PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Roseannebarr
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
If someone could have a similar problem, it helps to bring it to light here! Just my opinion. First thing I did when I saw the post, was check my book for the number!

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 04:53 PM
If someone could have a similar problem, it helps to bring it to light here! Just my opinion. First thing I did when I saw the post, was check my book for the number!

I like to be given the chance to make a situation right before someone posts in all caps about it. Just my opinion.

Brian

stroppygoblin
11-25-2013, 04:55 PM
so.... does that mean 402 is available ?

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
so.... does that mean 402 is available ?

Any remaining numbers that didn't ship are for the copies being used for the remarques by Erin Wells and/or Glenn Chadbourne that didn't have requested numbers. The books are being sent to the artists in batches, so we would have figured out something was off when we went to ship the last batch and we were short an "unwanted" number. At that point, if not sooner, we would have seen there was a requested number that had never been crossed off and we would have contacted the customer to find out what number he or she ended up with and whether he or she wanted to swap for the proper number.

Brian

P.S. My browser keeps trying to auto-correct "remarques" to "remarries" all of a sudden...

Jimimck
11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Just received a notice from my local Post Office that my book is being held by customs for import fess etc.

Brian, we need to work out a friendly arrangement wehere you put a decimal point in the declared value, that could be argued with the insurance people if required :evil:

stroppygoblin
11-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Just received a notice from my local Post Office that my book is being held by customs for import fess etc.

Brian, we need to work out a friendly arrangement wehere you put a decimal point in the declared value, that could be argued with the insurance people if required :evil:

I thought the UK didn't charge import fees on books?

Import duty & taxes when importing into United Kingdom
Overview
Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into the United Kingdom from outside of the EU whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the value of the imported goods plus the cost of importing them (shipping and insurance).
Duty Rates
The duty rates applied to imports into the United Kingdom typically range between 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington Boots). Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free. However, certain goods may even be subject to additional duties depending on the country of manufacture, for example Bicycles made in China carry an additional (anti dumping) duty of 48.5%.
VAT Rates
The standard VAT rate for importing items into the United Kingdom is 20%, with certain products, for example Children's car seats, attracting VAT at the reduced rate of 5%, and some goods are exempt from VAT altogether, for example books, children clothes and children shoes. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 05:30 PM

I keep joking that it'll soon be just as cost effective for me to jump on a plane with everyone's books in my luggage!

needfulthings
11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Seems like a bit of unnecessary histrionics. Did you give CD a chance to respond before posting this?

Hadn't even contacted Mindy...

I have left 2 phone messages. That was the FIRST thing I did. For some reason when I try to contact CD I get this message Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. I'm Sorry if I am not a computer nerd but I do know how to use the telephone & as of this posting have not herd from Mindy.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Seems like a bit of unnecessary histrionics. Did you give CD a chance to respond before posting this?

Hadn't even contacted Mindy...

I have left 2 phone messages. That was the FIRST thing I did. For some reason when I try to contact CD I get this message Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. I'm Sorry if I am not a computer nerd but I do know how to use the telephone & as of this posting have not herd from Mindy.

We check the phone message daily, so in that case she'll be calling you back tomorrow with details about how the book swap happens. Sorry again for the inconvienence.

Brian

The Library Policeman
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Brian, imagine my HORROR when I opened my box and saw you'd sent me a numbered instead of a lettered!!!! :evil:

Jimimck
11-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I thought the UK didn't charge import fees on books?

Import duty & taxes when importing into United Kingdom
Overview
Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into the United Kingdom from outside of the EU whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the value of the imported goods plus the cost of importing them (shipping and insurance).
Duty Rates
The duty rates applied to imports into the United Kingdom typically range between 0% (for example books) and 17% (for example Wellington Boots). Some products, such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game consoles, are duty free. However, certain goods may even be subject to additional duties depending on the country of manufacture, for example Bicycles made in China carry an additional (anti dumping) duty of 48.5%.
VAT Rates
The standard VAT rate for importing items into the United Kingdom is 20%, with certain products, for example Children's car seats, attracting VAT at the reduced rate of 5%, and some goods are exempt from VAT altogether, for example books, children clothes and children shoes. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.

No idea what they do in the UK, but the arseholes here in New Zealand charge it on books apparently....

Jimimck
11-25-2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/icons/icon1.png
<H2 class="title icon">

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/styles/grayfolio/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jimimck http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/styles/grayfolio/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=815398#post815398)

I keep joking that it'll soon be just as cost effective for me to jump on a plane with everyone's books in my luggage!

</H2>Better yet: New Zealand distrution office. I have a spare room you can lease at a very reasonable rate...

needfulthings
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Thank You Waiting for Mindy's call.
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/7406/6jmk.jpg

ICry4Oy
11-25-2013, 11:28 PM
P.S. My browser keeps trying to auto-correct "remarques" to "remarries" all of a sudden...

I think that's because in Arkansas it is still legal to marry your book.

DanHocker
11-26-2013, 06:12 AM

I call dibs on that job.

TwistedNadine
11-26-2013, 09:58 AM
I have been working with CD for nearly a month to resolve an issue (still not resolved) but am working closely with Mindy and, most recently, Brian to fix. Although I could have brought the situation to light, I trust that they will eventually make it right......

Brian or Dan will make it right. I have faith in them, not so much in Mindy.

I like to be given the chance to make a situation right before someone posts in all caps about it. Just my opinion.
Brian

Needfulthings always uses caps in his posts so I did not read it as yelling, just frustration. I have also had to wait days for a response from Mindy (and then I am told she did respond but odd how those emails never got to me but all the other ones do). When I email Brian I get answers usually the same day - sometimes within hours. But when I email Brian Mindy tells me to email her. But it seems that the few issues I have had dont get resolved until I involve Brian (or Dan). Case in point was the post I made yesterday where my SL with Chong Remarque was on backorder (according to Mindy) yet when I post it here Dan says it should have been shipped. An email from Dan yesterday said it will go out in yesterdays UPS. Tho I have not yet received shipping notification I do know that when Dan (or Brian) say something they make it happen. I trust I will get straight answers from them with resolutions rather than dont knows or not sures. I dont have that same confidence in Mindy.

To be clear I am NOT calling out CD - Brian and Dan have shown over and over excellent customer service. However, I AM calling out Mindy.

Sorry if this upsets anyone, or its thought to be out of line, but I did want to voice my feelings on the subject.

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Mindy deals with hundreds of customers every day so it definitely can take some time to get a response. I wish we could hire two Mindys. :)

Dan and I only deal with those who come directly to us or that we spot on message boards, so it's easier for us to respond quickly. Always feel free to contact any of us if you need help. Right now, I have to pass most everyone with an order question to Mindy or Dan because I'm working from home while adjusting to life with a cranky (at night time only!) newborn, so I'm not at the office to discuss these things in person, which is what I do when there's a problem with an order since I don't actually work in the order management system and I'd only make things worse if I did. :)

Brian

DanHocker
11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I'd also like to add that you're a bit off base with your complaints against Mindy in this situation, as by the time you had contacted me I was already taking care of fixing your order because Mindy had pointed out that it was on back order to me and probably shouldn't have been.

ICry4Oy
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I've always found Mindy to be a godsend any time I've contacted CD.

Pasiuk57
11-26-2013, 10:41 AM
same here. She has been on the ball always.

TwistedNadine
11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I'd also like to add that you're a bit off base with your complaints against Mindy in this situation, as by the time you had contacted me I was already taking care of fixing your order because Mindy had pointed out that it was on back order to me and probably shouldn't have been.

Understood.
Taking this off public discussion - email sent

mcdonaldj
11-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Just the fact this discussion exists and CD routinely updates and responds to questions is well above the norm of customer service. Now if we just got preferred ordering status...

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2013, 10:58 AM

I swear, I laugh every single time I see your avatar on here. I feel like there might be something wrong with me...

Brian

needfulthings
11-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Just TALKED with Mindy Looks like the problem has been resolved. The right # is being shipped. THANK YOU.

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Just TALKED with Mindy Looks like the problem has been resolved. The right # is being shipped. THANK YOU.

