PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

webstar1000
07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
anyone wanna give up their World war Z s/l? Lol

_PCC_
07-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Any word on the Mr. Mercedes slipcase?

Roseannebarr
07-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Updates can be found on Cemetery Dance Website!!

Other Items:

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King trade hardcover from Scribner with aftermarket slipcase:
This is another publisher's book and our slipcase maker has started production on the slipcases, which should be completed in early October if all goes well.

Revival by Stephen King trade hardcover from Scribner with aftermarket slipcase:
This is another publisher's book and will be published in November 2014.

Brian James Freeman
07-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Another sneak peek at the interior artwork for Carrie:

http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king09interior02.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
07-31-2014, 08:28 AM
That's a very striking picture, but I cannot make out what it is... :confused:

Is it a dead pig? :orely:

SirFolio16
07-31-2014, 08:29 AM
Its the bloody pig head

Ari_Racing
07-31-2014, 08:40 AM
I love it!

SirFolio16
07-31-2014, 08:46 AM
I lile it a lot, but it makes me think of The Lord of the Flies.

Ben Staad
07-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Love the pig. :thumbsup:

Dano
07-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Sweet!

Dan

RichardX
07-31-2014, 04:32 PM
That boy is a p-i-g pig. Very nice.

sentinel
07-31-2014, 04:39 PM
"Guess what I am now"

Ricky
07-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Anybody want bacon?

mkberger
08-01-2014, 03:01 AM

We should have an extra copy available, but I won't know until after the orders are in hand. Will post to this thread as CD stuff arrives, but feel free to contact me separately.

webstar1000
08-01-2014, 05:47 AM

We should have an extra copy available, but I won't know until after the orders are in hand. Will post to this thread as CD stuff arrives, but feel free to contact me separately.
Are you a book dealer? And I sure will contact ya! Thanks

mkberger
08-01-2014, 06:28 AM

Are you a book dealer? And I sure will contact ya! Thanks

Not a dealer, but we've been on eBay for years and I'll often order an extra if I see something that I think will be exciting in the aftermarket. We also do consignment work (separate from our personal stuff) and that sometimes brings in exceptional things.

George at C-Springs
08-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Just got my Top Secret SK Grab Bag shipping notice:

Item #1) Top Secret Stephen King Super Collectors Grab Bag: This could be anything, we'll see. Fingers crossed for Blue Lines.

Item #2) SK Artwork Combo Pack: Sounds intriguing! Combo implies multiples, hopefully some original stuff in there and not just Chadbourne posters and such; some Dark Man originals would be pretty nice.

Item #3) SK Artwork Uncut Sheet: Uncut sheet usually means a master sheet with multiple images; could be a sheet of uncut covers, or one particular illustration several times over .... hmmm ......

Edit: Just checked UPS package tracking, still in Baltimore as of 0930 this morning, not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday afternoon. I find myself giddy with anticipation. :excited:

racerx45
08-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Just got my Top Secret SK Grab Bag shipping notice:

Item #1) Top Secret Stephen King Super Collectors Grab Bag: This could be anything, we'll see. Fingers crossed for Blue Lines.

Item #2) SK Artwork Combo Pack: Sounds intriguing! Combo implies multiples, hopefully some original stuff in there and not just Chadbourne posters and such; some Dark Man originals would be pretty nice.

Item #3) SK Artwork Uncut Sheet: Uncut sheet usually means a master sheet with multiple images; could be a sheet of uncut covers, or one particular illustration several times over .... hmmm ......

Edit: Just checked UPS package tracking, still in Baltimore as of 0930 this morning, not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday afternoon. I find myself giddy with anticipation. :excited:

I am glad to hear these are starting to ship, can wait to see my shipping notice. Please post some photos when you stuff arrives.

dnemec
08-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Got my shipping notice and it will be here Monday!!!!

I know someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply anywhere. Does someone have the entire list of things included in the grab bag? I like to keep a list on what I'm waiting for. Of course, I'm always waiting for a CD package!

George at C-Springs
08-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Got my shipping notice and it will be here Monday!!!!

I know someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply anywhere. Does someone have the entire list of things included in the grab bag? I like to keep a list on what I'm waiting for. Of course, I'm always waiting for a CD package!

There is no master list Des, it could be anything; artwork (including uncut sheets apparently!), ARCs/Proofs, S/Ls, Blue Lines, Production Materials (printing plates, etc.), probably some gift and trade editions, etc. It's basically anything leftover after book production ... hence the "Grab Bag" ... that is just taking up space in Brian's garage. :lol:

Aronstg
08-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I think I posted earlier what was all included.

If my memory serves me right the Uncut sheets are all of the same image. They were printed in the wrong size. I almost think they were from Dr Sleep?

I believe the Art package is some S/L prints and SK dust jackets

You get two Special Edition King books

1 bound proof

1 unbound proof which may have notes on it.

Aronstg
08-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Also.. can someone let me know what blue lines are? Haha

dnemec
08-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Thanks George and Aronstg. I knew there was nothing definitive, but there was a general list and I couldn't remember what was on it. I knew there was art mentioned, and I thought there were 2 special editions, but that's all I remembered. Senility setting in already, I guess. That's for the help, guys!

webstar1000
08-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Does anybody here wish that CD's Carrie was in their hands right now?

carlosdetweiller
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Does anybody here wish that CD's Carrie was in their hands right now?

I'm always on pins and needles when there's a fresh outpouring of Chadbourne artwork on the horizon.

MandaBunny
08-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm always on pins and needles when there's a fresh outpouring of Chadbourne artwork on the horizon.

You must be exhausted without ceasing.

Ari_Racing
08-01-2014, 05:51 PM

:emot-roflolmao:

Actually, isn't this one illustrated by Tomislav Tikulin? I loved the samples shown! So far, only the endpapers are illustrated by Glenn.

MandaBunny
08-01-2014, 05:55 PM
I thought he's only doing the signature sheet pieces.

carlosdetweiller
08-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Actually, isn't this one illustrated by Tomislav Tikulin? I loved the samples shown! So far, only the endpapers are illustrated by Glenn.

I'm sure you are right. I'm probably getting it confused with the PS Publishing version. Too many of these "special anniversary editions" for this old collector to keep them all straight.

Randall Flagg
08-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Too many of these "special anniversary editions" for this old collector to keep them all straight.
I find that hard to believe. You might be weary, but I think you have it all "straight".:wink:

Brian James Freeman
08-02-2014, 05:34 PM
If my memory serves me right the Uncut sheets are all of the same image. They were printed in the wrong size. I almost think they were from Dr Sleep?

I believe the Art package is some S/L prints and SK dust jackets

Yep, you nailed that. I held onto the last few good extras of the Doctor Sleep uncut artwork sheets, by the way, so if anyone has any trouble with their shipment when it arrives, drop me a line via email. We had to order extra large tubes for these due to their size.

Brian

herbertwest
08-04-2014, 02:15 AM
@Brian : i believe that you confirmed that Steve's introduction was previously published, but what after Tabitha's epilogue? Would it be her text from the introduction of the 1992's "collector's edition"?

herbertwest
08-04-2014, 02:17 AM
Here are 2 pictures that I found online. I could be wrong, but I dont remember seeing those signing sheets before?
In order : numbered, then lettered.

http://johnsteelwood.longshupublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/king09numberedsignaturesheet.jpg http://johnsteelwood.longshupublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/king09letteredsignaturesheet.jpg

biomieg
08-04-2014, 03:03 AM
I like the numbered better. Glenn is great at drawing/painting houses.

Kingfan24
08-04-2014, 04:14 AM
I like the numbered better. Glenn is great at drawing/painting houses.

I agree - I thought the people in SODVI and II were somewhat...strange

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2014, 04:41 AM
@Brian : i believe that you confirmed that Steve's introduction was previously published, but what after Tabitha's epilogue? Would it be her text from the introduction of the 1992's "collector's edition"?

Slightly revised, but basically the same -- yep!

thegreattim
08-04-2014, 04:55 AM
I kinda figured that was the case.

I was hoping when I bought this book that the ad copy mentioning exclusive features....

