PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

ESW
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I find it very interesting to read these posts. As an artist, it can be devastating to read harsh reviews of work on which one has spend hundreds of hours, sometimes under tight deadlines, unless one has grown a skin thick enough to let such things roll off. I know there's work I've put out there that's good; and some--due to whatever circumstances--that's not so good. Hopefully none of it truly stinks, because professional artists always put forth the effort to do their best, at any given time. All artists have their own voice, their own evolution and rate thereof. Viewers apply their own experience, tastes, and emotions to their response to art, consciously or unconsciously--there is no way an artist can please everyone, and in my opinion there should be no such expectation. As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.

MandaBunny
04-21-2014, 09:39 AM
By the way, in case it's helpful to the discussion, here's the list of artists who have worked on our Stephen King books over the years:

From a Buick 8 -- Bernie Wrightson
The Secretary of Dreams Volume One -- Glenn Chadbourne
Blockade Billy -- Glen Orbik (cover) and Alex McVey (interiors)
The Secretary of Dreams Volume Two -- Glenn Chadbourne
Full Dark, No Stars -- Tomislav Tikulin (covers); Glenn Chadbourne, Jill Bauman, Alan M. Clark, and Vincent Chong (interiors)
It: The 25th Anniversary Special Edition -- Glen Orbik (covers), Alan M. Clark & Erin S. Wells (interiors)
The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem -- Glenn Chadbourne
Doctor Sleep -- Vincent Chong (cover and color interiors), Erin S. Wells (B&W interiors)
Carrie -- Tomislav Tikulin

Brian

Well, I'm glad I didn't tick you off. I didn't want to offend the nicest guy on here.
If I'm not mistaken, Glenn also did the endpapers for Doctor Sleep, correct? That was something that I appreciated, I think the endpapers are often overlooked but it's one of the first things I look at when I get a new book. After all, it's kind of like permanent wrapping paper for the textblock.

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Due to a problem at the binder, we won't have our approval copies of Screamplays until next week. That certainly makes an April publication date difficult without some kind of time machine. So my guess right now is, due to the size of the books and how much handling goes into the packing, Screamplays and the trade edition of Smoke & Mirrors will actually ship in May.

The Limited Edition slipcase for Smoke & Mirrors is already rolling at the slipcase maker and they're saying they'll be done by July. I tossed a DJ on the dummy book when we were testing the approval slipcase the other week. This was the result:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/smokeandmirrorswithslipcase.jpg

For scale, the trim size is the same as The Secretary of Dreams but there are about 200 more pages in Smoke & Mirrors, so this book is considerably thicker.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Glenn also did the endpapers for Doctor Sleep, correct? That was something that I appreciated, I think the endpapers are often overlooked but it's one of the first things I look at when I get a new book. After all, it's kind of like permanent wrapping paper for the textblock.

Yes! I'll add that to my list. Felt like something was missing, but I couldn't put a finger on it. Thank you!

Brian

mistercrowley
04-21-2014, 09:44 AM
I like some of Glens art but I would just like to see less of it.

MandaBunny
04-21-2014, 09:47 AM
I find it very interesting to read these posts. As an artist, it can be devastating to read harsh reviews of work on which one has spend hundreds of hours, sometimes under tight deadlines, unless one has grown a skin thick enough to let such things roll off. I know there's work I've put out there that's good; and some--due to whatever circumstances--that's not so good. Hopefully none of it truly stinks, because professional artists always put forth the effort to do their best, at any given time. All artists have their own voice, their own evolution and rate thereof. Viewers apply their own experience, tastes, and emotions to their response to art, consciously or unconsciously--there is no way an artist can please everyone, and in my opinion there should be no such expectation. As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.

I love your comment Erin, it's always nice to see things from the artist's perspective. I hope that artists will follow what they want to accomplish and not pigeonhole themselves into what's expected of them. It's nice to see artists evolve. Sometimes with the evolution some fans are lost and others gained but its your passion to which you should always stay true. It's your work and the fans are just there to enjoy what you produce.
I wouldn't expect to like everyone's work and I understand how varied people's tastes are so I try to see things from their perspective but it doesn't change how I feel about it. Most of the time it's just a "I see your point but it just doesn't 'do anything' for me."

ESW
04-21-2014, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't expect to like everyone's work and I understand how varied people's tastes are so I try to see things from their perspective but it doesn't change how I feel about it. Most of the time it's just a "I see your point but it just doesn't 'do anything' for me."

^ Completely valid! Many people won't even consider others' perspectives, and having one's own opinion is not a negative thing; as with your post and others, here, respect is key: open discussion is good, bashing others (thankfully it seems rare) not so good. Thank you!

MandaBunny
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Due to a problem at the binder, we won't have our approval copies of Screamplays until next week. That certainly makes an April publication date difficult without some kind of time machine. So my guess right now is, due to the size of the books and how much handling goes into the packing, Screamplays and the trade edition of Smoke & Mirrors will actually ship in May.

The Limited Edition slipcase for Smoke & Mirrors is already rolling at the slipcase maker and they're saying they'll be done by July. I tossed a DJ on the dummy book when we were testing the approval slipcase the other week. This was the result:

For scale, the trim size is the same as The Secretary of Dreams but there are about 200 more pages in Smoke & Mirrors, so this book is considerably thicker.

Brian

That slipcase and dustjacket look very nice together.

jhanic
04-21-2014, 10:28 AM

Well said, Erin!

John

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Someone asked if I was serious about sending artists our way. The answer is YES. Send me scans of some of their work and their contact information, or have them get in touch. Try to keep the attachments under 10 megs total per email, though, because our email gets twitchy about that. Email address is brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll reply within 72 hours to let you know it arrived. Thanks!

Brian

Patrick
04-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Great to see Erin posting! Thank you for sharing the perspective of a professional artist.

Brian, I hope we continue to see Erin's work in future Cemetery Dance productions.

Finally: That SMOKE & MIRRORS looks sweet. Looking forward to the S/L this summer!

Brian James Freeman
04-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Brian, I hope we continue to see Erin's work in future Cemetery Dance productions.

We love working with Erin! She's one of the nicest artists to work with. She created a lot of great art for a project that won't be announced until later this year, but it turned into my favorite Signature Series books to date. Good stuff!

Brian

Patrick
04-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear it, Brian! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Dolso
04-21-2014, 02:45 PM
"We're always looking for new artists to work with ..."