Thanks again for the order and sorry for the mix-up!

Brian

jhanic
11-26-2013, 12:36 PM
I've never had any problem with anyone at CD when I have a question or problem. A quick response, for me, is the norm.

John

The Library Policeman
11-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I've never had any problem with anyone at CD when I have a question or problem. A quick response, for me, is the norm.

John

Yeah ditto.

Highbury
11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Got my S/L of Doctor Sleep and its gorgeous, have to echo the same statements that CD is above and beyond compared to the rest.

jhanic
11-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I just got notice that my s/l Dark Man with the Chadbourne remarque has shipped!

John

TwistedNadine
11-26-2013, 03:11 PM
My issue has been resolved as well. Seems to have been a few Lost In Translation issues which Dan cleared up.
Thanks Dan.

Merlin1958
11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
just an observation, but the fact that 2 important cogs in the, CD machine actually are members here and review the posts is amazing to me. It probably has helped immensely with their "recovery" from the old guard at CD and is something more small press publishers should openly practice.

I used to rail on about CD and conversely, I feel it only right to be just as enthusiastic with praise as I was with criticism over the last few years. You guys are doing an amazing job. Clap yourselves on the back, "Team CD"!!!

Mistakes will happen, it's the quick, willing and thorough resolution of them that sets you apart from your peers!!!

ESW
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM

I have to agree that when I've had a question--no matter how busy she is at the moment--Mindy's been direct, helpful and prompt in her response. I think sometimes she is faced with a daunting amount of work, and the publisher keeps track of so many special deals, requests, etc., I think anyone would find it challenging now and then.

Merlin1958
11-26-2013, 04:27 PM

I have to agree that when I've had a question--no matter how busy she is at the moment--Mindy's been direct, helpful and prompt in her response. I think sometimes she is faced with a daunting amount of work, and the publisher keeps track of so many special deals, requests, etc., I think anyone would find it challenging now and then.

Well stated!!! Mindy, takes the heat so, Brian and Dan can be the hero!! LOL

Just Kidding around, guys!!!

bdwyer19
11-26-2013, 05:20 PM
On a completely random note, I'm on conference calls every day with the folks behind Healtcare.gov (Aka Obamacare). The main guys in charge are Brian and Dan. I'm glad you guys are much more organized than that train wreck!

Brian James Freeman
11-26-2013, 10:25 PM
I know we've certainly made mistakes and had miscommunications, but do you want to have a really frustrating email customer service experience?

You should jump onto this email exchange between me and Amazon where I've spent a week trying to explain why it's physically impossible, in this universe we live in, for them to get 4,578 copies of a 1,750 copy print run that sold out in week many months ago.

Ignoring the math for a moment, they simply just don't seem to understand why anyone would even want to say "no" to them.

Brian

Jimimck
11-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Give them a taste of their own medicine, take the order, and then string them along for months on end before cancelling it....

biomieg
11-27-2013, 02:23 AM
Got my S/L of Doctor Sleep and its gorgeous, have to echo the same statements that CD is above and beyond compared to the rest.

The book does look pretty neat!

I don't collect S/L editions so I should probably STFU and GTFO but my personal opinion is that, although CD produces some fine-looking books, the nicest King S/Ls are the ones from Centipede, Lord John Press and Philtrum Press.

mistercrowley
11-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Disagree. CD makes a beautful book that is a piece of art and can be read which is important to me. I refuse to buy a book that and just look at it. With Centipede they make a gorgeous book but sometimes they are too big and cumbersome to comfortably read.

herbertwest
11-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Give them a taste of their own medicine, take the order, and then string them along for months on end before cancelling it....

It would only bring troubles to CD...

Brian James Freeman
11-27-2013, 03:12 AM

I may just start replying in Klingon because English doesn't seem to be doing the trick. ;)

Ben Mears
11-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Disagree. CD makes a beautful book that is a piece of art and can be read which is important to me. I refuse to buy a book that and just look at it. With Centipede they make a gorgeous book but sometimes they are too big and cumbersome to comfortably read.

I think both companies do an excellent job. That said the most enjoyable reading experience I have ever had was courtesy of the Centipede 'Salem's Lot.

Lookwhoitis
11-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I can't afford those aftermarket centipedes.

The first special edition book I ever read was Full Dark No Stars Gift Edition.

I enjoy the heck out of reading a nicely designed book.

Gogo Cemetery Dance!

DoctorZaius
11-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Everyone at CD is the best. Communication, shipping, replacement, etc. have never been an issue. Kudos to you all!

needfulthings
11-27-2013, 11:22 AM
#342 HAS BEEN SHIPPED :excited::excited::excited:

Ben Staad
11-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Great news. Fingers and toes crossed for safe travels.

#342 HAS BEEN SHIPPED :excited::excited::excited:

Brian James Freeman
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Both editions of The Damnation Game by Clive Barker are now more than 90% sold out:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/barker01

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/barker01.jpg

Brian

Ben Staad
11-27-2013, 04:56 PM
That is great news. It seems like my timing is always off on these things. I already spent my book money for the month (and next).

Roseannebarr
11-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at CD! I have been good all year (please take my word on that). Please give me a nice xmas present! On my list is a Signed/Limited edition of Mr Mercedes and if it isn't too early a signed limited copy of Revival. I don't think I am asking for too much here.

Brian James Freeman
11-27-2013, 07:52 PM
The Damnation Game is now sold out.

Patrick
11-29-2013, 10:58 AM
CD once sent me a book with the wrong number. Mindy took care of the issue and shipped me the correct number on a timely basis . In fact, I ended up paying for the "wrong" numbered book and keeping it as well. The book was such a beautiful production, I couldn't bear to give it up.

Speaking of beautiful productions, I was quite happy when my DOCTOR SLEEP gift edition arrived, but when my S/L landed on my doorstop... Wow!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Books%20II/SK-DocSleepSL-2_zps4edb50a4.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Books%20II/SK-DocSleepSL-3_zps92164a2d.jpg

I love the entire production, Team Cemetery Dance. You all have really put together something special with this.

The Vincent Chong remarque is the cherry on top. My only regret is that I hadn't been paying enough attention to have Erin Wells create something as well.

Scoogs
11-29-2013, 11:35 AM
That's interesting Patrick, now I wonder if a lot of the VC remarques are very similar to each other.

Patrick's Remarque:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Books%20II/SK-DocSleepSL-3_zps92164a2d.jpg

DoctorZaius' Remarque:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4395.jpg

Patrick
11-29-2013, 12:00 PM
I was wondering that as well. I hope others post photos of theirs. In any case, I always like VC's work.

DoctorZaius
11-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if the remarques would be unique. I know that the ones Vinny is doing for SP's Shining are limited to three variations of the same image. I would like to know if anyone got one that is substantially different from mine, and others like it.

Patrick
11-29-2013, 02:58 PM
I was wondering if the remarques would be unique. I know that the ones Vinny is doing for SP's Shining are limited to three variations of the same image. I would like to know if anyone got one that is substantially different from mine, and others like it.

He did three variations for this book as well. From the DOCTOR SLEEP thread a while back:

CD received the Vincent Chong remarques for Doctor Sleep:
http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/scenes-from-the-cemetery-dance-office-vincent-chong-remarques-for-doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king/

They turned out GREAT! I think our collectors will be very pleased.

Brian

DoctorZaius
11-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey, thanks. Very interesting.

Scoogs
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Initially I thought those just happened to be the 3 on top in the boxes, but I think Patrick is probably right.

Brian, are all of the remarques based on those three images?

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Initially I thought those just happened to be the 3 on top in the boxes, but I think Patrick is probably right.

Brian, are all of the remarques based on those three images?

Yes, from what I recall, those were the three basic images he focused on for the remarques.

Brian

Merlin1958
11-29-2013, 06:26 PM
^ While as a consumer I hate that the artists usually do that, but by the same token with the amount of drawings they signed up for, I can understand it from their view point as well.

bdwyer19
11-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I'll be curious to see what Erin Wells comes up with. From what I recall, she had some good variations of Pennywise for her IT remarques.

shaq
12-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I just wanted to say, the service at Cemetery Dance are second to none and the quality of the books are top notch.

