for a book/subject matter that I would enjoy a lot more.

Roseannebarr
07-25-2015, 05:50 AM

IT is an extremely well done book, no king signature, if you don't like the book! I woulsD save your money for something you need or want. It actually just came off my shelf because of space issues!

T-Dogz_AK47
07-25-2015, 07:44 AM
The problem with Faithful is that it's about the Boston Red Sux. Now if the book was about how great the Yankees are instead, then that would be a completely different situation and I would recommend that you get the Lettered Edition, never mind the S/L.

:YYY:

bdwyer19
07-25-2015, 07:51 AM
The problem with Faithful is that it's about the Boston Red Sux. Now if the book was about how great the Yankees are instead, then that would be a completely different situation and I would recommend that you get the Lettered Edition, never mind the S/L.

Ugh! Definitely not!! I have no respect for teams that buy championships at the expense of small market teams.

zelig
07-25-2015, 08:10 AM

IT is an extremely well done book, no king signature, if you don't like the book! I woulsD save your money for something you need or want. It actually just came off my shelf because of space issues!

I agree. I'm also running out of shelf space and although I like the book from a production standpoint, that will be the first to go elsewhere to make space for something more desirable to me.

Lurker
07-25-2015, 02:49 PM
It always amazes me how people that support that NY team are incapable of spelling a simple three letter word.

Faithful is a very well done book. And for charity.

wolfehr
07-25-2015, 03:24 PM
John Dies At The End arrived today!

http://i.imgur.com/xHfnYx0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zj8WeZ4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O8zd7GW.jpg

racerx45
07-26-2015, 10:05 AM
very nice

Lookwhoitis
07-26-2015, 03:51 PM
It always amazes me how people that support that NY team are incapable of spelling a simple three letter word.

Sox is not a word, It is a misspelling... :D

Lurker
07-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Really? I bet the good folks in Chicago would be surprised to hear that.

Definition of SOCK

1 archaic : a low shoe or slipper

2 also plural sox \ˈsäks\ : a knitted or woven covering for the foot usually worn under shoes and extending above the ankle and sometimes to the knee

Mirram Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sock)

Brian James Freeman
07-27-2015, 09:39 AM
It was sent to members of the CDCC 5 on Wednesday afternoon. I kept checking and it was sold out early afternoon today. They had signed lettered edition for $79.00 and unsigned for $35.00 each. Some of the titles were: World War Z; Zombie Survival Guide; A Simple Plan; The Ruins; Pure; Fangoria and The Loveliest Dead. Will let the group know what I received.

Dan will post when these start shipping. We're down to just him in the warehouse at the moment because our main helper had to leave to attend to a family emergency out of the country, so Dan is juggling a lot back there. But there are some GREAT books going out in this deal. I can't imagine we'll offer it again, actually.

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
07-27-2015, 09:57 AM

Sox is not a word, It is a misspelling... :D

+ 1. Well said, my friend! "Sox" is a complete misspelling and bastardisation of the English language. :thumbsup:

Really? I bet the good folks in Chicago would be surprised to hear that.

Definition of SOCK

1 archaic : a low shoe or slipper

2 also plural sox \ˈsäks\ : a knitted or woven covering for the foot usually worn under shoes and extending above the ankle and sometimes to the knee

Mirram Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sock)

Noun.
US slang. non-standard plural spelling of socks.
Oxford Concise English Dictionary.

That's the problem with supporters of that Boston team, they don't know what Queen's English is.... LOL!!!! :lol:

webstar1000
07-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Dan will post when these start shipping. We're down to just him in the warehouse at the moment because our main helper had to leave to attend to a family emergency out of the country, so Dan is juggling a lot back there. But there are some GREAT books going out in this deal. I can't imagine we'll offer it again, actually.

Brian

Yeah someone is going to be VERY happy!

Tommy
07-27-2015, 10:55 AM
That's the problem with supporters of that Boston team, they don't know what Queen's English is.... LOL!!!! :lol:

Stephen King supports that Boston team, does he know Queen's English?

T-Dogz_AK47
07-27-2015, 10:58 AM

Stephen King supports that Boston team, does he know Queen's English?

He supports that Boston team, eh? Well nobody is perfect. I guess this proves that Stephen King is not a god and is human after all. LOL! J/K :P

Lurker
07-27-2015, 01:40 PM
No American cares about the Queen's English, otherwise we would be riding lifts to out flats, after getting our stuff out of the car boot wearing jumpers. :evil:

Received John Dies At the End today. Another great job!

Tommy
07-27-2015, 01:47 PM
No American cares about the Queen's English, otherwise we would be riding lifts to out flats, after getting our stuff out of the car boot wearing jumpers. :evil:

Received John Dies At the End today. Another great job!

I bet you are chuffed to bits about it!

Jay127
07-28-2015, 10:58 AM
The lettered edition deal is active again if anyone missed it the first time.

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 11:16 AM

But please don't post the link publicly, we're sending out a note to a SMALL group of collectors we thought might be interested because we realized we had another carton of books we can use for the deal. So the Collectors Club and this little group today will be the only collectors out of our active customer list who are sent the link! We'd oversell in a heartbeat if we pushed the deal out to a larger group. Thanks for understanding!

Brian

Jay127
07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Definitely wouldn't post the link - I just saw it on the CD forum, so I thought it was ok to post it here. Sorry if I overstepped!

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Definitely wouldn't post the link - I just saw it on the CD forum, so I thought it was ok to post it here. Sorry if I overstepped!

Nope, it's okay! I posted a note there because we're not sending another note to the Collectors Club since they seem to have placed their orders, but I wanted to make sure they knew, just in case. It's an insane deal, and I can't imagine we'll offer it again, so I just want to make sure we don't make more work for Mindy because it ruins her day if something oversells and she has to cancel orders...!

Brian

Randall Flagg
07-28-2015, 11:31 AM

But please don't post the link publicly, we're sending out a note to a SMALL group of collectors we thought might be interested because we realized we had another carton of books we can use for the deal. So the Collectors Club and this little group today will be the only collectors out of our active customer list who are sent the link! We'd oversell in a heartbeat if we pushed the deal out to a larger group. Thanks for understanding!

Brian
I guess I wasn't part of the special small group. Sigh.

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 12:00 PM

Brian

You'll only know now if you have a time machine. Email is sending in the next hour. :)

Brian

racerx45
07-28-2015, 12:04 PM

Brian

The link is the normal website plus /Everybody-except-JeromeS. Hope that helps

Kingfan24
07-28-2015, 12:42 PM
And kingfan24

Randall Flagg
07-28-2015, 12:45 PM
And kingfan24
You got the link. Problem was you tried to order 6 using family names and CC's

JK

Roseannebarr
07-28-2015, 12:48 PM
AND ROSEANNEBARR Searched all my old emails and i am a member of the CDCC. Oooh wellll... Brian likes to play favorites. I wonder if he inlcudes SK on the mailing list?

Br!an
07-28-2015, 01:02 PM
I went back to the link provided to CDCC5 members and ordered a couple.

Kingfan24
07-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Frustrating.

Kingfan24
07-28-2015, 01:31 PM
And kingfan24
You got the link. Problem was you tried to order 6 using family names and CC's

JK

Lol nice.

Randall Flagg
07-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Smith would have been easier...
Worked for me in Maine 4 times.

Lauterer
07-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Ordered lettered before, but also not in this super special group...

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
The group we emailed today was partially based on how recent your most recent order was, not just what you've ordered.

Unfortunately, when we have to limit an offer to 250 out of 25,000 active customers, good collectors are going to miss out. That's why 99% of these deals never even leave the Collector's Club, so we don't have to worry about leaving anyone out. You're either in the club or you're not, you know?

But for these Lettered Editions, we decided to offer the remaining books to another small group to see how they'd respond to the offer.

For those who never ever want to be left out, the Collector's Club receives between 115 and 135 offers each year including discounts and advance notices of new books. If you only buy SK, it's probably not a good deal for you, although the Collector's Club is the first group we'd offer anything signed by SK that we happened to have to sell like those signed Rock Bottom Remainders posters that turned up a while back.

Brian

WeDealInLead
07-28-2015, 04:03 PM
It's a bummer I receive emails letting me know I can upgrade my Carrie portfolio with a Chadbourne remarque but not for this.

carlosdetweiller
07-28-2015, 04:19 PM
It's a bummer I receive emails letting me know I can upgrade my Carrie portfolio with a Chadbourne remarque but not for this.

