PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

jhanic
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM
With only 83 copies being distributed, I expect the run to be sold out before publication.

John

killbourne
08-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Do keep us updated on how well its selling(if possible)...Im on the fence about it, and a status update might encourage me to get down off that fence.

Ari_Racing
08-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Couldn't have put it better! And i think a good example was the recent Earthling anathology that was signed by King, nicely produced for $250

Mmm. I don't quite agree with this. Earthling anthology had an already published King story in it in a slipcase and limited to more copies. This book is more limited, in a traycase, and has a new story by King.

I can't afford it, but I don't think it's too pricey.

Brian James Freeman
08-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Brian,

No one would ever suggest that a publisher take a loss on a project. However, one has to ask: Why make this edition so expensive? No one asked for super-duper impossible to find materials or ultra-spiffy traycases. I'm sure that folks would rather have the book half the price with "lesser" materials.

I'm absolutely certain you're correct. We could probably sell 200 or 300 or 400 copies at a lower price with lesser materials, but that wasn't the deal we were presented by the rights holder and that isn't what is allowed by our contract.

There is also the $60 edition for those collectors who don't want this sort of high-end edition:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/jones02

And there is also the trade edition being published in the UK for the general reader, so all of the bases are covered, so to speak.

No one one is being forced to order the deluxe edition, but more than 1/2 of our allotment is already gone within an hour of the first emails being sent, so it seems a project that was very much worth doing in terms of there being interest from collectors.

I would absolutely understand people being upset if the only way to read a new story was in a $995 edition -- that's INSANE! -- but these stories will be accessible to readers and collectors of all levels and incomes. In my mind, everyone wins.

Obviously, everyone brings something different to the table when this pricing discussion/conversation pops-up, but those are my two cents for what they're worth. :)

Best,
Brian

biomieg
08-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Brian, in what way is the CD/PS Publishing trade hardcover different from the Jo Fletcher Books/Quercus UK hardcover? Before today I didn't even know CD/PS were also publishing this book - I preordered the other version through Amazon a couple of weeks ago. If there are significant differences I may choose to go for the CD/PS edition instead.

killbourne
08-01-2011, 08:06 AM
brian, thank you for allowing us some insight into your world.

Brian James Freeman
08-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Brian, in what way is the CD/PS Publishing trade hardcover different from the Jo Fletcher Books/Quercus UK hardcover? Before today I didn't even know CD/PS were also publishing this book - I preordered the other version through Amazon a couple of weeks ago. If there are significant differences I may choose to go for the CD/PS edition instead.

There will be absolutely no differences in terms of the text included, so anyone who just wants to read the stories is good to go with the UK hardcover. (And the stories are VERY good!)

The PS/CD edition is being completely designed from scratch, though, so in terms of production materials it'll be very different. Also, Les Edwards is working on an amazing cover painting that is inspired by King's story, so it has a lot of great, gothic creepiness going on!

Best,
Brian

biomieg
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks, I was under the impression that the cover art would be the same because you're using the other book's art on the CD website (without mentioning that Mr. Edwards is working on different cover art).

Brian James Freeman
08-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks, I was under the impression that the cover art would be the same because you're using the other book's art on the CD website (without mentioning that Mr. Edwards is working on different cover art).

Yeah, we're using that artwork for the endpapers of the Limited Edition. I'm waiting on a file that doesn't have the designed text. :) I will make a note to clarify! Thank you!

Brian

Dolso
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I cant complain about anything. Im still extremely excited about the IT signed/limited coming out.

I agree with this ........ the way I see it is if you can afford it you get it -- if you can't afford it you don't -- just like concert tickets, trips to the Caribbean, sports cars (& mistresses??)

Ari_Racing
08-01-2011, 08:55 AM
You know what would have been really awesome? That the cover of the S/L edition would be in 3D with that artwork.

That'd surely be INCREDIBLE!

Randall Flagg
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Brian,

I just do not see a market for a $1k anthology regardless of how many authors signed it or how "rare" the materials are.

I think we will find out what the market will bear. 83 copies will sell out, perhaps in one day. I know I want one, I have to decide if I can afford one.

Dolso
08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
I cant complain about anything. Im still extremely excited about the IT signed/limited coming out.

I agree with this ........ the way I see it is if you can afford it you get it -- if you can't afford it you don't -- just like concert tickets, trips to the Caribbean, sports cars (& mistresses??)

(and new saws with 'flesh-sensing' technology!!!)

LostAlivE
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
The only thing that really bothers me is it seems they spend more money on the traycases than they do on the books that are going into the traycases.
Like SoD I & II lettered traycases were the books actually that much better than the signed editions?
I would like to have a book that is worth 1k than have a book and traycase where the traycase is worth more than the the book.

DanHocker
08-01-2011, 09:31 AM
The only thing that really bothers me is it seems they spend more money on the traycases than they do on the books that are going into the traycases.
Like SoD I & II lettered traycases were the books actually that much better than the signed editions?
I would like to have a book that is worth 1k than have a book and traycase where the traycase is worth more than the the book.

I'm pretty positive the SOD I & II books are worth more than the traycases they are in. I haven't seen the numbers, but am positive none the less.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-01-2011, 09:37 AM
... were the books actually that much better than the signed editions?

Yes, much, much better.

Brian James Freeman
08-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Do keep us updated on how well its selling(if possible)...Im on the fence about it, and a status update might encourage me to get down off that fence.

Just an update: approximately 1/2 of our copies of the Limited Edition have now sold and 34 of our 43 copies of the deluxe edition are gone as well.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Just an update: approximately 1/2 of our copies of the Limited Edition have now sold and 34 of our 43 copies of the deluxe edition are gone as well.

Brian

Our copies of the Deluxe Edition of A BOOK OF HORRORS are now gone.

Brian

Ari_Racing
08-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Amazing! :)

Ben Staad
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM

Brian

Brian

Congrats! That was very fast.

herbertwest
08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
There are still some at PS Publishing, according to their website.

Patrick
08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I saw the offering email early this morning and had to pass on the super-limited edition. It was over my budget right now, regardless of quality.

In regards to the production vs. cost discussion: If there were going to be a few hundred of the S/L's available, I might be annoyed at a $1,000 price tag. However since only 83 will be sold to the public, and we all know there is a market for that low of a quantity, I say go all out with the production values and charge what you need to cover them. Sounds like that's what the CD/PS joint venture is doing. Those able and willing to pay for high production values will receive something truly special, and the publishers save themselves the stress and effort of the chaotic feeding frenzy when demand far outstrips supply.

I did order the $60 signed edition from CD and I look forward to receiving it.

Randall Flagg
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
CD is now publishing more King items, with great quality, and on time, than perhaps ever. I would much rather rather complain about discuss prices and production value than (in the not too distant past), delays and lack of King S/L's.
83 People are going to be very pleased.

Dolso
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
CD is now publishing more King items, with great quality, and on time, than perhaps ever. I would much rather rather complain about prices and production value than (in the not too distant past), delays and lack of King S/L's.
83 People are going to be very pleased.

Hear!! Hear!! (or is it Here!! Here!!)

Rahfa
08-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Brian

Brian

Good job...not that surprising, with only 83 copies.

I dunno...even though it is very high, it's really so limited that it's hard to get bent out of shape about the cost. Like was said earlier, if this were "It" and the cheapest SL was $1000, then you're pricing out a huge percentage of your core customers and that would piss a lot of people off...

But, this is basically marketed to just 83 super-high-end customers, and they do deserve special treatment in a way...if I go to Bellagio in Vegas, I don't stay in the downstairs villas...I just have a regular room. I don't complain, and I don't stop going. They get what they can get; I get what I can get.

Merlin1958
08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I say, way to bring another quality King collectible to the market CD!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

idlewarnings
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I think it's amusing that people consider 83 copies of this deluxe edition as a limited run, but if you called this a lettered edition (which it basically is--it's got the production values and price point of a typical CD lettered) people would be freaking out about how that's way too many copies for a lettered.