Special Features Exclusive To This Deluxe Special Edition:
• an introduction by Stephen King detailing why he wrote the book
• a lengthy afterword by Tabitha King discussing the book's unbridled exploration of adolescent terror, sexuality, and the unknown

... (emphasis mine) meant these essays were actually exclusive to this edition. Not to flame anyone or anything (I love CD books), but you could see why one would interpret this that way. So basically we're looking at the art and the telegram as the only "bonus" material for the first of the Doubleday Years?

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Yeah, we were promised essays from both of them, but we didn't know what exactly to expect when we announced the book other than the general themes of the essays. I'll update the sales copy accordingly. I do think the essays will be new to most collectors who haven't bought all of the reprint editions over the years, but if they were your only reason for ordering, drop Mindy a line at order@cemeterydance.com and she can help you with a refund!

Brian

mistercrowley
08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Hey Brian your inbox is full. I tried to message you back but it says you've exceeded your storage space.

Brian James Freeman
08-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey Brian your inbox is full. I tried to message you back but it says you've exceeded your storage space.

Making some room now, should be good to go -- thank you!

skyofcrack
08-04-2014, 11:30 AM
This artwork is really turning out amazing!

http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king09interior03.jpg

SirFolio16
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
WOW!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-04-2014, 12:07 PM
The artwork on this edition = Awesome Sauce!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Tommy
08-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Any chance of one great big Doubleday Days artwork portfolio after the last edition is published? I imagine doing six individual ones would be very difficult but maybe one big one would be easier and I'm sure it's way too early to speculate but I can't help myself :excited:

Frankie
08-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Tomislav is hitting it out of the park in a major way.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Any chance of one great big Doubleday Days artwork portfolio after the last edition is published? I imagine doing six individual ones would be very difficult but maybe one big one would be easier and I'm sure it's way too early to speculate but I can't help myself :excited:

One huge artwork portfolio to tie-in the entire Doubleday Years series would be awesome, especially if it was signed by Stephen King and maybe remarqued by some or all of the artists involved. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

webstar1000
08-05-2014, 03:52 AM

One huge artwork portfolio to tie-in the entire Doubleday Years series would be awesome, especially if it was signed by Stephen King and maybe remarqued by some or all of the artists involved. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

That would REALLY tie it all together eh?

thegreattim
08-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Yeah, we were promised essays from both of them, but we didn't know what exactly to expect when we announced the book other than the general themes of the essays. I'll update the sales copy accordingly. I do think the essays will be new to most collectors who haven't bought all of the reprint editions over the years, but if they were your only reason for ordering, drop Mindy a line at order@cemeterydance.com and she can help you with a refund!

Brian

No, not the only reason of course. But it would have been cool for sure. Thanks for the clarification, Brian.

thegreattim
08-05-2014, 04:58 AM
This artwork is really turning out amazing!

http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king09interior03.jpg

And adding my concurrence and praise for Tomislav's work. Every piece I see is better than the one before!

Dano
08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Loving the updates!!!

Dan

George at C-Springs
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
UPS is toying with me ... received only a portion of the Top Secret SK Super Collectors Grab Bag (TSSKSCGB), namely the tube with Uncut Sheet and Art Combo Pack. So here's what we've got so far:

Doctor Sleep Uncut Sheet: It's poster size (see the next photo down for comparison to the shipping tube), and is on a lightweight non-coated paper, very thin like a normal page. Some damage/crinkling to the upper left corner, beside the first train.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Dr_Sleep.jpg

Here's the backside of it, with tube for size reference:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Dr_Sleep_2.jpg

Signed Chadbourne Salem's Lot 1/500 Print

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Salem_s_Lot_1_of_500.jpg

FAB8 & FDNS S/L Dust Jackets

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Buick_8_FDNS.jpg

SOD1 S/L Dust Jacket

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/SOD_V1.jpg

Perhaps best of all, the list invoice of things still to come:

TSSKSCGB Item 1A - SK Review Copy $50.00
TSSKSCGB Item 1B - SK Inter-office Unbound Proof $500.00 (pitter-patter-pitter-patter-pitter-patter)
TSSKSCGB Item# 3 - Sold Out SK Special Edition Option C $225.00
TSSKSCGB Item #4 - Sold Out SK Special Edition Option F $225.00

And for a nice eye opener, "YOU HAVE SAVED $1555.00 ON THIS ORDER". Holy crap.

Jimimck
08-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Wow very cool!

Tommy
08-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Very nice! I can't wait to get mine! Has anyone else received a shipping notice yet?

dnemec
08-05-2014, 04:50 PM
UPS is toying with me ... received only a portion of the Top Secret SK Super Collectors Grab Bag (TSSKSCGB), namely the tube with Uncut Sheet and Art Combo Pack. So here's what we've got so far:

Doctor Sleep Uncut Sheet: It's poster size (see the next photo down for comparison to the shipping tube), and is on a lightweight non-coated paper, very thin like a normal page. Some damage/crinkling to the upper left corner, beside the first train.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Dr_Sleep.jpg

Here's the backside of it, with tube for size reference:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Dr_Sleep_2.jpg

Signed Chadbourne Salem's Lot 1/500 Print

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Salem_s_Lot_1_of_500.jpg

FAB8 & FDNS S/L Dust Jackets

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Buick_8_FDNS.jpg

SOD1 S/L Dust Jacket

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/SOD_V1.jpg

Perhaps best of all, the list invoice of things still to come:

TSSKSCGB Item 1B - SK Inter-office Unbound Proof $500.00 (pitter-patter-pitter-patter-pitter-patter)

And for a nice eye opener, "YOU HAVE SAVED $1555.00 ON THIS ORDER". Holy crap.

My boyfriend always that the "YOU HAVE SAVED $1555.00 ON THIS ORDER" is irrelevant. Of course, I've never saved that much on anything!!

That being said, my showed up in pretty bad shape, so I'll be getting a replacement. More fantastic customer service by CD!

Kingfan24
08-05-2014, 04:58 PM
so jealous... i wonder what the $225 items are...

Lurker
08-05-2014, 05:02 PM
I got my notice - says the same things, including option C and option F. That was August 1.
But when looking at the tracking it still says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS". No sign it's in the system yet. And what's with the 50.00 insurance? Really?

Brian James Freeman
08-05-2014, 05:07 PM
UPS is toying with me ... received only a portion of the Top Secret SK Super Collectors Grab Bag (TSSKSCGB), namely the tube with Uncut Sheet and Art Combo Pack.

I think the next phase is shipping completely separately this month because Dan is working this special offer -- which wasn't originally on his To Do list when the dozen new books started arriving! -- around all of the other work. :)

Brian

George at C-Springs
08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I think the next phase is shipping completely separately this month because Dan is working this special offer --which wasn't originally on his To Do list when the dozen new books started arriving! -- around all of the other work.

I saw that on the packing slip Brian ... only art shipped at this time, I just like poking fun at the postal system. The wait is excrutiating! I like the Chadbourne print and the uncut sheet (just don't know what I'm going to do with it!). If I might suggest, next time you ship a large print in a tube pack both ends with some compressed packing tissue or paper to prevent the contents from banging around in there. That's 'business as usual' for large art prints.

Robert Fulman
08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I haven't received a shipping notice yet on my TSSKSCGB. As cool as the art and dust jackets are, it's the books I'm excited for...

Brian James Freeman
08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
If I might suggest, next time you ship a large print in a tube pack both ends with some compressed packing tissue or paper to prevent the contents from banging around in there. That's 'business as usual' for large art prints.

I will pass that along to the warehouse -- thanks for the heads-up!

Brian

MLG
08-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Received my shipping notice for the Art portion of the purchase yesterday.

racerx45
08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
George at C-Springs – Thanks for the photos, I haven’t received my shipping notice yet but I am eagerly awaiting that.

DanHocker
08-06-2014, 06:08 AM
The rest should be leaving with the post office this morning. They should have left yesterday actually as they where packed and ready to go, but unfortunately in the scramble that was the end of the day on Monday I forgot to schedule the pickup.

webstar1000
08-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Am the only one left that has not received there Dark Man Port? lol

thegunslinger41
08-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Yo peeps at CD! Can I get an update on the WWZ S/L? Gitter done! :)

-Gabriel

Brian James Freeman
08-06-2014, 09:49 AM

-Gabriel

Rolling at the printer and our first copies of WWZ and Zombie Survival Guide should arrive around the end of the month!