Did you accept that fine opportunity?

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 05:08 PM

The group we emailed today was partially based on how recent your most recent order was, not just what you've ordered.

Unfortunately, when we have to limit an offer to 250 out of 25,000 active customers, good collectors are going to miss out. That's why 99% of these deals never even leave the Collector's Club, so we don't have to worry about leaving anyone out. You're either in the club or you're not, you know?

But for these Lettered Editions, we decided to offer the remaining books to another small group to see how they'd respond to the offer.

For those who never ever want to be left out, the Collector's Club receives between 115 and 135 offers each year including discounts and advance notices of new books. If you only buy SK, it's probably not a good deal for you, although the Collector's Club is the first group we'd offer anything signed by SK that we happened to have to sell like those signed Rock Bottom Remainders posters that turned up a while back.

Brian

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-28-2015, 05:13 PM
By the way, speaking of something that is a TRUE bummer... I've been out of the loop lately, so many thanks to the friend who pointed me toward the thread about Bill Bender. I want to post it here for anyone else who doesn't venture far from this thread since he's been such an important part of this thread, be sure to go give it a read and find out if there's anything you can do to help:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19244-Merlin1958-(Bill-Bender)-hospitalized-and-in-a-coma.

Brian

Jimimck
07-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Brian, thanks for posting the link above. I knew Bill was ill, but hadn't come across that thread or realised the full seriousness of the situation.

KingKorn
07-29-2015, 04:19 PM

Brian

You've got a tough job, Brian. Lots and lots of folks in this collecting business who like to be in the inner circle of the inner circle....

Quick question: for this Lettered deal, are the books you guys 'found' in your warehouse (I'd love 15 minutes and a BIG duffel bag in that place!) limited to the ones in the picture that accompanied the order page? Or are there other lettered titles that might also turn up in our mailboxes? Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2015, 05:50 PM
You've got a tough job, Brian. Lots and lots of folks in this collecting business who like to be in the inner circle of the inner circle....

Compared to most folks on here, I have an easy job that's a dream most days. The hard part is not spending all of my paycheck on books now that every bookseller in the world knows what I'm a sucker for!

Quick question: for this Lettered deal, are the books you guys 'found' in your warehouse (I'd love 15 minutes and a BIG duffel bag in that place!) limited to the ones in the picture that accompanied the order page? Or are there other lettered titles that might also turn up in our mailboxes? Thanks!

Hey, given how things are going with our part time help having to leave again on a family emergency, Dan would probably consider inviting you and your duffle bag to visit because it would mean less stuff for him to organize and trip over! ;)

There are a few other Lettered Editions than were in the photo because, despite my best efforts, we managed to oversell after sending to that second small group. I don't like cancelling orders and disappointing folks if I can help it, so we're hoping to use some newer books that just arrived as well.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Brian, thanks for posting the link above. I knew Bill was ill, but hadn't come across that thread or realised the full seriousness of the situation.

I'm glad it helped someone else find the post. I'm really worried about the guy.

Brian

TCCBodhi
07-29-2015, 10:36 PM
This Lettered offer my first break away from a King collectible, so on one hand I'm apprehensive, but every CD book that I've ever seen has been luscious so I'm sure that I'll be more than pleased!

Congrats on the baby Brian, and hope that your sleep has been disrupted as little as possible!

cit74
07-30-2015, 05:14 PM
I waited a little too long and it was sold out - I guess that might mean I might be off future emails as well...jk

Jimimck
07-30-2015, 06:06 PM
I was lucky to be included and am excited to see what my first ever Lettered will be

T-Dogz_AK47
07-31-2015, 12:59 AM

I'm glad it helped someone else find the post. I'm really worried about the guy.

Brian

I have some great news for you Brian.... :smile:

Bill logged onto the site last night for the first time since being rushed to hospital on 22nd July! He spent over 2 hours catching up on the threads and reading how much love everyone has for him! :couple:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19244-Merlin1958-(Bill-Bender)-hospitalized-and-in-a-coma.&p=937029&viewfull=1#post937029 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19244-Merlin1958-(Bill-Bender)-hospitalized-and-in-a-coma.&p=937029&viewfull=1#post937029)

Bill's back everyone!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Ricky
08-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Hey, given how things are going with our part time help having to leave again on a family emergency, Dan would probably consider inviting you and your duffle bag to visit because it would mean less stuff for him to organize and trip over! ;)

If the part-time help ever doesn't work out...

;)

wolfehr
08-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Is it possible to disclose which letters are reserved for lifetime members? I've twice run into issues where I purchased a letter on the secondary market and then learned it was reserved for a limetime member. If I'd known it'd be impossible to continue with that letter I wouldn't have purchased them.

It's VERY frustrating to have no choice but to purchase on the secondary market from a reseller at a markup if you want to continue with a matching letter.

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Is it possible to disclose which letters are reserved for lifetime members? I've twice run into issues where I purchased a letter on the secondary market and then learned it was reserved for a limetime member. If I'd known it'd be impossible to continue with that letter I wouldn't have purchased them.

It's VERY frustrating to have no choice but to purchase on the secondary market from a reseller at a markup if you want to continue with a matching letter.

Many of the "low" letters are taken by lifetimers and about a dozen regulars who buy every book as they are announced. All of the double letters are available on a first come, first served basis. Please email me (addy in sig below) with a list of the Lettered Editions you've bought and which letters you have for each one, and I'll see if there's anything I can do to help you with switching over to a more regularly available letter, so you're not stuck buying on the second-hand market. It all depends on the book and the letters, but I'll do my best because I completely understand where you're coming from.

Brian

Jimimck
08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Got my shipping notice for my random lettered. Excited!!!

wolfehr
08-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Got my shipping notice for my random lettered. Excited!!!

Awesome! I'm really excited for this... I like the surprise :)

TCCBodhi
08-04-2015, 12:37 PM
I GOT MY SHIPPING NOTICE!!!...... for the Mr. Mercedes slipcover, which will be nice to have too, though I have the paperback to put in it at this point. I'll have to wait a little longer on the Lettered, I guess. Major anticipation, I wonder what it will be!

richardsrarebooks
08-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Just received my shipping notice for the lettered "grab bag". I ordered two and will let the group know the titles when I receive them.

wolfehr
08-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Got my shipping notice for the random lettered editions today! I ordered three and will share them here once they arrive.

Jimimck
08-05-2015, 01:47 PM
I missed that you could order more than one! Bugger. Oh well, its still one more lettered than I thought I would ever own...

jsweet
08-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Got my shipping notice, too ... what, oh what will it be???

Tommy
08-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Got my notice too, we should wait until we all have ours and open them at the same time like on Christmas :excited::rofl:

webstar1000
08-06-2015, 03:39 AM
I gotta say.. LOVE CD. BUT... I tried THREE DAMM times to purchase this deal. I only have few lettered's and was going to gamble that I got a World War Z. I am from Canada as you know and it is SO NOT user friendly making orders when not from the US. CD's system has done this time and time again. EVERYTIME I end up emailing Mindy and getting her to do it manually. SO.. of course I missed out. It pisses me off that this happens everytime I go to make a purchase from CD. Do they not want my money? I even tried to tell Mindy to just take it off my card and she just sent me a link:( Which I had already tried and tried so I just gave up. So frustrating... anyways my rant for today. :arg::arg::arg:

Tommy
08-06-2015, 03:44 AM
I gotta say.. LOVE CD. BUT... I tried THREE DAMM times to purchase this deal. I only have few lettered's and was going to gamble that I got a World War Z. I am from Canada as you know and it is SO NOT user friendly making orders when not from the US. CD's system has done this time and time again. EVERYTIME I end up emailing Mindy and getting her to do it manually. SO.. of course I missed out. It pisses me off that this happens everytime I go to make a purchase from CD. Do they not want my money? I even tried to tell Mindy to just take it off my card and she just sent me a link:( Which I had already tried and tried so I just gave up. So frustrating... anyways my rant for today. :arg::arg::arg:

Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, I asked Mindy about WWZ and she told me that it was not part of the deal.

webstar1000
08-06-2015, 03:47 AM

Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, I asked Mindy about WWZ and she told me that it was not part of the deal.