*ahem* rachelreadman ;)

*ahem* I second Rachel and raise you one Harrison Ryan...

webstar1000
04-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Like why not Rachel? Her stuff is amazing, she is nice as pie, she has a passion for these books that other artists don't, and did i say she is the shit? Brian did you see the Remarque she did for the Haven Fund? I think you would have a total win giving her a shot... And I know this whole site would rejoice for her. That's my story and sticking to it!!!!

biomieg
04-21-2014, 04:21 PM

*ahem* rachelreadman ;)

Couldn't agree more, Dick.

dnemec
04-21-2014, 04:23 PM

*ahem* rachelreadman ;)

I agree with both. I have a framed Harrison Ryan picture on my shelf that he kindly sent me (for free--he's that awesome!) which is beautiful!

dnemec
04-21-2014, 04:25 PM

Great points, Erin. And thanks for putting your website on your signature--looks like I'll need to find some free wall space!

e_taylor
04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I was going to wait to see how it did on the secondary market, but I decided to take the plunge and ordered the gift edition of Carrie.

This is my first order from CD in a long long time, and I'm excited to see how things have changed (I'm thinking back to 5-6 years ago when there were consistent delays). I'm really looking forward to these Doubleday Years books, and hopefully Viking Years (?) afterwards.

Are the Viking books something that might be in the cards, Brian?

tippy4
04-21-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insomnia-Stephen-King-1994-Hardcover-Gift-Edition-/151279819667

What the $%*&#?!

Aronstg
04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insomnia-Stephen-King-1994-Hardcover-Gift-Edition-/151279819667

What the $%*&#?!

That is just crazy. I'm new here but I know that same book sold for like $50 on Betts recently. Why is this going for so much? Can anyone think of any reason at all? I notice that part of this high bidding is done with someone with a feedback of 2 but the current high bidder has a feedback rating of 163. Very curious. Good for CD I guess! Haha

Randall Flagg
04-21-2014, 06:30 PM

What the $%*&#?!
Odd.

Merlin1958
04-21-2014, 06:49 PM

*ahem* rachelreadman ;)

So that's six for, Rachel so far by my count!!! Me included in case you were wondering.

skyofcrack
04-21-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to these Doubleday Years books, and hopefully Viking Years (?) afterwards.

Are the Viking books something that might be in the cards, Brian?

Now hold on there buddy. It's one thing to spend nearly 2K for these 6 Doubleday books but there are 18 Viking books. That's another 6K! :panic::onfire:

DoctorZaius
04-21-2014, 07:35 PM

What the $%*&#?!
Odd.

Someone made a mistake on this one is my guess!

Merlin1958
04-21-2014, 07:40 PM

What the $%*&#?!
Odd.

Someone made a mistake on this one is my guess!

IDK, there are a lot of bids and it could be a mistake, but do you recall the VFB auction a month or so ago? It is strange nonetheless. You just never know.

Andrew Campbell
04-21-2014, 08:28 PM

What the $%*&#?!

That is just crazy. I'm new here but I know that same book sold for like $50 on Betts recently. Why is this going for so much? Can anyone think of any reason at all? I notice that part of this high bidding is done with someone with a feedback of 2 but the current high bidder has a feedback rating of 163. Very curious. Good for CD I guess! Haha

If the Seller was NOT Cemetery Dance, I would figure that there is a shill bidder, driving the price up. But the good folks at CD are the most reputable people on the planet. Thus, I have to conclude that someone has grossly overestimated the value of he book. Either that, or I can sell my signed Gift edition on Ebay and retire early.

Aronstg
04-21-2014, 08:41 PM

What the $%*&#?!

If the Seller was NOT Cemetery Dance, I would figure that there is a shill bidder, driving the price up. But the good folks at CD are the most reputable people on the planet. Thus, I have to conclude that someone has grossly overestimated the value of he book. Either that, or I can sell my signed Gift edition on Ebay and retire early.

I never thought that CD had a hand in this outrageous price. I just hope it isn't someone with any kind of vendetta against CD. It could be one person or two people driving up the price and if the low feedback score person wins they might just not pay. That would be pretty dickish and then CD would have to relist without the advertisement or do something else with it. The rest of the auctions look pretty legit, the one's Im following anyways.

ESW
04-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Well said, Erin!

John

Thanks!

ESW
04-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Couldn't agree more, Dick.

I agree--I particularly like Harrison Ryan's drawings, and have no trouble at all imagining his illustrations gracing a TWWTK-like project: graphic novels maybe? His wood-cuts are also beautiful, and his pencil drawings!

George at C-Springs
04-21-2014, 09:45 PM
As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.

What? What??? (curls himself into a little ball in the dark corner of the room and begins mumbling incoherently while speed-twiddling his thumbs)

Kingfan24
04-22-2014, 05:20 AM

What the $%*&#?!

I never thought that CD had a hand in this outrageous price. I just hope it isn't someone with any kind of vendetta against CD. It could be one person or two people driving up the price and if the low feedback score person wins they might just not pay. That would be pretty dickish and then CD would have to relist without the advertisement or do something else with it. The rest of the auctions look pretty legit, the one's Im following anyways.

You can have my insomnia gift edition right now for 1,000. Lol WTF...

Brian James Freeman
04-22-2014, 05:29 AM

What the $%*&#?!

Yeah, that was my thought, too. We know the high bidder very well, and I sent a message to the other bidder (with a feedback score of 2) via the eBay messaging system. We'll be canceling the bids for the second bidder here this morning. If that second bidder really wants the book, we'll find a second copy to sell them at a more reasonable price. I think I have a spare from my dealings with Mark Z over the years. But that price is ludicrous and either the result of confusion or drunk bidding. ;)

Brian

webstar1000
04-22-2014, 05:50 AM

What the $%*&#?!

Yeah, that was my thought, too. We know the high bidder very well, and I sent a message to the other bidder (with a feedback score of 2) via the eBay messaging system. We'll be canceling the bids for the second bidder here this morning. If that second bidder really wants the book, we'll find a second copy to sell them at a more reasonable price. I think I have a spare from my dealings with Mark Z over the years. But that price is ludicrous and either the result of confusion or drunk bidding. ;)

Brian

Or King sliced his hand in a cult signing and did the signature in blood....

_PCC_
04-22-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm glad someone is talking about these auctions. I was thinking the same thing about Insomnia. And while we're at it isn't $123 for a signed Horns by Joe Hill also crazy? Doesn't that usually go for $40-$45?

thegreattim
04-22-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm glad someone is talking about these auctions. I was thinking the same thing about Insomnia. And while we're at it isn't $123 for a signed Horns by Joe Hill also crazy? Doesn't that usually go for $40-$45?

I think that's more an artifact of CDs ability to get the notice out to more bidders than would otherwise see a particular eBay listing. It's a bit high, but not obscenely so, like the gift of Insomnia.

Brian James Freeman
04-22-2014, 06:16 AM
We're very pleased to announce our deluxe signed Limited Edition of A SIMPLE PLAN by Scott Smith, which is rolling at the printer and will ship in late July! Featuring cover artwork by Glen Orbik and an oversized page design, we think this one will be a hit with our collectors.