Bit random, but there you go!

Thanks Dave

shaq
12-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Oops posted by mistake BUT may as well say,

If a book sells out and you dearly want it, ALWAYS put yourself on the waiting list as you may be lucky!

:-)

Thanks again CD!

becca69
12-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Is there a ship date for the Doctor Sleep trade edition with CD slipcase yet?

Roseannebarr
12-04-2013, 08:53 AM

AND the UK edition with Slipcase!

DanHocker
12-04-2013, 09:17 AM

I'm not sure where the slipcases are in production. Brian should know though.

DanHocker
12-04-2013, 09:20 AM

If you're asking about the edition with the Facsimile signature, we sent the first half when they arrived from the UK awhile ago. The rest arrived in the midst of shipping Doctor Sleep and The Influence and will be shipping shortly. If you are asking about the UK trade hardcover edition, I'm not sure but Brian should know more.

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Slipcases should be done in the next two weeks. Because we have seven new books on the way from the printer next week and the following week, when the slipcases ship will depend on when the cases arrive, how the book shipping is going, and when we hit Christmas because we're actually going to take a few days off this year. But we'll do our best to ship them ASAP. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM

The trade UK slipcases will done just after the US slipcases!

becca69
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks. I was talking about the US edition. I'm waiting for this one to read even though I have 3 other versions :wtf:

Brian James Freeman
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks. I was talking about the US edition. I'm waiting for this one to read even though I have 3 other versions :wtf:

Collect the whole set! :)

bdwyer19
12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Brian - How are the Erin Wells remarqued Doctor Sleeps coming along?

ESW
12-07-2013, 10:34 AM

Pardon me for answering for Brian, but I just happened to be online when this message popped up in my e-mail. FYI -- the first batch of books arrived a day ago, so I am just starting the remarques. I will work through them in order of receipt, as fast as I can while keeping the drawings of high quality. I'll be sending updates to Brian throughout the process, so he will know where the books are at any given time. Thanks :-)

bdwyer19
12-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Pardon me for answering for Brian, but I just happened to be online when this message popped up in my e-mail. FYI -- the first batch of books arrived a day ago, so I am just starting the remarques. I will work through them in order of receipt, as fast as I can while keeping the drawings of high quality. I'll be sending updates to Brian throughout the process, so he will know where the books are at any given time. Thanks :-)

Thanks Erin!! Can't wait to get mine!

jhanic
12-07-2013, 11:33 AM

I'm also eagerly awaiting mine!

John

George at C-Springs
12-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Ditto here Erin ... keep an eye out for #186!

George

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2013, 06:10 PM

What she said! ;)

Brian

ESW
12-09-2013, 09:10 AM
#186 Noted! :thumbsup:

tippy4
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Slipcases should be done in the next two weeks. Because we have seven new books on the way from the printer next week and the following week, when the slipcases ship will depend on when the cases arrive, how the book shipping is going, and when we hit Christmas because we're actually going to take a few days off this year. But we'll do our best to ship them ASAP. :)

Brian

Do you think they will ship by the end of the year?

DanHocker
12-12-2013, 01:17 PM

Brian

Highly unlikely given what's on our plate and where the Holiday's fall this year.

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2013, 01:28 PM

Brian

Looking like that probably won't happen, just given the schedule.

I just heard from our box maker this afternoon that they now won't be done until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week with the Doctor Sleep slipcases. Even if they get them all packed and shipped to us on Wednesday, we won't receive the slipcases until Friday afternoon. Normally it takes a day to pack and ship, though, which would mean next Monday for the arrival. We're closed the 24, 25, and 26 of the following week for Christmas.

But before we can get to them, we have the trade hardcover orders for Turn Down The Lights to ship, plus all of those new signed Limited Editions that are arriving from the printer on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Three of those need to be hand-numbered, which slows the process considerably.

We also have two days where all the entire staff does is our year-end inventory, as well.

So I'm thinking we really need three to four more working weeks between now and Christmas to get everything done, unfortunately!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2013, 01:01 PM
First photos of the custom slipcases for Doctor Sleep by Stephen King:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/doctorsleepUSUKslipcases01.jpg

See more here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/12/19/slipcases-doctor-sleep/

Also, our box maker closed for the holidays today before they could pack the cases for shipment, so they won't be shipped to us until the new year, unfortunately.

Brian

Jimimck
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Looks great Brian.

Roseannebarr
12-19-2013, 02:30 PM
It looks like Cemetery Dance is doing a book club special! $149 you get 1 limited each month for the next 12 months. 10 of them are your choice. I got an email or two about it. HEEE HEEE heee. l mean an email or two every day! :emot-roflolmao:

Robert Fulman
12-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I did the book club this year, but they ended up cancelling half the books so I got 6 coupon codes worth $45 (along with six other books). I was a little disappointed, but it did end up being a good deal anyway.

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2013, 04:24 PM
It looks like Cemetery Dance is doing a book club special! $149 you get 1 limited each month for the next 12 months. 10 of them are your choice. I got an email or two about it. HEEE HEEE heee. l mean an email or two every day! :emot-roflolmao:

You'll get one or two more emails before Christmas. It's our big special of the winter. :) I try to highlight a different aspect of the deal in each newsletter (or answer questions we've been asked), so hopefully it's a little different take each time. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I did the book club this year, but they ended up cancelling half the books so I got 6 coupon codes worth $45 (along with six other books). I was a little disappointed, but it did end up being a good deal anyway.

Yeah, those six (unannounced) books are still in the works for 2014 or 2015, depending on when the authors turn in their manuscripts, but we didn't want the Book Club members to have to wait that long to get everything they were owed from the deal, and we didn't have six alternative titles to use instead, so the idea of offering six coupons (for a little higher value than the books would have been) seemed like a good compromise.

Enough people loved the coupon idea that we switched to that method for how the Book Club works in 2014 -- each month members get their own coupon to use toward a book of their choice, with the exception of the two exclusive Book Club only Limited Editions, which everyone gets by default. We'll see how it goes!

Brian

thegunslinger41
12-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Brian!!!

Hope all is well. Updates for the World War Z limited?

gabriel

DoctorZaius
12-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Brian!!!

gabriel

I'd like to know too. I had hoped to give both of the Brooks limiteds to my brother for XMAS. Maybe next year?

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Brian!!!

gabriel

Proofreading is just about wrapped up. I have to double-check at the office if Brooks has signed sheets for both books, but the plan is to send them to the printer together early next year.

Brian

Roseannebarr
12-20-2013, 07:49 AM

You'll get one or two more emails before Christmas. It's our big special of the winter. :) I try to highlight a different aspect of the deal in each newsletter (or answer questions we've been asked), so hopefully it's a little different take each time. :)

Brian

Part of my problem is i signed up my name and email address at work and at home and my wifes email adress! I didnt want to miss any important SK announcements. Its funny because the emails come up at different times!

Brian James Freeman
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Part of my problem is i signed up my name and email address at work and at home and my wifes email adress! I didnt want to miss any important SK announcements. Its funny because the emails come up at different times!

Ha, yes, for things that aren't time sensitive, we often send in batches of 1000 emails every 5 minutes due to the size of the list, so it takes a couple of hours for the whole list to get a newsletter. That helps cut down on the newsletter accidentally getting tagged as spam by ISPs. For you, it probably turns the day into Groundhog Day with the same email showing up again and again!

In case anyone is curious, for time sensitive stuff [example: "here's a new SK limited"], we send "at once" -- but the system still spreads those emails out over 30 minutes or so based on some algorithm to try to achieve the same effect with the ISPs.

Brian

LostAlivE
12-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I like the slipcover for the UK book but the one foe the Amer. edition looks kinda plain. I think it would have looked better with a splash of red on it.

LostAlivE
12-21-2013, 04:45 PM
One more thing is one taller or thicker than the other one?

DanHocker
12-23-2013, 06:29 AM

The US edition is slightly taller and slightly thicker than the UK edition.

jhanic
12-23-2013, 07:35 AM

Which book are we talking about?