Really? That is not what the picture on the ad they had up showed. So, that would be false advertising! LOL I cannot see CD doing that.... That was the whole reason I was getting one. I wanted to gamble a bit per say. lol

stroppygoblin
08-06-2015, 03:48 AM

Really? hmm - it was shown in the picture of the books included in the deal... Think it's ok to post now as deal is sold out...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_GB072215.jpg

Kingfan24
08-06-2015, 04:05 AM
It better have been included - that's the only reason I took a gamble on it.

jsmcmullen92
08-06-2015, 04:31 AM

Hey man if you ever have issues just shoot me a PM and we can always do the order to my address if needed and I can ship it up to you.

Robert Fulman
08-06-2015, 04:58 AM

Really? hmm - it was shown in the picture of the books included in the deal... Think it's ok to post now as deal is sold out...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/X_GB072215.jpg

I think it was clear (at least it was to me) that that was a picture to demonstrate the style of the lettered editions, not a promise of exactly which titles would be available in the deal. There was a link in the offer to a blog post (http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/new-style-of-deluxe-lettered-editions/) that talked about the new lettered editions, and that picture was taken from that blog post.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-06-2015, 05:00 AM

Hey man if you ever have issues just shoot me a PM and we can always do the order to my address if needed and I can ship it up to you.

That's an awesome level of comradeship, my friend!

Rep points awarded for offering to help another member like that! This is exactly the kind of behaviour that makes this site so great!!!

Good job!!! :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
08-06-2015, 05:59 AM
I took the ad and the picture to mean that WWZ would be included as part of a "random" selection. Nothing that I'm going to be upset about as I figured the odds were slim (as opposed to none).

webstar1000
08-06-2015, 06:06 AM
I took the ad and the picture to mean that WWZ would be included as part of a "random" selection. Nothing that I'm going to be upset about as I figured the odds were slim (as opposed to none).

There is no other way to take it. My 2 cents... who cares... CD's website again blocked me from giving them money. lol

Brian James Freeman
08-06-2015, 06:37 AM
I gotta say.. LOVE CD. BUT... I tried THREE DAMM times to purchase this deal. I only have few lettered's and was going to gamble that I got a World War Z. I am from Canada as you know and it is SO NOT user friendly making orders when not from the US. CD's system has done this time and time again.

Why don't you email me and I'll help you out? We get TONS of orders from overseas and I rarely hear from people who have any problems with the site, so it must be a quirky thing with your address or form of payment... but we'd be very happy to accept your order! :)

Brian

P.S. Okay, I rarely hear from folks... the site can be buggy at times, but if you're always having a problem, I'm sure there's something we just need to tweak for you!

Brian James Freeman
08-06-2015, 06:41 AM

What Mindy probably should have told you is that there were 3 copies, but SO many people were asking if they could "get" WWZ -- even though the deal explicitly stated that you couldn't pick which book you got -- that she gave up and just started telling people that it wasn't part of the deal. People had been emailing her back 2, 3, 5, even 10 times pushing, begging, and bitching at her to give them that book. So she just started saying it wasn't part of the deal. I did the same when people asked me, to save her some grief. She receives 200 to 300 customer emails PER DAY, so dealing with a few people who are yelling at her to change a deal JUST FOR THEM is a huge drain on her time and energy.

Every book in the photographed stack, plus THREE OTHERS, were used in some way for these shipments. We had more of some and less of others, but they were all used.

Brian

Randall Flagg
08-06-2015, 06:44 AM
FWIW, I didn't email Mindy.
If it helps, when my shipment arrives, I'll send the WWZ back... to be given out at random to someone else.

Brian James Freeman
08-06-2015, 06:51 AM
FWIW, I didn't email Mindy.
If it helps, when my shipment arrives, I'll send the WWZ back... to be given out at random to someone else.

If you get it, you should post it, ha!

By the way, I wasn't referencing anyone in this thread... anyone here who DID ask was very cool about it. I don't blame folks for trying, it's a great book. The ones who were hugely disrespectful aren't members here. (And dealing with that crap goes with the territory, but sometimes I do think people don't realize how much Mindy puts up with, simply because we're used to everyone who posts here and is respectful, even when they don't agree!)

Brian

stroppygoblin
08-06-2015, 07:06 AM
' :rose: ' ' :rose:
:rose::rose: :rose::rose:
:rose::rose::rose::rose:
':rose::rose::rose:
' :rose::rose::rose:
' ':rose::rose:
' ':rose:

Flowers For Mindy - she does an awesome job!

webstar1000
08-06-2015, 07:20 AM

Ill second that! She can't always serve each customer like they are the only one. I understand that 100%! The folks at CD do more than most... I can darn well attest to that!

wolfehr
08-06-2015, 07:25 AM

+1 I know I'm not always the easiest customer, and Mindy always handles every situation with the utmost professionalism. Basically, she rocks.

DanHocker
08-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Cemetery Dance Publications
Launches Brand New eBook Series:
The Cemetery Dance Select Series!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/newsletter/CDSelectSeries.jpg

First Titles Include Michael Marshall Smith, Peter Atkins, Terry Dowling, John R. Little, Lisa Morton, Jeff Strand, Lee Thomas, Lisa Tuttle, Kealan Patrick Burke, Bev Vincent, and Kaaron Warren!

Available For IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD!

Hi Folks!

We're very pleased to announce a brand new eBook series that is exclusive from Cemetery Dance Publications, the Cemetery Dance Select series!

This new series invites some of our favorite authors to spotlight a sampling of their own short fiction: award-winners, stories they consider their best or that had the most impact on their career—or neglected favorites they feel deserve a second look.

Long-time fans will enjoy revisiting some classic tales. New readers will find this series a handy introduction to each author’s best work.

Each Cemetery Dance Select mini-collection includes an exclusive Afterword where the author explains the reasoning behind each selection, and provides insights into the writing of each story.

Michael Marshall Smith
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_smithm01)

Peter Atkins
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_atkins02)

Terry Dowling
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_dowling01)

John R. Little
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_little11)

Lisa Morton
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_morton03)

Jeff Strand
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_strand01)

Lee Thomas
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_thomas02)

Lisa Tuttle
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_tuttle01)

Kealan Patrick Burke
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_burke02)

Bev Vincent
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_vincen02)

Kaaron Warren
CLICK HERE (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/e_warren01)

Bev Vincent
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
:thumbsup:

dnemec
08-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Don't have an e-reader, but I am very happy to see Jeff Strand among the authors. He's a great guy and an amusing read!

Scoogs
08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
I posted this in the other author's classified thread, but the conversation upthread, this is also an appropriate place to mention it.

I'm selling my matching lettered set of World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide at my cost.
$500 shipped.

webstar1000
08-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I posted this in the other author's classified thread, but the conversation upthread, this is also an appropriate place to mention it.

I'm selling my matching lettered set of World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide at my cost.
$500 shipped.

Ill take World War Z for $79.99 then... if I must!

bdwyer19
08-06-2015, 11:19 AM

$500 shipped.

Ha!! Good one!

Scoogs
08-06-2015, 01:15 PM

$500 shipped.

Ha, I wish that was my cost.
That would have been a lot better than preordering WWZ at full issue price.

Br!an
08-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Don't have an e-reader, but I am very happy to see Jeff Strand among the authors. He's a great guy and an amusing read!

Calibre is a free reader that works with all formats on your computer.

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

It's not as convenient as a portable reader but it works great if you don't mind reading at your computer.

It also converts the various file types to any of the others.

Bev Vincent
08-06-2015, 01:43 PM
There's also a Kindle program for PCs.

bdwyer19
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
When are the Finders Keepers slipcases expected to be ready?

AKC
08-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Those with a Riding the Bullet Lettered Edition, did you ever get your tray case to close all the way?

I've had my copy from a couple of years AND, Brian sent me a new case but none of the cases close all the way.....

Curious is all....

Room 217 Caretaker
08-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Those with a Riding the Bullet Lettered Edition, did you ever get your tray case to close all the way?

I've had my copy from a couple of years AND, Brian sent me a new case but none of the cases close all the way.....

Curious is all....

Nope, they all do this. When I got Letter B in I called the CD team to discuss. The case needed to have a little more depth so the book itself didn't hit the lid of the tray case when closed.