Brian

Kingfan24
08-06-2014, 09:59 AM
People already selling the first portion of the grab bag on eBay - makes me even more mad I didn't get one.

webstar1000
08-06-2014, 10:05 AM

-Gabriel

Rolling at the printer and our first copies of WWZ and Zombie Survival Guide should arrive around the end of the month!

Brian

I want one of each!!!! Please Bri.... PC's... I do not care. Help a poor guy out:)

Brian James Freeman
08-06-2014, 10:08 AM

-Gabriel

Brian

I want one of each!!!! Please Bri.... PC's... I do not care. Help a poor guy out:)

Drop me a line when they arrive in the warehouse because that's when we confirm retailer orders, etc, and know if we have any left!

Brian

webstar1000
08-06-2014, 10:12 AM

-Gabriel

Brian

Drop me a line when they arrive in the warehouse because that's when we confirm retailer orders, etc, and know if we have any left!

Brian

Oh I will brother! Thanks Brian!

Aronstg
08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
People already selling the first portion of the grab bag on eBay - makes me even more mad I didn't get one.

I'm pretty excited to get mine. I hope I get a FDNS DJ because I actually need one.

And if you are interested in a lot of this stuff Kingfan I could probably work out some kind of trade for you. If one of the special gifts is the Special Edition Carrie, then I already have one coming. I'm mostly excited for the interoffice proof.

Kingfan24
08-06-2014, 10:22 AM

I'm pretty excited to get mine. I hope I get a FDNS DJ because I actually need one.

And if you are interested in a lot of this stuff Kingfan I could probably work out some kind of trade for you. If one of the special gifts is the Special Edition Carrie, then I already have one coming. I'm mostly excited for the interoffice proof.

I'm mostly upset that I didn't even receive the email until a day after the grab bag went on sale. I'm a constant buyer of all things CD King related. I've got both editions of Carrie on order and the numbered faithful. I was also excited when I read unbound proof, but alas when I clicked the link it had already been sold out for a day or so. Oh well you can't win em all.

Roseannebarr
08-06-2014, 10:37 AM

I'm mostly upset that I didn't even receive the email until a day after the grab bag went on sale. I'm a constant buyer of all things CD King related. I've got both editions of Carrie on order and the numbered faithful. I was also excited when I read unbound proof, but alas when I clicked the link it had already been sold out for a day or so. Oh well you can't win em all.

did you sign up for the SK newsletters specifically? I think that is an option. Arnostg beat me to it! I am willing to get you most of whats in my grab bag too!

Kingfan24
08-06-2014, 10:49 AM
No I think the email is for customers who buy king specifically, not to the general SK newsletter folks, though I could be wrong

Dan
08-06-2014, 11:58 AM
The email was sent to a specific group. If you didn't get it, then you are not a part of that group.

Kingfan24
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
The email was sent to a specific group. If you didn't get it, then you are not a part of that group.

Yeah that's what I thought, I got it, but a day later than everyone else lol

George at C-Springs
08-06-2014, 12:04 PM

This is actually the first time I've considered immediately selling something that I bought, only because I don't really need the dust jackets and they'll just be in a tube in a storage room taking up space; but the uncut Doctor Sleep sheet and Salem's Lot print aren't going anywhere!

Yes, probably!

The rest should be leaving with the post office this morning. They should have left yesterday actually as they where packed and ready to go, but unfortunately in the scramble that was the end of the day on Monday I forgot to schedule the pickup.

Thx for the update Dan, looking forward to the TSSKSCGB treasure trove!

MandaBunny
08-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah that's what I thought, I got it, but a day later than everyone else lol

Since you got the email and it's obvious you were part of the group, perhaps it got stuck in your email service. I know in Outlook it has a date stamp for sent and received, if you can see that you can probably tell if it was delayed somewhere in the interwebs.

DanHocker
08-06-2014, 01:01 PM

Send me an email with your order information and I'll look into it for you. We should have shipped them all at this point, unless your order is stuck for some reason or another.

Br!an
08-06-2014, 02:25 PM

Yes

herbertwest
08-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Two Cemetery Dance magazine are show in picture of a movie :
>>> http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/77681/first-images-show-truly-killer-rack#axzz39jP2yaBR

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/aug14/killer-rack-6.jpg

webstar1000
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM

Yes

LOOOL yep your right... a little glitch Mindy said. Sitting there in the warehouse. Sending now she said! Glad I said something:)

Br!an
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Yes

LOOOL yep your right... a little glitch Mindy said. Sitting there in the warehouse. Sending now she said! Glad I said something:)

I had to email Mindy last week about mine. They had a glitch that caused a disconnect it seems.

MandaBunny
08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I had to email Mindy last week about mine. They had a glitch that caused a disconnect it seems.

If you see everyone else getting their orders of the same item you ordered and you haven't received a shipping notice, always go directly to emailing Mindy because orders getting stuck is always possible, it happened to me a while back.

Dan
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Am I to read this as we have shipped out all of the secret grab bags? I ordered but have not received any shipping notice.

racerx45
08-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Am I to read this as we have shipped out all of the secret grab bags? I ordered but have not received any shipping notice.

Dan-
I had the same concern about not having a shipping notice. I email Dan and he replied that mine had shipped but Mindy has been out of the office so the shipping noticed have not gone out. Hopefully that is the same for your order too.

Dan
08-07-2014, 10:50 AM

Dan-
I had the same concern about not having a shipping notice. I email Dan and he replied that mine had shipped but Mindy has been out of the office so the shipping noticed have not gone out. Hopefully that is the same for your order too.

That would be great! I've actually had items arrive before the shipping notice and didn't realize that this was the reason.

Br!an
08-07-2014, 11:11 AM

If you see everyone else getting their orders of the same item you ordered and you haven't received a shipping notice, always go directly to emailing Mindy because orders getting stuck is always possible, it happened to me a while back.

I always do. Now that I think about it I better check my list of CD open orders to make sure I didn't miss out on anything already shipped.

Tommy
08-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Dan or Brian, Has the last of the Doctor Sleep remarqued copies returned and/or are shipping soon?

Dan
08-07-2014, 01:05 PM
I just received my shipping notice!!

Robert Fulman
08-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I just received my shipping notice for the first part of this deal, and it references "Option C" and "Option F". Does this support the belief that the two books are "Carrie" and "Faithful", or is CD just messing with us?

Tommy
08-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Dan or Brian, Has the last of the Doctor Sleep remarqued copies returned and/or are shipping soon?

BUMP

Dan
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
I just received my shipping notice!!

And it looks like it will be delivered today!

George at C-Springs
08-08-2014, 09:26 AM
I just received my shipping notice for the first part of this deal, and it references "Option C" and "Option F". Does this support the belief that the two books are "Carrie" and "Faithful", or is CD just messing with us?

That occured to me as well. If they are it's very creative. Anyone have an A, B, D, E, or other? Brian, you just funnin' with us?

DanHocker
08-08-2014, 09:46 AM

BUMP

Sorry Tommy I was hoping Brian would see it and reply. Everything we have received has shipped though and I know there's a few more to go yet. I'll send him and email and see where we're at with the rest.

racerx45
08-08-2014, 10:06 AM
I never received a shipping notice for my TSSKSCGB, but that’s ok because the tube of art work showed up today. Very cool, it’s the same package as George posted earlier. Can’t wait for the next round of shipments.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the uncut Doctor Sleep sheet?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-08-2014, 10:10 AM

Cut it?

Brian James Freeman
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM

BUMP

Sorry Tommy I was hoping Brian would see it and reply. Everything we have received has shipped though and I know there's a few more to go yet. I'll send him and email and see where we're at with the rest.

I think there is one more round to send to Erin, but I have to check when she's back in her studio.

Brian

George at C-Springs
08-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Cut it?

Infidel!

