PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

bdwyer19
10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Brian - Just read the email on the Doctor Sleep update. Once they come back from the printer, are they going to Erin Wells to be remarqued? If so, when do you think they'll be mailed to those who ordered the remarques?

Brian James Freeman
10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Brian - Just read the email on the Doctor Sleep update. Once they come back from the printer, are they going to Erin Wells to be remarqued? If so, when do you think they'll be mailed to those who ordered the remarques?

Yep and she'll be working on them in batches. We can't fill her entire studio with books (it would probably make it hard for her to work!), so we'll send her a few boxes and then she'll send them back. We'll fill those orders as copies arrive back.

Brian

TCCBodhi
10-24-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm sure you ALL know this, but I haven't been able to keep up with the forums like I'd like to: The S/L that was roughly $425ish is a bit delayed at the printer, correct? I ordered mine from Miskatonic since I missed the original announcement. I'm pretty sure I'm reading correctly, but with so many different editions, I'm a little unclear on which is which and whether I should still be waiting at this point. Sorry for asking something that is probably perfectly clear on some posting that I can't find.

Brian James Freeman
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm sure you ALL know this, but I haven't been able to keep up with the forums like I'd like to: The S/L that was roughly $425ish is a bit delayed at the printer, correct? I ordered mine from Miskatonic since I missed the original announcement. I'm pretty sure I'm reading correctly, but with so many different editions, I'm a little unclear on which is which and whether I should still be waiting at this point. Sorry for asking something that is probably perfectly clear on some posting that I can't find.

No worries! There was a problem at the printer, here is that update from last month:

We had been on track for the books to be in our warehouse this week, but then the printer produced the two pieces of color "fold out” artwork at the wrong size -- smaller than planned.

They asked if they could just tip the art into the books anyway since most people wouldn’t realize it was a mistake, but we told them that wasn’t acceptable, so now they’re reprinting the fold outs at the proper size.

This issue did not affect the actual production quality of the books, it just delayed the final assembly and binding of them. We felt it was more important for the books to be exactly the way we designed them, even if it meant waiting a few more weeks for them to ship. We hope you understand

And here are today's updates!

Update #1:

The Gift Edition and Limited Edition of Doctor Sleep by Stephen King have been completed at the printer and will arrive in our warehouse next week. Shipping the orders will take approximately two weeks.

Update #2, which will be going out as soon as the Internet starts working here at the office again!

A quick follow-up for those of you who ordered artwork remarques for Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.

The actual books will be shipped to the artists for them to create their artwork in and they will return the books to us as quickly as they can. These remarques will take the artists some time, but we think they’re worth the wait!

If you ordered a Vincent Chong remarque, those special art sheets are already tipped into the book by hand at the printer. If your book is only remarqued by Vincent Chong, it will be shipped with the regular orders. If your book is also being remarqued by the other artists, please see the note above.

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Thanks for your patience while our printer sorted things out!

Brian

TCCBodhi
10-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you Brian. I appreciate the highlighting of the info, and you can take as long as it takes to get it right. I'm looking forward to getting my first CD edition and know that it will be great. It's been great to see all the excitement about the Blatty and other CD editions.

Merlin1958
10-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Wicked, I love it.

"Wicked"??? "Wicked"???? That's a "Those that shall remain nameless word. You're on thin ice, my friend!! LOL LOL

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2013, 06:38 AM
We're insanely busy this month, but Mindy took some quick shots of the Limited Edition of DOCTOR SLEEP for me to post:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoctorSleepLimitedEdition07-small.jpg (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/10/25/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-signed-limited-edition-first-look/)

See more here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/10/25/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-signed-limited-edition-first-look/

Brian

Dan
10-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Fantastic! I can't wait!

herbertwest
10-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Btw, months ago, i was told by PS Publishing that they would put a copy on side for me. I never heard anything about it since.
Did anybody order from them and had some feedback about it?

I may just contact them

Jimimck
10-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Looks awesome Brian. Love the white. Looking forward to this one for sure.

Randall Flagg
10-25-2013, 11:59 AM
We're insanely busy this month, but Mindy took some quick shots of the Limited Edition of DOCTOR SLEEP for me to post:

See more here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/10/25/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-signed-limited-edition-first-look/

Brian
Great looking. What color ink are you going to number them in? It looks like the number will go in "the steam".
http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoctorSleepLimitedEdition09-small.jpg

The Library Policeman
10-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Beautiful book! Really looking forward to this one.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-25-2013, 12:40 PM

See more here:

Brian
Great looking. What color ink are you going to number them in? It looks like the number will go in "the steam".
http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoctorSleepLimitedEdition09-small.jpg

Red Number would work well.

Mulleins

DanHocker
10-25-2013, 12:49 PM

See more here:

Brian

I don't think we've decided yet. I think we're leaning towards red, but silver has been mentioned as well. I think it will mostly depend on what color we can find good pens we like in that will show up well on the page.

Randall Flagg
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I think a "red" medium felt pen that is the same color as the 'Doctor Sleep" on that page would work, as long as it doesn't streak or transfer.

LostAlivE
10-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I think a "red" medium felt pen that is the same color as the 'Doctor Sleep" on that page would work, as long as it doesn't streak or transfer.

I am with you on that. Red of the same color as Doctor Sleep would look great.
Brian as always your team has done an outstanding job on these books and cases. I can hardly wait.

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Brian as always your team has done an outstanding job on these books and cases. I can hardly wait.

Thanks! I'm really thrilled with how this one turned out.

Brian

killbourne
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM

Thanks! I'm really thrilled with how this one turned out.

Brian

Moving to a new place starting Nov 25th. Do I need to get contact with anyone?

DoctorZaius
10-28-2013, 04:25 PM

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoctorSleepLimitedEdition07-small.jpg (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/10/25/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-signed-limited-edition-first-look/)

See more here:

Brian

The white case is really sweet - can't wait to get my hands on this baby! Great job Brian!

Kingfan24
10-29-2013, 10:41 AM
How we looking on shipment date?

DanHocker
10-29-2013, 11:20 AM

They should still start shipping this week, though later than we had originally hoped.

Jimimck
10-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Remember my offer to fly me in to help with packaging still stands. I only fly first class though.

Merlin1958
10-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Remember my offer to fly me in to help with packaging still stands. I only fly first class though.

Considering your avatar, I think the best you can hope for is a locked crate in cargo!!! LOL LOL

killbourne
10-29-2013, 11:25 PM

They should still start shipping this week, though later than we had originally hoped.

well, im moving out of my old place by nov 25...do I need to contact someone?

Brian James Freeman
10-30-2013, 05:31 AM

well, im moving out of my old place by nov 25...do I need to contact someone?

I think my reply the other day never went through!

Where do you live and what shipping method did you pick? UPS will be there within 1 to 7 days of shipping, max. Media Mail will be anywhere from 1 to 28 days, depending on your location and the whims of the Post Office.

Brian

CRinVA
10-31-2013, 05:47 AM
Brian,

I am a Lifetime subscriber to your Magazine (starting with Issue #10) and an often purchaser of many of the S/L and other books that you produce or resell. I will say that all items produced by CD are superior in quality.

So my question is this - Why is it that CD can get slip covers and tray cases made and delivered on the many items they produce and even for other books in a reasonable time, but cannot seem to produce the magazine cases that I ordered three years ago! I am guessing it's a priority thing? I have five cases already from a purchase long long ago - they are not high quality - and I have two on order and paid for right now. Just curious!

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 06:51 AM
I am guessing it's a priority thing?

Yep, basically. It's on the list, but there's a limited amount of time and money each month for projects. We should be to it soon, but you can always cancel your order if you're tired of waiting.