Mulleins

KingKorn
08-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I received one of my two mystery Lettered editions from CD today. I first bought just an unsigned (no-tip) Lettered for $35, but eventually talked myself into going back and making another order for a signed Lettered for $79. The signed edition has shipped but not arrived yet.

For the unsigned, I got a copy of Julianna Baggott's Pure. Really a beautiful production by Cemetery Dance. This is the first Lettered of theirs that I've handled. Anyone else receive their Random Lettered Sampler order yet?

TCCBodhi
08-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Nope, mine is still coming, whatever it is.....Media Mail!! so the Tracking number doesn't really give a lot of detail about where it actually IS! I think I only get Starting Point and Ending PointI never remember that and it ALWAYS aggravates me!! Plus, they seem to miss getting the orange cards into my box.

Roseannebarr
08-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Brian, Have you shipped drunken fireworks yet? Been a month and 1/2. Thanks!

Kingfan24
08-08-2015, 08:20 PM

Curious is all....

Nope, they all do this. When I got Letter B in I called the CD team to discuss. The case needed to have a little more depth so the book itself didn't hit the lid of the tray case when closed.

Mulleins

It's the same thing with the "s/l" Carrie.

jonp
08-09-2015, 01:19 AM

Curious is all....

Mulleins

Yes, mine does not close completely. It can be closed under light pressure but relaxes to 6-7mm open.

richardsrarebooks
08-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Haven't received my two lettered editions yet. Tracking says it's still in North Carolina. Hope to get them this week.

TCCBodhi
08-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Nope, mine is still coming, whatever it is.....Media Mail!! so the Tracking number doesn't really give a lot of detail about where it actually IS! I think I only get Starting Point and Ending Point. I never remember that and it ALWAYS aggravates me!! Plus, they seem to miss getting the orange cards into my box.

and not making this a complaint about CD at all. This is no ones fault but my own for using this particular form of USPS shipping.

Roseannebarr
08-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Did anyone order Drunken Fireworks from CD? If so, did you receive it yet? Waiting for my copy! Thanks!

tippy4
08-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Nope, mine is still coming, whatever it is.....Media Mail!! so the Tracking number doesn't really give a lot of detail about where it actually IS! I think I only get Starting Point and Ending Point. I never remember that and it ALWAYS aggravates me!! Plus, they seem to miss getting the orange cards into my box.

and not making this a complaint about CD at all. This is no ones fault but my own for using this particular form of USPS shipping.

Media Mail tracking is no different than Priority Mail tracking as far as I know.

tippy4
08-09-2015, 09:40 AM

Curious is all....

Mine does not either....but I attribute that mostly to the Brodart cover I put on the DJ.

Br!an
08-09-2015, 10:15 AM
USPS tracking is the same regardless.

KingKorn
08-09-2015, 10:49 AM
In my personal experience tracking updates for Media Mail shipments are much spottier. Sometimes they're scanned along the way, but often they're not. Priority Mail is almost always scanned on arrival and departure from each sort hub.

Again, just my experience. I can commiserate with TCCBodhi. But I never have anyone to blame but myself for choosing the lower class of shipping service.

Br!an
08-09-2015, 04:28 PM
My tracking reads, Accepted at Forest Hill, MD; Arrived at Greensboro, NC; Arrived at Jacksonville, FL.

It should arrive at the local PO overnight and be delivered tomorrow.

edit: Departed Jacksonville @ 2:33 am which means it's at my PO waiting to be scanned in.

DanHocker
08-10-2015, 05:47 AM
FYI probably only three quarters of the lettered editions from that bundle have actually shipped, though everyone has probably gotten shipping notices already. I unfortunately had to switch gears and work on something else in the middle of shipping those, the orders are all put together, just have to get them in boxes at this point.

As far as Drunken Fireworks goes, they arrived a little while ago, I just haven't had a chance to work them into the shipping schedule yet. They should ship this week though, I have shipping supplies for them arriving today.

KingKorn
08-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Ah, yes I see. I just went back and looked at my shipping notice for the Signed Lettered sampler and it's still showing as shipping label created in Forest Hill on the 4th August.

It's sometimes a bit of a tease getting shipping notification emails from CD. It often means you're close in the 'out-the-door' queue, but never know how many days from notification it'll be til your package actually does go out the door.

DanHocker
08-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Ah, yes I see. I just went back and looked at my shipping notice for the Signed Lettered sampler and it's still showing as shipping label created in Forest Hill on the 4th August.

It's sometimes a bit of a tease getting shipping notification emails from CD. It often means you're close in the 'out-the-door' queue, but never know how many days from notification it'll be til your package actually does go out the door.

Usually it's a bit closer to the actual shipping date.

Brian James Freeman
08-10-2015, 07:54 AM
When are the Finders Keepers slipcases expected to be ready?

Ask me on Friday when I get my next update from the slipcase maker and I should have a pretty good idea! :)

DanHocker
08-10-2015, 08:10 AM
As to the Riding the Bullet lettered editions. That book was actually the last time we've produced a case for a lettered edition from a "Dummy Book". The cases ended up being a bit too tight and by the time we realized it was too late to actually do anything about it. We ended up picking the very best of the bunch and putting probably 50 lbs of weight on them with the books in the cases. This got them to a point we deemed them "passable" though obviously not ideal.

With Carrie though, from my experience the cases are technically closed the whole way, though it appears as though they are not. I think it's just due to a slight variation in the depth of the outer wall of the case from case to case. This makes it appear on some cases as if the cases doesn't actually close the whole way, when in reality the inner wall of the case is the entire way against the front board. It's honestly so slight of a difference that the only way we even knew it was happening was because a customer who did notice pointed it out to us.

Brian James Freeman
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Someone asked a while back if I could post a photo of the Interoffice Proof we printed of 'Salem's Lot and I just finally remembered:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotOfficeProof.jpg

Fun fact about these: this will probably be the "most different" proof we've ever had in terms of things that CHANGED between this version and the final version. Not only are some of the "bonus features" missing from this version (like the reproductions of the Doubleday letters from Bob Jackson's collection), but this was the pass where we realized the files from the trade publisher were missing many of King's italics and even section headers. That was one of the major production delays on this project because a copyeditor had to sit down with an original hardcover of the book and correct problems that had crept into the trade design files over the many, many reprintings over the years.

Brian

Br!an
08-10-2015, 08:55 AM
I received my lettered editions; Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters and The Ruins.

webstar1000
08-10-2015, 09:02 AM
I received my lettered editions; Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters and The Ruins.

Ruins is cool!

Br!an
08-10-2015, 09:05 AM
I had the SL already, of Cannibal Sisters too.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Someone asked a while back if I could post a photo of the Interoffice Proof we printed of 'Salem's Lot and I just finally remembered:

Fun fact about these: this will probably be the "most different" proof we've ever had in terms of things that CHANGED between this version and the final version. Not only are some of the "bonus features" missing from this version (like the reproductions of the Doubleday letters from Bob Jackson's collection), but this was the pass where we realized the files from the trade publisher were missing many of King's italics and even section headers. That was one of the major production delays on this project because a copyeditor had to sit down with an original hardcover of the book and correct problems that had crept into the trade design files over the many, many reprintings over the years.

Brian

Fantastic, Brian! That looks awesome!! :thumbsup:

zelig
08-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Nice! Thanks for posting the picture Brian.

racerx45
08-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Brian

Thanks for sharing the photo and info. If you need help disposing of them I’d be happy to help out. Send them over, postage due is fine.

DoctorZaius
08-10-2015, 09:20 AM
As always Brian, it's great to see the inside story of how a book comes to its final form. Thanks for sharing.

Brian James Freeman
08-10-2015, 09:23 AM

I liked how both of those turned out a lot. There's something about the compact presentation of DINNER that makes it feel like an ancient volume you might find tucked away in a used bookstore that is surrounded by urban decay. And I love the endpapers and the feel of THE RUINS.

Brian

Pasiuk57
08-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Brian
looks great...
great story of the development.

TCCBodhi
08-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Oh, now I'm just that much more excited for Salem's Lot! I'm REALLY looking forward to this one!

wolfehr
08-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian! Love the story and cover! I'm extra excited now :)

wolfehr
08-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Lettered edition sampler arrived! I got The Zombie Survival Guide, Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters, and The Ruins. All fantastic productions.