Lurker
08-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Mine came today too - same as George's. The uncut sheet was crinkled on one side. As someone who collects movie posters - those are always put in a tight fitting plastic bag beofre putting in a tube. That way the top and bottom don't get messed up and it can be pulled out without touching it. But this shipped with other stuff so...just a thought.
Is the back side of the uncut sheet from the book? I will admit most everything that comes in nowadays is just put in Excel and then put in boxes for moving. But as a former biologist, I would frame that side!

Don't know what else is coming - but if they wanted to throw in one of those baseball cards to the biggest Red Sox fan here, I wouldn't object.

Tommy
08-08-2014, 01:40 PM

BUMP

I think there is one more round to send to Erin, but I have to check when she's back in her studio.

Brian

Thanks guys, I thought all of them had already came back, absolutely no need to rush her work for me!

Robert Fulman
08-08-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm going to take Another look, but the back of my uncut sheet is all white.

Dan
08-08-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm going to take Another look, but the back of my uncut sheet is all white.

Same

DanHocker
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Mine came today too - same as George's. The uncut sheet was crinkled on one side. As someone who collects movie posters - those are always put in a tight fitting plastic bag beofre putting in a tube. That way the top and bottom don't get messed up and it can be pulled out without touching it. But this shipped with other stuff so...just a thought.
Is the back side of the uncut sheet from the book? I will admit most everything that comes in nowadays is just put in Excel and then put in boxes for moving. But as a former biologist, I would frame that side!

Don't know what else is coming - but if they wanted to throw in one of those baseball cards to the biggest Red Sox fan here, I wouldn't object.

Some of the sheets have printing on the back of them. That printing could be a number of different things, none of which is from Doctor Sleep though. I know I saw a substance abuse book printing as well as some medical stuff as well. As far as the crinkling goes, unfortunately that is something we did not anticipate, as it is a problem that seems to be specific to the material the sheets are made out of and how thin / flimsy it is. It's not a problem we've ever really had before with any of our art prints / posters.

Robert Fulman
08-09-2014, 05:33 AM
I have no problem with the crinkling. The sheet maintains it's value as an oddity to me. And let's be honest, the real value in this grab bag is in the books.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 07:48 AM
A note to anyone who bought the Grab Bag with the uncut artwork sheets:

The next part of that deal will be shipping after the next batch of books is finished, and it includes the ARCs and the inter-office unbound proofs. We can't take requests, BUT... if you bought this deal and you email me your name and which of our Stephen King books you like the best, I could certainly TRY to get you at least something associated with that project. Use my brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com email address and I will reply to confirm I received your message.

Also, since Dan is shipping this offer around his regular work, any special requests I try to fill will go out the door first. So you could even just email to get yours sooner if you wanted, ha! :)

These packages are still down the list a bit, though, because there are a ton of new books here (and on the way here) and this deal was kind of a spur of the moment offer. Your patience is, as always, very much appreciated!

Brian

Robert Fulman
08-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Getting back on the subject of the uncut artwork sheets, I seem to remember that they were described as being the wrong size. What was the original purpose of these sheets? If they were tests of some sort, why were there so many copies made? Hopefully, I'm not the only one curious about how these sheets fit in with the publishing process.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Getting back on the subject of the uncut artwork sheets, I seem to remember that they were described as being the wrong size. What was the original purpose of these sheets? If they were tests of some sort, why were there so many copies made? Hopefully, I'm not the only one curious about how these sheets fit in with the publishing process.

The actual prints on them are the wrong trim size, if I recall correctly, so they would have been smaller than the book pages when they were trimmed and tipped into place.

The reason some of the sheets have other materials on the back is because our printer used them for test runs of other books before they realized we would want at least some of them shipped to us. But most of that shipment was then damaged in transit because the sheets are large and pallet based shipping isn't always the most delicate process. ;)

Brian

webstar1000
08-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Brian, have you inked the deal on one of your wonderful S/L's for Kings new book Revival yet? :biggrin1:

DanHocker
08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
To add to what Brian said, If I remember correctly these images where the fold out artwork in the book and I believe they are printed as if they where not meant to fold out.

richardsrarebooks
08-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Just received the "out-of-print" grab bag from CD. Oh joy, "The Dark Man Art Portfolio" with the smudging (that I had earlier returned) included! Probably one of the returns they received earlier from customers. It's a grab bag so no returns allowed. A real disappointment.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Just received the "out-of-print" grab bag from CD. Oh joy, "The Dark Man Art Portfolio" with the smudging (that I had earlier returned) included! Probably one of the returns they received earlier from customers. It's a grab bag so no returns allowed. A real disappointment.

People who have emailed me or Mindy in the past have found that we can make exceptions to pretty much any rule or situation including no returns or disappointment in Grab Bags -- including sending an alternate selection. Of course, it's more fun to post something a tab bit snarky on a message board, I guess. :) Mr. Unz, if you'd like to contact us, please feel free to do so at your earliest convenience.

Brian

richardsrarebooks
08-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Sorry if you took offense Mr Freeman. Just thought shipping out a product which has a known problem (smudging on the prints) would not be the best of choices. It's the only product of yours that I have ever returned. Thanks for the quick response.

The Library Policeman
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
The smudging on the portfolio is easily rectified. Took me less than 10 minutes to fix mine.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 12:02 PM
The smudging on the portfolio is easily rectified. Took me less than 10 minutes to fix mine.

Sorcerer!!

As has been noted here in the past, the rubbing is because we used a black interior for the cases instead of white. We try to never use white on slipcase interiors because it looks cheap -- the black material costs a little more but gives a cleaner overall look to the case -- but in this situation, it turns out that the black material rubs onto the white pages. This was unexpected, but now we know for future projects, and, luckily, the smudges can be easily removed. :)

Best,
Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Sorry if you took offense Mr Freeman. Just thought shipping out a product which has a known problem (smudging on the prints) would not be the best of choices. It's the only product of yours that I have ever returned. Thanks for the quick response.

Feel free to contact Mindy about returning the portfolio for something else if you'd like. Her email address is order@cemeterydance.com or you can reply to your order confirmation email.

Best,
Brian

Roseannebarr
08-11-2014, 12:13 PM

Feel free to contact Mindy about returning the portfolio for something else if you'd like. Her email address is order@cemeterydance.com or you can reply to your order confirmation email.

Best,
Brian

Can I return mine for an IT portfolio, S/L Doctor Sleep and Art Portfolio and an SK signed Faithful. You can ask him to sign my copy of faithful when he is in the office signing all those copies of the S/L Revival. You guys are the best!

Glen

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Best,
Brian

Can I return mine for an IT portfolio, S/L Doctor Sleep and Art Portfolio and an SK signed Faithful. You can ask him to sign my copy of faithful when he is in the office signing all those copies of the S/L Revival. You guys are the best!

Glen

:rock:

Brian

The Library Policeman
08-11-2014, 12:29 PM

Sorcerer!!

As has been noted here in the past, the rubbing is because we used a black interior for the cases instead of white. We try to never use white on slipcase interiors because it looks cheap -- the black material costs a little more but gives a cleaner overall look to the case -- but in this situation, it turns out that the black material rubs onto the white pages. This was unexpected, but now we know for future projects, and, luckily, the smudges can be easily removed. :)

Best,
Brian

I'm just the apprentice. Racerx45 who posts here is the real sorcerer :evil:

Randall Flagg
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Of course, it's more fun to post something a tab bit snarky on a message board, I guess. :) Mr. Unz, if you'd like to contact us, please feel free to do so at your earliest convenience.

Brian
Everyone please give Brian some rep for that one.

I love that CD almost always responds instantly. Members should always give CD (and or Brian) a chance to resolve the issue before coming here....who knows, CD might even throw in a bonus. Don't quote me on that. :)

KingKorn
08-11-2014, 03:38 PM

I don't have as many posts as even this guy, and his name indicates he's some kind of pro collector (which I am not). I'm still learning my way around not just this forum, but collecting in general. Even as a relative noob, though, I'd never expect an approach like public ridicule and snarkiness to do anything but make a situation I'm unhappy with even worse.