Brian

WeDealInLead
10-31-2013, 08:54 AM
I have no insider knowledge as to the workings of a publishing house, but shouldn't the priority be fulfilling outstanding orders before new projects? If he really did order something three years ago, his order should take precedence over a Doctor Sleep or Joyland slipcase.

I don't mean to offend but I'll understand if you take it that way. This sort of thing (backlogs) was what got CD in "trouble" before. Just saying "cancel your order if you're tired of waiting" is weak. Sort of rubs me the wrong way. I have a few outstanding orders from a couple years back (nothing as bad as some people on here) and I keep seeing all the new projects/surprise limiteds/surprise-limiteds-already-in stock/slipcases announced and I'm wondering when I will finally see my books.

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
I have no insider knowledge as to the workings of a publishing house, but shouldn't the priority be fulfilling outstanding orders before new projects? If he really did order something three years ago, his order should take precedence over a Doctor Sleep or Joyland slipcase.

I don't mean to offend but I'll understand if you take it that way. This sort of thing (backlogs) was what got CD in "trouble" before. Just saying "cancel your order if you're tired of waiting" is weak. Sort of rubs me the wrong way. I have a few outstanding orders from a couple years back (nothing as bad as some people on here) and I keep seeing all the new projects/surprise limiteds/surprise-limiteds-already-in stock/slipcases announced and I'm wondering when I will finally see my books.

It's always a balancing act of contractual obligations, the cost of doing business, and meeting expectations. My apologies if you were offended, but there is nothing I can do complete the magazine slipcase project faster. If someone is tired of waiting on something, we're not holding their money hostage -- they can cancel at any time, which is why I point that out.

Which books are you waiting on? I'm happy to answer questions about them.

Brian

WeDealInLead
10-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh no, there's no offense on my part at all.

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Oh no, there's no offense on my part at all.

Drop me a line about your preorders if you want, I'd be happy to let you know what the hold-up is if I know!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 10:52 AM
This sort of thing (backlogs) was what got CD in "trouble" before.

We're also making some changes to streamline things in 2014 and beyond. Some books that still haven't been written are being cancelled. Others are being replaced in the line-up by finished books by the same author. We're reducing the number of titles with slipcases and traycases since we only have one reliable vendor and one not so reliable vendor for those. The unreliable one does the smaller projects like the magazine slipcases. The reliable one doesn't handle those small jobs. So we're working on finishing the jobs that have to go to the unreliable vendor and we're passing on ideas/projects that won't meet the threshold for the larger, more reliable vendor.

Brian

P.S. We'll be making our final decisions on what to cancel by the end of the year, so make sure your email address on your orders is up-to-date by emailing Mindy if your address has changed. We'll send an email as we make each decision.

Jimimck
10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi Brian,
Just a quick question on art prints shipping: do you ship in a tube? And if so, could you fit more than one without the cost of shipping needing to change too much?

The reason I ask is on the website, it says $18 for one art print (talking international here) and this increase to $31 when a second print is added. Can you confirm if this is correct? I was hoping the second print wouldn't cost too much extra if included in the same tube.

Thank you

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Brian,
Just a quick question on art prints shipping: do you ship in a tube? And if so, could you fit more than one without the cost of shipping needing to change too much?

The reason I ask is on the website, it says $18 for one art print (talking international here) and this increase to $31 when a second print is added. Can you confirm if this is correct? I was hoping the second print wouldn't cost too much extra if included in the same tube.

Thank you

That is very far from being correct if they're both in-stock because they do go in a tube and the weight shouldn't change. :)

If they're both preorders right now or one is in-stock and the other is a preorder, it should be allotting them to separate shipments and the system should have doubled the cost since the postage is charged separately by the Post Office -- which it also didn't do, which is strange.

Which ones are you ordering? If your order is for the in-stock art print of The Shining and the forthcoming print for 'Salem's Lot, 'Salem's Lot will be here soon enough that we can just hold a copy of The Shining for you to save you on postage! Or if it's some other combination like that, just let me know and we'll figure something out!

Brian

Ari_Racing
10-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Random thought:

Even when this has been a really busy year when it comes to Stephen King limited editions, don't you people feel that it's been a long time since a S/L was announced? :)

Jimimck
10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you

That is very far from being correct if they're both in-stock because they do go in a tube and the weight shouldn't change. :)

If they're both preorders right now or one is in-stock and the other is a preorder, it should be allotting them to separate shipments and the system should have doubled the cost since the postage is charged separately by the Post Office -- which it also didn't do, which is strange.

Which ones are you ordering? If your order is for the in-stock art print of The Shining and the forthcoming print for 'Salem's Lot, 'Salem's Lot will be here soon enough that we can just hold a copy of The Shining for you to save you on postage! Or if it's some other combination like that, just let me know and we'll figure something out!

Brian

Ah, good point Brian. I hadn't picked up Salem's Lot wasn't in stock yet. (Yes, I was looking at both those prints).

I was hoping to order them with your Halloween special, and have them shipped together. What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks again

Randall Flagg
10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Brian,

I am a Lifetime subscriber to your Magazine (starting with Issue #10) and an often purchaser of many of the S/L and other books that you produce or resell. I will say that all items produced by CD are superior in quality.

So my question is this - Why is it that CD can get slip covers and tray cases made and delivered on the many items they produce and even for other books in a reasonable time, but cannot seem to produce the magazine cases that I ordered three years ago! I am guessing it's a priority thing? I have five cases already from a purchase long long ago - they are not high quality - and I have two on order and paid for right now. Just curious!
Just me, but putting the question in bold wasn't "shouting", but certainly a bit strident.
Also, was this answered in an email inquiry?

I am guessing it's a priority thing?

Yep, basically. It's on the list, but there's a limited amount of time and money each month for projects. We should be to it soon, but you can always cancel your order if you're tired of waiting.

Brian
I think that is fair.

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you

Brian

Ah, good point Brian. I hadn't picked up Salem's Lot wasn't in stock yet. (Yes, I was looking at both those prints).

I was hoping to order them with your Halloween special, and have them shipped together. What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks again

Drop me an email and I'll make sure you get the discount on your order and also get it set for them to ship together! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

I'm looking at the shipping setting right now since they were a little off anyway.

Brian

Randall Flagg
10-31-2013, 12:40 PM

I don't have insider knowledge, but like many business's CD can not always follow the FIFO (first in first out) concept. If they did, everything-Including King projects would come to a screeching halt. Literally nothing contemporaneous would be publshed while working on a slipcase for magazines.

Brian James Freeman
10-31-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't have insider knowledge, but like many business's CD can not always follow the FIFO (first in first out) concept. If they did, everything-Including King projects would come to a screeching halt. Literally nothing contemporaneous would be publshed while working on a slipcase for magazines.

The good thing is, my goal is to get to the point where everything has a fairly firm ship date and nothing EVER takes as long as some items have. That said, there were a lot of projects announced and/or in the works when I started taking over more and more of the production work, so we had/have to catch those up while pushing other things forward at the same time.

It's a juggling act, but we're knocking more "old orders" off the list each year and they'll be done in one way or another by the end of 2014 if all goes well.

Of course, at the end of the day, it's not my company, so I'll be announcing and working on the projects the owner wants announced and worked on! But my long term goal for the company is to have a shorter pre-order window before publication for most titles with the exception of trade editions and some other contractually obligated situations where there has to be 9 to 12 months of lead time.

We've also, in the last few years, had a lot of "surprise in-stock" titles and books where the preorder window was just a few months, but I think those tend to get overlooked because they come and go so quickly.

