PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

webstar1000
02-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Good for u!!!

jsweet
02-28-2015, 12:38 PM
I've been wondering about that. It seemed too easy to make copies of these and sell as many as you wanted and obviously an unscrupulous seller could (and would) do that.

Glad you got your refund, at least!

Theli
03-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Part of the reason I wasn't too keen on picking up these unbound proofs on the secondary market. Too bad though.

KingKorn
03-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Hi Brian - any news on the Cemetery Dance Early Readers Exclusive Bundle?

I purchased back in early September, but haven't seen any updates yet. Unless I've missed them or not looking in the right place. Any info appreciated!

Dan
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM

I purchased back in early September, but haven't seen any updates yet. Unless I've missed them or not looking in the right place. Any info appreciated!

I received notice yesterday and it looks like it was delivered today.

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM

We accidentally shipped some of these orders to the wrong group of customers on Friday. Essentially, we filled the orders for the wrong product in our order management system by mistake. Luckily, a lot of those customers had ordered this anyway, so it worked out just fine for them. Some of those customers had not ordered this bundle, though, and we're working to recall those packages. We do have enough spare copies to cover any that don't come back or come back in less than perfect shape, etc.

If you ordered the "Cemetery Dance Early Readers Exclusive Bundle" back in September, please drop me a line via email at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com, just so I can double-check your order because we had to reset all of the orders, etc, to fix the problem. (JUST if you ordered this Bundle -- no other orders were affected by the error!)

Thank you!

Brian

Dan
03-03-2015, 12:36 PM

We accidentally shipped some of these orders to the wrong group of customers on Friday. Essentially, we filled the orders for the wrong product in our order management system by mistake. Luckily, a lot of those customers had ordered this anyway, so it worked out just fine for them. Some of those customers had not ordered this bundle, though, and we're working to recall those packages. We do have enough spare copies to cover any that don't come back or come back in less than perfect shape, etc.

If you ordered the "Cemetery Dance Early Readers Exclusive Bundle" back in September, please drop me a line via email at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com, just so I can double-check your order because we had to reset all of the orders, etc, to fix the problem. (JUST if you ordered this Bundle -- no other orders were affected by the error!)

Thank you!

Brian

That sucks! Fortunately, I was one who did order this, so it is correctly being delivered. I'm waiting for the "accidentally" delivered lettered King book where Mindy tells me to just hold onto it for my troubles. :)

Br!an
03-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I ordered one. Email sent.

I also received my February Book Club code. :orely: (I see you've remedied that!)

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I ordered one. Email sent.

I also received my February Book Club code. :orely: (I see you've remedied that!)

You know how it goes... one thing goes wrong and then while you're fixing that thing you make other mistakes because you have too much on your plate!

Brian

Jimimck
03-03-2015, 02:11 PM
How do I sign up for the "receive books you didn't order" group???:wink:

burial
03-03-2015, 02:15 PM

:clap:

T-Dogz_AK47
03-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi Brian,

I have a couple of questions regarding the future Doubleday Years books... :smile:

I absolutely adored the paper stock that was used for Carrie - both the ultra white color and extra thick weight, and was wondering if the rest of the series will have similar grade paper? I realise that extra heavy paper may cause a few problems when printing The Stand, but would you still be able to use ultra white colored paper for the rest of the series, as it really does look fantastic?

Will the future books in the series have the same red colored traycases like Carrie, in order to be uniform? Or will each book be more individual in theme with a different colored traycase?

Dan
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Just opened my Early Readers Club books. I'm happy! Thanks, CD!

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2015, 03:04 PM

Don't give Richard any ideas for a new special offer! ;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Hi Brian,

I have a couple of questions regarding the future Doubleday Years books... :smile:

I absolutely adored the paper stock that was used for Carrie - both the ultra white color and extra thick weight, and was wondering if the rest of the series will have similar grade paper? I realise that extra heavy paper may cause a few problems when printing The Stand, but would you still be able to use ultra white colored paper for the rest of the series, as it really does look fantastic?

Will the future books in the series have the same red colored traycases like Carrie, in order to be uniform? Or will each book be more individual in theme with a different colored traycase?

We've been told that this particular stock is still being produced and we've asked to be notified if they plan to discontinue. There are actually two other options that are so similar I suspect almost no one would notice the difference if it came to that, but my hope is to have this available to us for the next few years.

What we'll do for The Stand is still to be determined... It may need to be two volumes on this paper stock because the binder can only bind up to certain thickness. We've heard some pretty negative feedback over the years from collectors about other special editions that had to be split like that, but we've also heard from collectors who thought it made the edition more special/unique than the trade. We'll have to see. Splitting a book into two volumes like that raises the retail price because your printer is binding two separate books and the set-up and binding process is a large cost. Even if we have to change the paper stock for The Stand, it'll still be a much nicer paper than the usual trade editions of that particular book. ;)

As to your last question, the cases will be tailored to the book's artwork. We didn't want to lock any artist into a particular color scheme for their covers.

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Just opened my Early Readers Club books. I'm happy! Thanks, CD!

Awesome, thank you!

T-Dogz_AK47
03-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Hi Brian,

We've been told that this particular stock is still being produced and we've asked to be notified if they plan to discontinue. There are actually two other options that are so similar I suspect almost no one would notice the difference if it came to that, but my hope is to have this available to us for the next few years.

What we'll do for The Stand is still to be determined... It may need to be two volumes on this paper stock because the binder can only bind up to certain thickness. We've heard some pretty negative feedback over the years from collectors about other special editions that had to be split like that, but we've also heard from collectors who thought it made the edition more special/unique than the trade. We'll have to see. Splitting a book into two volumes like that raises the retail price because your printer is binding two separate books and the set-up and binding process is a large cost. Even if we have to change the paper stock for The Stand, it'll still be a much nicer paper than the usual trade editions of that particular book. ;)

As to your last question, the cases will be tailored to the book's artwork. We didn't want to lock any artist into a particular color scheme for their covers.

Best,
Brian

That's totally awesome! Thanks for answering these questions, Brian! :rock:

I'm also really glad that the color of the traycases will be tailored to each book, because I was thinking that a royal blue colored traycase would be a good fit for Salem's Lot. What do you think? :thumbsup:

Anubis2347
03-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Personally I think a two voume stand would be great. It's a phenominal book, but you have to be a weight lifter to lug it around.

skyofcrack
03-05-2015, 07:32 AM
2 volumes sounds great to me. It would mean (hopefully) two completely different cover artworks in addition to the gift/artist cover variants.

webstar1000
03-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Personally I think a two voume stand would be great. It's a phenominal book, but you have to be a weight lifter to lug it around.

I really want this to be one MASSIVE book. I think it should be... not that I am against a two book... but a HUGE book.. like to CD's limits would be uber cool:)

MandaBunny
03-05-2015, 07:39 AM
I've never had anything against a two-volume set if the size warrants the split and I think that The Stand is big enough. I'd rather two volumes with better paper than one with wispy paper. I know the costs would be higher but I think it would be well worth it.

Dano
03-05-2015, 07:50 AM
I would really like THE STAND to be a two-volume set. It would be unique to my collection of this awesome Double Day set!!!! Loving the Artist Signed Limiteds!!!

Dan

webstar1000
03-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Do you guys not think it won't fit as well when the set is done?

Roseannebarr
03-05-2015, 09:20 AM
i personally do not like two book sets! That's the reason i do not own a s/l set of the Gunslinger series. I am not a fan of two volume sets. Just my opinion.

The Library Policeman
03-05-2015, 09:22 AM
2 volumes would be nice for The Stand on this occasion I think.

Kingfan24
03-05-2015, 09:42 AM
i personally do not like two book sets! That's the reason i do not own a s/l set of the Gunslinger series. I am not a fan of two volume sets. Just my opinion.

That the only reason you don't own a set?

Roseannebarr
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM

I had Set #214 Dark Tower III - TWTTK It was only $3900 at the time. It sat on my shelf for months and i kept looking at it. It annoyed me so bad, i contacted DAvid and Betts and he sold it for me. I was able to buy alot of other "more" desirable books at the time.

I will eventually get back to owning a set, but that is the lowest item on my priority list!

webstar1000
03-05-2015, 10:14 AM

That would not stop me from owning any book.. just love the look of the single S/L Stand... that should not hold you back from owning that!!!