Merlin1958
08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I think it's amusing that people consider 83 copies of this deluxe edition as a limited run, but if you called this a lettered edition (which it basically is--it's got the production values and price point of a typical CD lettered) people would be freaking out about how that's way too many copies for a lettered.

Interesting point!!!!

:orely:

needfulthings
08-01-2011, 07:04 PM
What am I missing? CD said 100 signed limited books now I am seeing the #83. What happened to the other 17 copies? Just curious!

Pasiuk57
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
They went to the authors

Ari_Racing
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
So, who got one? :)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-01-2011, 11:30 PM
PS Publishing:

"But be warned: there will be just 100 copies of the traycased edition—absolutely not a single copy more—and that quantity will have to accommodate a copy to each contributor, Stephen Jones and Les Edwards, plus Rich and me (though I already qualify as a contributor)."

WeDealInLead
08-02-2011, 04:24 AM

I'm guessing the 'usual suspects.'

Rahfa
08-02-2011, 05:21 AM

That's a good point, but it's not a lettered edition...so there aren't too many/few copies, and there's no other signed edition. So if you're a completist of limited editions who couldn't afford this - well, then you're not a completist anymore. The TGWTG s/l only had 125 copies at $1K each (or whatever it was), and that was never considered a lettered.

Like I said before, the price/limitation markets this to CD's highest-end customers, and that's fine. But it's a limited edition with a very small run, without a complementary lettered edition.

DanHocker
08-02-2011, 05:52 AM

That's a good point, but it's not a lettered edition...so there aren't too many/few copies, and there's no other signed edition. So if you're a completist of limited editions who couldn't afford this - well, then you're not a completist anymore. The TGWTG s/l only had 125 copies at $1K each (or whatever it was), and that was never considered a lettered.

Like I said before, the price/limitation markets this to CD's highest-end customers, and that's fine. But it's a limited edition with a very small run, without a complementary lettered edition.

Technically the Book Store edition is probably the limited editions, as I found out from Brian that it is signed by Stephen Jones and Les Edwards. Not sure what that makes the Deluxe edition though, maybe just a "Deluxe Limited" or some hybrid. No idea though, I don't handle production.

Randall Flagg
08-02-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm guessing the 'usual suspects.'.
http://theviewspaper.net/wp-content/uploadsnew/usual-suspects.jpg

ELazansky
08-02-2011, 06:23 AM

I'm guessing the 'usual suspects.'.
http://theviewspaper.net/wp-content/uploadsnew/usual-suspects.jpg

I'll bet Keyser Söze has all the lettered editions... :evil:

Ari_Racing
08-02-2011, 06:24 AM
...through Mr Kobayashy... :P

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
This will be great for the endpapers:

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/horrors_1.jpg

biomieg
08-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I really like the artwork!

Randall Flagg
08-02-2011, 11:56 AM

I like it. Do you think the image should be flipped?

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1312314946-horrors_1.jpg

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes. One for each end of the book.

Patrick
08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes. One for each end of the book.
Agreed. The original image in front, Jerome's flipped image in back. So the skull has the thickness of the book block behind it.

ELazansky
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
CD is now listing an Art Portfolio based upon the upcoming IT Limited Edition - looks kind of nice. http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_ITART

Jimimck
08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not a collector of art portfolios, but agree, this looks pretty cool.

Cutter
08-09-2011, 12:43 PM
A little late to this argument, but I've always said it's frustrating to be a King collector, and I'll probably say that till I die. If this $1000 anthology did not have King it would have never sold at that price, but with King it sold out in a day (I think?). Sure I would love to have a super duper nice edition, but not for a thousand bucks. Anthologies are never worth that much. novels, yes, but not anthologies. I'll get the next Charnel House limited edition. It'll be hand bound, hand sewn and with better materials, and it'll be by another author I like in Koontz and it'll only cost me $300-$400. King sometimes is just too crazy to collect, especially when you get down to books like anthologies that have a King story.

I'll be getting the regular edition, though. :)

And that art portfolio sounds sweet!

Patrick
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I am also thinking about getting the art porfolio for this one.

Does anyone know if the 500 signed sets are numbered?

DanHocker
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Had to dig back through my email to find what the signed sheets actually looked like, but yes they will be numbered.

LostAlivE
08-10-2011, 08:01 AM

Had to dig back through my email to find what the signed sheets actually looked like, but yes they will be numbered.

Will these be sent out before the book is released or what? I also ordered one they kinda put me in the mind of Salem's Lot set but these will have something to keep them in. Looking forward to getting it.

frik
08-10-2011, 08:02 AM
So far, I'm tempted, but haven't ordered a set yet.
The illustrations in the book will have to do.

sk

DanHocker
08-10-2011, 08:04 AM

Will these be sent out before the book is released or what? I also ordered one they kinda put me in the mind of Salem's Lot set but these will have something to keep them in. Looking forward to getting it.

That's a good question. I'm actually not sure on the answer to that. Maybe Brian will see this and shed some light.

LostAlivE
08-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I know know The Stand S/L is like the holy grail and I am hoping that It S/L will be as good an S/L as The Stand S/L or maybe better. I am hoping CD blows our minds when It S/L comes out.

DanHocker
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Will these be sent out before the book is released or what?

I just confirmed with Brian, and the answer is "Most Likely" barring any unforeseen delays.

texgunslinger
08-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Any news on an exact or semi-exact release date? I know it said "Fall 2011" but I thought at this point you might have a handle on production schedules and all that.

DanHocker
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Any news on an exact or semi-exact release date? I know it said "Fall 2011" but I thought at this point you might have a handle on production schedules and all that.

That I have no clue on. I'll point Brian over here though he should have a much better idea than me.

Brian James Freeman
08-10-2011, 06:06 PM

It all depends on when we get the signature sheets back from King. Everything else is ready to go to the printer. Based on the production schedule from FDNS last year, we still have plenty of time to send to the printer and publish before December 21st (the last day of fall). It could definitely be well before then if the sheets were done next week, but I won't even guess at an exact publication date before I have those sheets in my hands. (I've learned that lesson, finally!) :)

I'll post a note here as soon as everything is at the printer, though, and at that point we will post the final publication date!

Brian

Randall Flagg
08-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Brian, will the Gift edition be published/shipped sooner than the S/L?

Merlin1958
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM

Yeah, what El Jefe' said!!!! LOL

Brian James Freeman
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM

That's not currently the plan. I'd rather ship them together if possible. :)

Brian

Merlin1958
08-10-2011, 06:32 PM

Brian

Ahhhhh, no fair!!!!!! Since we couldn't get or afford a King Sig at least we should get 'em first!!!! Please re-consider!!!! (Pretty please??????)

Cutter
08-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I know know The Stand S/L is like the holy grail and I am hoping that It S/L will be as good an S/L as The Stand S/L or maybe better. I am hoping CD blows our minds when It S/L comes out.

The Stand and The Regulators are the two best produced Stephen King books in terms of book production quality, but both the those books were overseen by Peter Schneider. Unless someone else comes out and cares about book quality over making money it'll be hard to top those. And this is why Hill House is no longer in business, he never understood his business side. Sad. I will say, though Cemetery Dance does a pretty darn good solid job, though. I've been very pleased with the Limited Editions of the King books by CD.

Merlin1958
08-10-2011, 06:37 PM

The Stand and The Regulators are the two best produced Stephen King books in terms of book production quality, but both the those books were overseen by Peter Schneider. Unless someone else comes out and cares about book quality over making money it'll be hard to top those. And this is why Hill House is no longer in business, he never understood his business side. Sad. I will say, though Cemetery Dance does a pretty darn good solid job, though. I've been very pleased with the Limited Editions of the King books by CD.