But, then again, I'm just not that type of person. Not too many people are. The few who are stick out like sore, dirty thumbs. It seems to me that the ones who fire off with crybaby sarcasm and "disappointment" because their incredible deal (that they were lucky to be offered in the first place) wasn't perfect, usually have no idea how they come off to others. They can never take a breath and understand that remaining calm, and talking to someone directly about a problem is the best way to rectify a situation to your satisfaction.

Or, maybe these types don't really care about working things out. To them, fixing the problem is never a goal. They'd rather suffer on with their dissatisfaction, focusing on the true issue: not being given a 100% perfect experience to start with. And that is such an unforgivable slight to their overblown pride, that belittling the offending provider in a public venue is the only satisfaction they really want.

Congrats, Brian, for handling it so smoothly.

- Patrick

richardsrarebooks
08-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Wow, from a four sentence post, you have me figured out! I have apologized to Brian and never intended to "belittle" anyone. Have a nice day.

Randall Flagg
08-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Both of you relax. Look back through a few thousand posts.
The last thing we want or need is for new members to feel unwanted; or fight with each other.
I suggest both of you skip the emotion in your last few posts and just enjoy the site.
Obviously I am prejudiced, but both of you can (if you try) find great stuff here,
So move along, enjoy, and be glad the crow-man is feeling nice today.

Merlin1958
08-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Sorcerer!!

Best,
Brian

I'm just the apprentice. Racerx45 who posts here is the real sorcerer :evil:

But I have the name!!! LOL

And the art...

http://imageshack.com/a/img690/8987/completedmickey6.jpg

stroppygoblin
08-12-2014, 12:49 AM
I have the hat! (this is what makes you a REAL Wizard)

http://www.fantasycomic.com/t/linked/rincewindhat.jpg

Goblin's don't wear hats... makes their ears itch..

Tommy
08-12-2014, 01:16 AM
I have the hat! (this is what makes you a REAL Wizard)

http://www.fantasycomic.com/t/linked/rincewindhat.jpg

Goblin's don't wear hats... makes their ears itch..

So what DO Goblins do with hats or maybe I don't want to know? :eek:

SirFolio16
08-12-2014, 07:21 AM
So is there to be a Revival LE??? Or is this still just wishful thinking....

I have to say based on the reviews I have read, what I am reading here, and the descriptions that are out there... I am super stoked to read this one...

jonp
08-12-2014, 07:24 AM
I suspect from the silence from Brian that he can't say at the moment. So maybe there will be a S/L of Revival.

webstar1000
08-12-2014, 07:25 AM
I suspect from the silence from Brian that he can't say at the moment. So maybe there will be a S/L of Revival.

Long as it is done by CD I am good with it:)

ICry4Oy
08-12-2014, 09:28 AM
...and, luckily, the smudges can be easily removed. :)

Best,
Brian

^truth :thumbsup:

Patrick
08-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Brian, here is a general CD website question:

What is the status of getting the Paypal payment option fixed? I know it only affects a subset of your customer base, but I have become one who has the problem. I swear it used to work just fine, now it doesn't.

Also, if a solution is still distant, can the programmers fix it such that the credit card payment options reappear when the Paypal option fails? Otherwise the CD site only keeps showing that non-working Paypal option. Currently I have to clear my browser, re-log in, and reload my cart in order to use a credit card.

Thanks, amigo.
- Patrick

Tommy
08-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I had problems using the Paypal option a few weeks back but the problem has since gone away for me

Brian James Freeman
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM

What is the status of getting the Paypal payment option fixed? I know it only affects a subset of your customer base, but I have become one who has the problem. I swear it used to work just fine, now it doesn't.

Also, if a solution is still distant, can the programmers fix it such that the credit card payment options reappear when the Paypal option fails? Otherwise the CD site only keeps showing that non-working Paypal option. Currently I have to clear my browser, re-log in, and reload my cart in order to use a credit card.

Thanks, amigo.
- Patrick

Is this issue when using a coupon code or Gift Certificate for the entire purchase price and paying for the shipping costs via PayPal?

Brian

Patrick
08-14-2014, 11:40 AM
It is while trying to use coupons or certificates for part of the price and then using Paypal for the remainder of the price plus shipping.

Brian James Freeman
08-14-2014, 12:14 PM
It is while trying to use coupons or certificates for part of the price and then using Paypal for the remainder of the price plus shipping.

Gotcha. I thought they had fixed that, but let me ask again!

Brian

Patrick
08-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks again, Brian. I need to lock down a copy of October Dreams 2.

Br!an
08-14-2014, 01:15 PM

Brian

I had the same problem, repeatedly. I am still not able to purchase using Firefox. I was able to place my last order using IE though.

Brian James Freeman
08-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Brian

I had the same problem, repeatedly. I am still not able to purchase using Firefox. I was able to place my last order using IE though.

I had to go back through my notes to find out what the they had said about this. They're claiming it's always been a problem with PayPal because PayPal doesn't recognize the cart total has changed, but I had never heard of anyone having the problem before the recent upgrade to our checkout process. I'll ask again if they have any way of fixing it since I'm 99.9999999% sure it used to work just fine.

Brian

Br!an
08-14-2014, 01:59 PM

Brian

I had to go back through my notes to find out what the they had said about this. They're claiming it's always been a problem with PayPal because PayPal doesn't recognize the cart total has changed, but I had never heard of anyone having the problem before the recent upgrade to our checkout process. I'll ask again if they have any way of fixing it since I'm 99.9999999% sure it used to work just fine.

Brian

I never had a problem spending my money on your site prior to the upgrade. :rolleyes:

Brian James Freeman
08-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Last call for the special requests for the SK Grab Bag that includes the unbound interoffice proof pages and the SK review copy.

It'll still be a couple of weeks before we can ship these orders because Dan is in the middle of shipping A Simple Plan and then The Ruins, but I have to make any special requests in the system on each individual order and that'll take some work/time, so I want to do it sooner than later to be safe.

Again, I can't promise to get everyone something from the book they want, but for those of you who gave me several options of different books you like, I think I'll be able to get you at least one of those in some form.

Also, I've replied to every email I've received about these requests, so if you didn't see a reply, email me again or send me a PM on here. :)

Brian

Robert Fulman
08-15-2014, 11:58 AM
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag74/Robert_Fulman/wobbly_zps7d2aa1ef.jpg

(In case anyone is wondering where they're going to find all these inter-office proofs...)

Randall Flagg
08-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Rep for that post!

biomieg
08-15-2014, 12:08 PM
+1!

(love the trademark Brian James Freeman 'ha!')

The Library Policeman
08-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Haha nice one! :lol:

stroppygoblin
08-15-2014, 12:19 PM
:rofl: :clap:

Dan
08-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Has CD received their copies of PS Publishing version of Carrie? I'm patiently waiting for mine to ship. Well, mostly patient...

Scoogs
08-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Are the Max Brooks titles still on schedule for August?

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2014, 04:07 AM
Has CD received their copies of PS Publishing version of Carrie? I'm patiently waiting for mine to ship. Well, mostly patient...

I think the first mail bag of them arrived on Friday. We won't be able to start shipping until more copies arrive, but hopefully that won't be too long!

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2014, 04:09 AM

They'll ship to us from the printer in the next two weeks or so, but there's a long line in the warehouse right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ship out to customers until September.

Brian

stroppygoblin
08-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Look out for #1 !! :evil:

T-Dogz_AK47
08-18-2014, 07:00 AM

Yes please!!! LOL! :panic:

Dan
08-18-2014, 10:41 AM

I think the first mail bag of them arrived on Friday. We won't be able to start shipping until more copies arrive, but hopefully that won't be too long!

Thanks!

DoctorZaius
08-18-2014, 12:10 PM

They'll ship to us from the printer in the next two weeks or so, but there's a long line in the warehouse right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ship out to customers until September.

Brian

UGH!!! I am dying to see these!

Ricky
08-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Is The Prophet still on schedule to ship this month? I just checked the production updates page, and it doesn't seem like it's been pushed back any more.