Ben Staad
08-10-2015, 04:57 PM
What happened with Dark Advent? I appreciate the email, and I don't think it was listed as containing, however a missing author afterword seems like a big deal. Just curious and not trying to create an issue.

TCCBodhi
08-10-2015, 07:15 PM
FYI probably only three quarters of the lettered editions from that bundle have actually shipped, though everyone has probably gotten shipping notices already. I unfortunately had to switch gears and work on something else in the middle of shipping those, the orders are all put together, just have to get them in boxes at this point.

Oh, Dan, you tease! Oh cruel, cruel fate that my package sits there in Maryland with a shipping label but no movement! :) J/K! I love the anticipation (just not TOO much longer for my poor heart!)

DanHocker
08-11-2015, 05:56 AM
What happened with Dark Advent? I appreciate the email, and I don't think it was listed as containing, however a missing author afterword seems like a big deal. Just curious and not trying to create an issue.

Mixup at the printer. We actually caught the error at a time it could be corrected and sent the printer an updated file, however the printer ended up using the old file by mistake.

WeDealInLead
08-11-2015, 06:01 AM

Mixup at the printer. We actually caught the error at a time it could be corrected and sent the printer an updated file, however the printer ended up using the old file by mistake.

Any chance CD could print these with an official CD letterhead? That'd be really neat and the missing pages would be right where they should be. It'd be similar to the Insomnia errata sheet.

Langolier
08-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Any news about Revised & Updated "The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance" by Robin Furth?

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Any news about Revised & Updated "The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance" by Robin Furth?

Robin sent us some updated/revised maps, which we're popping into the design, and then I think everything should be ready as soon as the signature sheets come back. So we're looking at getting this rolling in very early fall. I can't project a pub date yet because 'SALEM'S LOT gets started later this month and the King books completely wreck the printer's ability to hit their target dates for our other projects. I've given up on guessing because they end up devoting extra teams to the SK stuff and nothing else happens on time. But this doorstop of a book is finally getting close. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

webstar1000
08-11-2015, 08:46 AM

Robin sent us some updated/revised maps, which we're popping into the design, and then I think everything should be ready as soon as the signature sheets come back. So we're looking at getting this rolling in very early fall. I can't project a pub date yet because 'SALEM'S LOT gets started later this month and the King books completely wreck the printer's ability to hit their target dates for our other projects. I've given up on guessing because they end up devoting extra teams to the SK stuff and nothing else happens on time. But this doorstop of a book is finally getting close. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

Wow I am impressed with how large your going for this one... I imagine the Stand will break records then Brian!

Langolier
08-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Brian, thanks for your answer!

KingKorn
08-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Any chance CD could print these with an official CD letterhead? That'd be really neat and the missing pages would be right where they should be. It'd be similar to the Insomnia errata sheet.

I second this idea, Brian, or something similar. It is a bit of a disappointment to have the author's afterword missing from an exclusive limited edition when it was intended to be included. The pdf on the website is great in making the content widely available, but seems a little less than ideal for those who've just finished gently reading their beautifully produced Dark Advent S/L. Setting it down, pulling out your phone or laptop, and firing up your web browser to read the author's afterword on a digital screen is a different experience.

Something like WeDeal InLead's suggestion would surely go a long way to satisfying customer expectations, and possibly even enhancing future value for those who manage to keep their erratas or similar in mint condition. Just my 22 cents.

richardsrarebooks
08-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Received my CD random sampler: "The Ruins" and "Fangoria". Very nice books.

Brian James Freeman
08-14-2015, 10:18 AM
As requested, here are two quick photos of the advance review copy of 'SALEM'S LOT by Stephen King:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotARC1.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotARC2.jpg

We called this an Advance Uncorrected Proof because there was still proofreading to go AND material to add. In fact, just today we decided to re-arrange the bonus material a bit, so the final version will have a slightly different TOC than this copy.

Brian

zelig
08-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Very nice Brian. Thanks for posting it!

TCCBodhi
08-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks Brian! Even those of us that don't really get access to these enjoy seeing and reading about them! If you ever need a proofer.....! :)

killjoy72
08-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Gimme! :drool:

_PCC_
08-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Any word on Finders Keepers slipcases?

Brian James Freeman
08-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Any word on Finders Keepers slipcases?

Look to be about 7 weeks out according to the report I received today!

Brian

TCCBodhi
08-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Today brought the fantastic Fangoria: Cover To Cover - Letter J to my door today! I'm enjoying taking a look at all the covers over the years!

CyberGhostface
08-14-2015, 09:54 PM
In regards to the Doubleday Years, how many of you are only getting a select few as opposed to the complete collection?

Jimimck
08-14-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm only getting some. Ones I don't currently have a special edition of.

allasorte
08-15-2015, 03:28 AM
In regards to the Doubleday Years, how many of you are only getting a select few as opposed to the complete collection?

I believe there are only 6 books for this, regardless, I'm going for them all with the same numbered edition. Which then ads a question. The next book is The Shining. I know previous purchases allowed buyers to order it early and I had no money at the time to pay for it. When can we order it? Anyone know?

Br!an
08-15-2015, 04:18 AM
I haven't seen it for sale yet.

Ben Staad
08-15-2015, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. I hope he/she was scolded.

Brian James Freeman
08-15-2015, 05:09 AM

I believe there are only 6 books for this, regardless, I'm going for them all with the same numbered edition. Which then ads a question. The next book is The Shining. I know previous purchases allowed buyers to order it early and I had no money at the time to pay for it. When can we order it? Anyone know?

'Salem's Lot collectors who ordered directly from us will be given advance notice and then the Collector's Club will be offered the remaining copies and then the book will be offered to the general public. This will happen after 'Salem's Lot ships. 'Salem's Lot is starting at the printer this month and I'll be placing the dummy book order to get the slipcases rolling next week. Fun times!

Brian

jsmcmullen92
08-15-2015, 07:55 AM

'Salem's Lot collectors who ordered directly from us will be given advance notice and then the Collector's Club will be offered the remaining copies and then the book will be offered to the general public. This will happen after 'Salem's Lot ships. 'Salem's Lot is starting at the printer this month and I'll be placing the dummy book order to get the slipcases rolling next week. Fun times!

Brian

I already have my order confirmation for mine from back in June.

Dan
08-15-2015, 08:25 AM

Brian

I already have my order confirmation for mine from back in June.

As do I

allasorte
08-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Brian

Thanks Brian. My Salem's Lot was from my SK grab bag so I'm assuming it's ordered. I'll just keep my eyes posted for The Shining email :).

TCCBodhi
08-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks Brian! I can't imagine keeping all your projects going, both King & non-King. I have to keep email folders for every single order otherwise I would have no idea what I'm expecting anymore!

I'm on board for the whole Doubleday series most definitely as they have always been consistently some of my favorites. I REALLY hope (and am sure that they are) that the "lesser books" get the same attention and treatment that Salems, Shining & The Stand most surely are going to get, but I don't have any worries that they'll be anything less than stellar books!

Randall Flagg
08-15-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm not at home right now, but I got a call that my CD lettered arrived. I had it opened for me.
I swear there was no fix in. I swear.

Jimimck
08-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Ha! Great stuff RF! Glad to hear you got one of what in assuming is WWZ.

Randall Flagg
08-15-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm just going to send the book back and have them sell it to someone else.
That or do a lottery on the site.

CyberGhostface
08-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Ordered Carrie. Figured I might as well given that I'll be getting Salem's Lot through The Stand at least.

WeDealInLead
08-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Hello CD team, big Brian Hodge fan and collector writing. The Dark Advent deal is a major bummer. New material was a major selling point for this book. Your lack of action to correct this oversight is a bummer too. Customers already paid for the full book, you already paid the printer for the full book so somewhere out there is the $ to print up errata sheets and mail them to customers. At worst you'd be out a stamp, but seeing as most of us here are your repeat customers, you could just throw one in with whatever you're shipping next.

Most of people on here can't relate or don't particularly care about this issue, but had this happened to a new King limited you can bet they'd be readying their tar and feathers. It's doubtful that reading the pdf file on your website would've been enough to calm the wrath of a King collector wronged.

There's probably be a good chance you're going to take what I wrote the wrong way, but again, I didn't write this in anger but out of disappointment.