Yeah, I would have to agree. While CD does a top notch job, nothing compares to those S/L's except maybe Skeleton Crew IMHO!! And I have been researching and lusting after all three for many years!!!! Certainly though, The Stand sits a notch above all King S/L's.

Edit: Oops!! Almost forgot the Asbestos Firestarter!!!!!

Randall Flagg
08-10-2011, 07:30 PM
The Asbestos Firestarter is nowhere near the stunning book that The Stand S/L, Skeleton Crew Lettered, The Regulators S/L and Lettered, are. It is the fact that it was an early King S/L, only 26 were done, and the "Asbestos" DJ (BTW, I sometimes wonder if the DJ is truly asbestos, or just called that) that combine to make it expensive, but not necessarily a stunning book itself. A bit like the 'Salem's Lot DJ that is almost unattainable (thus expensive). The DJ is nothing better, fancier or of higher quality that the other two states. I could go on and on.

Merlin1958
08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
The Asbestos Firestarter is nowhere near the stunning book that The Stand S/L, Skeleton Crew Lettered, The Regulators S/L and Lettered, are. It is the fact that it was an early King S/L, only 26 were done, and the "Asbestos" DJ (BTW, I sometimes wonder if the DJ is truly asbestos, or just called that) that combine to make it expensive, but not necessarily a stunning book itself. A bit like the 'Salem's Lot DJ that is almost unattainable (thus expensive). The DJ is nothing better, fancier or of higher quality that the other two states. I could go on and on.

Yeah, I have heard all the "negatives", but like you say it is still an elaborate and very rare item. Just trying to give respect is all.

Shannon
08-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I've only had about fifteen S/Ls pass through my hands so far, but Legacies is at the top right now. It was my first, so that might have something to do with it ... lol, but I love it. It's a well, well, well made production.

Ben Mears
08-11-2011, 04:06 AM

Brian

This is disappointing news. Past history shows that limiteds & deluxe editions usually run late due to slip and tray case delays as well as signature page timing. The shipping of the trade edition shouldn't be impacted by delays to other editions.

Ben Mears
08-11-2011, 04:08 AM

I think the deluxe 'Salem's Lot is the classiest of all King limiteds.

nyy3723a
08-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Nice to know that the portfolio will be numbered. I'll have a matching book & portfolio now!

Ric
08-11-2011, 06:26 AM
I think the deluxe 'Salem's Lot is the classiest of all King limiteds.

Funny, it's near the bottom for me. Other than the inane size and admittedly nice binding there's not much else going for it. To me it pales in comparison to The Stand or Eyes of the Dragon. There are quite a few S/L's that I'd rather keep than the Salem's Lot.

biomieg
08-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Nice to know that the portfolio will be numbered. I'll have a matching book & portfolio now!

Is that true, though? How do you know you will get matching numbers? Just an honest question, I probably missed some e-mails or posts on the forum, I have no idea.

jhanic
08-11-2011, 06:41 AM
If you ordered the s/l book and specified a number, then you can order the matching portfolio with the same number. You just have to tell Mindy.

John

Tito_Villa
08-11-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm sure that you could request a certain number if you have bought the S/L

Arghhh John beat me to it :)

biomieg
08-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Thanks, guys. I figured it would be something like that but I must admit I haven't read CD's latest mailings that closely.

ELazansky
08-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Do you think having the matching number portfolio will enhance the future value of the book? There are 750 s/l books but only 500 s/l portfolios, so only 500 matching sets could be had if everyone ordered their match. Still on the fence about this one...

jhanic
08-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Personally, I don't see any added value to having the matching numbers except it's kind of neat to do.

John

Randall Flagg
08-11-2011, 07:13 AM
There certainly is no reduction in value by having a matching #. It will never be easier to get a matching # than pre-order. Think of trying to find a matching # COTW and portfolio.

jhanic
08-11-2011, 07:15 AM
You speak truth!

John

ELazansky
08-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Yeah, you're right. I went ahead and ordered it so I could match my number, since my number is under 500.

DanHocker
08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Remember too, that people who ordered the Gift Edition and Not the Limited may have ordered the portfolio so that'll change the number of people who have matching sets out there as well.

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM

Brian

This is disappointing news. Past history shows that limiteds & deluxe editions usually run late due to slip and tray case delays as well as signature page timing. The shipping of the trade edition shouldn't be impacted by delays to other editions.

Full Dark, No Stars was our first Stephen King project where the Gift Edition shipped before the Limited Edition and that was due to a glitch with the traycase manufacturing if I recall correctly. Normally the Gift Edition's slipcases and the Limited Edition's traycases arrive in the same shipment because we use the same company for them.

In fact, the Gift Editions and Limited Editions of Buick 8, SOD 1, and SOD 2 all shipped at the same time. (Same with Riding the Bullet.) So shipping the Gift and Limited of IT at the same time wouldn't be abnormal, it would be a return to normal. :)

Hope this information helps!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2011, 09:22 AM
There certainly is no reduction in value by having a matching #. It will never be easier to get a matching # than pre-order. Think of trying to find a matching # COTW and portfolio.

Definitely email Mindy if you want a matching number because the warehouse won't know otherwise. Also, I'll post the number of matching sets that end up being ordered when they're all sold, just so everyone knows how many exist! :)

Brian

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-11-2011, 09:23 AM

That portfolio was signed by King which makes it highly desireable to King S/L Collectors. The CD portfolio has no King input.

Randall Flagg
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM

That portfolio was signed by King which makes it highly desireable to King S/L Collectors. The CD portfolio has no King input.
Very good point.

Ricky
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Super excited that CD is offering inscribed Michael Koryta novels! I missed the tour for The Ridge, so I'm pretty thrilled. :excited:

Brian & co., are these HCs first editions?

Brian James Freeman
08-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Super excited that CD is offering inscribed Michael Koryta novels! I missed the tour for The Ridge, so I'm pretty thrilled. :excited:

Michael is really quite awesome, so I was thrilled we were able to do this. I'm still waiting to hear back from the sales rep at his publisher about whether these are first editions, but I'm hoping to hear back in the morning so I can update the page before the CD Insider Newsletter goes out. She thought they "might be" but it's not a question they get asked often, I gathered!

Brian

Ricky
08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Still, very, very, cool!

I'll be eager to find out.

Brian James Freeman
08-12-2011, 07:12 AM

They are indeed first editions and I've updated the website accordingly;

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_koryta01
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_koryta02
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_koryta03

Brian

Ricky
08-12-2011, 07:41 AM
My wallet isn't liking this news at all.

Patrick
08-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Great, thanks, Dan. I ordered one yesterday.

Since receiving my SoD, Vol. 1, from CD a few years back, I've always matched that number with future Cemetery Dance Stephen King books. So my SoD Vol. II, FD/NS, and IT all have that same number. By dumb luck, the number is <500, so my IT Artwork Portfolio will match as well.

I'd buy these books (and this art portfolio) regardless of the specific number in each, but as long as I can match numbers, I do it. Just for the fun of it.

Jimimck
08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Arrrggghhh!!!!

I can't decide on this IT Portfolio. I don't collect artwork, but these look so cool, and it is IT after all!

Arrggghhh!!! What to do??????

F1racefan
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I ordered 1:excited:

Jimimck
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I caved!
Just ordered one now.

Thanks Brian ;)

AKC
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I got one and my #'s are gonna' match!!!!!

:rock::nana::rock::nana::rock::nana:

F1racefan
08-12-2011, 07:50 PM

This is the cover of the PS publishing book and I love it! Does anyone know if this is the cover to the CD edition?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-12-2011, 10:40 PM
This is the cover of the PS publishing book and I love it!
Does anyone know if this is the cover to the CD edition?

This will not be the cover for the CD version. There is new artwork for that. Incidently the PS Publishing and CD versions are the same book. It's a joint publication.