Brian

P.S. Remember all of the talk about how we'd never finish LEGACIES? Well, I got that one done, so I'd better be able to see these magazine slipcases through to the end! ;)

Randall Flagg
10-31-2013, 12:53 PM
P.S. Remember all of the talk about how we'd never finish LEGACIES? Well, I got that one done, so I'd better be able to see these magazine slipcases through to the end! ;)
Yup. People can and will have frustrations but even if you have to give bad news (rarely), you have been instrumental in turning around many things at CD, and certainly have turned around the opinion of CD here.
Thanks.

jhanic
10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Random thought:

Even when this has been a really busy year when it comes to Stephen King limited editions, don't you people feel that it's been a long time since a S/L was announced? :)

I don't think my wallet can take another King "storm" as we experienced this year. :tongue:

John

Ari_Racing
10-31-2013, 01:01 PM
LOL. True! Or not...our wallets somehow manage to get the stuff. ;)

Brian James Freeman
Yup. People can and will have frustrations but even if you have to give bad news (rarely), you have been instrumental in turning around many things at CD, and certainly have turned around the opinion of CD here.
Thanks.

There were times I thought LEGACIES, THE CENTURY'S BEST HORROR FICTION, and IN LAYMON'S TERMS would kill me as setback after setback was tossed my way. When they didn't kill me, I realized it's actually kind of fun to overcome the obstacles other people have created. ;)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
Random thought:

I don't think my wallet can take another King "storm" as we experienced this year. :tongue:

John

A King Storm… I like that!

Merlin1958
10-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks.

There were times I thought LEGACIES, THE CENTURY'S BEST HORROR FICTION, and IN LAYMON'S TERMS would kill me as setback after setback was tossed my way. When they didn't kill me, I realized it's actually kind of fun to overcome the obstacles other people have created. ;)

Brian

And low and behold I managed to get one!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/328/if7f.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/8660/s22y.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/5826/gnwz.jpg

Though not acquired through conventional means, it is a very fine production and I am very proud to have it in my collection!!!

bdwyer19
11-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Brian - I did not order a slipcase for the trade Doctor Sleep edition when they were being offered. Do you think you'll have plenty of extras when they are shipped to you next month?

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Brian - I did not order a slipcase for the trade Doctor Sleep edition when they were being offered. Do you think you'll have plenty of extras when they are shipped to you next month?

We usually have some extras to cover damage, etc. We just have to see how they look and if there's any problems in transit with the orders, etc. I'll post when we know!

Brian

bdwyer19
11-01-2013, 08:36 AM

We usually have some extras to cover damage, etc. We just have to see how they look and if there's any problems in transit with the orders, etc. I'll post when we know!

Brian

Thanks Brian!

Ben Mears
11-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Has Dr. Sleep gift edition started shipping?

Kingfan24
11-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't think so..

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Yep. UPS orders started out the door today!

Brian

DanHocker
11-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Yep, the first batch of orders just left the building with UPS. The books took a little longer to get here than we hoped, but it ended up giving us enough time to finish shipping Shiver VII.

Ben Mears
11-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Brian

Thanks for the update Brian.

Roseannebarr
11-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Brian

Thanks for the update Brian.

Did you ship mine today? I hope you started with the "R"s. :)

Too excited!!

Cook
11-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Brian,
My apologies if I missed specifics somewhere earlier.
Are the Doctor Sleep S/L's starting to ship today? or are the gift editions shipping today?

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Brian,
Are the Doctor Sleep S/L's starting to ship today? or are the gift editions shipping today?

Dan has the complete plan (because it's his plan!), but I believe he started with the Gift Editions that are going out via UPS today. The Limited Editions start going out next week, I think! He can confirm the next time he sees this thread, though. :)

Anyone who ordered through our store should get a shipping confirmation when their book ships, too.

Brian

Dan
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Hopefully there are a couple extra Shivers VII limited siting around. Mine showed up today, but it was the trade paperback version. An email has been sent already.

George at C-Springs
11-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Brian, would you kniw who eBay user theleakycauldron is?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/theleakycauldron/m.html?item=121206596763&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3879e49b&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Seller has a few very distinctive CD items for sale (printer plates from Kin, Gideon's Sword proof pages, signed "Proof" pages from an unnumbered Riding the Bullet S/L, etc. Some of us are curious as to validity of the RTB "Proofs" ... I personally think this stuff may be printer's waste, but I could be wrong. Just curious!

Joe315
11-01-2013, 05:16 PM
CD did a sale earlier this year I think that included printers plates, proof bindings, etc. could be what this is from.

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
CD did a sale earlier this year I think that included printers plates, proof bindings, etc. could be what this is from.

Yep, I don't know who the seller is, but we've sold off several bundles over the years that have oddities like printer plates, book proofs, artwork proofs, etc.

Brian

George at C-Springs
11-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Ah, the plot thickens. I don't remember a sale that included printer's plates ... could be! Still not buying the RTB 'Proof' pages though, not without some kind of definitive markings or notes or something.

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Ah, the plot thickens. I don't remember a sale that included printer's plates ... could be! Still not buying the RTB 'Proof' pages though, not without some kind of definitive markings or notes or something.

Yeah, we sell bundles of the stamping dies, page proofs, binding/stamping approvals, etc, from time to time. Usually they're only offered to the CDCC since we have so few sets to offer.

The pages from Riding the Bullet are a signature that just happens to also have the signature sheet tipped at the front. (For those who don't know, a signature in printing is a bundle of 8 or 16 pages, sometimes 32 although that's getting big.) I had 5 or 10 signatures leftover from the printer and I tossed them into one of the deals because I didn't have any use for them.

Some collectors really dig these bundles since you get parts of the production process that are unique or rarely seen outside the office. They're certainly not for everyone, though.

Brian

George at C-Springs
11-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Brian, did you mean "The pages from Riding the Bullet are a Proof that just happens to also have the signature sheet tipped at the front." ?

Proof or no proof, what say ye?

Brian James Freeman
11-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Brian, did you mean "The pages from Riding the Bullet are a Proof that just happens to also have the signature sheet tipped at the front." ?

Proof or no proof, what say ye?

Not a proof, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought it was.

It's a signature of either 8 or 16 pages (can't recall which) that would have gone into a finished book but wasn't needed.

It's the signature from the book that includes the signature sheet.

The signatures of 8 or 16 pages each are printed separately and then bundled together to form the book.

In the case of Riding the Bullet, the printer ran out of the hardcover bindings (which are cut to size and stamped with the hot foil stamping before the collected signatures are bound into them) so there were some unbound signatures left over, which they sent me.

I guess I could have had my hand-binder create a super custom edition for my collection with the leftovers, but I didn't. ;)

Brian

George at C-Springs
11-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks Brian! You likely just prevented a couple of gambling bids for the wrong thing!

DanHocker
11-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Brian,

Dan has the complete plan (because it's his plan!), but I believe he started with the Gift Editions that are going out via UPS today. The Limited Editions start going out next week, I think! He can confirm the next time he sees this thread, though. :)

Anyone who ordered through our store should get a shipping confirmation when their book ships, too.

Brian

We'll be shipping gift editions first. The limited edition will ship just as soon as we're done with the gift editions. For US customers gift editions and limited editions will be shipping separately. For international orders, if you ordered both on the same order they will ship together when the limited's ship.

dnemec
11-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Got my gift editions today (Bought one and won one! And I never win anything!) They look fantastic, but I think I might have an issue. Both copies have a couple glossy blank pages, specifically between pages 44-45, 180-181. (I believe that's all, but I'm trying not to open them too wide and mess them up.) Anyone else have this? Brian, was this on purpose or a flub?