Brian James Freeman
08-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback, WeDealInLead. It's always appreciated.

Brian

Ben Staad
08-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Good post. That is the way I feel on this as well. I thought about printing one out myself and did ask for some info from CD.

Hello CD team, big Brian Hodge fan and collector writing. The Dark Advent deal is a major bummer. New material was a major selling point for this book. Your lack of action to correct this oversight is a bummer too. Customers already paid for the full book, you already paid the printer for the full book so somewhere out there is the $ to print up errata sheets and mail them to customers. At worst you'd be out a stamp, but seeing as most of us here are your repeat customers, you could just throw one in with whatever you're shipping next.

Most of people on here can't relate or don't particularly care about this issue, but had this happened to a new King limited you can bet they'd be readying their tar and feathers. It's doubtful that reading the pdf file on your website would've been enough to calm the wrath of a King collector wronged.

There's probably be a good chance you're going to take what I wrote the wrong way, but again, I didn't write this in anger but out of disappointment.

Brian James Freeman
08-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Good post. That is the way I feel on this as well. I thought about printing one out myself and did ask for some info from CD.

We'll have the next update about this sometime this week, too, if you'd like to wait for more information.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-17-2015, 10:06 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotMap.jpg

Brian

Merlin1958
08-17-2015, 10:08 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SalemsLotMap.jpg

Brian

Oh, I really like that!!!! Good job, CD and Glen!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

T-Dogz_AK47
08-17-2015, 10:24 AM
OMG! That artwork is absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glenn Chadbourne, ROCKS!!!!! :rock: :rock:

mattgreenbean
08-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Love when I can follow a story with a map.

TCCBodhi
08-17-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm getting so excited for this book! Thanks for sharing Brian

Theli
08-17-2015, 12:13 PM
I concur with all the posters above.

The Library Policeman
08-17-2015, 12:26 PM
And I concur with Theli. :)

KingKorn
08-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Definitely excellent artwork, Brian. Thanks for sharing!

A couple questions:

Can you give us an idea of how close you are to selling out the Gift Edition of Salem's?
And totally separate project, how is Gone Girl coming? Latest update on the Production Updates page was made a couple months back if memory serves right. Any more news?

webstar1000
08-18-2015, 02:48 AM
I am pumped for this release but more so I think for the Stand. I really hope CD knocks it out of the park!

stroppygoblin
08-18-2015, 03:55 AM
I am pumped for this release but more so I think for the Stand. I really hope CD knocks it out of the park!

Me too, Obviously the Original Coffin Stand is always going to be the holy grail on this book, but when I look at the size of CD's Carrie compared to the original 1st Edition, I start imagining just how big this new Stand Limited is going to be.... :scared:

Brian - I am designing my new bespoke book case and have already made special provision for the enormous Knowing Darkness - please tell me NOW if I should be worried... :unsure:

webstar1000
08-18-2015, 04:02 AM

Me too, Obviously the Original Coffin Stand is always going to be the holy grail on this book, but when I look at the size of CD's Carrie compared to the original 1st Edition, I start imagining just how big this new Stand Limited is going to be.... :scared:

Brian - I am designing my new bespoke book case and have already made special provision for the enormous Knowing Darkness - please tell me NOW if I should be worried... :unsure:

Great point Simon... While I was not blown away by Carrie.. it was a nice production. I think Salems will be MUCH better. It is the second largest King book produced by them next only to IT.... so imagine the STAND????!!!!! It should be the largest yet.

One thing that bothered me about these books were using artists that have never done a King limited before though. A "homage" to the artists should have been artists involved in previous books. But art is art and so far the art is not bad at all. Really hope a well known artist is used for the last book... and has worked on a King book in the past.

Merlin1958
08-18-2015, 05:28 AM

Great point Simon... While I was not blown away by Carrie.. it was a nice production. I think Salems will be MUCH better. It is the second largest King book produced by them next only to IT.... so imagine the STAND????!!!!! It should be the largest yet.

One thing that bothered me about these books were using artists that have never done a King limited before though. A "homage" to the artists should have been artists involved in previous books. But art is art and so far the art is not bad at all. Really hope a well known artist is used for the last book... and has worked on a King book in the past.

I have to disagree with you, Kris I think it's a good thing to get the take of other artists on these editions. Also, utilizing different artists tends to set these editions apart from the originals, which I also see as a good thing. JMHO

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Can you give us an idea of how close you are to selling out the Gift Edition of Salem's?

If we fill the distributor orders, we sold out about six months ago... ha! There are a few hundred copies left at this point, which we're going to reserve for direct sales and our friends who own indie bookstores.

And totally separate project, how is Gone Girl coming? Latest update on the Production Updates page was made a couple months back if memory serves right. Any more news?

Ah, I forgot to update that on the Production Updates page! Here is the June 29 update that went out via email:

"The signature sheets have arrived back safely from the author and we’ll be sending everything to the printer in July. The book will take approximately 12 weeks at the printer. When the books are completed, we’ll send a finished copy of the book to our slipcase and traycase makers for sizing purposes. This will guarantee the slipcases and traycases are sized perfectly to fit the books. Once they have a finished copy of the book, they’ll get to work and the slipcases should take approximately 12 weeks to complete and the traycases will take approximately 16 weeks to complete."

We also upgraded the binding material for the Limited Edition, but we haven't announced that anywhere yet.

Brian

wolfehr
08-18-2015, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the update Brian! Greatly appreciate the progress reports. Just FYI, I think there might be a typo in the update. It mentions signatures sheets arriving back safely from the author.

"The signature sheets have arrived back safely from the author

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the update Brian! Greatly appreciate the progress reports. Just FYI, I think there might be a typo in the update. It mentions signatures sheets arriving back safely from the author.

"The signature sheets have arrived back safely from the author

:)

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Really hope a well known artist is used for the last book... and has worked on a King book in the past.

As you know, we're not ready to announce this yet and won't be for a while, but I will say... yes, the Pet Sematary artist has worked on an SK book before. Also, The Shining artist has before... and so has the cover artist for Night Shift, although not a Limited Edition...! There's actually a really nice (I think!) mix of new and old in this group. I hope you dig how the books turn out!

Brian

webstar1000
08-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Really hope a well known artist is used for the last book... and has worked on a King book in the past.

As you know, we're not ready to announce this yet and won't be for a while, but I will say... yes, the Pet Sematary artist has worked on an SK book before. Also, The Shining artist has before... and so has the cover artist for Night Shift, although not a Limited Edition...! There's actually a really nice (I think!) mix of new and old in this group. I hope you dig how the books turn out!

Brian

This is great news!! I like hearing that:)

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Not Stephen King related, but here are the endpapers for a Lettered Edition we'll be publishing this fall... I really like how this one turned out:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/endpapersample.jpg

Brian

racerx45
08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
looks great!

wolfehr
08-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Not Stephen King related, but here are the endpapers for a Lettered Edition we'll be publishing this fall... I really like how this one turned out:

Brian

Me too! That's outstanding.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-18-2015, 01:23 PM

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/endpapersample.jpg

Brian

Very nice, Brian! Those endpapers are truly stunning! :thumbsup:

Although this book is not Stephen King related, the distinct style of the endpapers make me think that it is most certainly Clive Barker related.... :ninja:

Jimimck
08-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Brian/Dan, I know there was a little delay in shipping the random Lettereds after some of the shipping notices were sent, but just wondering if the have all gone out yet? Thank you.

KingKorn
08-18-2015, 05:01 PM

If we fill the distributor orders, we sold out about six months ago... ha! There are a few hundred copies left at this point, which we're going to reserve for direct sales and our friends who own indie bookstores.

Ah, I forgot to update that on the Production Updates page! Here is the June 29 update that went out via email:

"The signature sheets have arrived back safely from the author and we’ll be sending everything to the printer in July. The book will take approximately 12 weeks at the printer. When the books are completed, we’ll send a finished copy of the book to our slipcase and traycase makers for sizing purposes. This will guarantee the slipcases and traycases are sized perfectly to fit the books. Once they have a finished copy of the book, they’ll get to work and the slipcases should take approximately 12 weeks to complete and the traycases will take approximately 16 weeks to complete."

We also upgraded the binding material for the Limited Edition, but we haven't announced that anywhere yet.