In addition, we’ll be publishing a special signed Limited Edition of THE RUINS by Scott Smith later this summer as well, and collectors who preorder A SIMPLE PLAN will get first shot at matching numbers/letters for their collection.

You can read more here if you'd like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/smith01

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/smith01large.jpg

Brst,
Brian

Br!an
04-22-2014, 06:17 AM
As soon as I receive the GC I ordered yesterday I'll place my order.

Brian James Freeman
04-22-2014, 06:38 AM
As soon as I receive the GC I ordered yesterday I'll place my order.

It should have been emailed at the same time as your order confirmation email. Send me an email and I'll look into it for you! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Brian

Br!an
04-22-2014, 06:42 AM
That's the way it's always worked in the past.

Email sent, thanks.

Dolso
04-22-2014, 07:16 AM
I agree--I particularly like Harrison Ryan's drawings, and have no trouble at all imagining his illustrations gracing a TWWTK-like project: graphic novels maybe? His wood-cuts are also beautiful, and his pencil drawings!

You're a gentle-lady and a scholar, Erin. That's very good of you!

I've been waiting for some pics to surface of your recent interior case art and the engraving you did for the "IT". I'll try to get permissions to post some pics -- they are worth waiting for!

ESW
04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
I've been waiting for some pics to surface of your recent interior case art and the engraving you did for the "IT". I'll try to get permissions to post some pics -- they are worth waiting for!

Thanks for your kind words. Mr. Pennywise! Ah, yes--Ol' Barrens Breath, the Canal Creeper...he is quite a character. Moody, though. :eek:

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 08:52 AM
We're very pleased to announce our deluxe signed Limited Edition of A SIMPLE PLAN by Scott Smith, which is rolling at the printer and will ship in late July! Featuring cover artwork by Glen Orbik and an oversized page design, we think this one will be a hit with our collectors.

In addition, we’ll be publishing a special signed Limited Edition of THE RUINS by Scott Smith later this summer as well, and collectors who preorder A SIMPLE PLAN will get first shot at matching numbers/letters for their collection.

You can read more here if you'd like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/smith01

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/smith01large.jpg

Brst,
Brian

I placed my order - I loved this book when it came out. Happy to get a signed edition.

RC65
04-22-2014, 09:18 AM
I placed my order - I loved this book when it came out. Happy to get a signed edition.

I'll likely pick up a copy as well (the odd cover font notwithstanding).

Aronstg
04-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Guess I spoke to soon about having number #217 for the new CD Doubleday releases :) I probably should have kept my mouth shut! Haha.

Dolso
04-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Kudos to both Brian and to Erin for their work on this case. A member here purchased a S/L "IT" recently but it had a damaged case. It's such a nice publication, we had to protect it somehow. This is what we came up with....

It's made out of Cherry with a red velvet lining...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/semifinal_it_16_doc.JPG

Brian allowed us to use the CD Logo on the spine and also gave permission to use their original art for the title....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/semifinal_it_9_doc.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/semifinal_it_1_doc.JPG

Erin did both the interior art of 'Pennywise and the Standpipe' and the drawing for the cover engraving (note the books limitation number inside the balloon...)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/semifinal_it_11_doc.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/semifinal_it_2_doc.JPG

Ben Staad
04-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Very nice work, Erin and Dick! it looks great and has some nice touches.

Frankie
04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Amazing work.

Aronstg
04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Beautiful! I think I need to add to one of your cases to my "want someday" list!

thegreattim
04-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Amazing work indeed!

A question for the collectors... Given a case like this, with a damaged traycase, or perhaps one would just prefer a Dolso masterpiece (as is the case for me)... How would that impact any future resale value? Would it be enhanced due to the lovely craftsmanship? Would it be decreased because the set "isn't complete" as published? Remain neutral?

Just curious. I've always admired Dolso's work and am considering commissioning a piece (or several) in the future.

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Dolso, never ceasing to amaze!!! What a nice job!! I wouldn't be surprised if a few folks "accidentally" destroyed their cases!! LOL

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Amazing work indeed!

A question for the collectors... Given a case like this, with a damaged traycase, or perhaps one would just prefer a Dolso masterpiece (as is the case for me)... How would that impact any future resale value? Would it be enhanced due to the lovely craftsmanship? Would it be decreased because the set "isn't complete" as published? Remain neutral?

Just curious. I've always admired Dolso's work and am considering commissioning a piece (or several) in the future.

I personally believe it enhances value, but I am more than likely in the minority.

dnemec
04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!!! Great job Dolso and Erin!!!

webstar1000
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I recently got a S/L with a Dolso case and one as blown away. Dolso does amazing work. I think that question is a tough one on whether or not it would increase the value or decrease it. In this case it GREATLY increased the value as no case came with the S/L. Depends on the buyer and one other thing.... Whether or not they have seen and held one of his works of art. Amazing to say the least.

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Well, the original art is a bonus to the finely crafted case so, though it is not "as issued" I would think that the art at the very least, puts it on par with the original. Then again, that's JMHO

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 03:31 PM
As nice as Dolso's cases are, if the book does not come as issued, it is worth less to me. I don't want extra remarques, signatures cases, etc. I want the book as issued.

bdwyer19
04-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Great case, Dick! I especially love what Erin did, putting the number in the balloon.

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 03:32 PM
I recently got a S/L with a Dolso case and one as blown away. Dolso does amazing work. I think that question is a tough one on whether or not it would increase the value or decrease it. In this case it GREATLY increased the value as no case came with the S/L. Depends on the buyer and one other thing.... Whether or not they have seen and held one of his works of art. Amazing to say the least.

What do you mean "as no case came with the S/L?" The S/L was issued with a traycase.

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 03:35 PM

What do you mean "as no case came with the S/L?" The S/L was issued with a traycase.

Shit happens. I bought my S/L "Insomnia" with out the case it came in and immediately ordered a "Dolso" case and I am extremely happy with it.

Aronstg
04-22-2014, 03:40 PM
I would think that it would increase the value of any book that did not come with a case. I think that when combined with a book that originally has a case, that the value of the the Dolso case would still stand on it's own as an object of art.

Aronstg
04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
As nice as Dolso's cases are, if the book does not come as issued, it is worth less to me. I don't want extra remarques, signatures cases, etc. I want the book as issued.

Does this mean that books that are signed are worth less to you unless they were signed when issued? :)

webstar1000
04-22-2014, 03:55 PM

There are numerous books issued without a slipcase or traycase... Joyland, Bag of Bones and the book I was referring too 11/22/63. Those type of S/L's is what I was referring to.

Br!an
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Amazing work indeed!

The original publication in it's finest condition is preferable.

That said a Dolso case is a collectible in its own right.

jhanic
04-22-2014, 04:06 PM

That's the way I feel also. Just me, though.

John

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 04:44 PM

Does this mean that books that are signed are worth less to you unless they were signed when issued? :)

I don't collect books because of their value. I collect books because I enjoy the hobby.