Aronstg
03-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Hey Brian

Last years book club included two special edition books that were only going to be given to book club members. Any updates on the status of these two books? I haven't really heard anything about them at all. When should we expect to see these books?

Thanks
Aron

zelig
03-05-2015, 10:26 AM

That would not stop me from owning any book.. just love the look of the single S/L Stand... that should not hold you back from owning that!!!

I agree. I have no problem with two book sets. Sure, a single massive volume of The Stand would look great, but split into two volumes will be just as desirable for me.

Brian James Freeman
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey Brian

Last years book club included two special edition books that were only going to be given to book club members. Any updates on the status of these two books? I haven't really heard anything about them at all. When should we expect to see these books?

Thanks
Aron

Here are the latest updates!

Underground by Al Sarrantonio (Cemetery Dance Book Club #4):
The artwork is completed, the signature sheets are designed, and the book is being proofread for a 2015 publication date.

Waiting by Rick Hautala (Cemetery Dance Book Club #4):
The artwork is in the works, the signature sheets have been signed, and the book is being proofread.

Brian

Aronstg
03-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Brian,

Thanks for the update. The two books you mentioned though are not the two books that were stated when the book club membership was promoted. Was there a change in these books? If so, was there a notice sent out? Perhaps I missed that.

Here are the two books that were advertised with the book club.

The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty and Stephen King Limited by Kevin Quigley

Thanks,
Aron

Brian James Freeman
03-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the update. The two books you mentioned though are not the two books that were stated when the book club membership was promoted. Was there a change in these books? If so, was there a notice sent out? Perhaps I missed that.

Here are the two books that were advertised with the book club.

The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty and Stephen King Limited by Kevin Quigley

Thanks,
Aron

Ah, I thought you meant the previous club. Those books are still in production. Asking for updates by the title of the book and not the deal will help get a more accurate answer.

Brian

Ben Mears
03-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Hi Brian,

Best,
Brian

I have never had an opportunity to see The Stand limited edition but from all accounts it appears to be a top notch production with nary a complaint about the quality/weight of the paper used. Might not the same or similar caliber paper be available and, if so, be acceptable for CD edition? I would much rather have one volume as that is how it was originally published. Better yet, just go with the 1978 version!

Roseannebarr
03-05-2015, 01:00 PM
If it is the doubleday books, i was expecting the 1978 version!

T-Dogz_AK47
03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Personally, I am glad that The Stand will be the full uncut version. :smile:

Jimimck
03-05-2015, 01:23 PM
I was hoping for the original 1978 version too but am looking forward to seeing what CD come up with. Its been quite a time since I read it, so can't really recall if there is a clear break in the story half way through that would compliment a two volume approach?

Papaseraphim
03-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Is the original Stand even being reprinted anymore?

All the new paperbacks I see at the store are the revised updated version.

Hi Brian,

Best,
Brian

I have never had an opportunity to see The Stand limited edition but from all accounts it appears to be a top notch production with nary a complaint about the quality/weight of the paper used. Might not the same or similar caliber paper be available and, if so, be acceptable for CD edition? I would much rather have one volume as that is how it was originally published. Better yet, just go with the 1978 version!

bdwyer19
03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan. Overall, how is the look and quality of the gift edition?

T-Dogz_AK47
03-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Is the original Stand even being reprinted anymore?

All the new paperbacks I see at the store are the revised updated version.

That's because the full uncut version of The Stand is far superior!! :thumbsup:

Jimimck
03-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan. Overall, how is the look and quality of the gift edition?

I don't have one, but all the photos I have seen have made me consider getting one too, as it does look like a nice production. I have no interest in the subject matter either...

The Library Policeman
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM

I have a copy. The usual excellent Cemetery Dance type quality :)

Brian James Freeman
03-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan.

I have several copies and I certainly not a Red Sox fan! :evil:

There are some photos here if that would help, just click on each photo for a larger view:

http://www.bookstobenefit.com/2014/12/08/faithful-by-stewart-onan-and-stephen-king-sneak-peek-photos/

I do want to warn you that my printer screwed up the dummy book and the sizing for the slipcase is off a little. The slipcase is a little too big (left to right), which is a turn off for some collectors. But the feedback on everything else has been very positive, for what that's worth.

CD has about 10 copies left of the Gift Edition. I know a few other stores have one or two.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king104

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
03-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that you could follow up Faithful with a book on the sheer brilliance of the Yankees? :clap:

You could call it "Pride, Power and Pinstripes" and get Derek Jeter to sign the limitation page for the S/L. I would DEFINITELY buy that!!! :thumbsup:

:YYY:

bdwyer19
03-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that you could follow up Faithful with a book on the sheer brilliance of the Yankees? :clap:

You could call it "Pride, Power and Pinstripes" and get Derek Jeter to sign the limitation page for the S/L. I would DEFINITELY buy that!!! :thumbsup:

Ugh. Please don't!! :)

Brian James Freeman
03-05-2015, 03:40 PM
The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty

Hey Aron,

It's funny you asked about this one today because this piece of artwork just landed on my desk:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/blatty03artwork.jpg

Brian

bdwyer19
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan.

I have several copies and I certainly not a Red Sox fan! :evil:

There are some photos here if that would help, just click on each photo for a larger view:

http://www.bookstobenefit.com/2014/12/08/faithful-by-stewart-onan-and-stephen-king-sneak-peek-photos/

I do want to warn you that my printer screwed up the dummy book and the sizing for the slipcase is off a little. The slipcase is a little too big (left to right), which is a turn off for some collectors. But the feedback on everything else has been very positive, for what that's worth.

CD has about 10 copies left of the Gift Edition. I know a few other stores have one or two.

Brian

You're a very good salesman Brian!! I just ordered a copy.

Merlin1958
03-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Oh, it burns real purty!!! LOL http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/Bloodmix/rimshot.gif

Priest
03-06-2015, 03:03 AM

I have a copy. The usual excellent Cemetery Dance type quality :)

can confirm that - its a fantastic book - have some pics in my collection

biblio.phage
03-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Any update--or can you post a teaser--on the Friday the 13th/13lb. Grab Bags?

Brian James Freeman
03-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Any update--or can you post a teaser--on the Friday the 13th/13lb. Grab Bags?

As soon as we can get to the shelves with the books we're using, we'll get these shipping. Another new book arrives this week, blocking our access, but there should be a little break between new books after that... I think!

Brian

CyberGhostface
03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
I would prefer that The Stand be one book like It was at least for the GE. 'It' was a beautiful book as-is.

RC65
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM
I would prefer that The Stand be one book like It was at least for the GE. 'It' was a beautiful book as-is.

Chiming in to echo that sentiment. Even if the font has to be a bit smaller to accommodate and/or the paper has to be a bit less robust, I would find either (both?) an acceptable compromise in order to have one single spectacular volume.

swintek
03-08-2015, 10:03 PM

Chiming in to echo that sentiment. Even if the font has to be a bit smaller to accommodate and/or the paper has to be a bit less robust, I would find either (both?) an acceptable compromise in order to have one single spectacular volume.

+1

TCCBodhi
03-09-2015, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see the 1978 version as well. One volume version, and I'd like to see the back edge uncut like the original version was as well for that rough look. If a thinner stock needs to be used for this book, it would be understandable.

killjoy72
03-09-2015, 05:11 AM
I prefer whichever version (1 book or 2) that will cost the least. I will probably buy this no matter what, but I'm just not a fan of paying over $100 for gift editions.

mkb.redux
03-09-2015, 05:33 AM
My vote--for what it's worth--is for the original published version. I still prefer it over the expanded reissue.

mattgreenbean
03-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Wouldn't it be up to King which version were to be reprinted? Seems like he would want his complete story to be printed.

I only read the uncut version, what are the reasons for some of you to prefer the edited version?

Papaseraphim
03-09-2015, 08:27 AM
It is up to King. And considering that he was 'forced' to trim the original book by 150,000 word, I don't see him having the original republished.

Just my opinion.

Nick

Wouldn't it be up to King which version were to be reprinted? Seems like he would want his complete story to be printed.

I only read the uncut version, what are the reasons for some of you to prefer the edited version?