You may be thinking of the Quercus book, which is published on 29 September. This will be the first edition and first printing of, "The Little Green God of Agony".

F1racefan
08-13-2011, 07:20 AM
This is the cover of the PS publishing book and I love it!
Does anyone know if this is the cover to the CD edition?

This will not be the cover for the CD version. There is new artwork for that. Incidently the PS Publishing and CD versions are the same book. It's a joint publication.

You may be thinking of the Quercus book, which is published on 29 September. This will be the first edition and first printing of, "The Little Green God of Agony".

I knew it was a joint publication and that is why I thought they might be using the same cover art.:cry:

Brian James Freeman
08-13-2011, 10:17 AM

This is the cover of the PS publishing book and I love it! Does anyone know if this is the cover to the CD edition?

That artwork is being used as the endpaper for the CD/PS limited edition.

AKC
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Did anybody else order a Lettered Edition of Robin Furth's Dark Tower the Complete Concordance from CD?

I ordered it back in 2006 and still haven't received it.

Was it subject to the delays at CD or did anybody else get their copy?

Perhaps I'll check the CD website for an update......

AKC

Ric
08-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Lettered Edition + Cemetery Dance = WAIT

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Lettered Edition + Cemetery Dance = WAIT

Yeah, I'm waiting on quite a few.

F1racefan
08-14-2011, 06:51 AM

That artwork is being used as the endpaper for the CD/PS limited edition.

On the PS site it looks like that artwork is the cover if you look in their forthcoming books.:D

DanHocker
08-14-2011, 08:36 AM
We're working on a big push with the traycases for the backlogged lettered editions. I'm not sure when though, Brian should have a much better idea. I know correcting our lettered edition back log is one of Brian's major goals.

Brian James Freeman
08-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Did anybody else order a Lettered Edition of Robin Furth's Dark Tower the Complete Concordance from CD?

I ordered it back in 2006 and still haven't received it.

Was it subject to the delays at CD or did anybody else get their copy?

Perhaps I'll check the CD website for an update......

AKC

The Dark Tower Concordance Lettered Edition traycases are being made right now and it should be part of the batch that'll be shipping this fall. There will be a big update on the Lettered Editions in about two months because all of the titles that were at the binder have been finished and we have a new vendor who has taken on about 2/3s of the traycase project we have in progress.

AKC
08-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks fellas'. After posting, I went to the website and saw that it was "in process"......

Appreciate the feedback!

AKC

ICry4Oy
08-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Anyone ever bought the CD grab bags? Trying to decide if it's worth the gamble...

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Anyone ever bought the CD grab bags? Trying to decide if it's worth the gamble...

I actually wasn't going to post because I don't want anyone to think I'm on here just trying to sell, sell, sell... but it's not really necessary to "sell" the Grab Bags because they tend to sell themselves. So I did want to post three notes in case it helps:

* Please do keep in mind that these are "dinged" or imperfect items, so there's a reason we can't sell them as new... but on the other hand, there's some really cool stuff from the last 2 years in here, especially for King fans and general readers who just want to fill-up their To Be Read pile...

* The reason we sell these "dinged" Grab Bags is simple: instead of pulping books and magazines that are still perfectly readable but can't be sold as collectibles, we sell them this way and make back some of our production costs while also giving readers (who don't care about an item being collectible) a really great value.

* And as always, if anyone ever buys something, whether it is a book or artwork or a promotional item or whatever, and you're not happy when it arrives... just drop me a line via email so we can discuss our options, even if it's something that's technically not returnable like a custom painting, etc. I'd rather you be happy and we'll figure out how to make sure that happens if you want it to happen.

Brian

Robert Fulman
08-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Okay, Brian, you conviced me, at least. But if I get 16 pounds of magazines, I am going to :cry:.

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Okay, Brian, you conviced me, at least. But if I get 16 pounds of magazines, I am going to :cry:.

Ha! That would be a lot of magazines. I think there might be up to 2 magazines in some of the Grab Bags, they're all a little different... but it's mostly books! :)

Brian

ICry4Oy
08-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Okay I went for it. If I ain't happy with it Brian, I know where you live!!!!

.....okay, I really don't know.....

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Okay I went for it. If I ain't happy with it Brian, I know where you live!!!!

.....okay, I really don't know.....

Ha! I'm pretty sure I live on (or maybe inside) this computer... feels like it most days, at least! ;)

Brian

jhanic
08-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Boy, do I know that feeling!

John

nyy3723a
08-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I've bought a couple of CD grab bags and I've never been disappointed. I have decided to stop buying them though since I've been lucky enough to get most of what CD's put out over the past few years.

herbertwest
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM

I actually wasn't going to post because I don't want anyone to think I'm on here just trying to sell, sell, sell... but it's not really necessary to "sell" the Grab Bags because they tend to sell themselves. So I did want to post three notes in case it helps:

* Please do keep in mind that these are "dinged" or imperfect items, so there's a reason we can't sell them as new... but on the other hand, there's some really cool stuff from the last 2 years in here, especially for King fans and general readers who just want to fill-up their To Be Read pile...

* The reason we sell these "dinged" Grab Bags is simple: instead of pulping books and magazines that are still perfectly readable but can't be sold as collectibles, we sell them this way and make back some of our production costs while also giving readers (who don't care about an item being collectible) a really great value.

* And as always, if anyone ever buys something, whether it is a book or artwork or a promotional item or whatever, and you're not happy when it arrives... just drop me a line via email so we can discuss our options, even if it's something that's technically not returnable like a custom painting, etc. I'd rather you be happy and we'll figure out how to make sure that happens if you want it to happen.

Brian

Pretty good customer service! If everybody were like you guys...

Brian James Freeman
08-18-2011, 11:58 AM
We didn't always do the best job of communicating with our customers in the past, but it's something I've been working on and I hope posting this sort of info helps! Like I said, if anyone ever has any problems, questions, or concerns, definitely drop me a line... I reply to every email so if you don't hear back within a day or two, send me a follow-up so I know to look in my spam folder. Thanks!

Brian

Ben Staad
08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
We didn't always do the best job of communicating with our customers in the past, but it's something I've been working on and I hope posting this sort of info helps! Like I said, if anyone ever has any problems, questions, or concerns, definitely drop me a line... I reply to every email so if you don't hear back within a day or two, send me a follow-up so I know to look in my spam folder. Thanks!

Brian

I just wanted to jump in and reiterate that Brian does a fantastic job in customer service. He recently took care of an issue for me that I had with a book published years ago (2007). The book had some weird defects that I didn't notice until well after the purchase (because I didn't open the thing!) and I contacted Brian and he was able to replace the book for me free of charge. The process was very easy and I am thrilled with this level of customer support. Great job!

JudCrandall
08-18-2011, 02:51 PM
As a long time lurker and a recent joiner, I will say that Brian and CD will go out of their way to make a customer happy. I recently had a little issue that Brian settled to my satisfaction. Although I'm not a high end collector, I do own and enjoy a lot of their books, and have no problems in vouching for their customer service.

And the grab bags are pretty cool too. Worried about duplicates, but ordered this one anyway.

Jimimck
08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey Jud, Welcome to the site!

The Library Policeman
08-19-2011, 05:44 AM

Brian

Pretty good customer service! If everybody were like you guys...

Brian and Mindy were a fantastic help to me recently regarding the upcoming IT S/L, for which I am extremely grateful. The CD customer service is second to none these days.

Robert Fulman
08-26-2011, 04:55 AM
My dinged grab bag:

Brockton, MA, United States 08/26/2011 4:46 A.M. Out For Delivery

I will report back tonight.

Update:

Delivered: Met Customer Woman

I bet Customer Woman is thinking to herself, "For the love of Pete, what did Customer Man buy now?"