Brian

Thanks very much for both updates, Brian!

Br!an
08-18-2015, 05:15 PM

Brian

I saw some of Don's work on The Shining in Sarasota last year. I already dig it! :cool:

zelig
08-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Yeah, that painting he had there of the outside of the hotel was really impressive.

Br!an
08-18-2015, 05:25 PM
With the "spirit" rising.

I think he said that was the cover.

webstar1000
08-19-2015, 03:40 AM
Yeah I was blown away by Don's work and REALLY enjoyed the stories of how he did the artwork. I hope to add a piece to my art collection that I seen. AMAZING stuff!

DanHocker
08-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Brian/Dan, I know there was a little delay in shipping the random Lettereds after some of the shipping notices were sent, but just wondering if the have all gone out yet? Thank you.

Yep they've all been sent out now. If you haven't gotten a notice, shoot me an email with your customer account info and I'll check on it for you.

jsweet
08-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Received my Lettereds the other day. Very nice production quality. I ended up ordering two of the signed and two of the unsigned and got unsigned copies of A Simple Plan and The Ruins and signed copies of The Zombie Survival Guide and The Language of Fear.

Again, I cannot speak highly enough of the production quality on these. These are the first of the new-style CD lettered editions that I've seen and I'm very impressed.

Jimimck
08-19-2015, 05:54 PM
I

Yep they've all been sent out now. If you haven't gotten a notice, shoot me an email with your customer account info and I'll check on it for you.

Oh thank you. I got a shipping notice a while ago but was just wondering if mine was one of the orders that was delayed a little. Thanks for the update.

Tommy
08-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters is the Lettered copy I wanted most from the random promotion and it is exactly the one I got! I LOVE this book Brian, it is gorgeous and one of my very favorite possessions now. I believe it to be one of CD's finest productions. Thanks so much!

Brian James Freeman
08-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters is the Lettered copy I wanted most from the random promotion and it is exactly the one I got! I LOVE this book Brian, it is gorgeous and one of my very favorite possessions now. I believe it to be one of CD's finest productions. Thanks so much!

I really love how that one turned out! Every aspect of the production plays perfectly into the type of story Doug told, I think.

Brian

Tommy
08-19-2015, 07:19 PM

I really love how that one turned out! Every aspect of the production plays perfectly into the type of story Doug told, I think.

Brian

Absolutely! I don't think you could have done anything better with this one. I love the kind of "old world" feel to it. Also, you can contact the dead with the endpapers! Can't ask for more than that. :evil:

Ben Staad
08-21-2015, 10:44 AM
I waited. Thank you very much. This is why CD is the best in the biz.

We'll have the next update about this sometime this week, too, if you'd like to wait for more information.

Brian

TCCBodhi
08-21-2015, 07:14 PM
CD is doing an excellent job of tempting me on a daily basis, and a successful job on beginning to change me to being not STRICTLY a Stephen King Collector.

richardsrarebooks
08-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Cemetery Dance book club is back for CDCC members! Looking forward to seeing what they send me.

Cwalker
08-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Just signed up for one of the last 25 Book Club slots mentioned in todays email.
Kinda scared to spend that kinda money sight unseen, but with the reputaion that CD has in this forum i have to try it once!

webstar1000
08-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Just signed up for one of the last 25 Book Club slots mentioned in todays email.
Kinda scared to spend that kinda money sight unseen, but with the reputaion that CD has in this forum i have to try it once!

Yeah me too... I don't think I have ever heard someone complain! It's my 1st time and where there is King involved it has to be good:)

richardsrarebooks
08-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Been in their book club multiple times and never disappointed. At $14 a book, for a signed limited edition, it's a no brainer.

KingKorn
08-24-2015, 04:46 PM
As did I. Was thinking I'd pass on this club (I've joined every one CD has offered over the last year), but those marketing emails the CD folks send will wear you down! Next one will be 'Just 5 memberships left!!! Hurry, you idiot!!'

And they're probably right. I'd probably feel like an idiot in a few months when everyone's getting their 7 S/L's for $100 bucks, and there's several very cool ones in there.

What intrigued me the most, and really gets credit for convincing me to pull the trigger is that 6 of the 7 books are completely unannounced. That means with one exception, these will NOT be editions CD has already announced that I intentionally skipped, or a double of something I've already bought.

Cwalker
08-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Been in their book club multiple times and never disappointed. At $14 a book, for a signed limited edition, it's a no brainer.

I have no doubt that it is the smart move, but as i have mentioned elswhere (i think) for me $100 is huge.
It is with the utmost repect and no small amount of jealosy for everyone here that i must note that some people here will drop on one S/L what my wife and i make in an entire month combined! I'm not whining (i don't think), just the simple reality of my position right now.

That being said, I'm glad i did this and very excited to see what arrives!!!
Thanks everyone, and CD!!
Chris

TCCBodhi
08-24-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm looking forward to them as well, and very excited to see what the SK relate item will be. My suspicion is that it may be perhaps Bev Vincent's or Robin Furth's excellent Dark Tower editions, but that is an utter guess. Could conceivably be a Salem's Gift, but doubt it since they aren't signed. Or maybe we'l be COMPLETELY surprised and it will be something entirely off of our radar! Any other guesses?

Such a great deal when $14.00 get's you a new paperback or two perhaps.

MLG
08-24-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm looking forward to them as well, and very excited to see what the SK relate item will be. My suspicion is that it may be perhaps Bev Vincent's or Robin Furth's excellent Dark Tower editions, but that is an utter guess. Could conceivably be a Salem's Gift, but doubt it since they aren't signed. Or maybe we'l be COMPLETELY surprised and it will be something entirely off of our radar! Any other guesses?

Just a guess but I think the 'Something special for King fans' will be a book by Kevin Quigley.

webstar1000
08-25-2015, 03:16 AM
CD could surprise ya... what about a Salems Portfolio? Or yes.. Bev's book.. which be cool too. Be interested to see what comes along. Kind of excited!

frik
08-25-2015, 04:07 AM
There just has to be a Salem's Lot portfolio....and one from The Shining......Night Shift......
Well, you get the idea....

Still waiting for the Carrie portfolio though. Has been awhile since I ordered it.

sk

webstar1000
08-25-2015, 04:12 AM
There just has to be a Salem's Lot portfolio....and one from The Shining......Night Shift......

Still waiting for the Carrie portfolio though. Has been awhile since I ordered it.

sk

Every book commands one... part of the set!

Kingfan24
08-25-2015, 04:25 AM

sk

Yeah - I was just thinking about that today. When they heck are they supposed to be out?

Johnny Alien
08-25-2015, 05:02 AM
My suspicion is that it may be perhaps Bev Vincent's or Robin Furth's excellent Dark Tower editions, but that is an utter guess.

This was my thought as well.

dnemec
08-25-2015, 05:15 AM
Quick question--how long does it take to get a gift certificate that I ordered from CD? Not being impatient, I just forget things after awhile...

DanHocker
08-25-2015, 05:23 AM
Quick question--how long does it take to get a gift certificate that I ordered from CD? Not being impatient, I just forget things after awhile...

I don't think it takes that long. If you haven't gotten yours I'd email Mindy about it.

Roseannebarr
08-25-2015, 05:23 AM
Quick question--how long does it take to get a gift certificate that I ordered from CD? Not being impatient, I just forget things after awhile.... Mine came by email immediately after ordering!

Br!an
08-25-2015, 05:26 AM

Just a guess but I think the 'Something special for King fans' will be a book by Kevin Quigley.

... or Richard Chizmar. Maybe he'll bind the Revisited essays.

webstar1000
08-25-2015, 05:45 AM

I don't think it takes that long. If you haven't gotten yours I'd email Mindy about it.

I ordered a gift card in I think May or June and STILL have not received it! It was the promo that gave you $50 for $50... did others not get this yet either?

dnemec
08-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Quick question--how long does it take to get a gift certificate that I ordered from CD? Not being impatient, I just forget things after awhile.... Mine came by email immediately after ordering!

Hmmm...I got a confirmation immediately, but no code. I hate to bother Mindy since she's always to busy...perhaps I'll give it a couple more days. Thanks guys!

WeDealInLead
08-25-2015, 05:54 AM
Brian, thanks a lot for taking care of the Dark Advent issue. You're the man, man.