Ben Mears
03-09-2015, 08:57 AM
The decision has been made on which version (uncut) is to be used; the internal debate at CD is one volume vs two.
If they were able to publish IT in one volume they should be able to do the same with The Stand.

webstar1000
03-09-2015, 09:07 AM
The decision has been made on which version (uncut) is to be used; the internal debate at CD is one volume vs two.
If they were able to publish IT in one volume they should be able to do the same with The Stand.

I agree. I think a big bas ass Stand would be best. I would push it to the binders limits too. I think a big robust book will be nice!

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Yeah, if we go with one volume of THE STAND, we would use a very similar paper as we did for IT. This would certainly be one big book!

Brian

Papaseraphim
03-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Not this big I hope! :lol1:

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/papaseraphim/Mobile%20Uploads/148452_525850100776539_711392447_n.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/papaseraphim/media/Mobile%20Uploads/148452_525850100776539_711392447_n.jpg.html)

Yeah, if we go with one volume of THE STAND, we would use a very similar paper as we did for IT. This would certainly be one big book!

Brian

Bev Vincent
03-09-2015, 11:32 AM
By my rough estimate, The Stand (complete and uncut) is less than 5% longer than It.

herbertwest
03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
If the collection is the Doubleday years, shouldnt it be the edited version of the story?
It wouldnt make sense for that reason to get the uncut version...

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2015, 11:39 AM
By my rough estimate, The Stand (complete and uncut) is less than 5% longer than It.

Admit it, you just sat down and counted the words in both books, didn't you?

Brian

Randall Flagg
03-09-2015, 11:42 AM
If the collection is the Doubleday years, shouldnt it be the edited version of the story?
The Uncut was also Doubleday.
As mentioned, the decision has already been made (which I agree with). The question now is one volume or two, and if one, then how to do a quality book will match the others in height.

Bev Vincent
03-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Brian

Just now. since that last post. I'm hell on wheels when it comes to counting!

Brian James Freeman
03-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Brian

Just now. since that last post. I'm hell on wheels when it comes to counting!

:biggrin:

jhanic
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
I'd be VERY surprised if King would allow the early version to be reprinted.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-10-2015, 01:18 AM

Using Microsoft Word Count...

The Stand Uncut is 473,570 and IT is 449,991.

herbertwest
03-10-2015, 01:48 AM
As mentioned, the decision has already been made (which I agree with). The question now is one volume or two, and if one, then how to do a quality book will match the others in height.

I know that it was by Doubleday and that the decision had been made. I am just giivng my opinion that, as the collection was supposed to be the Doubleday years (in other words, the early years) it doesnt make sense to me, even if the longer version is obviously better...

stroppygoblin
03-10-2015, 02:00 AM

I know that it was by Doubleday and that the decision had been made. I am just giivng my opinion that, as the collection was supposed to be the Doubleday years (in other words, the early years) it doesnt make sense to me, even if the longer version is obviously better...

I agree, we already have a very nice limited of the Uncut version (arguably THE nicest) and a limited of the cut would be more preferable IMHO. Brian was the original cut version ever considered or has it been dictated by SK ?

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2015, 06:29 AM

I agree, we already have a very nice limited of the Uncut version (arguably THE nicest) and a limited of the cut would be more preferable IMHO. Brian was the original cut version ever considered or has it been dictated by SK ?

Lots of things have been discussed, of course, but what we can use for this set has already been determined.

Brian

Merlin1958
03-10-2015, 06:32 AM

Given all that went on between, King & Doubleday, in publishing the original and the fact that the uncut version is the vision of the original story in, Mr. King's eyes I don't see the debate on this issue, IMHO. The Uncut version is the purist form of the story in the authors eyes and I don't quite understand the desire for the original "bastardized" version to be validated any further than as a foot note in the history of the author. Of course, that is just one man's opinion.

Bev Vincent
03-10-2015, 06:34 AM

5.2% longer

Priest
03-10-2015, 07:06 AM

5.2% longer

but who counted the letters ??

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-10-2015, 07:24 AM

5.2% longer

I ran out of fingers working out the percentage :)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-10-2015, 07:24 AM

5.2% longer

but who counted the letters ??

Bill Gates?

Bev Vincent
03-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Gutenberg.

webstar1000
03-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Brian, all this talk about the Stand has prompted me to ask a question. As you know we have a S/L stand that is breathtaking in its production and coveted by all us King collectors. Are you going to try and up this at all production wise? I know it will be a tough one but I had to ask. I want a Stand that will be the jewel of the Doubleday years collection as it is my fav book in the 6. Anyways, just thought I would see your thoughts on this. thanks!

herbertwest
03-10-2015, 07:54 AM
(As a side note related to THE STAND, I always LOVED the covers of the french mass paperbacks)

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/ILLUS-COUV/blanchin/le_fleau_1-2-3.jpg

killjoy72
03-10-2015, 08:16 AM
^Fantastic!

goheat
03-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Hah, love the guys face on the first book!

CyberGhostface
03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
I prefer whichever version (1 book or 2) that will cost the least. I will probably buy this no matter what, but I'm just not a fan of paying over $100 for gift editions.

Two books would cost more. Although if 'It' was any indication it will probably cost around $125 for a single volume.

But yeah that's one of the reasons why I would prefer a single volume edition. Over at Sub Press for example the LEs for A Song of Ice and Fire have cost as much as $300 in part because the books are split in two. Bill said something like it's to make it easier to read but let's be real, 90% of the people buying books for over a hundred dollars probably aren't going to sit down and read it cover to cover.

I mean I love CD's It and I've taken it out to look at and admire (because what's the point if you're going to keep it locked away all the time) but when I reread It I take out the small beaten up paperback. :tongue:

wolfehr
03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I mean I love CD's It and I've taken it out to look at and admire (because what's the point if you're going to keep it locked away all the time) but when I reread It I take out the small beaten up paperback. :tongue:

I'm exactly the same; "collector" books are to look at and admire while the kindle is for reading.

Merlin1958
03-10-2015, 03:31 PM

I'm exactly the same; "collector" books are to look at and admire while the kindle is for reading.

I agree. Often though, when I do admire my collectibles it puts me in the mind of a re-read and if I don't have a reading copy on hand, it's off to the secondhand store or B&N.

I keep my collectible copy of "Faithful" in an urn crafted from a "Yankee Gnome" figure and occasionally I like to sift through the ashes looking for clues to the Red Sux future catastrophe's. It always puts a smile on my face. :biggrin:

webstar1000
03-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Brian, all this talk about the Stand has prompted me to ask a question. As you know we have a S/L stand that is breathtaking in its production and coveted by all us King collectors. Are you going to try and up this at all production wise? I know it will be a tough one but I had to ask. I want a Stand that will be the jewel of the Doubleday years collection as it is my fav book in the 6. Anyways, just thought I would see your thoughts on this. thanks!

Bump

Brian James Freeman
03-10-2015, 04:44 PM

Bump

If Steve was able to sign these editions, we would do something amazingly high-end and probably insanely expensive. ;) Because he's not available to sign, we'll do something very nice that is appropriate for the budget we'll have to work with. :) We could not try to compete with the existing Limited Edition given the perimeters of this project, but we will try to produce editions that our collectors are pleased to own.

Brian

webstar1000
03-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Bump

If Steve was able to sign these editions, we would do something amazingly high-end and probably insanely expensive. ;) Because he's not available to sign, we'll do something very nice that is appropriate for the budget we'll have to work with. :) We could not try to compete with the existing Limited Edition given the perimeters of this project, but we will try to produce editions that our collectors are pleased to own.

Brian

Thanks Brian! Appreciate the answer:) It really is too bad that he wouldn't but so far it's safe to say everyone is happy!

Anubis2347
03-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Hey,

This may have been asked before but does CD have a slipcase that would work for The Zombie Survival Guide by Brooks?

Thank you.

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Hey,

This may have been asked before but does CD have a slipcase that would work for The Zombie Survival Guide by Brooks?

Thank you.

It's been a while since we've produced a plain slipcase for a 6 X 9 book, so unfortunately we don't have anything in-stock right now. Sorry!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Shipping from our printer later this month:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/TheMailman.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/little05

Brian

Ben Mears
03-13-2015, 09:42 AM

Brian

Any chance the Mailman will be delivering October Dreams II soon?!