Robert Fulman
08-26-2011, 04:24 PM
So, that was a lot of fun to open. Everything was stacked by size (smallest at the top). I don't know much about horror, but there was enough Stephen King stuff to keep me happy. Highlights include:

Blockade Billy (2nd)
Porkpie Hat
Justin Brooks' Bibliography
Riding the Bullet slipcased gift edition
Secretary of Dreams 2 slipcased gift edition

These all seem to be in excellent condition, with no problems of note. Very happy.

jhanic
08-26-2011, 04:28 PM
A very nice package indeed!

John

Ben Staad
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Damn...that was a nice grab bag. Congrats.

Jimimck
08-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds like an awesome grab bag. Well done CD!

Ben Staad
08-27-2011, 04:19 PM
A very nice package indeed!

John

Bad choice of words! LOL and J/K :biggrin1:

Robert Fulman
08-29-2011, 05:52 AM
The package also contained a paperback of Shivers VI, which has a Stephen King story in it.

And, on the "dinged" nature of the grab bag, some of the paperbacks are a bit scuffed, but the hardcovers are in very good shape. My Riding the Bullet has a bar code sticker on the dust jacket, and I suspect that might be the reason for its inclusion because it seems to be impossible to remove. I don't see it as a big deal, though, because it looks great on the shelf in its slipcase, and that's good enough for me.

Also, I only got one magazine, and that had a preview of Blockade Billy in it. So by my count, 6 of the 11+ items in the box featured Stephen King in some way, so I consider Brian Freeman's promise of "cool stuff... for King fans" to be fulfilled.

Bev Vincent
08-29-2011, 06:12 AM
A Bev Vincent story, too! ;)

Robert Fulman
08-29-2011, 06:26 AM
I'll be sure to read it this evening, then.

Ben Mears
08-29-2011, 09:53 AM
A Bev Vincent story, too! ;)

Bev's story is a good one. I liked Straub's the most.

Jimimck
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm assuming everyone has seen the Chadbourne Commissioned Artwork on offer from CD...

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/A_CHADBO05

I think this looks AWESOME! Gonna try and convince the wife to get this for me for Christmas. I love the idea of me being a King character.
Any suggestions what to choose? Busting through the door with an axe from The Shining? As Pennywise? Trapped in a car with Cujo outside? As Arnie Cunningham polishing Christine? The possibilities are endless...

**EDIT** WOO HOO - One ordered as a Christmas gift! :biggrin1:

Now the hard part - deciding on what character. Love to hear everyones suggestions.

Tito_Villa
09-02-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm sure it will be great, i have a painting from Glenn and i love it soooo much! Congratulations.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-02-2011, 05:13 AM
I hope the Signed Limited and Lettered versions of "The Big Book of Necon" are released before "IT". We also paid for these before Full Dark, No Stars.

Brian James Freeman
09-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I hope the Signed Limited and Lettered versions of "The Big Book of Necon" are released before "IT". We also paid for these before Full Dark, No Stars.

Yep, they will be! Well, the Limited and Artist Editions will be, at least. The Lettered Edition traycase won't be done before then. Always happy to cancel and refund any orders if you're tired of waiting, of course, but the Limited and the Artist Editions should ship in November and the Lettered Edition will be next year.

Brian

The Library Policeman
09-02-2011, 07:39 AM
What a great deal from CD for the labour day weekend. I just ordered the IT portfolio and the gift edition,(to go with my S/L) for half price!! So glad I waited.

50% off everything on the site this weekend. Get on it folks.:onfire:

Tito_Villa
09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
I thought it was only on in stock items?

The Library Policeman
09-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Dunno Tom, but my coupon code was accepted for the portfolio and the gift edition.

Is this OK Brian?

Brian James Freeman
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Correct. Mindy will have to contact anyone who orders Forthcoming items about their order and see if they want a refund or to pay the difference. Unfortunately, we can't use the system to restrict a "type" of product in the system (such a Forthcoming items), so we have to do that manually on the back end as the orders come in...

Brian

The Library Policeman
09-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh well, that'll teach me to read things properly!! Still some great deals to be had though.

ICry4Oy
09-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I couldn't resist getting the Knowing Darkness "dinged" copy for that price. It was already reduced to nearly half and now got it for half of that.

My grab bag showed up the other day and as a King fan I am quite happy with it! I'll have to inventory everything and list it here in the next few days.

Hmmmm.....for someone who doesn't call himself a collector I sure have bought a lot of (metaphorical) shit from CD lately.

Robert Fulman
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Interesting, I also ordered the dinged knowing darkness, based primarily on the fact that I was very happy with the condition of my dinged grab bag.

killbourne
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Secretary of dreams 2 gift edition...is not available for the 50% discount?

ICry4Oy
09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
It should be. The email said any "in stock" items. So if they have it, it should apply. No pre-order 50% discounts though.

ICry4Oy
09-03-2011, 07:14 AM
My grab bag....

Blockade Billy, 1st ed., 2nd printing
Pork Pie Hat (Peter Straub) 1st limited ed. printing
The Painted Darkness (Brian Freeman) 1st limited ed. printing
Johnny Halloween: Tales of the Dark Season (Norman Partridge) SIGNED 1st limited ed. printing
Blood Born (Matthew Warner) paperback, SIGNED by author & artist! With little syringe ink pen & blood bag and magnet promo pack.
Special SIGNED/numbered hardback Cemetery Dance #61 - not sure who the signature is :(
Halloween: New Poems (Al Sarrantonio) 1st edition
Riding The Bullet 1st ed., limited edition SLIPCASED!
Secretary of Dreams Vol 2, 1st ed., SLIPCASED!
Cemetery Dance magazine issue #64

TOTALLY worth the price. They're supposed to be "dinged" items but I've examined all of them and for the life of me cannot find anything "dingy/ish" about 'em. They're all beautiful!!!

frik
09-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Brian -or anyone- : any news on the Full Dark No Stars lettered?
thanks,

sk

Brian James Freeman
09-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Brian -or anyone- : any news on the Full Dark No Stars lettered?
thanks,

sk

We have the finished books -- the binding and the gilding is awesome! -- and we've approved the prototype of the deluxe box. I don't have an ETA on the finish date for the boxes because it's all hand-work and they're starting into their busy season, but I will post when I have more news!

Brian

Fsmdr
09-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Brian,

I have a question regarding lettered allocation. I've purchased the lettered 'IT' and has emailed Mindy numerous times requesting a 1st choice, 2nd choice and even a 3rd choice letter. I've been told that it would not be possible for me to know what letter I would be receiving until the book ships. Would it not be correct for me to assume that you should have on record what lifetimers letters are and therefore should be able to assign certain letter to each buyer?. I'm rather mystified by her replies.....

Jimimck
09-04-2011, 08:30 PM
OK CD enough is enough.

Please stop releasing all these awesome offers/art portfolios/discounts! In the past few weeks I've had to order the IT portfolio, The Chabourne commissioned painting, and have now ordered Knowing Darkness with the 50% discount.

My wife will start to notice these as where do I hide a book the size of Knowing Darkness? Do you want to get me in trouble??? Sure my credit card company is enjoying all this activity, but I'm starting to think I'll have to get me painted as Billy from Thinner, as I'll be eating lean this month!

But seriously guys - love your work :tongue1:

east-tennessee
09-04-2011, 08:53 PM
:lol:

neosatus
09-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow, just ordered Knowing Darkness and Secretary of Dreams 2 for $130, shipped. Thanks for posting that here :)

shnnrc01
09-05-2011, 07:32 AM
good deal for a few gift editions. i got me a sod 2. glad i waited now!

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi Brian,
I have a question regarding lettered allocation. I've purchased the lettered 'IT' and has emailed Mindy numerous times requesting a 1st choice, 2nd choice and even a 3rd choice letter. I've been told that it would not be possible for me to know what letter I would be receiving until the book ships. Would it not be correct for me to assume that you should have on record what lifetimers letters are and therefore should be able to assign certain letter to each buyer?. I'm rather mystified by her replies.....