Robert Fulman
08-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Last week, CD had a "Spend $49, get $120 worth of free stuff" offer. I subscribed to CD Magazine for a year and received this as a free bonus:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag74/Robert_Fulman/431CB567-1615-4407-A9DF-5D8B2D24D0B1_zpstn2h2znh.jpg

It's better than anything SI ever offered!

racerx45
08-18-2014, 02:27 PM
very cool!

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Is The Prophet still on schedule to ship this month? I just checked the production updates page, and it doesn't seem like it's been pushed back any more.

Yep, books are shipping to us this week, so then it's just a matter of when the warehouse is able to get to them on the big list. This edition turned out really nice!

Brian

Ricky
08-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks, Brain! Can't wait. I love the cover art.

Merlin1958
08-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Yes please!!! LOL! :panic:

Brian, you can't give "No. 1" to a "Brit"!! They'll get all swelled headed and think they want to take back the "Colonies" and that would be really embarrassing. No. 1 needs to stay in the good old U.S.A.!!!!

On the other hand, frankly I don't give a damn one way or the other!! LOL LOL Tim? I don't think, Darth Vader has that kind of "Power", but he could definitely hit for "Average". LOL Do you realize the "Empire" reference?

T-Dogz_AK47
08-19-2014, 04:01 AM
Brian, you can't give "No. 1" to a "Brit"!! They'll get all swelled headed and think they want to take back the "Colonies" and that would be really embarrassing. No. 1 needs to stay in the good old U.S.A.!!!!

Not a chance!!! No. 1 belongs to the Lion!!!! :P :rofl:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/British_lion_and_Union_flag_zps592d50c2.jpg

Originally Posted by Merlin1958
On the other hand, frankly I don't give a damn one way or the other!! LOL LOL Tim? I don't think, Darth Vader has that kind of "Power", but he could definitely hit for "Average". LOL Do you realize the "Empire" reference?

HAHAHAHA!!! I thought my Star Wars joke was rather forced, but your comment made me spray coffee all over my laptop!!! LOL!!! :lol:

Ben Mears
08-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Brian,

Perchance do you have ship dates for Carrie gift edition and October Dreams II unsigned gift edition?

Thanks,
BM

Br!an
08-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Just received my pristine copy of A Simple Plan and the shipping notice for The Ruins. :P

Brian James Freeman
08-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Brian,

Perchance do you have ship dates for Carrie gift edition and October Dreams II unsigned gift edition?

Thanks,
BM

I'll have a better idea on both in about two weeks when I get the printer schedule!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Just received my pristine copy of A Simple Plan and the shipping notice for The Ruins. :P

Hope you like them! We're really pleased with how these editions turned out.

Brian

Ben Mears
08-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Brian,

Thanks,
BM

I'll have a better idea on both in about two weeks when I get the printer schedule!

Brian

Thanks Brian.

ELazansky
08-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Brian

I also got A Simple Plan today - nice book, but that signature has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Can't post a pic right now, but wow...

F1racefan
08-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Last week, CD had a "Spend $49, get $120 worth of free stuff" offer. I subscribed to CD Magazine for a year and received this as a free bonus:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag74/Robert_Fulman/431CB567-1615-4407-A9DF-5D8B2D24D0B1_zpstn2h2znh.jpg

It's better than anything SI ever offered!

I received a Darkman portfolio #31 for my $49 gift. If anyone wants to trade for "A simple Plan" or "Smoke & Mirrors" LMK

Br!an
08-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Brian

I also got A Simple Plan today - nice book, but that signature has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Can't post a pic right now, but wow...

At first I wasn't sure if it was the signature or someone had a stroke while holding a pen over the page.

Roseannebarr
08-20-2014, 08:34 AM

Brian

At first I wasn't sure if it was the signature or someone had a stroke while holding a pen over the page.

A simple plan was an excellent book! I was tempted to buy it, but now i am glad i didn't. I hate when an author doesn;t care enough and sloppily signs their books. I love Michael Connelly books, but after getting 1 book signed (scribbled) i will never buy another. A waste of money!

racerx45
08-20-2014, 11:01 AM

Brian

A simple plan was an excellent book! I was tempted to buy it, but now i am glad i didn't. I hate when an author doesn;t care enough and sloppily signs their books. I love Michael Connelly books, but after getting 1 book signed (scribbled) i will never buy another. A waste of money!

I received mine today and would not say the signature looks sloppily. One of the letters looks sloppily, but the others are easy to read. I just don’t know why his signature is So2 … or maybe it is sloppily and just looks like So2? :nope:
I do agree that paying for a signed limited and getting an initialed (I am assuming that is what the three lettered are supposed to be) lettered is disappointing.

webstar1000
08-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Brian, I see there are GE's left of Carrie... might I ask what the count is that remains?

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Brian, I see there are GE's left of Carrie... might I ask what the count is that remains?

You can certainly ask! :)

Brian

webstar1000
08-21-2014, 11:27 AM

Brian

LOL.. ok, fair enough.. asked then. haha

Brian James Freeman
08-21-2014, 11:38 AM

Brian

:) There are about 650 copies left if we do NOT send copies to the larger retailers and distributors. If we did fill all of those orders, the edition would be out of print. Since it's better for us to sell directly to as many customers as we can, we'll probably fill a small percentage of the distributor orders and keep the rest of the copies to sell on our website.

Brian

RichardX
08-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Brian

I've never read SP but enjoyed the movie. Hated "The Ruins" book and movie. It had that made for Sci Fi Channel feel. Maybe the author just has awful handwriting.

CyberGhostface
08-24-2014, 02:32 PM
J/w when future gift editions are close to selling out can you notify us via the newsletter? I'd like to get 'Salem's Lot but IDK if I can get it immediately.

Brian James Freeman
08-24-2014, 06:54 PM
J/w when future gift editions are close to selling out can you notify us via the newsletter? I'd like to get 'Salem's Lot but IDK if I can get it immediately.

Yep, we usually try to post a note when a book is running low!

Brian

Tommy
08-25-2014, 11:31 PM

Thanks, amigo.
- Patrick

Is this issue when using a coupon code or Gift Certificate for the entire purchase price and paying for the shipping costs via PayPal?

Brian
I am having this problem again with another order, It will not even let me check out with the check option selected now, it was fixed for a while but not any more

Br!an
08-26-2014, 03:30 AM

Thanks, amigo.
- Patrick

Brian
I am having this problem again with another order, It will not even let me check out with the check option selected now, it was fixed for a while but not any more

Try a different browser. I had the problem repeatedly with Firefox but was able to place an order with IE.

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2014, 04:48 AM

Could you take a screenshot of the error message you're receiving when you try to use the check option and email it to me, so I can pass that along to the developer to maybe speed up the process of getting it fixed? I can't replicate the error at the moment for some reason. Thank you!

Brian

sharki69
08-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Brian - don't know if someone already asked this - are you taking "numbered" orders for PS Thinner to match sets ?

Thanks

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Brian - don't know if someone already asked this - are you taking "numbered" orders for PS Thinner to match sets ?

Thanks

Yep, Pete says we're definitely getting the same batch of numbers from here on out. We emailed the link to the PS Publishing Carrie customers yesterday. If you didn't get it, just let me know because we're emailing a larger list of SK fans today!

Brian

sharki69
08-26-2014, 06:57 AM

Thanks

Yep, Pete says we're definitely getting the same batch of numbers from here on out. We emailed the link to the PS Publishing Carrie customers yesterday. If you didn't get it, just let me know because we're emailing a larger list of SK fans today!

Brian

Got it. Thanks

Dan
08-26-2014, 07:27 AM

Thanks

Brian

Should I be worried about getting Carrie to match my earlier books?

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Should I be worried about getting Carrie to match my earlier books?

We're getting the same block of numbers for Carrie as we did Pet Sematary. There were some numbers missing between Christine and Pet Sematary, but I think we were able to make some trades and get those missing numbers or make new sets for anyone whose number we didn't get. (We definitely tried really hard to get everyone matching sets when we realized we hadn't gotten all of the same numbers.)

Pete has a new system in place now, though, which should mean anyone who continues ordering from the same place (direct from Pete or from a retailer) will be able to easily get the same number.

If you requested a number from Mindy you ordered, you are good to go. If you emailed Kate last week with your number request, you are also getting your number for sure.