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Any chance the Mailman will be delivering October Dreams II soon?!

Nice. The printer has shipped the trade hardcover to us, so it'll just be a matter of getting those orders in the shipping queue once the books arrive. The warehouse is behind right now because Dan has the plague (or a cold, not sure which) and we've also been short staffed since Christmas, but I know this one will go to the top of the list ASAP.

Brian

KingKorn
03-13-2015, 10:01 AM
One more shipping related question when you have a moment, Brian. For those who ordered the PS Thinner through you folks, when do you expect to ship them out?

Thanks!

Kingfan24
03-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi Brian,

Any update on the faithful s/l?

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 10:17 AM
One more shipping related question when you have a moment, Brian. For those who ordered the PS Thinner through you folks, when do you expect to ship them out?

Thanks!

We're still waiting on the last couple of boxes to make it here from across the pond. Until we have all of the books, it's a real mess to try to ship just some of the numbers, etc. We're hoping the rest make it here soon, though!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi Brian,

Any update on the faithful s/l?

I'm waiting on a shipping update from the traycase maker, but they were beginning to pack everything up this week to get it on a truck. They're on the west coast, so it'll be a while until everything gets here, though. Then there is paperwork to process, numbers to cross-check, etc. I figure April is looking pretty solid for the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition if all goes well. Thanks for asking! I'm really excited to get these into everyone's hands.

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
03-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Brian

Hi Brian,

Any news about the Lettered 20th Anniversary Edition of The Mailman?

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Any news about the Lettered 20th Anniversary Edition of The Mailman?

Traycases should be here by May or June!

Brian

Merlin1958
03-13-2015, 12:24 PM
How are the "Revival" cases coming along? I've been storing mine in the stupid "Book People" bag since I got it!!! Can't wait to have my snazzy new CD Slipcase for it!! I'm sure others here will agree with me on that score.

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2015, 12:28 PM
How are the "Revival" cases coming along? I've been storing mine in the stupid "Book People" bag since I got it!!! Can't wait to have my snazzy new CD Slipcase for it!! I'm sure others here will agree with me on that score.

Due to ship to us in mid-April!

Brian

Merlin1958
03-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Due to ship to us in mid-April!

Brian

Cool Beans!!! Thanks for the update, Brian!!!

zelig
03-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Yes, I've been anxiously waiting for this one too. Looking forward to it.

Merlin1958
03-13-2015, 12:32 PM

Yes, I've been anxiously waiting for this one too. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, CD faithfully produces an outstanding product, time and again. Their attention to quality and detail is beyond reproach, IMHO.

jhanic
03-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Me too!

John

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I think you're really going to like the "look" of this Revival case... we tried a new/different material that should really play off the cover nicely!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 08:08 AM
For those of you who are thinking about ordering our CARRIE ARTWORK PORTFOLIO, I thought you might like to see the first three new pieces that Glenn Chadbourne delivered:

http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/A_CARRIEnew01.jpg
http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/A_CARRIEnew02.jpg
http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/A_CARRIEnew03.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CARRIE

Brian

webstar1000
03-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I think you're really going to like the "look" of this Revival case... we tried a new/different material that should really play off the cover nicely!

Brian
I cannot wait to see what you come up with. When do you think you can do the Revival Reveal Brian?:biggrin1:

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 09:04 AM

Brian
I cannot wait to see what you come up with. When do you think you can do the Revival Reveal Brian?:biggrin1:

We won't have a finished sample until April sometime, but I'll post a pic as soon as I can!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Josh Boone, the director of “The Fault in Our Stars,” has posted a heartfelt essay about Stephen King and how the man changed his life on our Stephen King Revisited website. Boone is currently working on The Stand for Warner Brothers and he has also been connected to the film version of Lisey's Story.

You can read the essay here:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/the-stand-and-stephen-king-by-josh-boone/

Brian

jsweet
03-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Wow, very nice looking art for Carrie - glad I went ahead and picked up the portfolio

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Edited because I found what I needed, thanks!

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Wow, very nice looking art for Carrie - glad I went ahead and picked up the portfolio

We're designing the actual portfolio this week -- it's going to look great and be very different than anything we've done before.

Brian

Bev Vincent
03-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey, does anyone have the copy of Ubris with "The Dark Man" handy? I need a scan of the original poem or even some good photograph(s) ASAP for someone who is writing a non-fiction piece that may mention it, but our copy is already back in Richard's collection. Help?

Brian

It's reproduced in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion. If that version isn't good enough, check with "carlosdetweiller"

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2015, 11:23 AM
It's reproduced in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion.

Oh yeah, good point! I'm off to the bookcase, thanks!

mikeC
03-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Josh Boone, the director of “The Fault in Our Stars,” has posted a heartfelt essay about Stephen King
You can read the essay here:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/the-stand-and-stephen-king-by-josh-boone/

Brian

That was a neat story. I am confused by his timeline of when his books were burned and not burned but I am grateful I never had to deal with such small mindedness in my home.
It's amazing Steve sent his his books back though. Steve's the man.

Lot guy
03-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Excited to see the REVIVAL slipcases sounds like they compliment the book very well!!!!

Jimimck
03-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Thinking of adding another portfolio to my order to have second copies to frame and hang...

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2015, 04:27 AM
Good news about FAITHFUL for those who might be interested!

The new Limited Edition traycases are on the way and should arrive by the end of the month, so then it's just a matter of getting this edition into the shipping queue.

In addition, I'm now taking some photos of the first completely finished Lettered Edition to land on my desk. These will be shipping in April and turned out really nicely, I think.

Here is a quick photo of all three editions together for the first time:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king104allbooksLARGE.jpg

** IF you still want a Limited Edition or Lettered Edition, I have a few copies left that I had held back for an indie retailer who didn't come through. These can now be ordered through the Cemetery Dance website while supplies last:

Best,
Brian

CyberGhostface
03-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Do you have any news on the Collection by Bentley Little? Any chance of a trade hardcover like you're doing with the Mailman?

Brian James Freeman
03-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Do you have any news on the Collection by Bentley Little? Any chance of a trade hardcover like you're doing with the Mailman?

The Collection will be down the road a while...! Here's the order:

The Revelation, The Mailman, The Summoning, University, Dominion, The Ignored, The Walking, The Association, The Collection, The Policy, Dispatch, and The Burning.

There will be a S/L like we published for The Revelation. The Mailman got a trade hardcover because we just published a S/L a few years back, but we wanted the folks who are collecting all of these new editions in hardcover to have something for that spot on their shelf!

Best,
Brian

Merlin1958
03-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Good news about FAITHFUL for those who might be interested!

The new Limited Edition traycases are on the way and should arrive by the end of the month, so then it's just a matter of getting this edition into the shipping queue.

In addition, I'm now taking some photos of the first completely finished Lettered Edition to land on my desk. These will be shipping in April and turned out really nicely, I think.

Here is a quick photo of all three editions together for the first time:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king104allbooksLARGE.jpg

** IF you still want a Limited Edition or Lettered Edition, I have a few copies left that I had held back for an indie retailer who didn't come through. These can now be ordered through the Cemetery Dance website while supplies last:

Best,
Brian

Is that a "Dolso" case I see? if so, man is he going to get earful from me!!! LOL

T-Dogz_AK47
03-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Is that a "Dolso" case I see? if so, man is he going to get earful from me!!! LOL

HAHAHAHA!! :lol:

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2015, 07:59 AM

HA!! For those who don't know, Dick's website is http://www.Bookslipcase.com and he can do amazing things with wood. He's easy to work with and really knows his stuff. For those of you who purchased the Lettered Edition of FAITHFUL, check out how careful he was to line up the grain from side to side. Amazing attention to detail.

Brian

burial
03-18-2015, 10:29 AM
I love those cases...

By the way... Any updates on Pet Sematary's artist?

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2015, 11:20 AM

Yes! There is one! ;)

In all seriousness, we'll send out a preview of his artwork around the end of the year when the first piece is due in, but for now we don't want to post more. Thanks!