Lifetimers get their usual letters, customers who bought Full Dark, No Stars get their matching letters, and then the rest of the letters are assigned to the remaining customers. After lifers and FDNS customers, I'm not actually sure how many "available" letters there will be (a lot of the FDNS customers bought IT), but I can let Mindy know you have a couple of choices that are really important to you and we can put that in the notes on your order! "Would really like A, B, or C" kind of deal. They may not be available, but we'll try! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Wow, just ordered Knowing Darkness

Hey, just a heads-up, it may take a few weeks to ship your Knowing Darkness. We sold a few more than we had left on the shelf, so we're going back to the publisher to get more copies.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
09-06-2011, 07:20 AM
My wife will start to notice these as where do I hide a book the size of Knowing Darkness? Do you want to get me in trouble??? Sure my credit card company is enjoying all this activity, but I'm starting to think I'll have to get me painted as Billy from Thinner, as I'll be eating lean this month!

HA! Knowing Darkness is just about the hardest book to hide!

Brian

neosatus
09-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow, just ordered Knowing Darkness

Hey, just a heads-up, it may take a few weeks to ship your Knowing Darkness. We sold more a few than we had left on the shelf, so we're going back to the publisher to get more copies.

Brian

Oh that's cool, there's no rush at all. Thanks for the info.

Jimimck
09-06-2011, 01:54 PM
We sold a few more than we had left on the shelf, so we're going back to the publisher to get more copies.

If this means getting one with no flaws, I'm happy to wait too! :cool_002:

Merlin1958
09-06-2011, 05:26 PM

HA! Knowing Darkness is just about the hardest book to hide!

Brian

Hey, you can hide it at my house, no problem!!! (Que Rimshot/cymbal)

:lol1:

Ben Staad
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I have to give CD some props for all the cool promotions they have been offering lately. Great job guys!!!

P.S. The new books are pretty cool too :biggrin1:

Merlin1958
09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I have to give CD some props for all the cool promotions they have been offering lately. Great job guys!!!

P.S. The new books are pretty cool too :biggrin1:

Not for nothing but, where exactly you guys think that "Smiley" has that flag? It's in his ass? lol lol And if so, why is he wagging it? lol

Ben Staad
09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
why is he wagging it? lol

Isn't it obvious?! Due to the fact he has no arms to extract the flag he is obviously doing the only thing he can do to make the thing fall out. I think if you were in his situation you would be doing the same thing.

Merlin1958
09-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Isn't it obvious?! Due to the fact he has no arms to extract the flag he is obviously doing the only thing he can to remove the damn thing.

LOL Good Point!!!! LOL LOL That's a good explanation why his mouth is open in a scream!!! LOL

Pretty vile smiley when you get into it!! LOL LOL Probably should say "Prison Rape Smiley" LOL LOL LOL

However, I digress........................................... ................

Randall Flagg
09-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Isn't it obvious?! Due to the fact he has no arms to extract the flag he is obviously doing the only thing he can to remove the damn thing.

LOL Good Point!!!! LOL LOL That's a good explanation why his mouth is open in a scream!!! LOL

Pretty vile smiley when you get into it!! LOL LOL Probably should say "Prison Rape Smiley" LOL LOL LOL

However, I digress........................................... ................
Back on topic please.

Jimimck
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Back on topic please.

Sorry Dad.... :innocent:

e_taylor
09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Perhaps an odd request, but can anyone who owns the following books give me the H x W x D measurements?

Elsewhere
Painted Darkness
Sides

Thanks!

DanHocker
09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Perhaps an odd request, but can anyone who owns the following books give me the H x W x D measurements?

Elsewhere
Painted Darkness
Sides

Thanks!

They are all 5.25" wide by 7.75" tall with the following depths

elsewhere = .75" (give or take an eighth)
painted darkness = .75"
sides = 1.125"

e_taylor
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Elsewhere
Painted Darkness
Sides

Thanks!

They are all 5.25" wide by 7.75" tall with the following depths

elsewhere = .75" (give or take an eighth)
painted darkness = .75"
sides = 1.125"

Thanks a lot - you guys should list the dimensions for all the slipcases you are offering on your site. Some have them, but some are missing!

DanHocker
09-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I think the reason some of them don't have the dimensions, is because we didn't have any other books that fit them. I'll suggest it to Brian though, assuming he doesn't see this first.

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I think the reason some of them don't have the dimensions, is because we didn't have any other books that fit them. I'll suggest it to Brian though, assuming he doesn't see this first.

Yep, but we could add the sizing for any of the other plain slipcases like the ones mentioned above.

Brian

e_taylor
09-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Yep, but we could add the sizing for any of the other plain slipcases like the ones mentioned above.

Brian

It would probably be a good idea, as I'm sure theres lots of collector's like me that are using them for non-CD books.

If you have a book that fits, these prices simply can't be beat!

Brian James Freeman
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Brian

It would probably be a good idea, as I'm sure theres lots of collector's like me that are using them for non-CD books.

If you have a book that fits, these prices simply can't be beat!

Yep! Added the ones I have info on hand for, will have to measure a couple of the others next week -- thanks for the suggestion!

Brian

DanHocker
09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
The collector's club is back. Here's the link for more details.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_cdcc2

Brian James Freeman
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
For anyone who hasn't been by the Production Updates page in a bit, I thought this would be of interest to a few of you!

The Big Book of Necon edited by Bob Booth (Signed Editions):
The Limited Edition and the Artist Edition will be published in late October 2011. The Lettered Edition binding will be completed at the same time, but the traycases will not be ready until next year.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

Brian

Ari_Racing
09-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Nice! Too bad I knew about this book to late when the S/L was long sold out. But I got the trade edition :)

Brian James Freeman
09-20-2011, 04:35 PM
I will try to post some photos when we have both the books and the cases -- they should be a great looking!

Merlin1958
09-20-2011, 06:33 PM
The collector's club is back. Here's the link for more details.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_cdcc2

I got in on this!!! Seems like a great deal for $100!!! I also picked up one of these beauties:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=o_stoker02&Store_Code=CDP&search=Dracula&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

A "must have" for any reputable Horror Collection!!! :cool:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cemetery Dance!!!!

:YYY:

Brian James Freeman
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Well, I've finally joined the early 2000s and started a blog:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/

I hope you’ll swing by and check it out! I’ll be posting updates on my own work, the things I do at Cemetery Dance Publications, life at Lonely Road Books, and my general thoughts on the state of publishing, etc. Thanks!

Best,
Brian

Merlin1958
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, I've finally joined the early 2000s and started a blog:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/

I hope you’ll swing by and check it out! I’ll be posting updates on my own work, the things I do at Cemetery Dance Publications, life at Lonely Road Books, and my general thoughts on the state of publishing, etc. Thanks!

Best,
Brian

I certainly will and did!!! Comment posted!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ari_Racing
09-22-2011, 07:27 AM
And bookmarked :)

Brian James Freeman
09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks! :)

DanHocker
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Hey guys, we're looking for famous dates in horror history as well as Author's Birthday's and what not to go on our upcoming CD calendar. If anyone has anything they'd like to add, here's the link.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?784-Famous-Dates-in-Horror-History....

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
...and what not to go on our upcoming CD calendar.

The dates of when we get our lettered editions.

Merlin1958
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
...and what not to go on our upcoming CD calendar.

The dates of when we get our lettered editions.

Oooooo that was cold!!!!

:lol1:

shnnrc01
10-05-2011, 11:44 PM
lol

Brice
10-06-2011, 03:07 AM
I didn't even know y'all had a forum. :unsure: Anyhow you can count on me spamming this part of your board with dates.