DanHocker
11-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Got my gift editions today (Bought one and won one! And I never win anything!) They look fantastic, but I think I might have an issue. Both copies have a couple glossy blank pages, specifically between pages 44-45, 180-181. (I believe that's all, but I'm trying not to open them too wide and mess them up.) Anyone else have this? Brian, was this on purpose or a flub?

That would be the fold out color artwork.

dnemec
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Ah ha! It looked like one page! I'm an idiot.

But thank you!

Dan
11-05-2013, 10:51 AM

But thank you!

If I had to guess, you took one for the team here. I am willing to bet many others have or will make the same mistake, but won't be as shamed as you.

just kidding, no shame. :)

Joe315
11-05-2013, 10:53 AM

But thank you!

If I had to guess, you took one for the team here. I am willing to bet many others have or will make the same mistake, but won't be as shamed as you.

just kidding, no shame. :)

I've done that with a book before. I figured it out eventually. :redface1:

ICry4Oy
11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
When do the USPS Doctor Sleep gift editions ship?

DanHocker
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
When do the USPS Doctor Sleep gift editions ship?

We started today. The first batch will leave when they pick up tomorrow morning.

ICry4Oy
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Thank you!

CyberGhostface
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
UPS says I should get it tomorrow. :) Pretty fast given how it took a while for NOS4A2 to get delivered.

skyofcrack
11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
UPS was very fast. My Gift Edition shipped on 11/4 and arrived on 11/5!

Jimimck
11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I've Pre ordered Doctor Sleep and The Shining gift editions through Betts, and so will have a bit of a wait. Oh well, look forward to seeing photos in everyone's collection threads.

CyberGhostface
11-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Just got mine, looks great. :) I was hoping that Wells would draw a pic of Jack waving to Dan so I was happy to see it included.

WeDealInLead
11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Shivers is here! What a solid line up of writers.

idlewarnings
11-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Got my gift edition today. Nice work, CD.

Brian James Freeman
11-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Got my gift edition today. Nice work, CD.

Thank you!

AKC
11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Anybody got any pics? Mine hasn't shipped yet, last name begins with "W"...

:)

Bev Vincent
11-07-2013, 07:44 AM
My begins with V -- but my copy showed up yesterday, too!

AKC
11-07-2013, 07:46 AM

Picture me crying out loud.......

DanHocker
11-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Picture me crying out loud.......

They don't ship in order of last name actually. They ship by shipping method, then order number. So the earlier in the sales window you ordered, typically the earlier your copy will ship.

Jimimck
11-07-2013, 02:58 PM
They don't ship in order of last name actually. They ship by shipping method, then order number. So the earlier in the sales window you ordered, typically the earlier your copy will ship

Right there, is your reason to order early boys and girls!

cit74
11-07-2013, 08:13 PM
UPS text says I have something CD publications INC scheduled for tomorrow - wonder what it is...

Ben Eads
11-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Finally tracked down a copy of the SNL of Stephen King's IT today. I am nothing but impressed with the quality and presentation. My favorite collectible, by far.

Awesome Job Cemetery Dance!

I can't wait for my gift edition of Doctor Sleep to arrive!

SirFolio16
11-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Its funny I finally got my hands on a S/L 25th anniversary edition of IT two days ago...

I completely agree the quality and book overall are AMAZING!!!

TwistedNadine
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Shivers is here! What a solid line up of writers.

Agreed. Looking forward to reading it

erxbooks
11-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi Brian. This guy claims he is getting signed slipcased trades from you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-by-ST...X:eRTM:US:1123

DanHocker
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Hmm the link doesn't seem to be working.

Joe315
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I believe he is referring to this ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-by-STEPHEN-KING-THE-DARK-MAN-LIMITED-EDITION-SLIPCASED-steven-/231090573084?ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123

DanHocker
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Interesting, nothing we're involved with that I know of. Though I'm sure Brian will correct me if I'm wrong. The wording in the listing is a bit confusing.

Brian James Freeman
11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Interesting, nothing we're involved with that I know of. Though I'm sure Brian will correct me if I'm wrong. The wording in the listing is a bit confusing.

Yeah, I know nothing about that listing. Anyone know the seller?

Brian

Dan
11-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Dan or Brian - what is the timeline for the original art paintings from Chadbourne that were offered during the summer? I know he is busy with you guys and Grant, but I'm anxious to get them.

Jimimck
11-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Dan or Brian - what is the timeline for the original art paintings from Chadbourne that were offered during the summer? I know he is busy with you guys and Grant, but I'm anxious to get them.

Probably best to check with BP :biggrin:

dnemec
11-08-2013, 04:56 PM

Brian

He's also got this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-DARK-MAN-LIMITED-EDITION-SLIPCASED-/321244869315?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4acbafb2c3

Since when can you get even a signed napkin for $33.72? Notice no pics of the signature...

Brian James Freeman
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM

Brian

He's also got this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-DARK-MAN-LIMITED-EDITION-SLIPCASED-/321244869315?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item4acbafb2c3

Since when can you get even a signed napkin for $33.72? Notice no pics of the signature...

At first glance, he seems to have good feedback. I just don't know who it is. (Also, he seems to sell A LOT of shoes!) I'm checking the order management system now for his town to see if I can figure out if it's a retailer and I'm just blanking on his info… But the pricing does seem VERY weird to me.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm checking the order management system now for his town to see if I can figure out if it's a retailer and I'm just blanking on his info

Although we have 12 customers in the town listed on the auction, none seem to match this person's eBay profile as far as I can tell. No direct retailers there, either. That doesn't mean this person's billing zip isn't one town over, etc, of course, and thus not showing up in my search of our database. Or it's possible the books came from another source and not directly from us. We've sold both the trade edition and the slipcased trade edition to our major book distributor, so it's entirely possible this person ordered that way. But the pricing certainly seems too good to be true. I've sent a message asking where these signed copies came from and if they have a pic of the signature. Will post any reply I receive!

Brian

erxbooks
11-09-2013, 08:27 AM

Hmm the link doesn't seem to be working.

Sorry about that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-by-STEPHEN-KING-THE-DARK-MAN-LIMITED-EDITION-SLIPCASED-steven-/231090573084?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item35ce124f1c

Brian James Freeman
11-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Tracked down where the bad info is coming from. It looks like B&N checked the wrong box on that edition, so their site says it is signed and that is filtering out to other sellers/databases. I have contacted our rep there to get it fixed ASAP since the bad info only hurts them, us, and the customers who are going to be disappointed.

Brian

TwistedNadine
11-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Brian thanks for the info re the "signed" Dark Man editions.

Question: I see Mr. Mercedes trade edition is available now for pre-order with and without a slipcase.
Is there a link to pre-order just the slipcase without the trade edition included?

Brian James Freeman
11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Brian thanks for the info re the "signed" Dark Man editions.

Question: I see Mr. Mercedes trade edition is available now for pre-order with and without a slipcase.
Is there a link to pre-order just the slipcase without the trade edition included?

Indeed there is! Here you go:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_cases037

Brian

Br!an
11-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Tracked down where the bad info is coming from. It looks like B&N checked the wrong box on that edition, so their site says it is signed and that is filtering out to other sellers/databases. I have contacted our rep there to get it fixed ASAP since the bad info only hurts them, us, and the customers who are going to be disappointed.

Brian

And it's only $38.37.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dark-man-stephen-king/ (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dark-man-stephen-king/1115445264?ean=9781587674259)

jhanic
11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I see you have the publication date of Mr. Mercedes listed as June 2014. Is this "in stone" or "in jello"?