Brian

CyberGhostface
03-18-2015, 11:36 AM

The Collection will be down the road a while...! Here's the order:

The Revelation, The Mailman, The Summoning, University, Dominion, The Ignored, The Walking, The Association, The Collection, The Policy, Dispatch, and The Burning.

There will be a S/L like we published for The Revelation. The Mailman got a trade hardcover because we just published a S/L a few years back, but we wanted the folks who are collecting all of these new editions in hardcover to have something for that spot on their shelf!

Best,
Brian

Thanks...Bentley's hit or miss for me but I really liked his stories in that collection. A lot of them are really fucked up but hilarious. Like the one where the guy's taken captive by the smelly obese guy in his car. Or there's one where there's this woman who has an old man in a high chair and some giant blob that sucks in people who visit her house. It's just pure WTF.

webstar1000
03-18-2015, 01:30 PM

Yes! There is one! ;)

In all seriousness, we'll send out a preview of his artwork around the end of the year when the first piece is due in, but for now we don't want to post more. Thanks!

Brian
Can we ask one hint? Has he done a King book before?

Randall Flagg
03-18-2015, 01:58 PM

Yes! There is one! ;)

Brian
No; but this one time in band camp.....

Merlin1958
03-18-2015, 06:38 PM

HA!! For those who don't know, Dick's website is http://www.Bookslipcase.com and he can do amazing things with wood. He's easy to work with and really knows his stuff. For those of you who purchased the Lettered Edition of FAITHFUL, check out how careful he was to line up the grain from side to side. Amazing attention to detail.

Brian

Yeah, he's the "Wood Whisperer".

Hmmm, did that come out right? LOL

webstar1000
03-19-2015, 03:14 AM

Yes! There is one! ;)

Brian
No; but this one time in band camp.....

lol

Jimimck
03-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Brian, it looks like there is a bit of a typo on your ordering page for the new illustrated Joyland with custom slipcase. The page says $28.95 cost but the shopping cart says $48.95 (which I assume is correct?)

Im guessing your Slipcases aren't $4 for this :)

wolfehr
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Brian, it looks like there is a bit of a typo on your ordering page for the new illustrated Joyland with custom slipcase. The page says $28.95 cost but the shopping cart says $48.95 (which I assume is correct?)

I was on the page thinking the exact same thing when I saw an email notification you made this post :)

The slipcase page doesn't list a price, but if you add it to your cart it shows as $24.95.

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2015, 12:32 PM

Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2015, 12:34 PM

I was on the page thinking the exact same thing when I saw an email notification you made this post :)

The slipcase page doesn't list a price, but if you add it to your cart it shows as $24.95.

Thanks, it's been fixed. This is what happens when you still try to get work done after the rest of the office staff took a "snow day..." ha!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Of course, at least I'm working from home... I think Dan is locked in the warehouse by himself today! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2015, 12:56 PM

I hadn't finished the individual page yet, but here it is:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES041

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-20-2015, 12:57 PM
And here is the product page for the book and the book & slipcase:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king110

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king110large.jpg (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king110)

Brian

wolfehr
03-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Looks great!

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2015, 09:47 AM
For a very limited time only, the DARK SCREAMS: VOLUME ONE eBook is on sale for just 99 cents, which means you can read "Weeds" by Stephen King (and four other terrific stories) for less than a buck. :) Here are some ordering links for easy reference:

* Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NDTUDSY/

* Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dark-screams-brian-james-freeman/1120323909

* iTunes/iBookstore:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/dark-screams-volume-one/id916515769?mt=11

* Kobo:
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/dark-screams-volume-one

Brian

RichardX
03-23-2015, 02:04 PM
I received my copy of October Dream II today. Looks great. Can't wait to read it. I thought it was going to be signed by some of the authors though if you ordered early, but it's only signed by the two editors.

Brian James Freeman
03-23-2015, 02:50 PM
I received my copy of October Dream II today. Looks great. Can't wait to read it. I thought it was going to be signed by some of the authors though if you ordered early, but it's only signed by the two editors.

Nope, just the editors for the Trade Hardcover! From the original announcement:

"The editors will be making time to personally sign these trade hardcovers and since neither of them do many book signings or conventions these days, it's likely you'll never have another chance to get your book signed by them!"

Brian

Dan
03-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Got mine today, also. Can't wait to read it, looks great!

Jimimck
03-25-2015, 01:32 AM
Brian, I just learnt that there is no special edition of Dean Koontz' Watchers. I think CD needs to remedy this.

Ok....Go!

:smile:

carlosdetweiller
03-25-2015, 03:37 AM
Brian, I just learnt that there is no special edition of Dean Koontz' Watchers. I think CD needs to remedy this.

Ok....Go!

:smile:

Koontz seems to be in lock step with Charnel House at present.

mikeC
03-25-2015, 08:03 AM
I received my copy of October Dream II today. Looks great. Can't wait to read it.

The Ray Bardbury story is one of my favorite stories ever and one of his best in my opinion.

mkb.redux
03-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Checking in on those fabled "13 Pounds of Books" Grab Bags. Anyone had a shipping notice yet?

zelig
03-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Checking in on those fabled "13 Pounds of Books" Grab Bags. Anyone had a shipping notice yet?

Got mine yesterday.

jsmcmullen92
03-27-2015, 03:35 PM

nope not yet. I thought they said either end of March or April. I cannot remember.

mkb.redux
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM

nope not yet. I thought they said either end of March or April. I cannot remember.

End of March was what I recalled, and that is nigh. Figured it was worth asking.

richardsrarebooks
03-27-2015, 03:50 PM
got my notice yesterday. wondering what's included.

wolfehr
03-27-2015, 04:15 PM

Mine came yesterday.

goheat
03-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Was this the 'Friday the 13th' Grab Bag?

wolfehr
03-27-2015, 07:18 PM

Mine was.

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2015, 07:21 PM

Yep, 13 pounds of books for Friday the 13th!

Just for everyone's reference, as mentioned before, there will be duplicates from previous Grab Bags, etc, but we also tried to use some newer items that had never been part of a deal. Hope you like the selections!

Brian

goheat
03-27-2015, 07:40 PM

Yep, 13 pounds of books for Friday the 13th!

Just for everyone's reference, as mentioned before, there will be duplicates from previous Grab Bags, etc, but we also tried to use some newer items that had never been part of a deal. Hope you like the selections!

Brian

Great, hope to get my shipping notice soon! :wink:

richardsrarebooks
03-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Wondering when CD will announce the production status for their lettered editions. Supposed to happen in March......only 3 days left!

Brian James Freeman
03-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Wondering when CD will announce the production status for their lettered editions. Supposed to happen in March......only 3 days left!

I still need to talk to Dan about the shipping schedule for April, but I'm hoping the 10 or 12 Lettered Editions that are done will be able to ship in the next 4 or 5 weeks. I'll be updating the Production Updates page on Monday, most likely!

Brian

richardsrarebooks
03-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Thank you so much for the quick response!

ELazansky
03-28-2015, 03:39 PM
What's the latest on Prince of Stories?

Brian James Freeman
03-28-2015, 03:44 PM

It's going to the printer in the next batch of 4 or 5 books. Depending on when the printer actually gets started, I would expect it in July or August.

Brian

ELazansky
03-28-2015, 03:54 PM

It's going to the printer in the next batch of 4 or 5 books. Depending on when the printer actually gets started, I would expect it in July or August.

Brian

Thanks!

wolfehr
03-28-2015, 03:56 PM
For October Dreams II, will you be able to match letters if someone has a lettered copy of October Dreams? Thanks in advance for the help!

Brian James Freeman
03-28-2015, 05:57 PM
For October Dreams II, will you be able to match letters if someone has a lettered copy of October Dreams? Thanks in advance for the help!

Yep, just reply to your order confirmation for October Dreams II and let Mindy know the letter you need. Thanks!

Brian

wolfehr
03-28-2015, 07:11 PM

Yep, just reply to your order confirmation for October Dreams II and let Mindy know the letter you need. Thanks!

Brian

Awesome, thanks Brian!

Kingfan24
03-29-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if it's just my copy or not but my traycase for the carrie Doubleday years doesn't close. It's like its a little too small. Does anyone else have this issue?

allasorte
03-29-2015, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure if it's just my copy or not but my traycase for the carrie Doubleday years doesn't close. It's like its a little too small. Does anyone else have this issue?