Brian James Freeman
08-25-2015, 05:59 AM

It's pretty much sent within seconds of the order completing, so if you didn't receive an email with your Gift Certificate code, just drop Mindy a line and she'll look it up for you! The emails sometimes get snagged in ISP's spam filters.

Brian

Bev Vincent
08-25-2015, 06:24 AM
... or Richard Chizmar. Maybe he'll bind the Revisited essays.

We'll more than likely do that, but we're a year (or two) away from reaching the endzone on that one, and King keeps moving the goalposts.

dnemec
08-25-2015, 06:31 AM

It's pretty much sent within seconds of the order completing, so if you didn't receive an email with your Gift Certificate code, just drop Mindy a line and she'll look it up for you! The emails sometimes get snagged in ISP's spam filters.

Brian

Alrighty, I'll bug Mindy. Thanks Brian.

TCCBodhi
08-25-2015, 11:33 AM

sk

Every book commands one... part of the set!

I agree, though we haven't yet seen the Carrie Portfolio, I love the idea that each book would have it's own set, along with original artwork opportunities, I'm becoming hooked on them!

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 03:31 AM
Hey all.... did anyone else get the list of Book Club signed books? I don't know a single author in mine. LOL Probably not for me in the future... anyways, I have some for sale if anyone is looking!

Johnny Alien
08-26-2015, 03:37 AM
I didn't get it....did they email it to you?

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 03:57 AM
yeah...

Johnny Alien
08-26-2015, 04:14 AM
Do they request that you don't share it? If so maybe you can message me. I am in that book club thing but never got a list.

jsmcmullen92
08-26-2015, 04:44 AM
Same here... What the heck you smoking up there in Canada Kris :lol: Now I am curious. All I got was an order confirmation.

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 04:48 AM
PM'd you both.

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 05:00 AM
yeah...

Now I'm really confused... WHO emailed you the list? Mindy didn't think she did and I haven't sent it to anyone... How and when did we send it to you? :)

Brian

Johnny Alien
08-26-2015, 05:04 AM
I apologize. I assumed based on the emails I had received that the books were the same for everyone. He was not offering to provide the info until I asked him to do so. I would say the problem lies with me and my understanding of the program. Sorry Brian.

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 05:04 AM
yeah...

General rule of thumb, if something is supposed to be a surprise like the books in the Book Club, don't share that information if someone gives it to you for some reason. Mainly because not everyone is getting exactly the same books, although most non-CDCC members probably will... and in general it's bad etiquette to share information you've been given in confidence. It certainly makes it very hard for someone to want to do you any favors in the future...

Brian

I apologize Brian... did not know that it was sent in secret as zero mention was given to not do so.

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 05:09 AM
[I apologize Brian... did not know that it was sent in secret as zero mention was given to not do so.

Now I'm really confused... WHO emailed you the list? Mindy didn't think she did and I haven't sent it to anyone... How and when did we send it to you? :)

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 05:09 AM
I apologize. I assumed based on the emails I had received that the books were the same for everyone. He was not offering to provide the info until I asked him to do so. I would say the problem lies with me and my understanding of the program. Sorry Brian.

No worries, I would have asked, too, if I saw someone post that they had the list! :)

Brian

webstar1000
08-26-2015, 05:11 AM
[I apologize Brian... did not know that it was sent in secret as zero mention was given to not do so.

I PM'd you what was sent to me.

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 05:17 AM

Lord, I'm an idiot. Sorry for the harshness of my previous reply, I obviously need my coffee before I post. We were having some trouble with someone yesterday whose email address is similar to your handle on here and I got you two mixed up. Very sorry about that!

So here's why you received the list: Mindy had to place a manual order for you because of that problem we've been having with getting your orders to go through the site, and our order management system sent you a confirmation email that included the list of books! Anyone ordering through the store wouldn't get that list because the store's confirmation email isn't configured to include that...

Sorry, I was a dolt! If those who did receive the list could keep it under your hats, that would be awesome.

Also, Kris, I have a customer who missed out on the club and would probably be happy to buy your membership if you'd rather pass on the deal. Drop me a line... Thanks!

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
08-26-2015, 09:09 AM
If those who did receive the list could keep it under your hats, that would be awesome.

Brian,

Get them to sign one of these.... LOL! ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/Mobile%20Uploads/Scan0001_zps9jh9n3jy.jpg

Roseannebarr
08-26-2015, 10:15 AM

Lord, I'm an idiot. Sorry for the harshness of my previous reply, I obviously need my coffee before I post. We were having some trouble with someone yesterday whose email address is similar to your handle on here and I got you two mixed up. Very sorry about that!

So here's why you received the list: Mindy had to place a manual order for you because of that problem we've been having with getting your orders to go through the site, and our order management system sent you a confirmation email that included the list of books! Anyone ordering through the store wouldn't get that list because the store's confirmation email isn't configured to include that...

Sorry, I was a dolt! If those who did receive the list could keep it under your hats, that would be awesome.

Also, Kris, I have a customer who missed out on the club and would probably be happy to buy your membership if you'd rather pass on the deal. Drop me a line... Thanks!

Brian

I sent Mindy an email to cancel my order, sounds like someone else really wants it! and i need to save my money for slipcases. lots of slipcases. and the SK books i bought yesterday! Thanks! Glen

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 11:10 AM
I sent Mindy an email to cancel my order, sounds like someone else really wants it! and i need to save my money for slipcases. lots of slipcases. and the SK books i bought yesterday! Thanks! Glen

Always need more slipcases! :)

Brian

Kingfan24
08-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Are there any production updates on the Carrie portfolio?

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Are there any production updates on the Carrie portfolio?

I'm not sure if we've posted or sent one in a while, but here's where it stands and a formal update WILL go out early next month!

The signature sheets are signed and the actual prints are being printed by a local printing company. We're playing around with folder designs because we decided to print the art on a heavier stock than we originally planned and the folder, as originally designed, didn't quite protect the art the way we want. We have three more sample folders on the way and we're 95% sure about one of them. If one of these works, I should be able to get a pretty firm production schedule from the maker and then we'll have our pub date.

Thanks to everyone for their patience on this project. It has taken longer than we would have liked, but we're HOPING it is building a nice foundation for a beautiful set of portfolios if everything works out okay!

Brian

TCCBodhi
08-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks Brian! I'm very excited about it, but definitely want the right folder that will keep my mailmen from messing it up! Thanks for making sure you are getting it right!

George at C-Springs
08-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Can I assume this isn't a secret anymore since it has now arrived? Thanks CD for being the middleman on these!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20150826_173727.jpg

jhanic
08-27-2015, 03:40 AM
:thumbsup:

John

MLG
08-27-2015, 06:36 AM
Can I assume this isn't a secret anymore since it has now arrived? Thanks CD for being the middleman on these!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20150826_173727.jpg

I passed on that one but it sure would have looked good in my den. Congratulations!

webstar1000
08-28-2015, 04:41 AM
Brian... I cannot for the life of me find who is doing Night Shift Artist.... I know the res (other than your secret Pet S artist! haha) but cannot remember that one... who is it?

burial
08-28-2015, 05:05 AM
Brian... I cannot for the life of me find who is doing Night Shift Artist.... I know the res (other than your secret Pet S artist! haha) but cannot remember that one... who is it?

Mark Stutzman???

webstar1000
08-28-2015, 05:07 AM

Mark Stutzman???

What that it? Has he done any other Kind limiteds? I am drawing a Friday BLANK. lol

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2015, 07:40 AM

Mark Stutzman???

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/NightShift_MarkStutzman_tease.jpg

Brian

Ben Mears
08-28-2015, 08:04 AM

Mark Stutzman???

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/NightShift_MarkStutzman_tease.jpg

Brian

It looks like the case for Children Of The Corn anyway!

Ben Mears
08-28-2015, 08:36 AM

Mark Stutzman???

What that it? Has he done any other Kind limiteds? I am drawing a Friday BLANK. lol

He did Simon & Schuster covers for From A Buick 8, Duma Key, Everything's Eventual, Cell and I think the special edition of Lisey's Story.

LostAlivE
08-28-2015, 08:57 AM

Always need more slipcases! :)

Brian

I need some more slipcases and the only reason I haven't ordered any is because of money. I love these slipcases CD are providing for us.