As for signed/limited books, if anything is done to alter the original state, then I don't want it. As for signed trade editions, they are nice to have, and I have a few. But I don't "collect" them.

Patrick
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I like the variations in people's collecting preferences. It makes the whole thing more interesting.

Jimimck
04-22-2014, 05:15 PM
I like the variations in people's collecting preferences. It makes the whole thing more interesting.

+1

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 05:32 PM

+1

+2

thegreattim
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM

+1

+2

+3

Those are all good points, I love hearing everyone's opinion too! I tend to be of the mind for no aftermarket add-ons as well, but I have been known to break that rule from time to time (ended up ordering CD's slipcase for Blockade Billy, for example). I think though, that the S/Ls never issued with a slip/traycase would especially benefit much from a piece of fine custom work. If nothing else than for protection and beauty (as opposed to "value" or resale-ability).

Merlin1958
04-22-2014, 05:58 PM

+1

+2

+3

Those are all good points, I love hearing everyone's opinion too! I tend to be of the mind for no aftermarket add-ons as well, but I have been known to break that rule from time to time (ended up ordering CD's slipcase for Blockade Billy, for example). I think though, that the S/Ls never issued with a slip/traycase would especially benefit much from a piece of fine custom work. If nothing else than for protection and beauty (as opposed to "value" or resale-ability).

That is very true. It just drives me crazy when my valuable books are not adequately protected. An "OCD" thing for sure, but still a major concern.

Frankie
04-22-2014, 06:21 PM
As for signed trade editions, they are nice to have, and I have a few.

Why, since they're less desirable?

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 06:28 PM
As for signed trade editions, they are nice to have, and I have a few.

Why, since they're less desirable?

I have signed first editions from authors whose books I enjoy, not because I think they will be worth something in the future.

ELazansky
04-22-2014, 06:30 PM

There are numerous books issued without a slipcase or traycase... Joyland, Bag of Bones and the book I was referring too 11/22/63. Those type of S/L's is what I was referring to.

My apologies. I thought you were referring to the IT S/L that had Dolso's case. I didn't realize you were talking about 11/22/63.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM

John

I also do not want anything that was not as originally issued.

herbertwest
04-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Amazing bookcase!

Jimimck
04-23-2014, 01:12 AM
I think that case for IT is just awesome.

I would take a guess that most people looking to buy a copy would opt for the "as issued with tray case" option, but to the right person, I see a case like that adding value.

jhanic
04-23-2014, 03:59 AM
I do have to say that I try to add an after-market slipcase/traycase to a valued item. I try to put my signed trades in those when I can, for example.

John

webstar1000
04-23-2014, 04:15 AM

My apologies. I thought you were referring to the IT S/L that had Dolso's case. I didn't realize you were talking about 11/22/63.

no worries:) I really believe (I paid much more to get my 11/22/63 with the case once I seen it) that they add a tremendous amount of value but I would not sacrifice one that comes with an S/L for a Dolso. The book would have had to be issued without. I totally agree with you on that.

_PCC_
04-23-2014, 06:16 AM

I think that's more an artifact of CDs ability to get the notice out to more bidders than would otherwise see a particular eBay listing. It's a bit high, but not obscenely so, like the gift of Insomnia.

Ok, what about $200? Is that a crazy enough price for a signed Joe Hill Horns?

Joe315
04-23-2014, 06:25 AM

I'd say so. I got one from betts a couple months ago for $25.

thegreattim
04-23-2014, 08:40 AM

Yup! That's definitely crazy enough for me. Spoke too soon, I guess. Very odd.

(On that note, if anyone want's a publisher pre-signed copy of the US of NOS4A2, I will sell my extras all day for only $100, hahaha...)

skyofcrack
04-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Lettered copies of Carrie are showing available.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

Frankie
04-23-2014, 09:57 AM
And deluxe. Interesting.

Brian James Freeman
04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Lettered copies of Carrie are showing available.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

Yeah, we're emailing a few hundred customers and asking them not to post publicly because we only have a couple of each.

Brian

skyofcrack
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Okay, so should we delete these posts?

Brian James Freeman
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Okay, so should we delete these posts?

I think everyone here probably already ordered if they want one, so it's all good. :) There was just a delay in sending the note because of an unexpected vet visit. They"ll be gone when the note hits.

Brian

Nickelwise
04-23-2014, 11:43 AM
thanks Brian! I missed the boat the first time around on one of these, so it was nice to get a second shot at it.

Patrick
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Brian,

In regards to Del James' THE LANGUAGE OF FEAR, will either edition be signed by Axl Rose (who wrote the introduction)?

Randall Flagg
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM

John

So you are not circumcised...

Room 217 Caretaker
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Jerome, Jerome, Jerome.....you are always the "cut up" around here.

Mulleins

Brian James Freeman
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Brian,

In regards to Del James' THE LANGUAGE OF FEAR, will either edition be signed by Axl Rose (who wrote the introduction)?

The idea was discussed, but it ended up not being possible, unfortunately.

Brian

mistercrowley
04-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Is that because Axl is a huge tool?

CyberGhostface
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM

IMO it's overpriced just because Joe Hill does frequent signings whenever he has something coming out and he'll sign anything you have from him.

Ben Staad
04-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Since we all know the answer I don't think any reply from CD will be needed...

Brian,

Brian

Is that because Axl is a huge tool?

thegreattim
04-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Brian,

Brian

That's a shame. That would have been a sweet addition to the limited edition. Good question though, Patrick. I was wondering the same thing.

Patrick
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Brian,

Brian

That's a shame. That would have been a sweet addition to the limited edition. Good question though, Patrick. I was wondering the same thing.
Thanks, Brian.
Thanks, Tim. It was worth a shot.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-23-2014, 02:21 PM

Worse than that! Mine is still the same SIZE as "first issue!"

Br!an
04-23-2014, 02:27 PM

He prefers the term "price clipped." :wtf:

Patrick
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
LOL!

Brian,

Will the S/L (748 copy edition) of A SIMPLE PLAN be numbered?

Same question for THE LANGUAGE OF FEAR.

Thanks.

Brian James Freeman
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
LOL!

Brian,

Will the S/L (748 copy edition) of A SIMPLE PLAN be numbered?

Same question for THE LANGUAGE OF FEAR.

Thanks.

The Smith books are hand-numbered. The Del James book is not.

Brian

Patrick
04-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks, Brian. How about all those signed edition Bentley Little books you're producing?

Brian James Freeman
04-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks, Brian. How about all those signed edition Bentley Little books you're producing?

We actually decided the other day to hand-number them since The Influence was, but I haven't updated the website yet to reflect that!

Brian

Patrick
04-24-2014, 08:12 PM

We actually decided the other day to hand-number them since The Influence was, but I haven't updated the website yet to reflect that!