I mylar wrapped mine and the jacket is a but larger now. But I do have the same issue. Before and after the wrap. When I stack it in my bookcase it closes but if I set it down flat, the door pops up a bit and won't go completely down. So I just leave it standing and it seems to be fine, but I do have the same issue but I personally don't feel it is a major issue. IS yours worse? I'd say it pops up perhaps close to a 1/4" when laying flat.

Kingfan24
03-30-2015, 03:34 AM
I'd say mines probably a little worse as it doesn't close when it's standing or laying flat, and mines not Mylar covered so I think there may be something up with it. It's the way I received it as well, I just figured it might be one of those things. I'm sure Brian can help.

frik
03-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Even without the book the lid doesn't completely close.
There's a gap of a couple of millimeters.

sk

Kingfan24
03-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Even without the book the lid doesn't completely close.
There's a gap of a couple of millimeters.

sk

Interesting. I'll have to try that as well. Didn't think that would be an issue. I'll report back tonight.

tippy4
03-31-2015, 03:45 PM
Still looking at May for Revival slipcases?

Brian James Freeman
03-31-2015, 06:46 PM
I'd say mines probably a little worse as it doesn't close when it's standing or laying flat, and mines not Mylar covered so I think there may be something up with it. It's the way I received it as well, I just figured it might be one of those things. I'm sure Brian can help.

I'll look at a few copies at the office tomorrow. Drop me a line via email and I'll let you know what I find!

Brian James Freeman
03-31-2015, 06:47 PM

Yes, hopefully very early in May. I will have the final approval case -- the one that is actually stamped and wrapped in the "real" material -- by next week if all goes well. I'll try to post a photo!

Brian

webstar1000
04-01-2015, 03:37 AM

Yes, hopefully very early in May. I will have the final approval case -- the one that is actually stamped and wrapped in the "real" material -- by next week if all goes well. I'll try to post a photo!

Brian

Very excited to see what you have come up with Brian.. my book feels naked!

zelig
04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Me too... been eager to receive the Revival slipcase... looking forward to it.

allasorte
04-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I wanted to thank the people at CD for fixing a couple of problems I had, especially Mindy. You guys are the best!

Brian James Freeman
04-01-2015, 09:44 AM
I wanted to thank the people at CD for fixing a couple of problems I had, especially Mindy. You guys are the best!

Thank you!

Brian

Dan
04-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Any word on when PS version of Thinner is shipping?

Brian James Freeman
04-02-2015, 09:12 AM

It's next on the list, the last batch from the UK finally arrived (thank you Post Office!), and now we're doing all of the paperwork. These are more complicated to ship because we're offering matching numbers for the whole set, etc, but we'll post a note to let everyone know when these start out the door!

Brian

allasorte
04-02-2015, 10:57 AM

It's next on the list, the last batch from the UK finally arrived (thank you Post Office!), and now we're doing all of the paperwork. These are more complicated to ship because we're offering matching numbers for the whole set, etc, but we'll post a note to let everyone know when these start out the door!

Brian

The matching number thing is what Mindy fixed for me. So thanks again as I placed my order yesterday. PS mentioned the order form for Skeleton Crew will be in May. Who would we turn to to keep the matching numbers? PS or CD? Thanks.

Dan
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM

Brian

Great, thanks!

DanHocker
04-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Brian

The matching number thing is what Mindy fixed for me. So thanks again as I placed my order yesterday. PS mentioned the order form for Skeleton Crew will be in May. Who would we turn to to keep the matching numbers? PS or CD? Thanks.

We are getting the same number set from PS for each of these. So if you ordered the previous one from us, we will be continuing to get that number.

Brian James Freeman
04-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Brian

We match the numbers. Just reply to your SKELETON CREW order confirmation email and let Mindy know your book number!

Brian

allasorte
04-02-2015, 01:41 PM
We match the numbers. Just reply to your SKELETON CREW order confirmation email and let Mindy know your book number!

Brian

I will do that Brian, thanks.

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I can't get a great photo of this because it's a dark and rainy day here in Maryland and our office lighting is terrible for photos, but here is the REVIVAL slipcase. As I think I mentioned before, we used a special order iridescent material that we've never used for any kind of case before. The material looks blue in the first photo, which is the "default" color you'll see most of the time when you look at your case, but as the light hits the material from different angles, it flashes to purple as shown in the second pic:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases038post.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases038purple.jpg

These are on track to be finished at the slipcase maker and we hope to be shipping them in May.

Best,
Brian

goheat
04-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Wow, very impressive, Brian! So looking forward to getting this!

wolfehr
04-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Wow, love the case Brian!!

bdwyer19
04-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Those look great Brian! Looking forward to my signed copy getting a good home soon!

killjoy72
04-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Amazing job! A must buy for sure.

frik
04-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Didn't like the US cover, don't care for the slipcase either (too much.)
And that's a CD first for me.

sk

jhanic
04-03-2015, 08:52 AM
I like it! I can't wait to get my copy.

John

zelig
04-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Wow, great work there Brian... like frik said, I too wasn't mad about the US cover, but I've kind of got used to it... the slipcase though looks fantastic and can't wait for them to ship. Quick thought, it would be great if you could make slipcases for the UK editions as well like you have in the past for a few titles...

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Wow, great work there Brian... like frik said, I too wasn't mad about the US cover, but I've kind of got used to it... the slipcase though looks fantastic and can't wait for them to ship. Quick thought, it would be great if you could make slipcases for the UK editions as well like you have in the past for a few titles...

Demand for the UK slipcases dropped below the threshold where we could produce them for a reasonable retail price. It's a real bummer because I really liked making them, but I would expect one of the smaller slipcase makers who frequent these parts could make something very nice!

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Wow, very impressive, Brian! So looking forward to getting this!

Thanks! It took some trial and error to get this one right, but we're pleased with the final presentation.

Brian

herbertwest
04-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Looks very nice !

Dano
04-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Excellent! Really looking forward to placing my signed copy inside!!!

Dan

webstar1000
04-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Nice!

Merlin1958
04-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Merlin, likes!!!! Great job, Brian!!!

Theli
04-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I can't get a great photo of this because it's a dark and rainy day here in Maryland and our office lighting is terrible for photos, but here is the REVIVAL slipcase. As I think I mentioned before, we used a special order iridescent material that we've never used for any kind of case before. The material looks blue in the first photo, which is the "default" color you'll see most of the time when you look at your case, but as the light hits the material from different angles, it flashes to purple as shown in the second pic:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases038post.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/x_cases038purple.jpg

These are on track to be finished at the slipcase maker and we hope to be shipping them in May.

Best,
Brian

I'm colour blind, it all looks blue to me!

It's a bad ass blue though :D

mkb.redux
04-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Still no shipping notice for my "13 Pounds" grab bags, and I'm off to Europe tonight for the next two weeks. If any of you who've ordered these can post pics or titles, would be appreciated.

richardsrarebooks
04-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Received the books last week. 1.) "Bethany's Sin" - signed limited Robert McCammon 2.) "Amazonas" - signed limited Alan Peter Ryan 3.) "The Back of Beyond" signed limited Alan Peter Ryan 4.) "Screamplays" - trade edition Richard Chizmar 5.) "Pork Pie Hat" - trade edition Peter Straub 6.) "Stories from the Plague Years - trade paper Michael Marano 7.) "The Loveliest Dead" signed limited (but no signature page bound in) Ray Garton 8.) "Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters" signed limited (but no signature on signature page) Douglas Clegg Hope this helps.

mkb.redux
04-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Thanks!

With the exception of PORK PIE HAT (I think I have six of those), sounds like a good batch.

Brian James Freeman
04-05-2015, 07:12 AM
Received the books last week. 1.) "Bethany's Sin" - signed limited Robert McCammon 2.) "Amazonas" - signed limited Alan Peter Ryan 3.) "The Back of Beyond" signed limited Alan Peter Ryan 4.) "Screamplays" - trade edition Richard Chizmar 5.) "Pork Pie Hat" - trade edition Peter Straub 6.) "Stories from the Plague Years - trade paper Michael Marano 7.) "The Loveliest Dead" signed limited (but no signature page bound in) Ray Garton 8.) "Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters" signed limited (but no signature on signature page) Douglas Clegg Hope this helps.