Brian James Freeman
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
The *approval* copies of The Big Book of Necon slipcases (Limited and Artist Editions) arrived today and they look awesome. They have been approved and the rest of the run should be done by the end of the month. Here is one of my usual poor cell phone photos:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/neconslipcase.jpg

Brian

Ari_Racing
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
They really look awesome! :)

Ben Staad
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Very Nice Brian. Thanks for sharing and congrats on these.

herbertwest
10-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Looking good !

jemaher
10-15-2011, 10:56 AM
sweet!

Merlin1958
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice!!!!!

AKC
10-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Did any of my TDT brethren order the Lettered Edition of Robin Furth's DT Concordance?

Am I the only one still hangin' for a publication date?

Anyone else feel my pain on this one?

AKC

DanHocker
10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Did any of my TDT brethren order the Lettered Edition of Robin Furth's DT Concordance?

Am I the only one still hangin' for a publication date?

Anyone else feel my pain on this one?

AKC

I think that one's actually with the tray case maker. I can't remember what the hold up was though. I think it may have had something to do with the tray case material.

AKC
10-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks Dan! I wasn't sure how popular that one was and if anybody else here secured one....

Looking forward to receiving!

Tim

texgunslinger
10-18-2011, 07:59 AM
I may have missed it, but when will the Lettered and Limited FDNS editions be shipping? I see some gift editions already up on eBay but not any SL versions.

Thanks!

jhanic
10-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I got my copy of the limited Full Dark in February of this year.

John

DanHocker
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I may have missed it, but when will the Lettered and Limited FDNS editions be shipping? I see some gift editions already up on eBay but not any SL versions.

Thanks!

The limited shipped a couple weeks after the gift editions. The lettered's are still in the "tray-case" making process. If you ordered a Limited edition from us and haven't received it yet, send an email to either Mindy, Brian, or myself and we'll look into what the problem is.

info@cemeterydance.com
brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
danhocker@cemeterydance.com

texgunslinger
10-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I didn't order any, I was just curious. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

jhanic
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
There were a couple of the s/l listed in the completed section of eBay. One sold, the other did not.

John

Jimimck
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I just received the standard email notification about CD's Exorcist release, after receiving the early notification yesterday.

I could have sworn that when I went to the info page from the link in the first email that both editions were being done with a traycase?????
I see now that only the lettered edition is being done with a tray case.

Was I just being an idiot who can't read? or was this a bit of a slip up on the website??? Did anyone else notice this? I could be totally wrong however ;-)

Patrick
10-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Wasn't there a limited edition of The Exorcist released within the last year or so? I thought I've seen photos around here. Or am I thinking of some other book?

In any case, I ordered a copy of this 40th Anniversary revised Edition. I don't own any edition at all and the price on this S/L seemed reasonable.

DanHocker
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Wasn't there a limited edition of The Exorcist released within the last year or so? I thought I've seen photos around here. Or am I thinking of some other book?

In any case, I ordered a copy of this 40th Anniversary revised Edition. I don't own any edition at all and the price on this S/L seemed reasonable.

We released The Exorcist / Legion combo (can't remember if it was earlier this year or late last year). I asked the same question when I found out about the project, but then Brian told me about how Blatty wanted to write the revisions and what not.

ELazansky
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I have a $100 CD Gift Certificate sitting around. I wonder if I should just use it on this. I've never read the book before, but it sounds like a nice copy of the book

AKC
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I have a $100 CD Gift Certificate sitting around. I wonder if I should just use it on this. I've never read the book before, but it sounds like a nice copy of the book

I think that is a GREAT idea!!!!!!

AKC

Patrick
10-19-2011, 04:25 PM

We released The Exorcist / Legion combo (can't remember if it was earlier this year or late last year). I asked the same question when I found out about the project, but then Brian told me about how Blatty wanted to write the revisions and what not.
Thanks, Brian. Having never read the original, I have no attachment to it, so I'm totally open to his revised version. I look forward to its publication.

Brice
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Personally I loved the original too much to want revisions. I felt the same about the gunslinger and still do. I felt there was no value in revising. I liked the revised, but i LOVED the original. I'm pretty sure i feel the same about this one. I think he should have wrote a new story instead of messing with this one. In fact i think i'll pretend that's what happened. I do however look forward to seeing pics of the finished production. Y'all do some incredibly nice books.

DanHocker
10-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks, Brian. Having never read the original, I have no attachment to it, so I'm totally open to his revised version. I look forward to its publication.

I'm not Brian, but no problem anyways... :P

Merlin1958
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM

FWIW The Exorcist is one truly scary and disturbing book, at least when it was originally released, and is a "must read". Certainly with new material and a new character you probably cannot go wrong reading this book.

Patrick
10-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Oh, sorry, Mindy.

jhanic
10-20-2011, 03:24 AM
:rofl:

John

DanHocker
10-20-2011, 06:15 AM

Oh, sorry, Mindy.

Very funny :P

swintek
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I just received the standard email notification about CD's Exorcist release, after receiving the early notification yesterday.

I could have sworn that when I went to the info page from the link in the first email that both editions were being done with a traycase?????

Was I just being an idiot who can't read? or was this a bit of a slip up on the website??? Did anyone else notice this? I could be totally wrong however ;-)

Yeah, I saw that the limited was indeed listed as traycased as well, Must have been a mistake that they corrected right away. This edition feels a little...."Again?. Really?" to me on the heels of the CD edition less than a year ago, but I guess it's selling out, so...

Jimimck
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Yeah, I saw that the limited was indeed listed as traycased as well, Must have been a mistake that they corrected right away. This edition feels a little...."Again?. Really?" to me on the heels of the CD edition less than a year ago, but I guess it's selling out, so...

Thank you! I thought I was going nuts.

Hey CD - Any chance you can hook me up with a traycase for my limited??? :innocent:

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I ordered the S/L version also. Really wanted that lettered edition but just don't have the funds right now. Oh well...

jemaher
10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
nice book ... i will bite

Brian James Freeman
10-22-2011, 04:23 AM

Nope, you're right: the text on the website and in the notes was correct, but the little description on the ordering button was wrong -- sometimes the site autofills those based on the last thing you entered and I missed it in this case and no one else caught it for about an hour. But the Limited Edition has always been planned to be slipcased. :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Both editions of The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-22-2011, 04:26 AM
As Dan posted on our board, we're now shipping this:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/customer/GideonsSwordPhoto.jpg

Brian

Ben Staad
10-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Both editions of The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Revised Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced.

Brian

Congrats! I guess maybe you folks do know what you're doing :)

Brian James Freeman
10-22-2011, 04:29 AM

Yep, December 2010 was The Exorcist / Legion.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-22-2011, 04:30 AM
By the way, I'm not getting my email notifications about this thread right now, so if anyone has an urgent question or problem, definitely feel free to email or PM Dan or myself so we can help you out. :)

Brian

Jimimck
10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I just received an update on the Knowing Darkness I ordered through CD recently, when they had their 50% sale. They oversold by a handful of copies, and todays email has confirmed that they have sourced some replacement copies from the publisher, and some of them may even be brand new.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you tyo CD for this, as many other publishers would have just cancelled the orders. The price was awesome enough to begin with, let alone now with the chance of receiving un-dinged copies.

Thanks guys!

e_taylor
10-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Is the gift edition of IT still slated for release by the end of the year?

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2011, 07:15 AM

Yep!

It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King
This title was sent to the printer in September 2011 and is right on track to be published in December as planned.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

Brian

DanHocker
10-25-2011, 07:15 AM

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed for the release of IT and we're still on schedule. Brian probably has a better idea about that than I do though.

Edit: Looks like we where posting at the same time.

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2011, 07:21 AM

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed for the release of IT and we're still on schedule. Brian probably has a better idea about that than I do though.

Edit: Looks like we where posting at the same time.

Ha! Yep, right on schedule. The bluelines have been approved and the F&G should be arriving next week. The slipcase and traycase prototypes looked good, just waiting on the stamping sample for approval. So we're right in track to ship in December!