John

Brian James Freeman
11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I see you have the publication date of Mr. Mercedes listed as June 2014. Is this "in stone" or "in jello"?

John

That's the date from Books in Print, but I wouldn't be wagering any money on it just yet!

Best,
Brian

jhanic
11-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Brian.

John

bdwyer19
11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Did B&N take it down already? The link said the book was no longer available.

Randall Flagg
11-09-2013, 11:35 AM

John
I wager 6/3/2014

jhanic
11-09-2013, 11:41 AM

John
I wager 6/3/2014

Don't you mean 2014? :tongue:

John

Randall Flagg
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes.

DoctorZaius
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I have seen a number of posts saying that gift editions have been received. Has anyone posted a pic yet? I would love to see one.

Ari_Racing
11-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Something cool to be announced tomorrow :)

tippy4
11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
So since you know...why not just post it?

evilash
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
If it is what I think it is... it is cool and King related but no edition is signed bu King. It still looks good though.

Kingfan24
11-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Hey Dan/Brian, when will the Dr. Sleep S/L start to ship?

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey Dan/Brian, when will the Dr. Sleep S/L start to ship?

Already shipping! Dan is working on some International orders right now, I believe.

Jimimck
11-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Dan is working on some International orders right now, I believe.

Sa-weet!

(New Zealand.... New Zealand....Cough"hint"Cough)

Kingfan24
11-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Cincinnati..cincinnati..fingers crossed!

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
If you're at all curious about how a special edition of a book like Doctor Sleep is actually printed, Dan and I thought you might find this one little part of the process to be of interest:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/DoctorSleepUncutSheetsSmall.jpg

You can read about it here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/11/11/doctor-sleep-by-stephen-king-uncut-sheets-of-vincent-chong-full-color-artwork/

Brian

herbertwest
11-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree :)

Dan
11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Sweet! Where do I get one of those uncut sheets? Haha, just kidding....not really.

LostAlivE
11-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Brian just how would one go about getting one of those fine looking prints?
I would like to get one and have it framed especially if we could get the artist to sign it or just get one unsigned would be just as great.

bdwyer19
11-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Brian just how would one go about getting one of those fine looking prints?
I would like to get one and have it framed especially if we could get the artist to sign it or just get one unsigned would be just as great.

Ditto! I was wondering the same thing.

Randall Flagg
11-11-2013, 04:46 PM
It does seem a shame to let them go to waste/recycling. I am sure if CD has a pallet of them, they will think of an appropriate use for them.

Brian James Freeman
11-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Sweet! Where do I get one of those uncut sheets? Haha, just kidding....not really.

HA! We're going to figure something out. I should have mentioned that they're not all in that great of shape because they weren't meant to be shipped across the country on a pallet, but there will definitely be some good ones left when all is said and done. Right now is a bad time to ask the warehouse to ship anything that isn't already on their plates, but we'll figure something out. We hated the idea of all of that work/paper/expense going to waste. I suspect some long shipping tubes might showing up in the warehouse in December...

Brian

Ben Staad
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Cool. I will have to keep my ear to the ground.

I suspect some long shipping tubes might showing up in the warehouse in December...

Brian

stroppygoblin
11-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Can anybody shed some light on this edition of The Talisman and Black House? it's in a CD slip case but published by Scribner. I cant find any reference to it on CD's site however.

It was being sold on ebay and I put in what I thought was a low bid and won. Very much an impulse buy as I already have the Grant slipcased editions. Could someone give me an idea of value?
Also its not been shipped from the US yet... - if someone wants it i'm open to offers - PM me.

Edit: Found a bit more info... seems that there were only 400 (or (500 depending where you read it) of the slipcases produced.

Also this is a stock image I found - the books i bought are as new.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/thetalismanslipcase_zps8884ce96.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/thetalismanslipcase_zps8884ce96.jpg.html)

another pic:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/o_kingst04_zpsa3138838.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/o_kingst04_zpsa3138838.jpg.html)

Br!an
11-12-2013, 05:32 AM
I was second highest bidder. I was distracted, trying to finish my story for IMC:2014, and never put in a final bid once you outbid me. I've spent too much on books this weekend to buy it from you now though. I'm on a budget until the next paycheck. :frown2:

CD bought 400 copies of each. They sold them together in a custom slipcase with a custom poster for $99.

http://brianjamesfreeman.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/blackhouseposter.jpg

Brian explains it here: http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/04/09/scenes-from-the-cemetery-dance-office-the-talismanblack-house-slipcase/ (http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/04/09/scenes-from-the-cemetery-dance-office-the-talismanblack-house-slipcase/)

Dan
11-12-2013, 05:33 AM
CD made the slipcase when these new editions were released. It came with a poster, also. I think it sold for about $100.

stroppygoblin
11-12-2013, 05:38 AM
I was second highest bidder. I was distracted, trying to finish my story for IMC:2014, and never put in a final bid once you outbid me. I've spent too much on books this weekend to buy it from you now though. I'm on a budget until the next paycheck. :frown2:

CD bought 400 copies of each. They sold them together in a custom slipcase with a custom poster for $99.

Ah ok. I've emailed the seller and enquired about the Poster.
I've also spent waaaay too much on books this month, so definitely open to offers on this one!

Brian James Freeman
11-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Turn Down the Lights
edited by Richard Chizmar
Featuring original stories by Stephen King, Peter Straub, Clive Barker, Jack Ketchum, Norman Partridge, Ed Gorman, and many others!
Trade Hardcover Edition Shipping Next Month!

Update for Collectors:
To be published in three states including a trade hardcover for general readers (shipping in December) and two special hardcover editions for serious collectors (shipping in 2014), but there are no other versions planned at this time!

About the Book:
It was December 1988: George Bush had just defeated Michael Dukakis in the Presidential Election. Pitcher Orel Hershiser and the Los Angeles Dodgers had beaten the Oakland A's in five games to win the World Series. People were waiting in line at movie theaters to watch Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Tom Clancy's The Cardinal of the Kremlin and Anne Rice's The Queen of the Damned were atop the bestseller lists. The most acclaimed genre books of the year were Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs and Peter Straub's Koko.

And twenty-two year old college student Richard Chizmar had just published the premiere issue of a horror magazine named Cemetery Dance.

Twenty-five years later, there have been seventy issues of Cemetery Dance magazine. There have been more than 275 signed Limited Edition hardcovers in the Cemetery Dance book line. There have been awards including the World Fantasy Award, the International Horror Critics Guild Award, and the HWA Board of Trustees Excellence in Specialty Press Publishing Award, as well as nominations for the British Fantasy Award, the American Horror Award, and the Bram Stoker Award, just to name a few.

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of that premiere issue of Cemetery Dance, we're proud to announce Turn Down the Lights, an anthology of authors who helped make the magazine what it is today. These original horror stories by Stephen King, Norman Partridge, Jack Ketchum, Brian James Freeman, Bentley Little, Ed Gorman, Ronald Kelly, Steve Rasnic Tem, Clive Barker, and Peter Straub capture the genuine love of the genre that pushes Cemetery Dance Publications forward year after year.