There are some base items that everyone gets and some items that vary from order to order. A few of the Grab Bags came in a few ounces short of the goal weight, so I said to give everyone Pork Pie Hat, too. :). So for most orders, you could call it a bonus item. These should be almost done shipping, Dan can let you know on Monday.

Brian

richardsrarebooks
04-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Sorry, but I also received "Salome" signed limited by Mick Garris for a total of nine books.

Lurker
04-05-2015, 07:21 AM
I received:
Back of the Beyond S/L
Femme
Homestead S/L
Salome S/L
Amazonas S/L
Pork Pie Hat
Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters
The Influence - Second Printing
Screamplays
Tobe Hooper’s Salem’s Lot (PB)
The Interrogator and Other Criminally Good Fiction (PB)

wolfehr
04-05-2015, 07:22 AM
My 13lb grab bag arrived late last week and contained...

Amazonas by Alan Peter Ryan (S/L)
The Back of Beyond by Alan Peter Ryan (S/L)
Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train Special Definitive Edition by Clive Barker (S/L)
Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg
Dueling Minds edited by Brian James Freeman
Femme (Nameless Detective) by Bill Prozini
The Interrogator and Other Criminally Good Fiction by Ed Gorman (Paperback)
Pork Pie Hat by Peter Straub
Salome by Mick Garris (S/L)
Screamplays edited by Richard Chizmar and Martin H. Greenberg
The Influence by Bentley Little

racerx45
04-05-2015, 12:24 PM
My 13lb bag arrived last week and contained:

1. Amazonas – S/L, Alan Peter Ryan
2. The Back of Beyond – S/L, Alan Peter Ryan
3. Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters – S/L, Douglas Clegg (missing limitation page)
4. Doctor Sleep – Trade (Hodder & Stoughton), Stephen King
5. Femme – Trade, Bill Pronzini
6. The Hogben Chronicles – Numbered S/L (Borderlands Press), Henry Kuttner
7. The Influence – Trade, Bentley Little
8. The Loveliest Dead – S/L, Ray Garton (missing signature)
9. Pork Pie Hat – Trade, Peter Staub
10. Salome – Numbered S/L, Mick Garris
11. Screamplays – Trade, Richard Chizmar and Martin H. Greenberg

Only two of these are duplicates for me; so I did very well.

mkb.redux
04-05-2015, 12:29 PM

There are some base items that everyone gets and some items that vary from order to order. A few of the Grab Bags came in a few ounces short of the goal weight, so I said to give everyone Pork Pie Hat, too. :). So for most orders, you could call it a bonus item. These should be almost done shipping, Dan can let you know on Monday.

Brian

I treasure each and every one of my PORK PIEs.

How about an ARC/Proof Grab Bag for the next one? Lots of us like 'em, and buy the Early Readers package... maybe you have a few boxes of the older stuff sitting around?

goheat
04-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Got my Friday the 13th Grab Bag today. I have none of these, so I'm thrilled to try a bunch of new authors to me. Cemetery Dance comes through again!

Amazonas by Alan Peter Ryan (S/L)
Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg (S/L)
Salome by Mick Garris (S/L)
Fangoria: Cover to Cover (S/L)
Femme (Nameless Detective) by Bill Prozini
The Language of Fear by Del James S/L (missing limitation page)
Pork Pie Hat by Peter Straub
The Influence by Bentley Little
The Illustrated Stephen King Movie Trivia Book
The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book (Revised and Updated)

killjoy72
04-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Congrats everyone!

Kingfan24
04-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Faithful shipping has got to be close right?

webstar1000
04-09-2015, 06:13 AM

Thought you guys all got this already?

Kingfan24
04-09-2015, 06:31 AM

Thought you guys all got this already?

Ive just received the gift edition. I think some overseas customers may have received the s/l.

Brian James Freeman
04-09-2015, 10:11 AM

Limited Edition will be shipping later this month! There were problems with the traycases and they all had to be scrapped and made again from scratch.

Brian

Kingfan24
04-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Thanks! When will the next book in the color book series be able to be preordered?

Brian James Freeman
04-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks! When will the next book in the color book series be able to be preordered?

Soon! Tom is publishing them faster than folks can keep up. :)

Brian

LostAlivE
04-09-2015, 11:27 AM
What is the color book series? I haven't been on here in a while.
Also is "Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg (S/L)" a good read. I have been wanting to get this but haven't as of yet.

Kingfan24
04-09-2015, 11:39 AM
It's actually called the little book series and they are all a different color. This is the second series borderlands press has done. Joe hill has a confirmed title in the series so I am ordering the whole run through CD

MLG
04-09-2015, 11:49 AM
What is the color book series? I haven't been on here in a while.
Also is "Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg (S/L)" a good read. I have been wanting to get this but haven't as of yet.

Clegg is hit and miss for me but I really enjoyed this one.

LostAlivE
04-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Thank you guys for your answers.

amd013
04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Hi Brian,

I ordered the Carrie Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio. This is my first portfolio, so I am not familiar with the size or packaging etc.

If it is mailed in an envelope or something like that, then I am pretty sure my mail lady will try to squeeze it into my mailbox, (I have a mailbox like Carrie's in the artwork). I ordered Cemetery Dance #72, and that was folded to fit into my mailbox, so wanted to know in advance if I should change the shipping to UPS (since they can't use my mailbox).

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
04-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Hi Brian,

I ordered the Carrie Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio. This is my first portfolio, so I am not familiar with the size or packaging etc.

If it is mailed in an envelope or something like that, then I am pretty sure my mail lady will try to squeeze it into my mailbox, (I have a mailbox like Carrie's in the artwork). I ordered Cemetery Dance #72, and that was folded to fit into my mailbox, so wanted to know in advance if I should change the shipping to UPS (since they can't use my mailbox).

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, the dreaded "folded into a mailbox" problem is something we hate! Let me talk to Dan and Mindy about how these might be packed and shipped. This is a new size and style for us, so we have to plan. Thank you!

Brian

DanHocker
04-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Soon! Tom is publishing them faster than folks can keep up. :)

Brian

Us included...

DanHocker
04-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, the dreaded "folded into a mailbox" problem is something we hate! Let me talk to Dan and Mindy about how these might be packed and shipped. This is a new size and style for us, so we have to plan. Thank you!

Brian

I'm gonna say most likely it'll be in a box. We don't really ship artwork in hard sided envelopes anymore.

jcmanske
04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
How about an ARC/Proof Grab Bag for the next one? Lots of us like 'em, and buy the Early Readers package... maybe you have a few boxes of the older stuff sitting around?

I'll take two, please!

CyberGhostface
04-13-2015, 11:36 AM
J/w would The Shining be announced at the end of the year?

Brian James Freeman
04-13-2015, 11:40 AM
J/w would The Shining be announced at the end of the year?

Here's an answer AND a quick update on this set, all in one post. ;) The 'Salem's Lot text file was a mess and we're checking every page line by line right now against previous editions, so that has thrown off my plans a bit. But the signature sheets are with the artists and late summer still looks likely for that pub date. That means we'd probably announce The Shining right around when 'Salem's Lot ships, I think.

Best,
Brian

amd013
04-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi,

I was a little worried about my 13lb grab bag, it was shiped on the 3rd, and left Greensboro NC on the 6th, but then I didn't hear any updates until yesterday.

Sent an inquiry to the USPS, since this was a 2nd day priority shipping. Got a form response today, (basically saying "sometimes items get lost, our bad").

Anyway here's what I got: (14lbs)

1) The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia book / by Brian James Freeman, Bev Vincent
2) The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia book, Revised and Updated edition, by Brian and Bev
3) The Language of Fear (Signed Limited Edition) (but no signature or limitation page) / Del James
4) Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters (Limited Edition Hardcover) / Douglas Clegg
5) Salome (Limited Edition Hardcover, 372/750) / Mick Garris
6) The Influence / Bentley Little
7) Amazonas (signed Limited hardcover edition) / Alan Peter Ryan
8 ) Femme / Bill Pronzini
9) Fangoria: Cover to Cover, 35 Years of the Most Popular Horror Magazine (signed Limited Ed, but no signature/limitation page)
10) Pork Pie Hat / Peter Straub

Well I'm pretty limited in who I have read, so most of these are authors I have never head of (except 1,2,9,10).