Brian
Nice!

webstar1000
04-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Brian, How long is that sale on? I notice I can get the 60% on slip cases and I need a few. Would I be ok till Monday after I see what I need? kris

Kingfan24
04-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Brian, How long is that sale on? I notice I can get the 60% on slip cases and I need a few. Would I be ok till Monday after I see what I need? kris

I think you better read that email again about publicity...

MandaBunny
04-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Secrecy is relative. :unsure:

Robert Fulman
04-25-2014, 09:01 AM
It feels like I'm back in high school, not getting invited to parties.

Brian James Freeman
04-25-2014, 09:13 AM

Items are going fast. I think it'll be done by early on Monday.

Brian

stroppygoblin
04-25-2014, 09:21 AM
slipcases were on my list too! (shipping always seems expensive on these though)

webstar1000
04-25-2014, 09:31 AM
I only need a few for some of the S/L's I have that came with none.. this is great I just need to know what I need and do no... like what size would Quietly Now need... I have it but no case:( I HATE not having a case!

DanHocker
04-25-2014, 09:44 AM
slipcases were on my list too! (shipping always seems expensive on these though)

Yea sadly shipping is more expensive on slipcases as they can't ship media mail. Which means they have to go Parcel Select which brings USPS's prices much close to UPS's.

Brian James Freeman
04-25-2014, 10:28 AM

Yea sadly shipping is more expensive on slipcases as they can't ship media mail. Which means they have to go Parcel Select which brings USPS's prices much close to UPS's.

It's always so weird to explain how IF there was a book in the slipcase, making it HEAVIER, the package could ship via USPS Media Mail for LESS. ;)

Brian

Bev Vincent
04-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Buy some of those 1˘ paperbacks from Amazon and stick them in the slipcases!

Nickelwise
04-25-2014, 10:54 AM

ha, I was sort of thinking the same thing. I'm a used bookseller and if the CD guys want a couple cases of cheap books to use as filler, I'd be happy to ship them a couple on me.

Brian James Freeman
04-25-2014, 10:57 AM

I've thought about it! If you can get some books that are the right width, then they just serve as the inner packing material to keep the cases from compressing/crushing!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Small production update/plan change for Carrie I wanted to note. At today's production meeting, we decided to go with full color illustrated endpapers for the Numbered Artist Edition. They'll look really sharp with the cover artwork for the AE, which we've now seen a preliminary version of and think our collectors will really like. We'll post the AE cover artwork once we have the final version all designed, so probably in two or three weeks.

Brian

ap275
04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi All
I am new to posting here, but I have been collecting books for a while and I think that this 6 books set would be great, especially if each book could be remarqued by artist.

jhanic
04-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Welcome!

John

skyofcrack
04-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi All
I am new to posting here, but I have been collecting books for a while and I think that this 6 books set would be great, especially if each book could be remarqued by artist.

Glenn Chadbourne is doing 100 remarques.

carlosdetweiller
04-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi All

I suspect he finished them several days ago.

Merlin1958
04-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi All

I suspect he finished them several days ago.

:wtf:

Kingfan24
04-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Any updates at all on the dark man portfolio??

Brian James Freeman
04-28-2014, 06:51 AM

I think everything should be wrapped up at the box maker in May, but I'm waiting on a reply from them to confirm. All of the printing and signature sheet signing is already done.

Brian

Kingfan24
04-28-2014, 06:53 AM

I think everything should be wrapped up at the box maker in May, but I'm waiting on a reply from them to confirm. All of the printing and signature sheet signing is already done.

Brian

Sweet, thank you!

somekindofstranger
04-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Is there any chance of any 'spares' of the limited edition turning up? Or does anyone know anyone selling a copy? (camelot books had one, but its gone now :cry:)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/smokeandmirrorswithslipcase.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Is there any chance of any 'spares' of the limited edition turning up? Or does anyone know anyone selling a copy? (camelot books had one, but its gone now :cry:)

Since the slipcases are a little more than two months out, I will know for sure if there are copies a little closer to then because some retailers have gone out of business over the last two years and I might have copies to offer. I have to dig into the records and get the paperwork in order first.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
04-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Our approval copies have been approved and the books are being finished. I thought you might like to see two quick photos to show the size. I grabbed a random paperback off my desk for the front cover shot and then a SOD 1 for the spine shot:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/screamplayssmokeandmirrorsFRONT.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/screamplayssmokeandmirrorsSPINE.jpg

Brian

Patrick
04-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Sweet!

somekindofstranger
04-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Fingers crossed!

Since the slipcases are a little more than two months out, I will know for sure if there are copies a little closer to then because some retailers have gone out of business over the last two years and I might have copies to offer. I have to dig into the records and get the paperwork in order first.

Brian

dnemec
04-28-2014, 02:10 PM
WOW...those look great! I think I ordered both....

YES! (After paging through dozens of CD emails. No, I don't have a problem!)

ESW
05-02-2014, 07:34 AM
As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.

What? What??? (curls himself into a little ball in the dark corner of the room and begins mumbling incoherently while speed-twiddling his thumbs)

If Brian and Mindy call me for more illustration jobs I would be happy to work for them! However, generally, I'm going to be shifting my focus a bit, and expanding my work to other venues.

(By the way, I see "Michael Jackson" on my member-name status here, now...that's funny. :wtf: I cannot dance, and cannot sing. That makes no sense.)

Cheers! (raising coffee cup)

LATER: now it's back to "Gunslinger Apprentice," post-post. Someone's got a sensah humah!

carlosdetweiller
05-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Brian, Do you have any information or updates on a couple of Peter Straub titles? I would like to know the status of the lettered edition of SIDES (announced 11/06) and FLOATING DRAGON (announced 4/12). Thanks!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-04-2014, 04:48 AM
On the subject of Peter Straub... Any chance of doing a super deluxe edition of Ghost Story? That would be awesome!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

frik
05-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Absolutely!
And a SHADOWLAND limited would be just as wonderful.

sk

Brian James Freeman
05-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Brian, Do you have any information or updates on a couple of Peter Straub titles? I would like to know the status of the lettered edition of SIDES (announced 11/06) and FLOATING DRAGON (announced 4/12). Thanks!

They're in the queue with our traycase maker who does those two sizes for us. Floating Dragon should be done in the next four or five titles he finishes. Sides will probably be later. (He works in batches based on trim size, so he can cut the front and back boards in batches.)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-07-2014, 07:10 AM
A sneak preview of the production update we're emailing to the CARRIE customers today. Here's the cover for the Numbered Artist Edition:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/king09fullAElarge.jpg

Brian

Ari_Racing
05-07-2014, 07:15 AM
I LOVE IT!

Jimimck
05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
That is awesome!