Brian

becca69
08-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Should I be worried about my Carrie matching? I initially requested them to match and Mindy sent me a confirmation that it would.

Also, what is the cut off to get our matching Thinner order in?

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Should I be worried about my Carrie matching? I initially requested them to match and Mindy sent me a confirmation that it would.

See answer above. :)

Also, what is the cut off to get our matching Thinner order in?

Whenever we run out of stock to sell. Our allotment is about 75% sold out at this point. The book will be in today's newsletter and I expect they'll all be gone this week, but it could be sooner than later.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Also, if you're still worried about your Carrie number (for the PS Publishing edition -- NOT our edition), you can definitely email me today with your requested number and I'll check your order tomorrow:

brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

A few people never did email to request matching numbers, but that isn't unusual.

Brian

becca69
08-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Thanks Brian, I just ordered and email you!

Dan
08-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm happy with that answer. Mine was one that had trouble before but CDs great customer service took care of it and found my number.

Tommy
08-26-2014, 10:50 AM

Could you take a screenshot of the error message you're receiving when you try to use the check option and email it to me, so I can pass that along to the developer to maybe speed up the process of getting it fixed? I can't replicate the error at the moment for some reason. Thank you!

Brian

Sent you a PM Brian

Tommy
08-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Thanks, amigo.
- Patrick

Brian

Try a different browser. I had the problem repeatedly with Firefox but was able to place an order with IE.

I just tried IE and got the same "Unable to authorize payment" error when doing the check option

Tommy
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
OK, finally got the order to go through via check method by using the check number 0001 instead of 0000 in case anyone is interested if they are having the same problem

F1racefan
08-27-2014, 07:03 AM

Brian

I received mine today and would not say the signature looks sloppily. One of the letters looks sloppily, but the others are easy to read. I just don’t know why his signature is So2 … or maybe it is sloppily and just looks like So2? :nope:
I do agree that paying for a signed limited and getting an initialed (I am assuming that is what the three lettered are supposed to be) lettered is disappointing.

Just got my copy of Ruins yesterday and I will never shell out any more money for a Scott Smith signed edition!!! The signature was basically worthless.

MandaBunny
08-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Just got my copy of Ruins yesterday and I will never shell out any more money for a Scott Smith signed edition!!! The signature was basically worthless.

Doesn't the fact that the author signed it provide the worth, not whether the purchaser likes the signature or not? If you want a pretty signature, you could have a calligrapher sign Mr Smith's name in a manner more to your liking in order to make it worth more for you. Whether an author's signature is aesthetically pleasing or not isn't really relevant, they sign the way they want. Thoughts?

Brian James Freeman
08-27-2014, 07:14 AM

Yeah, it's not a beautiful or impressive signature, but it is apparently how he signs, so it is what it is. Hopefully, you'll be more impressed with the rest of the production values for the book. We do try to make our special editions about more than just the signature, although I fully understand that for some collectors the signature is the most important factor. If you ordered from us and are disappointed in the book, just drop me a line and we'll make arrangements to get the book returned. No worries!

Best,
Brian

Merlin1958
08-27-2014, 12:56 PM

Doesn't the fact that the author signed it provide the worth, not whether the purchaser likes the signature or not? If you want a pretty signature, you could have a calligrapher sign Mr Smith's name in a manner more to your liking in order to make it worth more for you. Whether an author's signature is aesthetically pleasing or not isn't really relevant, they sign the way they want. Thoughts?

Yes, the fact that you have a verified signature should be enough, IMHO I was a corporate signator for many years and after thousands of autographs (so to speak) inevitably your signature will deteriorate over time. Unavoidable I suppose. Look at King's signature over the years and he has signed well into the 6 figures (if not, 7 figures) arena I'm sure.

becca69
08-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Yes, his signature is strange, but it is his signature and if you like his work and want a limited edition, I don't see a problem?

WeDealInLead
08-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Picture?

WeDealInLead
08-27-2014, 05:18 PM
I collect nicely done editions because they're exactly that. If they are advertised as signed though, then they should be signed. Not initialed, not chicken-scratched in, but signed. With somebody like George R.R. Martin, initials make sense and a lot of times some initials (like John Scalzi's or Orson Card's) have style and thought behind them, everything else is laziness. Even legal forms have spaces which you initial and spaces you sign = it's recognized they're not the same.

Dan Simmons signs his name properly every time. His signature is nice to look at. It also shows he cares about his work to the very last detail, and he's going the extra mile for his fans who either come to his readings or drop stupid amounts of money on limited books.

racerx45
08-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Picture?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KUyvXvawoOA/U_6SXvpxXCI/AAAAAAAABA0/54Uv6KNg2Us/w1200-h806-no/SSS.jpg

Here is a photo.

I am not knocking the book at all and I get that his “signature” is what it is. I do know that give then choice between a unsigned gift edition or a numbered signed edition I’ll not be paying a premium for the “signature”.

Br!an
08-27-2014, 06:28 PM
His name is Scott Bechtel Smith.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4697.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4698.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4699.JPG

Roseannebarr
08-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks for sharing! I am extremely glad I did not purchase that book!!!!!!! That is even worse than my Michael Connelly signature! I would show you, but I returned that book 1 hour after I purchased it!

I would return these too! The first book is awesome though! Right up there with Gone Girl, The Poet and a few of my other favorites. Why, why did he sign it like that? Seriously, Why?

Robert Fulman
08-27-2014, 06:38 PM
I'd be fine with that if I was a fan that was his signature. I'm curious, though, as to what the signature is meant to represent. It looks like "SPL".

skyofcrack
08-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Looks like his initials, SM.

The only thing more boring than his signature is his name. :rolleyes:

Merlin1958
08-27-2014, 07:10 PM
I collect nicely done editions because they're exactly that. If they are advertised as signed though, then they should be signed. Not initialed, not chicken-scratched in, but signed. With somebody like George R.R. Martin, initials make sense and a lot of times some initials (like John Scalzi's or Orson Card's) have style and thought behind them, everything else is laziness. Even legal forms have spaces which you initial and spaces you sign = it's recognized they're not the same.

Dan Simmons signs his name properly every time. His signature is nice to look at. It also shows he cares about his work to the very last detail, and he's going the extra mile for his fans who either come to his readings or drop stupid amounts of money on limited books.

Then get your money back as offered. A mans' signature is what he makes it. I think you're being a little trivial, but it's your money to spend or not. Do what your heart tells you to do.

F1racefan
08-27-2014, 07:38 PM

Brian

Is all I said was I would not pay for a book w/Scott Smiths signature again. The book itself top notch and well done just like all the CD S/L books. I will continue to buy them, but when I do I would hope the signature is somewhat interesting or legible (no fault of CD). Thanks for the offer Brian, but I will keep it as it is a nice edition.

WeDealInLead
08-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Then get your money back as offered. A mans' signature is what he makes it. I think you're being a little trivial, but it's your money to spend or not. Do what your heart tells you to do.

I didn't even order the book in question.

That is the way he signs his name but that alone doesn't make it a signature. It's a signed edition, not an initialed edition and nothing anyone says will change my mind about it.

I think the reasoning behind my opinion is valid. Possibly wrong in your opinion, but hardly trivial.

Merlin1958
08-27-2014, 08:08 PM

That is the way he signs his name but that alone doesn't make it a signature. It's a signed edition, not an initialed edition and nothing anyone says will change my mind about it.

I think the reasoning behind my opinion is valid. Possibly wrong in your opinion, but hardly trivial.

Hey, go with God. I don't really give a rats ass. Whatever works for you is fine by me.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-27-2014, 09:51 PM

Hey, go with God. I don't really give a rats ass. Whatever works for you is fine by me.

Yeah, Fuhgeddaboutit!! LOL! LOL! LOL! :P

RC65
08-27-2014, 10:59 PM
I have a signed trade first hardcover edition of this book, and that is simply the way Smith has always signed his name. I'm in the camp of those who don't understand the problem nor why in the world it would devalue the desirability of the book.