Now, turn down the lights, flip the page, take my hand, and start the dance…

Table of Contents:
"Turn Down the Lights..." an introduction by Richard Chizmar
"Summer Thunder" by Stephen King
"Incarnadine" by Norman Partridge
"The Western Dead" by Jack Ketchum
"An Instant Eternity" by Brian James Freeman
"In the Room" by Bentley Little
"Flying Solo" by Ed Gorman
"The Outhouse" by Ronald Kelly
"Lookie Loo" by Steve Rasnic Tem
"Dollie" by Clive Barker
"The Collected Short Stories of Freddie Prothero" by Peter Straub
Afterword by Thomas F. Monteleone

Artists for the Artist Edition and Lettered Edition:
"Summer Thunder" by Stephen King — Mark Geyer
"Incarnadine" by Norman Partridge — Steven C. Gilberts
"The Western Dead" by Jack Ketchum — Will Renfro
"An Instant Eternity" by Brian James Freeman — GAK
"In the Room" by Bentley Little — Erin S. Wells
"Flying Solo" by Ed Gorman — Keith Minnion
"The Outhouse" by Ronald Kelly — Jill Bauman
"Lookie Loo" by Steve Rasnic Tem — Glenn Chadbourne
"Dollie" by Clive Barker — Chad Savage
"The Collected Short Stories of Freddie Prothero" by Peter Straub — Alan M. Clark

** Read more here or place your order:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar17

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/chizmar17--500.jpg (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar17)

Randall Flagg
11-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Magnificent. Order placed.

Brian James Freeman
11-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Magnificent. Order placed.

Thank you! King's story is approximately 21 pages if anyone is interested. The manuscript for his story was approximately 5500 words, I believe.

Brian

mae
11-12-2013, 07:06 AM
At least from the title the story seems to have a Bradbury feel...

jon10g
11-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Brian
Will PS Publishing be getting any copies of this? I am getting killed by postage from the US these days.

Thanks
Jon

Brian James Freeman
11-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Brian
Will PS Publishing be getting any copies of this? I am getting killed by postage from the US these days.

Thanks
Jon

Yes, I'm sure they will!

jon10g
11-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks

CyberGhostface
11-12-2013, 12:40 PM
So the trade edition will be sold from regular places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble?

Niels
11-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Brian

Thanks
Jon

Yes, I'm sure they will!

Don't count on that; I've been harassing them since february for the gift edition of Doctor Sleep.
All they did was keeping me on a leash!

Couldn't pre-order, even though Brian assured me they've been allotted copies.

(I don't blame Brian, just my way to ventilate that I'm fed up PS)

Brian James Freeman
11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
So the trade edition will be sold from regular places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble?

Trade edition will be for sure!

Brian

CyberGhostface
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks... I appreciate you making a trade edition available as I want to read the stories but wouldn't be able to get a limited at the moment.

Jimimck
11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Woo Hoo, got my shipping notification from S/L Doctor Sleep.

AKC
11-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Congrats! I haven't even received shipping notification on my Gift Edition yet!

Did you get remarques in your S/L Editions? I got nuttin' on the way but do have a S/L with 3 artist remarques that may be holding up both the S/L and Gift shipment.

Maybe they are waiting to ship them all together?

I dunno....

Jimimck
11-12-2013, 11:03 PM
No, just a standard s/l, no remarque for me. Mine is international shipping, and I think I recall Brian or Dan mentioning they were mixing up domestic and international orders.

Bad Penny
11-13-2013, 12:41 AM
I went for remarques (by all three artists) in all three editions of CD's Doctor Sleep - I anticipate seeing them all sometime in 2016 :smile:

Jimimck
11-13-2013, 12:52 AM
All three in all three editions? Now that's a line up of books I want to see!

Bad Penny
11-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Couldn't help myself James - what can I say ??? :blush:

Must say that I'm really looking forward to getting them into the collection !!!!

Brian James Freeman
11-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Remarqued copies will still be a while, we're sending around to the artists now! Mindy should be able to confirm any orders for anyone who ordered, but she's a bit swamped right now due to two of our employees being out of the office unexpectedly this week. If you don't hear back from her, hit me up at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll find out where things stand for you!

Brian James Freeman
11-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Kate and I are pleased to announce that Cemetery Dance has a new junior intern as of 6:55 last night on 11/12/13. His name is Charles Owen and he arrived about a month early, but it was a difficult pregnancy and things had taken a turn for the worse, so it was time for him to make his debut. 5 lbs and 18 inches. There were a few scary moments last night, but mother and baby are doing well this morning -- and when he gets home, he has a shelf of children's books to start his collection. ;)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/CharlesOwen.jpg

SirFolio16
11-13-2013, 06:09 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

May his years be filled with Happiness, Peace, Love, and tons and tons of books.

herbertwest
11-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Kate and I are pleased to announce that Cemetery Dance has a new junior intern as of 6:55 last night on 11/12/13. His name is Charles Owen and he arrived about a month early, but it was a difficult pregnancy and things had taken a turn for the worse, so it was time for him to make his debut. 5 lbs and 18 inches. There were a few scary moments last night, but mother and baby are doing well this morning -- and when he gets home, he has a shelf of children's books to start his collection. ;)

Congratulations Kate & Brian !

bdwyer19
11-13-2013, 06:36 AM

Awesome!! Congrats Brian!! He's very cute!

Bev Vincent
11-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Congratulations! And by "children's books" you mean Eyes of the Dragon, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon...

evilash
11-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Don't forget Creepshow! It is a comicbook (lots of pictures).

Congrats Brian!

Ben Eads
11-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Congrats, Brian! ;)

cit74
11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Congrats Brian

idlewarnings
11-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Congrats, Brian

Lookwhoitis
11-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Congrats! :)

Joe315
11-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Congratulations!

TwistedNadine
11-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Gorgeous. Very happy for you both.

Cook
11-13-2013, 08:44 AM
What a Beautiful child !!
Congratulations Brian

Br!an
11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Awww! What a cutey!

Congratulations.

Niels
11-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats!

thecollector
11-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Congratulations Brian! get ready for many sleepless nights - but not because of a King book this time :)

CyberGhostface
11-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Congrats!!

Merlin1958
11-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Big time congrats, Brian!!!

Legend (in my family) has it that when I was born I was 28 inches long. The Doctor had two flashlights and signaled for me to "C'mon back". LOL

ICry4Oy
11-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Got my Doctor Sleep gift edition yesterday...my god it is BEAUTIFUL!

...congrats on the kid Brian - it's kinda cute!:orely:

becca69
11-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Very beautiful baby Brian. And I just got a pretty nice limited arrival today ;)

ELazansky
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Have all the S/L been shipped yet? Haven't gotten any notices yet... :-(

EDIT - just got my shipping notice :-)

mistercrowley
11-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Not yet. I'm still waiting for my notice E. Anticipation is killing me

DanHocker
11-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Have all the S/L been shipped yet? Haven't gotten any notices yet... :-(

EDIT - just got my shipping notice :-)

Not yet. We're maybe a third of the way through them.

Dan
11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm nearly done with Shivers VII. I have enjoyed pretty much all the stories so far, except for just one or two. Outstanding lineup and some amazingly gruesome parts.

namelessnpoor
11-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Any extra dark man slipcase? Would like to get one for my trade copy.

Jimimck
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Congratulations Brian! This is one little boy who I feel will grow up to be a big reader!

mcdonaldj
11-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Congratulations Brian!!!

AKC
11-13-2013, 05:30 PM

Jealous as hell....no shipping notice on the GIFT EDITION yet. My S/L is getting 3 remarques so that will be awhile.

Picture me crying.....

P.S. Congrats Brian!

George at C-Springs
11-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Brian, thanks for sharing with us.

Now for the secret to surviving the first few months .... ready? Sleepy Sack. It takes the place of (and the worry out of) sheets and blankets and such, with the added benefit that baby gets to move freely. Freely moving warm baby means they get to sleep and stay asleep. It's like a magjc blanket. We got our non-sleeping-through-the-night son one at nine weeks, and from the first night he used it he slept through. They come in long and short sleeve, heavy and light material. They're awesome, and every little bit helps.

biomieg
11-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Congratulations, Brian! My wife and I are expecting our first in April, can't wait!