Kingfan24
05-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm so glad I got both editions - awesome work on the cover

webstar1000
05-07-2014, 07:27 AM
SICK! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aronstg
05-07-2014, 07:31 AM
That's wonderful!

sublimicals
05-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Wow that is something else......Awesome work by the artist...:thumbsup:

The Library Policeman
05-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Fantastic artwork! :D

frik
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Amazing! Totally love it.

sk

Kingfan24
05-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Hey Brian when is the update going out?

Brian James Freeman
05-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Probably in the next hour or so.

Brian

Patrick
05-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Love that artwork!

skyofcrack
05-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Beautiful!

Superfly
05-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Great!!! I´m really looking forward to the book!

Tommy
05-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Love it! Definitely one of the very best covers CD has done, so good it doesn't need any lettering IMO, very excited to see what the next five artist editions will look like! :excited:

Brian James Freeman
05-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Love it! Definitely one of the very best covers CD has done, so good it doesn't need any lettering IMO, very excited to see what the next five artist editions will look like! :excited:

Funny you mention the lettering. We're going with no text on the front of the Artist Edition DJs in this series to really put the focus on their art.

Brian

The Library Policeman
05-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Funny you mention the lettering. We're going with no text on the front of the Artist Edition DJs in this series to really put the focus on their art.

Brian

That's a great idea. :)

Tommy
05-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Brian

Sweet! That makes me very happy! Thanks for the reply Brian!

webstar1000
05-07-2014, 10:31 AM

Brian

Brian, If I may... I would reserve the no writing for this edition. I may speak out of turn and please people agree or dis-agree with me but I feel the Artist needs this focus more... hence the name "Artist Edition". kris

Randall Flagg
05-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Great piece. I love the idea of no text on the front.

subie09lega
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm glad you're doing that, too. That's a great piece by Tomislav.

Patrick
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm absolutely on board with the "no text" concept for the dust jackets in this entire series.

webstar1000
05-07-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm absolutely on board with the "no text" concept for the dust jackets in this entire series.

YES!!

Dano
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
DOUBLE YES!!! Love this idea! Phew!!!

Dan

skyofcrack
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM

Brian

Wow, I was going to suggest that the art have no titles like the Signet paperback 1st printings but didn't think you'd go for it. :excited:

Merlin1958
05-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh, now that is some stunning art!!! Love the face in the fire!! :clap::clap::clap:

Ben Staad
05-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the advance viewing. It's obvious that I'm against the grain on this one.

thegreattim
05-08-2014, 04:55 AM

Brian

Hmmm... I didn't get the update for some reason. Anything important in it besides the art?

ETA: I love the jacket and the no text plan too.

webstar1000
05-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Brian, I was wondering if you had a rough idea of time (and I know it is hard to be 100%) of when we will see the first Carrie's going out?

AKC
05-08-2014, 07:08 AM
How are the "triple remarqued" Doctor Sleep S/Ls coming along?

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2014, 07:52 AM

Brian

Hmmm... I didn't get the update for some reason. Anything important in it besides the art?

ETA: I love the jacket and the no text plan too.

Definitely drop Mindy a line if you preordered a copy from us and didn't get the update yesterday because we'll want to make sure your email address on your order is correct. Also, there was a "thank you" coupon code just for those who preordered, so we'll want to make sure you get that, too! Her address is order@cemeterydance.com.

Here's the text of the update part of the email:

The limitation pages have arrived from the printer and the sheets to be signed are now headed to Croatia for Tomislav Tikulin to sign. Once they’re back, they’ll go to Glenn Chadbourne in Maine for him to sign as well.

The book itself has been designed and is with our proofreaders. The special order elements for the production/printing, some of which are being hand-made in Europe, have already been ordered. The paper stock is a special order that will take approximately six weeks to arrive at our printer.

Our printer has also started work on the “dummy book,” which is an early blank version of the book that is made by hand to be the exact same size as the finished book based on the materials selected. This early version will allow our slipcase maker to get started on the slipcases ahead of time without an actual finished book for sizing.

Finally, we’re pleased to show off the artwork for the Artist Edition here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/king09fullAElarge.jpg

We look forward to sharing more insider information with you in the months to come, including some sneak peeks at the artwork for the next book in the series, ‘SALEM’S LOT, later this summer.

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2014, 07:53 AM
How are the "triple remarqued" Doctor Sleep S/Ls coming along?

We just sent 18 more copies to Erin Wells. She's been really generous with her schedule because I know these take some time to do. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com if you didn't already and I'll check and see if yours is in that batch we just sent. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Brian, I was wondering if you had a rough idea of time (and I know it is hard to be 100%) of when we will see the first Carrie's going out?

I'm hoping the Gift and the Numbered Artist Edition will ship by the end of September at the very latest, but until those signature sheets are back, it'll be hard to pinpoint exactly. Maybe it'll be a little sooner. :) I'll post when everything is sent to the printer, which will give us a pretty good idea of the ship date unless something really bad happens. ;)

Brian

webstar1000
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Does anyone ever send anything to have Erin Wells remarque? I really want a GE IT done by her... how do you do if so?

bdwyer19
05-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I'll PM you her email. She's a Wisconsin native, like me, so she's great to work with!

LostAlivE
05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Brian are all 6 of the books in this series going to be 7 inches X 10 inches ?

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Brian are all 6 of the books in this series going to be 7 inches X 10 inches ?

Correct, they will be 7 X 10.

Brian

LostAlivE
05-08-2014, 09:21 AM
I can't wait to see what you come up with for each book especially The Stand.

webstar1000
05-08-2014, 09:45 AM
I can't wait to see what you come up with for each book especially The Stand.

Me too... and another one (most might not agree) but the last book... the one that King just threw at them. Be nice to see Pet Semetary get some love:) If we are lucky ever book in this series will be MIND BLOWING.

LostAlivE
05-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Brian I meant to ask you if The Stand is going the be the complete uncut edition or the edited edition. I hope it will be the uncut edition. I can't remember if it was ever mentioned.

Brian James Freeman
05-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Brian I meant to ask you if The Stand is going the be the complete uncut edition or the edited edition. I hope it will be the uncut edition. I can't remember if it was ever mentioned.

My guess would be the uncut version since that is Steve's preferred version, but I have no files yet. We'll post more information next year when it's a wee bit closer to publication. :)

Brian

webstar1000
05-09-2014, 09:24 AM

My guess would be the uncut version since that is Steve's preferred version, but I have no files yet. We'll post more information next year when it's a wee bit closer to publication. :)

Brian

I just might be most pumped for this one Brian:) Your books are the best in my collection... hands down.

Merlin1958
05-09-2014, 03:13 PM

Brian

FWIW I have always felt that the uncut version flowed better than the first "cut" version. IMHO

thegreattim
05-10-2014, 05:58 AM
I too agree that the uncut version is the better of the two books, reading quality wise... However, in the spirit of this project, a true set of the Doubleday books should include a cut copy of The Stand. So that's what I'd prefer, though I'm not holding my breath. I think it highly unlikely that Sai King would go for a reprint of the hacked version.

biomieg
05-10-2014, 06:59 AM
It just occurred to me that it would be pretty cool (IMO) to have the original artists create a new interpretation of the original cover art.