John

DanHocker
12-23-2013, 07:38 AM

Which book are we talking about?

John

The trade editions of Doctor Sleep.

jhanic
12-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Oh, okay.

John

The Library Policeman
12-23-2013, 08:22 AM
It's funny (and cool) how peoples tastes vary. I prefer the US slipcase to the UK one. Both really nice though.

Br!an
12-24-2013, 07:37 PM
I saw the website says that "Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman: This book is rolling at printer and will be published in late December 2013." How's that going?

I would also appreciate any info on:
The Dark Man Deluxe Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio
William Peter Blatty's Lost Screenplays Limited Edition Set
Shivers VII Remarqued by Glenn Chadborne
'Salem's Lot Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne

Brian James Freeman
12-24-2013, 07:55 PM
I saw the website says that "Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman: This book is rolling at printer and will be published in late December 2013." How's that going?

Arrived in the warehouse with four other books on Monday before we closed for the holiday!

The Dark Man Deluxe Signed Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio

The actual 100 art prints are all done. Signature sheets are with Glenn. There has been a bit of a problem with the actual portfolio box that our box maker will be addressing when they re-open in January, which is also when we'll send out a production update. The short version is, the portfolio prototype looked great, but we've noticed it isn't holding up well, even just sitting at the office. So our box maker is ordering a heavier interior board and starting the building process from scratch in January. It wasted some money on our part, but we just weren't happy with the possibility that the boxes might bow in the future. Better safe than sorry!

William Peter Blatty's Lost Screenplays Limited Edition Set

Scripts are all designed up quite nicely. Now I just need to get the signature sheets on Bill's schedule and then we're off to the printer. Because I don't feel secure enough in the idea of using 5 dummy books for the slipcase sizing -- it just seems to me like the odds go way up that something could go wrong -- I'm going to wait for the real books to be printed before the slipcases and traycases are started into production. That means production will take about four months longer than with a dummy book, but it also means there is a 0% chance they'll get the case sizing wrong!

Shivers VII Remarqued by Glenn Chadborne

I know Glenn was sent the books. We'll check in with him after Christmas and see where they stand.

'Salem's Lot Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne

I believe Glenn was able to sign the art prints the other week and now they're in the queue to ship as soon as the warehouse reaches them on the "to do" list!

Brian

Br!an
12-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas.

herbertwest
12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
About TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS : is the official release date december of 2013, or sometime in 2014?
thx

herbertwest
12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
About TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS : is the official release date december of 2013, or sometime in 2014?
thx

George at C-Springs
12-30-2013, 03:16 PM
I would think Dec 2013 ... I've had my copy for a week or two already.

tippy4
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Brian...will you be making the slipcase for the GE of DOCTOR SLEEP available for purchase via the website?

herbertwest
12-31-2013, 02:24 AM

So it is officially available? What does the copyright page say?

herbertwest
12-31-2013, 02:24 AM

carlosdetweiller
12-31-2013, 02:39 AM

herbertwest
12-31-2013, 03:40 AM
thanks

Br!an
12-31-2013, 05:21 AM
thx

From the update page:

Turn Down the Lights edited by Richard Chizmar:
The trade edition shipped in December 2013. We have all but one piece of artwork for the signed editions. The signature sheets are circulating among the artists, but since there are 10 people to sign, we expect it'll be a few months before they are done. The signed editions will be published in 2014.

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Brian...will you be making the slipcase for the GE of DOCTOR SLEEP available for purchase via the website?

If Dan says we have enough extras, we will! Otherwise it'll be an "email Mindy about availability" kind of situation.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
First photos of the Doctor Sleep Deluxe Signed Lettered Edition, which will be shipping next month:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2014/01/06/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-deluxe-signed-lettered-edition-first-look/

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DoctorSleepLetteredEdition07.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-06-2014, 10:17 AM

First copies shipped on or around the pub date of December 17, 2013!

bdwyer19
01-06-2014, 10:45 AM

If Dan says we have enough extras, we will! Otherwise it'll be an "email Mindy about availability" kind of situation.

Brian

Brian - I contacted Mindy a few weeks back. Will your slipcases be arriving to you soon?

Jimimck
01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
WOW! Loving the lettered edition of Doctor Sleep. Very jealous of the lucky who (could afford to) purchased a copy. I think it looks really sharp.

stroppygoblin
01-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm happy with my Gift Edition, but the lettered really is a thing of Beauty...:tongue:

webstar1000
01-07-2014, 07:08 AM
What is the cover price of that lettered?

Br!an
01-07-2014, 07:13 AM

It's in the catalog.

Randall Flagg
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
$2,500

LostAlivE
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Brian you have any information about the Portfolio for Dr Sleep? I am wanting to get one so much. So anything to update us?

webstar1000
01-07-2014, 08:24 AM
$2,500

Thanks Randall, I went on the website... little to rich for me:(

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Brian you have any information about the Portfolio for Dr Sleep? I am wanting to get one so much. So anything to update us?

Won't be announced until after The Dark Man Artwork Portfolio ships. :) But did I mention before that it'll have a dozen new pieces of artwork?

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Brian

Brian - I contacted Mindy a few weeks back. Will your slipcases be arriving to you soon?

Ugh, edited because I was thinking of trade edition slipcase. If we have any extras to offer the Gift Edition slipcase, Mindy will know and can sell you one if you email her now.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 09:26 AM
By the way, I'm not receiving my notifications when this thread is updated, so if you have an urgent question, be sure to email me directly!

Brian

Randall Flagg
01-08-2014, 12:30 PM
By the way, I'm not receiving my notifications when this thread is updated, so you have an urgent question, be sure to email me directly!

Brian
That should be fixed now.

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
By the way, I'm not receiving my notifications when this thread is updated, so you have an urgent question, be sure to email me directly!

Brian

Thanks! I usually assume it's something on my end when that happens. :)

Brian

Randall Flagg
01-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Brian

Brian
Did it work for these recent posts?

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Brian

Brian
Did it work for these recent posts?

Yep, received these last two instantly!

Randall Flagg
01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Cemetery Dance has found a few extra gift copies of Doctor Sleep. Issue price. Better hurry.
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king07

Jimimck
01-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know when the 'Salem's Lot' art print is due to be shipped?

Also, anyone surprised The Dark Man art portfolio hasn't sold out? or was that to be expected?

DanHocker
01-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know when the 'Salem's Lot' art print is due to be shipped?

Also, anyone surprised The Dark Man art portfolio hasn't sold out? or was that to be expected?

Very very soon for the art print. Should start tomorrow.

Brian James Freeman
01-08-2014, 02:19 PM

I think most folks don't know what to expect until they see how it turns out since this is pretty different than what we've done before: 100 or so prints housed in a deluxe padded box, etc, etc. It's going to look amazing, but I think some collectors have had trouble conceptualizing it.

Brian

Jimimck
01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks Dan and Brian.
I would have thought after the success of the IT art portfolio most would have learned to trust CD with this type of production, and jumped on board straight away. I'm really excited about it and looking forward to seeing the final production.

mattgreenbean
01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I regretted not getting one before, didn't have the funds. But now I had some christmas money to use. So yeah, I'm looking forward to getting a dr sleep gift ed.

Merlin1958
01-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I regretted not getting one before, didn't have the funds. But now I had some christmas money to use. So yeah, I'm looking forward to getting a dr sleep gift ed.

How about you skip a Latte and donate $5 to the Haven Fund? :wink:

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 02:55 AM

Donate $10 - get a 'Grand Prize' entry! you may even win a *Dr Sleep Gift Edition! - Ka is a wheel....