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2014, 04:28 AM
See, discussions like this are what make discussions about collecting books fun. Lots of different perspectives. :)

Brian

Ben Mears
08-28-2014, 05:06 AM

Brian

:) There are about 650 copies left if we do NOT send copies to the larger retailers and distributors. If we did fill all of those orders, the edition would be out of print. Since it's better for us to sell directly to as many customers as we can, we'll probably fill a small percentage of the distributor orders and keep the rest of the copies to sell on our website.

Brian

Will this impact the GE quantity of future print runs in the Doubleday series?

Robert Fulman
08-28-2014, 05:32 AM

The only thing more boring than his signature is his name. :rolleyes:The problem with that theory is that his initials are SS, not SM.

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2014, 06:14 AM

Brian

Brian

Will this impact the GE quantity of future print runs in the Doubleday series?

Nope, it'll stay the same for the entire series.

Brian

stroppygoblin
08-28-2014, 07:10 AM

The only thing more boring than his signature is his name. :rolleyes:The problem with that theory is that his initials are SS, not SM.

Couldn't have been SM, those are MY initials :evil:

MandaBunny
08-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Couldn't have been SM, those are MY initials :evil:

I'm a little surprised more authors don't sign in a briefer manner. I agree that Simmons has a very nice signature, Koontz does as well. But some people don't write as neatly as others and some just don't like to write at all.

Tommy
08-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Brian, we will have the Artist Edition of Carrie by early November? I might try and get mine signed if I make it to the Austin appearance and if he is signing other books there

I really like Chuck Palahniuk's signature which has become more embellished over time, Toni Morrison has a really bizarre signature now which has altered drastically over time but Stephen King definitely has one of the best signatures out there, does anyone happen to know what the oldest known signature of his is? It would be very interesting to see how it has evolved over time

Br!an
08-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Brian, we will have the Artist Edition of Carrie by early November? I might try and get mine signed if I make it to the Austin appearance and if he is signing other books there

I really like Chuck Palahniuk's signature which has become more embellished over time, Toni Morrison has a really bizarre signature now which has altered drastically over time but Stephen King definitely has one of the best signatures out there, does anyone happen to know what the oldest known signature of his is? It would be very interesting to see how it has evolved over time

The first book he ever signed was a Carrie proof copy.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+Manuscripts+Proofs +and+ARCs:Carrie&p=867531&viewfull=1#post867531

http://dyn3.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B7%2F6%2F1%2F1%2F7611335%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Tommy
08-28-2014, 01:57 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+Manuscripts+Proofs +and+ARCs:Carrie&p=867531&viewfull=1#post867531

http://dyn3.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B7%2F6%2F1%2F1%2F7611335%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Thank you! Very cool!

Brian James Freeman
08-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Brian, we will have the Artist Edition of Carrie by early November?

Let's put it this way: the traycase maker has given me an October 17th delivery date for the traycases. These estimates are not always... accurate. But we will have the books in October, so I am hopeful. Right now, I'm mostly crossing my fingers because it's now out of my hands. :)

Brian

The Library Policeman
08-28-2014, 02:26 PM
I want mine for Christmas! :D

Br!an
08-28-2014, 04:00 PM

Thank you! Very cool!

A wise man once said: "The catalog is your friend."

If you haven't seen this yet then it might help too...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+Signatures+1980-Present&redirect=no

Merlin1958
08-28-2014, 06:50 PM

Yeah, Fuhgeddaboutit!! LOL! LOL! LOL! :P

See, discussions like this are what make discussions about collecting books fun. Lots of different perspectives. :)

Brian

Wussy!! LOL LOL LOL

"Don't ya just hate, Perry' wife"???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHA9iDmxl4

LOL LOL

Sometimes my mind works in a very strange way!! LOL

And it's "Fuhgediboutit"!! You "Limey" bastard!!! LOL LOL Djeet? Rep pts if you can figure that one out.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Sometimes my mind works in a very strange way!! LOL

And it's "Fuhgediboutit"!! Uou "Limey" bastard!!! LOL LOL Djeet? Rep pts if you can figure that one out.

Yeah brudda, iet tree hawt dawgz, a tooner samwidge n fawr bawz a chawklit wid aboud hun-figh cups a cawfee, wen I wuz on thoidy-foist an thoid.
Dijuit?

Whaddayanutz! Youse tawkin t'may? Ya cawlin may a "Limey?" G'wan geht da fuck outta he-yah befawr a busta cap in ya sawrhy ass!

Fuhgediboutit! Am da bawss a Noo Yawk, capeesh?..... Yagoddaproblimwiddat? G'hed, watchagonnadoboutit? Ya tu-bid hood ya!

T-Dawg

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! :P

herbertwest
08-29-2014, 12:14 AM

First book maybe, but the first signature was his 14yo letter ;)

mkberger
08-29-2014, 03:01 AM
Brian, we will have the Artist Edition of Carrie by early November?

Let's put it this way: the traycase maker has given me an October 17th delivery date for the traycases. These estimates are not always... accurate. But we will have the books in October, so I am hopeful. Right now, I'm mostly crossing my fingers because it's now out of my hands. :)

Brian

Brian, any update/shipping date for the rest of the material that was included in the SK offer?

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Brian, any update/shipping date for the rest of the material that was included in the SK offer?

Short answer: early next month, I think, for the ARCs and proofs and the such. The actual books will be later on.

Longer answer: I'll have to talk to Dan about where we stand on shipping to be sure. We're still working through the three new releases, and we just found out that one of our warehouse staffers is on the way out the door next week to a new job at Amazon. Plus: Mindy has been in Europe for the last week and won't be back until next week, so we're all juggling her work, too. So I'm not 100% sure where we are with anything. :)

Brian

Randall Flagg
08-29-2014, 11:38 AM
I suggest folks check their email.

Robert Fulman
08-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks! I got a Groupon for 40% off Irish cuisine!

The Library Policeman
08-29-2014, 12:08 PM

:lol:

I sent my bank details to a Nigerian gentleman.

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2014, 12:28 PM

:biggrin:

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
I sent my bank details to a Nigerian gentleman.

stroppygoblin
08-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Apparently there are some small blue pills that can really help me out! Thanks for the tip RF, I'd have missed those.

Randall Flagg
08-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Apparently there are some small blue pills that can really help me out! Thanks for the tip RF, I'd have missed those.
30 day free trial.But should you have an erection that lasts 4 or more hours after your porn video is complete; consult a physician immediately.

KingKorn
08-29-2014, 02:14 PM
That... went... fast!!

Robert Fulman
08-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Can't wait for kingfan24's meltdown if he didn't get the email.

Randall Flagg
08-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Wicked.

Kingfan24
08-29-2014, 04:05 PM

No I got the email this time, I chose to forgo it. Thanks for your concern about my well being.

Randall Flagg
08-29-2014, 04:18 PM

No I got the email this time, I chose to forgo it. Thanks for your concern about my well being.

You have been around long enough and you are now accepted and embraced.
You can give and take a poke.
Rep to you and fulman.

Robert Fulman
08-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Just to be clear, though, I am very thin-skinned and will likely cry if I'm made fun of.

stroppygoblin
08-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Just to be clear, though, I am very thin-skinned and will likely cry if I'm made fun of.

http://picturenix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/crying-baby.jpg

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2014, 05:11 PM
There's just so much love on this board! :couple:

Ben Staad
08-29-2014, 05:26 PM
What was the price on the offer?

That... went... fast!!

becca69
08-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Yep I was out earlier and it was gone by the time I returned.

I hope everyone posts what they got ;)

Brian James Freeman
08-29-2014, 06:05 PM

$149 plus shipping.

Brian

mkberger
08-29-2014, 06:08 PM

$149 plus shipping.

Brian

What did I miss?! No email....

The Library Policeman
08-29-2014, 06:11 PM

$149 plus shipping.

Brian

Man....... 8 signed Stephen King books for $149.

Kingfan24
08-29-2014, 06:16 PM

$149 plus shipping.

Brian

Take it from me, don't go down this road. It was a cemetery dance grab bag. Not specified to any one author.

Ben Staad
08-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks. I'm glad I missed it because I would have bought it and pissed off my wife.

$149 plus shipping.

Brian