Cook
05-10-2014, 07:05 AM
It just occurred to me that it would be pretty cool (IMO) to have the original artists create a new interpretation of the original cover art.

:thumbsup:

thegreattim
05-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Whoa, that is a cool idea. They could be included as the frontspiece or something since there is already new cover art. I wonder if they are even all still alive...

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Has anyone else seen the CD email? Thoughts? WOw....

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 10:47 AM
la la la lala la la la la la... LOL like this?

Kingfan24
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
I just might have to do it... and I do not have the money with Carrie coming... Brian, if you are here... is this the ONLY way to guarantee your number? Thanks!!

I know you didn't share the contents but I don't think you should even mention it...if you read carefully it is not the only way...

bdwyer19
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Not yet... What's the email about?

Joe315
05-14-2014, 11:00 AM
la la la lala la la la la la... LOL like this?

It's not the only way. Take the time to read the whole email.

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 11:03 AM
I just might have to do it... and I do not have the money with Carrie coming... Brian, if you are here... is this the ONLY way to guarantee your number? Thanks!!

It's not the only way. Take the time to read the whole email.

Sorry.. idiot here.... missed the last line. Thanks guys

Dan
05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
The first rule of CD club is to not talk about CD club.

ICry4Oy
05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
And you might want to edit all your posts to read "la la la la la la ......"https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/13999983430_43982906eb_o.gif

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
The first rule of CD club is to not talk about CD club.

Ha! If anyone has any questions, please send me a Private Message since it's pretty limited in scope and not for the general public. Thanks!

Best,
Brian

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 11:25 AM
:emot-flame:

Brian James Freeman
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
:emot-flame:

Ha! Love that one.

Frankie
05-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Pretty smart Brian, good for you, good for us. :)

Patrick
05-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Locked it in. :)

webstar1000
05-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Done. Thanks Brian....

sharki69
05-15-2014, 04:57 PM
If someone still interested - B&N has CD Carrie Deluxe ed for $73 and free shipping....($20 less than CD)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/carrie-stephen-king/1119183152?ean=9781587674792

Brian James Freeman
05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
If someone still interested - B&N has CD Carrie Deluxe ed for $73 and free shipping....($20 less than CD)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/carrie-stephen-king/1119183152?ean=9781587674792

Given the current quantities sold, I can't promise that any retailer outside of our usual indies will get this title. We very well may send 100 or so copies to a book distributor we have a good relationship with -- to try to help keep that relationship good because we take a lot of heat on these King books where they want 5,000 to 10,000 copies and we have to say "sorry" -- but if we do send them any, we don't know where those end up in the end. Often they go to libraries because libraries don't really return books AND they pay the distributor a lower discount, so the distributor makes out better. But that doesn't mean they WON'T send copies to B&N or Amazon. I just can't promise they will. Does that make sense?

Brian

Frankie
05-15-2014, 06:06 PM

For 20 bucks I'd honestly rather give the dough to CD than B&N. Let B&N make their metric shit ton of money off trade editions and digital.

Patrick
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I agree with Frankie. Plus, when it comes to mail order, I trust Mindy, Dan, and Brian a hell of a lot more.

Merlin1958
05-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I agree. Always support my local publisher (so to speak)!!!

sharki69
05-16-2014, 06:05 PM

Given the current quantities sold, I can't promise that any retailer outside of our usual indies will get this title. We very well may send 100 or so copies to a book distributor we have a good relationship with -- to try to help keep that relationship good because we take a lot of heat on these King books where they want 5,000 to 10,000 copies and we have to say "sorry" -- but if we do send them any, we don't know where those end up in the end. Often they go to libraries because libraries don't really return books AND they pay the distributor a lower discount, so the distributor makes out better. But that doesn't mean they WON'T send copies to B&N or Amazon. I just can't promise they will. Does that make sense?

Brian

Thanks Brian.

I agree with all the others !! didn't mean to encourage buying this (and any other book) from B&N. I wouldn't do it also. Especially after the package I received today.... 2 books were damaged
Was just curious why.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo111/sharki69/Skelton%20crew/05EEA6B0-F16E-4EAF-A360-33F798E0E8A8.jpg (http://s367.photobucket.com/user/sharki69/media/Skelton%20crew/05EEA6B0-F16E-4EAF-A360-33F798E0E8A8.jpg.html)

Merlin1958
05-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Brian

Thanks Brian.

I agree with all the others !! didn't mean to encourage buying this (and any other book) from B&N. I wouldn't do it also. Especially after the package I received today.... 2 books were damaged
Was just curious why.

I don't mean to sound redundant, but you can depend on great packing and quality from, CD. Plus, you would be supporting a publisher that supports "Us" and lastly. As Brian stated, they may not even get copies. Bottom line is, I "Trust", CD to deliver. The "Corporations" not so much. Therefore, IMHO, it is worth a couple of extra bucks to eliminate the "anxious" factor.

sharki69
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Agreed !

Br!an
05-16-2014, 07:03 PM
I went to Barnes & Noble to buy a book that came out on Tuesday. The B&N 20 miles south of me had three copies, all with crushed spines. I then went to the one 20 miles north of me. (For those keeping score we are up to 60 miles and I haven't headed home yet.) They had two copies. One was fine and the other near fine. I bought the fine copy and was happy not to have to go to another store to find it.

Since I collect books I appreciate the fact that when CD ships me a book it arrives in perfect condition. I have only rarely purchased collectible books from B&N or Amazon, and am never comfortable doing it.

Merlin1958
05-16-2014, 07:08 PM
I went to Barnes & Noble to buy a book that came out on Tuesday. The B&N 20 miles south of me had three copies, all with crushed spines. I then went to the one 20 miles north of me. (For those keeping score we are up to 60 miles and I haven't headed home yet.) They had two copies. One was fine and the other near fine. I bought the fine copy and was happy not to have to go to another store to find it.

Since I collect books I appreciate the fact that when CD ships me a book it arrives in perfect condition. I have only rarely purchased collectible books from B&N or Amazon, and am never comfortable doing it.

Here, here!!!! Great Job and attitude!!!

WeDealInLead
05-17-2014, 06:28 AM
I think I might have found a glitch on the CD website but I'll need someone else to verify it. When I log in and go to the main page from the first page you're sent to after a log in, it automatically signs me out. Short version: if I put something in the cart and go to the check out page, everything is fine. If I sign in and want to browse, I get signed out.

This could be something on my end but I remember trying this at my work (I wanted to be signed in for that last big announcement) and I kept getting signed out there too.