DanHocker
11-14-2013, 07:25 AM

Yes, but I haven't had time to look and see if they are any good. The boxes they are in are beat up pretty badly.

DanHocker
11-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Jealous as hell....no shipping notice on the GIFT EDITION yet. My S/L is getting 3 remarques so that will be awhile.

Picture me crying.....

P.S. Congrats Brian!

Send me an email with your order info and I can look into it. You should have gotten your notice for your gift already as we have been done shipping those for a couple days.

Br!an
11-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Yes, but I haven't had time to look and see if they are any good. The boxes they are in are beat up pretty badly.

I'd like one too.

LostAlivE
11-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Can anybody shed some light on this edition of The Talisman and Black House? it's in a CD slip case but published by Scribner. I cant find any reference to it on CD's site however.

It was being sold on ebay and I put in what I thought was a low bid and won. Very much an impulse buy as I already have the Grant slipcased editions. Could someone give me an idea of value?
Also its not been shipped from the US yet... - if someone wants it i'm open to offers - PM me.

Found a bit more info... seems that there were only 400 (or (500 depending where you read it) of the slipcases produced.

Also this is a stock image I found - the books i bought are as new.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/thetalismanslipcase_zps8884ce96.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/thetalismanslipcase_zps8884ce96.jpg.html)

another pic:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/o_kingst04_zpsa3138838.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/o_kingst04_zpsa3138838.jpg.html)

I wished I had gotten this one along with the one I got. I got the one that was signed by Peter Straub I just figured it would be better getting the signed edition. It just came in a plain black slipcase and looking back I could have switched the books out. Live and learn.

Dan
11-14-2013, 08:01 AM
You can still get this version from VJBooks

http://www.vjbooks.com/Straub-Peter-King-Stephen-The-Talisman-Bla-p/strboxe01-ltd.htm

stroppygoblin
11-14-2013, 08:07 AM
I wished I had gotten this one along with the one I got. I got the one that was signed by Peter Straub I just figured it would be better getting the signed edition. It just came in a plain black slipcase and looking back I could have switched the books out. Live and learn.

PM Me with an offer! Its been shipped to my NJ office and it includes the poster. I really have no room for it and it'll cost me more than I paid for it to ship to the UK.

DanHocker
11-14-2013, 08:14 AM

I'd like one too.

I'm sure when we get some down time around here and I can get a count on the good ones, we'll put them up on the site for sale.

namelessnpoor
11-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks, and I would even take one with a bump or 2 if that's all you have, just want to protect my trade copy a bit
Thanks again

I'd like one too.

I'm sure when we get some down time around here and I can get a count on the good ones, we'll put them up on the site for sale.

TwistedNadine
11-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Got my shipping notification yesterday, Yahoo!
Ill get it by the 19th
Excited!

Picture me crying.....

P.S. Congrats Brian!

mistercrowley
11-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Jealous!

AKC
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Ill get it by the 19th
Excited!

Picture me crying.....

P.S. Congrats Brian!

Am I the last one amongst my fellow TDT Members? As far as ordering earlier, I ordered within the first 30 minutes they were available.

Oh well, I know they are swamped.

Patrick
11-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Congratulations, Brian, on the arrival of your son! So glad to hear that things are well for both mommy and baby. He is a little cutie!

- Patrick

DanHocker
11-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Ill get it by the 19th
Excited!

Picture me crying.....

P.S. Congrats Brian!

Am I the last one amongst my fellow TDT Members? As far as ordering earlier, I ordered within the first 30 minutes they were available.

Oh well, I know they are swamped.

I think my reply might have gotten lost some where. Send me a mail so I can look into this for you, you should have gotten your notice at the latest earlier this week. Your order may be stuck or something.

mistercrowley
11-15-2013, 08:31 AM
I ordered the s/l and haven't gotten a notice

DanHocker
11-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I ordered the s/l and haven't gotten a notice

We're still working on the limited's. Should be done those late today / early Monday.

mistercrowley
11-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I got my copy today! Beautiful!

evilash
11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Got my notice!! Woo Hoo!!

Dan
11-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Gift arrived earlier in the week, S/L should be next week. I have a few more goodies that should be showing up next week too. I need to start thinking about what I want to get myself for Christmas.

needfulthings
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Gift arrived earlier in the week, S/L should be next week. I have a few more goodies that should be showing up next week too. I need to start thinking about what I want to get myself for Christmas.
DON'T YOU KNOW
IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THEN RECIVE.

Dan
11-15-2013, 03:32 PM
DON'T YOU KNOW

Good point! What is everyone going to GIVE me. :)

Patrick
11-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Well played, Dan.

Scoogs
11-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Congrats, Brian!

Are the S/Ls with the Chong remarques shipping with the regular S/Ls?

needfulthings
11-16-2013, 11:54 AM
DON'T YOU KNOW

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/6520/a1fj.jpg

A LUMP OF COAL!!!

dnemec
11-16-2013, 04:31 PM

As I am responsible for my own Christmas presents, I have already bought most of them. And spent $22 on my boyfriend so far. :evil:

DanHocker
11-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Congrats, Brian!

Are the S/Ls with the Chong remarques shipping with the regular S/Ls?

Not mixed it, but essentially yes. They will be shipping this week. We are wrapping some things up than moving onto those.

Merlin1958
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
DON'T YOU KNOW

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/6520/a1fj.jpg

A LUMP OF COAL!!!

Bruce, you crack me up!!!

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

sharki69
11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
The Last 50% Off Cemetery Dance Sale Of 2013!
Save 50% Off Your Order Until Midnight On Wednesday Night!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/the-last-50-off-cemetery-dance-sale-of-2013/

Patrick
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
I always order my books between sales, like just last week. D'oh!

TwistedNadine
11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
I always order my books between sales, like just last week. D'oh!

Ditto

Randall Flagg
11-20-2013, 12:52 PM
I am a fool too. I almost always pay full price. I take solace in the hope that it keeps CD in business. :emot-hydrogen:

Lurker
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Dr Sleep. It's so....white. I feel like I need gloves to handle it.

Br!an
11-20-2013, 04:02 PM

I'll send you some.

Robert Fulman
11-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I think it's a shame that there are still copies of Bev Vincent's Lettered "Dark Tower Companion (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/vincent03)" available. It's $100 (with 50% off code) shipped, and I give it my Frugal Collector Stamp of Approval.

Lookwhoitis
11-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Is mr Mercedes slipcased trade discountable?

It doesn't say it is excluded on the order page but the discount for that item is not being applied to my cart

Brian James Freeman
11-20-2013, 06:53 PM

It doesn't say it is excluded on the order page but the discount for that item is not being applied to my cart

Yep, we've had to start excluding the King trade editions, unfortunately, due to the decreasing nature of the discount we're receiving on them. (Our accountant told us to stop allowing discounts on these trade editions years ago but we basically ignored him until we had to listen!)

Look below the "About" and above the "Mr. Mercedes: A Novel by Stephen King" on the body of the page for the exclusion notice:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king100

Sorry!

Brian

Dan
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I know you guys are very busy shipping right now, but have you started shipping PS Publishings Christine yet?

Lookwhoitis
11-20-2013, 07:41 PM

Yep, we've had to start excluding the King trade editions, unfortunately, due to the decreasing nature of the discount we're receiving on them. (Our accountant told us to stop allowing discounts on these trade editions years ago but we basically ignored him until we had to listen!)

Look below the "About" and above the "Mr. Mercedes: A Novel by Stephen King" on the body of the page for the exclusion notice:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king100

Sorry!