Just curious, what the difference of the two trivia books is. Looks like they are both dated 2013.

Also curious why some covers stated they are Signed Limited editions buy don't have limitation pages. (not that I'm not gratful for all the other limited editions I received).

Looking forward to seeing just how much SK trivia I know.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
04-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi,

I was a little worried about my 13lb grab bag, it was shiped on the 3rd, and left Greensboro NC on the 6th, but then I didn't hear any updates until yesterday.

Sent an inquiry to the USPS, since this was a 2nd day priority shipping. Got a form response today, (basically saying "sometimes items get lost, our bad").

1) The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia book / by Brian James Freeman, Bev Vincent
2) The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia book, Revised and Updated edition, by Brian and Bev
3) The Language of Fear (Signed Limited Edition) (but no signature or limitation page) / Del James
9) Fangoria: Cover to Cover, 35 Years of the Most Popular Horror Magazine (signed Limited Ed, but no signature/limitation page)

Well I'm pretty limited in who I have read, so most of these are authors I have never head of (except 1,2,9,10).

Just curious, what the difference of the two trivia books is. Looks like they are both dated 2013.

Also curious why some covers stated they are Signed Limited editions buy don't have limitation pages. (not that I'm not gratful for all the other limited editions I received).

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike!

Glad to hear the package finally arrived. We just had one go to Mexico and then to Canada on the way to some place like Kansas City...!

For the Trivia books, one of them should have been The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book (Freeman & Vincent) and one should have been The Illustrated Stephen King MOVIE Trivia Book (Freeman & Quigley & Lilja)... If you ended up with two copies of the regular SK trivia book that Bev and I put together, let me know and I'll swap you one of them for the Movie one!

We used a few No Tips for these Grab Bags, "No Tips" meaning the printer missed the signature sheets or artwork that was supposed to be tipped into the book. That allowed us use a few Limited Editions that we wouldn't have used... so the quality and materials are the same as the regular Limited Edition for that title, but it's just missing the signature sheet (or artwork). For a book like FANGORIA, we thought that was a pretty nice upgrade over the trade edition!

Drop me a line via email (see my signature below) or a Private Message if you didn't get different versions of the trivia book and I'll get the correct one sent out right away. Thanks!

Brian

KingKorn
04-14-2015, 06:30 AM

Limited Edition will be shipping later this month! There were problems with the traycases and they all had to be scrapped and made again from scratch.

Brian

Hi Brian -

Does this mean that the white traycases with the red stitching design have all been scrapped? I'm sorry to hear if that's the case as i know that's gotta be costly and frustrating, but at the same time a little (admittedly selfishly) pleased. Since someone here pointed out how the stitching design on the traycase didn't match the way a baseball is actually stitched, I couldn't un-see it.

That's a big do over if all those traycases are being remade. Shipping in April still looking possible?

Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
04-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Does this mean that the white traycases with the red stitching design have all been scrapped? I'm sorry to hear if that's the case as i know that's gotta be costly and frustrating, but at the same time a little (admittedly selfishly) pleased. Since someone here pointed out how the stitching design on the traycase didn't match the way a baseball is actually stitched, I couldn't un-see it!

Well, the stamping didn't change for the new cases because it was the printer that flipped the plates so the books were already stamped that way. I think it would have only drawn more attention to the error to have the book one way and the case the other.

Brian

amd013
04-14-2015, 06:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike!

Glad to hear the package finally arrived. We just had one go to Mexico and then to Canada on the way to some place like Kansas City...!

For the Trivia books, one of them should have been The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book (Freeman & Vincent) and one should have been The Illustrated Stephen King MOVIE Trivia Book (Freeman & Quigley & Lilja)... If you ended up with two copies of the regular SK trivia book that Bev and I put together, let me know and I'll swap you one of them for the Movie one!

We used a few No Tips for these Grab Bags, "No Tips" meaning the printer missed the signature sheets or artwork that was supposed to be tipped into the book. That allowed us use a few Limited Editions that we wouldn't have used... so the quality and materials are the same as the regular Limited Edition for that title, but it's just missing the signature sheet (or artwork). For a book like FANGORIA, we thought that was a pretty nice upgrade over the trade edition!

Drop me a line via email (see my signature below) or a Private Message if you didn't get different versions of the trivia book and I'll get the correct one sent out right away. Thanks!

Brian

Hi Brian,

Just checked last night, and you are right the second book was the movies trivia book. Funny I went back to check, and thought "yep, both are the trivia book", then I noticed the movie projector on one of them and thought "hmmm", then I saw hiding right there in plain sight, the word "Movie" in the title of the book. I guess I unpacked this book after the first trivia book and somehow failed to notice the difference. The mind place tricks on you (or at least it does on me ;) )

Thanks for the offer to exchange the books, that was above and beyond the call of duty.

Thanks,
Mike

ps:

ah my 5th post, now I can put my master plan into motion, muh-ha-ha-cough-cough

pps:

please disregard the previous line, there is no master plan

ppps:

or is there?

webstar1000
04-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Hey Brian! if it has been answered then I am sorry but I am DYING to know who the artist is for the last book in the Double Day set! Can you tell us?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Hey Brian! if it has been answered then I am sorry but I am DYING to know who the artist is for the last book in the Double Day set! Can you tell us?

I think he said Glen Wheelan?

:evil:

webstar1000
04-15-2015, 07:35 AM

I think he said Glen Wheelan?

:evil:

LOL.

Brian James Freeman
04-15-2015, 07:39 AM

Ha, we haven't decided yet! Still talking to a few artists and then we'll send portfolios up to the decision makers!

Brian

webstar1000
04-15-2015, 07:56 AM

Ha, we haven't decided yet! Still talking to a few artists and then we'll send portfolios up to the decision makers!

Brian
Any chance the good folks here could be somewhat involved in the process to a degree? Maybe a vote?

Dan
04-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Got shipping notice for my PS Thinners. A little wait, but should be worth it!

allasorte
04-16-2015, 04:19 PM

I got my notice today so I figured sometime early next week. Nope. It was updated as out for delivery. I looked outside and the box was sitting right next to the door. Got my matching numbers of Carrie and Thinner today. Thanks CD!

jhanic
04-16-2015, 05:02 PM

I got my notice today so I figured sometime early next week. Nope. It was updated as out for delivery. I looked outside and the box was sitting right next to the door. Got my matching numbers of Carrie and Thinner today. Thanks CD!

:thumbsup:

John

Brian James Freeman
04-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Richard's thoughts on THE LONG WALK:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/revisiting-the-long-walk-by-richard-chizmar/

Brian

Aronstg
04-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Hey Brian.. is there any updates on Gone Girl? Any anticipated ship dates on that?

Thanks

Brian James Freeman
04-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Hey Brian.. is there any updates on Gone Girl? Any anticipated ship dates on that?

Thanks

We're still waiting on the author to sign the signature sheets.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-17-2015, 10:38 AM
The first copies of the Limited Edition of FAITHFUL are starting to ship:

http://i1.wp.com/www.bookstobenefit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/FaithfulLimitedEdition500.jpg?zoom=2&resize=500%2C667

Brian

Br!an
04-17-2015, 10:39 AM

Thanks

We're still waiting on the author to sign the signature sheets.

Brian

Déjà vu.

They say patience is a virtue.

_PCC_
04-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Any word on the Revival slipcases?

T-Dogz_AK47
04-19-2015, 10:15 AM

Yes! There is one! ;)

Brian

Brian

Hang on a minute, I'm confused now... :doh:

In the first post, there is an artist for Pet Sematary, but then in the second post (which was posted weeks later), an artist hasn't been decided on yet? :confused:

Brian, I think you have been teasing us again!! LOL! LOL! :lol:

Brian James Freeman
04-19-2015, 05:56 PM

Yes! There is one! ;)

Brian

Brian

Hang on a minute, I'm confused now... :doh:

In the first post, there is an artist for Pet Sematary, but then in the second post (which was posted weeks later), an artist hasn't been decided on yet? :confused:

Brian, I think you have been teasing us again!! LOL! LOL! :lol:

What's a Pet Sematary??

Brian