Dan
05-17-2014, 06:40 AM
I think I might have found a glitch on the CD website but I'll need someone else to verify it. When I log in and go to the main page from the first page you're sent to after a log in, it automatically signs me out. Short version: if I put something in the cart and go to the check out page, everything is fine. If I sign in and want to browse, I get signed out.

This could be something on my end but I remember trying this at my work (I wanted to be signed in for that last big announcement) and I kept getting signed out there too.

Mine doesn't do this. Maybe try a different browser or check your cookie settings.

ICry4Oy
05-18-2014, 06:43 AM

Mine doesn't do this. Maybe try a different browser or check your cookie settings.

Mine always does that in IE9 but never in Firefox.

Randall Flagg
05-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Mine always does that in IE9 but never in Firefox.
I just tried it with IE 11 and had no issue.

webstar1000
05-18-2014, 02:43 PM
I know Brian has probably said.. When does the Dark Man Port land?

Randall Flagg
05-18-2014, 02:56 PM

I just attempted it with IE 2.0 running Windows 95. It failed. I couldn't even launch the browser, even with a land-line dial-up....

ICry4Oy
05-18-2014, 03:29 PM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2910/14237578103_2058c077a4_o.jpghttps://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14217271705_55845061cf_o.gif

Brian James Freeman
05-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I know Brian has probably said.. When does the Dark Man Port land?

I'm expecting the final approval slipcase this week, which would mean completed cases should be ready to ship to us by the end of the month. 13 books are also on the way in the next 6 weeks (sorry Dan and Dave!), but these portfolios should ship in June.

Brian

webstar1000
05-19-2014, 03:28 AM
Thanks Brian!

Brian James Freeman
05-21-2014, 10:46 AM
First Photos of The Dark Man Deluxe Oversized Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2014/05/21/first-photos-of-the-dark-man-by-stephen-king-deluxe-oversized-signed-limited-edition-artwork-portfolio/

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/A_CHADBO11photo04large.jpg

Brian

Patrick
05-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Looks great, Brian! I better figure out if I ordered one...

jonp
05-21-2014, 11:05 AM
WOW! I absolutely love that. Just can't wait Brian. Will the remarqued copies be shipping at a later date or in June?
Jon

jhanic
05-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I have one on order. It looks GREAT!

John

Kingfan24
05-21-2014, 11:07 AM
You could get a Remarque for your art portfolio?

Brian James Freeman
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
WOW! I absolutely love that. Just can't wait Brian. Will the remarqued copies be shipping at a later date or in June?
Jon

Glenn has those sheets now, so I think the remarqued sets will either ship at the same time or by the very end of June, so they won't be delayed very much in the worst case scenario. Thanks for asking!

Brian

jonp
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
You could get a Remarque for your art portfolio?

I've got a receipt for one, so I assume so!

jonp
05-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks Brian!

webstar1000
05-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Brian.. wow... again your team continues to impress. Makes me so glad I grabbed this in my matching number! WOW... looks so good. MIght I ask the same question.... how can one go about getting a remarque in it?

Brian James Freeman
05-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Brian.. wow... again your team continues to impress. Makes me so glad I grabbed this in my matching number! WOW... looks so good. MIght I ask the same question.... how can one go about getting a remarque in it?

We've already heard from a few more collectors about this, so we're checking with Glenn to see if has time in the next three weeks to do a few more. We'll send a note when we know!

webstar1000
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM

We've already heard from a few more collectors about this, so we're checking with Glenn to see if has time in the next three weeks to do a few more. We'll send a note when we know!

Yep I am in if he is:) ESPECIALLY where it looks that good!!

carlosdetweiller
05-21-2014, 11:47 AM

I'll bet he does.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-21-2014, 12:26 PM
I'll bet he does.

That's because Glenn is an absolute superstar!!! :thumbsup:

Jimimck
05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Looks awesome. Glad I grabbed one of these. Little surprised they haven't sold out.

ELazansky
05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Seeing the box isn't changing my mind - the production value from CD looks great as always, but I'm not a Chadbourne fan at all, so it doesn't interest me. But I'm sure the folks who buy one will enjoy it.

Patrick
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm a sucker for an S/L book and art portfolio matched set. I just ordered.

Ben Staad
05-21-2014, 03:41 PM
The portfolio looks amazing.

jhanic
05-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Just got the notice that my copy of Screamplays has shipped! Yayyy!

John

Patrick
05-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Great! That must mean mine will ship soon too. :thumbsup:

dnemec
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Got my Smoke & Mirrors today. What a great book! I don't usually pay too much attention to what materials are used, but this book is cool!!! (Pet your book when you get yours...you'll see what I mean!) The mirror effect is interesting too. Great work as usual, CD!

ELazansky
05-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Got my Smoke & Mirrors today. What a great book! I don't usually pay too much attention to what materials are used, but this book is cool!!! (Pet your book when you get yours...you'll see what I mean!) The mirror effect is interesting too. Great work as usual, CD!

Wow, hope to see my shipping notice soon. Didn't know these were ready to go out.

uturn83
05-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Shipping notice for Screamplays and Smoke & Mirrors :)

webstar1000
05-22-2014, 03:40 AM
I'll bet he does.

That's because Glenn is an absolute superstar!!! :thumbsup:

I gotta ask... do you have any other artists you like? I mean I like Glenn but I like soooo many others too and I only ever hear you talk about Glenn.

cit74
05-22-2014, 06:39 AM

Wow, hope to see my shipping notice soon. Didn't know these were ready to go out.

me neither…looking forward to the new arrival.

Kingfan24
05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Will the s/l edition of smoke and mirrors ship in June?

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Will the s/l edition of smoke and mirrors ship in June?

Slipcases will take 10 to 12 weeks, but they might be done a little sooner!

Brian

ELazansky
05-22-2014, 08:14 AM
So the Smoke and Mirrors that has gone out was just the regular trade? I didn't think the S/L was going to be done until end of summer..

DanHocker
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
So the Smoke and Mirrors that has gone out was just the regular trade? I didn't think the S/L was going to be done until end of summer..

Right now we're shipping the trade editions of Smoke & Mirrors and Screamplays. The limited edition of Smoke and Mirrors will ship once the cases are done.

Br!an
05-22-2014, 08:35 AM
CD website is down.

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2014, 09:03 AM
CD website is down.

Yep, we're on the line with our host about it now. Will post when it's back. Thanks!

stroppygoblin
05-22-2014, 09:03 AM
CD website is down.

Has been for at least 2 hours...

webstar1000
05-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Brian PM set....

DanHocker
05-22-2014, 10:28 AM
CD website is down.

Has been for at least 2 hours...

Yea it's been off and on all day.

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
They've shifted us to a new server while they work and it should be loading now or very soon!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Looks like we're definitely back online. Thanks for your patience!

Brian