Brian

No worries man! In the middle of an 80 hr work week, so I'm sure my tired eyes missed it.

I still picked up Bev's DT Companion and Turn down the Lights AE. Thanks for the discount!

mistercrowley
11-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Any updates on The Twelve by Justin Cronin?

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Any updates on The Twelve by Justin Cronin?

Sheets are back from Justin, proofreading is almost done, and it looks like everything should be ready for the printer by the end of the year as long as the final pass meets the author's approval!

Brian

stroppygoblin
11-21-2013, 03:32 AM
I think it's a shame that there are still copies of Bev Vincent's Lettered "Dark Tower Companion (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/vincent03)" available. It's $100 (with 50% off code) shipped, and I give it my Frugal Collector Stamp of Approval.

I ordered this - still no word on when it will be shipped though

The Library Policeman
11-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Just received my S/L Doctor Sleep. Beautiful. Great job Cemetery Dance.

DanHocker
11-21-2013, 06:20 AM
I know you guys are very busy shipping right now, but have you started shipping PS Publishings Christine yet?

Not yet. Soon hopefully but there's a ton of stuff here to ship.

Lurker
11-21-2013, 06:42 AM

I'll send you some.

:smile:

Dan
11-21-2013, 07:01 AM

Not yet. Soon hopefully but there's a ton of stuff here to ship.

No worries, I'm patient. I just wanted to make sure they didn't all get sent out and mine forgotten.

DoctorZaius
11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I won't duplicate all the pictures I just put up in my collections page, but I wanted to share the wonderful remarque I was lucky enough to get from CD. As I said on my page, the pure aesthetics of this limited pushed it to number two in my collection. Sorry Brian, it's hard to beat the stand. For those who were not lucky enough to get one, this book is a must, even at secondary market prices - could not be happier.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4395.jpg

DoctorZaius
11-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Brian, can you tell me if the art portfolio will match the white of the limited edition? God I hope so!

The Library Policeman
11-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Is there a portfolio planned for Dr Sleep?

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Hey Brian, can you tell me if the art portfolio will match the white of the limited edition? God I hope so!

We'll officially announce the Doctor Sleep artwork portfolio after it has moved deeper into production, but there is one in the works. We haven't picked all of the materials just yet, although the white seems probable to me if it'll work for this application. Still waiting to hear back from our case maker about that.

Brian

DoctorZaius
11-21-2013, 04:27 PM

We'll officially announce the Doctor Sleep artwork portfolio after it has moved deeper into production, but there is one in the works. We haven't picked all of the materials just yet, although the white seems probable to me if it'll work for this application. Still waiting to hear back from our case maker about that.

Brian

Can't wait - I already have one of the Dark Man ones on order. I hope it works out.

LostAlivE
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Brian will that be sometime in Jan. or Feb.?
I was hoping you would be doing one of these it should be cool as hell. The only reason I ask because right now I am as broke as a broken into piggy bank.

Brian James Freeman
11-22-2013, 11:34 AM

That sounds about right based on the info I have right now.

Brian

The Library Policeman
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM

That sounds about right based on the info I have right now.

Brian

You guys take as long as you need, Brian. I want one..... but 2013 doesn't want me to GET one. :evil:

TwistedNadine
11-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey Brian, Mindy had mentioned there was damage on some of the Vinny remarques and more sheets were sent to him. Sounds like my order is one of the one's waiting for a new sheet. Any idea when they will be back from Vinny? And when they are back, any idea how long it will take to tip those sheets in and send the SLs out?

DanHocker
11-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey Brian, Mindy had mentioned there was damage on some of the Vinny remarques and more sheets were sent to him. Sounds like my order is one of the one's waiting for a new sheet. Any idea when they will be back from Vinny? And when they are back, any idea how long it will take to tip those sheets in and send the SLs out?

If your's was only remarqued by Vinny your book should be on the way to you. If you haven't gotten a shipping notification yet send me an email and I'll look into it for you. We have not shipped any order that needed either Erin or Glenn to remarque them as it will take some time for them to complete their remarques.

TwistedNadine
11-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks Dan. No I only ordered a Vinny remarque. Mindy said it was on backorder because of waiting on new sheets from Vinny.
Ill send you the email correspondence now.

needfulthings
11-25-2013, 11:09 AM
DEAR BRIAN.... DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A 342 MATCH TO YOU?
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/9426/uttr.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/1654/sj49.jpg

WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?
P.S. THIS IS ME WHEN I SAW #402.
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/4553/7oak.jpg

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 11:14 AM
DEAR BRIAN.... DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A MATCH TO YOU?

You can contact Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com for help.

Brian

Roseannebarr
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM

WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?

I am not a professional book seller. But I am an accountant. (I bartend on the side). But after I printed out the picture and the receipt, I can confirm that those numbers do not match. There is a 4 and a 2 in each one. The two is in the right place.

I will be happy to get some white out (black out?) for you and try and fix those numbers. I do it all the time at work!

Roseannebarr
11-25-2013, 11:25 AM

WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?

I am not a professional book seller. But I am an accountant. (I bartend on the side). But after I printed out the picture and the receipt, I can confirm that those numbers do not match. There is a 4 and a 2 in each one. The two is in the right place.

I will be happy to get some white out (black out?) for you and try and fix those numbers. I do it all the time at work!

PS. My #214 was right on! all in a row and everything!

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 11:41 AM
But after I printed out the picture and the receipt, I can confirm that those numbers do not match.

:emot-roflolmao:

Luckily, this is an easy fix. Requested numbers are reserved on the chart and are only used for the order that requested them. So in this case, the correct number is still just waiting to be numbered since the warehouse just overlooked the number request when sorting the paperwork! No white out or black out needed! :)

Brian

Dan
11-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Brian saves the day again!

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 11:42 AM
WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?

Technically, Dan Hocker does! ;) Please drop Mindy a line and she'll get things moving to send you the correct number and get the wrong one back! order@cemeterydance.com

Also, SORRY for the heart attack and the inconvienence!

Brian

Ben Staad
11-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Who is GAK? Probably a dumb question but I'm not sure I'm familar with this artist.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Who is GAK? Probably a dumb question but I'm not sure I'm familar with this artist.

GAK has been around the genre for a long time. He's done a lot of interiors for us and also this cover:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/laymonk01.jpg

These new handmade pieces he's selling are really cool. His Halloween ones were really popular.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_GAK02

Brian

Randall Flagg
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM

WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?
Seems like a bit of unnecessary histrionics. Did you give CD a chance to respond before posting this?

Scoogs
11-25-2013, 04:26 PM
WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?

Hah, same thing happened with my remarqued copy. I just changed my request with SubPress to make sure that The Shining would still match.

Brian James Freeman
11-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Seems like a bit of unnecessary histrionics. Did you give CD a chance to respond before posting this?

Hadn't even contacted Mindy...

Roseannebarr
11-25-2013, 04:42 PM

WHO HAS MY NUMBER #342?

I am glad he posted it. Kind of like a reminder for the rest of us to check our numbers with the receipt. I was trying to make light of the situation because CD has an excellent reputation for fixing things when it gets messed up. Excellent customer service in my opinion. But it is always helpful to know if things are going awry. Apparantly it has happened at least twice so far!

AKC
11-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Understand the frustration but CD probably should have been given an opportunity to remedy prior to getting called out....

I have been working with CD for nearly a month to resolve an issue (still not resolved) but am working closely with Mindy and, most recently, Brian to fix. Although I could have brought the situation to light, I trust that they will eventually make it right......

My two cents, not everybody likely to agree with me....