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: No guarantees of any specific titles in the Grand Prize giveaway. Please read all instructions and warnings before use. Must be 18 years of age or older to proceed further. Enter at your own risk. Do not enter. Speed limit - 28.8 or higher. Stop here on red. Hostess will seat you. Trucks over 4 tons excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Some assembly required. This is a test of the emergency broadcast system - this is ONLY A TEST! List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. For indoor or outdoor use only. Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. We make no other warranties, expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Postal service will not deliver mail without postage. Belief in Ka does not guarantee reward. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. May be too intense for some viewers. See other side for additional listings. This product is meant for educational purposes only. For recreational use only. For office use only. For entertainment purposes only. Only 1 winner per household. Do not disturb. All models are over 18 years of age. Apply only to infected areas. If condition persists, consult your physician. Take two of these and call me in the morning. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Now with new plastic applicator. High altitude directions-increase cook time by 10 minutes. This is not an attorney advertisement or referal service. No user-serviceable parts inside. Website contains small parts and is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen. This compact disc was originally recorded on analog equipment. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Times are approximate. Do not disturb. Simulated picture. Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. Return your seatback and tray table to their normal upright position. Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. In the event of decreased air pressure, oxygen masks will pop out of the top of your monitor. The call you have made requires a 20 cent deposit. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. Do not block intersection. No tresspassing. No stopping or standing. Don't even think about parking here. No parking when road is snow covered. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Product will be hot after heating. Do not iron clothes on body. Remove clothing before distributing in washing machine. Do not use while sleeping. Do not use on food. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-Tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. Insert this end first. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. This page made from 100% recycled electrons. Slippery when wet. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Provided "as-is" without warranty. All references to Ka (c)Stephen King. Reader assumes full responsibility. We are an equal opportunity employer. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one per family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. Process promptly. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Webmaster is also not responsible for items left, lost or stolen. At participating locations only. Sold by weight, not by volume. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. This web site rated 'R' for Mature audiences. Do not take with alcohol. Sealed for your protection - do not use if safety seal is broken. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Use seatbelts even with airbags. Do not stop on railroad tracks. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Employees must wash hands before returning to work. Caution, coffee is served HOT. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. The Haven Fund is not affiliated with Ka or any of it's representatives. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Filmed in front of a live, studio audience. Call now to ensure prompt delivery. Leave off the last S for savings. Calls may be monitored for quality assurance or training purposes. Please make your selections from the following menu. All representatives are still busy assisting other callers. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you when they feel the need. Please call back during our normal business hours. You must be present to win. Winners need not be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. Do not use this product with a petroleum based lubricant. No animals were harmed in the preparation of this web site; only humans. This web page contains no CFCs. Discontinue use if nausea or dizziness occurs. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. No soliciting. Bridge freezes before road surface. Stop, get ticket. Right lane must turn right. Left lane must turn left. Middle lane must make up their damn minds. This site runs on unleaded fuel only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Buses and carpools with two or more people only. No hitchhiking. Components may be hot. Silica gel - do not eat. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Details on reverse side. Shoplifters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to check all bags, coats & personal belongings upon exiting this page. Recycle. Fragile - handle with care. This side up. No jumping or diving. No running by the pool. Register has less than $50 after dark. Driver does not carry cash. No swimming unless lifeguard is present. Swim at your own risk! Please do not wade in fountain. Guaranteed low prices. Not transferable. Actual size not shown. Contents under pressure. Do not intentionally inhale vapors. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Please be kind, rewind. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include tax. Do not remove any HTML tags under penalty of law. Hand wash only - tumble dry on low heat. No Canadian coins. Short circuit may cause fire. All Hail the Crimson King. No more than 3 transactions per car. Not recommended for small children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No alcohol, dogs or horses. Not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. Blackout dates may apply. Viewing by pregnant women may result in fetal injury, premature birth and low birth weight. First pull up, then pull down. Insert Tab A into Slot B. Call toll free number before digging. This space (____________) intentionally left blank. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Doors do not rebound or bounce back. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. Patent pending. For external use only. Avoid extreme temperatures. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a magnetic source. Smoking could be hazardous to your health. Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, induce vomiting. Ribbed for her pleasure. Offer valid only at participating locations. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. You may distribute this article freely, but may not make a profit from it. Actual cash value of this website is 1/1000th of a cent. Listen to your mom. Eat your veggies. Wear your seatbelt. Don't take candy from strangers... or strange people... or anyone really. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. If something offends you, lighten up, get a life and move on. This list was current at the time of printing. Terms are subject to change without notice. All decisions are final! This supersedes all previous notices.

Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes, or other acts of God, neglect, damage from improper use, incorrect line voltage, unauthorized use, unauthorized repair, improper installation, typos, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, disk failure, accidental file deletions, mud slides, forest fire, hitting of a deer, milk coming out of your nose due to laughing while drinking, or projectiles, which can include, but are not limited to, arrows, bullet shots, BBs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.

This disclaimer may not be copied or reproduced in any form

without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 02:55 AM
dup post

jhanic
01-09-2014, 06:54 AM

Donate $10 - get a 'Grand Prize' entry! you may even win a *Dr Sleep Gift Edition! - Ka is a wheel....

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: No guarantees of any specific titles in the Grand Prize giveaway. Please read all instructions and warnings before use. Must be 18 years of age or older to proceed further. Enter at your own risk. Do not enter. Speed limit - 28.8 or higher. Stop here on red. Hostess will seat you. Trucks over 4 tons excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Some assembly required. This is a test of the emergency broadcast system - this is ONLY A TEST! List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. For indoor or outdoor use only. Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. We make no other warranties, expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Postal service will not deliver mail without postage. Belief in Ka does not guarantee reward. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. May be too intense for some viewers. See other side for additional listings. This product is meant for educational purposes only. For recreational use only. For office use only. For entertainment purposes only. Only 1 winner per household. Do not disturb. All models are over 18 years of age. Apply only to infected areas. If condition persists, consult your physician. Take two of these and call me in the morning. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Now with new plastic applicator. High altitude directions-increase cook time by 10 minutes. This is not an attorney advertisement or referal service. No user-serviceable parts inside. Website contains small parts and is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen. This compact disc was originally recorded on analog equipment. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Times are approximate. Do not disturb. Simulated picture. Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. Return your seatback and tray table to their normal upright position. Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. In the event of decreased air pressure, oxygen masks will pop out of the top of your monitor. The call you have made requires a 20 cent deposit. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. Do not block intersection. No tresspassing. No stopping or standing. Don't even think about parking here. No parking when road is snow covered. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Product will be hot after heating. Do not iron clothes on body. Remove clothing before distributing in washing machine. Do not use while sleeping. Do not use on food. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-Tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. Insert this end first. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. This page made from 100% recycled electrons. Slippery when wet. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Provided "as-is" without warranty. All references to Ka (c)Stephen King. Reader assumes full responsibility. We are an equal opportunity employer. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one per family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. Process promptly. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Webmaster is also not responsible for items left, lost or stolen. At participating locations only. Sold by weight, not by volume. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. This web site rated 'R' for Mature audiences. Do not take with alcohol. Sealed for your protection - do not use if safety seal is broken. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Use seatbelts even with airbags. Do not stop on railroad tracks. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Employees must wash hands before returning to work. Caution, coffee is served HOT. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. The Haven Fund is not affiliated with Ka or any of it's representatives. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Filmed in front of a live, studio audience. Call now to ensure prompt delivery. Leave off the last S for savings. Calls may be monitored for quality assurance or training purposes. Please make your selections from the following menu. All representatives are still busy assisting other callers. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you when they feel the need. Please call back during our normal business hours. You must be present to win. Winners need not be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. Do not use this product with a petroleum based lubricant. No animals were harmed in the preparation of this web site; only humans. This web page contains no CFCs. Discontinue use if nausea or dizziness occurs. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. No soliciting. Bridge freezes before road surface. Stop, get ticket. Right lane must turn right. Left lane must turn left. Middle lane must make up their damn minds. This site runs on unleaded fuel only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Buses and carpools with two or more people only. No hitchhiking. Components may be hot. Silica gel - do not eat. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Details on reverse side. Shoplifters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to check all bags, coats & personal belongings upon exiting this page. Recycle. Fragile - handle with care. This side up. No jumping or diving. No running by the pool. Register has less than $50 after dark. Driver does not carry cash. No swimming unless lifeguard is present. Swim at your own risk! Please do not wade in fountain. Guaranteed low prices. Not transferable. Actual size not shown. Contents under pressure. Do not intentionally inhale vapors. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Please be kind, rewind. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include tax. Do not remove any HTML tags under penalty of law. Hand wash only - tumble dry on low heat. No Canadian coins. Short circuit may cause fire. All Hail the Crimson King. No more than 3 transactions per car. Not recommended for small children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No alcohol, dogs or horses. Not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. Blackout dates may apply. Viewing by pregnant women may result in fetal injury, premature birth and low birth weight. First pull up, then pull down. Insert Tab A into Slot B. Call toll free number before digging. This space (____________) intentionally left blank. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Doors do not rebound or bounce back. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. Patent pending. For external use only. Avoid extreme temperatures. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a magnetic source. Smoking could be hazardous to your health. Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, induce vomiting. Ribbed for her pleasure. Offer valid only at participating locations. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. You may distribute this article freely, but may not make a profit from it. Actual cash value of this website is 1/1000th of a cent. Listen to your mom. Eat your veggies. Wear your seatbelt. Don't take candy from strangers... or strange people... or anyone really. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. If something offends you, lighten up, get a life and move on. This list was current at the time of printing. Terms are subject to change without notice. All decisions are final! This supersedes all previous notices.

Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes, or other acts of God, neglect, damage from improper use, incorrect line voltage, unauthorized use, unauthorized repair, improper installation, typos, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, disk failure, accidental file deletions, mud slides, forest fire, hitting of a deer, milk coming out of your nose due to laughing while drinking, or projectiles, which can include, but are not limited to, arrows, bullet shots, BBs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.

:emot-roflolmao:

John

Randall Flagg
01-09-2014, 07:15 AM

That was hilarious. Rep points headed your way.

George at C-Springs
01-09-2014, 07:34 AM
I like the random DT references thrown in there, very nice ... that and the gamma rays coming out of my nose.

Ben Eads
01-09-2014, 01:04 PM

ROFLMAO! Rep points, indeed.

Dan
01-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Finally got Turn Down the Lights today. I ordered from Amazon simply because I had a 30% off coupon with free shipping on top of the discounted price. I will order straight from CD in future. It would have been same price with the 50% off they had running in December, but packaged better.

stroppygoblin
01-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I like the random DT references thrown in there, very nice ... that and the gamma rays coming out of my nose.

I wasn't sure if anyone would be bothered enough to read through it all - glad to see the joke wasn't missed :)

Thanks for all the rep points everyone!

Merlin1958
01-09-2014, 04:50 PM
My personal favorite...."Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. For indoor or outdoor use only. Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

LOL LOL

tippy4
01-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Cemetery Dance has found a few extra gift copies of Doctor Sleep. Issue price. Better hurry.
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king07

Sold out again.

Dan
01-22-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm reading Turnaround by Craig Spector. Did anyone notice
pages 64 to 65, Ralph seems to change to Frank? Or am I missing something?

Ben Staad
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Why do they have a teaser going on? I do not need this...

Brian James Freeman
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Why do they have a teaser going on? I do not need this...

Just killing time until we make a couple of big announcements. ;) Some folks will love these books, others won't really care, but we're really pleased about them.

Brian

Roseannebarr
01-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Wii people on this sk site be excited about the news? The 25 years of writing makes me think its not sk. Feel free to pm me with the news Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
01-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Wii people on this sk site be excited about the news?

I guess it depends on if they read anyone other than SK. :) SK loves several these books that we're going to announce, I know that much.

Brian

cit74
01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
No hints?

Brian James Freeman
01-22-2014, 11:26 PM
No hints?

One of the books has been a huge bestseller in the last few years, but not by an author we've ever published before. Another announcement will be a 10+ book deal with a single author, our first ever of that size.

Brian

Roseannebarr
01-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Fifty shades of grey?

Michael Connelly?

I give up.

George at C-Springs
01-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Another announcement will be a 10+ book deal with a single author, our first ever of that size.

Knowing Ari's luck it's probably him!

Dan
01-23-2014, 10:27 AM
According to Richard Chizmar on Facebook, first announcement is Monday.

frik
01-25-2014, 11:33 PM
No hints?

One of the books has been a huge bestseller in the last few years, but not by an author we've ever published before. Another announcement will be a 10+ book deal with a single author, our first ever of that size.

Brian

Stephen Donaldson!
His Thomas Covenant series adds up to 10 books - plus his Gap series and a few others.......

Please make it so....

sk

shaq
01-26-2014, 02:50 AM
No hints?

Brian

Stephen Donaldson!
His Thomas Covenant series adds up to 10 books - plus his Gap series and a few others.......

Please make it so....

sk

Yes please CD! I recently received autographs from him on postcards. To place in my books.

stroppygoblin
01-26-2014, 03:20 AM
LOVE Thomas Covenant!!

frik
01-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Over at the CD forum (do check this out, guys!) we've mentioned the Thomas Covenant Chronicles many a time. Maybe those in charge listened and have set things in motion? I can just imagine: a complete set of numbered and lettered Donaldson books - awesome!

sk

mikejess
01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
My guess for the announcement tomorrow (1/27, which is my birthday!) is Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. At least that is what I would like to see. It would make a good birthday present for me!

Roseannebarr
01-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have information on how many illustrations and the page numbers for Doctor Sleep Gift Edition. it appears my gift edition has white placecards but no illustrations tipped in. Was the artwork tipped in? Why would there be white place cards with no illustrations?

odd. Thanks for the help/info.

RC65
01-26-2014, 01:24 PM
The 10+ book deal is not with Stephen Donaldson. The identity of the author was pretty easy to figure out if one gets all of CD's emails. I'm pretty excited about it, but I don't know what kind of following the author has among the general populace here.

Dan
01-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have information on how many illustrations and the page numbers for Doctor Sleep Gift Edition. it appears my gift edition has white placecards but no illustrations tipped in. Was the artwork tipped in? Why would there be white place cards with no illustrations?

Someone mentioned a similar issue a while back. Turns out they were the fold out illustrations.

Dan
01-26-2014, 01:57 PM
The 10+ book deal is not with Stephen Donaldson. The identity of the author was pretty easy to figure out if one gets all of CD's emails. I'm pretty excited about it, but I don't know what kind of following the author has among the general populace here.

Care to share your guess?

mikejess
01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Maybe the 10 book deal is with Michael Koryta. He has written 9 books so far.

Roseannebarr
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Someone mentioned a similar issue a while back. Turns out they were the fold out illustrations.

You are right! Thanks!

Roseannebarr
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

My guess is Anne Rice.

Roseannebarr
01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Neil Gaiman

cit74
01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Neil Gaiman

Maybe it's all his kids books - since everything else has been signed and limited to death

Scoogs
01-26-2014, 05:35 PM

Good to know I wasn't imagining that particular newsletter.
I kept thinking that I had read something in an email from CD that basically gave it away, but must have already deleted it.

Highbury
01-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Think a little more towards the horror genre. It should be interesting, gotta love announcements.

dnemec
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM

You are right! Thanks!

I did the same thing. I was so relieved my book was okay!

RC65
01-26-2014, 07:29 PM
It's not any of the guesses made thus far.

Good to know I wasn't imagining that particular newsletter.
I kept thinking that I had read something in an email from CD that basically gave it away, but must have already deleted it.

Yes, I'm surprised it's such a mystery among some, given the emails sent by CD. Perhaps there are certain emails sent based on one's purchase history (of which mine included a book from this author).

I don't think it would be appropriate since CD apparently wants this to be a surprise. I will say that the person who suggested thinking more along the horror line was spot on.

mikejess
01-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Think a little more towards the horror genre. It should be interesting, gotta love announcements.

Hmm... Maybe Bentley Little, or Craig Spector?

cit74
01-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Well they only said the mailman would go pretty quickly once an announcement was made in the coming weeks - but that was said point blank in one or two dozen messages that I received ;) but I think I kinda forgot that one as well

billstand
01-27-2014, 07:56 AM
any word on today's announcement?

Well they only said the mailman would go pretty quickly once an announcement was made in the coming weeks - but that was said point blank in one or two dozen messages that I received ;) but I think I kinda forgot that one as well

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 08:08 AM

We'll be sending the newsletter in about 90 minutes!