Brian

Cutter
10-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Very good news! :thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I just received an update on the Knowing Darkness I ordered through CD recently, when they had their 50% sale. They oversold by a handful of copies, and todays email has confirmed that they have sourced some replacement copies from the publisher, and some of them may even be brand new.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you tyo CD for this, as many other publishers would have just cancelled the orders. The price was awesome enough to begin with, let alone now with the chance of receiving un-dinged copies.

Thanks guys!

Thank you for your patience! I was told today the rest of the copies are being packed to ship to us next week, so we should be filling the orders right after that!

Brian

jemaher
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
most excellent....and thank you for the timely update

Merlin1958
10-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to pop in to publicly thank, Mr. Freeman, for helping me out in a pinch!!!! What a great guy!!!! You just can't beat the new and improved CD!!!!

Randall Flagg
10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
A special thanks to Brian Freeman for joining up just over a year ago. It is amazing the progress CD has made in both delivering product and communicating with the Collecting Community.

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2011, 07:18 AM
A special thanks to Brian Freeman for joining up just over a year ago.

How time flies! :) Thanks!

Brian

LostAlivE
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Brian do you have any pictures of It that you can show us like the slipcase or a picture of the book?

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Brian do you have any pictures of It that you can show us like the slipcase or a picture of the book?

We already returned the slipcase and traycase prototypes (and they didn't have finished stamping anyway), and the "dummy book" looks like a giant, blank book (which is still with the slipcase maker!) -- but I could take a picture of the bluelines if anyone was interested or the F&Gs, which should be arriving next week!

Also, I've gotten several of the IT Artwork Portfolio prototypes back from our manufacturer because I was thinking of doing a little video or taking some photos to show the evolution of the folder. It went from this very basic folder that we were not happy with to a very cool, well-built "home" for the artwork, which will protect the artwork for years to come and also look really impressive when you go to show the artwork to people. I just haven't had a free moment to put anything together. :)

Brian

Jimimck
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Sounds good thanks Brian, I'm really keen to see the Artwork Portfolio when you get a chance.

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
We sent an email today to everyone who ordered THE BIG BOOK OF NECON Limited Edition or Artist Edition so you can confirm your address before your book ships next week. If you do NOT receive that email in the next hour or so and you did order the book through our store, please email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com and she will check your account and make sure we have your current address. Thanks!

Brian

George at C-Springs
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey Brian -

It's been a few months since I asked, but any update on The Passage lettered? Last I heard we were waiting on resolution with the traycase maker. I don't even see it listed on the Production Status page! Ditto for the lettered Kin, don't see it mentioned at all.

Thx -- George

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting on it as well. All the CD Lettered editions will be issued next year.

Brian James Freeman
10-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey Brian -

It's been a few months since I asked, but any update on The Passage lettered? Last I heard we were waiting on resolution with the traycase maker. I don't even see it listed on the Production Status page! Ditto for the lettered Kin, don't see it mentioned at all.

Thx -- George

It's in line with about 40 other Lettered Editions that we're working to get caught-up on, but we don't list them all individually on the production status page. There should be big progress on that front next year. We're going to have our high-end traycase maker -- who only does our King cases -- dedicate a month at their plant to the "regular" traycases, which normally would be too small of a job for them, but since we're going to do so many, they're going to make it work. But that can't happen until we're through their busy holiday season and into 2012 when they hit their slow season and can dedicate the floor time to so many small jobs. They make gift boxes for high-end perfumes and jewelry, etc, so things are nuts for them right now.

Brian

Patrick
10-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey Brian -

Thx -- George

It's in line with about 40 other Lettered Editions that we're working to get caught-up on, but we don't list them all individually on the production status page. There should be big progress on that front next year. We're going to have our high-end traycase maker -- who only does our King cases -- dedicate a month at their plant to the "regular" traycases, which normally would be too small of a job for them, but since we're going to do so many, they're going to make it work. But that can't happen until we're through their busy holiday season and into 2012 when they hit their slow season and can dedicate the floor time to so many small jobs. They make gift boxes for high-end perfumes and jewelry, etc, so things are nuts for them right now.

Brian
Sweet smelling, diamond-encrusted Lettered Edition traycases? Sounds like it'll be worth the wait!

Merlin1958
10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey Brian -

Thx -- George

Brian
Sweet smelling, diamond-encrusted Lettered Edition traycases? Sounds like it'll be worth the wait!

My wife has expensive tastes. She loves Chanel No. 5!!!!

:wtf::wtf:

Merlin1958
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
On a more serious note, it should be no surprise that Mr. Freeman's "join date" closely coincides with CD's remarkable turnaround and good fortune. I take my hat off to you, Mr. Freeman, Also, to Mr. Chizmar for the foresight to put you in that position!!

Jimimck
10-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey Brian, just wondering how close the Gift Edition of IT is to selling out? Do you expect it will sell out pre publication?

Cheers
James

Brian James Freeman
10-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Hey Brian, just wondering how close the Gift Edition of IT is to selling out? Do you expect it will sell out pre publication?

Cheers
James

My best guess: I don't think it's going to sell out pre-publication because of the retail cost. I do think word of mouth after people see what they're getting is going to help push it past the mark after publication. Take this part with a grain of salt, I am obviously biased (although I always try to call it like I see it), but I think this is going to be a mammoth, beautiful book and for people who love IT, I think this will become a special part of their collection.

There is one factor that could make the book sell out even faster. There are some large media outlets that are circiling around the "story" of CD publishing this edition and one of them is talking feature story. Who knows with these things, often nothing comes of these informational discussions... but if one of these places does end up featuring CD and the book, the rest will go fast even at that high retail price. We've seen it before on other projects that aren't by someone like Stephen King.

So... this post isn't much help but it's the info as I know it! :)

Brian

Ari_Racing
10-27-2011, 07:18 AM
How many copies are still available?

I spread the word in among my contacts in Argentina and, even when total cost increases due to shipping, we sold more than 25 copies. It's the first time a gift edition reaches that quantity in Argentina.

Brian James Freeman
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
How many copies are still available?

I spread the word in among my contacts in Argentina and, even when total cost increases due to shipping, we sold more than 25 copies. It's the first time a gift edition reaches that quantity in Argentina.

Hey Ari!

You've done an awesome job of selling the book! These are going to be really heavy so the warehouse will be packing them extra carefully. It's a long trip from us to you! :)

Last time I checked, the book was past the 75% mark, which I think is pretty good given the state of the economy and the retail price.

If you line up any more sales, let me know so we can get them all shipped to you together. Thanks again for your support!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Did Dan or I remember to let you guys know that we're selling THE PASSAGE Art Prints for Tomislav Tikulin? There are only 25 of the 100 left and it's going to be a beautiful piece. He actually revised it just a little since the hardcover was printed, which I think is neat:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/a_tomisl02

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/a_tomisl02large.jpg

God
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I took the liberty of rotating the image 90 degrees.
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1319746580-a_tomisl02large.jpg

Jimimck
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the IT info Brian, sounds promising.

Ari_Racing
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey Ari!

You've done an awesome job of selling the book! These are going to be really heavy so the warehouse will be packing them extra carefully. It's a long trip from us to you!

Last time I checked, the book was past the 75% mark, which I think is pretty good given the state of the economy and the retail price.

If you line up any more sales, let me know so we can get them all shipped to you together. Thanks again for your support!

Brian

Hey Brian!

Wow! It'll be a large package then. :D

I still receive inquires about it. I'll try to get some more sold before December. :)

Shannon
10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
That is some mighty fine artwork. :)

jemaher
10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
beautiful

DanHocker
10-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Brian posted a preview of the binding approval for the limited edition of IT, over here. (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?163-IT-The-25th-Anniversary-Special-Limited-Edition-by-Stephen-King&p=13182&viewfull=1#post13182)