I think there are definitely readers on here who will like this announcement. Some won't care. (Steve was thrilled about the news and gave us a super blurb out of the blue, totally unsolicited.) Today's announcement is another push deeper into the world of trade publishing, which those of you who enjoy discussing the ins and outs of publishing might find interesting.

Next week's announcement will be fun to watch in terms of collector reaction: a "newer" author we've never worked with before whose books have been huge hits and very popular. We're big fans and thrilled to be adding this author to our list.

Brian

billstand
01-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Great, thanks Brian. Always good to try new things!

We'll be sending the newsletter in about 90 minutes!

I think there are definitely readers on here who will like this announcement. Some won't care. (Steve was thrilled about the news and gave us a super blurb out of the blue, totally unsolicited.) Today's announcement is another push deeper into the world of trade publishing, which those of you who enjoy discussing the ins and outs of publishing might find interesting.

Next week's announcement will be fun to watch in terms of collector reaction: a "newer" author we've never worked with before whose books have been huge hits and very popular. We're big fans and thrilled to be adding this author to our list.

Brian

Roseannebarr
01-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Joe hill?

Roseannebarr
01-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Bentley Little. did anyone read any of his stuff? Thanks! Announcement is on their site.

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Cemetery Dance Publications To Publish 12 Bentley Little Books!

Cemetery Dance Publications is proud to announce we’ve signed a twelve book deal with horror legend Bentley Little to make many of his most popular classics available again for readers as collectible signed Limited Edition hardcovers, affordable trade paperbacks, and eBooks.

Read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/12-bentley-little-books/

The hardcovers will have exclusive covers that we're not ready to reveal yet, but here are the covers for the paperback editions:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/BentleyLittle12Books.jpg

Brian

George at C-Springs
01-27-2014, 09:34 AM
I've never read anything of his ... might have to give one a shot. Congrats on the author acquisition Brian!

Pasiuk57
01-27-2014, 10:13 AM
He is a good writer-I like his stuff! Real page turners...

Dan
01-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I just read The Revelation and liked it. Seems like a pretty good deal for a complete matching set of books. What will the limitation be? Slipcases or no? Should we expect them to be same dimensions as The Mailman? Can I get the numbers to match my copy of The Mailman for all editions?

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I just read The Revelation and liked it. Seems like a pretty good deal for a complete matching set of books. What will the limitation be? Slipcases or no? Should we expect them to be same dimensions as The Mailman? Can I get the numbers to match my copy of The Mailman for all editions?

These will be 6 X 9 to match the Limited Edition of The Influence. 750 copy print runs with no slipcases and no individual numbers. The Circle and The Mailman were published before there were any discussions about the backlist, otherwise we might have done The Mailman at the more standard size!

Brian

Dan
01-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity, is it cheaper/easier to not number an S/L? I'm just wondering how the decision is made to number some and not others.

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity, is it cheaper/easier to not number an S/L? I'm just wondering how the decision is made to number some and not others.

Good question! The logistics are more complicated to hand-number the books, so it takes more manpower and time in the warehouse to handle each book, but in this case, it was simply a request by the author.

Brian

Dan
01-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Oh, thanks! I didn't think about shipping. That would be a significant amount of additional work.

CyberGhostface
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Bentley Little. did anyone read any of his stuff? Thanks! Announcement is on their site.

He can be pretty good although his stuff is a lot more fucked up and extreme than King in terms of gore and sex. Very over the top at times.

Ben Staad
01-27-2014, 12:45 PM
I agree with this. There is one short story of his that I read a few years ago (from I think collections) that is very messed up and stuck with me to this day.

He can be pretty good although his stuff is a lot more fucked up and extreme than King in terms of gore and sex. Very over the top at times.

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 02:13 PM
While I was putting together the Screamplays files for the printer, I thought everyone might like to see Glenn Chadbourne's frontis for the Lettered Edition since you can probably guess which script inspired it:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ScreamplaysFrontis.jpg

This one will be headed to the printer in the next few weeks.

Brian

CyberGhostface
01-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Any chance for unsigned mass market hardcovers for the Little stuff?

Brian James Freeman
01-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Any chance for unsigned mass market hardcovers for the Little stuff?

Not for these, unfortunately. There's not enough market for a trade paperback and a trade hardcover since they were already out as mass market paperbacks for years.

Brian

Ben Eads
01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
I need to read some of his novels. I've read his short work and enjoyed it. It's just that my "to-read" list keeps getting higher!

CyberGhostface
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Have any of you put Brodart covers on your CD books? How does it fit with the slipcase?

tippy4
01-30-2014, 08:22 PM
They fit fine.

frik
01-31-2014, 08:40 AM
I just wish CD -or any other publisher for that matter- would tackle the Donaldson Thomas Covenant Chronicles. It's a hugely popular series with a built-in readership.
It's beyond me why there's no limited series yet.

sk

Dan
01-31-2014, 08:55 AM
I've never read any of that series, but looking at the Wikipedia page it seems that it is a fantasy series. I always thought CD was a horror/thriller/dark fantasy publisher.

bdwyer19
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
I've never read any of that series, but looking at the Wikipedia page it seems that it is a fantasy series. I always thought CD was a horror/thriller/dark fantasy publisher.

That's what I was thinking as well. Donaldson wouldn't fit with CDs other authors.

DanHocker
01-31-2014, 09:04 AM

We've been branching out a bit more lately. That is one series I would also love to do. Who know maybe one day.

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Not in reference to anything in particular, but sometimes there isn't a Limited Edition because the author doesn't want there to be one.

Brian

Bev Vincent
01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Grant has done at least one Donaldson book as a limited -- Daughter of Regals. I think there are UK limiteds of some of the Covenant books.

Br!an
01-31-2014, 09:30 AM

It's definitely fantasy.

Dan
01-31-2014, 09:33 AM

We've been branching out a bit more lately. That is one series I would also love to do. Who know maybe one day.

Branching out! You mean there are other genres?

Ben Staad
01-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Kind of a random thought...There already may be one but I've always thought that Tad Williams Otherland series deserves the signed limited treatment.

ICry4Oy
01-31-2014, 10:09 AM
Revival presale is up!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/revival-a-new-novel-by-stephen-king/

Patrick
01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
Received my S/L of WEAK AND WOUNDED. Looks good and the price was right. Looking forward to the stories therein.

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Received my S/L of WEAK AND WOUNDED. Looks good and the price was right. Looking forward to the stories therein.

Cool, hope you dig the stories!

Patrick
01-31-2014, 01:34 PM

Cool, hope you dig the stories!
Oh, I'm sure I will.

By the way, I really dug your contribution to TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS, Brian.

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
By the way, I really dug your contribution to TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS, Brian.

Thank you! Very much appreciated.

Brian

LostAlivE
01-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Brian do you know when CD will be mailing out Doctor Sleep Slipcases both US and UK? For some reason I thought CD had started sending them out. Thanks Brian.

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Brian do you know when CD will be mailing out Doctor Sleep Slipcases both US and UK? For some reason I thought CD had started sending them out. Thanks Brian.

I think they're on the list for next week!

Brian

Cook
02-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Update request...
Just curious to know if Justin Cronin's S/L'd "The Twelve" has made any progress?
Last I heard (approx 3 months ago) it was still in proof-reading.
My apologies if I missed a previous post.
Thanks

Br!an
02-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Update request...
Just curious to know if Justin Cronin's S/L'd "The Twelve" has made any progress?
Thanks

From the CD site:
"The Twelve (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/cronin02) by Justin Cronin:
All of the interior illustrations have now been turned in and Justin has returned the signature sheets, so all of that production work is done. The book is undergoing one last round of proofreading since our edition was designed from scratch, but we'll be able to get this title into the queue for the printer soon and the book will be published in 2014."

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Update request...
Thanks

From the CD site:
"The Twelve (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/cronin02) by Justin Cronin:
All of the interior illustrations have now been turned in and Justin has returned the signature sheets, so all of that production work is done. The book is undergoing one last round of proofreading since our edition was designed from scratch, but we'll be able to get this title into the queue for the printer soon and the book will be published in 2014."

That round of proofreading is almost done. The last proofreader has been cross checking with the trade edition for any oddities he comes across. The files we received from the trade publisher were a mess because they use some new file format.

Brian

ICry4Oy
02-01-2014, 09:07 AM
From the CD site:
... the book will be published in 2014."

That narrows it down.:fairy:

tippy4
02-01-2014, 09:56 AM
First photos of the custom slipcases for Doctor Sleep by Stephen King:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/doctorsleepUSUKslipcases01.jpg

See more here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/12/19/slipcases-doctor-sleep/

Also, our box maker closed for the holidays today before they could pack the cases for shipment, so they won't be shipped to us until the new year, unfortunately.

Brian

Any update?

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Any update?

Shipping next week!

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
You mean I'll be getting yet another package from CD? This has to stop! (for those totally lacking a sense of humor, I'm JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Br!an
02-01-2014, 11:43 AM
From the CD site:

LOL I was trying to be helpful!

Brian's update didn't really narrow it down anymore.

Summer seems to be the earliest possibility.

CyberGhostface
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Any hints for the Monday announcement?

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 02:53 PM

Sure. Stephen King likes this author.

:)

Brian

ICry4Oy
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
From the CD site:

LOL I was trying to be helpful!

Brian's update didn't really narrow it down anymore.

Summer seems to be the earliest possibility.

You're probably right - I hope. Just went thru saved CD emails and got a laugh:

From October 2012:

You're receiving this email because you preordered our Deluxe You're receiving this email because you preordered our Deluxe Signed Limited Edition of The Twelve by Justin Cronin.

You were one of the lucky collectors who snagged a copy before
our edition SOLD OUT pre-publication. We're happy to report we finally
received the text files from the New York publisher earlier this month, and
our designer is hard at work on the design. We are on track for a spring
2013 publication date as previously announced.

From May 2013:

You're receiving this email because you purchased THE TWELVE by
Justin Cronin and we have an update for you.

More than half of the interior illustrations have been turned in
and Justin will be able to sign the signature sheets in June, so this book is on
track to be published later this year.

And don't even get me started on "Pure".:pullhair:

Dan
02-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Brian

Joe Hill?

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Yep, sometimes books take longer to publish than we would hope. This is probably not breaking news to anyone who has read this thread before. ;) Our apologies for the delay and all of the hair pulling on your part while you wait.

Of course, you could include the other more recent updates where we continued to keep our collectors in the loop if you'd like. For example, in August:

"All of the interior illustrations have been turned in and we've been told Justin is hard at work on the signature sheets."

Or this one from November:

"Justin has returned the signature sheets and we've had the interior illustrations since summer, so all of that production work is done. The book is undergoing one last round of proofreading since our edition was designed from scratch, but we'll be able to get this title into the queue for the printer soon."

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Brian

Joe Hill?

Probably not as much as Joe, but that's just a guess. ;)

Another hint: we've never published this author before in any form.

Brian

Dan
02-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Very cool, can't wait to hear who it is.

ICry4Oy
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM

Yep, sometimes books take longer to publish than we would hope. This is probably not breaking news to anyone who has read this thread before. ;) Our apologies for the delay and all of the hair pulling on your part while you wait.

Of course, you could include the other more recent updates where we continued to keep our collectors in the loop if you'd like. For example, in August:

"All of the interior illustrations have been turned in and we've been told Justin is hard at work on the signature sheets."

Or this one from November:

"Justin has returned the signature sheets and we've had the interior illustrations since summer, so all of that production work is done. The book is undergoing one last round of proofreading since our edition was designed from scratch, but we'll be able to get this title into the queue for the printer soon."

Brian

I was just yankin' yer chain. I got nothing but love for Cemetery Dance!.....and especially Mindy...

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
I was just yankin' yer chain. I got nothing but love for Cemetery Dance!.....and especially Mindy...

Ha, I know. The updates would be even better if they went something like, "Hey, everything's done and at the printer!" That'll be the next one. ;)

Brian

P.S. I was sincere about the hair pulling. I hope your hair is okay!

ICry4Oy
02-01-2014, 05:43 PM
At my age actual "hair pulling" is, I am afraid, out of the question :( .....Rogaine however.....

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-02-2014, 09:50 AM
I've got quite a few books back ordered from CD, but I enjoy the wait. It's not the destination, it's the journey that means everything. (I have no idea what that means)

Dan
02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I've got quite a few books back ordered from CD, but I enjoy the wait. It's not the destination, it's the journey that means everything. (I have no idea what that means)

I know what you mean. I order something and can't wait for it to get here, then it's here and I'm not as excited anymore.

Dan
02-03-2014, 06:22 AM
When is the announcement so I can be near my computer?

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2014, 06:48 AM

CDCC will be emailed in the next 60 minutes or so. The general public will be emailed this afternoon.

Brian

Dan
02-03-2014, 07:29 AM

CDCC will be emailed in the next 60 minutes or so. The general public will be emailed this afternoon.

Brian

Anxiously waiting!!

RC65
02-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Just won one of these on eBay to celebrate my 25 years of supporting Cemetery Dance.

Since CD's not going to give me an anniversary present :cry: I figured I'd buy one for myself :smile: Seems especially appropriate since silver is for 25th Anniversaries.

http://www.horrordrive-in.com/serendipity/uploads/CDCC04keychainLARGE.jpg

thegunslinger41
02-03-2014, 08:51 AM
What's the news!!!!!

herbertwest
02-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Gillian Flynn's GONE GIRL :)
Good idea, especially since it will gain a lot of visibility with the upcoming David Fincher's movie, whose music will be done by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross !

sharki69
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Gillian Flynn's GONE GIRL :)
Good idea, especially since it will gain a lot of visibility with the upcoming David Fincher's movie, whose music will be done by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross !

Thanks for posting. Ordered one !

CyberGhostface
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Heh, I just finished Gone Girl yesterday. :)

RC65
02-03-2014, 01:41 PM
It's a very modern tale...so not sure why it is a "deluxe oversized design with a fine binding designed to look like an old world volume". But, regardless, am looking forward to this one. My reading taste rarely matches up with popular mass-market taste...in this case it sure did.

CyberGhostface
02-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I think I remember Brian saying earlier that the publisher didn't want them to use illustrations on one book so they decided to max everything else out and make it look like that. Guessing it's this one.

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
It's a very modern tale...so not sure why it is a "deluxe oversized design with a fine binding designed to look like an old world volume". But, regardless, am looking forward to this one. My reading taste rarely matches up with popular mass-market taste...in this case it sure did.

Yep, those were part of the terms from the author and her agent to get the deal done. I think it'll look great!

Brian

Ben Staad
02-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Aargh. The cost of these books have officially surpassed my fancy book budget. I'm sure it will be an awesome edition and will sell out quickly but sadly it's looking like I'm priced out of this market.

Kingfan24
02-03-2014, 02:13 PM
While I love all special publications, I can't help but feel almost everything these is getting the "signed/limited" or limited in general treatment. Don't get me wrong, the top notch quality is definitely well worth it, but I feel publishers in general need to become more selective, especially with more modern titles.

ICry4Oy
02-03-2014, 02:16 PM
CD always does such a great job of it though. I love it buy my pocketbook, not so much :(

mistercrowley
02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Selecting a novel like Gone Girl for S/L treatment seems like a pretty solid business decision on CD's part when you consider it was a big time seller and received a lot acclaim kingfan

Kingfan24
02-03-2014, 02:45 PM
It was just a general statement - I haven't read fine girl as of yet so I can't comment on that.

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2014, 03:18 PM
The Lettered Edition of GONE GIRL has sold out and the Limited Edition is more than 50% gone:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/flynn01

Brian

sharki69
02-03-2014, 03:20 PM
The Lettered Edition of GONE GIRL has sold out and the Limited Edition is more than 50% gone:

Brian

Fastest "non King" sold out lettered book ?

Brian James Freeman
02-03-2014, 03:25 PM

Brian

Fastest "non King" sold out lettered book ?

I'd have to go back through the newsletters to find out for sure, but it definitely was fast!

Brian